Speaker 1: Let's do this. Come on, ma'am dat Tuesday. We got a hell of a show for you today. Come on, come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon. I know, ladies and gentlemen. He rod Ryan. Oh yes, sir, wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky rod Ryan show. Check it in like I mentioned it stat Tuesday today, that'll be our Instagram feature. But boy, i'd send him chill. He's not gonna be happy. I send a million links over to him today to put on links and guests. But what are we doing on the air? Two time Hall of Famer Kevin going for win number five? He wants to be a three time Hall of Famer. That could happen starting at around six twenty this morning. Or can you stop him? Have you listened to Kevin? Have you realized that you could beat him? Well, we'll see Rod Ryan's show. Twentieth anniversary party tickets Homeroom, you're getting them on the fun Fact Flashback today, twenty years, twenty days, two hundred dollars, Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card.
Speaker 2: I got that for you. We're gonna do that at seven to twenty.
Speaker 1: We're gonna invite Chili in the studio with us, and we're gonna bring back the shout It Out Loud game that was requested, So the three knuckleheads will be all competing against one another to try to win you pit tickets to fight Finger Death Punch in a couple of sleeps from now. Marilyn Manson opens up that show Thursday night. Pit tickets to Glass Animals at nine ten Awall Nation announced yesterday we will have those tickets for you on Know the Show. Two. Big concert announcement Thursday, Huge concert announcement coming.
Speaker 2: It's not Buzzfest.
Speaker 1: Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, high of ninety five.
Speaker 2: Tessa with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: So the biggest story, good morning, by the way, good morning, home room, is the Deer Park pipeline fire still going. It is still burning, guys, and it may burn for hours. Yet Energy Transfer, the company that owns that pipeline, had to shut down two valves yesterday afternoon to cut the flow of liquid natural gas that's what's fueling the fire. Okay, so the two valves are twenty miles apart, so all the gas that's still in the lines has to burn out before the fire goes out. The fire started with an explosion around ten am yesterday. So we're talking about Spencer Highway near Luela Boulevard and suv reportedly drove through a fence and plowed into a pipeline valve and that's what triggered the blast. Okay, So there are so many the neighboring homes. I saw a playground that burnt up. They are absolutely melting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything's melting around there.
Speaker 3: In addition to that, more than three hundred Center Point customers in the area were without power. So this area has been evacuated, right and it is still in effect. Evacuations are still in effect as a result of that pipeline virre. So that's the biggest story happening for us locally, and we're just going to continue to monitor that. Meanwhile, time is running out if you want to vote in this year's alone and art registered. Today is National Voter Registration Day, so there's a big push to.
Speaker 1: Expand the voter rules. The goal is to help people.
Speaker 3: Sign up or get back on the voter list if they missed a deadline or they forgot to update the registration after they moved, you know, whatever the case is. So happy National Voter registration day. Everyone, Okay, hold is London run six and a half? Okait, she's six and a half, So you have about two years before you need to worry about something like this. An eight year old girl in Ohio was found on Sunday morning after she hopped in her family's suv and drove it about twelve miles to Target.
Speaker 1: How did she reach the pedals? I don't know. I don't know my kid's tall, but an eight year old, this girl must be tall.
Speaker 4: Security footage shows her in the suv.
Speaker 3: They found her at the Target, like, which is twenty minutes away. She had to cross multiple highways and surface streets and she was She was found with a frappucino in Target. Honestly, girl lunch, I mean, what's going on?
Speaker 1: And what's going on? She also had cash.
Speaker 4: She took cash and the cops.
Speaker 3: Made her return what she bought. Like, yeah, I know, I know, So what we're talking about? That silly story today?
Speaker 4: Also, did you guys see this hip hop mogul Sean Diddy Combs got arrested. So apparently he was in New York to cooperate with the feds, but they went a day early for whatever reason. In arresting him. His lawyer says he's looking forward to clearing his name in court. He was taken into federal custody last night.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 4: Charges against him remain sealed for now, but.
Speaker 3: That's expected to change today because there are nearly a dozen lawsuits that have been filed against him, alleging physical abuse, alleging sexual abuse, sex trafficking, the list goes on, so we we're gonna watch that story today. I also have an update on the music blog page for you guys because Jane's Addiction, as expected, announced yesterday that their remaining tour dates are canceled. Harry Ferrell got into it with Dave Navarro during their show on Friday in Boston, and he is now apologizing online, saying the weekend was so hard, and he apologized to Dave, but yeah, his breaking point is you know that there's no more tour, So go read the full statement on the music blog page.
Speaker 1: Those are just in headlines. Take it.
Speaker 5: Alex Yastro's fell to the Padres last night three to one. They're gonna play the Padres again tonight. I don't know why they have Victory music in there. Hunter Brown is gonna be on the mount for the shows have been going up against San Diego's Michael King first pitches at eight forty. You can hear that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety on Monday Night Football. The Falcons came back to beat the Eagles twenty two to twenty one.
Speaker 1: Eagles almost had it the Sae Kwon.
Speaker 5: Barkley dropped a game winning pass would have stealed the game, and then the Falcons drove down the field won it with very little time to go.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, you love.
Speaker 5: Shame, real shame to see a running back get paid so much to not deliver.
Speaker 4: But congratulations with the Falcons on that win. That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: All right. There's an Aaron Hernandez story. Yeah, did we already watch one.
Speaker 5: It's from the same people that did American Crime story o J. Yeah, the one, okay, and then the Versachi one.
Speaker 4: So it's the same people that did that. It's just now I think they're focusing on sports.
Speaker 1: And they said that Arnold Schwarzenegger's kid is gonna play Tim Tebow. You know, they were college roommates where they were friends in college. They went to same school. Yeah, and uh yeah, that starts tonight. I didn't know, right, I didn't know anything about it.
Speaker 5: In the commercial's right internessidence tonight that he comes out. But I'm definitely gonna DVR that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, me too, Me too.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, here we go four hours of pain.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it won't be shoot so painful.
Speaker 1: I'd love to get you on board for the first phone call today if you want that. I got every line available. Sember one, three, two, one, two, five, nine five, the most interactive show on the radio. It's this one and it starts right now. But ninety four the ball That was possibly the.
Speaker 2: Show of the summer.
Speaker 1: That was Saturday Night Three Doors Down, hit after hit after hit after hit. I heard all about it. So many of you went to that show, and so many if you wanted to send in your concert reviews Creed and Three Doors Down and Finger eleven. I heard it was just an awesome, awesome night. People said the same thing about the Monsters playing on Sunday Night, Alice Cooper and Rob Zombie. I heard that show was pretty stellar as well. You see that picture of Scott's stap jacked up. I did Jesson, right, man, I didn't know he was that shredded. I knew. I knew the guitar player, Mark Tremonti's a big workout guy. He's friends with Lee Lebrata. Okay, he's like buddies with Lee Lebrada. Like when you hang out with Lielebrada, you're probably jacked d.
Speaker 3: I feel like you gotta like the older you get, the more you realize that your exercise is your medicine.
Speaker 2: Man, I had no idea Scott Stap was that shredded.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Okay, we are going to be extremely busy today. People have told me, Rod, just cut the crap. Tell us when the twentieth anniversary party tickets are given away, and then you can talk about all the other stuff. Cut the crap, Cut the crap. Okay, I'm cutting the crap, rod rye and show twentieth anniversary party tickets given away on the Fun Fact flashback. Okay, oh boohoo. If you didn't hear the fun Facts yesterday, Okay, you got to listen to these things, because then we flash back to one of them, and then you prove that you were listening the day before and then boom. I really think you should be rewarded. So that's the biggest ticket today. I don't know, man, we got a lot of pit passes today on the show as well. We're gonna resurrect the shout it out Loud game. I don't know why I would do this to myself, but I'm going to invite Chili here and I'm going to have you three yell at me on the show and I'm going to have to try to figure out who said the correct answer, who said the best answer, And people are.
Speaker 2: Going to choose a character from the show and.
Speaker 1: They're going to win you. Hopefully they're going to win you tickets in the pit. If My Finger Death Punch is playing on Thursday night with Marilyn Manson, I will be there and I am looking forward to it. I don't know what's going on with Marilyn Manson these days. I'm telling you, regardless of all the nonsense that goes on off off the stage.
Speaker 2: He's a hell of a performer.
Speaker 1: But I've seen him completely be wasted on stage and he sucked. He has stunk up the place. He went on tour with Rob Zombie back in the day and he was miserable on stage. I have seen him awful, like bring out the hook, hitting the gong that bad.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine him doing that.
Speaker 1: So's if he's wanting to resurrect his career, he's got to have the show of his life. And then I've never seen five fingers so pit tickets to Glass Animals. Will do those at nine ten. Awall Nation was announced yesterday. We'll have those tickets on know the show. So busy, every phone line's ringing.
Speaker 6: It's time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 2: See what Todd. Todd might have some good news to share with us.
Speaker 1: Hey Todd, Hey Rod, good morning, Hey, good morning to you. Did you have something fun to share with the class this morning in home room?
Speaker 7: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: I missed home room.
Speaker 8: I've been away for about ten weeks doing going through cancer treatments, and I am complete.
Speaker 2: No more cancer.
Speaker 9: Dude, I'm gonna ring.
Speaker 1: Listen. It's not as cool as I'm sure you rang a bell.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you my bell here.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Todd, congrats that is huge. Can you share with us what kind of cancer you were fighting?
Speaker 8: Yes, prostate cancer. If you're gonna get a cancer, it's a kind of get for a man man.
Speaker 1: We say that all the time on the show. This is a prostate cancer awareness month. Okay, you can see we have the store up and running, by the way, everybody, So Todd's gonna be the best.
Speaker 2: Commercial ever for our store. The money goes to M d Anderson.
Speaker 1: Where I mean again, listen, we have the best medical facilities in the world. Okay, so I don't, I don't. I don't put one against another one. We happen to work with M. D Anderson who helped you out, Todd. M d Anderson.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, I mean they're awesome.
Speaker 1: There you go, what the best.
Speaker 2: Saving lives every day over there?
Speaker 1: And uh and there's still job one with our team of doctors is to cure answer. They're working specifically to cure breast cancer and Todd, I couldn't be more happy. I can't imagine what that was like to get the news that you had it. Were you in a situation that you caught it early? Obviously you caught it early enough, But tell me how early you caught it? Like, I don't know how if you can put that into words.
Speaker 9: We caught it early.
Speaker 8: There was a two lesions on my cross state, but it hadn't metastasized anywhere else, which MEA hasn't spread, so they were able to radiate my prostate, you know, in a couple other spots and get it killed off.
Speaker 1: Guys listening to the radio right now, I talk about it.
Speaker 2: I go every year.
Speaker 1: The guy my doctor still wants to put his finger in my buttthole, he does it.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: I know you can get you can get this stuff test via blood work, whatever. You have to.
Speaker 2: Get your prostate checked. Fellas, you have to do it.
Speaker 1: And Todd, I'm so thankful that you went and got it caught early. Okay, because you said it the first thing you said. If you're going to get cancer, that's one of the most treatable cancers if you detect it early enough.
Speaker 10: That's the truth.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 8: And again I'm back to listening the home room again for the first time in ten weeks.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 8: I missed you guys.
Speaker 1: Todd.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy.
Speaker 1: Thank you for starting out this show on such a positive note.
Speaker 4: Great start, Thanks guy, Thank you, Todd.
Speaker 1: So the store is up and running. The money goes to MD Anderson. Boy if you needed, if you needed some reason to say hey, I should go look at Rod's stuff today. I should go look at the stuff in the rod Ryan Show care store. There's some kick Ass merchandise in there. The kick Ass is specifically for prostate cancer, uh, the awareness month, but all the money goes to research. Okay, all the money stays here. There's a kick Ass shirt, there's a kick Ass koozie in there, and then a.
Speaker 2: Lot of boobs rock stuff is available.
Speaker 1: Todd. Why just awesome, awesome way to get started today. I gotta take a break. Let me come back in a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the game.
Speaker 11: The buzz Rock and al Tern and very soon the rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Twenty four to five the bus, Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. And that first phone call. What a way to start the show today, Matt. I'm so glad you guys are up early with us. Thank you for joining us in homeroom. You will be rewarded with twentieth anniversary party tickets in homeroom today on the fun fact flashback. I'm so happy they're there too. Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, Hi am ninety five today, rod Ryan shokeres online store, Chili's.
Speaker 2: Got it on links and guests for you. What's trending?
Speaker 3: Birthday celebration for president for former President Jimmy Carter is happening tonight. His one hundred birthday tribute is coming a bit early. Carter's birthday isn't until the first, but he's already got He's already the longest living president in our country's history.
Speaker 1: So they're going to do it in.
Speaker 3: Atlanta, Mares anddri Air Church, bb Wine ins Be fifty two's so many performer performers, Rene Zelbergershon Pen Like, there's gonna be appearances.
Speaker 1: So big celebration.
Speaker 4: Going down for president former President Jimmy Carter tonight.
Speaker 2: I'm celebrating elvirus birthday today.
Speaker 1: Are you okay? Happy birthday, Elvira. She's like ninety, I'd still hit it.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, good to know. Also, fun fact about Serena Williams.
Speaker 3: She's a huge Green Day fan. Serena Williams was in the pit at a Green Day concert. Someone put it on the accident went viral.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at girls today with right underneath. Elviru's birthday celebration ma we go, there we.
Speaker 3: Go, and then the number one search on Google right now is Diddy. As we mentioned in headlines, he has been arrested. He says he's looking forward to clearing his name in court, but he was taken into federal custody in New York City last night.
Speaker 1: That's what's trending on Nighty for five the boat, Huge morning for this.
Speaker 12: Guy, Good morning everybody, A good time home of famous Kevin here now you're fresh out of bed at the head four Day Champions.
Speaker 1: Two questions to answers. I'm just hitting my peak.
Speaker 12: Join me on pat Tuesday as I make it to the Hall of Fame for the third time, which.
Speaker 2: Is seven one three, two point two five, nine four five if you think you can beat them?
Speaker 13: Twenty years of may m in the morning with no Rod Ryan Show, only ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five, the buzz.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 1: Uh, Lincoln Park will be on Jimmy fallon tonight. I hadn't really looked at the late night stuff. We used to do it all the time. It was a regular feature on this show. We would talk about because there were so many of our bands that were showing up on these late night talk shows doesn't really happen all that often anymore. You know, they're too busy booking Shaboozy. But Jimmy Fallon has Lincoln Park tonight. Jimmy Kimmel has Smashing Pumpkins on the show tonight, But Lincoln Park gets the nod on that one with Fallon because you know it's with a new lead singer.
Speaker 2: We'll got a temper cent chance of rain.
Speaker 1: We got part of the Cloudy's Guys high of about ninety five today. Enough about that, because we've got somebody trying to get into the Hall of Fame. And now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, Listeners to your corners. Kevin, good morning, Good morning, Kevin.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good in you. I'm doing well, and I'm wondering if you were growing a little tired of being called a two time Hall of Famer Kevin, would you like to change your name? Yes?
Speaker 7: I would like.
Speaker 2: Did you have anything in mind to change your name too?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Three time?
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: I was thinking you probably wanted your name changed to three time Hall of Famer Kevin Well, Sean Connery says he can beat you double o seven.
Speaker 2: Who Hey, good morning, everybody, Good morning.
Speaker 1: I know you've been in the Hall of Fame. I don't know how many times, though, two times two against a two timer? Interesting? Do you have what it takes.
Speaker 2: Sean Sean Connery, do you have what it takes to beat him?
Speaker 1: Okay, I believe so. Guy's got his own music. The whole thing's going on here. All you gotta do is shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Fellas got a couple of two time Hall of famers here, Tessa, what are they playing for?
Speaker 3: I have a pair of tickets to the Who's Your Show at Woodlands Willion, September twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: The show was sold out. That was rescheduled, Yes, because of the durracho.
Speaker 2: I believe all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's gonna be a good game in the studio here Sean and Kevin is what you're listening for? Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Question number one, what type of moon brings out the weirdos?
Speaker 2: Sean Connery?
Speaker 1: Full moon? A full moon wasn't even close. It wasn't even close. Sean On the board, Sean, that is s e a N correct s A h A w n. Oh, it is okay, You're not cool. It's spelled correct. Weirdo. I think I'm the weirdo. My middle name is Sean and it's the s E A N. I used to lie to kids in grade school how to spell it. I hated the spelling of that.
Speaker 2: Shawn's on the board s A h A w N.
Speaker 1: K e v I N.
Speaker 2: Better hear you on this one. Question number two?
Speaker 1: What mythological creature is also a city in Arizona? Sean Sean, Phoenix?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 1: Wow, is right? I didn't think I f y f y?
Speaker 2: I is there an f y? I? I was just.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My middle name is s c A N as well too, But no, no, three time I'm All of Famer. Kevin Sean, Kevin Sean, you should have you should have told us that earlier.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 1: That's what it is. You were holding out at that info. So we're not changing your name, your two time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 14: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he gotcha on that one.
Speaker 2: All right, Kevin Sean, You're gone.
Speaker 1: Hey, Sean Connery, after that, you need to go on a four game run I'm hoping you have stopped on.
Speaker 12: If you get stopped on day five, I think back in February remarks.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh you did, okay, all right, well, welcome back to the game.
Speaker 2: Thank you, welcome back to the game. All right, you can play tomorrow?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely all right? Bro Ryan Show five experience fure into the cosmic Buzz ninety four the buzz he'd be biss in Stellar Rob Ryan Show on a tat Tuesday. I haven't had a chance to look. I can tell you that there was a lot that went into that. Looking at girls blog page today, that's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 2: You might want to go and check that out.
Speaker 1: And then of course you probably, you know, you probably want to go back and look.
Speaker 2: At Chili six Picks from yesterday.
Speaker 1: They were so they were so great. Never mind Radio Wizard, you know yesterday, you know his pictures of backstage shenanigans with rock stars. Chili six Picks were really the star yesterday on the show. And I can't imagine one of you not seeing them already. But if there is one of you, please you can go back. It's within the rules to go back and check out old links. Nothing above a ten percent chance of being today partly Claude Skuy's highs up around ninety five, fresh out of bed, hend to hand challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 12: Good morning everybody. This is double O seven Sean Connery. That's two time Hall of Famer Sean Connery offing two time Hall of Famer Kevin from getting back in their pouch. So plan on me being on for four more days and don't make don't miss Wednesday when I make it win number two.
Speaker 1: Bit just yeah, we've had a we had a run of people missing out on that fifth game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, other John said back to back five day like losers.
Speaker 4: So they both lost. It was Cody and Kevin.
Speaker 1: Cody had that run going on because it was going to be we thought it was going to be back to back. Cody's in the Hall of Fame. Cody lost on day five to Kevin. Kevin loses on day five, and Cody somewhere is laughing. I don't know where, but wait a minute, wait a minute. Yeah you can hear him. Yeah, you can hear him laughing. I don't know where he's from, but he must live close. I can hear him. He enjoyed that a lot and it's the fun.
Speaker 16: Back to the day we make you look smart, Back to the day.
Speaker 1: I brought in some fun facts for you guys today. My friend Hal used to be a really big golfer, coolfer golfer. Yeah, I've golfed with them before. There's a maniac out there. But hey, how ridney. The longest golf hole in the world is a one thousand, one hundred yard hole in South Korea. That's ridiculous. It is a par seven, Okay, now, highly improbable. But if you did manage to get a hole in one, it would be called callback to fresh out of bed, head to head, it would be called a phoenix. I tied those together. Phoenix tiede those segments together. Now if you did it in two shots, an Ostrich, you didn't know that. I had no idea You're going to throw my gud that you're going to be so smart in front of your budies. The most spensive video game console in the last thirty years, if you adjusted for inflation, was the Sega Saturn in nineteen ninety five. Today's price would be eight hundred dollars take fourteen. Apparently that PlayStation three was a close second, just under eight hundred dollars adjusted for inflation. Finally, the USA Patriot Act is an acronym. Now it's super clunky and it seems very forced, but it stands for now. It's the USA Patriot Act. It stands for uniting and strengthening America by providing appropriate tools required to intercept and obstruct terrorism acts. Come on, guys, okay an acronym.
Speaker 9: Stop, it's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 16: We make you look everybody's this the fuck back to the Day.
Speaker 2: You didn't know any of that stuff before this show.
Speaker 1: No, nobody did not even the Patriot actage the Patriot Act. People didn't even know that was an acronym. I could still hear.
Speaker 2: You, still hear Cody laughing, What are you giving away?
Speaker 3: I've got the passes to the rod Ryan Joe twentieth Anniversary party offering October twelve.
Speaker 1: Well, well, well, it's your fun. There are seven of these in Africa seven one three, two, one two, five, nine four five.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I.
Speaker 1: Got such a kick out of it. There were seven of these in Africa, three of them in Morocco, two in Algeria, one in South Africa. Come on, seven one three two one two five, nine four five. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with captain Cash.
Speaker 2: All right, there's the guy that's so smart right now.
Speaker 1: Hey, how do you.
Speaker 2: Doing Wall Street? Yesterday it was a mixdown Wall Street.
Speaker 15: The Dow is up two hundred and twenty eight points to kick off this morning at forty one thousand, six hundred and twenty two. Nastak down ninety one to seventeen thousand and five ninety two benchmark ten year Treasury said that three point six two percent, and oil stands at seventy dollars six cent to burrow to. The most active is the big studs, Intel, Merk and Cisco, the big duds Boeing, Amazon, and Apple. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on retail sales for August. Also business inventories for July. Right now, futures are looking pretty good. They're on the upside. Hang on to this will be a pause opening riding here on Wall Street. That's it, I'm in here. This is Howling Many Tu director with Ramon James, reported for The Rod Ryan Show. From Ramy James on Sam Felipe and Augustin. Don't forget toys for rock Out your stockout.
Speaker 6: Famian's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymon James and Associates. Income Ever, nyt as, IBC, I ART Radio or IT sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. If this is not a solicitation offer or recommendation to buyer sell any security referre to AREMA programs are educational and informational services on like the studs of Duds are based on movement.
Speaker 11: As reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, that's Oliver Tree and Hurts. Before that, you heard a pair of Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets go out the door. Chili said that he wanted to. I mean, we can't really hide it anymore. Chili said he wanted to go out on location tomorrow. Excuse me. So he's gonna be out tomorrow with more tickets. So that's it.
Speaker 2: I mean, Chili just wants.
Speaker 1: To get out of the building and he wants to be out amongst the people.
Speaker 2: He's gonna have some tickets for you.
Speaker 1: We will announce his location at seven oh five tomorrow. Okay, he's gonna have to parachute into these places. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like he's gonna have to drop in that sealed Team six style.
Speaker 2: It's gonna have to.
Speaker 1: Jump right out and then boom he's there.
Speaker 2: I mean, we can't just have him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, party Claude Sky's today low chances of rain hides of around ninety five. Tessa has he's I sure do.
Speaker 3: And we're gonna start with the big local story, and it is that pipeline fire burning in Deer Park. It could take a while for it to finish burning itself out.
Speaker 4: This is something that's been going on for twenty plus hours, I mean hours and hours of this and it's a huge, huge flame.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you turn on any local news channel, they're gonna have the aerial helicopter footage of this. And this actually broke into the show yesterday. We are Houston Life. They said, no, no, there's something serious going out in Deer Park.
Speaker 4: So we got to kind of monitor that. So if you don't know what happened. Energy Transfer is this company and it owns a pipeline. They had to shut down two valves.
Speaker 3: Yesterday afternoon to cut the flow of liquid natural gas that is fueling this huge fire. It started with an explosion around ten am yesterday and SUV reportedly drove through a fence and then plowed into this pipeline valve and that triggered the blast. So these valves are twenty miles apart. All the gas in the lines they've turned it off, but all the gas kind of in between. They have to let that just burn out. That is what's fueling this flame.
Speaker 1: That answered my question, isn't good? Isn't there just some sort of a shut off somewhere. You're telling me that the nearest shut off is twenty miles away. Yes, So this is the twenty miles of fuel in that line that's continually burning, right.
Speaker 3: Because they have to shut out shut down two valves like on opposite ends of.
Speaker 1: Okay, of the pipeline.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. That answers everything for me.
Speaker 4: I tried putting in a rice.
Speaker 3: Alex, Okay, it's not that is funny, but it is not funny what's going on over there.
Speaker 1: I'm very serious. So here's two things that I did learn yesterday is once that fire goes out, they're gonna have to relight it just to make sure if there's any excess in there. And then the other crazy thing. That thing is burning so hot that you can feel it. I mean for miles away, you can see it. But there's a house a half a mile away that the siding of the house is melting. Yeah, half the.
Speaker 2: Mill and you know it's burning.
Speaker 3: You have the fire departments out there doing what they could to try to avoid, but some houses you could.
Speaker 1: Say, I mean, if you're thinking.
Speaker 3: Okay, if they can get this thing out, maybe you can save some of the house. But things were melting. There were backyards that were melting, there were storage sheds, there was I think they rescued a puppy.
Speaker 4: Luckily no injuries reported. I mean, that is the huge that's the.
Speaker 3: Biggest silver lining that I think we have is that no one in these neighboring communities police were going knocking on doors to make sure that everyone was evacuated to get out of there. And evacuations are still in effect in Laporte as a result of that pipeline fire and Deer Park. So that's gonna be the big story for US today. Also, Ron, did you hear about this? Amazon is changing its tune on remote work. They're requiring their corporate staff to work in the office full time now starting in January. Okay, so right now, three in office days per week is what's required, and you're thinking, oh, that sounds nice, and I bet everyone in Amazon really loves that. Well, they're saying starting the new year, they're going to take that away. Since May they needed to be in the office. As I mentioned, three days a week, but starting January second, they're going to need to be in the office the entire week.
Speaker 2: Did Elon must do that with Twitter or X? He wanted people back.
Speaker 3: In the office too when he got I think when he went to X he really did change it. I think a lot of people were working remote and he's like, no, we want to see you in there.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the day ratio, what I know a lot a ton of people go. But one of his big things was getting people back into the office.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they have faced pushback from employees in previous attempts to get back to the office full time. There was a walkout last year at Seattle headquarters. And yeah, there will be exceptions just like there were before the pandemic.
Speaker 1: So we'll be monitoring that.
Speaker 4: Oh, sweet, sweet coffee.
Speaker 3: You have a strangle hold on many people these days, myself included. Not surprisingly, most coffee lovers take coffee seriously. In this new poll, more than half of American coffee drinkers say a good cup of coffee is so powerful that it can turn one of their worst days around. Many people have coffee first thing in the morning. On the flip side, thirty one percent of people said their entire day can be ruined if their coffee isn't just right.
Speaker 2: Come on, so you're putting too much fasasis on the coffee.
Speaker 4: I think, Oh, I love it. I'm right here with this.
Speaker 1: My day would never hint. My day's mood would never hinge on a beverage in the morning.
Speaker 11: This thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, once you hear that, it's like, okay, let me get my juice.
Speaker 1: That's why I But that's why I avoided it for such a long period of my life. I think I've talked that I now drink coffee in the morning since the pandemic. I started drinking coffee for no reason other than, hey, maybe I'll have a cup of coffee and then I.
Speaker 2: Just started doing it.
Speaker 1: Now I feel like I kind of need it. But I'm like becoming a coffee snob like Alex, I think does a little bit of the same thing. He doesn't want it to taste good. He doesn't want to like it. But you still you drink it black right when you do drink it, drink it. How often are you drinking coffee?
Speaker 4: Maybe like once a week now?
Speaker 5: Oh really, if I wake up and I'm really tired, Thursday's Fridays maybe okay.
Speaker 4: Otherwise it's tea, Yeah, I trying to do tea.
Speaker 1: Is the coffee here awful?
Speaker 4: It's so bad that really it is terror it is.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not gonna want to be like pissing on something that's free. Yeah, and that what's available right here. To me, it is such a break in case of emergency.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know that it's not good now exactly.
Speaker 4: The fact that you got started on this coffee and you're still drinking it. Yeah, like a good cup of.
Speaker 1: Coffee might actually change your life every time I take a sip.
Speaker 2: Day you musted up the gorme.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk about YouTuber's logan.
Speaker 3: Paul Mister best and KSI why because they're teaming up and they want to take on a culinary juggernaut.
Speaker 4: Who am I talking about? I'm talking about lunchables.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They say they have a new product called Lunchly.
Speaker 3: And that'll include the Prime drinks, one of mister B's feastible bars, and it'll launch with three options. So they're gonna have Turkey stackums, pizza, and Fiesta nachos.
Speaker 4: So they say, look, the lunch grab and go.
Speaker 3: Market has been dominated by lunchable since we were kids ourselves, and it's time to provide a better option for those looking for a con healthier choice. I like this, but I don't think that like Prime in the Beast bar, are that much better of an option than the luxible.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a part of my life, and for some reason, when I think lunchables, I think Alex. I don't know why I feel like you lunchibles It was a thing, no red Yeah, as a kid, yeah, not as an adult as a kid though not like all the time, though, no, okay.
Speaker 3: I'll terrible lunch I had lunchables back then, I'll have one now. I now prefer obviously a charcouterie board, but the adult lunchible.
Speaker 1: But we never did any of that. No crustables, whatever those things are, we didn't do any of that.
Speaker 3: So we used do the little pizzas that you would make, like you could make your own little Rob pizza.
Speaker 1: It was so weird.
Speaker 2: I don't do it with my kid either. I'd rather not do any of that.
Speaker 4: Mark Hoppus, hoppis Hoppus.
Speaker 1: I never know how to pronounce this last time.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's branching out, and he announced yesterday that he has written a book. If you didn't know, he's the vocalist and basically a Forwequentity two. He has written a book called Fahrenheit one eighty two. It's set to release April eighth. You can pre order it now. There is a video on Instagram where he says his book has punk rock clubs, skateboarding, nineties music, and that's not all in.
Speaker 4: True punk form.
Speaker 3: He promises that if you order now, you'll receive, at no extra cost to you, anxiety, depression, bad breakups, and everyone's favorite cancer. Mark himself was diagnosed with the fallmas so he can joke about it. In twenty twenty one, he reported he was cancer free in twenty twenty two after chemo.
Speaker 4: So can't wait to read the book. Those are heus some headlines?
Speaker 2: Is that a book you're gonna read?
Speaker 9: Sure?
Speaker 1: I want like pounding groupies in the back. I don't think you're going to get that with his book. No, you do. That's why I wrote book. That's why I go to like the guns and Roses guys for the report or game prol Oh. Yeah, yeah. In his book he did not talk about that he loved his wife.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for the next one though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got to write another one, all right?
Speaker 1: What do you got? In sports?
Speaker 5: They asked speed of the Padres last night three to one. They'll play them again tonight. Hunter Brown up in the mount for this drills, going up against San Diego's Michael King. First pitches at eight forty and you can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. On Monday Night Football, the Falcons came back to beat the Eagles twenty two to twenty one. Eagles had a chance to put it away, but Saquon Barkley dropped a pass that would have sealed the game, and the Falcons drove down and scored a touchdown.
Speaker 1: Sucks to suck Philadelphia. That's what's going on in sports woner p didd he's got time to knock out a book before he gets locked up.
Speaker 4: We'll have nothe butt time when he's in there. Yeah, read that, Crawd.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you're allowed to, though, I don't know how that works.
Speaker 2: That would be an interesting book.
Speaker 1: Though, not going to read it.
Speaker 13: All.
Speaker 1: Right, here we go, guys, that's the end of Home Room. I hope you stick around for the seven o'clock out where I got one of those two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card twenty days celebrating twenty years.
Speaker 2: That's coming up at seven to twenty.
Speaker 11: Houston's rocking alternatives, The.
Speaker 6: Rod Last, the Morning Show six to ten AM, five Buzz ninety.
Speaker 1: Four or five the Buzz. Welcome to the seven o'clock hour, everybody. If you're carrying over from homeroom, thank you. If you're just joining the show, Wiki Wiki, hands off Snakey. Nothing over a ten percent chance of raining today, partly Cloudie Skuy's ninety five ninety five will be the high We have been partying with our friend's Academy Sports and Outdoors and the party will continue four weeks of it. So twenty days celebrating twenty years. Another two hundred dollars gift card to Academy Sports and Outdoors. We've had some happy people. Oh, one guy already sent me his sting. I have to go look for it. He bought binoculars, he's a hunter. He bought some be nos for first two hundred dollars gift card. Oh with the Academy very cool?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do you wonder what people are gonna buy with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fun. I didn't even really you know, you know the success or the lack of success I have of people sending me pictures in the pit. You know, it's not a requirement to ever send us a photograph. But yeah, if you go to Academy and you you you do a shopping spree with that two hundred dollars, I'd love to know what you spent it on.
Speaker 2: We talked about this a little bit on the show.
Speaker 1: Where do you go when you.
Speaker 3: Walk into Academy? What's the first section you go?
Speaker 1: What's your favorite section? Alex Academy Sports and Outdoors. Do you do you have one section or do you just like most people just go to the left and to just meander around.
Speaker 4: I like tolking the shoes first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the sneakers, yeah pretty good. Yeah, it's a little bit of a scavenger hunt, yeah for those shoes. But I don't like to ask for help. I'm like, I want to find these on my own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's got to be thirteen's back there somewhere.
Speaker 4: And you find them and you open up, you're like, oh, that's all the color.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, damn it, who put those here? Those don't belong here?
Speaker 4: I want these what I want to be blo.
Speaker 1: I told you I have every grill known to man, and I love that grill section. And then and I can't I buy barbecue sauce from there. I love that that section that is just I feel like a man.
Speaker 3: So once I have my stuff, which is usually like something sporty.
Speaker 1: Clothing, sporty, sporty bras.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just want to be a sporty girl, I go to the cashier and then they've got pretty good snacks. By the cashier, They've got like beef.
Speaker 3: Jerkeys and gums and like just random snacks that you really might need.
Speaker 1: They might be second to BUCkies and jerky he's pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 4: Get some gatorades, a little pre workout, and yeah there's.
Speaker 1: Some jerky all right, Well, i'll find the guy with the bnox. One guy did send me something. He went out and did that already, so that was I thought that was cool. So you hey, whatever you want, man, two hundred dollars, it'll be all yours.
Speaker 2: It'll be after the break. Okay, I'm looking, you know I have.
Speaker 1: I seem to have misplaced all my shouted Out Loud homework that I did.
Speaker 4: Powder.
Speaker 2: We're gonna play the game.
Speaker 1: Don't worry. We're gonna play.
Speaker 2: Find it but no, you can't. I don't want to looking around here.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I did with it.
Speaker 4: Well, if I find it, I get to look at it.
Speaker 2: All my shot about loud stuff.
Speaker 1: And then I'll do the host. Oh I got it right here, Okay, in my stack of papers. I have it right here. We're gonna play the Shout It.
Speaker 2: Out Loud game.
Speaker 1: Snakes, right, Alex. You know that's how you're gonna win your pit tickets to five Finger Death Punch. Yesterday the concert announcement was a wall nation. I'll have those tickets for you. I know the show huge concert announcement on Thursday. A lot of people are sending me emails to trying to guess what that is. We're gonna be involved in that concert announcement, and hopefully we'll be involved in that concert announcement all morning long, given away tickets. It's a big deal. It's a big deal. And then the other thing is the twentieth anniversary party. Well, that's not the only other thing. There's always there's we always have a million things going on. That's it's exhausting. Okay, it's exhausting. There's a million things going on. So Chili's gonna be out tomorrow with the anniversary party tickets. And you know, I can't even just my mom would call that beaten around the bush. I can't even beat around the bush anymore. I'm just gonna tell you he's gonna be out with tickets. You're gonna find out his locale at seven oh five tomorrow, Okay. And then we had a great first phone call today. We had one of our great listeners beat prostate cancer.
Speaker 2: The timing couldn't be better.
Speaker 1: It is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, and just like that, the Rod Ryan Show Cares online store is up and running.
Speaker 2: We've got the kick ass merchandise.
Speaker 1: And most importantly, we've got the well I mean, none of it's more important than the other, but we got a lot of Boobe Rock merchandise. But it's all new, all new merchandise in the store. All the money's going to dy Anderson. And it just so happens that first phone call he was cured at dy Anderson saving lives every day over there, and it was such an uplifting way to start the show. Today. I'm feeding, I'm still living on that energy. I don't need your little coffee story. Okay, that first phone call, that was the best caffeine ever. That was the want that story. While I sip my it was four loco caffeine from that phone call this morning. It was awesome. So yeah, the Rod Ryan Show Cares online store. I'd love for you to go in there. If you don't want any of our merchandise, I get it. A lot of you have, like know, some of you are telling me you got ten fifteen of our T shirts over the years. I love you for it. I do. And if you've had enough and you don't want to, you don't need another koozie or another ball cap.
Speaker 2: If you can drop some money in there.
Speaker 1: That would be huge.
Speaker 2: I know I'm very needy. I'm always asking you guys.
Speaker 1: First off, all right, let me take a short break. When we come back, ret check, find out what's trending two hundred dollars Academy Sports an Outdoor gift card.
Speaker 2: It's all coming up, rock.
Speaker 11: And alternative, very use to The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz twenty four or five The Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan Show on this tat Tuesday, one hour from now, the shout It out Loud Game.
Speaker 2: Why would I subject myself to this?
Speaker 1: Three cast members shouting at me to win you pit tickets to five finger death Punch that's in an hour from now. I got that Academy Sports an Outdoors Gift card coming up for you in just a moment. Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy Hive ninety five. Let's find out what's trending this money. What do we need to know?
Speaker 3: Well, it's to tell how trustworthy the sources. But according to Life and Style magazine, Morgan Wallin is preparing to go to jail for thirty to sixty days based on that chair throw incident.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's headlining the Crazy Criminal blog page today. There's a good chance he goes to jail, okay.
Speaker 3: I mean this is on Life and Style magazine.
Speaker 1: He threw the chair off the roof of a building right in that whatever that real busy bar area is. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess he has a.
Speaker 3: Tour schedule internationally, so I mean this might ruin the tour. This this, this might ruin this tour.
Speaker 1: He's really, really famous. He's probably not going to jail, okay.
Speaker 4: So we'll go from the really famous to the really rich.
Speaker 3: Prince Harry is reportedly set to inherit ten point five million dollars after turning forty this past weekend. So this is a trust fund set up by his late great grandmother, the Queen Mother.
Speaker 1: And I think he got a big chunk.
Speaker 3: Of change from his from Princess Diana when he turned thirty, and now that he's turning forty, he'll get that ten point five million. And he said in a CBS interview that he's like, you know, because of this money, we were able to back away from my royal duties. We were able to move to America and start our life here, live a humble life right with Archie and willavet his kids. So that and then it seems like influencers are just trying to prank us. The latest health advice from TikTok is to start eating dirt.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a link up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a term for it. They're called crunchers and digging us claim.
Speaker 1: Don't go dig this stuff up in your backyard. You got to go buy special dirt.
Speaker 3: Just make sure, right, most crunchers perform edible chunks of clay.
Speaker 4: And there's a video on our on our blog page.
Speaker 2: So people are dumb.
Speaker 1: There's really not.
Speaker 3: Any scientific evidence to back up this health claim, so good luck to you all.
Speaker 1: That's what's trending on Nightie for five the buzz. You want to see something cool, yeah, of course. On the Looking at Girls blog page, cav on d she's pretty artsy, fartsy, right, very She did a penny floor in the bathroom of her new house on and she's got like shiny ones and dark dirty dingy pennies, pennies one cent pieces and she laid them penny by penny in the in like a pattern. And then she, I don't know, she lacked over it. Whatever made it real shiny resin. But one of her bathrooms is coated in pennies and the design is so awesome. If you want to see something really really cool today, it's on the Looking at Girls blog page. It must have taken her forever, but I do believe that she did it. Yeah, I think that she does something.
Speaker 3: It seems like a meticulous artist that would do something like that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you can go look at people eat dirt, or you can watch cat Vondie put a beautiful bathroom floor together with one cent pieces.
Speaker 4: You know, our crowd, you know what they're gonna go click on right.
Speaker 1: Let's uh, I know, I know. That's why we have everything on the on the links and guests today. All right, let's give something. Wait, what do you go?
Speaker 3: You want to do the two hundred dollars Academy gift cards? Okay, So Academy is helping us celebrate twenty years of The Rod Ryan Show in Houston. So they're giving our wonderful, beautiful listeners two hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah for twenty days seven one, three, two, nine, four five. If you want it, Bay, we don't need your attitude. We have one of our own show, The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five. It's the bus ninety four or five buzz, that's my man, Chili's band, that's Pod and Youth of the Nation. Rod Ryan Show on this tat Tuesday, nothing.
Speaker 2: Over a ten percent chance of rain today.
Speaker 1: Party Claude Skuys hies up. Around ninety five.
Speaker 2: I found the email.
Speaker 1: I sent it to you in Chile. Uh, brother Rod. I won the two hundred dollars gift card last week. I know the show cow Hides and Footballs. I believe we were talking about it. Sure, I snagged myself a nice new pair of binoculars for this coming dear season. Wanted to thank you and Academy and congrats on twenty years. I am a twenty year list Nerve minus the four years I left for college. I am now thirty eight.
Speaker 3: Weston Dude, he has like eight bucks hanging in the back of his Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like we know what section of Academy he goes through when.
Speaker 4: Lest a deer hate to see him coming, Like I never.
Speaker 2: I never want that for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, deer heads around the hanging off the wall, just sticking out of the wall. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I don't want it for me.
Speaker 1: I think it's cool, you know, like people say it's it's This is not a backheaded compliment, because it truly is.
Speaker 2: When somebody says I.
Speaker 1: Love that for you, I think you're an asshole. Okay, I really do feel like you're being an asshole. I think it's cool to see those animals sticking out of the walls.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 2: I don't want it, but when I see it, it's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't want that to my house.
Speaker 4: I want a moosehead.
Speaker 5: I'm never going hunting, but like, you'd be sick just have a big ass moose head, like your front injury way.
Speaker 1: I want to now. Guy, Jessica who used to be on the show, she's an outdoorsy gal. I mean she was, you know, she was like her dad's dude growing up. Yeah, her dad's first son. Yeah, had happened. And I hadn't been at our house in a while, and I'm just I'm in the kitchen and we're getting ready to go out, and I glanced up and I'm like, there's this huge freaking marlin on the wall. I'm like, what what is that, darling.
Speaker 9: Marlin?
Speaker 1: I said what? She goes, Oh yeah, I called that a doubt. One man I'm like, when did that go down? Ernest Hemingway, I didn't know about this. I don't remember getting a text about it.
Speaker 5: My dad has ducks and some pheasants in his study. This stuff that he looks bad ass, and I think he's a turkey. He has a turkey shot. It's all like stuff and it's like hanging on the walls.
Speaker 2: Like a duck doesn't seem like a huge conquest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's like I know, but it's like really like pretty looking, like it's got like the cool like green they are.
Speaker 1: Feathers are very beautiful.
Speaker 2: Oh, we killed the dude.
Speaker 1: The dude.
Speaker 2: Ducks are good looking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah a bird alibir y male birds are hotter than the chicks do all the dance and in the I want to track the women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my favorite tea.
Speaker 1: So hard girl, Weston, I mean just the name Weston. He's standing in the manliest room Ember if you guys want to put that out all right, So what what is this person gonna buy?
Speaker 2: I got another for twenty days.
Speaker 1: Academy Sports and Outdoors celebrating twenty years has given us.
Speaker 2: A two hundred dollars gift card. Good morning, rod Ryan, show.
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 1: Jessee?
Speaker 2: Jesse? Your color number ten?
Speaker 1: Congratulations? Yeah, I was gonna go for the color twenty thing, but Chili gets pissed. It A two hundred dollars gift card Academy Sports and Outdoors.
Speaker 8: Tweet Man, thank you, Rod, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: So I appreciate you, I really do. And thanks to Academy for coming on board and kind of celebrating our twenty years. We were talking about going into Academy. Do you a favorite section? Is it one section that you like or is this something that you're gonna take care of other people? You're gonna take care of yourself on this one.
Speaker 15: I think I might take care of myself on this one. I'm kind of like you.
Speaker 1: I like to have all the outdoor gadgets. Man, I love that section. I mean they have like pro commercial crawfish cookers. I don't even know how to cook crawfish, Okay, I've been around there. I mean they're huge, these boilers, these these rigs are huge.
Speaker 2: It's the one thing I don't have.
Speaker 1: You need to work on that I don't need it.
Speaker 3: Next season Christmas, Christmas coming up.
Speaker 1: London and I are gonna eat ninety five pounds of crawfish together.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Got you. Take care. I don't need it. Jesse. Congratulations, dude, thank.
Speaker 12: You for having Congress on twenty years.
Speaker 1: Thanks, thank you. But up another store that I hadn't been in in a while, But I just went to Costco over the weekend.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, you're a Costco guy. Yeah, given a boom or a doom? Have you seen those guys online?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 10: What is that?
Speaker 5: It's just like an annoying father's son combo that just goes and everything's either.
Speaker 1: A boom or doom. The products always boom. It's always boomed. Oh really, well, I thought you were going to be more. Is it Sam's Club or Costco? Because we had that debate.
Speaker 4: I don't know on the Costco guys. Don't worry, okay.
Speaker 1: I don't think I want to be on the Costco guys. The thing that I was amazed at is I just read the average person spends thirty seven minutes in Costco.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I was in there longer.
Speaker 1: Not okay, they spend The average person spends a dollar seventy five a minute that they're in the store. Dollars seventy five a minute, thirty seven minutes, sixty four to seventy five. Has anybody gotten out of Costco for sixty four dollars and seventy five cents? No?
Speaker 5: No picking up prescription maybe and then you just yeah, maybe food on the way out.
Speaker 1: I mean, did you just need one thing? You don't go to Costco if you just need one Yeah, I do the bas you get? What do you get?
Speaker 5: What do you I don't have a Costco membership? So like when I moved into my new apartment, I got a big ass TV. I was like, Dad, can I go to Costco with you? I'd like to purchase a television? But that wasn't sixty We bought a TV.
Speaker 4: We left.
Speaker 2: You just bought. You had the discipline to just buy the one thing.
Speaker 4: We only went for one thing.
Speaker 1: Bro the twenty five pound of the twenty five pound bag of.
Speaker 5: Granola or the try didn't even I didn't. Electronics is right in the front. We walked right there, went to the thing and left.
Speaker 1: They didn't want to walk the trail mixed the size of dog food bags. Yeah, okay, oh my god, you have to throw something else in the cart.
Speaker 4: Some trails are really long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just bought the TV.
Speaker 4: You just bought the TV.
Speaker 1: That's disciplined.
Speaker 12: Bro.
Speaker 4: We with that all milk, get a bag of lemons. I'll get some food to Getty chicken for like five bucks.
Speaker 1: And you know what, listeners turned me on to the Kirkland perseco. Oh yeah, you know what.
Speaker 4: You brought some of that here.
Speaker 1: It's delightful, it is. Thank you for the pro tip to our listeners that said, rod Well.
Speaker 2: I think we came up with that.
Speaker 1: On the show. We said that was one of the most purchased things at Costco. Bananas was number one, and then prosecco was too, So it was like, what could those two things be further apart from one another?
Speaker 3: Didn't they say that the Kirklin vodka was like the same as Greg Goose?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, maybe I went into that liquor store too. Did you go to the liquor store there? All right, well, Jesse, he's gonna put him on hold, all right, have fun at Academy Sports and Outdoors.
Speaker 13: Jesse Ryan celebrating twenty years on the Buzz. Twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us I've ever met.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, all right, ninety four The Buzz, It's Green Day and basket Case, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Uh, don't really talk much TV on the show, but I didn't mention that. I think it's it's definitely of note. Jimmy Fallon Tonight, Colin Farrell, Okay, who cares Lily Collins all right, Mike Shanoda, I think is gonna take the couch. So I think Shanoda's gonna sit and talk with Jimmy, and then Lincoln Park is going to play, so I don't know if the new lead singer will sit as well, but Mike Shanoda clearly the mouthpiece. Now, it's kind of always been his band, as people have explained it to me, people that know Lincoln Park more than me. They said, that's really always been Mike's band. So that's on Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel Tonight, Smashing Pumpkins are gonna be on. I don't know if Big Baldy sits and couches it with with with Jimmy Kimmel, but yeah, they have Mike Shanoda listed as a guest, so he should be talking a little bit about what's going on with the band. And I think that should be really interesting. Plus they do play live on those shows. They don't lip sync, so you know, you get a chance to hear Emily sing again. And I just had somebody let me go look for that one too. So many emails pouring in. Somebody just went to go see them in New York. They must have played either yesterday maybe last night was the New York show And damn it, I gotta.
Speaker 2: Find her email. She wore the Homeroom T shirt.
Speaker 1: Oh nice. She wore her Homeroom T shirt to the Lincoln Park show. She said it's her favorite band. She said they were great. Let me go dig up that review and then we can kind of put that out there as well. Contractors go to service titan dot com to learn more about the leading all in one software for the trades.
Speaker 11: The rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am.
Speaker 1: The Bus ninety four five, The buzz Well. That song easily translates to an acoustic unplugged song for sure.
Speaker 2: They're even dead Man and Medicaid.
Speaker 1: They are on the bill The rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. Oh yes, they have a dead Man's playing. That's right, blow Outober, Sublime, Shine Down, xce's Can't Buy tickets.
Speaker 2: Gotta win them.
Speaker 1: Gave away a pair of tickets already on the air, I said Chili was gonna be out tomorrow. It's going to be another one of those ticket drops, and we're gonna have a ton of tickets out there for you. Where will Chili be I don't know. I don't know, but I think we're gonna have to air drop him in now. I don't think he can drive there. I don't think he can safely get there. Yeah, it's not safe on the street. So if anybody's got a helicopter, we can borrow uh and some rope so we can safely get Chili down somewhere into a location. Okay, yeah, yeah, we'll get him a shoot and then uh.
Speaker 2: He probably should tand him with someone.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking, okay, yeah, two guys that have never jumped out of a plane. That's good.
Speaker 4: Heave that right.
Speaker 1: Hard, just one cord to pull. All right.
Speaker 2: Well, that's gonna happen tomorrow on the show. That's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: Ten percent chance of ring partly the cloude hype ninety five seven five is when Chili will be landing at the location. Right now, Tessa has Houston's headlines. Yeah, I do.
Speaker 3: And we're gonna start with the evacuations that are still in effect for Laporte as a result of that pipeline fire in Deer Park. If you don't know, yesterday there was a huge explosion around ten am on Spencer Highway in near well of Boulevard and suv reportedly drove through a fence and plowed into a pipeline valve. That's what triggered this valve. That's what triggered this blast. And it may take a while for this pipeline fire to finish burning itself out.
Speaker 1: It is still burning.
Speaker 3: Energy Transfer is the company that owns the pipeline, and they shut down two valves to cut off the flow of liquid of liquid natural gas to the fire. But the valves are twenty miles apart, so all the gas still in the line.
Speaker 4: That has to blow out, that has to burn itself out. They really just have to. It's a waiting game.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Jason lives in the area.
Speaker 1: Rod. I'm sure you heard you guys know what's going on with the gas line explosion. As someone who was affected by this, could you please let your audience know and keep us in your prayers. Me and my wife. We just moved a few weeks ago. Now we can't get to our new place due to the still burning gas line. I know some houses were on fire and suffered severe damage. Shout out to the Laporte and Deer Park first responders.
Speaker 2: That's firefighters, police.
Speaker 1: And EMTs for being on their best and handling this the best they can. Thank you, Jason, all right, best to everybody out in that area. And please those first responders, the firefighters. You can't get close to this thing, it's so hot. But just what he.
Speaker 3: Said, they were doing their best to kind of contain the area. They were doing the knocking on doors, going and making sure everyone was out of that area. So yeah, just reiterating what he said, and we'll be talking about that again all right.
Speaker 4: Time is running out.
Speaker 3: If you want to vote in this year's election and aren't registered, Today is National Voter Registration Day.
Speaker 1: There's a big push to expand the voter roles.
Speaker 3: The goal is to help people sign up or get back on the voter list if they missed a deadline. I forgot to update their registration after moving. Meanwhile, the man suspected in an attempted assassination of former President Trump did not fire any shots. The Secret Service director was giving a press conference and he said that the suspected shooter, Ryan Routh, was unable to get a single shot off. He praised the quick actions of the Secret Service there that FBI confirmed their investigating Sunday's event as an assassination attempt.
Speaker 4: And I believe Trump actually went on.
Speaker 3: Truth social and was kind of commenting on the assassination attempt overnight.
Speaker 1: So he had some remarks.
Speaker 3: I don't have those right in front of me, but I can't update you in the next headlines. Okay, let's talk about this little girl who was just apparently on a mission. She's an't your a girl in Ohio. Her parents reported her missing on Sunday morning. Her parents hadn't seen her in a couple of hours, but it turned out she was very busy. Security footage shows her getting out of the family's suv, getting into the family suv and driving off. So she gets in the family car. She drives off about twelve miles down the road.
Speaker 1: It's not even a small car test, it's an suv. She's eight years old, family vehicle. This kid must be huge. This kid's got to be the tallest eight year old of all time. I don't know how she reached the pedals. I did not steal my mom's car until I was maybe fourteen or fifteen. I backed it out on the driveway and took off with it for a little bit, joy riding.
Speaker 4: Milviournite driving seems to be a pretty yeah, like a teenage thing sneaking out to do. He's only eight years old.
Speaker 1: Where did she go?
Speaker 4: Where would eight and eight year old go?
Speaker 2: Toys r Us?
Speaker 4: Target?
Speaker 1: Okay? Target?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't think Toys r Us is around anymore.
Speaker 3: And she went into Starbucks and she was drinking a frappucino when the police found her.
Speaker 1: Did she go through the drive throw? No, she didn't.
Speaker 4: You have to walk into Starbucks. Is in the Target?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, okay.
Speaker 3: So, and she had purchased she had done like a trip, a shopping trip.
Speaker 1: She had taken some money.
Speaker 4: She had four hundred dollars cash on her.
Speaker 1: This little girl Skid's a wildling.
Speaker 4: She You know what this reminds me?
Speaker 3: I remember that kid who was like, I want to do hood rat things with my friends, like because he stole his car TERRYO.
Speaker 4: He's like, it's fun to be bad. It's fun to do bad. So well anyway, I'm just seeing that she wasn't being bad.
Speaker 1: But yeah she was. I mean, oh yeah, this is bad, but this is stole money and a car.
Speaker 4: But I think in the heart of hearts of all little eight year old girls, they all want to go to Target and go to Starbucks. But she like, it's the parents. You need to kind of reel that in.
Speaker 1: Right, here's what I'm This is my prediction. And I don't know, I didn't see the story. I can see today's modern age parents hugging that child, just so thankful that she's Okay. My mom would have beat my ass in front of those television cameras. She would have beat my ass on live TV. There would have been there would have been a murder scene, okay, right there at the Target murdered. There would have been taped.
Speaker 2: There'd be a chalk outline of me where I used to be.
Speaker 1: Hey, these calls let her finish her frappuccinos?
Speaker 9: Stop Stop?
Speaker 1: How'd she get to learn a lesson? Sean slap it out of her hand? Listen.
Speaker 3: Shandity Combs was arrested last night in a Manhattan hotel There's no word on what he's charged with, but obviously it's related to the sex traffic allegations he's been.
Speaker 1: Facing over the past year.
Speaker 3: Since last No Memory has been hit with ten lawsuits a legend rape trafficking and other crimes. So the FEDS we no rated his homes in LA and Miami back in March. His attorney says he's disappointed with the arrest, saying that he has been nothing but cooperative.
Speaker 1: Did He has been nothing but cooperative with this investigation.
Speaker 2: You know, Didiman.
Speaker 1: He videotaped everything, This creep videotaped everything. They have hours and hours of video.
Speaker 5: Remember when he covered that police song. It wasn't really for Notorious Bag. It's about I'll be watching you every Breathroy take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be watching all these girls at my house on video for us put them Why.
Speaker 3: Jane's addiction is canceling the remainder of their tour after a fight broke out on stage during a Boston show. We had talked about that on Friday's concert came to an abrupt end when Perry Ferrell throw a punch at Dave Navarro. Now, the group says they have made the difficult decision to take some time away. The tour was scandled to Rapper was scheduled to wrap in LA on October sixteenth, but the remainder of it is canceled.
Speaker 1: Perry also posted his own apology. Those are Houston's headlines. Okay, what you got?
Speaker 5: Astros fell to the Padres last night three to one. They're gonna play the Padres again tonight. Hunter Brown is going to be on the mount for the Strows, going up against San Diego's Michael King.
Speaker 4: First pitches at eight forty and you can hear that game on our.
Speaker 5: Sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety On Monday Night Football, the Falcons came back to beat the Eagles twenty two to twenty one. Eagles almost had it, but we're not able to seal the game on a crucial third down, had to settle for a field goal that gave the Falcons enough time to drive down the field and score a game winning touchdown. You can just see all of those highlights on the sports blog page today as well as you see this.
Speaker 1: This is also on a sports blog.
Speaker 5: Carolina Panthers are benching last year's number one overall pick, Bryce Young.
Speaker 2: The one that the one that we could have taken.
Speaker 1: Remember when there was a lot of lovey hate.
Speaker 5: I think I was part of it because you're like, damn it, you just screwed us out of a number one pick.
Speaker 2: Yes, Bryce Young would have been a Texan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Bryce Young would have been the number one quarterback pick by anybody that needed a quarterback. And where he is because they beat the Colts in that final game, the Texans slid down to this second spot. Bryce Young goes to the Panthers. His career didn't, at least in Carolina is over.
Speaker 1: Didn't Love Smith go.
Speaker 2: For two or something. We didn't get them something dumb at.
Speaker 4: The love Smith. He just didn't quit. Yes, okay, and they got to win.
Speaker 12: C J.
Speaker 4: Stroud looking awesome for the Texans. And the guy that got taken one pick before him is now. I think Williams got taken for Cili.
Speaker 3: Williams this year before read on the sports Bug page.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show on the ninety four or five the Buzz. That's three days, Grace, And just like you have played part of the show, pay pop half way. I'm gonna play a game coming up this hour. We've been played like a different game in a long time, kind of get locked in sometimes. I mean, we did that suburb of Summer Siszler for such a long time. That was part of my identity for a while. There, I miss you. We're gonna play the shot about loud game. Oh, we have a terrible intro for that. Oh no, we have a good one. Jimle Blake made us one. We have one that we have one that we're singing on, which is terrible. No, what just play it? Geez all right, we're gonna play this game. Shout, shout beautiful that hears me, shout it, Alex, you son of a bitch. You're the one that can actually sing. I'm singing. I hear in the sort of every one of our dumb jingles that I make you guys sing, I don't hear you want any of them? And your can actually just loud?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you pissed me off.
Speaker 1: God. Yeah, why don't you sing louder if you hate me? Because we don't get to take advantage of your beautiful singing voice at all? Yeah, because you're so it's upsetting. It's upsetting to me. Okay, you've runed my day. You've ed my day.
Speaker 2: You're lucky. I'm in such a good mood.
Speaker 1: To a gift. You have a gift to share with the world. Listen. I wanted to mention that the Rod Ryan Show, the Booge Rock Our golf tournament. You know that it's sold out, but I need more sponsors. I need more people on board. If you have a business and you would like to come out and maybe activate, what does that mean, like set up a tent and hang out and you know, set up your little business or your big business and and get involved in shake hands and meet all these great influencing people. Uh, our friends over at Admiral Transfer and Rigging is our title sponsor. And they've come in I don't know how many years in a row now, but Duke and sec I was with them last night. Duke and Cec are like angels that walk on this earth. They're involved in so many charities on a Monday, I don't know how they Yeah, I was the I was the celebrity bingo caller. And let me tell you. Let me tell you. When you're using me as your celebrity bingo caller for your charity, you are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Okay, where was the bingo. It was for the Best Buddies organization.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're familiar.
Speaker 1: I've done a couple of things with them. I actually went to their gala once with Cheetah and her husband intellectual developmental disabilities. Okay, idd Best Buddies is a great organization out there. It's got to be for you to be out on a Monday. Yeah, well I can't. I would never say no to Duke and CC for anything, Okay, I just would never say no. So the question on the table, I think was did I go for the sixty nine? Of course I did every time, every time, and it killed. I leveled the room every single time, was you know? And then you know I shot a B twelve, you know, I mean, you know, I mixed it up a little bit, very good.
Speaker 2: You know, you got to get a couple of you know.
Speaker 1: What was I doing? I was talking. I'm sorry I got distracted about you being out. I was talking about Duke and CC. So title sponsors. Car Bock is our official beer, Liquid Death is our official water. Jordan at Formative Structures is in four years in a row. Keith at Rooster's Bar and Grill in this year, thank you. We got a great sponsor from Brent at EXSIV Technologies, so we're sold out of the golfers. But I need more businesses involved. I need more items to put into the auction. You know what I saw the artists from us.
Speaker 5: What I think is our friend Nicole the artist was saying that she was trying to get other artists to go in on sponsoring a hole and they could display their art while you go to the hole, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 2: She said.
Speaker 5: I think she's Nicole ar ted On on Twitter if you want to hit her up.
Speaker 1: It's clay and Kiln is her place. She's also working. She paints too. She's painting something for us, like a be someone rod Ryan show a painting. I saw that that we're going to be able to put in the auction. But she asked me, she said, can can I team up with a bunch of other artists, because you know, artists, they don't have a lot of money, but we you know, she wants to always get involved. She said, what if I get a couple of artists and we split a hole. I'm like, yeah, that sounds like an awesome party hole. Yeah, really almost the great adest. Maybe some other people can do stuff like that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we will work with you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know there's businesses out there that are listening right now that are saying, hey, yeah, that would be great. Let me go talk to my boss and see if we can maybe have a whole sponsorship out there. And when I say a whole sponsorship, you can come out and work your whole and tell people about your business. You know, you got all these golfers that are all looped up.
Speaker 2: They're gonna spend money at all.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's how. That's how Tess and I have our security systems. Okay.
Speaker 4: And then some guy was like, hey, we're talking about a security guy. I gave Tim's number to someone else.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all right, is it Tim?
Speaker 3: Chris Chris Chris Chris Chris Chris Jarvis from Jervis Security getting all these shout outs in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are all right. So no, no, bro, it's bad. I heard Chili. I listened for Alex though.
Speaker 4: You hear that, No, no, no where you know where to be found.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I don't hear anybody but me, okay. And you were the loudest one, all right, coming up the shout it out Loud, Game Houston Rock.
Speaker 10: Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning shownety four The Bus.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan's Show Still free after all these years, over twenty years, not still not charging?
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 1: Oh free? Ten percent chanceer rain? Nothing over a ten percent chanceer rain today Part the Claudi's Guys highs it around ninety five. Okay, getting all amped up because we've got a game coming up.
Speaker 2: But first let's find out what's trending.
Speaker 3: The Coastguard has having their public hearings on last year's Ocean Gate Titan submersible.
Speaker 4: Remember that deadly implosion?
Speaker 5: Did they find it like I thought? I saw a picture somebody posted of it on the ocean floor. I thought is But I thought it like collapsed under the pressure, Like wouldn't it be nothing?
Speaker 1: No, it had a blowout in it, but there's still a bunch of it that is intact. I thought it was supposed to.
Speaker 3: Be like like there was nothing else left.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought.
Speaker 2: I thought.
Speaker 4: I was under the impression.
Speaker 1: You're right. I thought it imploded and it, like you said, like a crumpled cant. It doesn't look like that.
Speaker 2: It looks like there's a blowout in it.
Speaker 3: And it's crazy because the last message that they got from the crew was them saying all good here. That was the last message from that crew that was doomed.
Speaker 4: Okay, So that's a big story.
Speaker 3: Also, Jordan Chiles is appealing her bronze medal being stripped from her.
Speaker 1: I know the Olympics were in the summer, but.
Speaker 3: This is a decision that left her without a bronze medal in the Paris Olympics, So they are Her attorney said yesterday everything about the court's decision to take that gold, that to take that bronze medal away from her was unfair and they didn't consider the video evidence that the initial revision was requested in time. So a Swisshigh court is going to take up that matter. That is an ongoing thing. Then the FDA approved the new I Watch. The new Apple Watch is going to be able to detect sleep apnea. Yeah, they're gonna launch a new series ten watch. It's going to be released this month on the twentieth and you can have that sleep apnea feature on the new one and then you can download it. It's approved by the FDA, So it's kind of a big deal for Apple Watch. Those are that's what's trending. On ninety four five, the buzz.
Speaker 2: I thought we had another one.
Speaker 1: That's for the game, the actual game. Where's the good one? This is the band Shout it Up.
Speaker 2: That's the third damn time that's played.
Speaker 4: We were so excited to doc.
Speaker 2: In twenty five minutes in.
Speaker 3: The studio, I wrote a song.
Speaker 1: All right, this is the Shouted Out Loud game? What are we giving away?
Speaker 3: I have a pair of pit tickets to see Five Finger Death Punch with special guest Marilyn Manson. Now here's the thing. The show is Thursday night at Woodland's Pavilion, and whoever wins the pit tickets is also going to qualify for a grand prize. It's a signed five Finger Death Punch guitar.
Speaker 2: Geez, why don't we use this as our intro.
Speaker 1: Shout Chowder Out Loud show? Okay, Chili, would you line up three people, one for each one of you?
Speaker 2: And then I need your ass in here?
Speaker 1: Okay? Can we do all that? He's like big stretch, stretch. That's what I do to my dog, Big stretch. Yeah. I just woke him up.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I was born ready for Okay, I be ready, Okay, Chili.
Speaker 2: I need somebody.
Speaker 1: I need someone on Team Chili, Team Tessa, Team Alex.
Speaker 2: And you have won this game.
Speaker 1: Before, I believe, so I want to make sure that listeners know that I think I.
Speaker 7: Won like the first two games after that, it's been.
Speaker 1: You came out like a pistol and then just went away a gun. All right, well he's you were also frequently good at Closest to the.
Speaker 2: Pin, which which we should play again soon.
Speaker 1: All right, call now who best represents you and who is going to get you those pit tickets to five Finger Death Punch seven rod Ryan showy ninety four the buzz damn it?
Speaker 2: Could you put a shorter song in there?
Speaker 1: We're not ready. Good morning everybody, rod Ryan's show on this Tattooesday. Just play the theme song again. No, I'm not playing that dumb intro again. Good morning. Rod Ryan showed Tattooesday. You know this. Yesterday I said, hey, if you guys want to have a game suggestion, something that we haven't played it a long time on the air, you know, send that in to me and then maybe we can play it so it always looks good on paper. Yeah, the shout it out Loud game we've got like work parts for it, We've got intros, we got all kinds of things. And then when it comes time to when it comes time to actually play the game, I start getting sick. Okay, I like, I start. I want to throw up right now. Okay, that's how I feel. Throw up. Have some fun.
Speaker 2: Tell everybody what we're giving away.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's it's for pit tickets to see five figure Death Punch, and we're gonna put you in a grand prize drawing to possibly win a guitar signed by the band.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess we should go and meet Chili.
Speaker 2: Did you line up some people?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 7: I did, sir.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 7: I am doing wonderful?
Speaker 2: Excited about tomorrow?
Speaker 7: Super exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm excited to Chilli's gonna be out tomorrow with Martanos.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of people, uh sliding in my d MS trying to get some whole side of info.
Speaker 1: Get out of my man's d MS. Okay, with miss Christina, scratch your eyeballs out? Hey, justin, good morning, How are you doing. I'm doing well? Justin How are you today? I'm doing pretty good? Who is going to play the Shouted out Loud Game? For you.
Speaker 5: I take.
Speaker 1: Really, we told you he wanted. He won a couple of games early on, and then he just kind of pieced out, are you back? He's back? Okay, dude, Kevin is next up? Hi Kevin? Good morning Kevin?
Speaker 2: Who's playing for you today?
Speaker 4: Me and Kevay Dog?
Speaker 1: I think everybody has won this game at some point? Yeah, maybe not Alex. Alex has won this.
Speaker 7: Yes, I worry about you.
Speaker 1: Are literally all very worried. My man bo Switzer Bow good morning, Lauren. You should be a football coach, coaita of the whole line, switch of the game. Bows.
Speaker 9: You got Alex? We got Alex?
Speaker 1: All right, dude? Has he won?
Speaker 13: You won?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously he.
Speaker 1: Just yells out snakes all the time.
Speaker 9: Remember it?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: You got something for me here?
Speaker 9: Alex? Shout shouting out? If you don't. If you don't, you can shut up. Shout it out. Make sure you shout it out because of the game.
Speaker 1: Thank you shout. Okay, let's get our game faces on. Yeah did you just hear that? You shout out an answer? I am the judge, jury and executioner. I will not tolerate any lip in my court, all right. I will not tolerate it. I don't want to hear any assassin. You all right, I'm an assassin. I do not want to hear any bitching on this show today. I'm in way too good a mood. I'm going to give you a sentence and then I'm going to be looking for something either to start or maybe end with a letter.
Speaker 2: You don't know me.
Speaker 1: You don't know me. You don't know me. So when I give you the letter, then I am going to wait for you guys to shout out the answer. The person that shouts out the first answer that is the most correct answer, not snakes.
Speaker 4: Where it applies.
Speaker 2: Let's start the game.
Speaker 1: Okay, you all know how to play practice round. No, No, Tessa's playing for Kevin, Alex is playing for bow, Chili's playing for Justin.
Speaker 7: I play for Keeps.
Speaker 2: Question number one.
Speaker 1: Name me a soup that starts with the letter see cabbage, cabbage soup. I will allow that cleanup wish bro my favorite good band name, Yeah, soup, cleavage soup.
Speaker 4: Add that to the band that I'm not going to I'm doing something right now.
Speaker 2: My first thought was clamtrotter, mm hmm kowder.
Speaker 1: Oh right, here we go. What is something you do after a long day. Oh you don't want to Starting with the letter R.
Speaker 4: Is that a tie?
Speaker 2: I'm want to go with a tie that somebody got.
Speaker 1: What did you say?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 4: I thought you are? I thought you I said run.
Speaker 1: Alex said, play with his rats. Rat my rats, my rats. I love my rats.
Speaker 4: Don't shows over, got to get to the rats.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go. You may have one of these in your nightstand. Starting with the letter G.
Speaker 4: Gun Jesus shut up.
Speaker 3: Wow, guys, No, and I told you a good coffee can change your life.
Speaker 1: It's tested two the boys.
Speaker 7: Monday is about to be ruling in this thirty You were right.
Speaker 2: Rod, Sorry, Chili, I want you involved in this game.
Speaker 1: Chili a word to describe Chili, starting with the letter S sexy.
Speaker 2: Mean, Oh my god, if you wouldn't have got that right.
Speaker 1: He only knows himself.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna say snakes, snakes.
Speaker 2: Here we go?
Speaker 4: All right, all right, swing.
Speaker 1: Please tell me Chili has one TESTA has to TESTA needs one more to win. Alex, who claims to have won this game before, has none. A wood shop tool. Oh yeah, starting with the letter drill.
Speaker 4: All right, that's that sass. You asked for.
Speaker 1: Alex is on the board. Alex has one, Chili has one, Tessa has two. She still just went away. Give her a shot out the correct answer. Please tell me a kind of meat.
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, starting with the letter p pork, Yeah, some meat.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, I am trouser pork, pork, preshudo, pepperoni.
Speaker 9: Ah.
Speaker 1: My thought was pepperoni port come I need the p would be funny, though.
Speaker 7: I was thinking of that little hippo.
Speaker 1: Okay, Chili has two, Tessa has two, Alex has one.
Speaker 2: Hippo. What a game he's helping me.
Speaker 1: It's a girl. Tell me a bad habit, starting with the letter V vaping is over.
Speaker 4: Baking, terrible habit. Give it up, God, dame, stressful.
Speaker 9: Let go, oh boy, shout it out. Make sure you the game.
Speaker 1: Shout and Kevin is the big winner. What are you giving them?
Speaker 3: Kevin gets the pit tickets to five your death punch. I'll also put you in that grand prize drawing.
Speaker 11: Good luck.
Speaker 4: I hope you win the guitar. Kevin, great choice.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 1: There's four. I'm blown away by this. There are four people that are gonna win this week. Because the show is Thursday night. So each day we give away a pair of pit passes and then those four names and only those four names go in the drawing for that guitar. Dude, twenty chance of winning an autographed guitar from a five finger.
Speaker 11: Awesome.
Speaker 1: I don't know if these guys understand, like, that's what you were playing for today, Guys, I was playing for pride and only that.
Speaker 4: I'm that's Kevin.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you won. Thank you all right, dude, I'll see you at the show on Thursday night.
Speaker 10: Good Job, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five Buzz Green Day, It's the Rod Ryan Show. It is Tattooesday. We're not done with pit tickets yet. I got pit passes to go see Glass Animals on Saturday night, and then we'll leave you.
Speaker 2: With a Wall Nation tickets.
Speaker 1: We announced that show yesterday, April First House the Blues. We have tickets before they go on sale. So a lot of special things this week on the show. I mean nothing bigger than that five finger death punch and getting qualified for that autograph guitar that we just gave away to Kevin. I believe on the.
Speaker 2: Shout It Out game. I like that game. I'm gonna play it more like it.
Speaker 1: But I don't think you guys like it.
Speaker 4: I do not like it.
Speaker 1: Do not like it. Do you think it's Do you think it's mid or is it? Is it an upper tier game? I think it's an upper tier game that does not get played enough.
Speaker 4: I think I think you played enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it's a fun game. I think it's funny in the car is also playing all. I think it's fun having everybody in the studio.
Speaker 4: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 2: So I don't think we play that game enough.
Speaker 1: That's just me.
Speaker 2: But then I don't think we played the Chris Isaac game enough.
Speaker 1: That is just you. Yeah, yeah, I mean, you know, the best.
Speaker 2: Game we got easily easily.
Speaker 1: It's the only one of it's kind, too. We invented it. It's the only game like that in the history of radio.
Speaker 2: Probably for a reason.
Speaker 1: Ten percent chance of rain. Nothing about that partly Claudi's Guys highs up around ninety five one final time.
Speaker 2: Here Houston's headlines please well.
Speaker 3: At large part. Pipeline fire continues to burn in the area where Laporte meets Deer Park. It's been burning since around ten am yesterday. Investigators say it was all sparked by a car that crashed into an above ground pipeline valve off spens Or Highway.
Speaker 1: That's where I've been telling you that those closures are road closures.
Speaker 4: In that area are happening.
Speaker 3: The County Judge Lena Hildalgo says, once the fire is out, first responders will try to reignite the site to burn off any remaining product. They've got to let that natural gas caught in between the two valves that they shut off. They're twenty miles apart, so all the gas in the lines has to burn before the fire can be completely depleted. And yeah, so as of midnight, more than three hundred Center Point customers in the area were without power. We saw homes being destroyed, basically just melting. Really really serious evacuations over there.
Speaker 1: I can't even I can't even imagine the gas bill. I've left my heater on in my pool for a weekend on accident, and I felt like Joe Exotic, I will never ever financially recover from this. Gas is expensive. Really, then the heater of the pool, it'll kill you. It'll knock you out, It'll take away London's college fund. I keep it on for a weekend.
Speaker 3: I try to put myself in that scenari right, because there are neighbors and it's like mondays are already so rough, and then you come home it's like, hey, your whole neighborhood is shut down, dude.
Speaker 2: And you're home is railed earlier. Yes, take it to his house.
Speaker 1: Terrible, terrible. Okay.
Speaker 4: So that's the big story here locally.
Speaker 3: And I mean I saw it on they were playing on Good Morning Maeric, all these national shows and we see everything. Amazon is changing its tune on remote work. They are requiring corporate staff to work in the office full time starting in January. Currently Amazon requires at least three in office days per week. The online retailer has faced pushbacks from employees in previous attempts to get back into the office full time. There was a walkout last year at Seattle headquarters. There will be exceptions, just like there was before the pandemic. This is according to one of the Amazon representatives. They say, you know, sick, taking care of a sick child. Various other emergencies are being on the road to see customers. That's when you can be out of the office. But they are really really going to try to go back to that old model where you have to be in office five days per week.
Speaker 1: Oh, Alex just perks up on that story. He loves it. I hate it, he goes everybody, My favorite drink in the office sucks.
Speaker 4: In a new poll, more than half of American coffee drinkers say a good cup of coffee is so powerful that it can turn one of their worst days around. And that is saying something. Many people have coffee first thing in the morning. Well, the only bad things that have happened you so far, like the alarm clock, maybe your notifications on your phone.
Speaker 3: On the flip side, thirty one percent of Americans who enjoy coffee say their entire day can be ruined if that coffee isn't right. Maybe that's why less people are willing to leave the importance up to Starbucks or some coworker in the breakroom.
Speaker 1: Seventy percent of coffee drinkers prefer.
Speaker 3: Making their own at home, while just twelve percent prefer going to a coffee shop. Oh and one in five people claim having fresh coffee is better than sex.
Speaker 1: So for every single word you just used is what kept me away from drinking coffee. Why. I don't want to rely on something, right, I don't want to rely on something, y'all.
Speaker 4: Perk up.
Speaker 7: I just I don't want.
Speaker 1: To get into a situation where if God forbids, something happens and oh my god, we're on a coffee I can't function. Shut up. Yes you can, Okay, you can live your life without coffee. Yeah, but do you want to now? But that's why I stayed away for as long as I did. I never wanted to rely on something in the morning. I mean years ago, when I first started mornings, I knew, like you knew the guys in you know, they were successful in these different cities and stuff. There were so many morning shows even before me. They were doing blow in the morning and everything else. Oh my god, like it was it's it was cheating, it was. I looked at it as cheating. And I also looked at coffee and caffeine and getting all amped up on that. I looked at it as cheating. Yeah, like taking trucker speed in the morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was cheating. So I didn't want to do it.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be I wanted to make sure that I didn't have to rely on anything.
Speaker 4: Right, just your good old self made hormones.
Speaker 1: I knew four guys that did mornings that were on that that did coke.
Speaker 2: That dude lines in the morning.
Speaker 4: That is okay, that's out.
Speaker 1: Of control to do. The show.
Speaker 4: Is coffee the gateway drug to that note.
Speaker 1: Not friends of mine, but people that it was well documented, that's what they did.
Speaker 3: I don't always get a cup just the way I like it. Obviously we're in we're here early. But one of my favorite things on vacation is to have like a slow morning, make a full pot of really yummy coffee, or go go find a local coffee shop. That is one of my favorite things to do when I have time off. It is so delightful.
Speaker 1: Sitting around just basking in a cup of coffee, right just enjoying the moments.
Speaker 4: Heading forbids. We're in the moments.
Speaker 1: Gotta be something I can do right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you want to like go power wash the whole house you're staying at.
Speaker 1: Please with a cup of coffee?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Can I do two things at the same time. I don't want to just sit there and drink coffee it's at least of time.
Speaker 3: You could just put coffee in one of those backpacks that the runners, and then you would have a straw while you do the power washing.
Speaker 2: You can do something else while you drink coffee. Don't have to just sit there and jo you.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk up. Let's talk about some YouTubers.
Speaker 3: Logan, Paul, Mister Beasts and KSI are teaming up for a new product called Lunchy, and they are going after lunchables, not going after them, but they say, hey, this is a market, this is something that the grab and go lunch market has been dominated by lunchables. We've done since we were kids, and they said it's time to provide a better option for looking for a convenient, healthier choice. So they're gonna Lunchly will include one of mister Beast's Feastibles bars and then one of Logan and KSI's prime drinks, and then it'll offer three options, the Turkey staffams, the pizza, and Fiesta nachos. So there you go, lunchables, a market that's been dominated is now being invaded by some YouTubers. Mark Hoppus is branching out the bass player and vocalist for Blink one eighty two. Announced yesterday that he has written a book called Fahrenheit one eighty two. It's set to release on April eighth. You can pre order it, and he posted a really funny video on Instagram.
Speaker 4: He's like, look, it's gonna have punk rock, it's gonna have nineties.
Speaker 3: But you know what, at no extra cost, you'll get some anxiety and depressions and band breakups in there. He says, you will even get some cancer because he's going to tell his story about how he was diagnosed with mphoma. So that's your Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Tessa said she wants to read this.
Speaker 1: What about you? Would you read it?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. Who's going to buy it?
Speaker 9: Me or you?
Speaker 4: I'll buy it, okay? And then you give it tone oh charese these give it to y'all, sell it to you, let me borrow it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I charge you a rental every day?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then, oh my gosh, never mind. What's going on in sports? As shows fell to.
Speaker 5: The padres last night three to one, they played the padres again this evening. Hunter Brown is going to be on the mount for this show is going up against San Diego's Michael King first pitches at eight forty and you can hear that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. On Monday Night Football, the Falcons came back to beat the Eagles twenty two to twenty one. Kirk Cousins led the team down the field with less than two minutes to go and through a game winning touchdown pass to Drake London for the win.
Speaker 4: On the sports blog page today, you can go see all the.
Speaker 5: Highlights from Monday Night Football, and then you can also go see maybe the most brutal.
Speaker 4: UFC injuries I've seen for a long time.
Speaker 5: From Yeah, Irene Oldonna suffered them on a Saturday at UFC three oh six. What happened in Vegas? Just had to get staples all across her forehead and face.
Speaker 1: I saw the picture. I saw a picture of early pretty narly.
Speaker 5: And then you can also see the trailer for the Aaron Hernandez story that's going to air tonight on FX The American Sports Story. And then Wrexham Soccer fans that's Rob mclahaney and Ryan Reynolds soccer team then played Birmingham City that is owned by Tom Brady and their fans were just chirping Tom Brady the whole time. So you'll you'll get a kick out of that. You'll like them just booing Tom Brady. So check out all that stuff sports blog page today and.
Speaker 1: Boot him every time he'd opened up his dumb mouth this Sunday analyzing his game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shut up, Tom, I knew that.
Speaker 1: I need you to tell me that.
Speaker 6: Alternative and Home at the rod Ryan Morning Show, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: For five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Creed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it was awesome.
Speaker 1: I got it, Okay, I didn't go. I heard the show was amazing on Saturday. I'm still getting emails and pictures from that great Triple Bill lineup on Saturday Night Radio. Wizard's six Picks was all about that as well. He did get killed by Chili six Picks yesterday. I mean, Wizard was backstage with bands and people wanted to see what Chili copy and pasted off of Instagram. He wasn't playing dominoes, though fifty percent of his pictures came from an outside source.
Speaker 4: It's not she knows that you were going for the.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: Chili called himself sexy last hour on the show.
Speaker 1: A lak go back and listen a pretty good round of the Shouted out Loud game. It's got me thinking we need to play that a little bit more often. A couple of people back in my play on that too.
Speaker 2: I like that game.
Speaker 1: Nothing over a temper sent chance of rating part of the Klobe's guys highs of around ninety five. Listen, you know when I say when I bring up something on TikTok, I'm usually like rolling my eyes and like, oh boy, you know, geez, what now? What stupid thing on there? Now? There's a couple of things that are on there that are pretty decent. This mom really came up with something that I thought was really really clever. It's kind of specific to having a bunch of little kids around the same age as mine. London doesn't really have a grasp. I mean, she knows that fifteen is bigger than five, but for some reason, it's not translating to time. I'm like, we got to go in five minutes, okay, and she kind of knows like, okay, that's gonna be pretty soon, but when it comes to like fifteen minutes and twenty minutes, she's really not like understanding, like like I got it. I'm working with her on that, okay, because you know, if I tell her she's got twenty minutes, she is starting something brand new.
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, wait, that's a lifetime.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like, oh, twenty minutes. I've only been a live twenty minutes, you know, Like she like, no, no, you do not. What are you doing? What do you say?
Speaker 4: Can we start to paint my number?
Speaker 8: Road?
Speaker 1: Pulling this?
Speaker 2: She's pulling all paints and everything.
Speaker 1: I'm like, we're leaving. What are you doing? You gotta smock on?
Speaker 7: Like did you not hear me?
Speaker 2: We're leaving soon?
Speaker 1: So yeah, you said twenty minutes, right, Yeah, like I could paint a masterpiece, right. I could be set up, painted and cleaned up, and we got time to go dad.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: So this mom, what she did she bought like this cheap clock on Amazon, and what she did is she grabs some colored markers and she made the clock look like a pie chart so they could visually see how long they have to get ready. So what she does is each color shows how much they have time. So between seven and seven o five that's wake up, and that's kind of like in red. Then the breakfast is from seven to seven twenty and the kids carry on the clock and they look at it and they know how much time they have to do the different tasks. So it's like, hey, because the kid doesn't get it. A bus in five the buses here in five minutes, Like.
Speaker 4: Whether you're ready or not, the bus will be here, the buses.
Speaker 2: Here in five minutes.
Speaker 1: And my kids standing there in their panties, like, come on, what is not translating here five minutes? Please? It's just not it's just not sinking in. It's like, what I'll make it? No, you won't like that. That's five minutes. You're in your panties and rainboots. It's not working for me right now. Okay, I've seen that out there. You have seen the panties.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you just walking around panties and rain boots, Like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: What are we doing today? I'm ready? All right, there's a need.
Speaker 2: There is a link up, all right.
Speaker 1: There is a link up for this on the world Famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: And I will just say that I always encourage all of you to look at all the links and spend a little time with them. On the world Famous Rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: You got that link up chilling links and guests, right, Yeah, he's got the thumbs up, big Stretch. I just woke them up. Stretch where you are, Rod, I put your dumb links up already. Let's give away some tickets. These are great tickets.
Speaker 3: They really are pit tickets to see glass animals.
Speaker 4: This is the tour of Earth Show.
Speaker 1: It's the Saturday at Woodlands. All right, I'll take call her ten right now. As you are going to check out all these links, I need you to do two things at once now, okay, seven one three two, win two five nine four five Ringy Dingy Houston.
Speaker 11: And The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 14: Did we.
Speaker 2: Did you do a ticket solicit?
Speaker 1: Did you ask to call for tickets glass animals?
Speaker 9: You did?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 1: Pit tickets, pit tickets right, yeah, Good morning rod Ryan Show, Good morning. Hi. Who's this.
Speaker 9: Love, Carlos?
Speaker 1: Did you hear on this radio station that we were telling people to call in for something right now? Yes, but at the moment only, Yeah, not on the radio.
Speaker 2: You're you're on the radio right now.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Carlos.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Carlos, good morning.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 4: So you heard us tell people to call in, yes, and then you did what?
Speaker 1: Well, well he did call in. But is there any idea you know why you're calling us right now? I'm just there's there's nobody calling, there's one call. Well you are, do you? But I think, well, do you know why you're calling you? Do you know what you're calling for?
Speaker 11: For a concert on first Saturday to be in the.
Speaker 1: Yes, this guy gets it, Chili. Did did we do something wrong? Carlos is the only guy calling right now for these tickets?
Speaker 2: Something's up with the phones.
Speaker 7: I have no idea. There's been out were like the whole week. The phones have been acting up the whole week.
Speaker 1: I want to know if it was us, if we said something, because sometimes I think I gave something away and then we didn't say something. I'll skip it or something. Carlos, you are in the pit for glass Animals on Saturday night, my man, who I've been trying to call for a while. Thank you, Carlos.
Speaker 2: You're the only one.
Speaker 1: You're the only one call it right now. Yeah, that must be my lucky day.
Speaker 4: It is your lucky I was saying be color Tim, be colored Tim, be colored Tims.
Speaker 1: But you want your collar ten brood.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Carlos, you saved the show today.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Like look at all these Johnny come latelies. Good morning, good morning?
Speaker 1: Who is this?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 1: See, I don't even know hello, okay, I mean every phone line is ringing now, Good morning, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Laura, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 8: Oh no, I'm soared if.
Speaker 6: We're all just called in for free tickets randomly.
Speaker 1: Mule at it? Yeah, dude, why didn't you call it ten minutes ago when I asked to call Carlos? Did? Okay, Well you are not Carlos because Carlos is in the pit and.
Speaker 2: You are not. Have a great day, sir, Okay, all right, enjoy your donuts. Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: This is why Chili talks to these callers because they don't know to turned down the Yeah you got turned down your radio and all that.
Speaker 2: Good morning. What's your name?
Speaker 1: I'm here, what you tell me your name? No? Good morning? Hi, good morning?
Speaker 13: Hi?
Speaker 9: Who is this?
Speaker 4: This is Alex BFF from Fortnite?
Speaker 2: Okay, why are you calling now?
Speaker 1: And you didn't call earlier when I said to call for pit tickets to glass animals. I haven't hit my thirty days yet to wait anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, well that makes sense, Thank you. Lets you're good.
Speaker 4: Yeah is cam Hi?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: White Chili talks to these flaws? Good morning, Good morning show. It's really weird. Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Hey Rod, how you guys doing doing great? Who's this? You don't work it? In my voice, I'm heart broken? Other John, John, John, Why didn't you call earlier?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 5: And then I realized I would never go to rang and I hang out.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, I'm never gonna go through your content on Saturday night.
Speaker 1: So my gosh, this guy wins so many things that he never does anything.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Other John. Okay, I don't know what happened there.
Speaker 1: Carlos. I looked over at the phones. There was one line ringing, and it was my man, Carlos.
Speaker 9: The man.
Speaker 1: We're gonna give.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you that we're gonna give away tickets to a wall nation.
Speaker 1: I know the show. There's another segment coming up that I'm gonna have you call in to win some tickets. Even if there's just one of you, We'll give you the tickets, right, online, Kid's Alix Online ninety five the US. Every line's ringing right now. Yeah, all Alex's little video game buddies are calling right just one, just one, All of them are calling right now.
Speaker 2: I'll have that many Everyone is calling.
Speaker 1: What are you doing? All four lines or two.
Speaker 5: Is called missing cast Member, and you're gonna be shown a photo from pretty iconic films like The Godfather, Star Wars, other movies like that, and you're going to have to see which cast member has been taken out of the photoshka. The first one spoiler, it's Marlon Brando from The God Bought It. So then you're gonna be like, okay, cool, found out Marlon Brando is missing, and then you go to the next one.
Speaker 4: You don't get to move on until you've gotten the first one. Oh, very good, So go check it out.
Speaker 5: Missing cast Member at the World Finished Ride rin showpage at the buzz dot Com.
Speaker 2: Missing listeners, Good morning, Who is this?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 1: Let's dude, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good?
Speaker 1: What are you calling about? Oh? I'll call them to try to get the Glass Animal tickets.
Speaker 8: I was trying to participate, but I kept getting busy signals and didn't get to win.
Speaker 2: You're lying. Every line was opening, except Carlos is a problems to h I'm not lying.
Speaker 12: I got stuck on the endless ring tone for a second, but anytime I get stuck on the rangage always gets disconnected.
Speaker 1: Every line was available. Carlos is the only one that took up a line. Nobody calls only Carlos loves us.
Speaker 11: The right right show celebrating twenty years ninety four or five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Sorry, not sorry. Best song on the radio right now, Yes it is. I'll Fight, I'm ready to fight. I'm ready to fight.
Speaker 2: It's the best song on the radio right now.
Speaker 1: There are some killer there are some killer shine down songs going on right now. There's some great all sorts of new music that's out right now that I'm really really liking. Some of the stuff on the overnight that I'm like begging Wizard play all day. That's the best song on the radio right now. I absolutely love it. I love it more. I was already on board when we first when we did the world premiere, I was on board with it, and I really liked it. And I'm talking to a few other people, a few other people that are saying, you know what, the more they hear it, the more they like it. I absolutely love it.
Speaker 2: I think it's an absolute banger banger.
Speaker 1: Did you see the pictures of that gall that went to go see him in New York last night with her Homeroom shirt?
Speaker 2: She was wearing a Rod Ryan Show Homeroom T shirt.
Speaker 1: She was holding the beer Lincoln Park. Lincoln Park's her favorite band. How much does she like this band? Put Up or Shut Up? She got the tickets to go see them in New York City? Okay, they got one. They did one show in LA and one in New York City, and then I guess Jimmy Fallon must still be in New York huh. So that's why Mike Shanoda is going to be on the couch tonight. He's gonna talk to Jimmy and then they're gonna play and those shows they still play live, so you'll get a chance to see that we haven't talked about late night television and then forever on this show, Lincoln Park on Jimmy Fallon, Kimmel's got smashing Pumpkins on tonight. I don't know if Big Baldy couches it or is it just the musical guest? Probably just the musical guests. He's not listed. So when you look at the listing for Jimmy Fallon his guests tonight, Colin Ferrell, Lily Collins, Mike Shanoda and then Lincoln Park is the musical guest, Jimmy Kimmel has George Clooney, Caitlyn Olsen and the Smashing Pumpkins. Doesn't say anything about him being on the couch. Yeah, guess yeah, okay, maybe he's just gonna tell you what a genius he is.
Speaker 2: He really does talk in those terms.
Speaker 1: He's like, listen, there was Kurt Cobain in me, and after Kurt was gone, there was nobody that challenged me. That's how he taught. Billy Corgan talked. He like, I'm almost quoting him. I'm almost quoting him for bad to He goes, yeah, there was just Kurt and me. That was it. Like there was no other songwriters back then. It was just youtubo writing great band and that was it. Nobody else, he said, after Kurt died, there was no competition, Like, I know.
Speaker 3: God, but also if you believe that rock up God King, that's all good.
Speaker 1: Sure, it's all good, whatever you say. There's a Colts tight end player that is wearing the Guardian cap in game.
Speaker 2: In the game.
Speaker 5: Now, there's a couple of guys. I haven't seen it as a Steelers lineman.
Speaker 4: It's where I am.
Speaker 5: Then, yeah, the Colts guy definitely is. And then I think there's a Seahawks player that's also wearing it this weekend.
Speaker 2: I just saw it, so he must have. I mean, we're only two games in.
Speaker 1: Colts tight end Kylin Granson he decided to wear the protective Guardian cap over his helmet for extra head protection this season.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then he put out an Instagram video kind of talking why he did it. He said, listen, anything I do to mitigate any sort of brain injury or long term health effects that would be detrimental to me takes precedent.
Speaker 2: So he's just thinking of his future.
Speaker 1: So if you don't know the Guardian cap, you see everybody, I think it's kind of mandatory a practice. Yeah, okay, so it's an it's an extra like a exoscale padding that goes on top of the pady on top of your helmet. He goes as someone who wants to have kids, someday. I want them to also know that Dad isn't just telling you to be safe, He's also safe when he played he.
Speaker 2: Is there a handful of guys wearing these?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I don't know if there's double digits yet, but I've seen three or four so far.
Speaker 1: They say studies have found that Guardian caps reduced concussion rates by a significant margin. Okay, speaking of Aaron Hernandez, I don't know if he got hit in the head too many times.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going on, but it's a tragedy for sure.
Speaker 1: Tonight, American Sports Story, nine o'clock our time on FX. I say this because it's like it's a lot. It's ten episodes, so that's a lot, huh. It's a ten episode limited series about the rise and fall of NFL star Aaron Hernandez, who took his own life after being convicted of murder. Josh Riviera will play Hernandez, and get this, Patrick Schwarzenegger makes an appearance in it as Tim Tebow. He's the kid. He's the illegitimate child of Arnold.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: No, he's not the nannies.
Speaker 1: That's not that one. Google that real quick, don't. I don't know if that's Patrick Schwarzenegger or not. I know you're talking about who looks just like the nanny and he's a bodybuilder.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is like, this is another son. This, I don't know if it's him or not.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna record this?
Speaker 4: No, this is a different I thought I thought it was another This is Shreiver.
Speaker 1: This is uh Maria Schriver's kid. Yeah, I'm gonna set I'm gonna set it to record. I think ten episodes is a lot.
Speaker 3: Also talking about brain, it was donated by his family to Boston University, and it showed they studied it extensively and it showed.
Speaker 1: Severe c CTE. Yeah, you know, you can't talk about this without bringing up and I'm sorry not it's not very like tight and bright. But you know when Junior say, I killed himself and you don't see this that often took a pistol, put it in his chest. That's not how people off themselves because he his head wasn't right, yes, and he wanted that preserved, so he didn't want that damage at all. He's like, please figure out why I'm like this. Oh my god, So not again, going hand in hand with the guy that said I don't want this.
Speaker 2: I don't want to I want.
Speaker 1: To play pro football and I want to take every precaution possible.
Speaker 3: Right, you want the game, but you're not going to risk your health later in life. And also if you have kids, you tell your kid, hey, you your old man wore it.
Speaker 1: I you're gonna wear it two kid back in the day like a hero of mine growing up. And I know that there's a local connection there. Eric Dickerson, he said, give me every pad you have. Yeah, I mean Eric Dickerson, he had everything okay then, but then you look at a guy like Earl Campbell, who wanted the complete minimal he wanted. He wanted to be able to move. He didn't wear enough, you know, he wore stuff that was probably too small. They didn't even make thigh pads big enough for him at the time. You know, they never even seen legs like Campbell's. But Eric Dickerson was smart. He's like, I want everything. I want every single pad you have. All right, I'm gonna I'm gonna set that to record tonight too. That's just that's a lot ten episodes of that, but should be good. The makers of this have also made what you know, this.
Speaker 4: Amerricane crime story.
Speaker 5: They did the Oj Simpson story, the Giovanni Versacchi story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do a good job.
Speaker 4: The Bill Clinton want too, they do a good job.
Speaker 1: Monica Lewins, who plays Dave role in the Dave Grohl story, I don't think about it. That same guy they use for everything, the same guy that they used for Tommy Lee is not is now playing Donald Trump in some apprentice. Yeah, it's the same.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine the guy that looked like Tommy Lee. They also asked him to play Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Hollywood makeup man. Amazing what you can do with a wig, you know. And this guy could probably pull off Dave Growl if they.
Speaker 9: Make a movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can see that. Foo Fighters ninety four fond of Buzz. All right ninety four fond of the Buzz. Good Morning, Ron Ryan's show on this Tat Tuesday, mid nineties. We're back into the heat, low chances of rain, part of the cloudy skies Today. Got another celebrity headlining the Crazy Criminal blog page. I know you had mentioned this earlier. There's a couple of publications that are running with this story. It seems to be fueled by the article that came out in Life and Style magazine. I mean Canadian superstar Morgan Wallen, if you need a refresher he I guess I have to say allegedly because I wasn't there, But he threw a chair off a rooftop bar in downtown Nashville, sixty feet up, almost landed on a couple of nearby police officers. And that's what did it. I mean, listen, anybody that's gonna be sixty feet below a chair, you know you're gonna be You're.
Speaker 2: Gonna be hurting.
Speaker 1: But the cops were right there, like, uh uh, we're not letting a celebrity off on this one. Because the police were there, and the police were the ones that almost got hit.
Speaker 2: They said that they felony and misdemeanor chargers.
Speaker 1: Felony, you're not going overseas your tour, you're touring Elvis style, you're not leaving the States for a while. Did Jelly Roll just got something where he can go overseas? He's got a felony, right, and they just worked on something with him. He lawyered up and got something dropped from an old in an old case. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So.
Speaker 2: Again, it's hard to tell how trustworthy the source is.
Speaker 1: But the words they're using is Morgan Wollan is preparing to go to jail for thirty to sixty days based on that chair throwing incident. Best case scenario is thirty to sixty days. Sentence. Wow, what's he gonna do if the fell and he's word of stick? It could cause havoc on his future tour schedule without being able to travel internationally. Wow, you could read.
Speaker 2: All about that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's rock and roll, baby, it's rock and roll. It is rock and roll.
Speaker 4: That's what the opposite of rock and roll.
Speaker 1: But that's what rock stars used to do. But that's not George Strait was never doing this. No, but that's what you know. Zeppelin, you know, was like, I'm respecting women the who I mean they threw the TVs out the window in rock.
Speaker 4: Morgan's not rock, do you?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's just kind of keeping some kind of a rebel spirit alive.
Speaker 4: Does anyone play Rocket like it's just not a jerk? Or is that just like do I think that a jerk?
Speaker 10: Sure?
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, is there anyone just who wants to do the music I would.
Speaker 1: Love to report on a story of Dan from the Imagine Dragons throwing a TV out the window of a hotel.
Speaker 4: That would that would make my day, That would make my day dangerous.
Speaker 1: You're too self aware. We've got to move on from this. Inside his room, do yoga? Not like this because you're go to a rage room. Aren't there rooms for this?
Speaker 2: It's got a little sound bowl.
Speaker 4: There you go, that would make my day.
Speaker 1: Trash the room, guys, twenty one pass I've ever trashed the hotel room.
Speaker 4: Never get aligned, never get aligned with spirit.
Speaker 9: Spirit.
Speaker 2: But like can said, can you send him some more hummus? What are you giving away?
Speaker 3: I know the show Green Juice and a pair of tickets to see A Wall Nation. They're playing House of Blues April first. Tickets to go on sale Friday at ten am.
Speaker 1: All right, Tessa's gonna have a question for you on the flip of this break rock and alternative very used to The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzzy four and five, The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: Let's go man, Amen, Amen, Tump.
Speaker 1: Another show, A Wall Nation April first, House Some Blues go and sail this Friday, win them before you can buy them.
Speaker 2: What's your question?
Speaker 4: What did an eight year old girl do that we talked about in headlines?
Speaker 1: She says they're going to become a super horrible person or an amazing person.
Speaker 2: There's no one between here.
Speaker 3: She's gonna be like the CEO of a company or she's in prison by eighteen.
Speaker 1: There's no middle ground with her. There's nothing in the middle. She is not mid at all. Seven one, three, five, Hey Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz and iHeartRadio Getting ninety four point five The bus Station from iHeart Radio. The Rod Rullian Show on ninety four five, The Buzz by ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, brod Ryan's Show. All Right, let's wrap this sucker up here, let's go.
Speaker 1: He's now time for Know this show on ninety four five The Buzz. La La La la la, la, la la la la.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Hello was this This is Zoe, Zoe, Welcome to the show. How are you today?
Speaker 4: I'm doing great?
Speaker 1: How are you awesome?
Speaker 7: Awesome?
Speaker 1: Because I'm getting ready to go, but we got one last thing to give away, but you have to answer Tessa's question, So good luck, Zoe, Tessa, take it away, Zoe.
Speaker 3: We talked about eight year old little girl and her activities over this last week.
Speaker 1: Did what did she do?
Speaker 11: She drove twelve miles to get a proppuccino.
Speaker 1: Is awesome, That's exactly what she did. Now, so she become president of the United States of America or a lifetime locked up criminal? Hard we see our griusy hood news. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just don't think there's in between with this chick.
Speaker 1: I know she's eight, but man, either something great or horrible's gonna happen to her.
Speaker 2: Zoe, you're the winner. What are you giving her?
Speaker 1: I hope?
Speaker 6: Great?
Speaker 4: Okay, As Zoe, you get a parent. You can see a wall Nation.
Speaker 3: At their house and Blues Show on April first and Idulation.
Speaker 1: Thank you for knowing this show.
Speaker 16: Also, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you Zoe.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being a part of the show today. You're great, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 14: All Right, So we had on for me? Oh chili, Yeah, big stretch, big stratch, big stratch, Hi Chili?
Speaker 7: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Brother? Did uh? Did we have something on Links and Guest today?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 9: We did.
Speaker 7: We had a hidden link yes, for a rod Ryan twentieth anniversary ticket?
Speaker 2: What link? What link?
Speaker 1: Out of all of them? Was there a chance to win tickets.
Speaker 18: On that one?
Speaker 9: You got me?
Speaker 1: I forgot which one it was, but I believe it was the clock hack. Yeah, the clockhack. The mom on TikTok who like drew on the clock to get her kids to learn the times.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you went to that link today and I told you how important it is to go to all the links today.
Speaker 11: Yes, you did.
Speaker 1: At the bottom of that link, it said, hey, I really appreciate you guys checking these links out. Thank you very much to show my appreciation. Why don't you in the in the subject line send an email to Chile or you probably changed it to the Rod Ryan Show address.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it's like I'm taking it off right now because everybody's going to start emailing h Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it said email and put send me to the show Suka in the subject line, Yes, sir, did you how many people did it?
Speaker 2: I'm afraid to ask.
Speaker 7: Forty four people did all the way to it?
Speaker 9: Really?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, because I didn't say it on the show. I just said, go check out all the links. Who's the winner?
Speaker 7: Sony Simms?
Speaker 1: All right, Sony Simms Yeah, went to Links and Guests today and just tripped on a Easter egg. So me and Taylor Swift, we love them. We love Easter eggs. Same love it, love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got to go check out Links and Guests every day.
Speaker 1: Okay. Another five day gamer bites the dust. Two time Hall of Famer Kevin lost to two time Hall of Famer Double O seven, So we need more people to play Fresh out of Bed Head to Head. We play every morning at around six twenty uh tat Tuesday was the number one link today. Shout it out loud.
Speaker 5: Game.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I think that's a fun game. Man, TikTok clock have the secret link. You're right, okay, wild Card Wednesday Tomorrow. I don't know we'll play another game because Chili's gonna be out, so I like to focus on I like to put the spotlight like the spotlight dance on Chili fun. Chili is going to announce tomorrow at seven on five his new location where he's going to be giving out tickets, and we're gonna send him with another fifty pair of tickets. That's sope.
Speaker 3: But can I just say if you're not in the area where Chili is you can spare us the on all the.
Speaker 1: Way over here emails. We know a big spot? Do you know that did? Can you think whatever you just did it was going to stop people from emailing that back at work?
Speaker 4: Okay, watch him on the stream because it's a great show.
Speaker 1: Can you do it at six oh five? I start work at seven oh five. Fair us, Chilie yourself. Chili's location will be revealed at seven oh five tomorrow. He's going to have fifty pair of tickets to hand out, and I said, we're gonna have to We're gonna have to chopper him in for real, all right. So that's happening tomorrow. Jeremy's got the NonStop nooner pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. Everyone's taking the rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party tickets. I did want to give a shout out to Kyle Welch Rod I won my tickets from Teresa yesterday by doing an impression of you. I'm so glad I don't have to stress out trying to win tickets anymore. I don't know if Teresa's doing this all week. I want to hear those I caught the promo of her doing her her karaoke, her talkback karaoke and using that feature on the iHeart app A lot of times she'll have people singing.
Speaker 2: In the five o'clock hour, she had people imitating me.
Speaker 1: I want to hear those.
Speaker 4: I think she still has those.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I would. I would love to get my hands on a few of those to play. So maybe I'll shoot her an emails if she's got some audio to share with us, that would be fun. So yeah, this is somebody one tickets yesterday acting like a fool on the radio, me being that fool, Rod Ryan Show Golf tournament. We need more sponsors. Email me Rod at the buzz dot com or go to the link on links and guests. Testa's on Houston Life at one o'clock. That's it, guys, We're on a twenty hour break man. I'm an awesome tat Tuesday AMF Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.