Speaker 1: These episodes coming today, we have Doctor Rahie, the anti aging doctor with us. Hello, Hello, and welcome to Private Talk.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for having on our couch. You know, this season is about changing it up and getting a knowledge about every kind of walks of like what's going on. You know, we need to educate everybody. So I'm excited for you to be on my couch. Let my Private Talk listeners know where we can find you, what we can what you want to talk about with us today.
Speaker 2: I'm a medical doctor based out of Beverly Hills and you can find me. My Instagram is at doctor Rahie MD and my website is www doctor Rahey dot com.
Speaker 1: Nice, so that's we can see you there and tell us a little bit more. I know that you you know, your approach about how you kind of get your your clients and things like that, it's kind of more unconventional of types. You've used social media as a big platform, you know, since you know the media is a big thing, and you know when social media, why not use that as advertising? Have you seen a big change in like numbers with clients when you went that route.
Speaker 2: I've actually since I started my practice, my private practice, I've always used social media as my meme form of marketing and so, and I think over the past few years, as my business grows, my social media grows, and they sort of go.
Speaker 1: Hand in hand.
Speaker 2: And I found it a very useful tool for my specific area of medicine.
Speaker 1: So do you find people just is it more because of a reference tool or do you do it because your work speaks for yourself there? Like how did you figure out that route of going that way? And kind of utilizing all those tools together.
Speaker 2: With how I figured it out, I think I just saw that that was the trend that businesses were taking, and I related easily with I use a lot more Instagram, a little bit of Facebook. I try to do Twitter, but I'm just that like motivated, Yeah, And I feel that if I overwhelm myself with too many you know, social media outlets, that'll be like too much work. So I focused really on Instagram and a little bit of Facebook. And I you know, I've always from the beginning, I've always thought that that was the route my business should be taking.
Speaker 1: Okay, So with COVID and everything going on, you know currently what you know has has it impacted your profession. What have you used or have to do to kind of like change and shift your business to keep it going throughout this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it definitely has impacted my business. At the start of COVID, I closed my office for about two months and I was doing telemedicine because a lot of the services I was providing was non essential. I do also do ivy vitamins, so I was doing a little bit of ivy vitamins, but may mainly telehealth. And then slowly we've reopened. But I've learned to adapt my practice to COVID for sure.
Speaker 1: Like that's kind of like what we've had to do too. You know, we took a time out because of all the safety precautions and now it's like we just do more testing and make sure that it's on you know, set or like around you is tested and things like that. So does your is it the declined as far as your your clients now or is it still a steady rapid of what you know?
Speaker 2: I would say definitely it has increased during COVID. A lot more people are open to doing procedures because they're wearing masks. We have more downtime too, Yeah, and so people have more downtime and everyone's on zoom, so they're analyzing their faces.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. So what exactly procedures do you do at your act your practice?
Speaker 2: I love, I do lots of different procedures. I My main top procedures these days are pedio threads. Have you heard of pedio threads or private talked?
Speaker 1: Now what that is? I kind of know a little bit, but not really. I feel like it's I know, I've seen friends kind of like lift the threads, like, yeah, exactly, it's like a non surgical facelift exactly, Okay.
Speaker 2: And I mean facelift. That term is used loosely because it's more about collagen stimulation contouring, and you're you're not going to get the drastic results you get with a facelift. But I like that because I like the more natural look anyways.
Speaker 1: So that's kind of more where I like the seames going.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, the trend of things going well, people are starting younger because you know, it's all about self care. So people are realizing that it is, and both genders are now participating more and more, and so aesthetics is heading towards more prevention and doing things that are easier outpatient, not surgical, to maintain their looks.
Speaker 1: It's actually kind of boosted your you know, your your industry. It sounds like, yeah, nice, So have you what is the ratio from men to women to getting like procedures, botox or any of those you've been doing?
Speaker 2: Maybe sixty forty?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: The two clients that I have that have gotten the most threads are males and they're both my friends.
Speaker 1: Nice. Do you kind of like suggest things to your friends or do they ask you to come to be like a guinea pig and be like, hey, can we do this? Or do you how does it a little bit of both?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's just a mixture. If you're my friend, you probably have had something injected in your face.
Speaker 1: Nice, can't be mad at that. You gotta take care of her.
Speaker 2: Even my parents, my dad, I still haven't gotten my brother, but everybody else in my family I've been able to get.
Speaker 1: So, what would you give it as an advice to like your younger self, knowing all the knowledge that you know about injectibles, all these like non evasive type surgeries, Like, what advice would you give yourself personally? And to my listeners out there.
Speaker 2: It's all about really good skincare because the injectibles are important in starting. You know, starting when you feel that you're noticing slight changes and starting minimally is better than like, you know, jumping in when you're forty five and needing more than one procedure at a time, like at the same time.
Speaker 1: Okay, have you ever treated anybody that has had like an addictive like personality to like the like cosmetic surgery where you've kind of had to be like, no, I don't think this is okay, Like or do tell us about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I can't give patient specifics, but you'll definitely see it in the industry that I'm in. You'll see people coming in and having unrealistic expectations or you know, developing an addiction to it just because you know, there's that satisfaction of you know, for example, when you get your lips done and they're like really plump, there's that satisfaction, and then they kind of die down after a few weeks, and then you want that like.
Speaker 1: Power again and you want more. It's just like you don't know when to stop.
Speaker 2: But I'm usually very cautious and if someone's going overboard. I definitely won't touch it.
Speaker 1: Do you suggest it? Like, how do you go about that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Do you just be suggested about it? Are you just you completely like deny doing anything for them?
Speaker 2: It depends patient by patient. So if I think that something else would be helpful, something more non invasive, I'll suggest that. Or if I think they just need to take a break, then I'll suggest that as well. And I've done all of those.
Speaker 1: What would you say would be the youngest patient you've ever had?
Speaker 2: I had a well, I've treated adolescens for acne, So I've done that and it's usually quite effective because I do a lot of micro needling because the younger you are, the more you're able to regenerate quickly. And micro needling is based on like your own bodies immune system regenerating, so that but for injectibles, they have to be an adult and it has to be within reason.
Speaker 1: So what age read would you say? Don't lie us here on private talp.
Speaker 2: For for for injectibles, I mean anywhere as like low twenties.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what about with the oldest.
Speaker 2: The oldest patient I ever had, I'd say, you know, somewhere in their seventies.
Speaker 1: What would do you think is like your what is your utmost like favorite procedure to do or just like treat you or do anything like that. I can do it all day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, My two most favorite procedures are the pdo threads and I like doing lip filler.
Speaker 1: So why are those two your favorites.
Speaker 2: Pedio threads is fun. It's a cool procedure to perform in itself. I like the techniques. It's just very interesting. How I can, you know, use this vector and then create a lift with you know, a unique vector and it's almost an art. And the same thing with flip filler, it's an art.
Speaker 1: Yes, I like that. I like everybody has their own niche and kind of like thing like with me. It's like in the entertainment. I like to entertain people, get to know people and know. That's so it's like it comes across differently. That's why it's like it's intriguing to see in different fields it's the same thing but in different matters like lip injection.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So, I'm sure you're a very busy woman. How is your dating life? Is it? You know? Is it hard to do these days? You know? The COVID's going to are you zoom dating? How is how tell private talk about that it's non existent? It happens, It happens. It's actually, yeah, it's non existent. Is it because of COVID or because of choice? Because, i mean, you're a very attractive lady. I'm sure you have lots of people in your DMS, You're you're big on social media, You're a doctor in Beverly Hills. You know, you have all these great accolades. I'm sure that's you have all these men knocking on your door. Honestly, I don't know. I feel just maybe uninspired and also COVID. So do you think that you're uninspired because of COVID? Just like I mean, everybody right now, it's a crazy time. Everyone's a little funk of things, you know, So it's like sometimes you're just gonna get out there.
Speaker 2: That's why I think I sometimes don't even know what I'm looking for because I'm like just uninspired by some of these guys out there these days.
Speaker 1: That's sad. I know, there's not a good choice. I mean I'm single myself, and dating is hard in general, and just you know, just and then you put COVID out there, and then it's just like what do you do now? You really get to know people, you know, all kinds of sides of people. But I feel like it's always also to you about like taking different steps and kind of you know, this whole thing has kind of slowed us all down and kind of redirected our lives and what's important to us and things like that. And that's why I ask, like the funk of COVID is sometimes you just got to go go on a zoom date. Girl. If I have to dating apps these days, you know what I mean, it's you know, it's hard to even keep up with.
Speaker 2: All the dating apps.
Speaker 1: Well's I got to pick one and so many just pick one. Yeah. So because you're, you know, a doctor in Beverly Hills, do you get a lot of like celebrity people that you have dated, have you? Or do you do a more just like an average any guy?
Speaker 2: Oh myself dating? You know, I hadn't dated for a while. I just got out of a relationship and that was not with a celebrity guy. But he was just some guy. And that's it. I don't I don't want to talk more about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough. I mean, there's always like maybe that's just why you haven't it. It's like the healing time. We need your time to do it yourself and kind of figure everything out and gets you out of that funk.
Speaker 2: I think I agree with you on that. And then you know, yesterday they put out those orders that like all restaurants in LA are going to shut down, So I'm like, damn it, like it's just going to isolate us more.
Speaker 1: That's true. That's why you know, we have to kind of change and adapt with the times of like either me myself, I was never a big face tim I've FaceTime more in my life the last I don't know kind of months, which is kind of cool because it's still the interaction where you don't lose that part of it, but it's also not a job. But it's like you got to make time for it, you know, And that's kind of like what you know, the whole shift in the world and change is like just we make time for what we want to make time for now. And you can't say I'm busy, Well what are you really doing? You're sitting on your couch watching Netflix. Put that down.
Speaker 2: Well, I've been working, true, but.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying the average people themselves. You know, your business, like you said, is booming right now, which is an amazing, you know thing, and there's so many people that are less fortunate that don't have, you know, or lost their jobs or how to take a maybe less time with their jobs. So those were you know, the masses of everything, you know, And there's times if we're always you know, myself, I've stayed busy with Private Talk just even just preparing for season two and you know, kind of seeing the direction and doing my homework. But there's also those times I'm on I'm watching Netflix. I've watched lots of series during this time, but probably more than I've ever have. But again, you need that downtime.
Speaker 2: We do, and I think we're all reallyzing that more and more that this downtime is so valuable for our health.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. So let us know again where we can find you on your social media, where we can follow you and see more of your work, and maybe some of my Private Talk listeners will and you go go into your private practice over there and get something done. I may have to go with myself.
Speaker 2: You want to come in, I will, You should come in.
Speaker 1: Well, I like to see it all. I mean, you, I myself. You know, I've dabbled, but I haven't really like gone all the way. But you know, I'm not a post anything. I mean, so that's kind of scary. I'm not gonna lie. A lot of I've seen I've seen pages and stuff and like so I known kind of what it was, but I didn't really know the terms of anything. But uh, it looks kind of scary a little bit.
Speaker 2: It's not that scary. We numb you pretty well, and I walk you through the entire procedure and you know, there's very minimal pain, and we have lots of different ways to ensure that you're comfortable, and you know, we walk you through the postcare too.
Speaker 1: Do you have a lot of clients that you like, I guess is more longevity why so you know, like a plan of what they're like routing and like you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I always recommend that to everybody actually, to when you're approaching your aesthetics, like your your own personal aesthetics, to come up with like a treatment plan and that way you can space things out because you know it can add up, but you know you still can achieve really nice results if you sort of space it out and then really like sort of put money aside for it.
Speaker 1: Is it. I know that there's also other reasons, not just for aesthetic reasons, but like medical reasons from like I've had a girlfriend when I was super young. Do it for like to stop sweating and like like headaches. It's like, is there any other like tricks out there that people should know that maybe they need to go and see you and go get some botox or whatever kind of treatment that could help.
Speaker 2: Well, there are studies to show that botox can help, you know, alleviate depression, and it also helps with sweating. As you mentioned, I do it all the time. So I like that approach because then I can say you're using less deodorance. These chemical deodorance that can you know, have been some studies have shown that they've been linked to certain cancers. So there's a lot of My work is a lot of like preventative and also like ensuring that you're healthy from the inside out. And that's really what I pride myself in because I merge the realm of esthetics with integrative medicine, and I sort of fuse that together so that it could help my patients like not just look good, but feel good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that. Is there anything that you've done why, like things that are like sexual enhancements or things.
Speaker 2: Yes, Actually, we have a few procedures where I can inject peer P into your G spot or your clotorus and that'll enhance like your orgasms. And then we also have this machine called the Votiva, which is a radio frequency vaginal device that helps tighten the inside of the vagina and the outside as well. It'll help increase lubrication to the vagina, it'll help tighten your pelvic floor, and it'll help decrease like it if you're prone. It's not just for sexuality, it's also you know, if you're prone to UTIs or used infections. It helps create a healthier vagina.
Speaker 1: So what is the actual treatment? Is it like a wand type thing or an injection? It's a one to one.
Speaker 2: Well, the PRP is an injection.
Speaker 1: So how many treatments do you have to use to do that? Like, how does that? How does that work? PRP?
Speaker 2: I'd say once a month at least three times a year. It depends on you know, if you're having lots of sexual dysfunction, and it depends on what your issues are, so that would be the minimum.
Speaker 1: And you know, and that's for to increasing your or your orgasm.
Speaker 2: And also more lubrication as well.
Speaker 1: Okay uh.
Speaker 2: And then the votiva is a wand and it takes about like honestly, like thirty to thirty minutes to do, and it's a one we go on the inside and the outside and it helps like tighten and lift and just like all these great benefits.
Speaker 1: You tried these yourself, yes, and you love them so you you swear by them.
Speaker 2: I think they're great. I think they're great. A lot of times women think that they need rejuvenation after delivery, and yes, that's true. But I think any women who's been sexually active would benefit from it because, as we you know, if our face is aging or vagina is aging, so naturally exactly what happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, as far as like you know, business and how you've kind of goetted your profession, do you have any advice out there for people get starting their own practice maybe or you know, trying to survive their business through COVID.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, surviving through COVID, trying to be adaptable. Unfortunately for some business businesses that's just not possible, and you know that breaks my heart, it's really sad. But I'd say trying to be as adaptable as possible, and for any like physician or anybody wanting to start their own business, my approach was starting kind of small and expanding as appropriate, not over you know, stepping my boundaries and like taking things and really educating myself in what I wanted to be practicing and really focusing on that, and you know, investing a lot into that and into the education and investing a lot into the practice in itself.
Speaker 1: I think that's what a lot of people forget, is that we forget that, you know, it is a lot of investment in ourselves, like you know, from the studying to like you know, the business planning and just like mapping it all out. Like it doesn't came easy. It is hard work still, so it's like, you know, you want to encourage those two you know, stop talking about it, be about it, and then like you know, yeah, you know, you can do it yourself. And so I think that's the hardest part is like people kind of take back and it's like, no, I've worked really hard for this, Like yeah, you you have. You know, you're amazing have uplifting women themselves just like by doing and objectibles and men and you know, people feel good. It's one of those things that you're kind of giving back exactly, especially times like this, like that's the least, you know, if we could do something and brighten some Onnesday, and I just make them feel better when they're on their zoom calls exactly, come in and come and see you exactly.
Speaker 2: It makes me so happy when I'm able to help someone feel better and when they, you know, tell me, because sometimes people forget to tell me when I do something and it gives them like extra confidence. I don't hear about it, but I love it when they come and tell me and they're like, thank you so much, you know for you know, helping me with my confidence, whether it was something internal or external, it just means so much to me.
Speaker 1: That's awesome that you mean, do you love what you do? And more people need to take that advice private talk you go out there, if someone does a good deed, you know, let them know, let them go. What it does to feel you feel good about yourself and it's like I feel like that probably inspires you more as well. Yeah, like absolutely, to keep thriving in your business and making people beautiful and feeling good about themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, So let us know one more time where your practice is so we can follow you and come and see you.
Speaker 2: So my practice, my main practice is in Beverly Hills. You can find me on Instagram. It's at doctor Rahi MD, and my website is doctor Rahey dot com. And I also have a practice in New York. But right now, I mean I've been going back and forth, but I know there's like bigger shutdowns, so that might be on pause for a minute. Unfortunately, by coastal.
Speaker 1: You gotta keep all those things, gotta keep good best on both sides of the world. Yeah. Yeah, So it's your appointment, Becaud. We dm you do we have to is it like you have a really busy booklet or a busy list because of you know, it's so crazy right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're booked. But if you DM us, we can guide you on how to create an appointment, or you can call us or go on the website and through the website you can book an appointment.
Speaker 1: Awesome, all right, private talk. I hope you are liking and loving this episode. Make sure you comment below and like and we will be right by. We're gonna take a quick break and then we're going to play my favorite Truth with Texas. Hello. Hello, We're back Private Talk and we are on the couch still with Doctor Rahie. We are getting to know all the great things that we need to go and infest in and go and treat ourselves self love, self care. I'm all about all of that. So I'm definitely going to be seeing you very soon, ma'am. So my favorite part of my or my show is Truth with Texas. So we're going to play a Truth with Texas game. We're going to pick a card and it's going to be a All the aces in each symbol means something else. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better. Are you ready? Are you nervous?
Speaker 2: Very nervous?
Speaker 1: Don't be nervous. I don't buy it too hardy, don't buy too hard. All right, here we go. Let's see Private talk. We've got the ace of diamonds. All right, We're going all the way. We're going spicy. I see spicy. It's our spicy question in Private Talk. Okay, so have you ever had vacation, one night stand, sex, we're getting spicy or private talk? Come on, now, there never was that one time you went in like vacation like Bora, Bora, Cabo somewhere and then you saw someone really hot, one nice dan and it just happened. Maybe, so that means, yes, it's okay, you're not all happens. Do you want to indulge a little bit? Do you want to tell us what at least vacation spot you're at?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I'm so embarrassed right now.
Speaker 1: Why a embarrassed? I mean sex is a beautiful thing. You're a single lady. You are a single lady, so you can tell whatever anything that you want to say. Private talk is we're your family here? Now where is his friends and family zone?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think.
Speaker 1: So there's been multiple vacation spots. I like this girls, Hawaii? Was it? Are you a beach or like you know, I have.
Speaker 2: Traveled a lot.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: Abiza.
Speaker 1: Oh that's easy. I like that. Okay, can you indulge about the Abiza time? Are you raving it up? Because Abiza is a party town beautiful, But it was like.
Speaker 2: I was really young, and can I not indulge anymore?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But do you still talk to this person of this day at all Facebook friends? Yes? Nice, we're connected somehow. That's good. That's good. That's good. It's not that hard. We're gonna let a baby separate way into a doctor, Rahie, don't be scared. All right. That's question ooh spade, that's my favorite here because that's a private talk favorite naughty one. So have you ever had public sex? Oh?
Speaker 2: My gosh, I am so.
Speaker 1: Maybe nice I have. It's it's kind of fun. It's like one of those things in adrenaline rush. Well, you know, I'll help you out and have your stories. Since you don't want to talk about that one, we want to make you talk about that one, but we'll go on the next question.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, think, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: We're on your own comfort zone. I feel like I.
Speaker 2: Feel like we're gonna have four questions there is okay.
Speaker 1: That's what I said in the beginning. It's four questions. You get all the aces. Each symbol means something different.
Speaker 2: Take a little bit to say that.
Speaker 1: But I was so nervous.
Speaker 2: I was listening.
Speaker 1: It's okay, we'll walk private talk we don't buy it too hard. We're nice, we're friendly. We have a new guest and doctor Rocke. We're going to do a kinky question, which I probably think you think all of them are kinky. Yes, I do that. You know, we're getting out of our comfort zone just a little bit, you know, we're trying to like, you know, Okay, we're single, we're having an open mind. You're with Miss Texas on the couch. We're good.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get through this.
Speaker 1: And what is the craziest place you've ever had sex? To be like a plane, a car, a bed, a couch, a water bird, the rug floor, stairs, hallway.
Speaker 2: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: These are all places I've had sex literally.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe an alleyway.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, we go. We get into applause because that as at this is this is what I was hoping you were getting, because that's the romantic question. You know, that's like, you know, romantical. We want to just start you off. But we just went bamn and we get second from you. But you did really a really good job. Again, I appreciate you being on my couch and being a guest with me. I hope you've had a lot of fun I have. Okay, so our romantic question.
Speaker 2: Mmmmmm mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Do you like playing or having music played while you're having a course or are you just like it doesn't matter?
Speaker 2: No, I like music.
Speaker 1: So what's your like? Your playlist? Your sex list? Is it varies? It depends so time and place. It could be like a romantical studying. What would that be like?
Speaker 2: I just like music playing all the time.
Speaker 1: I think. Okay, so you're a music girl. M I like that. See that's the last question. It wasn't so bad. That was the easiest when I think of all of them. You know, if truths with Texas can get a little spicy sometimes, but we're all friends. Hopefully you love the show. I enjoyed your being a guest on the show and then educating us on self care and all the beautiful things that you do for people to make us feel really great. And now I promised you that you can ask me one question. I know you were nervous and didn't know what it was at in the beginning of this whole thing, But do you have a question from miss Sexist?
Speaker 2: Do I have a question for missus Texas?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Where was the kinkiest place you've ever had.
Speaker 1: Sex The kinkiest place I've ever had sex with on a southwesterline.
Speaker 2: No way, Yes, oh.
Speaker 1: I would talk. We've heard this, but we will tell our guests here. I have had saxophon an airplane. I joined the Mile High Club.
Speaker 2: Wait, can I ask a following question?
Speaker 1: Or yes? Weekend? Now that you're more comfortable, you're like, man, what are all the questions?
Speaker 2: Was it in the bathroom?
Speaker 1: Or where's in our seat? He was in the middle seat and I was in the window seat.
Speaker 2: How many questions am I allowed to ask about this?
Speaker 1: How you want to ask doctor? You can ask another one. You got two more.
Speaker 2: Questions, two more questions? Did you know him or did you know?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, I didn't know him?
Speaker 2: And how was the experience?
Speaker 1: It was fun for the first like minute or like what was like the whole being trying to get caught whatever that I was like, Fuck, I'm on a plane. I'm not trying to get caught and go to jail. So I'm like, you have to stop. And then I got really nervous. Yeah, and then I made him stop. Yeah, he didn't stop, but I stopped, and then he kept going and then nice, great, way, I'm banned. Thank you. Private Talk podcast. Yeah, so I definitely joined the mile High club. It was I was. You know, when you're young, dem and full of come, you do a lot of things that are like you never really know what's gonna happen. But that definitely happened. I don't take it back. It's a good story. I mean it is a good story. Definitely, it is a good story. Tepe Southwest will send you a voucher or maybe kick me off, like I don't know, it was so long ago and never maybe don't ban you. No, no banning. No, we can't ban Miss Texas. We have too much love for Miss Texas. I know a Private Talk Private Talk. Thank you guys for tuning in, Thank you for having all those great comments, and you since you knows at the time of COVID that we went through. I did a lot of live shows. I got to meet some of you guys. I had a lot of fun doing Truth with Texas with you guys, and we had a fun doing Truth of Texas with Doctor Rawhey as well. Thank you so much again for coming on