Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on ws Boston News Radio.
Speaker 2: All I need to do is say one name, one name, and my full lines six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty or eight eight, eight, nine, two, nine, ten thirty will go crazy.
Speaker 3: Bradley J. Is here, Bradley Day. Bradley J.
Speaker 2: Was a part of the WBZ fabric, originally part of the wbcn FM fabric, and we're lucky to have him.
Speaker 4: Well, it's good to be here. Before we take any calls, can I and I realized I have a question of you that I've never asked. What?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: So you're a person who seems to have an infinite uh repository of knowledge of facts, and I'm curious, is that some special uh talent or capacity you have or could do you think anyone could learn it or most people could learn it if they lived the life you do and it was part of your job and they really buckled down.
Speaker 2: What You've asked several questions within the question. Okay, and if it was part of it? Now, why am I hearing?
Speaker 4: Rob?
Speaker 2: I hear a little uh one second delay here? Okay, Oh, I'll just have to deal with it. I had a good memory in school. If you say, Morgan, tell me about third grade at the C. C. Perkins School, I could tell you the lunch box that I carried for the third grade. I could tell you at least a dozen of my classmates. Third grade for me was roughly nineteen sixty, the school season of sixty two. And I could tell you do you want the boys of the girls. I just have been blessed with a spectacular, accurate memory. I've not done things to myself to kill brain cells. I don't drink, I've never done any kind of drug other than prescription. And I've been blessed with the type of memory that I can just right now test me, Bradley. Pick any cartoon, Say any cartoon that you can remember. Ever, Okay, I'll ask you a question about it. Just mention the cartoon, all right. Rocky and bow Winkle, Rock and bow Winkle produced by Jay Ward. As a matter of fact, the first book I wrote was a TV cartoon trivia book, and I got a personalized note from Jay Ward that said, good work. Morgan can talk about all the characters, Rocky bow Winkle. Rocky's voice was June Foray, Bowwinkle was Bill Scott. Their enemies were Boris and Natasha. Paul Freese was Boris Natasha, as well as June Foray. And I'm gonna have to stop myself because last name, well, Natasha was Fatale like Natasha fatal Fatale, and Boris was bad enough as in bad e enough bad Ingov, but n Ov were the last three levers of its name.
Speaker 4: And are there any areas that you're not good at when it comes to memory? Because people are generally good at stuff they like, maybe there's some areas that you don't care about your memories not good.
Speaker 2: I had to once I started doing this as my living I had to train myself to get rid of pockets of information I didn't embrace. I was not a hockey fan growing up, but I read about hockey and learned about hockey and now Bobbie Hall and Stan mckidden names from the Golden days and the Original Six. Even knowing to call the Original Six the Original Six is all part of my repertoire. If you want to talk about history, you talk about any moment in history of the United States, from the Revolutionary War to the Korean War, World War One, World War two, the Civil War. I can do all of those and have to. I did a show last night. I do a show every Tuesday, and people ask me for subjects. That's my stick. Somebody pick a subject. I have to be able to come up with questions on any subject. They want the Beatles, I come up with the Beatles. If they want rock and Bowenkle, I come up with Rocky Bowenkell. They come up with well known Boston history. I do that too. It's my job.
Speaker 4: So what about the mascots? For all the common breakfast cereals of the sixty you probably know all those, and I'm glad. I'm glad you got.
Speaker 2: Because on Friday, I've got to ferellis a gentleman who I've had on before many a time, and he is my breakfast cereal Maven and Friday at eight o'clock when I'm filling in a night side tof will be here and we'll talk.
Speaker 3: I know the history.
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 2: Or did you know? There is actually a fourth elf? Snap, crackle and pop?
Speaker 3: There was an elf named Pow, but for whatever reason they wrote him out and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, magic number when it comes to and there you go, that kind of thing, no need for pal you know what's speaking of breakfast cereal. One thing that kills me is when I watch Seinfeld. You know, Seinfeld doesn't have any either. He doesn't have any cupboard doors on his kitchen cupboard or there you can see through them. He's got a lot of cereal. He's a breakfast cereal freak, but it's always seems to be a little blurry. I can only make out like Captain Crunch, maybe in sugar sugar some.
Speaker 2: His favorite cereal, he Seinfeld. His favorite cereal as a kid was honeycomb. And usually as you look at that cabinet, honeycomb is the biggest box in there because if you go to star market or stopping shop, the box of honeycomb is traditionally bigger than.
Speaker 3: Tricks or frosted flakes, what have you.
Speaker 2: Because those single honey comb were bigger than a frosted flake, bigger than a tricks, so you needed a bigger box. So next time you watch Seinfeld, depending on what years, look to the far left, and that first box is honeycomb.
Speaker 4: Oh good to know. Now I'm just going to figure out where the rest are. I was a big Captain Crunch person. A Captain Crunch cuts the roof of your mouth a lot. Well.
Speaker 2: Captain Crunch came out roughly nineteen sixty two sixty three, and the commercials for Captain Crunch were done by Jayward Studios. And the voice of Captain Crunch was my old buddy Dowes Butler. And can you name any of Captain Crunch's crew?
Speaker 4: No, I didn't even know he had a crew.
Speaker 2: He had a crew. The guy in the little white sailor suit with glasses that was Elf, and the only female in the crew was Brunehilda, and there was Dave, and the littlest one was Carlisle. The dog was Sea Dog and his ship was the Good Chip Guppy.
Speaker 4: So your brain is probably similar sized to mine, probably, and you have all this information in it, and I just wonder what about the wasted space and mine? Is it?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 4: Just? Nothing?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 4: Nothing ever went in there? Or did some stuff going there and it died? I don't know. Tell you what.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna probe the stuff in your brain when we come back from the break.
Speaker 3: You've got a couple of calls.
Speaker 2: Already, my our buddy David in San Francisco and Melinda and Quincy if you want to call and be on hold to speak with Bradley Jay, who's here only for an hour six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty, eight, eight, eight, nine to nine, ten thirty and let's get to the break time and temperature here on night side.
Speaker 3: Ten sixteen sixty five degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World, Nice Sight Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: You guys missed the big sneeze ten seconds ago. Bradley Jay is here. I'm Morgan filling in for Dan and Bradley. You've got full line, so I'm gonna take some phone calls and then I'm gonna show you how much you know.
Speaker 3: Because Okay, before.
Speaker 4: You go, can I ask you what kind of a sneezer you are? There too? There's a some people sneeze in big giant groups like like ten, they lose it, and other people just do a couple.
Speaker 2: I know, this was just one big sneeze by Nancy. All right, let's go to Quincy and speak with Melinda, who called before we even started the hour. She really wanted to speak to you. Bradley. Hello, Melinda.
Speaker 7: Hi, Hi, Morgan, Hi, Bradley, Hi.
Speaker 4: I think I met you your daughter?
Speaker 6: Yeah you did?
Speaker 7: You did?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: The story there, folks, is as uh Morgan's probably mentioned at some point previous month or two or three, I dabbling be in the karaoke house because it's fun and yeah, and you, of course Melinda, are always invited, and you never go because you're chicken.
Speaker 7: That's what your.
Speaker 4: Daughter said you were. Your daughter said you were a chicken. Actually I told you didn't.
Speaker 7: She didn't.
Speaker 4: She's a sweetheart, and she she came up and sang it was fun.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she no with both music nuts. I'm glad that. I was so happy to hear you doing that. The only reason I didn't go there was an incident out there. I couldn't go. But that's I totally plan on coming in.
Speaker 4: There is this at the winery.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was at their high Morgan. I'm glad you're on this.
Speaker 4: When your daughter went to was that King's King thought the winery? I was, but not that night, not that I thought she.
Speaker 7: Was there that night. Okay, I thought you. I thought we were going to go. I want to go that night. I thought it was the one Okay, which.
Speaker 2: Kings because there are several Prudential Center Death Okay, that's Prudential Center Dalton Street.
Speaker 3: Okay, so, by the way, hello.
Speaker 4: To everyone at King's. I love him over there. Yes, Melinda, what's going well?
Speaker 5: I was going to ask you.
Speaker 7: When I used to call your show, I used to always say to you, couldn't we do karaoke? Isn't there a way we could get people to get you know, the people that used to call. Wouldn't it be cool if we could get people? And then when I heard you were doing it, I was like, oh my god, that's great because you know.
Speaker 5: And you like it?
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, I mean yes, if I can be honest, Yes, when I first started out, yes, the people there were people I knew because I would you know how it is, Morgan, you have to market yourself when you say exactly, yeah, there were a lot a lot of people there, but there were mostly people I knew, and therefore are they're mostly rock songs because I have I'm from the world of rock. So there was lots of Bruce Springsteen and uh, you know, uh East Bounding Down and Jerry Weed. You know, there was all kinds of rocky kind of stuff. They're going to do what they say can't be done. That's correct that and uh, but once people you know, it gets a name and people start coming in. I don't know, it's not so rocky. And after a while it becomes a lot of Taylor's swift and stuff like that, Oh you're lucky, you lucky man. No no, no, which is okay, but it's not it's not my jam.
Speaker 7: I know it's not yours. But but like it could be all kind Like it could be Sonata, that could be Neil Diamond, it could be Begs, it could be anybody, you know. I mean, that's what makes it fun. When anybody comes steps up and does it Stewart or whatever.
Speaker 4: It is funn And this is something that happens in at least at the host at least in when I did it is there's this really cool, positive, upbeat support for each other and strangers, strangers supporting each other, and people getting to know each other and making friends. One thing that was weird for me is I'm a kind of person that kind of keeps everybody in my life separate because I never know how this person's gonna get along with this other person. They're wildly different, Like one's a punk rocker and another one is a is a political expert for the talk show. So I keep people separate. But when I started marketing this thing, this karaoke thing, everybody I knew was there, and so people from all walks of the corners of my life started to talk to each other music.
Speaker 7: You know, it's just everybody's about the song. It's not you know, nobody's gonna say, oh, well, you just singing them. I don't like that. It's just everybody just joins in it. Just they got their own thing and they go up and sing it.
Speaker 4: Yep. And one thing that's fine is that the people that aren't very good at singing, it's really important to support them and hear them.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I never know if I'm going to have a bad allergy day and no honest to go because the times my voice will sound like a crazy accent and I'll sound like so different, I'll be like, oh God. And then there's other times I can sing. So I'm always like, oh Jesus, it's gonna be bad, it's gonna be okay. So I just never know how am I whether my voice is gonna be okay. But I'm gonna ask you a quick I know you love David Bowie, but but outside of David Bowie or unless it's him, what's your favorite song? If you can pick one.
Speaker 4: That's how well what I was gonna I was gonna ask you the same question. I'm glad you asked me. What you're asking me is what is my go to karaoke song?
Speaker 7: Oh to sing?
Speaker 4: Okay, that what you're asking me.
Speaker 7: Well, I hope it is, because that's my question was asked Morgan to what's your favorite song? It's hot, I know, but what's your favorite song?
Speaker 4: Favorite song?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: There were so many, all right, because I have to answer, I would say, for now, the greatest rock song of all time is a whole Lot of Love. But that's not my favorite one.
Speaker 5: That's good, ye.
Speaker 4: His favorite one to sing is London Calling by the Clash.
Speaker 7: Okay, Morgan, what's your favorite song? And it's hot?
Speaker 5: But now I've.
Speaker 2: Got five favorite songs, so I'm going to do a couple now the summer. When you mentioned Sinatra, yes, definitely.
Speaker 3: Frank Sinatra, just just my imagination by the Temptations, and I'll give you the others. But I want to try to get one more call on before I have to take a break.
Speaker 7: Okay, well, great here and you guys. Nice to hear you. Bradley I'll see you one night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and say hello to your your your kind daughter.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, take care. Let's go to San Francisco and speak to David David. Welcome, aboy, Hi David, David.
Speaker 8: Hello Nancy, and I mean Tony and Ohio and hello Bradley.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 8: You're so good to hear your voice. Man, you are a breath of fresh air. I believe me.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you very much. I can tell you, yeah, pardon, I can tell for your voice that you're pretty healthy.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, well, actually I've been through some uh, I've had some challenges. I had two two of bladder cancer surgeries and uh and two uh cataract eye surgery. Said, I'm waiting for my glasses and uh, I'm waiting for some treatment for a prostate cancer. Okay, that I'm doing Actually, I'm doing really well. I've had a want to help. You're in San Francisco. I have i hs S. This is UH in Home Support Services, and I have a lady that comes to my room every day to make sure you get my medicine and my meals and my shower and all that. And my guess escorts me to my doctor's appointments and let's get away.
Speaker 4: From Let me ask you this your Let's say you go to karaoke and you have to sing. What are you going to sing?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: TikTok Clarice.
Speaker 8: Walking in the rain by flashing the pan.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that fantastics? Are you kidding me? That is the first song I ever called a radio station and said, what's that song? Tremendous?
Speaker 8: Do you know who those guys are?
Speaker 4: Yes? Uh, BANDA and Young the songwriting team Event and there is Angus Young.
Speaker 8: And Yeah from the eis.
Speaker 4: Beat related to a C d C. The Young in there is the brother of Angus.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're from the Easy Beats and Yeah and Tour Young is the older brother of Malcolm and Angus from a C d C.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, Wow, Well I would I would pay money, a little, not much money, a little, a little money to see you sing that day. Can you sing it right now?
Speaker 8: No one knows the song, dude, song of all time, walking in the rainbow, flashing the pan, other stuff. It's really amazing, amazing stuff.
Speaker 4: Does that ring a bell for you? Morgan?
Speaker 2: It rings the bell? But I couldn't sing it. Well, I don't sing. I can't sing. I'm a frustrated singer. I'll breaking just like a couple of times during this conversation, I recited, I didn't sing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I only have two favorite songs. I know thousands of them. But my second favorite song is a back on the Same Gang by the Pretenders. Okay, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Like I like Chrissy Hines. She had a great voice.
Speaker 8: She is great. Bradley, you stow your last name j A y Right, Okay, are you any relation perhaps or no, of an actor named Tony j.
Speaker 4: No or or John Jay.
Speaker 8: I have lied about that.
Speaker 4: I once told somebody I was because I'm a terrible liar and I want to practice lying, so I started to lie more.
Speaker 8: Yeah there's another there's another actor. His name is uh Ricky J. Do you know him?
Speaker 4: Ricky j Are totally. He's a comedian, comedian, magician.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly. He was on a few times and he's a house of games.
Speaker 3: Remember the I remember, I love that movie. I love that movie.
Speaker 8: Yes, he was a guy with a water pistol. Yes he was, yep, Ricky. Yeah, he's he's great. We lost him a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: He did a Bond movie as well with Pis Preston.
Speaker 8: Uhh, well, I'm gonna let you go to other callers can come up. Probably. It is so great just to hear your voice enough and uh you give me spirit.
Speaker 6: David.
Speaker 4: Thank you for calling and thanks to making that happen.
Speaker 2: And now we got to go because I'm already late for news.
Speaker 4: David. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Let me throw it to thank you very much. You're welcome to rob one open line you want to grab it. You know the phone numbers, I'm not even gonna give them anymore because you should know time and temperture here on BZ Nights Side ten thirty two sixty five degrees.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio, Bradley Jay is here.
Speaker 4: I have a line.
Speaker 2: If you want to grab it, I guarantee you'll get a chance to speak with Bradley J. There are a couple of callers ahead of you, but dial six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty or eight eight, eight, nine to nine, ten thirty, and I'm going to give the answer I promised. With Melinda's call, I gave a couple of my favorite songs. I gave five The Summer Wind by Sinatra just by imagination, the Temptations version not the Rolling Stones version. Sorry Mick as well. I always love My Mama by the Intruders, and I love that. And the Intruders are coming to town in August at the theater in metrot what's at the Surrey Theater. They're coming and out. I'll talk more about that next hour. And even though this shouldn't count, Nat King calls the Christmas song before.
Speaker 4: You take a call, I have to give you a little known fact and it has to do with it. It has to do with the Intruders. When I back when I was an operating room technician in Conkoring, New Hampshire, that was a place, big place, and it was back when the bands like the Intruders and the bands that all wore the same uniform right were there. And it was also yeah, and it was also the time of funk, like Ohio Players and all. And it was a time when the bump was a thing. And I actually it's hard to believe looking at me now, but I won a bump contest. Oh really, I didn't put it on the resume. I should put it on that. I put it on my resume text.
Speaker 3: That did the song I Ain't Gonna bump no more with no Big Fat Woman.
Speaker 4: That was a song Joe texts and the sex.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's yes, very good, very good, you know music, Bradley. Yeah, kind of not like you though.
Speaker 4: Well let's say you know what I maybe yeah, okay, some hour down the road. Yes, can we just you and I just talk for an hour and not take calls? I love everyone, but I don't get to talk to you. We'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: Why don't you and I do lunch and we don't have a clock ticking behind it?
Speaker 4: All right? But I want I kind of want to do it on the radio. But okay, we'll do both. That might be boring. We'll do both.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Rhode Island and speak to one because one's been holding for twenty minutes.
Speaker 8: One listen.
Speaker 9: Good evening, good evening, Good evening, Morgan, Morgan, I got a question to you after I talked to Bradley. Bradley, you were on the air on WBZ late at night. I called you from Providence, Rhode Island, because you were a form of the radio personality on WBCN. Yes, and I asked you where the reel to reels were from the Boston Tea Party because they BCN had inherited the reel to reels that were recorded during the history of the performances at the Boston Tea Party, and you told me you would look into it. Then you went off the air, and I was waiting in the wings, so to speak, to ask the question if you ever pursued finding out where the reel to reels went after they closed WBCN. Okay, I'm frothing at the bit and wanting to.
Speaker 2: Want Bradley answer. Go ahead, Bradley frothing at the bit.
Speaker 4: In my estimation, the highest likelihood is that they are, and I can't be sure, but there's a person named David Bieber who runs an archives. It's a huge one hundred thousand square foot building where he has archived pop culture, but particularly rock culture and music culture in Boston, and he worked at WBCN. Now he wasn't there when BCN went off the air, but he doesn't have a he does have a way of acquiring things. So my best guess is that David Bieber at least knows where they are. But I do remember a closet There was just to be a closet there and it used to be just crammed with so many boxes of real to Real tapes, and one of them I remember seeing it was one of the Aerosmith ones.
Speaker 3: If we could get in touch with David Bieber, how would you do it?
Speaker 4: I would. It's called David, it's called maybe David Biber Archives, and it's at a place called the Space Center in Norwood. Space Center in Norwood.
Speaker 2: So one look up the Space Center in Norwood and see if you can speak with David and mentioned that you heard Bradley on my show, because David knows me, obviously he knows Bradley, and just maybe you can get the answer that David would say, Oh yeah, I got.
Speaker 3: All those really reels. Maybe b I E B E R.
Speaker 9: Okay, thank you for that.
Speaker 4: Now, what's your question for me?
Speaker 8: Morgan is who was Morgan White Sor?
Speaker 4: He was my father?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 9: I get that.
Speaker 8: But was he in radio?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, he was not in radio. He worked at Bethlehem Steel as one of their workers for I don't know, fifteen twenty years.
Speaker 3: He passed away along time ago, but that was my father and Morgan.
Speaker 9: I listened whenever you're on the air, and I wish that they would put you on five nights a week.
Speaker 4: Well one, I've been on stelling in for Dan.
Speaker 2: I was on Monday and on tonight, Tomorrow, Friday, and my show Saturday. So you got your wish.
Speaker 3: I've given five nights of a commitment to BZ for this week.
Speaker 9: Well, thank you both very much for your contribution to the airways and I really appreciate what you do.
Speaker 4: And rock On, rock On On, Thank you rock on one. And now, yes, he got into your family a little bit. You know what, I never asked you how you got into radio? How'd you get into radio? And when you started out with you nervous? No, how did you get in? I don't get nervous? Ten seconds story. I wrote a book that booke.
Speaker 2: Ut me on the radio show with Norm Nathan on HDH that led me to getting my own radio show and the rest is history.
Speaker 4: That was well done.
Speaker 2: Ten seconds. Let's go to New Hampshire and speak to Paul. Paul, welcome to night Side. You've got Bradley j Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Paul, Bradley, are you an assumption that the number of A R stations is shrinking around the country.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know the answer to that. I would guess so because of consolidation and stuff. But I don't know if the number of stations is shrinking but the number, but that the number of owners of these stations are shrinking more more larger companies own. I'm not an expert at that, I'll be honest with you, Paul.
Speaker 5: Okay. Second question is don't the records have sell best their greatest sets albums and five albums?
Speaker 4: Uh? I don't know the facts that I would guess that live albums are not the biggest sellers because.
Speaker 5: Franton, Yeah, I know that's that's certainly an exception.
Speaker 4: Everyone that was forty years ago. Everyone had that record.
Speaker 2: I get that the music great business has changed over the forty years.
Speaker 4: And greatest hits albums. I don't know the answer to that. I was kind of I just had fun and I didn't pay much attention to the business.
Speaker 5: Copies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, they were. They were baked and I like them.
Speaker 5: Okay, thanks, oh thank you, Okay.
Speaker 2: Paul Bright, Paul, all right, we're about to take our last break of the hour.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, and.
Speaker 2: I've only got about twelve minutes left with Bradley J. You want to speak to them? Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty eight eight eight nine two, nineteen thirty time and temperature here on night side ten forty five sixty five degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray Mine from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: My guest is Bradley Jay. I'm Morgan filling in for Dan Ray. By the way, and at one time Bradley used to be Dan Ray's producer.
Speaker 3: Here at BZ.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's exact.
Speaker 2: I remember these things tell people where you were doing your karaoke, where your next trip is going to take you. Bradley J's stuff that needs to be broadcast. Oh, thank you very much for that.
Speaker 4: Well, there's there's no real date for karaoke to but uh, the next one will probably be at Trillium Brewery. Trillium has a brewery where you can a place where you can drink outside where the old Sealerus building was in the Timeout Market. And when I was putting posters up for the for one of the others, they said, hey, can you do that here? So I think that's going to be on a big outdoor stage, the same spot where where they have the their skating rink right in the winter. So there's that, uh, and other stuff I would really like it. If people visit my travel channel on YouTube, it's I put so much work into it. I redid all the thumbnails. The thumbnails are the little pictures you see that entice you to plick on it, and they were ugly and inconsistent, and I redid all two hundred of them, so now it looks all nice and upcoming there's a there's a relatively new Venice video, a Paris video, and a Spain video, and upcoming will be a Bruge in Belgium video and a Rome video in December.
Speaker 3: And these are all places to which you have traveled.
Speaker 4: Yes, I take all of it, all the footage, and do the voiceovers and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Lynn and speak with Scott Scott. You've got Bradley J here on night Side.
Speaker 6: Hi, Hi, Bradley Hice, Scott Scotty, Hey guys. A little Boston music trivia at this in August. I think it was the eighteenth and nineteen sixty six who appeared at Suffolk Downs.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're gonna say sixty six, I'm gonna say the Beatles and the circle opens for them.
Speaker 6: That's correct, Morgan and Bradley. Yes, and also on the bill was the Remains. Yes, and Barry wrote a book about the whole tour and it's called Ticket to Ride and it has great pictures and interviews and reviews of the whole sixty six tour and they came to Suffolk Downs and also on the bill was the Ronettes. Wow, now what was the big story about the Ronettes in that tour? Who was not on the in the show.
Speaker 4: Ron you're asking me some but he was was missing, that's right, Ronnie Spector.
Speaker 6: How Ronnie was not in the on the tour? She had a sub and what is the reason Ronnie was not on that tour that I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Earlier in the Ronette's career they toured England and John Lennon took a liking to Ronnie Spector. Yes, well, I think they were on a bill together in England and Phil Spector did not allow Ronnie to go on tour with the Beatles in sixty six because of jealousy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he had the huts for her as well.
Speaker 6: Well. Yeah, they had were married I think at the time Morgan when she took Yeah, yeah, she had the name Ronnie Spector being to Phil and Phil wouldn't wouldn't let her tour and she had a sub But that's that's interesting. Yeah, Verry, I mean, Bradley. Have you seen that concert venue at Suffolk Downs that's recently opened?
Speaker 4: No, I have not. I have not. Have you I have?
Speaker 6: I've just seen pictures of it. Morgan, have you seen it? Have they redid all of Suffolk Downs? And it has a big outdoor stage, okay with the concert series, And I've heard good things about it. Uh. And I had friends who went to see Metallica at at Foxboro Stadium, Uh, a couple of days ago. I heard good things about that.
Speaker 4: So do you go? Do you go see show?
Speaker 3: Still?
Speaker 6: I used to Bradley, I used to see a lot of the Dead concerts.
Speaker 4: And did you did you get hearing damaged?
Speaker 6: I'm sure I did. Redy. Have you ever been to Newport, Bradley, have you seen any of the jazz festivals or the folk festivals down there?
Speaker 4: I must admit I have not.
Speaker 6: Morgan, have you ever been to the Newport Jazz Festival years ago?
Speaker 3: In the seventies.
Speaker 2: I used to be very active in the seventies and eighties going to concerts.
Speaker 4: Well, I've kind of pulled back my urge to travel.
Speaker 6: My wonder well understandable. Hey Morgan, did you follow SummerSlam? Did you hear about the return of Roman Reigns.
Speaker 4: I heard that.
Speaker 3: Roman surprised everybody in surprised. What's his name? Mel calls him Coca Cola.
Speaker 6: I can't. Yeah, yeah, I guess he helped Cody Rhoades that they're.
Speaker 3: Probably flipping him to the babyface side of things. We'll see.
Speaker 6: Ye. Well, I guess that was quite quite an event in Cleveland. Yes, all right, thank you guys.
Speaker 4: And you know what you mentioned, Red rubber Ball. I love that song and you can help me with this final question. Okay, what was the song Tony connect the Arrow did and was kind of.
Speaker 3: Famous for Little Red Wagon.
Speaker 4: See how he mixed those up, Red rubber Ball and Little Red Wagon?
Speaker 2: Red Wagon and Playing the Field was a secondary hit by Tony c which made sense. Playing the Field And it's funny Scott brought up wrestling, and this gets back to the original thing I wanted to talk to you about. Everybody has knowledge. Sometimes it might be focused on one thing and that's all they care about. Sometimes it may be broad brush a variety of things. I used to have a caller back in the eighties when I did the show Talking Trivia, and his name was Vinnie Carolyn. Loved wrestling. That was his main focus. He Vinnie Carolyn still is into wrestling low thirty five years later. He has written a book.
Speaker 4: He has.
Speaker 2: Been used on the wrestling shows that you see on wece some of the clips from his shows. And he developed a career, an ancillary career in wrestling. And that is an example I wanted to give about you. You know, hardcore specifics in music, backwards, forward, sidewards.
Speaker 3: And diagonal, and you should be proud of the knowledge that you have, the depth of knowledge that you have with music. Well, thanks, I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: And I somehow this came up. Oh, when I brought up The Intruders, the Skippy White, I had him on a few weeks ago. Yeah, he's producing a show on August twenty fourth at the Theater in Metford and you can get tickets at the Wang and other places. And the lineup includes the Stylistics, Wow, the Temptations or the new version of the Temptations, the Dramatics, The Manhattan's, The Intruders, and another act or two. It's called the soul something or other. But check it out. If that style of music that era was comfortable and important to you, oh yeah, check check it out.
Speaker 3: Now, Bradley, our hour is up. Oh I know, but you know what said?
Speaker 2: You and I will do lunch and I will have you on again and your idea we will do.
Speaker 4: How's that okay? All right? Thank you so much. It's always a pleasure anytime I get to hang around with you and your people and Dan's people.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. Bradley, thank you very much. You take care of all right.
Speaker 2: Next hour, Doctor David Nathan talking about diabetes here on night Side Time ten fifty eight sixty five degrees