Speaker 1: Let's say good morning now to the founder of National bucket List Day. It's Cindy Lee.
Speaker 2: Morning, Cindy, Helloha, how are you.
Speaker 1: We're great. So I think we all know what a bucket list is. But how did national I mean, like, what took it to the level where we said we need to make a National bucket List Day?
Speaker 2: Well, actually it started at age sixteen. It was Princess Diana's wedding and I sent her a card and that's where my whole love for gratitude began because this national holiday, it all resonates from gratitude. And I started doing a lot of stuff that she was doing, giving back, doing orphanage work, stuff like that. In twenty twenty, I became an ambassador with National Day Calendar where I share a national holidays, and just about three years ago I became the founder of National bucket List Day. And it's important to live your death. So we have the day we're born and the day we pass away. Yet to live that in between times.
Speaker 1: I love that you have to. It's the dash in between. I've seen that like on people's headstones before, and it's so true. The day you're born is one thing. The day you leave is another, but it's what you do in between. And so for National bucket List Day, like, what are you encouraging people to do? Does it have to be huge pie big things like going to space.
Speaker 2: No, and it's not just travel. So here's some examples. So you want to give back to your community, learn to skill, like, for instance, if you want to start a new business or start a podcast, be a guest on a radio show, start creating lists with your friends. That's actually going to help you keep accountable. And of course follow National Dey calendar. There's over sixteen hundred national days throughout the year, and today it's also National Pigs in a Blanket Day. Also promote a local restaurant. We have a lot of local restaurants. I'm based here in Huntington Beach. I want to do a shout out to Masala Waves, which is the Paul restaurant. There's also a karaoke place called Yama's. Okay, and then if you like pastrami, then we got a whole bunch of stuff in La as well. So so many different things to do for today.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Cindy, let's talk more about bucket lists though, because you know, like you said, it could be something like a small goal, but how do you encourage people then to get to some of the bigger ones, Because like I'm going, I get to go to Paris. I've never been to Paris. I don't know that it was a bucket list thing, but it definitely is like to travel internationally. Again, I want to do that more as before I, you know, before I leave the planet, because it's an amazing planet. So how do you start like thinking of those things that you want to do and then making them turning in into reality.
Speaker 2: It all starts with having that accountability and just finding people who have the same likes and interest in just keeping each other accountable and hey, we should mark off the Northern Lights, or we should go to Paris, and it's just a great way to get everybody together and create life experiences together.
Speaker 1: What are some of the wackiest ones you've you've heard? Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow, well, I want to say that the most scariest fear bucket list would be jumping down of airplane or skydiving. And once you do those two fear bucket lists, you pretty much can do anything for three weeks after doing that, especially people who are afraid of heights. It's just super crucial to overcome that fear. It's going to help you overcome a lot of different things in your personal life as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so there's a fear bucket list. I think I'm going to stick to the fun bucket list. National Bucket Day found bucket List Day founder Cindy Lee. Thanks so much for your time. Go and live your dreams. It's a good thing to do, right, Thank you. All right, take care