Speaker 1: Welcome back to Sasquatch theory. In this episode, I traveled to the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma to speak with Cynthia from Telequah. What began as strange out like sounds in the woods would eventually turn into years of unexplained activity around her secluded property. Cynthia describes rocks being thrown at her near the chicken coop, mysterious foul odors, livestock disappearing without a trace, and an unsettling feeling that something was constantly watching her from the surrounding forest. The encounters became even stranger when mysterious dirt mounds appeared inside her chicken coop, carefully constructed with rocks and decorated with the feathers of her missing chickens. None of the materials came from the coop or the surrounding area, leaving Cynthia with more questions than answers. She shares childhood experiences that looking back, may have been connected to the same mystery wor these isolated incidents, or has something been following her throughout her life. If you enjoy listening to real life Bigfoot encounters, feel free to like the video, subscribe the channel and if you have a bigfoot or crypted encounter that you would like to share with me sometime here on Sasquatch Theory, feel free to reach out sometime at Sasquatch Theory at outlook dot com. If you want to help support the channel, you can join the membership today for early access to all my videos additional content. You can also help support the channel by donating to the go fundme link and the description down below. And this will help me with purchasing a new set of pulsar thermal binoculars. That would mean so much to me, and we would be able to purchase something that would actually benefit the entire Bigfoot community if we capture.
Speaker 2: Some real evidence.
Speaker 1: With all that being said, let's dive straight into Cynthia's bigfour encounters from the state of Oklahoma. All right, Cynthia, welcome to Sasquatch Theory. How are you doing today.
Speaker 3: I'm doing good. I'm anxious to tell me a story and maybe get some insight from you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, Cynthia, If you would tell me a little bit about yourself, where you're from, and your experiences from the very beginning, please.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I live in Tulsa now, but I've lived since nineteen ninety five, except for going away for jobs, a little bit down in Tataquah, Oklahoma, which is in Cherokee County. That's our capital of our tribe. And I lived on a property that used to be allotted land, but I think the people lost it for taxes. It wasn't my family land. It was someone else's that we bought the land and housing out buildings in nineteen ninety five, and there were forty acres and it's up on a hill in the woods and down around. It's almost like a panoramic view of the cooks and hills, and there's gullies and valleys and places that are hard to get to. So it's very, very heavily wooded. And the house sits on almost like a plateau of seven acres, and then the thirty three acres are down and down and down. I think some of it's in the floodplain. And there's a cave on that property that they say pretty boy Floyd used to hide in. I don't know if that's true, but it could be. So that's where I came from, and that's where I had these experiences, and I've been very shy about sharing them. I shared them with a couple of my kids when it happened, and a couple of the older grandkids and grandkids of course, and they're like ooh, and my kids are like mom. So I just really haven't shared much. But I had some experiences, and I didn't know very much about Bigfoot, so I didn't I didn't know a whole lot. And then I started watching that show Finding Bigfoot, and it explained some things I had experienced. So in twenty fourteen, I got divorced after forty two years of marriage, and I kept the house and the seven acres so and like I said, it was heavily wooded, and then it had a gully underneath the seven acres and nobody was ever there. And it's way out in the country. I have neighbors, nobody's really close, but not far from my house is a fence that connects to the neighbors, and there'll be the experience I had over there. So the first thing I remember was sounds that sounded like an owl. But I was raised in the country and I know what a real owl sounds like, and I knew it wasn't a real owl. Hoots, and I would just blow it off. I just thought it's just teenage boys wandering through the woods having fun, hooting back and forth to one another. That's what I thought it was, because I didn't, like I said, I didn't know much about bigfoot experiences. I didn't know that that was part of it. But anyway, that happened for a long time. And then the first thing I remember was after the hooting, I was out at my chicken coop. This coop was a big edifice. It was almost a small barn, and it was pretty far from the house and it was at the top of where it almost falls down a gully, heavily wooded. You can't even see the bottom of it for the trees. But anyway, I was raising chickens and peacocks and guineas, and we had, just before my husband and I divorced, built this fantastic peacock room for you know, to keep everybody safe at night from coyotes mostly, and so it was a really really nice coop. And behind the coop, which would be right before you go down that gully, people would put you know, if a lawnchair died, you just stick it back there, you know, we'll just deal with it later. It wasn't trash trash, but it was just things like that, like buckets and different things like that. And one day I was out at the coop and I thought, you know, I'm clean some of that up and put some of it out for the trash man to get. And so I went behind there and I got kind of an armload and I was coming back around and when I got to the side of the coop, I was pelted with rocks. And they were rocks, they weren't It wasn't gravel rocks, and it wasn't huge rocks that would like knock you out, but maybe an inch across that kind of thing, and not just one or two, a lot of rocks. That reminded me of something that happened in my childhood. And if you'll remind me, i'll get back to that. And I guess I knew enough by then about bigfoot that I just figured that's what it was. And there was some big foot down down the hill and they didn't want me back there, and it scared me, but it didn't devastate me. You know. It's like I got the message, fine, clean that up. So not long after that, I took a vacation out to the East Coast. I have a daughter that lives out there, and I was gone a while and one of my Cherokee cousins and her husband were going to take care of my birds for me and come over every day. And I always had like four or five dogs, I had cats, you know, I always had a lot of animals. So when I got home, they came over, and you know, I was going to pay them and thank them, and her husband and I went out to the coop to look at something and what it was. And so I asked him and said, how did everything go? Because he would usually come over with her to help at night, you know, and he said okay. I said okay, and then he looked at me and he goes, but I had something happened out here at the coop, and I could tell he's kind of hesitating telling me. And he said, when I was over on this side, because we did have an extra cage over there that we would keep certain birds in sometimes if you needed to separate birds, we had made one. It was kind of on still. It was a really really nice cage. Nothing could get in it, and maybe I had something over there at that time. I don't really remember, but anyway, he had been on that side and he said something started throwing rocks at me. And he looked at me, like, you don't believe me, right, and I kind of nodded. I'm like, yeah, it happened to me too. And so we sat down under a tree and started talking. And he had had a big foot encounter when he was a teenager at a place called Silver Pumpkin Holler. He was dating a girl that they were in high school, and they went out to park and so he turned his car off the dirt road. We have a lot of dirt roads out there, and one came right in front of their car, looked at him and it was terrifying. And his report to me was she was so terrified she had mental problems after that never did recover. So that sounded pretty scary. So yeah, I believed him because I had begun to send some presences on my property. I never saw one, thank god, because I lived by myself. But so I told him what had been happening the hoots, and then I had been feeling a presence at the back of my backyard. My backyard was fenced in and I had a doggy door for dogs and cats to go in and out, you know, and then the rest of the yard was open to all the acreage, the front yard and side yards and everything. But I have felt a presence at the back of that backyard, and nothing I can really prove, but I felt it, and it did not scare me. And again, I didn't know much about bigfoot. I didn't know if they were all bad all good. I just knew they were I'd heard enough people by this time talking that I trusted that, yeah, there's something out there, some kind of ape or something, and it's a weird feeling. I did not feel scared. I almost felt watched over because I'm by myself now, right some nights when I'm headed back from the chicken coop, because I would chuck them in every night, I'd say good night, yeah, towards the backyard. I just going to wave my hand. Thank god. I never did putting food out or anything. So that happened for a long long time after I became alone. And I love animals, and I just at that time, I don't know, they might be something else. I'm learning lots of things, but at that time I thought it was just you know, primate of some sort and good at hiding. And yeah, I didn't. I didn't feel scared. I never did. And then that went on for a long long time. And one night I was coming back from the chicken coop and over by my neighbor's fence. Now his house wasn't there, but that was his property fence, not very far. I had a garage. It was a garage workshop. You could put three or four cars in there. The guy we bought it from was a builder. He had this most fantastic workshop in there. So that wasn't far from this fence. And I was coming to the house and this odor just overwhelmed me. I had never smelled anything like that. And like I said, I'm a country girl. I know what dead animals smell like. This was not just your regular dead animal that died that you need to go clean up or something. It was horrible. I didn't know. I don't know to this day what I was smelling, except having learned about bigfoot, I thought, okay, there's one right there, and I felt it and I felt scared. This time. It did not feel good. It was dark over there. Oh. I I probably had my porch light on, but you can't see that far to that fence with porch light. But then I went in the house, calmed myself down, probably locked on the doors, and later I went out and that it was gone, And if it have been a dead animal, that odor still would have been there because it was so strong. I'd never before since smelled anything like that. I was horrid. Later, you know, watching I started watching Bigfoot, Finding Bigfoot. Yeah, I would hear them talk about stuff like that, so I figured it was one, but I didn't feel like it was someone that had been my backyard watcher, guardian, whatever, And then a couple of other things one one year. It was probably a couple of years after I was divorced alone. My best guy friend from junior High had a friend who had a trailer who was kind of traveling through and wanted to park it, you know, at my place, and I needed some carpentry work done on my porch and he he could do that for me. So I'm sure you can park there, because I trusted him, because I trusted my friend. And he used to drink, stopped drinking, but then he started evidently drinking again, and he came out one night with these pistols that my friend had given him and start shooting him up in the air, which is illegal. I can't do that, but he did it, and ever since those pistols went off, I never since the presence behind my fence again ever. And then the next thing, I'm gonna tell you, I don't know why. It's scary. I'm almost crying telling you this. This is the scariest part for me personally, and I want to know if anybody else's experienced this. I kind of just need somebody somewhere to tell me that this happened, that they've seen this. So this happened back out at my chicken coop. The first thing, Now, this is not scary, but I had gone back to work, and I knew all my chickens and guineas really well because I hand raise them in the house before they get too stinky, and then I put them out, so I know them all. They're all named, and my chickens were an assortment different different breaths, so I began to notice everyone so all that one would be missing. This would be in the daytime when I would come home in the afternoon. And then I started putting it together that it was happening on Fridays. That every Friday, one chicken was missing. And this is not the scary part. And I thought, well, maybe somebody lives around here that's super poor and they just needed to feed their family for the weekend. At least they just take one, you know. And I still don't know what was taking it. But after a while I had no more chickens, so my peacock, the others were gone except for one peacock and he was my personal buddy, and he slept outside my door in an old tree, o hickory tree, and he would not go in the coop anymore. He stopped going in the coop. I couldn't get him in there, and he would stay in his tree even when it snowed. So the coop and guineas travel. They you don't keep guineas for a long time, you know, maybe you're lucky to keep them for two years, because they just wonder. They're very wondering. And so my guineas were all gone, my chickens were all gone. My peacock's in the tree, so I'm not really using my chicken coop. And to tell you the truth, the rock pelting was kind of scary to me. So it's like, well, I have a coop in the backyard. I could get some bannies and enjoy them back there, because I was working and it gets icy sometimes in the winter, and I don't need to get out there in the ice. It's a long ways to walk, and so I just kind of let that coop go. But I was out there one day. I don't know if I was going to go clean or I don't know what I went out there for, because there were no birds out there, but I went out there to go inside. And when I went inside, this is the scary part for me, and it probably won't sound scary to anybody else, but it was so scary. There had been some crafting going on in there, and it was done in the biggest room, which was the peacock room, and something had built this mound. There's two mounds. There was a big one and one that was maybe half that size, maybe even smaller than that. And I would say this mound was a couple of feet high. It was, I mean, it was very very noticeable, maybe a couple of feet wide. You know, it would be kind of round at the bottom, and it tapered up to kind of a small thing at the top, and what it was made out of was it was made Now, remember I worked, so I was gone in the days and this was daytime, And so they had used dirt and rocks, kind of small rocks, a few big rocks, maybe fist sized rocks would be the biggest. And they had mixed the rocks and the dirt together to make these mounds. But that's not even the scariest part. First of all, that none of these materials came from inside the you could cook. There were no holes, dug. I don't keep rocks in there. So whatever, you know, however they got that stuff in, I don't know. But they picked up feathers in my chicken coop. They used chicken feathers and guinea feathers because they were still kind of laying around back in the guinea chicken area, and had poked them in these mounds on the side, decorated at the top, decorated mounds in my chicken coop. Now, I have no children that live around my neighborhood. I don't really have neighborhoods in the country. There's no explanation for it. And I will just tell you it's it's scaring me to tell you this for real. It was so scary. I felt so invaded. And I don't know if it was a message. I don't know, if they were just having fun, whatever was happening. Maybe it was an homage to all my chickens being gone. I don't know. But I went back to the house and like, you know what, I need a picture, and I grabbed my iPad many because it took pretty good pictures. My phone at that time was kind of a cheaper one, and I went out and I took pictures and I thought I got pictures, and when you look at them, they're all blurred. I can't I really can't prove it to anybody. So I haven't really told anybody that part of the story because it's so scary. So if you know of anybody else that's had moundwork done in there, you know, their property, I'd kind of like to know what's that all about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that definitely is terrifying, and I can see why it startled you. Maybe the Sasquatch are connected to the ancient mound builders.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts about that?
Speaker 3: Well, I think that's probably yeah. I mean, the more I'm learning about different things that we never thought about. I think that's very possible. And there was something about the shape that alarmed me. It was too perfect, you know what I mean. It didn't and it did not look like a child could do it. I have eight grandchildren. I don't think any of my grandchildren could build anything like that. It was I don't know, it's kind of perfect. So yeah, do you hear of anybody else that had that happen? I kind of like to have people's thoughts on them. So when I was a kid, I lived down in Sulfur, Oklahoma, which is central Oklahoma, and we didn't really have a whole lot of woods. We had some, We had forty acres, but my dad was a doctor and so we weren't like a farm. But he liked farming, so he would bail hay. We raised a couple of them calves, you know, we had five horses. We didn't have any birds, but we had a great barn. And that's when you bail haden. It would be those rectangles, you know, and you stack them up in your barn and you they're fun because you can kind of stack them up and go sit on them. And I miss those kind of hay bales. So I was out there one day. It was in the daytime, and I don't know what I was doing, just some chore, and my back was to the hay bales and I was getting ready to go out the front barn door, the big barn door, and something started hitting my back, and not just one or two things, lots of stuff. There was nobody out there but me, and I glanced around and looked behind me, and it was corn kernels, like you feed your horses, a lot of them. So something was throwing something at me. So I went to get my daddy. It must have been on the weekend because Daddy was home, and I went to get him and he went out with the rifle and didn't find anything. And then the other strange thing that happened to me that same house, same country house. It was a long ranch house, and we had a lot of kids. They ended up having seven kids, my parents and my bedroom was all the way at one end where the kitchen the dining room, and there was a living room, and there was a hallway. Everybody else's bedrooms are way down on the other side of the house. Excuse me, I have to cough hold on, Okay, So My bed was near the outside of the house, which was actually that end of the house face to the barn. And one night I kept hearing our middle our little red wagon they used to call them, being pulled around out there. All right, well, there's first of all, there's nobody. We don't have a neighborhood because we're in the country, so that what's happening. It was like in the middle of the night, like past midnight, and it kept happening, and then it stopped. And I'm about to go back to sleep, and I hear this breathing and I hear something. I feel something that has sat down on the wall outside, and it's pretty close to my bed, and you could hear it like bump up against the wall, like you would lean back, and I would hear this heavy breathing, almost like it was hard for this person, which I thought it was a person to breathe, and I thought maybe it was I don't know, some wonderers, some homeless man. I don't know. But this scared the pea waddy out of me. So I got up and I ran down the hall all all the way down to the end of the house. And my parents had added another bedroom for themselves down at the other end. It was a really long thing, and I woke my parents up, and Daddy again, he gets up and he gets his rifle and he comes out. He couldn't find anybody. He was sweet to look but and he didn't shame me or anything. He just said, I looked and looked, I didn't find anybody, and he took his flashlight stuff. So I've often wondered since I found out a big photo, maybe that was, you know, an experience with one or two or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it possibly could be.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like it maybe could have been paranormal activity out there, like spirits of people that used to live out there.
Speaker 3: I mean it could be. We know that we knew the people who built the house and they were still alive, you know, so you know, I wouldn't I wouldn't rule out anything. Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that definitely possibly could have been the Sasquatch or even settlers who used to live in Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you know, there's all kinds of things that occur, so yeah, probably probably won't ever know, but but those were a couple of scary things. I can just remember my dad running out there with it's gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anything else you can recall.
Speaker 3: Uh. The only other odd thing that happened to me in the woods was in my grandmother's woods and she lived. That was my favorite place on earth. She lived down in southeastern Oklahoma, past Antler's pastor at Tan, the little community called Correen just before you get to Olita. So if your listeners are from that area, then I know exactly what I'm talking about. There's not they're not even a post office there anymore, though. But her neighbor's pasture was someplace that my friend and I went and we were gonna wade the creek from there, part of the creek all the way to my grandmother's pasture to her creek. That was just start things. So we were standing in those little stand I guess you'd call them of trees, and I think we were looking at what we brought for lunch. We were about maybe eleven, maybe twelve, and we were barefoot, and we were just standing there. This doesn't have anything to do with bigfoot. I didn't have any of those kinds of things. But this is daylight. This is like maybe after lunch, I don't know. And this pack of wolves, I don't know if they were real I don't know if they were real wolves or something else. Came trotting past us. It's almost like you could reach out and touch them. This isn't the daytime. Wolves are nighttime animals, right, And they were standing very close to one another, just kind of trotting together. They weren't coyotes, because I knew what coyotes were. They were wolves. And they didn't even pay us any attention. It was like we weren't even there and they just went past us. And I can't get that out of my head. That was the weirdest thing. And we're just like looking at each other like what did we just see? Yeah, so that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very interesting. And what other bigfoot encounters and experiences have you heard from friends or locals in the area.
Speaker 3: Oh, in the Tahlequah area, I haven't heard a whole lot, but I know they have. I think it's once a year. And I never did go to it over in Adare County stillwell, because there's a lot that's happened over there, and they they have a gathering, but I never did go. If I had actually seen one with my eye, I probably would have gone, you know. And so the only one I know for sure is the one my cousin's husband told me about, because I haven't brought the subject up. You know, it's kind of embarrassing because sometimes people just look at you like, yeah right.
Speaker 2: So I guess I didn't.
Speaker 1: Really was embarrassing for even Native Americans to talk about I guess they've been silenced for so long. Even the Natives don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not in the traditional Native because I was adopted out of the tribe. Yeah, and I only found out that I was Cherokee when I was thirty seven, and as soon as I could, I was in Ohio. I moved to tah Quah and began to reconnect to my roots, So I didn't grow up in a household where they told those stories.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So around is it still Well or still Water, that that would be the area to connect with the natives, the Cherokee people, to possibly learn more about the.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a town called still Well and they advertised their their meeting, their annual or annually I'm not sure which they have, like a meeting over there. Anybody can come and just share town meeting whatever. And that's still Well and that's in a Dare County. It's not far from Tahaquah. We're all I mean, my grandmother was from there, so we're all connected. And then Kenwood is where that the squirrels are from up in there.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah, that would be the area to visit. Right around ken Wood. I feel like I could get a lot of information about the Sasquatch.
Speaker 3: And my area was in the Welling area and it's so wooded back in there, and I have heard I can't tell you any stories because I don't know them, but I have heard there's been a lot of spottings out there. But it makes sense because it's just it's wild out there. We are out there where the hills that are the Cooks and hills they're the foothoo hills of those arcs, and we have the big Illinois River and the Illinois River branches that run through there and have lots of deer. There's lots of deer hunting, lots of deer, lots of squirrel, lots of monnies. It's a rich area for you know, supporting life. So yeah, but I can't direct. But when you talk to the people in Stillwell, they'll probably have people you can talk to from the welling area where I was from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be great.
Speaker 1: And after moving to the new property, when did the activity begin. Was it shortly after you built the chicken coop?
Speaker 3: No, it only began for now. The hooting probably began probably twenty thirteen. I believe it was happening before my divorce. I moved there in nineteen ninety five, but when they started was when I get divorced, which is twenty fourteen. When I was by myself and the property was when something started happening. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 1: So when you were isolated alone, the creature started interacting with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I was alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get that a lot with reports. I've had women tell me that when their husbands would go to work the activity would always start, or when they're alone in general.
Speaker 3: Gross. Well, I'm glad I wasn't terrified. That would have been hard on. You know, you're getting over a divorce after forty two years of marriage and you're being terrified. So I guess I should be grateful. I wasn't terrified until the found building, and that was a few years after the divorce. But I will tell you that my love for my property damned after that, and now I live in Tulsa, where some of my kids live, so I don't live down there anymore. And I missed my woods and everything that I the mound building incident when I wasn't having anything else happen because I thought things. I think I thought everything was gone. You don't like to be scared on your own property when you live by yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it wasn't a pleasant feeling. It was more of a morbid feeling.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Natives and Cherokee Nation sometimes described that as bad medicine, and you need to get cleansed by a medicine man to kind of make it go away. So yeah, No, I definitely understand where you're coming from, and that would be disturbing to find. I can't imagine how you felt how many rocks.
Speaker 3: I don't even know why I felt that way, you know what I mean, I really don't know. It must have been the intent, but it felt It made me feel like, man, I thought I was free of all that and something still things they can come on my property and you know, do something scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't feel like they were gifting you and thanking you for the chickens. I feel like they were claiming your chicken coop as their own, like this is ours.
Speaker 3: I do too. That other one that I said that was a joke. Yeah, I never felt that because it made me feel bad. I think you would not make you feel bad. This made me feel bad, and I did feel invaded, and I did. I did feel that what you just said, Yeah, they were claiming it as their owns, like we're still here, we can come in here and do what we want. And so I never did put anything back in that chicken coop. I didn't even like walking out there, and it kind of destroyed my love of walking in my woods. I had beautiful woods, had these huge this one part was a pine forest and these pine trees were so old you couldn't put your arms around them. They had the big thick bark and the and you know pine needle uh flooring. It was so beautiful and uh my grandkids lived it out, loved it out there. We had a lot of fun out there. One time I was out there, I didn't let the grand kids go out there after after a while, after I saw this, except in this area right by my house, I'd let them go there, but I would be with them. Because back two three acres back from the house you can't see it from the house. There had been some downed trees the long walk. Let's say, not that they'd been cut, but I guess they's just fallen, you know, not huge placed around like you would if you were going to sit in a circle or a rectangle or something have a meeting. It could have been humans doing that, but that's another thing that happened. But that took my like, okay, well my kids, our grandkids can't wander around back there.
Speaker 1: So anyway, did you ever find any tracks or any rock piles left on your porch, anything strange like that.
Speaker 3: No, And I never felt like anything came up to the house. It's just a feeling, you know, but I never felt it. I never saw anything. I never saw anything odd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And what was your initial impression when you noticed that birds were going missing every Friday? Did you think it was just a fox or something then or did you know that it was.
Speaker 3: No, It's like I said, I thought, well, there are some places down the dirt road where people don't have a lot of money, you know, kind of poor, and so my first thoughts were somebody is just needing food for their family. And because there were no there was no blood, there was no feathers, there was no sign of a struggle, you know, and pretty early in the day for foxes to come around anyway, it's in the afternoon. So now I thought for a long time it must be And I didn't realize that it was Friday until I really started thinking about it. I had to think back when it happened. You know, several chickens were like, oh, oh, it's Friday's when I come home. So that's why I thought it was a person, you know, maybe to feed their kids on the weekend or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it definitely sounds like juvenile activity to me, since they were throwing smaller racks rocks at you, and they weren't trying to hit you with giant rocks, and they weren't like doing terrifying vocalizations. I would say they were focusing on the chicken house and maybe the mound was their way of saying thank you. But also I understand where you're coming from, like they invade your private space and it just doesn't look right.
Speaker 3: No, there was something about it that and I am sensitive, I'm spiritually sensitive and I'm older, so I've experienced a lot in life, and I'm pretty stable, you know. But that hit me. I don't even think I can describe it as to how it hit me. It terrified me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, something was still.
Speaker 3: Maybe something was maybe a presence was still in the coop. I don't know. I don't know what terrified me, but it did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was the.
Speaker 3: Odor didn't terrify me, the thought that there. And I did think that that you you know, that you brought up juveniles. I did think about the juveniles, especially at night. I felt like whatever was back there was not huge, and I can actually kind of see it in my in my mind, but I didn't see it with my eyes. I didn't. I didn't feel like it was one of those great, big towering whatever. Now, the one with the odor, I don't know what that was. That was that was a different whatever it was, whatever it was. So, yeah, but I did think juveniles. I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could have been one of the parents around in the area, not happy that their kids were playing in your yard. Maybe maybe you got too close and it released that pheromone that smells like I don't know, sometimes it can smell like death or sulfur or trash.
Speaker 3: It was everything. It was like all the stinky things you can think of, because I couldn't even pick out one thing, but it's it's yeah, it's interesting because it wasn't that way. When I came out my door to go up to my coop. Everything was normal. And then when I came from the coop down to get back to the house, that's when it was. And it was overwhelming, and I knew exactly where it was. I knew, I knew I probably could have walked to it, but I wasn't going to And then I went in the house and then later I came back out and no more, no more odor.
Speaker 1: So yeah, very interesting. And your friend that had the sighting encounter, that was what this girlfriend what exactly were they doing when they had the encounter.
Speaker 3: They were parking, you know how you go on a date and you park in the road to seeking smooch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's kind of what I figured. And I've had reports in the past where people were doing that or even more and sasquat shows up.
Speaker 3: And where they were is very very isolated, and it really if you ever travel in that area, you'll you'll be like whoa, where's the next house? Because there's there's some great woods and houses far and few and far between, great dirt roads. You know, there's a lot out there in that part of the country, Cherokee County, in Adare County.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, I hate hearing that.
Speaker 1: It really messed with their psychologically, and she never recovered.
Speaker 3: That's what I heard. And it could be that she took her own life. Yeah, you know, she probably wasn't the type that could handle something like that. I mean, some people do that and they're they're okay. I mean the guy was, but I mean it affected him. It was. It's pretty horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: Did he describe what this sasquatch creature look like?
Speaker 3: He did? I'm not sure that I could recall it all to you. But it was big, and it was kind of brownish reddish hair. He knew what it was. I guess he'd heard a lot of stories. His family's from, you know, from there, I know all his family, huge family.
Speaker 1: So yeah, wow, And it was close to the vehicle, correct, Oh.
Speaker 3: Right in front of it, like I see you through the window.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that's terrifying.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, and you know you think about it. There were teenagers, so and I don't know if she was native. I know that he probably well, he obviously knew what it was, so he had heard lots of nice stories, you know traditional. Yeah. I didn't get to know my traditional people. My mother kept my ancestry from me and wouldn't let me meet my dad. And I did it anyway when I was thirty seven, and the first thing he said to me is, did you know we're Cherokee? I said, no, sir, I don't know anything. He said, we are, and I will help you get your you know, tribal membership and those and of your children, because I had three children. He was an attorney, but he was dying. He was in a hospital and I only saw him for four hours. But his heritage was very important to him. And he was raised in Tahlequah, and my whole family history on that side was in Tahquah's Both his parents were Cherokee. So yeah, so I moved there and I got to know lots of people that I'm kin to, which is about half the town. But I had to put the puzzle pieces together, you know, after I was grown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and at first you believe this was simply an unknown primate. Has your opinion changed over time?
Speaker 3: Well, I've been doing a law study that's out there about nepheline and different things like that. So I kind of tend to know to believe those kinds of theories because they disappear, you know, and people take pictures of things that turn out weird, which happened to me because I know I had those pictures. So yeah, it could be shape shifters. I know those are real and could be portals that they disappear into. There's all kinds of things out there, so I'm still learning and I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, And is there anything about your experiences that we haven't covered that you think is important for people to hear or is that everything?
Speaker 3: Well, from what I'm learning, I don't think any of them are very friendly. I wouldn't be friends with one. I wouldn't be saying good night to those in the back or that one in the back. Yeah, from what I know now, But I didn't feel afraid, and I like animals, so you know that was where I was at at that time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I completely.
Speaker 3: Understand that my chickens were investing either.
Speaker 1: Well, I definitely believe you these creatures, these beings are certainly in Oklahoma. So yes, Cynthia, I appreciate you for logging down your experiences on sasquatch theory, and if you ever encounter anything else in the future, definitely reach out to me.
Speaker 2: I would love to hear about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you very much. The only thing I wanted to share about that I wanted to feedback on was the mounds. I wanted to know if the if they're doing that other places, and if that particular shape has a has a message or meaning or because the two were the same and it didn't, I mean maybe maybe juvenile sex sesshalk. I can't say the word sasquatch are artistic. These were These were artistic. They were measured, they were planned, they were oh what's the word where? Not even that they were symmetrical, thank you. They were symmetrical and they matched and they they hit me like a message. But I don't know what it was, you know. That's the only thing I'd like to know if other people could help me with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the best thing I could say is it was probably the Sasquad trading mounds, because the native people of this land say they were here before they were And they also say that about the ancient mound builders, that they were there before the natives showed up. So I would say there's some sort of connection there. Did you scoop out the mounds.
Speaker 2: With like a shew? Okay? Because I was wondering maybe there was a chicken underneath there?
Speaker 3: Oh god, Well, the next time I got the courage to go out there, they were gone. Really, yes, they were flattened, they were disappeared. There was still some rocks there and maybe some dirt because it was a dirt floor anyway, So if you spread it all out, you know, I guess they could have just left all the materials there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they could be possible they buried the chickens underneath the mound. Grizzly bears will do that with their kills. They'll cover it dirts and sticks over their kill pile and come back and get it later. So if the mound went messing when you went back, if it disappeared, then I would say that's likely what happened.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I just know it was gone, and I'm like, okay, well I'm not coming back anymore.
Speaker 2: Did you ever end up getting more chickens after that, or was that it?
Speaker 3: I only got bandy chickens, you know, the small ones, and I had already had a small coop in the backyard for bannies so you can watch them because they're little, you know. And so I have my big chickens in the in the big coop, and I kept little ones in the backyard so they couldn't get out. So I got more of those, but that, but that's it. I didn't use the coop after that, Nope. But then again, I was working, so I just really didn't want a whole lot of animals to take care of in the winter, so because you have to carry hot water out there and you know, make sure your chickens don't freeze. So the little coop was really all I wanted to mess with anyway. So yeah, so that's that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's completely understandable. And yeah, if I'm ever in Oklahoma, I'll give you a shout out and maybe we can meet up.
Speaker 3: And oh my god, well cool. Well, I appreciate you and thank you for believing me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely believe you, and I appreciate you as well, and I'm very grateful that you openly shared these experiences on sasquatch Theory.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, all right, Cynthia.
Speaker 1: You have yourself an excellent day, and if you have any questions, feel free to reach out. If I find more information about the dirt and rock mounds, I will definitely.
Speaker 2: Shoot you a message. Okay, thank you so much. Yeah, thank you, and you take care of yourself, you too, good Bye.
Speaker 1: I want to thank Cynthia for having the courage to share her experiences on the channel that she's kept to herself for many years now. It isn't easy talking about events that most people might dismiss, especially when those experiences leave a lasting emotional impact. If you've experienced anything similar, whether it's unexplained vocalizations, rock throwing, strange structures, missing livestock, or an encounter with something you can't explain, you can reach me at Sasquatch Theory at outlook dot com. If anyone knows anything about the mounds of sasquatch left in her chicken coub feel free to reach out, whether in the comments or if you experience this for yourself, you can reach out by email. Every story is treated with respect, and if you'd like to remain anonymous, I'm happy to accommodate that. If you enjoy these interviews and want to help support future expeditions, podcasts, and research, please consider subscribing, leaving a like, and sharing this episode with someone who enjoys exploring the unknown. Until next time, stay safe, keep searching, and I'll see you on the next episode of Sasquatch Theory.