Speaker 1: JB's hygiene thing that he does twice a year that women are more familiar with than men, has changed my life, changed my life, all right, that's coming up in just a second. It's the JB and Sandy Show. Grab the podcast version. If you can't be here for the full hour, just search the Sandy Show and look for the ones labeled the JB and Sandy Show. We'll do it again tomorrow morning at seven o'clock. And before we get the JB's Hygiene Thing, let's do the fruitcake song.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's my favorite time a year. I'd like to serve a festive cheer. I have so much unfinished business. I'll be trimming my big tree while Santa slides down my chimney because I'm having me a fruitcake for Christmas. This will toe over the door. Just watch some leather from the store. Everything is looking so precious. I'll be drinking my eggnog while I'm selling my yule log. Yes, I'm having me a fruitcake for Christmas.
Speaker 1: My favorite show.
Speaker 3: Tunes on the stairy and I feel that special blow. My lover's coming, don't you know, just call me a ho ho ho. Well, we met up at the mall, and I said that I would call and fix up the dinners, the scrumptuous, the special moments near Santa's gonna come this year.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm having me a fruitcake for Christmas. Oh, I'm having me a fruitcake for Christmas. Oh, jolly Saint Nick, Little Dickens, Jamie.
Speaker 1: Should the guys singing that song do your hygiene thing? Should you be right? Yeah? Because that's me? All right? What is it? All right?
Speaker 4: Twice a year, I get to do this. If you do it more than twice a year, it can be harmful.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Women do this are probably familiar with it. Guys are not.
Speaker 1: Guys. You should start. It will change world.
Speaker 4: I did it two days ago, so I'm reaping the benefits.
Speaker 1: You say, it's play. It's good for days. It's fun for days, fun for days. Okay, it's good for months. Okay, I do this.
Speaker 4: I'm holding up a box for those of you watching video, the foot peel.
Speaker 1: Foot peel. Now, move the box a little close to your face so I can see it. You see this, Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like they're they're a little well, I can't really show you.
Speaker 1: They're in these little pouches.
Speaker 4: And then you cut the top off and you slade your foot in it and then just soak in the pouch for like an hour, and.
Speaker 1: Then two three days later you have a glass of it.
Speaker 4: But then two three days later it's like it's like a cheese grater, Like you can just grab.
Speaker 1: A piece of skin and just I mean, it is amazing. So you put how long have you put your feet into the thing for? For like an hour? An hour?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And if you do it more than twice a year, it's it's it's it's a little too much. But twice a year, I do it, like around the New Year and then just going into the beginning of summer because I'm always in flip flops. Yeah, you know, driving a boat for my daughter, Yeah, for her wakes, her school, you know, and I didn't want Yeah, people can see like the heels of my feet because I'm in front of them, and it just I started doing this a few years ago and it is just awesome.
Speaker 6: But the level of skin peeling, the degree to which the skin peals, did it freak you out the first time because.
Speaker 4: It's the very first time I did it. Yeah, I was like, oh my gosh, what have I done? And then and then you know, my wife hates it when I do it because she finds pieces of scandal over.
Speaker 1: Oh, Tricia would kill.
Speaker 5: Me, you would flip out.
Speaker 6: I find bitten off fingernails randomly around the house, and I discuss, those are all fingernails, They're not all fingernails.
Speaker 5: Your toenails.
Speaker 6: To tell them what was on the floor of your bedroom the other day, Sandy, I have to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you don't, I will, So you do it.
Speaker 1: So true, all right, Tricia walked in and Trisia's got this. I don't know if all people do this, Maybe they do. Tricia immediately walks in. We sleep in separate bedrooms, and she's always looking at the floor in my room for like things that shouldn't be on the floor, Like why it's always.
Speaker 5: Pick everything's on the floor.
Speaker 1: And so she picked something up and she handed to me. She goes, what is this And it's just shrimp.
Speaker 6: From his Chinese food that it flipped out of his box and it was just a shrimp on the floor, Like, oh, that's where I keep my shrimp kind of attitude.
Speaker 1: Back to the foot peel. Now, I've seen these before, but this sounds like some souped up one that does this with the skin peeling. I mean it's just twice of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just it just peels automatically. It's it's and it's really fun to peel off big chunks. Yeah, like a chunk at a time. It just feels so good.
Speaker 1: You should get one of those like cheese greater things and just rub it on there.
Speaker 4: Right, that would on the heels you kind of have to. It doesn't quite get into the calluses on your heels. You know, Dudes shouldn't have janky feet, No, nobody feet and Sandy will attest to this. I'm surprised you haven't brought it up already. But like so back in like the late nineties, in the nineties, like everyone in Austin were flip flops all the time, all the time, didn't matter what the case, it didn't matter if you were having dinner at Jeffrey's, your iron flip flops. And I had a stinky foot problem.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I wasn't going to bring it up. Yeah, I definitely had it. And and this has fixed that problem. And now I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't wear flip flops as much as I used to. I've gotten a a little more civilized. But but I had a real flip problem, you know, and so this change that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, fresh skin twice a year.
Speaker 6: Oh, I had no idea what you're gonna say. I thought it was like a Bobo cleans or something. I didn't know what was happening.
Speaker 1: I didn't know until I met Tricia that you can throw your flip flops in the washing machine.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that flip flops can get stinky, you get real nasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so you can order this stuff on Amazon, I'm guessing yeah, yeah, they probably have them at at you know, CBS or something like that, if you but if you if you want them right away, if you can't wait till tomorrow for your feet, you take real good care your feet.
Speaker 5: No, I take good care of my feet, and I've seen those.
Speaker 6: But I when I saw like a video or a diagram when it was showing the amount of skin that peels off, it totally freaked me out.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I was like, I can't do it. I can't. And then you say it last for days.
Speaker 4: The peeling Yeah, yeah, I'm like, I'm a few days.
Speaker 6: No off and skin everywhere, Well, you just wear socks.
Speaker 1: But but Yeah, it's like if you've got.
Speaker 4: Someone in your family with janky feet, like put this in their stocking. It's like a suggestion because it makes a world of difference.
Speaker 6: Like when people give you offer you gum, like you want some gum because I have a bad breast, Like, really have some gum.
Speaker 1: I work one of these for Christmas. I want to peel my feet.
Speaker 6: No, you can go visit your parents and peel your nasty feet at their house, because I can't handle shreds and feet skin around the house on the floor.
Speaker 1: So coming up, we're gonna share with you some stuff to do on New Year's Eve. And there is one show that we're gonna tell you about, and I'm gonna go off on the guide that's performing because I've been more than this. I've been disappointed with him more than once, and I will never ever spend one red penny to see him again. All Right, we'll tell you who it is and all that stuff coming up line at www dot r dot bang. Remember fdic Jav's gonna share with us some stuff to do on New Year's Eve? Will you saved that one dude for last? To give me a little bit of time to go off on it, and I can save some people the disappointment that I, Tricia and I have suffered more than once with that.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm kidding. I'm good at it. I'm really good at holding grudges. And if you're just joining us, you missed out. We talked about Texas and Clemson this weekend Texas at twelve point favorite that's a three o'clock kickoff at dk R. Also, Tricia told us that yesterday we were talking about some movies that were filmed in Texas being recognized and put into the Library of Congress, and we thought we were a real fancy turns out we're not. They're putting Cheech and Chong in there. I mean most really not that big of a deal. Also played the Fruitcake song and JB told us about his amazing foot what do you call it? Foot peel? Foot peel? Change my world?
Speaker 5: Having skin on your feet? Try to foot peel?
Speaker 1: Kind of gross? Hum, I'm gonna do it that. Will you give me one for Christmas?
Speaker 5: I'm really not.
Speaker 1: I'll just bring you one of these packs. I'm going to see you at some point here the next week or so.
Speaker 4: I'll bring you on and you you will have, especially the first time you do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have so much fun.
Speaker 5: He's gonna make me look at it.
Speaker 6: He's gonna be like, come and peel some and our daughter's gonna want appeal, and y'all are going to be disgusting.
Speaker 5: I do not support this, just y.
Speaker 1: I New Year's Eve right around the corner. People have already made plans, are making plans, and we've got some suggestions for you of things happening in and around Austin. What you got JP?
Speaker 4: Here a few I won't do the like the some of the restaurants and are doing, like dinner parties. I'll skip those, okay, with kind of the bigger things, I guess.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Charlie Crockett and Balloon Drop at acl live at the Moody Theater.
Speaker 1: Balloon Drops not a band, that's actually what they're doing, right, Yeah?
Speaker 6: Great awesome name for a band, Balloon Drop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there what was the name they always sees the free beer?
Speaker 1: Yeah Drop?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: What happens in Vegas?
Speaker 4: Party at Eberley on South Lamar A couple of bigger ones like uh, Gatsby's New Year New Year's Eve party at Brazos Hall. I imagine that's a pretty big event center five bucks to three hundred bucks for a ticket.
Speaker 1: I'm a buddy that he younger guy, and he went to that and he admitted he told me before I'm really just going to meet girls, and I'm like, all right, cool, And then afterwards he said it was really cool. He said he says he's like twenty four, twenty five years old, but he said it was a lot of fun. Okay, cool, and his buddies put it on so and then the downtown, the JW.
Speaker 4: Marriott is having a New Year's Eve soire starting at eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: Tickets start at one hundred and twenty five bucks.
Speaker 4: The one we talked about last week is probably the biggest free thing you could do would be New Year's Eve at Auditorium Shores with third eye blind.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: That is cool.
Speaker 1: And then we established that it's not Auditorium Shores anymore. It's got a new name, vic Matteas Shores.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it doesn't really roll off the tongue Victororium Shores.
Speaker 1: If you're an old.
Speaker 4: Lust and I just say Auditorium Shores, it's all right, sorry, sorry. And then the one I guess this is a hot button with you. I don't know why. This sounds like it would be fun, but apparently maybe not. New Year's Eve at Green Hall with Pat Green.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Nope, Nope, nope, nope, No.
Speaker 7: Take our nine five dollars, sure, ninety five bucks to probably see Pat Green stumble around on stage and not know the words to.
Speaker 5: His songs and able to sing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and tell stories that no one knows what he's talking about, and just you speak from experience. Twice twice twice once once it's Stubbs went to go see him. He was so drunk he fell down and I was with you at that one, yeah, and then quite a while ago, and then a.
Speaker 6: Segre But then we were like, you know what, he just had too much fun.
Speaker 5: It's fine, it's Pack Green. We love his songs. Let's let's try.
Speaker 1: Let's go again, right, So we bought tickets to see him a cl live at the Moody Theater and that was a fundraiser, I think for American Cancer Associations something like that, and so we went. It was the same thing again. It's like, you know, and it was like, you know, got a babysitter for tonight. We buy tickets. We came all the way for us down from Cedar Park to downtown and this is what we get. Thank god you okay, you know what I mean. And thank god for Corey Morrow because he put on a hell of a show. He opened up show and he was great. But man, I just felt, Pat, you've done this to me twice now and do it again.
Speaker 6: And like his fourth song, like people we saw Corey Morrow here was great. A couple of times Pat came out during Corey set and it was.
Speaker 5: Kind of weird and kind of weird. Yeah, and I.
Speaker 6: Was like, that's weird. Whatever, he's just excited for a set. And then when he came out, only thing you can't understand him and everybody started get into leaving after like the fourth song.
Speaker 1: Look, if you're going to see I'm thinking about the person that spent their ninety five bucks for a ticket to see. You're rolling the dice. Maybe you know.
Speaker 4: When you when you painted the picture that you did, it's like it wasn't respectful for your time and money right times.
Speaker 5: One time is forgivable, but two times was too much.
Speaker 1: And we were super excited about it because we love Pat's music recorded, you know, like it's good stuff, but I don't know have fun at green Hall. Just say that's a rough combination for mister green green Hall, New Year's Eve, Yeah, what could possibly go wrong?