Speaker 1: Tuesday. Yeah, baby, this Tuesday. This is the worst day of the week. No, Monday is the worst day of the week. I wish I could take every single Monday. I disagree to my life.
Speaker 2: I disagree Wednesday is the worst day of I think Wednesday is the worst day of the week talking about people I know, but people say it's hump day. I feel like I usually hit my lowest motivation of the week at.
Speaker 1: Wednesday Monday for a broadcaster. For me, I don't like taking Mondays off because you have four hundred There's not a lot of show prep. Because I have four hundred stories that I gathered over the weekend, It's an easy day for me.
Speaker 3: Tuesday is just no, It's Monday for me. And by the way, Luck apologize for yesterday's show.
Speaker 2: Was it that bad?
Speaker 4: What a stink?
Speaker 1: I almost touched you, I was touching see it boy. I'm not even gonna listen to that show because it sucks.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Wow. See the difference is we admit when our shows suck. Other probably shouldn't. Today will be marginally better.
Speaker 3: Yes, today will be I promise you Today will be less than mediocre.
Speaker 4: H fantastic. Don't set the bar to ut no no no no no, no no no no.
Speaker 3: You know what we like to do on this show, what we like to underpromise but over deliver.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, tomorrow we'll be in fern Creek at New formerly twenty five. Again we're talking about their facials and they have hydro facials and botox and all that stuff. So it's gonna we'll talk about how the what kind of deals they have. So join us tomorrow in fern Creek. Well, what's up?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Tony Cruz is talking about Berman, Chris Berman, and for people, you know, not for so much John's age, but when we were your age, Berman had reinvented sports broadcasting and again not to the enjoyment of other journalists and or other sports shows. I hated Berman.
Speaker 4: I love him. There's andre there's a bad moon rising, you know.
Speaker 1: He yes, he he had that stick and he was good at it and he was the best.
Speaker 4: He was the greatest, and most of.
Speaker 1: It was was ad lib just rolling through these highlights. It kind of it changed our viewing habits.
Speaker 3: Well, I will tell you I've never been like a huge, all in one, NonStop sports fan, but I will tell you in the nineties, early nineties.
Speaker 4: I never missed Sports Center.
Speaker 3: And we would always gather around the television around three o'clock in the morning on Sundays for.
Speaker 4: Plays of the week on Sports Center. It think it ain't bigger than that.
Speaker 1: And and and John. I can't tell you how are In my twenties, when I was doing rock radio, before I went to work, I would watch Sports Center the same half hour Sports Center over at for two straight hours. I'd watch it four times. Nothing changed in the thirty minute broadcast, but I would watch it four times before I went to work. It was a for my generation, especially males, you watch Sports Center every single day, all day long. Of course, it's not like that anymore. Well, am not sure if anybody listens to it.
Speaker 2: I do feel like, at least for me growing up, I would say, into my mid teenage years, that was still the case, right. I don't remember what the exact turning point was. I think for me specifically, when I jumped into college. That's kind of when I quit watching it, like twenty four to seven. And I don't know if that's what the rest of my generation ended up doing at the time, But since then, I don't feel like people just have ESPN on in the background the way that they used to anymore.
Speaker 3: In the early to mid nineties. There was a huge comedic element in the delivery. Yeah, all the way through the entire show. For example, I was a huge fan of Marty McSorley, number thirty three, the hockey player. Yeah, meanes sob in a mullet. Oh my gosh. Guy was as mean as it gets. Tried to dig a guy's eye out one night.
Speaker 1: A fight.
Speaker 3: So there's a particular Marty McSorley ice hockey fight. Okay, they start on the fight, and they go and there goes Marty mcsurely, and they start the fight. Well, on this particular fight in hockey ice hockey, they're not going to break you up until they can you hit the ice, until you hit the ice, or you can cleanly get between them, right, Okay they couldn't. And the guy kept trying to hit the ice and Marty McSorley was holding him up with one hand hitting with the other.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So they said, okay, more on this fight later, and they shrunk it down to the small portion of the television and went.
Speaker 1: On and see's entertainment, and.
Speaker 3: They went on and they covered two other sports stories and they said, oh, McSorley fights still going on.
Speaker 4: Brought it up. That's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they were they were inventing that thing as they were going along, and they were so shocked that people because remember no one watched like ESPN came on the air. It was it was it was. There was no budget. I mean, they barely had anybody there, and all of a sudden they became the cool kids on the block.
Speaker 4: It was almost like the Saturday Night Live of sports.
Speaker 1: Correct and Berman was the leader. Now Tony is informing me that he even still I don't know. I didn't know. You just told me the same thing, you go, I didn't know Berman was still there.
Speaker 4: I had an idea. I had no idea, none.
Speaker 5: No. Uh.
Speaker 1: So apparently he's still at ESPN and says he wants to do another year and that makes it fifty years or something.
Speaker 2: Okay, is he still on the air or is he behind going to make him a part of their NFL coverage or Super Bowl coverage next year in some way shape or for Okay, I'll know exactly what he'll do other than that, Yeah, but who knows.
Speaker 1: Uh, he was you know, part Ron Burgundy two, you know, to where the ladies you know he was. He was the ladies, you know, lady's guy. And there's been of those famous stories of him and uh, you know, hitting on women as they come through the studio. But again, even the commercials people talked about ESPN commercials. It was really a phenomenon.
Speaker 4: Think about the pro Yeah, the promos.
Speaker 1: People talked about the promos all the.
Speaker 4: Time because they were hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yes, So Chris Berman networth fifty million, John.
Speaker 2: Man, I had to pull up earlier, So I'm not gonna say.
Speaker 4: Forty million was closed? Not bad?
Speaker 1: Right, forty millions pretty good, dude.
Speaker 4: I wish I could remember more of them.
Speaker 1: You're gonna we're gonna retire with forty grands, right? So yeah, wait what put it in perspective?
Speaker 4: What did you get forty grand?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: Yes, I wanted to talk about Berman right of the gate because I saw that I heard that that sound from Tony Kruz and he because he was so important to our I'm fifty six, Dwight is sixty eight, and you know that's that part of our generation was.
Speaker 2: Tony Cruz, the Chris Berman of Louisville. No, I say that joking with. Look, they choose Tony Cruz, they choose well to it. It was hard to replace Van Vance.
Speaker 1: It's funny because Van Vance went through the same stuff that we you know, Look, he wasn't always easy. Covering U of L and the universities in UK is the same way. Universities have their agenda and if the sports guy isn't on board, they come for you. And I thought it was just specifically me and the certain individual at u of L at the time. But I talked to Billy Reid. He goes, no, man, UK came after me in eighty three. He goes, I was talking up Denny Crumb and this new guy at u of L and he's in, he's winning, and he goes, UK came after me. Wanted wanted the gig, wanted my job. Van Vance will tell you him and Schnellenberger didn't very didn't get well. I mean there was times Van had to criticize the U of L or the UL football program. Chris Schnellerberg would be successful every four years. They came after him. Of course, my ego said, I'm the only one secret is that you're don't do Schnellenberger. I can't, don't, don't do.
Speaker 4: That was not made.
Speaker 5: That was John.
Speaker 2: That was like Sam Elliott said, that was it was.
Speaker 1: Sam Elliott And on value.
Speaker 5: Remember was shooting in for Schnellenberger. I had some macrolin you cheese. It was good for twenty five years. It was called freedom Mules? Who who wants a fifty gal room?
Speaker 1: And here's the thing, I think what happened John, if you want to ask what happened between why is those shows like no one watches Sports Center? Yeah, I mean the ratings are, like I'm pretty sure they're less than one hundred thousand across across the nation on a sports center is less than.
Speaker 3: In the nineties, they all, oh, every every single male eighteen thirty four, they had every single one of us.
Speaker 2: You know what was it? Something like the Pat McAfee show really taking off back in the late twenty tens. Was that kind of the beginning of the younger generation?
Speaker 5: Peter?
Speaker 1: People don't understand we had What's in your Pocket before twenty twelve, But between twenty eleven and twenty twelve, all of these apps started working really well on your phone, and we started checking our phone every four seconds and watching every video on YouTube. Why watch a thirty minute show when I can watch the best three minutes of it on YouTube. So this thing in your hand in twenty twelve changed everything.
Speaker 3: Oh just for sports, but I mean think about the weather. We used to have to sit and the non gender specific weather person would come on and talk fifteen minutes about a high pressure zone and this and what's going on in Vermont. All you want to do is see the sun. Is the sun frowning with crying or is this smiling with sunglasses on? That's all we want to know. Now when you just go to our phone, now the weather right here.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you I did the most millennial thing last week. Everyone was out of my house. So I was like a bachelor for a week. John, I, I'll be I'll admit to you from your generation. I door dashed twelve heels in a row. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: I'm doing.
Speaker 1: I sat my house, There's no one there, and I and I and I was I said, I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: You said it was addicting. Last week.
Speaker 1: It started to addicting because I know in five minutes I can get my Jimmy John's, my Panera, my pizza hut. I'm like, I go bing and before you know it, you're hitting the ding. I'm twelve minutes to your door dash and then they track it minutes to your DoorDash, two minutes to your DoorDash.
Speaker 4: I'm too much of a tightwad that do.
Speaker 1: That was my dopamine.
Speaker 3: Okay, So did you order like a Hamburger in any case I or anything like that?
Speaker 1: I would well, no, I want to know.
Speaker 4: I want to know after tip what the ticket is.
Speaker 1: Mostly most of the items were twelve to seventeen dollars, so for the total for the total thing. So if I get Jimmy John's, the total was like sixteen dollars.
Speaker 4: It's not too bad.
Speaker 1: No, it's not terrible. That's why I went.
Speaker 4: Because it's going to be twelve bucks regardless.
Speaker 1: And if you tip, well, the drivers can see the tip. They race to the store to get your food. So if you tip a couple dollars more than most people do, they'll race to get your food and bring it to.
Speaker 3: I went to a sub joint and got a Phillip cheese steak about a month ago. It was sixteen bucks on its own.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something, son, okay, pop. Once you get you understand and learn. Mister Middletown laying in your backyard drunk.
Speaker 4: Half naked, No, I'm all the way naked.
Speaker 1: Embarrassed yourself from whatever you've done earlier that night.
Speaker 2: I live.
Speaker 4: It's meant to go ahead, and you have your phone.
Speaker 1: Yes, you reach into that DoorDash and realize you can get taco bell in seven minutes. You're gonna do it, and then life will change for you.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you this, though, what was the food quality like as a post if you go out and get it yourself?
Speaker 1: It was fine? It was It really was. Again, if you put a couple more dollars than usual tip, they race to go get your food. So I got the Pearl. I got Pizza Hut personal pan pizza with four buffalo wings.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine if I were your door dash driver, though it would look like a pac Man, it would have like a slice taking out.
Speaker 1: They tape it, so they tape DoorDash tapes it.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, how in the world could I ever find tape and read?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: So crack that code?
Speaker 1: SO had the second millennial thing. So I did that for a week. I swear I doordashed twelve meals. And the old reason I got caught by my wife was but the last time we ordered, she put her credit card on it, and she goes, I've got three charges from door dash here. What are you doing? And I go, oh, I'm sorry. I thought my credit card number was on there. She goes, did you door dash three meals in a road?
Speaker 4: I was like, eh, twelve? Did you go with the I rowed my ankle, couldn't get off the couch.
Speaker 1: Uh no, I've just seen know as I'm a slop. So the second thing was I usually making notes in the kitchen, I'm preparing breakfast, I'm doing my thing. I go into the living room, turn the big screen on, and we turned the news on because I have to watch a couple of the news before I head in here. Well, I pulled my phone out and leaned it against the flower vaseed thing on and my thing and I pulled up Wave three or okay, why I just watched the show on my phone. I didn't go into my living room. I stayed in the kitchen and just watched it on my phone, which I've never done before, watched live TV on my phone before. And I watched the news on my phone, and I go, I'm door dashing. I'm watching the news on my phone. What the hell is wrong with me?
Speaker 2: You're getting younger, Tony, You're getting younger.
Speaker 4: You're Benjamin butt.
Speaker 1: Ho No, and he's Benjamin Bunden. Are you sure, Button? I don't think it's but Ho.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 4: Uh, next thing, you know, you're gonna be on TikTok.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: This comes from h This comes from the sneak and Deacon who ironically is responsible for a joke of the day to day. Going back to Berman, he says, Chris Berman, he still does the fastest three minutes on Monday night football at halftime.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well that's not enough because I don't watch one in football either. Nick Coffee, our new morning show host, is is chiming in. He was coach Kingpin the program. He was in all these different movies, like in cameos. You see, that's how big he was.
Speaker 4: We're talking about. He was like grown ups too.
Speaker 1: He was in he was in the hoodie in the Blowfish video, which, by the way, every person on the planet, right, there's like an Indian person washing clothes in a river in over across the world, that's seen the hoodie blow shit, oh Blue.
Speaker 3: I had his poster in my apartment in like ninety one, the berminator.
Speaker 4: The berminator because he was dressed up like the terminator.
Speaker 1: Yes, in the leather outfit or.
Speaker 4: Whatever, the glasses. He was such a badass.
Speaker 1: But Nick Coffee here chime me in. Thank you, mister morning show host.
Speaker 4: Coffee man like to drink.
Speaker 1: By the way, Tony Kruz got nine days.
Speaker 2: Left, eight whatever it is, he's nine.
Speaker 1: It's nine days after today. So I said, hey, what are we doing for your last show? He goes, don't, don't, and I go, well, we should do something. Here's what we're gonna do. I think we should do. My brain's starting to work in and he was like, please stop. I can't stay in my lane.
Speaker 3: If you uh, if you're listening, you're at office parties. Everybody the whole office bucks up. We get a present. We want to include you, the listener. So if you want to send me your credit card number and the three digit code on the back, you can be part of our going away present. Just send it to me on my private message.
Speaker 1: And the way, you're only above one hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Well, he's worth it.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do the joke of the day again. We said today's show would be better than yesterday's. That has not happened yet.
Speaker 3: That's gonna happen right now, thanks thanks to this joke by the sneaking deacon.
Speaker 4: Oh Greg gets your.
Speaker 1: Former secret service Ronald Reagan?
Speaker 4: Will will Greg pull my finger?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Here we go, hey follows? Hey, hey Greg, why should you never buy flowers from a monk? I don't know. Why should I never buy flowers from a monk? Because only you can prevent florists fre friars?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, for.
Speaker 1: All right, stop the music, yuh stop stop?
Speaker 4: Sorry, I was sorry.
Speaker 1: To back it up. I redo it again.
Speaker 4: I chili dipped it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, here we go, do it again. Here we go, hang on and action. Hey fellos, Hey why should you never buy.
Speaker 4: Flowers from a monk?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Why should I never buy flower from a moon?
Speaker 3: Because only you could prevent florest friars friars?
Speaker 4: Thank you great, Get you.
Speaker 1: He's gonna shoot you in the leg next time he sees you for screwing his joke up? All right, folks out electric six three six, Help is the phone?
Speaker 5: Number.
Speaker 1: If you need a residential electrician, that's the guy for you. They've been around for thirty years and know the owner. He started with one bag and one truck and now they are the biggest and best outfit in town for residential electricity, not the commercial because they worry about you and your mom and your family. They'll take care of you out Electric six three six Help.
Speaker 3: Shady Raised in the Oxmore Center or online as Shady Raised dot Com. Listen to this, folks, Shady rays. They're idiot proof, and I'm an idiot proof. I'm an idiot. If you lose them, you've scratched them. If you break them, if they're stolen, they replace them. If you're a U OFL fan, go on out. They have University of Little Fighting cardinal frames and glasses. They have Kentucky glasses too. They even have the Greenwolf series. Check out the Color Rush. It's in the Oxmore Center or online. It's Shady Raised dot com. Stick around news at the bottom of the hour News radio eight forty w h A s.
Speaker 4: Ab a cab.
Speaker 1: They just named it that so it would confused teacher.
Speaker 4: Well you know the story behind the studio.
Speaker 3: Do you know that no there's a girl that's been on my man Sister Studio studio. It was a placeholder. He didn't know what the girl. He had the song written and he couldn't find out. He couldn't get the girl's name right, and so he puts He put Sister Studio in.
Speaker 4: There and then wound. It was just say just leave it. Stuff, it's dead. I'm dead serious.
Speaker 1: What about do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Doo doo Heartbreaker?
Speaker 3: I have no idea on that one, but I do know that in uh, why don't You Oh fade away on the.
Speaker 1: Hook about my Generation.
Speaker 3: That was a timing issue, trying to get the timing down, and then they left it, and that that song actually was starting to get banned from radio stations because they said it was being insensitive to stuttering when it first came out.
Speaker 4: So a show is the BS that we deal with now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's always been around.
Speaker 4: It's always been around.
Speaker 1: John. I always used to stay when I did rock radio that if you stuttered in a song, it was going to be a hit.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like it was like every song had a little coo be bit, you know. It was just like a it was a thing, and I wonder if producer was like when you just spotted here where we're kind of holding the note and just do a little stutter, start to think.
Speaker 4: And then ironically mel tell us that's the only time he didn't stutter is when he when he.
Speaker 3: Sang, well, it's science. UCLA says they're close to solving baldness. This comes directly out of the UCLA. Say what broad stem cell research center there?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Researchers at UCLA appear to be getting closer to hair revolution. Scientists say they found a molecule PP four zero five.
Speaker 1: Oh no it well, yeah, me too. Yeah, study that in high school, actually grade school.
Speaker 3: It's just a tad better than PP four O four. But this new molecule PP four five is the exact. It appears to wake up sleeping hair follicles and tells them do your job. What's more, it's not just fuzz. But a week later, actual hairstrands started to come through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gosh, here's the thing, and the Lord I'll save you. Jesus Christ decided that they're gonna You're gonna lose hair where you'll want on it, and grow hair where you don't want it. When you had a certain age. That's just the deal. So you're gonna have hair growing out of your ears and your noseholes and your nose hole, but we're gonna take it where it makes you look good.
Speaker 3: Okay, Look these eyebrows, let's make them extra bushy.
Speaker 4: Already had the.
Speaker 1: Old guy bush.
Speaker 3: Never give me that. My eyebrows look like zz tops beard. They hang down below my eyes.
Speaker 1: It's like, you do know, you look like a muppet.
Speaker 2: I've had bushy eyebrows for as long as I can remember. I used to get made fun of for I've had like a little baby unibrow that's always kind of been there, and I have to shave it off every couple of days or so. It doesn't grow out.
Speaker 3: Because nobody does. Did bushy eyebrows better than Sparky Anderson, the Great Sparky Anderson Baseball.
Speaker 4: He was really good at it.
Speaker 1: Literature professors love life. They have the corduroy jacket with the patches and gigantic eyebrow.
Speaker 4: Literary professor. They're known for their eyebrows and for their longfellow.
Speaker 1: And yeah that's too, and their slow speech. Who can tell me.
Speaker 4: Anyway?
Speaker 3: Getting back to the UCLA hair growth molecule. Google Ventures is backing UCLA's team doing research. Sixteen million dollars has already been raised through this research. If phase two trials start soon, they said it's possible if FDA proves this molecule, it could be available to the public as early as twenty twenty seven. That's crazy, I will say, though, if you've got hair loss now and you don't want to put all your fate in a pipe dream, go do we grow hairindie dot com?
Speaker 2: Nicely?
Speaker 3: We grow hair indie dot com. Check out the VI page. Here's page you'll see me antoni.
Speaker 1: Yep, we got our videos up there. So most people like even if they said this new protein pill whatever, you're gonna take five and ten people have their pinky toe fall off, people would still do it because they want hair on their head.
Speaker 4: Though absolutely, there's no question.
Speaker 1: They would still do it. They go worth it.
Speaker 4: And I got to tell you it's weird.
Speaker 3: The human head's weird because when I went to We Grow Hair Indy, I said, well, why why do I have this hair not here? And they and I thought they were honestly, I thought they were lying to me. They said the hair on top of a man's head is different than the hair on the back of the side. That's why you always ball, you know. It's look as a call to a shoehorn. Yeah, and I asked my physician. They said, yeah, two different types of hair react differently to protein. Crazy, cause it's crazy, it's crazy, absolutely crazy. Well, hikers stumbled across hidden treasure from WW two that looks like it's gonna be worth around three hundred and forty thousand dollars. Happened in the Czech Republic. To Czech Republic, hikers were out and they stumbled across buried treasure that dated back to World War I to The discovery was made when they were examining a stone near the border of Poland. It was a fifteen pound cachet containing bracelets, snuff boxes, and five hundred and ninety eight gold coins from France, Belgium, Russia.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The values as to me to be around three hundred and forty thousand dollars. Museum staff members are now analyzing it to determine the historical significance and maybe find the owners of the cachet.
Speaker 4: No, don't go looking for the look.
Speaker 1: At the end of the war, everyone knew what was happening. The Russians were coming on one side and we had the other. We had defeated the Luluffwiffa, so we owned the skies and we were bombing Berlin unfettered. Un something I like unfettered.
Speaker 4: That sounded good, so quit fettering me.
Speaker 1: People started grabbing everything and burying around Berlin, around every all around Paris before it fell, people buried stuff everywhere because sadly, the Nazis grabbed Look when they took your area, they took your stuff, right, and they took a lot of stuff. The good part of that is that the Germans are very organized and they organized a lot of the art and all that stuff. They had it on paper what they took. But and here's the other sad part, the Nazi memorabilia is worth way more. If you find an actual Nazi like plate or a flag or something from the Second World War, it's worth a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, no, thank you don't want that karma on me. Family Dollar, you'll be excited to hear about this time.
Speaker 1: We go to Family Dollar all the time to do the dollar store.
Speaker 3: Then, and you recently started using Uber eats a lot too, I did then, I'm gonna give you this hat because you're.
Speaker 4: Really gonna want to hold onto this, hold on to it. Family Dollars soon to be available on Uber eats. That's right.
Speaker 3: Those who enjoy shopping at the Family Dollar aren't able or willing to make the trip are soon going to be able to use Uber eats platform to get their discounted goods. But yeah, but if you're paying Uber eats to deliver it, doesn't that negate the discount a little bit?
Speaker 1: Well, the more you use it, jockybac be up, the more you use it, the more door Dasher Uber Eats bucks you get.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not somebody who regularly uses it enough to know if that's how it works, but it sounds correct, like rewards or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so I'm pretty sure half the meals that I ordered were not. There wasn't a charge on it for DoorDash.
Speaker 2: It's a weird partnership though, the Family Dollar in Uber eat it is weird.
Speaker 4: It's weird. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Family Dollar has added Uber Eats delivery service to be part of his future marketing strategy.
Speaker 1: Even at that we had a coworker here that would go to the Dollar Store get all the party decorations that are specific to her party. She would carefully open the packages, have the party, and then put them back into the packages and statement gosh, and then take them back and get their money back.
Speaker 4: My wife did that with her wedding dress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I'm gonna leave that alone.
Speaker 4: Can you believe she wore white? What are you thinking, lady?
Speaker 3: Well, if you're a fan of the Office, it's not an Office seqret, isn't it?
Speaker 2: I loved it?
Speaker 4: Did you not like it?
Speaker 1: I loved it?
Speaker 2: I loved the Office.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you certainly couldn't do the episodes when you and I were in rock Radio when that first series came out, and there's no way you could say any of that stuff.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, shame robbery.
Speaker 3: It's not an Office sequel, but it's pretty close. Called The Paper, it's officially gotten its premiere window. The new show is going to hit Peacock in September.
Speaker 1: Because they're a paper company. Whatever is that what they're doing.
Speaker 3: It's just it's the same production style and the same company, but it's it's going to be instead of a paper company, why company, like The Office was, it's an actual newspaper. The only I think the only alumni I see in here is Oscar.
Speaker 1: What is a newspaper?
Speaker 4: A newspaper is that it's what.
Speaker 3: Okay, So let's say you have a bird, okay, like a parrot. Okay, let's name him as a matter of fact. Oh hear that. Let's call him Bird Reynolds. Okay, so you got the.
Speaker 2: Did you hear?
Speaker 4: Thank you, John?
Speaker 1: You got starting to do sound effects. Now, so you got this.
Speaker 3: Big parrot named bird Reynolds Reynolds, and he's in a cage and he does do this. That's where you put a liner, and that's called a newspaper.
Speaker 1: The liner in bird cages is called a newspaper.
Speaker 3: It's what bird's poop. Anyway, the documentary crew style film series is going to be filmed around at Toledo newspaper called The Truth Teller. Ironically, check out the very first check out the very first episode of the paper instead of the Office on Peacock this September.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean I will say this, the same people that did the Office did Parks and Recreation, and I really like that.
Speaker 2: And that came out nearly the exact same time, did it not?
Speaker 3: No, it came out, well what I think came out like halfway through or something. I think they NBC is quite brilliantly where they used to be on programming. They had like a success with Seinfeld, so they built Frasier and Friends around it.
Speaker 1: There's a sweet spot when to end those things. Yeah right, and like you go too far. The ones that could become big stars they always leave, So you try, will the show survive when the big star leaves? But then those shows created so many stars on their own.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Parks and Recreation, the guy that's a big movie star now is in on.
Speaker 4: The dress print.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he's the highest paid besides Lee.
Speaker 2: Then I feel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, yeah, but who was Who would have thought that? From Parks and Recreation?
Speaker 1: He was the goof, he was the chubby goof guy.
Speaker 4: He was the dumb guy. Yes, maybe there's hope for me, there's hope. Maybe there's hope for us.
Speaker 1: But there's a sweet spot. Here's the thing. My favorite series of all time is Ted Lasso.
Speaker 4: I've never seen one episode. I gotta see this damn fit.
Speaker 2: It's the you'll become a better person, Dwight.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you just don't know how good you feel after watching an episode.
Speaker 4: That's what I hear.
Speaker 1: You just don't realize.
Speaker 4: That's what I hear.
Speaker 3: But I I guess I'm gotta have to. I gotta drop something. I can't keep adding stuff on. It's on Apple TV, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, in their twenty seven minute episodes.
Speaker 4: How many seasons?
Speaker 2: Three seasons? Supposed to be a fourth way.
Speaker 1: Well, he's well, okay, but without him, I don't think I don't know what's happening. Well, he said, I'm whether this from the first day. He said, if this is the biggest hit or a flop, we are doing three seasons and we're not doing any more. I think he regretted saying that because it was so so it's awesome.
Speaker 3: You know how Hollywood all they do, there's nothing original. They re they rewrite, what's called rebooting old movies and all this, that and the other. You mentioned that a lot of these series stay too long. Well, a lot of these American series are ripped off from the United Kingdom. Yes, the BBC, for example, the Office Ghosts, that was only that was only two seasons and they only run him for like two seasons.
Speaker 4: Saffir and Son ripped off from England.
Speaker 1: And matter of fact, I didn't discover the ghost UK version till later. And it's well, it's a thousand times funnier. It's like, not even close. The British version is funnier.
Speaker 3: The office with Ricky Gervais is so much more uncomfortable. I mean, it's I like making people uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: It's what I do. What and even I got uncomfortable?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 6: Aqualluck my friend, Oh boy, won't you take away my red on and fix this sump pump down in Witton's house.
Speaker 1: Aqua Lock eight eight to two nine six to Ozero, Louisville, aqualock dot com basement waterproofing, crawl space reconditioning, and of course radon mitigation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's when they actually sit down with Radar and they say, look, we've got to come to terms on this.
Speaker 1: It's exactly. It's interesting one eliminated removal of mold, all that kind of stuff. Plus what did Dwight sing? Sub pumps? Right? Aqua Lock You know the name because they're the best. Jay is the best. It's family owned and operated.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Look when you walk in their office, Daughter's desk to the left, Mom is in the center, and Dad is to the right. It is a it's a family run outfit. You know you'll get it done right with Aqua Locke. And then sometimes the daughter will say, Pa, I got a question, Hey Pa, Hey, Pa, I got a question.
Speaker 3: Try Statement's Health. Guys, how are you feeling in the middle of the afternoon you.
Speaker 4: Start to get a crash?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: What about the weekends? On the weekends, I used to lay around the house. I got nothing done. It wasn't fair to me. It wasn't fair to my wife. Turns out my testosterone was low and my energy was low. Got my testosterone tested, and then I started with Try Statement's Health. I go to Try Statement's Health. You should too. Take that low TI quiz. It take you about a minute and a half. It's all yes or no questions at try Statementshealth dot com. Then make your appointment. Your appointment is ninety nine dollars, but man, is it worth it.
Speaker 4: They're gonna lab work on it.
Speaker 3: You get your blood results back within thirty minutes or less, and then you sit down with a licensed medical professional.
Speaker 4: Looks go where all of your numbers.
Speaker 3: Your PSA, your testosterone, the works, and then you make an educated decision. It's testosterone right, for you, It was for me, and I promise you I'm never going back to the way that I used to feel. Check them out today, go to try statements health dot com. Stick around more on Away, including news on news radio eight forty w h AS