Speaker 1: Phone in.
Speaker 2: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 1: This is Clippers.
Speaker 3: Talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record, your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 2: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 1: Let me guess it's about Kawhi. Here we are and now here he is the host of your LA Clippers pre and postgame at follow Adam a Adam Osley.
Speaker 2: Clippers creating a little bit of buzz after a one forty three to eighty eight victory over the Charlotte Hornets where they have now won six of their last seven games. Welcome in to the Clipper Stock live from into It Dome. I'm out a Moslin. Okay, i'ming up. We'll get to your phone calls at eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy will also bring you some postgame audio from Coach Lou and the players after the Clippers just completely dominate and win by thirty five over the Charlotte Hornets, when the game where they led by as many as thirty eight. Here it into a Dome. There are times during a long regular season where I think a blowout victory like This isn't that helpful, doesn't tell you that much about your team. This is not one of them. This was necessary, This was needed. This validates what we've been seeing as of late from the Clippers. This confirms a lot of the good play that we've seen against better teams, and it carried over into what you would expect against a bad team who, by the way, just had an abysmal shooting night. Some of this is the Clippers defense. Some of this is the law of averages going against the Charlotte Hornets, because they hit twenty six to three pointers their last game against San Antonio, the record is twenty nine. Tonight, they went six of thirty three from the outside. So if everybody's saying Clippers luck hot shooting, the opposition always finds the bottom of the net against the Clippers outliers shooting. Not tonight, Not this time. This was the Clippers team being helped out by the law of averages going in their favor. Kind of a big deal. One of the reasons you get a lopside victory like this. The Clippers were good, they were very good. The Charlotte Hornets were also just miserable shooting the basketball. They shot thirty nine percent from the field and eighteen percent from three, and nobody scored more than eighteen points. That would be Mark Williams who had eighteen and fifteen. Meanwhile, the Clippers, I saw a lot of guys heating up at different times. It starts with James Harden, though that first quarter from James. We've seen it a lot this season. He has been the Clippers MVP. He has been that steady force for them, getting them set up on the offensive side, running the show, being a system, insade these system, he said, a system Harden got. Things started with the mid range sploater on the left elbow. Then it stepped back three, another floater, three from the far side. It's twenty to thirteen Clippers after they let I want to say, nine to two, and then it was tied up at eleven to eleven, and then they really pulled away. He had nan one down the left alley to make it twenty six sixteen and had fifteen points in the first quarter in the opening period, setting the tone. Not everybody else had it going. James Harden kind of said, I'm gonna be hot tonight. Don't worry about it. I'll start five of seven and two of three from the outside to get to those fifteen points. Clippers won the first quarter thirty two to twenty one. I also think we got some good stuff from Bogie near the second half of the first quarter when he came in early for Norman Powell. Welcome back Norm. He struggled, he was rusty. Doesn't matter. They need him moving forward desperately and they need him to catch a rhythm. More about that, but Bogie came in, had a little eurostep transition, bucket, then knocked down a three pointer. Didn't play heavy minutes, just nineteen, but had seven points three or four shooting one on one from the outside. Clippers in the second quarter ran into a little bit of trouble where at one point I believe they had missed six straight shots to start off the second But then Kawhi after starting zero three in this game, he missed a right elbow jumper over bridges early on the mellow went around a screen for a floater on him. He was short on a mid range shot. There was a transition played the other way. Second quarter, he misses a midi long. His first bucket was a fade away at the eight forty five mark of the second over Miles bridges, then another fade away over bridges, then Kawhi a straightaway three off a zoos screen made it forty three to thirty two. The Clippers were starting to pull away. Kawhi a layup in transition, a swooping layup where he got hit on the head by LaMelo Ball. No call, you almost hit him in the neck, it was. It was a pretty obvious one and Kawhi couldn't get the call. Didn't really sell it either. Did say something to the officials later. But the Clippers at the half, after getting eleven points in that second quarter from Kawhi, are up twenty four. So they outscored the Hornets in the first half by a point per minute to lead by twenty four. After the first twenty four minutes. It's sixty five to forty one Clippers at the half. James Harden has twenty three. He had eight more points in that second quarter beats a zoobox. He's already had eleven in and five assists. Zuo was dishing out there. Kawhi had eleven, so make it he had nine points in that second quarter. Correction there not eleven had eleven points of the half, but after missing his first three shots, I believe he hit his next six out there. Kawhi was good, real good. There were some tough shots that he hit in the third quarter. First of all, got an easy one on a back cut free feed from James Harden to start the period. Then Harden hits a three. Then Kawhi hits a three. The Clippers are up thirty. Then he would finally miss. So from the span of the end of the second into the third quarter, Kawhi had hit six straight shots after missing his first three shots at the game, he finished nine of sixteen, so he went nine for his last thirteen to get his twenty three points. But it was really good to see. I often say this with Kawhi. It's like he's sighting the scope and the accuracy comes. Eventually he's a little bit wide right and a little bit wide left, and then he centers it and then he just can't miss. That's when Kawhi is at his best and just looks unstoppable and sees through defenders on those jump shots. But there's not much more important to this Clippers team than Kawhi. Leonard obviously looking like himself. We've been talking about this for a while, and I thought tonight was another step in the right direction. Twenty three points in just twenty seven minutes. He also had five assists. The Clippers almost assisted on seventy percent of their made field goals. They had thirty assists to forty five made field goals, thirteen of twenty six from the outside. They're shooting fifty percent from three, and Kawhi was three or four. So we've been watching that. How do his legs look from distance? From deep? Does he have the lift we did tonight? It just took three shots to get him out of his system and then he centered the scope and then he was on target. That is a dangerous version of the claw. Now, I'm still gonna say his play has been somewhat up and down, and I need to see more, but he is trending in the right direction. If you look overall of the numbers in March from Kawhi Leonard and his averages, I believe he was averaging twenty three coming into this ballgame in March twenty four. I think that's now included on his ESPN game log. But he's played seven games in March. He had thirty three, his highest scoring game, that second game against the Lakers twenty one against Phoenix, where he looked I think even better than he did against the Lakers. That dunk he had on Nick Richards was probably the most explosive play he's had this season. I thought through the first three quarters, remember the Clippers were up by twenty three, that was the best he had looked. Then he struggled a little bit at times against the Knicks, twenty points on six of eighteen shooting, struggled against the Kings till he hit the game winner seven to nineteen against seventeen points against New Orleans. I thought he looked really good for three quarters, but he wasn't aggressive in the fourth, still finished with twenty nine. Clippers lost that game, though to a hot shooting, hot shooting Pelicans team, and then he played with a much more force in pop against Atlanta. I would say with his twenty five points on twenty one shots, but I like seeing him get up twenty one shots, and he had a couple of really spectacular layups, but he was just one of four from three in that game. Well tonight he goes three or four at twenty three points in twenty seven minutes, so he was on his way to a thirty spot, but the Clippers were up by thirty. He didn't need to play much good to see. I think this helps their confidence knowing that, Okay, we're dismantling teams. We're getting back to that point where we're handling bad teams the way we should in just annihilating the Charlotte Hornson. This game fourth game this season where the opponent was held under ninety points. Hornets at eighty eight second lowest opponent three point percentage on the season at what eighteen percent? The low would be Sacramento win seventeen point five percent from three against them back in November and then it was their season high and offensive rebounds was seventeen the Clippers. They had seventeen second chance points off those seventeen offensive rebounds. There were times where Charlotte was getting multiple offensive rebounds. They had one possession where they had three opportunities in the first half, but the Clippers got three stops. They ended up with eleven offensive rebounds. There's really no area where the Clippers were glaringly bad. They had just ten turnovers, and guys, I've been telling you they have cut down on the turnovers in a big way post All Star Break, where they have been averaging around twelve per game. So while they have been struggling in some areas and losing ball games out of the All Star Break, there was this dirty little secret that you know, they're getting better taking care of the basketball. Now, if you can marry that with some better shooting from the outside, is the Clippers. You know, we're struggling at times from three, while other teams coming out of the All Star Break we're knocking down everything, then they could be in business. So now we're starting to see what happens with a Clippers team that offensively is playing better and they're still taking care of the basketball. Really good to see James Harden just two turnovers, seven assists. Now, he did have six last game against Atlanta, but all six came in the first half. Second half zero. What happened? They blew him out in the second half. Atlanta is a better basketball team than the Hornets. Obviously, Hornets are in seems like a perpetual rebuild. Michael Jordan not the best talent evaluator. I don't think he's a minority owner anymore, but responsible for some of the lack of talent, but look, they've also had a ton of injuries this season. You know, Brandon Miller breaking his wrist. I think it was was a tough blow for them. Grant Williams, I think tearing his acl was tough. So while they're rebuilding, they're also having these difficult injuries to work through. And the bright spot has been LaMelo at times, but he's inefficient, I think mostly because the team he's on. Miles Bridges had been playing really well though. I think he'd been averaging thirty over the last couple of weeks, and he was completely held in check to just seven points tonight, and the Melow just had sixteen on five of eighteen shooting. Bridges just took ten shots and was three of ten, one of seven from three. This is the game where you have to say, to some degree, the law of averages played in the Clippers favor with a hot shooting team that maybe got all that hot shooting out of their system against San Antonio, because tonight they were ice cold for three six of thirty three. When they're coming off a game where they hit twenty six threes, it might've been a franchise record. Obviously, it was a season high for them. I mean the all time record twenty nine. They hit twenty six trees. That's crazy. Clippers win one twenty three to eighty eight over the Charlotte Hornets. Hear it into a Dome. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back. We'll get to your phone calls at eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy I'm outa Moslin and you're listening to AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 3: Throws it up the window finishes in the fowl Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 1: This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers. Take us with you on the Ihearts radio app.
Speaker 2: Clippers with a decisive victory over the Charlotte Hornets. Here at into a Dome one twenty three to eighty eight is your final welcome back in I'm out of Moslin. This is Clippers sock here on seventy LA Sports. Eight six six five nine is the phone number giving out that one for KiB eight six Demetrius in La Demetrius. What's up here on clipper stopt for that am auzl Hi Demetrius.
Speaker 4: Adam, I love cooling the game, and I love Casey and the sunshine. Ben Man, you you got a lot of rhythm going here. Uh, it's just amazing. Long time. I don't think I spoke to you in a couple of weeks for expenish few games. Very excited. It seemed like you've been a coach, Adam, because you you hit right on the money when we talk about big zoos, you've been. You got the receipt. And I keep hating to keep bringing up Big Zoo because of the phenomenal job that he's been doing and we've been talking about give him acclimated in the game. He makes the game much easier and then also it gives him a ton a ton of a ton of credit moving forward, especially going forward into the play I just love what this team is doing.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: The elite defense is showing up. We talked about all four players now welcome back Pow. All four players been in double digits. I think that's what I wanted to speak to you about, is that now we have four players going into the playoffs in double digits. With the bench that we have, with the defense playing eleat defense, I think we're going to be in a real serious situation here, and I think moving forward, I think we got about what fourteen games to go. I'm hoping we can go eleven and three, twelve and two. I know it's a push because of the back to backs, but I truly believe that, Adam, we got something going here. What do you think.
Speaker 2: To me? Jeers? I appreciate the phone call. I'm with you. I like the way they're playing defensively the last three games, holding the Heat to one oh four, holding and to ninety eight, now holding the Charlotte Hornets to eighty eight points. It looks like they're getting back to their defensive principles and getting back to that defensive intensity on that end that we saw early on this season throughout the majority of the season, but they haven't been as good the last month or so on the defensive side. That's really encouraging to me. And then if you can merge that great defense with them having more talent on the offensive end, with Kawhi being back and now norm being back, that's how, all of a sudden you get to a place where this Clippers team can be extremely dangerous and looked like what we had hoped to see early on with Kawhi, which is a team that's a top five defensive team, and then can they get to be in a top ten offensive team when Kawhi is back. Well, they have been better as of late on the offensive end. They have won six of seven. It's starting to trend that way. I know, you guys can't hear the audio. I'm not into a dome. You can never hear the audio when I bring up callers, unfortunately from Burbank what I'm here, I know it's a problem, but I'll just try to transcribe some of what our callers said. Demetrius, he's asking about how I feel about the Clippers, how I feel about him right now. He's hoping they can go eleven and three the last fourteen games of the season, and the state of the team right now. They're in a good place, but they're entering the eye of the storm. And the schedule also the Clippers this week, it's not just the Cavaliers on Tuesday, but then Friday you're taking on Memphis and then Sunday you're taking on the Thunder. So this is a four game homestand after that three and one road trip they just came back from and they'll head back out for an East Coast road trip, so three tough games coming up, which is why getting guys read and reacclimating somebody like Norman Powell in a game like this where you you know, didn't have to play high intensity, late clutch time basketball and have guys with tired legs going into that game against the Cavaliers was so important. And Colord Demetriz brought up Norman Powell as well. Good to see him back. There was something interesting that happened in the second half. Norm started the game, as we expected, he didn't start the second half, so he starts the game with the starting lineup of Kawhi, DJ Zoo, Norman Powell, and James Harden. That starting lineup has one of the best net ratings in the league. They haven't been able to throw it out there enough because of injuries going on, but that starting lineup with DJ in there next to Norm, next to James Harden next to Kawhi next to him each a Zubots has been elite of the elite. They've been incredible this season and I was interested to see interested to see which way coach lou was going to go with Norm back. I expected him to be in the starting lineup, But who would be that fifth guy? Would it be Nico? Would it be Chris Dunn? But he's out tonight unfortunately Leftnie sore on us again coming out of the game against Atlanta. So DJ gets the start, and it made a lot of sense to me because the net rating has been that good, so harden Kawhi, Norm Palabats Zubas, Dereck Jones Junior. They have and I don't think this includes tonight's minutes, but it might. I doubt it. They have an offensive rating of one twenty six point eight and a defensive rating of one oh one point six. That's a net rating of twenty five point two in one hundred and seventy four minutes, and for a while in this may still be true. Of lineups that had played one hundred and fifty minutes, they had the best net rating in the league. I'd have to double check on that, but at worst it's near the very top. So it makes sense for DJ to be the fifth guy. It makes sense to start Horn Pal, who's been their leading scorer on the season. Some people were saying, oh, is Norm really gonna start? Why would he not start? He's averaged twenty four per game, but in the second half, Coach Lou started Nikopatoom. Now I'm looking for postgame audio from Coach Lou about that, but I think it was to get him one long stint from the midway point of the third quarter into the first half of the fourth quarter where he wasn't coming in and out off the hamstring, and he could get more time with some of the others and role players out there. That's just the rest of the starters who he's more familiar with. Anyways, I think that was the point, because if you started him in the third quarter, he might only play the first eight to ten minutes of the third and then his knight's done, and he hasn't played much with the guys in the second unit in some of his new teammates with Ben Simmons, with Bogie, with you Banks, I think that's what they were doing. But we'll see. I'm interested to hear from Coach low about that. Is it something where he's gonna be tinkering with the starting lineup. I just don't see how you take Norman Powell out at this point with how good of a season he's had, where you can make the argument, I think he had a better year than Jay Dubb. He could have been starting, or he could have been an All Star over Jalen Williams. With the Thunder, Norm Spin, their leading scorer, their go to guy a lot of the season, and the efficiencies there, So you're gonna bring that guy off the bench? Does that make sense to anybody? Someone's pointing out Powell starting doesn't mean he A finishes or B starts every game of every series. I mean maybe, but he's been finishing before he was a starter. He was finishing games last season. Remember the Powell Rangers lineup their most devastating lineup. He has the best, some of the best clutch numbers, and the best fourth quarter numbers in the league the last two seasons. Norn Powell not even debatable, not even close. He shot like close to sixty percent from the field in fourth quarters last year and close to fifty percent from three and then before he went out with injury, he was around the same place in fourth quarters year with those percentages. So how do you not have that guy in, especially on a team that they've been great defensively even with Norm pal starting. What they lack at times is offensive punch play finishers on the offensive end. Norm fits in so well because he doesn't need the ball in his hands to cook. He doesn't need to play with the basketball or over dribble. He just gets it, shoots it, catch and shoot guy or off the dribble guy going to his right quickly to the basket. That's who Norm is. He doesn't dance much, he doesn't have a huge bag. You don't need to. So while Kawhi and James Harden are going io and if east the Zubats might back down his man like he did tonight against Musachia, Baze punished him. Norm is just quick decisions, quick actions out there that's perfect to fit next to this team with the way it's constructed. Clippers win by thirty five over the Charlotte Hornets. And while we have a moment, let's pause ten seconds for station identification. Here on a five seventy LS Sports, this.
Speaker 1: Is La Clippers Basketball AM five seventy KLAC Los Angeles, ninety seven kys R h D two Los Angeles, and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Harold in North Hollywood near on Clippers stock without a masa.
Speaker 6: You know what we call it, I see your your tone drops it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Not at all, Harold in North Hollywood.
Speaker 5: Let's go, hey, Anam, I want to say that Daniel is a nice guy. Is answered the phone and put me on Look, you know, Clippers aside, that was a big victory for.
Speaker 6: Against the Charlotte Hornets.
Speaker 7: You know where I'm going.
Speaker 6: The NBA has bigger problems, Adam, and nobody wants to address it. I talked to you, you'll go out there. The quality, the quality of the game is not when I'm used to watching.
Speaker 4: It's older.
Speaker 2: The game is better than ever. You just listen to pundits and analysts who are old timers that want to crap on the game all the time because it makes their era look better. I can't agree with you there, I can't. I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: That's okay.
Speaker 2: There are more. There are more tough shot makers in this league, guys who are more unguardable than ever. The forty eight points we just show from Shake Gilds Alexander yesterday in that game against Detroit. Some of the moves he made are just basketball god stuff, stuff that players in the past couldn't dream of doing. Incredible, untouched the.
Speaker 6: Game, Adam. The game has changed the three point play is great, but I think it's changed the quality these guys who shooting three is when it's so unnecessary and they're cranking.
Speaker 2: Because they make them, No, they make them way more than guys in the past, way more.
Speaker 6: What is per what's the percentage not the great ones like Curry and Alexander? What's the percentage of most of the players in the league on three point shots?
Speaker 2: Oh, league average is around thirty six percent, Harold, But what if I told you this? What if I told you the math works like this. If you're shooting thirty three percent from three, which is three percent below league average, that's the equivalent of shooting fifty percent from two. So even when you're not shooting it that well, it still is a decent shot.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, because it's worth.
Speaker 2: The extra point. It is the math. The math has unlocked a different style of play, Okay, Like instead of taking a lot of long twos like you used to see in the NBA, they're still ping back two feet and taking a shot that's worth a point more.
Speaker 8: Okay, that sounds that sounds cool, But what do we I saw the Suns today against the Lakers, and I saw the Hornets against the Clippers, it was almost unwatchable.
Speaker 2: Well what about last game where the Hornets hit twenty six threes? Like it?
Speaker 9: I could go the other way with it. I guess there are some games where well, in NBA history there it's a make or miss league. There are some games where you're on more than others. You can't expect perfect basketball every game, or just point to the bad games, Harold and say, see the game isn't as good as it used to be, or see this is unwatchable. It's like, well was it watchable when they knock down twenty six threes?
Speaker 10: What's your record?
Speaker 2: There are a bad league. But it doesn't They're not bad because they take threes. They're bad because they don't have the most talent and they have a bunch of guys bang.
Speaker 11: Up and banged up.
Speaker 8: I don't care if they hit them all in the line, if they couldn't win.
Speaker 2: That has nothing to do with style of play, Harold. There have always been bad teams in the league. I can give you bad teams from yesteryear too. The Charlotte Hornets are a bad team in today's league at seventeen and fifty.
Speaker 10: That's nothing new, But he just said they scored twenty six points the other day.
Speaker 6: They ain't scoring many points on threes.
Speaker 2: They said, hit twenty six threes the other day. Yes, tonight they did not. It's kind of a lot of hours things.
Speaker 8: Okay, Look, sure, I appreciate you.
Speaker 7: Let me talk.
Speaker 6: You're a good guy, Adam, and Daniels is a nice guy, and we're not always going to agree at him. But I respect your opinions.
Speaker 2: All right, I appreciate you, Harold. Thank you for the phone call. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back. Clippers win over the Charlotte Hornets by thirty five, with the final score one twenty three to eighty eight. Here at into a dome as they get ready to take on well the best team in the league, the Cleveland Cavaliers on Tuesday night. Right back here seven thirty. Tip pregame at six thirty. Madame oslin More clipperstock coming up next year. On the M five seventy, LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Throws it up the window finishes in the fowl Los Angeles Slipper Nation. This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers take us with you on the Ihearts Radio app.
Speaker 2: Clippers Love the Charlotte Hornets one twenty three to eighty eight with you for about twenty more minutes here on Clippers Talk Live from Into a Dome im Madam Moslin to eight six six ninety seven two five seventy eight six six ninety eight seven two five seventy is the phone number Clippers played a sound basketball game. The Charlotte Hornets have seventeen victories on the season. They're struggling. Is what happens when you have these two worlds collide. Where the Clippers are ascending right now, the problems not quite up the standings because there's two teams in front of them that refuse to lose, in the Minnesota Timberwolves and Golden State Warriors. But they are, as I've been talking about for a week now, pretty secure in that eighth spot. So at worst, I believe they're going to finish eighth, which would put them in a playing game between the team that finishes seventh, currently the Minnesota timber Wolves. They'd have to go out on the road if they're the eighth spot, though not easy. They've gone to Minnesota before for a playing game back in twenty twenty two and lost that one, but that was with Paul George. They have Kawhi. He looked very good overall, very efficient out there with his twenty three points in just twenty seven minutes on nine of sixteen shooting. After he missed his first three shots, he caught fire after that. Let's hear from one of my favorites, got cleanse the Palette, Lenny in Inglewood. Lenny, you're on Clippers stock without a most.
Speaker 7: Are you feeling what's saying?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 7: Listen?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 7: Great win you know they they put the smack down on them, which I'm glad, but you're not gonna like what I'm about to say, because here's the deal. The Clippers are finally Ryan the super Guard. They're finally coming in in the forum. But we have not been we have not beaten, okay, seeing about three years in about two three years like a serious what they had everybody, We had everybody. So these next three games we gotta go. I don't care if we drop the Grizzlies, because we already proved that we can get the Grizzlies, but getting into getting into Cleveland, getting it, getting into that stuff and then beaten okay, see, to me, are pretty much damn near MUSC wins. We gotta we gotta be able to show it to ourselves.
Speaker 2: That Cleveland and Okay see those are both must wins. You want the Clippers to show show.
Speaker 7: Say again, I need you.
Speaker 2: To see them beat Cleveland and Okay see.
Speaker 7: Yes to so to to really believe that we're there, or else I see another first second round, first round exit. I mean we got to. I mean Kawhi is back. And the thing I liked about Kawhi the last game was those five steals. That to me says a lot about his game because everybody knows that that in basketball to do you know, defense is effort, is effort, effort, effort, and the thing about you're gonna you're always gonna get effort with Kawhi, So if he's healthy, he's gonna give it to you. And it's contagious. You know, he gets to steal and it just it begins to you know, it's like begins to set off everybody. Everybody wants to steal, everyoneants to get into it. So to me, we got it. That's the most We gotta go. We gotta go to and one one and all in three is a questioned. But if we only beat one. I'm not happy with Dad's I'm not believing it. We gotta win. We gotta win two of these, man. And and the thing about it is that, like Ia so I saw this article.
Speaker 11: To day, we gotta be It's like, we can do it. We can still get that six spot if we get if we go to win one with these next three, the next three games.
Speaker 7: We'll be in that six spot. I know he will. But like I said, I.
Speaker 2: Don't even know if mathematically, I don't know if that's true mathematically. I gotta be honest with you, you know, gold to say it's thirteen and one or something like that with Jimmy Butler. Now they're not losing, yeah, I know, Yeah, Minnesota's not losing either. I think they've won eight in a row. So they need help. They don't control their own destiny. They need help.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm talking about for our confidence level. We have to beat we have to be some of the get we.
Speaker 11: Got we like I said, do we ain't beat Okay, see in like two years. That's not good.
Speaker 7: That's that's not a good son.
Speaker 2: They've been the best team in the West trade years. Now. I agree with you, man, We agree with you.
Speaker 7: All right. Well, like I said, well, I'm looking forward to the game on Tuesday and dial then and uh, you know, let's just go get it, man, I Dugs, I'm ready, man, I think all the fans are ready. I mean, they've done an amazing job this year. Van Gundy has just been a god man. I mean even Bogdanovich to talk about it to day, how he challenges you and brings the best out. I hope he stays with him another year. Lubok is a definite eighteen eighteen twelve players, so he's right there where we need him. And I mean it's there, man. We got all the pieces we need, and we got still got the best coach, one of the best coaches in the league. And like I said, we gotta go to in one, man. We have to go to in one.
Speaker 2: All right, Lenny. It's a high standard, but I get it. If you want to feel like you're a contender, you got to beat the top team. So it makes sense. Appreciate it, Lenny. Clippers win by thirty five here adding to a dome over the Charlotte Hornets, Lenny and Inglewood saying he doesn't care if they lose a Memphis because they beat him twice already. He's confident against them. I am too. In a seven game series, it's the ideal matchup in the first round. Of course, to get to the first round series, they're probably gonna have to win a playing game. It's them then Houston. To me, those are the top two teams you want to see. But to Lenny's point, they haven't beat the game they did win. You know what, they did have one victory against OKC where both teams were pretty fully loaded. That was last season at Staples at Crypto where Kawhi had the block on SGA late and it was a measuring stick type performance. It was late December, early January, measuring stick performance. A couple of them coming up, starting with Cleveland Tuesday night. Yeah, if you want to believe this team is for real and can beat anybody in play with anybody, they got to prove it. The regular season matters. How you play against them now matters, and it would give them a ton of confidence if they could beat Cleveland and okay, see this week they get them at home. I think that would change a lot of Clippers fans' minds. I mean, there's many people who have been doom and gloom, and they only show up in the chat when the Clippers lose, and they haven't been shown up as of late. And I think it's because the Clippers are starting to prove them wrong. They've won six of seven, they're not folding on the season. Their defense is coming back, their offense has been playing better. You merge those two things during business. But we'll see Tuesday night, big test against the best team in the league. I don't believe Carlo was bringing this up earlier that Cleveland has lost two games in a row this season, and they just lost to Orlando tonight at home. So they're gonna be hungry. They're gonna be up for that ball game. I think Evan Mobley rested today. It's probably playing back in SOCl former Trojan, I'd expect them to be playing. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back. We'll get back to your phone calls. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Clippers win by thirty five. Here into a dome over is struggling Charlotte Hornet's team. But the Clippers are now won six to seven, and it could have been seven in a row. You know the game they lost in New Orleans where the Pelicans hit eighteen threes and shot fifty five percent from the outside, their best three point percentage of the season. The next two games they shoot ten percent from three. Clippers luck But tonight the Charlotte Hornets, coming off a game where they hit twenty six threes, only hit six total tonight and shot eighteen percent from three. So goes both ways. More Clippers next journey in five seventy. LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Throws it up the window finishes in the.
Speaker 3: Fowl Los Angeles Slipper Nation. This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers, take us with you on the Ihearts Radio.
Speaker 2: AIP Clippers blowout the Charlotte Hornets a decisive victory. Here at into its home. Welcome back. I'm at a Maslin Clippers one twenty three, the Hornets eighty eight. As the Clippers prepare for bigger fish to fry. They got the Cleveland Cavaliers coming in best record in the league, but they lost today. They're gonna be even hungrier. They're fifty six and eleven. I don't believe they've lost two games in a row all season long. I should double check on that. But coach Lou postgame called this a professional victory by the Clippers, you know, a taking care of business type of win. You have a BA team coming in they've only won seventeen games. Okay, Cleveland did lose back to back games once, and they lost them to the same team, the Atlanta Hawks back in November beat him in back to back games. They beat him in Cleveland, then they beat them in Atlanta. Actually, is this true. They've lost three in a row before for a team that only has eleven losses. It's a little bit surprising. Oh, I'm glad I checked. Then they lost three in a row in late January at Houston at Philly and then Houston at home. So it's not unprecedented for them to lose two games in a row the Cavaliers. But yeah, they're dominant. They moved the ball beautifully, beautifully. Kenny Atkinson has done wonders for their ball movement. They played great team basketball out there. Shack the other day said something like, what happens Donovan Mitchell get shut down? So well, I don't know. They have two other All Stars on their team. Guys don't even watch. It's a joke. It's a sick joke because they get paid to watch, but they don't watch. They have a lot of different ways to beat you. They wi embarrass you at times if you don't bring it. Let's go to Mike and La. Mike, you're on clipperstock with out of Maus and Hi, Mike.
Speaker 10: Hey, and I'm yes, this definitely was a professional win today. Two things I want to just mention. The first is James Harden. Every time, you know, I think well, maybe he's just done for the year, maybe he's just you know, worn out, he comes back and has a phenomenal stretch and that's what he's been doing and it's been great to see. The second thing this got, you know, really emphasized today, but it's been a thing for a bit now, I think is Zoo's passing. It is really good this year and it's been a big part of you know, or for be an even bigger part of our offense going Forwland.
Speaker 2: Zoo almost had a triple double in this game. Mike, you bring up a great point.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: He also had five turnovers, but he had eight assists to fourteen boards and seventeen points. But I honestly think he had to get more reps. They had to actually get him the ball more for him to gain this experience where he's being doubled all the time now and therefore he's had to become a better passer because of all the double teams and you're seeing the fruits of his labor.
Speaker 7: You aren't.
Speaker 10: I think that's going to be very important for the Cleveland game. I think, you know, getting Zoo involved and making sure that, you know, because Cleveland's got those bids, making sure that they have to work hard on defense, uh, and you know, maybe slow down the game a bit, munk it up a little is going to be very.
Speaker 2: Important against Cleveland on Tuesday.
Speaker 10: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cleveland Cavaliers, And I appreciate the phone call, Mike. I'm gonna have Bob Smid on our voiceover guy, imaging guy AM five to seventy and Fox Sports Radio and also the host of the Fear of the Fro podcast on tomorrow. But the Cavaliers have a historic offensive rating of one twenty one point five one twenty one point five. They're ninth in pace. Also, Clippers are twenty first, so contrasting styles, and Cleveland also has the seventh best defense, and that's dropped down a little bit as of late. They're so balanced, they really don't have any glaring weaknesses outside of Donovan Mitchell and Darius Garland aren't elite defenders and they're undersized, and you can go at that guy at those guys some, but they're still a top ten defense. You get by them, you gotta deal with the Twin Towers, with Mobley, with Jared Allen. They have so many ways to beat you, and a lot of it for them was just between the years where a couple of years ago they lost in that first round series the New York Knicks in a series they shouldn't have lost. They were the better team. Then last season it took them seven I believe to get out of the first round against Orlando. They've needed more experience. I mean, Jared Allen in that series or after the series against the New York Knicks said, I guess the lights were a little too bright, admitted it. Now there's expectations now. They have the best record in the league. They're the best non Lebron Cavaliers team ever. They're a tough matchup for anyone, but it's gonna tell us a lot about Aviza Zubats and how much they trust him in this game against those two bigs. How much is Vita Zubas going to be featured assuming Evan Mobley's play, I am how much are they going to let him go to work if he doesn't have it make the correct pass out of double teams? And I think he is better than Jared Allen. Evan Mobile is kind of a different beast because he can shoot. He's more of a modern big, But I would take Big Zoo or Jared Allen at this point. I think that's clear, but you still have to prove it. You still have to play like it. He's been playing like it all season season long, but in a head to head matchup, I want to see him perform. This will be his toughest test and the Clippers to make sure to rely on him, make him a focal point consistently. If you look at a Visa Zoobots and what he's done in the month of March in nine games, he is averaging twenty one and eleven on sixty six percent shooting from the field and getting up fifteen shots per game on the season, he's only getting up eleven shots per game. As of late, he's been getting the ball much more. He's been playing heavier minutes. There have been some injuries, Norm's back. Who'll get less shot attempts? A caller asked me how many he should get or somebody in the chat when the Clippers are healthy. I think he should get fourteen shot attempts per game. Honestly, he's too important. I don't know if he will. I doubt it based upon him only an averaging eleven point five. But he has to play to his size against guys that can match him, and he has. He has dominated some really good bigs. He dominated Triple J, He's dominated AD this season. He has met the challenge he's past tests with flying colors. I just know Tuesday night now it's not just that he's facing some good bigs, and two of them them. It's the best team in the league record wise. They, while losing today, have been running on all cylinders and have played more consistently at a higher level than anybody else throughout the majority of this season. The Cleveland Cavaliers. This is as tough as a guess. You get him at home, then you get him in Cleveland a couple weeks later. You gotta get a win against him. To quote one of our callers earlier, one of my favorites, Lenny Inglewood, like, show me something to get a lot of people to rally behind this team and believe again that if healthy, and this has always been the caveat all season, if healthy, you get Kawhi in a seven game series, you got a shot against anybody to still believe that. I think you have to beat some of these UBB Rachelon teams coming up. They beat Memphis twice, can they get at least one game against Cleveland? And okay, see if they get both, a lot of people will have their faith restored in this Clippers club. Kawhi's gotta be great too. I mentioned some of their weaknesses, like you gotta match up hunt with them, those two smaller guards. Kawhi's play has been from efficiency standpoint, a little bit up and down and just not at that level yet. I think we're twenty five games in with him this season where I can say, Okay, he's the same version of himself from last year. I can't say that yet. He hasn't been. He hasn't been as efficient as that guy was last year. Is he holding things back? Has he not fully flipped the switch or turned it on, turned it up. That could be the case, because I've seen at times that dunk on Nick Richards in Phoenix. I was like, whoa, Okay, that's prime Kawhi Leonard. We've seen it in spurts. He has been running and pushing it with pace more as of late. I've liked seeing that tonight after starting zero for three, he hits a mid range shot and then hit his next six. Couldn't miss that's last year's version of Kawhi, or he might miss a couple. Well, once he gets one to go, it's it's over. He's become super efficient. But you need your stars to perform. The Clippers have lost some of these close games as of late because their stars weren't good enough, or they didn't close against Phoenix, they didn't close well enough against the Lakers. They weren't good enough against New Orleans. I thought Kawhi was a little bit too passive a early in that fourth quarter. Their stars have to be better in the big moments. Against Milwaukee, even with Giannis Is off the court and a thirteen point lead in the fourth quarter, Giannis is off the court the last six minutes. Never should have lost that game. Now with Norm back and hopefully he gets you know, the knocks, the rust off in this game going three to thirteen, and it's just enough reps for him to get into a more comfort zone where his shots start falling against Cleveland immediately. He just needs to see a couple go right away, and I'm sure he'll be fine. He was moving well overall out there. He did hit a three pointer, but we don't know if Chris Dunn's gonna be available. He's day to day. I mean, that would be great. Sick him on Darius Garland or Donovan Mitchell's spider. Of course, Tuesday night, it is a showdown here for I think, a prove it type of game for Clipper Nation to see that, Okay, this team, the blueprints still out there. There's formula that if they're healthy, they can hang with anyone. Tip off from into a Dome Tuesday Night between the Clippers and Cleveland Cavaliers is at seven thirty pregame at six thirty. Before we get out of here. I do want to thank the Clippers organization. Ralph Lawler, Brian Seeman, Noah Ego, Carlo Jimenez on the call. We miss you, big bro, but thanks to David for filling in our head engineer here at into a dome. Daniel West, our head producer back in Burbank. The callers, the listeners, the chatters, love you all. We'll talk to you on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the La Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long, after every game.
Speaker 2: The volume is truly impressive, and.
Speaker 1: Make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 6: Clippers Talk Maybe