Speaker 1: On on on. Welcome to the CEO pre Shio for episode four ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Four ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Yes, holy, oh my god. We're brought to you by the wonderful patrons at patreon dot com slash CCO podcast.
Speaker 2: Whether they like it or not, that's it, and.
Speaker 1: We are fresh back from the ceceal Experience Las Vegas twenty twenty five, where we had liquid and salt diet for five days.
Speaker 2: Yes, wait, yes, yes, that's it.
Speaker 1: And we're drinking some Niicomas craft Can you see them screen? It's it's probably gonna get green screened out, but we're drinking Niicomas Long Lake Lagger and they were allowed to do that because they are owned and operated by the same people that own and operate Pile of Bones sick. Yeah, and it's good. Yes, and I would drink some more of it if if there was more, and there fucking is, And we're gonna we're gonna talk about some magic this week. I did a thing.
Speaker 2: Oh what's the thing?
Speaker 1: I went to Magic Con Las Vegas. Were you there only in body?
Speaker 2: Yes? I was, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: I did a thing where I didn't go around to every vendor and take pictures of expensive stuff. I didn't watch any of the preview panels or world building panels.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm gonna keep going.
Speaker 1: I didn't go to the cosplay contest with my good friend Mac. Oh. Yeah, that's kind of sucky. I didn't do any of those things because you know what I was doing. Tell me, playing freaking Magic? What playing freaking magic? What? Playing freaking magic?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I played the most games that I've played at a Magic con since like probably twenty twenty one or twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I played lots of games on Friday, and I was fucking schwacked like all day. And I played a whole draft plus games on Saturday, and then I played a bunch of Commander games on Sunday. Wow. I even stood in line to buy merch like a frickin nerd.
Speaker 2: Wow, what did you get?
Speaker 1: Well? I got there on Sunday, so some of the stuff I wanted to sold out, But I did get a pin for my son's pin collection. He puts him on his hat and once they overflow his hat. I'm sure one of my battle vests eighty seven lanyards or a CEO battle vest, as everybody keeps asking, will eventually have a pin collection.
Speaker 2: That'd be cool. I'm pretty dope.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 2: So Guy and sink Gal bought me a glarb a pin, which I'm very excited about. Oh. I don't know what to do with it though, Like the background, like the back cardboard piece of the pin is the background of the art. And if you take glarbop of his throne, then he's not really a sexy point anymore. It's just a weird frog. So what do I do with it? Now?
Speaker 1: Embroider a thrown onto your battle jacket, et cetera.
Speaker 2: I could do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we I guess we're gonna do the Grand Vegas Thank You an Update episode on four ninety seven tomorrow. But right now, do you have any like topics or things or stories from Vegas that that aren't going to fit into the main.
Speaker 2: Show Sonic the Hedgehog Secret Layer?
Speaker 1: Ooh yeah? Was that previewed in Vegas or did that come out this week?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I didn't go to any of those events either. Yeah, I don't know what the hell I was doing. Man, I was that one with you?
Speaker 1: As you do in Vegas, sometimes you just blow away in the wind. Nobody ever misses you.
Speaker 2: Aiden said, to me Aiden all killer, no filler, chiller, killer, thriller. Miller never heard her, and he was like, dude, you just like waddle off into the ether and then nobody sees you for hours. Where do you go edge of eternity? And I was like, I don't, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Right, that's literally what they used to say to me. Yeah, you're schmoozing, you're looking at stuff, You're just doing non magic activities in general.
Speaker 2: And I barely schmoozed. Like I'd go to a thing that I wanted to look at and I'd bump into some people that like, yeah, knew and right is crazy. But anyway, back to Sonic the Hedgehog you're talking earlier, uh huh last week? Uh huhm. When is the Universes beyond going to hit something that, like, I don't know about? Hedgehog isn't one of them. I know, man, when they hit something that I just do not give a shit about? Is it so to Hedgehog?
Speaker 1: Is sure?
Speaker 2: Which makes me sad because some of the cards are really cool.
Speaker 1: I really did play a lot of Sonic. I was a Sega Genesis guy when I was young. I didn't have a Super Nintendo. I had a Sega Genesis and at the time.
Speaker 2: Though you have fast parents don't like you, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, while I am the redheaded middle child, and that is true. I had a Sega Genesis. Played some Sonic Sonica knuckles, the ones that stacked on top of each other.
Speaker 2: You know three in Sonica Knuckles very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and Sonic two and Sonic one. They all stacked on top of each other. I played them all and it was fun. Yeah. I think it's like any other secret layer sort of. It doesn't It doesn't tickle my nads. I was hoping for the like a Sonic ring that was gonna be a soul ring. There is not enough gol dang soul rings in secret layers.
Speaker 2: Is there's a sel ring in this one. It's not a ring, but there is a saw ring.
Speaker 1: Eh.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is it a ring where Sonic's doing a loop? No? Oh, that would be cool.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. It's not a ring. That's a that's a token of some kind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like he picks up rings and when he gets hit all the rings fly out. Yeah, yes, there's not.
Speaker 2: One of those, but there is a there's a ring and then the sel rings like Sonic like in a fucking ring. Noah's producing for us today. He probably doesn't know.
Speaker 1: He doesn't know, doesn't he's like fourteen.
Speaker 2: But he likes games. He likes games. He knows all kinds of stuff you wouldn't expect him to know because he's a gamer.
Speaker 1: King.
Speaker 2: Yes, and Sonic the Hedgehog, while not having a good game since nineteen ninety six, is in fact I long lived game franchise.
Speaker 1: Those are the ones I played. Yeah, just fy I can still hear the noise when Sonic gets hit and all the rings fly out of them. You can hear it too, can't chase?
Speaker 2: I can?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's a very famous video game sound, like like the one up sound or the Mario Jump sound.
Speaker 2: It is kind of neat how Sonic the Hedgehog gives all your creatures with haste or whatever. If they get hit, you make a treasure because you did you get a hit and all the rings fly out of them. That's pretty cool, right, Like that's pretty cool. I do opinion, didn't think of that. The cards are really cool. I just I don't really like Sonic the Hedgehog, so it's like I don't want to play. So now I kind of get like, I don't want to have Spider Man in my desk. I don't want to put knuckles in Noran.
Speaker 1: Knuckles in Nora.
Speaker 2: I do not move all that, you know what I mean. I just don't want to do that. I don't want to.
Speaker 1: But here we are, here, we are yeah, and goddam it's it's totally fine. I expected when I saw the Sonic like Card, I was like, Oh, there's the new Secret Layer. I'm gonna click through this cart image gallery and I'm gonna see a sol ring with either a loop or a ring.
Speaker 2: You got neither. But there's a soling, there is a soaring.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna see swift foot boots and lightning greaves and those are gonna be somebody's shoes and they are there, and they are there, right. I feel as though the more and more franchises you pick that are smaller and smaller because they're not all the sides of Final Fantasy and Lord of the Rings and Marvel, they get smaller and smaller and smaller and become more and more and more predictable. What would Secret Layer c COO be? It's just be beer.
Speaker 2: Wa it'd be there'll be a food token with a beer can on it. There'd be a brash tunter with me on it.
Speaker 1: Yes, there'd be a grove with me on it, with you on it. And I'm saying like actually, and then what would my catchphrase be?
Speaker 2: Mother ass? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And yours would be I want to feel a hard act the country on a brash taunter.
Speaker 2: Yes, precisely, yes, yes, And then we need like one more card. Ah, now I guess that one's the token, so it doesn't count. Then we get a basic mountain probably yeah, like that's made of like bottle caps with a shark like sitting on top of it counting them.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no. A mountain would be the pile of empty beer cans and trash bags and empty beer boxes at the CCO experience. That would be the mountain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. And then the swamp would be the septic tank underneath the house. Oh yeah, left.
Speaker 1: The swamp would be the booster box that I threw into the pool swamp ass.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: The swamp would be the bathroom in the house where the toilet didn't work. The bathtub.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't rain. Apparently that was because of a flood. I don't I don't know who told me that. Somebody told me that this year that the reason that the a couple of years ago house is bathtub didn't drain is because the plumbing was all fucked in that neighborhood because it was a flood.
Speaker 1: I did hear that.
Speaker 2: It's just such a weird thing to think about. In Las Vegas there was torrential rains and a flood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, man, what a world?
Speaker 2: And like, was the torrential rains like a rain we would get here and they're just not prepared for it because they're not used to rain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like snow in Texas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get Yeah, like we're got a massive blizzard in Texas. It's like an inch of snow and everybody's dead and like Austin is just on fire.
Speaker 1: Pipes are frozen and it's like.
Speaker 2: No running water or electricity for months.
Speaker 1: Looks like the cover image for Season one of The Walking Dead, where like the one horse is riding into town. Everybody's trying to get the fuck out of Dodge.
Speaker 2: Opening scene from twenty eight weeks later. Yes, I watched that this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, in preparation for twenty eight years later.
Speaker 2: I shall not be seeing twenty eight years later after watching twenty eight weeks later, this is the pre show I can say, I can I can say this I like twenty eight days later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a beloved horror and zombie franchise movie or became a franchise, a.
Speaker 2: Very novel, well done show.
Speaker 1: Is it based on.
Speaker 2: A book or a comic? Could be? Okay, it s another another genom question. Yeah, twenty eight weeks they make your survivor guy into a complete asshole number one total total heel turn.
Speaker 1: Have you seen Walking Dead? Like? That definitely happens with basically every character.
Speaker 2: He kills his wife. Okay, the first opportunity the guy in season one, episode one was gonna kill his wife and Walking Dead and then they stole it from twenty eight days later. What a derivative franchise that is. Hey, m it's.
Speaker 1: Almost like we had kicked off the secret layer of freaking universe scum. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyways, and then the movie just kind of it's just the same. It's kind of the same movie. Again, there's a third one.
Speaker 1: Aren't all zombie movies kind of the same movie?
Speaker 2: No, you can change it, like sometimes the zombies get smart. Sometimes you're in like a vastly different location, which gives you different ways of dealing with zombies. Like in Night of the Living Dead they're in a cabin, and then in the next one they're in a mall. Yes, same premise, but different situations. And then like City of the Dead, like the zombies have learned to use tools, and like there's a city where humans live, try to keep the zombies off. Oh yeah, so they change, they change over time. But I have the distinct and I'm not an expert on movies.
Speaker 1: You watch law you are the resident export expert out of me and.
Speaker 2: You okay, cool. So I'm the expert of the movies, so you have to believe me when I say the way horror movies franchises have typically gone over the last decade or so, I would suggest a more of the same movie from this franchise that probably sets up for a fucking another one, and that can just take a hike.
Speaker 1: So, now, if I were to stick with the naming convention of twenty eight something something something right, what's next like two hundred and eighty years later, it's like a post apocalyptic zombie movie. You're crossing genres. Now it'd be it's pretty fucking good, pretty smart.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest, it's gonna be twenty eight days later, twenty eight years later too.
Speaker 1: Fifty six years later, kid out like Final Fantasy fourteen to two.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's gonna be just like that.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like fifty six years later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, let me just get out of here, or the.
Speaker 1: Prequel fifty six hours before this. That's like when the goup gets spilled and turn somebody into a zombie. As if that wasn't covered in the movie, it probably was never seen.
Speaker 2: It was there another rage zombie movie where like Cilly and Murphy at the end, like injects a monkey's blood into him to kill the virus? Is that twenty eight days later?
Speaker 1: I would never inject somebody else's blood into my body unless it was under the explicit direction of a licensed medical professional. And I'm not talking about doctor Nick from freaking the Simpsons.
Speaker 2: What if it was to avert and squash the zombie apocalypse, not even to quash the zombie apocalypse.
Speaker 1: If it was a real clinical setting and the doctor was doing it. If it was like in a back alley and the guys like put this blood inside you. It's gonna stop the humanity from dying. It probably isn't. So I'm injecting blood into my blood in a back alley from some dude. It's in his beer cooler.
Speaker 2: It's you and me and Noah and Gary and Maggie, and we're in a medical a military medical facility. Okay, okay, this sounds plausus. Is real ass ship, and on the table is patient zero, monkey guy, and one of us has to get the blood. It's like the cure that they've made, and they've manufactured right there. We just have to see. Yep, we have to test it on somebody. And you have the smallest dick, so you gotta do it.
Speaker 1: Out of Maggie, who's a girl.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would also she's a dog, so if it works on her, we still have to inject it into one of us, because dang it, we don't do animal testing here in the nation.
Speaker 1: Math checks out all on all regardless. I would still say you do it because you put that kind of filth into your body every day.
Speaker 2: But how would you know if it would work. I might just metabolize it the same way all those talk about.
Speaker 1: It up five minutes later, exactly and if you and you can't die. Yeah, though it also can't kill you. So if it works, it'll probably work on us. If it doesn't work, somebody else will have to test it. If it doesn't work, you can't die, that's true. So to you, my friend, we've kind of cut off a whole bunch of different avenues of kind of theory and we've crafted an answer that I think everybody would be acceptable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're accepting your father. Do I tell you that I convinced Dice Guy Scott that I'm a ghost?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. He said that he had a dream that I was dead on Sunday in Vegas, like I was a ghost. And then I informed him that I've been a ghost since two thousand of eight thousand and eight, when I died of heat exhaustion, and just everybody believes in me so much that I stay alive. Spooky Brando, I've actually been a ghost this entire time. Oh yeah, right, very good.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we've got some Vegas stories, kind of a weekend synopsis summary. Thank you to the people that we played games with and spent the week with.
Speaker 2: We have some observations about the game of magic.
Speaker 1: The gathering definitely have observations because we.
Speaker 2: Spent some time, or we didn't go around take expensive pictures of expensive stuff, but like, we did our rounds, and I talked to lots of people, and I went to all the vendors and I looked at lots of the pricing. I heard lots of the announcements, and I paid attention to all that stuff.
Speaker 1: And I played a ton of magic games that you're in with the people. I was in with the people, and I was playing with strangers like man, and you know how it goes like just having gone to a bunch of these and we'll talk about them on the show tomorrow, but having gone to a bunch knowing people, people coming up saying I want games, playing games with people in the house. I was randomly walking past, and you know the judges, they go like one, one, one, they're looking for one guy. Yeah, I just walked up and I'll be like, I'm one guy, I'll do it. What's the game? And he goes, Magic be Gathering. I go, yeah, fuck, is it like Commander CEDH like casual? And he goes, oh yeah, it's a CDH game. Boom. I jumped in and it was like a two hour CEDH slog.
Speaker 2: Oh shit myself?
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh no, no, we'll talk about on the on the show tomorrow. Four nine seven.
Speaker 2: I had a really good Level one game, if you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, they learned, they learned, they learned, figured it out. What else? We had a chili for five days. We're going to certainly talk about that.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was such a good choke.
Speaker 1: Did you take any of the sour dough bread and just scoop with it? No?
Speaker 2: I didn't, even though more boy Willye p ninety degrees did make that himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna we're going to talk about that. Gary, you've heard of him. Producer Gary rolled in with more beer is Uber eats Gary and rolled in with some Uber beers. Gary, So we're gonna go four ninety seven your brando. You're here with Ryan and Noah and Maggie and Gary and about eighteen more beer hit our theme song, You When Ye