Speaker 1: This show is produced and hosted by Mark Webber. The show is sponsored by G three of Parow. The views expressed in the following program are those of the sponsor and not necessarily the opinion of seven tenor or iHeartMedia. Who is Mark Weber. He's a self made business executive here to help you find your success from the New York City projects to the Avenue Montaigne in Paris. His global success story in the luxury world of fashion is inspirational. He's gone from clerk to CEO twice. Mark is classic proof that the American dream is alive and well, here's your host of Always in Fashion, Mark Webber.
Speaker 2: Mark Weber. The one thing I've learned as my hair turns gray. This gray hair brings wisdom if you're open minded and if you're open to it. Common sense is the key to navigating life. There's lots of gray out there, not just in our hair. This black and white choices would be easy, but there's always an approach. Funny thing, common sense is not so common. You have to be open. Let me apologize to the idiots and morons out there. If you're not smart, chances are you'll not be endowed with common sense. I learned in business there was nothing worse than a dealing with a stupid person who doesn't know they're stupid. You just can't reason with them. Another lesson I learned from Albert Einstein. The quote doing the same thing over and over again and expecting another outcome is the definition of insanity. I'll take some poetic license tonight and translate it to stupidity. Yeah, I've been thinking about common sense this week. With two years of campaigning, two months with the candidates lined up in a few days, to think about America's choices, you have to wonder why common sense is not so common left or right of the political spectrum. You have to wonder in life. I wake up often with dreams of work. I don't work yet. I'm dreaming while I'm working, but I'm really sleepy. The retail business isn't working right now. I guess why. When I was twenty three years old, I had a talk with my boss, kind of a liberal arts discussion. A man in this world, go know, I'd be so prophetic in life of thinking about environmental issues. When I stated it, if we could all stop eating, drinking, and breeding, we'd live forever. The aras polluted the water filled with chemicals. We switched the bottled water and find that the bottles themselves are craving for carcinogenic chemicals. And of course, our food, our processed food, which is almost all our food, is encompassing and overpowering and it's dangerous. Yeah, a little common sense, starting with obesity and the food we eat, would be a help in this obese nation. But tonight I'm gonna fix it all because I'm going to use some common sense and maybe also time for a few observations that we haven't thought about in a while. You confront every day, but I'll straighten out where we are in the political landscape, and hey, maybe indoctrinate you in the world of common sense, because tonight this is common sense, it's not so common The twenty twenty four edition now joining me the Voice of Reason, my co host, my lawyer, my son Jesse Weber.
Speaker 3: Good evening, everybody, good to be here. So you sound a little bit like RFK. Yeah, he's going to fix the whole health of our whole country. So you seem to be in alignment with what he's about to do. It's funny because I'm electioned out. I think I'm done with all of the election. I've been talking about it for months and months and months. I've covered it this week. I'm done. I think it's time to hate differently. What do you think about that? Do we ever need common sense?
Speaker 4: I think we do? And here's a thought. Here's a thought.
Speaker 3: Why don't we all agree on the obvious and leave all the discussions to the philosophical What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: Of course that would require common sense? What a simple approach you just laid out? Are you going to need examples?
Speaker 3: I have to think one of the biggest issues that it was a deciding factor and the electtion men on women's sports.
Speaker 4: That one feels like common sense. Can't we all agree on that one?
Speaker 3: But of course we can't abortion right to choose that's a little bit more difficult. But I mean, how do you not allow a woman to make her decision about what she wants to do? And I don't care what side of the aisle you're on. Can we all agree we have a border crisis. We have a really really serious problem. We may disagree on how to get it done. Again, I'm electioned out, but it was quite the week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was, and I happen to agree with you. That's the point of tonight's show. Common sense needs to rule. I want to talk about the election because that's all that anybody wants to talk about, and I think it's worthwhile, and I'm going to let you go to start, Jesse, But I have a question more than anything else. I was under the impression that identification wasn't necessary to vote, and in theory, it's not. To My local polling place was the high school near where I live. I walked in, they asked me my name. I gave them my name, and they told me which table to check in with, so they had my name there. And then when I got to the table, they asked my address, and I gave them my address and my name and they let me vote. So it's not without some preordained or pre work that they had me listed. Is that enough? Can anybody just walk in and vote if the name is not on a list? I suppose so. So you don't have to be a citizen, Well, you need us an address? Do you know?
Speaker 4: You have to be registered to vote, And in order to register to vote in a.
Speaker 3: Lot of states, you have to fill out the appropriate paperwork like your DMV paperwork, you have to prove you're a citizen at some point. You might not need your ID on the day of to go into a polling place, but you have to already be registered. I did an absentee ballot because I'm actually registered in Long Island, but I was going to be in the city and when I did it, I mean I was registered to vote. I had to, you know, at test to who I was too. It wasn't so simple. And by the way, if you get caught lying on any of these forms, that's prison time, all right, that's no joke. So you can't just realize, yeah, it's a crime fraud. You ever sign anything, You ever sign any of these documents. When you're doing it, you have to attest to who you are.
Speaker 2: So all this talk on the Republican side that we're allowing people to vote without ID is a little twisted because they have to register and at some point you're saying if they're not citizens, they will get caught when they're registering. That's what you're saying.
Speaker 3: You have to be a citizen to vote, and you can't. It's not like I just go in, Hey I'm John Smith.
Speaker 4: I'm ready to vote. Okay, sounds good.
Speaker 3: It's there had to be something there for you to be certified to be able to vote. And so I, look, I do I think it would be better for people to come in at their voting polls and have actual idea to vote.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that would be better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, prove who they are.
Speaker 3: But aside, Yeah, but look, I think there's already safeguards put in place. I'll tell you this much from the election. You know who the biggest winner was out of the whole election America?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 3: Because there was no fraud, There was no election interference. This was a very smooth, clear cut election. It was so clear who the winners and the losers were. There was no doubt cast. Now, of course Donald Trump won. There's been arguments that if he didn't win, what would the of argument have been. But at this point, no one is saying that this election was illegitimate. They might disagree with the results of it, but I think it was a clean, fair, perfect election in that sense, and that was a breath of fresh air to say, yeah, it was really great.
Speaker 2: So what do you think about the outcome?
Speaker 3: Look, a lot of people are divided about this, about the outcome. As they are about going into the election, I think what we have to say is we have to accept the results. No matter what side you are, accept the results. You wish for success for the new president and the administer, and try to find places to come together. You know, it's interesting you look at it. He won the popular vote and he won the electoral college. You can't say seventy million people who voted for him are all fascists or all love everything he says, or all believe that or garbage, or you can't you just can't do that. What you can say is maybe the things they voted on and maybe the things I believe are not that dissimilar.
Speaker 4: Maybe we're a lot more alike than we think.
Speaker 3: And it's not because sure, people didn't vote for Kamala Harris for inappropriate reasons because of the racist or their sexist Sure, I'm sure that exists. I'm sure that exists. But when you think about what the issues are and what you think about the grievances are, I imagine if you take these people and you put them in a room with people who voted for Kamala Harris, there would be more a greater degree of similarity than people realize. And I think it's a wake up call for Democrats that going all the way to the left and going very extreme on these issues is not only not resonating, but you're not going to win. And they need to revamp. They need to set a new course and try to be the party of common sense. They need to see that these things they're pushing to the left are really pushing people away. And I can't say that all the people that voted for Donald Trump, they're probably looking for that middle ground approach. And I think that that is a breath of fresh air. I think that's maybe a takeaway to move forward with.
Speaker 4: Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: Well, I would say to you this, I have a question more than an answer. I'll have my own point of view in a minute. When I first watched the TV coverage the following morning, I was afraid to watch at night. I just didn't want to go to sleep one way or the other. And I woke up in the morning, turned on my iPhone and saw who was president and I was astounded. But anyway, to make a long story short, the newscast is on any station, whether it's Fox or CNBC. They were all genuine, Hey, the country one. Like you said, Jesse, the election was fair. We have to accept it, and we sho you wish the new president good luck. I don't think that lasted very long, did it? No?
Speaker 3: Because people are really angry. And look, I'm going to read you something right now. This is Jeff Bezos. Jeff Bezos, the guy who founded the Washington Post, who we will all agree is a left leaning publication. He wrote, big congratulations to our forty fifth and now forty seventh president on an extraordinary political comeback and decisive victory. No nation has bigger opportunities, wishing real Donald Trump all success in leading and uniting the America we all love. Do you get a more perfect message than that from somebody who I'm pretty sure didn't vote for Donald Trump. I don't know for sure, But he owns a publication where they went up into arms because he decided that the Washington Post wouldn't endorse Donald Trump or Kamala Harris and people walked off the staff. That's how left leaning that publication is. So for him to write something like that, or Mark Cuban, who hates Donald Trump, to say he won fair and square, that's it congratulation. That's what you're hoping to see. But people are really really upset, and people hate Donald Trump, and they're worried, and they're scared and they're fearful. So if you're Donald Trump, I think this is an opportunity to try to unite the country and say, I know all of you are worried, I'm gonna do this.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do that. That is not my plan. That is not my plan.
Speaker 3: I was reading today what his list of goals are in the first few days when he becomes president. You know what one of his goals is no federal ban on abortion. He said that, So that was a big concern that people have. If he's saying, right, that's not my goal. That's not what I'm gonna do. Maybe that's more of what he has to do to try to bring people together.
Speaker 2: Well before we go completely come by, yah, I saw Whoopi Goldberg on the view, I saw Jimmy Kimmel, I saw the hate stunning to come. And it's started to bother me because it's just changed. You know, these people who've all talked about uniting, you have a president, thank god. In his opening address. Towards the end, I was nervous I wasn't sure he'd say it. He said he wanted to unite the country. Isn't this the time that everybody just should suck it up and wish him luck and hope that he does the right thing. I don't see enough of it. Am I crazy or what? No?
Speaker 3: No, the Attorney General of New York, the Attorney General of New York who filed that action against Donald Trump was able to get it over four hundred million dollar verdict. She comes out the day after the election, hours after he's announced to be the winner, and says, congratulations. I hope we can work together, or maybe we can work together. But then she goes, this is not the outcome we were expecting, but we are ready and basically, like declaring a preemptive strike, we will declare legal warfare against you should you do something. I mean, that's a weird thing to say. That's a weird thing to say. And I was actually disturbed by the top government lawyer in New York to make a comment like that.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm afraid saying something wrong to the mailman that'll never deliver on my mail again. These people are talking to the press of the United States. They're crazy look, the first thing we have to talk. I'm just saying, whatever take you have on the election, whether you're euphoric because Donald Trump won or you're miserable because he lost, this is an opportunity for us to get back to being one country. And as long as the elected president is being humble in victory, and he is, he's being gracious, he's saying the right things, this is the time to support him. We all should want the country to survive and thrive. He said it should be the golden era of the United States. Come on out there. If we're going to anybody, listen, no matter how much you dislike Trump, give him a chance. That's what I think now, Jesse, why do you think he won? Is it?
Speaker 3: Why do I think he won? Or why do I think the Democrats lost?
Speaker 2: Okay? Why did the Democrats lose? Jesse?
Speaker 3: I am not convinced that if Kamala Harris picked a different vice president the outcome would have been different. I'm not convinced that if President Biden stayed in the race the outcome would have been different. This is actually a larger issue for the Democrats. And I mentioned it before that they're their own worst enemy and I think they turned a large percentage of the American populace off. Arab Americans had turned on the Biden administration because of their stance on the Middle East. They just didn't vote. They just didn't vote. And so I think there are people who voted for Donald Trump who maybe never voted for him before because Kamala Harris was such an unattractive candidate and they didn't like where the Democratic Party went. And I think that's a big part of it, and just people were upset at Democrats and just chose not to vote. So it's not just only a referendum. It's not only people liked what Donald Trump was representing. Sure he has the supporters, but I think people were just so turned off by what the Democratic Party has become that it's a wake up call.
Speaker 2: You know what they forget. This is a big country, a big country. You know. I have friends that are from the Midwest. They're different, they process information differently, they talk differently. There's something genuine about them. And when you start doing some of these really leftist things that went off the left's chart, life changed and they alienated so many people. But you want to I'm gonna tell you you want to know my favorite thing that I've heard so far about why they lost. I had something from Politico. I had it recorded. I'm going to play it right now.
Speaker 5: DEM's rage against Biden's arrogance after Harris loss, Democrats are directing their rage over losing the presidential race at Joe Biden, who they blame for setting up Kamala Harris for failure by not dropping out sooner. They say his advancing age, questions over his mental acuity, and deep unpopularity put Democrats at a sharp disadvantage. They are livid that they were forced to embrace a candidate who voters had made clear they did not want, and then stayed in the race long after it was clear he couldn't win. Jim Manley, a top a to former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, said, quoting, he should and have run. This is no time to pull punches or be concerned about anyone's feelings. He and his staff have done an enormous amount of damage to this country. End of quote. According to interviews with nearly a dozen officials and party operatives, Biden squandered valuable months only to end in disaster on the debate stage and by the time he decided to pass the torch, he had saddled Harris with too many challenges and far too little time to build a winning case for herself.
Speaker 2: I think that's crazy blaming Biden. The fact that the Democrats, Yeah, the fact that the Democrats didn't have an open election to who they could choose. They handed a Tuhar on a plate. And I remind you that when she was running for the Democratic nomination in the primary, she got one percent of the vote. America voted whoever the Democrats was. They didn't want to. I think she was one of the most difficult candidates in the history of government. And they're blaming Biden. They're not blaming themselves for the whole process. They're not blaming themselves for their what they were saying with all to respect to her. And I made it unclear on this radio I had preferred Donald Trump. I like Donald Trump. I have a history with him. I worked with him. He was a solid citizen. He stood up and did everything he said. Do I like everything he stands for? Do I like the stories about him? Do I like some of the thing?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But in reality, I liked his presidency. I liked what he achieved. I liked what he could have achieved if it wasn't for all the Russian collusion in the Ukrainian phone call, and the hate and the vitriol that was aimed at him. He had a great president that was undermined by his fellow Americans. You ever remember when called me and everyone else is saying Donald Trump, Oh Schumer, Donald Trump taking on the CIA and the FBI. Those are powerful people. He doesn't know what he's getting into. That's insane. They picked the wrong candidate with the wrong message, who was inarticulate and unable to capture the hearts and minds in the future of people. I think it's crazy. All I want to say on that particular issue, it's time for the country to heal, to get back together. Stop the arguments and let's agree. Jesse said it best. On things that are common sense, let's just agree. They don't require much. On things that aren't common sense, that are more philosophical, have a debate. But Donald Trump became a man of the people, a billionaire man of the people, because he knew how to talk to people and how to deal with workers. He has a history and what is his message this think about it. I have a friend who wrote to me, what is his message? It's hard to even think that I have to explain it. Do you want to talk about common sense, less crime, secure social security, a strong military, a government who'll support their allys like Israel. A guy who wants peace. He said it from day one. I do not want wars. He doesn't want war. In the meetings, people are dying. You can't get these people. You can't resurrect their families who are losing their loved ones. In the case of Ukraine, an entire generation is being wiped out. Families are growing up, losing their children. They're male heirs, mothers are widows, children are orphans, and it's going on and on. It's ridiculous. He said, I will talk to Putin. I'll solve this. Putin has to be reason with. You can't put Pandora back in the bottle. You can't put the genie back. Whatever has happened has happened. There is going to be a way that has their men. Russia is not going away without anything, and Ukraine is not gonna have everything. Who are we listening to celebrities late night hosts. They've been dragging down Trump from day one? What is wrong with this country right now? This man stands for the right thing. Why should we be buying oil from our enemies, from people who help us when we have it underground? And by the way, if you're can allow the rest of the world to drill when you wor about climate change and we have the cleanest coal in the world, wouldn't it be better if those enemies of ours stop drilling and we drilled. Where is he arguing you want to give up on the Trump presidency? He says, come, some comedian made a comment about Puerto Ricans. I can't think of any group that isn't insulted any given day by a thousand comedians. That's what they do. I never heard Trump say he didn't like Asians, or Hispanics or anything for that matter. Look, this is a time to get it together. This is a time where we have to get it together. We should do what needs to be done and get together. It's a one time opportunity. He's not the devil. He's not a dictator. You can't be a dictator in this country. There are too many checks and balances. So I'm extraordinarily happy that Donald Trump won. I thought Kamala Harrison's message was weak and when she was able to put some words together rather than word salad. I had no idea what she was talking about. But her past history, her past comments, they've been played for us over the TV, on and on and on. What she stood for Nobody was buying. She was not a strong candidate. Worse yet, she was part of an administration that I don't want to say failed the country but didn't prosper. The country had problems and it was getting worse. I feel an energy amongst the people that support Trump. You could feel it. It's tangible. The degree of excitement far exceeds the degree of disappointment and the people that hate him. But what an opportunity for us all to get together and do something right, to have a country that could be again the best in the world, and people who could be happy again and prosper and provide for their families. Go Trump, Go to Republicans. Give us a break. If you're not, try and embrace the idea that this could be great until it's not. With that as a backdrop, it's the best I can give. You know, everybody's talk about this election, there are a million different angles there are a million different reasons. I applaud Donald Trump for his nine hundred visits, took places all around the country, delivering the same message, with a personality, a sense of humor, a degree of charm. He's not like any candidate that ever lived. He might not be like any candidate who lives ever again. He's gracious, he's liked, and he's done the right thing. They tried to put him in jail, they tried to shoot him, they tried to impeach him, they tried to try to try to and he came out in top with fight, Fight, Fight. I'm going to live my life every day doing what's right for America. Give the guy a chance back in a minute with some common sense.
Speaker 5: Always in fashion.
Speaker 2: As one of the world's most celebrated fashion designers, Carl Lagafeld was renowned for his aspirational and cutting edge approach to style. His unique vision of Parisian shit comes to America through Carlagofeld Paris. He has women's collections, men's actions, ready to wear, accessory, shoes and bags. The fashion house Carlagofeld also offers a range of watches I Wear in premium fragrances. You can explore the Carlagofil collection at carlagofelpowers dot com. But it's more than that. I, for one, love to shop. I love going around and seeing what's happening and what catches my attention, what would make me feel good to wear now. I don't wear the women's wear obviously, but I can appreciate it, and they look amazing. If you want to look right, you want to have clothes that fits you well. You want to look like you're wearing something that's very expensive, that's exclusive for you and yours. You can find it at very affordable prices at Macy's Orcarlagofel dot com. Paris, the women's ready to wear fashion is extraordinary, as well as the handbags and the shoes. I for one, wear men's clothes unlike my appreciation of women's clothes. I'm a modern guy. I want to look current. I want to look the way I want to feel. I go out at night, I'm in black and Carlagofel is My butty calls are great. They fit great, and they have little tweaks and touches, whether it's a stripe on the sleeve or button at the neck or on the shoulder. There's a lot of details that go into Carl Lagafel because he's always been, he always had been one of the world's great designers, and this legacy and goes on and on. I can't speak enough about it except to say to you, you want to feel good about yourself. You want to know that you're dressing properly. You want to clothes that fits you well. Carl Lagafeld Paris explore the holiday collection of Carl Leegofelparis dot com. Carl Lagofeldparis dot com. It's fall and one of the things I love about fall of the clothes. I love polar fleece. It's lightweight, takes colors beautifully, It's comfortable, keeps you warm and even if it's warm out, it doesn't hamper you. It doesn't make you perspire. I love polar fleas. I also love sweatshirts and sweatpants, love them, love them, love them. I'm a big fan of khaki pants and a big fan of golf clothes, and I'm a big fan of Isid. I used to be the head of Iszid. In fact, my company bought it and out of bankruptcy and the CEO of the company asked me to come in and fix it. And he said to me, Mark, the future of the company's in your hands. Can you do this? And I said, I will do it. I put everything, my heart and soul into making Iszid the powerhouse that it is today. Now. I left a long time ago, and the company just continues to thrive. Isaart is one of the great sweater makers, pant make a shirt makers, knit shirt makers, Polar shirt makers. They're incredible company. Here we are in full They've just shifted all this merchandise to the fall assortments. It's beautiful. The colors are great, the fabrics are great. Guys, you ever wonder what you should wear, I'll make it easy for you. If you're going to be casual, go in and look at ISID Now that doesn't say that they don't have dress shirts and they don't have suits. You go find them. Isod is a collective brand that offers lifestyle apparel to everyone in America. And it's true it's a fun brand, but it's also priced at fun prices everyone can afford it. I love this brand of all the brands that I'm involved with, and you can name them. Think about PVH and LVMH and all the brands. ISAOD is the one that's most personal to me because I was involved in crafting the future of this brand. The close of great Fall is great. They're doing well. Isad dot com, isaatat jcpenny go look for it. I think you're going to be very happy. And ladies, those of you the shopping for the guys in your lives, take a look. I think they'll be very happy with your choices.
Speaker 1: Isaad for men, welcome back to Always in Fashion. Here's your host, Mark Webber.
Speaker 2: I have been a student of human nature my entire life. It's probably why I don't like humans. I do find some people along the way that I like, or admire or I enjoy, but generally speaking, as a species, I do not like humans. I don't like what we stand for. There's not enough pure hearts and common sense. Fact tonight's show is common sense is not so common. In twenty twenty four, we just had an extraordinary election and the people voted. The people gave a mandate that the direction the country was going in is not the direction they wanted for the future. So I'm excited that common sense to a degree went out. Now all of you that hate Trump, all of you that hate Republicans, all of you that are believing the fake news, or believing all the messages, or just don't like him because who he is as a man. I could see why there are certain issues with Trump. You know what they are that you don't admire him for, and you downright have to dislike him for. I get it. But right now, it's the fate of the world, because this is not what happens in the United States affects the entirety of the world. We have a new president. He won farre and square that people have voted, we can move on. Let's support him. Having said that, one of the issues I wanted to talk about is health. I'm really excited about Robert F. Kennedy. I think when he first came out, everybody positioned to him like he's a quack. They made him look like he's crazy, And now it seems like what he's saying is based in fact, and he has a lot of good ideas. In fact, I am torn between taking the COVID booster. My doctor wants me to take it, half my family doesn't want me to take it. Friends I talk to, some say yes, some say no. I really don't know, but I think health being at the forefront of the country is brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. And I think Trump aligning himself with the smartest man in the world, maybe Elon Musk and these business leaders, and certainly with Rfk, speaks a lot on his behalf. And I hope he can set up a cabinet that makes a lot of sense. But I like the subject of health, and one thing it particularly is near and dear to my heart, and that's the subject of obesity. I have never been obese in my life, but I can tell you I've been on a diet my whole life. I have been watching what I eat for as long as I can remember. When as young boy, I was chubby. I had a thirty eight inch waist. When I was twelve years old, I went away to sleep away camp and came back with a twenty eight inch waist. I was a new human. I felt different about myself. I was energized. I was happy. I was a new person. Hey, I'm a former fatso so I could say it. I wasn't overweight anymore. Now it didn't stay. I always gain weight and always lost weight until the last three and a half years. I do subscribe to the philosophy of Kate Morse, of all people, the most famous model in the world over the longest period of time, where she said nothing tastes as good as skinny feels, and she's right. I really believe that that's my mantra. I could eat the greatest food in the world when having had a diet problem my whole life. As I'm eating and I'm starting to feel guilty, so even if I'm enjoying it, I'm wondering, am I doing the right thing? But let's say I do eat It takes five minutes to eat it, and if you eat the right food, it's easy to judge. I asked that if it's not, it sticks with you a whole night until the morning. But I believe in now, after all these years of being on diets and watching my food, that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. I want to be skinny, and I've gone from an extra large like Rocky one, to a middleweight and Rocky three. I'm a middleweight now I'm wearing mediums from extra large and two exls it's amazing and I've enjoyed it. And I'll tell you a little something I've always thought about food. I've always been on a diet. And here's something funny that nobody knows or those of your listeners of the show. I haven't told this story in a long time. When I first started working, my wife felt the obligation to cook for me. She felt that that we as a family, she cook together and eat together, not eat out. When I came up for work, So five point thirty in the morning, I'm getting dressed, I'm getting ready to go to work. My wife is up, she's saying goodbye to me. She says, what do you want for dinner? What do I want for dinner? I mean, if you think about it's five thirty in the morning, and most of them I've said, I don't know. Make me something. I can't think about it right now. So my wife was experiment I think she made some good things. She poisoned me a few times, but overall she was a good cook. And I was always a struggle. And then one morning she asked me, I said, decide what you want. I come home. That night she made roasted chicken. When I walked in the door. The smell of it was like nothing I ever smelled before. It's the most delicious smell in the world. When I ate the roasted chicken, it almost fell off the bone. It was so good. It was in its own gravy. The thing was beyond believable. And at dinner that night, I said to my wife, don't ask me anyone on for dinner. I want this for dinner every night. She said, what do you mean every night? I said, here's the deal. Don't ask me until I tell you to change it. Just make it. My wife made so many chickens over the course of five years that she was like, you ever watch these movies in the army where they teach you how to strip the rifle and reload it without looking with her eyes blindfolded. When my wife could clean a chicken with her eyes closed and her blindfold I ate chicken for five years running, every single night. The only exception was we went out to the restaurant. I read something else, but I ate chicken. Now. I used to laugh at these stories, but I thought they were very cool, and people told me I was eccentric. I never realized what eccentric was till one night I met someone who told me I was eccentric. I'll come back to that, I guess in a minute. I did the chicken for five years, and then I needed to lose weight because while I was maintaining my weight, I was getting wet. I never cared. I never did the right things. I'd eat ice cream and cake and I always twenty pounds overweight. I needed to lose weight, and I said to my wife one night, I said, you know what, make me salmon tonight? I have to go on a diet. Three years later, after my wife not asking me what I want for dinner, I had salmon every single night. Crazy, I mean crazy again, with the exception when we went out to dinner one night. She went to the fish market and they didn't have salmon. They had halibut. And she made me halibut with a little hot sauce to the side that I could dip it. And I found it delicious. And Halibut's a fish that not only keeps you weight down, I think it eats up all the other calories. It's like a miracle fish. So for the next three years, I eat the same thing every night. So between five three and three. There were eleven years where I ate the same thing every night and I never was asked what I want for dinner. But over the course of time, I gained weight and I never was the ideal weight until I guess before COVID. I had a sinus infection and I had to go to the local doctor, not an emergency, when I had a local doctor that I used, and I went in from Mount Sini Hospital, And as the story goes, it's I think it's hysterical. As the story goes. When it came to, you know, taking my vitals, my blood pressure, my oxygen levels, I had a step on the scale and I said, whatever you do to the woman, the nurse practitioner who's doing the work, said, do not tell me. Do not show me how much I weigh, because I knew I was uncomfortable and I didn't want to know. So I it turned out I did have a sinus affection. They gave me antibiotic. I went home. I gave the paper to my wife and I said to my wife, do not tell me how much I weigh. I'm going to go on a diet tomorrow. She's so sure you don't want to know, I said, yeah, I'm sure you know. I said to myself, I'm not going to step on the scale because it's depressing, but I'll ask my wife what it said on the chart. So my wife says to me, you weigh two hundred and eight pounds and walk you asked me, I know you're going to be miserable. See in my life, I never weighed more than one ninety. So I really really doubled down on my diet, and over the next three weeks, I went on a tear and I was very careful what I and I couldn't wait to step on the scale. Three weeks later, when I did, I weighed two hundred and eight pounds. I go into my wife and I said, I'm miserable. I weigh the same I did three weeks ago. I can't believe I just devoted all this time to losing weight. And she starts laughing. I said, what are you laughing about? She says, I have a story to tell you. I said, what you remember? You asked me to tell you how much your weigh and I told you two hundred and eight. She says, I wasn't wearing my glasses. I didn't have the heart to tell you. When I looked at my glasses, you were two hundred and eighteen pounds. So in reality, I mean if she would have told me two hundred and eighteen pounds, I think that was the end of Mark Weber. But the reality was I had lost ten pounds over those three weeks doing the right thing. Now, what is the right thing? Is there anyone in this country that needs to be told what to eat and what not to eat? Can we have some common sense? Which this theme of what the show is that I common sense is not so common in twenty twenty four. There is no one in this country, maybe the world, who doesn't know what they should eat or what they shouldn't eat if they want to maintain their weight or they want to lose their weight. Now I will tell you I lost fifty seven pounds. Fifty seven pounds, that's like losing a person. That's a lot of weight. I tell you there are only three ways to lose weight. One starve. Now by starving, I mean eating the right foods, the right size portions, no desserts or only a bite of a dessert. You can't do it. You have to be really magnificent about it. Me my first thirty pounds of this die were ilus fifty seven. I was like a Navy seal. You imagine asking a Navy seal to lose weight, how dedicated and hard working they would be to do it. That's what I was like, that's one way. Do I recommend it for everyone? No, but that brings in number two. Count calories. I lost thirty pounds and I ended up talking to this woman who is a nutritionist, and I said, you know, I lost thirty pounds. It was really hard. She said, well, you're counting calories, aren't She said no. He said, well, let me tell you. You want to lose weight and have it easy. Count calories. You're entitled to twenty five hundred calories a day. If you want to lose weight, you have to do less calories per day. And let me give you a trick. If you take off five hundred calories a day and only do two thousand a day, at the end of a week seven days, you lose thirty five hundred calories and you're going to lose at least a pound. I started counting calories and from there the thirty pounds I lost, I lost twenty seven pounds. That seemed overnight. So back to where I was. There are two ways I just gave you to lose weight, and then of course there's these new things. Oh zempic the shot to tell you the truth. I know they work. I know a lot of people have done it. I know the weight loss is dramatic. I know nothing more than that. I don't know if you're hungry when you're doing it. I don't know if it's healthy. I don't know what happens if you have to do it for life. But that's the third choice, and you'll see for me. Here's the thing. Keeping the weight off is ten times more difficult than losing it. You know how many times I lost twenty pounds, how proud I was of myself, how happy I was. I started a different wardrobe, and I gave myself a little time, and then I fell back into the rot. That's why I was in a diamond my whole life. Well, right now you're talking to someone for the last three and one quarter years has not gained weight because I'm diligent. I have made up my mind I will not allow myself to grow. And I stay with it and stick to it, and let me tell you what I do I'm very careful what I eat. I said it earlier. There's no one in this country that doesn't know that fish chicken, no oils or few oils. Vegetables grilled or steamed, not sauteined, potatoes franchise, no pizza, no cake, no ice cream, no and on and on and on, and I do it. And then there are some people on the weekend, Saturday and Sunday just do whatever they want, or in my case, I allow myself some treats sometimes during the week. And what I do is I weigh myself every day, and I allow myself a two pound window. If I gained two pounds being having pasta or having pizza or having cake. The minute I hear two pounds, I'm back to being a Navy seal boom back on it. Weigh myself every day and I hold that weight, and I'm telling you, holding that weight is harder than losing it. But let me tell you what it's done for me. I feel better, I feel stronger, I feel more excited. I look in myself in the mirror every single day and I feel a sense of accomplishment. I feel that I've really done something to improve myself. I like the way I look. I like my new wardrobe. I like this Mark Weber. And the bottom line, any one of you out there can cure your obesity. There are some I know that I've glandular problems and on and on, but the bulk of this country would be healthy and healthy earth. They lost the excess weight they're carrying around. Anybody wants to understand going to your local hardware store it's coming to be winter. To pick up a ten pound bag of salt for the winter. You will not believe how much a ten pound bag of salt feels like. And then think about pasting that around your hips. Let own twenty pounds in my case fifty seven. And you know what the funny thing with me, if you saw me, you wouldn't think of me as fat because I carried the weight. Well, it was the proportion well, but I was fat at a forty two inch waist at one point. Now my waist is thirty four. So listen, we're talking about a new chance, a new beginning, a new government. Robert F. Kennedy's coming in. He's going to talk about how you could be your own judge, you could be your own critic, you could do something about your life, because one of the biggest problems in this country is obesity. And I'm sure there are better ways to do what I said. I'm not an expert. There are professionals who can help you, but I can tell you if you have the discipline, you can do what I did. And then once you do, or once you see you're making progress, don't give up. Because nothing tastes as good as skinny. And that's common sense, and I know common sense is not so common in twenty twenty four, back in a minute.
Speaker 5: Always in Fashion.
Speaker 2: Spent a lifetime of my career building the van Usen brand, and I am so pleased that they're back with us now talking about suits. Men were dressing up again and it's become cool to wear a suit. Suits can be worn on multiple occasions, in multiple ways. You could wear a suit formally to go out at night or to an event. You wear a suit to the office with or without a tie. If you look closely, now fashion trends, suits are being worn with turtlenecks or mark next. The choices are endless, and every one of them looks right. You could really really look the part. I believe that packaging yourself is as important does the products you package, and wearing a suit is one of those things that make men look their best. Venues and invented a new idea. It's called a cool flex suit. It's been engineered with stretch technology, giving you the most comfortable fit and mobility. It's wrinkle resistant fabric, it's cool moisture wicki. It makes it perfect for all occasions. As we discussed just now, this new style of looking sharp while feeling cool and comfortable is amazing and I'm so excited that the van Using company is involved in this new technology and is embracing the whole idea of dressing up. Let's not forget van Using, Maine It's name with dress shirts. It's only proper that the suit business follows strongly in its way. You can find van Ues in cool Flex Men's stretch suits at jcpenny are online at jcpenny dot com. Guys, they're great. You should go look at them. D k and Why Donna Karen, New York. Donna Karen began her career as one of the finest, most successful, powerful women in the fashion industry. She developed a collection aimed at the lucky market for women on the go, women who were powerful in their workplace, women who had lives that extended beyond the workplace, and her clothes went from day and to night. An extraordinary collection. But the interesting thing Donna Karen had a young daughter, and she had friends and they couldn't afford to buy the Donna Aaron collection, and Donna invented DK NY Donna Aaron New York. It's an offshoot of the Donna Karen collection. The same concept a lifestyle brand. Now we talk about lifestyle brands, what does that really mean? Simply what they say, there are brands that follow you throughout your lifestyle. You get up in the morning, you start to get dressed Donna Karen Decaan why as intimate apparel, as hosiery, as all those products. You're getting dressed for work. You get accessorized shoes, handbags, and it takes you through the day. The remarkable thing about DK and Y clothes for work, they work into the evening. The dresses, the suits, the pants, the sweaters, the blouses, extraordinary clothes at affordable prices that go from day in tonight. Part of your lifestyle is active. You have weekends, you have events, you participate in sports, Donna Karen's casual clothes did that under the DK and Y label, a vast array of casual sportswear that make women look great as they navigate their busy lives. Whether you going to soccer games for your children, or whether you're going out to the movies, whatever you want to do, DK and Y Jeans, dk Y Sportswear is there for you. That's what a lifestyle brand is. And I need to mention DKY active Wear, which is extraordinary, the leggings, the sports bras, the sweats. You can wear DKY active Wear, certainly in the gym, certainly when you're working out at home, and certainly if you want on the street, because it's that well done. The quality of dk why is nothing short of exceptional. And why shouldn't it be because it was born from the idea of luxury made affordable for women of America. DK and Why a true lifestyle brand that takes you from day and tonight, from the week into the weekend. DCN Why you can find DCN Why and Macy's DKY dot com.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to us always in Fashion. Here's your host, Mark Webber.
Speaker 2: I suppose this is our election night show I'm excited about the country starting all over. I'm excited, you know, even if I believed where the Democrats were, which I don't. I agree with them on some social issues, but by and large I'm a Republican. Right now, They've given me no choice. The Republicans are the one with the common sense, and I find the common sense is not so common and it doesn't seem to me that Democrats have any lake to stand on right now. They could be angry they lost, They could be brutal they lost. There's a reason they lost. Donald Trump was a candidate for change, and the country wanted change. They wanted to change away from a lot of the policies that the Democrats are stifelish, and Biden and company just didn't deliver the way the American people wanted to be delivered. Open borders, inflation, prices rising, disappointment. This is a time for change and it's a wonderful time. And all I want to say tonight on the election, yeah, I'm happy the Republicans won for the reasons I just mentioned. I believe that they have a better view on where the country should be. But that aside. What tonight's message is It's time for us to all suck it up and agree to agree. Jesse was here early and he said it right. Those things that are easy to agree on, that are common sense, let's agree on. Now. You want to argue about abortion, that is okay, because you know I agree with you. So those you want to hate me for liking Trump right now to tay when it comes to abortion. I want women to choose. Doesn't mean I like the idea of abortion, but I try and look aside and say it's a woman's choice. So there's common sense afoot here. And that's really what I'm thinking about. And all I want to do in the terms the government, and please all of you had disappointed, give it a chance, be open minded, watch what goes on. Don't put up roadblocks, don't accuse the president of the Republicans of anything other than trying to do the right thing until they're not. You don't have to agree with everything. Let's see them fix up problems, Let's see them stop the wars. And that's why I'm talking about this tonight. When not a political show anyway, what do I want to talk about now? Being the name of the show is always in fashion. I have a fashion question. Jesse is really busy. He's executive prouser of a show called Prime Crime. He does a podcast called Sidebar that gets ten to fifteen million views a month. It's crazy. So anyway, he had to leave. Even though it's late, he had to leave. He's going on. He's the legal analyst for News Nations, so you never know when they call him. News Nation is twenty four hours a day. What never? That asked this question of Jesse. But I'm going to ask it of you. The retail business is tanking. At the moment, it was great. It's not doing well right now. You want to know whether retail business is bad right now? Well, you could say we don't have as much disposable income to buy stuff. You could say fashion isn't exciting, nobody's buying. You could say that everybody's preoccupied with the election. I would tell you any of those things are possible. That's what's happening. What's happening. Some might say climate change, And what does climate change have to do with a retail economy, particularly in luxury retail and fashion? Ready for the answer. No one's buying cloats, No one's buying gloves, No one's buying winter boots. No one's buying any of those things that they refer to as seasonal products. Everybody's waiting and the business is killing everything. Now, if climate change is the reason for this beautiful weather in October November, huh, can't we just I have climate change up to here. It doesn't work that way. I live on the water. I'm scared of climate change. But I got to tell you, I'm enjoying the weather. But back to retail, it's affecting everything. I'm sure stores are cutting back on payroll, taking people to work less hours, getting paid less. But the good news is, in the next few weeks, this inventory has to be sold. And what does that mean? Everyone is going to give sales and discounts on these products. It's not good for the manufacturer, it's not necessarily good for the retailer, but it's good for the consumer. The other thing is I needed a plumber. I'll tell you, I've talked about this all the time. Now, if I knew what I knew now, I might be a plumber or electrician. Boy, oh boy, when those people are needed, you do anything. I got to quote your price. It doesn't matter what the price is you're gonna pay it. You are desperate, but you have a notice. You get priced based on where you live. I can tell you literally that the work I've had done in my house for emergencies, which are not really emergencies, I suppose could bankrupt anybody. It's so expensive it's crazy. I often wonder whether or not if I was living at my old house, it would be half the price. I really believe that's the case. The other thing I thought about is one of my first watches was a Cassio watch. I've been looking. Cassio has gotten very adventuresome, and the kinds of watches they're making very out there. I, for one, always love Cassio. There's something very manly about a Cassio. In fact, let me tell you where I saw my first Cassio watch. Because we were building factories with my other company in these countries we were visiting. In Asia, we had access to the top echelons in government because of a big company, and not only were we buying products that we were building factories. And on one of the tours we got as VIPs. They took us into one of their Air Force bass and they introduced to one of the head pilots who flies F sixteen's, And he gave us a tour of the facility, and then he took us up the steps of his personal FC six and started showing us all the controls. And I'll never forget he was wearing a cassio and his hands looked like surgeon's hands. They were big, they were veined. He'd looked like such a macho guy. Was brilliant, he was smart, and he was showing us how the plane works. And I remember asking about his watch. It was the first time I found out what a G shock was, and I went home and I bought that same G shock and I'd loved it. Fast forward all these years, I became a Rolics guy, And when I look at Irolics, I never forget. Every time I look at it, I think about G Shock And you know what, they both do the same thing. One cost two hundred dollars and one cost twelve thousand dollars. It makes me wonder about things that become generic and important to Americans. Do you ever think about generic names. There was a time that if you wore khaki pants, they were called dockers. People walk into a stone, say I need Dockers, not khakis. That became the generic name tissues. I need a Kleenex generic. Can you imagine the power of brand Coca Cola. Coke became the name for Cola, even though Pepsi is my favorite. I think these names, these brands have become so powerful. They're amazing, and I am excited that I could recognize this, and I think about how important it is to build brands. On a night we're talking fashion, I just talked to you a little bit out of retail. The most generic name right now for fight fight Fight is Trump. That's how I'm ending the show. I beg you, I ask you to give this administration a chance. Let's come together, America. Use your brands, use your common sense, because I know common sense is not so common. Good Night,