Speaker 1: By Billy cunning in the Great America.
Speaker 2: Of course, the chief law enforcement official, believe it or not, in Hamleton County is the county corner doctor Lastmi Somarco. By statute, she controls the county with an iron grip in many ways. She's also in charge the coroner's office and also the crime lab in Hamleton County, which is around the region the go to place when there's difficult cases in Ohio, Kentucky or Indiana. And one thing I've noticed spoke with her off the air about the number of dog attacks is increasing, and also the fact that thirteen year olds are walking around killing people with guns and Ohio law does not allow for a criminal referral to adult court til you're at least fourteen. And doctor Samarco, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, I was involved in a fundraise for a fundraiser for little girl at the Hard Rock Cafe who was brutalized by a couple of pit bulls. Cops showed up, had to put the pit bulls down, and the cops testified that the it's bounced off the pit bull's head like it was a ricochet. At a hell of a time. Have you noticed an uptick of attacks of the so called massive pit bulls and what can what can be done to guard against it?
Speaker 1: If anything?
Speaker 3: Well, well, Willie, honestly, is there anything we can do to guard against it? I mean, I think that the Ohio laws have changed and they seem more intent on protecting the pit bulls and their owners and the victims. We have noticed, you know, the number of fatal attacks. Maybe you don't hear about them as much until you know a tragic the death of this little this little girl a few weeks ago. Yeah, yeah, and you know, and then everybody is horrified, and then it brings it to everybody's attention. But you know, I'll just tell you one story. My mom, my mom, this past summer in July, I believe or July or August, was attacked by a pitbull. She was just walking along the sidewalk and a woman walked out of her apartment. She had a pitbull mastiff mix on a leash, and for whatever reason, the dog decided to launch itself on my mom. And you know, this dog was one hundred and ten pounds, my mom's one hundred and ten pounds, and this dog launched itself on my mom and Bitter in the forearm with really deep puncture wounds, and then Bitter on the hip. And they took my mom to the emergency room and you know, had she had to get all of those washed out, and you know, when I got there, she had been bleeding all over the floor and she needed four series of rabies odds after that, and you know, law enforcement was called and he said, yeah, I'm really sorry, Doc, but all we can really do is fite this woman. But there's nothing else we can do. And I said, well, that's preposterous. You can't quarantine the dog. I mean, don't shouldn't we be testing the dog for rabies? I think it's ridiculous that, you know, my elderly mother has to go through four series of rabies shots and yet the dog owner gets just a citation and goes back to doing whatever she's doing.
Speaker 2: And you know, doctor Samarco, if a human being had done that to your mother by some means or method, no matter, by hands, by a knife, by a mission, whatever, if a human being had caused the same injuries to your mother as that dog had caused, all hell would break loose to the human being, but we treat dogs better.
Speaker 1: Than human beings.
Speaker 2: A little girl in Roselawn, what a beautiful little girl was, and you were involved in the odd top suit was really horrible, awful.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't think I say this all the time, and I really mean it, and I don't think people understand. But you know, what you see on TV and movies is nothing compared to what we see in real life unfortunately, especially with this poor little girl and what happened to her is just horrific.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know, whenever we discuss this topic, not you and me, but whenever I bring it up, there's a large, pitfull, massive colony of human beings who get angry at discussing it. And politics keeps dogs like that from being treated as if they're human beings doing similar misbehaviors because politics is behind the idea that you have a one bite rule, that is, you can bite severely without killing somebody, maybe taking off an arm or hand or for a series of shots, and it's.
Speaker 1: Like no big deal.
Speaker 2: But the politics of it is on one side because in a sense, normal people aren't organized, but the pitfull community is terribly maybe not terrible, they're organized to make sure laws do not come into effect. And pit bulls are great, great pets until they're not. A massive is a great pet until the first bite happens. These are animals that are configured to cause serious injuries to others. And we don't have the laws to protect ourselves from this. That little girl, and it happens regularly with dog bites all over urban and rural areas. I'm thinking about Michael Vick and then we're bet betting on him and we don't have the law sufficient to protect.
Speaker 1: And and another I'm glad you brought that up.
Speaker 2: I often say doctor Somarco, that uh that er, docs, nurses, emergency room personnel, you have police, fire, going to scenes of horrible incidents. And you sent me a text about two or three months ago said, don't forget what we have to deal with. Well, what is it in your soul that says to doctor Somarco, who could do any kind of medical practice in the world and make maybe five times the money that what you have to look at and deal with PTSD. I'm thinking to look at the body of that little girl. What was he three or four years old? From Rose Lawn? Half equal you can unsee that, So what what do there There's.
Speaker 3: A lot of unfortunately, you know, I must say that there are a lot of people in my office who you know, we we've talked about it. We've said that, you know, there's real ptsd UH involved with what what they do. And you know, we try and do what we can to get comfort dogs in and you know, get them employee assistance. But but there are things that you can't unseen. And I think that's the real that's a real part of first responders and and what they see. And it's not just our team, but you know, it's law enforcement, it's fire and ems, and there are some horrors that stay with you. I mean I remember the very first in my first two weeks of office, we had three baby deaths, and I literally told the people of my office, I don't think I can do this job.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: We had a three months old or four months old and a two year old who was so badly beaten and abused, and he was the cutest little guy, and I didn't know if I could do it. And I can still remember his blue eyes and his little blonde here and his little feet and you know, all the bruises on him and all the horrible things that happened to him, and they stay with you. But I think for most of us that are in this business, we really try and keep our part of the world a little bit safer and try and prevent those kind of horrible things from happening to other human beings. But I can tell you that when we get children in the office, there's there's definitely a palpable pall in the atmosphere in the office, and it's everywhere. It's not just in the Morgan or in the investigators section, but it's all over. Everybody knows about it, and I think it brings to four how important it is for everybody in the office to do their jobs as well as they can. From the crime lab, you know, the tray sevenance, firearms, drugs, toxicology, DNA sections to you know, everybody in the morgue and the investigative staff that go out there. And I don't think anybody is or questions what they do when something like that happens. And you're right, I think that the PTSD does get to you. Sometimes there are people that have left the office or left the roles that they've played and switched to different roles in the office that you know give you less exposure. So last year we lost one of our own to suicide, and that was really hard for everybody in the office. And you know, it led to some shifts and positions and changes and things. Again, like you said, it's really hard to unsee when you have to respond to the home of one of your own. It's really hard.
Speaker 2: Why do you do it? Because you've been out in there for three terms? Stay statue has you the chief law enforcement official in Hamlety County. Each corner is so, why is doctor Lastivismarco great family?
Speaker 1: Why do you do it?
Speaker 2: Why do you keep You just ran for reelection. I think nobody ran against her, But look in your heart and tell me why you do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly, it's going to sound corny, and there are going to be people out there and say whatever, you know, there's got to be something else. But it really is about trying to keep my little corner of the world a little bit safer. And I feel like I'm in a position where I can try and help make that happen and be impactful on other people to try and do the same. And you know, as the first Indian American elected in Hamilton County. I feel like I have a responsibility to my community to show that it's important for us to play a role in the society. I mean, most Indian Americans are professionals, and people see us as doctors and engineers, and I don't think they see us as giving a whole lot back to the community. And I think for I was born in India and came here when I was a little kid, but you know, for the first generation, second generation now, I think it's important to see that, and you see that there are more Indian Americans in politics now, I mean everybody from Vivia Ramaswami to all of our local candidates that are front So I think it is having an impact and it should be about what we all do to make all of our lives a little bit better, and especially for the next.
Speaker 1: Generation, well, no question.
Speaker 2: And also we've had a rash of thirteen year olds being murderer or state law doesn't cover them to be tried as adults. And you see the end result of crime, and I'm told repeatedly by certain politicians that the crime rate is way down. When I watch NBC, ABC, CBS, local media, the stories they could cover crime all.
Speaker 1: Day, every day.
Speaker 2: You know, some of us have a sense, but doctor Somarco, you have the reality of the results of criminal activity. Do you think crime is down or are arrest down? Which is it or both?
Speaker 3: Is it arrests, is it convictions? Is it? I don't know. I mean from our perspective. You know, we had twenty five autopsies over the weekend, you know, between Friday and this morning. I you know, granted a lot of those were natural, but it doesn't feel like crime is down, and certainly when it comes to youth violence, it certainly doesn't feel like that to us. And I would have to sit and really look at the statistics. I think over the last ten years thirteen years I've been in office, our homicide rate for Hamilton County has been pretty steady and not significantly varied. I think it was about one hundred and five last year, so am I first started, it was around one hundred. So I don't think it's really changed a whole lot.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 3: Non death related crime has that increased. I think possibly. I mean, we certainly have been talking about the South American theft group that's been all over the news, and you know, that isn't actually something new, and since the visa waiver program went into place for Chili, and I don't know if you're aware of that really, but in twenty fourteen, the State Department put into place a visa waiver program for Chili, and that's the only Latin American country that has a visa waiver to the United States. In other words, if you have a Chilean passport, you can travel to the United States without a visa. And you know that means that people can go back and forth readily and freely. I understand it was set up for trade, but this is this theft group has been a problem for quite a few years, and I don't understand why the State Department can't just shut it down and you know, help law enforcement and trying to control what's happening. But you know, certainly the non death related crimes have increased, and I think that goes along with some of the violent crime where deaths aren't involved has also increase, at least from what I can tell. So yeah, maybe we're making some headway in some ways, but I think we really need to work on our young people in the community, and I mean, we need to teach him the value life. And I think that a lot of the young people committing these crimes, they don't have that sense of valuing life. And I don't know if it's because, you know, people can blame COVID, people can blame you know, video games and being disconnected, and you can come up with a lot of things that might have brought us here. But I don't hear a lot of people talking about solutions.
Speaker 2: No, in fact, they're well intended. I'm thinking about Reverend Mingo, He's well intended. A lot of community meetings. Got to do this, got to do those involved. They're not in the meetings, they're outside the meetings. And it's a small number and a small percentage. Joe Dieters always told me that if he could take five hundred people out of the community, we'd have a few, if any crimes ever committed. Because it is a small number, doing a great number and reach those they'll come.
Speaker 3: To the meetings. There's no interest in being a part of the solution.
Speaker 2: No, they're not at the meeting and say, Okay, how can I reform my life? How can I value education? How can I get a job, how can I work? How can I support my family. Well intended individuals like Reverend Mingo or at these meetings, but those committing the crime. The five hundred out of maybe eight hundred thousand residents in Amlin County are not there. They're doing other stuff and they couldn't care less, and you can't reach that group. I don't think it takes you.
Speaker 3: Know, as long as it's more lucrative to commit crimes, I think you're going to have a hard time getting people to buy into, you know, getting an education and getting a decent job. You know, when I remember going to a murder in Finley Market in the Findy Market area one day, and it was a nineteen year old and you know, he was faced down when we got there. We rolled them over and he had you know, bulges in his pockets and we pulled stuff out and it was over twenty five dollars in cash. And no, you know, he's nineteen, and you know what he was doing on the street and it certainly wasn't doing a job. Maybe maybe if selling drugs is a job, but you know, he got caught in in crossfire between you know, one gang versus another gang who are trying to maintain their territory. So I don't know. I don't have a solution. Some days it's very depressing, but we keep.
Speaker 2: Doing what we're doing, Doctor Samarco, thank you. I know I'm gonna get lots of text now from pit bull owners telling me how ridiculous you and I are, but that goes with the territory. Doctor Samarca, you're the best of what you do. Promise me as long as I'm on the radio, you'll be the county corner.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, how long is that really?
Speaker 1: Four more years?
Speaker 3: Well guess what, I was just re elected, so I guess you're in luck. Four more years.
Speaker 2: We'll get you that d to Somarco, you're a great American. Thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: OK here bye and gentlemen. That's the best there is right there, doctor lastmis Marco. Let's continue with more Bill Cunningham News next that you're home with the Reds News Radio seven hundred wwsy.
Speaker 1: Bully Cunningham, the great American.
Speaker 2: Of course, Reds Baseball kicks off right here about two thirty five this afternoon. Redgs did a number on the Dodgers. So see what happens today. They're all all the positive information coming out of Arizona's really great. In fact, there are some experts that have picked the Reds to win the Central Division because let's face the Milwaukee has been down. We'll see what happens. Cubs spend a lot of money, but there's still the Cubs and the Cardinals are on the downtick along with the Pirates, and the Reds remain and Tito Francona, I think think is the missing ingredient, much much like a loop Panella in nineteen ninety was the missing ingredient to put the Reds over the top. So we'll see what happens there after one o'clock today, we have Curtis Hawk with you and I of NewsBusters dot org. And what they have done at NewsBusters and elsewhere is every day they record everything NBCABCCBS and PBS and they relate to you what the media says to you, what's going on. I've said to you in many times, in many places, garbage in, garbage out. There's a chunk of the American people who only received their mainstream media news from NBCABCCBSPBS and newspapers, which are far left wing radical in their origins, and nothing has changed. In fact, he points out that over a thirteen day period, the headline NBCABC, CBS Evening News did a total of less than one hundred and five seconds on the savings of Doge. That is, Doze is saving this country from itself. And I just listen, it's still going on. As I look to my left, the first cabinet meeting of the President and Elon Musk is there talking about sending out notices. Is some two million federal employees. By the way, the majority do good work, show up and do their job. There's another chunk of federal workers who do not show up and do not do their job. And he has said that as many as half a million federal workers have not responded to an email saying are you there and tell us what you've done the past week or so. Give us five things that you've done in your job. And Elon Musk and the President made the point about half an hour ago that maybe these workers don't exist, maybe they're made up, Maybe it's a bot, because in some agencies ninety five percent do not show up to work anyway. And I don't blame them in a sense because Joe Biden told them don't show up for work, and before he left office about eight months ago, Joe Biden extended their ability to work from home until the year twenty twenty seven. It's like, well, you kind of have to show up to do your job. Ask people at iHeartMedia, you got to show up. You've got to do your job. You got to be here. And so what's happening is that there's a chunk of federal employees that, according to Elon Musk, does not exist. That they're a bot. They get a paycheck. Same thing with purveyors and suppliers of government services. There are literally tens of millions of businesses large and small who provide services to the federal government. How many actually exist? How many are a ploy or a plot to steal money from you? And this relates to a big column which I'm going to share parts of it with you now. I love the Wall Street Journal. About eighty percent of the time, headline in the commentary section is this America's future depends on doge. In other words, if this can't be done now to cut back on the growth of the federal government and the expenses thereof, we're out of business. The two things that would destroy this country are being attacked with alacrity by Donald Trump. One is the southern border, and right now the crossings are down ninety five percent. And because they're down ninety five percent, EISK has configured to take the five percent to get across the southern border and hold them into tens, then send them back to their host country and give them a report date for a hearing on refugee status maybe three to five years from now. And when you look at the various passes from the trilateral countries in Central America, in New Mexico, the Mexican president has told President Trump that she will stop it at the source. And so when you stop on the southern border, those individuals from Nicaraguay, l Salvador, Venezuela, Bogatade, Columbia, et cetera. That's a huge part of the problem. And right now it's down to a trickle from fifteen thousand a day to one hundred and fifty day. Fifteen thousand to one hundred and fifty that's a ninety nine percent reduction. And those who do make it across, they can quickly say, Okay, you're from where Okay, we're going to have a put you into tention, and then we're going to ship you back to your home country. And this is how to apply to become a refugee in our country, which is very limited the great majority who claim refugee status. By the way, it doesn't work. And so America's future depends on dose. You're thinking to myself, is that a bit Is that a bit extravagant?
Speaker 1: The answer is no.
Speaker 2: Countless presidents and countless cabinet secretaries have come and gone with the intention of changing the system. These cabinet secretaries and their deputies get nice pensions, They get huge, big, well appointed offices, They have a nice portrait and social status. They have unlimited budgets to travel. But the bureaucrats know under these appointees that this is all temporary and easily can be ignored. And I've played for you previously the clips beginning with Ronald Reagan and then Bush forty one and then Clinton and Gore, all talking about government has bloated too many employees. In the last twenty five years, we've gone from one point six million federal employees to two point three million, which is a fifty percent increase. In the last several years, government continues to grow. The bureaucracy has ballooned from a few agencies up to more than four hundred, many of which call themselves independent of the president. And we often viewed the president as responsible for the actions the agencies take, but not really. No president, none has cracked this nut. Most reforms of the administrative state, large and small, have been promised and never delivered.
Speaker 1: So how can we deal with the problem.
Speaker 2: And he's only been in office, what about six weeks since January twentieth to day the twenty six to February, so it's been about five and a half six weeks that bureaucracies rule everything, beginning with law enforcement, the FBI and the CIA and the Department of Justice.
Speaker 1: And we know, and they know, if you.
Speaker 2: Run a foul of the FBI or the Department of Justice, they can lock you up and put you in jail for long periods of time. So those in charge of the so called bureaucracy, the political appointees, are somewhat frightened by the FBI and by the Department of Justice. It's why voters like you and I trust in the system is eroded to a very low level. In fact, as far as solving governmental problems, it's about fifteen to twenty percent. Fifteen to twenty percent of us say, you know what, we turn the government to solve big problems. That's what we want done. And guess what, no problems are not solved. We owe each person living in America. If you're in a family of four, that family of four owes about a half of million dollars. That's your share of the national debt half a million dollars a family of four. Each person owes about one hundred and ten thousand dollars per person, and it's increasing. The goal is to cut, by the end of Trump's term, maybe the second of three terms, as much as one trillion dollars out of the two trillion dollar net national debt and make up for the difference of a trillion dollars through tariffs.
Speaker 1: That's the plan.
Speaker 2: It may work, it may not work, But as the Wall Street Journal points out today in their column, if it doesn't work, now we're done. The country at some point will have to follow bankruptcy. We will disavow our debt, which means the value of our dollar will plummet, which means we'll take many, many, many more dollars to buy any product, goods, or services, and we're going to enter a great depression from which we will not soon exit. The last great depression took us about ten years to get out of, and this one's going to take a lot longer because the dollar will be completely worthless if we don't do it. And Elon Musk made that reference earlier today, saying, you know what, this is something that must be done. And as far as popularity of doing this, the policies of Donald Trump are very, very, very very popular among the American people. When asked whether or not there should be a crackdown on the southern border crossing by illegals, seventy percent of US say yes, do something on the southern border that makes sense seventy eight percent. When it's said deporting illegal criminals, the numbers about eighty eight percent. So if you commit a crime in this country and you're not deported, there's twelve percent of US Americans think, well, that's okay, keep them in the country. Eighty eight percent of US say don't do it. So almost all the policies implemented by Donald Trump up to this point are extremely popular with the American people on the southern border relative to going after inflation, relative to cutting the fat, waste and abuse in the federal government, eighty five percent of Americans say, yes, we know there's too many federal employees doing too much. I watched this morning with Jim Kramer on CNBC and Joe kernin and they head on a head of Wells Fargo who said he can identify at least six federal government agencies that want to regulate banks, six different agencies. Each of them have thousands and thousands of employees looking every day for something to do. He said, we don't know all the regulators that come at us. We refer the emails and the Texas to our legal department, which is growing ever larger, to respond to the request of the bureaucracy, which takes away their ability to loan people money at low prices because the government's interfering with them. When the government tas to Ford Motor Company, that wink wink, non nod. Jim Farley, the president of Ford Motor, that if you lose five billion dollars per year in evs at Ford, we're going to reimburse you.
Speaker 1: Wink wink. Non nod.
Speaker 2: Guess what, it didn't happen. So Ford Motor Company lost about five point two billion dollars on evs in twenty twenty four, but they made five point six billion dollars on combustible engines and hybrids, which means they had a small profit. And the Farley Ford Motor Company said in twenty twenty five, we're probably going to lose another five or six billion dollars on evs. The implication was, well, we were told by the Department of Energy and by Joe Biden Kamala Harris, we'll take care of that for you. But guess what, they're not in charge anymore. There's a new sheriff in town, and his name is Donald Trump, and he's not going to reimburse companies who've lost all that money. Everywhere I look, there's nothing but problems and deficits and difficulties that this president is committed to improving, beginning with the size of the federal government. Cutting that is a very popular idea among the American people, and returning to the States things like the Department of Education, which spends about one hundred and fifty billion dollars a year, with some ninety two thousand employees measured ninety two thousand employees, ninety five son of whom work from home. In charge quote of public education in the United States of America. You could take half that money, disperse into the states to the Department of Education in each state and say, here are literally billions of new dollars to spend to make sure that fourth graders can read. I note also in the Wall Street Journal there's many students in Hartford, Connecticut, Hartford public schools that are suing the federal government because they were promised in education and they so called graduate without the ability to read their diplomba because they can't read and they can't write coming out of the Hartford public schools. That is a sad story in Cincinnati and Covington and Dayton. Talked to Denny from Dayton. The public schools in Dayton are terrible, much like Cincinnati or Columbus, or Toledo or Youngstown or Chicago. Public schools are awful. There ought to be, and there was, beginning with Bush forty three, a fourth grade promise that by the time your kid is to the fourth grade, that's we'll be able to read and write.
Speaker 1: And it didn't happen. Nine to eleven happened.
Speaker 2: Bush forty three got sideways with a bunch of other issues that bureaucracy continue to grow. And every time there was failure by the public school system, guess what they did. They increase funding, more programs, hiring thousands more people to find out why a fourth grader cannot read and a fourth grader cannot write. I've said many times that the parent a good mom or a good dad. I had one of each, and it's that parents job to produce a six or seven year old who can read and write and function. Because in your home that's the way it works. But in rural America and in urban America, it doesn't work that way. So how about increasing the funding to the states by eliminating the Department of Education, and then with strings attached, there must be results. And the number one thing to do, of course, is school choice. If you tell parents in the Cincinnati public school system, you can take your voucher to Our Lady of Victory, or to All Saints, or to Saint Gertrude's, and you can use that state voucher and have your child educate it in a different system with results. I think many parents would do it and it would change the system for the better. There is no hope unless we change for the financial health of this country to survive. And secondly, now that Trump's in charge of the southern border, it must be institutionalized. And I told Dave Keaton and others, my producer, if this is a four year, four year interlude, that after these four years of Trump, that JD. Vance loses the presidency in twenty twenty eight, and then what happens at that point, someone like Kamala Harris takes over.
Speaker 1: Then we're done. It's over.
Speaker 2: So congratulations to Donald Trump. You're doing exactly the kinds of things the American people want you to do, especially on the southern border, especially like cutting the growth of god government. And the next one is where the real money is is medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. And end the defense spending. We spend nine hundred billion dollars a year in defense. If there's ten percent waste, fraud and abuse in the Department of Defense, that's almost one hundred billion dollars in one department. All right, let's continue. After one o'clock today, he comes with the receipts Curtis Hawk of of RealClearPolitics dot com, also of NewsBusters dot org and after two o'clock is your Friend and Mine?
Speaker 1: Richard K.
Speaker 2: Jones being interviewed this morning by NBC Nightly News and Lester Holt to talk about what's happening in Butler County. They have a deal now with ICE that for something like sixty eight dollars a day they will house, clothes and feed, provide medical and dental services to ICE detainees until the ship back to their home country. Let's continue with more line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. Bill cunning him the Great American Live, but to some of the reds with you today about two thirty five all A News Radio seven hundred WLW my Billy Cunningham is Great American Court meeting the Research Center and U Clustions dot org with the headquarters for Curtis House, and what they do is chronicle every day, every week, every month, every five minute what's happening in mainstream media because, let's face it, garbage in, garbage out.
Speaker 1: About forty percent of.
Speaker 2: Americans receive almost all their news from ABCCBS and NBC plus PBS and if you get the bad information in, you get bad results out. And the goal of the media should be to inform the electorate about important issues so they can cast an informed ballot when it comes time to vote. That's not exactly what's going on in Curtis House with NewsBusters dot Org, the executive director. Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. Before we talk about DOGE coverage, and you have some great stats here from February the eighth until February twenty fourth, what a sixteen day period that ABC, CBS, NBC spent a total of one minute and fifty three seconds covering the taxpayer savings by dose. In other words, they didn't cover it at all. On the other hand, we have the PBS thing coming up. But before we go there, I have listed after list of mainstream media types that have lost their job and lost their way, whether it's a Leicester Holt or a Laura O'Donnell, or a Chuck Todd or a Joy Reid and others on MSNBC plus. The view is going to be rained in when they're cast adrift by ABC News. Just from your perspective, what has happened to the collapse of mainstream media and as a consequence, is that good or bad for the American people?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's interesting to see all of these people suddenly just lose their voices and think that, you know, they're going to go to substack or wherever else. And I know in some of these cases, a lot of it's cost cutting in the case of Leicester Holt more or less retiring, or O'Donnell stepping away Hoe to coffee, leaving this Today Show right before the inauguration. In all of those cases, the reporting, particularly with Pucks still in Buyers or liberal journals, done the less. But his newsletters are pretty thorough and substantivity is great sourcing say that, Hey, guess what, twenty million dollars a year for some of these network news anchors. Yeah, that's just completely unreasonable, Like it's not reasonable, it's not feasible, it's it's just it's not sustainable for the bottom line based on the product that they are putting out and the bias and how people have tuned them out. So these folks instead of just saying, oh, I'm going to retire openly, they're suggesting that they're writing off to the sunset, I need to spend more time with my kids, whatever else in the case that people like Joy read. I mean, she is the most toxic, venomous person in maybe cable news history. I mean, she has been incredibly, horrible, divisive. She was a DEI hired to begin with because Chris Matthews was meted by this woman named Lauren Bassett and she was given a show I believe in twenty twenty one, and you know, she didn't really earn this, and so as such, her ratings have not been great. She struggled to maintain an audience, and now she's blaming racism or her supporters are blaming racism for her losing her job, even though she's being replaced by a panel show by two people who are black and the other is Hispanic. So that's kind of funny there. So I think in this Media Landscape bill, the real reality is it is it's cough cutting, and I think it's the recognition of some of these network executives that do we want this person or that person to be the face of our brand, because I remember MSNBC is spinning off or being spun off by Comcast, so it's going to have to stand on its own to you know, two legs with the NBA, seeing a few other cable networks and trying to sell itself to advertisers. I'm pretty sure what your read's been putting up is not what most Americans want.
Speaker 2: So in five or ten years, if you and I would get together, talk radio will be here, podcast will be here, websites will be here. Newspapers the idea of cutting down a tree somewhere in Minnesota, putting it on rivers, giving it to a mill, then creating the pulp, and then giving it to a processor, and then put making paper and then putting ink on it.
Speaker 1: That whole thing is gone. It doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: I think the Wall Street Journal in New York Times not the only two papers in the country. Washington Post loses one hundred million dollars a year. So from media sources you have, the newspapers are gone. Television, big time news is collapsing. People don't believe it. Did they cause their own demise? Do you think the left wing media and did they do it to that? Was this suicide or homicide? I say suicide.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's definitely suicide. I mean it is a complete refusal to accept outside criticism. You know, in my career, I've had a number of journalists block me. I've never called them any names. I've merely written stories with the full transcript of their news reports and said, here's what's wrong with this segment. Here's where they don't do not present an opposing viewpoint, or they.
Speaker 6: Leave out certain facts, and you get blocked for it. You know, you talk.
Speaker 5: About politicians having thin skin and being insecure, journalists are by far National journalists are by far the most thin skin profession in America. It's not on planet Earth. They are so averts to outside criticism. We saw this during the first Trump administration. Chants of fake news were treated like death threats, and which is just ridiculous and a refusal from the liberal media to accept that the First Amendment also applies to us. It's not just about you guys. So this has been entirely self inflicted. And I think too we may have talked about the past, that is, the liberal media have shown a lack of respect.
Speaker 6: It's not just about not.
Speaker 5: Showing or carrying other viewpoints. It's when they do, they don't show respect. They do not treat viewpoints with dignity, and I think American people see that as such and when you see that, I'm not being listened to, I'm not being respected, I'm being dismissed as rubes, racist, sexist, homophobes and all those things.
Speaker 6: Who would want.
Speaker 5: To listen to this every day unless you're like some sort of weird masochiss I don't.
Speaker 1: The fact is, I've been talking about this for years.
Speaker 2: The mainstream media, NewsBusters dot Org, Mini Research Center, a bunch of others actually do the work to have the facts that over a sixteen day period there was little or no reporting on those taxpayer savings. I've said for years that two things that destroy this country is unbridled southern border invasions bringing with the disease, third ward poverty grinding into America. The Milton Friedman in one of my four heads on the mount Rushmore Conservatism, Milton Friedman said, you can't have an existing first world country with a border wide open with millions of unwashed masses coming in that whose labor is not needed and their cost of survival are going to be very high. And secondly, the second aspect the taxpayer savings is the federal deficit of that accumulated debt thirty six trillion dollars is unbridled, and so because it's an important issue, you have a column up censored. ABC, CBS, and NBC spent less than two minutes on dose taxpayer savings.
Speaker 1: And this wasn't just over a week.
Speaker 2: Sixteen days of coverage from February the eighth through February to twenty fourth, they spent a total of one minute and fifty three seconds on it. To break it down, ABC News spent the least amount of time, which is zero. NBC spent twenty six seconds on taxpayer savings. CBS spent a minute in twenty seven which is unbelievable. And the key of what's happening is we can have a two trillion dollar annual deficit and a thirty six trillion dollars accumulated debt and survive as a country. But they don't give the information to the American people as to why, uh, these taxpayer saidmentes are required. Please relate the findings of your study.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, yeah, the top one two in the addition to one minute, fifty three seconds that it really only actually applies to CBS and NBC because ABC was completely asleep at the wheel. This is one of those things bill, where the liberal media will try to deny, deny, deny, and they may eventually be forced into admitting it's true. You know, you see this as well with the border. You not, you're not really seeing a ton about the border now compared to what we did before. Maybe there's a reason for that, of course, maybe it's because things are going well, and you know, they'll eventually be forced to admit it. If ever, and I think some of this might happen with dose. They're trying to shame people into this concept that oh, they're doing too fast and they're going to make mistakes. And maybe all of those things could be true, but the liberal media don't want that. They disagree with the notion at all of doing anything completely with doing anything to cut the size of government. You notice how in these segments about federal workers they find just the right person who was laid off, who seems like they did something that even a small government conservative would say is something the government should be involved with. The networks have done stories about the National Park Service and the National Forest Service recently, and on Tuesday Night, the CBS Evening News joined the others who have done segments in the past that those is going to ruin your summer vacations to the national parks. And heck, guess what bears may now eat you might eat you now because there's not parks strangers to be able to save you. Well, I mean, that's so deperate.
Speaker 2: The headline is CBS doze is going to get you eat eaten by bears the story, and then right below that is the story about PBS. I find it amazing that PBS Public broadcasting TV and radio, and many markets like New York City has eight or nine PBS radio stations. In one city they employed literally one hundred thousand people. It costs five hundred million dollars a year minimum, and it's generally bad radio or bad TV that we paid for. And why why hasn't that come up more forcefully? I know you have a campaign in Washington now with the truck, but explain what's going to happen to PBS in the future.
Speaker 1: By that, I mean the next six months.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I'm so glad you started with that premise all about about the affiliates, And what's funny is like in Boston there's two affiliates and they're indistinguishable. The programming is the same, you know, like the call letters are different. I'm sure the signals are relatively similar. They're both based in Boston. Like how is that, how does that accomplish anything?
Speaker 6: Like what level?
Speaker 5: Why is that level of redundancy necessary? And so that's just one of the TACs that we're taking. One of the five reasons of my colleague Tim Graham, who's been covering this since twelve before I was born. He started covering this kind of stuff in the late eighties, has said, is why PBS and NPR need to be defunded. Folks can follow our brand new ex account defund PBSNPR all one word on x It's a clearinghouse, yes on NewsBusters. In the MRC, we have our we still share all of our blogs and Facebook pages as well our PBS NPR content, but you can go there for one stop shop of all of our PBS and PR content, and we really encourage folks to check that out and then focus on the DC local reddit, the little message board chat room website. The local DC section is already freaking out about this truck. They're just lose their absolute minds and into this. We all say you are welcome to give as much money as you would like to PBSSR. We are merely saying, not us. We should have a saying whether our money goes there.
Speaker 2: I think talk radio would love to get five hundred million dollars a year in government subsidies. But if you want to give and to your heart's content, have added and it doesn't happen. And I just I assume in the next year that's going to be the funded. I've heard this for the last thirty years. It's never happened under Bush, under Bush, under of course, under Reagan, or under the first term of Donald Trump, or no Democrat because that was left as propaganda paid for by the government and they only give one story. There's no more left wing organization in America, more left wing than PBS.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's awful.
Speaker 2: Now, lastly, before I let you go, you have a great column up about Dan Bongino, who, by the way, is a great American. I've had them on several times, and the headline is ABC, CBS, NBC lose their minds over Trump picking Dan Bongino for FBI post. And you have exactly what CBS News anchors are now saying. The two new anchors are talking about this Maurice Jaba and also what's his name, and they go after Dickerson, John Dickerson. They go after him hard because Dan Bongino is unqualified. And you have an army followers of millions of talk radio and podcast listeners who devote time to Donald Trump and the Dan Bongino who think this is a great pick. So the media once again garbage in, garbage out. You hear this about someone you may not know a lot about. But why does this again show left wing media bias.
Speaker 5: It's so ridiculous, Like, first of all, they're treating his service in the time in the Secret Service and is a New York City police officer like I don't know, he was like bagging groceries and then became deputy FBI directors, Like you know, it's it's really ridiculous. They mentioned these things, but then they're like, well, he doesn't have any experience in the agency. And you know, the FBI Agents Association had demanded the cashpital and President Trump pick a career agent and they didn't pick a career agent. Well, yes, career agents. The permanent bureaucracy is part of the problem. Maybe that's why he did this, you know, CBS Evening News went as far as to suggest that the moves made by Cash Hotel and Dan Bongino could put the country's now security at risk because they're responsible for stopping care attacks, and this idea that they're emptying out or whittling down the number of people who work in Washington, DC at headquarters and sending them to field offices is upsetting morale and it's gonna somehow like hurt like crime fighting, Like are you kidding me? Oh, it upsets morale and it hurts people's feelings that they're gonna have to go somewhere out to real America and they're gonna have to actually work. They probably will still make the same money. Hey guess look, guys, actually your dollars will go farther by not being in the Washington, DC area. So this should be viewed as a positive. But of course it's not the well, because we're supposed to feel bad for people like Andrew McCabe, who's so sad that you know, one of the people who succeeded him is Dan Bongino. It's ridiculous they call him a blockatur election denier, all those kind of crazy things, but not actually looking at what he knows about the agency, whether he actually cares about the agency, which he does, cares about finding crime, which he does. They just see these folks as Trump lackeys who will do literally anything and everything and destroy the country, put people in camps, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Well, the other thing, fifteen years ago, Barack Hussein Obama as president picked Dan Bongino to protect him, former New York City cop, secret Service agent. He knows where the bodies are barried. He's a great guy. Put him with Cash Patel. Then that's reform. And of course, when I hear about Elon Musk not being confirmed by the Senate, not in the cabinet affecting public policy, one name comes to mind. That's doctor Anthony Fauci, who was not in the cabinet. He did affect public policy. He was not confirmed by the Senate. And this guy fundamentally, and so many others of the past have fundamentally affected public policy who were not confirmed by the Senate. They were not in the cabinet and they affected public policy. But one rule applies to Fauci, but a different rule applies to Elon Musk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's exactly what this is. It is kind of amazing you hear these protests, government worker protests build that like, oh, we love serving the American people, we answer to the American people. Well, how do you actually answer to anyone? You know, we're just supposed to trust you. It is really amazing to see so many of these liberal journalists who get all warm and fuzzy inside and drills up their legs thinking about Watergate, about holding the powerful two account, have turned into only giving aid and comfort to the powerful. They trust everything the career government officials tell them because they're their friends, instead of holding into account and.
Speaker 2: The other thing ninety five percent don't show up for. But that's a different issue. But NewsBusters, Curtis Halk, you're the best there is and that I'd encourage people to go to the website constantly and get the truth, the old truth, and nothing but the truth.
Speaker 1: At least it's unvarnished.
Speaker 2: In fact, you have up the actual words of the newscasters, the actual words of the columnists that you can judge for yourself what's right, what's wrong. Curtis Halck, once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, and Curtis, you're.
Speaker 1: A great American.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Thank you. Bill.
Speaker 2: All right, let's continue with more. The truth will set us all free. Garbage in from the media and garbage out. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WLW. Be nice if he could bring some ice cream, cake, coke, sprite, bring something.
Speaker 6: See, I don't care, bring some chips.
Speaker 1: Boy?
Speaker 2: Oh hello, quiet, and I'm spoke.
Speaker 6: I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 2: I think it sounds like the cowboy once beat talking about an hour, but the Angels in?
Speaker 7: How about the Angels Dodgers? Is that his pre pregame meal already? Jeez, take it easy, cowboy. He likes to eat, but he doesn't put much weight on, that's for sure. Unbelievable segment. The Bearcats are moving forward a little bit.
Speaker 2: Beat Baylor got the muscanteers kicking ass like mister asked, or the first four out. Now they have to march for glory. Maybe there's not yet Finny to march madness. It may still come, will he?
Speaker 7: The Stoot reporters of prob Service of your local Tamestar Heating in their conditioning dealers Thamestar quality you can feel in Cincinnati called Sheldon Braun at braun Heating get five one, three, three, eight, five, seventy seven sixty five. But and as you said last night, Willie Gisel James with eighteen points Dylan Mitchell had at thirteen. The Bearcats knock off the Baylor Bears sixty nine sixty seven, So Cincinnati's still in the hunt at seventeen and eleven on the season. Ballett Hall was the site last night as the Miami RedHawks beat up on Northern Illinois eighty seven to fifty eight. The RedHawks are twenty one and seven on the season. Pat Kelsey and his number nineteen Louisville Cardinals are twenty two and six after winning at Virginia Tech seventy one sixty six. Now tonight, well dayton at Rhode Island, number seventeen, Kentucky faces the Sooners of Oklahoma, and Ohio State plays late on the West Coast up against Southern cal See.
Speaker 2: What happens there? Anything new about Mick Crohn and coaching in the end of the Hoosiers.
Speaker 1: Haven't heard a thing. He's very happy.
Speaker 7: I think he's getting ready for his next game with the Bruins.
Speaker 1: You know he's dating Halle Berry.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean you broke that international story the other day and everybody's but Inside Edition is reporting it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Now both of them are singles, so have at it. They're in their fifties. Why not enjoy each other's companies and charms.
Speaker 7: Soccer Tonight willie Round two of the Champions Cup TQL Stadium and the beautiful West End is the site. FC Montagua out of Honduras will face FC Cincinnati six o'clock. Fox Sports thirteen sixty Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco, and Party Town thirteen convenient locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals Director of player Personnel to Tobin spoke at the NFL combine yesterday in Indianapolis, very favorable about Jamar Chase, had favorable against t Higgins, and they've had talks with Trey hendrickson.
Speaker 1: Weird what about the new hat set on our hands?
Speaker 7: Now, if they get those three done, that will show that will make number nine very happy and the fans very happy.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: T Higgins put up an emoji indicating you might be leaving because you didn't believe what he's hearing, because the reality of the negotiations are not exactly where the media is reporting. According to Rocky Boyman and according to T. Higgins, please continue Red's update.
Speaker 7: After a day off yesterday, the Reds are back in the Cactus League today against those La Angels. Nick Lodolo will make us first spring start. The he lost like twenty pounds.
Speaker 6: Really.
Speaker 7: Coverage begins to two thirty five of the Arnold carriers inside pitch. Then after the game, it's the Hot Stove League live from Arizona after six oh five right also here on seven hundred WLW. The winning lineup today for Tito Francona, McLean, LUs DLC Steer, Stevenson, Cees, Benson Hines and also fair.
Speaker 1: Child who's playing first base? If anyone cees? How about third base?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: That is Gavin Lux Okay, kind of the A team. They beat the Dodgers, what eight to one?
Speaker 7: Eight to one the other day. Austin Hayes. That's a pretty good uh so far. I mean, he got what six RBIs he lit him up yesterday or the or two day on Monday. So but I mean, you know, it's it's a it's spring training, so you just go day to day. And he had a good day and they just move on.
Speaker 1: Did the Dodgers play anyone? I think they had a few guys out there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, you know, I don't think, well I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I can't remember if he was in the lineup or not. Please continue. Uh that's about all I got, Willie. Let's see, uh the playing who they playing, and they're playing? And what FC is playing?
Speaker 7: The second round of the Champions Cup. Now, they beat Montagua in Honduras a week ago, four to one. Then they play him again tonight in the first round. It's a home and home in the first round. If they get by tonight, then they'll go. They'll move on to this Champions Cup to yet another team.
Speaker 1: It could be.
Speaker 7: It could be an international team that's in it, or it could be an MLS team. But uh, then you know they play tonight and then Saturday. FC Cincinnati's on the road at the Philadelphia Union in the MLS. So these guys are playing soccer like every third or fourth night.
Speaker 1: It's like unbelievable. So they're not in the MLS right now. They're playing this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're in the MLS because they beat the Red Bulls the other night one nil. That was their opener Saturday night. Now they come back with this Champions Cup. Is kind of like a in season tournament that they usually do in soccer with these individual champions. I guess Montagua is a U was in the champions of the Honduras League or something or one of them. And well, I mean FC whipped him four to one, so probably not. Now what about Acosta? Did he go back home to South America?
Speaker 6: Is No?
Speaker 7: Acosta got traded to FC Dallas. Oh, and they're very happy I think with what they got because Kevin Denke is a good player. And also they got Evander from the Portland from the no they got Evander from the Portland Timbers for that record deal deal of twelve million dollars. You know, mister Linder there, the owner of the soccer team, is making moves and getting it done.
Speaker 2: He's writing checks for twelve million. Could you want a check for twelve million dollars?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, you could write it, but it bounce correct.
Speaker 7: Yeah, right right, it would bounce right down like a basketball.
Speaker 1: You couldn't either. I didn't write a twelve million dollars check, but I mean they they want.
Speaker 7: I mean, this guy is like Evander is one of the top they say, one of the top five players in the MLS, and they got him now in the Orange and Blue.
Speaker 1: Kevin Dankey came over and they got a couple other guys.
Speaker 7: So I guess you know, mister Acosta will be a vivid memory if these guys starts scoring. So we'll see what happens. He was the best player of the FC ever had, and hopefully also Brenner. Brenner was a good player when they had him. So but he went, he went back home to Mexico.
Speaker 2: Oh seg I read something, maybe it was from on a blog, but the top two or three memories athletically that I had were like cutting down the nets at Deer Park's great victory over the team from Columbus right in the championship. What are your two or three memories covering sports going back to the late nineteen seventies, what two or three stands out in the minds of the segment that was really exciting.
Speaker 7: Let's see Willy going each year to the Kentucky Speedway, going for about thirty years to the cover of the Indianapolis five hundred Bob Jenkins correct, and well, thirty six years into radio booth with Marty and Joe. That's a highlight. And just you know, a kid from White Oak and Monfort Heights getting a you know, you get a Red's pass, you get a Bengals pass. And I can't count the a number of players that you you come in contact with on a daily basis and they know you.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: About I talked about, of course, deer Park winning the state title, undefitted untitles on scored on right Columbus. The Nubians of afro Centric beat him up easily by ten points, yep, cutting down the nets, running around like a nut, and somebody from Spectrum saying, who's that guy with a net around his deer Park thirty it's true, But also nineteen ninety wire to wire the rest.
Speaker 7: Well, and then you know the and then forty one ninety two, the night that happened. I mean, being around Pete all those years and everything else, and and and.
Speaker 1: He knows your name. I mean the grade eight knew my name.
Speaker 7: I mean like, I mean I just sit there sometimes well and go it's you know, and and they still do, I mean they still you know, you see him every you know a few years in that but uh yeah, I wasn't really much of an athlete and uh at Cole Rain or nothing like you were a star art star athlete at Deer Park and I didn't do I didn't I didn't do too much of that. But uh, I just got the radio bug like junior senior year at Cole Rain and we were at a ten watt radio station w n s D, and uh we we did the afternoon show and then all of a sudden, you know, hit the the bug happened at n k U and here I am.
Speaker 1: Well another is.
Speaker 7: And and the top of the thank you, the top of the list there Willie is. Ken Griffy Jr. Never thought, I mean, I've met a lot of superstars, but he's number one on the list.
Speaker 1: He is a good yet.
Speaker 2: If possible with Dale Earnhardt or Ken Griffy Jr. If you had to choose between Earnhardt and Griffy Jr. And Pete Rose, who would you choose of those three?
Speaker 1: Well, Ken Griffy Jr.
Speaker 7: Would want to go with me with Dale Earnhardt because he's a big NASCAR fan. That's how that's how we got to know each other pretty good. Of arguing every Monday with after Sunday's race. We would go, we would end up. I would end up in his locker and arguing with him over what happened in the race. So, I mean, I've seen Pete Rose a lot of times and everything else, But you know, I mean, like I said, I mean, if if Junior, if Junior was on that list, if Junior wanted to do that, he said, I want to go see I want to go have lunch with Dale Earnhardt.
Speaker 1: Never got to meet him. I wish I did, but never got to meet him.
Speaker 2: The other thing about Pete is a day with a few hours with Pete.
Speaker 1: It's hilarious.
Speaker 7: Well, a few minutes with him is match. I mean, just I mean just sit there and talk to him about anything. I mean, you know, I mean every and and and he knew about everything. He knew about the he knew about obviously baseball, he knew the the basketball, he knew football. I mean, anything you ask him, he was He was like an expert.
Speaker 2: At Yeah, the basket, you knew everything about Betty Yep, yep, yep. All right, segment, Well, okay, go ahead. We had no hope a week or two ago with Xavier and with UC now.
Speaker 7: They got a big one against Creighton on Saturday. Well, he will see what happens when Blue Jays come here. If they can get by that one, I think they're in it past the Blue Jays. He's got an opportunity.
Speaker 2: Now, yes they do, which I don't think they've played Baylor since nineteen forty six or something.
Speaker 7: But UC's got to go to Houston on Saturday, and I think they're ranked in the top five in the nation.
Speaker 2: What if you see beach Houston without Elvin Hayes, what about that?
Speaker 7: Well, then I think the Bearcats would be very happy, and I think their resume would be right there.
Speaker 2: They would be in and I want them to do it. I want this all right segment, get me out of the Student's Report. After two o'clock today, it's Richard K. Jones.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I may not know it, but Lester.
Speaker 2: Holt in the NBC Nightly News has saddled up into the Butler County Sheriff's Department since ten o'clock this morning. What and they're doing stories? I call it a hit piece on Richard K. Jones and will Jones be able to withstand in the NBC Nightly News might be on tonight or tomorrow. But NBC doesn't like the fact that Richard K. Jones is accepting Ice detainees and collecting sixty eight dollars per prisoner per night to benefit the taxpayers of Butler County like you, segment, So we got him coming up after two o'clock.
Speaker 1: Of his time. All right, the sheriff's the best, and he's hilarious.
Speaker 7: Willia and outer of the Reds and Angels coming up here at about forty five minutes. Red's Baseball back on seven hundred WLW. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stoode Report.
Speaker 1: We will bring championship baseball to Cincinnati. Well, they beat the Dodgers segment eight to one. That's right there, you go.
Speaker 7: See they beat the Dodgers last year too in the regular season, right yeah, regular season series.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I won a dinner for dinner for four of us through Paul O'Neal when the Reds went to New York and swept the Yanks.
Speaker 7: Beat they were great against they were great against first place, arrest of them.
Speaker 2: That couldn't beat anybody, right, segment. The over under with the Reds. I think it's eighty one total wins. Are you betting over or under this season eighty one. I'm going over, I'm going I'm going under. You want to bet me a hot fud Sunday?
Speaker 1: Why not? On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: By Billy Cunningham, The Great America, I had my sources all over Butler County and Warren County and Tenton County about what's happening.
Speaker 1: And you know, Sheriff Richard K.
Speaker 2: Jones has been at the forefront for many years and trying to stop the flow of immigration in this country, with limited success because it's not up to a sheriff and one of four thousand and counties to have immigration policies. But I read recently and maybe this morning in the Inquiry that Richard K. Jones has now been approved to accept the ICE prisoners at the rate of sixty eight dollars a day, and that things are changing just a little bit in Butler County and elsewhere.
Speaker 1: And Richard K.
Speaker 2: Jones, the Sheriff of Butler County, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 1: Plus a little Bertie in your.
Speaker 2: Office told me that NBC News was there this morning with Lester Hold, etc. And there's going to be a piece at some point on the NBC Nightly News about you.
Speaker 1: What was it? If anything?
Speaker 4: Hey, he wasn't here, but it's his crew, it's his show. And hew, they flew five people in and they're still not equal to fighting me by myself. But they come in and they're still not done. And it's all immigration. And I'm fine with that.
Speaker 6: Listen. I would never go.
Speaker 4: On that station. And I told him in the beginning that they're to me. They're like saying in but I can handle any questions you have and it's okay, bring them to me.
Speaker 6: And they have been.
Speaker 4: And one of the questions was when you charge them to come here, why are you so cheap by sixty eight bucks? And I said, well, I like to be cheaper in the country, like eggs. She thought she had me. Now this is doing their interview. She said, oh, you refer to people that are here illegally or people that are immigrants their words, as eggs in the country. Don't you feel bad over that? Do you have trouble sleeping at night? And I looked it right in the eyes, I said no, I sleep good. I said, matter of fact, I sleep too good. I sleep too much. Don't feel bad at all, And then I said, and that's a silly question to ask, but I expect that coming from you. So I hope they air that part.
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, it will not air.
Speaker 2: What they wanted to do was, you know, from east coast to the west coast up in Butler County in the middle they think of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Butler County is a great community.
Speaker 2: But in the middle of nowhere, let's go to this po dunk sheriff who pretends to wear a cowboy hat, and let's make them look foolish.
Speaker 1: That was their goal.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yes, they've not done well with that part.
Speaker 6: I promise. Look, this ain't the first time I've.
Speaker 4: Been interviewed by stations like that DNN, and on a one to ten I usually rate myself about a ten when I'm done, And the more they beat me up, the better my constituents like it.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the new deal. Can you tell the American people, Sheriff Richard K. Jones, what is the deal with ICE that was not in effect the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: What is the deal?
Speaker 4: Well, it's not been an effect for four years. We're going to be able to house prisoners here for ICE. They need the bed space, like yesterday. It's all been approved. We're waiting from a call from ICE. They wanted to know can we go from zero to one hundred like any day? And we said we could do it today if you need me. And they need space. They need space desperately. President Trump's pushing that throttle down every day, every minute. So what we and everything changes daily with this stuff because they don't have bedspace and they need it fast. And with us, we've alfered the one hundred right away, two hundred soon after that, and can go up to three hundred, and I'll be shocked if they don't fill those beds up that quick. Plus we're going to help with deportation. Plus we're going to do immigration court here. And we've been inspected two times in the past two weeks by ICE and their inspectors passed everything. Commissioner signed off on it, Prosecutor Mike Moser signed off on it. We're ready to go, and the wheels are greased on the bus and people ask me, well, why why in Ohio's Butler County doing this? Listen, I've had in the past four years. I've had fourteen hundred inmates in my jail in the last four years that are here from other countries, and that are here illegally, and they've committed two thousand crimes too fat local crimes and murder assault. So if you think illegals aren't already here, you're badly mistaken. They're all over the country. Everybody's a border state, a border county. They're shipping in the fent and all to kill us. And when these people come and ask you about poor pitiful men, and people in the community are concerned. Look, if you're here illegally, you.
Speaker 6: Don't have to be concerned.
Speaker 4: No. I look at it this way.
Speaker 6: Bill.
Speaker 4: If you think it's okay to come here illegally, if somebody come in your house while you were sleeping and they just came in, sat down on your couch, you didn't know who they were, would you let them in here? Would you be glad they.
Speaker 6: Were in the house.
Speaker 4: No, You've got to ask permission.
Speaker 6: To go in somebody's house.
Speaker 4: When you go to somebody's damn country, you've got to ask for permission, and they've not done that.
Speaker 6: I look at it.
Speaker 4: The equivalent is coming into your house and you've not been invited. We have a system here in this country where.
Speaker 6: You get invited when you come in.
Speaker 4: You just can't come in when you want, like just go in your neighbor's house and not ask them. So I think that's a decent analogy myself.
Speaker 2: Sheriff, you went over quickly those numbers in Butler County is of course a medium sized county relative to counties in California, New York, Florida, Texas.
Speaker 1: It's a small county.
Speaker 2: I would assume this about three hundred thousand people that live in Butler County if you look at other counties like Los Angeles County in Los Angeles has fourteen million people, and so the tip of the iceberg would be Butler County. You want of those numbers quickly, how many provable crimes of illegals have been committed the past four years and tell the American people that number.
Speaker 4: Again, two thousand crimes have been committed in Butler County with thirteen to fourteen hundred illegals in the past four years. And that's a lot of mount But I'm going to go over so many amounts, basically driving offenses, four hundred and eighty two violations of court orders, one hundred and eighty six crimes involving kids forty seven falsifying information, obstruction to sixty five sex offenses, almost one hundred drunk and alcohol offenses, five hundred and one violent offenses, six hundred and twelve thefts, one hundred and forty seven other offense, weapons forty six, on and on and on in Butler County, and imagine what it is in Hamilton County. And it's just both in the whole state of Ohio, they're here already, and Butler County. They're all over the country.
Speaker 6: Everybody's at border state.
Speaker 4: We're the seventh largest of eighty eight counties in Ohio. A population here is four hundred thousand, and we're going to do our part to get them out of here. When people ask, well, you're you're charging sixty eight dollars and I I said, is that enough? I said, no, probably need to charge thousands of dollars.
Speaker 6: And it wouldn't be enough.
Speaker 4: I said, what's enough when somebody you're the victim of somebody that was murdered, raped, or died.
Speaker 6: A sentinel, what's enough?
Speaker 4: Doesn't sound like that's enough at all. And I said, in the last fourteen months, we've lost money. We can't make up what this country has lost. So pretty simple, Bill, I think.
Speaker 1: I did some simple math.
Speaker 2: Butler County is about five percent population of the state of Ohio, about five percent. There's about twelve million Ohio ons, and so you're talking about maybe a five percent, and so in Butler County has kind of a tough law and order approach. I can only imagine in the eight urban counties in Ohio that number of two thousand crimes and fourteen hundred legals times about that's five percent. Take that times twenty. You're talking maybe forty five thousand crimes with maybe as many as six thousand illegals in the state of Ohio. And you can only imagine what Florida, Texas mean, what New Mexico, what it looks like.
Speaker 1: It is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: In fact, Thomas tom Homan, head of the Deportation Squad, said there's seven hundred thousand criminal aliens inside of America who've been convicted of crimes that are still on the loose. Seven hundred thousand that the media tell us this is not a problem.
Speaker 4: Listen those ones in Ohio. You just figured out how many hundreds of millions of dollars do you think that's costing court, jail, prison time. And how did hundreds of millions?
Speaker 6: Now, how do you.
Speaker 4: Put a price on the death and mayhem that they've cost to the victims? What kind of price do you put on that? So and listen, they're coming from Canada just as much as they're coming from Mexico and the drugs, the smuggling of people. The whole system's broke. The President's got a lot on his plate and he's kicking it in the bus. But listen, we're all here, we're all fighting.
Speaker 6: The same thing. But remember again, you can't.
Speaker 4: Just walk in somebody's house in the middle of the night and think it's okay. You can't just walk into this country and think it's okay. And it's not gonna work.
Speaker 6: People have had enough. They're tired, sheriff.
Speaker 1: And another thing for the residents of Butler County.
Speaker 2: I don't know how many millions of dollars the federal government's going to pay Butler County. But isn't it a benefit not just to the citizens of Butler County when it comes to personal safety, which is important, but also when it comes to money in a sense, is this found money for the taxpayers of Butler County.
Speaker 4: Sure, this it helps pay for my local prisoners, my incarcerated local prisoners. Hey, listen, and they it's it's a benefit to all of us, and it benefits getting these people out of here.
Speaker 6: I don't look.
Speaker 4: When they asked me, Bill, hey, these people commit no different crimes than the local people do. And I said, that's correct. But I don't need these other countries dumping their trash over here in Butler County or the United S States to commit crimes. And hell, if I could deport some Americans from my jail, I would, but no country would take them.
Speaker 6: Bill.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: In fact, right now, according to the Trumpster I watched an hour ago his first Cabinet meeting, they were going to build thirty thousand beds in Guantanamo to house illegal criminals to deport them. Now they're not going to do it because of self deportation. And secondly, they're flying directly to their host country citizens who commit a crime in this country. And even the Trumpster now has Venezuela and Colombia sending their jets to pick up their criminals and transport them back to Caracas and back to Bogatah, where they came from. That's unbelievable. And so and I'm watching NBC Nightly News not reporting that kind of stuff either.
Speaker 6: I bet look forty forty different countries.
Speaker 4: Right off the bat, they're sending them back. We're living in something. Remember he's been here less than thirty six days. That's how long he's been putting it seems like five years.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, and the ice people are moving so fast. They have Behi people. Let's hey, they've just been in those jobs a short time and listen, it's just going to take a while, but we're going to get it done. And I'm going to be right on the razor's edge with it, I promise.
Speaker 2: And about two men's remaining sheriff, that's going to be a delicate issue. Because I head on David Yost about two weeks ago. He's a good man, the attorney General. I like him a lot. And then I head on Viveke Ramaswami on Monday, and he is a rock star in front of the crowd. He had two thousand show up there in Westchester. You did not appear with him, and your guys are there for security or whatever. But you're going to be in the middle of this thing. At some point, whether it's Yost or vivike Ramaswami, they're going to come up to Sheriff Richard K. Jones and say who do you support? Butler County is a terribly important Republican county. If you made any selections at this point between David Yost and vivike Ramaswami, sure I did.
Speaker 4: I made that selection a year ago. I supported and still do mister Yost, who's the Attorney General. I made that commitment a year ago when Levet wasn't in it and Hellett was Houston and mister yos So no.
Speaker 6: I made that.
Speaker 4: Commitment a year ago, So I'm still there with that commitment. O.
Speaker 2: Lastly, whoever the nominee is of the Republican Party, I assume you'll support that person and the voters will decide that sometime like in April of next year in the primary. Now, lastly, do I have it right, Sheriff that there's two county jails in the region to house ice detainees. That's Boone County and Butler County. All the other sixteen counties could jump in if they wanted to, but Boone County stepped up. Butler County stepped up to do it and the other ones have not. Do I have that correct? There's two counties, and ice jurisdiction is as complete in Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio as it is anywhere else.
Speaker 1: So are there only two facilitators?
Speaker 4: No, there's another one. I think Seneca County. I'm not for sure. I think they house seventy inmates, if I'm not mistaken. They were housing thirty, and then when we got out of the business, they went up to seventy. But we're going to go up to as much as three hundred if they need it. So we'll be the largest facility in the state of ohonan if not that, we're surrounding states housing icey tamings.
Speaker 2: Do you know when this interview is going to air on NBC Nightly News is a dateline? You know what's going to air? I'd love to watch that.
Speaker 4: They basically said, could be tomorrow, could be the next day, could be a week from now, don't up.
Speaker 6: They're moving rather.
Speaker 4: Fast, and depends how fast and what's going on in the United States. So they've got five people here they'll be working it. And I've been with them for two hours and I'm going back, probably do another two hours for probably a short second, probably.
Speaker 2: Come out to like ninety seconds, and the interview you for hours. Pick out the pieces of the interview that fits their prejudice and ignore the rest.
Speaker 1: You know, you know how that game is played.
Speaker 6: Hey, I've been there before.
Speaker 1: Man, Now not your first roadie. All right, Richard K.
Speaker 2: Jones, you're the best, And once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show and Sheriff.
Speaker 1: You're a great American.
Speaker 6: Thank you, my friend.
Speaker 2: All right, let's continue with more news and more coming up at your home of the Reds. By the way, Reds Baseball starts about two thirty five today at your home of the Reds. News Radio seven hundred WULDERB