Speaker 1: Check podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Fudday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 1: Two nothing. It's Alva not so fast.
Speaker 2: Cohole breath with Don Taylor.
Speaker 1: I say that the winner of the draft lottery we should be the winner of a two man loose.
Speaker 3: And Rick Dolly Wall I had a cherry tree up a little Ricky. I used to go up that tree and just sit there for hours and munch on the chair.
Speaker 4: Years.
Speaker 2: Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 1: Ten o'clock of downtown Vancouver run the Paul Carson Studio. Thanks for tuning in, folks. It's Donnie Dolly the team on Check. Don Taylor, along with Rick Dollingwall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He's the man at the controls. Our director of the Voice of God. Derek Wong is I was on vacation again in his place, Nina Savage. We'll have a long talk with mister Derrick Wang if he's in tomorrow. That is, how are you lovely? Couldn't be better? Conneck fans could be better? Yes? Okay? I apologize to long suffering Vancouver hockey fans going back to nineteen seventy. We're gonna make you suffer a little bit more. Right off the top of the show, as we go back to Tuesday night, it's a caucus, New Jersey who gets the first pick of the draft?
Speaker 2: Drove twelve, Wow twelve.
Speaker 1: The number twelve.
Speaker 5: The Toronto Maple Leafs have won the NHL Draft Lottery and Matt Sundean is smiling ear to ear. One day after the official announcement, it appears, but now to make it official, Pam kellerher and Deputy Commissioner Bill Daily.
Speaker 1: I can confirm it as official. Toronto has won the first draw in the twenty twenty sixth Draft lottery and as a result of winning the draw, they have the number one overall selection in the twenty twenty six draft. And as the show went on, the San Jose Sharks grabbed the second overall slot, going from ninth to second, which meant the Canucks and I guess this was somewhat predictable because there was over a fifty percent chance it was going to happen. They go from top spot to third. That's bad enough, okay, even if it was somewhat super bad, but to have the Leafs, and there was a scenario where the Leaves weren't going to have a first round because of bad trades they made in the past, weren't going to have a first round pick at all. They go from fifth to first, and then the San Jose Sharks, a division arrival of the Canucks. Already, you have been very lucky in the lottery before last night they moved from ninth to second. But back to the Lease for a second, and automatically, I tweeted out something and we'll get to another tweet in a second. I tweeted out fixed and that was my initial reaction. And it's somewhat emotional, you know, you know, I'm a Vancouver right grew up in Burnaby, been following this team for a long long time, going back, you know the story folks, going back to their Western Hockey League Daves. But isn't it interesting that the Leafs are owned by Rogers? Twenty twenty six the year win right now they paying attention here all right? Twenty twenty six, the start of Rogers' new twelve year, eleven billion dollars deal with the National Hockey League and lo and behold they win the NHL Draft lottery. Sick. I know that there's the it's a conspiracy theory, but it's just interesting, interesting timing. So I tweeted this out last night. Were talking about long suffering Knuck fans, and again there was a motion of I know people think I hate the Canucks. They think they certainly think you hate the Canucks, criticizing them left and right, But we care about this franchise. So this way, I tweeted out Parrot nearly three Cup final losses to Riots, Messier, Burrey leaves, Lidstrom from center, my contract, sucks, Hughes leaves. The misery list is launched for Knuck fans and now includes losing a draft lottery to of all teams, the Leafs. I left some some incidents out, some stuff out.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of stuff you could have had their tweet their first owner going to jail, Lafayette's goalpost, Daniel on crutches, Louis Erickson's contract, other contracts, Hacket leaving.
Speaker 1: There's a whole lot there. But again, dropping to third is one thing, and losing out to the Leafs and the Shark. But let's focus on the Leafs. Here is another, because that's all we're gonna hear. There's a lot of reasons why I don't hate the Leafs. I don't hate their fans. Well maybe they do, not necessarily, but the media back there, the so called national networks, that's they're just gonna They were celebrating last night and they were just so happy. I saw they're going to talk about for the next few weeks's among other things that Toronto wise, it's just going to be absolutely sickening. It's just like if you had to come up with the worst case scenario. And again I'm being negative and I understand that, but the facts are facts that this did happen last night, This would have been this wouldn't have been one that you would have come up with.
Speaker 6: Agreed, What a kick in the you know where for Vancouver hockey fans. They deserved the first pick after what this owners put this the fans do in the last two years, and this happens.
Speaker 1: And as soon as.
Speaker 6: I saw the Leafs get it, I thought, I donny, I threw my remote control against the wall. And you know, because we've been watching this team since the seventies, they never get a break. You know, and now you got this situation where they deserved it. They went to thirty second lots of losing. They lost at home. They couldn't win at home. You had to trade your best defenseman in franchise history, Donnie A million bad things. This fan base, what does the fan base do? They've been treated like crap for two years. They turned around and instead they filled the rink every night, and this is what they get a kick in the you know where. It's just ridiculous. Either this franchise is cursed or they just they can't get anything good.
Speaker 1: You think something would go right, and look, I know they've made the Stanley Cup Final three times, something the Leafs haven't done since nineteen sixty seven. So there is that. But I guess I think part of the problem for people who have cared about this team, for law who have suffered with this team, uh for for so long, is you just think that you know, once something, something would go would go right. Exactly right. No, Here's what I was going to say is that it was predictable. It was it was predictable that not only they would lose, but some team that they just can't stand i e. Toronto would end up winning the thing and they did so. Okay, enough of the negativity. That's it. You can you you you guys are talking about Petterson so much. Okay, all right, we've got to be positive here for at least a second. On the positive side, take a look at this Rick, Take a look at this board that Nina came up with. All right, This graphic notable. Third NHL draft picks through history. It's it's a list of stars and if I may say, in some cases superstars, hall of famers.
Speaker 3: Check it out. For people on our podcast, go.
Speaker 6: Through it, and for you Vancouver fans, Hendrick City third overall, Denny Sivar Spinner Rama Montreal, Pat Lafontaine Islanders, Leon Drycitle going third and overall out of the Western Hockey League. Scott and Edemar, great BC boy, Jonathan Taves Donnie. I still remember the day he went and him and Kane turned that franchise round. They started winning cups because of that pick and Kane Marion Gaberick was great. Matt Duchane, Tim Stutchell in Ottawa right now, Reggie Leach nineteen seventy four, You and I Ryan, we had to beg to put Reggie Leach on there because you.
Speaker 1: And I seventy four seventy five flyers.
Speaker 3: Reggie Leach was great.
Speaker 1: In the playoffs, nineteen goals. We had to beg Ryan.
Speaker 6: If people understand this, we had to first tell Ryan who Reggie Leach is. Then we had to beg him to put Reggie Leach in. Reggie Leach was a phenomenal, phenomenal player in the seventies, the Riverton Rifle, the Riverton Rifle, the great Saskatchewan guy. Reggie was Saskatchwan, Manitoba, Manitoba close and he was in the neighborhood. But anyways, Reggie Leach, look at this, it's right next they're next to each other, Manitoba, Saskatchewan.
Speaker 1: I'm aware of. My Canadian jockey kept telling you, but look at this.
Speaker 6: Beware, Vancouver fans that beware. You're still gonna get a good piece. You're still gonna get a good player at third. Overall, maybe the next Regu Leach, maybe the next Reggie Leach. Maybe you're going to get a good player. And as this rebuild starts, and it's going to be long, it's going to be ugly, there's going to be a lot of losing, at least you got a nice foundational piece coming or.
Speaker 1: The possibility and we're trying to give people hope that back at Seneca. Also a third overall pick Anton Frondell for Chicago, and.
Speaker 6: The Ducks got a lot of heat for taking Seneca where they did. He wasn't supposed to with Leo Carls, yeah, he wasn't supposed to go that high, and look at him. The kid's a phenomenal player in that.
Speaker 1: I By the way, Danny Sivard has the most points out of all out of all the third overall pick. What a player he was. He's my first interview that I did started working in Vancouver, back in Vancouver. Yeah, and he was couldn't have been a nicer guy. He an former head coach of the Chicago Blackhawks as well. Points per game Leon Dreisidel leads the way, but that's a pretty impressive list.
Speaker 6: Watching Denny Savard at the old Chicago Stadium was awesome, Donny awesome. He really was one of the funnest guys to watch.
Speaker 1: This is and I'm very aware for people texting in right now that we've misspelled Scott niede Meyer's name, but we'll we'll work on Oh.
Speaker 6: But in defense of Ryan, it's a long name and I think he may have ran out of letters.
Speaker 1: But anyways, we'll get on that. Yeah, we'll get on that. Now I'm being negative again. Yeah, okay, So after all this was done, Yeah, the lottery show was over and done with, Jim Ruththerford held a press conference and we're going to talk. Boy, what a strange day it was when it comes to this subject, the Canucks search for a new general manager. We're going to talk more about that a little bit later, but here is Jim Rutherford, president of the Vankov Connuction, his reaction, or one of his reactions from yesterday's press conference, dropping from first to third.
Speaker 7: A number of good defensemen in there don't know how high they're going to go, and so until we get to the draft, nobody's really it'll just be speculation how it ends up falling. But whatever way it falls, we feel very strong that we're getting a really good player, and who that player is, we'll just have to wait and see. So with the disappointment of all the excitement that goes with pick a number one, number three is still going.
Speaker 8: To be a great building block. For the Vancouver Canucks.
Speaker 1: So again we'll talk more about what else Jim Rutherford had to say, some inter things to say about his future stepping down. His president's going to go into an advisory role. In other words, my idol one day I want to be an advisor to this show. But we'll see if that happens. We'll talk about that a little bit later. But it was all positive and you'd expect that as far as what he had to say at the end about some quality defenseman available. Yes, there is also the disappointment of not being able to draft Gavin McKenna. Or is there Because coming into work today I heard from a couple of people. Shaan malloy is going to be on our show later today from Hockey Prospects Radio. He's one of these people that have has come up with the Frank Cerevelli another one who's come up with a scenario where they can see the Canucks possibly getting the opportunity to draft Gavin McKenna. The thought is when you talk to draft gurus that Ivar Stenberg in Sweden is more NHL ready than Gavin McKenna. The thinking with the Toronto Maple Leafs is you've got Austin Matthews with only a couple of years left in his contract. He wants to play with somebody who's on one of his wings, who's NHL ready, So it might make sense people have Stanberg. Some people have Stenberg number one on their list, and I know things vary depending who you're who you're talking to number one in their last period, regardless of whether he's NHL ready or more, NHL ready or not versus Gavin Kennels. So Stanburgh goes to the Leafs. The Sharks don't have any I think you have one defenseman under contract right now. They're really thin when it comes to defenseman. Maybe they take a defencement. It would make it make a lot of sense. We all know there's a lot of talent up front, right Okay, absolutely with Celebrini and Smith, and who does that leave for the connection? Maybe they do get to maybe they do get to pick Gavin McKenna.
Speaker 6: After all, a lot of theories, a lot of guessing. It's so early done and it's sorely. I I just find it hard to believe you pass up Gavin McKenna one like. I mean, he is the guy that a lot of people think will go first overall, then McKenna maybe or sorry Stenbourg two. And then who do the Canucks take? Who do the Canucks take? I think they take Many's kid, Caleb Maholtra, and I you know, I've been told by a couple of people that right now the Canucks have Maholter.
Speaker 1: Ranked third on their list, so behind.
Speaker 6: I know McKenna's number one on Vancouvers list, and I've been told that Maholter has three on Vancouvers list. I know the read kid is top five on Vancouvers list, the defenseman. But one scout told me.
Speaker 1: Let's take a highly rated American defenseman. That's a good idea. Well, what could go wrong?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but the Canucks are so weak organizationally at center. You know, Maholture makes a lot of sense, But they like Caleb Maholtra a lot a lot.
Speaker 1: Just might work out for them. Let's try to be positive here, It might work out for them. You mentioned Chase Reid, Keaton Vera Hoff and Carl Correls that we had him on last week.
Speaker 3: Great kid.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you what. As you know, the number one quality that a draft pick has to have is their ability to deal with the media and those two kids, Veroff and Carl. Great interviews and great Canadian kids.
Speaker 6: And you know what, I wouldn't mind the Canucks taking the Canadian kid. They haven't taken many in the last few years.
Speaker 1: But you read about Caleable Hultra and how his career has just taken on this year like last year. BHL Coquitlam Chiefs got that right doing it. Yeah, he was with the Coquitlam and you're good, Yeah, chill, sorry, chill, chill, chilly. Coquiplum Chiefs is the name of their minor hockey team, that's right, which they named they've changed now the comments, but he was, he was okay, and then he goes to the Ontario Hockey League and he just explodes. You you see him. I know that that Branford's out of the OHL playoffs, but he just exploded in the in the playoffs after a really way above average regular seat. That's a good one. You know, there's size there, there's character. You know, his parents are just great. Peace Centerman. The Canucks are so weak organizationally at center makes a lot of sense. Here's what's coming up on the show, DTMC. Is it just me in the eleven o'clock hour. Shane molloy, We just talked about it from Hockey Prospects Radio. He is so good when it comes to talking about NHL prospects and with what happened yesterday in the draft coming up, we thought we'd get Shane on the show just after eleven o'clock today, So Shane molloy, Big Ride, the Quitter Guy later this hour and up next, and I'll tell you moch texted me yesterday after the lottery took place, said he's so happy for the Leafs. He's just so happy that they were able to jump from fifth to first. The big big Leafs fan. He's jumping for joy Sa Bob Er, Johanovitch. And by the way, Lions training camp is opening this week. Yeah, there you go, you got you got the shirt on. Up in Cambeps Mogile talk about that and the NHL Mode from Black Press Voice of the BC Alliance. He's next. Donnie Dolly the Team Eject Dollie and Dollie.
Speaker 4: The Team is supported by Ableauctions dot CA Closing your Business we can help.
Speaker 1: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 6: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories, or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 1: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email Sales at able Auctions dot Ca, dot Sales at ab l E Auctions dot Ca Wednesday and all of our guests today, including Modes standing by. Sponsored by the BC Construction Safety Alliance, the BCCSA provides services to more than fifty seven thousand construction companies throughout BC. Visit BCCSA dot Ca for information on their programs, training resources, tools and services. The BC Construction Safety Alliance celebrating twenty five years making safety simpler. Before we get to moje A Bayside Oceanfront Resort in Parksville. Inbox, it's Lauren in Comoks early Is it just me? April thirteenth. I texted you and told you that the fix was in and either Toronto or the Rangers who would get the first overall pick. I told you to take it to the bank. Unbelievable. I knew it would play out this way. I don't think Lorn and Comos is the only people in connect Nation who feels that way, Although I know Mojes couldn't be more happy about the Leafs getting that first overall pick from Blackpass Voice to the BC Alliance. He's headed up to Kamloops this week for training, cap Mode. Thanks for doing this, sir.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 3: Look at this Mountain shadow Taylor and his heyda.
Speaker 9: You know, I figured out why Taylor loves the Mountain Shadowy.
Speaker 10: Imagine how much action Rick he got.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, oh TV star, yeah, young TV star. Yeah, it's amazing what you could do with hair.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oh it's amazing.
Speaker 3: Well, look who you're talking to? A guy with no hair?
Speaker 1: Why are you saying that? Well, no, I'm looking at the picture in the background.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Those were the days.
Speaker 9: Those were the days like well Dolly wall was, you know, fighting for scraps at Chicago tonight Taylor would have his pick of the litter at.
Speaker 6: The Shadow Castle, Blank Muggs and Juggs News the place to be in the eighties.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Speaking in Casa Blanca.
Speaker 9: Next time you get Cara that on, ask him about the Football Cards story at Casa blancas.
Speaker 1: I got a good Castle Blanca story. I can't tell it on the air. But I can't.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll get fired, We'll get fired, We'll get fired.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what you will ask Julia it is we'll ask him about the what's emoje?
Speaker 8: Again?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Uh? The football car coopball card? Okay, I'll market mark it down. Okay.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: Your reaction when you found out the Leafs won the NHL draft bo.
Speaker 9: I think I had up chuck in my mouth, to be honest, it's just I mean Toronto, of all teams, Toronto. I mean, think about the fact that Vancouver's never moved up in the lottery. They always moved down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was we lose. What's happened with your microphone there? You're so worried about your background that you're not You're not you haven't adjusted your mic volume or whatever the heck's wrong with it. I gotta say, this is the best you've ever sounded. We can't hear you. Did you get what we tried? Let's we tried. Let's we try. Yeah, what what are we doing?
Speaker 3: Did you get your equipment of Castle Blanca?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: He's gone? Now what happened? What happened at castle blank.
Speaker 6: Is tell I can't tell you my story will get fired. But anyways, Uh, that's what he gets for putting up that picture of me.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Is he back or not? Left the zoom? So I gotta wait for him.
Speaker 12: He was also a little too uh in the business, we call it overmodules.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's a little too hot. He's only been in the business for fifty five years. Come on, give give him a break. Hold on, hey, hold on, hold on, I got him. Now he's back. He's trying to talk, but there's no sounds. This is just awesome. Yeah, there he is. Oh my goodness, he didn't have glasses on. Was that the problem? Mode?
Speaker 8: What's going on?
Speaker 3: So he still can't here?
Speaker 1: Does he know he's on the air? I don't know. I don't know. God, no, he can't see us. Now you can hear us. Now you better hope he didn't swear.
Speaker 8: You know what.
Speaker 1: Just keep him like this for the next hour. Now, okay, why am I laughing? He laughed again? So okay, let's introduce the wallding dog pool question.
Speaker 6: In the next In the next segment, all right, walling dog pole question, throw wods up again.
Speaker 1: See how he's doing. We got him.
Speaker 8: No, he's walling dog pole.
Speaker 1: Question experience going to Victoria's iconic destinations, sleep, sip, stock up, all in one, legendary spot comes old, I'm not sitting stay doc today. We got to get the poll in here and then we'll go to moch No is he back? No, let's go, let's do the Let's do the pole, get the poll out, get the pull up. That's you, Rick Ryan, the pole that he's showing. No, no, the pole is not showing.
Speaker 6: Okay, hold on, oh here it is, folks, the worst segment in the history of don't enjoy the team on you just saying something. There you go, get the poll up. Here's the poll, the waddling dog pop pole question. The worst Canucks moment in the past twelve months dropping in the lottery is leading at fifty percent, but the huge trade you know what interesting Hughes is next at thirty four, then comes finishing thirty second, and then right at the end is losing Talcket at six percent, but no draw.
Speaker 1: No surprise here. You know, this is one of those instances and it just gives you an idea of how bad the last twelve months have been for the Connucks. We could have had ice eight choices here heatal and Dempko getting injured. Because look when we when we talked about what had to go right for the Canucks. Yeah, this.
Speaker 3: It was out on the well, cut his feet, talk to him privately, Ryan, Okay, Well we.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 6: I hope he doesn't swear. He's gotta he drops a lot of bombs. Yeah, believe me, when him or I are on a line, you know what we gotta we gotta bring.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was gonna say, when we talked about what had to go right for the Canucks, what did we say the health of heatl and and Dempco And we didn't have rue but that maybe should have been on this list as well. Okay, apparently we've uh, we've re established things with Moje. He'll he'll be next. Maybe stay tuned for that.
Speaker 8: You know, all sorts of things going on.
Speaker 1: And the white Caps have a press conference, but we're we're dealing with Moj's audio today. Donny Dwight the tmo Jack. Okay, let's try this again. Reminder that all of our guests, including Moges, we went through this, but we'll do it again in part sponsored by the BC Construction Safety Alliance. Would we got you there, Black Press Voice of the Beach Lines.
Speaker 10: I hate technology, Like everything was fine and it's just whatever reason.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding. I had you big time.
Speaker 3: Your reaction leaves get the first overall pick, take.
Speaker 1: Two go okay?
Speaker 10: Like I said, I almost gagged. I mean it's just I mean, of all teams, the Leafs really And then of course you turn on Sportsnet and they're just doing a victory parade in Toronto. And like we were talking about Donnie, the Canucks just seemed cursed. This whole franchise, this whole organization. Go back to the roulette wheel was Jilbert Parrot. We get stuck with Dale Pallen, right, I mean, ever since then, it just seems like the Canucks, anytime they need a break, they need to bounce, whatever the case may be, they just don't get it.
Speaker 8: Last night with another example, they've never moved up in the lottery. They've always like Toronto to get the pick.
Speaker 6: Sickly Bob the GM search what's your gut saying we're down to the final five, they say, And there's some good names there. What's your gut saying on the GM search.
Speaker 10: Well, from what we're hearing from high ranking sources within Rogers Arena Rick As you know, I'm talking to some people there. Just got a text back from a member of the organization, so to speak. They are the list that are out there are very accurate from what I'm being told. So it's great work by you guys digging up all those names and those candidates. And I'm told that there is no real timeline that the organization quote wants to get it right end quote. In terms of this hire. I know, Donnie, you've you've always been on the Ryan Johnson bandwagon, and.
Speaker 8: I understand that.
Speaker 10: But at the same time, I love the process that they're going through and you know, getting information from other individuals, And at the end of the day, if you find a better candidate, great. If Ryan Johnson is the best candidate, great. All I want, I think all Canuck fans want, is just for the organization to hire them the best qualified candidate for the job.
Speaker 6: Absolutely. But you bring up Ran Johnson, Bobby, He's been here thirteen years. If he's not good enough now, I don't think you'll ever be good enough to be the GM of the Canucks. I mean, is he going to get another crack when he's here nineteen years like, I mean no, no, I mean yeah, if he doesn't get it now. But I am hearing Ryan Johnson still in the mix, very much in the mix. He's not a guy to discount right now. But if he doesn't get it, I don't see him staying with the organization.
Speaker 8: No, not at all.
Speaker 10: I mean, you know you talked about Nashville, Rick the opportunity there. Perhaps maybe they'll allow him to speak to the predators after this. I just there's no way you stay, right, I mean, if you don't get it now, you're not going to get it. So best interests of his career, he will probably leave the organization. So it's interesting because when you look at the candidates, and I know Pierre Dorian's name was floated out yesterday that went over like a lead balloon. You have to find a candidate that also inspires consumer confidence. Clearly, Pierre Dorian does not inspire consumer confidence. So it's dangerous because you don't want your fan base making the selection based on popularity.
Speaker 8: Yet at the same.
Speaker 10: Time, you have to go out there and find the best qualified candidates. So it's a bit of a double edged sword. But in the end, I think the Canucks will have done their due diligence and come up with the best candidate possible.
Speaker 1: Bob. Jim Rutherford let us know that he will be stepping down as team president. With that in mind, how do you think people are gonna look back at the Jim Rutherford era with the Vancouver Caducks not fondly.
Speaker 8: I think they'll look at a lot of mistakes that were made.
Speaker 1: Aid.
Speaker 10: I know that even when they were contending, they were all kind they were always kind of robbing Peter to pay Paul in terms of addressing some of their team needs. Just a misread on the Quinn Hughes situation. A mister, you know, here's the thing that really kind of irritates me, and I don't think a lot of a lot has been said about this. When Rick Hackett left the organization, one of the things he told us, and you know ricking back this up, was the fact that he felt the room wasn't strong enough, that they needed a better leadership group big time.
Speaker 8: So what did they do?
Speaker 10: They went out and they signed to Vander Keane. Jim Rutherford just kind of took that that information and that advice one ear out the other. And then you know, last year, you know, our culture is really bad. We've got to improve our room.
Speaker 8: You knew that going in, and you didn't address the issue. What did you expect to happen?
Speaker 10: So to me, that was just a tragic mistake on Rutherford's part that they didn't do anything to address that leadership group going into the season. I didn't understand it. I know you're talking to Rick. He didn't understand it, but it's just I'm talking Dolly while I'm not talking. But it's just it's just it perplexed me that they didn't do anything knowing that they had a problem going in and well we saw what happened.
Speaker 1: What do you think happened with Shane don't His name seems to have disappeared over the last couple of days.
Speaker 8: No, I reached out to Shane, obviously he's gone silent.
Speaker 10: So yeah, that's one of the things. And he's one of the character guys in the league. Obviously covered him when he played with the Coyotes and had a lot of dealings with them off the ice as well. Just a quality human being. You know, maybe he looked at the situation and just said it's not for me. Maybe the Canucks looked at Shane Don't and you know, Shane isn't exactly the most polished guy in terms of, you know, presenting himself to the public. I'm not saying he's Jim Benning, but then again, I'm not saying he's Mike GILLISITHO. Right, So maybe they felt there was something there that they didn't like.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I mean, we won't know until either party speaks, whether it's ownership or Shane Doan. But I love Shane don I thought he would have been a great addition to the organization. Again, a guy with a lot of integrity, a lot of class, and one of those people that you know everybody loves.
Speaker 1: I like the way he comes across actually in public, you know, like he's He's not Pat Quinny by any means, but he comes across as as you would say, a man of the people.
Speaker 8: Moch Yeah, Yeah, that's a fair assessment.
Speaker 10: And maybe I'm not using the right words to describe what I'm what I'm asking or we can carry you though, But I think that the big thing is it's just you know, I think a lot of this organization, a lot of what they're doing is they're just trying to find somebody who knows how to handle this Canadian market, right, And Shane don is never really I mean, he never played in Canada. He was part of the Leafs organization, but he wasn't the front Winnipig though. Yeah, but I mean, yeah, that's true my balance season, yeah yeah, before they moved over there. So you know, I think maybe that comes into play as well. And again it goes to what we talked about earlier, which is consumer confidence. To be honest, I think the fans in Vancouver would have been fine with Shane.
Speaker 1: Don uh VC Lions training camp opening up in Kamloops this week. I think the main camp gets going Sunday in Kamloops, moj Is there any way? Is there any way? Are you okay there? What happened?
Speaker 8: I just got a text. I was just wondering who it was, though, Okay.
Speaker 1: Shane Don't by any chance?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Is there any way Nathan Murk can improve on his.
Speaker 8: MLP season without a doubt. And I'll tell you why.
Speaker 10: Because last year when the Lions went to training camp, they call what they call putting the package in the install.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 10: Last year's install was pretty basic. This year's install when they go to camp, I was told by Buck Pierce is the offense they were running against Saskatchewan in the playoff game. So, as Nathan mentioned the other day, he used going from a one und level course to a two hundred level course, I think it's more like going from one hundred to a graduate level course, right, I mean they can put in all the little nuance. They've got the base, they've got the foundation. Now it's about, you know, putting in all those little nuances and trickerations that you know give you different looks. And in talking to you know, Buck Pierce and Ryan rigg Maiden, I think another thing that comes into play is just knowledge, right, I mean Buck knows what players on what the players on the offense can do, what they're capable of, what they're not capable of.
Speaker 8: And it was interesting.
Speaker 10: It's funny because you know, I kind of thought about the Canucks dropping the third in the draft lottery and something that Ryan rig Maiden told me said when he was scouting, he would always look for the most athletic player, the guy you know who performed on the field. Now, he says, he's looking at players that fit into Buck's system. Sometimes those players that he scouted before don't necessarily work with what Buck or Mike Benavite's is trying to do on defense. So now he's looking at guys that are fit. And it's kind of funny because when you look at the NHL Draft, you know, is Stenberg a fit in Toronto? Is Bendeen looking at him and saying, hey, we need him more than McKenna. You get down to San JOSEA two, you know they need defenceman, right, so again, do they go for the fit with a defenseman?
Speaker 8: Who knows?
Speaker 10: Maybe McKenna drops to three in the in you know, the draft. I mean it's a possibility, But I'm just thinking along those lines of what Ryan Rick Maiden said with the Lions. You know, you're looking for guys that are fits sometimes. So maybe the Canucks do wind up getting McKenna. But back to football, a lot of optimism with this team. I think the biggest concern is we've talked about a few times is what happens in the secondary. How does that shape up as a unit?
Speaker 1: Okay, and Mooch also giving a chance to plug an event at near and dear to your heart, the big Bang, your golf tournament is back.
Speaker 10: Well, it's kind of funny. Here's just you're saying. Who was texting? Was Brendan Dillon in the Capitol, So you know he might be able to come up. Troy Stutcher's talk to about switching his schedule and getting up. We've already got Shay Weber, Joel Edmondson confirmed shn Brothers are working on it. I've got a lot of lions coming up, ger Roy Simon's coming into town for the event, Brent Johnson.
Speaker 8: So yeah, it's gonna be a.
Speaker 10: Great line of Dallas Smith, Chad Brown, and we've got some musical folks coming up, maybe Chad Kruger. So the lineup is coming together nicely. So where and when Monday, June twenty ninth at the Harvest. Taylor has already said no, I don't know why, because you could just take another Monday off. You can do your three day work week.
Speaker 8: It's not you have a show on on my show.
Speaker 1: We got a show I'm working on Mondays. Hey, you know you as a week, you're the boss.
Speaker 8: You can all you can take whatever day. You coming off right. No, No, I mean you're like, look at this. You're a TV star, look at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what. It took me fifteen minutes to realize what you were talking about. That is the Mountain Shadow. Yeah, it's the mountains. It's very impressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know what he said it time listen, mister microphone you exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh man, oh that was if those walls could talk. Oh ill, Mountain Shadow. It's not not with us any longer. Sadly shout out to Duchy Denimis.
Speaker 8: I loved the Shadow was a great spot.
Speaker 1: I really was. Okay, Ryan's giving me the signals, Moje, glad you got things that worked out technically and all the best up in Kamlops.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to you next week from there.
Speaker 8: Talk to you next week, fellows. Have a great rest of the week, you bet.
Speaker 1: Bob the Mogmodonovitch Black Press voice of the BC Lions again. Training camp opening up in kamps.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I get ready. This is the year Nathan Work gets him over the hump bucket.
Speaker 1: Well Western Final, the Well. A lot of people think they should have won that. They blew it. They blew it. Should have been playing in the Gray Cup that didn't happen, But as Moge said, there's with even Nathan Rourke, room for improvement when it comes to the BC Lions. Okay, let's take a break. We want to talk obviously a little bit more about the lottery, but also the draft lottery last night, but also the situation with Jim Ruthlifford and his search for a GM and his future as well. Before we go to break some business. May twelfth, Able Auctions will sell the contents of a Delta metal fabrication shop. May fourteenth, Able will sell the contents of three restaurants and two grocery stores, including all inventory. For information on these auctions or other auctions, go to able Auctions dot CA. Able Auctions specializes in the sale of business assets and inventories. If you're considering closing your business in need everything sold, email sales at able Auctions dot CA, Sales at a b l E Auctions dot C A Shane molloy from Hockey Prospects Radio at the top of the hour, Shane will have a thing or two to say about which players that Canuckts may or may not be interested in or should take. At number three overall during the June NHL Draft Shane eleven o'clock up. Next, Big Ride, the Twitter Guy, Donnie Dolly, the team one check looking for the ultimate Vancouver Island getaway. Head to beautiful Parks Bill and experience the Bayside ocean Front Resort, where every stay feels like a vacation you'll never forget. From sunrise walks on the beach to sunsets on the patio, Bayside puts you steps from the sand with ocean views in every direction. Splashing the indoor and outdoor pools, hit the fitness center, then relax with a hand crafted cocktail at the ocean Front Restaurant and Lounge. Whether it's date night, a family trip, or a corporate event, Bayside is your perfect year round escape. Book your getaway now at two five oz two four eight eight triple three. Your Island adventure starts here. Our thanks to Bob or Jonovitch who joined us for the last two seconds. Oh. This segment belongs to Big Rye, the Twitter Guy. Are we gonna start with a special event at Queen's Park Arena.
Speaker 12: There's an event taking place right now Usminster Queen's Park Arena. There's a push to have a statue built outside of Queen's Park Arena to honor Punch McClain. Our good pal Steve Ewan tweeting out moments ago. This is Bill Ramford currently at the mic talking about Punch. Farhand is m seeing the event. You see him on the right there and you see Punch on the left. We've had a couple including Maple Ridge. Mike is one of them, I.
Speaker 1: Know for sure.
Speaker 12: Yeah, who are there people that he's one viewers of the show that are there in attendance at Queen's Park right now as this event is going on. So good on folks at Queen's Park and the group trying to get the statue built for Punch.
Speaker 1: And we talked about this yesterday and we brought it up and people in our base inbox were astounded. Ernie's not in the BC Sports Hall of Fame. So yeah, ninety three years old, let's get a move on. A statue is one thing. BC Sports Hall of Fame is another. But good on Patrick singing and everybody who's a friend of Ernie's, everybody going all out to get a statue made of Ernie outside of Queen's Park are In. Of course, Bill played for Ernie Becken during his second go round. I believe with the Newest Bruns it's.
Speaker 6: The house he built Queen's Park and the four teams that Donnie every year they won the dub title. We've been through the names schmiel Stan smeil Bury, beck Grodnik, Fistrict, JP Kelly.
Speaker 1: He deserves it.
Speaker 6: If anybody deserves a statue outside of Rink in Lower Mainland, is Ernie punch McLean outside Queen's Park?
Speaker 1: Get it done?
Speaker 3: What are the people waiting for? What are they waiting for?
Speaker 1: Dot? I always say this that when the Newest Bruins were in their heyday and they went to foest Right Memorial Cups, it was in the seventh and this is when Vancouver finally got itself a National Hockey League franchise, and that team was I would say just as popular the News Bruns as the Conkspring years and years. You know, people in not just the city of Ink, for the province waited for the National Hockey franchise. They got one was very well supported, but man, those guys were on fire and going to those games as a kid was as big a deal. It was as big a deal as it was going to a national hockey the game. And it's not just about the titles for Ernie. The four Memorial Cup appearances, two Memorial Cup titles he graduated over I believe one hundred players to the National Hockey League. And not only that, but you go to these events and there's players there that you may be forgotten about or maybe never heard of, but they respected what Ernie did for them as young men and set them on the right path. So it's not just about the titles for Ernie, Punch McLain. I hope this all works out, and good on Bill Ranford Consplit Trophy winner nineteen ninety with their orders for showing up local legend for sure.
Speaker 12: Punch McLain. Okay, I'm gonna mention you and for the second time in the segment because Steve has a very interesting article up at the Province right now that I employed to read.
Speaker 1: It's about the BC Sports Hall of Fame.
Speaker 12: We're gonna mention again because the Hall of Fame, courtesy our friends at FIFA, are getting kicked out a BC place for two months starting on May the fourteenth, the BC Sports Hall of Fame is moving everything out of their current location because it's apparently going to be used as a media center during the World Cup. The hall is, so they're kicking them out. This, however, is unlike the Women's World Cup. When the Women's World Cup was here at BC Place, FIFA again the hall was closed on match days, which is understandable obviously, but it was open on the other times, so people, if you were in town, you were seeing the games, you wanted something to do with a sports connection, you could still go to the BC Sports Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Same thing is not happening this time.
Speaker 12: More importantly, they're not being compensated really in any manner whatsoever for being booted out of here, including the six employees that are on staff the BC Sports Hall of Fame are a good pal. Jason Beck is having to do a ton of work moving everything around.
Speaker 1: They've already had physical work, yeah, because for those of you there are statues yesterday, you have the.
Speaker 12: Hall of Fame that everybody goes and sees, but the additional pieces they're archive that's in that building as well, that they also have to move around, which they've already had to move multiple times for FIFA as it is because of the renovations on going at BC Place.
Speaker 1: It's just I hope the World Cup is worth it. I like, like honestly, like there's there's stories out of the States that you know, like are you gonna go see Jordan play Austria Austria? You know, like like is the Canadian Games will be fine? But I just want it Is it going to be worth it? Because they It just seems that we are going out of our way for this. And I get it, it's the biggest sport in the world and you've got to give it a shot. Absolutely, But I just I just I just wonder because it seems like we as a province are betting over as a country, are betting over backwards for this event. I'm not criticizing it. I'm just I'm just wondering if it's going to work out. By the way that space is going to be used for the media, Yeah that's what I said.
Speaker 12: Yeah, a media, a media center of some kind.
Speaker 6: People are squawking about the hotel prices. It's not about the people that are coming to here to see the FIFA Games. It's about the guys that are trying to get to Vancouver for a business meeting or whatever.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I got a buddy coming down in July and he's like, you know, the prices. Hotel prices are ridiculous in Vancouver.
Speaker 12: Well, it's backfiring a bit because we're hearing about a lot of the holds Big Time that they had thinking would be sold are going back as inventory because they're not sold. It's not happening. I think this whole thing's been a mis read. I think FIFA has completely misread North America as a market. I think they thought everybody would be just so thankful. And there's a lot politically that plays into this, especially down south, that maybe that people aren't traveling as much as they expected when they were.
Speaker 1: Awarded this World Cup. But I think it well.
Speaker 12: I think in general, I think people up here the sticker shock for the ticket prices for all of the games beyond Canada, you've completely priced. Doubt anybody that's remotely a casual fan. Hell, we know soccer people. Mike Alford is a soccer person. He doesn't have tickets. He's not going because the price.
Speaker 1: And soccer people do not want to hear this, and I understand it. I have nothing but respect for them. It's not the biggest sport in on this continent. No, it's not close close. I'm sorry, and I know it's different and you're gonna have people, well maybe you're gonna have people traveling, but this just in people have changed their travel plans over the last couple of months because of the cost of fuel, cost of living, cost of living period. Yeah, exactly, and when all, you know, a lot of it starts with what's happening with the gas prices, with the fuel prices. It's just it's a different environment than it is in South America and Europe. And I know they'll they'll say, well, ninety four was successful as well. It was held in the United States, and I got you know, you know, things went reasonably well at that point in ninety four, but it's different times. It's just I'm with you. I'm just I'm not I'm not wishing anything bad on it. I'm just curious to know if, like you say, they've misread everything.
Speaker 12: I just the sticker shock for prices. It's just it's just it's been close.
Speaker 6: FIFA president company, what an arrogant cocky you know what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, both beat it, get out of dodge.
Speaker 6: Nobody even knows who you are and kid, I'm glad the City of Vancouver told them to beat it.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that they did that.
Speaker 12: And again they just do nothing to dispel that feeling towards them. He knows nothing to do. That is what he did at the Congress last week was I don't know what he was thinking. He thinks he's a world power. He does you think he's a president of like like a political president or president of a country.
Speaker 1: You're a president of a football associated problem, Ryan is that there's some other parts of the world.
Speaker 3: He is like people, Well, you're right here.
Speaker 1: Like I've always said this about people who have you know, these large security forces. And I understand some people do have to have it, you know, presidents and prime ministers and people like that, big time celebrities. But somebody like that, why would you want to move Exactly, You're just drawing attention to yourself exactly, like people are gonna go, who's that? He must be something important. I want to go check it out. I just don't want attention, but.
Speaker 12: You draw it by doing those I feel bad for the Hall of Fame. This was a chance and they're booted out and scanning.
Speaker 6: Great great God, Jason Becker and look at like one of the best soccer players that's been produced is Christine Sinclair from this market.
Speaker 12: From here, you could have gone into the BC Sports Hall of Fame and learned about her and the other great soccer players out of Vancouver. Nope, and all the athletes. But no, we're out for two months because they're gonna use as a media center, which we'll even see.
Speaker 1: How for seven house seven games.
Speaker 12: Well, we'll see how full that media center is again with travel and all the rest of it. WHOA, Okay, we'll continue. We'll get back to the Canucks talk. Malloy's next talk about the draft the lottery. We got to talk about Ruther for its future.
Speaker 1: We're gonna load it.
Speaker 12: Second hour of the program. It's next to Donny Dolly the team I Check.
Speaker 1: Hey everyone, it's Donnia Dolly and we're looking to partner with your company.
Speaker 6: We have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on the show, in our podcast, and on social media.
Speaker 1: We'd love to get involved with your company. Called two five to oho eight eight oh twenty two eighty two or email advertise at Checkmedia dot Ca. Wednesday and Oliver our guest today as mentioned twice with Mode as a matter of fact, brought to you by and that includes Shane molloy standing by from Hockey Prospects Radio. The BC Construction Safety Alliance. The BCCSA provides services to more than fifty seven thousand construction companies throat BC. Visit BCCSA dot Ca for info on their programs, training resources, tools and services. The BC Construction Safety Alliance celebrating twenty five years making safety simpler. We haven't had Shane on the show for a long time. He used to be a regular Ryan. What's going on? Shane malloy joining us now from Hockey Prospects Radio. Shane, thanks for doing this, sir.
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 3: Where are you been.
Speaker 1: Doing?
Speaker 11: Great gentlemen, You guys are the voice of the Vancouver fan base. I've been pretty busy, so I'm actually just completing my PhD. So I've been under a rock pounding away trying to get that completed.
Speaker 1: Rick and I are just working on ours. We'll get back here. Shane author, but.
Speaker 11: Rick is the dissertation of himself.
Speaker 1: There you go, There you go. Author, by the way, The Art of Scouting Shane Mullway Okay, So the NHL draft lottery. We all know the story. You know the story.
Speaker 3: The Canucks drop from first to third.
Speaker 1: Should the Canucks feel as devastated as their fans do, Well, they can't.
Speaker 11: Honestly, they can't be emotional about it. They can't make emotional decisions. That's what gets you into trouble. Funny enough, that's actually the entire dissertation of mine is on decision making for NHL hockey operations. And one of the issues that we find, particularly if you use intuitive decision making, is emotion carries a heavy weight inside of that. So the hockey opps department at the Vancouver Canucks just needs to pick up it and carry on. And the reason I say that also is there's gonna be an excellent player there for at number three. I know there's disappointment, but there's gonna be a player there that is going to be an anchor for this franchise. So and you have another pick in the first round as well, and two early into the second, into the mid second. So there's a great opportunity to fill the cupboards here. So I know it's disappointment, and you know I'm here to help talk people off the ledge, But I really think there's an opportunity here, and I'm not concerned about the third. Overall, there's there's a couple of ways you can go that could really help this franchise.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I've heard that this morning from a couple of sources. But number one Toronto, Number two San Jose, number three vanccouver. Is there a scenario where Gavin McKenna is available for the conduction at number three.
Speaker 11: That's a possibility. It really is gonna depend on what Toronto does, because if Toronto decides to take Stenberg, who is more well rounded at this stage of his development and can fit easier into an NHL alignment roster and doesn't have to be as insulated.
Speaker 1: That's a possibility.
Speaker 11: However, if I look at the Toronto Maple Lice business department, they're gonna be salivating to get Gavin McKenna because he's gonna sell more merchandise and more jerseys and it's an easier marketing for them instead of ivers Stenberg, you know, So that's gonna be a battle. I'm interested to see what comes out of their scouting department, because you know, the head of their scouting department, Mark Leach is a very very good scout.
Speaker 1: He worked with.
Speaker 11: Dallas and Detroit and they've done an exceptional job there. So I'm curious to see how that plays out. And then as that moves to San Jose. You know, we talk about best player available, but if the group of players are within the same tier group, it doesn't really actually apply. It really is based on scarcity and supply and demand, which is defenseman. So in reality, they really should take a defenseman at second overall, which leaves whatever is left over for the Vancouver Canucks to choose from. And in that case, what would you like potential number one center in Caleb Mahotra or do you want a top pairing defenseman depending on who's left, whether it be Keaton bear Off or Carson Carls or Daxon Rudolph. It fits within the framework of what you want the Vancouver Canucks to have. For me personally, because defensemen are hard to find in the draft, only sixteen on average per draft. In the saladkap Era play more than two in our games, so supplying demand in scarcity is really important when it comes to defenseman. So for me, if I'm the Vancouver Canucks and it's sitting there and in my tier group, I'm going to take one of the defensemen as much as I covet Kayleb Mahodra.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I want to talk to you about Caleb Maholtra. The Canucks love him.
Speaker 6: They've had multiple viewings by multiple people in Ontario this season. Matt one night, they had four guys there to watch Maholtra.
Speaker 1: What do you like about him?
Speaker 8: And I think the.
Speaker 6: Canucks got him at the three slot. Right now, Shane, what do you like about Mahultra?
Speaker 3: What do you like about him?
Speaker 11: I think I'll give the fans a little bit of comparable I always don't always like player comparables. However, I would say he's a mix between Jonathan Taves and Niko Heisher. Great in between those two types of players. So he what I really appreciate about his game. I know he's got a lot of points in the CHHL, but he's playing against eighteen to nine year olds. He's not playing against college level players that are twenty one, twenty two years of age twenty three. But what he does exceptionally well is his willingness to sacrifice offensive production for the betterment of the team and for wins. And when you have a player at that age who already recognizes that value. I can take the hockey sense, I can take his size, I can take his skating ability, I can take his off pup play, which are all all very good to excellent. But it's that willingness to recognize what it takes to win for me is the separating point, which is why I have him as my top level center coming into the draft. I actually have him rated higher than Iverstenberg.
Speaker 6: Wow, what defenseman is number one in your eyes? Is going to be the first off the board on your list?
Speaker 1: Chase Reid?
Speaker 11: I think Chase heid will be the first off right shot defenseman six' to two over two hundred, pounds an excellent, Skater he'll have the capability to quarterback a power, play number one penalty killing, unit can match up, defensively SO i think he he's probably first off the. Board then it's depending on what you pick your. Poison do you Want Keaton, verhoff who is six' four and is probably play at two hundred and twenty two hundred and twenty five pounds right handed shot could be on your second unit power Play For VANCOUVER because I.
Speaker 1: Have zee bulliam on.
Speaker 11: The one he's first unit, penalty kill and then he's the right shot defenseman that matches Up With ze bulliam to be your first pair for an, entire decade which allows you To put Willander and patterson the defenseman as a. Second pairing now you have four defensemen as your core for a decade, or longer and then you build around that. Defense corps as much AS obviously I, covet centerman defense are so hard to find that if you get a chance to, get one grab him in the front part of, this DRAFT because i have five defensemen WHO all i think are going to be first, pairing defenseman not necessarily, number one but certainly going to be.
Speaker 1: First pairing where.
Speaker 6: Do You Got vancouver Giants Defenseman ryan linny just had a great. Eighteen overseas where's he going in? YOUR eyes i think he's going in my. SECOND tier i have him in in that thirteen to.
Speaker 11: Seventeen, RANGE okay i think You'll get and one of the main reasons, Is look smaller defenseman generally.
Speaker 1: Don't play IN.
Speaker 11: THE nhl, i mean history has proven that from the salad cap, era on it's very rare for a smaller defenseman, to play but his advantages his, hockey sense, his mobility and the fact that he can quarterback up, power play which so if you put him on, a second second, defense pair insulate him with a defensive defenseman and you have been more offensive zone starts and as well as quarterbacks of. Power play that's where you can leverage his strengths and. His VALUE and i think he's the only offensive, defenseman honestly that is a pure offensive defenseman that is going to play IN the nhl from this.
Speaker 1: Draft, class shane let's go back a couple of. Answers ago you're saying that. It connects go to the podium at. Number Three caleb Maholtra And ivers stanberg are there. For them You're Taking. Caleb maholtra have they got? That, right yes, because wow man VERSUS the, i mean you Went, through mahultra but the two of them compared.
Speaker 11: To, each, other well the main reason Is because maholtre is a center and a center who can actually one of the most important THINGS that i had to LEARN as i started to develop as a scout is understand how little you actually have the puck in. Your stick, On average you may only have. THE pop a defenseman may have it one or two percent of the time he's on, the ice a center may have it five or. Six percent so what do you do in the other ninety five ninety four percent of the time to help your, team win whether your team has the puck. Or not so it's all based on off. Puck play, You Know jason BUCKLE and. I are he's on my show all. THE time i work from At The Pro, hockey GROUP and i think people are sick and tired of us talking about, B game but it's so critical to the value of, a PLAYER and i think that's the advantage in the middle of. The ice you have to control the middle of, the ice and THAT'S where I think mahotra can match up defensively on the road against top line centers in his wheelhouse of an age of say twenty four to, thirty one the prime of, his career THAT'S where i think he's going to be the.
Speaker 1: Most effective you're, an author you're working on, your PhD co Host Of Hockey. Prospect radio Have the knucks approached to you about THEIR vacant gm Job shape they.
Speaker 11: Have not why it was one of the it was one of the stipulations for my PhD that i wasn't allowed to work for a team because my focus was on inhal, hockey operations so there would have been a bias and a conflict. Of Interest SO i'm i was unable to work for a team for the last five and a half YEARS while i did.
Speaker 1: This research but you do have somethings On hockeyp you do have some things to say About the canucks. DAM search. I, understand.
Speaker 11: Well, it's interesting Is what i've been doing the last twenty plus years on my radio Show In Hockey prospect Radio is i've been interviewing all the DIRECTOR level AGM and gm candidates IN, the NHL and i took all those all the video and audio from, those INTERVIEWS and i actually had them analyzed to help understand how these people, made DECISIONS so i could match it with their quantitative output of what they did in, their DEPARTMENTS so i can understand what's really. Going on AND then i started, analyzing THEMSELVES so i started PUTTING together i started writing executive profiles of all these different candidates, to, understand, all right who's actually. Really good there's narratives out there about who's good and. Who's not but when you actually dig into the research from the quantitative standpoint and then figure out how they actually, make decisions you know what type of mental models do, they use what type of what's, their biases what's. Their defaults understanding what you know mental and emotional attributes they lean on under duress when they're making decisions helps you understand how they make decisions because what they've done in the past isn't a perfect predictor of, the future but it gives you a pretty.
Speaker 1: Good, understanding okay so all those big words, a sideline who's good and? Who's not tell us who's got? The job you've heard THE names i.
Speaker 11: WOULD say i would, say this here are the best decision makers end up coming out of the amateur department and player development because they have to deal with the greatest level of variables and difficulty for. Their jobs so if you look INTO, the nhl the best people at decision MAKERS that i have found that are available Would be marcinnetti From The, La Kings martin madden From The, Anaheim Ducks ross mahoney From The. WASHINGTON capitals i Would Put jamie langerbrunner From The boston bruins in, that mix and then, AS well i Would Put, mike fuda who currently Works for sportsnet because he had WORKED. With la based on The evaluations i've done from the, qualitative standpoint and then based on, their output they're.
Speaker 1: The best i'll tell you.
Speaker 11: Something impressive so from six two thousand and six to, twenty TWENTY The la kings in their second to seventh rounds only had one. Hundred picks twenty eight of them went on to play more than two hundred games twenty eight percent from the second to. Seventh rounds that tells you how good of an evaluated. You are you know What The vancouver canucks did in. That timeframe they got, seventeen overall including their first. Round PICKS so la beat them by eleven players without even using a first. ROUND pick i don't think you even want to want me to tell you what number they hit with the.
Speaker 1: First, ROUNDERS well i didn't need a PhD to figure. That out, It's, Forty okay.
Speaker 11: They had forty players in fifteen years that In The vancouver canucks. Had seventeen so if you want to rebuild, your franchise it comes from it comes from drafting and player development and what's happening In The American. Hockey league you have, to like how many players are you actually putting INTO the nhl that would be playayoff. Level players that tells you who's actually really good and what's there's a narrative about, People, said oh he's really he's. Really, Good okay i'm not, being mean but what's the where's your evidence to? Support That i'm i'm happy to talk to people and most, you know majority of people in the hockey world are. Great people but that doesn't necessarily mean you're great at what, you do and experience doesn't. Equal competence just because you've been doing something a long time doesn't mean you're good. At it there could be a blow average and keep your job for. Twenty years in, any industry. It happens it's the way.
Speaker 1: It GOES like, i say we're very aware, Of. THAT shane I wish i didn't ask you that. Last question we're out of time for not just you what's, going on but the, Entire, show shane above. AND beyond i know This is christmas time, for you the lottery and the draft. Coming up you made time. For us we can't thank.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 11: Enough, anytime gentlemen you two are the voice Of the vancouver fan BASE and i Miss b mac on the air to as Well As dan russell because THAT'S what i.
Speaker 1: Grew up, Uh, yeah shane thanks, So much thanks for the. Kind words. Appreciate it we'll get you back on. You Bet shane molloya Got The prospector radio author Of the Art. Of scouting He Mentioned, martin madden junior Of The. Anaheim ducks that's a name we want to discuss in our next segment as we delve into the canuccess search FOR a Gm And jim rutherford's future. As Well donnie dolly the team.
Speaker 4: On check Donnie and dolly the team is Supported by ABLEAUCTIONS. Dot ca Closing your business we.
Speaker 2: Can Help.
Speaker 1: Able auctions specializes In Helping british columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in, a timely.
Speaker 6: Orderly manner online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to, industrial equipment retail inventories or any other type of. Business Assets able auctions.
Speaker 1: Can help for a free confidential consultation on getting your business, assets sold Please email sales At able auctions. Dot ca a THAT'S SALES, N A B L e AUCTIONS. DOT c a wading dog, Pole question rick, All right.
Speaker 6: Ryan got her up the wadling dog put. Pole question The worst connects moment in the past. Twelve months dropping in the lottery is leading, no Surprise But quinn hughes trade is in second place thirty. Five percent not a. Good thing when you draft a franchise defenseman and he, wants out not a.
Speaker 1: GOOD thing i think it was the right thing. To do it's just too bad it got to that point where it was the right thing to if that makes. Any sense there's recency bias too when it comes to dropping in, The lottery but that was a maybe it's not just, recency bias NOT that I that i think. About it that was that was tough, to watch especially When the leaves ended up winning the thing in a division rival goes from nine. To two that's a that was tough. To take, we're, good right. All right we wanted to talk, about obviously we spent a lot of time talking about, the draft lottery and the draft. Coming Up Boy shane malloy was an Impressive From Hockey. Prospects radio what he had to say about those two Forwards Being caleb Mahultra and iverstenberg if they're. Both available, At three He's Taken caleb maholtra and that. Was Interesting But jim rutherford talked to the media after the draft lottery yesterday and obviously he expressed his opinion on dropping from first to third in. The draft not all, that happy but what can? You DO as i sum it up. That Way But jim ruthford is, seventy seven so obviously the question had to be asked about. His future there's been all sorts. Of speculation But here's jim yesterday Clip five nina on how much he thinks about stepping back from his Role as. Cannack's president think about it.
Speaker 8: A Lot and.
Speaker 7: I'm going to get away from the day to. Day operations i'm going to stay with the team as an advisor and an. Alternate governor but as far as the day to, day operations where we're gonna we're gonna put together really good staff here. Going forward, and uh this Is something i've thought about anyways for a couple. Of years but it's time for me to. Do THAT it's i feel BAD that i have to do it at such a. Young AGE but i decided to do. It anyways it'll be effective after. The draft i'll help with the transition and with the with the new person and new people in different positions and things, like.
Speaker 4: That And.
Speaker 7: But i'll still be part of. The organization and when somebody wants to bounce something, Off me i'm happy to do it.
Speaker 1: All right there, you, go advisor. Alternate Governor But jim ufford stepping back in the in the. Near future so that leads us TO the, gm SEARCH the gm slash. President search and we're talking about them looking at one person for, the job not how think a president? At all are they going to hire? Two people what's?
Speaker 6: Going, on well it's one thing we. Do know donnie no Timeline FOR canucks. Gm search he said they'd HAVE a gm by, next week but not a. Specific date they want to do, This right they don't want to screw. This up we're looking at. Changes everywhere we're looking, at, management coaching. Don scouting i'm hearing that looks changes are coming in the. Scouting department they could. Be big why not take? Your time why not take? Your Time ryan johnson is still very much in. THE mix a couple of people told Me that johnson's going to run the. Scouting meetings that's. Pretty big it's significant for me because those are. Huge meetings cannucks.
Speaker 1: Have a third.
Speaker 6: Overall pick here's your list of people still booting around in the in the question to Be, THE, Canucks Gm, ryan johnson don't rule. Him out still in, The mix Shane don is we are hearing now is not in, the Mix But, Evan Gold jamie Langerbrun And, Ryan Bonus. Pierre dorion, you know but now That the canucks got the word Of the dorians, not, available well yesterday.
Speaker 1: WAS strange i don't think we have time to Run The gary mason tweets because earlier in the day we talked about a lot on the show that it Looked Like pierre DORIAN was i wouldn't Saying he i'm not going to say he looked like he was getting, the job but it looked like it. Was close and then later in the day it was. Dialed back it was almost like they sent out a. TRIAL balloon i wonder what people's reaction would be if They hired if They hired dorian and overwhelmingly, our show every show, in town, the internet social media so negative when it came to the possibility Of the Canucks Hiring, pierre dorian and later in The Day gary mason tweets saying it's not going. To happen the chances. ARE nil i can't remember the, exact words so that's that's not going. To Happen but rick a name not on that List that seane malloy spoke. Glowingly of and we Understand the canucks the very least. Are interested, if not they've talked. To him And That's, martin madden junior Of The. Anaheim ducks what do? You, know well WHAT do i know IS.
Speaker 6: An agm WHAT do i know Is that anaheim's coming out of their rebuild for the first time in. Eight years what have they been doing? A lot donnie drafting high seven times in the, top ten three times in the. Top three go Look at anaheim's under twenty three. Player roster how many guys under twenty three on? THEIR roster i think they LEAD the nhl in guys with points under. Twenty three he's done a, wonderful job but he's. Picking high but you can pick high and fail and pick the. Wrong guy he's been picking high and nailing the picks that's a.
Speaker 1: Big difference and they Picks Like leo Carlson Over, adam fantilly which a lot of people were.
Speaker 6: Surprised at You and seneca In the canucks. Are evidence you can pick High, and bomb who did they pick? Tenth overall don in twenty nineteen doesn't play, here anymore doesn't play. Here anymore so you can pick in the Top, ten bomb or you can do what they think they got that.
Speaker 3: Pick right you gotta.
Speaker 1: Argue that but unfortunately he's playing. Well else i'm thinking more Like you Levy. And britannon so what this Guy.
Speaker 6: In anaheim's done is not only is he, picking high he's kneeling the picks, because you as we Know with vertannan And you levy And bod goles and you can also pick on the ten at top ten and blow It DO.
Speaker 1: And i think he's got a dual. ROLE there i think IT'S a gm Director Of, amateur scouting so really really. Respect IT and i believe his dad WAS a Gm The, quebec Nordiques if i'm. Not mistaken so it comes from a Hockey family canadian guy Working, for. Anaheim YEP and I believe carolina that's. The name this popped up in the last week. Before that the other person who Shame alway Endorris Was, jamie langenberg who's on that list From The.
Speaker 6: Boston bruins very impressive assistant Jam, In boston Jamie. Langer bruner he has interviewed With the. CANUCKS once i don't know if he's had that second. Interview, yet okay how are?
Speaker 1: You? Doing ryan got?
Speaker 13: Some?
Speaker 1: Business?
Speaker 6: Yah absolutely look at this BC's number one sport memorabilia Gaming Shop pasttime sports check out the largest selection of, sports memorabilia autographed, itemustrading cards collectible Games In. Western canada look at this twenty Twenty Six world cup apparel and. Cards available if you can't visit them, in store you can shop their massive selection featuring cards from any era online or pastime sports DOT c a laptop front of.
Speaker 12: The, laptop Okay see Getting The job done game Number one panini cards in the right cards of, the day both involving a series Beginning tonight Montreal. Against Buffalo, josh ANDERSON who i thought has been really good so far in. The playoffs he's a card on the left card in the middle of the head coach Of The, Buffalo Sabers.
Speaker 1: LINDY roff i didn't Realize That lindy roff was a journeyman's defense mode bit but had. OFFENSIVE ability i was looking at his HOCKEY d b the. Other day i'm a bit of. A nerd you really are man a twenty goal season at, one, point consistent, you know ten twenty goal scorer for a period of time with the bub full.
Speaker 4: Of.
Speaker 1: Sabers yeah see it's in the pedalfe. You guys so it doesn't come no matter.
Speaker 12: At all you're saying that the other day you were just randomly Looking At lindy REROUGH'S.
Speaker 1: Hockey dB it is, really sad. Isn't IT will i will give. You that it just took me. By surprise you just hate names from. THE seventies i, Do, not yeah. YOU do i.
Speaker 12: Do not you were all in a two great DECADES because i Didn't Have reggie leach on that, list Earlier And dolley wall got all the best.
Speaker 1: Decades ever the seventies for him and the eighties. For, me, okay okay show that shot at me with the. Hair, again yeah exactly at the mountain SHADOW it Dtmz Next, donnie doggy the team on.
Speaker 10: CHECK The Bc Construction safety alliance is celebrating twenty five years OF making bc work. Sites safer as part of, that MISSION the bccsa is now on the road With the Safety, on tour a new mobile education experience that delivers live safety demonstrations directly to your, work, site school. Or community Safety on tour, offers engaging interactive demonstrations that highlight key, safety principles whether it's the effectiveness of fall, arrest systems the advantages of safe, lifting procedures or the protection offered, by helmets safety glasses. And gloves Safety on tour transforms safety information into memorable and. Actionable experiences book now a reserve and appearance By the Safety on tour. Mobile experience CONTACT The Bc construction Safety a lines By emailing Safety on TOUR at BCCSA.
Speaker 8: Dot ca.
Speaker 6: It's eleven thirty two On a, Wednesday morning Donnie and doni ON. Check tv no TIME for gtmz brought to you by the World famous Swiss Of. Golf club go See big al, Out There, Great Track GREAT track.
Speaker 1: Dtmz brought to you By The Arnold Palmer design List The golf Club or phase two of their extensive golf course renovation. Is underway the golf course will reopen for play in the summer of twenty, twenty seven but the ranges. Open now follow Them on Instagram At whistler golf updates on. Those renovations oh At The. North american you know you?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: That do oh At The north american. Box office twenty years after, the original the Sequel To The Devil, war's Prada Starring meryl Streep And, anne hathaway made us splash in its first weekend in theaters first place total of seventy, seven million one hundred and fifty six point six. Mill globally it easily topped the box office And BUMPED michael i know you want to, See That michael jackson to second place at. Fifty four why are You? Playing madonna it's a song that appears In The devil wars. Product too this is a. GOOD song i like. This song that's your takeaway?
Speaker 3: From this i'm telling it's a.
Speaker 1: Good song women made up about seventy six percent Of The Devil wears prada to, ticket buyers seventy eight Percent On, rotten tomatoes eighty seven percent. Audience score third place went To The Super mario galaxy movie at twelve point one. Million bucks it's been around for, a while still. Doing well my friend went. HIS wife i know this sounds so, old fashioned but his wife made. Him go see the devil was proud, of too and he. Loved it he thought it. Was fantastic put that in your pipe and. Smoke it and a lot of it was because of that Song By. Madonna vogue great song, this this this Is good madonna stuff. Right. There vogue you know NOW that, i think shake Your. Head riot we shouldn't have put that song. In there sits all riders. About now madonna was big in. The eighties she, was, big, massive, massive. Massive overrated, OH yeah i never never she had one the one yead five hundred like, a virgin the album like she had one hundred great top, ten songs like, a prayer celebration like. A prayer was her, true blue?
Speaker 3: True, blue well the Only The lucky. Star was she.
Speaker 1: Was, good yes this. Is sad you know what their best, song was in, my, opinion okay is the One From Austin Powers. Beautiful stranger that's a. Good too that is a. Good song that's a good to. EVERYTHING else i could care less. Of it but he understand why she was popular and Her And michael jackson had a lot. To do oh with the downfall of music, lip sinking it's also dancing and costume changes just and it has been the. Same borderline oh. Material girl hey now he's looking look at things.
Speaker 8: Up here you?
Speaker 3: Got, birthdays okay here, We go ryan got.
Speaker 6: Her Up little rickey's at grocery store and casino would Task. With alberta it's about forty five minutes Outside. Of edmonton just passed the. International airport this guy was a fifth round pick in the TWENTY ten nhl draft By. The habs edmonton native played over nine, hundred games. Still playing bronze Medal with Canada The world's juniors. Twenty twelve first Goal Against martin berduer twenty thirteen got a nomination that Year for rookie Of, the year recipient Of the Canadian's Annual molson cup Honor as player Of. The year McDonald's introduced a burger in his name across All the quebec based restaurants in. Twenty fourteen you, guys serious are you?
Speaker 1: Joking me the McDonald's clue. Wasn't okay.
Speaker 6: It is today's, MCCAPPY day i might have to get some. Flair, fish okay his best Year in montreal twenty eighteen thirty. Three goals He's The vancouver giants. All Time The brendan gallagher. FOR you i don't know about the burger. That burger then the McDonald's introduced a burger in, his Name The. Gallagher burger his dad Runs The.
Speaker 1: Delta academy. Great, guy uh the, good People the. GALLAGHER fans i would love to see Him.
Speaker 6: Here vancouver oh, and listen whoever THE new gm In the, canucks is make a. Phone, call yeah if you want to change, your cultures you want to get good human beings and good people who work their, ass off and our team players and.
Speaker 3: Character Guys brendan gallagher is.
Speaker 12: The, guy well they tried to do That With evander kaine and It.
Speaker 6: Absolutely Ryan Stop vander Kaine And brendan gallagher in the same. Correct conversation totally. Different guys this hockey player's dad played in the nineteen Fifty Six winter Olympics, for canada one. Of bronze he attended a camp Run, by solviat goaltender retired super Legend Of. Vladys lab, touch you he said the camp made him a student the game. Of hockey He Idolized patrick watt.
Speaker 1: Growing up did you just? Mention, Him Yeah, Martin Burder, MARTIN burder i know his dad Was, an olympias so that's kind.
Speaker 3: Of weird his dad was a, Photographer, too yeah.
Speaker 1: It's weird, half photographer First goal gallagher and his. Birthday Today the surer should have said, to him don't you know we have the. Same birthday you shouldn't be screwing. Hell man That's how donnie figured.
Speaker 12: It out Mark, TEMBERDUR no i remember his dad being.
Speaker 1: A photographer i remember his dad being a photographer. As, well, okay listen this guy's a. Hockey photographer this guy is one of my. Favorite actors. Good guy this actor was a talented baseball for was, To START sorry i. Missed it.
Speaker 6: Favorite actor this guy's one of my. Favorite actors, good guy good. Looking guy this actor was talented. Baseball player tried out For The cincinnati reds in nineteen, seventy seven didn't get past the first round of. The cuts for, eighteen years he owned a three hundred pounds Pig.
Speaker 1: Named max it's, a clue what do you want me? To say it's IN his, dB PAGE, not dB but whatever You. Call wikipedia.
Speaker 3: Actor has A. Hockey wikipedia it's In his.
Speaker 6: Wikipedia page he's a distant relative of THE Sixteenth Us President. Abraham lincoln Lincoln's Mother. Nancy hanks.
Speaker 1: These.
Speaker 6: Are Hanks Nancy hanks Heiks is. Lincoln's mother if that's how He's Not, tom hanks. Stop it he's the only person to be nominated For An academy award in six. Different categories his first prominent role was in The. Sitcom, Roseanne, George Eh, George clooney, come on how'd?
Speaker 1: You get.
Speaker 3: He was a semi regular Host.
Speaker 1: In roseanne that was recently talked about on A show i. Was watching wasn't his claim?
Speaker 8: To?
Speaker 1: Fame? Er yeah that really went. Not, such yeah he's skyrocketed.
Speaker 3: From there i'm telling.
Speaker 1: You folks watch, that Movie. J kelly i really. Liked it it was out in the last year.
Speaker 3: OR so i thought it was really Good.
Speaker 6: On netflix he lost Out For best Actor To, Daniel Daniel dave Lewis and Gangs In. New, york okay. Last one this guy's A legendary nba. Point guard retired in twenty. Twenty six twenty years played At wake forest one of only three PLAYERS in nba history to a master over twenty thousand points and ten, thousand assists Along With lebron James And. Russell westbrook only player under six to one to Make AN all nba team more than. Seven TIMES only nba player in history to Make AN all nba team while playing for four.
Speaker 1: Different, franchises OKAY Fourth O chris paul under six, to one.
Speaker 3: Under, Six One.
Speaker 1: Chris, paul, yeah, yep, fishy yeah You Got.
Speaker 3: Chris paul, Yeah, YEAH okay i could. Believe it two thousand.
Speaker 1: And Five Pick. Chris paul that's. The, guy? Okay yep.
Speaker 10: Is it?
Speaker 1: Just me is coming up needles? To say after the, draft lottery we had the Announcement By jim rutherford that he's gonna. Step down a lot of submissions In the, bayside inbox will get to, those next and is it? Just me, But First bob seger eighty one years old and he's gonna play us Out from may of nineteen seventy eight and The album Stranger. In town This Is bob seger And The Silver, bullet band Oh And hollywood nights And check rock of the seventies ON A bc. Wednesday morning is it? Just me you know what? It's next.
Speaker 3: She's not the right as the song On that California.
Speaker 6: Colon looking for One of victoria's most, Iconic days the Award Winning waddling dog has been welcoming guests and their dogs for over, thirty years ten minutes.
Speaker 1: From the airport In.
Speaker 6: The ferry their rooms glend vented charm with, modern comfort making it the perfect home base for your. Island adventures your trip isn't complete without a stop at The Legendary. Waddling dog pop, twenty taps wall, to wall TVs every canucks GAME and ufc pay, per view plus an extensive daily happy hour and before you go stuck up at their cold beer, wine store hundreds of local and, imported options Plus exclusive Donnie and. Dolly Merchandise the dog isn't just, A hotel it's a, destination.
Speaker 1: Come sit and staying baseside ocean front Resort. In, parksville inbox, it's hopping, it's popping it's. Not stopping what do? You got is it?
Speaker 8: Just me?
Speaker 1: All right do not Draft?
Speaker 6: An american it's got To, be Mahol trust stenberg or McKenna, at Third Says Ozsie, Goose, ozzi goose listen. To me canucks are in. Thirty second they. Need, Talent no i've been harping on they Need. More canadians. It's embarrassing they got two Or three canadians on.
Speaker 1: The.
Speaker 6: Roster embarrassing seattle's. Got ten they're two hours down, the highway across.
Speaker 3: The border.
Speaker 6: It's disgusting but at that third, overall pick you got to take the best. PLAYER available i don't care where. He's from this team has. No talent that's why they're. Thirty second just take the.
Speaker 1: Best, player well they hope it's the. Best, player yeah where would they? Take is he just MADE. Dj t but Imagine If quinn hughes signs With the sharks. Next summer there's all this talk about and what he's talking about is not, this.
Speaker 6: Summer because he can't go anywhere. This summer it's the. Following, summer yeah THAT'S what djt is. Talking about.
Speaker 1: Interesting initials by, the way next next summer he becomes a. Free agent but there's also talk about McDavid ending up there with his Buddy. MacLean celebrini what if they get all three?
Speaker 6: Of Them san jose is going to be a place where lot of UFAs are going to want, to, play well you, know what they're gonna want to go there don.
Speaker 1: Old timers, like myself and you'll. Remember This Remember paul Korea And timo solani signing With The colorado avalanche for a season at a MILLION per i want to say it didn't, work out but they just They were they were trying to capture a cup. For themselves it didn't. Work out timo eventually got one Back, at ANAHEIM but i wonder if that will ever happen again with players making. So much look at where do you want?
Speaker 8: To?
Speaker 1: Go la where do these guys want To Go? San jose? Oh boy and the chasing a Cup?
Speaker 8: In?
Speaker 6: LA yeah, I know, i Know, BUT donnie i had another agent tell me, this morning nobody wants to Play. In vancouver they got they got to turn around their perception IN. The nhl it's, Not good Eric, the greenskeeper is it? Just me the amount of money being spent to Bring The world Cup, to vancouver while at the same time not funding emergency rooms and maternity.
Speaker 1: Wards is disgraceful. And, disgusting Again that's Eric. The greenskeeper we talked earlier ABOUT how fifa is BOOTING The Bc sports Hall, of fame not necessarily OUT of, bc place but it's not going to be functioning for three months and they had to move all their items.
Speaker 6: Into storage but the government will say That The wortal cup's going to bring a ton of money, in, tourism hotels everything's going to, go up so they say the money is going to be. Brought back isn't the big challenge For the canucks the choice they make From the. Minnesota pick the number three pick is pretty easy and hard to, screw up But the minnesota pick requires some real research and. Due Diligence chainsaw dave, WITH that i.
Speaker 1: Think right now it's on at twenty four to. Twenty five, Of course minnesota ends up Winning The, stanley cup it'll. Move down but you look at mock drafts And The ruck brothers are late, first round early second. Round, guys, yeah. YEP prospects i wonder if there's a chance they could go for a set of twins for the. Second time i'm just. Throwing that keep an Eye. On calgary they got four set. Round picks.
Speaker 6: Darnie boy they could do some shaking and bacon and. Moving around keep an eye. On them gallagher is thirty four making six point five, next year and you guys want Him. In vancouver we're talking from a. Culture perspective rick talkt before he left his List. For july first was to get quality. Veterans leadership so, he leaves So the canucks, turn Around Get. Evander kaine that dressing room. Needs Leadership brendan gallagher. Screams leadership but at?
Speaker 1: That price is what he saw or she's caps? Going on the price.
Speaker 6: Doesn't matter the Price doesn't did they Need A brandan gallagher guy to teach the kids how to be a good pro on and off?
Speaker 1: The ice in what world does the price? Not matter because it's not the caps? Going up caps?
Speaker 12: Going up elli and actually just tweeted out they finalized next.
Speaker 1: Year's cap you overspend. On people this isn't Over the i'm going.
Speaker 12: To absolutely overspend On A brendan gallagher because is you should be able to get something from.
Speaker 1: The, Habs no i'm bailing him out and the guy you're against them signing branding or bring it.
Speaker 12: All day you gained something from the habs to and asked from.
Speaker 1: THE habits i guess eleven six? Is Okay, then uh is it? Just, me hey you went silent there for. A second i did. My job that doesn't happen. Very often is it? Just me but the positive thing About the least winning the lottery is that they are the only franchise IN the nhl that could screw up this pic more than the current conducts manage it team would.
Speaker 10: Have.
Speaker 1: Done, yes again the thought is out there that they They would it would be smart for them To pick stanberg. Over McKenna but shane made a Great point brian's mad at. Me now shane made a great point about How the leaf's marketing department and the front office probably know that McKenna would sell.
Speaker 6: More versiandise do you think this owner in this city last night wasn't crossing both fingers on both hands for McKenna for that?
Speaker 1: Same? Reason absolutely, Dot, yeah absolutely it plays. The part we've, got time but we Gotta. Break, okay uh we'll wrap up the pole and the Show next donnie tell you the team, on check three foot, hot dogs, Postgame fireworks, friday noons and The Future Toronto blue jays right in. Your backyard Catch A vancouver canadians game this summer as they celebrate seventy five years At Nap. Bailey stadium, for tickets promotions and, more Information Visit canadians baseball dot com or call six oh, four eight seven, to two, five two three to two today. Dot pole Rick.
Speaker 6: All right did her up the waterling dog pop pole question and The worst cannucks moment in the past, twelve months. No question dropping in the lottery. Last night what an absolutely. Horrible thing fifty? Two percent he was trade is next at thirty?
Speaker 8: Four?
Speaker 1: Percent why why do you make? Me laughed That's that's i'm just laughing because it was it was, so predictable it was you, know what it might even have been predictable That the leafs. Want it it's just So connuckt it's. Just bad and Then The sharks division rival end, up second moving up. From ninth, the, horrible horrible. Greatest players you got some business? Or pictures what's? Going on what do? We? Got ryan where? We're going you just kind of? Stopped there, OHG listen i gotta get Calling Them.
Speaker 6: Mo donnie happy birthday To uh andre today His wife pamela's Birthdays on. May ninth huge fans of. The show That's from Tracy so Andre, and pamela thank you for watching and happy birthday. This week, This, week ryan when were Going, Overseas, mexico okay this, is uh This is tony, with you, so anyways we're not going to get.
Speaker 1: Into that look.
Speaker 6: At that This is Tony with ella and another one of our customary overseas photos for you all. To enjoy ella's been down Here, In, cuzumo mexico last, few Weeks, said donnie you know where.
Speaker 1: THAT is i think you've.
Speaker 6: Been there, but Anyways that's Ella and Tony. In mexico what a beautiful photo?
Speaker 4: Is.
Speaker 1: That ella we look at. The dog the Dog. Is ella we've done. This, before, No no tony sent the picture In and ella's. The Dog so ella's.
Speaker 6: The dog tony's taking. The pick what a beautiful Pick, In. Cuzimo, mexico tony thanks a lot. For that where we're, Going, down Ryan, Overseas. Shanghai, shanghai, no, no, no no, that's overseas don stop two Hours.
Speaker 1: From shanghai area is known As the Venice. Of china.
Speaker 6: Just Heard the canucks, Curse Continues. Richmond pete look at That. Restman pete he's In the Venice. Of china two hours north or South.
Speaker 1: Of shanghai but look?
Speaker 10: At, that.
Speaker 1: Hey what?
Speaker 11: Is that?
Speaker 8: The?
Speaker 1: Boats yeah?
Speaker 3: The boats look at, The, boats ryan can you focus in on the boat in.
Speaker 1: THE back i can't focus in.
Speaker 6: On them why?
Speaker 1: We're good?
Speaker 6: Blown, up Okay That's richmond pete two hours South. Of shanghai there is known as a Venice. Of china, Good, Job ryan oh look?
Speaker 1: At this look? At that so how do you run? These things?
Speaker 3: That gas what's going?
Speaker 1: ON here i think a guy's got a, paddle paddle you?
Speaker 13: Know what maybe different there boats and everyone has the. Pedal, boat, no no this is you. Can't paddle this is is. So heavy this is too heavy. To paddle this is a. Gas boat take it to. The, BANK yeah i think there's a guy big enough to. Paddle that and with the tourists, on it, come, on man give me. A, break yeah an.
Speaker 1: The, others no. That's it That's it shanghai and. Back here we Went to venice. Last year i'm being a euro snot. You man those gondoles are.
Speaker 8: Not cheap.
Speaker 1: This just, did okay, all right, all right thanks, for, Watching folks thanks for. Watching folks on Behalf of smartass, Over there, Nina vacationing Derek and rick and everybody Here At old Boy. And check I'm don you're up to Date. And wildersports.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening To the Donnie And. Dolly podcast be sure to follow Us on Twitter at Donnie and dolly for all the latest. Show content