Speaker 1: The sun is shining night, a cloud in the sky.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't know because we're so happy inside.
Speaker 1: Some people a boat boot on some skis, but we.
Speaker 2: Would rather sit on down and talk some movies. We're the Avid Indoorsmen. Come listen to our show. We're the evid Indoorsmen at home are on the go. We're the Avid indoors Man. We hope you love it ols, so come on in and stay.
Speaker 3: We'll do our best to make you smile.
Speaker 2: The indors Man.
Speaker 3: What is happening? I'm Rob Lundquist and I'm b and we are the Avid indoors Men. Hello everyone, Hello, how are you buddy?
Speaker 1: You know I'm doing great, pal uh busy, busy over here. I feel like we've been hitting her hard.
Speaker 3: We've been hit it hard. Before I leave for a couple of weeks. I know it just happens to be right before you turn the big four zero.
Speaker 1: I'm be forty years old.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the club. You're already forty when this comes out?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm forty.
Speaker 3: I was so forty.
Speaker 1: This so full of hope, and I'm not really having like big emotions about it yet. I don't know, did you did you feel weird about forty. I can't.
Speaker 3: I didn't feel weird. No, I didn't feel weird about forty. And we've had this conversation. I felt very weird about thirty. That was way more like I haven't done anything. What am I doing with my life?
Speaker 1: Yes, Unfortunately, I feel like I'm athospot you were when you were thirty. I'm just forty now. So that's a little upsetting.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's worse, so I don't.
Speaker 3: I wasn't upset. I'm getting upset.
Speaker 1: I gotta go.
Speaker 3: Really sick.
Speaker 1: No, that's what I remembered about when you turn forty. That's just been so long. No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: Hey, dude, I can't even believe it was two years ago. Like that picture comes up because Kelsey had all you guys and surprise the hell out of it. Was the coolest night. But dude, I have that picture that comes up on my We have this Aura photograph that's like those best things.
Speaker 1: Such a great idea. Yeah, just huge fan.
Speaker 3: Aura, if you need any publicity from me, which wouldn't give you much Aura, I love it, Yeah, I love it so much. But I see that picture and I'm just like I can't believe those two years ago. It blows my mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is pretty wild.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's nuts.
Speaker 1: It just goes so quick, it does. Yeah, I didn't wait for someone to throw a surprise. We're having a little shindig at Brando's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be so fun. I love what he's doing there. He's making it open house style.
Speaker 1: I was like, are you throwing me a graduation party?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: But it's just like kind of and I was like, actually, I'm okay with it. Let's we all love that sounds kind of fun. I was like, because we're talking. I was like, well, we gotta have it's got to be during the day. People have kids. I was like, and we just need to. Ah, let's just make a chill. We'll do I think we're doing tacos in a bag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you are delicious, delicious dude. The kids are gonna freak and it's them.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be great. Yeah, it's gonna be fun to see everybody. But yeah, no big epiphanies or a large feelings. So far. We'll see. Maybe maybe I will have lost it by the time we're back. Do the people know where you're going? Is that a secret tour.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm going to China for two weeks.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 3: It kind of came together a little less second for us, But yeah, we are. We're going to be hitting it overseas and excited about it. I'm gonna hit Beijing, Shanghai and some other cities that I'm looking forward to learning about. I feel very underprepared just what I need to bring and things of that nature. Then to probably google while we're doing this what I need to bring.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's not like you leave tonight or anything, right.
Speaker 3: No, but a few days long. Actually, I did just get one of those things so I can plug my phone in those outlet things.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I have one of the adapters i'm looking for. You think you are in need, I just bought one.
Speaker 3: I'm not in need. I'll be good.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think. I don't think I brought anything crazy to China when I went. It's mostly just that once you have that, you're pretty much good.
Speaker 3: I wasn't worried about anything the last time, and well, yeah, that's with the state of the world. I just I don't know. I'm hoping for the best.
Speaker 1: I don't think he'll need a lot of warm clothing. I think it's going to be probably pretty spicy.
Speaker 3: There were I think we're doing the exact same Beijing Chorl Festival that I did back in two thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, said, yeah, that's so fun, dude.
Speaker 3: And it was the hottest experience. It was so warm.
Speaker 1: I remember, that's what ever, because it was our college group that went. Yes, and I don't remember what you got, like you got called in off the bench, right, like as a basically out of school at that point.
Speaker 3: Out of school, I was already doing stuff with home free Tim. Tim came with me to one of the rehearsals. Well, we all we both did we remember we all three went up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right, Yeah, because we had with Zimzak. Was that that one of the Zimza dinnernet. Yeah that's fun, And that seems like a long time.
Speaker 3: It was, yeah, almost twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy. But yeah, I just remember you were like, I guess I'm going I don't know, it's like, yeah, sweet, I was in I was like, free trip to China.
Speaker 3: Why not? Yeah, But dude, it was so hot over there, And it's the exact same time that We're going over there and it'll be very warm, so so fun.
Speaker 1: So was that before we went to Ireland?
Speaker 3: It was it was it was like not even a year before, not even Wow. I know I got to go on two international trips with that choir after I left.
Speaker 1: Amazing, I got one. So I'm I'm pleased a bunch Yep.
Speaker 3: I was pleased too. I could have used you in that first one. Yeah, I was with all these young people and I felt very old. We did.
Speaker 1: I remember feeling old even on the second one, so I don't blame you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fun.
Speaker 1: Well, what a nice little trip down memory lane. There'll be plenty more of that at my old man birthday party.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: And we talked about weather in China, so we're really we're doing it for this intro. Have you been watching any movies? Right?
Speaker 3: Dang it? Yes it was me.
Speaker 1: I did it, not you.
Speaker 3: You did it this time. Yeah, I'm guilty of that all the time. I did watch a movie recently. I saw the movie The Amateur. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I was going to talk about that for my stream weird, weird it's not streaming, But I didn't have a different.
Speaker 3: I mean it's available to rent slash Okay, I think, yeah, I wanted to see it in the theater and yeah, but I remember seeing the preview for this and thinking it was such a great concept for a plot. A cia smart guy who works at a desk wants to go after the people who killed his wife. Yeah, and so he like trains and you see all this in the preview. But yeah, man, it turned out to be even more complex. Uh. And it was a bunch of fun. I bet that it was a great book. Yes, I thought that was a novel by Robert Littel or Little. I'm not sure how you say his name, And I've never heard of that guy. He's done some things. This came out in the eighties, I guess. But yeah, I just thought it was really entertaining. Had a really big cast with Ronnie mallick and Lawrence Fishburne and John Burnhal and Rachel Brosnahan and Holt macallanny or mccallanie. I don't know how you say his last name. I don't know, but yeah, so many people. I was pleased. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: It was fun, for sure. My only complaint was, like the really cool stuff was all in the trailer, there wasn't a ton of extra cool stuff.
Speaker 3: I mean, there was a lot.
Speaker 1: Of intrigue and great acting and whatever, but the set pieces were all in there, I felt like, which was a little bit of a bummer, but yeah, overall, I enjoyed it too. I liked it and maybe a tiny bit more was like, I don't know, but I enjoyed it. Watching it, I was just like, I wouldn't, you know, would I tell anyone to watch this necessarily like give my big like, yeah, go do it.
Speaker 3: No, No, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: If you like those kind of movies, you're gonna have a great time. Which is kind of my my final verdict on it.
Speaker 3: I think I do feel like they way underutilized John Bernhal and Rachel Brosnahan, yes, and Laurence Fisherman for that matter. It's very romy Mollik focused, and if I'm one hundred percent honest, he's not my favorite actor in the world.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. I know a few people of that feel that way, and I guess he doesn't like Blow Me Away. But I've always just been like, hey, it's really good. I think I don't know, but yeah, I get it.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is. I feel like I really see him acting, especially in this movie, to get that. Yeah, that part of sure. But I loved him and mister Robot, and I've loved him in things. But yeah, every once in a while, I'm like, I don't know, he.
Speaker 1: Doesn't seem to always pick the same ish kind of things.
Speaker 3: Well, dude, he's so different, Like he's got a very different look.
Speaker 1: That's true. That's a good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, but yeah, I kind of regardless, I enjoyed. I enjoyed that movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fun. It was fun, some political intrigue in things. I'm with you, So yeah, I felt very similarly cool.
Speaker 3: Last movie you watched, last movie I watched was a Jurassic Park Rebirds. I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 1: Pretty fun, rob pretty fun. Definitely more fun than the last three or whatever they were like trilogy. Yeah, I didn't really care for those in a huge way. Mostly I think just because I didn't feel like that was Bryce, d Alice Howard right and Chris Brow. I don't feel like I had a ton of chemistry. Maybe is why I didn't care for him.
Speaker 3: But and the plot was not great.
Speaker 1: Well, that's true. They didn't hire writers. That hurt them. Yeah, that hurt them.
Speaker 3: This one they trained the velociraptors.
Speaker 1: You don't worry about it. It's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. This one is.
Speaker 1: Better for sure.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: They did lose me a little bit in like the third act, like a bunch of those kind of monstery movies, do you know, for me for whatever reason, But I thought that the chemistry between the cast was way better in this one. They really they went all out again. They got Scarlett Johansson, Marshall Ali, they got that Jonathan Bailey guy who's like the rage right now.
Speaker 3: Was he the guy in Wicked?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I forget what his name, Fierro or something five. He wasn't Wicked anyway, and then just a bunch of other people I like kind of knew from other stuff. I enjoyed it. I thought it was a good time. It's definitely worth seeing in the theater, for sure.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 1: Probably it's it's no original Jurassic Park, you know, obviously, like nothing ever will be.
Speaker 3: But it was.
Speaker 1: It was fun and I really did like it more than the last ones. So for that, I was like, I was like, great, cool at least there's that.
Speaker 3: I guess there is that a very low bar. It is kind of a little bar.
Speaker 1: But it was fun. I don't know, it felt very The one great part about these like summertime blockbusters is it it's always just like kind of nostalgic, a little bit of just like, sure, hey it's summer, we're seeing like a big dumb movie that's fun, you know, like okay, cool and at least terrible afterwards. But yes, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't want to see it.
Speaker 1: It's we're seeing for sure, for sure?
Speaker 3: Nice? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What even streaming?
Speaker 3: Streaming? So Netflix has produced a bunch of short documentaries called train Wreck, and I had previously only seen the train Wreck Woodstock ninety nine, but now I can say I've seen two with the most recent train wreck Poop Cruise. Poop Cruise, Oh boy, this is of course all about the cruise that happened. It was the Carnival Triumph back in twenty thirteen, and all the power went went out and they were just like stuck at sea with no power, which meant none of the toilets worked, which meant they were having to like defecate in bags, and a lot of people were like, I'm not doing that. So it got real gross, real fast.
Speaker 1: I bet, yeah, especially in a cruse. They've been eating poorly for fishing and a lot so much.
Speaker 3: But yeah, dude, and this came out or I mean, this happened back when I was cruising pretty regularly. I remember. I remember it's a month, you know, and I mean this is back when you were rising too, So yeah, I thought, yeah, dude, So I thought it would be a fun watch and it was. It's kind of like cheesy editing, sure.
Speaker 1: But it's still entertaining, like a bunch of because people had like camera phones and stuff way more properly.
Speaker 3: There was there was they did. Yeah, and they you know, they really focused on like six different people and families that were doing confessionals and just some of those felt a little scripted a little bit, you know, kind of cheesy. That was the cheesiest parts.
Speaker 1: Probably you think that people did them at the time and they were like, we're going to get famous because of this or was it?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Yeah, I don't know. One guy was interesting. He was on this cruise with his girlfriend who he was trying to make his fiance on that crew, oh boy, and he was like trying to trying to win over his you know, his his father in law and like, golly wow. So yeah, he's like trying to find out where the toilets are still working, so is his new father in law can go poop in peace? But yeah, that was probably the most pretty great entertaining part.
Speaker 1: That's it's a good wedding toast. I guess right, all worked out, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're much they're much stronger now than they were before. But yeah, it's pretty quick, man. I don't even think it's an hour and a half, these these old ducs. So if that sounds interesting, it's on Netflix. I like it, and you streamed the amateur.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I guess we'll move ahead and do some plugarus. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Love it nice?
Speaker 1: You guys can visitin US as always on the Twitter machine where we're at Avid Endorsman with a Z. I can also go to Facebook dot com slash the avit Indorsman. We are available on Instagram, TikTok, Blue Skuy, threads. We're all over the place, so come check it out, check it out up. But if you really want to be part of the crews spout to.
Speaker 3: Go Hey, Patreon dot com slash the Avid endorsment. It's a great time on Patreon. We love our patrons. We give them lots of perks, and one of those is getting a shout out here. Hello Marsha Griziak, Hello, Mary Fox, Hello, Nnette Walkley, Hello, Yo Ambrose, Dad, Hello Debulk, Hello Noel Flores. You guys are great. Thank you so much for being our patrons the best and we just couldn't do it without them. Another perk we like to give them is an extended version of every single episode that we put out. We'll do a top five draft that pertains to the movie we're talking about, and for this one, we're doing our top five favorite Gene Hackman films. Nice, the Hackman himself.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, there's a few good ones in there. I don't know if you knew that about him. I'm not sure if you were aware.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that. That's cool, summer, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: It will be super deuper fun. Yeah, and I guess I don't have a coming attraction, so let's just get into it. We're here today to talk about a film that Gene Hackman is obviously in and featured in heavily. It is twenty five years old.
Speaker 3: Correct the replacements ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're getting close to football time, so this makes sense. It does such about the time this comes out, it's probably preseason already.
Speaker 3: Dude. Hell yeah, it will be amazing.
Speaker 1: I love football.
Speaker 3: I'm ready me too, which reminds me I need to schedule our fantasy football draft.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I'm going to be gone for Labor Day weekend. I'm sorry in advance.
Speaker 3: I think we're gonna have to do it earlier. But anyway, we'll talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, sorry, sorry, Yeah, hu's the weather where you're at, Ralph. Sorry, we are here to talk replacements. It's gonna be super fun. It's just Rob and I. We're gonna hang out tonight, just a little intimate episode between us two and you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're bringing it back.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, but Rob, will you get a started with the rough synopsis, It's.
Speaker 3: Late in the season, the playoffs are fast approaching, and the Washington Sentinels have just gone on strike. Scrambling for a solution, the Sentinels owner Edward O'Neill hatches a plan to bring in legendary coach Jimmy Beginty to recruit a team of replacement players in exactly one week. For fans and owners alike, the strike is a disaster, But for Shane Falco and a mismatch crew of outsiders, it is the second chance they've waited their whole lives for.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 3: Gravitas.
Speaker 1: Well done, friend, well done. Let's go to Rotten to models and hear what they have to say. Creatics didn't feel the gravitas as much.
Speaker 3: They are not a rush solid forty one is dum dum. Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's much lower than I thought it was going to be, and definitely lower that serves. Audience members had it up quite a bit, but still fairly low at sixty.
Speaker 3: Low pretty low.
Speaker 1: That's still pretty low.
Speaker 3: Low.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a pretty silly fun time. What do you think should we go into what we think is the time for our hot take?
Speaker 3: Hot take?
Speaker 1: That's a hot take.
Speaker 3: That's a hot.
Speaker 1: What's hot in this?
Speaker 3: Oh hot hot?
Speaker 1: That guy's got a lot of he's got a lot of heat on him because of his gambling debt. There's that hot take. Hot Listen, what do you want? What do you want from me?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can go first. I loved this movie when it first came out and continue to really enjoy it a lot. Uh football movies at a time when I was playing football were just the best.
Speaker 3: Like I literally had that word for yeah, the best, and it came out right when we were still in high school football. I was for sure.
Speaker 1: Absolutely same, yeah you too, absolutely because we used to do like, you know, the team dinners and then we to watch something it was like this and remember the Titans and like the big ones you know, around that time. But I just loved that. So I was gonna love this movie no matter what. It is a silly, silly movie, but it's just super fun. It's like a fish out of water story like we've seen a million times. It's a little bit of retribution, you know, all these things. It's just really fun. Can I tell you though? On the rewatch the part that I loved the most, Yes, Pat summer All and John Madden announcing during it like a warm hug so much. I kind of forgot how much they were featured in it, probably because at the time, like they were still you know, so omnipresent or whatever that it didn't feel special maybe or something at the time, but now looking back because I think they're both gone, right. I got to assume Madden is for sure.
Speaker 3: I think Madness for sure.
Speaker 1: But either way, he hasn't announced for a super long time if he's not. And it was just great to hear them and they really they were really being goofy with it, which was fun. I just really enjoyed that part. A ton.
Speaker 3: Agreed passed away.
Speaker 1: Okay, I thought he did, but yeah, but yeah, you know, the dumb parts of my take are like, I'm pro union, so I wouldn't. I don't love that there's all scabs, but what are you gonna do? Yeah, I don't know, and obviously it doesn't matter. And I learned that it's a similar to some real life things that it happened in the past that will happen tripulator.
Speaker 3: Which I did not know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, overall, I just think this is a silly, good time, fun movie. It is kind of the favorite. It's kind of my favorite part about football, at least being in it in high school and stuff, is you just get a bunch of very different people together and you're working towards like one goal. And you know, the part the reason I think I love football was like, oh, all of a sudden I was a big fat guy and that was like useful and that was awesome, you know what I mean? Like it was it was just super fun and and it was very cooperative. Obviously needed a bunch of people all working towards the same goal. And so yeah, I think it makes for a fun movie. And this one was super funny, super cheesy and just a great time. I still really liked it. I love the rewatch And I don't even think I have a hot take, really hot take be pro union.
Speaker 3: I don't know hot hot that is hot, bro.
Speaker 1: I don't know, do you have a hotter take than that?
Speaker 3: I have a hot take?
Speaker 1: Oh hit me.
Speaker 3: I can't say it's hotter than that. So yeah, I'm also a sucker for a football movie. This was a real fun one. It was directed by Howard Deutsch, who is Zoe Deutsch's dad. Oh no kidding. Yeah. This is the second film of his we've covered, the first being The Great Outdoors.
Speaker 1: Wow. I love this guy.
Speaker 3: I know he did a couple of the John Hughes films when John Hughes was like writing so much that he couldn't do, but he was.
Speaker 1: Like, well I'm doing this one and this one's in pre production.
Speaker 3: And exactly so he did like three of those back in the day, but now he's pretty much doing TV cool. It's written by Vince McEwan, who has twenty seven acting credits from the eighties. He's written some films, but this is his biggest success by far. And I'm gonna, yeah, I'm gonna steal the steal the trivia. I didn't realize it's loosely based on real events either. A Super Bowl winning Washington team had a strike in eighty seven. They had replacement players for three games, and they ended up making the playoffs and winning the whole thing. And that makes this movie so much more fun for me. After I learned that, I was like, I had no idea that that happened. And I have loved football my whole life that there was just a little before I really started paying attention to it. But yeah, I just had no idea.
Speaker 1: That's so because also, like the premise of this movie seems ridiculous, and then it's like, oh, that actually that's the least ridiculous part of it, I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the fact that this has really happened blew my mind.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, oh wow, Okay, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which even boosts it higher in my opinion. Yeah, I thought it was really a really fun cast led by the late great Gene Hackman. I thought the football shots were pretty great. So many helicopters and flips. There were lots of hits.
Speaker 1: They were getting hard. I definitely was like, some of these, some of these, like crackback blocks are not legal.
Speaker 3: Anymore, No, they're not. There would have been lots of penalties going on. Yeah, it's not my favorite movie. It's not my favorite football movie, but it is entertaining and it hits a lot harder now that Gene Hackman has gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did. I was like, oh yeah, especially because that story was such a just such a bummer overall. His wife died yucky, you know. Yeah, sorry, but.
Speaker 3: My hot take. Yes, they showed the exotic dancing cheerleaders just as much as the actual football place.
Speaker 1: They were in it so much.
Speaker 3: Like, so much more than I remember, And I'm just like, why are we still going over to that? What is happening?
Speaker 1: So why don't we remember that?
Speaker 3: We were like the little.
Speaker 1: I mean, I definitely remember the main actress, and.
Speaker 3: I remember the whole bit that they got the exotic dancers to help out, and that they had, you know, they distracted the other team. But after every play, we're going over there to see more.
Speaker 1: Scenes from them. I did out the whole movie, Like we said, Yeah, that's a super good hot take.
Speaker 3: I like that it was gratuitous at the very least. It's just too pretty while but yeah, that's the only real hot take.
Speaker 1: Nice hot take, hot hot hot. Well, let's go name our favorite acting performance. Shall we name the dude the dude? I'm the dude, so that's what you call me, you know that, or his dudeus or duder or you know, el dudo reno. If you're not into the whole brevity thing, you want to go first, I do, okay, because I love Gene Hackman.
Speaker 3: I miss him so much. I wanted to go and like watch a bunch of Gene Hackman movies. I never really did. And this is honestly the first one that I've seen since he's past.
Speaker 1: I think me too. That seems like a winteractivity.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I told you I was kind of looking for the conversation and I just haven't been able to find it. Yeah, because I really I never saw that movie either, and it's like way up there on you know, favorites of his at the very least. But yeah, he just he's just perfect in this role. Especially, you know, I was such a huge fan of Hoosiers back in the day. I've seen him as a coach. He was rocking the like hat, like the Tom Landry kind of football coach hat. He just fit it perfectly, and all those speeches and just like, yeah, he just like commanded the screen every time he was on it. And yeah, one of my favorite actors of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell, yeah, dude, he's so great and he's so he just can throw things away but still have a mean something and he can you know, he obviously cares about football such a great deal, but also it's not the most important thing in life for him, you know, in some ways, which is so great. Yeah. I love that. That's great. He's who I picked as well. I kind of was like, oh, maybe it'll be Keanu, and I was like, oh, Kenna's good. I like him in this, But yeah, he's not Gene Hackman.
Speaker 3: I mean, where we even he's not talking about He's not He's really not. Yeah, Yeah, but I do love Keanu. It really reminded me of you know, I'm a huge fan and I know you're a huge fan of necessary roughness big time the Scott Bacula uh kind of.
Speaker 1: Very similar. Yeah, they really are and both great, so right, Yeah, no complaints there either way from me. But yeah, for sure there was even one point where, oh it wasn't that one. It was Little Giants. They do the stickham gag as well, and giant hands and there was a moment where I was like, do his hands get stuck to his jersey? And I was like, wait, I think that's the other football movie.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, his are just stuck to his hands.
Speaker 1: But in Little Giants, remember, He's like, yeah, it's the little nerdy kid. I think if I remember with the glasses, have we done Little Giants?
Speaker 3: We haven't, right, we haven't. I've only seen it one time. That was not at all. Were you like a little bit too old?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 3: No, one, I just didn't love it.
Speaker 1: When I saw it, I loved it.
Speaker 3: I remember I had a really annoying experience watching it with a friend during it Sure, and I never saw it again.
Speaker 1: That's so funny, isn't that funny?
Speaker 3: Just like what movies you know.
Speaker 1: For nothing to do with the movie that you're just like, I'm never going to think about that again or whatever. Right, that's funny. God, I loved that movie. That little nerdy Kid cracked me up so hard. Yeah, kids, it's so good. Someday maybe we'll get you to watch it again someday.
Speaker 3: At the very least, we have to do unnecessary roughness. I can't believe we've gone this many episodes.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. That is actually crazy. I'd rather do that one first, for sure.
Speaker 3: The fact that we're doing the replacements before this is insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why did that happen?
Speaker 3: Miss have never done it? You know, whenever you google like anniversaries, they only show like the real high grossing, you know, and that's some of them. That's a pretty that's a pretty niche movie. You know, we should just do it next year.
Speaker 1: Who cares?
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Actor Alisondo, dude, amazing.
Speaker 3: And Robert Loche is so good. Jason Bateman Sinbat's huge, the in bet anyway, talk about different sorry, different movie, we're staying on topic. You picked Gene Hackman as well. Let's go and talk about the supporting actors. That a lot to choose from. Let's choose that.
Speaker 1: I started off. Bro, there's way too many. Honestly, I'm just gonna say Fabrea is a psycho in this and I really loved him in it, and continue to he's like, it got that really funny, like you know, side story or backstory, I guess is the right way to say it. But you know, law enforcement and going to war and all that, and he's just a crazy man. And yeah, I just I really love his performance in this. I think it's very very silly. Yeah, and very dumb for a guy who's very smart anyway, right, but he can do that, dude.
Speaker 3: He really can't ye pretty often PCU.
Speaker 1: He's super stupid as well.
Speaker 3: That Oh, I'm blanking on it now. Which one was that I Love you man where he's such a jerk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the brother in law. Yeah, well best friend's husband, I guess or whatever.
Speaker 3: Whatever is that one? And that movie A couple of those kind of movies. Yeah, you're right, You're right, he does.
Speaker 1: He does have that in him for sure. But I thought he was just really really fun in this, So I'll.
Speaker 3: Take him absolutely.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk a lot, though, so go ahead.
Speaker 3: It's funny. I thought you were going to go with who I picked because you had it in your hot take. But I picked John Madden and Pot Pats. That's true.
Speaker 1: I guess I felt like I already talked about them. Yes, I should have picked them.
Speaker 3: Because I had the same feeling, which just made me. I was like, Oh, when you're in it so much and you're saying so much, so many funny things, and just John Madden just talking. I love John Madden's voice. I think I just heard that they're doing a biopic with John about John Man was playing. Uh is it Shane gillis No?
Speaker 4: I think it's like, uh, oh God, I want to say, is it like Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 3: Oh, that'd be amazing. I think that's regardless. John Madden and Pat Summer all made this movie so much more enjoyable for me.
Speaker 4: It is Nicholas, Nicholas Cage and Christian Bale is al Davis.
Speaker 1: That might be an amazing movie.
Speaker 3: It might It might be.
Speaker 1: It also might be so horrible.
Speaker 3: It could be what is it?
Speaker 1: You see what it's? Sorry I'm sidetracking us again, but I want to know what it's is supposed to be. It doesn't tell me, forget it.
Speaker 3: But that's amazing for like a real acting performance. I think my next favorite is Reese Iphens as Nigel Gruff.
Speaker 1: I loved him, Yeah, I love him.
Speaker 3: I've always loved him ever since notting Hill, and he was so great in this. Dude. He the fact that he was able to get like real tears before he has to do the kick and it is like, hey, I'm in for a bunch of money, you know, I gotta do this. They're going to take my pub away just like whoa. This is way more than we do that right above and beyond, bro, which is great and it Yeah, it definitely elevated the performance in the movie.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I love that guy. That guy has had a wonderful career. Look, he's really done a ton of stuff. That's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, huge movies, you know, the Amazing Spider Man, and I think he was in was he in the Pirates movies? Maybe he wasn't in the Pirates movies. He was in that Kingsman movie, like the.
Speaker 1: Rescue I think right that was the last one, right, the one that was like the prologue or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, he's done a bunch of stuff. Loved him in this, that's a great. What was one of your runner ups.
Speaker 1: Ah, always fun to see Art Lafleur. I just love that guy.
Speaker 3: He's one of the coaches, both of those coaches, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well the other one, you know, the other one is from Ernest P.
Speaker 3: Worrels of course. Well, dude, he's a very accomplished actor as well. But yes, he was definitely know him from the earnest movies for sure.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to say his first name, guylerd Yeah, Gaylard, Gaylord Sartine, I don't know. Yeah, it's a great name. But he's really fun. Yeah. I love both of them in this time. I thought they were really they were good, just a good time.
Speaker 3: Dude. Orlando Jones is who I think.
Speaker 1: Of ye good call. He's so funny in this movie and just in this movie, so funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was fantastic. Uh and fais on Love. I also think about him in this movie.
Speaker 1: The Guards.
Speaker 3: They were great. The Guards were great. And then you have Brooke Langton, real easy on the eyes, and I'm really surprised she didn't become more of a deal after.
Speaker 1: She was really good in this Like I didn't have a ton to do, but she was fine. They had really good chemistry.
Speaker 3: She had some fun scenes like her like driving through so fast and like talking the whole time and knew a lot about football.
Speaker 1: Was Was she on Melrose Place or something? I feel like I remember seeing that when I looked. Yeah, I never actually watched that shot. Were you a Melrose Place guy?
Speaker 3: Back in the day, we were more of a Beverly Hills nine O two and o household, but we saw some especially when did Tiffany Embertheeson go over to Melrose Place too? Sounds this year she did Beverly Hills. Maybe I'm mixing that up.
Speaker 1: I missed both of those for whatever reason, Like I guess my crew just wasn't into it or something. Maybe we didn't have table.
Speaker 3: The only reason I watched it was because of my sister for sure, and so that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I would have loved it, I'm sure had I seen. Yeah, like, that's very much up my alley.
Speaker 3: Buddy abe knows a lot about Beverly, which I love so much. Yeah, yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: That's great. Yeah, I thought she was great. Uh, and she's gorgeous obviously beautiful in this movie. Keith David always nice to see him hanging around.
Speaker 3: Uh, he forgot i'dn't even write him down. And I love.
Speaker 1: Keith wonderful as there like the player Rep Guy I guess yea and David Denman his movie debut, Roy from the Office. I thought that was pretty wild. That was yeah, I remember that either.
Speaker 3: No, it was even when I saw The Office. I wasn't like, oh, yeah, you were Brian from Yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Looks way tinier in this somehow, even though it's a football movie, which is weird. Yeah, I think those are all the ones I wrote down. I love everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you wrote down more than more than I did. Well, then why don't we keep moving? Let's let's pick our favorite scene, and let's choose the dinguss.
Speaker 1: So is quite simple, really, Dingus Dingus. I can talk about my dingas all night long.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna cheat on this one. And I'm just gonna say, because I was feeling real sappy about Gene, I'm just gonna say any speech given by Gene.
Speaker 1: I'm into that. I'm super felt it.
Speaker 3: Too, dude. It gave me goosebumps like five times, just him just speaking.
Speaker 1: When he's doing the like going into halftime speech, He's like, fright, it's gonna take art of just like yeah, Gene, Yeah, no, I'm with you one hundred percent. He's so good at that. I don't know, it's yeah, I don't know nothing about the way he does that. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: He feels like a real leader of men. He really just does it. Really does confident guy, really really does.
Speaker 1: I think that's a great pick. Yeah, man, this is the heart these movie. These comedy movies are hard for me on these sometimes to pick a scene.
Speaker 3: A lot of times I just go to what do I think of when I think of this.
Speaker 1: Movie, And for me, that is the bar fight scene into the jail cell with the dancing and singing.
Speaker 3: Like that is That's the first thing I think of with this too.
Speaker 1: And so I think that's what I would have to pick.
Speaker 3: I think I will survive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really fun too. Like the fight scene beforehand, they have each other's back, you know, like they obviously have issues with each other, but they really galvanize as a team, and then it happens even more as they start singing, and you know, you just see their individual personalities. I think that stuff is super fun. I get that it's also wicked, corny, you know, and all the things. But if I'm watching a sports movie. That's what I'm there for, right, Like, I'm there to feel happy and get pumped up and see some corny stuff. I don't know, So I.
Speaker 3: Love that, dude, they had the bar fight that got the team closer in Unnecessary.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, they're the same movie. I'm telling you, that's amazing. Yeah, there is definitely times where I was like, yeah, are different, right? Is that a thing I'm not going to touch you? Is that in this one or the other one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: One hundred percent.
Speaker 3: I would pick that.
Speaker 1: I love all the Gene Hackman ones though I agree with that, and I also just love and we love because we talk about it almost every movie this happens. But like getting the gang together like kind of montage scene is always fun. I think where you see.
Speaker 3: Like for sure, each character where like.
Speaker 1: Art Lafleur is like, well, there's no reason to stand out here out of earshot from everyone else in case I scream or whatever, you know, when he needs the guy from the penitentiary, and just all the things you know they're giving each other a hard time about, you know, what they're eating or whatever. All the things. I just think that's really fun.
Speaker 3: That is fun. And then the only other one I wrote down is just pretty much the climax of the movie, Falco coming back in at halftime to win the game. Cochrane gets in at the end zone before his knee explodes. He had you know, they built that up with you know I just want to get in the end zone. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, so that hit harder. And then yeah, Nigel crying before he's going to do the kick, and so Falco switches it up, goes runs, does the l Way helicopter. They did that like three.
Speaker 1: They really did. Yeah, and it looked cool every time. So I get why they kept kind of going back to that, honestly.
Speaker 3: Because that would have been two years prior to that movie.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, wow, that's crazy. That seems like that was way farther before this movie somehow. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh yeah. That was just a low hanging for And this kind of goes into your speech one, but the Quicksands explanation and then the speech afterward.
Speaker 1: I just love that scene as a more like serious scene quote unquote. It's just great.
Speaker 3: But I would be fine doing a dual ding guy with the speeches by Gene and I will survive.
Speaker 1: Let's just do a triple Let's get let's get Madden in summer all all their scenes, all scenes, and then love it the climax. I'm great with that, and I will survive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I survive.
Speaker 1: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 3: Well, then let's let's talk about some quotes.
Speaker 5: Let's show me the money me the money show.
Speaker 3: Started off.
Speaker 1: Bro has love at the beginning when he's like you look like, He's like, well, I'm dying, Jimmy, He's like, come on, You've been dying for twenty years. It's super early.
Speaker 3: That actor too. Yeah, what is his name, Jack Warden? I think is his name?
Speaker 1: Sounds right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, very accomplished actor. The only other I saw that The thing that I really remembered him from was the really troubling Problem Child movies.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what I remember him, because he was the Grandpa or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those movies were. Yeah. I can't imagine what those are like on a rewatch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can't be getting terrifying.
Speaker 1: But boy did I think they were silly and fun at the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, big fan. Anyway, I know.
Speaker 1: Mom sure loves him. What is the one I'm trying to think of? Oh, it's after a really fun scene where they they have previously flipped over Shane's truck because he parked in the you know, the other guys or whatever. And then he comes back and he's like, I don't even park his boy. He's like, well, it's his spot and he gets really mad and they flip it and then the two dudes Faison and whatever come over and they shoot the car, which is not great but whatever. It's super funny. But the part I love about that scene is as they're walking back, he had just had the yam put on or whatever. He's like, what does that smell? And he's like, oh wow, yeam. He's like, oh, that's nice.
Speaker 3: I also like that a lot. Yeah, I wrote that.
Speaker 1: I just love that so so much. I think that's really funny. Oh. I love when I think it's recipments. When he's like that'll do? You pick that'll do? He's like, screw you cockroach. It's like, well you have to find your dick first, Chamu. It's just really silly. I mean it's Welsh not Scottish, but.
Speaker 3: You get yeah, I get it at the point.
Speaker 1: Yeah what do you got? You said a couple?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can say some. The cool one in this is Falco In the huddle, He's like, I wish I could say something class and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heels, chicks, dig scars, glory, last forever.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's definitely pretty great. I was said in a huddle or two in high school.
Speaker 3: I love that so much. I loved the winners always want the ball when the game is on the line, and then it comes back with Shane's like, I want the ball.
Speaker 1: He said, Yeah, that is wonderful.
Speaker 3: My favorite Madden line. I love to see a fat guy school Why because first you get a fat guy spike, then you get the fat guy dance so good in his disgrade. It's like, oh, first you go then.
Speaker 1: And I love that.
Speaker 3: At one point they're like and he comes over here and he goes over you, like the.
Speaker 1: Whole thing so great. Yeah, it's such a great scene. In general.
Speaker 3: I love when Orlando Jones, uh, he finally gets interviewed and then he is just the third person the whole time, but he ends with the football is like a one man cold to Clifford Franklin, Clifford Franklin's the only man catching it. Clifford Franklin's the only man coming down with it. So good. It is so great.
Speaker 1: He catches one ball and immediately he's like his today was a good day for Clifford Frank. Yeah, yeah, I have those bothering down. That's so good. And then the cold line is actually pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I like which one said, Oh yeah, coming.
Speaker 1: I'm the only one coming down catching it.
Speaker 3: And coming down with it. Yeah dude. I also liked him saying, now you know this, don't look natural, coach. That's when he puts the stick. You know it, don't I look like I just jacked off an elephant.
Speaker 1: I forgot that one, and I giggled a lot.
Speaker 3: It was good, pretty good. I got some more of a why don't you say someone when?
Speaker 1: Uh? Falco? And what is the cheerleader? What's her character name? I remember? God, I just anyone ever at bro Langton?
Speaker 3: Is her? Annabelle Farrell is her name?
Speaker 1: Anyway, They're trying, and he's like, I thought you might need a ride. When she shows up at his boat, he's like, oh, I'm good, I got my truck back. She's like, oh yeah, how is it flatter after it's been tipped over on its side? I love that. I thought that was really fun. I also love when uh, the other team gets the ball and Gene Ackman goes Danny, Danny, I need that ball, can't need that ball. He's like, oh, I got your Paul, and they're just like screaming at each other. It's like he runs out on the field. He's like, God, I hope he doesn't kill somebody. Yeah, and then after he gets the ball, he's standing there's like yeah, yeah, yeah, it's like, go sit down, Danny. Okay. I feel like, yeah, I know that person on my high school football team that was just like they you just had to point him a direction. And I was never that guy because I was never that good.
Speaker 3: Maybe I know, but no, just like I was always too tired.
Speaker 1: Yeah you're wonder okay, like I would have already been sitting on the bench, no problem, no problem. But yeah, I just thought that was really funny. Goes down, Danny. Okay. You know there's a ruling sports don't do anything great if you can't handle the congratulations there is there is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, such funny is Reis kept getting hurt John Favreau coming at.
Speaker 1: Him every time.
Speaker 3: He was so happy.
Speaker 1: Oh it was so funny.
Speaker 3: Oh and I love this line.
Speaker 1: I look at you and I see two men, the man you are and the man you were supposed to be. Someday those men will meet and it should make one hell of a good football player. Yeah, that's a good line.
Speaker 3: That's a good line classic Jimmy McGinty is man it is, dude, is one that really pumps me out though. Was listen up. By this time tomorrow the strike will officially be over and you men will be out of a job. Up until now, Dallas hasn't been afraid of you, and they should be because you have a powerful weapon working for you. There is no tomorrow for you, and that makes you all very dangerous people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is pretty sweet.
Speaker 3: Love that.
Speaker 1: I tell you. One that cracked me up back in the day, and it's such a throwaway line that it made me laugh this time. But it's just when they're talking about I thought you said Reciphans was one solid muscle and he's like, I'm wary, I'm wary. I don't I'm wy I loved that line back in the day.
Speaker 3: Well, and then Gene Hackman kept saying that, and then uh, the other coach kept trying, No, it's I'm waity, I'm wary so funny.
Speaker 1: I loved that. That's great. Yeah, remember red means stop. That was a funny thing where crushing him in practice?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm like traffic. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, that was maybe all the ones I wrote down to you.
Speaker 3: But others just another badass football why yeah, which just like made me miss football so much. But Falco is just like gentlemen. It's been an honor to share the field of battle with you.
Speaker 1: That is fun.
Speaker 3: I missed football sometimes. I know. I loved it so much.
Speaker 1: I'd be so tired if I tried to play.
Speaker 3: Now, though, Oh dude, I would be yeack. And after warm ups.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, there's no way I'd make it for warm ups. Honestly, I did do that a couple of times.
Speaker 3: Right, it did happen. Let's go to bugs boohoo moments. I had a hard time with this. I felt like there could have been a bunch I just didn't know it is, so I I kind of went, I don't. I don't think you got too into the the Annabelle Shane Falco love story. I thought maybe you got some hype tears when coach yells and and and that makes you all very dangerous people.
Speaker 1: I did like them.
Speaker 3: That was about all I got.
Speaker 1: I don't think I wrote that one, Okay, although so they also blend together a lot, so it's a little hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So yeah, dude, I didn't have a good barometer on this one. How many times did you behoove?
Speaker 1: I have four?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: But I look at you and I see two men. I really liked that. That got me. Okay, Uh, the quicksand into the second chance speech, I really liked that. I thought that was great. Oh the uh when they're talking about the other quarterback and he's like he doesn't have heart and you do, and then he says like it's been a privilege. I think it's when he's he's letting him know that they're starting the other guy because he crossed over the line right That that got me. And then I want the ball winners always do got me.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's just those four. I was even gonna say, just the last close ups to Gene Hackman at the very end of the movie, and he's got the uh, he's got the good outro too, which is a pretty dramatic outra for this kind of silly movie.
Speaker 1: I kind of forgot that they did the narrator.
Speaker 3: Bit, the tonal to tonally. It was a little, maybe too much, but it was pretty beautiful. Man. He's like when the Washington Sentinel Sentinels left the stadium that date, there was no ticker tape parade, no endorsement deals for sneakers or soda pop or breakfast cereal, just a locker to be cleaned out and a ride home to catch. But what they didn't know was that their lives had been changed forever because they had been part of something great and greatness, no matter how brief, stays with the man. Every athlete dreams of a second chance. These men lived it.
Speaker 1: I will say it just did me right now. So it was beautiful. It's wonderful.
Speaker 3: It's also when it felt real like braveheart.
Speaker 1: Like it's pretty at the end. Yeah, honestly, like it's almost the same they left as they fought as warrior poets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they left it Scottsmith.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it's very similar to that. I totally agree. Yeah, that's really funny.
Speaker 3: I didn't write down this must.
Speaker 1: Not have got me to cry in the moment anyway. So four, but who's pretty good? I didn't do well in this that's all right, it's still a little movie trivia. There wasn't a whole bunch for this. The final film of Jack Warden, we said that he was great. He won an oscar at some point. I don't remember what for, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't look at it.
Speaker 1: Let's see. Oh, I just thought this was fun. The reason everyone refers to Shane Falco's meltdown in the ninety six Sugar Bowl is because there was no Sugar Bowl in ninety six, and it just made it easy continuity wise to like not have crossover. So that was funny. And this was because they played it on New Year's Even ninety five, and then the next year they played the day after New Year so on the second of January ninety seven, So funny just because of scheduling, they didn't actually happen one in that six.
Speaker 3: The other thing that's funny about that that would have been like three years or four years prior to that, and they're trying to say that this guy is just completely washed up.
Speaker 1: Bro, what is like twenty es Yeah, right, right, that's funny. That's a good point.
Speaker 3: I did not think of that until just either.
Speaker 1: That's really good. We said the thing about the Washington football team being real life. That's cool. Heano gained twenty three pounds for this role, which is pretty wild.
Speaker 3: Do we think of muscle because I don't know.
Speaker 1: He didn't look like super Jack. I didn't think, Yeah, that was interesting, but yeah, Fumiko's war Rid the Nandaska is actually what is this in Japanese? I guess that's kind of fun, dude.
Speaker 3: It's so funny. We didn't talk about him. I love that they had a Sumer wrestler. I just saw a clip of Oh god, what is the great defensive end for the Cowboys? Who's so good? Micah Parson Parsons. Yeah, okay, Parsons was going up against a Suma wrestler, no kidding, and this guy what didn't even look as big as as Micah Parsons and he just couldn't move him. He couldn't do anything strong and Michael Parsons like, no, he was, he was mad. He was I'm doing nothing but leg day for the next three weeks. And then he did it again and he was able to get but he was Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, that crazy I thought was fun. That's super cool. I like that a lot.
Speaker 3: This is crazy.
Speaker 1: During filming, Keanu Reeves was offered a try out with the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 3: And then that's nuts.
Speaker 1: Also they won the Super Bowl six months later. That's so crazy. Film's release, and that would.
Speaker 3: Have been with Flacco, right, Oh Flacco and Falca.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fun, truest would that have been or was that dil for?
Speaker 2: Enough?
Speaker 1: Was dil for?
Speaker 3: Did he win a super Bowl with the Ravens?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That team?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, team that.
Speaker 1: Where the defense was so crazy crazy?
Speaker 3: Good, well it probably was then, yeah, because Flacco would have been more like like way year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that must have been later, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that would have been that. Yeah, he hasn't been playing for twenty five years. Oh yeah yeah, that wouldn't work. Yeah yeah yeah yeah. Anyway, yes, they and that would make sense that they're asking Keanu.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Yeah, they sucked, right, so yeah that makes sense. Weird, what a weird thing. I thought this was fun?
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Keanu plays a former quarterback from Ohio State in both this movie and Point Bright. Thought that was right, Johnny utah, utah, I'm not going to read that one. That one is a bummer, dude. You have to It's scene Okay, I didn't. I didn't want to bring It's crazy, dude, Wilkinson. Michael Jas was the actor. He's the actor who was the one who got out of prison in the movie Right to Come Play, And he's in the quick sand scene. He's afraid. He says he's afraid to go back to prison. Well, in twenty sixteen, that actor was convicted of second degree murder killing his wife and was sent into prison for forty years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's gonna he's gonna die in prison.
Speaker 1: That's wild, dude.
Speaker 3: Isn't that nuts?
Speaker 1: I mean it's sad too, and just yeah, so weird.
Speaker 3: That blew my mind. And the other thing that blew my mind. It's probably the next thing you're gonna say, but that. Wilkinson was based on Tony Robinson, who was a replacement quarterback for the redskin in a game against the Cowboys during the eighty seven NFL strike. Robinson was an inmate on work release and he was allowed to play that one game and led the Redskins to a thirteen seven victory midy night Football and then he was eventually released in twenty twelve. So they let him all hour ago, but they let him out like so early, like he still stayed in until twenty twelve, and he did that in eighty seven he got to go play in an NFL agame and then go back to prison. That's nuts, nuts. I thought that was No. I love that.
Speaker 1: I love to share that because I read that. I didn't actually even write down. So I'm glad. You know. Oh, Jack Wardon just he also was a head coach slash owner in Brian's song and then was a coach.
Speaker 3: I never saw that, do you see that?
Speaker 1: No, that's the one that's real sad, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I've always heard that. I'm like, I don't know, watch.
Speaker 1: It football movie and it's said, good lord, chance it is supposed to be amazing, though, I just yeah, I ever saw it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then the last thing I have, Oh, I just thought was fun. So he obviously says the halftime speech or interview that Gene Hackman does when he's like miles and miles of heart, miles and miles and miles of heart. This is a reference, of course, to them talking about heart earlier in the film, but it's also from Damn Yankees, the song you Gotta Have Heart, which applies to the Washington Senators in that movie. So I just thought that was because every time he said it, because I had been in that play not long before this movie came out, and so I was like, I was like, well, that's weird that he did a damn y Do you guys do that in high school? Yeah, we did that summer program that I did back in the day. They did it there.
Speaker 3: It was fun.
Speaker 1: It's a fun show.
Speaker 3: But I did that. I just did that one scene in like something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great song.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 1: Miles apart, you guys did that song I got I have that song is also the only reason I was probably in the show because they need people to sing it. So yeah, I loved it. But I just thought that was a fun elusion there. That was all I had, though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't have anything else. I didn't see any other actors that were up and stuff. They didn't they didn't put any of that in. So so yeah, let's go to Judgment Day. Will there be a sequel? No, but there were plans to do a sequel and they fell through.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's fun.
Speaker 3: They could they can, right, I mean, you obviously can't have Gene Hackman.
Speaker 1: That's true. It wouldn't be a sequel with this.
Speaker 3: Maybe Keanu could be the coach and it's a new group of you. You could you could do that.
Speaker 1: You could have it be like an XFL team or something or whatever. They're right, mm hmm, but probably not at this point.
Speaker 3: Probably not. Fig there's going to be more football movies.
Speaker 1: Though, for sure there'll be something similar to it, Just like this was to necessary, right.
Speaker 3: I know it so funny? Well would you like to play?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okol Well, I sent out a tweet if they still call that a tweet On x an X, I was like, hey, give me the name of a favorite actor actress of yours with a with a large filmography. Yes, please, And let's see what the people had to say.
Speaker 1: What did they say?
Speaker 3: We got some responses, Okay, The one that got hearted the most was Liam Neeson, Oh, which is interesting. Next is Ryan Gosling. And now I do just want to throw out there. We had a listener, Louenne if you're listening, no, not Louenne. Lorraine, Loraine, Lorraine, thank you so much. She has listened to pretty much every episode and has listened to all of our last man Stanton, and she gave me a list of the thirty five actors that we've used.
Speaker 1: Most people before.
Speaker 3: We have not done Liam Neeson or Ryan Goune, so those are in the run. We got Samuel L. Jackson, which we have used him. Johnny Depp, which we've used three times, three times, three times, that's the worst one. Funny, we got Steve McQueen, it wouldn't be great, Robert Duval, Catherine Hepburn, Robin Williams we've had to have done twice, two times. Yeah, Alan Tudic's fun Harrison Ford which we've done, Benedict cumber Batch we have not done, Simon Pegg and David Tennant. Hmmm. So to all those, i'd probably between Liam Neeson Ryan Gosling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Liam, Liam is sticking out to me. Should we just do him?
Speaker 3: Let's do Liam Neeson And I want to give a big thanks to our patron, Marsha Greasy, thank you so much for your for your suggestion. Yeah, Liam Neeson, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Oh there's there's so many.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to start it off.
Speaker 1: Taken, damn it, taken too, taken three.
Speaker 3: I think that was all of them.
Speaker 1: Love Actually, dang it, that was my next poopy sticks.
Speaker 3: I'll say the gray that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a bunch of those that are like similar. I can't remember what the one is called Snowplow or something. What the hell is that one called that? It's not that though, but it's but it's close. Wow, snow it's.
Speaker 3: Not plow, get plow out of here. And well, unless he's done a different one with him, maybe it's the same movie.
Speaker 1: Sure, it doesn't matter. Gangs of New York.
Speaker 3: That makes more sense. Can I say the New Naked Gun movie.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask that too.
Speaker 3: Sure, I'm gonna say it's gonna be open like it's it's almost here.
Speaker 1: Uh, Lego Batman.
Speaker 3: Because he is I can't.
Speaker 1: Remember which one he is, but he's definitely in it. Or is it just Lego movie?
Speaker 3: Maybe it's a Lego movie. I don't think he's in Lego Batman. I don't know who he is where he's like the narrators so many times. Well, no, that's Will Arnett doing.
Speaker 4: All that.
Speaker 1: Him too, though. All right, I can say something else.
Speaker 3: Uh maybe the Lego movie, but I don't think it's Lego Batman.
Speaker 1: I'm not confident, so I'll say one. I am confident in Batman begins.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, you just said that they kind of show him again in Dark Knight Rise. I believe they do. I'm gonna say Dark Knight Shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I can't remember any of the names of his movies. Uh yeah, Snow. I saw this stupid Snow movie and I want to get credit for it. Damn it. I was just thinking of the other day that he was in. It's called Schindler's List.
Speaker 3: There you go. I was gonna say, we are missing a huge one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's hard to nail a lot of different things.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm going to take the one that you were thinking of.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the name of it? Damn it?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do. I even saw it.
Speaker 1: No, old No, he's saying rain, Do you tell me the name?
Speaker 3: What? What? What is it? When it freezes, it turns into.
Speaker 1: Ice ice ro ro.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I watched that piece.
Speaker 3: I remember you watching it telling me. You're just like, oh my god, it's just taking what we doing. Yeah, that's funny. Fine.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's got to be one hundred thousand more.
Speaker 3: There are definitely more. N I have four.
Speaker 1: I'm struggling over here, but.
Speaker 3: Dude, there's so many more, and I'm blanking I know. I don't think I would have come up with gangs in New York, which makes me sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, damn, it isn't he in. I don't know. I think I'm done. I can't think of anything right now.
Speaker 3: So the one, it was a newer one. It was called A Walk among the Tombstones.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I never watched that.
Speaker 3: Actually I saw it when I was I saw like the end at like at the gym. I just saw, so I know how it ended. I was saying, well, I'm never gonna watch that. It's a whole scene in it was ceminterary. So uh. There was a movie called Before and After with him and Meryl Streep that always stuck in my head. It was about a family dealing with It's a husband and wife. I think their kid does a hit and run and they have to they have to decide what to do.
Speaker 1: These two look young in this movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, I saw it when I was a kid, and get stuck with me. I've never seen And the only other two that I thought of was Rob Roy and Michael Collins.
Speaker 1: Yeah that makes sense. Oh, we got s we go through and look at the nine hundred.
Speaker 3: He had no dude, there's so many.
Speaker 1: That's on one hundred and thirty seven.
Speaker 3: Oh, I saw Kenny Kinsey. I watched it was so awkward. I watched it with my parents that you said that, Why did I do that? Oh my god? Okay, are you starting earlier or late?
Speaker 1: I can do either. You want me to go back to the beginning.
Speaker 3: There's so many, let's go back to the beginning. A bunch of movies I've never heard of. He played Gawayne in Excalibur, which I never saw. That was back in eighty one. Bro.
Speaker 1: The first thing I saw he was in the Deadpool of the original.
Speaker 3: Oh, with like the Clint east Well, I think.
Speaker 1: So it's eighty eight, so I assume.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I never saw the mission. I think that was a big movie.
Speaker 1: I never saw it.
Speaker 3: Either with de Niro.
Speaker 1: It's in that Nail movie. I've just heard people talk about it.
Speaker 3: I never saw it. Yeah, and I never saw Next to Ken. But man, that that thumbnail that brings me back to my old movie store. Oh, I saw that so many times. Patrick Swayzey on the front with the hat.
Speaker 1: On Jesus Phantom Menace dumb.
Speaker 3: Of course. Some Leap of Faith was a big one. I didn't know he was even in the Primes.
Speaker 1: You didn't have kN nineteen The Widow Maker, like I think Jack Ryan movie or something.
Speaker 3: And it's like it it's got.
Speaker 1: You're boying it.
Speaker 3: So I thought maybe he saw Harrison what. I definitely saw it, but I think I saw it like one. Kingdom of Heaven Kinsey Kingdom of Heaven. I never saw.
Speaker 1: Oh, he was the voice in Lion Witch in the Wardrobe.
Speaker 3: Cool. Forgot about that. It's awesome, And he's Prince ca Caspian and the Chronicles of Narnia the other Man I saw, and I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 1: Oh that's just Chloe, the Chronicles of Narnia, Prince Caspian. He's still Aslam in that. Sorry.
Speaker 3: Oh that movie After Life. It was weird with Christina Ricci and Justin.
Speaker 1: That was weird.
Speaker 3: I've watched that, and you were right. He is in the Lego movie.
Speaker 1: Oh is he? Okay? Who is he? Oh?
Speaker 3: He's bad copy.
Speaker 1: I remember that. I thought he was in it somewhere, but oh, dude, he's in Titans Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he was in the eighteen eighteen. I remember thinking the next three days he had this little part in the Next Three Days that I loved.
Speaker 1: Which one is that? Is that the one that I screwed up?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's this is the Russell Crowe Elizabeth Banks one. He was an unknown. He was in Battleship. He was in also a Wrath of the Titans. Yeah, I meant the First Anchorman two, the Legend and Tell Yeah, funny NonStop, which was like so many of us. Yeah, yeah, movies like that, A million Ways of the West.
Speaker 1: I was like, was he in one of those jokey ones? But I couldn't have the.
Speaker 3: Entourage? Is himself Ted too? Must have a thing with that night?
Speaker 1: I remember that that wasn't good either. Dude, there's so many silence. I never saw silence. Did you ever watch that same?
Speaker 3: No? And I need to kind.
Speaker 1: Of like, yeah, but it looked like it was going to be a little bit of a bummer.
Speaker 3: Maybe, dude, his been in Bow to Buster scrugs.
Speaker 1: Oh dah, yeah, that man.
Speaker 3: We didn't do great on this.
Speaker 1: So many.
Speaker 3: Memory as Ice Road, Ice Road. Oh dude, he made another one Ice Road Vengeance.
Speaker 1: Is it already out?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, I don't. I think it's already Oh why that is amazing.
Speaker 1: I'll probably watch it, but I don't. I won't like it.
Speaker 3: Oh well, dude, we did like ten of his films.
Speaker 1: I was not gonna go. Well, I feel like I don't push you hard enough from that game so much.
Speaker 3: That one was hard, but big thanks to Lorraine for helping us out with that. Into the list badly amniesen to the list. I'm just gonna have to update us now.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm so sorry. I hope you do that when you committed to this. We're in a relationship now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it, but I'm gonna start off the top five Gene Heckman film.
Speaker 1: Styes You Are. That's available for our patrons. You can go to patreon dot com slash the Abbot endorsement if you want to hear that, as well as all our old episodes too with our crazy drafts and things. But yeah, buddy, that does it today. I guess uh for the replacements, christ I'm being thinking guess so MUCHY for listening until we talk to you next time. Enjoy the great indows. The sun is shining out of com in the sky.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't know because we're so happy inside.
Speaker 3: Some people, but we.
Speaker 2: Would rather sit on down and talk some movies. We're the Avid indoors doors Man. Come listen to our show, Where the Avid Indoorsmen at home, bore on the go, Where the Avid indoors Man. We hope you love it so, so come on in and stay.
Speaker 3: I will do our best to make you smile.
Speaker 2: Where the ev indoors Mann