Speaker 1: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to another edition of The Cajun Night Live. I am the Caju Night your host Jacob Mook, and uh I got a couple of ideas as far as what I'm gonna call this little community that we're building for ourselves, the Cajun Nights of the Roundtable. You know, I think that might work out. I've heard a couple of different things get thrown out. I check the comments on the Spotify and on things, so you know, I don't know, We'll we'll figure something out, but at this moment, like the Nights of the Roundtable meeting for their Wednesday Night meet up, like, hey, I kind of dig that, but you know, we'll figure it all out here. Uhse Alex shut up Jesus Alex h. For anybody who's curious and would like to be a part of this conversation, then please come check out The Cajun Night on Patreon. Link is in the description below, And there's only one tier to entry, and we're just trying to grow this to be a community that talks about more current events, what's going on in the world. Sometimes it's religious based, sometimes it's geopolitic based, sometimes it's science based. Sometimes it's all the above. But uh yeah, I'm enjoying the hell out of our Wednesday night conversations everybody. So thank y'all everybody for being a part of this with me. So all right, we got some things to discuss, all right. I got a lot of geopolitical articles pulled up here. This is it's yes, I know, I'm not gonna say it's a wild time to be alive, although it is. But you know what, let's start off local, right, Let's start off Neil a little closer to home here. So apparently this is from a city news everywhere, Edmonton, The Times, Edmonton, if I'm not mistaken. Alberta introduces a bill that would make it easier to separate from Canada. They are not alone in this, by the way, I know for sure, Saskatchewan and God, what's the one right next to them. There's three of them in the center that are all trying to push forward legislation to make it easier for them to just straight up seceee from Canada. And it's not even about America turning them into the fifty first state, fifty second state, fifty third state, they're at this point begging, like we're not trying to force multiply shit. They are coming at us and begging to be a part of this grand experiment that we call the democracy in the American way, which I love. I love that. But anyway, let's read in here. This was posted on April twenty ninth of this year, a day after Canada's Liberals won a fourth consecutive mandate. Alberta's government has introduced a bill that would make it easier to start a referendum, including one separating from Canada. And I know I talked about that. I'm not sure if it was on this show or on the Cult, but so yeah, Trudeau is stepping down eventually at some point this year. I keep hearing different times in different dates as far as when his final day will be. But whatever, right, the Liberal Party still so handily won the election. Overall, there was these three provinces that want nothing to do with this, and they would like to separate themselves from what they see as the burning ship. They're not trying to go down with it. Never mind the fact that these three are the only ones that have any kind of real agriculture or real industry. That could support itself. It's it's kind of like that conversation whenever they talk about how Texas could secede from America any point, like per the paperwork, they could. I don't think they ever actually would, but if they did, hypothetically they would instantly have the world's tenth largest army and the world's fourth largest economy. Like turn of a switch, the nation of Texas would hold that kind of clout instantly. Alberta is not to that level, of course, but they are essentially Canada's Texas, and if they were to seceed, they could sustain themselves pretty handily without any kind of outside help or interventions. So I like that. I like that kind of can't do attitude. But yeah, so the Liberal Party one, and the guy who is about to take over is essentially a Trudeau junior, but he's a little older, a little more, a little more seasoned, an old geezer, and I don't with Trudeau's mindset and his ideologies and his economic policies. And it's a bad time. It's just not gonna be a good time. So anyway, with that being said, in the Liberal Party winning for a fourth consecutive term, Uh, these provinces have decided that they're just they're gonna get ready to be done and wash their hands of this whole thing. As a direct quote here from the Alberta Premier, Danielle Smith, we are going to introduce it regardless of what the outcome was. It just so happens that this is the timing now that we're back from a week of constituency break. Okay, So they're saying they were gonna do it regardless the timing was really good, but they were gonna push it forward anyway. Right. Bill fifty four proposes many changes to Alberta's election rules. Among them is lowering the threshold for a citizen or a citizen led referendum to ten percent of people who voted in the last election. It would currently take twenty percent of eligible voters. Okay, so they're talking about taking the number and cutting that in half of how many it would take to have like a real sit down talk about what happened.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The bill would also allow one hundred and twenty days to gather those signatures, a boost from the ninety days. Alberta's premier says Pierre Poislavier could be wrong with that. One should stay on as Conservative leader despite losing his seat. She does not have any regrets over any influence she may have had on the results. That's from Sean a motto. Don't really know who that is, but yeah, I served as a dude in basic. It was a motto anyway, she says. While the premier openly wanted Pierre's Conservatives to win, she says she's still not a separatist after Mark Carney's victory. I believe in Alberta's sovereignty within a United Canada. Smith said, However, there is a citizen's referendum process that if citizens want to put a question on a ballot and get enough of the fellow citizens to sign that petition, then those questions would be put forward. Again, I don't want to prejudge what that question might be, so okay, and not to dig any deeper on this one. They're saying that it would make it easier to secede from Canada. That might be a bit presumptuous. I understand that. However, I can't say that I don't like the intentions here. Alberta has made multiple mentions about seceding before. Aside from Trump, right, this isn't a Trump conversation. This is talking about Canada being pissed about Canadian elections. Cool things. Trump talk shit, That's what he does. He's a shit talker. But we're talking about the people that actually live in that land not wanting to be associated with that land anymore. And this person is saying, no, we don't want to secede. The people that I know that live in Alberta have said way differently. They would love to be flying the red, white and blue rather than the silver maple leaf. But time will tell. Time will tell. Anyway, onto the next topic. We're still sticking on this side of the globe. Yes, the globe, everybody, it's not a flat. So apparently the Mexican military does not know how to operate a GPS. Either that or they simply don't have them issued to them. So long story short, you got this couple, a man and a woman, and they're chilling in the southern east portion of the state of New Mexico right now. What were they doing there, you might add, ask, excuse me, They were trying to help illegals that made it across the border. Now I don't like that, and they should be thrown in jail.
Speaker 3: For that.
Speaker 1: Fine, fine, But as they're out there essentially camping, right and they were American citizens, the Mexican military, the Mexican Army rolls up, guns strapped and all these things, and uh, they actually kind of come up on them. I was like, hey, what are y'all doing in Mexico. Y'all are supposed to be on this side of the border. And they're like, you're a good ways into the American country at this time, Like you cross the border a few miles back, like a lot of miles back. They're like, gay okay, and they're like no, no, no, here' She pulls up her phone and shows them, like home boy, you are a good ways into New Mexico right now. Apparently the Mexican military doesn't either A have maps. B if they have them, they don't know how to use them. Apparently they slept during their land nav course, which is preposterous. Or see they don't have GPS's or d they have GPS's but just don't know how to use them. I don't know, I don't know. It's this sounds ridiculous. But of course, when it was discovered by them that they were in the wrong, they took off in high tailed back home. But let's talk about it. Let's talk about it here. This is from what is the source, kget dot com. It's a NBC new subsidiary. Gun toting Mexican soldiers allegedly enter US soil surrounding couple in New Mexico. Woman uses cell phone GPS app to convince sodados excuse me, they are looking for gun runners drug mules on the wrong side of the border. El Paso, Texas reported on this A heavily armed eighteen man Mexican Army patrol allegedly crossed into the US soil this week surrounded two Americans exploring a trail in the booth field of New Mexico. Booth field. I don't know if that's a geographical description or if that's like a region of New Mexico. Booth heel, boot heel. That's boot heel, the boot heel of New Mexico. Good God, Almighty, this is gonna be a phone. Abby Carpenter and James Holman used a camera and a cell phone to record the Monday encounter south of Hashida, New Mexico, and shared photos and videos with Border Report. The two members of the Battalion Search and Rescue, a group of volunteers that look for lost migrants in the southern New Mexico Desert, said these soldiers thought they were still in Mexico until shown a GPS locator map proving otherwise. Now, like, listen, when I was in the Marines, I was a shit bag. I'll be the first to acknowledge this. When we did land nap courses. Yes I can use my protractor and my compass. Yes I can plot my grids and shoot a asthmyth. But you know what's easier than that? Carrying your cell phone and using GPS to show that one hundred and fifty seven satellites tell me that I'm at the right Latin law courdin It's right now. That's so much easier. So here telling me that none of these Mexican soldiers had their cell phones on them and didn't realize that they had crossed the border. That's pretty crazy, but I you know, I guess this is an imperfect world. A lot of accidents can happen. Eighteen eighteen of these dudes couldn't check their phone to realize, like, oh bro, we're a little too far north, but okay, okay, whatever, she says. I never felt threatened. When I got nervous. I got nervous was when I showed them that they were in the United States and had my phone out and they were documenting that they were where they shouldn't be. Yeah, this girl does not know how to speak English. Carpenter said, That's when I got nervous, like, oh, we shouldn't have our phones out taking pictures of them in US soil. Yeah, that okay. It makes sense that that's the type of girls that looks for lost illegal aliens. She probably didn't go to school for very long. One of the video shows a Mexican Army truck approaching the pair's vehicles and soldiers getting off and approaching carrying rifles. A photograph shows a white Mexican National Guard pickup with soldiers keeping watch of their surroundings. So, yeah, these are the trucks. Homeboys just rolled on up. And it's not even like they're plotting a course, they're not out here he compasses. They're not doing a little land a of course, they're out there patrolling and just missed the border. Just just drove straight on through a hole in the fence somewhere I guess. Holman said the soldiers told him they were looking for drug traffickers and gun runners and asked him what he was doing in Mexico. Holman said he and Carpenter earlier had seen two shot up vehicles with Mexican license plate at another trail near the Mexican border. Carpenter said she showed the soldiers through a locator app on her phone that they were not in Mexico, but we're in the US. The soldiers turn their vehicles around it headed back south. Yeah. Yeah, we were like, haha, take a picture with me, blah blah. But that's because we knew we were in the US. If we had encountered them in Mexico, it would have been a whole different thing, Holman said, threatened, I would say that just because of our American thinking being on US soil. Nervous. Yeah, bro, we were definitely nervous. Jesus Christ liberals are yeah, okay, Sameway anyway, anyway, not a dog on the couple. But yeah, So Mexican soldiers just so happened to accidentally meander themselves into the US and it's no big deal. International crisis was averted. Nobody was harmed, no equipment was damaged. It's all good, It's all good. But I still I question, right. I know that, like a lot of military members in Mexico end up working for the car tells because they pay better and they have better weapons and they live better. And I get that one hundred percent get that, But like, is this the level of mental capacity that is currently operating in the Mexican Army?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Like, you know, if I was to be patrolling, even in the United States, and I had made my way into another state, I'm pretty sure I could tell that, you know, pretty easily. These dudes apparently had no idea they were in a whole other sovereign nation. Tony, please step in, brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just speculate maybe they were looking for some cartel members who hang out right in that border region. But if something like this were to happen, they would deny it and just say, oh, sorry, we didn't realize we were over here. That's what I would do if I were in their situation. And I think intelligence agencies work like that all the time. They're constantly going to the you know, overstepping a border and going oops, I didn't mean to. And this happens, especially often at sea, especially near the straight of Horror moves. You always hear oh, such and such ship was, you know, allegedly three hundred feet on the wrong side of the line somewhere, and I run says you shouldn't be here, and then the US says no, that the line's in a different place. So stuff like this happens all the time.
Speaker 1: And like I said, it was no harm, no foul, right, it was no big deal, no need for some air national crisis or anything like that. But dude, their response to the couple was what are you doing in Mexico? And they're like, bro, what like that? That's that's embarrassing, honestly, And I agree with you. There probably on the trail of a group or following a lead somewhere and just didn't realize they had wandered that far. But like, still, that's that's a bit of a it's a big shwing and a miss for the for the Mexican Army.
Speaker 4: But I speculated that's part of their part of the way they would try to come off as sincere as possible by initiating the claim that you're in Mexico right now and then going oh, oops, man, we really didn't know. Sorry, Yeah, that just makes it sound a little more incredible. Yeah, I think it's plausible they would take a line like that.
Speaker 1: I could see that, and that's what I'm saying, Like, as soon as they realize that they were in America, like, there's a way to like play that off, you know, play a little play a little game of words and be like, oh, yeah, we're waiting on our American liaison to meet us here. My mistake, I misspoke, Like, there's a way. No, they looked at the app and was like, oh and I teled it back, so like, yeah, it's all good. It's all good, but a little bit of a oopsie daisy there before I continue reading, Let's go check out the chat here. That's a British Columbia. No, it wasn't BC Manitoba, that's the one. So it's Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. They apparently all three want to secede and become a part of the United States. I'm here for it, honestly, that would be dope. Our boy Royce has showing us some of his industrial artwork of these industrial manoras, which bro that Honkah is gonna go hard, Like I don't know if there's music all owed to he played during Honkah, but with these things that better be industrial metal, Jewish music, the metal clarinet going ham dude, that fantastic. I think that should be a thing, right, let's see nerdy. Yeah, for sure, for sure, Oregon wants to cut in half to Yeah, Raven, I remember you telling me about this a while back. Oregon wants to cut in half and basically separate East from West to become two different states for voting principles. I support that one hundred percent because if I'm not mistaken, West Oregon is like the liberal extremists that are like missing portions of their brain, and Eastern Oregon is like the lumber you know, the loggers, the working hands, the farmers, these these types of people, good folk, good decent folk.
Speaker 3: They if you actually watched like the map during the election, they you can see where the hubs are, like there's not a lot of red actually, like during the election.
Speaker 5: It's just that they own the big cities.
Speaker 3: So Eugene and Portland have the most population, and those happen to be the most liberal hot spots, and so there was a proposal and they passed it along. So I'm not really sure where it's at now, but it's been a few years.
Speaker 5: Like COVID is when it really kicked off.
Speaker 3: But pretty much they want to go down the Cascades and take half of Oregon and pretty much make it into Idaho, make Idaho bigger so they get more electrical votes and then that way they can actually change kind of what's going on. But there is a lot of people that are Republican or mostly in the middle kind of like you know, not either side. But then if you go into like Portland or Eugene, it's you know, it's the crazies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big cities on mass just seem to be very bloom even in Texas like Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, very big hub of liberal screaming heads, even though Texas itself is like a red state, And like, I get that one hundred percent, although I feel like, like you said, it'd be more centrists as far as your average Oregonian goes, even the ones that I'm sure there's pockets of like far right minded people in Oregon for sure. I would think, especially these days, that the majority would call themselves centrist, left of center, right of center, but overall centrist as a whole. But would it be wiser for them to become a part of Idaho or to just become their own state.
Speaker 3: You know, it would be better if they got if they went into Idaho, I said, I said read with the Democrats earlier.
Speaker 5: My brain's kind of not working.
Speaker 3: You know, they would be better if they went in because that way they would get more votes towards the Republican Party.
Speaker 5: And they like did a whole bunch of stuff about it.
Speaker 3: There's like articles about it that you can read and how it like shift the tides and all this stuff, and so it be. It would be one of those scenes where like each place would get their own set of votes, but they would like pretty much be absorbed into Idaho itself.
Speaker 1: Gotcha.
Speaker 5: I don't know what they would call it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they would just expand it and say this is Idaho or what. But there's been it has past bills to happen. I don't know where it's at now, but it'd be nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've heard of this too. They would call it Greater Idaho. That's what the movement is called right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's what I thought. I was like something, Yeah, Greater Idaho.
Speaker 1: Not to one up names or anything. There's Idaho and then there's Greater Idaho. Like yeah, I'll bet the Oregonians would say some shit anyway.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Yeah, let's keep going on this. As of July last year, thirteen counties in Oregon had approved ballot measures in favor Greater Idaho. Baker Cook, Grant, Parney, Jefferson, Klamath, Lake Malure. You might remember there was something called the Mallure Wildlife Refuge where a bunch of right wingers took over a building back about five or ten years ago. It was related to the Bundy standoff. Yeah, so they're part of this too.
Speaker 1: Okay. Now, are those like the sovereign citizen types or those just like second you know two AA, like I want to say extremists, but like per the letter of the law, two way supporter type people, because especially whenever we're talking about like a standoff or like them taking over a building or a county or something like that can get really dangerous and slippery slope as far as that goes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one guy died in that thing. I think they might have been sovereign citizens. I don't remember that word or that term coming up. Yeah, the Bundy standoff was a year before that, and nobody died in that one, and Bundy got his cows back or his land back. Yeah, like ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Was that Montana?
Speaker 4: I think it was Nevada.
Speaker 1: Ah, yeah, that was that was an interesting one. That wasn't even sovereign citizen movement. That was straight up a farmer that was getting screwed over by the government and all of the farmers decided like, nah, we draw the line here, and they showed up like trigger fingers ready and the Feds had to step down, which was beautiful, I might add, yeah, go ahead, zombie.
Speaker 3: So I was just thinking about like the boats and stuff. So Oregon does the mail in ballot still, And what's interesting is, like the a lot of people that are Republican, they took a long time getting their ballots this year and they were having like a lot of trouble or last year, excuse me, they had a lot of trouble getting their stuff.
Speaker 5: But Oregon likes to hide in the literature, Like the very.
Speaker 3: Last line of like all those PaperWorks that you have to read, they'll add in like extra taxes and stuff, and they'll give money away to like liberal ideology programs inside supposed to just like you know, hey, we're trying to help out our people.
Speaker 5: My mom has read me a whole bunch of them, and it's.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, all of this sounds great until the very last line of this fifteen page thing that you just read. So I found that to be really interesting because like, even their news is completely different from our news, Like we've watched it at the same time, my mom and me, and their news is projecting a liberal mindset of like you know, fear mongoling and all that, while our news is completely different and speaking on the same topics, but totally different.
Speaker 5: And I've tried to explain it to other people and they're like, no, it's not.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, really, we've we've watched it at the same time and watched exactly what was being said, and it's it's definitely more of pushing those ideologies up there and like skewing what's actually happening, and people just a lot of people buy into it.
Speaker 1: I could see that, honestly, And yeah, we make that. We talk about that a lot with what goes on in DC, right some bill is trying to get past. It's like three hundred pages long with like nine thousand different things within it, and if you disagree with one of the nine thousand, then you negate the other things, and this, that and the other. But I mean that definitely happens on the state and local level as well, So I fully believe that one hundred percent. I hope that Oregon does split. And if they do join Idaho, that kind of makes me happy because Idaho would then look like a double headed act and or Muleneer, which I think is cool. That makes me happy. On the other side of Oregon splits into two separate states, that also makes me happy because that's more electoral College votes towards the presidency when the time comes, and you know, but that would be that would be a swing state at that point that could you know, those things can go either way, but who knows, who knows what the future holds. We'll keep everybody posted on the things and the stuff as time goes on. But now getting back to the American news in general, this isn't necessarily world or geopolitical news, but this makes me happy because as a Marine Corps veteran, I like when Marines get new tech things, we typically get the worst equipment handed down to us, so we have to buy it second hand off of the Air Force or the Navy, or the Army, or whatever the case is. But apparently the Marines are getting their first high power microwave weapon for taking down drone swarms. I've heard the joke be made a few times that, like, yes, this device is able to take down like one hundred drones at once, and that's sick. But don't get mad when the Marines try to eat them after the fact. We cannot control that. Okay, that's just gonna be a part of it. We're gonna try to eat them or impregnate them. Something bad is gonna happen to the drones want to hit the ground. Okay, that's what Marines do. But again, I like it. I like it. We're getting new shit. The US Marine Corps has taken delivery of the Expeditionary Directed Energy Counter Swarm or x DEX weapon. It's maker, Epirus, announced today that to coincide with the Modern Day Marine Conference in Washington, DC, x DECKS will allow the Corps to start experiments with high power microwave technology in the increasingly critical low altitude air defense role. This kind of counter drone system is increasingly seen as a critical air enforced protection and something that is urgently needed to hants current and future ground based air defense capabilities. So, long story short, they're wanting to use this for like amphib assaults, which is what that's like supposed to be the Marines bread and butter. It's not necessarily, but we do have that capability more than the other branches. It's not like an arguable point. That's kind of the name of the game. And they're essentially saying that when the Amphibs roll up, instead of having drones trying to shoot them down and have a modern day Beaches of Normandy situation, bro, you could have a few of these on the amphib crafts themselves and or on the ship that they launched from and just knock out the entire swoon of droms, of entire swarm of drones, excuse me, with directed energy blasts. I love this. I love this. The XX is a derivative of the Leonidas HPM energy based counter drone system developed by Appiis, whose products we will revisit soon in a very in depth story. The company delivered its first x DEX system to the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dalgren Division in Virginia earlier this year, where it completed government acceptance testing ahead of planned test program. Now, little R two fu over here, right. I like this guy. He looks like he's ready to ruin somebody's day. You know. It's kind of innocuous looking, looking like a whole electrical box, if you will, very angry electrical box. The Mobile Solid State HPM system has been developed as part of a contract awarded by the US Naval Office of Naval Research ONR in September twenty twenty four. The ONR awarded appeirs an additional follow on contract to support further testing and evaluation of the system as part of the preliminary evaluation of ground based anti swarm UAS system's Pegasus program. This is a direct quote here. It says drome warfare is changing the fight. Fast systems like x DEX gives a marine a decisive advantage by neutralizing multiple electronic threats at once with a single system, what we call a one too mini capability. That's Andy Lowry, the CEO of appearance. This delivery is a critical step towards fielding non kinetic counterswarm solutions that enhance the mobility, survivability, and lethality of our marine forces. So they did just develop a shotgun specifically for shooting down drones and in basic training now they are starting to introduce skeet shooting as a portion of the weapons qualifications. Not in all branches. Not in all branches. As a matter of fact, the United States Air Force is trying to take away all weapons qualifications from their basic training currently as we speak. The argument here is that unless you are in an MP role military police role, or a specops role or pj's or something like that, you, as an Air forceman airmen excuse me, are never going to hold a weapon. So they see it as a unnecessary expense to have weapons and AMMO and all these things go it to basic training in the Air Force when most airmen never touch a weapon. Now, I personally don't like that, although I will say the jokes right themselves, I are grunt. I don't understand how and why you would be in the military without using weapons, or at least qualifying with them on a regular basis. I don't. I don't understand that, right, same time. As I say that, Yo, I want to know what weapons the Space Force is currently qualifying with at basic training. And I'm sure they're going to be the US, the the IR, the six I get it, I get it. I want there to be ray guns or like you know, it was the rail guns they got, they got the electric rifles. I want that. Let the Space Force recruits trainees, Cadre, whatever the hell they're calling their trainee people, let them train with some advanced weapons. I'm here for that smoke, right, But the Air Force High Command is now saying that they just want to remove pretty much all weapons training from their entire boot camp line. You'll get the weapons training once you get to MP school or a pj's school or whatever specop school. Meanwhile, while the Air Force is trying to disarm themselves, the Marines are getting new energy weapons to fight drone swarms. This is a crazy time, y'all. Like I cannot express in words the wildness that this actually is. Out loud Ravens, please speak on it.
Speaker 3: I well, this doesn't surprise me that the little Chair Force wants to take weapons away because they're pansies.
Speaker 1: I get it, But.
Speaker 5: Is there some Is there an Air Force person in there.
Speaker 1: A resident Jewish correspondent is an airman.
Speaker 2: Oh well, now I.
Speaker 5: Just know we actually want to talk shit.
Speaker 1: Ye fantastic, I'll tell you keeps getting stack harder against you. Royce.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, yeah, you're jus and godless gross.
Speaker 1: I'm joking, no, but uh, I think it's really interesting.
Speaker 3: I wonder what type of like if they're gonna make its own MOS or if they're gonna like have like who's gonna be is calm gonna be in charge of like teaching.
Speaker 5: This to people?
Speaker 3: Like I'm I'm wondering because like because we did you know, we do satellites and we do all of that stuff, so and it's mixed with intel. So I'm wondering, like who would actually be teaching this and like which MOS would be in charge of this?
Speaker 1: So and I don't know. The article really doesn't break that portion down. But so the way the modern Marine Corps infantry squad is comprised, it acts, actually it actually infuriates me. It makes me upset, Okay, And I know people are gonna have a little bit of flat towards this for whatever reason. So the Marine Corps that I served in Okay, there was a twelve man rifle squad and that was what that was. And yes, I understand situation dictates and like there's things and there's stuff and whatever, but they have because of the draw down and because of the peacetime military, they basically now have it to where if you're a squad leader, you're a sergeant, if you're a team leader, you're a corporal for anybody. And this is not gonna go into the the finer points of this, but let me just break this down. A fire team is a four man group. Okay. You used to have a point man, a team leader, a squad automatic weapon operator, and an a gunner. Okay, these were your four dudes. And sometimes your point man would be your team leader and you'd have a another rifleman in the mix or something along those lines. Fine, depended, right, Every team would have a two zero three, which is that forty milimeter grenade launcher that'd be attached to the bottom of a weapon. Okay, then they came out with the M thirty two M, which is that six cylinder of grenade launcher, and like you would have one of those, a grenade launcher of some type per fire team Now, when I had a team, I preferred to have the grenade launcher on my weapons system, and I also preferred to have a mag strictly full of tracer rounds to where I could direct fire from my team. If I wanted them to, you know, focus more fire towards the left towards the right, I would drop that REDMG in and just clack clock clock and they could follow the tracers and adjust fire. I also was really good with the forty mic mic, so I liked having that on me. That's just me. Every team is different. If you had a guy in your team that was like a gangster with a with a grenade launcher, you would make sure he has it right anyway anyway, So you would have three teams and a squad. Okay, that would make twelve dudes, and then you would have a there'll be a thirteenth guy. Sometimes a squad leader would also be first team leader. That it's whatever situation dictates. But the squad leader's job wasn't necessarily to do the fighting. It was to direct his fire teams to do maneuvers and close with the enemy. That was the entire goal. On top of that, you would have a platoon leader right now, that yeah, a guide on't usually a platoon sergeant, right, that's your guy. The title platoon sergeant would indicate that it was a sergeant rank, and typically it was. Right. They now have it to where to be a platoon sergeant you must be a staff sergeant, and they're getting to a point to where they don't want you to be a squad leader unless you're a staff sergeant. Now in the Army this makes more sense because they have more money, they have more bodies, they have more logistics, more numbers, and so it like, okay, you could make that happen because achieving the rank of a corporal or an E four I should say specialist in the Army, that's like a time and grade type of situation. That is not the case in the Marine Corps. We are smaller brands with less money, less funding, less advancement opportunities, so you have to fight and claw your way to whatever you earn. Right, they do give it out in some of the pogue moss and I don't mean that term with hatred. I don't. I used to say these things derogatorily. I do not. But my point is the pogues being positions other than grunts. By the way, like your admin, your supply, your comms. It would be easier for you to achieve corporal or sergeant in these ranks rather than or this MOS, rather than in the infantry. Because the infantry is the largest group in the Marine Corps, which means that there is you would think it's larger, there's more money to go around, not the way the Marine Corps does their infantry tax. But anyway, anyway, neither here nor there. So now now instead of having that type of squad, you have a thirteen man squad. And I'm not going to break down the finer points of it because it pisses me off. Honestly, every marine now has an iar, which is a way too heavy, fully automatic five to five six weapon. There's no belt feds. They have taken away the saw. They've taken away the belt fed machine guns, which hurts my soul. Okay, the saw was my baby. I loved her. She was a whore would she was not a good one, but she was also a road dog. Neither here nor there, but that being said, every single one of them now has a fully automatic weapon. So now rather than having a machine gunner, that would be good for laying down suppressive fire so the rest of your team or the rest of your squad could maneuver and close with the enemy. You now have to teach an entire group of nineteen year olds to have trigger discipline and not dump their load instantly and run out of ammunition too soon. That's a lot harder than people want to give it credit for. But neither here nor there, right, We're gonna move on on that. One. One of the marines in this squad is known as the tech marine. His job is to carry drones and a tablet and a computer and GPS and all the batteries, and that's his whole job is to shoot could be tech and no, no, I know what you're about to ask, Raven. This is an O three to MS. He is an infantry marine who is tasked out with being the tech marine for the squad. Comm dogs are still there, well, you know all the things. But this guy's whole job is to just carry the new age tech that goes with the modern Marine Corps squad.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what to say about that.
Speaker 1: It hurt me.
Speaker 3: I'm so confused because it would make sense for like a com marine to carry it because we have the satphones have, we carry everything, we have incinerio your needs, we carry the keys. Like I mean, I don't understand why. I mean, unless it's just so much extra work that they need two people, because it makes sense because you'd be on calm and you'd need to have eyes on the drone and be able to communicate.
Speaker 5: I guess, Like, I mean, I could see how they would need it.
Speaker 3: But that's interesting that that's like a whole new MOS.
Speaker 1: It's it's not even a new MOS. It's not even like a b billet the same way that like you'd have an three eleven that's carrying the saw even though yes you have a machine gun or MOS, but those types of machine guns that usually be like mounted, right that that'd be like the Mark nineteens or the well I would say the two forties, but I know plenty of elevens have got some time in on the two forties, but neither here nor there like the fifties. Right, the mall deuce you do you'd have the machine gun or mos. Is the thirty ones that would have that. These are elevens basic infantry riflemans, and one of them is going to be designated as the tech guy. And that's been going on for a few years now. Now, this was also before drones were used as heavily on the battlefield like we see fielded in Ukraine. So this is this was done before it was understood that drones are the real life boogeyman of the battlefield. It's no longer IED's, although they're still there too, it's not even like that. By the time you hear the drone flying overhead, he's probably already dropped his load and you have a mortar that's about to hit you in the next half second. That's from all the combat footage I see from going on in Ukraine. That seems to be the going standard of the day. But again, we could talk about that all day now. Who is going to be operating this the X Did I mispronounced that just now? The the X dex Excuse me. I don't think it's going to be a comerine. If I had to guess, it'd be probably something as far as like maybe I don't think arties. I don't think arties. Maybe the radar guys, maybe the calm dogs. I don't see why they would. And at this point it's just another certification, but they would only it's not like you just fire this thing. It deploys whenever it sees a threat. So it's kind of like the failing system on naval ships, the R two FU right, the thing that can fire like three thousand rounds a minute, and it's like a lead curtain that anything gets close enough to the boats. It's like that for amphib craft. And all it does is just send out a invisible, silent pulse energy wave to knock out. It was tested Nick successfully knocked out all one hundred out of one hundred drones that were swarming a target, like completely incapacitate them and fry their circuits. So again, I like the x DEX. I hope that we keep it. I hope the Marines get to use it. You know, I'm not saying I'm trying to be a warmonger here, but like, if we're gonna do it, then let's let's just match fire with fire. They're using drones. We have the thing that kills drones. I like this, But that also being said, I said earlier that they are talking about bringing skeet shooting into basic training. Now, the Navy does shotgun train in basic right. If you ever see the Navy's ribbon stacks, you'll see like the three blue ribbons at the bottom, and they'll have like a letter signifier on it. That's like their marksmanship badges, like we got so you. One of them's for pistol, one of them is for I think the M four, and one of them is for shotgun. At one point in time, they were talking about removing weapons training from naval boot camp as well, because most of the guys on a ship are not carrying a weapon because if the enemy has bordered your boat, so many things have gone wrong at that point that like, what good is shotgun's gonna do? That's that's the mindset to it. Now that was shut down because the Navy, for all of their things, I know, all the jokes, haha, but but they liked a gun. They liked a gun. The Air Force is saying that they would like to no longer gun because it is a unnecessary expenditure. So that being said, the Army and the Marine Corps is talking about introducing drone style skeet shooting and basic training because what has been shown in Ukraine and Russia is that shotguns, oddly enough, do pretty well at drone deterrence, and they have already developed a couple of new shotgun rounds that are you know what a bolo is For anybody who doesn't know, it's like think of the Australian hunting thing that's got like three balls and it's all connected by ropes and you sling it over your head and you sling it out of an animal and it like wraps around their ankles and trips them. This shotgun shell is essentially three weights connected by steel cables that fans out and bolow's a drone and they have that in twelve gage. So they're talking about introducing this more at Marine Corps and Army boot camp and I support this, I really do. I like that. That makes me happy. But the battlefield is changing drastically more and more every day. I'm very happy to see that the Marine Corps is changing with it. Okay, so before I go to the next article, let's check out the chat here. How did they get into America that far? You know, I don't know with the Mexican Army stepping into American soil that far, I don't know how they accidentally went that far north without ever realizing Yeah, there's holes in the fence. I get that the hole in the fence was so big and so wide that the Mexican military couldn't acknowledge that it was there. I have a hard time believing it. But again, I've never I've never seen the entire expanse of the of the border. I don't know how secure it actually is. I know we've have issues towards that regard, and that's why Trump is trying so hard to build a better wall, and he was trying in his first term. And like, I don't know, I don't know, maybe that was a section that Biden sold I could be Let's see, these areas have a lot of empty space, and Haikita has something like one hundred people and is about ten miles from the border. Yeah, it's one of those small desert towns that like is barely a town. I feel that. So I bet there was no street signs anywhere where this encounter took place. Ever been in Nevada or New Mexico or other desert places. Lots of empty flat area with no signs. Yeah. The only time I've really spent in the Western desert would be when I was in Yuma, Arizona at the Marine Corps air station there. Now to that point, that's pretty close to the border. A lot of wide open desert, a lot of wide open desert. And I still stand by the statement that was the best Mexican food I've ever had in my life. I'm sure there's better to my experiences currently today, that was the best I've ever had. All Right, let's see here another heavy metal minora. I dig it, I dig it, let's see. Might as well share my art to just for the hell of it while I'm drugged up. Yeah, Alex, how are you doing after your surgery? How did everything go?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: I was praying for you. I hope that everything's good and that you have a fast recovery. Bacon pieces, oh Jesus.
Speaker 6: Christ hospital for at least the next two days.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was it? Surgery successful? I don't want to like overly.
Speaker 6: Share you think so. Yeah, I'm not sure the doctors are saying.
Speaker 1: A lot okay? Is that typically the type of surgery that it's like, well, wait and see kind of game or no news is good news.
Speaker 6: That's just how up mc its eat or drink anything yet. So it's just waiting until two days from now pretty much got you.
Speaker 1: Well, you are going to stay in my prayers and I hope that do you have a speedy recovery and that you're back in action as soon as possible. Man, So thank you.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: You Alex. Let's see here, Merlin, what up nerds do? Piece suns all the way around Ice nine Kills?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: I do love Ice nine Kills. I do love their music. That one album where they basically just made a whole horror album. And then they did one where it was all about Disney because Disney made a rule where they couldn't perform at House of Blues, I think because the one in particular was owned by Disney. So they made a whole album giving the middle finger to Disney. That makes me happy anyway. Let's see here. My body is a machine where here's my Sarah Connor. Ah, I dig it. I still have a hard time, don't. I still have a hard time not dumping my load and wasting all my ammo? Okay, Merlin, I feel that I do. And you know they say that as soon as you get in your first firefight, you get tunnel vision in and all of your training goes out the window and it takes you a while to adapt to the environment. I get that, I do. I am just still of the belief that we should not have the entire squad full of automatic weapons, especially if your marines are only going out on patrol with six to eight mags max. And like, I've talked to other branches about this, and they think that's crazy. Like you're only going out with like eight mags. What happens if you run out? I'm like, then you're out and you have to call for a resupply or you have to like conserve your AMMO, and like maybe you have a couple more boxes in your bag or something, but like you don't just dump. And like that's the thing fire superiority that in and of itself is a statement or a sentiment that different branches believe different things about. Some branches believe that that means that you're putting more lead down range than they are at you. Marines think that this means that you're getting accurate effects on target, meaning that their head is staying down and it doesn't necessarily mean you're getting a kill for every shot. But it's not clock cock cock cock cock cock. I'm reloading clock cock cock cock cock cock like bro, no, stop all that foolishness. Anyway, Anyway, I'm sure that was an inn window. But still with that being said, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Merlin, and for sure was an inn window. Okay, another one that got me six kids?
Speaker 1: You have six kids?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I have four boys and two girls.
Speaker 1: Damn it.
Speaker 2: It is a fourteen and nine.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, four baby mamas will do that to you.
Speaker 1: Heard that hurt? Right, babe? Five years my boy?
Speaker 2: All right, that work done, son.
Speaker 1: You got it done? Yeah, I promise your child support hurts.
Speaker 2: Oh it does. I'm a fabricator. I'm a fabrication welder.
Speaker 7: I make pretty good money and uh I only take home about five hundred every week.
Speaker 1: Mmmm. But but did you make that good money when you was h reproducing in this manner? No, so your child support is based off the income you made at the time.
Speaker 2: Nope, they keep every time I get a new job, they readjust it.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, my baby mom too.
Speaker 7: Of my baby mama's are really good about every time I get a raised, just knowing it.
Speaker 2: And so they'll be like, hey, we need to readjust this. So I'm like, no, you don't. You can leave that alone. Please, damn.
Speaker 1: I feel for you in my heart and in my soul. Merlin.
Speaker 2: Good, I did the job.
Speaker 1: I do the time, right, you know what I mean, I'd be like that, but I mean you also seem like the type that's a pretty active father, So I don't do the ship bag that like never sees your kids either.
Speaker 7: So especially me and two of my sons start streaming together on video games.
Speaker 1: Oh that's like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty.
Speaker 7: Fun because there's that whole father son dynamic while playing video games, Like they'll try to talk.
Speaker 2: Shit to me. I'm like, you know, I know where you sleep, right.
Speaker 1: Yo, you're like screaming and like putting it out as content. Yeah, dude, where at plug the shit.
Speaker 2: It's Magical Musician five on TikTok and YouTube.
Speaker 1: Magical Musician five. Everybody listening, please go check him out. Give them the follows, the subscribes, all the things, all the stuff. Absolutely Merlin. Hell yeah dude, Okay, we're back in the chat over here. Still have a hard time.
Speaker 8: One thing, did you hear the ambuls coming out with AI that helps soldiers in the field.
Speaker 1: It doesn't shock me that it sounds.
Speaker 2: It sounds awesome.
Speaker 8: The way they put it, because like say you got recon on top of the hill, what he is seeing is what the guys down in the town we'll see too, Like if there's an enemy behind a corner two blocks down, the guy who is two blocks away from that, we'll see like through the wall, be.
Speaker 2: Able to see the objective.
Speaker 1: So to say, I know that AI has that capability of being amazing and to be used as a tool to help us. I fully get that, Man, I still just don't trust it to my core. If we're gonna use it, then let's use it to protect our guys on the front lines. For one hundred percent with you, dude, it's a slippery slope. It is such a.
Speaker 7: Really, it really is. But if they limit it, I feel like it could save so many lives.
Speaker 1: And as much hatred as I give to AI, I don't know for one hundred percent certainty that there is no way to limit it. I don't know, Like I think that there's probably like, yeah, we give it another ten years and it will be limitless. I don't know that for a fact. There may be safeties and things that could be put into it to prevent it from taking over the world. In the worst case scenario. I'm sure that that's a thing. But man, if it's got electricity to it, that means it's hackable. And that's my one problem with it. Could you imagine if the do O d's AI systems were hacked by character Like it's at that point we just handed over our entire defense structure on a silver platter to whoever.
Speaker 2: Drones, aircraft, all of it. Yep.
Speaker 1: I see it with a lot of potential for great things in the future. I just boil boy. I have a hard time trusting it. I still call myself new Ajamish. I draw the line of electricity. I'll draw the line, yeah, man, And I mean to be honest with you. I've even had that conversation before. Like, dude, maybe the Amish had it right. Electricity only leads to evil and like out loud, that's stupid. Right. We have lights, and we have this. We also have the Internet, and that's led to a whole lot of dark, dark dark places, the dark way even and all these things. And it's like, you know, I like my air conditioning. But maybe the Amish weren't too far off base. I don't know, and I should on them a good bit too, But like I hope people tough.
Speaker 2: Let's play with the Amish guy.
Speaker 1: No, no, but they're a different type of strong dude. Yeah yeah, But like I hope people understand it's jokes, you know, the same way I should on the Mountain Jews. It's jokes. The Mormons are fine. You know. I may disagree with the way they live their lives, but I don't have hatred towards them. You know, I don't have hatred towards the Amish or the Gypsies, because that's good God. For a while there, I was just pretty much talking about how the Gypsies were trying to take over the world, and I may I might continue that bit. It's funny enough, but I didn't realize it would actually piss off real Gypsies because, like I thought they didn't care about that type of shit. I thought that they could take a joke. But apparently people mistake the Internet for a dick and they decide they want to take it too hard. I guess, I don't know. Let's see here, moving on into the chat. Just followed your TikTok. Hell yeah, hell yeah, Raven, Everybody go check him out on TikTok. Let's let's keep this community supporting itself, you know, all right now going back to sharing the screen again now as we're still talking about the US and military things. The US is from ABC News, by the way, strikes on a yemen Y Yemeni fuck Yemen oil reserves okay a port, killing seventy four people. The Houthi say it's the deadliest attack of Trump campaign. This is from Dubai, the United Arab Emirates. The US airstrikes targeting an oil port near Yemen's Hoothy Rebels killed seventy four people and wounded one hundred and seventy one others, the group said Friday, in the deadliest known attack under President Donald Trump's new military campaign against the Iranian back faction. The strike on ras Isa Port, which sent massive fireball shooting into the night sky, represented a major escalation in the American effort by hitting oil facilities for the first time. Assessing the toll of Trump's campaign, which began March fifteenth, has been difficult, as the US Military Center Command hasn't released any information including its attacks, targets, and how many people have been killed. The Hoothis, meanwhile, strictly control access to attacked areas and don't publish complete information on the strikes, many of which likely have targeted military and security sites. Well, I mean, that's not a shocker. Of course, the Houthies, you're not going to tell us how successful the attack was. They're going to a skew the numbers, of course, right. In a statement, Central Command said US forces took action to eliminate this source of fuel for the Iran backs Hoothy terrorists and deprive them of illegal revenue that has funded hoo the efforts to terrorize the entire region for over ten years. This strike was not intended to harm the people of Yemen, who rightly want to throw off the yoke of Hoothy subjugation and live peacefully. It added. It did not acknowledge any casualties from the attack or offer any damage assessment. Hours after the strike that Houthi's launched a missile towards Israel that was intercepted. Obviously, the Israeli military said sirens sounded in Tel Aviv and elsewhere. Yemen civil war mean while further internationalized as the US allegations and Chinese satellite company was directly supporting Hoo, they attacks, they claim Beijing declined to directly comment on, and a second round of negotiations between Iran and the US over Tehran's rapidly advancing nuclear programs, which America has linked to the Yemen campaign, is due to happen Saturday in Rome. So as far as the whole Iran nuclear situation goes, I don't know what the current talking point is because I don't know if they've actually reached an agreement. The last I heard was that Iran was willing to negotiate and said that they wouldn't enrich the uranium past and it was like sixty percent or sixty five percent something like that to where essentially, And I'm not like an all knower of nuclear things, Tony, you actually know more about this than I probably ever will. But if I'm not mistaken, uranium that is enriched to sixty or sixty five percent or something can't be deemed weapons grade. It can be used for nuclear power, however, which is like what this whole thing was about. Iran wants nuclear power, dope, Iran wants nukes. Yeah, we gotta shut that shit down. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Right if I can chime in Iran has had nuclear power for a couple of decades now. You only need about three percent enriched uranium to have nuclear power. And to get into the nitty gritty details of this, what that means is that uranium basically comes out out of the Earth and two isotopes. One is two thirty five, which is more unstable than the other is two thirty eight. Two thirty eight is ninety nine point three percent of what's naturally abundant, and two thirty five is only zero point seven percent of it. But you can use a centerfuge to purify it and get the two thirty five percentage up higher and higher and higher. And the most pure two thirty five stuff ever made was ninety seven percent pure, and the threshold for a nuclear weapon is something like sixty percent. Maybe I don't know, but something like what you were saying. There's also medical uses for twenty percent enriched uranium, and you only need about three percent to run a nuclear reactor, and going down lower than zero point seven percent, the byproduct of enrichment is called depleted uranium, and it's about zero point two percent U two thirty five, and that's the super heavy stuff used in weapons. But it's still somewhat radioactive. So that's kind of the whole story on uranium. And we could talk about thorium too. Thorium is a similar it's element number ninety uranium's number ninety two. In China just built a thorium reactor kind of recently, and that was in the news that I meant to bring up later. We could do that later. My whole take on who Thy's and stuff is, well, I'm not super against them, and I think Israel should end it's blockade of Gaza because the World Food Program had a bunch of has warehouses of flower in Gaza and they just ran out of flower, just ran out of all their food a little earlier this week. So food prices are going way up and people are going to starve if nothing changes. So I've been praying for the people at Gaza, but it seems like there's a good chance that huge numbers of them are going to die soon and there's nothing we can do about it.
Speaker 1: So the Israel situation is the Israe situation, no doubts. But why are you not necessarily against the Huthis? They have shot at American ships multiple times now? Of course, it hasn't landed because they obviously and I've seen like how far they were from hitting the ships, like they literally couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. But why are you not against the Houthi rebels.
Speaker 4: Well, they're acting on behalf of the Gazans, and Israel's shut down trade to Gaza. So the Houthy response is kind of a tit for tat. It's just saying that you're going to shut down trade to this place. Well, We're going to shut down trade to that place. It's basically the same thing.
Speaker 1: But are they supporting Gaza? Are they supporting Iran?
Speaker 4: Mostly Gaza? In my opinion, most.
Speaker 1: Of their weapons have come from Iran? How can that be? Yeah, I understand like what they say. They say they're doing this in solidarity with their Muslim brothers in Gaza. I get the narrative, But most of what they have done has come from Iran. So the missiles they've shot at American ships, as a matter of fact, have come from Iran.
Speaker 4: Right, I guess that's just the way the geopolitics has lined up. They weren't initially on Iran's side fifteen or back in twenty fifteen. Iran told them not to take over the capital, and they did anyway, And I guess sometime between then and now they've become more tight with Iran because they have no other allies in the world, and that's just kind of the way it's shaken out. But I don't really have much against Iran or the Houthies.
Speaker 1: Well that's another one of those things where I think you and I kind of differ on opinions. But I mean, it's not like the people of Yemen are ever going to actually attack the US mainland. I don't want them to attack US ships. If you have an issue with Israel, have an issue with Israel, stop trying to touch America's boats and speaking on that. As a matter of fact, I didn't pull up an article on this one because there was really wasn't a need for one. But we lost another F eighteen, and for a crazy hot second there the conversation about bombing the absolute hell out of the hoo Thies came into conversation, but it it's it wasn't that apparently, So this would make three that we've lost in the last like two months. The first two were shot down by American missiles from an American boat because they somehow didn't see the call sign and the trackers on these planes and shot them down. And that was massively embarrassing. And like it was, it was a whole thing. The commander just got relieved of command. And it's in the Navy. That's kind of a big deal, right, So this one wasn't that level of incompetence, but it was incompetence still, long story short, the F eighteen was on top of the flight deck and they had to make a hard turn and no one strapped down the F eighteen and it slid off the boat and is now at the bottom of the sea. So that day we've lost another one and that's not a good look. That's quite embarrassing for our United States Navy. But you know the yeah, yeah, the joke trite themselves. That's all I'm gonna say on that anyway. All right, all right, so moving on the US bomb. Are you hoot the controlled oil reserve killed a bunch of people. That's a thing. I thought I just exit out of this one. Yeah, Oh, maybe accidentally pulled it up twice. My bad. Now, speaking on the Middle East, let's talk about this now, Pakistan and Indian forces exchange fire along the Cashmir border. Now, for anybody who doesn't know, this border has been contested and there has been struggling strife over it. This is not a new thing. It has been going on for years and years and years and years, but here recently it has taken more of a step up as far as a potential war breaking out over it. Pakistani and Indian forces exchanged fire along the disputed Kashmir border overnight, with both sides blaming the other for starting the armed confrontation. As we would expect. Obviously, who shot first, babe babe bebe, doesn't matter the both shooting now. This clash the latest in a series of gunfire exchanges since last week's attack in Indian Administer's Kashmir. Occurred between Tuesday and Wednesday night. No casualties were reported. In a statement, the Indian Army said during the night of April twenty nine to thirtieth, twenty twenty five Pakistani Army posts initiated unprovoked small arms fire across the line of control in the Nashera, Sunderbanni and Akhnur sections of Jamu and Kashmir. Gotta hope I got those right. The Indian military swiftly responded in a proportional manner. Now I don't I think they mean proportional in the same sense that America means proportional. We proportional to us as usually playing the one up game. I think they actually might mean like the true definition of proportional. The Indian Army also reported unprovoked small arms fire near the Pakistani posts in Baramula and Kapwara districts, as well as along the international border in the Pargwaal sector, with the Indian forces responding accordingly. On the other hand, Pakistan accused the Indian Army of opening fire unprovoked quote unquote, both all the unprovoked by the way or quote unquote here in the Kiyani Mandal sector on Tuesday night, which was met quote unquote proportionally, according to state run Pakistan Television, citing security sources. Pakistan also claimed that at least one Indian Army outpost was destroyed during the exchange. Yeah, that's kind of what led me to this article. I had heard that an Indian outpost was destroyed, and that was like, wait, that's not something you do accidentally. That's not something that can happen from small arms fire. So things are absolutely escalating as far as it's a concern amid the Cross loc Exchange, the Yeah Cross LLC Exchange. The Director's General of Military Operations from both sides held a phone call on Tuesday to discuss the situation. Tensions between the two nations have been escalating since April twenty second, when unidentified gunmen killed twenty six people at the Pahalgam tourist resort in Indian Administered Kashmir. Meanwhile, on Wednesday evening, India barred Pakistani airlines from using its airspace. According to the Press Trust of India, a notice to airmen not tom no tam, I don't know was issued restricting Pakistani's Pakistan's airlines from entering Indian airspace. The newd Agency reported last week Pakistan had closed the airspace to all Indian owned or operated airlines after India suspended Pakistani visas and shut the only land border between the two countries. Additionally, Islamabad halted trade with India, including through third party countries. Now, Tony, you had brought up something in the chat earlier talking about what was going on in Pakistan and India. If you have some more knowledge on this, please, Well.
Speaker 4: It's just I heard all the same things that you read, and this seems like people are saying that there's a high chance it's gonna boil over this time into a bigger war. I remember a similar thing going on back in twenty nineteen. And have you ever known any Indians or Pakistanis in real life. I used to know quite a few, especially Indians in California, and most of them are highly, highly opinionated about the other country, highly opinionated. My coworker Ikram like he wouldn't get passionate about very much, but when he'd start talking about India because he was from Pakistan, accent would get thicker. He would close his eyes and just get very angry. And most of the Indians same thing. So there's a pretty good chance. It's impossible to assess the probability, but I'm really praying for peace here. I guess one good thing about this conflict is I don't think it's going to draw in other countries that much, because I think most other countries, including the US, don't see an interest in intervening here except to just encourage both sides to tamp down the escalation. So I'm glad. I'm glad you covered it though.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I first of all, yes, one hundred percent. I have buddies from Pakistan who currently live there now, and I have a lot of Indian friends of mine from my childhood, and I'll meet Indian like of Indian descent, like no, no, no, first generation Indians that I grew up around. As far as that goes, India being the massive subcontinent that they are, there's so many different and cultures throughout, but almost unanimously doesn't matter if it's in Northern India, in Delhi, in the South, whatever, they all have an opinion on Pakistan. Like it's a very like you said, a very loud, very strongly felt opinion. I might add. Now, my Pakistani buddies that I have, one of them couldn't care less about international things. He's one of the two percent Christian minority in the nation of Pakistan, so when it comes to international things a lot of that, he doesn't even feel like he has a dog in that fight. The other Pakistani buddies that I have, they hate and I don't mean just like dislike India, you know. Oh, they call them derogatory terms. No, it's like I would venture to say, possibly even a genocidal hatred of Indians. It's a thing. It is a thing. So I'm with you on this. I think that this will probably boil over into a larger scaled conflict. However, no Western power at all, America, Britain, the EU, NAT, nobody has decided that they want to weigh in on this one in like aid one side or the other. India has an extremely capable military. Pakistan does not not even close to a respectable military. They have a few units that are like they're special forces quote unquote and like, yay, fine, I'm not trying to say they're god awful. I'm saying that this is a very lopsided fight. What I do foresee is that Pakistan and India would start buying more weapons, more jets, more rounds, more everything, and it would be a big money making scheme for the military industrial complex. And I don't just mean the Orkan military dustrial complex, I mean the global one. So the same way that everybody, although they might say out loud that they want the Russia and Ukraine conflict to come to an end Lockeed and Boeing, they really don't like at all. They're making a killing RTX formerly Raytheon. They are cool with this going on for as long as needed. Iran and Iran, excuse me, India and Pakistan or Pakistan around how people pronounce it, same thing. They would really like for this to go into a more larger armed conflict that they can make more bank on, because India does have money to spend. I don't think Pakistan has as much, but the Belton Roade initiative did push through there, so China is at least paying somebody something in Pakistan, and they may have a little bit of money to blow for some new weapons. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, China seems pretty close with Pakistan, and the US used to be because India used to be close for the Soviet Union during the Cold War. But there's been a realignment there over the last thirty years, so America's gotten closer to India a little farther away from Pakistan, and Pakistan's gotten closer to China. I don't know if Russia really feels much of an interest in either of those two countries right now, but I'd say it's very ethno nationalists on both sides, and it goes back at least in nineteen forty seven, because, for example, in Europe, Eastern Europe was very ethnically mixed before World War Two. There were lots of Germans living there, and the Germans wanted to take over the whole place, but they ended up getting completely kicked out of Eastern Europe, and Poles got kicked out of southeastern Poland. There were lots of genocides. And around the same time, it was nineteen forty seven when the partition of India happened, and a very similar ethnic cleansing happened on both sides of the line. And I think the Muslims and the Hindus both feel very ethnonationalist about their group, and wherever they had a majority, they were kicking the other group out. And people tend to remember being victimized like that. It's far more than they remember any culpability for their own people doing it to the other group. For sure, that's just kind of natural psychology, but it survived this long. And yeah, they might actually have this genocidal intent toward each other, like you mentioned, I just hope that that can be tamped down somehow. They both have nukes too, and India and Pakistan do not sign the Non Proliferation Agreement. They're one of only maybe like five or six or seven countries including Israel, North Korea, South Sudan, and maybe like one other one somewhere. So they both have nukes. They both have about one hundred and thirty warheads according to what I just looked up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I really hope that it doesn't go to a nuclear war because that would mean that everybody dies and that's not good for anybody. But to your point, as far as how would Russia weigh in on this one, I don't think Russia has any love for either nation. That being said Mody, the PM or president, I'm not sure which title of India did just sign a contract to buy some SU thirty five's or thirty sevens, whatever the new Russian fighter is. There was a contract put out and it was about to They basically had a showdown between the American I think it was the F thirty five and the Sioux fifty seven or whatever the case is, and last minute America pulled out of it and Russia just kind of won the contract. So I don't think that Russia is going to have a dog in the fight. As far as the actual war is concerned, They've got bigger fish to fry in other locations. That being said, Russia is always looking for more ways to earn a dolla, and if they have jets that they could sell to India to make some money, yeah, I could see him doing that now. I don't know what Pakistan and air forces are looking like these days, but again, like just looking at the size and the population density of these two, that's if it was to go to a true war rather than a couple of skirmishes or something like that, if it was to be a legitimate declaration of war that spawns because of this, I feel like India is about to dog walk Pakistan. But that being said, India does have a pretty sizable Muslim population living within them. Yes, they are primarily a Hindu and Sikh nation for sure, but they do have a pretty large Muslim population that lives there. And you might have your own version of homegrown terrorism slash freedom fighters that would start doing homegrown attacks in India, And I don't think they really want to feel that problem either. So it's I'm with you. I hope that it gets situated and tamped down with as little loss of life and limb as possible. But let's be honest, these two countries have been looking for an excuse to really take it to the next level. This very well may be that excuse. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just read and I'm kind of surprised by this, but Russia seems to be taking India's side in the recent last week. That surprises me because the US is also more on India's side than Pakistans, so I could see it this alignment works out. Yeah, it is mysterious.
Speaker 1: I could see it for the business acumen of it, you know what I mean, and I mean Russia. I'm not saying like getting in bed with India by any means, but selling India arms for sure. China hooking up with Pakistan to kind of not even sell them arms, although possibly just to protect their Belt and Road initiative, to protect China's interests in a foreign nation. Absolutely. Now, does this mean that China and Russia will find themselves at odds with each other? I highly doubt that, highly doubt that. But at the same time, this is kind of how the chips are falling as far as who's aligning themselves with who so or whom I should say, so, Yeah, I don't know what to expect. We will. I will keep everybody posted on this as it plays out. This week has had a lot of wild things happen, so I honestly didn't expect this one. I mean, India's got a border crisis going on with China as we speak anyway, in their northern section, which for anybody who doesn't know, we've talked about it before. They basically have a rule that no firearms are to be used. But when Chinese forces and Indian forces meet up, it's like hand to hand combat and axes and chains and two by fours and clubs and shit. No firearms. But there are deaths that have happened between Chinese soldiers and Indian soldiers on that border. So maybe that's another kind of reason why China's aligning themselves a Pakistan over India on this one. I could see that being a portion of the issue as well. Enemy of my tony type of thing. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've read the exact same story about how there have been fistfights there where guys have died up in the Himalayas, and that's been going on since many years ago. I did read a news story a couple of months ago saying that China and India patched a lot of that up. But then I saw things after that that said, no, not really, and it could break out again. So I don't know what to believe there. But maybe it's it's not as big as some people make it out to be, and maybe it is.
Speaker 1: Asia be doing Asia things for sure. But you know, with that being said, as we are kind of on the Asian continent, let's talk a little bit about China. Now. I'm gonna go ahead and share the screen again again for anybody who is listening to this at any point this week and would like to be a part of this conversation or see what we're talking about here. Cage Night on patreon dot com. Link is in the description below. Only one tier for entry now, it depends on the new source you read on this one. I literally saw last week there was multiple articles saying why Apple will never leave China, why Apple is so connected to China, all these things. Now, Apple's iPhone factory shift has left a ghost town behind in China. So fox Con, and for anybody who doesn't know, fox Conn is a Chinese company that has a massive portion of the iPhone manufacturing contracts is closing factories in China as iPhone production moves elsewhere and impacts beyond industry have made crystal clear in a new video, Apple has long operators production in China, but in recent years it has been shifting away. Production in India and Vietnam is growing with fewer products being shipped out of China. This was happening before Trump put on the high tariffs. This is before the tariff war even started. Now that that's happening. Yeah, fox Con as well as other not just that, Amazon is also moving things out of We're gonna talk about it here. Apple has long said I'm sorry. In a China Observer report released on Monday, footage of a fox Con industrial park in Nanning, Nonning I don't know is shown to be deserted. Once employing fifty thousand people, it's now practically an empty shell. Apple Insider has learned that as Apple's operations have moved elsewhere, manufacturing capacity was freed elsewhere in China, leading to this plant's closure. A local man told the report the plant required massive resources to go with its fifty thousand employees. This included sixty tons of rice per day, as well as two hundred and eighty pigs, one point two million eggs, and eighty thousand chickens. That is all now gone and freed up now that those resources could go to other locations, which is good. China has starving people there, so like maybe that food can go you know, other places, more mouths, all good things. But those fifty thousand employees, it's not like they move them to another facility. They just have no job now. As well as the ghost town footage of the facility itself, the effects of China's exodus affected other nearby areas. Nearby skyscrapers built to house workers for the facility are struggling to make sales even with these steep discounts, which I mean, that's nothing new there. China's had a housing crisis for the last fifteen years. There is much hope to locals that Foxcom will be using the operation again anytime soon. As signs have been taken down, it is believed that only a few buildings are being actively used by fox Con, with the vast majority either vacant or rented out. The facility rot and abandonment is certainly a sign that fox con made changes to its overall operations, especially since Apple is keen to shift products away from China centric systems to one more distribution. Some of the overseas operations have been fitted from disclosure report. Sources say equipment from the facilities were taken to soimilar factories in Vietnam for local communities. The closure demonstrates how much wealth Apple's products can bring to an area. It also shows how quickly it can go away and without any other backup industries, how damaging the movement can be. That was updated just yesterday, if I'm not mistaken, So Apple is moving out of China. Not just Apple. Amazon also is shutting down a few pretty massive manufacturing facilities in China. Now, I think the Amazon thing might be more connected to the tariff war, but the iPhone and other tech industries, and yes, the semiconductor war has been going on for a few years now. But the fact that they're moving this to India. I'm not the only one that's been saying this. A lot of people have been saying that India is going to become the worldwide manufacturing hub. They have the manpower, they have the need, They the majority of that country is really poor and would not mind working in a sweatshop condition somewhere. Does that mean that the iPhone might become a little more expensive because Indian workers require a little more than Chinese workers. Sure? Does that mean that they're gonna stop it from happening, No, not at all. I realistically could see a world where in the next five years, most of our maide in China. Logos read made in India, or made in Vietnam, or made in Taiwan or the Philippines or something like that. These other Asian countries are definitely trying to fill the void that is about to be left by China. And that's before you even account for the fact that China's workforce is not going to be there in the next ten years, fifteen years, twenty years. They tried doing a lot in the way of advancements with robotics and technology to replace the sweatshop workers, but that only goes so far. The advancements aren't there enough to replace that need at this moment. Now, who knows what those advancements will look like in the next five to ten years. I get that, but they're also not waiting five or ten years to find out. Fox con I think is not. I think it's more of a sign of the times one hundred percent here, so aligning that with the tariff warb that Trump has going with China currently and China having open revolts in multiple cities right now, and I think it's somewhere around What was the ratio I just saw? Was it like twenty five to thirty percent of China want g to be removed from power, and they're tired with anything CCP related. They are their words, not mine. They are screaming for democracy. It only takes eleven percent of a population to enact a revolution that can be successful. Let that one marinate as long as y'all need to. Now, I understand that this has the realistic capability of looking like a Tianman Square two point zero, and it probably will, probably will, but we're not going to hear about that. We're never gonna hear about it the same way we only heard what was it? I just saw an article about Tianman Square. Apparently it was only two hundred and eighty people that showed up, and all of them were listed as terrorists, and it's like, no, they weren't. Those were college kids, and you mowed them down, and there was way more than two hundred and eighty. But how much of that story can we believe because we only got fractions of it years after the fact.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you want to hear my take on that, please. Nobody died in Tieneman Square. It was a student protest that took place from April to June. People did die a few miles away from there. They were rioters and they were not students. If anyone can show me any students who died, I'd love to see it. But I have not seen anything like that.
Speaker 1: You haven't seen the pile of bodies with with tank treads ran through them?
Speaker 4: No, not from China Brothers right now?
Speaker 1: Oh man, Okay, I'm gonna have to i'ma have to get with you later on and send you some of these, Like, it's gruesome what happened.
Speaker 4: And there was way eight So what I what I have seen in terms of pictures was a couple of buses and cars that were burned to a crisp. There were some police who were lynched. There's uh, let's see. I haven't seen tanks running over people or anything. And the tank man did not get run over. But nobody died in Tianamen Square. Some people died a few miles away. So that's my take on that, and I could be wrong, but yeah, please let me know. You can tell me offline if you want.
Speaker 1: I think you might be the first person I've ever heard say this, and I do conspiracies for a living bro like that. This sounds wild, but.
Speaker 4: Okay, well I'm glad to up a little bit. You absolutely job here.
Speaker 1: Grab your wooden spoon, dog you over here, just stirring the pot man. Okay, all right, so hot take on the Taman Square situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I don't think she Jenking is going to be overthrown. I don't see any revolts, but if you can point me in the direction of any evidence of that, I would gladly look at it.
Speaker 1: I was gonna pull up articles on that, but then I also saw them last week, and I mean I didn't pull them up because I thought it would probably be in bad taste because China has a way of dealing with political dissonance, and not just Taman Square. There's multiple examples of them. Like you don't hear about uprisings because I mean, granted, we only hear what makes it out of China, and they handle a lot of things in house communisms like that. But uh yeah, I heard about it last week that there was a couple of cities. It wasn't like cities on fire kind of things, but there was like rather large protests that were starting to form in certain Chinese cities. I let that one go because I was thinking that it might be time and place right, that might be more of a local thing based off of like local politics or something like that. And I, you know whatever, most of what I saw today is directed at Xi himself, and I'm seeing some like I said, it was like our thirty percent of people want him removed. And again, can we trust the source? Can we trust the word that's coming out of China. Of course, we're in America. We're only gonna get whatever the Chinese algorithm allows us to see on TikTok or on that red book app or whatever the case is, so we're never gonna hear about this. I also know that every single post that gets made that's even slightly critical to China, even from American sources, gets flooded by Chinese bots and they do everything they can to get it removed. That's nothing new. That's been happening for years now, but especially when it comes to the current uprisings in China. So I might actually pull up some of those articles for next week if the rioters haven't all been mass graved. But yeah, yeah, you know, no, matter of fact, I wanna make a note of that.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, there would be tons of evidence of it because everyone's got a smartphone these days, including in China, and I can guarantee that the Chinese diaspora in Taiwan and Hong Kong would be blaring all of this, and they have a huge incentive to do so. Another thing is I can guarantee that if you asked Americans do you want the president to be removed? You would always get at least thirty percent of people saying yes, no matter which party has the presidency. In my opinion, I have not looked it up, but I think that's plausible.
Speaker 1: That's fair. But the American presidency changes every four years. That is not how the CCP does it. She has been in power for a lot longer than an American presidential term, and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's about twenty twelve. I think since he he's been in there, right, I could be wrong about that. But it's been since around there, and I means she used to live in America. By the way, Yeah, he went to school in Ohio and San Francisco. There's a picture of him standing next to the Golden Gate Bridge in the eighties. I don't think of him as a super anti American guy. I could be wrong.
Speaker 1: I don't think that she is anti American. He's definitely anti Trump fair, he was very pro Biden. I mean it's he's not anti American because America is their number one buyer of all their goods. They're a manufacturing nation. We are a consumer nation. That makes sense. But he does not like how the American current politics are shaking out in his regard, and as far as that goes, he also and I know this is when I say that this out loud, it's gonna be like, well, no shit, Sherlock. I get that he, along with name a political figure that has been in power in their nation for over a decade. They develop a cult of personality around themselves of nothing but yes men that never give them bad news, who never step out of line, who never anything to tell them that what they're doing is a bad idea, or even sounds like a bad idea. She is surrounded by yes men to that point, I mean, even it wasn't. I think it was actually the CEO of Fox Con last year who tried releasing some things on an algorithm about how like the truth of China, the truth about the CCP. He stepped down and then he was found dead like two days later, and everything he posted was removed. Yeah, they have smartphones in China, but everything they do is so heavily regulated by their social credit system, by everything they do is owned by the CCP. They don't have free speech, they don't have free internet, they don't have freedom in a lot of regards. So even if you had rioters that were posting videos live streamed, it would instantaneously get taken down by the Chinese algorithm to where it would never actually get onto the Internet. And I mean to say that like, yeah, the Chinese diaspora and like Taiwan, Taiwan has no love for China as far as that's concerned, and they have been talking about this for a good long while. But at this point that's more like it's white noise because in the global political climate of Taiwan versus China, right, now, Taiwan is making every single possible accusation against China make them seem like satanists, and China is doing everything in their power to make Taiwan look like, well, you're our land anyway, So what are you talking about? It's you know what I mean? Those clashing together like that, that's just white noise. They're gonna say all the stuff, and how much of that can you actually take seriously given the current political climate. So I get that one as well.
Speaker 4: Well, Yeah, I will be talking about this next week.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling absolutely now unless unless, if the if the riots get shut down and we really have nothing to talk about, then it is what it is. If I can't find anything on it, but we shall see, we shall see. But sticking onto the Asian continent, I did want to talk about this one as well. So as we were talking about AI earlier and my distrust of them, it then that it things. Yeah, So Thailand unveils its AI police cyborg one point zero smart robot officer joins force to enhance song cran safety. This is not a joke, This is not a a sci fi flick, This is real life. Thailand has a complete AI powered RoboCop that is currently doing his job. It's job in Thailand police colonel. Yeah, I'm not even gonna try to pronounce that name. And that's the robot's name, by the way, has been deployed at Songkran Venue in Nakhon Platom pat Tom Yet Province to enhance public safety. The Royal Thai Police on Wednesday shared photos of the country's first AI police robot deployed in that province during the Songkrome festival. That long name that I couldn't in, which translates to Nakhom Patom is safe. That's the name of this Ai RoboCop. It's the place is safe. Has been deployed to Son Chron which a venue on Thomson Road in Muang District, to enhance public safety, the RTP said in a Facebook post. The robot, dubbed AI Police Cyborg one point zero, is a RoboCop styled robot officer equipped with smart three to sixty degree AI cameras. It is jointly developed with the Provincial Police Region seven and in the Nakampathom Municipality. And for anybody who's in Thailand, if I am just mispronouncing these words, I'm sorry. I don't speak your language. I love your food, I love your martial arts style, I cannot understand your language. The AI Police Cyborg integrates live footage from CCTV cameras in and around the event area, as well as from drone surveillance, and processes them using AI technology built into the cyborg system. The cyborg's own cameras are enhanced with video analytics capabilities and linked directly to the province's command and control center to effectively manage public safety during public events. I mean, look at this thing that is that personally terrifies me. This is I robot the movie with Will Smith in real life, and Thailand of course was the first to roll with it. That blows my mind. Now, what can the AI Police Cyborg do? Facial recognition and blacklist alerts It identifies individuals and notifies officers if wanted or high risk individuals are detected. Suspect tracking it monitors and tracks suspects across the event based on facial recognition advanced search capabilities. It searches for individuals using facial features, clothing, body type, and gender. Weapon detection it identifies potential weapons excluding water guns, including knives, wooden sticks, and objects resembling weapons. So a wooden stick it's gonna take as a weapon, but a water gun it knows the difference. Okay, I don't see that going poorly at all, but sure, especially at this event where everybody is soapd down and has water guns spraying and everything. Yep, yep, totally. I mean, with that being said, I don't know what Highlands gun laws are like, so I don't know if it even knows like look for guns as far as that's concerned, I don't know. Behavior monitoring it detects potential violent or disruptive behaviors such as fighting or physical assaults. So this thing is just scanning the crowd the entire time, using all of its three sixty cameras, and it's ai to determine if there is a threat or anything. Y'all, the future is now, and I personally don't want RoboCop coming after me. That terrifies the hell out of me. Yeah. I don't trust it, not even a little bit. I wow. Okay, Now moving on to the European continent. I'm not going to bring up Africa or Australia in this episode, but we're hitting all the other ones basically uh oh in South America. I suppose I didn't really bring them up either, but okay, whatever anyway, So for anybody who didn't hear, Spain and Portugal, the entire countries had massive power outages this week. All right, This is from Al Jazeera. As a matter of fact, power outages hit Spain and Portugal. What happened and what was effected? A blackout paralyzed large portions of Spain and Portugal on Monday. Here is what we know. Major power outages across large areas of Spain and Portugal, as well as parts of southern France, knocked out traffic lights and disrupted public transportation and airport operations on Monday. Officials did not say what caused the outages, but several denied any foul play. I as a former electrician, I get that this is an imperfect world. Substations have accidents, happen, things blow from time to time. I get that I do. To have two nations power grids brought down and a portion of a third, and you're not saying there was any foul play. I feel like that's a bold statement to make at this time. I don't know, maybe I'm talking out of my ass here. But boy, that just sounds faris to me. There's a direct quote here the President of the European Council, Antonio Costa. Grid operators in both countries, Spain and Portugal are working on finding the cause and on restoring electrical electricity supply. Antonio Costa was his name. He wrote that post on X. Costa was the Prime Minister of Portugal between twenty fifteen and twenty twenty four. At this point there is no indications of any cyber attack, he said, you know that already. Yeah, okay, So anyway, here's what we know. What happened in Europe and when power out just swept across much of the Iberian peninsula around ten thirty GMT to twelve thirty pm local time in Spain and eleven thirty am in Portugal. Parts of southern France were also briefly effected, but the service was quickly restored. Critical infrastructure was heavily impacted. Metro systems in Madrid, Barcelona and Lisbon were shut down, while major airports such as Madrid, Barajas and Lisbon's Humberto Delgado face significant delays and partial closures. According to Spanish newspaper lpay the outage set Spain back to the nineteenth century. They mean the eighteen hundreds. The way he said that made it sound way further back. Okay, yeah, set them back to the nineteenth century. Trains are not operating and traffic lights are down, causing chaos. Many cities are completely dark. Al Jazeero step Vsin Basin said, reporting from Valencia Airport in Spain. Authorities have stated that it is the first time in history such a large scale blackout has occurred. She added, this is a post in Spanish, I don't read so anyway. Translation says real time electricity demand data from Red Electrica. This is how things are now seven hours after the blackout. Slow recovery but still far from normal. The graphs shows that electricity use dropped from about twenty six thousand megawatts to just twelve thousand in a few minutes. I mean that's yeah, So that's like the pay meter showing like how hard it was hit. But it also doesn't look like one thing blue and just shut everything down. It looks like it was a slow, progressive shut debt. Well, I say slows a few minutes, yes, but you know that doesn't read to me like it wasn't foul play at all. If anything that, I don't know. I don't want to speak out of turn here, but it seems like there was foul play, so let's check it out here. Spain and Portugal, home to around sixty million people together, were the worst affected. But it didn't just hit there. There's four nations that were talked about here. Spain. Major urban centers such as a Villa, Madrid, Murcia, Galicia, Alia, Alecante, Zargoza, Barcelona, Seville reported widespread disruptions. The Canaries and Balaric Islands were not affected. And yes, I probably butchered some of those pronunciations.
Speaker 3: My bad.
Speaker 1: Portugal, Lisbon and Porto experience can parable challenges. Southern France, parts of the French Basque County our country saw brief power outages, but officials from the French Electricity transmission network said the interruptions lasted only a few minutes. Morocco, some reports suggested that the internet provided providers in Morocco also struggled to keep their services up briefly because of network connections with France and the outages there. Okay, now, what else was affected? The Madrid Open tennis tournament was suspended for the day. Oh No organizers said there would be no more action on Monday. In order to guarantee general safety, Madrid's firefighters carried out more than two hundred elevator interventions across the city, while health services carried out one hundred and sixty seven interventions, most for respiratory issues and anxiety attacks YEP. Meanwhile, in Lizbon, according to local media reports, people rushed to grocery stores to stock up on water and non paarish goods. That is expected whenever the power goes out living in Louisiana when a hurricane hits, that is typically how things go. What caused the power outage, Portugal's Prime Minister Luise Montenegro said that everything points to major blackouts starting in Spain. The exact cause is still unclear, and while there's no evidence yet of a cyber attack. Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez and jokes Right themselves said he isn't ruling anything out. He warned against speculation, but said no cause can be discredited at this point. The European Union Agency for Cybersecurity, the block's cyber security arm, said at current evidence points to a cable fault. So the Cybersecurity Agency said that it was a cable fault. Okay, But experts have also in recent weeks warned that an excess of solar power generation in the grid could trigger blackouts. Ooh, okay, I'm gonna reread that one, because boy, that's gonna make a lot of green people very upset. Experts have also in recent weeks warned that an excess of solar power generation in the grid could trigger blackouts. In early April, Belgium's electrical grid operator caution that too many electricity generation, too much electrical electricity generation, could destabilize the grid. I've never heard that, but it makes sense. You know, you can only put so much voltage and so much wattage and so much amperage into these systems, into these wires if you have it coming from source A going to point B. But point B also is producing its own electricity. Something's gonna give eventually. I have never heard of solar panels being the cause of blackouts, but the math checks out here, so okay. According to a report by Bloomberg, Spain has been seen a record number of hours with negative power prices in recent months, as more solar and wind energy has been fed into the grid. However, until now the oversupply hadn't led to blackouts. So what is the latest on the ground. Electricity has returned to parts of northern, southern, and western Spain, the grid operator said on Monday. Spain's Transportation Minister Oscar Puente said medium and long distance train services are unlikely to resume before tomorrow. Meanwhile, lead Red Electrica has estimated that full restoration could take six to ten hours. Okay, that's not the worst I've ever heard of here. Power has now been restored to parts of Catalonia, Catalonia, Aragon and the Basque country Galatia, are Asturia's Navarre, Castile, Leone, Extremada. Yeah all these plays, says, I suck it speaking the Spanish language. My apologies. Yeah, so power has been restored. According to Spanish news agency ef E, electricity consumption in Spain has reached over fifty percent of the usual level by four thirty pm local time. Portugal's grid operator ARIN said that the production the production has resumed at the Castellero de Baad hydro electric plant and the Tapata do Areno Sure thermoelectric facilities. So all right, they got power restored, or they're getting the power restored. But still I am not of the belief that this had no foul play. I hadn't heard that it was solar panels and wind turbines that were front loading the power so heavily that it would cause nationwide blackouts. That's pretty crazy to me, but I guess that's a possibility. I don't know. I'm hoping that the investigation, when it is concluded, will give a good answer and that it wasn't like a terrorist plot or something like that. Although I could see that very much being the case. I hope it's not. I hope it's not. But anyway, all right, so the last story we are gonna get to on this one at this time, and we don't really need to spend a whole lot of time on it. But at the same time, Russia has launched an offensive in Sumi and Kharkiv region, Ukraine's top commander confirms, and this is from the Moscow Times in case anybody is curious. Long story short, and I don't really need to read all of it, but Russian forces launched an offensive into the northeastern Ukraines Sumi and Kharkiv regions several days ago, Ukraine's commander in chief said in an interview published on Wednesday. Comments come nearly a month after you, Krainian President Zelenski claimed that Russia was ready a new attack in the Assumi region, which borders Russia's Kursk region. They do bring up the numbers here in a little bit about how much of that Kursk region they currently have, which as compared to what they took at the height of the Ukrainian invasion into Russia goes. But yeah, for the most part, they don't hold much of that region at all anymore. They have been beaten back pretty much to the farthest extent of it. Oh no, it doesn't say it on this one. Okay, I had a couple of articles pulled up, but I didn't pull that one up. Long story store. I think they hold like they at one point held like two hundred and seventy some odd square kilometers. Right now they hold like thirty square kilometers of the Kursk region. They're about to lose it. The spring is here, the temperature has warmed up in that region. Russia is launching their spring offensive. They're about to retake Kursk and apparently coming into the Sumi region now Tony we had talked a couple of weeks ago. I cannot remember if you said that Sumi was going to be one of the regions that Russia claimed as like their rightful territory or is this them also trying to stack the deck in their favor for a more favorable peace negotiation. What do you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's the latter. They're just trying to stack the deck for a more favorable peace negotiation. And I think the more Russian part of Ukraine would be Pharkaw or Harkiv as they spell it. So, but Russians are just grabbing whatever they can get as they can get it. So I haven't actually been paying super close attention to this recently, and I'm still predicting that the peace will come in about March of twenty twenty six, because remember we had we had a little bit of a bet on that. I'm still sticking with that it's probably going to take that long, because it's taken this long so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I don't know. I'm hoping, like I'm with you, I hope that this comes to a quick conclusion, I see Russia grabbing up as much territory as they can, especially if they are expecting that Western powers are going to be helping Ukraine even more. I'm hearing reports, and I don't know how valid they are, but I'm hearing reports that apparently Chinese soldiers are now fighting alongside Russian soldiers in Ukraine, not North Korean Chinese. China has denied the allegations. Russia has denied the allegations, but some are saying that these are they're speaking clearly Chinese and they don't look Russian, because China and Russia don't really look similar to each other, like, you know, racially and ethnically speaking. I don't know. I don't I can't envision that China has taken that type of a stance in this regard that would screw them over on the world stage even further than they already are. I don't know. Have you heard anything in that regard.
Speaker 4: You know, I did see on a telegram channel that some Chinese troops were captured by Ukraine. They were probably these volunteer mercenary types, because the Chinese government doesn't have an agreement with the Russian government like the North Korean government does, so there's a lot of North Koreans there, and we've talked about them. I didn't see though, that China sent a huge, well a pretty large group of soldiers to Moscow for the Victory Day parade that's going to happen on May ninth, and they're already there, just practicing to march down the street. But that's all I've really seen from China. In Russia right now. In other news, Russia claims that they killed seventy six thousand Ukrainians in Kursk. Maybe that's inflated, but that would still be that's like ten times more than the US lost in the Terror War, and about a similar body count as the Vietnam War to the US. And that's just in the Curse region. So maybe it's right, maybe it's wrong.
Speaker 1: I feel you those numbers might be inflated, But at the same time, all of the numbers are inflated in this one. I'm hearing reports saying that Russia has lost quote unquote, maybe not dead, but like no longer on the battlefield somewhere around like six hundred thousand, and Ukraine has lost something like three hundred thousand. I don't actually believe those numbers, but it really depends on the source you read. So seventy three thousand in the Curse region, I find that hard to believe, seeing is how the entire Russian Spring Offensive was comprised of sixty seven thousand, and Russia has a larger military than Ukraine does, so it's you know what I mean. I believe it's thousands, you know, I mean even in the upper thousands, but seventy that sounds a bit much.
Speaker 4: Well, Ukraine they have had, in a sense a numerical advantage this whole time, because even though they're population is lower, they've done the conscription and Russia has just been relying on people enlisting kind of the way it normally goes in the US, kind of the way it is when there isn't a draft. So even though Russia has got a bigger population, the actual fielded strength is pretty similar on both sides. At least that's my opinion about it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm not saying that Russia has been conscripting. They did lose two million military aged men who fled the country as soon as the initiative kicked off because they didn't want to be conscripted. I feel like they wouldn't have just left if there was no risk of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think those men felt like there was a risk. But the way it works is kind of like here, where there's a certain percentage of the male population that joins the military and then they kind of retire and go into reserve status, and then those reserves can be called up. And it was the reservists who being called and some of them got scared and ran away and left the country. And Russia's also got a pretty high rate of enlistment. They're kind of like the United States in that respect. A lot of people join up for education and other reasons. So out of their one hundred and thirty five million population, I wish I knew the numbers a little better, but they have probably a similar enlistment rate to what we have.
Speaker 1: I could believe that. I mean, Russia does have some like possibilities for like future advancement, and the military would be a good way to start that. I mean, hell didn't like one in every ten Russian households don't have running water, So I mean like, yeah, if you're just some random guy from any old place Russia, yeah, joined the military and serving a term of enlistment would probably give you a leg up as far as finding a job or a future for yourself. Goes the same in America, you know, I could see that being a way to advance your social status and your opportunities for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in the Western world, it's been a ladder of social mobility for people for well over one hundred years. And I've read that this even goes back to ancient Greece, where poorer people would volunteer to join a military expedition and mix kind of mingle with the kids of more upper class men who are also in the same unit. And Britain didn't need a draft in World War One until the very end because so many men were just volunteering for status and everything. That's something that's on every man's mind, not just well, this is scary and exciting to be in combat, but also what is this going to do for my prospects to marry a nice girl when I get home? And how much will people respect me in the workforce if everyone's asking for the next twenty years. So what did you do during the war? And Paton said in his speech, you won't have to say I shoveled shit in Louisiana.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I used to be a fan of Patent, but now that I've learned more about him as a general, I gotta say I have a lot less respect for him. Also, MacArthur was a bitch and I'll die on that hill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot the movie left out about Patton. It's amazing that he became such a hero, especially with all the anti Semitism, just as the most obvious thing.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, sorry, but that also, like racism in that day and age was very normal. It was like expected almost of that, especially somebody of.
Speaker 4: That any Anglo American on average.
Speaker 1: Right, But when I found out more about how he screwed over other more successful generals, God, what was it? Terrible Terry. As a matter of fact, if anybody wants to look into his story, Fat Electrician just did a whole expose on him. Basically, he was so successful that Patton, and who was his little bitch, his little buddy that was like always at his right hand. They maybe that's the one Bradley. Yeah, So they hated Terry so much that they he kicked him from the war. He goes back home. He actually was really good friends with FDR and then got sent back to the war. Patton and Bradley had an eighteen month head start to get to Germany, and Terry still beat them there by three months, starting from France with like a unit that he pretty much had to train from the ground up. I think it was the Timberwolves was the unit that he trained up, and like, yeah, it's it's crazy. The more I learned about Patton and his tactics, everybody wants to act like the Battle of the Bulge was like, oh, like, yues, fine, it was a turning point. I get that, but even arguably not so much. The Nazis were on the ropes or they were getting ready to be on the ropes before the Battle of the Bulge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like that was psychotic to to be one of the guys invading the beaches of Normandy. But like, you gotta understand Germany. Yeah, they were still on the offensive when we landed in Normandy, but dude, they would have gotten I don't think so. They were still making advancements into Soviet Russia. They had stopped at a couple of places like Stalingrad and Leningrad, had become like Stalemates. They had pretty much been kicked out of Africa by that point, but they were still making advancements into Asia, and they were still doing like you know, they were still on the uptick at that moment.
Speaker 4: There is okay, I agree to disagree on that, but okay, let's keep going.
Speaker 1: There are certain historians that say that give them five years and they would have come to their natural stopping point. Anyway. There are certain historians that say that if Hitler would have waited two more years to invade Poland, that the entire world would be speaking Germany.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: It depends on the source, honestly, and armchair historians ourselves included. There's levels and nuances that we don't see, and I acknowledge that I don't know. But speaking of Raven, is that you holding a Bangalore torpedo. I'm looking at the picture you posted in the chat here Raven. I don't know if she could speak right now anyway.
Speaker 4: Hey, I want to defend Churchill on something real quick. Of course I don't like Churchill, as you can imagine, but he was against the Normandy invasion. He wanted to focus on Europe's soft underbelly and take Hungary, Romania, and maybe Austria away from the Soviets. I guess the Soviets didn't end up with Austria. But he thought that the Normandy idea was a distraction. I think he was probably right, actually, but history turned out the way it did. I think even if the Allies had lost at Normandy, they still would have won eventually. It would have just taken a few more months, months or years, oh months, Yeah, I think Russia at that point would have won no matter what. After mid nineteen forty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Hitler made the saint well, not Hitler himself. He wasn't a general, he was a furer. But like his general made the same mistake that Napoleon made that so many other people made. Don't fight Russia in the winter. It's not going to go well for you. It's never gone well for anyone in human history. And he he's shown enough, rolled the dice on that and he found out the hard way. But yeah, the Soviets were about to turn that tide. And but that's the deal. It would Oh and even talking about going from the soft underbelly, like you're talking about coming through Austria, Hungary and all that I've heard that proposed that it would have taken more loss of life, more men would have died in the slow invasion from Southern Europe to get to Berlin as opposed to them jumping into France and getting to Berlin that way. I don't know that to be a fact. I don't actually know the statistics and the numbers on that, but that is allegedly what led them to go for the short version rather than the long version. But even still, like losing what was twenty thousand guys before noon that first day on Normandy beaches like that, you talk about a loss of life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's accurate. I agree, But the way I see it geopolitically was that invading Normandy was more of a gift to the Soviets rather than taking away much of Southern Europe from the Soviets, and that was why FDR's advisors really wanted Normandy rather than the Southern Europe option, and George Marshall also pushed for it really hard. I don't think he was a Communist sympathizer, but maybe he had his own reasons for doing it. I read that he was upset that the air forces were overshadowing the army at that time, so he wanted to do something more army focused rather than air Force focused. And the air Force has spent a lot of time bombarding France just to soften it up for the Normandy as opposed to bombing Germany as they've been doing in nineteen forty three, So that was kind of a distraction for the air forces too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's very true. Yeah, that's I've noticed this too. Like men, when they get to a certain age, apparently there's like a few like sub genres of categories that we all get into.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: Some of them it's like slow cooked meats that seems to be a thing. Some of them it's history, right, And of the history, you've got like two big ones every now and then you get like the Civil War, which is like a third kind of in the middle there, but usually it goes to the Roman Empire or World War Two. It just seems to go that way. I keep hearing a lot of people these days talk about the the ifs and the what ifs about World War Two, more prevalent in the past few months. Honestly, I don't know. Maybe that's just the way my algorithm has been pushing it. But yeah, no, I agree with you. Though Churchill was kind of a piece of shit, I now that I learned as much as I've learned about MacArthur, he also was a bitch. And the entire reason why the Marines were stuck at the Frozen Chosen was because he circumvented them and screwed them over and hung them out to dry. That whole I will return when it was convenient for you. You returned, Yeah, Paton, was he a motivator?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Was he some brilliant military tactician?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Not really? Yeah, yeah, but I guess it's easy to say sitting here as a chair historian or armchair general decades after the fact, you know whatever.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I'm in agreement with you overall, and I like this whole subject.
Speaker 1: No, all right, everybody, So I think that is going to wrap up this episode of The Cajun Night. Didn't exactly mean for its end on a historical conversation, but you you know, I do love it when that happens. I love history. You know, if you listen to the Cult of Conspiracy, you will hear me say that a lot. So for anybody who is listening to this the following day, the following week, whatever the case may be. If you would like to be a part of the conversation every Wednesday night at nine pm Central, then come check out again the Cajun Night on Patreon. The link is in the description below. There is only one tier for admittance. We do this, we post it on the Patreon for the video. The audio comes out on the Cult of Conspiracy channel, and I'm thinking possibly putting this on the Cajun Night YouTube channel the lives that we do. Maybe. I don't know. I don't know if this would transverse well into the video side of things or if this would be more of a keep it audio based thing kind of way. Of my options on that right now, but either way it goes. If you would like to join in the conversation next week Cajun Night on Patreon. I want to thank all of you for coming and joining me on this journey. This evening, as we talked about everything going on in the world today, we had some pros, some cons some funny things, some agreements, some disagreements, and that's what I love. I love the combining of the mind, y'all. We're gonna figure this whole thing out before it's all said and done again, I am the Cajun Knight, and as always, God bless