Speaker 1: Oh yes, you are listening to the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle.
Speaker 2: Thanks for rolling with us today.
Speaker 1: This segment's brought to you by Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen and Plano, Texas Preston and Plano Parkway. They've mastered five different types of pizza and readers of the Dallas Morning News say it's the best pizza in all of DFW.
Speaker 2: What a huge honor for them.
Speaker 1: So, if you are a foodie you'd like to try the best things that DFW has to offer, head to Plano, Texas and go to Andrews America Kitchen. Phenomenal craft beer selection, TVs everywhere, great pasta to Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen and Plano.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: And now it's time for Basis week Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun Tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some important stuff, but I think we should start with the biggest story.
Speaker 2: It's time for today's twenty thirty two Pastroyd Impact Probability. Oh it's back.
Speaker 4: It's been a couple of weeks since we've updated you because there hasn't been any updates. It slipped out of the public consciousness and then all of a sudden, we have new data.
Speaker 2: So this was what we're April.
Speaker 4: Now, this was in February when we were talking about this and the world was talking about it. Asteroid twenty twenty four why Are four is the name of it. Approximately the size of a football field, was detected in December, and the initial assessment from NASA's there's a three percent chance that it impacts Earth.
Speaker 2: In twenty thirty two, they had more.
Speaker 4: Analysis from the James Webb Telescope and all that, and they dip down. Well, here's yesterday's update. There's still a two percent chance that why Are four the asteroid could collide with the Moon in twenty thirty two.
Speaker 2: That'd be bad, but the Moon is not the Earth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the Moon controls high and everything.
Speaker 6: There would be massive waves smashing all. I mean that whole thing about California going underwater.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go to pro Museum KT. Yeah, the Moon's important.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: Uh, the interstellar there's that planet where the whole planet is a giant wave that circles around.
Speaker 2: That's what the Earth would become. Oh that seems horrible unless you're a surfer.
Speaker 4: Well, and this means like, look, we're counting down the months here, eight times twelve, like there's less than one hundred months to get on this. And they said they're gonna they're gonna up date this again in May. Do you realize I'm gonna take a break from it?
Speaker 6: And do you realize back to been just created a movie in which you merge Interstellar to gather with point break?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, dude, look what you did? Yeah, exactly, body, body, what are you doing on? What are you doing on this asteroid? I'm riding it because I'm gonna create a new planet to surf. I'm only living one laugh. Wait a minute, why didn't you space arrest that guy because he's gotta live? Have you all heard about this project? Hail Mary thing?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Is that where Jerry Jones takes the Cowboys up that asteroid and they play game of football and y R four?
Speaker 2: That'd be great. They would lose.
Speaker 5: All.
Speaker 2: I don't run the ball. You can't even keep your footing.
Speaker 4: Uh, it's a Matt Damon and Ryan Gosling in space.
Speaker 2: Hell, yes, I'm in well, Matt damon, just hell, I'll do a movie in a spaceship every ten years. Yeah, it's very strange. When is that? The Martian was good? What was the other one? Did? Uh? He did do another one? Did he? You went full Stephen Jones? You hear that? Yeah? I don't know what did that one?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: Oh he no, no, no, I remember it. It was like so he was in space and he goes.
Speaker 2: What do you think about that? I got a number? How do you like them? Space apples? And then he like floated off. Yeah it was different? Was it Elysium was?
Speaker 1: Yes, he was in that too, But where he is? Uh, he's got a buying a arm?
Speaker 6: Yeah, what stupid?
Speaker 4: He's bordering scientology old times. It seems I don't know, it feels like it.
Speaker 2: The premise for every movie sounds so stupid. Yeah. That one seems good though, because it's got run gospl again. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, So there's a story we need to get to. There's a girl who is a college freshman at Old Miss. Her name is Mary Kay Cornett. Sounds like she a deal jewelry. She is been the victim of an online rumor that she hooked up with her boyfriend's dad. This spread on a I have I had not heard of until I read this story called yik yak.
Speaker 2: This is the worst sounding thing in existence.
Speaker 5: Song, isn't it? Yakity yac okay yakady yak yaka yik yak.
Speaker 2: What's it like? Is it like TikTok or what? Anonymous message based app?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: That's popular among college students.
Speaker 6: So you can just go online and make up stuff about people, and people read it cool and it's not attributed to anything, so it.
Speaker 4: Spreads, It gets to Twitter, starts going around. I'm gonna play you two clips. You're gonna hear the clip in question in the second clip, because I want you to hear her first. She's doing an interview with NBC. This is what has happened to her.
Speaker 8: In her first TV interview, Old Miss freshman Mary Kate Cornett told me how she became famous on the internet in February, and online rumor went viral claiming an Old Miss sorority sister slept with her boyfriend's father, then somewhat attached Cornett's name and photo to it.
Speaker 2: Do you know why the room were started?
Speaker 7: No clue. Later that night, around seven pm, I was number one trending in the United States. I felt so helpless because so many people were hating on me for something that I had no idea anything about.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she does know.
Speaker 5: Also, why are they hating on her so much? It's her life. How are they hurting her in any way? And how hot was the dad?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god, we've changed her and we've changed her.
Speaker 6: We turned you out, we flipped her the Uh let me weigh in on how hot the dad was. When I saw it, and we, in fact, my whole family had a discussion about this, we were like, what, Yeah, because the dad, I think he's some sort of like investment banker guy or something.
Speaker 2: I never saw a picture of him.
Speaker 6: Uh, and so, and he's I believe he lives in Houston, right, I think I think the boyfriend's family is from Houston. And so when we saw the dad, we were like, uh, all right, I mean he just looks like some you know, kind of guy in his fifties that hadn't really taken that. I mean, he's a big guy, but he hadn't really taken that great care of himself.
Speaker 2: He's just a dude.
Speaker 6: And it was like they had and the things that we were reading at the time, they had all these details about the encounter, and I mean it was it was very, very sordid, and there was stuff about his wife, and I mean it was just it was just this big, joke, detailed mess of lurid gossip.
Speaker 2: It has not been taken down either.
Speaker 6: Do you see a picture of the dad there, Yeah, And I think I can't remember. I thought he was like an investment banker, so I can't remember what it said he was, but I believe that said that family was from Houston.
Speaker 4: He's just a character getting thrown into this because he's the boyfriend's dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, so here's the second part of this coup.
Speaker 4: You're gonna hear in the middle of this the Paton McAfee show on ESPN discussing this on February twenty sixth.
Speaker 2: But that's phone number was also shared online.
Speaker 8: She was overwhelmed with harassing texts and voicemails.
Speaker 7: I was having thousands of calls come through, thousands of texts coming through, calling me a whore, calling me a slut, telling me I deserve to die.
Speaker 8: Cornett says she could barely leave her dorm room, had to switch to online classes.
Speaker 9: Some home miss frabro yep, sir kay hey, k d girlfriend. This is what is being reported by everybody on the internet that had sex with son and his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Anyone apologized to you.
Speaker 7: No, I want these famous people to know that I was not famous before this. I'm not a public figure that you can go talk about on your show to get more views. Nobody knows who I am, or nobody didn't know who I was. But them pressing this and pushing it farther made my situation so much worse.
Speaker 2: And also even do that, why would they mention something that is not Because.
Speaker 4: McAfee wills off and he sees something on the internet and he says it talking about.
Speaker 6: And that's that's his you know, a big part of his audience too, is they want that sort of thing, and it's kind of like meathead stuff. Think about what he said, everyone on the internet's reporting it. What so everyone's a reporter, pat like he works for an actual reputable media entity, ESPN, ABC, Disney is a massive entity that has to account for the things that they put on their airwaves. And he went on the air and he said everyone's on the internet at reporting it.
Speaker 4: What they talked about it on his show for under two minutes. It's very strange because NFL insider Adam Schefter was the guest and he's sitting right beside him, and Schefter's got the look of why are you wasting time with this? But he's just doing a show.
Speaker 2: It isn't a j Hawk sitting there. Can I hear that again? Hawk might be over zoom. I had to switch to online classes. Some ole miss frappro Ye say hey, KD.
Speaker 4: Girlfriend, KD kdie Kappa Delta.
Speaker 9: This is what is being reported by everybody on the internet that had sex with Son's girlfriend come.
Speaker 6: Up and then right after he goes, Now, where do you think Russ Wilson's going to end up?
Speaker 2: Adam? I don't understand what the point of even mentioning it is.
Speaker 5: That's what's frustrating to me. Why bully someone that is doing something that has no effect on you in your life whatsoever? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Leave her alone?
Speaker 6: So here here's what I would say about and please understand, I'm not defending at McFee. I'm not a fan, But what I would say is that when that thing dropped, I was reading it like it was news because of everywhere that I saw it like the idea of everyone on the internet is reporting it. What happened was my daughter walked in and said, did you see this story? And I was like, I haven't heard of this, So I googled it. It was the number one thing that was trending. Like if you just started to punch in her name, it it populated.
Speaker 2: I guess I missed it.
Speaker 6: There was stories that there were stories like everywhere about it. But unless like and I talked about this all the time with my parents, for example, unless you take the time to go look at like all that is gone, you know what the original source is. Everything is just repurposing everything and you don't know what's real or not anymore.
Speaker 2: And he didn't say, he didn't say names, I don't use, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Basically, he's basically saying, this is something I'm reading on the internet, which is true. Yeah, so, but I don't understand the point of why he would even do that. I mean it because it's a salacious story.
Speaker 2: His show is like, you.
Speaker 4: Know, yeah, we're sports sports, sports, and then we're killing time here and there, and when they're killing time.
Speaker 1: Here's a crazy story going viral. But he didn't even dig into it. It's almost like he once he started talking about he realized you shouldn't have said that or something.
Speaker 4: So, you know, they this NBC interview that I'm that, I'm that I played audio up for you guys. I think is her striking back a little bit, And that's definitely coached up by the lawyer because they can. I don't think they can win this because because he did not mention her name. You know, you go to a court is it's some college frat bro hooking up with the katie. I think that's tough a little awful for her though, messed up, and I think this happens a lot more than just this.
Speaker 2: But it's good.
Speaker 1: Good for her for standing up herself because even if she doesn't win, she changes the narrative and everyone's like, oh my god, that is right that everyone just ran with that it's not true.
Speaker 2: Very crazy story. She should sue yikiak.
Speaker 4: You know, it happens on his show, but then you know, his show gets posted and spread and people see it after the fact and it just kind of lives. Barstool picks it up and then here we go, you know, so you know, it's a it's a very uh. I don't know.
Speaker 2: The story is not going away, I would imagine. I'll say that, And.
Speaker 4: There is the weekday update here thirty three, five Thursday.
Speaker 2: Yep, thank you, Kevin.
Speaker 1: Coming up next in the Big Finish, KT has a Texas Rangers Walk up music game.
Speaker 2: We're gonna play it and we'll prove it next