Speaker 1: I just want to slap him to death. I hate him so much.
Speaker 2: Brash Taunter. I hope he lands right on the lens well like.
Speaker 1: In the Ring, and then people are gonna pause the recording because it's spooky season, right, and the flies wingless to twitch just a little bit, and the fly will come to life and fly around also like in the Ring.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Cecio Bree Show for episode four sixty one, for sixty one for sixty one, we are here and we have confession no show notes today from your good friend Ryan.
Speaker 1: He's flying by the seat of his pantaloons.
Speaker 2: I have the standard like stuff that we go over. Oh yeah, but Brando's topic. We've got a guest today. If you can guess who he is, you can get entered into the booster pack game. But you'll never fricking guess.
Speaker 1: No, we have to give hints. We talk about him sometime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we sail freaking shitty he is. He lives.
Speaker 1: We hate him here somewhere. Well, that's that could be literally anybody, Yes, that could be anybody.
Speaker 2: That we know. Yes, that's right, and we don't hate him. But he was on an episode of Sidewalk Slam.
Speaker 1: Allegedly, allegedly allegedly, we don't know if.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so maybe.
Speaker 1: He'll be on a future episode of Sidewalk Yeah.
Speaker 2: I want to. I wanted to pick your brain about that a little bit. And and you don't have to answer now, but I.
Speaker 1: Kill you first. Yes, but Jesse, I will put an end to you.
Speaker 2: But Jesse's coming. I specifically invited Jesse because you hate him.
Speaker 1: I know, but I realized the tactic and I'm not being fooled Ryan.
Speaker 2: Does that mean you hate me?
Speaker 1: No? Oh, it just means I want you to lose every episode of Sidewalks Lam until season three, then you can maybe win again.
Speaker 2: Well that's that's what I was gonna ask you. Okay, So we're in the damn studio now again allegedly because we're somewhere. Do we call this one season three? Because we had a big gap because we transitioned into the new studio and then a month ago we were gonna record and we didn't because my leg Now, do we call this season three and use the new tech and the new green screen and the new ceiling camera and call it season three and have Uncle Brando's gimmick imporium opened up to be something new.
Speaker 1: Nope, it has to be the season two season finale.
Speaker 2: Oh, but it's the first one. This doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: It's the season two season finale because we had the episode recorded before and we lost it were redoing it. So we're gonna show off all the new digs yep, and then we'll be back for season three in the studio with the next one.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's how it works.
Speaker 1: It's like an attack on Titan. We s Titan squished that kid's whole head and all his teeth pop out, and then they that's like the end of the episode. Oh and you gotta wait like five months for another one to come out. Oh, you probably don't remember that. Hey there's people out there that know what I'm talking about. Yeah, Thomas knows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, he's a nerd.
Speaker 1: He's a Nerdi on TV.
Speaker 2: So okay, we've got we've got a topic procured by yourself and Thomas. We gave, we gave it away. Who's here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did, we suck. Ah, maybe everybody guessed before we said the name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 1: That's the freest guest we've ever got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's the first time we've ever done that. Really, I think that's the first time we've ever given something away. We're off our game, no show notes. See yeah, Gus, I guess we've got a new We've got a show topic procured by Thomas about I'm gonna say budget builds. But it's not just about budget builds. It's about learning new ways to do things. And what I really liked as we were texting last night and as I was thinking about it more, I was like, Man, everybody talks about budget. We talked about budget before, blah blah blah. What what's gonna make it special and memorable for people? And you came up with an idea new ways to do things, and I'm excited. That's what got me thinking about Sidewalk Slam season two, season finale, finale, hyper finale. We've already recorded it, and then season three. New ways to do things and we've got a bunch of new tech that we can play with and I would love in the comments, maybe this is how you get entered in. Since you know we have a guest and his name's Thomas, maybe you get entered in by telling us what sort of things you like to see in Commander gameplay or Magic gameplay or CCO videos like I've got plans for a little bit of like recording or green screen cutaway cutaway gigs like post game that can be edited into the game. And we've got access to multiple camera angles and ceiling cameras and tables and sets and lights. I just want to make it a little bit more if every season we kind of upgrade. What is the thing that people want to see? What is the thing that you want to do? Where could my new gimmick be nude? Nude? Commander naked?
Speaker 1: Nah man? Because next season three is gonna be recorded over the winter.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's a zero.
Speaker 1: Percent chance I'm gonna come in here with no clothes on in.
Speaker 2: The winter because you're cold, not because you're ashamed.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I have nothing to be ashamed of.
Speaker 2: No, instead of looking like three popcats stacked on top of each other, it would only look like two yeah or one tall boy beer can, like those big seven to ten suckers. Yeah, that's what you drink when your when your wife says only one drink tonight, I drink what else? Big ones? Tall boy freaking limping around, one crutching a tall boy. I look like the homeless guy downtown.
Speaker 1: Which one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. You ever been to downtown Saskatoon, mind you? Downtown everywhere is like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's It's just the way of the world. Hopefully things will get better in the future. Yeah, okay, things can only get better. Listen, you bunch of fucks. Things can only get better. All right, let me have this one.
Speaker 2: This, This is positivity with Uncle Branda. The more you know, it rarely happens.
Speaker 1: So give me a break. I walk in here saying, man, I wish an asteroid would hit me, And here I am saying that things can only get better.
Speaker 2: He actually did. That's a real he actually did. Hey, and we'll mention this on the show. But I told you, yes, I'll tell everybody who's watching the pre show. The house for CCO Experience Calgary booked, Oh yeah, booked. Yes, we and we're gonna have three vehicles, which is more than we normally have.
Speaker 1: Is one of them a van and we can all pile into the van like your clown car, and then we can.
Speaker 2: No, No one is Granny car. That is my car. One will be I assume Peter Procops car or truck.
Speaker 1: Because you drive a van.
Speaker 2: And then one I think will be Brad's vehicle, and maybe my cousin maybe maybe maybe she has a van. I don't know. Oh oh, and I forgot to tell you. Okay, Peter doesn't drink because you don't need to drink to come to experience. Everybody's welcome. You just have to not be a dick. And we thought up a new nickname for him because he's the d D and his initials are PP, so he's PP the d d oh Man. I have to be the only one that thinks that that's funny. Yes, I like how everybody thinks that that's more funny than how funny I think PP the DD is dix oh Man. So anyways, that's that's all. I that's a little update. We're going to talk about the CCO experience on the show for a couple minutes. Of course, we're going to talk about budget and new ways to do stuff.
Speaker 1: And it's not just a new way to do stuff, but it's not just a budget build. It's something that you can take out into your own community, especially at this season, and maybe use it to like raise some money for a good cause. That's what we're doing.
Speaker 2: Yes, And that's why we're having Thomas on. We're going to talk about some charity stuff and hopefully encourage the community to do all of the stuff that that they should be doing. Anyway, So I didn't have a whole bunch of like, I didn't have a topic coming in here. Usually, at least lately, we've had a topic that we touched about. Hey, did you hear about the bands?
Speaker 1: Wait more?
Speaker 2: Look up? Banned this time? No? What we do? Man? I hope it was sol ring? Oh gee, what about my investments? I only have seven hundred sol rings at home. We played a fun game at the Coachman Licensed Beverage row the other day and it was which card would you unbanned? And the option is two different cards and you have to discuss which one you would unban. Thomas, were you there for that? You were still there? Okay? So I said, like primeval Titan or the.
Speaker 1: Uh sundering Titan?
Speaker 2: Noan Silvin Primordial? Which one would you unman? If you had to unban one? Let us know in the comments? One yep, there was upheaval, upheaval and sundering Titan.
Speaker 1: And upheaval was the one that stays banned. For the record, it's always Upheaval.
Speaker 2: Peole or Sundering Titan. Balance, And what was the one I juxtaposed against Balance? Uh? Do you remember?
Speaker 1: I don't remember. I just remember the Balance was the one that we decided we should.
Speaker 2: Probably Balance was unbanned, and then Balance like moved on to the next round and was like what about this one? And Balance still got unbanned. So I guess again, let us know in the comments, would you unbanned Balance or Upheaval Sundering Titan or Upheaval Primetime Sylvan Primordial.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see anybody in the comment saying they're gonna unbanned up Evil Okay, I don't want to see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a there was a bunch of really good conversation and and then it was like comparing Coalition Victory to Happily Ever.
Speaker 1: After there was a bio rhythm.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, bio rhythm. Yeah, bio rhythm or Upheaval yep, right, because like.
Speaker 1: It was bio Rhythm or Coalition victory. Because both of those I win cards that costs like a thousand and require hoops.
Speaker 2: I like I like Balance and bio rhythm. I like that comparison, because they both to require somebody to have nothing or to have one thing and then all go to that amount except biorhythm like costs nine and balance costs two. Right, Oh, it's true. Oh, here's a good one. Here's a good one. Would you unban primetime or dock side dockside docs?
Speaker 1: Because I have more dock sides in my house.
Speaker 2: And everybody's like, no primetime hash just day ban unbanned dockside recency bias, I think. But if you think of like I blink doc or I abuse the ETB on primetime to get two or four lands at six mana Right, well, if you're blinking.
Speaker 1: Over and over again, you probably aren't really worried about.
Speaker 2: Man yeah exactly. But if you're not, and and it's like, do they serve the same function and dockside at two giving you two or more mana versus primetime at six giving you two manna like hard stop? If you're not blame Kingdom, well it's.
Speaker 1: All you're also getting more than two man out of a primetime as well. But that's another.
Speaker 2: How oh because when he attacks, well or you get an ancient tub oh yeah, see, and this is why it's a conversation.
Speaker 1: And coffers right, like there's there's all sorts of things you can do to make more man out or get more utility. We've we've talked on the show about how some utility lands can be really really strong.
Speaker 2: Yes, and a lot of decks O news flash, Commander cook Out. First explosives are good.
Speaker 1: Who knew? But like Primetime opens up a lot of doors that I think there's recency bias and then whatever not recency biases. I feel like I people don't think about the things that Primetime could could do hypothetically in a situation like now where there are so many good utility lands. Yeah, I'm not saying he's too good and should stay banned, but I understand.
Speaker 2: Why he's We're playing the game if it was Dockside or Primetime, you say unbanned Ockside because you have them. But also you made some good point against my like I'm just using it to get freaking stupid manna. Yeah, you're not getting two forests in which probably exactly in which case Primetime you could make a case for being better. But if you were getting two forests like your herb DRP new guy, that opened up a booster pack that just started playing two weeks ago, and you got a dock side in a prime time and it's like, oh, I'm going to play these in my deck. Just play gro playing both. Yeah, just don't play Commander.
Speaker 1: Now you can play He's Primetime isn't banned in Dual Commander? Oh yeah, yeah, so one on one.
Speaker 2: You can play Canadian Highlander. You could probably play him. He's probably appointed card though.
Speaker 1: Hey I would imagine, so I think, so, can you play Cockslide in not Dual Commander for sure, but maybe a Canadian Highlander?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know. Man, we should we should play that more, but not fun.
Speaker 1: I don't want to. Oh I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't want to. You know what I want to do.
Speaker 1: The only format that I'm gonna build a deck for specifically is this one. We're gonna talk about tomorrow. And that's that's it.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, I got an idea, and you'll actually like this idea.
Speaker 1: I probably won't, but I'll try. No, you will, No, I bet you?
Speaker 2: Is there beer? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'm on board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there actually is. Okay, So Commander Cube Okay, you hate it already.
Speaker 1: I already hate this idea.
Speaker 2: Okay, the worst idea. We pretend we're gonna play Commander Cube.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Yeah, I'm on board.
Speaker 2: And then after we play, after we don't play Commander Cube, we take the booster packs that we would have drafted to build Commander Cube decks play Open Flippy with them. Yeah. I love Open Flippy Cube because every card is like a conversation. Is this one better? Is that one better? Like when I got blasted when we invented Open Flippy. I got blasted for taking a sword of Fire and Ice because it was in the same pack as a batter Skull and I just drafted a stone Forge Mystic, and it's like, which one's correct for my deck? Which one's more powerful? And most importantly, who drinks? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well you probably did because you took the Fire and Ice over the batter Skull? Right.
Speaker 2: Oh hey? I didn't lose any games when we actually did play, though we only did play one round.
Speaker 1: He played one game.
Speaker 2: I did cast the stone Forge, two or four the Fire and Ice, and I did win the game.
Speaker 1: Were they playing blue or red? The card advantage in the shock just so good keeping by the shock doesn't kill anything anymore, barely kills.
Speaker 2: No, but it makes my It makes my one one, my one two that had plus two plus two from the sword and shock. It made my one power guy hit for five.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: That's pretty and drew me a fricking card. It's it's pretty good. I think I was playing against Green White actually, and I think it was Smitty and no wonder I beat him. Yeah, that's all I got.
Speaker 1: That's all I got.
Speaker 2: That one. I like or like those two muppets.
Speaker 1: Which ones the ones in the What are their names again, Statler and Waldorf? Yeah, I can never I'm never gonna remember those names.
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 1: You just have to follow me around. So every time I want to talk about those guys, I can you know what?
Speaker 2: You know what whenever, whenever we do a laugh like that, I always think of then I hit the ball. That's what I think of. What do you you don't remember? Okay? For people in the in the Land of the Free and outside of Canada, what the hell? We love chili and tim Horton's and bread. As it turns out so much that that at tim Horton's they would bake these like loaves of bread and then they would cut they would cut them out, like hollow them out, and then they would put chili in them and you would order that. The gimmick the commercial was was Tim Horton's chili now in a bread bulll blah blah blah. And it's like this guy at this stadium, hey, Gary, and and he was like cheering for his sports team and then he was like yelling, yeah, Tim Marton's chili. Then I hit the ball and he's like doing this thing to pretend he's got this huge mouth. You don't remember that, No, that it took over the country, not my part of it, I guess. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: That was not good.
Speaker 2: So for sixty one, for sixty one, For sixty one, you're here with Brando, Ryan, producer, Gary, our friend Thomas, Margaret the dog wherever she is, and hit our theme song.