Speaker 1: I'm Ali.
Speaker 2: I came out after twenty years of marriage and I have three kids.
Speaker 3: I'm Melissa and I have two kids, and I came out at thirty seven after an eleven year marriage.
Speaker 2: This podcast is about coming out later and the struggles and victories that come with it.
Speaker 3: When coming out feels like the end of the world, but it's really just the beginning.
Speaker 4: This is the Lesbian Chronicles.
Speaker 5: Do I need to grab the dog?
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Lesbian Chronicles.
Speaker 2: I love having like a tiny little something that everyone hears before the show.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to grab the dog?
Speaker 5: But there's always something happening.
Speaker 1: I know you've got a lot of balls in the air right now.
Speaker 5: I do I know not fun.
Speaker 2: I think you're killing it. You look like you're killing it all right, Well.
Speaker 5: So how's it going good?
Speaker 2: Give us a little tidbit on You're gonna be the DJ at the Urban Pie patio takeover.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they're doing like a Pride party patio takeover at Urban Pie June twentieth, and I will be the DJ.
Speaker 5: Yes, this is my second time djang.
Speaker 1: It's your DJ name.
Speaker 5: I don't have a DJ name like am I DJing or am I playing?
Speaker 1: Music.
Speaker 2: I know you know what also, you just have to do I know this crowd so well. I can tell you what the bangers are. I'm terrible at djang, but there's a few songs that if you do these, you win them.
Speaker 5: Over so quick exactly. And it's a matter of just like playing the songs through.
Speaker 1: Play the songs through which I struggle with everyone knows through. But also don't let them get quiet. You have to transition to the next song before it's too night.
Speaker 2: Okay, well let's get into our topic because we don't have that much time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm I'm very curious to hear your takes are on this, especially Robin.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Robin and I were having a conversation about you come out your Most people or a lot of our friends were very very fem and then little by little as they kind of come into their sexuality, they start to kind of their style morphs a little bit. They're what they're attracted to morphs a little bit. I mean, my catalyst was mask, but I what got me thinking about it is I had this situation where I realized that like I like the feeling of like a femme woman, like needing me a little bit like holding my arm or like leaning into me.
Speaker 1: If she's cold. Yep.
Speaker 2: And I like that feeling, and I think that's a more masculine feeling.
Speaker 1: I can relate to that. And I think I also a lot of the friends that we have were married to men at one point. I have never identified as somebody who's super feminine, but in a marriage to a man, you just kind of fall into these more traditional roles of like the man is taking out the trash, or the man is fixing something around the house or or things like that. But also you lean into these things of like one person is supposed to initiate sex or contact or things like that holding doors open. And as I've been kind of navigating dating women, I'm finding I like to do a lot of those things. I like to be feel like the person who is like the caretaker in a way, or like the more solid like foundation of the relationship or I don't know, there's like there and you said these other day, and I've related so much to it. There feels there's like this power in a way that I feel when I can put my arm around someone, you know, like sitting in a chair at a bar or at a table, like I naturally will like lean back and lean into them and put my armor on their right and that that feels more masculine to.
Speaker 2: Me, or to somebody lean into you and say I'm cold and like snuggle into.
Speaker 1: You in the booth. A man's not doing or a man's not doing that to a woman. Imagine this guy like scuddling up next to you.
Speaker 2: And being like, I'm cold, let me sit near you.
Speaker 1: Get out of your weirdo.
Speaker 2: But like if a woman does that, and that is kind of what happened, it made me.
Speaker 1: I loved that feeling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think that's not It's like things like that are happening more and more so I'm starting to realize maybe.
Speaker 1: I do have a type. Yeah, I would say, I think I am figuring that out too, Like I have a hard time picturing being with someone who is more masculine than me, right, Like I'm kind of middle of the road, but like lean a little bit more feminine, but I gravitate towards women who are more feminine than me. Yeah, I would say, when I think about who you've dated, yeah, I mean it's all I feel like. It's people who are also kind of like middle of the road and have like masculine and feminine like qualities. Is far as like how they carry themselves, the way they dress, things like that. But I don't know what it is, but I definitely feel just more comfortable and more natural in a role that feels more masculine at least like outside, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like walking around like you said, opening the door or like yeah, yeah, what about you?
Speaker 1: What say you? Well?
Speaker 3: I think it's interesting because it's one of those things like as you're coming out, like we're not thinking about this kind of No. No, I wasn't thinking like who am I going to be attracted to?
Speaker 5: How am I going to feel when I'm around certain people?
Speaker 3: And it's one of those things that like you guys are kind of saying, It's like it's changing over time, because initially I was really trying to like keep that feminine energy and wanting to like not even realizing that I was like holding back on this like masculine side of mine, you know, because I was so used to like putting myself in like the straight box, in the feminine box and showing up that way. It like took me a while to kind of like really start to like access that part of myself.
Speaker 2: Tell Robin about clop clop, I just think it's it's an appropriate time.
Speaker 3: I mean, so, it's It's one of those things, is theory that Ally and I have Sometimes women want to dress feminine, but they don't realize how much masculine energy they have and they're wearing their heels.
Speaker 5: Right, not a clop clopper.
Speaker 1: You were not a clop clopper.
Speaker 5: I am a pageant trained.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if I was clop clopping at the wedding. If I was clop clopping at the wedding, Oh my god, looking so radiant in her dress all femmow I was. I was kind of into it, to be honest.
Speaker 5: Well, and that's just it.
Speaker 3: It's like I I wore a dressed to my brother's wedding a few years ago, and I felt great in it, and but I don't know that I would make that choice today.
Speaker 1: No, you would wear suit. No, I can't even picture you. Yeah, I can't imagine it myself.
Speaker 5: But it's like that.
Speaker 3: That was I've been out for like, I think three years at that point, at four years maybe, But as far as like what I'm attracted to, I feel like I have stuck to being attracted to feminine women the whole time. However, I like feminine women that are going to like stand up for themselves, that are very like strong willed, strong minded. They don't they don't care if I'm opening the door for them or not, you know, going to but they can handle their own shit. If something's wrong with our food at the restaurant, I don't have to like handle everything.
Speaker 1: Which I was just having these exact thoughts, I'm doing this that my children. I was just having those exact thoughts, like right before you said that, because there's a difference I think in how someone dresses and presents in that way that like you think of as a more feminine woman is maybe gonna wear heels, is gonna wear dresses, is gonna have jewelry and makeup and those kinds of things, But that doesn't mean they're timid or soft or can't take control of a situation. And I am also that's also like probably even more important for me in who I'm attracted to is the energy that they have, and that I think is also something that's fluid and it's not necessarily all feminine or all masculine. It's kind of a balance and like the femininity is like the emotional sides of things, and like the softness in how you approach situations, and the masculine is like the secure, sturdy like force, if you will, and like somebody who carries themselves with like a confidence and isn't afraid to like bring up when something isn't to their liking, or like you're saying at a restaurant, they stand up for themselves or they don't need me to open the door for them, but they're happy to let me open the door for them kind of thing. Like it's it's a balance. And I think another kind of like more recent learning that I've had and conversation that I had with the girl that I was just dating, was like because she also had been married to a man for a long time and had dated women. But it was like we were having this ongoing conversation that just because I feel like I want to be the like caretaker and kind of like more masculine person out in the open, out in public today doesn't mean I don't want you to still take care of me tonight, you know, right like later It's like and you can kind of both carry the weight of the masculine and the feminine and balance each other out. If like somebody is not feeling it today, I can pick that up for you, you know, And that's kind of I think for me, what has been a really cool thing about dating women that I've never experienced dating men is that it doesn't always have to be like cut and dry, of this person has strong in this thing. You can bounce bounce each other out, and like I think women are do that beautifully of like having that fluidity and having the ability to like pick up where somebody else is like not feeling great or.
Speaker 3: I think also it's like there's an aspect of thinking that like masculine presenting women like don't have like deep emotions, you know, like that they're so guarded and all these things, and it's like, no, like the opposite me included, it's I'm a sensitive little baby.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: This is facts, straight up fact can at test.
Speaker 3: But it's also like that's that's pretty commonplace for you know, masks or feminine women. You know, like the emotions are there no matter what, no matter how like whether or not you're wearing heels or a hat.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, what about sitting on a woman's life lap?
Speaker 1: Now this is like that's a non start. Yeah for me, I'm definitely more comfortable being the one being sat on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, really, am I sitting in your lap right now?
Speaker 1: I would feel like a large child. I don't know, but you're not large, But that's how I feel. I would feel so awkward. Yeah, it's like weird. Now why it's so weird that? But I would like someone on my lap? Yeah, it's funny. I feel like we need we need to pull grown here can be the one who's happy to be sitting on the lap. It's probably people that surprise you, like LG. It looks like she could sit on some laps.
Speaker 2: Even though you wouldn't, it would surprise you because she's you know, I think that's an interesting one.
Speaker 1: I mean, but I think that goes to everything we're saying is, yeah, people can either present a certain way or be received certain way. And as far as like masculinity or femininity, but like behind the curtain, they're someone totally different, right, And it doesn't and that's amazing. It doesn't have to be that you're a masculine person, so that means you carry all this masculine energy, right, you cann't be both totally.
Speaker 3: And I think that's a good point too, because it's like, even if you are one of the clop clop Lesbian likes to.
Speaker 5: Point out, they might feel really good.
Speaker 1: In that outfit, Yeah, totally, even if.
Speaker 3: That's like not maybe conveying as in our opinion, but I mean, that's how they feel comfortable and good.
Speaker 5: So go for it.
Speaker 3: I think that's the biggest thing too, is like that that letting go of like what other people are expecting for you to present as, and that was something I had to do for sure.
Speaker 2: What about also just talk about how long I mean when I think, well, the style, for one thing, is not as feminine, like people don't wait as feminine clothes anymore anyway, So it's like the style kind of has gone along with my sexual sexuality evolution. But now it's like to think about putting on that girly outfit. I know, I did the dress for the wedding and I felt great in it, but like to think about wearing some of that stuff now. I could have two summers ago, so it hasn't been that long, but now it would feel weird.
Speaker 1: So it's like, what's happened.
Speaker 5: Do you think it correlates with cutting your hair shorter?
Speaker 1: Oh? Man, I don't know. Yeah maybe good. Yeah that's scary. I mean I have I have clothes that I bought two summers ago that I cannot wear anymore, like either shorts that are just too short, Yes, that's what I mean in them, or tops that are more feminine. It's easier for me with tops than shorts summertime right now. But yeah, like it's I'm definitely still going through an evolution of like fashion and how I how what I feel good in, you know, as far right like just but that's again that's also just outward appearances, like I'm a I'm a giant baby when it comes to like emotional things and I want someone to hold me, hold me. Said that, like oh this week and now I propped her up on my couch two days ago. I put a pillow.
Speaker 2: I said, Robin, you just lay down. I'm gonna get a pillow under those knees.
Speaker 1: I brought my kids over and Alie's like, don't you worry. I'm making a plate full of cookies. They can have all the juice, and they want the best her little one.
Speaker 2: I saved the message. Her little one left me of an audio message that.
Speaker 1: Said get we come over, and I.
Speaker 2: Literally was like, you can move in here, like you can do anything you want exactly.
Speaker 1: I know my like, I know my kids are comfortable here now because the first ten times they came over, they were like perfectly well behaved, super quiet. I mean, my kids are good kids generally speaking. But when we were here on Sunday, they were the older two were like wrestling each other on the window seed and like whining about stuff. And I was like, cool, we've reached that phase. Yeah. I was glad for it. I was gold.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I guess everybody does want to be held like no matter whether you're femme.
Speaker 1: Or not, like that feels good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But in my long relationship, I wasn't the mask one. Yeah, you know, I would say we were both. I mean I was tomboy balanced there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I don't know, I guess you evolved a little bit while.
Speaker 5: You were in that relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like initially, yes, I would have said that she was the more like androgynous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you kind of shifted, but I felt like your roles were very equal.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say again, I feel like saying I was the more masculine I was or wasn't the more masculine one. It feels like you're mostly that to like outward appearances still.
Speaker 2: Well, or just even the feeling of like like we talked about like Saturday, like.
Speaker 1: Being in my power.
Speaker 2: Yeahs if somebody needs me, if somebody like physically needs me, that feels like lovely like and I want to be I think this. I hope this doesn't come back to haunt me, but I want to be bigger than someone I don't want to be like have be like I don't know, like that's weird to I'm not big by any means, but like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually just had the same thought because I've always had kind of a complex about my height. Like I was taller than all the boys and the girls in middle school had had an early gross burt. Okay, so I've always kind of had a complex about my height. But now I'm surrounded by a lot of women who are like my height, yeah, or even taller. But I've I've always thought like I would want to date someone who's the same size as me, Yeah, like not somebody who's smaller right, and like here I am, I found myself dating mostly women who are smaller than it doesn't feel it actually feels great. I know that feeling of like being able to put my arms around someone you know and be that kind of have that protective feeling.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean, that protective feeling relate to that. But okay, well, I'm going to bring up the part that you were like, I don't know if I can go there.
Speaker 1: But the bedroom part cool because it is like sometimes.
Speaker 2: People surprise you who you think would be so like not yeah, the dominant kind of person in the bedroom.
Speaker 1: Then it flips yeah, I mean, I think again it goes back to the beauty of being with women that I am learning and continuing to learn is it doesn't have to be set as one way or the other. Like the person who may present physically out to the world as more masculine might not be the more masculine or more dominant person when it comes to sex. And I think, I mean, there probably are people out there who are much more comfortable being always the initiator or always the one like receiving. Generally speaking, I think it's more common that women are comfortable doing both, right, and again with kind of the fluidity that we were talking about before, that applies to sex too with women, like there isn't a traditional role of who needs to be doing what at any given time. You kind of balance each other out and can read each other's language and know, you know, I I need to be taken care of more. Now it's time to flip you this.
Speaker 6: Way, this way, or like maybe tonight I want to initiate first, but like I'm gonna you know, your tables are going to turn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, God willing, God willing, they will know they will.
Speaker 3: But I also think that some of this kind of like speaks to how there can be like miscommunication in like a reallylationship with two women. It's like if you're not communicating like that you want to cook and that you don't want to mow the lawn or whatever, Like how does that work? Like if you're not actually talking about it. Yeah, I think there is a lot of like expectations of like mind reading sometimes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like you should know to do that, yeah, or if you're not communicating that this is how I like it in the bedroom, that's on you too, Like I whipped you don't want to be over Okay.
Speaker 2: Sorry, and I like flipping you, so flip the fuck over.
Speaker 1: Communication is key in all objects of life. Yes, oh that's really funny.
Speaker 2: No, I think it can be surprising, and of course, like a lot of people are switches, but there are a lot of women out there who aren't.
Speaker 1: Like they they're one way. But it's like, think about with a man you would never have like I think.
Speaker 2: Most men this is such a generalization, but there is that stereotype, that trope of like the man wants it and she's like constantly having to do it like that to me, and they are like driving that situation happening, where with women it is way more balanced.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank god, I know, right, Yeah, God, it's sure if.
Speaker 3: You're a man listening and you're expecting that stop it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, And I guess if you're married a long time, I'm sure that things shift right whether it's a man or a woman.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think it goes back to what Melissa brought up. Is communication, Like if you are feeling a certain way about how things are going, or if you're not up for initiating or you just talking about it is key. I mean, being able to communicate what you like or what you want to try, or what you don't like. I mean, I just think again, it's all about communicating with your partner and finding the balance of what works for both of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, and that takes confidence absolutely, Like I think there's a lot of people out there who couldn't couldn't verbal.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: There was a whole thing with Gwyneth Paltrow I think did it where it's like people have such a hard time like describing what they want, like explicitly what they want, and they did this thing where they were like having each other. It's awkward to even say, like having each other like rub each other's hand, and it would be like I want you to tell me how you want your hand rubbed, while I'm like rubbing your hand, And it's just like this weird feeling of like telling someone how to it not to me, like I'll say it all day long. But I think that like that watching this awkward interaction was.
Speaker 1: This hetero sexual relationship, I think it was hetero, but it was just like trying to it was trying to show how like it is difficult for a lot of people to like like if someone's giving you a massage, just a friend and you're like, Okay, now go deeper on the right, move a little this way, this way, harder, harder. I have a friend.
Speaker 5: A friend is giving you assa.
Speaker 1: What friend do you have? I get massages all the time. I mean, I will say I think in my marriage, and I mean I'm speaking for myself here, but definitely it was there was a lack of communication in exactly what you're saying, like the ability to be comfortable saying can you scratch my hand in this way? That's what I'm saying. Differently, yeah, but now I would say, I mean, I'm not gonna be that way with somebody the first time I ever have sex with them, but hopefully pretty quickly you're comfortable enough to say I do or don't like that, or I like it this way instead of that way, or you know. But it's going to depend on the person that you're with and like how comfortable you are with them.
Speaker 2: And and I think really like just psa, there's nothing hotter than someone telling you what they like.
Speaker 1: So to me, it's like, don't.
Speaker 2: Say it absolutely so I think, like, no, that's you don't need to be shy about that piece. I've never ever heard a woman say it was so weird. She was like telling me what she likes, Like that doesn't happen.
Speaker 5: When I was with men.
Speaker 3: There was an aspect though of like where I couldn't verbalize what I wanted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're probably like I don't want any of it.
Speaker 3: I know, but that's like my brain couldn't like form those thoughts that that's what was going on. It was more so like, oh, like what should I want right now? Like what should I say?
Speaker 5: And it was like I came, I just couldn't think of what to say. Yeah, and I'm like, let me.
Speaker 1: Bring it on. I'm going to tell you exactly what I want exactly. But it takes a while too to get clear on that.
Speaker 2: Like, I think I talked about that about my kids when they were you know, we talked about sex all the time. But as they've gotten older, even like I feel like I want them to be so well versed in what they like so that they're not like spending time just giving themselves to people can't please them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know. Yeah, because my parent we never talked about it. I wish I had those kind of conversations.
Speaker 5: I don't know that I.
Speaker 3: Wish it would have happened, but you know, it would have been like a little helpful in some circumstances, but yeah, that would have felt I don't know if my family was not like that, but it is one of those things where I do feel like you have a responsibility as a parent to like talk to your kids about and especially like consent too, like from from both ways, Like right, as a woman, you should be expecting to be consented with. You know, you don't have to do whatever this guy is pushing you to.
Speaker 5: Do or girl or girl or girl exactly facts, but.
Speaker 1: It's also just think about like and you guys may.
Speaker 2: Be different, but I had sex with lots of guys pre marriage, and I don't I can count like on one I can. I mean I can almost like remember the times that I thought it was like wildly good. Yeah, And so that's how I know, like I didn't know what I needed exactly, how the hell are they gonna know what I need?
Speaker 5: Same?
Speaker 1: I just had this conversation, yeah, like a week ago exactly. That's why I'm saying I wish I had had those conversations when I was younger. I mean, my family wasn't that way either, and I definitely wasn't having those conversations, but if I had, I would have known myself so much better, so much earlier, right, And I think that would have just been really valuable. I mean, I am where I am today and there's no changing that, and you know all the things that we all feel as like later in life lesbians, but absolutely I will be having those conversations with my kids so that they know themselves. Yeah, and they know the kind of people that they want to spend time with and be with and in every way not just related to sex, but just people who make you feel good.
Speaker 2: Totally and make you feel like yourself, and I think make it a priority. I mean you think about like men, I'm sure they would they want you to be happy, but it wasn't like their goal is to make sure they have a good time during that experience, like that's their number one goal. And I think that's another difference with women. I mean, I'm responsible for my own like having it be good, but I do think like with women, there I also feel I want to learn, like I want to know it all and I want to figure it out, and maybe that takes months, maybe it takes years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, I mean I think biologically, men are wired differently and they literally are more one track minded, yeah, for themselves exactly, And women are more wired to want to please everyone. Yeah, themselves and their partners or whoever you know it is in question, right, So I think that's another benefit.
Speaker 2: That's another benefit, and part of pleasing you is pleasing themselves, which is.
Speaker 1: Knowing yourself, being able to communicate what you liked, yeah the other person exactly. Yeah, totally. I like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the other thing too.
Speaker 3: It's like for me, like being with a woman and pleasing a woman is so much more, Like I get so much more out of it than I ever did when I was like with a man, Yeah it work.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's the whole gay thing.
Speaker 1: Maybe you were gay. But also like with guys, like there's no learning anything. It's just like okay, like.
Speaker 5: Do the thing.
Speaker 1: It's like you're happy like people. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So there's so much more And I know that there's more to it than that. In a straight person would be like that's not true. All this other stuff happens, but the bottom line is he's he's getting off in no time exactly.
Speaker 1: Like with women, it's like there's endless possibilities and endless possibilities.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Are you blushing yet, Melissa? No hot lot, your kids hiding upstairs.
Speaker 8: Virgineers around here are the dog So you know, tell me about a time both of you that you did feel all like feminine and like you felt like, Oh, I feel like I'm in my.
Speaker 2: Feminine I'm in my feminine energy and I like it right now.
Speaker 1: Related to sex, no, just life recently anytime. I mean, I've been very emotional a lot recently, and that to me feels like the feminine side of me. Okay, and I although it can be really hard to be so emotional, like, not everybody can access that part of themselves. For me, it just happens like without my consent. I just I mean, I just like feel things really deeply. But I love that about myself too, And to me that feels like a very feminine part of me. Is that I'm very in tune with my emotions and I feel them really deeply and it helps me move through them. Yeah. But I mean not that I've not that I'm like, yay, be super emotional, like that's the act of it is not necessarily fun or I forget how you asked the question. But definitely I can recognize that that is like part of my femininity, and I love that about myself.
Speaker 2: I don't like I do. I said that to you the other day. I was like, I don't know why I don't cry. Yeah, like I wish I did. I think it would be better for me. I said it in therapy today. I was like, I never get I don't just like start crying even though I'm sad.
Speaker 3: You tried my trick of watching sad movies, but is that going.
Speaker 2: To be the same release as if I'm crying. I mean, don't get me wrong, I have cried, but I will say, this particular weekend, just let it flow. This particular weekend, three different women cried.
Speaker 1: To me, three three, And when one of them is sitting in three different women and one of them, I looked at her and I said, I can't. I can't have two women crying here at the same time.
Speaker 2: So everybody can cry.
Speaker 1: So I literally am like, what's wrong with me? I've got to get some tears worked out.
Speaker 5: It's because you can't.
Speaker 1: It's I know it sub else they just bring it. But it's like women, it's like part of the balance of friendship too, is like there can be like feminine femininity and masculinity and friendships and you can. It's I think really important to have that balance in like all the relationships in your life because if you just if it's just everybody pouring out their emotions, nobody can be the supportive person. I mean, I've I know, that's what I'm saying. But like during that time, I was able to be like more of a steady You were very I cry. Yes, okay, you did you know how to cry? I can do it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean sometimes it can be if you are a metation. I don't know that can keep you from crying. That happened to me last summer. Yeah, so yeah, I had such a block and I stopped taking the medication for it because I was just like, I can't live.
Speaker 5: Like this because it's like you can feel it in your body and I don't know I need the release.
Speaker 3: But I went for years of my life, like when I was married without crying at all, and then when I started to realize everything about my sexuality, I was like crying constantly.
Speaker 1: Same same. I feel like I lived a decade I mean even more than that of my life at like a very even keel as far as emotions, and that was safe for a while. And now the last four or five years, I have felt like the highest highs and the lowest lows.
Speaker 2: I've been there for some of the highest and they're really fun. Melissa, your highs are ten out of ten.
Speaker 1: I want to go back to the question because Melissa hasn't answered it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when if you felt feminine, and then mine's going to be so off the chain.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess I kind of have to piggyback off of Robin's because that's probably when I feel the most.
Speaker 5: Is like, because I can be.
Speaker 3: Emotional, I do hide it a lot from people, but I'm one of those people that like it builds up and I just can't stand it anymore.
Speaker 5: That's probably the thing that comes to mind.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think otherwise of like, like, because I don't feel like I lately I've like dressed feminine at all, It's kind of answering.
Speaker 1: Mine my laundry.
Speaker 2: I was letting all my laundry like build up because I'm going on vacation tomorrow and so I'm going to do like one have it already, so I was down to like barely in the underwear left. And so I ended up last night getting in bed after my shower and like a pretty sexy pair of girly.
Speaker 1: Underwear and like a white like a white V neck.
Speaker 2: And I thought, for a minute, I'm like, I'm kind of like a sexy woman right now, like I'm not, I'm not my normal mask.
Speaker 1: Like getting in bed with my big socks in my big old way.
Speaker 2: Literally, I looked in the pot and I was having a really for some reason, like very flat stomach, good body day.
Speaker 1: So then I was like, I don't and that doesn't always happen.
Speaker 2: So I was also just like in these great underwear, and I sort of felt like feeling yourself.
Speaker 1: I was feeling like I need a I don't. I don't need a man, but I was feeling girly. The real question is you sleep with clothes on.
Speaker 2: I sleep with a T shirt, and I take my underwear off after about thirty to forty five minutes. It feels good to me to have socks and underwear on.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the thing.
Speaker 2: I get in bed with socks and underwear and then I allow myself the joy of then taking them off because then it's like cold sheet on me.
Speaker 1: Is it because you're cold getting into your bed so you need the layers?
Speaker 2: No, it's joy I know I'm gonna get in thirty minutes. Yeah, when you take the socks off and then your feet are like stretched out, I'm like, good sheets.
Speaker 1: Wow, delayed gratification. It's delayed. God. Do I want one marshmallow now or two later? I'll take two later. Interesting concept. Yeah, you guys, I take it.
Speaker 5: I'm always sleeping in underwear and a T shirt at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Same. I that was my pajama go to for the first thirty five years of my life, give or take, but not anymore. Now you're naked. It's nothing now with the kids. I don't care about the kids, but so liberating. Yeah, I love it so much.
Speaker 5: When back kids.
Speaker 3: I think that's why I got in the habit of it, is because I'm like, you never know when they're.
Speaker 5: Coming in, or they might need something, or I have to jump out of it.
Speaker 1: I think I might have it easier because I have only girls, so and there's they're young enough that they're they don't care. And actually my middle child now likes to sleep naked every once in a while because I do, so she like, I want to sleep naked, Like why do I have to wear clothes? Yeah, I'm girl, yeah, but yeah. I mean I think friends of other friends of mine who have boys, it's like they were forced to start wearing clothes again after their kid reached a certain age because of that, because it's like awkward now, But I don't know. For me, I so far, at least, it's been fine, trusting, and it's very liberating. The only time I wear clothes to go to bed is in the middle of winter and I'm freezing, but I always take it off, like once I warm up under the sheets.
Speaker 5: I want to be like warm.
Speaker 1: I like to be cool. I need to get in my bed cool.
Speaker 2: Do you think though, that like part of that wearing clothes when you're married, because I do remember, like being very careful not to turn him on, like whatever it takes, Like if I if I would take my underwear off, I would know a thousand percent.
Speaker 1: I mean, for me, it was like a part of my like undoing of everything was sleeping naked for the first time like a year probably posts separating and being like, oh my god, this feels amazing. Hell, you know, it's like so liberate. I'm gonna try it tonight. You should worried about a fire, right Melissa, You're so doom and gloom.
Speaker 5: But wait, if you.
Speaker 2: Get a fire, though, why couldn't you Oh, because you have to run outside naked?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you can't grab a T shirt on your way out because I have.
Speaker 5: To go in my bathroom, in the closet, find a teacher.
Speaker 1: Okay, mine's on the way. I mean I could easily, you guys tat them.
Speaker 2: Had to fire a couple of years ago in her building. Her walk up, okay, and she's on the eighth floor. But there was a fire, a real fire, so when she opened the door, it was like smoke. So she had to use the fire escape like you see in Friends, you know, when they sat out on the fire escape, so they had to drop the thing.
Speaker 1: But she was in a T shirt, underwear, no shoes and had her her cats and her roommate climbing down the fucking fire escape.
Speaker 2: She's like, I'm in New York City in the East Village, barefoot, like it just like krawlic clawing all over her terrified, terrified, terrified.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, if she would have been naked. What would she have done? I mean, I live on a dead end street. I can go in my backyard or my front yard. Nobody's gonna see me, and who the fuck cares.
Speaker 5: What the fire truck shows up?
Speaker 1: But so T shirts underwear though, But yeah, maybe you know what, maybe I'll have a stash somewhere away from my house that I have a go to place like that. I have a secret stash.
Speaker 5: A T shirt, a safety ladder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, do you? Of course you do? Melissa? Are you a prepper?
Speaker 3: I'm not a prepper, though I do have a lot of like extra water on hand just in case.
Speaker 1: What do you call the bag that they like you grab a go bag? Go? Yeah, go back. It's a go bag. Oh I like that.
Speaker 3: I did have one of those when I lived in Florida, but that was also.
Speaker 1: Like hurricane Okay, so yeah, with.
Speaker 5: Hurricanes you can be a little bit more prepared.
Speaker 1: I guess I think you have time to get dressed. I am going to try to.
Speaker 2: I'll try tonight for the sleeping and see what happens. I'm wondering if my shoulders will feel exposed.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm fully underburrowed under the sheets. Other than my head and I have an eyemass on, so there's not a lot of skin hanging out. Yeah, all underneath protected.
Speaker 5: And what about three pillows?
Speaker 1: I have a ship ton of pillows. I know. It's really a problem. Huge.
Speaker 5: It can be a probe with people. And it's like there's one pillow in the bed.
Speaker 1: That's not I'm not sleeping. Red flag, red flag, red flag.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Also, I find you a girl who is good with only one pillow because I'm taking the rest. Yeah, exactly, that's what robin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, put that on your list of things.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: I did date someone who had who wore sweat, like would start the night in sweats.
Speaker 1: And I was like, this is annoying.
Speaker 2: Like this isn't I didn't go through all this to come out and be here sets on.
Speaker 1: We need to be skinned to skin. Take your pants off. If you're going to stay here, take your pants, take your pants off, and let me have all the pillows.
Speaker 3: Here's the masculine energy, exactly.
Speaker 1: But switching it up, I like to be the little spoon at night that surprises me for ten minutes and then go about your way. Wait a minute, in the morning, I'm going to spoon you Okay, I like to do that. Wait yeah, wait, you want to be the little spoon. H Okay. I don't want my pillows. I want to be able to hold my pillows, but I want someone to hold me. Why can't you hold her instead of the pillows? Hope me? Because because I want to be held.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, trying not to judge. Beautiful You are a beautiful Oh I sound like unless I can't even picture you being held, this is getting weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was. That has been surprising in circumstances where they're like huh, but you're like present as like masculine whatever, But then you want to want to be held. Do they want to go the whole spoon too, No, they want to be the big spoon. So it like works out yin yang exactly. Okay, it may have taken a little convincing, but you know it's worth it. Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: I can't get comfortable being the big spoon, Like I don't know where.
Speaker 1: The same of my arm I get hot, Like if they give a lot of heat.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have to be all night. It's just like a short term commitment.
Speaker 1: I mean add that to my hinch profile must be comfortable being the big spoon.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Okay, that actually, really, I'm glad I know this about you.
Speaker 1: I did not know this before.
Speaker 2: You are shocking Melissa that I would never have thought. Yep, okay, because I'm thinking back to people you've dated and.
Speaker 1: Now I'm like trying to picture them behind you, and I can't.
Speaker 5: Spoon.
Speaker 1: They're too little. Nope, nope, nope nope. How long does the holding last? Not that long? Ten minutes? Okay? Who pushes away first? I don't know, Okay, so it's probably depends on the day. How about you.
Speaker 5: If I'm little spoon, then I'm not moving.
Speaker 1: Right, no, yes, so they move when they get comfortable, fully comfortable and relaxed with my body pillow and my human and my human. And that's another that's another benefit of being a little spoon is I'm not moving.
Speaker 2: No, okay, So you just stay and they get tired of holding you and they rush away.
Speaker 1: And that's where I feel so good in my feminine.
Speaker 2: Yeah that okay, that is your feminine. That's that's the question. Okay, that's one of the moments where I feel so good in my feminine. That is very feminine. Actually bringing on yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, guys, we'll have we solved the problem. Mask.
Speaker 5: I think I think we understand there's a balance here.
Speaker 1: The point is it's fluid and there doesn't have It doesn't have to be one way or the other. It can be everything, all right.
Speaker 5: Guys can have all the things.
Speaker 1: You can have it all. Guys, you can have it all. None of us do, but you guys can.
Speaker 2: We haven't seemed to get there yet, but you guys can.
Speaker 1: Have it all.
Speaker 5: Don't worry about us.
Speaker 2: On that note, these two are gonna start crying. I'm gonna wrap this thing right, all right, my guys.
Speaker 5: I want to support the Lesbian Chronicles podcast. Rate us and write a review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Speaker 1: We'd love listener feedback. If you'd like to share your story.
Speaker 2: Email us at Melissa and Ali at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: That's Melissa M. E. L I. S A and Ali A L. L I at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Or follow us on Instagram at Lesbian Chronicles