Speaker 1: Come and get it.
Speaker 2: When it comes to her Toto Barbecue, some of the best barbecue you've ever had in your life. Locations in Mansfield, there's one in Fort Worth, there's one in Arlington, there's two more inside of Globe live Field, and then there's one more in the Dallas Farmers Market. And her Totto Barbecue is exquisite. Brandon Hurtado's family recipes, they're spin on Mexicue.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: I highly encourage you to go get some Hurtato Barbecue this weekend. And if you're in Dallas, don't forget. It's now available in Dallas at the Dallas Farmers Market hur Toato Barbecue.
Speaker 1: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Good listeners, here comes kt fun tweets were the round.
Speaker 1: Now let's go around the sports. Kt fu queints has all the sports.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Mark Cuban did an interview with Channel eight Jonah Givad last night and.
Speaker 1: I pulled five clips from it.
Speaker 4: Maybe we'll have time to get into a couple of cowboy things, but uh, it was. It started off kind of strange and I saw this on Blue Sky is WFA was promoting it. Mark not tweet this only on Blue Sky. So this is such BS. I sat down to do an interview with about cost Plus drugs. I answered a few inevitable maths questions. Trust me, there's zero I haven't said publicly before. Which is fed up is that they tell What is fed up is that they tell me the cost Plus interview will air in a few months math stuff tomorrow. There's not like running from the fact that he did it. I think he's just mad at the cost Plus stuff is not top of mind. It is weird to say, hey, thank you for this sit down. We're gonna run your pharmacy stuff in a few months. Yeah, there's gonna be so much There's gonna be so much news until then, we can't get to it.
Speaker 1: I've never heard that ever.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of anybody pre recording an interview for a local news station in two months.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know what time did that Cuban Blue Sky thing hit.
Speaker 1: I saw it at night. I don't know when it hit. There is I took screenshots. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Okay, the reason he didn't tweet it it's only on Blue Sky.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The reason I ask is because of how they started the newscast like they were promoting it, and they were saying, now, look we'll we'll talk about cost I mean, I'm I'm paraphrasing, but it was very much he sat down to talk about cost Plus, but we have this Maverick stuff that we have to do, right like that was it was almost made me think that he blue skide that before the thing hit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe it was like a nine minute thing that they cut as the full interview where there's no mention of cost plus drugs.
Speaker 5: It's all the match stuff. Yeah, and they were promoting. They were promoting on the newscast. You can go watch more as soon as the newscast is over at w f A A plus.
Speaker 1: Who is your son's favorite player? Mark, who's your son's favorite player?
Speaker 6: It was Luca Binox, Max Christy. He did a hard shift, yeah, because I told him once an MFL you know it's the jersey I saw you he was, but he was with you for the game in La.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: But like my daughter, my middle daughters was Quentin Grimes. She was just so upset when we.
Speaker 4: Traded Quentin, trading away all Cubans kids favorite players.
Speaker 1: That is that's some of my minute stuff there.
Speaker 5: I have some friends who's I think she's a junior in high school.
Speaker 1: Their daughter's favorite player was.
Speaker 5: Quentin Crimes too, as he's big with the high school girl community.
Speaker 4: I wonder if he has like a TikTok or something. Did they not consult you?
Speaker 7: Do they not consult you on anything?
Speaker 6: Or are they just they might tell me something after the fact. Or now, with Rick Welts in particular, if there's something going on where I've had experience, I'll reach out to him and just say, hey, expect this, this, this, and this. But from a basketball perspective, I hear about it after the fact.
Speaker 7: I don't hear about anything beforehand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's that's the thing. The whole transaction that was made. Initially, Cuban was saying he would still be in charge of basketball operations, and we were all scratching our heads, going how is that possible? And I guess I tricked myself into thinking, Okay, well, the Addilson's are interested in an arena and gambling, and they realized this is an asset, it's a support they don't really probably know a lot about. So yeah, like Cubans still run basketball ops. But basically that was not the case at all. He immediately became I mean didn't they even say, hey, stop sitting behind the bench like well on the road. He's not allowed to because he's no longer the NBA governor, Right, So Dumont became the NBA governor, So the NBA said you can't. So now he's essentially he still owns twenty seven to twenty eight percent or whatever, but he's essentially like us.
Speaker 1: He's finding out after the fact on things. Yeah, do you have any regrets?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Sorry, I do some of them. Oh, I'm sorry talking regreats about selling the team.
Speaker 6: Sometimes I get mad and I want to done this, but not really because you know, go back to why I sold. I don't want my kids to end up in this exact position at some level if they made a mistake. I mean literally, imagine if I didn't and my kids had taken over and they made a mistake like this.
Speaker 7: You didn't want them to go down, you know, the road of owning.
Speaker 6: Not that I didn't want to deal with criticism of it, It's just social media has changed things dramatically, and they grew up with social media, you know, seeing what happened with the Jones family, you know continuously.
Speaker 7: I didn't want my kids to go through that.
Speaker 6: And then Patrick and you know, the Sance Corporation, they're better suited to deal with building than I am.
Speaker 7: Really, I mean the real estate. Yeah, that's what they do.
Speaker 6: And I didn't want to find myself in a situation where I couldn't compete because I didn't know how.
Speaker 7: To do that stuff.
Speaker 6: And I'd rather focus on cost plus from a time perspective.
Speaker 1: There's your cost plus mens, nice man.
Speaker 2: That is very Uh, I don't know transparent, I don't. I don't know that I've ever heard anybody who owns over a quarter of a team when they have a massive trade like this, who's would come out and just call it a mistake?
Speaker 4: That is yeah, I don't. I don't know the ins and out to ever franchising how many are. But that's owned by a big name, the famous person who owns twenty five percent of it.
Speaker 2: You know, he's not towing the company line. He's just being honest. He's saying what he believes. And he's like, he called it a mistake. Would you have ever traded Luca?
Speaker 7: Would you ever have traded Luka Doncic. I'm not going to go there. It's not it doesn't even matter, you know.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, I wonder I wondered about that answer.
Speaker 1: What is the point?
Speaker 2: What is the point of that answer? I guess because now that he's already gone where he's gone.
Speaker 1: I guess has he has? He said there was a mistake to trade Luca. Well, he said a mistake. At the beginning of that he was, yeah, it's not in this one. It might be it was in that. It was at the beginning of that last clip, not this last one before that one regrets about selling the team.
Speaker 6: Sometimes I get mad and I want to done this, but not really because you know, go back to why I sold. I don't want my kids to end up in this exact position at some level of the made a mistake, I mean.
Speaker 1: Literally, yeah, And then he goes on it keeps going. If you keep playing again.
Speaker 6: You imagine if I didn't and my kids had taken over and they made a mistake like this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I mean he critiques the trade in this one, and the question is more like, it was your son mad about the trade? Was your son upset about the trade?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I mean were you yeah? Of course?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, of course if you're you know, if the MAVs are going to trade Luca, that's one thing.
Speaker 7: Just get a better deal. You know, no disrespect to Anthony.
Speaker 6: Davis, but I still believe if we had gotten four unprotected number ones and Anthony Davis and Max Christy, this would be a different conversation.
Speaker 7: That seems to be one of the criticism following. Yeah, but it's not my call, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: I think it would be a different conversation nationally. I don't think it'd be a different conversation here. That's not near enough, but need to be ten number one. Yeah, I mean, I just don't think. I don't think you could get enough to say the fan base because they're emotionally they feel emotionally violated.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree, So there's your interview though, so.
Speaker 5: But I do think it makes it worse for the fan base that there's no one that talks basketball professionally for a living that says it was a good deal for the Mavericks, right, you know, So that just makes it worse.
Speaker 2: There's not one person in the universe that has commented on it that has thought.
Speaker 1: It was a fair deal.
Speaker 2: So that does make it difficult, and it I mean, anything more would be easier to stomach. You know, if there were four unconditional first round picks, it wouldn't I don't.
Speaker 1: I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I don't think the fan base would go whoa great trade, but I think it would be easier than just one, Yeah, for sure. And part of it is when you see Polinka and he's there looking like Rob Low, like a poor man's Rob Low, and he's debagging it up in his ponsie jacket, and you're like.
Speaker 1: How did you do that? Like you held on to assets. It just is infuriating. I'll swititch to Cowboys for a minute.
Speaker 4: This is quick. It's twelve seconds. It's from a podcast, I you know, the one Star Cowboys podcast. You guys ever, I don't know, but the athletic reporters are John Michioda and sad Yusuf. And I asked them a couple quick questions, answer quickly, right, will they be here?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 7: One?
Speaker 1: Two? Three?
Speaker 2: Jordan Lewis yes, yes, rico' daddle yep, yes.
Speaker 4: DeMarcus Lawrence no, Chauncey Golston no. Okay, So we got them mixed on that one. So Jordan Lewis and Rico daddle. That tells me the Cowboys you're gonna go sign Jordan Lewis and Rico o' daddle. I'll resigned those guys, okay, and okay, because you need another cornerback right now they have one.
Speaker 2: Yes, And Jordan Lewis is great, and you're probably gonna draft a rookie running back with one of your first three picks, and so it would be great if you have a good backup or if he's the starter initially while you bring along a rookie, and.
Speaker 4: If Freak goes too much, then you can just say that's all right, dude, see you, we're good.
Speaker 1: So I don't think Greek will be too much. I don't think you will either.
Speaker 4: So you have that, guys, I think I'm becoming a shot guy.
Speaker 5: Like he's a hockey player, totally a hockey player nickname. Oh so went on with the smoking hot k Adams and uh, you know she's doing the interview and here's what happened.
Speaker 3: Team the locker room loves Shoddy and and just the person that he is, he's a good dude. Called me afterwards, regulations, me and my family went to dinner. He found out where we went to dinner and he, uh, he sent me a little gift to you know, just the kind of the kind of care that he has for for us and kind of coach that you can run.
Speaker 7: Through a wall for.
Speaker 8: You know, what did he send you? What did he send? What did he send? Tell me?
Speaker 1: A bottle of sham?
Speaker 8: He did? He found out where you guys were going, and he said deliberate. That's a that's a classy touch. That's nice, all right.
Speaker 5: Why wasn't she comfortable just saying it once? That was interesting?
Speaker 1: I think I'm not gonna pick on this.
Speaker 5: No, she's fantastic and she's great at what she does because she's hot. But the whole thing is like, I think she was uncomfortable with only talking for such a short amount of time, so she repeated it three times.
Speaker 1: I've done that before. Let me hear that.
Speaker 8: What did he send you? What did he send? What did he send? Tell me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I'm like, God, I didn't take up enough of that space. Maybe no one will notice if I just echo this, I want to say the same thing seven times and then it'll sound like I took up more space.
Speaker 1: In this interview. Yeah, I was more engaging. I think, what did he say? What did he say? What? What did he say? What he said it? What did he say? Say? Say? What did he say? I think?
Speaker 4: On her show and they're they're using the zoom interviews, she was just showing dominance.
Speaker 1: But I'll defend her to my death. What's her name?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: What did he send you?
Speaker 1: You'll recognize her? She was good morning NFL? She was good morning.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she's great. He's fantastic. Why are you picking on her? A huge fan of hers, She's a big Dave Matthews. That's a strike, a strike.
Speaker 4: I think it makes her a Hall of Famer. And there's your sports for this day. By twenty twenty five, won't be a day like it again.
Speaker 1: All right, No, there never will be another one.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Coming up next, it's the Today game for this day unlike any other. And you must listen live a lot of people are listening to our show on the iHeart app because you can listen to it in one one st single serving one hour podcast with no music. Some people like it with no music. Some people like to brocket with us, and that's fine. You could do it either way. But this next segment you can only hear if you tune in live