Speaker 1: From the range to the field. CZ firearms are built to perform when it counts. Known for accuracy, durability and reliability, CZ stands apart. CZ built for those who demand more. CZ Firearms dot Com.
Speaker 2: Forged, mlock Ready and I try to Bolt Carrier Group. The Ruger Harrier is completely re engineered for today's shooter. Innovation without compromise comes standard with the Harrier.
Speaker 3: All right, we're back with you here, Tom Gresham, give me a call it. We'll call me Tom Talk Gun. That's the easiest way to remember the phone number. Of course, this is gun Talk. Glad you're with us. Love to get your range reports. If you've been out to the arrange doing little shooting, what'd you take and how'd the shooting go?
Speaker 4: Give me a holler now.
Speaker 3: Of course, we're in this crazy age of all sorts of new products and new technologies, and.
Speaker 4: I mean it's a great time.
Speaker 3: We've got really great guns and really good optics in the electro optic world has frankly changed the way we look at guns. Joining me right now, John Bailey from Eotech. John, I'm just looking at your website right now. Eotech Man, you guys have got some of the coolest stuff out there. You're not only are you have good stuff, you explain it, well, well.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it. Yeah, we've over the years, we've really evolved.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: We're excited to kind of get into new things and I think we'll talk about it. But we're not just a holographic site anymore. Although that's still our bread and butter and it's doing incredibly well. But we wanted to provide products for all kinds of shooters and I think we have.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you got everything from scopes to lasers, to the holographic to suppressors. That's all over the place. Are we at this point just you're obviously you're in the business and you make this stuff. But I'm thinking we are well past the point of anybody actually thinking do red dot sites or do optics make a difference?
Speaker 4: Are we passed?
Speaker 5: Uh? I think people see it immediately.
Speaker 6: We're we're a very visual company, especially to explain to holographic you know, product, it's it's visual.
Speaker 5: But once you see in a red dots in the same in the same boat.
Speaker 6: But once you see our radical on a holographics, it will blow away any old school iron sights, you know, where you have to line things up and then change your focus to your target and confirmed by bringing your focus back. All of those things are are just slow and harder to holographic, you know, holographic site or red dot. You know, it's really point and shoot, it's immediate, it's really fast on follow ups. It's so people that have been shooting, if they've been shooting iron sights, I think that they see, you know, something more uh technologically advanced, like the red dot or holographic site. They will see a difference immediately. And hopefully the beginners that are getting into the industry are seeing those same optics friends or trainers firearms and getting into the iron sight stuff, because it's just that they're eventually going to get into the tech.
Speaker 5: Stuff and go through that pain.
Speaker 3: Right, what's the difference between a red dot and a holographic site?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, how much time?
Speaker 3: You got to make it short because I have a short attention span.
Speaker 6: Holography doesn't compromise on anything. So it uses a laser diode compared to an LED, and what we're able to do is create any radical image that we want, and we found the circle dot provides the most speed and the most accuracy, because with holography, the main advantage in my mind is the dot is a laser, so it's a two point source, so it is ridiculously small, smaller than you and I can really see, so we see it as one mla.
Speaker 5: So you have a very.
Speaker 6: Fine, crisp dot for more precise shooting a distance, but you have the ring that gets you on target faster than what a dot would individually, so there's no compromise. You're on target faster, and especially because of a rectangular heads up display type window. But for distance a little longer shooting, you have more accuracy because the dot is smaller, and the second biggest advantage with that dot being a laser diode, So when you put a magnifier behind it, the dot is still because it's so small.
Speaker 5: Even magnified, it's still.
Speaker 6: Less than one ma, so you and I are still only seeing that at one ma with a magnifier. So you maintain or actually gain more accuracy with a magnifier. Where's a red dot, you're growing that dot and your target.
Speaker 5: At the same rate.
Speaker 6: Not much at advantage there compared to holography, So that's all right.
Speaker 5: That's the biggest advantage.
Speaker 3: Okay, you guys are the technological wizards here. Explain the difference between you closed emitter and an opening mitter.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we started with an opening minter and that's when we got into it. That's kind of what the space was for pistol optics. If an opening minter is basically one piece of glass with a little well behind the battery cap essentially, and that's where your LED diode is, and that diode projects the light up against that window and actually it reflects back, so you're able to see that red dot and it works great. They there's tons of them. Our reflex is one of the best ones out there. But what happens is if you get into some weather or you get dust or debris or anything like that, it could sometimes cover that LED or block that LED. And if you don't have that, you don't have a dot. You know, you know, you're not able to shoot. So closed emitters essentially enclose that diode, so they have two pieces of glass and it protects that LED from being you know, covered or even damage.
Speaker 5: So we're seeing a lot more.
Speaker 6: I think it was really driven by law enforcement and even some military stuff.
Speaker 5: It's you know, they certainly can't have can't afford to have that happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got dirty, dusty, rainy environments and they can't have the loss of their site.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 6: So all it does is take that that possibility out of the equation, you know, and a lot of times that it makes the housing a little bit bigger than an open emitter, and that probably provides a little extra durability and things like that that they certainly need as well.
Speaker 4: It's kind of a weather sealed system.
Speaker 3: Not that the weather is going to knock out an open emitter, but if you get rain and dust and stuff on there, now it's going to I mean, you got basically rain drops or whatever it is, it can mess up your view or as you say, it could even cover up the emitter entirely.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 6: Even a simple rain drop or a you know, sweat or something like that can completely distort You might still see the dot, but it can completely distort it and make it unusable. So, uh, it really is kind of important, you know, if you're gonna just go to the range and plink and things like that, and open emitter is really everything you need. But if you're going to use it for training or professional use, or if you carry gun, yeah, yeah, exactly, rely on it for a home defense or carry gun closed demitter.
Speaker 5: You know, it just takes away, you know, some of those possibilities.
Speaker 3: And I'm looking at your option to You got the e flex and the Eflex CE for closed demitter, and it's about one hundred hundred and twenty bucks more for the closed emitter in the And I'm just thinking in the greater scheme of things, if you had dollars or dollars, but if you say, okay, I expect this thing to last me ten years easy, which it should, you advertise that out. You can never find the difference. So just get the one that you feel like you want.
Speaker 6: No, I think you're right on right there. There are added features to this CE that will make your spend more justified. You know, there's shake Awake, there's switchable radicals, there's an integrated rear backup iron sight. So we added some more bells and whistles to it that again will help with carry issues and you know home defense that shake awake is really nice when something goes bumping the night and you want to grab your pistol and automatically pops right right on and ready to go.
Speaker 5: So there are extra features that kind of justify that extra spend, all right.
Speaker 4: And we can mention as we've just run by it.
Speaker 3: You've got holographic sites for your ars and whatever other kind of rifles you have. But I want to bounce down. You've gotten into suppressures in a big way with some really interesting technology.
Speaker 5: Everybody's getting into them.
Speaker 6: The removal of the tax stamp was a you know, a big motivator for a lot of people to get into it. We've never kind of, you know, shared this publicly. I've been with Eotech for over twenty years, and my my goal has always been that Eotech owns the gun, not necessarily making guns, but we want to be.
Speaker 5: Every every piece in equipment on the guns.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, we do holographic sites, we do magnifiers like you mentioned, we do magnified scopes, we have our OGL laser. Yeah, So it just made sense that we would have another component that we could be part of, and suppressors was the logical choice. So we created the Decibel the DCBL suppressor. It's a three D printed grade five titanium, really nice suppressor. We offer it in three oh eight five five six and a nine milimeter that's designed specifically for PCC guns.
Speaker 5: And they are great suppressors.
Speaker 6: They have a really nice sound, takes into account in the design, and the monolithic core takes into account all the back pressure and things like that. That so it makes for a really smooth shooting gun and eliminates a lot of that recoil. So we're really happy with it. We went after kind of the sound aspect of.
Speaker 5: It rather than the weight. Usually when you go after and try to reduce weight.
Speaker 6: You kind of have a little bit more sound, and sure we're hoping more of a comfortable shooting.
Speaker 3: It's a give or take deal. You can go real lightweight, but it's going to become louder, you know. It's we unders said. Let me just tell you congratulations to you guys. You have the most useful and best set of FAQs. Frequently ask questions on suppressors and all the rest of stuff on your website.
Speaker 4: I mean, if anybody needs to know anything about.
Speaker 3: Suppressors, how do they work, how loud are they, how much do they help? What's the thread pitch? How do I attach it to my gun? What's the lifespan? Just goes on and on and on. Whoever did this did a happinous job.
Speaker 5: Man, Well, I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: I contributed quite a bit to it, and it was you know, I have several suppressors myself, and when we got into it, I thought about, you know, what our consumers and customer is going to call us for and ask us.
Speaker 5: Because we're new to the game.
Speaker 6: So we came up with that entire list and hopefully that you know, solves a lot of people's questions and doesn't require a phone call to our customer service.
Speaker 5: But certainly they can they can get into more.
Speaker 3: But it's like the pressure one on one school. It is great what you've done here.
Speaker 5: Good, thank you. Yeah, no, I think it's helpful.
Speaker 6: It educates the consumer hopefully, uh you know, they go in with a more confident buying experience.
Speaker 5: So yeah, we're happy with it.
Speaker 6: And it's probably not even complete, you know, there's probably still more to add to it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you'll be had to, all right.
Speaker 3: So the obvious question that you get all the time, and even if it's not said out loud, it's said in somebody's mind. They're looking at your your optics, your pistol optics.
Speaker 4: You say, Okay, you know, yeah, Okay, I could buy.
Speaker 3: A pistol optic for less than this, why should I buy an eotech?
Speaker 5: The answers always are testing in our quality.
Speaker 6: So most of our products are all like the holographic sites and the magnifiers, our pistol sites, our ogl are all manufactured, assembled, tested in Plymouth, Michigan in USA.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I think that's a big, big difference.
Speaker 6: And we've always had incredible testing machines and protocols and all of that stuff, to the point where for our holographic site, when we started that and had the contract with Socom, Socom wanted to replicate our testing systems because we were so.
Speaker 5: Good at it.
Speaker 6: So we put all of our products, whether it's you know, rifle scopes or or you know, holographic sites through the same thing, and we put them through all the environmentals.
Speaker 5: We put them through shock and recoil and all that stuff.
Speaker 6: So I think when we designed something and we eventually get to market, it's already proven where I think a lot of others, especially things that may have come from overseas, kind of come cookie cutter and.
Speaker 5: You know you're gonna eventually probably have some issues.
Speaker 6: So I think that's the big difference between other than like technology that people can't do like holography. I think it comes down to the testing and the quality before the product gets in the hands of the shooter.
Speaker 3: Well, and one other thing. You mentioned it, but you went by it in a hurry. I want to mention it again, made in America, by Americans, and that's huge when it comes to the optics world.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it really is. You know, not too many people can do it, and every day we do it. It's really really hard. But I think that carries a lot of weight, especially for professional users, and when professional users use their stuff, that trickles down to everybody else.
Speaker 5: So that's kind of our mantra.
Speaker 3: We obviously people could take a look at Eotechinciinc.
Speaker 4: Dot com.
Speaker 3: Yeah, last thing for you, you got the floor. You're going to tell somebody this is what you really need to know about Eotech, the company and the people.
Speaker 6: You are just a great group of people. There's an incredible culture here. Everybody likes really what they're doing. It's it's fun. It's a fun environment. We you know, we are getting into new products and new product categories, so I think that's exciting for a lot of people.
Speaker 5: You know, there's some that have always just been.
Speaker 6: One trick pony, and we were for a long time with the holographic site, but we brought in people that are experts and magnified rifle scopes. We brought people in that our experts in the laser systems.
Speaker 5: And night vision and thermal and really kind of created a really cool, nicely you know, tight fit group. And it's just, you know, you can.
Speaker 6: Just tell that people have fun and enjoy what they're doing and like to come up with new products and like to get out on the range and like to go train with people, and it's it's just it's fun. It's hard to h it's just it's a great environment.
Speaker 4: Well, we didn't even talk about your line of rifle scopes.
Speaker 3: They're very cool. I encourage people to go take a look at eotech Inc. Dot com. Jo, thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 5: All right, Tom, I appreciate it. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Hi, don't go far, be right back.
Speaker 7: When it comes to carry guns, size matters, but so does performance. The Smith and Wesson Buddyguard two point zero delivers both. It's slim, ergonomic, and built to handle recoil like a champ. The upgraded slide serrations mean you can wreck it fast, even under pressure, and that striker fired flat face trigger, clean, crisp and repeatable. Like your favorite playlist on Loop. Big confidence in a small package.
Speaker 8: Want the latest and guns, gear and shooting infos straight into your inbox. Sign up for the gun Talk newsletter. Get insider access to reviews, exclusive deals, training tips, and the hottest stories from the range, delivered every week. Don't miss out on the news and offers every shooter needs to know. It's fast, free and easy. Sign up today at gun talk dot com. That's gun talk dot com.
Speaker 9: Looking for more accuracy, start with the trigger. Timny Triggers has been providing precisions since nineteen forty six, with over one hundred and seventy trigger models for bolt guns, ars, handguns and more. Designed to deliver a crisp, clean break and built to withstand even the harshest conditions, Timney Triggers gives you confidence when it matters. Most probably made in the USA and backed by a lifetime warranty. It's no wonder shooters have trusted Timney for eighty years. Upgrade you're set up today at Timneytriggers. Dot com.
Speaker 10: There's more to this world of guns than you realize. Your entry to our world is a clickaway. At gun talk dot com, stay informed and entertained on the latest firearm related topics. Whether it's new guns, training tips, gunsmithing, competition, shooting, self defense, or gun rights news, we cover it all. Visit gun talk dot com. That's gun talk dot com.
Speaker 2: When Ruger set out to build the ultimate pocket pistol, they succeeded. The LCP Max, now paired with a magpool in hands handgun grip, delivers everything you need and nothing you don't. Thirteen rounds of three to eighty in a frame that disappears in your pocket, a Tritium front site for fast acquisition, and anti light, secure action fire control you could trust with your life. Ruger's legacy of American innovation. Reimagine for how you carry today the LCP MAX with magpool.
Speaker 4: EHG, Well, you had.
Speaker 3: Another example things we talk about. This one just popped up the news as I'm doing the show. A man allegedly struck and killed another man with a baseball bat and a roads raid attack roads rage attack on the belt Parkway in Queens Road Rage. I said this before and I'm not sure it's really making much of an impact.
Speaker 4: But look, here's the deal. Don't get out of your car.
Speaker 3: Don't flip people off in your car when you're driving, don't be honking your horn at people, check your ego, slow it down, put.
Speaker 4: On classical music if you have to.
Speaker 3: If you get into a situation where you're stopped and somebody's pounding on your car, don't get out. Don't try to prove to them that you're right and they're wrong. You have no idea what this person is all about. Whether he's just crazy, or he's suicidal, or he's just committed murder and killed his wife and kids, or he's just decided he's not going back to jail again.
Speaker 5: Or whatever.
Speaker 3: You just don't know. Remember, he's not like you. There's a good chance this person is not like you. And so how do you get out of a situation like that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Apologize when no apologize, apology is warranted. I am sure sorry, Oh man, are you guys okay? I am really yeah, I know, I know, I'm sorry. What do we need to do or just not get out of the car. If you had an accident, you got to deal with it. You cannot assume that everybody's working on the same wavelength that you are. Just again, get your mind right. Don't put yourself into a position where somebody could do something savagely violent to you unexpectedly. All right, Just got this email during the show from Will in Orgon. He says, my carry guns are a pair of Ruger LCP two pistols and twenty two long rifle. He's carrying two guns, each of them in twenty two long rifle, he says, with one in the chamber and a ten round mag. They provide me with twenty two shots. So he's got two guns. He's got twenty two shots between them, he says, with five extra mags, I have seventy two shots on board. And here's just thinking behind it. He says, I hit with a twenty two is better than I miss with a forty five. He says, by the way, with these guns, I can hit the side of a two by four at twenty five yards. What do you think of a super compact pistol and twenty two rim fire as your carry gun? Clearly Will can shoot. He's a volunteer at the local shooting range, and he's thought it through. He's got two of these on him at any given time. Just I don't know, wonder what you think of food for thought. There there's really no right or wrong to all this. The main thing is can you make hits? And trust me, that's more main thing than your times on your timer. And I know, I know everybody wants to show their cool split times and their draw times. And I got a one second draw on you know, my Instagram channel looking great. Fine, None of it matters if you can't put the first shot on target. The first shot has to be on target every time. So the people I know, the real pros, the people who actually have been in gunfights. You watch them and they'll draw fast, and then they take that split second, maybe a little breath, and then press the trigger. It's not a drawschoote networks finding competition where or the stakes are simply that you don't score as highly as you would have when the stakes are higher. You want to come away, not going to the morg or to the hospital. You draw, pause ever so slightly, and make sure you get that first hit. It's a different mindset, but it is the mindset you have to have. It's fine to be fast, but accuracy is Finally, a simple as that eight six' six talk gun that will get you in.
Speaker 4: Here we'll see it just a.
Speaker 3: Set, hey welcome back to Gun, Talk Tom. Greshenvire if you want to join, us give me a Call Tom Talk. Gun it's. Easy we just want to talk about. Anything if it's not, guns we'll talk about it. Here one of the THINGS i have talked to you about for, many many years is that when you start carrying a gun for self, protection you need to switch your mindset and you need to BECOME i don't, know so you have to have an avoidance mechanism there to try to avoid these. Situations and there's a story that just popped, up AND i just gott to bring In luck McCoy FROM Usa Carry. Louke you've put this story out on your, website AND i, thought this is the perfect example of what we're talking, about isn't it it.
Speaker 11: IS i was LOOKING i covered defensive gun use incidents AND i was scrolling and it came across this WHEN i almost passed it up because it's not your, typical you, know defensive gun.
Speaker 12: Use but there's definitely lessons to learn from.
Speaker 3: It so we got two guys in a line a checkout line at a mini mart In, memphis and they get into an argument about who should be going first in this, line and it turns into a shooting.
Speaker 12: Turns in a.
Speaker 11: Shootout, Yeah man one pulls his shirt up so he brandishes that he's got a, gun and then the other guy jumps for.
Speaker 12: It they start struggling over the.
Speaker 11: Gun guy number, two his brother comes from, outside pulls his, gun starts. Shooting it's not clear whether the the first guy shot the other guy while they were in a.
Speaker 12: Fight or the brother might have shot. Him i'm not. Sure dels were a little, sketchy but, yeah all that over who's going next in?
Speaker 3: Line, yeah you know you're gonna get a bag of chips and a coke and you get shot over, it and you're going To really WHEN i always tell, people, look even if you feel like you're in the right and the other person's, wrong there's nothing. Wrong we're, Saying, Oh i'm, sorry you go. Ahead not a, problem, Right.
Speaker 12: Yeah just adds a few more.
Speaker 11: MINUTES i, mean, yes you can have all the right gear on, you but if you can't check your, ego then that's what's gonna fail.
Speaker 3: You it's funny BECAUSE i go to all these shooting, schools gunfighting schools at. Everyone the, professionals the people who do this for eleven have been doing it for. Decades They i'll, say, Look i'll do almost anything to avoid getting in a. Fight and these people are really good at what they do. Exactly but some people just don't seem to have that are you, know what to BE i think sometimes they just haven't projected themselves into the scenario and, said, okay where could this.
Speaker 4: Lead it's, like, Okay.
Speaker 3: I'm going to puff up and you know say, ah, yeah, no that's my, place or you can't do that to, me and not thinking, that, okay in three steps from, now somebody's going to the hospital of the.
Speaker 4: Morgue is that what we want?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 11: RIGHT i, mean that's probably how most of these road range INCIDENTS i cover start as probably somebody you know swerve into their lane or thinks they're supposed to be ahead of somebody, else or and next thing you, know you's got another defensive gun USE.
Speaker 3: INCIDENTA i am firmly of the belief that if you regularly flip people off while you're, driving you have a serious problem that you need to get under control and you probably don't need to be carrying a.
Speaker 11: Gun you probably got some angry, issues, YEP i would.
Speaker 12: Assume.
Speaker 4: Yep all, right tell people ABOUT usa carry and what you.
Speaker 12: Do, yeah, Well i've been around since two thousand and.
Speaker 11: Seven we came out WITH Usa carry concealed carry reciprocity, maps so you can see what states here you can carry them when you're. Traveling lately we cover a lot of defensive gun use incidents and firearm news and putting out video.
Speaker 12: Content an app.
Speaker 11: Called the Armors, app so it's a firearm, logging maintenance, tracking am account app for your.
Speaker 12: Guns something new were working.
Speaker 3: On and then one of the things you, do you got the whole flying with guns, then because you do a lot of community on the, airlines and you, know while on the one, hand flying commercially with guns should be easy and often is, easy there are a lot of nuances to, it are there?
Speaker 12: Not, yeah every airline could be.
Speaker 11: Different i'm usually flying once a week Between Las Vegas airport And New, orleans SO i don't see a lot of different airports too, much BUT i have seen some over this the past couple of months going To Salt. Lake every place has different, policies whether you're bringing it TO tfa or they're bringing, it or do you have to wait fifteen minutes or.
Speaker 12: Not So, yeah it just all depends for.
Speaker 4: Somebody that hasn't done it.
Speaker 3: Before people get nervous and, say, oh, gum you Know i'm going to travel with. Guns i'm gonna fly with. Guns what instruction or information do you?
Speaker 11: Offer SO i usually just start with saying when you walk, up tell them you're declaring.
Speaker 12: Firearms it's the right. Terminology it kind of tells them you know what you're.
Speaker 11: Doing and one of the biggest tips people thanking for on my videos are getting a free setex packing slip and putting that on your hard side of case to.
Speaker 12: Where you can just put the declaration form on.
Speaker 11: The inside of that instead of them pulling out packing tape and taping it.
Speaker 12: Around oh, interesting.
Speaker 11: Sir, YEAH i stole that from somebody years, ago and that's my number one.
Speaker 4: Thing that's the stick clear plastic.
Speaker 11: Pouts, yeah can make the transparents just stick the declaration card right in, there right and usually they thank you for helping them.
Speaker 12: Out that's.
Speaker 3: Terrific, Yeah and the main thing is to know the rules the airlines have the information on their websites about traveling with. GUNS tsa has the information. There if you follow the, rules and if you are, pleasant you, know and not, confrontational even if they say something you're thinking that's not, right if it's not a big, deal just go with the flow and.
Speaker 4: Let it happen.
Speaker 12: Exactly it usually goes. SMOOTHLY i try not to be argumentative when it.
Speaker 11: Happens i've got it on video a few times WHERE i was arguing with them AND i had the one that letting them see inside my case for no, reason SO i didn't win in the. End the manager didn't want to see their guidelines WHEN i was showing them to.
Speaker 12: Her nobody wants to be, wrong so.
Speaker 11: And you either you, know you could either want to be right or.
Speaker 12: You can miss your flight or right.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah because they do have the ability to say you're not flying right.
Speaker 12: Now, yeah.
Speaker 3: Exactly so there it is all, Right, well, OKAY i appreciate. It and, LOOK i just saw the. STORY i thought we got to get you on to talk about. This it's another opportunity to say you need to change your, attitude you need to be like mister meek and mister mild and not take the, bait and certainly not be the one who's flipping people off and honking your, horn because you're going to spark the road.
Speaker 4: Rage and while you Think.
Speaker 3: I'm going to show them by you, know showing them That i'm, mad they may show you by shooting you between the.
Speaker 4: Eyes.
Speaker 11: Yeah they might be a little bit crazier than.
Speaker 12: You so there's.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 3: Yeah AND i always, say you never know what has happened in that person's, life and you're catching them at the perfect wrong, time and they're going to take it out on. You look McCoy FROM usa, CARRY i appreciate.
Speaker 12: It, Sir thanks for having me on.
Speaker 4: Good information. There just look at this crazy.
Speaker 3: Story two people get into an argument over their place and line at them anymore ends up being. Shooting you don't know who that person as he bumps into, you he, says, hey what are you? Doing and you respond in some of kind and all of a sudden you're off with the. Racist, really the problem, IS i think if you haven't thought about it ahead of, time if you haven't planned your, reaction you who knows what you're gonna. Happen you don't know how you're gonna. React if you have rehearsed it sitting in your big easy chair at. Home if this, HAPPENS i will do, this and you've gone over there a few, times that is how you. React you, go, Oh i'm, sure, sorry, here you go, Ahead i'm not in a, Hurry go, ahead big. Deal if the person insists on you're puffing, up back, away turn, around simply walk away if at all. POSSIBLE i, mean, LOOK i get. It there could be a scenario where you just. Can't guy's not gonna let. You but try to find a way out of, it for one, thing and this gets you into a whole different. Place if it turns out to be, that you've got to end up using yourself defense. Firearm if other people have seen you trying to disengage and de escalate along the, way they will be able to tell the police officers, that, oh, yeah this guy was just going at, him and this is this other fella talk about. You he was trying to get out of and he's, apologized he was backing, up he said you go, ahead you, know and then this guy just wouldn't let. Him, well you are building a force of support for. Yourself so this one is interesting story in of all. Places The New York times title of it is shooting ranges go, quiet luxury and, LOOK i get. It you're you're gonna, say, well we already knew, That yes we, did but they just discovered. It they're talking about shooting ranges that are, upscale what we have called country, clubs and they're talking about one In Los. Angeles it's called The. Range it's membership only gun. Club IT'S i, mean it's, fancy really, nice and people come. In they can bring their own, guns they can rent, guns their. Instructors it's, plush and memberships can run thirty five hundred to fifty five.
Speaker 4: Hundred dollars a. Year what is interesting about?
Speaker 3: This and let me back up to my, knowledge the first country club like this was The Scottsdale Gun club In, Scottsdale. Arizona it was and is a really top right. One The Centennial Gun club In denver is really. Good there are a number of them, around AND i get.
Speaker 4: It some people are, saying, really thirty five hundred dollars a year to go to a shooting. RANGE i get.
Speaker 3: It you've been going to a gravel pit with a burn barrel and it doesn't cost you. Anything and you can't imagine doing. That and yet there is an entire group of, people a. Demographic they can't imagine going to a gravel pit for a. Barnborough they're not going to do. That they're used to going to a golf country club and paying five thousand dollars ten thousand dollars a year for the membership and don't think anything about. It and, you, YEAH i hear you, saying, well that's not. Me, OKAY i got to understand. It but understand this when it comes to changing public. Perception how many times have you heard me talk about? This when it comes to changing public, Perception the people who go to a guntry club who can spend that kind of, money have. Influence they're having lunch with the, mayor they're having lunch with the. Governor these are people who are working in a different world and look not to priests, prejudge but that may be you what this really. Is we talk about this concept of The overton, window and that is The overton window is things that are actionable that the public will. Accept, well there was a time when maybe shooting wasn't something that the public was generally going to. Accept when you have people going to a country club and they have memberships that call it five thousand dollars a, year and they are sold out and there's a waiting, list and they have babysitting services at the shooting. Range and here's the place where people. GO i had a young couple, say, yeah we went there on our first. Date it becomes a place where young people want to go to take somebody on their first. Date or that's where he proposed to. Me you're changing what the public perceives and what the public accepts and what becomes. Normalized that this is an article in The New York. Times it's just one more tick, mark one more data point in the changing landscape and the broad based acceptance of, shooting of gun, ownership of the shooting, sports and of self protection with guns across the board that people are doing all across the. Country people are accepting it and understanding. It you, know if you want to weigh in on, this by all, means give me a holler phone. Number here Is Tom talk gun when you and, LOOK i get. IT a lot of us grew up going to a gravel. PIT i certainly. Did have you been to one of these? Places have you been to one of these upscale shooting ranges where you walk in you go. WOW i remember going to one In. FLORIDA i can't remember where it, was but this was fifteen years. AGO i walked in and, said, man this looks like An apple. Store it was fancy and nice with computer targets and you could shoot targets and electronically scored and set up there where you could actually send it from the shooting. Station from the booth where you're, shooting you could send the image of your targets to somebody through social. Media set up that, way, well they are appealing not only to a different group of, people but to a wider group of, people bringing more people into this shooting sports. Life To coiner, phrase since that's the name of our NEW tv, Network shooting Sports, life it's a, lifestyle or the tagline for our new channel is where freedom is a.
Speaker 4: Lifestyle and it is you think about the.
Speaker 3: Shooting part of it is about. Freedom it's about protecting. Yourself it's about AND i sometimes will mock the idea of people want to feel safe as opposed to being. Safe you know, what if they feel safe because they are in fact, safe because they have taken steps to protect. Themselves they're taking charge of their own, Safety they're not outsourcing their. Safety those are people now who will turn around and tell other, people you, know you ought to come out to the shooting range with, me come on out.
Speaker 4: Here different group of. People that's good because we have the core.
Speaker 3: Group the more people we bring into the shooting, sports the more people we bring into the world of gun.
Speaker 4: Ownership AND i get. It not everybody is.
Speaker 3: Going to become a Staunt Second amendment, advocate but they also are not going to be talking about those, people which is us because they become those.
Speaker 4: People and even if you got half of.
Speaker 3: Them to Become Second amendment supporters where they weren't, before that's.
Speaker 4: Big broadening the.
Speaker 3: Appeal making it easy for people to get involved in this is. Important it is part of our. Activism are one on one. Activism it doesn't have to be at a country. Club it can be wherever you. Go it can be just inviting a friend to. Go you, know WHAT i have found is that so often WHEN i mentioned THAT i like to shoot or like to go to the, RANGE i get a positive reaction for. People PEOPLE i don't. Know it could be your, doctor your dentist or. Whatever and if you, will if it's comfortable for, you can follow that up with. Me would you like to go to the range with me? Sometime you'd be. AMAZED a survey THAT nssf did said that half the women surveyed said that if they were invited to go, shooting they would. Go imagine, that not people at, range people just generally, speaking people who are, posed women who are polled said that if someone invited them to go, shooting they would. Go why are we not inviting? Them because once we get them, there they're gonna have. Fun we're gonna make sure they have. Fun were to give them the right, Gun we're gonna have them shoot close. Up we're gonna ensure that they have, success and they're gonna come away get. Thinking, man that was. GREAT i like to do that. Again you know WHAT i call?
Speaker 4: THAT i call that. Winning, well it's that time of year. Again something. Else it's.
Speaker 3: Summertime it's hot and a lot of parts of the country entry really really. Hot had a buddy down In Lake, Hasty. Arizona he sent me a note yesterday, says, yeah it's one hundred and thirteen here at the. Moment what one hundred and. Thirteen how do you do? That, well let's talk about shooting when it's that, hot going to the. Range first of, all get up really really really, early and go early. Early try to be down by ten eleven o'clock if you can. Hydrate of, course electrolytes are key in. This just pure water is not. Enough, actually too much water can kill. YOU i didn't know if you know, that you gotta have some electrolytes in, there whether you're mixing in with your water or maybe like doing A gator eight every.
Speaker 5: Third bottle of.
Speaker 3: Water my deal has always been when we've got OUR tv crews, out all the camper guys, out and everybody's, hot we got. Water here's our simple. Rule when you take a water bottle out of the, cooler you take the top, off you throw away the, top you can't put it back. On you take the top, off you drink it all. Period just drink. It you got, it and then within an hour you gotta do it. Again so what about your?
Speaker 4: Guns, yeah two.
Speaker 3: Things one is if they're sitting out in the, sun like AN ar fifteen or. Something you may have experienced. This they can get so hot sitting out there that you can't pick them up black gun in the, sun you might want to take a, towel like a white. Towel i've done this and draped it over the guns when they're laying on a. Table it actually works really well keep them cool. Down, SO i, mean it depends on your, range what the setup is and all. THAT i get, That but just in terms of being aware of the fact that everything can get really. Hot, actually when you got a round, chambered the gun could be so hot you can end up with excess pressure because everything is hotter in. There one other, thing when you're shooting your, handgun if you're doing, manipulations you're, drawing you're shooting and that kind of, thing and it's hot and you're outside and you're, sweating there is the very real possibility of dropping your. Gun you draw your gun out of your holster and as it's coming, out you fumble, it it slips in your. Hand you got sweaty. Hands and this you have to have put into your head before you get. There AND i, mean like really put this into your. Head you do not try to catch a falling. Gun let it hit, then let it hit the. Ground, yeah but that's my five. THOUSAND i don't care what it. COSTS i don't care if it's finally. ENGRAVED i don't care if it's got the best polish. EVER a gunsmith can make those. Repairs there is a not insignificant chance that when you try to catch a pistol that has slipped out of your, hands a finger or a thumb will go into the trigger guard and pull the, trigger and you don't know which direction the muscle is. Pointed the chance of it going off when it hits the ground is exceedingly. Small most guns just simply don't go off when you drop. THEM i, mean It's i'm not gonna say it's some, impossible but it's so rare as to be. Insignificant but when you try to catch a, gun and, look here's the, THING i, understand it comes out of your. Hands if what is your instinct you've got to reach out there and grab it or hit the. Ground you have to have put it in your head ahead of time and think about. It if a gun comes out of my, Hands i'm just gonna let it, Go just let it. Go and we've done this over and over again with blue. Guns you, know drop, them have them flipped around try to grab, them AND i don't, know two times out of, ten one time out of, ten whatever it, is a thumb or a finger goes into that trigger guard where it'd be on the, trigger and the gun's pointed at the guy who's trying to catch. It SO i just offered that as up your summer safety. Tip, guns get, hot, hands get, sweaty be, aware take, breaks because if you're tired and fatigued and heat, exhausted you're also. Unsafe it may not be making good decisions. There you go and keep an eye on your buddies out. There if they start to.
Speaker 4: Look, bad get them cool down and get them into some. Shade