Speaker 1: One thing about this gene is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family.
Speaker 3: Let's not play one on Tom.
Speaker 4: Let's lend it.
Speaker 5: I love writing me these guys after the show.
Speaker 1: So just thank you, give me all.
Speaker 6: Your attention, your fire, and not a piss. This is world champion, Dodger, world championing for a small soft time.
Speaker 7: They get up people what they want to die too in a row two is special. I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache as one of a con. This ball's gone. You ready to go?
Speaker 3: Hell time?
Speaker 6: Go to the sound grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven. I'll go to the show and now your host of Dodger Talk, David Vasse.
Speaker 7: Welcome to Dodger Talk.
Speaker 8: David Vassey with you live from Dodger Stadium. After the Mets take Game one of this four game series by a final score of four to three in ten innings, six nine eight seven, two five seventy is the phone number. As you can imagine, we have just two lines open tonight. After the Dodgers who came back Tanner Scott gave back in the tenth inning, and the Dodgers come up a run short tonight, four to three in ten innings. And before we get to Tanner Scott, and you will hear from Tanner Scott, he did speak to the media and sports net LA will bring that to us. But before we get there, I just wanted to mention that the Dodgers' offense is the best in baseball. Nineteen come from behind victories. They came back against a guy that is one of, if not the best closer in the National League this year, Ryan Hellesley of the Cardinals, Edwin ds Diz has been absolutely dominant. He was thirteen for thirteen and save opportunities this year coming in tonight, And I know Steve Gelbs of s and why pointed this out in the ninth inning that coming into that ninth inning, hitters were just one for their last thirty four against Edwin Diaz before the Dodgers were able to get something going there with Tommy Edmond starting it off. So you got to give kudos to this Dodger offense coming from behind, even in the ninth inning, to get a run off a guy that has been so stingy and stubborn in the ninth inning of games this year. But I will say this earlier in the game. I thought the inning the Dodgers had the golden opportunity to take the lead and not give it back was the sixth inning against another one of their really good relievers, Huascar Brasobaan. He did not have command of his fastball. His circle change was really good, but he did not have command of his fastball, and he got himself in trouble walking a couple of batters there, and it was bases loaded with two outs, and the Dodgers had the bobblehead man at the plate. Last year's NLCSMVP Tommy Edman, right guy, right time, right moment.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, tom Y Edman.
Speaker 8: Struck out at two pitches that were completely outside of the strike zone, just trying to do too much from the left side of the plate, and I thought that was the golden opportunity for the Dodgers to be able to score some runs against the Mets bullpen and hand things over. I also want to give some shine to Jack Dryer, who came in and pitched a scoreless seventh and then came back and pitched the scoreless eighth against the top of the Mets lineup, and I understand what Dave Roberts is saying. Tanner Scott is one of the highest paid relievers in baseball. The Dodgers gave him a seventy plus million dollar contract for four years. The response ability of high leverage, late inning situations shouldn't have to fall on Ben Casparrius and Jack Dryer, but it may have to, because as you heard Dave Roberts talk about, he's going to go with the matchups, and rightfully still at this point in time, until the Dodgers can get Tanner Scott back on track, and it's been a struggle for him, especially lately in his last seven appearances. As Bill Plunkett astutely pointed out, hitters are hitting over four hundred against Tanner Scott. He has blown three saves in his last seven appearances, two of them have become losses. He's given up twelve runs in his past seven appearances. So the fastball velosity, you can't just look at that. There's other factors to determine what's going on with the pitcher. And like I mentioned last week, I feel like he's still casting that slider, meaning that he's he's not finishing the pitches. He's not gripping and ripping, and I'm not sure what's going on with Tanner Scott. I'm not sure the Dodgers know what's going on with Tanner Scott except for the fact that we can all see it. He's throwing pitches down the middle. We all can see that. All right, let's head downstairs right now to here from Tanner's Scott, who's standing at his locker on sports in at LA.
Speaker 9: Missed locations, especially down on the zone.
Speaker 7: To the hitters.
Speaker 9: They can that I'm supposed to be in different spots and I'm just not hitting my location. It's costing us.
Speaker 10: Do you think that's something maybe mechanically in your studs or something, then I guess maybe coaches are seeing at this point.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I mean it's definitely probably mechanics and it's tapping too much, and it's frustrating, especially when we battle back and didn't go my way.
Speaker 3: How do you get out of something like this this stretch?
Speaker 9: We keep working, keep working, Uh, look at everything, talk to Mark on Arbardo and figure it out. So the stocks.
Speaker 11: Maybe you lose with your fastball and how it's playing right now, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 9: Getting hit a lot. So it's it's it sucks right now. And last year I relied on it a lot, and this year it's just in getting hit and I'm missing locations.
Speaker 2: Is the quality of the pitch where you need it to be though, and it's just a missed location.
Speaker 9: I mean, if it's in the right spot, it usually doesn't get hit. Then if I miss the location, usually gets hit.
Speaker 8: And he missed the location a couple of times in that ten thinning, and the Mets made him pay for it. Francisco Alvarez and Francisco Lindor made him pay for it in that tenth thinning. Francisco Alvarez made him pay for it with the first go ahead double and then Lindor with the insurance run. So hitters go through slumps. Closers certainly go through slumps. You just hope that they're minimized because when closers go through slumps, you lose games. Eight six, six, seven, two, five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to David in Woodland Hills. You're on Dodger Talk live from Dodger Stadium. Hi David, Hi, how.
Speaker 5: Are you David?
Speaker 12: I you know I wasn't gonna call. But I just think it was so dumb to put Scott in there on the tant I heard all the explanations, but if you're gonna why why run a test on the tant inning. If we had just gotten through the tat Indian, I think.
Speaker 13: We could have won it.
Speaker 12: We had the momentum, and.
Speaker 14: If we're gonna lose it, let's lose it in the eleven me put Scott in eleven?
Speaker 7: I mean, probably were the right move.
Speaker 8: It's the right move. You got your closer in there, your high leverage reliever. You're in a tight game at home, and look the Dodger bullpen. There's not many options. And that's what's compounding the fact that this is a really bad time for Tanner Scott to not be on his game because the Dodgers are missing a lot of high leverage relievers. They're probably getting Michael Kopek back tomorrow. But okay, so who would you rather have had in the tenth inning? Would you have rather Dave Roberts gone with with Ryan Lotus or would you rather have him gone to maybe Will Klein?
Speaker 7: Have you heard of them before? Who did you want him to go to?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 12: I just think he knew.
Speaker 7: No, you can't. You can't do that. You have to tell you. I want to know who you want to go to.
Speaker 8: Instead of Tanner Scott, either one of those?
Speaker 7: Really have you ever heard of them before?
Speaker 2: All right, David, got you have it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying there's not too many options, and that's why, that's why this is the worst possible time for Tanner Scott to be going through this. But the Dodgers are going to have to figure it out with him and he's not going anywhere. Thanks a lot for the phone call. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Beverly Wood. Luca, you're on Dodger Talk with David Vassey.
Speaker 4: Hi, Luca, I David.
Speaker 15: I was at the game tonight and like the last caller, my heart sort of sunk when I watched Tanner Scott run out from that bullpen. You know, I thought he was a great signing.
Speaker 2: I was really excited.
Speaker 15: Obviously, we're paying a lot of money for him, and so my question to you is is there anything you're seeing, you know off the field that you know gets your attention or either think might think might be a little out of the ordinary when it comes to why he struggled thus far this season. Obviously, you know, we heard him speak and it sounds like his confidence has certainly rattled. But is there anything that you're seeing off the field that you think might be contributing to all this?
Speaker 8: Well, Number one, Luca, I mean Tanner Scott is kind of a guy that, similar to Evan Phillips, he kind of was a late bloomer. He started to get on track with the Orioles towards the end. He really became somebody last year with the Marlins and with the Padres, and then gets a big contract and he's pitching with the team that has the most attention and has the most expectations of any team in baseball. I'm sure that's a part of all this. And he's got to block all that out. Uh, you got to block out nobody is flashing up your contract on the big screen. Uh, you just got to block all that out and be able to focus batter to batter and forget about everything else. Maybe he's feeling the enormity of that, and that's something that you've got to block out, especially if you're a closer.
Speaker 15: And do you think this affects how Andrew Friedman chooses signing big giving big contracts to relievers in the future, considering we've had a lot of you know, smaller name guys have a lot of success, and as soon as we pay one big time, you know, it doesn't work out.
Speaker 7: So well, yeah, he's not usually a guy that does that.
Speaker 8: He kept his own a few years back, and ken Lee Jansen gave him a big contract, signed Tanner Scott for big money. Here, I don't know, what do you consider big money? Because Blake Trenon's making a lot. I would say Kirby Yates is making a lot. What do you consider big money, Luca? Relatively speaking?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know. I that's a good question.
Speaker 15: Maybe the twenty million dollar range.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, we.
Speaker 8: Say like it's all relative the Dodgers the way I think at this point, I know what you're saying. Andrew Friedman is one of, if not the best general managers or president of baseball operations of constructing. But he's the first guy to say that it's the most volatile part of any team, and relievers are the most volatile UH position on a team. So look, we're seeing that right now with Tanner Scott. I mean Edwin Diaz, right, he had a hiccup tonight. He's been the best closer or one of and the Dodgers got to him. So it happens, but it's happening too often recently with Tanner Scott. And look, he's here for you know, the rest of this year. The Dodgers are not giving up on him. You just hope that he comes out of this sooner rather than later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you. I appreciate the time.
Speaker 8: Have a good night you too, Luca, and I will give Tanner Scott a lot of kudos for standing up in front of his locker. He was available last Wednesday, but obviously tonight everybody was looking for him and he was there. Let's go out to Polo and San Diego. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 14: How you doing, pollow Hi, David, I really apologize for the long absence someone on your talk show. I've been doing with some personal issue with you know, with my daughter and I that would lives were threatened.
Speaker 7: So it was but it's wow, I'm glad you're calling back.
Speaker 14: No, we're fine, We're fine. Everything is good, you know, but listen, you know it's you know, we had the you know, the to see Austin bas and Chris Tero, you know, two of the most you know, beloved Dodgers. Is the is Michael Conforto the next one to go?
Speaker 2: I mean it's and.
Speaker 14: Then speaking of you know you're talking about, I was listened to the you know, to the previous called a Tennis Cup. You know, you know that the Dodgers, you know, the boss or that talks and the Dodger that the most blown saves like twelves.
Speaker 7: I'm aware of that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, tonight was not a blown save, but yeah, they have the most blown saves in baseball this year.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but I mean something's got to give. I mean, it's it's you know, it's it's just something that that you know, I fear for Tanna because you know, the guy was unhearable, you know last year with you know, with the with the padres.
Speaker 16: And to sign out.
Speaker 8: We're well aware that's why they signed him to that big contract. But he hasn't looked like that guy for whatever reason. Hey, Paulo, be safe out there and we'll talk to you soon. Yeah, Michael Conforto, he's not this player. Three home runs, nine RB I he hasn't driven in or hasn't gotten a hit with runners in scoring position since March. He's two for thirty four this year with runners in scoring position. That's the reason why Dave Roberts automatically had to pinch hit for him in that tenth inning, because with the runner at first base, the game might have been over without Will Smith even coming to the plate if he didn't use him in that spot. So yeah, I mean, everybody likes Michael Confordo. Nobody seems to have an answer, but there are going to be situations like that until he gets it going where he is going to be pinch hit for. But I was surprised that he was in the batter's box and then called back to the dugout. I mean, there was no secret what was going to happen. Mendoza was going to bring in budo when Dave Roberts brought will Smith in, So that was unusual. But I guess that's the chess match manager's play. Let's go out to Chino, Gilbert. You're on Dodger Talk with David Vasse. I got a full board of calls. It feels like a Wednesday afternoon drive day. How you doing Gilbert.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm doing fine, David. How how about you? Man? Thank you for having me on.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 8: I feel like I'm a little less emotional than i was last Wednesday. I feel like I've been able to regroup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, David, I know, when the dust settled, will be all right. But I mean, it's just some some fits that we got to fix, like Tanner Scott. But my biggest thing is a Comforto. I don't I really don't think the guy's all fit to the team, and I think we got to do a change. I mean, we've been critical of games outman, but the guy Comforto, we're paying him double trip for the money and it's probably worst numbers than outmen.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Uh, what do you believe that Conforto's not a fit for this team because he's hitting one seventy or because he was zero for three tonight?
Speaker 7: Which one?
Speaker 3: I mean, I've been patient. I think we've all been patient with them, I know, but we're hitting June already. I mean, and it's one seventy, Like you said, one seventy three home man nine RBIs that's unacceptable? Unacceptable?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's unexpected as well, Gilbert, because that's not the player the Dodgers thought they were getting. They took a one year flyer on him for seventeen eighteen million dollars. And certainly this is not something that the Dodgers or Michael Conforto anticipated, but certainly it's a great question to ask the Dodgers are they going to start taking at bats away from Michael Conforto and going more with a different outfield alignment on certain games, Because you're right, it's not April anymore.
Speaker 7: We are into June. We are Memorial Day.
Speaker 8: Seems to be that that first post where okay, we've had enough of a sample size here. But the one thing that Dodgers don't do is give up on players. They seem to be more patient with a lot of guys that have a track record, and rightfully so. But it's it started to click with Max Munsey in the month May and continue tonight, but it hasn't clicked for Michael Confordo yet. He grounded into his eighth double play of the season in this game as well. Let's go out to Ken in Newport Beach. You're on Dodger Talk Live from Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 5: Hi Ken, Hello, David fun Weekend not fun today. I'm not going to talk about Scott because she never know on pitchers what happens to them. The Dodgers have an.
Speaker 16: Opportunity to win this game in the ninth inning. Dalton Rushing has been up twenty six times and struck out fourteen against the Mets. This year, He's been up seven times, of course, no hits and struck out five times. And have Smith sitting on the bench hitting over three hundred and daves. Let's Dalton go up to hit and of course he strikes out again. And I'm just yelling at the TV and my wife shlan of me. Why wouldn't you pinch hit to win Smith? Then we never would have had a.
Speaker 8: Reason because the reason is and the reason why the Dodgers chose to cut ties with Austin Barnes and call up Dalton Rushing. Part of it was to get Will Smith more rest because, as you know, Ken, the last two years have not been pretty offensively for will Smith. And when you're having Dalton Rushing catch that day, he's catching that day, You're not gonna have Will Smith to come in and with the possibility of him having to put the gear back on. That's completely defeating the purpose. And I will say this, and I think we all should keep this in mind. The Dodgers have perfected the regular season for many reasons, but first and foremost is not over emphasizing a game on June second at the cost or expense of putting a player in position to not be ready to go for the second half of the year when it counts the most. So I know we're all disappointed about this game, and sure you know, in a vacuum that would have been the right move, but that's not what we're dealing with here. The whole purpose of Dalton Rushing being here is to give Will Smith a blow more than once a week. And when you reference Dalton Rushing against Mets pitching, Mets pitching is the best in Baseball Ken best starter era, best staff era. They're one of the best bullpen eras. You can't just say that compared to maybe the Marlins. Now, if you threw that number out, maybe it would carry more weight, But the Mets have shut down a lot better hitters than Dalton Rushing.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, good point. I never thought about Smith's having put the everything back on again, And well, I'll buy that. I was angry at the time, didn't think of it, and I appreciate your helping me.
Speaker 7: Out, all right, Ken, thanks a lot for Colin. Appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Speaking of the Mets pitching, they've done a number on show hey Otani this year, coming into that at bat where he hit it lights out over the Mets bullpen in the seventh inning. He was just two for sixteen against Mets pitching with seven strikeouts before that home run, and then he eventually tied the game with a sacrifice fly. So again, I know, we get so caught up in what the Dodgers did or didn't do, but you gotta give the opponent, especially a team like the Mets, who were in the NLCS last year and got better during the offseason, some credit here. I mean, their pitching is a lot better, or their starting pitching is a lot better than the Dodgers, and right now the back end of their bullpen is better than the Dodgers. So, you know, give the Mets some credit here. They're a really good team and they're actually they're actually two losses better than the Dodgers thirty eight and twenty two. The Dodgers record is thirty six and twenty four, So come on. The Dodgers were not playing the Sisters of Mercy tonight. They were playing one of the best teams in the best league. And I think we can all see tonight there is a great gap between the best teams in the National League compared to the best team in the American League. The Mets are a much much better team than what we saw over the weekend with the Yankees. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers fall to the Mets tonight, four to three in ten innings. Let's go out to El Segundo Graham. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 10: Graham was up, Dave, longtime listener, first time caller. Here, Hey listen. Originally I was gonna call the rip on Tanner Scott, but I think I got enough people doing that. I'm gonna keep it short and sweet. I think Dalton Russians got that dog, you know, and I like.
Speaker 7: That, Yeah, yeah, he does.
Speaker 8: He's he's a guy that has edge, a lot of edge, and I like that about him. And I don't think it's a coincidence. That he's catching a lot of the Dustin May starts. They seem to have a pretty good pitcher catcher relationship.
Speaker 10: Yeah, synergy's really good. I love this Dodgers team. I really like what we're doing this year. Listen, We're gonna drop a couple games to some really good teams, but I love what we're doing. I love what Dave Roberts is doing with this ball club. And we're gonna go for the Big three PT. We're gonna win this year, and let's get it done.
Speaker 8: Okay, Graham, thanks a lot for the phone call. Three Pete, Huh, we're not even We're not even at the back to back part of this. Let's go out to Daniel, who is at Dodgers Stadium tonight. Hey, Daniel, I'm gonna ask you a question before you get into baseball. I saw that the Dodgers are selling this milkshake, Canole milkshake with the New York teams in town.
Speaker 7: Did you try it?
Speaker 3: Man? You know what?
Speaker 1: I sure did it, But I did try the New York Dog. Every time I go to this I always go to the Dueling Dogs, and uh, just try something different before I throw down my traditional Dodger dog. You know what I mean, But I did that.
Speaker 7: New York dog.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm not gonna lie. I mean, it's not the Super Dodger dog. But it wasn't bad. It was tasty, so can't complain it goes down though.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, you gotta wash it down. What he got for us tonight baseball wise, Daniel, it was I think the Dodgers deserve some credit for forcing Edwin Diaz to blow his first.
Speaker 7: Save of the season.
Speaker 1: You don't exactly. First off, I want to say thank you for taking the time. It was an honor speaking to you before the game.
Speaker 8: So uh oh is this my guy from the Sam Bernardino Sheriffs Daniel Garcia.
Speaker 1: Dude, you know what's up?
Speaker 3: Yes, it is all right.
Speaker 8: For everything that you and aj Gilbitterra do. It was great meeting you guys, and thank you for the Sam Bernardino Strong Coin. So we love the law enforcement and appreciate you guys putting your lives on the line every day.
Speaker 1: Daniel Man, Well, it was my honor meeting you and it's our pleasure to serve and thank you for the time. Once again, DV. It's always an honor. But I just wanted to call and say that. You know, I listened to the postgame and Dodger Talk every night, and a lot of people always call and you know, kind of griping about the results or upset about what we're not doing right. But you know, at the end of the day, we're in first place. We had a lot of positives. We fought back, we got Edwin Diaz, we got in the blow us safe for the first time this season. Show. Hey, hit another bomb, you know, just a monster bomb. I mean I loft side of the ball watching it go out of the park. And you know what, we tied the game in forced extras. It didn't go our way, but hey, you know what we got tomorrow. It's a long season, and you know what, we tied the game, and we made it fun and didn't stop yelling in the nine and tenth inning.
Speaker 8: So it was good, all right, Daniel, love it, great enthusiasm, and thank you again for being a big part of the San Bernardino Sheriffs.
Speaker 7: The sarg just called a sergeant. Daniel.
Speaker 8: Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers fall to the Mets tonight in ten innings, four to three. By the way, just to prove my point about how Tanner Scott's fastball is not the same as it was last year. Last year, hitters were only hitting a buck thirty four against Tanner Scott's fastball. This year they're hitting two sixty. That's a huge difference. Eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. All right, we're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk. When we come back, more of your phone calls. We'll try to squeeze some more in. We have a few lines open and we have a lot more on hold. Jose Mota will check in as well. And I did have a chance to catch up with the Mets closer Edwin Diaz before the game about the Dodgers acquiring his brother, Alexis Diaz. You don't want to miss what he had to say about what his brother is feeling being traded from the Reds to the Dodgers. Dodgers fall to Das and the Mets tonight four to three and ten innings on a five to seventy LA.
Speaker 11: Sports on air at AM five seventy, online at AM five seventy LA sports dot com and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 7: This is Dodger Talk with David Bassi.
Speaker 2: Ngers are gun eight and two thirds innings without scoring a run, and.
Speaker 8: Otani changes that as he hammers one deep to.
Speaker 7: Write, this ball way back and that is gone over the pullpen in right field.
Speaker 8: Oh, I want to smash and the Dodgers get on the board.
Speaker 7: It's two to one. Home run number twenty three for Otani. The Major League leader.
Speaker 8: Loved O'tani's reaction after he hit that solo home run a mile away. He was shaking his head and affirmation pumped up after getting the Dodgers on the board in the seventh inning with a home run that was hit one hundred and fourteen miles an hour. Otani had to hit it that hard because I'm not sure if you realize this, but the ball wasn't traveling tonight. There were at least a couple that would have been home runs on a day game or earlier in the game. Andy Pie has hit a ball to the warning track to straight center field, to dead center field, and Mark Viento's hit one in the seventh inning to left field that just completely died. So I guess you needed to hit it one hundred and fourteen miles an hour to get it out tonight at Dodgers Stadium. The Mets beat the Dodgers tonight in ten innings.
Speaker 7: Four to three.
Speaker 8: Daniels Jewelers presents the home run forecast Go to AM five seventy. LA sports dot Com used the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card predicting the number of home runs in the next game. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream. The Dodgers got a solid start from Dustin May tonight. He went six innings, allowed just two earned runs. One of them was a leadoff home run of Francisco Lindor on the second pitch of the game. Lindor finished two for five tonight with two RBISJN Sota was one for four. Freddie Freeman had a couple of hits and a walk, and Otani with that hit and a sacrifice fly drove with that home run and a sacrifice fly drove in two runs tonight. Eight six, six, nine, seven two five seventy is the phone number we will hear what Edwin Diaz had to say about his brother being traded to the Dodgers and a fresh and a fresh team to come to to get his career back on track. Jose Moto will join us in ten minutes as well. But first, let's go back out to the phones. Bruce, who was at Dodgers Stadium tonight? Did you try the Canoli milkshake?
Speaker 7: Bruce?
Speaker 8: Hey, Bruce, you're on Dodger Talk. Hey, we love the top down, the windows down. Appreciate that. Let's go out to Dylan who is at Dodger Stadium. Hopefully your connection's a little better.
Speaker 7: Dylan, how you doing.
Speaker 4: I'm good, Dave. How are you?
Speaker 7: Oh? There we go, There we go. I was zero for to right there.
Speaker 4: You know, I got to say this was one of the more entertaining competitive losses that I've been too live, you know, So it's not disappoint I mean, it's just the point.
Speaker 3: To look at it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, they there's a lot of fight in the team, so this, you know, that was that was something. But you know, again, I I don't want to rag on Conforto. I mean, he's not the one that cost us the game, and you know, for us to have one guy on the team that isn't producing is you know that STEP's an embarrassment of riches, But I'm curious, Uh, is there someone in the farm system, you know, is there any chance of sending him down trading? Is there someone else besides him or outman that plays outfield that uh that you've seen that could often be called up just to fill that spot.
Speaker 7: Nobody that's a difference maker.
Speaker 8: I mean, they were hoping that outman could have got things together where maybe he could be a spot starter or a fourth outfielder, but really the best option is now where you kick out Tommy edmin or Kei y Hernandez to center field and have Paz play left field and Keith Tayoskar and right. I mean, those are the options on days that Confordo is not going to be in the lineup. But I'm not completely against him starting games against right handers, even though you know it's crazy too when it comes to Confordo, he's better against lefties than he is against righty so that makes things even more difficult to try to platoon.
Speaker 7: But I'm all in with him starting games.
Speaker 8: But certainly even in the fifth inning of games, in certain situations, I would not hesitate to pinch it. For him, especially with runners in scoring position.
Speaker 4: Gotcha, you know. And also, I mean, I guess just to kind of follow up on that in a sense that he's got, you know, a pretty decent contract. So I mean, did you think there's any Yeah, I mean he's sung. Kim kind of benefited I think from starting the season in Triple A and kind of getting back into No.
Speaker 8: He's not going He's not going to Triple A at this stage of his career. If he's not on the Dodgers, he's not on the team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gotcha, Thank you, all.
Speaker 7: Right, Dylan, thanks for calling in. Appreciate it. Hey.
Speaker 8: By the way, Dylan, did you try the Canoli milkshake tonight?
Speaker 4: You know, if I knew there was such a thing, I would have found it. I did not hear it. I blamed Petros for not plugging that.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 8: All he does is plug that deli in the South Bay. He never gives us the heads up on things like this.
Speaker 4: That's right, thank You'll look out for it, all right.
Speaker 8: Thanks for the phone call, Dylan. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. Before the game today, I went over to the Mets clubhouse to speak to Edwin Dia.
Speaker 7: His brother is Alexis DS.
Speaker 8: The former All Star from a couple of years ago, saved thirty eight games for the Reds and was sent down very quickly at the beginning of this year. And the Dodgers have him at camel Back Ranch right now and are hoping to get him back on track to return to form. And if they're able to do that, it would be a huge addition to this Dodger bullpen. And look, I know what you're thinking, David, why do you keep bringing up Alexis DS. Why do you keep bringing them up? Well, because it's such a high ceiling type of trade. They gave away a single a player basically at this point in time, nothing in exchange for Alexis DS. That person they traded is a somebody, but it didn't cost them anything in player credit to make this trade to get a guy that was an All Star two years ago. And the Dodgers have been known to help pitchers get their careers back on track. So I asked Edwin Diaz about his brother, if he's spoken to him and what the outlook may be with the Dodgers.
Speaker 17: Yes, he got three. I've been talking to him and he's really happy. He's he really appreciated he got trade to the Doyer, so he's he's really happy.
Speaker 7: Was it close? Did you try to push for him with the Mets?
Speaker 17: If I wish if he got traight to the met ball? You know, he the Doyer picking picking him. He's in a really good organization. Just happy for him, you know, looking forward to seeing the big lion edwin.
Speaker 7: He's a great closer as well.
Speaker 8: What what do you think the Dodgers can help him get back to?
Speaker 7: What does he need to get back to be that all star?
Speaker 17: I think just fix his mechanics. I think he was a little inconsistent this year. I think I think they have the everything to fix him, to help him, and I think if they can't find the problem, it would be fine.
Speaker 8: Do you feel like a change of team scenery is going to help him too?
Speaker 17: Yeah, one hundred percent. You know, when he got three, he was really happy. Called me, I'm going to the lawyer, so I will see you next week or in the playoffs. So he's really happy. I'm happy for him. Just can't wait to see him in the baby and I'm doing his job helping that into winter.
Speaker 8: All right, there's Edwin Diaz talking about his brother Alexis and his reaction to being traded last week from the Reds to the Dodgers. Obviously, the Dodgers need some reinforcements, considering there without Blake Trenin, without Evan Phillips for the entire year.
Speaker 7: Michael Kopeck probably will be here tomorrow.
Speaker 8: He made his ninth rehab appearance yesterday, so he should be here at Dodgers Stadium tomorrow and probably active. They need some help here. So I feel like the Dodgers if they can hit on Alexis Diaz and if Michael Kopek can stay healthy, all of a sudden, the complexion of the Dodger bullpen is looking different. Also, Kirby ates through a bullpen session today. He's on the il with the right handstring strain. So this bullpen on the next homestand may look a lot different and deeper than it does. Tonight eight six, six, nine, seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers fall to the Mets four to three in ten innings. Let's head out and check in with our guy, Jose Moda.
Speaker 11: It's tough to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 7: All right, Jose Moda.
Speaker 8: Obviously Tanner Scott struggles continued tonight, what do you see?
Speaker 7: Are we seeing the same thing over and over again? Jose? What what did we see tonight?
Speaker 2: We're seeing the same things that Tanner Scott himself described very hitable, no confidence. And I'll share something with you is I'm, you know, digging through and finding out what what opposing hitters are saying. And I talked to a hitter last week, a few days ago who says what they're being told now that Tanner Scott is go out there and find a mistake because he will make a mistake, Dave. That defines anything else I could tell you about approach, about counts, about lefties, about scoring position, anything. That is the mentality right now around the league when they face Tanner Scott saying go out there and find a mistake because he will make a mistake, so just don't miss it. That's a simple message to big leag hitters, and you know what they capitalize on that.
Speaker 8: I don't believe that that was probably the Scott and report against Tanner Scott last year, right, Ose.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. It was pretty much go out there and have a two strike approach. Rap from mcgego because he can beat in so many ways. The ball was in good locations, the ball was a little bit lower. I don't see any changes with his arm angle wanning to lock that, but there's no doubt in my mind that you know, this hitter. Also added, we can see the ball out of his send quite nicely right now at ninety seven ninety eight, and that's not going to scare anybody. And that's what we're seeing right now. And you know, I'm glad he stood up and talked to the media sending there again and admit it that it could be something mechanical. But the scariest part is going to start becoming mental, and then you get so many thoughts in your head and opinions and somebody's saying something different. He's gonna go out there and just trust man. And at some point we know right now he's not a high leveraged guy. You know, the salary says one thing, but the results say another thing. And from that standpoint, it's going to be tougher to get better. But at the same time, you know Dave Roberts talking about, you know, the rookie guys and if they're the best option right now. There's no reason why you can't. You can't just put him in there and find out a little bit more about those guys. But the Dodgers need Tanner Scout to be Tanner Scout, the guy they signed. But right now the league does not see that picture, and they're looking for mistakes, and they're not missing mistakes.
Speaker 7: Jose Mota is joining us.
Speaker 8: After the Dodgers fall to the Mets tonight four to three in ten innings. Even before the ninth inning, Jose I felt like the Dodgers' best opportunity to score was in the sixth inning with the basis loaded, two outs. You had mister Bablehead at the at the plate and Tommy Edmond. He came up twice in perfect situations for the stage to be set for him to be the hero and the sixth inning and also even in the tenth inning, but it just seemed like he expanded his zone.
Speaker 2: I'll take that bat in the tenth inning. He hit the ball hall right up Bau and now you know Lindo was kind of shedded that way. He probably would have made that play, at least it would have made a tough play. Yeah, but you know, we can over in our lives and over the losses, and that they all hurt. That I mean, but the fact is the other team played better, and they pitched better, and the Mets have the best pitching staff and in baseball with the era A wise and they come out and they've got the job done today. But you know, the Dodgers offense, we all love it. We know what they average for almost six runs per game, right, But I think there's another year there where you have to find a way to manufacture a little bit more. And Dodgers have been so good men's scoling position, but there are some games days where situations dick take to you that the big swing is not going to get it done. And I'm glad that Dave Roberts played aggressively when Diaz was on the mound and sending a couple of guys to steel basics because he's a one five, one six. What are you going to do with seeing your first base? So that was well done by Dave Roberts, but their situations were middle of the game. I want to see that a little bit more and taking chances and putting pressure on the guys in the mountain, the guys on the defensive side, because slugging is great. But I think when we start manufacturing and just putting more pressure on the opposing team, it becomes more interesting and deeper. As they did play, you know, beyond the Division Series against the mess putting pressure on them, making them feel the ball, and the same thing against the Yankees against so they only hit like two hundred in the World Series, but there's more chances for productive outs when you play a different tough of ball game.
Speaker 8: And they have players to put the ball in play. They have guys that are capable of slugging in the process of putting the ball in play. So yeah, I mean that makes so much sense. Ose when Edwin Diaz is throwing one to five to home plate, I mean, yeah, there's no reason to stand at first base. So I'm the Dodgers, Chris Woodward, Dave Roberts recognizing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's a big part of players also being aware. You know, they're at a point where you don't have to be told. Sometimes even if they say, you know, hold it out there. You get back to Chris Ward, we say, you know what, I think I have something I'm and just get the freedom to go and take chances, be smart about it, take captivated chances. But you know, a moving game is so distraction to the defenses, and then before you know it, you know he becomes distracted, the guy in the mound, he hangs up pitching. Before you know there's a long ago to make you out there and give you a big chushion with a bet. But you know this is tough loss. No matter what you're gonna Son's gonna come up tomorrow. You've got to play a little bit better. Certainly, the Mets have a lot of confidence against the Dodgers, but we need to see just better execution them from certain guys in certain situations.
Speaker 8: Jose, speaking of long balls, you've seen a lot of games here at Dodgers Stadium. How many players could hit the ball where show Hao Tani hit it in the seventh inning.
Speaker 2: To team maybe like it's the stargo one time in the seventy two, seventy three, and then Darryl Strawberry to that side hit some moonshots as they met.
Speaker 4: But that was special.
Speaker 2: Especially now with stafcast, you can measure the ball coming off the bat and show it Tony on a breaking ball, by the way, with outry to manufacture power hits the ball way out there into the moon. That was That was precious.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was incredible. Yeah, Darryl Strawberry didn't hit too many of those with the Dodgers unfortunately.
Speaker 4: That exactly right, that's right, all right, Jose.
Speaker 7: We'll see you out here tomorrow. Thanks a lot for checking in.
Speaker 2: New day tomorrow, My man, let's.
Speaker 8: Go all right there he goes Jose Mota, part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast with You know, Pepe and Ningas and Cochito Cruz are two of the best dressed guys in very different ways in this press box. So Jose's got to try to keep up with those guys because they come in here making a fashion statement each and every day. Thanks a lot to Jose Mota for checking in. By the way, we mentioned that Mookie Betts was available to pinch hit tonight. We did not see him though late in the game. He was out here earlier today taking ground balls at shortstop, and the way he was moving around, there's no reason for him not to be in the starting lineup tomorrow. On Kershaw Day, Clayton Kershaw will be on the mound looking for his first win of the season. He also is getting closer to three thousand career strikeouts. Kershaw is just twenty six strikeouts away from that big milestone mark. Not too many pitchers in the future are gonna have that opportunity to get to three thousand strikeouts. He's going up against Tyler McGill, who is four and four with an ELRA of three point fifty two Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck begins at six o'clock tomorrow with first pitch at seven ten. That'll do it for us on Dodger Talk tonight. Thanks to Colin Yee back at our Burbank studios, thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Dodger Stadium, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show or our pregame conversation with No Ma No mar Garcia Para, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. Coming up next, Ben Maller on Fox Sports Radio. We will talk to you tomorrow night at six o'clock.
Speaker 7: Once again.
Speaker 8: The final score from Dodgers Stadium. The Mets outlast the Dodgers four to three in ten innings. Have a great rest of your night, Sea