Speaker 1: Y'all ripped up, you need advice? Who you don't have? Come running just as fast as we can. Show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 2: Come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martino, Hey, Hey, hey, hey Tom Martino here. Welcome to the show. We are here solving your problems, answering your questions, taking your complaints, making your life just a little easier. If you give us a call three ozho three Martino, you can call that twenty four to seven and we'll get you on the show. We have first two callers that call three oh three Martino, We're getting them on the show. You can also call while we're live at three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. But three oh three Martino also comes through to the studio when we're live. So welcome back. At the mother Ship, we have Major Mark, Major Doc, and we have hey man, we have a guest coming in. Who do we have coming in?
Speaker 4: I believe we have Discount Bath, but I'm not sure who's popping in. I haven't seen him yet.
Speaker 3: Okay, And then here at the satellite ship, we have Deputy d next to me. And then let's go on to the phones and see what we can do for you. What do you think about the courts or not the courts, but a court ruling the tariffs are illegal, the a court struck down the tariffs, A trade court, a federal trade court, I think they call it, I'm not sure what. A US federal court ruled that Trump's sweeping tariffs are illegal and ordered their removal. So a three judge panel from the US Court of International Trade found that the White House exceeded its legal authority and it said that it is basically illegal. So there will be an implant that there will be a rollback of any tariffs that went into effect, and there will not be. It will not take effect as he wanted to. So that puts a big crimp in his weaponization of tariffs. And I don't say that as a put down. I mean he had a strategy and I think it was working. Everyone is eventually going to want to trade with America and they're going to want to equalize teriffs.
Speaker 4: That's all going to change real quick, man. It's I mean, it's it's all bs. It'll change within a few days. You mean the court, he'll he'll appeal it and win. Yeah, I'm sure they already did appeal it, and they'll at least stay it until it gets up to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 3: Now, more than ever, the courts are taking a legislative role in ruling a Marier. Judges are basically saying, here's what we think is good for America. Now, to their defense, they're going to say, all they're doing is keeping things from getting unconstitutional. But what's weird is almost everything Trump wants they're calling unconstitutional, and almost everything the Democrats want they're saying is constitutional. In a way, the courts are now legislating America. They are ruling America. They are saying, it doesn't matter what the president does, it's what we say that goes. If we say it's okay, it's okay. If not, it's not.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: The balance of power was set up in the US years and years ago with Congress, presidency, and the courts all with their own roles. Congress pass laws, the president coveto, the president had some executive privilege. Then you had the courts that look at everything and say, hey, it's constitutional or not constitutional. But they're the ultimate arbitrari ast to what goes on or not, and they've becoming more. They become more and more activist when it comes to social change, and I believe it goes far beyond the constitutionality of an issue. I think what they're doing is giving their personal beliefs of what should be done, and they're using the Constitution as their crutch. That's my personal opinion. Now I might be wrong. I mean, but is it likely that almost everything that President Trump wanted to do is unconstitutional? Doesn't sound like it just sounds too manipulative. Now, oddly, many of these judges are Republican as well. They're not all Democrat judges. Ruth has an issue with squatters. Ruth, are you talking about squatters in one of your rentals or waters in your yard or talk about it?
Speaker 5: I'm talking about they took over my house when I went into the hospital.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh my goodness. Now wait a minute. Were these people living with you before you went into the hospital. No, so you went into the hospital, and who took over your house?
Speaker 4: People?
Speaker 6: Just people, just.
Speaker 4: People you don't know, you never met before.
Speaker 5: Well, I have known them maybe five years ago. I knew him.
Speaker 3: And how did you know them?
Speaker 5: Well, there was I don't know. People just seemed to be disputing everything about me. For some reason, I owned them.
Speaker 3: But Ruth, do you own the home or do you rent it?
Speaker 5: I own it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Right before? Are they related to you?
Speaker 4: Ruth? Tell me a little more information. Who are these people?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I mean if.
Speaker 4: They're related to you, do you understand? I mean generally what a squatter would be as like a complete stranger that moves in. I guess it could be a relative. But how long were you in the hospital forty five days? And they did not live there prior to you going into the hospital for care.
Speaker 5: No, as a matter of fact, they told me to leave them alone. Have nothing to do with them, their own, their own life.
Speaker 4: How were they related to you?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: How are they related to you?
Speaker 5: Wow? The one that left that was my daughter?
Speaker 4: And how old is she? Okay? And you think she's just like I'm going to try to shorten this up a little, but like she's a bum that just wants to live at your house even though you don't want her there. I mean, is she taking money from you as well? Or what's going on there?
Speaker 5: They stole all my furniture, They ran up a bunch of bills that I never authorized, and yeah, they how did they run.
Speaker 4: Up how did they run up the bills? Like on a credit card, on.
Speaker 5: A bank statement? Credit cards? What else? Well, they had my you know, my first when I when I went to the hospital, it was an emergency because I ended up having that open heart surgery right in there. A dentist didn't a dentist didn't seem to get the ad best tooth, and so it went and put a hole in my heart.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 5: Not But anyway, when I think they felt like I should have died, they were ver happy to take over the house.
Speaker 4: And so when you showed back way, did they come just did they visit you in the hospital at all?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 5: Not that I know of.
Speaker 4: Okay, so when you got when you got home, it was just a surprise they were living there. Yes, And did you tell them to leave at that point?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: I tried. I was told to just go to my room and shut up.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, what kind of daughter. You guys must have some kind of riff going back aways? Did you call the police?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they've been out various a lot of times.
Speaker 4: Well, give me an example. You say various times, like for what different reasons?
Speaker 5: Well, I came home and I noticed my home looked different. But I tried to say, you know, well, one little thing that happened right off the bat was they were using my dishes, are my pots and pans, and had the fire burning real hot and burning my time. And I was trying to say nicely, you know those are waterless cook wears, and you just need to What I wanted to say is you just need to keep the fire down more than a little bitt Yeah.
Speaker 4: But Ruth, Ruth's Ruth, Ruth, Ruth, Hold Ruth, hold on one second. I got to take a break. But what I want you to do, I want you to focus on when the police came out, the different times they came out, hold on and what actually happened in what you said when you called them. But hold on a second. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We do have two lines open. Uh Shasia has an issue with Anderson Windows. I thought that was going to be that other window company we constantly Leah been getting calls about. But it's not. But if you've been ripped off, taken advantage of maybe a bad landlord, any issue three zero three Martino, go with a sure thing.
Speaker 3: Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Sorry for the technical difficulty on YouTube.
Speaker 4: We're back up and running.
Speaker 3: So Mark, Ruth's squatters are actually her kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely one of them. I didn't get to the other relatives, but they are relatives of her, one of which is a daughter that's in their fifties. And Ruth got pretty upset when they were using one of her frying pans and the heat was on a little too high on the frying pan. So take it from Ruth. Did did they move in after you left the house.
Speaker 5: After I had already been in the hospital. Evidently this they did, and.
Speaker 3: They did it without your permission. Yes, and they have and you have no kind of relationship with them whatsoever.
Speaker 5: No, I haven't seen.
Speaker 4: Okay. If you asked, are you home back home now from the hospital? Yes?
Speaker 3: And when you asked them to leave, what do they say?
Speaker 5: I had to have an attorney. Actually, I was scared, and I was I called a friend when I first came home, and eventually after a few days, I was not invited to any mills or anything, and I was feeling like I was not very safe. So I so the policeman came out when I called my friends, and the policeman said to him they need to be civil to me and anyway.
Speaker 3: But the police officer, the police officer didn't tell them they had to leave.
Speaker 5: No, that's that's it's really, you know all they asked. And I think it's very important, is it. Do I think anybody has any guns? And hopefully I thought there was no guns in my house in but hopefully there still wasn't that I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but here's what I want to know. Have you asked them to leave?
Speaker 5: Yes, definitely, but I couldn't because she came screaming at me while nobody was around.
Speaker 4: But had my room and that I had do they happen to have power of attorney.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I ended up falling over, banged my head and had to be taken back to the hospital to have it looked over, because when you you know, I hadn't been in the hospital. There was out of the hospital very long.
Speaker 4: What are they doing in your home? Ruth? What are they doing in your home?
Speaker 5: Well, they're not here now. We I hired an attorney and it took five months to get them.
Speaker 4: Out, and you did, and they fought it for five months?
Speaker 5: Did you say did they fight it?
Speaker 3: Did they fight it? Were they fighting you? For five months?
Speaker 5: They were hostile?
Speaker 3: Okay, So they were finally evicted. Now what are you calling about today?
Speaker 5: They ran up over twenty thousand dollars in bills and so when I told the banks and the charge cards that I did not make the bills, they were all checked out and changed to be fraud. And so then now they made improvements on my house unauthorized. I guess they thought they were going out to live like what now, maybe I'd die?
Speaker 4: And uh so what kind of improvements? I mean, what kind of improvements did they make?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 4: What kind of improvement as did.
Speaker 5: They make what kin I had told I had told. I told the daughter that I canceled the contract and and don't I don't know. I mean, if she would call, I mean I told her if she would call and cancel a contract, that a bathroom was leaking out the side of the tub. And uh so she canceled it. But then they she turned around and went and got some other contractors unbeknown to me, and they put in they fixed the bathroom, and they built it. They finished the basement and put in another bathroom, all another rise.
Speaker 4: Did you pay for them? No?
Speaker 9: And now I'm being at the Now I'm being served that that they want to put a lane on the house for those I did not authorize them.
Speaker 5: They did not have the legal right to make.
Speaker 8: That that.
Speaker 3: So now I want to get I want to get Brad O'Brien on written. I want to get an attorney on to talk about this. They did improvements to your home that were not authorized while they were squatters. Now they want to get paid.
Speaker 5: They I want to find out what contractors do.
Speaker 4: I just got to ask something on the side, how'd you get so sideways with these relatives like your daughter? What happened. This doesn't happen overnight. This is very abnormal. How did we get here?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know what happened to her, but I do know that she got herself somehow the idea that she should go around stealing things all the time. It appears. And I told her I didn't want her. I had some you know, you have your own ring or whatever when you're married. I'm not married in a long time, but I had one. She's everything I have like that. And I kept saying, no, you can't do that. And she's one. And she came over one time.
Speaker 4: She on drugs or something? Is she on drugs?
Speaker 5: I have a concern about that because her son years ago. Whenever I recall this kind of chip, she is growing marijuana.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, well that's fine. We'll get an attorney on tom and see what he's got to say.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 4: Here's what I want to know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to get Brad O'Brien on to see what kind of life, what kind of chance they have of doing this as far as an actual lean, That's what I'd like to know me too.
Speaker 10: I need help with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's what we're gonna do. We're gonna get Brad O'Brien on.
Speaker 4: To talk about It's kind of interesting because a lean is actually on the property. I mean, it's really not I would guess, and I'm dying to hear what Brad's got to say. I mean, think of the story in front of a judge. You're honor my daughter while I was in the hospital, moved into my house, had the basement finished, and had the bathroom finished, and now that's done, and now the contractor wants to get paid and is leaning my house. I mean, what would a judge possibly say to that story? What's your guest? What do you think, Brad would I guess?
Speaker 3: My guess is this the contractor gave her value quantum marrowit and that means that you got the value, you pay the price.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: Then she has a separate issue against her daughter who authorized it and cost her that. So I think it's going to be mixed. Ruth is actually going to be responsible if she got benefit. I know it sounds crazy. Brad is unavailable on being told Brad O'Brien will try to get him on another time with you, Ruth.
Speaker 4: But interesting enough, I just got a text and I'm going to dig into it over this break, but I got a text from Suzanne that says, quote her daughter called our show exclamation points. So I'm going to figure out what her daughter had to say. Is this an only child, by the way, or do you have other kids? I'm just curious, Ruth, is this your only child?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well they broke them old on that one, didn't they. Here's something though, that when it comes up on the show, people get very pissed off at me when I talk about this, but it's something people don't want to talk about. Under the rules in the state of Colorado, if you go off to work one day or take a long weekend vacation. I've said this before and I'm mean it. And let's say Mark's way out in the country, they move into his house or into his garage, they can claim a tendency and he's not allowed to He's not allowed to a victim.
Speaker 4: Through the court. I don't argue with you, but we kind of have an argument about this because I would just handle it different if I walked back in my house after a vacation and was startled in my house with people that I thought were going to kill me, I'd.
Speaker 3: Shoot him dead. Okay, I understand what you're saying. Many other people might handle it that way. But YouTube and the internet space is filled with people who have taken over other people's homes and stayed there blatantly and just stay there boldly.
Speaker 4: Hey, I got it and made them go through the courts. I got a quick question for Ruth. Hey, Ruth, did you dispute the credit card charges on this and the bank sided with you? Did that happen?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 4: So, but hold on, that means you weren't really out of money. So what happened is Tom, her daughter paid with Ruth's credit card. Ruth went to the bank after seeing the charges, and the bank sided with her because the daughter didn't have permission to use the credit cards. So now that the contractor has not gotten paid, that's where we are. Now that's really the entire story. Okay, we have more coming up.
Speaker 3: Waterpros dot net can get you a water system for your whole house, and it includes getting rid of forever chemicals, It includes softening your water, it includes purifying your water, and it includes drinking water at your kitchen sink reverse osmosis. All of forty nine to ninety five. You will never get a better system ever anywhere for the price. If you want just reverse osmosis is around twelve hundred bucks. Waterpros dot net the best water systems at the lowest prices period three oh three eighty six two five, five, five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Fix It twenty four to seven forty nine bucks is some pump complete service. They pull it, they clean it, they adjust it, they make sure it'll work, and it's forty nine bucks. Fix myhome dot com book Now, all right, there are many people texting me saying they agree one hundred percent with Mark. If they came home from the hospital from a vacation, from a long weekend from work and someone who's inside the house claiming they live.
Speaker 4: There, they wouldn't be alive.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the law says on that, but as Brad O'Brien loves to say, that's self help. And you can get in trouble for it.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 3: Once someone is dead and you say they were threatening you, and they're inside your house and there's no one there to say we had a lease or we had an agreement, that might be the end of it. Pretty much could be. But we're being told that no one would put up with it. Yeah, all over the country, people are taking over homes every single day.
Speaker 4: You look it up.
Speaker 3: It's happening every single day. The worst of it is in California. No one can do anything about it. But I often said, if someone moved into Oprah's house, or Ellen DeGeneres, or pick a name, Prince Harry, anyone living out on the coast, if anyone ever did that, what do you think would happen? Do you think they would tell them they had to go through the courts. Do you think they would tell Tyler Perry he has to go through the courts and wait for them to evictim out of his house.
Speaker 4: What do you think would happen? Their security guards would have it handled. I mean, it wouldn't even be an issue because they would never get to live there. You're saying, well, even if they did and the security guards came home with whoever it was, I mean, once again, you know that's a threat someone in your house. I don't know about California, but most states have something like to make my day law if you're in mind.
Speaker 3: Unless they say unless they say I live here.
Speaker 4: Well that's fine. I mean if someone breaks into my house in the middle of the night with a knife and tells me he lives there, they're gonna die.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's what I'm talking about, breaking into your house in the middle of the night. I'm talking about you coming home from a vacation and they're they're there living, and they got packages delivered and they can prove it.
Speaker 4: Mark Listen. I don't think living is my point, Tom. I mean, why would anybody even like you, walk in there's complete strangers in your house. If you have the ability and a gun right there. Why wouldn't you shoot them? I'd be terrified. It's my house. Who are you? Why are you here? I wouldn't even ask those questions what Mark's saying.
Speaker 12: Mark, I think what you're saying is the squatter's tendency will terminate right there and then.
Speaker 4: Yes, that would be my one second notice, year one second note is that that's actually pretty funny. Hey, let's go to uh real quick. I want to finish up on this, Ruth. So here's the deal, and I'm going to bring Ruth back up. But Ruth kind of listen to what I'm saying. And Tom, I don't know if you were here for this call. Originally, the daughter called in Ruth. Your daughter called in here. Her story is a lot different than yours. Her story goes like this, hold on, Ruth, I'll put her on hold.
Speaker 3: What's what's her first name?
Speaker 4: I don't remember. I don't remember. We're trying to figure out who it is because we don't know how to look it up without the first name. But hold on. So she goes to the hospital. They come over because according to the daughter, Ruth, I don't know if this is true or not, but you're like big time hoarder, big time hoarder, Like, can't even walk through your basement, just a hoarder. Stuff everywhere. I don't know if it's trash, I don't recall. But then they had to pay a company to come over and basically clean all the crap out of your house so you could live there. That was hers. She used your credit card to actually pay these contractors to get the house back in order. She said nothing about refinishing a basement, which, by the way, the more I thought about it, and I'll ask Chris he Ons discount bath dot com, think of finishing a basement. You guys do bathrooms. You're not going to finish a basement in forty five days. You couldn't even have inspections in that period of time. So when Ruth tells me that they came over and had her basement refinished and remodeled a bathroom, all within forty five days, that doesn't sound right. The daughter said, they paid people to come in, Ruth and literally make your home livable for you. Then when you found out that your stuff was gone, you got mad, and once again this is according to your daughter, you got mad and went after the credit card company and said it was fraud, and it very well could be fraud. And I kind of agree with that. You didn't give permission to use it. What's so? Whoever, So I agree with that, But the story is one hundred percent different. So what do you make of that? Ruth lies?
Speaker 5: Lies? Lies?
Speaker 4: Okay, I had, I had.
Speaker 5: I'm a senior asery, but I'm a I'm a healthy one. I usually walk a mile and a half two or three times a week before all this happened. And then, uh, anyway, I I have lived here myself because I just enjoyed having my home, having it looking fine, and then not being retired. I wanted to just just enjoy my last year is a little bit and see that kind of life within my home. And anyway, yeah, and so my house.
Speaker 4: You're not a squatter. Huh, you're not a squatter? Order I'm a squatter or what? That's what I mean? Well? Are you a hoarder? No?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, you didn't.
Speaker 4: No, you had no junk. You had no junk.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: I had a few pieces of paper I was reading whenever my heart hit me. There I laid down on the sofa and there's paper around.
Speaker 4: My Spidey senses went up on that. I mean, at least that is a small acknowledge and that you like to have keepsakes, right, Yeah, I sure did. Do you have any old pizza boxes?
Speaker 5: Anny?
Speaker 3: Old?
Speaker 4: What pizza box?
Speaker 5: Pizza boxes? I'm sorry, I'm pizza Oh yeah, she's not getting it. Oh no, oh no. What I had was my grandparents I dearly loved, and they had when they whenever my when they became ill called me and asked me what would I like from my grandparents? And I said, the picture them when they got married, and the yeah, you know, just a few things to remember her and my grandpa together like that, And so I agree, how many things?
Speaker 12: I think.
Speaker 4: Ultimately, what's going to happen with why she called is they're either going to lean it or not. I don't know what was done there. I truly doubt that anybody finished the basement in a bathroom in forty five days. I find that impossible. But whatever did happen there, whether it was a cleanup or get all the stuff out, I don't know. But if the contractors that were there have not gotten paid, which they haven't according to both of them, then they're either going to lean it and then bring you to court, Ruth and prove the lean or. They're not going to There's not much more that's going to happen here.
Speaker 5: Well, they're still on furniture. I had nice furniture. I have pictures of it, and they can't. They sold it all and took it through.
Speaker 3: Do you have pictures you can send us? Do you have pictures you can send us?
Speaker 5: Well, okay, I'm all right. My my other my real phone that I had was a Samsung and I'm not real good on it, and I'm doing all I can to get these pictures off of my I ended up having to get an iPhone. I need help and get these pictures done. I tried to send them to the police, and for some reason they keep blocking and not getting something.
Speaker 4: And here's how we uh, here's how we came down with this. The contractor, Eduardo is actually the caller from one twenty two. Suzanne actually nailed the months too, and he gave us the daughter's information that paid us. So Eduardo is the one that has not gotten paid. And then when I got the daughter's information, we called over there and talked to the daughter and that's how we learned all about this.
Speaker 5: Well, all I can say you.
Speaker 4: Weren't allowed According to your daughter, you weren't even on this January twenty January twenty second. Yes, but listen to this. According to the daughter, you couldn't even come back to your house because the city wouldn't let you. They would not even Well, okay, I'm putting her back on hold because I have a feeling we're going down a rabbit hole. And what I mean by that is, if I recall literally and if your daughter is that good of a liar, she should win an Emmy or something, because what she said is you weren't allowed to go back into your house because the city basically condemned it. So if they didn't have the work done, you wouldn't even be able to go home. Ruth. I'm you can finish it up. I'm very I'd like to get the daughter back on I don't know why you're on here.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I mean, there's different strokes, different opinions. I see this call from Eduardo. He never got paid. Do we have Eduardo's number anywhere?
Speaker 12: I'll be happy to give a Duardo a call if we know the name of his company or his name or I.
Speaker 4: Would love to know he's a third party in this, and I'd like to know the scope of work. What did he do there that I would love to know.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'd like to see his proposal and his invoice and will halis what was done?
Speaker 4: Do we have his info Kelly or Susanne? I know you're listening for it. I would love to have either the daughter or Eduardo's number, and I'd love to hear the scope of the work. It's pretty simple. Either I got to take it, I gotta tap and clean the place up, or they refinished the basement.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. That's hi, Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk. By the way, we have Ruth's daughter on the phone. Ugh, Joanna, Joanna, Yes, did you hear your mom's call? No? She said you squatted in her place and wouldn't leave, and you did unauthorized repairs and now you're now you're the contractors are trying to lean her house.
Speaker 6: Interesting, did you move in?
Speaker 3: Did you move in without permission? Did you move in without.
Speaker 6: We had a lease, she signed the lease. As a matter of fact, when she signed the.
Speaker 13: Lease, she signed it in front of a notary, and she was so cognizant of the differences between the power of attorney for the medical and the leases.
Speaker 6: Because we have a zip code that's eight O two three four, and it is it's separated. It's Denver from Aurora.
Speaker 13: It's an unincorporated Rebel county and in front of the notary.
Speaker 4: All right, hold on, hold on, hold on. We're dying to hear the rest of this, but we have to go to break.
Speaker 3: Please hang on, Joanna, we want to hear the rest of the story. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 4: Find out now three out the three seven seven to one help.
Speaker 3: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped up new need that's so you don't have come running just as fast as we can. Show Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 4: Six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martino, Hello Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five One Clear Choice Garage Doors there for you when you need him twenty four to seven. If a spring breaks the opener's not working, you can call it any time or make a regular appointment, of course, when it's not an emergency. One Clear Choice Stores. All of their is clearly marked on that website. One clear Choice Doors dot Com Anything garage door related, great people. One clear Choice Doors dot Com. All right, So Ruth started calling saying, look, I was in the hospital. My daughter moved into my house and took it over and she did improvements I did not authorize, and now they left. I got him evicted when I got home, But now people are coming after me. They want to lean the property for the improvements and for the cleanup. And that's what she's calling about now. Joanna, who says she's Ruth's daughter, says that's not the story at all. In fact, Joanna says Ruth gave her a lease and Ruth was quite cognizant of the fact that Joanna was going to lease the house. Joanna, if that's true, why is Ruth calling us now with this story because.
Speaker 6: She was a want to pay for the contractor.
Speaker 4: In the contractor? Joanna, is it correct that your mother was not allowed to move back into the house because it was in such bad shape until it got cleaned up? I recall something like that or is that a different call?
Speaker 6: Correct? No, that's the exact same thing, the exact situation. So she literally came home from the hospital on August or October twelfth, and we all took her to a birthday party because it was my granddaughter's birthday and my son's birthday. And at the day she came home, we welcomed her home with and then we welcomed her home, the whole entire family did. We took her to a birthday party, her great granddaughter's birthday parties, and then when we brought her home, my daughter who was twenty sixth my son in law, my granddaughter who the time was under the age of a year, myself. We all moved in and she seemed to be just fine until she started getting the bills and she didn't want to pay. She didn't want to pay. Now, she neglects to negates to state that the house was in such disrepair that she didn't even have a bathroom in the master bathroom for at least ten years, And so she actually had a contract that she wanted me to negotiate to get her out of. Prior to while she was in the hospital, she kept yelling about the interest rate. And I don't remember the name of the company, but her and her fiance, Craig Jones, were in together with getting this bathroom, and he kept saying that she was going to have a lien on the house if we didn't get this bathroom taken care of. And so she had me to negotiate.
Speaker 4: May I ask something? May I ask?
Speaker 3: And that Yeah, Okay, That's what I meant. So I want to ask you something about your mother, Ruth Trina, and that is I want to know if I want to know what the lease was for, why did you have a lease with her?
Speaker 6: I did a lease because we knew that we were using her cards and we had permission, and the lease was to help pay to help her pay it, to help we were not going to leave her alone with that. The lease was to help her pay it. I mean she she started acting.
Speaker 3: What did the lease say? Did the least say you were going to live in the basement? Where were you going to live the whole house?
Speaker 4: What were the traditions?
Speaker 6: My daughter and my son in law, we actually updated and added the bathroom downstairs, and added fixed the heating system, and added a living quarters in a bedroom in the basement, and then we added and updated a bathroom in the master bedroom. We tore out the carpet, we added the bathroom. We four down mirrors, and replaced carpet throughout the whole entire upper floor. On the third floor, we removed belongings that had been there from my grandmother and her previous husband. She called him Tom. She says she was her husband. They were never married, and we put those things in storage so we could all cohabitate, and she didn't even give us enough time. She got home, she started acting delusional and left August Halloween. She left Halloween was the first incident where I have her recording. I have her own recording where she's calling the police on me and I'm literally sitting there in her room while she's telling them all of these horrible things about me. And that's the incident. So it was get my house updated, pin it on my daughter, make her pay for it. And then with the other contract I don't know if they are trying to sue her as well. But the contractor who came, he did an amazing job and he didn't have to do. The crew that he brought in and the things that they did, they did the things that they people would have take months to do to bring her home. And there were contractors that they were moving furniture one of these routs.
Speaker 3: I mean, Joanna, you're Joanna, you're saying, You're saying, Ruth had complete knowledge of everything going on.
Speaker 6: And then now playing and text her and Faith timed her and sent messages and messages. I will come down with my phone and show you all of the evidence. I cannot email all of this stuff. I have text messages where she did my son and my daughter in law into coming and moving the prior to her open heart surgery planning.
Speaker 3: This all sounds it all sounds very convincing. Trust me. So you're saying, Ruth right now is putting on an act?
Speaker 10: Correct?
Speaker 4: Hey, Ruth, what what do you you know this?
Speaker 3: When we hear the other side of the story, it changes everything, Ruth?
Speaker 5: Well, okay, whatever, what do you mean it changes it? Well, I don't know what you mean.
Speaker 4: Well, it changes everything.
Speaker 3: She says she has a lease with your signature in front of a notary.
Speaker 5: No, that least was never signed by me, and it was a forgery and I never saw the lease before. And then suddenly they threw it at me at my face after I had been after I moved out of my house because I was I'm nice to be there. My attorney had all.
Speaker 10: Of this on record.
Speaker 4: How did they get you evicted?
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 6: We left because of the torments. We have them coming to the house and tormenting us every single day. We have videos of them surveillancing the home.
Speaker 5: We have her We said you know what, they've never paid it. If it was a release, there's no money that was ever forwarded to me.
Speaker 9: We couldn't.
Speaker 5: But what about that that was not a lease? They wrote it?
Speaker 4: Well, hold on, hold on, that's ruth. Hold on, that's a great question. Did you ever pay her?
Speaker 3: I couldn't, Joanna, what does that mean you couldn't?
Speaker 6: Well? When she was in the hospital, Sir, I am a single person and I don't have any money, and I was literally in a situation from leaving a very leaving a sit okay situation. So I thought I was helping my mother in the process here. And when I was assisting her and rehaving her house her, I did not have a job. I was an independent contractor.
Speaker 4: So what did the lease say? Zero rent?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: It said that I would pay well, was a January first, that we would start to lease January first? That would give me enough time in order to help her sort out her medical stuff. I was applying with the state in order to be her caregiver. And that's when she started to freak out, because you can get assistance on helping her and taking care of her, and that money would have regenerated to put back in her pocket to pay the freaking credit cards.
Speaker 4: You know, ladies, this whole this whole thing, Oh wow, this whole thing is just nuts. And I got to say this. You guys are separated now, you're not living there, so I don't even think that's an issue anymore.
Speaker 14: I was homeless. I literally left and lived in my car because I literally.
Speaker 6: Could not stand the amount of abuse this woman has put me through for the last fifty two years.
Speaker 4: Ah, that's what I was asking before. When did this begin?
Speaker 14: Yees, fifty two years ago. I have documentation that she has been obsessed with my whole entire life for fifty two years since I since birth. This woman, you can't even give me the details.
Speaker 10: Of my birth.
Speaker 14: She said that I was born and she thought it was she had the flu.
Speaker 5: She can't tell me.
Speaker 3: How long she I was born in a crossfire hurricane exactly.
Speaker 6: And then my kidnapt me when I was.
Speaker 4: Five from wait Water Dad. Your dad kidnapped you.
Speaker 14: You kidnapped me when I was five from her, and the set replaced me back to her.
Speaker 4: She did have her as we got the makings of a song here. Not only that, this is like we could re erect the Jerry Springer Show. I just have one last question for you. Joanna, I just have one last question for you.
Speaker 12: Said that the city would not allow your mother to move back into that house unless some situation was remedied.
Speaker 4: First, I didn't do this. How did you get that notice? I see somebody said that the city? Am I the only one who heard Mark said it? I said Mark said that. I Mark said that because Duardo said that. Is he the contractor?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yes, I know. Duardo said that these prepared to be made.
Speaker 6: They had to because the system.
Speaker 4: Was Well you're yeah, I understand your idea of needing to be made in the cities is a little different. So that's all. But let me just say this and then Tom finish up with these guys. But you guys are separated now. It's evident for fifty two years you can't stand each other. So I'd suggest you stay away from each other. And as far as you go, Ruth, that contractor once again is going to have to send you a ten day notice to lean, and he's got to do that within four months, and then actually lean the property, and then from four months of when he left your house, within six months, he's got to basically file an action or file a court date and serve you and then you guys will go and you either owe it or not. It'll be up to a job. I think.
Speaker 3: I think Eduardo. I think Eduardo's already too late to do a lean. He called us in January, so let's just say February, March, April, May. He's coming up on four months right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's it. Ruster's probably on this thing anybody can do. He can lean your property, but he'll never be able to make it valid. And I think it's a shame a mother and daughter and have such such issues. I remember having issues with my parents growing up.
Speaker 14: But my god, Yeah, I left we at fifteen years old, and I have never turned back. I thought I was helping her, but you you.
Speaker 4: Just moved in with her. You did turn back, Not that I care, but don't say you never turned back. Well, I came back because I thought I because she said she thought she was helping. Yeah, she thought she was helping. This is Oil and Water Day.
Speaker 14: This September twenty second. She said, oh you'll you'll get the house at least.
Speaker 6: I'll give you the How So I thought I was, you know, working on keeping an inheritance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you didn't. You didn't pay for any of it.
Speaker 11: I didn't.
Speaker 6: My intention was I didn't even get a chance. I was harased from the beginning when.
Speaker 14: When she came home, I was nothing but her.
Speaker 6: Wrathed And when I come down and show you this file in these text messages, every day this woman calls and leaves me a voicemail every day she I have her blocked, and she continues to dial my phone number.
Speaker 14: She has harassed me every single.
Speaker 13: Day when we lived in a help when she left October August, October thirty first, on Halloween, when she.
Speaker 4: Hey, Tom, I put her on hold. I mean, I don't think there's much that I couldn't think of. This might be a little out of our pay grade. No, no, there's not much we can do about it. But Ley deputy docs chomping on the bit here. He's saying he might be able to jump in and figure this out. Nice trimark awsome. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Now here's the deal. She's not going to get her house leaned.
Speaker 4: It's too late.
Speaker 3: The daughter has feelings going back fifty two years. This will never be patched. But Ruth, the main reason you called. You don't have to worry about They're never going to be able to collect from you. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best rufer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. By the way, Frank Duranderealestateman dot com remember that name. If you want a market analysis of your home, he'll let you know what it will sell. We're on the market with all factors considered, free of charge, with no obligation. Frank Durandereal Estate Man dot Com three h three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Nancy wants to talk about housing? Go ahead, Nancy, what's going on with you?
Speaker 15: Hello?
Speaker 10: Tom?
Speaker 7: Hi, are you today.
Speaker 3: Hi, good, what's going on?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 7: I live in the Starting Housing Authority here in Starting, Colorado. I've been here almost eight years.
Speaker 6: In the department, and.
Speaker 7: The one I lived in since December of twenty twenty four, we had sewer and water damage almost every other day, and it was coming from the shower lift of the shower all the way into my bedroom closet and on the carpeting. I would have to call maintenance and they would come out and they'd get the feces and the toilet paper and do it with a wet back, and then they'd throw it right on my front porch, right in the front lawn. And then we'd be without a toilet, without using the bathroom, or without a shower, and we have to go to the rec room to use the bathroom whenever we could. And then this was happening constant for at least at least until mid April. And I would go to the office and tell them I'm getting sick. We'd have to clean up everything, and I said, there's something to smell. Is just getting awful. The floor is turning blackish brown all over, and I'm getting sick. They said, well, I don't know we'll we'll see. The executive director came over and said, well, I'll put a work order in and they'll come in shampoo the carpets that never happened.
Speaker 4: These are all is this Section eight?
Speaker 7: Out of curiosity, Well, this is a thing they say, this is starting housing authority, and this is what I've been told. It's an entity of its own. They're not hood, but they have to go by head rules.
Speaker 6: They're not sectional.
Speaker 4: But Nancy, that the only reason I asked that is I didn't know if I wanted to understand if you had other options, like if you could go Mark into another complex. Mark.
Speaker 3: Housing Authority homes are not Section eight Section eight are usually private homes that apply for Section eight private owners. This is a This is a.
Speaker 4: This is agency owned. Housing authorities are hold on.
Speaker 3: Housing authorities are organizations that own properties and get government subsidies. They pass those subsidies on to qualified tenants. So here's what I want to know. You said this started in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 7: Yes, in December. Yes, and then finally moved me because I went to the board, which is the one that makes the decisions here at this housing is already okay. I went to the board and told them how sick I was getting, I was moving hair, I was losing weight, I was everything okay, So they moved.
Speaker 15: Me to it.
Speaker 7: Where did they move you to another apartment complex?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Now? What's going on?
Speaker 7: They didn't treat the other apartment until I moved out, and then I told them I do not want to move here until I know you're cross contaminating bringing all my stuff from this old house too new. She said, they sprayed some stuff and had somebody spray it. Well, I get here and I start getting stick again. Well, they had contractors come in and they determined there was black mold here, there's termites. They have my wall off still from April twenty first, they have all the dry wall off in the front window beside the windowstill and have not came and put anything over it. There's hot wires and there's no plastic on it.
Speaker 10: At first I had to put in a work order.
Speaker 11: Nancy.
Speaker 4: It sounds horrible, but I still have that same question. Do you have the ability to move somewhere else if we could help you break this lease?
Speaker 7: No, because I didn't even have to break it. Now they're saying because I did not pay my rent for an inhabitable reason that they're going to start with the viction procedures. I said, well, you know what, you broke my lease first by not taking care of all of everything, because I've given everything abuse.
Speaker 4: Nancy, Nancy, Nancy, let me let me just let me give you some truth. Truth is what you need right now.
Speaker 3: If you did not pay rent, you're going to get evicted. You're not allowed to withhold rent.
Speaker 4: Well, I have it.
Speaker 7: I have it, say thet to put aside until everything's taken care of. It's not that I'm not paying, it's I'm withholding until they take care of all the things that are supposed to be taking care of for me to be here.
Speaker 4: They're habitable or that's not Nancy, that's just simply not the way you're supposed to do it according to Colorado law. Tom will tell you how to do it properly. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, the first thing we need to do is let's see if we can call them and simply get them to make the repairs. We'll get you in another apartment.
Speaker 7: And director, Yeah, you can never get ahold executive director because she doesn't like confrontations. She doesn't like to admit her wrong. She threw all my stuff out of starge and light about it, have it on video and said she had nothing to do with it. When the maintenance people said there, she's the one that told them to do it. So, I mean, so right now, Colorado, they didn't even do anything.
Speaker 4: They don't they don't control it.
Speaker 7: Well, they said that they will, They'll have the commissioner come out and speak and sit down. If that never happened, I want to get somebody out here to do a real We have people get all sick. We have people getting sick and very sick. It I mean conditions that are already that we have because we're just disabled.
Speaker 5: And then this is Nancy.
Speaker 4: Who is with you? Who is with you?
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 5: Ali Ali?
Speaker 3: This is Ali By.
Speaker 7: Yes, we have plenty of other tents as attendant.
Speaker 5: My whole wall is ripped up to I'm sick with asthma.
Speaker 6: I have a history of asthma.
Speaker 5: My cat died from it three weeks ago.
Speaker 4: And well, I certainly here's the deal.
Speaker 3: Certainly, if these people are living in this kind of condition, I mean they have to address it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they have not any do.
Speaker 11: You have none?
Speaker 5: No, they have not.
Speaker 7: And once you bring it to their attention. They just said, oh, we'll take care of it, and they don't. This has meant that they're put twenty third our walls.
Speaker 5: Or communications and all of our work orders on our records.
Speaker 7: They won't give us our file, they won't give us the report from the contractors that came in of what they found. They found asbestos in my old apartment, three layers with a no lium in the bathroom.
Speaker 5: Black moles, retoxic molds, yes, three toxic.
Speaker 6: Molds, and besides that, the termites, a wing or.
Speaker 4: I think, I think we need someone to call on this. I think dogs. Are you willing to call out there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, deputy deputy dog? Why not call uh sterling and let's let's see what we can find out.
Speaker 7: That'd be awesome. I also there's forty nine vacancies in these three complexes. I don't understand why. But in other buildings, we live in cottages, that's what they're called share. So there's a two other buildings. Okay, So the building that the offices in has bedbugs, my water damage in their rec room that they put a sign on interact your own risk. At first they had to take that down.
Speaker 10: Of course, there's.
Speaker 7: People that have had water damage as well. They don't do anything. They'll catch it up real quick and that's.
Speaker 4: It, all right. So a lot of people listen, Nancy, Nancy, can you move.
Speaker 7: I don't have the fun right now. I've been so thick. I have to travel to you see health from here, I haven't. I don't even immunities now that I believe that, I've gotten that, my body is fighting itself, sir, I'm losing my hair.
Speaker 16: I have nowhere to go.
Speaker 5: And they know this.
Speaker 7: That's the whole place. And they think you hear in places and don't take care of the issues.
Speaker 5: And I've never been sick in my life.
Speaker 14: I was at one seventy about four months ago. I'm at one forty two.
Speaker 7: I'm losing my hair. I'm getting sick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, people don't care.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 5: I can't even open.
Speaker 3: Yes, Nancy, really, seriously, we do care. If this story is even half true, it's terrible, and.
Speaker 7: It's two certain documentations. I would love to invite you to look for yourself. I have pictures, I have videos, I have everything that if anybody needs to see. Yes, it's it's getting worse here and our walls are still exposed to this day. So my wallet has, Nancy, no concrete nothing.
Speaker 4: Yes, we we will.
Speaker 3: We will make some phone calls.
Speaker 7: My family owned Chetny Park.
Speaker 14: They were good killers in the community.
Speaker 7: Okay, I know I've worked in hospitals, I worked in the.
Speaker 14: E R O RS.
Speaker 7: I know, you know, I know how to get rid of material that is not sanitary. They were sewing it in my front law.
Speaker 4: That I did.
Speaker 7: I have picture and video.
Speaker 3: Yes I do, sir, Hey, deputy doc, we need to look into this seriously. If these people in these apartments are being mishandled, we and mistreated, we we have to look into this.
Speaker 15: Doc.
Speaker 3: Hold on, Nancy, We're going to have someone call you off the air, and I promise you we will start looking into this doc this poornight. I'm not hearing. I'm not hearing uh an exaggeration here. I'm really not They're They're desperate. I really feel that. Okay, Brad wants to talk about an illegal search of his car right after this, I'm Tom Martino three O three seven to one three talk Denver. Regen now can treat neuropathy, and they do extremities for neuropathy for legs and feet and arms and hands and they do it through stem cell therapy Denverregen dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com. List your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We got two lines open. You got anything going on? You've been ripped off taking advantage of We definitely want to hear from you. Now, this one's interesting. We're going to go to this call. And here's the deal. Brad said he's got a possible issue with an illegal search of a car. Hey Brad, is it your car?
Speaker 10: Uh? Yes, it was my car?
Speaker 4: So what happened? Tell us the story?
Speaker 10: All right, So let me fast forward past the search because that's not the important part.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 10: The important part is when my vehicle was impounded. I live in Colorado Springs. This happened in Manitou Springs, which is just west of Colorado Springs, the impound lot. I went directly there once I was released from jail, and I proved I had to prove that was my vehicle by showing the tow company all sorts of documentation from insurance.
Speaker 4: To just show the registration of the car that would match your name on your driver's license. It's pretty straightforward.
Speaker 8: I think they need insurance before they release it, mark.
Speaker 10: They need all sorts of stuff. The problem therein lies. I had just purchased the vehicle, so I hadn't gotten it registered yet in my name. Okay, so all I had was insurance. I have, you know, all the documentation from the dealership that I bought it from.
Speaker 4: Got it so you had the bill of sale, you had everything.
Speaker 10: Everything, everything, and it was enough for them to let me into my vehicle to get some of my belongings out. What happened was I was supposed to come back in about two weeks with the money to pay get my truck out. The owner of the company disappeared once that two weeks came around, and second in charge told me, you know what, get over it. Your vehicle's already gone.
Speaker 4: What does that happen? Within? Wait a second, within how many days did this happen?
Speaker 10: I was in jail for ten days when I went directly to the TOE company.
Speaker 4: That was so hold on a second, Brad, I just want to make sure I got this timeframe somewhat straight. You get arrested, the car gets impounded, right, yep, and then you get out of jail ten days later, and your car is gone at that point or no, No, that's when they allowed you. That's when they allowed you to get stuff out of the car.
Speaker 10: Correct, And then I came up with the money.
Speaker 4: And then when did you come up with the money? How much longer?
Speaker 10: Well was it about two weeks later?
Speaker 11: It was?
Speaker 4: So we're still talking under a month's time. Now your car is no longer there, which.
Speaker 10: That month's time is a very important piece of information because legally TOE companies have thirty days. Once that thirty day mark hits, they can legally take possession of your vehicle.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, I'm going to I'm not going to argue or talk about that part of it right now. What I want to know is, first of all, you're only talking about twenty four days. So you walked back there in twenty four days and they said too bad, so sad your car's already gone.
Speaker 10: In twenty four days. I called and said, hey, I have the money. Can I come get my vehicle? The secretary said, yes, your vehicle's here. Yes, it's going to be twenty two hundred dollars. I said, okay, my check. I'll had to check on Friday, which was just a couple of days later. Yeah, we had a time set to come up and get my vehicle. She and I was like, man, twenty two hundred, that's a lot of money. She said, you know what, before I let you go, hold on, let me put you on the phone with my supervisor. He might be able to work with you on the on the price.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got on the phone.
Speaker 10: His name is Dave, he's the second in charge. He told me, you know what, your car's already gone. Get over it.
Speaker 4: And where did he go? Where did the car go?
Speaker 10: Still there? I drove immediately up to the tow company and my truck was sitting in their line.
Speaker 4: What kind of car is it? Brad or truck?
Speaker 10: It was a twenty fourteen f one fifty and you just bought it.
Speaker 4: We know that, so you saw it there? Let me do this. I got to take this break, but I'm dying to know when you saw it there? Did you walk in? Did you say hey? You said it was gone, but it's right there? And then what did they say that? And a lot more coming up?
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contents. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, you have any questions, We've got a couple hours to go here. I'm going to bring Brad back up though he got arrested. Brad, I do want to know why you got arrested though. What was that for because how I saw it at first was the illegal car search? So what was that? Did the charges get dropped? What happened?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I got pulled over for bid? What was it?
Speaker 5: Uh? I don't know why they pulled you over, but you didn't have insurance groups.
Speaker 10: So they pulled me over. I believe it was my license plate because the vehicle was brand new, so I had a paper license plate still the temp tag. Sure, so he said he couldn't. I believe he couldn't see what the tag said, So that was his BS reason.
Speaker 4: I guess, all right, that's fine. So what happened then?
Speaker 10: So they arrested me for.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 10: Let me back up.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not that hard of a question. I mean, was it, DUI? What was it? Did you have a warrant?
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 10: No insurance?
Speaker 4: They arrested you and put you in jail for thirty days for no insurance.
Speaker 10: The no insurance was the reason that they continued on with it when they did not find anything in my vehicle. They found a wallet that belonged to a very good friend of mine underneath the passenger seat that he had left there. Yeah, and they arrested me legitimately for identity sest.
Speaker 4: But it was a friend of yours?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, did that friend report the wallet stolen?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Well, then, Brad, none of this makes sense. Here's what I'm gonna do, though. I've got a criminal defense attorney coming on after this, and we're going to ask him about the rules when vehicles are towed and they're impounded, because he deals with DUIs constantly. We're going to figure out exactly that. I don't quite understand why you would do thirty days based upon your friend's wallet was underneath or I'm sorry, ten days your friend's wallet was under your seat. That makes no sense. Was there drugs in the car? Was the car stolen? Was there anything else that we should know?
Speaker 10: No, the car belonged to me. It was in cash from an inheritance that I received I paid for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you said, okay, but but I didn't mean did you steal it? I'm saying, did they find something else wrong with the vehicle? And then why would you spend ten days in jail based upon no insurance in that wallet?
Speaker 10: I don't get that waited I was waiting to see a judge.
Speaker 4: Interesting, All right, hold on, hold on, We're gonna let me put you on hold. I promise we're gonna get that attorney up and we're gonna figure out if there's anything we can do. When it comes to your car getting sold, it sounds like it got sold at auction, although where we left off, you're staring at it in the parking lot.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Mark's also got initial Social Security I got two lines open three zero three seven one three eight two five five. Everybody hold tight.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Ripped you need so you don't have to.
Speaker 1: Run anxious as as we can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come is the Troubleshooter Show. No Martinecome welcome my friends to the only show of this cat I'm here here to solve problems, answering questions, take complaints. Our goal is to make your life a little bit better. I got Deputy Dmitri, I got Deputy Doc. We got dragging on the other side of the glass. Kelly's answer in your phones. And we've got a guest in studio, Chris. He's the owner of Discount bath We're gonna be talking a little bit about the bathroom remodeling business. I love the fact, Chris, you actually had the kahunes to put the word discount in and you guys have been out to my house and I can truly say your pricing is better than most. It's pretty incredible unless you're talking about you know, a guy in a hammer with a mini van and that's the whole crew. You know, someone no insurance, You get the idea. But as Farruk, yeah, big big style contractors go, you guys truly are a discount price. And I do want to talk about some on your website and a little bit, but I'm going to go back to Brady the oy Way two lines open, three zero three. Martino, you've been ripped off taking advantage of We have recovered over three hundred million dollars for people like you in cash, merchandise exchanges, refunds. That's what we do. We do it day in, day out. We help with other problems too. Right now, Brad called in and this poor guy I got arrested. I'm still not quite understanding why you got arrested, but that's not really his question. He got pulled over. The license plate was one of these temporaries. And I'm kind of talking to Joe Lazara, our criminal defense expert, and I'll bring Joe up. He gets pulled over because he's got a tempt tag on the cops that he couldn't read it, and he did not have insurance on the vehicle or proof of insurance. I should say, Brad, actually that's a question. Did you actually have insurance or not proof of insurance?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: I had insurance, you just didn't have proof.
Speaker 10: I did have, but they they wouldn't even look at my phone for the proof of insurance.
Speaker 4: All right. And then but basically then what happened is they found a wallet after they searched the car. They used the tag. I guess what did they use? What reason did they use for the search?
Speaker 10: They couldn't read my license plate tag.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, I just want to Yeah, the reason I lost you for a second. Say it again.
Speaker 10: Bred they said they saw a meth pipe in my car.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, well you left that out. That's why they were searching your car. I mean, well, that's a pretty straightforward one. Was there a meth pipe in there or not.
Speaker 10: No, it was the end of a curtain rod.
Speaker 4: It was the end of a curtain rod. But that's why they searched it. Hey, Joe, first of all, just diving into this. Joe Lazara, he's on referral list dot com. He is our expert for personal injury. He has helped out so many listeners over the years, from DUIs to murder cases. It's unbelievable. But Joe, let me ask you right now. If they see a curtain rod and they think it's a meth pipe and they search the car based upon that evidence, when they find out it's a curtain rod, what happens anything?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, there's generally searches are illegal unless you have a warrant, but there are exceptions like search incidents or rest consent. If there's what's called a protective sweep, or do you have an inventory search, or they see something in plaint of view. So if they see something and suspect it's a meth pipe, once they inspect that and determine it, the question then toy come to that search continued. That's right, that's a big legal question. That's an argument whether or not they can continue to go beyond that. Well, apparently they can articulate those.
Speaker 4: Apparently in this case, Joe, they went beyond it and under his seat was a wallet and that wallet didn't belong to him, but according to the caller, Brad, it did belong to a really good friend of his. It must have dropped it in your vehicle. Brad, Yes, yes, but you just bought the vehicle when was your friend in it?
Speaker 10: Just a few days prior.
Speaker 4: Okay, so they found the wallet, and here's where I get a little lost on this, and I'm going to get to his actual question, but I'm just curious. So they arrested him, what exactly was to charge? They arrested you on, Bradh.
Speaker 10: Criminal impersonation, criminal criminal impersonation identity theft. I'm sorry thet did you tell them that you were somebody else?
Speaker 4: I mean, what if I was, if Joe was to talk to the cop. What would they say. They're going to say, because we found his friend's wallet under his seat, we threw him in jail for ten days. They're simply not going to tell us that. So what would they tell us? Right or wrong?
Speaker 10: So they thought they saw the MES pipe when it turns up it wasn't a MES pipe. They continued their search of my vehicle, hoping, planning on finding something, some sort of drug paraphernalia something. When they didn't and found the wallet, That's what they ended up going with, Brad.
Speaker 4: Why just you're acting like they had it out for you If they can't read the license plate and they pull you over to want to make sure that that license plate belongs on the vehicle, it's not a stolen vehicle. Why do you think they had it out for you? Did they run you? And you've been in a lot of trouble before, But why would a cop simply pull somebody over because they can't read the license plate and then look for a reason to throw them in jail. I don't understand.
Speaker 10: I didn't either, Joe.
Speaker 4: What do you Joe, just talk about that real quick. I mean, maybe I'm being too skeptical, but what helped me out here?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think he may have some legal issues. It's hard without knowing all the facts. But usually when you're dealing with identity that that's knowingly you or possessing someone else's personal or financial information without permission to gain something of value. And so there's got to be something going on that we're not being told.
Speaker 4: So another words, I arrested.
Speaker 11: You're generally in front of a judge within forty eight hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what happened there, Brad?
Speaker 10: I wasn't in front of a judge in forty eight hours. It took ten days for me to see a judge. And immediately when I went in front of the judge, they dismissed all charges.
Speaker 4: What do you do it, Joe? Joe, this isn't even why he called wait till I tell you that. But what do you do with this point?
Speaker 11: Well, I mean, if that's the case, I mean, obviously he can seal that he wants to make sure that that's sealed, but he should talk to an attorney there. Hypothetically, I mean, I can't speak for this right now, though. No On Morman hypothetically may have a claim because if what he's saying is legit.
Speaker 4: It's false in prison made. Yes, I mean, that's the craziest thing ever, Brad. I just I'm so skeptical of your story. But here's what happened, Joe. Let's move on with this. So when he's arrested and he's in jail for ten days, the vehicle gets impounded, the vehicle. He gets out in ten days, and he can't afford to get the vehicle out of impound, so he's got to wait, make some money. He saves up the money, gets the money, goes or calls calls to the yard within twenty four days, according to him, twenty four days of the car getting towed. Okay, yes, they say it's they go ahead, had Brad tail Joe. They said they sold it.
Speaker 10: So I was in contact with them. I went to the shop. I talked to the owner in detail. I showed them all of my information. I was in contact with him over the phone, letting him know I was working, I'm making the money. I'll be there surely. Listen. I was living out of my vehicle at the time, all of my personal Brad.
Speaker 4: Stick to the story, though, Stick to the timeframe. Ten days you get out, When did they let you get stuff out of your vehicle.
Speaker 10: Gay Day eleven, Day.
Speaker 4: Eleven, Joe. They let him get stuff out, so apparently he could prove some way that it was his because they let him in the vehicle. Then he calls up it to twenty fourth day. Right, Yes, and what did they tell you?
Speaker 10: I had plans on coming back to get my vehicle. They all knew that. The owner of the company knew it. The owner of the company disappears. He goes on vacation to wherever. Nobody's telling me where the owner went. Gay twenty four. I call and say, listen, I have the money. I'll be there on Friday when I get my paycheck. The secretary said, yeah, your car's here. It's going to be twenty two hundred bucks. We'll see you on Friday. Before she hung up, she put me on the phone with the second in charge. That man Dave, his name's Dave. Told me your truck's already gone. Get over it, it's gone. You lost your vehicles.
Speaker 4: Then hold on, Ben, this is on the twenty fourth day. Is that correct?
Speaker 10: That's correct?
Speaker 4: Then you drive down there. Hold on, Brad. Then you drive down there and your truck is sitting there right it's still there.
Speaker 10: Correct. Then what happens then the same guy, Dave, who I talked to on the phone, as I'm looking at my vehicle, saying, you lied to me. My truck's right there, he said, What I meant is that your truck has already gone, as in, you don't own it anymore. It's now our vehicle.
Speaker 6: And that was on what towing company.
Speaker 4: Just it doesn't matter what the towing company is it, Dimitri, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. I'll tell you why, because none of those laws apply. None of the laws you're thinking I apply on a police pull like this. This is all it's I know, no, I know. I'd still like to verify the story with the towing company and get their time. I got you, I got you, But Brad, finish up. So they're telling you you're staring at it. They're saying they already sold it.
Speaker 10: They already sold it. He said, all of my property has gone out of the vehicle. I have voice recordings of them saying that they gave my stuff to all the employees at the lot, which, oh, that's besides the point as well. But that's a lot more money missing right there. And that's it like they basically told me get off their line.
Speaker 4: And when was this? Now? I need to know this, and I want Joe to talk. How long ago was this? When was that twenty fourth day? Like last week? Or a year ago? What are we talking about?
Speaker 10: No, we're talking like a year and a half ago at this point.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, God, Well, how would we ever verify? Why didn't you lead with? Why are you calling a year and a half later, Brad, For the life of me.
Speaker 10: Listen, I went to the judge and I have a court order with a court case stating I'll read it to you right now, release the vehicle to Brad Koza my name immediately granted from the judge and taller Towney, I have a court case granted releases. When was that when I went to this is November third, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 4: Keep going.
Speaker 10: The reason it's the reason it's taken so long, Tom, is because I've exhausted so many other Brad.
Speaker 4: When you when you brought that, when you brought that order to the impound yard, what did they do.
Speaker 10: At me? And should get off of my yard? Or I'm calling all right?
Speaker 4: That's it now hold on now, I just want to hold on Joe. It's a lot to absorb. Let's take him at face value. What would you do?
Speaker 11: I mean, clearly, if what he's saying is true about the impound lot, I think they broke the law and there's some legitimate issues. The drawback is it's a year and a half later. I don't know, stop on my head. As statue of limitations, I don't.
Speaker 5: I would have to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would assume it's probably three years as well. But I mean, who would he hire to go after this? There's so many problems here. I mean you're talking about, first of all, should they thrown him in jail for ten days and then and they drop all the charges and the guy ends up losing his twenty fifteen f one fifty. I mean, the whole thing's insane. It's so hard to believe it went down this way, but you know what these stories happen.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it does sound insane. I mean, tell them to give us a call. I'd be weren't happy to chat with them. And if I were from out to somebody who might be able to handle that, I would want to verify the facts.
Speaker 4: And that's the main thing, is a verification. Hold on Joe, I got to take this break. I wanted to ask you a few generic questions. Brad, you stay on the line. Do you have a minute to hang Joe? Yeah? All right? Hold tight three oh three seven one three a two five five, got two lines open?
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to listen your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right three three seven one three eight two five five. Hey, Joe Lazara, he is one of the best criminal defense attorneys I have ever met. Thank god I never had to use them, so I don't want to hear the jokes out there. But I wouldn't hesitate to call Joe if I ended up in a buy and there's no doubt about it, Joe, I wanted to ask you this. We heard Brad's story, and I'm not talking about necessarily the impound yard, although I think they screwed him and he's gonna call you. In fact, Kelly, make sure we give Brad Joe's office number and Joe will talk to him and kind of look into this and figure out what direction for Brad. But you know, when you hear a story like that, you get pulled over because you have a tempt tag on. Well, that's not supposed to happen. We all know that. What drives me crazy is I buy cars all the time. Right now, one of our cars has a TEMP tag on it, and I've never been pulled over because of a TEMP tag, So I don't know how often it happens. I'm sure it does happen. But then the guy claims Brad claims, and I believe him. I'm not saying I don't believe them. But the guy goes we see a meth pipe, and they go to search for the meth pipe because that would be probable cause of course, and it turns out to be a shower rod. It's like, what the hell? And then they continue to search the vehicle, figuring they're going to find something, and they find a wallet, and apparently it's his friend's wallet that dropped it in the vehicle. He ends up getting arrested for false identity, but the friend apparently just said no, he didn't use my name or anything. He's a friend. I dropped the wallet in the vehicle. Then within twenty four days of this happening, he spends ten days in jail. Every charge is dismissed, according to him, and when he gets out, he can't get his vehicle back because they sold it. I mean, how often does something like that actually happen. I'm not talking about this case, but something so egregious. I mean, think about that, Joe. I mean, do you hear of real cases like that?
Speaker 11: You know, we'll come across a temporary getting pulled over on a temporary permit or you know, license ate they can't read it. Those issues, those pop up a little bit more frequently the other information, you know, the impound, the jail, the charges getting dismissed, all of that. I haven't seen anything like his case. And over thirty you know, I've been doing this over.
Speaker 17: Thirdy coming here to the party here. Just remember when he was stopped for that temp tag was twenty three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a long time.
Speaker 17: I was really caring about temp tags at that point in time, in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because of COVID. Yeah, you couldn't even get a tag. That's that's a hell of a good that's a good one. Dragon. I forgot about that DMV, like if they were even open. The appointments were a million years And well, remember this is Colorado Springs. I know in Denver, and I'm talking about just Denver, they would not pull you over for an out of date TEMP tag. I get it, but I don't know how Colorado Springs was. But good point. But Joe, my real I guess I don't know if I it's just a hard story to buy. I hate to believe that the cops are that bad, but we've all heard stories where the wrong person's been in jail or in prison, and things like that have been proven time and time again. So I just really wanted your thoughts on how often. I realize it's probably pretty slim pickings, but my god, it's got to happen to somebody at some time, right, I.
Speaker 11: Think mistakes happen, obviously. Police officers make mistakes. Sometimes they rush to judgment. I agree with that wholeheartedly. But I think for the most part, there are a lot of really good police officers that are trying to do their job. I don't see the mistakes as often as you know, the news may make it sound out, you know, sound.
Speaker 4: To be Yeah, well, if they reported on every valid arrest, my god, it would be every second of every day. Of course, they got to pick out the the unjust ones. I mean that makes sense, that's a news story, right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, In most part, I think the police do a really really good job.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know, on that same side, note, if someone gets pulled over, like over a Memorial Day, you probably had some people with DUIs and stuff. I've asked you this a lot. If you're coming back from somewhere and basically they ask you, hey, have you had anything to drink? What's the best answer to give If you get pulled over for whatever and they say, hey, have you had anything to drink?
Speaker 11: You know, I think once you admit to drinking, you open that door to the dui investigation. So if you're impaired or you're over the legal limit, my answer would probably be no, not saying anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just say none.
Speaker 4: Just say no.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, And you know, I think one of the biggest changes we're seeing with regards to DUIs is before you used to be able to refuse. Now a lot of these jurisdictions, with the recent Supreme Court case, once you're refused, they just turn around, get a warrant, and they're drawing your blood anyway, so.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter. So even if you refuse, they basically bring you to the hospital or wherever and get them to take your blood.
Speaker 11: Yeah, say that more and more often.
Speaker 4: That's pretty wild. Actually, I don't even know how I think about that. I mean, but if you do deny the breathalyzer, let me ask you this. If you deny the breath or blood test from the officer, and I don't mean the roadside I mean the one back at the station, the legit one. If you will, don't you lose your license for a year through DMV, which has nothing to do with the DUI. Is that part correct, right?
Speaker 11: So, if you refuse a chemical test blood of breath, you're looking at a refusals refusal is at least a one year revocation. You should be eligible to reinstate after two months no driving, but you're carrying that interlock for two years, and then what we're seeing is the police officers are marking you down as a refusal, hitting the warrant, drawing your blood anyway, and using that in the criminal case.
Speaker 4: Well that's what I was going to ask you. So if they get the warrant, get your blood, and bam, now they know you're DUI based upon the toxicology coming back, can they still say, can you still lose your license for that year through the DMV hearing? Because even though you real you said you refused, even though they ended up doing it anyhow.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so you're that's crazy harshment.
Speaker 4: So to refuse, right, So, to refuse in most municipalities, or most counties, or the state of Colorado for that matter, speaking in general terms, is stupid. I mean, like really stupid, because you're going to be in worse trouble even if you are DUI.
Speaker 3: Hey, Joe, I have a quick question.
Speaker 8: Yeah, do people use that as a stalling technique to hope that by the time that they get the warrant, they're alcohols and metabolize good question below the limit.
Speaker 4: They do?
Speaker 11: They do, And that's one advantage of that. If you're highly intoxicated. Your BAC is going to go down because it could take anywhere from you know, thirty minutes to get that warrant to several hours.
Speaker 4: Well, how long let's say, how long on average do you think if someone does refuse from the get go, how long if they had to go through the warrant and everything would be an average time, would it be like two hours?
Speaker 11: Joe, it's at least probably an hour hour and a half.
Speaker 4: Okay, So with that point, how for the typical person whatever that means, how much does that drop down in an hour and a half? In other words, if their point, what's the legal limit? Point eight point zero eight zero zero eight? So how much let's say it there at a what would that be like a one point two or whatever? In an hour and a half would that drop down below the legal limit? Most likely?
Speaker 15: No, I mean what you're really looking at.
Speaker 11: I mean you're losing about point zero one five percent of alcohol for every hour, maybe a little bit more point zero two.
Speaker 4: Oh, you'd have to be you'd have to be borderline for that to even take effect. That would be a horrible way of thinking. Then I'm going to go ahead and refuse a breathalyzer based upon this thing dropping by a half a point, which means you're probably lit as hell, right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean does it sometimes help Absolutely, For the most part, doesn't make much of the difference.
Speaker 4: And it never hurts. Well, yeah does here because you're refusing, and then you lose your license period of end of story, for a year, and you're still facing the DUI criminal charges. That's that's why it hurts.
Speaker 11: Okay, So I thought somebody who refused lost his license on the refusal has to care that interlock longer. Ultimately they got the warrant, drew his blood. It was below the point zero way, So had he taken the test, he would never have had that DMB issue or loss of license.
Speaker 4: So he literally was he wasn't even DUI and still lost his license for a year and he couldn't even use an interlock.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 4: That's like a hard that's a hard lose.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So, had he just taken the test, he would never have had the interlock. Because it refused, he's required to hear that interlock.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. Hey, Joe Lazara, you guys, I know, and when I do your spots, I always say this, man, you're incredible. You have helped out so many listeners. People. I'm going to give the number out, put it in your phone, but it doesn't matter. And I'm not kidding around domestic violence, child abuse, DUI's murder, anything. If you're accused of a crime, you need this guy and Joe. People think I'm crazy. I've always gotten email saying, hey, you say Joe knows all the das and judges. Tell me that's not true. Man, I know you know them. But my point is if the judge doesn't respect you, if the DA doesn't respect you in that courtroom, your chance is as in an attorney cutting a deal. It's just a lot harder, is I mean? Relationships count? Correct?
Speaker 16: They do.
Speaker 11: Relationships count in everyday life, and it's no different in the judicial world.
Speaker 4: No different at all, which is crazy man. People go, well, it's not fair the laws of law. No, it's just like anything else. If Joe knows the das and Joe knows everybody in that department, for example, Douglas County or wherever you are, Denver County, think about that. You want someone that has a relationship or repport with the people charging you if you're guilty. So we can get the best deal. It's simple as that. Joe is there. I appreciate you coming on, and Brad Kelly's going to give you Joe's number. Call him up and I'm dying to hear back from you. If you want to uh, go after those guys, and I mean those guys meaning everybody involved in that crazy case you had Joe Lazara three oh three four nine sixty two hundred. And also don't forget on things like DUIs. This guy does flat rate pricing three oh three four two nine sixty two hundred, Mark and Lark. If you can believe that hold tight, you're next.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three, seven one three eight two five five three oh three, Martino, You know, I was just telling Kelly when I was fourteen. Actually I think I was younger than that. I've been a talk radio junkie forever. Dragon. Are you a talk rady radio junkie or like, when you're in the car, do you listen to music or do you listen to like your favorite podcast or do you listen to am?
Speaker 17: When I worked down on the FMS, I would float around all those different stations and figure out what the competition's doing.
Speaker 4: But now that I'm up here on the AM side, yeah.
Speaker 17: I do tend to listen more as to whatever else is going on, see if I can figure out what to do, what to do better.
Speaker 4: I growing up, I you know, my friends would be listening to music. I just fell asleep listening to talk radio, and back then it was talking at it was ah well yeah, doctor Laura, of course, but then you had Bruce williams uh Sally, Jesse Rafael, all these people. But I remember one time when I was pretty young, I was in middle school, and I called up doctor Laura and I told her that I got my girlfriend pregnant and didn't know how to tell my parents complete fabrication. But I always wanted to be on the air after listening to a talk show. But the part of the story that's absolutely insane is my uncle who lived in New York. We lived in Oklahoma at the time. My uncle that lived in New York heard the call because he loved listening to Doctor Laura, recognized my voice and called my parents, tell me that's not the damnest. Fantastic, Yeah, fantastic. It's like, you know, I wasn't in any trouble. I mean, what are they going to say. I mean, it was like, no, I just had to convince him no one was pregnant, which wasn't hard to do because I didn't even have a girlfriend. So I mean, that wasn't that hard. But I don't know. Okay, so let's go to Mark, Mark, what is going on with you? What is your question about social Security or your issue?
Speaker 15: So I have my my mother in law has lived with us for about five to six years total, but about a year, about two years ago, she went to live with her other daughter just on the other side of town here locally got it and when she came back, all of a sudden, well, where's your How come your Social Security checks or half of what they used to be? I want to I'm not positive on the dollar amounts. I think it was like eleven hundred dollars that she would get a month, eight hundred and eleven.
Speaker 7: Something like that.
Speaker 15: And now she comes back two years ago from the sister in law and she's only getting checks for five hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Is the sister in law a caregiver and she's receiving the money?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Where did it go? You must have done some research?
Speaker 15: She Well, I am not the one, necessili it's my wife. We got We've got into a discussion last night. Well where is a Why is this happening? I mean, I don't need the money from her. It's not like we're getting the money and doing anything with it.
Speaker 4: She lives as a basement, so you're wondering what happened to it?
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's her spending money. So she has some money to go whatever.
Speaker 4: You call on.
Speaker 15: But now she's only getting five hundred Ye sorry, now she's only getting five hundred dollars a month or like? What's going on? So they say they call up, spend three hours, get through to Social Security? Oh yeah, that's wrong. You should be getting this and we can backdate that and you'll get all this money.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 15: Okay, well that's been a year now. They've been doing that, and she says every time they go, that's what they say, but then it never happens. They call back, spend three hours waiting talk to somebody. She said, no, we have the notes, we have the names of persons we talked to. What dates all of that? She says, And it's like, so, is there an advocate somebody we can go that we can call? It doesn't take three hours to talk to it.
Speaker 4: I would make I would make an appointment at a local office somewhere in Denver. There is one, for sure, depending on what area you're in. You can search on the Social Security website, but I would go down in person. They're going to have the ability to pull up all the notes and everything going on with this. I do have a question, though, when did her spouse pass away? If she even had a spouse, Oh, god, decades okay, decades ago, So it's not going to be like she converted to spousal benefits. What I'm trying to figure out is what kind of mistake could have been made? And what are they telling you? Guys? Are they giving you any information? I acknowledge, they acknowledge that it's wrong, and I get they can't fix it, But are they telling you what happened? Why it did cut in half? Did she apparently or did they think at one point she owed money or she was getting too much money or what?
Speaker 15: No, No, it wasn't anything like that. I don't know what the sister in law did. H that's a that's a family thing, and I'm gonna stay out of that argument.
Speaker 4: But but Mark, the sister in law. You're sure the sister in law isn't getting any money out of this check as a caregiver. You're you're sure of that? Yes, Okay, it's so odd. I can't think for a million years why it would happen. But my god, the government is so huge. Why do you even think the sister in law then would have anything to.
Speaker 15: Do with it? She said, so, she she had somebody who said, you worked for the Social Security and she's an advocate or something, and they were trying to do it. It got screwed up and as they dropped her feet, it's like great, marvelous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got to listen just get down No, you, you and her need to go down not not just her, just you. You and her need to make an appointment. You got to carve the time out of your day and get down there with her to the office and understand what's going on, because something is a miss. I still would like to know where that money's going. Maybe you can figure it out. To me, I keep going back to caregiver, meaning it might not be your sister in law, but maybe whatever she did diverted some of her check somewhere else. I mean, something happened, and you've got to get down there and get it figured out. And when you do it in person, it tends to work a lot quicker.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, that's what I had said. That was the end of the air quote discussion.
Speaker 4: We had last night.
Speaker 18: Well, then make the bloody appointment and let's go down there. She said it's going to take a one to two months, and said, well it'll it'll take forever if you never set up from one month from now. Anyway, I digress from that.
Speaker 4: That's what you got to do. And when you're down there, you can ask about a true advocate if you need one. I have a feeling you don't need one, just based on what you told me. They just got to correct something in the system. But get down there with her and do it in person. It's really not that hard to find an appointment if you're willing to drive a little bit. Denver's probably extremely busy, yeah, compared to Colorado Springs or somewhere else. So just get that figured out. Now. Listen, we've got a lot more going. We got another hour up, Lark, I promise you're up next. Apparently he's got some roof damage, so we know a ton about that, and I'm gonna have some lines open. I'd love to hear from you. Three zero three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, one clear choice doors dot Com. They have got places up and down the front range. It's a great company. Anything to do with garage doors or openers, they can fix it, sell you new ones, install openers. You get the idea. One clear Choice Doors dot Com.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 4: Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help.
Speaker 3: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, rid.
Speaker 4: You need so you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come run insous as fast as we can, show Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: Man six is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome. Welcome, my friends to the only show of it's kind. We're here to problems, answer questions, take complaints. If you have a problem in your life. We have attorneys standing by. We have contractors, good ones standing by, like Chris Consoles sitting next to me. He's the owner of discount Bath dot com and I'm gonna quiz him on some stuff going on. On top of that, maybe you got a bad landlord. We've had questions like that quite a bit this times, or a bad tenant. The bottom line is, if you got a problem, we're here to help. We've recouped over three hundred million. In fact, I got to start saying four hundred million. It's ridiculous over a fifty year period, how much the show is recouped, but hundreds of millions of dollars in cash merchandise exchanges refunds directly due to this show. I got Deputy Doc Deputy Dmitri. These guys are chomping on the bit for a case. Kelly's answering your calls, dragging on the other side, running the board, running the show. And Lark has a question, what an interesting name, Lark? Is that your god give a name?
Speaker 5: Actually, my name is a Larkias.
Speaker 4: LARKI uh, wow, where did that come from? I'm just I have never heard that name Larkia?
Speaker 16: And well it was a very close friend of my mom's that she liked really well. And wow, she liked your name, so she gave it to me.
Speaker 4: Well that's interesting. You know, I'm Mark with a C. So I always end up telling people that I would assume you end up spelling your name a lot like I do.
Speaker 18: Oh, yes, yes, yes, you know what, Michael, you just.
Speaker 4: Made me think of something. I'll go right to your question, Lark. But my grandmother when my wife was pregnant, my grandmother was still alive, which was great. She sat us down and said the one thing I hope you don't do, and I'll be very upset if you do do is give that granddaughter my name. And she was so serious. Her name was Hortense. Now, how many Hortenses have you met? It reminds me of like Gertrude, and she was dead serious. So our daughter is not wretense lark. What's your question?
Speaker 6: Well, the storm that.
Speaker 16: Team threw down just a little south and west of Talcaraka on Sunday, Yeah, I'm pretty good at hail was crazy. And then starting that was like get six something in the evening, and then starting the next day, the doors were just getting you know, being done by everybody. And I went out with a guy. He actually noticed we have a barn just a little ways from our house and the skylights were both broken and we noticed that and so we ended up walking around looking at everything. He went and got some turbs because it was going to rain Monday.
Speaker 4: Now this is a roof for I assume.
Speaker 16: Well, so then the company is Anderson's Construction and they're located in Denver.
Speaker 15: That was the first thing I said was are you local?
Speaker 16: Because I was, you know, not wanting to deal with someone who wasn't and so consequently he went and got turbs and went up on the burn roofs and nailed those down before the rain. Now we didn't sign anything good, but you know, I guess you know after the fact. And I've talked to him on the phone again. He's the project manager, he says, and he seems like a good guy. He also lives just a little bit east of Castle Rock and has offered like, if the Turks came lose, I'll come over. He seems like a great guy, but I just don't know. When I went to the website at Salty and see it looks very nice. Yeah, but I'm like, oh my gosh, I wonder if you guys have ever had complaints about that.
Speaker 4: Well, no, not that I can recall, meaning I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I wouldn't use him, though, And I'll tell you why. I don't like people that come to my house and try to sell me a roof after a hailstorm. I simply don't trust them. I really don't. Now, I'll give you one example where I might if my neighbor hired them and they were literally doing the roof and basically stopped by and said, hey, you know, we're doing your next door neighbor's roof. And then I would of course talk to my neighbor figure out how we got them. Maybe, but pretty much I'm sold on one company in Colorado, or at least in Denver Metro and that's Excel Roofing, And they also do a lot of stuff in the springs. But I just you don't pay a cent to your content. They're honest as a day. As long their crews are very clean, efficient and fast, you're not going to find a lot of nails there. And then probably the most important part is this, well, actually that don't pay a cent to your contents pretty important. But if there's a problem later on, these guys operate twenty four to seven. A lot of these companies, you know, they'll come knocking on your door after the hailstorm, but if you've got a problem a year from now, you can't even find them, or they don't have crews that are operating because they're chasing a storm in Oklahoma or wherever they happen to be. But if you if you didn't sign anything with them, and one of the tactics these companies use is exactly what you described and you probably didn't even realize it. They come out and point out stuff and act like they're your best friend and throw a tarp up and help you and all that kind of stuff. And that's part of the tactics they use. I'm telling you you, i'd call Excel if you're in the Castle Rock area. I wouldn't even think twice about it.
Speaker 5: Well, and I know there.
Speaker 16: I think they were not going to endorse too, actually, because several of the neighbors had their signs like that very next day.
Speaker 4: Excel.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 4: And you know, well Excel, let me give you an idea. They're huge and most of their repeat business is crazy, meaning well it's Colorado. There's people that get a new roof every three or four years. And once people use Excel, they almost imediately use them again. And I'm going to tell you something else about Let me ask you about Anderson. Here's a question for him. Here's what I do. Any company, is there an out on your contract? If you don't start work or deliver materials? Can I get out of your contract? And if so, where is it? Where is it? Where is it? Because let's say you sign it next thing, you know, they can't start for two months, or you sign it and something just doesn't seem right, or you read a review, or something happens that's really bothering you. Before they deliver, make sure they'll let you out of the contract. Make sure that's in writing, because Excel, if they don't start the job, or if they don't deliver materials, they'll let you out of the contract. Simple as that.
Speaker 16: Okay, okay, all right, So I should give them a.
Speaker 6: Jingle, I guess.
Speaker 4: Just go to Excel Roofing. I mean, they're one of the largest roofers in Colorado for a reason. They're honestly great people and I can't stress that enough. Lark. They have done my roof, they have done Tom's roof, They have done so many people's roofs in this building it's crazy. And they're just always there. They use great material, they have great contacts across the state when it comes to manufacturers. In fact, I think they're the largest customer of some of these shingle companies in the state. If there's ever an issue with the product, they can get the warranties handled because they do so much business with them. There's so many reasons to use them. I can't even like tell you all of them. But the real basic I want you to remember, and this isn't just for you. Never pay a roofer upfront. Never ever, ever pay a roofer upfront. Is the number one thing you pay when you're done.
Speaker 16: Nothing before they're.
Speaker 4: Done, Nothing before they're done.
Speaker 16: They did say they took that actual cash value when the insurance brings that in. They take that before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they take that before they probably even order materials. How do you know that doesn't And I'm not saying Anderson does this, That's not my point, but I know a lot of roofers do do this. They take that money to finish another job that they already spent that money on, because they took that money to spend on another job that they already spent that money on. Yeah, you realized that salesperson that knocked on your door the second you signed that contract. What happens is they get paid the second that person signs that contract. If Anderson's like a lot of these other companies, they get their commission, their cut. I don't know if it's ten percent, I don't know. Whatever it is is what it is. So that's why most companies will never let you out of the contract because they already paid that salesperson.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 16: And then the other question I had real quick too, is so I'll see our insurance and the inspector is coming Sunday.
Speaker 4: Boy, I wish you. I wish you called Excel, but you said you had a crack skylight. So I get it. But go ahead.
Speaker 16: So is that a problem though if there isn't a representative to be here to do that, well, there's two.
Speaker 4: Ways to look at it. I'm gonna put you on hold because after those hailstorms, I do want to talk about this. There's an educational point to that question that I want everybody to understand, because you're right, you're gonna be dealing with one side. You're gonna be dealing with your insurance company when they send out an adjuster. Should you have an adjuster? Is an absolute great question. Three oh three, Martino, we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing, Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three zero three Martino. By the way, this hour brought to you by a Genesis Total Exteriors. You know, Mark has painted the inside of our house and now the outside. He just did the inside of our house, absolutely gorgeous job. I love his guys.
Speaker 11: There.
Speaker 4: The other thing I love about Genesis, and I'll say this if you do have a damage from Hale, they do do roofs, but they also can do a lot of the other stuff. They can do siding and windows, they can do anything on the exterior, and they're very good at finding the damage. They can basically find deck damage. They can do it all. They're just great guys. Mark's the owner. I really like him, Suzanne and I love getting together with his wife and himself. And it's just a good company by good people. Genesis. As in the beginning, and you can check them out at Genesis, tootalexteriors dot com. Now what I did want to do is I want to get right back and talk to Lark. Lark. You can hire what's called a public adjuster, and basically here's what a public adjust does. They represent you. The insurance company has their own adjuster. A public adjuster like Matt you hire. Typically, if you hire them from the get go, they get paid ten percent. So if the claims one hundred thousand, you would pay him ten thousand. But he generally almost always ends up making his through your insurance company, meaning don't you don't have anything out of pocket most of the time, and he can look at your policy and tell you that's it. There's something called overhead and profit, and most of these policies meaning if you have damage to more than one thing, So your roof would be one, your skylights could be one, your sighting could be one, your landscaping could be one, anything if you have multiple different things. Most insurance policies say you can get ten percent overhead and profit. So basically that's where his ten percent comes from. You would never get that yourself. That would always go to a general contractor. But Matt basically kind of becomes that in a way, but he usually gets paid out of that. So I don't want people to think you end up paying more. But here's what a public adjuster does. They're going to find all the damage. Matt, for example, did team up with Genesis, and between Genesis, the construction company that I just did a commercial for, and Matt, they go out and they find everything. I mean, they look at the roof, they look at the gutters, they look at the outbuildings, they look at the siding, they look at the deck, they look at the landscaping, they look at the cement, they look at any possible thing. And one of the big ones insurance companies hate, absolutely hate his windows. Windows don't have to be broken. You can break that little seam at the bottom to where the air comes out in between the glass, in between the panels. Those seals can be broke into the naked eye. You'd never know it, but they in most policies are covered at that point. And insurance companies hate that because you could easily be looking at fifty to one hundred grand for new windows in any given property. So you really it is good to have someone out there for you, there's no doubt about it, especially if it's more than just roof damage. What I would do in your case, I would probably call and hire Matt from the beginning, or have Excel come out and meet. If you're just worried about the roof right now, if that's the main thing right now, have Excel come out. They will send somebody out if they can, and they probably can at this point to meet with your adjuster while the adjuster's there, But you got to call them and see if they can do that. Tell them you called into the show, and I bet they can make that happen. Then they can represent you on the roof side, but hold on, they represent you on the roof side. Excel will end up doing the roof and then you can have Matt come out or Matt's people come out and they can look at any other damage. Or you can call Matt at the beginning and he'll bring his people and you can do it numerous ways. But if they're only going to say the only damage they sees the roof, you better call your own adjuster because they're lying.
Speaker 16: Okay, yeah, yeah no. When we worked around he said this, definitely there's impact on the pain in the sighting. We have a window that a plastic.
Speaker 5: Part is broken.
Speaker 4: That's why you want you want to call it. You definitely want to call Matt. They know how to maximize this stuff. In other words, here's what I'll tell you. I would guess if your insurance guy came out and no one else was there, someone that didn't understand everything but the roof, I'll tell you I bet they'd off for you thirty thousand or whatever. And then that's about where it would be. Where if you have someone like Matt and there's skylights and windows and stuff involved, I mean, your claim could be well over one hundred thousand. There's two different times my insurance come company basically said I didn't have any damage in zero after a hailstorm, and I hired Matt both times. One time I got seventy eight thousand dollars and that was basically a new roof on my barn, a new roof on the house. And I also had the entire exterior of the house painted by Genesis with that insurance claim. And remember they said I had nothing, They said I had no damage. And then last year I had the same thing, but it was only thirty six thousand dollars. So I mean there are liars. I don't care. There's adjusters listening to me right now, going, well, I don't lie. Yeah, well, all they do is adjust down. I've never seen someone that works for an insurance company adjust up.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, so that's what I would do.
Speaker 7: Number.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hold on a second, Kelly, would you pull up Paragon's number and give that to her? Hold on a second, let me put you there, Hey, tell him, Yeah, that's I want you to call back Lark and tell me how it went.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, sure, well.
Speaker 4: Thank you? Three oh three seven one three A two five five. Hey, Chris discount bath dot com. You guys almost never end up in insurance claims.
Speaker 11: Do you.
Speaker 12: No, not, not too frequently. It's usually handled by the time we're there.
Speaker 4: What's your biggest Like, not your biggest, but what's your average call? Is it a tub to shower conversion or a full remodel. I know you do the whole gambit, but what's the average call.
Speaker 12: The average call is probably a full bathroom remodel, and it's usually the hall bath.
Speaker 4: The hall bath. Yeah, so well, now why is that why I thought you would have said the master bathroom. We do a lot of master bathrooms, but it's not our average call. I wonder why that is. Yeah, so I'll tell you why. Because everybody sees all your guests see that hall bath.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and it's usually used by more people than just the Yeah it's the one you present. Yeah, so the kids and family, everybody's using that same bath. So yeah, people are often remodeling that bathroom completely. We do a lot of shower own We do a lot of master bathrooms, but we probably do the most as a halt.
Speaker 4: You know, I was talking to someone the other day in your industry and I asked this question. On TV. You see these ads all the time for these companies that come in and sometimes they can do it in one day, maybe two days. But they rip out that old tub and then they put in this big insert like not different walls, they go together, but like one big plastic piece and that plastic piece is now the shower or a bath shower, but it's like one piece. They come in, they demo, they prep and then put this in and that's the shower.
Speaker 12: Do you guys do those We don't do the one piece. They're typically cheap and they don't necessarily fit. So the stuff that we do, we tear down to the studs, subfloor and everything goes in new backer board, acrylic walls. Yeah you don't want leaks. Yeah, you don't want leaks. So everything's new. If we touch it, it's warrantyed. So it's all the way down and we start, it's.
Speaker 4: All the way down. Yeah, and then it's good quality material.
Speaker 12: We got lots of choices there, you know, from from acrylic to crushed stone to porcelain walls, porcelain tile.
Speaker 4: If you have an old bathtub and they want to get rid of it and just convert it to a shower, and they're on a super budget, I mean, like, give me a real idea, I mean less than ten thousand just for the conversion.
Speaker 12: Yeah, just under ten thousand tub to shower, complete project, including the glass, everything out, the door, warranty everything is.
Speaker 4: Nine eighty eight. Oh that's cheap.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you can upgrade that, but it's under ten. Does that include yep, new plumbing, delta fixtures.
Speaker 4: That's the whole thing. It's the whole thing. That's a great deal. Actually, yeah, and that's kind of that. Is that your average ticket there or most people want to add on to that. Well, most people want to add on, But you guys can do like you could do a steam shower, no problem. Yeah, we do steam showers. I love my steam shower. Yeah, they're pretty good. They're cool. Man, heated floors, that's a big deal. That's my favorite thing that we've ever done on his heated floor. I love heated floors. We got them in our bathroom. And I'll tell you this too. We're looking at homes out in Louisiana, stuff on the water, and I got to say something, Man, when we look at a master bathroom that has that steam shower, it has a big kind of California style closet, and it has the fancy toilet, it really makes all the difference. I mean, it's amazing what an upgraded bathroom and an upgraded kitchen, but an upgraded master bathroom is crazy. It can take away or you tend to forgive the other stuff that hasn't been upgraded because that bathroom, especially the master. Honestly, you spend more time in that master bedroom and bathroom than any other room.
Speaker 12: Yeah yeah, maybe the kitchen, but those are the two best improvements you can do inside that area.
Speaker 4: Yep. I mean really, the steam shower, it's like having a spa. Man, it's just your holess yep, and that's really cool. But you guys can do all that. When you guys were out at my house, who was that guy I met? I really liked Steven? Is he still there? Yeah? Yeah, he's a business partner. Oh, excellent. Steven is the coolest. So if you call these guys up, I don't know if it's always Stephen that comes out, but you know what, tell him you want Steven? Yeah, yeah, so he comes out and he is so good with ideas. It's like, well, look where that shower is there. If you wanted to move it over here, where this big bathtub is, we could put to shower there. You'd actually end up with a bigger, more badass shower. And then where the shower was could become a bigger closet because it back to right to our closet, so you would double the size of your closet. Then we could do like a California style shelving and stuff. And then he just went over every kind of option, and the very first thing was exactly that, well.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing. Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, all Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 4: Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 3: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three o three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, We've been talking about bathrooms a little bit here, and I've got Chris with me, the owner of Discount Bath Chris. The other thing I was going to ask you is forget about it. We know you can get a tub to shower conversion with you guys under ten grand. That's unbelievable. Your competition's higher than that, by the way. But the second question I have for you, what would you say the average job you do? Is because I would say the average isn't going to be just the tub dish.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean so at a company Ridge, we're just over twenty thousand, so that's taken into account the ten thousand dollars shower and the full master reduce, so we end up somewhere just over twenty thousand.
Speaker 4: And what's the biggest kind of thing people are interested in now? Like we talked about steam showers, but like the fancy toilets, Man, are those a big deal?
Speaker 15: You know?
Speaker 12: We get asked about them a lot, but it's really tapered off since COVID the seat people love it.
Speaker 4: We were talking off air a little while ago.
Speaker 12: There is a twelve thousand dollars toilet out there.
Speaker 4: It plays music and lights twelve thousand. It literally is Coler makes.
Speaker 12: We saw it at a show, but we've never put one of.
Speaker 4: Those in I mean, my goodness. So I mean like, when I think of one, I'm trying to think of the brand we have. But it was like the you know, the seat in the toilet, it's Coler Yeah, and I want to say it was like fifteen hundred bucks man not for not installed.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they're I mean, they're a great accessory to have in your house, but.
Speaker 4: It osculates it. You know, you hit different buttons, your program, the wind that comes out, and then the heated toilet seats. The main thing. Yep.
Speaker 12: All you got to do is run electrical into the water closet area.
Speaker 4: And it's got some way of like getting rid of a smell too. I don't even know how it does that. Is there like a filter built in? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 8: How about bedets? You guys do that?
Speaker 4: Well, that's what that's okay?
Speaker 12: Yeah, well, it's not like it's not a separate bidet.
Speaker 4: It's part of your toilet. Do you ever do separate bedeta? No more. I don't even think I've seen one in a hotel for years. No, I haven't either. There generally, if they if it's a really fancy hotel, it's more of what we're talking about. I have not seen a standalone the day. I can't even remember the last time. Yeah, me either. They were big in Europe, I think before here.
Speaker 12: Even overseas, I don't think they're around that much anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about financing if someone wants to really lay it out. Oh, and then the other question is we'll talk about financing in a second. But let's say it's let's say someone really wants something super and they want to fancy toilet, they want the California closet. They want that shower, steam shower, new tile, maybe heated floor. So let's say word that fifty sixty thousand, I mean a really nice master. I would argue that would increase the value of that house, maybe not by one hundred percent, meaning whatever you put in it, you'll get back. But once again, if it's the kitchen and it's the bathroom, the master, I would argue, and maybe you know the actual numbers, eighty percent, and they think you're not close.
Speaker 12: It's somewhere. It's a little south of that. It's probably seventy five percent, but you're right over the target. And then it does a second thing. It makes your house.
Speaker 4: Desirable, right, Yeah, that's what I was saying.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's there's that emotional value to you and to a new buyer, it's the sight.
Speaker 4: So quickly, Yeah, when we look at when we look at homes, there's two things. I just don't want. A crappy master bathroom or actually three okay, one is a crappy master bathroom or you know very dated yep, a dated kitchen, I meaning the appliances, everything, dated countertops, whatever. And then the third, which drives me crazy. You probably love them, but Jack and Jill bathrooms. I hate Jack and Jill bathrooms. I have no idea why people would ever get one. I saw a beautiful house. We loved everything about it. Everything was updated, it was beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. In fact, I'll tell you something crazy, it actually had a gas fireplace in the bedroom and in the shower. It was shared between the shower wall and the bedroom wall. Nice and it was a you know, it was a gas fireplace. Absolutely gorgeous. But they had a Jack and Jill bathroom on the first floor. Oh really, Yeah, they had the two kids rooms custom house. They built them on the first floor with the master instead of upstairs where they should have been in my opinion, right, and they built this Jack and Jill bathroom, which meant when you had guessed over, they're dealing with a Jack and Jill bathroom, which is crazy.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, yeah, that would be weird on the first floor.
Speaker 4: On the first floor. But do you remodel a lot of those?
Speaker 18: Now?
Speaker 12: We do a lot of I mean a lot of houses were built with them, right, yeah, because the kids are upstairs and we keep them as Jack and Jill's probably ninety percent of the time. Every now and then somebody will ask us to wall the door off and just make a single entrance.
Speaker 4: So you guys can do that. Can you guys even get into the construction part, like like I'm trying to describe even what I'm saying. Well, I already know you do, because you guys were talking about knocking down our shower all together and turning it into a cause. Yeah, we can totally do that. We can. Yeah.
Speaker 12: You know, if you got rough in in the basement, we can build you a new bathroom, walls everything, Oh, move the plumbing, if.
Speaker 4: Your remodel, you guys can actually add a bathroom to the basement. Yeah we can. Yep. As long as it's a bathroom, we do it. We do his bathrooms. That's your that's your bread and butter.
Speaker 8: Can shower in any existing uh shower just about just about.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 12: We got to find a place to put the steam machine otherwise.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, And it's crazy doc those things. Depending on the size of it, you could be running a thirty or fifty amp circuit. Man, I mean, like some of these bigger ones are unbelievable. They suck power like a hot top.
Speaker 8: Oh, I had one in my other house, and I'm just thinking about I love it, whether I should do it in my master bath.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the steam unit's got to sit somewhere, and it sure can't sit in the shower itself. It's basically connects and then goes through whatever the porcelain, and then there's your little steamhead where it comes out. Count but hold on and then wherever it is you got to run. It's got to have its own connection to the electric box.
Speaker 12: So you got electric drain and plumbing to it. Yeah, and you got to sit somewhere where you can get to it if you need to.
Speaker 4: And you can't use no, it's crazy. People don't know this. You can't use the same drain as you do for the shower. So like mine literally has a drain going from itself. It's a self flushing unit all the way way down to my basement into the utility room where it dumps the water when you turn it off. So they had to run that. Then they had to run fifty amp or a thirty amp up to the unit. It's it's crazy. It's not as single. Same with the fancy toilets. A lot of people don't have an outlet. You got to direct power these things yep. Yeah.
Speaker 12: In most cases though, we can do it. Yeah, I know you guys can.
Speaker 4: I mean that's what you do. Yeah.
Speaker 8: My question is I'm single, but I have in my water why well, you know why in my in my bath, I have no two sinks to vanity. Could you put the steam unit under the sink?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 12: And sometimes yeah, because that side next to the shower it depends.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, but hey, it's all done by code. I mean they put Oh I understand that. Everything all right, listen, I gotta take this break. Three O three seven one three eight two five five three zero three Martino. Don't forget that number works on and off the air. Three oho three Martino, Tell your friends, Tell anybody out there you've been ripped off. Taking advantage of help It troubleshooter dot Com. Three O three Martino, hold on