Speaker 1: Tape deck Media.
Speaker 2: See the.
Speaker 1: Welcome back class once again. It's your teacher, mister Joseph bet Castro joining me as always are my tas mister Aaron Frescus and mister Christopher Chapman, and we have a special guest again today, mister David Callins. So we're going to turn it over to mister Chapman to continue the summary of Kindergarten Cop. But before we do that, I just wanted to say, remember what Dutch said, get to the Choppa, all right, take it away, mister Chapman.
Speaker 3: We see Crisp and his mother arrive in downtown Astoria, where Crisp goes to a toy store to try and buy the last slot car play set, but gets turned down.
Speaker 2: Flashing his money right now. To me, this scene was unnecessary because, first of all, you know exactly what's gonna happen next, and we are always a creek.
Speaker 3: Yeah we already.
Speaker 2: We don't need like this, We don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this doesn't. I guess they're trying to show that he's like excited about being a dad, but we get plenty of that later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just you're you're beating a dead pinata at this point for somethingthing. I don't know, he's if I've been getting the wrong message.
Speaker 3: He has a ponytail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not like it's Checkhof's uh fucking rc car thing like it doesn't like check offs whatever the fuck they are. Like, he doesn't get hit with it.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the best reference. Oh my god, he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Get hit with it. Later, Like maybe if he was buying him a baseball bat, then that's true, that would have been like a good playoff thing. But that's you know, that's a little ratement for you, always subverting expectations.
Speaker 2: So he's known for he's calling card, as it were. Oh God.
Speaker 3: Back of the Fair, O'Hara tells Arnold about Cindy's death and the captain's orders. So they just come right out and confront Joyce with the truth.
Speaker 2: Hey, we've been watching from across the bar, and we kind of like a vibe.
Speaker 3: Watching you and your son from across. So she tells them that the three million dollars never existed and runs home with Dominic, who is a likely story, who is the only thing that chrisp really wants.
Speaker 4: And I was gonna say it's weird that she runs from the cops, but like, I don't know, the cops have proven themselves not to be Uh you know.
Speaker 2: Did you not see her a cab tattoo just for a second one of the saints on her shoulder.
Speaker 3: Uh. So we go back to the toy store now where Crisp beats the.
Speaker 2: Ship to pay off that scene that we don't need.
Speaker 3: Exactly that was two seconds ago, by the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like why they even split that and have like we we know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly. They could have just followed him outside. So he beats the shit out of the dead who got the slot cars and steals the placet for dominic before meeting his mother in the pharmacy and giving us a small glimpse into his very fucked up childhood.
Speaker 4: And you say fucked up child that I say, I don't know, Old Lady Crisp kind of makes a good argument for pumping that kid with drugs.
Speaker 3: Like he's never been.
Speaker 4: Sick, he didn't get sick. Kind of That's why I'm like, you guys are like this relationships cripy, and like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: He's got a ponytail.
Speaker 3: Something.
Speaker 1: It's actually just another Stephen King reference. So, first off, we had the kid who plays Gage in a pet cemetery. He's in this movie. He's one of Arnold's kids. Then we had what, no, it's not little, it's it's the littlest one and he's the one, yeah boys have a vagina.
Speaker 2: It's the one who cut Ronold's ten and with a scalp.
Speaker 1: We also got the sad clown you know, obviously it and then basically Crisp was sad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's only sad when he doesn't get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean have you read the book that happened?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: And speaking of that, uh Eddie, you know, one of the ones in the Loser's Club, his mom is basically Crisp Crisp's mom, you know, without like the evil doing, but the overbearing pumpin and full address.
Speaker 2: Really nailed the names. You don't like that name Crisp, Like nothing about that guy? Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, and it's also the typical like two syllables sometimes last name first of like nineties movies like castor Troy or yeah. So I always felt I should chase my name to Castro Beck because that was just a perfect fucking like nineties bad guy movie. Actually, yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Arnold now shows up to Joyce's place to find the place torn apart and Joyce frantically searching for Dominic. Arnold realizes that Dominant is on the tower after hearing that he was talking about laser So.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is the part where I was like, I can believe that the kid really thinks he knows how lasers work. Sure, but to climb up a tower with rolls of tinfoil? Like, how bad is this education system? They have failed this kid on every level, that's true.
Speaker 3: And his mom's a teacher. Yeah, I think about that, Like.
Speaker 1: First of all, it's a luminum foil. Second of all, I don't really.
Speaker 3: Let's see. Oh, so the kid is halfway up the tower when a bird scares him and he falls a few feet before his backpack catches on something, leaving him hanging up there.
Speaker 2: Arnold climbs up and rescues him, which which they should have left in the air. Chris is not going to be crisp standing underneath the tower his hands. I just like, looked, where is he.
Speaker 3: Just refusing to look up?
Speaker 2: Damn it?
Speaker 3: I can hear him, but I don't see him. So Arnold climbs up and rescues him, and then we cut back to the house with Dominic fast asleep. Arnold convinces Joyce to let him help her by letting her know that he's a shitty dad and then making.
Speaker 2: Out with her. Yeah, that's such an eighties movie. A woman is mad at you, how do you get her to turn around? You kiss her? Yeah, that's that's the move.
Speaker 3: It's not really, it's just it's a lot of passion built up and.
Speaker 4: Mouth.
Speaker 2: That was weird. I'm sorry that.
Speaker 3: So the next day at school, O'Hara joins Arnold in class and they teach the whole class about stranger danger.
Speaker 2: Actually, I was waiting for that. They didn't say stranger danger exists yet.
Speaker 3: I feel like nineteen ninety yeah it might not.
Speaker 1: I didn't hear that until I was an adult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully not to your face. Yeah no, no, no, parents nature.
Speaker 3: Some kid just started screaming.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm like, oh no, that did almost happen to be Once. I was at the playground here in San Francisco with my friend and his kid, and you know, playing around, and like some kid wanted to get on the swing and he's like, I want on there. I'm like, yeah, right like just picked him up and put him on there, and his mom comes like running over like ah, I'm like, oh, yeah, that's probably a really dumb idea. Sorry, you just want it on the swing.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not banned from that part. I'm there.
Speaker 3: So meanwhile, in the principal's office, Crisp pretends to be a parent checking out the school for his child and gets a little tool.
Speaker 2: And the principal she's like, well he got a point yell that checks out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, surely on the level. Uh. When he arrives at the kindergarten class, he sees Dominic and is really excited for a second, but then he has to quickly hide when he sees Arnold.
Speaker 2: I was wondering at that point would he even recognize his child because he hasn't seen one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was, I thought about that.
Speaker 4: But the only reason that he which I think he says in like uh like the next scene, is that the only reason he recognized him is because like or thought he recognized him was because the kid's name was Dominic and that she wanted to name him Dominic.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's true, he found out.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so he would have any any kid named Dominick.
Speaker 2: He would have kidnaped that. Okay, they could have had two Dominison class now turns into like a switch Roog kind of funny movie, his second.
Speaker 1: Parent trap or some ship.
Speaker 2: Uh reverse parent trap.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so uh it's like that gets a lot darker when you reverse. So he goes back out of the school to get a gun from his mother and then starts a fire in the library, presumably because he hates books. The fire alarm goes off, immediately, raising the suspicions of Arnold and O'Hara, but since they go outside and it's a real fire, they all head outside and.
Speaker 2: Which should be more suspicious?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Dominic grabs Arnold's ferret. In the chaos, Arnold loses Dominic and he gets picked up by Crisp. But luckily, Arnold's class has been successfully turned into a bunch of narcs, so they all call out Crisp and Arnold.
Speaker 2: I was such a children the Corn moment where they'll just like turn up. I'm like that.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: See, I didn't even need to make that Stephen King reference earlier. I have to make one per episode. It's by legal allegation, but you did the work for me.
Speaker 3: Here, so oh yeah, So Arnold is pursuing Crisp. Joyce realizes that Dominic isn't with the rest of the class and then runs back into the building despite O'Hara's protests. As Arnold searches for Dominic, Crisp gets into an empty room and tries to explain that he's Dominic's real father, but Dominic doesn't believe him and starts yelling again, so Chris covers his mouth and runs.
Speaker 2: The best part of that is where he's like, I'm a fireman and the kid's like, where's your hat? And he gets so proud He's like, where's my hat? You can't fool this kid. This this kid is, This kid is so he knows I'm not a fireman. How does he know? He's a fucking genius. That's how.
Speaker 1: That's how he tricked my dog. When she like, you know, throw a street on the ground and she finds, I'm like, what a fucking smart girl, and fo my boy.
Speaker 2: So that actually pays off in the very next scene. Uh when I don't know if it's the next scene, but I'll I'll call it when it happens. Go ahead, Okay.
Speaker 3: Arnold finds Jason Rightman making out with a girl, but no dumb O'Hara tries to get back in the building, but the goddamn fireman won't let her.
Speaker 2: There a lot of teacher back in, but not a copy. You know, you got to stay out here.
Speaker 3: She tries to go around back, but is spotted by Crisp's mother, who hits her with a car.
Speaker 2: Happens to be there, wait the engine running.
Speaker 3: I only noticed that she's a cop, I think, because she pulls her gun out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's like o'harah, more like, oh, hit by a carra I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: No, I love that one.
Speaker 1: Oh hair line fracture in her leg.
Speaker 2: There you go, Oh hair I go again? Running people over. Chriss, you're up?
Speaker 3: No, I got nothing. I'm terrible. Uh So inside Chris runs into Joyce and they argue in the locker room.
Speaker 2: Okay, here here's the part we're just going back to. Like him thinking his kid's a genius.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but because.
Speaker 2: He's so stupid, he actually says, how the hell do you get out of here? He's in a school.
Speaker 3: There are probably signs.
Speaker 2: It's not amaze, it's not a department store. It's not as.
Speaker 1: And where does he run?
Speaker 2: And then okay, yeah, go ah, no exactly where does he run into a locker room which no elementary school has. Okay, this is a full locker room with showers. Why this is elementary school that's never existed. Yeah, use that Goony's money for fucking civil infrastructure. Don't be wasting it on frivolous things like a locker room at elementary school. That's just what the hell?
Speaker 3: Oh say? So they're arguing in the locker room. Yes, Crisp hits Joyce, and this gives Dominic a chance to run away because he's a coward.
Speaker 2: Good call.
Speaker 3: As Crisp searches, Arnold stealthily enters the locker room and creeps up behind Crisp as he corners Dominic. When Crisp realizes Arnold is there, he turns Dominic into his hostage, threatening to shoot him and forcing Arnold to put down his gun. Just as Crisp goes to shoot Arnold, his ferret crawls out of Dominic's shirt, runs up Chris's body, and bites him in the neck, causing him to hit Arnold's leg.
Speaker 2: Aaron, remember when he asked if the fair had a name. Yeah, fairrest name is dais e manacause that fair it existed for no other reason than to bite this guy. Yep, it had no purpose in his Chekhov's fer it man exactly, and like what kind of farre is gonna sit like? It's sat in his coat through the whole plane ride.
Speaker 3: Exactly, It's sat in his kid's shirt through a whole sag fire that was so comfortable to be stuffed into this child's shirt. Ye, smoky hallway, Yeah, sprinkler's on and he's running down.
Speaker 2: The hall until he gets danger.
Speaker 3: No, until it sensed evil.
Speaker 4: It doesn't like ponytails, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I wanted to agree with you all this, but I guarantee you my dog would do this exact same thing, because she fucking she loves me. She cuddles with me.
Speaker 2: Take her question.
Speaker 1: I get around my wife, she fucking she'll lunge at me. She's out front teeth, but she's bit.
Speaker 2: Is your dog inside your shirt right now?
Speaker 1: She's with my wife because it's like shot. She'd fit in there, I wish. But if my wife, if she's not around my wife, she will not sleep and she'll fucking sit there and stare at the door and then occasionally start howling like a wolf, like a oh, I'm like what the fuck? So I guarantee you my dog would do this, but not not for me. She would bite me if if.
Speaker 3: You were holding Laura off.
Speaker 1: Yeah something she should.
Speaker 3: If your marriage went really wrong. God knows whoicide it's on. Uh So, So the ferret bites Crisp in the neck, he shoots Arnold in the leg, and that allows Arnold to grab his gun and shoot Crisp multiple times.
Speaker 2: So a lesson learned Arnold.
Speaker 1: He's a liar.
Speaker 2: That farret does bite Yep.
Speaker 4: Also, Chris didn't die from the gunshot, he from rabies.
Speaker 2: Is that what you had?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah. So Joyce goes to find dominic as Arnold gets up, when all of a sudden, Crisp's mother enters the locker room. She shoots Arnold in the arm and he kind of runs away.
Speaker 4: While yelling no more wire hangers ever, like sorry.
Speaker 2: He ran away, like killing me, I'm here, I'm here, I was gonna say his Crisp's mom is like she he's got to be like secretly disappointed to her because she's running everything. Oh yeah, she's walking the street level drug dealer. She's getting the witness killed, she's fucking shooting the cop.
Speaker 3: That's why she wants her grandson so bad. She's like, I'm gonna skip right over my son and hopefully the next generation is.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's kind of like your mom takes care of all the ship for you. I don't want to go to work. Your mom's like, I'll get on the phone with him right now. Hey, Joe's not fucking showing up today, all right, Like all right, this is to see like we got it.
Speaker 4: Once Onceris Crisp grew up that ponytail.
Speaker 2: She's like, she's I failed, I failed to start over.
Speaker 4: We need to find your son.
Speaker 3: So Chrisp's mother is walking around the locker room. She finds her dead son.
Speaker 2: In locker room and in elementary school. I just need to drive that point home a little heart.
Speaker 3: Also, no, maybe it's a spoke. I was thinking the locker room seemed kind of steamy, like people were just using it.
Speaker 2: Yeah I did, didn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like that porn thing you guys are talking about.
Speaker 3: You guys are sick. So she finds Arnold in a corner. She's about to shoot him when all of a sudden, O'Hara shows up with a baseball bat and Louisville slugs her.
Speaker 2: See that could have been the bat that Joe was saying he should have bought a bat at the Toy Star exactly. That would have been Checkov's at or whatever the fuck am I calling. Now Good wins Evil is defeated, right, but Arnold's.
Speaker 3: Dying exactly so outside Arnold's class watches as he's loaded into the ambulance, and like, there's not much emotion in this movie, but for some reason, it fucking got to me when they focus on Zach silently watching Arnold get put into the ambulance.
Speaker 2: I don't know, okay, but also I know Organ has softened him up a little bit. But remember what a tough guy he was. He got shot in the leg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, amb the arm.
Speaker 2: Extremities, look the John kimball. I know I would have walked it off. And that's that calling a day.
Speaker 1: Well he got soft John Kimple. I know that it wouldn't even been able to penetrate his muscles, which is.
Speaker 3: In the hospital. So we cut to the hospital now where we see Arnold recovering although he's clearly still got some head trauma because he's refusing to eat the jello.
Speaker 2: Right that a nurse's spoon feeding him.
Speaker 1: Hello, yeah, that's one of like three notes I got. He got shot in like one arm, his other arm works like white? Why does he like?
Speaker 3: I mean that's true?
Speaker 1: Why isn't he fucking.
Speaker 2: A really good ppo?
Speaker 3: Okay, So O'Hara comes in to cheat on her fiance. I guess which that just thought that was? It's so fucking weird because they kiss on the lips and I was like, right.
Speaker 2: I was like that on the cheek, the forehead, like nope, going for the lips.
Speaker 3: Arnold acknowledges that they are partners now before her fiance comes in and they invite him to the wedding.
Speaker 2: With what's for clumsy? Yes, pulled the cord and fucked up his legs.
Speaker 3: Does that happen? Do they put your leg in like a complicated police system? Would you need to have your leg elevated? I've only if you.
Speaker 2: Got shot at sure? Why not?
Speaker 1: I I don't know how he's a chef. He's that fucking clumsy.
Speaker 2: That he's got a rat it to him. But it's just for chef stuff. It doesn't help much.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, why does he write it to himself?
Speaker 1: Look, well, he doesn't have a lot of hair up there, so it's kind of hard to control what's going on.
Speaker 3: So O'Hara asks where they should send the invitation. Sometime later, we are back at the school, where Arnold gets to visit his class, who are all thrilled to see him back. Joyce hears the commotion from her class and abandons them to slice her off a piece of Kimball pie, and we freeze from him on a display of public affection that would probably get you suspended where I went.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But also we finally get the closure've been wanting that John Kimball will never ever see his estrange son again. He is traded several times, and that was just nope, yeah, what's son? Sorry, I got a new woman.
Speaker 3: Now he's a new son too, exactly for the.
Speaker 2: Fact that he's such an emotional time stump for him and now was just like no by stepfather.
Speaker 3: And we get one last gem from Lowell. As they kiss, he goes, oh, they're gonna do it. Good call.
Speaker 2: I think Lowell would have been more like, that's how you get aids would have been a little more characteristic of them.
Speaker 3: We wear the clap.
Speaker 2: That's not for the clap foles.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm stealing lady in time I see anybody kissing.
Speaker 3: You, wear the clap. All right, that's our movie. We go to the credits from here, which means that it's time for America's favorite segment. Joe Namath.
Speaker 1: Now we are going to do something extremely fun.
Speaker 3: We're going to play a wonderful game called who is My Daddy?
Speaker 2: And what does she do? Yes?
Speaker 3: Take it away, Joe. All right.
Speaker 1: So, not a lot of good ones in here, and Chris already kind of fucked up one of them. So I really only got two, not a lot of Richards in this movie, so it's kind of hard to you know.
Speaker 3: Oh damn, the well is dry.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Kissing Boy is Jason Raightman, as you mentioned, which damn, what a fucking Your dad's like a director, and you're like, yeah, I want to be in the fucking movie. Let me make out with this girl closet Like, oh nope, I love the take dad, whoops this soon?
Speaker 2: Now the Dad's like, I don't believe you do it again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's ruining his son's love life forever?
Speaker 1: Should I cup her breast? Or what's going on here?
Speaker 2: That's my motivation.
Speaker 1: And the only other one I got is a best boy, which is Benny McNulty, which is of course the brother of former Baltimore City Police officer Jimmy McNulty. So damn, yep, got my wire, got my wire reference int me Stephen King reference in. I'm getting his Simpsons reference later and then I'm good.
Speaker 3: Then I am clocking out.
Speaker 2: One one note on the movie. Yeah. Originally, well originally, but they they had tried to get Bill Murray and then Patrick Swayze to play the leads. Patrick, and I could not imagine Bill Murray, Yeah running this movie. Yeah, because he's such a dry humor like, oh yeah, Patrick Swayze.
Speaker 4: Maybe dancing a lot, that would I know, it's only one movie, but still kicking, kicking the kids.
Speaker 3: I don't know, dances it Zach's dad, yeah, dad throat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would do great.
Speaker 4: How about we do some total free call because that's what it's segments. Hey, let's get into it. Let's do it yet about total anyway, I'll do it later.
Speaker 1: What do you want, mister Quaid? The same as you do remember, open your mind, open your mind.
Speaker 4: Okay, So basically all it is, by the way, yeah, yeah, for sure. Basically all it is is uh.
Speaker 3: Seven trivia questions. I think since there's three of you at seven, yes, well this is three seven questions.
Speaker 4: First of three wins, uh, and you buzz in by just saying your name and then that's it, right, I think. I don't know he was ever written down.
Speaker 2: But we do cutthroat, you guys. You guys play cutthroat right now.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: Like I would say Joe's name and then he's on the spot to answer it, and if he doesn't answer it, he's out.
Speaker 3: Oh that's out. We don't do that.
Speaker 4: That is a good idea, except that is Joe always wins just because Yeah.
Speaker 3: So maybe call it Aaron's name instead. All right, so I got seven questions?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and when you buzz in he stops reading.
Speaker 3: So yes, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, So you might want to wait till you are sure you know what my question is. So question number one during who is your daddy and what does he do? There are two actual job titles named what are they? Joe Joe?
Speaker 5: Uh gynecologist and a electrician incorrect, anybody else count I guess.
Speaker 4: I don't remember gynecologists, aaron and gynecologist, and I know one of them describes the bank like it sounds like somebody that works for a bank, but they shouldn't.
Speaker 3: Say what they actually say the name of another job that's not the banker.
Speaker 4: Well, then that's not my guess. Gynecologists and a construction worker. I don't know.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 3: Yeah, coologists is a very famous remember the famous.
Speaker 1: Guy of collegists Native American?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, he was a kind of cologist Joe uh uh No, it was gynecologists and psychologists who oh right, okay, yeah, one of them says.
Speaker 2: I was going to say that, but I didn't think she said the name all right?
Speaker 3: That her dad helps people who have lost their feelings, I think is the way.
Speaker 1: She's described what psychology degree I have to use.
Speaker 3: I Question number two, what is O'Hara's favorite dish, Joe Joe uh.
Speaker 1: Pasta or spaghetti aglio olio basically olive oil pasta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pasta what she calls it? Oh, I thought his.
Speaker 4: I thought it's like that was her nickname for him, a olio like and it's spaghetti that or passive that he made for her m.
Speaker 1: Olive oil.
Speaker 3: Question number three, What book did Arnold read to his son and his class?
Speaker 1: Fucking he?
Speaker 4: It was like, I don't need to know that I know the author Joe the lorax.
Speaker 2: U Dave gynecologists and psychologists.
Speaker 4: That's correct, noologists today.
Speaker 3: Quarterly, Aaron.
Speaker 4: I know that the author is A Milney, but I don't know what the book is.
Speaker 3: What is it that's the Is that the Winnie the Pooh guy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm pretty sure, and I know that that's an author, but I don't remember the book.
Speaker 3: I know the book was called when we were very young.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's like that.
Speaker 3: That's right. I was gonna make a killer's joke and I forgot to.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Isn't that the name of a music festival?
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, it's a it's a it's the killer song, but for like the kids, the team kids by or whatever. When we were very young. It's not a song killer song when we were young, when I was young, when you were young, I think when we were young.
Speaker 3: We were young, but the festival is when we were young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, anyway, God.
Speaker 3: My question suck tonight. Let's see question number four. What is the name of Arnold's son and how old is he? Aaron?
Speaker 2: Aaron?
Speaker 3: He was thirdteen.
Speaker 4: And his name was Alex.
Speaker 3: That is correct, all right?
Speaker 4: I had written down like little stuff where I'm like, Okay.
Speaker 1: This could be a question anyway.
Speaker 3: Question number five? What airline do the detectives to Oregon?
Speaker 1: That one's Joe Alaska?
Speaker 2: Goddamn, last one, Joe.
Speaker 3: Question number six, This one sucks. What number is crisp in the lineup?
Speaker 1: Joey Joe five?
Speaker 3: That's Joe again.
Speaker 2: Goddamn, Joe takes it.
Speaker 1: What's the last question?
Speaker 3: What condition causes O'Hara to eat so much?
Speaker 1: And she's hyperglyce?
Speaker 2: Yeah, didn't say her name?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you lose My name is.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Anyway?
Speaker 3: Joe wins again.
Speaker 2: Okay, you tell me who is your daddy and what does he do? Get it? Okay, we start right here. You my dad doesn't do anything since the crash. You guys got favorite lines?
Speaker 4: Who wants to go first?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll go classic. It's not a Tuma, it's best one. Wo Yeah, there's a couple of gus best the best one.
Speaker 3: It's amazing delivery, it stands the test of time, It's got everything yep. Uh, mine is not an arm of line. I really I when the first time I watched it and she said, if you were any stiffer, we could take your surface.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was That was one of the ones I wrote down. I think I gotta go with I have a couple of things like what happened your dog? I had written down, which was just made me laugh. But I really like, I really like my name is John Kimball and I love my car.
Speaker 2: Like that was really bizarre.
Speaker 4: Or there is no bathroom is good too?
Speaker 3: Anyway? Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: I have to one when he's at the party in the club beginning, they're like, who are you? It's like I'm the body poopa.
Speaker 2: But uh the.
Speaker 1: No bathroom line is probably it, but it's not technically a line, but I canna read it anyways. You kids are soft, you lack discipline. Well I've got news for you. You are mine now you.
Speaker 2: Damn this is cough everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're the ones that are tough, not me. I could breathe, Holy, you belong to me. You're not going to have your mummies behind you anymore with the white pe little tushies. Oh no, it's it's it's time now to turn mush into muscles. No one complaining, No, mister Gimble, I have to go to the bathroom. Nothing, there is no bathroom. So beautiful rendition.
Speaker 2: I do love the way for I will say that like another line that I loved. It was not a funny line, but I still love when the kids said, my dad doesn't do anything after this, just the implication of what happened that.
Speaker 3: Fuck uh Yeah. A lot of good ones in this movie.
Speaker 4: Okay, and usually we usually we'll do a kill count, but like, what is it?
Speaker 3: It's four five?
Speaker 4: You got uh, Cindy Crispy Crisp made Yeah, not the not the grandma because yeah, so Cindy Crisp, the Danny Danny.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, the guy who he kills in the in the mall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I thought there was one more that account. Oh oh oh the pencil, the pencil.
Speaker 3: That breaks.
Speaker 2: And also the guy, uh, the guy he stole the race car set from. He fell and hit his head on a concrete.
Speaker 3: Just bled out. People just walked right by that. It was terrible. When the big man was killed.
Speaker 4: You must have wounded it.
Speaker 2: It's flood was on the leaves pread.
Speaker 3: We can kill.
Speaker 1: It, so We're gonna rate this movie on a scale of one to five irons pumped. Please remember that there is this scale of arnold movies only, so if it because if not, who.
Speaker 2: The fuck gave raw Deal three point five? That's way too I see.
Speaker 3: It's probably guess less.
Speaker 2: You're out of line on that one too.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen to Joe spiel because it's not just about the quality of the movie.
Speaker 1: This deal with it is arnoldness. So uh, if we are ready, Chris, why don't you go ahead and get us started.
Speaker 3: I think I'm gonna put this movie at a solid four point zero because even though there's not like a ton of action, I think he's just so perfectly cast, Like they know exactly how to use him in all the right ways, the juxtaposition between him and the kids, him and the principal, like the fact that he is just completely out of his element, he can't like fight his way out of the most of the problems he has in this movie. I think this movie just uses him pretty perfectly. And again, Ivan Rightman just knows how to get a good comedy performance out of him. So yeah, yeah, this one's entertaining the whole way through.
Speaker 4: Yeah, reminding me about Phil Hartman's line you can't bench press your way to this one, King all the way?
Speaker 1: All right, what about you, Dave?
Speaker 2: I mean even a three point five because it was it was good. He was perfectly Cassie's great. It's like the fish out of water, like this guy's a school teacher. But I feel like the movie itself got a little too heavy at times for me, and the kind of comedy was overall, So yeah, three point five is where I would rank this one.
Speaker 1: Interesting, what about you, Aaron?
Speaker 4: This is one of my favorite Arnold movies, and this is definitely my favorite of his comedies, even though I think I might like, sorry, this doesn't make sense, Like I think Twins might be a little.
Speaker 3: Better in her comedy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but this is like a nostalgia reasons this one I enjoy more probably, And the way it starts off with classic Arnold Yeah, like it's like a straight like action movie and then it like transitions all of a sudden into just this comedy, like a like a family comedy is awesome. And the lines you've got, all the classical lines are pretty like I didn't realize how many of the classic lines were in this, Like half.
Speaker 3: Of the Arnold soundboard is from this movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he's I see, I would say I think I still think he does better as far as like a damn it. Now, I'm gonna drop the rating. I still think he does better as far as the like, I know, he's playing like a straight man in this, but I love him in Twins because he's playing kind of just a big do fist. I'll stick with the four anyway. I'm gonna go with the four. This is what happens when I want write stuff down. But it's also a lot shorter, so that's okay. Anyway, how about you, Joe.
Speaker 1: I think this movie is almost flawless. I think it's a great mix, much like Nick Bain's Let's Get Let's Get Silly. I believe it is a great mix of action comedy. Uh, and it's it's hard to like. I didn't even take much notes on this movie because I was just enjoying it, and like, you know, how do you know, with like Batman and Robin stuff, we can like make five million notes because we can make our own jokes and all that other stuff. This one he can't really do. But all that said, see, this is a tough one because it's not a four point five i'd give it. I'd also give it a four.
Speaker 2: All right, all right?
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, Like like you were saying, which i've I know I've mentioned, and I was telling Chris yesterday, I think it's way harder to write any sort of jokes for the comedies, except unless.
Speaker 3: They're like really bad.
Speaker 4: Like The Villain was very easy to write jokes for it, but that was not good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was also hardest shit to sit through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't think I know that one.
Speaker 4: It's it's like the one he does with You've ever seen that picture of him with Kirk Douglas and Margaret.
Speaker 3: Like dressed as a cowboy.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Well, that's it's right though you'd think so.
Speaker 3: It had, it had potential.
Speaker 4: They just it wasn't executed very well as far as like cause it was basically supposed to be like a Luntunes cartoon, but they just it wasn't very well done anyway, whereas like something like Maggie Man I it's just the serious stuff is so much more fun to write for anyway. Okay, sorry, you can give the score, which is is that right there?
Speaker 2: And a couple quick questions on this real quick. Yes, First of all, who gave Conan a point five? Because I might have to fight them?
Speaker 4: That was Brendan, because Brendan I for some reason, I mean I don't really like it either, but for some reason, like I was like, hey, you want to do the podcast? He's like, oh, sure, And I forgot to ask him if he actually likes Ramald Schwartzlayer, which he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Oh, that was my mistake and whatever, you need, you need.
Speaker 4: Something to balance it out.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, second thing, did you guys, I don't know if you looked this up, but on Rotten Tomatoes, this has a fifty four percent, which I feel like is pretty low.
Speaker 1: Like what It also has a six point two on IMDb, which I feel is extreme.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it's not I give a three point five. I think it's better than a fifty four percent. Like that's not sure it's better than that.
Speaker 1: Seriously, Yeah, I think it's like a kind of a damn near perfect movie, but that doesn't necessarily make it like the greatest movie. Else I would have given it a better than four. But like, I don't, I don't think there's anything right.
Speaker 4: I feel like it also probably didn't help that as far as like for maybe for the critics that it was coming off of Twitter Recall, which was probably definitely better with the action, and probably the jokes were probably it's just sillier and it wasn't it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's a completely different movie.
Speaker 2: He's trying to make a family conferent genre.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, I know, I just like that's the only thing I can think of that maybe, and I don't know, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, he had already he had also made Twins before this, so they know he can do comedy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Twins was a Twins Gout was rated like by the critics, I think, much better than this. But I also wasn't researching movies as well back then. So anyway, anyhow, that is going to leave it with a three point a sorry three three point seven five, which is going to put it below Predator, Running Man, Twins in Commando.
Speaker 1: But I guess I'm going through Peberdeacon right above six Day Last stand in Eraser. So it is sitting one, two, three four fifth on her anis Peditor now top five.
Speaker 3: I like our top five.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, now that it knocked out the sixth Day, I'd say, like, I'm not ashamed of the top five anymore.
Speaker 1: I mean the other movies that we covered, like, I think six Days better than a lot of them.
Speaker 2: So what was the one where here was a sheriff in a small town in the land.
Speaker 4: Which is number which is what number seven?
Speaker 1: That movie is fun?
Speaker 2: That was fun.
Speaker 4: I like that one and six Day again, like it's just like a bad uh, a total recall.
Speaker 3: It's just like a dumb sci fi Yeah.
Speaker 2: So what uh do you got to see Gunther? No I have seen that yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, nope, that's on the list.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, all right, well, Dave, thank you very much for being on the show today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Do you have any plugs? Plug?
Speaker 2: Probably not?
Speaker 1: Well, how do the people find you?
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 1: I mean they want.
Speaker 2: I'll find them on some of the socials.
Speaker 1: On shark at Isle half shark, alligator, half man.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. I just came up with shark at Isle back in two thousand and eight. I came with sharkadile because I figured that's the oltimate predator. And seriously, for for like years, if you googled shark at Isle image search, it would just be pictures of me nice from me from my Twitter because it's Shark at Isle. But since then it's just like everyone's done Shark. All I'm not even in the first page anymore. Stud first one.
Speaker 4: All right, And that's going to do it for this episode. But we'll be back soon with the production and promotional side of Kindergarten cop where we'll check out a few promo videos, but not before finding out a little behind the scenes trivia, such as stuff like which actors were considered for Arnold and Penelopim Miller's roles, as well as why Ivan Rightman almost in direct the film. Until then, though, please don't forget to leave us a rating and review on either Spotify or Apple Podcasts, because it seriously helps so much. But yeah, thanks for listening and class dismissed.
Speaker 3: If you enjoy our show, please consider giving us a positive review on Apple Podcasts or your podcast.
Speaker 1: App of choice.
Speaker 3: You can follow us on Twitter and Instagram at the Potty Richter to make sure you never miss an episode. See you with the Potty Richter is a production of tape Deck Media. Follow tape Deck on Instagram at tape Deck Underscore Media, or look us up on Facebook for more hilarious podcasts.
Speaker 2: This has been a tape Deck Media production. Thank you for listening.