Speaker 1: Here is your Channel nine first morning weather forecast. Sometime around noon they say, scattered showers, the stores might show up, and the weird part about it, possible hail and maybe some areas getting an inch rain. Seventy degrees for the high anyway with cloudy sky's forty five overnight decreasing clouds leading us a sunny Friday with a pleasant sixty seven high overnight low forty four, and Saturday is going to be just partly clouded. The whole week's going to be dry. They say, seventy one for the high on Saturday, sixty two. Right now, time for a traffic update from the uc.
Speaker 2: UP Trampics Center. When it comes to stroke to every second counts. That's why you see Health is the clear choice for wrapping by saving treatment one more and you see health dot com. Cruise continue to work with the accident SAP found seventy five above Union Center left shoulder, that traffic is heavy from above Tylers Zil sapbound seventy five, then slows again through Blachmann northbound seventy five. Having us out of Aeroline, You're into downtown. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's a thirty on a Thursday, which means it's time for iHeart MEATI Aviation expert Jay Ratliffe always enjoyed this segment talking with Jay, just like I enjoyed talking with him and his beautiful bride yesterday Listener to Lunch, Jay Ratliffe, So great, senior at Listener to Lunch yesterday.
Speaker 3: It was a nice relaxed environment. And rarely, as you know, given my schedule with my training in the stock market, can I take some time off.
Speaker 4: But I told you that it was it was needed.
Speaker 3: And yeah, that way you can meet Cherry, and when I brag on her, you'll know exactly what I'm talking. Oh, I knew you got to meet your beautiful your beautiful wife. So yeah, we're we're in the same same boat there, pal.
Speaker 1: Yeah we both outkicked our coverage and yeah we both offered each other proof of that. Although I always took you at your word, there's no man out there who's not happily married, who regularly goes online and talks and praises his wife all the time. And uh so wedded bliss you got, and that's a great thing.
Speaker 3: Jay Ratt still trying to figure out the out kicked the coverage comment, but.
Speaker 4: Like what does that mean? Explained later.
Speaker 1: That's great, eddiehow turning over to something that's been rumbling around has been rumbling around out there for I don't know more than like it seems like twenty years real id it's now a thing, although apparently you don't necessarily need a real idea to fly. Where are we on this, Jay Ratliffe, Well, the.
Speaker 3: TSA told us early on, even though we've known about this for twenty years and we've talked about it constantly, where you had to have the TSA approved driver's license to fly get into federal courthouses, et cetera, et cetera. They said, there's going to be twenty to twenty five percent of the people still that are going to show up this week after the deadline is here and not have what they need. Now, the TSA is not going to turn us away, but what they are going to do is they have a kind of an enhanced.
Speaker 4: Security protocol they're going to follow.
Speaker 3: It's going to take a lot more time and you are going to be subjected to some indepth screening and it's a hassle. But if you don't have what you need. It's the best way to get you on the plane. Well, if you're not sure what the Ohio Real ID driver's license new and improved looks like, just a quick Google image search will give you what you need. But if you don't have it, get to the airport extra early and I mean like three hours before departure, and then work your way through. Now, eventually the TSA will reach that point of no return where okay, the great period is over.
Speaker 4: Now you have to have what you need to fly.
Speaker 3: And I certainly wouldn't push that too far because I don't know how long it's going to be. Because it's a lot like if you lose your bill fold in the West Coast and you got to fly back Holm. You're thinking, oh, I don't have my ID. Well, the TSA is going to work with you. They're going to get you on board the flight. They do have protocol for that, and they're doing everything they can here. And as I've said so many times before, hats off to the US government. I rarely say that for rolling this out in the slowest travel month of the year in May. They did it at a time when they knew things were going to be slow there's going to be an implementation period, and it's going to take passengers and the TSA agents, you know, a little extra time to get through things. And so far, so good. No, you know, screaming long lines at the security checkpoint or a lot of stories that have gone viral as a result of this, which tells me that everybody's handling it pretty well well.
Speaker 1: I would imagine. Does it take really that long to do a body cavity search?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 1: Jay, I have this vision rubber gloves?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right this way, sir. Yeah, we'll teach you not to have the right right. I'll have it next time, I promise.
Speaker 4: I swear to God, I'll go to the d m V. I'm not even gonna fly now, I'm gonna go get it exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh my, So, and you be fun.
Speaker 3: It would be fun to do that, just just the just the premise of seeing people's reaction, having a little a little fun at the airport. Not planning to do it, of course, right, you know, you having fun at work?
Speaker 4: You know, you and I get to do it, but so many other people can't.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the truth? I don't measure. There's a whole lot of levity among the TSA folks. Yeah, we have one of the guys to stand there and when when the new people come up, put a pair of rubber gloves on, say follow me. I think that would be hilarious.
Speaker 4: I saw as for other things.
Speaker 1: But yes, real quick here, well we'll part company for a brief commercial break. But just a quick topic. I saw a couple of United Airlines planes clipped wings, trying to depart in San Francisco. The one was backing, being pushed back from its journey and ran into a Hong Kong bound United Airlines flight on the ground there. And I know air traffic controllers don't control the ground space least that's what I read, But I mean, you think that they'd be looking around their environment before they start pushing back. And because you know, you clip a wing, that means the plane's not gonna be able to fly.
Speaker 3: Well, neither one of them. More than five hundred people were on both flights. So when you have that, we call it swapping paint. And the pilots, of course, are not in control. It's being pushed back by the ground crew and you have teams that surround the airplane, so it's a very slow process. Yeah, everybody's looking, everybody's communicating. So from airline management, when this happened, it would drive us absolutely out of our mind because now you have two airplanes with five hundred people. You have to take both those planes out of commission. You have to now bring resources from other parts of the airport that we're supposed to be doing other jobs to get the bags off both planes so that we can try to reaccommodate the passengers. And it creates a lot of last minute chaos that you have to deal with simply because people weren't doing their job. And you know they're taught. If there's a problem, a question, you stop, you make sure everything's okay. But when people get in a hurry you have this happen. It's not dangerous, but when it happens and you feel that thud, you're thinking, well, you know, this plane's not going anywhere because the maintenance crew has to come out, and it is a huge inconvenience.
Speaker 4: For those people.
Speaker 3: But look, people were waiting on that plane at the destination and they don't have a lot of extra planes sitting around where they'll go, well, we'll just substitute this one for that one.
Speaker 4: Sometimes that's not the case. Sometimes we can. Most of the time we can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is such an obvious I mean, planes are big. You've got two hundred and fifty people out of a giant object. How you could even have this happen? Recognizing exactly what you're.
Speaker 3: Brian, you've seen at the airport. We all those great, big windows and you look out and a lot of times these aircraft are stacked, you know. Yeah, Premium. Premium is the real estate word at the airports because there's just not a whole lot of room on that ground. And when you throw in a lot of ground equipment that's also out there kind of in the way, and different types of things that we use for auxiliary power and other things. Even though it's kind of building the Jetwi bridge, it can be it can be tight. And that's why every other week there's a story out there somewhere in the in the country where airplanes have clipped wings normally as they're pushing out or coming into the gate.
Speaker 1: We'll bring it back Newark is a mess understatement of the week. We'll talk about that and more with I Heard Media via stings for Jay Rattle. If it's a thirty seven be right back fifty five KRC dot com. Hey forty if you've out AKRC detalk station in j Roydler certainly has I heard media aviation expert. We are plussed to have him with us every Thursday beginning at a thirty talking some aviation news. And man, a Newark airport is a mess. They got what one runway's shut down because it's being what refinished or rebuilt and it's already crowded.
Speaker 4: It's crowded right oh, big time.
Speaker 3: And you know, you're talking about a situation where we have an airport that is technology challenged because I'm just trying to find that the right wording to use, because you and I've talked about before how just the entire industry is really suspect when it comes to the technology. And they had a situation where last this week where we had aircraft that were flying around and air traffic controllers lost the radar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were able to talk, but they couldn't see.
Speaker 3: And for men and women that are you know, responsible for keeping everybody safe, you talk about some stress.
Speaker 4: That was it.
Speaker 3: And then you have a situation where you have a shortage of air traffic controllers. It's just a mess on top of a mess, on top of a mess. Now we're being told that the United Airlines is looking at canceling or about ten percent of their schedule because they're saying, we simply can't be operating where we have flights that are going to be routinely late, two, three, four hours a day, So they're cutting the flights back, and they're saying that to fix all of this is not a situation that's going to be a matter of days, weeks, it's going to be years. So what are you going to do? And of course, with us having a shortage of air traffic controllers back, four or five of them went on a medical leave because they were so emotionally distraught over losing control of the airspace type of thing where they couldn't see what was going on. It scared him to death. Remember a lot of these individuals, these men and women, are working overtime because we've got the shortage of three thousand air traffic control across the country. So there's no easy fix to any of this. It's going to take time. And unfortunately we got here because of decades of non decisions that could have been made to address.
Speaker 4: This, and now we're all paying for it.
Speaker 3: And the beauty is the idiots in DC on both sides that could have addressed this and fixed it, are too busy pointing at each other, as they always tend to do, versus saying, you know, yeah, okay, we dropped the ball. Let's get it fixed. No, we can't ever take responsibility. But worre you're going to blame it, I think President Trump. Yeah, let's blame it on him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even though it's been in the making for forty years.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's the point I was going to emphasize, you obviously made it. No, it's not Trump's fault. This is a problem that's been in the making for decades because they're still using basically, you know, two eighty six process or five and a quarter floppy drive kind of computers. I mean, boiled down. I mean it's kind of the way it is, isn't it. It's old, old, legacy technology.
Speaker 3: Do you hear people in the background typing in Google search, what's a floppy disc? Yeah, there's people have no clue about that. But when you're dealing with technology that this out of date. When airline CEOs were asked about President Trump's pledge to upgrade the air traffic control system.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's music to their ears. They're thinking thank you.
Speaker 3: Because for decades we've heard politicians talk about the need to do so, but when it came time to deliver the money, crickets never seemed to happen, or they might get a trickle of what they needed. It was never, ever, ever, ever a priority. And I've said so many times with you when we talked that the economy of the nation, an integral part of that is the aviation network that has the distribution of passengers, luggage, cargo, all that kind of stuff and bags and freight and all the mail and everything else. And when that is hampered, it impacts adversely our economy. And why it's never been a priority is maddening to me. And because I recognize it's a very thin thread. Now some people are using the term jay it's unsafe to fly. Now, It's not as safe as we would like. But I will not cross that threshold. I'm saying it's not safe to fly because if I did think that, I would make it very clear to you and everybody else how I felt. I'm not at that point yet, ye, But it is because we're making the adjustments because the FAA, if there's too much traffic going into the Northeast, they do this every day. If it's needed, they do a ground stop. If for a flight from Atlanta or from cincinnati's about to head to New York uh uh, a ground stop, time out until we get the airspace thinned, and then we will let you take off and then you can enter the network. As far as heading in that direction, they control it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: It's aggravating, and it's certainly something that the technology would allow us to be more efficient at what we do. So there's just a lot of things there that need to happen, but they all take considerable time. And some of the stuff President Trump is beginning now, to me, is a lot like his Supreme Court appointments that he gave us first time around, when he gave us three Supreme Court justices. It's something that for the next twenty years is going to impact this country.
Speaker 4: So as long as he's.
Speaker 3: Allowed to finish what he's doing on the getting this stuff implemented for aviation, it's gonna change things for us for the next fifteen twenty years, and it's going to be great.
Speaker 4: Not that he'll ever get any credit for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's needed, and I'm just glad we've got a president who's saying, Hey, this has got to get fixed, and I'm gonna make sure it gets gets done Well.
Speaker 1: Army helicopter is causing problems again. We'll hear one more from Jay RATTLEFF after these brief words. Stick around fifty five KRC the talk station. One more time for the Channel nine one forecast. Scattered showers and storms showing up around noontime. Hail possible in some areas. May get an inchur raye seventy for the highdaydays. Overnight clouds decrease, drop into forty five a sunny Friday with the pleasant sixty seven high forty four overnight again with sparse clouds and Saturday partly Friday skies. A dry weekend. Saturday's high seventy one closing out at sixty two. Time for final traffic Chuck Ingram from the.
Speaker 2: U Scout Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second count. So that's why you See Health is the clear choice for a rapid life saving treatment. Learn more at u seehealth dot com. Highway traffic continues to improve. Southbound seventy five clearing up between Tidlersville and Union Center after an earlier accident.
Speaker 4: We're still running slow in and out of Ackland.
Speaker 2: The heaviest traffic on northbound seventy five is out of Erlanger into the Cut and southbound seventy one, often on the breaks between Peiffer and Redbank. Shot King ramon fifty five kr SE the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey forty nine if you about KRC Detalks station One more segment with Jay Ratliff.
Speaker 4: I heart me the aviation expert.
Speaker 1: Kay, what is with the Army helicopters feeling the need to fly close to the DCA airport?
Speaker 4: It should be happening. I know, It's just so simple.
Speaker 1: After me, That's why I'm so frustrated a BYuT this I read about the first time, Like, wait a second, they're flying into planes that are either landing or taking off. Why do they need to be anywhere near that obviously dangerous situation area?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Sean Duffy echoes your sentiment completely because he's furious because it's been clear stated where these helicopters are to be, and apparently, from what we're being told, someone headed to the Pentagon wanted the scenic tour.
Speaker 4: The scenic route. So some of the.
Speaker 3: Previous you know, guidelines mandates were totally disregarded by somebody. As it happened, not once or twice we had a Delta Airlines and Republic Airlines flight both had to go around when again, we had an army helicopter that was in the proximity of their approach. And when you lose sixty seven lives and you say we're going to learn from that by making things better, this is what we're going to do, it makes no sense to me why that would be totally disregarded, because then my question is, if sixty seven lives isn't enough, what on God's green Earth does it cake for us to make those necessary changes, because please, it just it's maddening, but it continues to happen.
Speaker 4: So I don't know, we know who the commander in chief is.
Speaker 3: Somebody's gonna answer for it because you just cannot allow that kind of stuff to happen, and we'll see where.
Speaker 4: It goes, yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: But you know, sort of bizarre in all of this is the idea that you know damn well that the pilot of that helicopter had heard about the collision with the airplane and the prior helicopter knew about it, and yet nonetheless took basically the same.
Speaker 4: Path that if he's ordered to if he's ordered to.
Speaker 1: Do so, well, someone's head needs to roll right there. I mean, you talk about the commander in.
Speaker 3: Chief because you're you're placing lives at risks. I'm in total agreement. I think a firing squad's a little extreme, but I think something's got to be done because it just how you've got to honor the lives of those that were lost, but making changes and adhering to those change and Brian when they don't, it's beyond idiotic and aconite. Yes, it's irresponsible, and you're placing lives at risk willingly, and that's why something's got to be done. And I suspect something will be done, and I suspect we will know when something's been done.
Speaker 4: I'd like to think we will.
Speaker 1: And the other component of this, it's not like you're high you can sneak by and get away with it. You're on your I mean, it's well documented where you are. It's on radar. They can see you. So look, what the hell's the helicopter doing there anyway.
Speaker 3: This silists are ticked and they're going to make sure somebody. They may not, but it's going to hit social media somewhere. I can promise you.
Speaker 4: That, yes, it will. All right.
Speaker 1: We always part with hub delays, Jay Ratliff, what's going on out there in the world of air travel other than the fact that we want to stay the hell away to Newarks when Newark?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that one for a while.
Speaker 3: We've got a lot of rain that's in the area across the country. It's yet to impact any major hubs.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Obviously, as the day progresses, the afternoon storms that we've been talking about might start to impact some flight activity to GDS Atlanta and Charlotte. But other than that, I think that it's going to be probably the best day of.
Speaker 4: The week weatherwise we've had to fly. And that's saying something because it's been a it's been a rough week.
Speaker 1: It sure has. Jay again, great scene yesterday, better seeing your better half. It's always great to have you on the fifty five. Care that's all right? Please do When she wakes up, you can tell her and I'll look forward to another great segment with you next Thursday. Have a wonderful week on My Friend You Too, Thank You Day fifty three to fifty five car Se detalk station. John Zinzer joined the program earlier. He's with Save Hyde Park Square, which is Savehyde Parksquare dot org. If you're upset about what happened to Hyde Park and you want to have some control over your zoning and you don't like the monstrosity that they are going to put there, and if you haven't seen what it looks like, go to Save Hyde Park Square dot org and look at the illustration of it.
Speaker 4: It's insane.
Speaker 1: If you're upset about the fact that Cincinna City Council didn't listen to you, ignored you and the rest of theighborhoods too. I can throw in connected communities on that they need fifteen thousand signatures by May twenty third. Get a petition. If you're a resident of the City of Cincinnati, Save Hyde Park Square dot org.
Speaker 4: You can even be.
Speaker 1: A circulator, a signature collector. You can coordinate collecting events, maybe like show up at farmers' markets. There's all kinds of ways to help out, but at minimum, if you're a resident of the City of Cincinnati, I think you owe it to your own community, and you ought to help out Hyde Park and what the city council did to them ignoring their will. I mean, our elected officials are supposed to serve the will the people. And you talk about bond Hill, the same thing happened to them. But basically I would argue every neighborhood in Cincinnati had connected communities thrown down upon them and they had no say in it. So everyone's had this done to them in the city. So sign the petition.
Speaker 4: It's easy to do.
Speaker 1: What was the website again, Save Hyde Park Square dot org. So John and you can listen to the podcast my Stations with John. He's a really intelligent guy. I enjoyed talking and the doctor James Thorpe, his book Sacrificed, How the deadliest vaccine and history target are the most vulnerable, went off on a tangent. I don't know that we need to blame Satan for the activities of these crazy people with money trying to tell us what to do and foisting an extraordinarily dangerous vaccine upon us. Perhaps with and he's convinced nefarious purposes. I think people can act nefariously and with evil intent. Without Satan standing there whispering in their ear. But you believe what you want to believe, all right. Doctor Thorpe thinks that Satan was involved. However, he's still a brilliant doctor. He's well documented as being a brilliant doctor, and he definitely saw firsthand what COVID nineteen, the consequence of COVID nineteen, and apparently it's very well documented out there, multiple books on the subject matter. They hid all of that from us. Jay Ratliff, of course podcast fifty five KRC dot com. I hope you can tune in tomorrow. Tech Friday with Dave had an important segment that you need to listen to every Friday, sixth th day. There'll be more going on the program tomorrow. Thank you Joe Strecker as always for the production of the program and for lining up the guests. Couldn't do the show without you, my friend. It's eight fifty six. Stick around, Glenbeck's coming right up. Stay on top of the day's biggest stories at the top of the.
Speaker 4: Hour, and that's so important.
Speaker 1: Another update coming up on fifty five KRC the talkstation. This report is sponsored by twenty twenty five FIFA