Speaker 1: This might be one of the best marketing ideas I've seen in a long long time, and that is Sydney's Bathwater Bliss by Doctor Squatch. It's a men's soap brand, and what they did is shot a commercial with Sydney's Sweeney. And if you don't know who she is, guys, go ahead and look her up.
Speaker 2: You're alichelikee uh yeah, make sure it's safe for work. Yeah, even though it's appropriate, it feels and.
Speaker 3: It feels dirty, yeah, just looking at her.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They took the water from the bath that she was taking in the commercial for Doctor Squatch and now are selling bars of soap with a drop of that bath water in it for eight bucks a bar.
Speaker 2: Genius. Yeah, so gross, it is gross. I mean it's I mean it's but it's genius marketing. It's a male targeted bar of soap.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, but think about what some dudes are willing to pay for. That's not just a drop of dirty bathroom water in it, you know what I mean? Like, guys buy nasty things, So this.
Speaker 4: Bar of soap, what do they buy it?
Speaker 5: Don't like used underwear, sandy gross stuff like used.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gently used. It was an old lady she only worn on the weekends.
Speaker 3: Pictures of gross like a chently used car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, imagine if they described selling women's underpants like they do a used car, that'd be pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Low mileage, by the way, owned by a little old lady. Yeahect coating.
Speaker 1: One hundred lucky winners will be chosen to own their own brick made with Sydney Sweeney's very own bathwater. It's a giveaway that they're doing. I might as well enter.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 3: You can also buy it for eight bucks.
Speaker 5: It's like a limited time that you can go online and buying for eight bugs. It might be while supplies last kind of thing.
Speaker 2: But well, if you have been listening to the show for a while once. I think it was when she hosted SNL that saying you discovered her, yes, Yeph, you know, or she came on your radar, Yeah, and it's I think that was similar for me. I didn't know who she was prior to that. I hadn't seen what she's in. I don't even know what she does for a living. I guess she's an actress. I don't know she is. But even when I was watching that SNL, I was like a little uncomfortable. It's kind of getting that same feeling I got as a boy watching Charlie's Angels.
Speaker 3: She made me feel funny.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: I immediately found her on Instagram and editor into my God's Little Miracles category.
Speaker 4: Your category, yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, and Instagram you can like when you save a reel, you can save it and then you can create your own category. You say, you, I don't know, you're into accounting reels whatever.
Speaker 4: You could set up.
Speaker 1: In accounting one and with all your accounting with your Excel tricks and stuff. But I have one set up that's called God's Little Miracles.
Speaker 2: Now, which is funny. And actually this came up the other night at the hockey game. Tricia, Yeah, and he's like, oh yeah, I've got a whole category. And I'm like, what do you mean? And I didn't know. I knew you could save stuff on Instagram. I didn't know you could categorize them.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he's got a hole bolder.
Speaker 2: Why know, God's Little Miracles, which is hysterical that like you're his wife and he's so open about.
Speaker 3: His he sends them to me periodically.
Speaker 5: I'll get a text and thinking it's just a hey, we got this to do, and I'll open it up and it's a God's Little Miracle text.
Speaker 3: Did he show any of them to you?
Speaker 2: Why does he share? Why do you share them with her?
Speaker 5: He's trying to get the launch, the launch sequence activating.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: He's stern the waters, chumming the water, seeing if there's any in.
Speaker 3: Did you Did he show any of them to you? JB.
Speaker 4: No, he just showed me.
Speaker 2: I just was curious how he did the categories. I didn't look at any of them.
Speaker 3: But did you ask to see any of them?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Okay, well one, I I know what's in that. I know what's on Instagram. I mean, I know that a bunch of a bunch of chicks old and young, with millions of followers because they show a lot of skin. That's what that whole platform has become. I know what's on I've seen them.
Speaker 3: I just don't like.
Speaker 5: Really, that blows my mind because if say I have my own little God's Little Miracles category, If my girls and I are sitting around and I say I have this, explain to him what it is, there is no possibility that I am getting up and leaving without them saying, let me see what you have right now? Like the curiosity as to what I've pinned and to what it is, there's.
Speaker 2: No I wasn't curious. Well, two things. I wasn't curious about it at all because I've probably seen it all. The second part is we are on the second row at a hockey game, right, surrounded by families.
Speaker 3: And then you got small children hime in.
Speaker 2: Together flipping through twenty year old's photos. Probe.
Speaker 3: I got it, I got it.
Speaker 4: I'm not good.
Speaker 1: I just showed in the category real quick and then closed my phone.
Speaker 2: I didn't know a nice tip that you can do it saved Instagram categories. I need to go in and sort some stuff.
Speaker 4: That's pretty handy. You can go back to go back.
Speaker 1: You end up saving a whole bunch and then never going back and looking at them.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, right, exactly right?
Speaker 3: Why do you have the hidden locked folder on your iPhone too? Right?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all your dirty pictures in there and lock it up.
Speaker 1: By the way, I did a quick search on Instagram to see maybe if at God's Little Miracles was available for a handle, maybe I could just start a new page and just put all God's little Miracles on there. Unfortunately it has already been taken and it's on there. It's someone has it and it's their bio description says, God's.
Speaker 4: Little miracle is on the flowers and stuff.
Speaker 1: He's on a mission to share stories of miracles from above.
Speaker 2: That's a whole different category.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see it through a different lens, very very very different lens.
Speaker 4: So anyway, Sydney Sweeney.
Speaker 2: Send them, send them some of theirs. Is your suggestions.
Speaker 4: Here's one. I found one. Hey, I found one, and it's.
Speaker 3: Underneath that.
Speaker 1: I just start tagging them on all this stuff. Another one stick around. More coming up on austin'sdaties station. What three point one? All right, if the weather heats up, everyone's looking for something to do in the summertime. That's get you a little bit out of the heat. We've got some recommendations for you, by the way, for just joining us, grab the podcast version of the show. Search you and Sandy on the iHeartRadio app. This is this has been going on for a while. It's the you can go out to Valente Beach water Park and watch the movie Jaws while you're floating in the water, and.
Speaker 2: You know it's funny. No one would have done that in the late seventies.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: People didn't want to get in the water period. That movie scared people so much.
Speaker 5: I know some people who've gone and they know that someone's going to swim underneath them and grab them while they're floating and watching the movie, and they still say it's incredibly terrifying.
Speaker 1: They've teamed up with the Alamo Draft House and they're celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of Jaws. It's been fifty years since it's came out. The screening dates are this weekend, the seventh, the twenty first, and July twenty sixth. And by the way, tomorrow night, I am going to be at the Round Rock Amphitheater. There's Jamie Johnson is playing a show at the Round Rock amphithe Theater and I am going to to be there with twenty five Jaws Prize packs to give away. We're giving away tickets to the end the VIP pass to the movie at at Falente Beach water Park. This is from the Texas Lotto, by the way, and so I'm going to be out there. If you're going to the show, come over. We've got a lot of stuff to give away, and again that is Thursday at the Jamie Johnson show at the Round Rock Amphitheater. If you've got your tickets, come up and say hi, and who knows, you could win some good stuff. Twenty five We got twenty five Jaws price packs to give away, four pack of VIP movie passes, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 4: So if you got your tickets.
Speaker 2: Are all their movies always bad things happening in the ocean or lakes right Friday the thirteenth, Oh yeah, Titanic yap.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't think of that point.
Speaker 1: Jaws did scare the crap out of people though, Oh yeah, just the music alone, right, some other stuff that's going on around Austin, if you want to get out.
Speaker 2: I think there's a sorry there. I think there was a real story behind that. What's the famous guy that Williams that did draws John Williams When he presented that, they were like what these two notes?
Speaker 3: Steven Spielberg he thought it was like a joke.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, and and didn't get it. And look at what it's still today. That's those two notes anyway, Yeah, incredible. I think it was a cool story. I love reading the origins of music stories.
Speaker 3: If you like the story.
Speaker 5: There's a John Williams documentary about all of the shows that he did the scores for, and that story with Spielberg is in it, so you should watch it.
Speaker 4: Jamie, you know.
Speaker 1: Who also did a lot of movie scores. It was one of the guys from Oingo Boingo. Really yeah, I mean we were just talking. I just read this article about him. Of course he did all the Oingo Boingo stuff, but then went on to come to score dozens and dozens of movies that you're very, very familiar with, so clearly that was more profitable for him than sticking with Oingo Boingo back in the day.
Speaker 4: Other stuff.
Speaker 1: The Paramount Summer Film Series is going on this summer as well. You can also this is kind of I first saw this and I'm like, really, why would you want to just walk around the Capitol. But I guess it's kind of cool. The Austin American Statesman recommends it just go for a walk around the Capitol grounds, and I still think it's crazy that you can just walk into the Capitol.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think it exciting for people like Trician. I grew up here. That was a field trip every year when you have a little kids.
Speaker 5: Oh hata, and I lived there because my mom worked there for ten years.
Speaker 3: I'm so over the Capitol. Yeah, but they.
Speaker 5: Have a ton of squirrels. I don't know if they encourage it or not, but I did nothing but feed the squirrels. I mean, the trees there are so old and beautiful. It's gorgeous grounds. I mean, it's if people like stuff like that. The capital is definitely a great place to go to walk around.
Speaker 1: I may get in trouble for saying this, but I'm gonna say it anyway. I had a meeting right next door to the governor's mansion, right, and it was on the seventh floor of a downtown office building. The guy that I met with, who has his office in there, We're in the conference room and I was looking out the window. I go, Wow, this is an amazing view. And he's got a patio out out of the conference room there you can step out. And I go, this is an amazing view. He goes, yeah, it's also the most insecure governor's mansion in the world. Oh, And I was like, oh my god, you're.
Speaker 2: Y It's like right, there off Levaca.
Speaker 1: Tenth and is it Levaca or I can't remember, I think it right, But you're literally in this office building on a balcony looking down into the governor's mansion's backyard.
Speaker 2: And you remember it was that that mansion was shut down for at least a couple of years because someone like through a handmade bomb at.
Speaker 4: The door, and.
Speaker 2: It was it was the governor couldn't live there for a couple of years while they did some The major.
Speaker 4: Was that during Bush or Perry.
Speaker 2: I don't remember sharing Perry was right when Perry got into.
Speaker 4: Office, right, but it's crazy to think.
Speaker 1: I mean, and by the way, the governor has a very nice swimming pool and yellow labs. Ah wow, I saw them just romping around in the backyard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it shouldn't be that accessible. No, No, it just seems wrong. Did you not.
Speaker 3: See DPS officers?
Speaker 5: I mean, I feel like they would just be stationed all around the property.
Speaker 1: They had them at the front gates, you know what I mean. They were there at the front gate security. You definitely see them there. But I'm just saying it's you wouldn't have to have Nolan Ryan's arm to throw something into the backyard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that people don't do that.
Speaker 1: Not trying to give anybody any ideas, I'm just saying it was. I was amazed at the lack of security above the Governor's mansion. So, uh well, I hope I don't get a visit from Secret Service. I really really probably shouldn't have. I'm just trying to do some good. I'm just pointing out a weakness that you guys have overlooked.
Speaker 4: I am pointing out a flaw in the security of the government.
Speaker 2: The hackers to design better cybersecurity ain't.
Speaker 1: Right exactly, JB. I know you're like, in fact, your wife and your mother in law recently went down to Houston to check out some museums. But the Austin American Statesman recommends checking out some of the museums in Austin. The Blaton Museum of Art, the Contemporary Art, Jones Center, the Mexican Art Museum, the Umlaf Sculpture Garden, a lot of stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Umlauf just I don't know if they still have it. They did a big Fara fawcet. Oh cool, she studied under Umlauf.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: The University of Texas Art and Sculpture.
Speaker 3: Not know that.
Speaker 5: So, like you're walking through Umlaf gardens and then there's the post of Phara Fawcet in the red bikini.
Speaker 4: Yeah there.
Speaker 2: Remember we saw that a statue that Umlauf did theron statue of Faara and naked.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sandy and I just practically wanted to jump on the thing, start humping the stat just the idea that it was fair of fy.
Speaker 4: Wasn't that on display at a hotel Ella?
Speaker 2: They had it on loan? Yeah, I had a bunch of Umlauf stuff on.
Speaker 4: Loan, Jamie, my real artsy guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what's a good You know, something we really take for granted here in Austin and no one goes to is the LBJ Presidential Library.
Speaker 4: We have a presidential library in the city and I've never been been once.
Speaker 2: And I'm a you know, I'm a fan of LBJ that all the civil rights.
Speaker 4: But you know, I like the way you ordered pants.
Speaker 2: I brought that story up to a woman who runs that foundation. We just did not want to hear it. Yeah, that's the pants story story recording.
Speaker 1: It's famous recording of President Johnson ordering some pants from a tailor, and just the way that.
Speaker 2: He goes to Hagar Slack Company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all made some slacks for me four or five years ago. I need him long and the long and the growing and the double zippa, And and he goes and make a jacket o that same material.
Speaker 4: I mean, it sounds like a fine horn leghorn.
Speaker 2: When he's order, he said, could you make these pockets a couple of inches deeper? And when I when I sit down at night, my knife and my money.
Speaker 4: For knife and my money clip right.
Speaker 2: And if and if you could add a little bit down in the crotch, you know, sometimes it's it's like riding a wildfan. He's so funny, so funny. And then he goes and he goes, and he goes, if you could put a you know, maybe a little extra engine there that I could take in or out. I tend. I tend to fluctuate ten or twenty pounds a month.
Speaker 1: But then the thing that was amazing is that he wanted a jacket made out of the exact same thing that the shirt.
Speaker 4: The shirt.
Speaker 2: He wanted a suit, and he said to make the shirt out of the same material. And then and it was it was one of the like the bosses, like one of the big bosses at Hagar Slack Company, which is a much bigger deal back then. And he said, miss President, where would you like to send like is to send these pants? And he goes White House.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, Sarah sent him to the Linehouse. Just hysterical. I wish we had that clip handy, but I think we did a good job of explaining it. And if there was just a place you could search and find the world would be a whole lot easier get out and enjoy some stuff in Austin. But that LBG Library is impressive, and it's just one of those things in my mind. I don't know if you guys think this. It's like where am I going to park?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How far am I gonna have to walk to get in?
Speaker 2: It has parking up on the top along Red River.
Speaker 5: If you just just go with the right, there actually is a huge parking lot, like on the other side of the building from thirty five.
Speaker 3: Parking is not really the issue.
Speaker 5: It's just to getting through the downtown and getting over there to it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: One of the busiest they've times they've ever had at that museum when it was when that tiny white House was on tour. Oh yeah remember that. Yeah, it was a miniature white House replica.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: People were lined up around the building. Yeah, see a miniature white House.
Speaker 3: We went to DC in November, no December.
Speaker 5: We went up there for the Army Navy game and we got a private tour of the Capitol and they had a miniature version of the Capitol made out of gingerbread that I would have stood in line to see it too. And Sandy was like, why are you stopping. I was like, I don't know, but I have to see this and it was amazing.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much to Congressman John Carter's office. He's our congressman and his one of his aides helped us out and took us on a tour of the Capitol, which is really cool. I mean it was, it was very cool. You know what, why not? That's what I've gotten to that point, JBM life and some favors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 1: It doesn't hurt to ask, right, Yeah, and you know what, I'll vote for John Carter?
Speaker 4: Is that easy? That's all it took. That's all it took, because a tour of the white of.
Speaker 2: The don't care where he stands.
Speaker 4: I got me a private tour at the Capitol. I'm voting for it.
Speaker 3: I saw that miniature gingerbread house.
Speaker 1: It's just the way that it works, right, So we the only time we went to the library was for your friends, for your friend's investiture when he became a federal judge.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my friend Claire, when her dad became a federal judge. That's where his investiture was. It was very cool. But I've I've been to the LBG library probably three times on field trips, school field trips.
Speaker 3: It was very Forrest.
Speaker 5: Gump, like, we're gonna go back to the 'LBJ library, hugging hug.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you guys though, ever feel I always feel like when I'm on campus anywhere at UT and I guess technically that's not on campus, is it is.
Speaker 2: Just at the top of the hill.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anytime I'm I just feel like someone's gonna jump out and go, you don't belong here, you don't get still here.
Speaker 4: Don't you feel that way?
Speaker 1: I just that's how I feel, like someone's gonna check my alumni ID or something, you know. I just I can't be on the forty acres if I didn't go to school there.
Speaker 4: It's just how I feel.
Speaker 5: I'm always amazed that I don't get in a car accident or hit a pedestrian when I get out of the the UT campus area because it is just teeming with people in cars.
Speaker 1: And people on the walking around the drag just looking at their phones. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no one's paying attention.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you something that's going to become a trend. Okay, this is happening in other parts of the world, and then in England right now, it's crazy. Do not walk down the street without holding your phone with one hand because.
Speaker 4: People are going to snatch it. Yep.
Speaker 1: They're driving up on electric bikes that are silent pretty much and they're snatching them out of your hand and they're gone. That is going to be a deal in the United States this summer, trust me.
Speaker 2: And it's logged in, yes, so they can quickly change your passwords to jack your phone.
Speaker 4: Yep. So just be cautious.
Speaker 1: When you were in Colombia, wasn't that one of the things they told you is do not look at your phone in public.
Speaker 5: Oh, they said, do not have your phone out where anybody can see it. You had to have it in your purse, which was only a cross body bag, or you had to have it in your pocket.
Speaker 3: If it was visible, you were probably going to get targeted.
Speaker 5: Of course, it depended on what part of Colombia, Bogata we were in, but right, yeah.
Speaker 2: My daughter was just traveling and I said to her before she left, I was like, I said, if anyone is talking to you for no reason and you know, maybe asking for directions, just engaging with you, I said, hold on to your stuff. If you have a backpack, flip it around to the front. I said, because that person's engaging you while their friend is pickpocketing. I said, if it just seems weird, it probably is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: That's that's how I used to feel when really hot girls would come up and talked about stick around war Coming up, it's Austin's eighties station one O three point one.