Speaker 1: Welcome to Skin and Soul. I'm Gwenemkarsley, a transformational body, sex and Soul coach, and I'm inviting you on a bold, unfiltered journey into the heart of our humanity through the lens of arrows. This is where we strip away the shame, dive into the unspoken, and embrace the wild, raw truth of our desires.
Speaker 2: Together we'll crack.
Speaker 1: Open the taboo and cover our deepest intimacies and.
Speaker 2: Awaken the pulse of our sexual essence.
Speaker 1: Because real transformation it's messy, it's thrilling, and it's.
Speaker 2: Oh so delicious.
Speaker 1: Buckle up, loves, Skin and Soul. Beyond the Pale starts in three two one. Let's go hi there and welcome. I'm Gwenhem I'm your host of Skin and Soul Beyond the Pale, where we get to talk about what it means to be profoundly human through the lens of arrows, which yes, means yummy's sexuality and euphoria and bliss and all the yummy stuff as well as the ikey and the guck, like the shame, the fear and all of that stuff.
Speaker 2: That comes with it.
Speaker 1: And I am in conversation today with Maria Marloney, who is a sex and relationship coach, sacred sexuality educator, and author of The Naked Truth How becoming a stripper saved my life, which I loved.
Speaker 2: I was just talking about it.
Speaker 1: I love it because it's in I want to say, it's done in such natural language.
Speaker 2: It's your voice.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm sitting in the living room with you. So, first of all, welcome for being here.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you so much. I'm very excited to be here.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna be talking about a lot of yummy stuff today, everything from women's Yoni massages to the life of stripping and coming out and finding your authentic life purpose. And I just want people to get a little bit of background about how you got to where you are.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let's see. So first, it was a therapist, right, I've been a therapist now for over thirty years, if you can believe. And I wanted to become a life coach. So I signed up for the program, which was in California while I was living in Massachusetts, where I still live, and I didn't know how I was going to pay for it, right, I knew I wanted to do it. I knew it was my next step, but I was like, oh, I'll figure out the details later. So I was telling I had this. My daughter at the time was like five or six years old, and she was on a playdate, and so I was talking to the other little girl's mother and I said, yeah, I signed up for this life coaching, you know, school, I don't know how I'm going to pay for it. And she said, oh. I didn't realize she was an exotic dancer, and she said, oh, why don't you just try dancing. It's really easy and you'll make a lot of money. And I was like, oh, why don't I just do that? Most women and at the time, I was thirty seven, right, which is pretty old really to be yesterber. Most women would not just say, Okay, maybe I'll do that. But I'm an unusual person and I'm comfortable showing my body. So I did it, and I realized that number one. I totally loved it. I had a blast right away. I could definitely pay for school that way. And then it started to dawn on me like I wasn't just going to become this sort of like generic life coach. I was going to be a coach that specialized in sex and relationships, because that's always been my thing. You know, since I was a teenager, people have been asking me questions about sex, so somehow like they knew that I was the person to ask. So I realized that, yes, that was going to be my specialty. And there at the strip club. It's hard to understand this really, I think for some people, but I was actually doing sacred work with the customers at the club. We can talk about that more if we want. And so I started to realize that in my past lives, I was a priestess, so I was doing tontric work with people. And then I started teaching these workshops on how to do sacred spot massage, which is something that you've already mentioned we're going to be talking about. And then when I turned fifty eight, I said, you know, this Tontraus stuff is really so much more of my life purpose than being a you know, I'm a good therabiz, I'm a good coach, but I know that that's really why I'm here is to start to spread the word more about tntra And so I said, well, I'm either gonna do it or I'm not going to And I said, yes, so here we are. I love it.
Speaker 1: And because when we were first talking, you were also talking about being so comfortable in your body, and I remember having, you.
Speaker 2: Know that similar.
Speaker 1: I had grown up also in a household where my mother was really comfortable with her body, but not comfortable sexually.
Speaker 2: So and.
Speaker 1: And they're totally different things, right, So walking my mother walking around and opening the door half naked was never an issue. You know, I'd be totally doing this as she was there with her you know, little t shirt and undors, the elevator door opened and people and I was like, oh my god, I want to die now, right twelve years old of course, but sexually she wasn't comfortable, and so I was like you a very sexual being at a very young age without any languaging around it and no positive support around you know, coming out sexually. So like for me, this I was just I think rampant probably when I was young, not understanding what this body is and having so many exquisite experiences and then taking the time to become more conscious about it. And I want to bring in the piece around like the you know, stripping and so on, and the connotations that people in the labels that people just throw onto what it means to be a stripper, right, like and how it's offen slashed, so take the floor.
Speaker 2: Okay, So yes, I mean you might a lot of people out there listening might know that the stereotypes are right, you are you've got to be a single mother, which I was actually, but also you must be a drug addict if you're you know, being a stripper and promiscuous, that for sure, and desperate, right, I wasn't desperate. I wasn't really any of those things except for a single mother. And so I also met other professionals like me who were there for similar reasons. I used to work with a nurse that did some dancing at night. Right, there's so much stigma, so much shame. I even heard through the grape vine at one point that people that you know, I went to school with whever, like, oh you know, did you hear about that, Maria Marloney, you became a stripper, Like, oh, well, such a waste, you know, No, actually, you have no idea how much power I had as a dancer.
Speaker 1: Well, there's so much empowerment, and I think, you know, dare I say every woman should try stripping at least once, whether even if it's in her living room with her guy or for herself around friends, just as a liberation, or learned sensual dance just to get into the body a little bit more, to feel comfortable in her own sexuality.
Speaker 2: Who absolutely, And I know that that's a thing that typically, you know, if someone is a woman, they have a male partner, if they're heterosexual, the man. We really enjoy that, and some men will mention it. And I've heard many times from women like, oh my gosh, I can't even imagine myself doing that, you know. And so as I was getting ready to try my hand at dancing, I went to one of those like amateur nights.
Speaker 1: Right, So I just they just let me get up.
Speaker 2: On the stage. And friends that I was telling that I was about to do this were saying, well, have you practiced, And I said, no, practiced. If I practiced, I'll get nervous. But so I just went up and did it. And what I learned in that is that I already knew how to be sexy. I already knew how to move my body in a way that was natural, that would be sexy. And so I think that's a really key point for women that are listening out there is like, you know, the truth is like if I go out on the dance alort, I'm not even a good dancer. But you don't have to be a good dancer to like do a strip tease.
Speaker 1: Even just being in your's it's being in your body, being constable. It is your body first and foremost, because it's true, I've seen women and meant for that matter, but just you know, very very slowly not even really be doing much right, but you can just feel the whole embodiment of their energy as they move, and that's so powerful. And that's and that to me is that if you cannot do that, then the.
Speaker 2: Question becomes why.
Speaker 1: It's like what is going on for you that you know you're not able to really fully express yourself? Which you had this question in or this line in your in your book, and it says what is wrong with being sexual? And I love that because what is wrong with being sexual?
Speaker 2: You know, it's we've been told so many things about it, right, especially as women. So there's totally different rules for males or females. But if you're a female and you're sexual, then the stereotypes are well, then you're you're over sexed, right, people is to use that word promiscuous, right, Like, so if a woman has a lot of partners, it's called promiscuous, but if a man does, it's like cheered on and told like, oh, they have a lot of experience, isn't that great? Right, So there's that that double standard. But yeah, so much shame, like and then you know, if we start to get into religion, basically we're gonna die and go to hell. That's what's wrong, you know, right, And that's.
Speaker 1: Such an extreme and I do feel like it lives in our bodies somewhere.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was never brought up religious.
Speaker 1: My father's Jewish, my mother was Protestant, and I didn't grow up with religion, although my grandmother took me to church a couple of times, and I remember the feeling of like, you know, those words, those wrathful words of you're going to hell and these are the these are the reasons you're as like.
Speaker 2: I'm terrified.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure around sex, but I did feel, I know, I felt like a lot of shame around the out of sexuality that I felt even as a young girl and then growing up and then even in my marriage. I remember I was like super sexual, super sensual, and feeling like, oh, I need to dumb this down, I need to mute this energy. This is not welcome even in relationship, and that I think hits a lot of people. It hits both men on their side really hard, and it hits women as well.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, I mean there is. And that's one of the things that I was dealing with when I say I was doing sacred work. At the strip club, men would shame themselves by, for example, saying like when they would sit down at the stage to come up to see a dancer, they call that pervert room. So you know, oh, he obviously must be a pervert if he's heterosexual and he's interested in seeing a woman with her clothes off, Like there couldn't be anything more normal.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, And you even bring up, you know, and you even bring up that it's it's an alternative to cheating, right, that it's you know that it's an outlet for and I know various men that you know are in long term relationships that have no desire to cheat on their on their partners and are very sexually repressed.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I actually had a customer who was there at the strip club. He was in a very happy marriage. His wife was extremely ill. I don't think, he said, but I feel like she probably had cancer and she wasn't able to be sexual with him for a period of time. So he started coming into the strip club and so he was getting some of his erotic needs met through doing that. And we had you know, I mean, he was he was a lovely gentleman. We had a lot of fun. It was purely just fun. It wasn't like we were doing anything close to having sex. And like, that's a great alternative that he figured out for himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I think we underestimate how powerful and how important sexual energy is in our life, and especially when we're going through things that are very difficult, you know, around death or just or death if I say death, illness, separation, whatever it is that's going on, and how deeply that impacts self worth, the need to be touched, the need to seen, like and just very physical needs and desires.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this guy, you know, instead of burdening his wife was saying like, hey, I know you're you know, probably going through cancer treatments right now. Could you just you know, give me a hand job? You know, like that'd be so inappropriate, right, But so instead of burdening her with his needs, he got them taking care of in other ways. And yes, it was probably a good outlet for him so that he could deal with some of the emotions coming up around his wife's owns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we think it's one or the other, that it's exclusive. Oh, this person's going through an illness, I must be there for them ten thousand percent in a way that excludes my own needs and my own desires. And the truth is is that they're not mutually exclusive. They're happening all at the same time. It's a very you know, full, confusing, overwhelming.
Speaker 2: Experience I imagine for most people.
Speaker 1: And right, it's it's how do you deal with one and the other? And I think there's there's something really beautiful about being able to go and express or be feel witnessed and seen. And like you said, is it bad to go and look at Like, what's wrong with going and seeing a bunch of beautiful naked women?
Speaker 2: Right? Exactly, absolutely nothing. And you know a lot of the guys there that was an unusual situation. But the majority of the guys there were either single or they were partnered, but they weren't getting their needs met at home. We know that sadly, there are so many women that have issues with their own sexual expression, that lose interest in sex for various reasons, right for their because their own trauma, because the relationship's not going well. There could be many reasons. But there's so many guys out there who are so lonely and in need to get some of these needs met. Just to even sit and have a real conversation face to face with a woman where I am I was just like totally focusing on them for a period of time, let alone the lap dance like that was a gift. And again, yes, what is wrong with the fact that these guys did that to get some of their own It's meant because it's not their fault that their wife's not interested in having sex with them, but it's still the responsibility to take care of themselves.
Speaker 1: Agreed. And a couple of things come up for me, which is one because you do bring in transparency right like at what you know because you're you've been very transparent about your life to everyone in your life and which you know you hold yourself to the utmost integrity, which I love, and then you have people coming in who who can't. And so I want to talk a little bit about like the difference between transparency and privacy or discernment, because I think they're you know, and they're fine lines. Right, there's a difference between lying, right, there's lying, there's just like fighting, well, and do we want to say lying, let's just say hiding, and then there is transparency and discernment, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you mean for these customers that were coming in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, both for the customers and for you personally, Like how do you how do you define them for yourself? Because I know for me, the way I was brought up, I was not allowed to lie, right, I was not allowed, and so I was in I became an oversharer because I wasn't allowed to keep anything for myself. And yet I was still shamed for telling my truth. But I think my truth came out more out of obligation rather than from a sense of my own integrity when I was younger, and today I'm actually working on discernment, which means.
Speaker 2: Transparency, like to be open and honest.
Speaker 1: Yet you know, I don't owe everybody everything, right as long as I Yeah.
Speaker 2: I tend to think about it in terms of, you know, if I'm thinking of being transparent with somebody about something you know, personal to me, what is my reason for wanting to do that, and you know what might come of it? So, for example, I didn't tell the whole world that I was an exotic dancer. Thought wouldn't have been necessarily a wise thing to do, but in some cases it also wouldn't be a kind thing to do. For example, I didn't tell my elderly Italian father thought I was a stripper, right because that had no bearing on our relationship at all, And I imagined that he probably would have felt, you know, sad or worried about me or disappointed or so, you know, those kind of feelings, and like what would be the point of that? Right? So I think this this kind of stuff is extremely situational.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you but you did tell your husband, your ex husband, sorry, your ext I did you did? You came clean after around an affair, You came clean around what you're doing, which and just which took a lot of courage, you know, to be able to say, yeah, I can hold space now for your feelings and your age. You say it beautifully, just simply like, oh God, I can hold this. It's not pleasant that I can hold Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean the thing that I had been scared of, you know, basically since I met my ex husband, is that you'd be really really mad at me. And he was really really mad at me. And I think that was empowering for me because I realized, like I didn't actually disintegrate, nothing terrible happened when he was really really mad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that he could have his his emotion, he can have his experience, and the fear, as say, challenging or difficult as it is to hear it from someone else or to be in that same space, is also more than survivable. But by that time, let me see, you probably did enough inner work to be able to hold that inside yourself because you didn't make it about all about you, like it didn't become about yourself worth, your self esteem.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right. Yeah. I mean I've had to do a lot of work to get where I am now. You know, some people look at me and they say, wow, you have such a great life, and I say, thank you, I know I do. And do you have any idea how many hours of therapy I've done it to get where I am now like just even to be as normal as I am, which you know none of us is completely normal, but you have no idea. And the same thing for my current husband, he went through so much therapy and we're so both so grateful that we did all that because now we can be in this healthy relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, imagine that calling in? Did you call in your husband your current for sure?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, I went to When I went to life coaching school, it was with Gay and Kathlyn Hendrix out in California, and they, you know, they're known, especially Gay for you know, helping with manifestation. So I took this is like you know, two or three D course of how to call in your partner. And so I wrote on a piece of paper that I stuck upon the refrigerator exactly what I was looking for, which is somebody that meets me physically right, sexually, emotionally and spiritually. And that's what I got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think, you know again coming back to the to the sexual energy piece and clearing out a lot of things that most people don't get because not everybody gets to the sacred sexuality piece or the TNTRA piece. I think contra takes it to a level that many people don't necessarily go down that path. But having recognition, the recognition that sex is divine, that there is a sacredness to it, whether you are stripping, whether you're you're whether you're the you are the stripper or the person watching the stripping, or the showing up. I'm say with laingerie under their coach right as a man, however, somebody shows up that it's sacred because it's being expressed, and yet we do so much taboo around it, so much shaming still, And I just love your openness, right because you're so open around like, anything goes as long as it's you know, it's not harming anyone, and that's it.
Speaker 2: You're in p Yeah, anything consensual between two adults is okay by me. I had a client last week who has a foot fetish, and he was like, you know, thank you for not shaming me about it because I had a partner and she was like, oh, that's disgusting, you know, And and he had shame about it, and he was like, yeah, like I like, guys, you have foot fetishes. I think it's awesome, you know what I mean, Like, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. You know, and I think that that was healing for him because he had had I mean, that's just it's not so uncommon that guys have foot fetishes, and you know, and he had a little wound there and so you know, these are the kinds of this is the kind of healing that people can get when they go to a professional like you or me or you know. There's so there's more of us out there now because it is becoming a bigger topic, which is so wonderful. Yeah, it's so needed.
Speaker 1: And it's you know, we say we never yuck somebody's yum exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's right.
Speaker 1: Which I love that statement. And I'm like, because it's funny because I'm the opposite of the foot fetish unfortunately, like I've met and it comes from a real place, like my feet used to just be you know, I danced and they were horrible creatures, my feet, right, So my shame was around, please don't look at my feet, Please don't touch my feet.
Speaker 2: They feel horrendous, like.
Speaker 1: They're just so so it's understanding I think when couples come in or not just couples, when we're looking at another human, actually to always approach someone with like real consideration, even even if this is not your life partner, just real consideration around their bodies and what they might be carrying.
Speaker 2: Absolutely yes. And you know a lot of people will say like, oh, women have so many hang ups about their bodies, and it's true. And I happen to also, no, because I've worked with plenty of men that men do too, right, it's not just the women who have this body shame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And we're right now, we're in the you know, brush everything off and you know, blur everything, and everything has to be perfect. And you say, like you made a conscious choice not to not to go into hyper correction of everything that you showed up on the stage as a natural body and looked around the room and said, oh, you know, there's no such thing as ugly. Nobody has like a completely ugly body, right, nobody has a perfectly beautiful body.
Speaker 2: That it's the combination. Absolutely yes. I think it's a lot to do with like the light that shines from within each one of us and how much we allow that to show. I can tell you that I've seen hundreds of women naked. I danced for eight years. I didn't just stop after life coaching school, I used it as a way to then open my private practice and stop working for agencies. So you know, I did this for years. I say, so many bodies. There is definitely no such thing as a perfect body. And you know there's nineteen year old women with sagging, small breasts. There's just everything you can possibly imagine. And yet you know I don't have perfect body either. But I'll tell you what. I got so many compliments on so many different parts of my bodies, including things that I never would have even thought about, like my ear lobes, that I say, you know, it just really we're all good, We're all okay. We don't have to have some kind of classically beauty, classically beautiful body in order to be attractive to others. And all we really have to do is what I did at the club. And I think a lot of the dancers didn't like me because I came in, I was older, and I almost always made more money than everybody. But my secret was I just was being myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just showed up authentically as opposed to eating to cover it up with. And I'm not going to say like fake breasts are bad, like it's whatever anybody uses it's not the point. It's that it's when we get into a space that we are constantly fixing ourselves on the outside as some kind of band aid for the inside. And I'm not opposed to any kind of like, you know, nip and tuck, whatever you like. That's fine as long as it's coming from place of loving yourself and knowing who you are fundamentally and not thinking that, oh if I get that tummy talk now, I'm going to be loved.
Speaker 2: When I get that.
Speaker 1: You know, chin done now, I'm going to be beautiful and accepted as a you know, coming in as full body. And I just I love that you kept everything like you're like, yes, I just honor the natural of me, of.
Speaker 2: Who I am. Yeah. Yeah, And people love authenticity, like we never really have to do anything different than just be who we are, right Like I'm here, okay, Yeah, I have some makeup on because you know, I'm on cameras. It's gonna look better. But I know that I'm beautiful whether I have makeup on or not. And I've seen women, I know, I know some women that honestly I think look much more beautiful without their makeup. I agree.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you're like, oh, I like you better without.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Like all we really how to do is be ourselves, and they think that we can't very often see ourselves through the eyes of others, because of course we're who we are, right, so we're looking at ourselves many times. So critically, they think that if most people, men and women could really see themselves more objectively, it would probably be able to see how attractive they really are.
Speaker 1: And I think it's important to bring in the men because, as you said, we take for granted, you know, messaging around women's bodies has been so out there and it continues to be. Right now we're dealing with avatars.
Speaker 2: And I hate all that.
Speaker 1: You know, it was one thing and when things were airbrushed and you know, lenses, I just remember when cameras still wise.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I remember when, but.
Speaker 1: Cameras definitely didn't show all of your pores, and cameras definitely weren't.
Speaker 2: Like zooming in on everything.
Speaker 1: There were. I mean, I think there was even a time when they put vaciline on the lens, you know, for the Hollywood Yeah right, that very dreamy look to wow, you know, and we've gotten into hyperrealism, and it's really damaging to women and and men. And I want to talk a little bit about men because I think men often also get the short end of like, oh, men want women to be this, but we forget that men also have insecurities they do that.
Speaker 2: We don't talk about. Yeah, they have insecurities about their bodies, about their weight, sometimes about their stretch marks. Also, this is not uncommon. I've had a number of men and you might have encountered this too, who tell me that they have so much insecurity about the size of their penis. And some of these men do not have small penises compared to like, you know, the average sized penis, which is five point five inches. Some of these men have direct penises that are bigger than that. But because they're so used to watching porn, they think that they have a small penis. Yeah, because it's so distorted in what perfection is.
Speaker 1: And so I'm going to call him now a friend of mine, but he wasn't what I met him, because he's the one who did the Great Wall of Volva uh and and so, and he's done the Great Spice of Life and so on, the Great Spice of Life. He had all you know, he had both women, women's breasts, women's vlvas and penises and just the variety, and I think there's it's so it was so eye opening for me to see the library because I thought, you know, and I come back to this, I've said it before, where I just thought there was something like so abnormal about the way I was shaped or the way I am and just trying to correct and trying to be like, oh my god, what is the perfect baba looking like CORIONI that it's got this perfect Barbie kind of thing, those dimensions that actually make you fall to the floor. Nobody's actually built that way and can and not have back pain severely. Yeah, But also for ment to realize like the variance of sizes, of shapes, of color of like I mean everything mm hmm, and that it's all magical.
Speaker 2: Right, exactly, it's all normal, it's all magical, it's all okay, it's all lovable. Yeah, And that is so not the message that we've been given about our own bodies and our own genitals. So yeah, I'm glad you said the word yoni. A lot of people, you know, in the general public don't know what that means. So yes, it does. You know you were using the word volva. That's also really good because there's been this misconsumption that a volva, which is the exterior part of a female genitals, is of avagina. Well, no, that's not a vagina. That's evolva, right, it's the outer lips, the inner lips, the clitteras the clitteral hood, that's evolva. Then the inner part of a woman's sex organs is the vagina, and then there's the womb. In all three of those together is what is a yoni. And yoni means sacred space in Sanskrit, so that's a ton tric term. People don't know it. And I love using the word because I think it gets rid of all the shame about those other words, right that they're so stigmatizing, and people are so embarrassed and to say them, and they're so weighted.
Speaker 1: But I love it there way, And I know so many, you know, having done Laila Martin's and like just seeing you know, the word pussy used with with such excuberance, which I still love, like and sometimes I use it sometimes like oh yeah, pussy sounds delicious, and then other times, like for.
Speaker 2: Me, I do like I do like Yoni.
Speaker 1: It feels like it's a really all encompassing it feels sacred, feel beautiful. I don't know if I use lingam as much. You know, I'm still I still play with like, oh, what words feel good? But I like to just ask someone else. But from there, I want to talk about Yoni massage. And because the power of Yoni massage, yes, let's.
Speaker 2: Talk about it. So so for decades I've been teaching workshops, teaching couples. Usually sometimes I would get a throuble who'd come to, like three people in a relationship together and teaching either Yoni massage, which is you know, done on someone with a female body, or linga massage, which is done on some with a male body. Right, Linga means ones of light in Sanskrit. To me, that's so much more beautiful than cock or you know, all these other words. But I use them all and people think that they're gonna come and they're going to learn this hot new technique that's going to really spice up their sex life. And I don't tell them ahead of time that you know, it's really a healing modality, it's really a spiritual practice. Because they're going to sign up thinking it's this wonderful thing, and it does lead to a lot more intimacy, and it certainly can lead to a lot better sex. But what it really is is it's a massaging of the exterior and interior genitals. People have stuck energy in their bodies. Everybody has it, right. It could be from it could be from a rape, it could be from a car accident, it could be from a bad divorce. Like everybody's got some of these things that have happened to them in their life. And the biggest place in the body for a woman where she stores that energy is actually in her womb. But if the G spot is massaged, yes there really is such a thing as a G spot, then that releases the energy, that stuck energy. And so when women have pain during penetrative sex, when women actually get to the point where they can't even have anything inserted inside of them, when women have numbness, when women just don't feel much inside of their yonies, it's all related to that stuck energy. And so the more that that spot is massage, the more that stuck energy gets released, and the more pleasure is then available. So I've been teaching these workshops. Like I said, then I met this guy who signed up for a connection call with me, decided not to work with me. I was potentially going to teach him how to do ling a massage for himself. Well, he did it on his own, and then he started writing me these emails as if we knew each other. And I was really confused because it's already been two or three years. And I was like, I'm really sorry to have to say this, but who are you? How do we know each other? And he said, yeah, I did this connection call with you. Then I started doing my ownly a massage and I'm having the most amazing experiences. I'm just having one full body orgasm after another. And this is what has happened as a result of me continuing to give myself ling a massage every day for a period of two to three years. So then I was like, oh my gosh, we got to tell the world about this. This is incredible, right, And that started to tell the world about it. Then I started saying, ladies, you know, while I'm blogging, you gotta try this thing this self. You only massage do it, And then I thought to myself, I'm not doing it, so I should probably be doing it if I'm telling other women to do it. So unbeknownst to me, what I found out through the experience is that when women have unbalanced hormones because of perimenopause, menopause or being postmenopausal like I am because I'm sick now, it balances your hormones to give yourself a yoni massage. And so I started to like, I was having problems with not being wet enough, wetter than ever before in my life. Now I've been doing this practice every day for a year and a half, started being less interested in sex because frankly, it wasn't because my partner, but the sex wasn't as good because my orgasms were kind of like a little blip instead of, you know, instead of being the way they used to be. And so all of these problems like got fixed by doing the selfioning massage. And I think it's like, you know, why do we not all know about this, right? Like, and I know the answer, but really, shouldn't we all know these things about our own bodies, Like, yeah, you will have drops in certain hormones, but guess what, there's a thing you can do that you can learn. And then you can do it yourself every day or as often as you and it's free to practice.
Speaker 1: It because it's free, it doesn't involve medication at your own pace.
Speaker 2: It's and it's such a discovery.
Speaker 1: I think most women or many women don't don't even know their bodies, like don't even know what they're capable of. And like moving through numbness isn't force or pain or trying what you know and just and going and really exploring the different parts and being able to be with all of the sensations. And like you said, it's not you think you're going into like session one and you're like, I want to experience this, give me the magic pill, right, exactly right, And I'm always like, you know what, it's a journey.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: It's not like, yes, maybe tomorrow it's going to be explosive, it's gonna be amazing. You're gonna have multiple organisms and then you're gonna have like a day where it's not because when our bodies cycle, and it is a learning process of going, Oh, this area has been stuck for so long, be it the the car accident, the sexual assault or or whatever, or deep grief or whatever has been stored in different parts of our womb.
Speaker 2: And I do.
Speaker 1: And you reminded me. I said to you, I said, you know, I'm I God. You've just inspired me to do like the thirty day challenge or the succeed to do the challenge, to do it every day for like a solid practice of let's say, you know, let's say ninety days, I'll hold myself accountable to that. I like it so that it's because I too. I mean, this is what I do for work. And do you think I'm doing that every day? No, I'm helping others while not like you know, being able to. It's the giving without being able to really come back and.
Speaker 2: The importance of that.
Speaker 1: And for men who never think to do this, because again, men are just taught like you thrust one out, that's right, it's trust one out.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 1: Once you come, it's gone, and you know, and it's true. They expend so much energy that after the words are like I'm done, and then the disparaging part around women where they're like, well I haven't even I haven't even got started, right, And I find that that in between. But also for men understanding that you don't have to give all of your energy away that you can bring in this beautiful practice and it it gives you those full bodied orgasms, allows you to come literally to orgasm over and over. And that orgasm is not the same as ejaculation. Same thing for women, right, the orgasm versus peaking. You know understanding that, yes, having a contraction is not the same as having deep deep waves or ripples or energetics. However, orgasms happen for you are not the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're really right in saying that a lot most people have no idea what their bodies are capable of. I mean, I've been having good sex for many years with different partners. Right I'm having the best sex I've ever had, and my body is doing things that I didn't even know it could do. And what I elseo know about that is there's no end, right, Like, it can just actually keep getting better and better and better. And it's a myth that women have to kind of like give up their sexuality at a certain age or it's never going.
Speaker 1: To be as good as it used to be.
Speaker 2: Because why I know this now from my own experience, not only can it be as good, it can be better. And this can be the best sexual time of our lives. Once we get you know, forty and up, it can become the best time.
Speaker 1: Which I love because you're sixty and to me, you know, I was brought up again. Right you go to shrivel up and die at forty, it's kind of what I was, you know, like when you're forty, you're done. If nothing great has happened in your life up until.
Speaker 2: Then, forget it.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, you'd be lucky if you can hang on to your men, or like hang on to your partner.
Speaker 2: Because your libido goes to die. And I think it's so sad.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to name who, but I've got a very special someone in my life who's you know, sixty five now, I think, And it's experiencing the best sex of her life with her partner. And so, you know, I really encourage women, couples in fact, to re visit that old decrepit belief system that has no use and for men as well, right that all of a sudden, because men's hormones change too. We think it's just women whose bodies changed, but men's bodies changed too, where erections don't become the Norman just being able to sustain at a level that they did when they're twenty right, bounce right.
Speaker 2: Back, Yeah, that's right, like they used to be able to do. Actually, here's the other great news. Not only does it well with sexual sacred spot massage helps women with their sexual dysfunction and so many other things, it also helps men with theirs. So you probably knew this, but ling a massage which really for a man than the spot where the stuck energy is held as in the prostate, right, So it involves an internal part of the massage, and that actually massaging the prostate corrects a lot of the erectil problems that men have.
Speaker 1: So now you are doing this right now, Like, I don't know how I feel about that's all right, I.
Speaker 2: Know I know men and it's the same as with women. Like some men don't experience much pleasure when they first start having prostate massage, but over time they certainly can. And I know men that can have orgasms from prostate massage, but usually it's men who've had a lot of prostate massage. So all that stuck energy is gone and there's nothing left but pleasure. Yeah, they're able to release it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what do you think in your journey that you have learned the most, Like, what are some of the really key parts for you?
Speaker 2: I would say it's you know this phrase came to me. I'm sure it was divinely guided. You know that God or Goddess is pro sex. That's one really big book, right, Like Goddess does not think sex is bad or evil. She thinks it's wonderful. And in fact, I have this friend who does some channeling, and years ago we all used to get together. We'd have this meditation group in my office and Sunday mornings, and afterwards she would channel and very often we'd start talking about sex because that's my thing. And through the channeling, the message was your sexuality is your spiritual They're one and the same, right, which is such the opposite message. So that's one really huge one. Also, we're all so much more awesome and amazing than we think we are. And yeah, sex is not over at forty fifty, sixty, seventy or eighty or even ninety, like it doesn't have to be. And I think that another big one is if you decide, if you make the decision to say, well, you know, I'm not really having sex, I'm not having good sex. But I'm just gonna forget about that, Like you're cutting out a huge part of the joy that's available to a human being in their life as a human living on this planet. Like that's one of the best things there is. And if you start thinking, I'll just let it go, there's something off about your thinking.
Speaker 1: I agree, And I know we can't get into it too much today because as we urin in But you know, one thing that strikes me in today's world is that we're approaching a time where asexuality is a very popular notion. And I've heard way too many people say, you know, sex isn't important. Even when I was growing up. Oh you know, I always knew. I always entered these relationships when I was young that it was like sex isn't important, and it was so important to me.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I guess not, But am I missing That's funny?
Speaker 1: Today I'm like, I'm like, no, we can be friends, right, Like if sex is not important too, we can be friends. We'd be great friends. But that's right, because it is so much life for us. But as we enter as we are in this age right now, I think it's so sad that and I don't know what's going on this this like there's a trend of a sexuality and I don't I truly don't know if it's you know, something in the water food, or or that we've so sexually shamed our children or you know that I mean just at such a core, deep level that our children are growing up, or that there's so much fear in the world, the way the state of the world that is literally cutting a new generation off from its life force, which I'm like, we're breeding ourselves right out of existence, or like I'm breeding ourselves right out of existence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now I've heard that too, that I've heard this many times. I'm guessing it is really true. Yeah, there's a trend for that young people are having less sex right than the.
Speaker 1: Ray right, Yeah, we have another woodstock.
Speaker 2: Like all we wanted to do was have sex as much as possible.
Speaker 1: Yes, and now it's like it's almost like, ugh, are you having sex again? To the parents. I don't know, That's what I'm imagining, all right. I want to make sure I get these questions in and that okay, that everyone knows how to find you, and you're offering so question one, what is one truth? Your body has always known that your mind took years to.
Speaker 2: Catch up to. Oh my goodness. I think the truth is that my body always knows, so the body doesn't lie. Sometimes things would happen and my body would know, and I would try to convince myself otherwise, But no, the body does always know. Thank you.
Speaker 1: What is the most intimate moment you've ever had that had nothing to do with sex?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, Wow, that's I would guess. It is probably staring into the eyes of another person, like really being present with my hat. Oh beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's scary, right, It's like just sitting there and breathing. You're like, I don't know why I'm so scared right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I think it's like an instinctual thing. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Thank you. If you could be remembered for one sensation you gave someone, what would it be.
Speaker 2: For them to feel the physical penetration of my love for them? Thank you? Ah.
Speaker 1: If leisure were a language, what would your first word be?
Speaker 2: You be?
Speaker 1: And if your erotic life had a title like a novel or a film, what would it be called? She kept going and it got better and better. What is one thing you've never said out loud. But you wish someone would ask you.
Speaker 2: About Oh, my goodness, I don't think there's a thing, because I'm so transparent that I've already told everyone prevede beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's good. It means nothing has been left unsaid. Right, What part of your erotic self are you still afraid? I'm not sure freight would be the right word for you to bring to the light. Let's see, are you still inspired to bring to the light?
Speaker 2: Oh? Probably some of my darker tendencies, like my sadistic ones that you know, part of my brain is like, no, you can't do that. That would be evil and bad.
Speaker 1: But oh so good, Yes, to throw that in there, but's so good.
Speaker 2: Excuse me?
Speaker 1: What dies in you when you pretend? And what comes alive in you when you don't?
Speaker 2: Oh? Like, my literal life force energy dies like who I am at? You know, in my essence dies when I pretend and my essence comes forth, you know, my real exuberant life force energy comes forth when I'm real. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Now finish this sentence. When I leave this life, I want my skin to remember.
Speaker 2: All the pleasure it has experienced.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, please, And if the soul has a scent. What does yours smell like today?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I want to say rose beautiful, Thank you, thank You're welcome. So I'm just gonna yeah, that was so much fun. Yes, thank you. I want to just ask you if there's anything that you want to leave our audience with our listeners, any pearls of wisdom and any offerings that you have.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely so. I mentioned the the self study course for women, right, which is called the Lost Art, And I call it that because Contra to me, is like it's been lost to our world. People don't even understand what it is really. They think it's all sexual and it's really not. And I also understand that it's a big jump, right and scary for women to just be like, yes, I want to sign up, and you know, take Maria's course. It's eight modules, it all been professionally filmed. Right, You've seen the class because I have. Yeah, that's wonderful.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's and it's beautifully done and so clear and instruction. I think for anyone who's just just who hasn't gone there, I just really needs this clear map and guide. It's it's perfectly and beautifully done.
Speaker 2: Thank you. So what I realized is that a lot of women are not ready to just jump there, and so I've made something that's like a baby step, because that's what mostly we all need right when we're scared to do something, is a baby step. And the baby step is a five minute Yoni awakening ritual for those of us who have felt disconnected from our own yonies, which can certainly happen later in life, but really it could be for anybody. So it's a PDF that's like educational and then it's a five minute video which is really like a meditation, and it gives an opportunity for the woman to with their own consent, to touch their body in pleasurable ways and to touch theironi in pleasurable ways. And almost nobody can say they don't have enough time for doing a five minute practice. So if you do want to find that, it's my website Maria Mrloni m A r I A M E r l O n I dot com slash ritual and it'll bring you write your page where you can sign up to have that sent to you, and it's my gift to you. There's no charge for it, and I hope that it will re spark something in you because it really is worth it, right.
Speaker 1: And I would say to anyone who's like willing, you know, even just have the desire, even the little desire to go full fledged like all in. It's it's you know, the scariest part is saying yes to yourself and then when you realize like, oh, this isn't scary, this is something my body has been calling for. There's no like you know, it's it's there to nourish you, and you do it in such a safe and educated and very easy going easier right, It's just easy way, easy being.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, I just highly recommend.
Speaker 1: So thank you for being here.
Speaker 2: This was amazing, Yeah, absolute pleasure.
Speaker 1: And for is there anything else you want to say before we go?
Speaker 2: I think I've kind of probably said it all for the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I'm just going to.
Speaker 2: Say goodbye to everyone. See you next week.
Speaker 1: Thank you for joining us for this conversation with Maria, and yeah, see you next week, joh. Thank you for listening to Skin and Soul with me, Gwenham. Join me Fridays at ten ampst on Transformation Talk Radio. Catch the podcast anytime on your favorite platforms. You can follow me on Instagram at Ubology ready to.
Speaker 2: Take the next step.
Speaker 1: Book a compatibilitycall with me at Gwenhemcarsley dot com.