Speaker 1: Seven oh six at fifty five kr CV Talk Station. Very happy Friday Eve to you and so please we'll welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Orlando Sonsa is running against Greg Lansman and the obvious choice, Orlando, Welcome back. Find him on alantdot Orlando Sonsa dot com get all the information which we'll talk about. You wiped the floor with Greg Landsman on that debate, Orlando. My wife and I were sitting there, we were cheering you on. We were so proud of you. He looked like a dizzy high school girl and sounded like one. Welcome back, my friend.
Speaker 2: Thanks Brian, always glad to be on. And I think I agree with you. I think that's two for two. We prosecuted the case against Greg Lansman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Greg Landsman didn't secuity case on his own behalf. He just looked like a deer in the headlights. He had literally nothing to say in support of his own beliefs.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, that's right. And look, at the end of the day, right, Brian, this comes down to policy, It comes down to substance. You have an opportunity to defend your own record and why your policies that you've advanced, you voted for on the House floor of US Congress, is best for the American people. In southwest Ohio, he had no answer to any of his policies when it affects our failing economy, our open southern border, our lack of just faith and confidence in government. And that's telling, and it's telling, especially when all you can say is, oh.
Speaker 3: No, that's a lie. Yeah, a lie.
Speaker 2: That's like, we'll prove it's a lie. In fact, the American people would really just appreciate if you said, that's exactly how I voted. Here's why. It's the best interest in the American people. And what we saw last night from our opponent was exactly what people are tired of. They don't want politicians that say one thing and do the complete opposite. They want results, they want these problems fixed. And that's exactly what we're going to do. We'll win this election.
Speaker 1: Well, and I apologize, Orlando. I can't remember the specific piece of legislation that you were referring to, but he kept saying, I didn't, No, I didn't you lie, you lie, you lie, say your signatures on it. You voted that way? What specific provision was it that you were referring to is for my listeners who didn't get to watch and for idiots like me who couldn't recall specifically, I was just so amazed at how well you were doing any related about it. I lost focus of the underlying subject matter on that with Orlando.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Look, it comes down to what we're seeing in the in the Middle East, and the conflict is just basically expanding across the region. We are approaching the one year anniversary of the terrible Hamas terrorist attacks on Israel, and when you look at what's just happened in the last forty eight to seventy two hours now of Baron firing rock five hundred rockets into Israel. Because now you've got Hesbela terrorists that are continuing to wacavoc in the north of Israel through Lebanon, you got to ask the question, how are these terrorist groups of Hesbela and Hamas and the Huthis getting the resources, the armament, the money that they need in order to conduct these horrible attacks on innocent civilian life, whether it's Israeli, Lebanese, Palestinian, Well, it's from nation states like Iran who are held bent on destroying not just the peace and the infrastructure of the Middle East, destroying the nation of Israel. And how are they getting their money? Well, look, it was under this Biden administration that we gave American taxpayer dollars to the tune of three hundred billion dollars to Iran. Now you've got to ask yourself, how in the world did these terrorist organizations get it? Well, obviously one source could be Iran through American money that we sent. Well, listen, Greg Lansman had the opportunity as a US congressman for the first Congressional district to vote not once, but twice for an appropriations bill that would have stopped US taxpayer dollars from going to Iran. Literally, those bills explicitly called for that, and he votes no, not once, but twice in a bipartisan bill at that both of those had Democratic support and Republicans reached across the out Guess what, Greg Lansman did not only just vote no, It was telling that he didn't even know what I was talking about. I know, and this this is a pattern, Brian, because just last week, right we checked the reports that for a comment, and these are common sense bills we're talking about. They're not rocket science. US taxpayer dollars should not go to countries whose interests are adverse to US. Okay, here's another common sense bill where just last week, there was a bill that was put on the House floor that would have held accountable illegal immigrants that committed domestic violence or sex cries against women, to deport them. There are legal immigrants, they're committing these heinous crimes. They should be deported. Greg Lansman votes know on that bill. Okay, National news reports here are the list of Democrats that vote no on this common sense bill to hold illegal immigrant criminals accountable. And what does he do? He says, no, actually that was an accident, it was an error, and then submits a retraction to the recorders of the clerk. Of course that says, actually I meant to vote yes, and then calls me out for highlighting it and basically just retweeting that National news report of him voting no. That raises more questions than it gives answers. Do you even read the bills that come before you in Congress? As you're representing the people in southwest Ohio. So it's no surprise to me. He didn't know what I was talking about. Clearly he didn't know the build that I was referring to last week when he said he voted an error. And this is a pattern, Brian, And it's a pattern of just wrong leadership, failed leadership, a leadership that does not lead. Instead, it heard follows whatever the top of my party says, whatever Hakeem Jeffries tells me to do, I'm going to do instead of actually having a backbone and standing up for all of the constituents in southwest Ohio.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know that reality comes on the heels of this Department of Homeland Security Intelligence Analyst twenty twenty five Homeland Threat Assessment talking about the serious, significant concerns over physical and cyber attacks to our critical infrastructure, among other concerns. And there's a quote in here I just wanted to read to you, considering it involves the open border. We can blame Greg Landsman in part for that. Now, our border personnel encounter individuals from around the world from all parts of the world, including conflict zones and other areas where individuals may have links or can support ties to extremists or terrorist organizations that we have long standing concerns about that's the kind of people who might very well have come across the southern border, either because even after an encounter with an immigration customs official or as a known god away.
Speaker 3: We have about two million of those.
Speaker 2: Well, that's exactly right. And if it's the same report that I reference in the debate, it is it just highlights the problem with our open southern border. The fact that I think that report shows that over five hundred thousand illegal immigrants are convicted criminals and that over twelve thousand of them are for homicides. I mean, that is just that's crazy to think that we have allowed this problem to continue to persist and persist, and again when you look for leadership that's actually going to solve the problem and not help create it or allow it to continue to perpetuate its policies offered by my opponent that actually do not solve the problem. He had the opportununity multiple times in Congress to not just renounce and hold accountable the administration for its failed border policies.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't do that.
Speaker 2: But when he had an opportunity to actually have again substantive policy to secure the southern border. In May of twenty twenty three. He failed to do that, and then he wants to highlight on the debate stage. And this is a talking point again of the left. We had a bipartisan bill. If Donald Trump called his rank and file and said don't let it pass. That bill that he's talking about would have allowed the southern border to remain open, and only closed it if our illegal immigrants reached the number of five thousand per day. Come on, Brian, that just lacked all common sense. That's not a fix that continues to precipitate this problem. And the thing that I wanted to make it abundantly clear that night is that I am not only a product of legal immigrations. I'm going to be the biggest proponent for immigration in this country because I have lived it. I've lived the American dream. I know what it's like where you are born in another country. You come into the greatest country in the world, the United States of America, to pursue opportunity and advance your life and the life of your family through your own hard work and grit and work ethic. But there's a legal way to do it, and we've got to make sure that we certainly don't want to send a message out there that we don't want people to come in. We absolutely want you to come in, but we want you to do it the legal way, the way that's going to be best for you, best for your family, best for the American people. My dad, Brian, had to wait five years to be a naturalized citizen. He had to take a test, he had to raise his right hand, and he did it proudly. And what we're seeing right now across this country with over fifteen million legal immigrants, that's just stressing our economy. It's stressing our labor force, our hard working American citizens that now are paying in some states for illegal immigrants healthcare. They're right to get a driver's license. Now, Greg Landsman again the common sense bill that would have in short protection so that non citizens do not get the right to vote. He votes know for that as well. I mean, these are common sense policies that we just are desperate to see, especially now with all these problems and issues. We want to actually see leadership, substance policy. We will get it done when we win this election.
Speaker 1: Orlando sonsa dot com, let's pause wearing Orlando back. When we get his thoughts. You're talking about stressing the economy, of course, exacerbated by a long shrman strike and a hurricane in the flood damage. And I'm interested about his position. I think I know what it might be on Trump's tax cuts and whether they're going to remain more with Orlando sons are real quick care though plumb tight plumbing. It's always plumbing done right kind of my friends. A plumb tight for all residential plumbing needs. You're in the best possible hands. They'll be on time. You can scale emergency service twenty four hours day, seven days a week. And I's like last time I called plum tit. I like to point this out because it made it so easy. I went online schedule my appointment. It was on a Sunday. They got back with me in like five minutes. I think they really were concerning maybe it was an emergency. It really wasn't, but they were there and they got it on time. They fixed my problem like they always have in the past. Customer service is always outstanding when you're working with plumb type plumbing, and the price is always right, fair and ethical and no service charge. They don't have to do that. Call plumb type plumbing, you get to meet the plumber. If you're dissatisfied for any reason whatsoever, then you can just send them on their way and they don't leave you a bill. A lot of other guys will do that just for showing up. Reach them at five one three seven two seven tight t t E five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three online they are a plus. The BBB love what they've done for me, and you will too. Plumbtight dot com.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station. If you missed our twenty.
Speaker 1: Twenty quick Weather Sonny today, h said dy A clear of A nine fifty six Sunday tomorrow, eighty clear of night fifty seven Sunday on Saturday high seventy nine fifty one Right.
Speaker 3: Now traffic time from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 4: As the only Level one trauma center in the region, u See Health is setting the national standard for emergency care and preparedness with new additions to the er Choose u SEE Health when you need expert care.
Speaker 3: Crews continue to work.
Speaker 4: With an accident northbound seventy one right lanes blocked off before you get to Red Bank. The latest crash is southbound seventy five. They're in the center lane just after you got passed Union Center, all clear east two seventy five and mosteller Chuck Ingram on fifty five kr SEA the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty one fifty about KRCD TALKX station. I strongly encourage you to go to Orlando signs at dot com. Help him out, get a yard sign, donate some money, and check out his impressive background West Point crowd probably served his country as an infantry officer and finance officer, got a master's degree in taxation a law degree from Georgetown Law School. He was a CPA for Ernst and Young, went private practice, co founded a local financial planning firm helping young couples achieve financial security. He also became an assistant prosecutor here in Hamilton County, and he did that up until the moment he was appointed executive director of the Hamilton County Veteran Services Commission. And while at West Point he outkicked his coverage where he met his wife, another West Point grad. Yes, Orlando, I brought it up again, pivoting over.
Speaker 2: I was hoping for it, of course.
Speaker 1: Look, man, you know I can judge a man by the quality and caliber of the woman that he married and you killed.
Speaker 3: That's right. That speaks volumes to you. Man.
Speaker 1: Anyhow, I know you're big on turning the economy around. Now we've got some wrinkle factors going on in here. Of course, the ports have shutdown, which you're going to have an inflationary pressure. We have the end of the Trump tax cuts, and I think I know where you might be on those. But obviously some real problems of course, with war breaking out of the Middle East as well, So a bunch of ripple effects over which you probably have no control. But what's your vision for the future, What the Orlandos signs are going to do to help write to the ship of our economy.
Speaker 2: Well, but look, it goes to all of those issues just talked about the economy, the Middle East. You've got to conflicts that are brewing across the country, this strike that we're seeing in the ports. This comes back to leadership. If we simply just had leadership in the White House, we'd see a lot of these problems fixed, right, But instead we don't have that leadership. But that's for another day. I'm focused right now on taking back this congressional seat and here's the thing. When it comes to the economy again, these are common sense solutions that my opponent has just not been for because instead he just wants to advance the agenda of his party. When we've got over thirty four trillion dollars in national debt, you do not take positions like my opponent did. And we highlighted this from the get go in the debate. Is when we face impending government shutdown last year, what did my opponent to do? He sided with every member of his party signed a discharge position, a petition that said, let's raise the national debt dealing with zero cuts in government spending. Zero cuts in government spending. How in the world are we going to fix this trillions and dollars of debt problem If you're taking positions like that, No, we've got to cut government spending. And Mike Dartis, the moderator, was correct to follow up and say, well, how would you do that? Where would you start? Look, we don't need to do the homework. This is already a lot of this research and analysis has been done, and it's done every year. The Government Accountability Office, the Federal Government of Accountability, does a report every year that they give to Congress and they recommend a number of places that you can start in government where you have redundancy duplication in government spending. And the last report that was published just this past summer shows over one hundred and twelve recommendations that the GAO gave to Congress and said you start here to the tunes of millions, if not billions of dollars. Now, I'm not going to agree with everything in that report, but you can at least start there because it's clear that our federal government has identified where there's weaknesses in its spending. But also highlight here, Brian, is that it's the fraud, waste and abuse that we know is going on in federal government that we've got to hold people accountable, hold leadership accountable, and it starts at the top. That's how you fix this problem. Now, I'll let you follow up with the tax question, because you know with that I can talk for hours on tax but I think you know where I stand on common sense tax policy.
Speaker 1: I think I do. And since we're out of time, we'll just leave it for another day. And you're always welcome here on the fifty five carters SCEN Morning Show and I know your background in it as a certified public accounting accountant will help as you view government spending because you have familiars, you're familiar with the process and you know where corners can be cut. Orlando Sons is the man for the job, and just if you have not seen the debate, I'm sure it's out there somewhere Channel five. Thank them for doing it. You just again, wonderful job, Orlando, obviously highlighting how much better you are going to be for the job. Vote Orlando Sons and help him out. Orlando Sons dot com. Take care of my friend. We'll talk again soon, I hope.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Brian onward to Victory.
Speaker 3: Amen, Brother, Amen Brother.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty six, we're gonna hear for Americans for Prosperity Donovan and Neil about the long shortman strike and how that might impact on islands. That'll be coming up next after some very strong words from my friends at Cover Sincy. Those folks are amazing at what they do. They know more about medical insurance and Medicare. I'm gonna emphasize Medicare again. I brought it up the other day. If you're getting ready for if you're getting close to medicare years. You really need to have this chat with John and the team at cover Sincy, and it's not going to cost you anything. That's going to give you sound recommendations on how to plan for your future. It's your medical care at stake here, So medicare another thing that you need to think about. But just for general policies of insurance medical and insurance, you're probably paying too much. You think you're paying too much. You're right. There are different ways to get medical coverage and it can be less expensive less expensive to get better coverage, including dollar one coverage. When you're working with John and the team to cover century than what you got right now, better for less let them do an analysis of your situation. They'll come up with the way they work with hundreds of insurance companies and thousands of policies, they know how to create a different environment for you and it will be much better. Does it cost you anything to consult with them? Absolutely not. Just let them look at what you got and come up with a better path. And the best thing I guess can happen is you know they can't do anything. You get peace of mind knowing that you're in the best possible way right now, So call them up, schedule the appointment and do it online or call them directly at five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two to two five to five online it's Coversinc dot com. There's a form on the page where you can fill it out and start this process. No obligation to do it, You'll be very happy if you do. That's Cover Sincy dot com. Fifty five k r C dot com