Speaker 1: Excuse me, doctor wants me. Oh, yes, what is it a person to see hisself in the consulting room.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't give a name, but.
Speaker 1: We'll ask you what. No, no, no, no, man as him sent him in. It's here. Yeah, I know your face.
Speaker 3: Men have been known to die of shock, and I imagined in those moments I might die to join my poor friend Homes. I have met doctor Watson, privileged for so long to shall the adventures of Charlocke. Hope I will tell you about the empty house by then, after three years, I learned to live with.
Speaker 1: The knowledge that Holmes was dead. Excuse me, pee for just a mote.
Speaker 2: It was in the spring eating ninety four yet the honorable run on the there.
Speaker 1: I was murdered in London and the mess and you call me makes people those apples.
Speaker 2: I remember thinking, more Colonel than ever, the loss the community had sustained.
Speaker 1: By the death and shallow Holman three years.
Speaker 2: Before, and rebec I was thinking so much about home and the adventure speed.
Speaker 1: Had been deno.
Speaker 2: But I got quite a shock when I bumped into a man in Offston Street and found it was his brother and Microme.
Speaker 1: Have a care, sir, I pick your pardoner. Oh, it's mister Microft's homes. And this, of course your doctor Watts Death's right?
Speaker 2: Hey, good while since he left to me though, have you kept up your own interest in crimes since Sherlock's death? Well, in a way, you know, usually read up the latest case and try to work it out, as homes might have done.
Speaker 1: That's my own amusements.
Speaker 2: Not quite quite now, what do you say about this? And dare business Sherlock would have loved this one, Honorable Rubald Adare, second son of the Earl of Mainnoose. You know, Cloud shot in his room late last night. The mother and sister were out, came home, couldn't get a reply at his door. No, his life was on it, got it, burst in and found him there, a bullet through the head, No weapon to doom, just a few gold and silver coins stacked on the table, with a list of some of the chefs he plays card with regularly at his club.
Speaker 1: I say.
Speaker 2: None of it, little doubt about it. No clues though by all accounts. The door of his room locked on the inside, no signs of a forest entree, and the rooms on the second floor overlooking park Lane no possible way.
Speaker 1: Of climbing up or down to it, or to putting its carefully.
Speaker 2: The police say, oh, well, ah, but was any of the windows open? There couldn't shot have been far from across the street. He was shut with a soft nosed revolver bullet rules that out. And no man in this world could get someone plumbing ahead with a revolve on the other side of park Lane and the night precisely, and there are no reports of anyone hearing the shot. Well, so some business with the Hens, You're quite right, No bother Sherlock would have.
Speaker 1: Delighted in it. Er, yes, and the things that I'll stir around my park Lane on my way home living in Kenson, enough.
Speaker 2: Do they, Doctor Watson number four hundred and twenty seven. The house is I passed that way myself a few minutes ago. Usual crowd hanging about killing one another. How it was done, you know. But between you and me, I don't think they're getting very dear the mark tell you and you didn't know me chuck the gun out of the window and he felt on the floor.
Speaker 4: And don't say nothing in about no pistol stand in pop playing, I say, missus dunni, it's always there.
Speaker 1: Missus is dunny shotting through the keyo oh blah me. I'll keep telling you he hadn't got no missus. He lived with his sister in his mark.
Speaker 2: Ye end up right, gunna, yes, sir, there you are what you're bringing in a minute for who asked for your opinion?
Speaker 1: Sin you? I wasn't sitting in a pinion.
Speaker 2: And you, sir, Now look here, my good man, let me pass here.
Speaker 1: What you do that's a valuable book.
Speaker 2: You'll knock out of my head consounded, I will think you're blessed.
Speaker 1: What's yeah? And now good day to the love. I wonder what's on the last and I don't think it's something that's good to do? Excuse me, doctor watch him? Oh yes, good? What is it's a person to see you, sir in the consulting room. Yes, do you think of the name that you know? We'll ask him what you no? No, no, never man, that's him. Send him in. He's here.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It's uh yeah, I know your face. You should go. You're not all my value books out of my hands in barklay. Oh well this is nas and then I picked them up for you. What are you doing here? You are surprised to see me. Sir.
Speaker 5: Well, I have a conscious set, and when I chanced to see you.
Speaker 1: Go into this house.
Speaker 5: As I came hobbling after you, I thought to myself, I just step in and see that kind gentlemen, and tell him that if I was a bit grasping my manner, there was not any harm, and that I'm much obliged to him for picking up my books.
Speaker 2: Well, the tall films, it's.
Speaker 1: A no, dame. Oh, they don't mention it. Set my little bookshops just around the corner from you, a corner of church. Seek you know, I see. Maybe you collect yourself, sir, No, no, no pity, pity. Now here's British birds.
Speaker 4: Oh, lovely books, bolling price, in the works of the talent, the Holy war, the bargain, every one of them.
Speaker 1: What about it? No high volumes?
Speaker 5: You could just fill the gap on that second shelf behind you. There it looks untidy. That did not shirt well behind you, sir, Oh, yes, yes, I see.
Speaker 1: Oh then how much you work too, my dear wasn't he looked at thirteen a close.
Speaker 2: Hair, Just another stiff, my dear fella. Then in water it used to work for all your patients. So it should work for you. I can't believe it, my dear, what's my Oh you are thousand of polar No, no, no, no. It was inexcusable of me to drop my disguise as dramatically that I had no idea that you'd be so affected.
Speaker 1: I should have prepared you ill your You're alive. I didn't understand. You went over the writing back fools.
Speaker 2: You and Mariarty, MARIAARTI went over the falls. I remained alive. It was three years ago, three long years, Watson. But usually as I stood on the brink trying to get my breath back, it came to me in the flesh what I must do. I knew that Mariarti wasn't the only man who was formed.
Speaker 1: To have my life.
Speaker 2: There were at least three others. One of them would almost certainly get me off my guard someday. But if the world was convinced that I was dead, they would dropped their god, and sooner or later I could destroy them. See my brother Mike thought was my only confidante from then on.
Speaker 1: Oh but surely you well, I owe you another apology, Watson.
Speaker 2: But you understand I had to stay hidden as it were until my would be assassins were accounted for.
Speaker 1: An army all but one, and he knows.
Speaker 2: I didn't die with Mariati said, there's no point in pretending further.
Speaker 1: You mean he's recognized you since said that's it. Well, it's a remarkable business. It's remarkable and this is about the happiest day of my life. Thank you, Watson. Tell you where have you been all this time? Oh? I haven't denied all.
Speaker 2: I was unable to come back to London that I'm too well known. But I traveled for two years in Tibet, looked in at Mecca, and paid an interesting visit to the Califfer Cartoon. Then I returned to France. There I learned that there.
Speaker 1: Was only one of minehemies left in London.
Speaker 2: I came over here at once, fant that Mycroft had had two to one. Be Batasya kept just as I had left it as Missus Hudson had hysterics when she saw me by the rest and I was going to look you up as quickly as possible when just partly in business interview.
Speaker 1: Yeah, noll murder, But what's that got to do with you? What they'd got to do with you? Watson.
Speaker 2: You were conspicuously prominent in that little crowd opposit the house this morning.
Speaker 1: Well selling truth. I often like to try to puzzle these cases for myself.
Speaker 2: I wonder what you would have done about broke back the good old days.
Speaker 1: To me, Well, the good old days are back now.
Speaker 2: I came here to ask for your cooperation. Cool like a short homes, but I warn you we had dangerous work ahead of us tonight. Oh what about we need a bite of dinner here to see being by your leave of course, I don't worry about that. They don't Maybe take a cab to somewhere about cabin Is Square. We'll go from there on foot. That are penty of small lanes and news. I'm not ready to be generally recognized yet since this disguise, which I think how dispensed it now, well, we'll be walking through to Baker Street two to one bee hornets, but not quite the house opposite opposite.
Speaker 1: Camden House met that's it.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know what you have in mine, but Camden House has been empty for ages past.
Speaker 1: There again on the other day, exactly what are we going to do there?
Speaker 2: If I'm not mistaken, we shall be meeting someone Ooo a colonel Morne mean anity to you? No, I got him? Not so ascute after all? Cana husu here yes, uh here we.
Speaker 1: Are last year, that is who will do capital? Now? Then let's see a L L M M involvement.
Speaker 2: Ah morene Sebastians listen to this button Morene Sebastian colonel unemployed formerly first danglore Paneers born under eighteen forty, son of Sir Augustus morn c b. Once British Minited Prussia educated, eating and Oxford serves in Choakee campaign Astan campaign mentioned in dispatches.
Speaker 1: Chapur and Sabor. Does I met up with him in your serd Iston.
Speaker 2: No, well, it goes on all the hiddy game of the Western Himalayas eighteen eighty one, three months in the Jungle eighteen eighty four, addressed Kundit Street clubs Anglo Indian Tankerville's Degatl card Club. Pretty impressive, yes, the twenty dozen says THO. But else that he's the most dangerous man in London.
Speaker 1: S So he's moved up the scale in recent years.
Speaker 2: While Mariati was alive, Moranze was only the second most dangerous. He was Mariati's chiefest staff. Well see, oh, the men did honorably enough in his day. But whatever the cause, Colonel Morne began to go wrong without any public scandal. He made him get too hot to hold him. He retired to London, and Mariati pretty soon thought him out. Ah, Mariati kept him liberally, supplied his money, and used him only in one or two very high class jobs beyond.
Speaker 1: The scope of the ordinary criminal. So well, how the words fit in with tonight you will.
Speaker 2: See there it be sufficient to say that colonel and there's the one man, Remaning, who'd like to assassinate me the moment he gets his opportunity. For my part, I'd been waiting these three years for an opportunity of laying him by the heels.
Speaker 1: But what could I do? I couldn't shoot him on sight. Couldn't you pull it in the hand of the bullie? Not useless, not a shred of evidence?
Speaker 2: Again to no, wasn't I knew there was nothing I could do until there was well until the night.
Speaker 1: Of you like looking at an empty house, looking from.
Speaker 2: An empty house, watson't in the direction of our former humble a bird. And now I'm thankful to say mine again to to one b Baker Street. I didn't think matter his place, Biller from outside neglected.
Speaker 1: As he and all the better for that. So we we have a light term. Better not.
Speaker 2: We don't want to attract the attention of the first constable coming around. Besides, our friend the Colonel might not like it, but I'm sorry medium her idea you want say, I mean tell you you you say the stick a knocking way, say it with a meeting somebody opened entry.
Speaker 1: Oh forgive me if I haven't led you. We have no appointment to meet the colonel here.
Speaker 2: In fact, he ain't even come that A lot of tensity will begin to Heaven's say, you don't mind telling me what they're doing in this mustiest of commands, so excellent a view of that picturesque pile number two two one D.
Speaker 1: Now, might I tell you my idea?
Speaker 2: Want them to draw a little closer to this selfy window to cavil.
Speaker 1: I'm sure if anyone used to do this now, rather little pet care and no one knows this. And then tell me whether my years of accidents have taken away my fire to surprise you quiet Heaven's homes. Yes, but you stillouette up there in the window two to one bee, Are you recognize it wavelessly? If you weren't here with me? I swear, will you used to be up there?
Speaker 2: Against the life age cannot with a name nor customs tale my infinite variety now I must say, really is for the life business. Well, the credit for Lungston, monsieur Askamnievsnov. It's a busting west. It is several days to mod. I arranged the rest during my visit to two.
Speaker 1: To one be this morning, and I'll perhaps you remember what it's for, said Paul.
Speaker 2: I have the strongest possible reason for wishing certain people to think I'm idling indoors when I'm really elsewhere. Who Colonel Morat and others members of that charming society whose former leader lies.
Speaker 1: At the foot of the Russian dot falls, they would know from Miran that I was still alive. Sooner or later they believed I must come back to my room. They watched continuously, and this morning they's only arrived. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I recognize that sinst He's a homeless enough fellow passer by name, but I knew he would pass the word unsicky enough to be leader. Weren't you in disguise when you were the parker you was? I could tell he knew me.
Speaker 1: But only it's in a way if I indeed, but surely if I need to keep their eyes on it for long enough, see if it never moves. Have you been keeping your eyes on the corson? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, if I have, then pray do so for a little longer. And I really don't see the point quite sudden. Yes, you moved just fair.
Speaker 1: Enough, Cosset moved, Watson.
Speaker 2: Am I such a passical bungler that I should erect an object dummy and expect some of the sharpest.
Speaker 1: Men in Europe to be taken in by quick quacking. He's coming quick, kicking quantity away from the window at into this corner. All this is I won't see us yet. Come ye ah, no, yeah, come on now you'll come quiet now, good work mister Holmes that you. Let's say, yes, sir, we.
Speaker 2: Got don't make it at the yarn And I asker did good on this case yourself. It's a great pleasure to see you back in London.
Speaker 1: Thanks you. Let's say I fortunately did a little help here. Three untold murders in one year, won't do your love?
Speaker 2: Oh you didn't do so bad with the nose in this way, I grant you. You handled it was less than your usual. That's to say you've handled it fairly well. Yes, our friend in talkative mood. Well, Colonel Journey's end in lovers.
Speaker 1: Meeting as the old place. You cunning, cunning, But I'm surprised that my very simple statagem to deceive the oldest Ricardi. It must be very familiar.
Speaker 2: Have you never teathered a young girlt under a tree, laying about it to ther rifle and waited for the bait to bring the tiger to you?
Speaker 1: Well, then this empty house is my tree, and you are my poor god. You see, the parallel is exactly you inspector.
Speaker 6: Whatevery while you may or may not have cause for arresting me, but the piece is no reason why I should be exposed to the giants of this this person, and in the hands offlaw it things be done in a reasonable way.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fair enough, I suppose the terms. Is there anything more you want to say?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 1: Before we've taken along only to have for charge you intend to prefer? What charge? Sir? Well, the attempted murder of mister Sherlock Holmes.
Speaker 2: Of course not so not sell estate. I don't prefer to fear in the natter at all. Hey, but home, no no Le's trade to you, and to you alone, must.
Speaker 1: Curt the credit for this remarkable arrest.
Speaker 2: I congratulate with your usual petty mixture of cunning and or there today you've got him, got him?
Speaker 1: Got who? Why the man your whole source has been looking for the man who shot the honorable Ronalds are there through.
Speaker 2: The open window, the second floor, son of number four hundred and eighty seventh past rain, Colonel Sebastian Moran Ray, get one, prove it.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry, colonel, but God's to take you for questioning. It comes to water right, this is take your hands off.
Speaker 2: Me, sir, And now, my dear wasn't I dare say? You're burning to the garrow home again, and as soon as possible, bring the Colonel's rifle, the deal and it in the glass my broken window.
Speaker 1: I think half an eye might study of b a cigar. Therefore, duce is positable, never mind a bit of person.
Speaker 2: Glassness is Hudson. I'm pleased to see your undemaged yourself. I did at home doctor Watson company, gout how the dummy man to move about it?
Speaker 1: And now and then perhaps you kill it? Yes, come on it had What did mister Holmes put you out to?
Speaker 5: Oh there was nothing to itself.
Speaker 1: I went to it in the knees and just mister Rooms told me kid were out of sight.
Speaker 5: And said, did forget about toda?
Speaker 1: Here's the bullet, mister Holmes, I pitched as the cattage. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Must have flattened itself against the wall. Wellness is Hudson. Thank you for your valiant a system.
Speaker 1: It was a pleasure. Oh and it is nice to have you both back here again. Thank you, thank you. So now you know what at the home man, Let's see the bullet. Here you are that knows soft nose. But it's a revolva bullets. But it was an air gun, he used, waiting forget it's it only Yes, it's an air gun. But you've never seen one like it before? A rag. Oh, I've known of its existence, but years I left.
Speaker 2: The man who made it, a German named Ron Had He was blind, by the way, hard to believe, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Shoot an air gun? The far revolvable. It's a tremendous it powerful, virgin is silent.
Speaker 2: Put a thing like that into the hands of a man who caldn't shoot like Noran, and you see the result. Two murders were two bullets, or it would have been if this black stunny had been a tumor the idea.
Speaker 1: One as well. Yes, a softnesse revolva bullet.
Speaker 2: The papers said, no reports of the shop being heard, no possibility of anyone having shot so accurate, sid.
Speaker 1: Himself far away with a revolver. As soon as I heard the news, I knew my chance had come.
Speaker 2: All these years I waited for Loran to do something that would furnish proof for the police and put him out of the way for good.
Speaker 1: Yes, was it then? This business is evening? Was the jet? But for my return?
Speaker 2: He know that the out of the country line now lying over that precious weapon, well hidden away.
Speaker 1: As it was, he decided to tarry long enough to deal with me while he was a body. Oh I see it.
Speaker 2: Now, capital, except that, oh dear well, I don't understand the connection with the honorable Rupert.
Speaker 1: A There Ronald the day, oh Ronald of dead. Of course, why did Moriam kill him, My dear, what you read up the reports of the case after you got home this afternoon in the ship certain night? Well then the card party again? What card party?
Speaker 2: When the dates Ronald Adair returned home last night? He'd been to a card party? Had he not near his body? But found several piles of gold coins and a list of names with a month slipping again for years you recall those names?
Speaker 1: Well, sir somebody or something and.
Speaker 2: General I think a Colonel Watson, Sir John Hardy and mister and the Colonel Morell.
Speaker 1: By Joe the Room for Improvement in New Watson.
Speaker 2: Yes, Adair had been playing cards for Miranne and those others when he was shot. He was working out he's winning always lot then what ah ah? Here we enter the realms of conjecture. Maranne has always been a notable cheat of the cards. The hex adare court Maranne cheating and secondly exploded. Such a scandal would mean Moran's exclusion from the clubs on the ruin, and then he would the students not to mention he's ill got an income?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that'll do. Will you accept it? I had no doubt you're as right as you all as well.
Speaker 2: This'll be verified or disproved of the trial, and once again mister Charlotte Holmes is free to diversity.
Speaker 1: His last street is everything, those interesting.
Speaker 2: Little problems which the complexity of human life, though primplet
Speaker 1: Exactly the two bo