Speaker 1: Wait for it, seven o six. I think about KCV talks today. Jam Bryan Thomas here with Instudia bring him down from the Hudson Institute. Were just going back over his record, and not only is he a energy policy expert, he's also retired military as a naval aviator. He spent time in Dever desert storm. He's been in with the IDF in Israel, and so he kind of has a real good perception of things going on in the Middle East. So maybe we'll get to that as a matter of topic. Brigham, great to see you today, my friend. It's always a pleasure to have you around. Brian, thanks so much, wonderful. Hudson dot org is where you find the Hudson Institute and they're all over everything, so make sure you bookmark Hudson dot org and look donate. You can help them out with what they do. Let's start with before we dive in a whole bunch of other things, and we could go on for hours and hours. Oh real quick, and I'll try to remind folks a little bit again further into this discussion with Brigham. But Charged Conversations is his podcast, so you might want to search for that where you get your podcasts, including the iHeartMedia app, so search for charged conversations. And how's that been going for you? With the podcast?
Speaker 2: It's been going pretty well. You know.
Speaker 3: We put out one every other week and trying to delve into topics that are both informational and timely.
Speaker 1: And of course the name of the podcast suggests what it's about.
Speaker 2: In this energy.
Speaker 3: Policy it is, and it's also the controversy surrounding energy and some of the broader topics related to energy.
Speaker 1: Well, and we'll definitely move on to that right now. Let us begin. I was joking with brigand when he came in, I said, so, have you had to sit down with Kamala Harrison actually asked her and did she tell you what her energy policy is? Because part of the problem we've got going on here is that she has a record, and it's not that old. Twenty nineteen was when she was running for president the United States of America. We know how far that got her. She had to drop out because she couldn't find a single human being alive that was willing to think that she was a great candidate. And we know how that all worked out. But no fracking, for example, is one of the things she uttered. She's all in the Green New Deal. She took responsibility and credit for this Green New Deal that was what cloaked as the Inflation Reduction Actor or something like that, among other multi trillion dollar bills that were passed that have obviously had an inflationary effect on our economy, but in favor of banning fracking, for example. I mean, that's I mean, these tumultuous times we live in, going back to Middle East and elsewhere, that's dangerous.
Speaker 3: Gosh, Brian, she's such a center of the road candidate on these type of topics.
Speaker 1: Oh, you can talk to the mainstream media lately, haven't.
Speaker 3: The legacy media, right? You know what's really what I find really interesting about this year. Obviously we're in unchartered territory.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: We have never had a presidential nominee not go through a primary process to be vetted and have millions of people vote for them. And I think, you know, the primary process is the way that we vet candidates, and it's we're exactly We're used to this open primary process where other people can go, hey, Brian, I agree with you on that, or I don't agree with you on this.
Speaker 2: And that has all.
Speaker 1: Been you know, thrown by the wayside.
Speaker 3: And so I think you know his exit, Biden's exit, you know who is Kamala Harris and who's she all about? And it's interesting that the legacy media is trying to reintroduce her, rehabilitate her, and honestly, I think it's the third or fourth time they've done that already. They you know, hard reset, hard reset, But you can't get away from what she says. And regardless of what she says today, we have to take her and believe that she is honest in her opinions. And we don't have to go back that far to find these things that you've just mentioned well.
Speaker 1: And you know, most recently, and I know it's unrelated to any particular policy position, but she was part of this effort to hide from the rest of the world. What we obviously could tell with our own eyes is that Joe Biden was losing his marbles. I mean she did, she was is she engaged in the cover up? Who met with Joe Biden more than Kamala Harris. I think they have her down as having sat down and had internal meetings with the more than eighty times She's obviously has a presence in the White House and can see how he is react to other people's interactions with Joe Biden because you know, they didn't keep their opinions for themselves. Gee, Joe's not doing real well. You know, those conversations took place, and yet there she was out talking about how he's the most the sharpest knife in the drawer and the most astute. I can't even keep up with it myself. It was a bunch of crap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know it's it was the worst kept secret in DC for for several years. I mean, people that are in DC have known this for a long time that you know, sadly, you know, Joe Biden of today is not that Joe Biden from twenty years ago. And I think had he not been able to hide out in the basement in twenty twenty during COVID, we would have realized it back then.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Well, in this bump in the polls, this collective sigh of relief from the Democrats, clearly they are happy that they don't have the bumbling Joe Biden around to deal with anymore. Obviously they were aware of it, which is one of the reasons why you can attribute a bumping the polls with Kamala Harris over Joe Biden. It's just that she's not Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: No, she's not. And but you know, this is what they have left. And part of those discussions were, well, could we have a many primary, could we get other people in?
Speaker 1: And then they intentionally ran on the clock on that one, didn't.
Speaker 2: They They did.
Speaker 3: In fact, they moved it up, right, They moved all these deadlines up. And you know, so they are behind Kamala until they're not any longer. But you know, talking about her, it's interesting, there is something I agree with her about, and that is that paper for straws don't work very well. Now she still wants to ban plastic straws, but she is on the record as saying, you know, they're not strong enough. You get halfway through your drink and they fold in half. So but that doesn't deter her or people like her from pursuing these ideological, foundational crazy policies.
Speaker 1: Well, crazy policies that are usually predicated on the concept that you and I simply breathing is killing the planet. Is that true?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, but you know you're right, you talk about the Green New Deal. You're worn around when the glaciers melted. We weren't around during the Many Ice Age, or at least we didn't have SUVs during that period of time. And we could go on ad nauseum for all the things that happened relative to climate change, which does exist, that of course humans had nothing to do with it. How is it that this time the climate is changing as it is wont to do since the dawn of the earth, that we're responsible this time and it isn't some other natural phenomena like sun maybe volcanic eruptions, massive wildfires, or anything else that puts particulate into the atmosphere.
Speaker 3: So you know, on the energy side, and thinking of that, the United States has reduced our greenhouse if you were to assume, let me back up, if you were to assume just for a second, that we are responsible for all this. Number one, we have reduced our emissions while other countries like China and India have not. And by the way, twenty twenty three, and I predict now in twenty twenty four will be the most coal used in the world on record.
Speaker 1: That would not surprise me. Because our energy demands globally are increasing dramatically.
Speaker 3: Yes, and with the advent of AI data centers, we need more energy, not less. So it's really important that, Yeah, we should all be good stewards in the environment. I don't think anything. I don't think anybody is saying that we shouldn't be. But the same token, we have to be able to walk and chew gum. And you know, getting back to Kamala for a minute, you know, she was a supporter of the Green New Deal. She cast the tie breaking vote in the Senate for the Inflation Reduction Act, which, by the way, had nothing to do with reducing In fact, it was.
Speaker 1: An embarrassingly stupid name piece of legislation. But they had the nerve to call that the Inflation Reduction Act is just a reflection of their perception of Americans collective stupidity when it comes to legislation.
Speaker 2: You're not wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think I'm right. That's why I said it out loud. I got to be on records. Somebody's recording this right now, perfect for replay later. Thomas, you said this, and it's like, yeah, I said it, and I believed it when I said it, and I have a feeling I'll believe that ten years hence absolutely, let's pause seven fifty. We're going to continue more detail with Brigamagun about energy policy generally, Kamala Harris's version specifically, and some other developments that are going on globally that the Hudson Ins Too comments on and reports on regularly again Hudson dot org. First, though, my friends at Colin Electric would love to hear from you, Andrew Colin. He's got a great team of electricians. They're all of course licensed, they're great a customer services. You might expect you're inviting them into your home. You'd like to hope that the person comes over has respect for and trust me, they do. They are wonderful what they do. I have illustrations of all kinds of project that Colin have done for me over the years of my home. The canlights, some outlet installs, the whole house generator they wired up for me. Go on. They do great work. Ten year wiring warranty. I've got that for every single project, as will you, regardless of how big or small the project is. And you know the thing I like to mention from time to time, the whole house surge protector. I mean for any reason, Colin is your house doing any project you might want to consider having that added on. It is outside of your circuit box, so it stops any surges of electricity from even entering your home. That's a real peace of mind giver right there. So you don't have to worry about frying out electronics or whether that you know light bar that you've got things plugged into is actually going to work. Take care of the whole house with that one, just one thing you consider doing. But for any electric project, confidently call my friends at Culin Electric. The number is five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two. Online you'll find them at Cullen c U L L E N. Colin Electriccincinnati dot com.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station. When you're way to our twenty twenty four iHeart Radio Music Festival presented by Capital on seventeen to twentieth and twenty first.
Speaker 2: Team Obil Arena Here in Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Time for the nine first forty one The forecast Today it's mostly sundy day with a high of eighty three now at sixty four overnight with player skies, warmer and Cuban tomorrow with a high of eighty six sixty four overnight with a few class Uh. Thursday is going to be sunny, they say, but chances showers after two pm eighty seven for the high on Thursday. Right now, I'm looking at sixty five. Time for traffic.
Speaker 2: Chuck from the UC Hub Triumphing Center.
Speaker 4: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanter from multicultural communities get the gift of vife. Sign up today to be an organ donor. Satbound seventy five brank lights through the Lachland Split for an extra three to four Getting better now from Meser Charles into northern Kentucky. There was a broken down in the center lanes, but they got over to the shoulder and out of the way. There's a wreck on Union Cemetery at Montgomery. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty fifty five KRCD talk station Brian Thomas with in studio Brigham Acounts from the Hudson Institute Hudson dot Organs where you find Brigham. He's an energy policy expert. He does a podcast which you can find easily charged conversations where he does a you know, a deep dive in all this speaking of deep dives with the Daniel Davis Deep Dive normally on days like today, but not today. We get bright part coming up at eighty five with Joel, Paul Locke and Jason Williams from the Inquire Should the County think about moving the Bengals to the Burbs? His op edd on, that's hilarious, Brigham, and I can imagine building a two billion dollar stadium. I anyway, we're not going down that way. We're gonna jump back energy policy. I whatever your thoughts are, and I don't want to steer in a different direction, but man, the question is burning back in the back of my mind. The solution to the globes problems with energy is non carbon producing nuclear power plants. Modern ones. They're modular, they're easy to build, one size fits all, they can go anywhere. Just don't build them in a blank and tsunami zone. Stupid, stupid, stupid stupid. So yeah, Fukushima would still be there if they had built it about one hundred feet higher above the ground. I'm just I know, I'm on a stream of consciousness tear here. But don't you think Trump would gain some advantage by saying we are going to be the world's leader in the production and creation of nuclear power plants, which will serve and solve all of our energy needs. There's an article on the Wall Street General today about artificial intelligence in the amount that's going to cause everyone's power bills to go up. There's not sufficient generation, right, No.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, well, I think you're absolutely right. I look, we've made some missteps with nuclear power in the past. Right, You've got Chernobyl three my island. Okay, I know it was fifty years ago that was closer to World War two today.
Speaker 1: Right, Listen, it ain't nineteen seventy, it's anymore.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 3: And even the Japanese have now sort of reversed themselves and said, oh, we need to build nuclear power plants, we should just probably not build them in tsunamism and so that, And I think if you look, even the vast majority of Americans, especially younger Americans, support nuclear power. We just brought a new reactor online down South, a voctal reactor. Our problem with nuclear power is typically we don't do very well at building them in the past. They're behind schedule, they're over budget. We're our own worst enemy, and that can be fixed with these new modular reactors.
Speaker 1: Exactly this year. The giant cooling tower plants of old, their footprint in terms of size is comparatively tiny. The waste issues have mostly been resolved. There is a minimum amount of overall waste. You can take all the global waste in the world and put it in one site like that Yuca Mountain facility. It would still all fit, and they'd still have room for more down the road. But I meant it's not an existential threat to have nuclear waste or to deal with it. Nuclear power is powering right now, the aircraft carriers that are on the way to the Middle East, and they never have to be refueled. I know the submarines the same way. We've been using nuclear power safely and efficiently and effectively with military for decades as well. I don't see a problem here.
Speaker 3: There isn't one. We just need to beat a little bit smarter how we build them. And if you look at us nuclear reactors that are currently in existence, you go to each one, every single one is different. They're engineered slightly different. Again, We've got to get out of our way. And the idea behind these modular nuclear reactor designs is that they will be licensed and then it's like a car, you just keep producing the same thing over and over and they can be tied together. After all, all we're using the nuclear energy for is to heat water to spin power turbines to create electricity.
Speaker 1: Right, it's not that hard. And you would think, given that the globe has a really really hot core that you drill down far enough it's as hot as it can be, you could make a free, non nuclear weight energy using steam turbines just simply with geothermal.
Speaker 3: There are people working on that, and I'm sure some of your listeners may have geothermal. I do heating and cooling, okay, And how does it work for you?
Speaker 1: Wonderfully? There you go absolutely very few moving parts and a warranty like a fifty year warranty on the loop, and I mean, it's just it's outstanding.
Speaker 3: Well, I think your big point is, and if we look back to the Trump years, and look, I didn't agree with Trump on everything, right, I don't think we've I've agree with any president one hundred percent of what they do. But he understands the power literally that energy provides this country. It's a source of economic stability, it's a source of national security, and energy security is very important. And we are blessed with all of these abundant natural resources that a lot of countries don't have.
Speaker 1: And up until this moment in history, we were blessed with administration after administration that had no problem tapping into it or using it for our collective benefit. And that's what happened. The world noticed that the United States, with free markets and capitalism and all the wonderful glories that go along with free speech and your right to move and travel and start and establish your own life and make your own decisions, created the greatest, most powerful country in the planet or on the planet, and to take away energy would wreck that model. And sometimes I'm very, very firmly of mind that that's exactly the point. Hook us up to a grid run by windmills and solar panels with limited availability and comparatively small production of energy compared to what we're used to, or compared to what nuclear would bring, allows us to continue to be the most prosperous country in the world under our business model.
Speaker 3: It absolutely does and that's why I think it's this election coming up is going to be very important, and you know, getting back to charge conversations for just a second. We dive in depth in our last episode into what is Kamala Harris's views on energy and just a tidbit, one of her last acts as the California Attorney General, just weeks before she went into the US Senate, she sued Now think about this, Kamala Harris sued the Obama administration over its plan to allow fracking off of the Pacific coast.
Speaker 1: He can't make that kind of you cannot make this up right, continue to Briga McCown. We'll get maybe you have to elaborate on that one a little bit. Anyway. Meantime, Lean Arrow Business Consultants, if you're a business and you are responsible for the business, you know that sometimes it isn't the well oroe machine that you're business should be. And that's where Lean Arrow Business Consultants comes in. Their consultants have literally decades of fortune five hundred company experience, so they've seen the well oiled machines. They've seen the good, the bad, and everything in between, and they know with their business diagnostic that they're going to be able to identify as areas in your business that are hindering performance. Maybe you're operating too expensively. Maybe how about redesigning your business processors and systems to deliver optimal results. Employee retention can be one of those results. Improvement in bottom line, a better morale for your employees. It's all part of their comprehensive business system diagnostic, which they know how to do from all these years of experience problem solving looking into everything that's going on in business right now. This is a great thing because you're like, I wonder if lean ARALLC can help me. Maybe if you're a qualified business, they're going to do a complementary business diagnostic by a diagnostic for you and you can fill out a form to see if you're if I just go to the website where you can learn more about what they can do for your company. That's LEANERROWLC dot com, LEANEROWLLC dot com. Or you can give Doug a call directly. The number is five or no, I'm sorry nine three seven two seven one ten ninety three nine three seven two seven one ten ninety three fifty five KRC between the line recording to the Channel nine. It's gonna be mostly Sunday today with a high of eighty three sixty four, the overnight low with clear skies tomorrow humid, more humid anyway, and high of eighty six overnight you clouds sixty four Sunday on Thursday with a chance of showers after two high of eighty seven right now sixty seven. Traffic time.
Speaker 4: From the UCL Traffic Center. Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanner from multicultural communities give the Gift of Life. Sign up today to be an organ donor. Cruis are working with the new accident. It's westbound two seventy fives ran up to forty two in Sharonville. I'm not seeing huge delay there as of yet. Southbound seventy five slows out of Lachland better at the Brand Spence. They earlier broken down in Covington. Who is now clear out of the center lane. Northbound seventy five slows from Buttermilk Chuck Ingram on fifty five KAR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: It is a thirty two here fifty five KO. See the talk station. Talking policy among well energy policy. Anyway, We're gonna pivot over to the Middle East policy with my guest Brigham account from Hudson and Stuity, who does have a big connection with the Middle East. He's been there several times and knows quite a bit of what's going on. In the meantime, we're talking energy policy, and of course I expressed my lament over the lack of nuclear power entering into the discussion very often, if at all, seems me Donald Trump could seize on that. We talked about the modern modular nuclear plants that are all exactly the same cookie cutters. You have cheaper production, quicker build times, and massive, massive production of electricity. Question before we move that subject and go over to the concept of environmental justice and equity, which I know Kamala Harris is all over and I don't even know what that means. Can I ask, is the answer to the question why the climate alarmist don't embrace nuclear power? Is it because of what I pointed out before, because it allows us to continue on this massive power production at low cost consumptive reality of what we have achieved so far, or how we've been able to live large so far. We don't want abundant power period because that allows us to be too consumptive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brian, I think it is embedded in the ideological philosophy of some of these folks that there's some subconscious level they want to be mediocre. They are embarrassed by success, they're embarrassed by America standing in the world, and instead of like your eye, seeing this as a positive piece where we help lead the world, see it quite the opposite. And so it's about holding us back at.
Speaker 1: This point, Yeah, limiting our consumption, limiting our ability to travel, moving us into tiny homes, limiting on what we can eat, what our selections are in terms of food, and what's available to us by way, you know, like beef for example, or anything else has been demonized as something that is absolutely so terrible for the globe and the climate that we shouldn't even be able to eat a steak.
Speaker 2: So I think if you look back to.
Speaker 3: Great presidence in the past, Ronald Reagan comes to mind, it's about pulling people up. We have a duty to go out and actually be a uniter, something Biden said he was going to do. Remember that was and we voted for him because he was going to be the uniter in chief.
Speaker 2: But and Allo, you know, seriousness.
Speaker 3: Reagan talked about American exceptionalism and how we had a duty to help others out come up to our standard. We didn't need to drop to a lesser standard. And I think you know, what you're seeing today is just that we need to lower our expectations.
Speaker 1: And isn't that funny that we will lower our expectations. We will collectively cut our throats in the name of saving the planet. And what will we do with that money that they take away in terms of carbon taxes and credits and things of that nature. We're going to give it to the third world countries because they deserve it and need to be elevated. So not to the degree that there that they would be elevated to an American consumptive level. No, no, no, but just at least take a third world nation and move it up to a second world status, and then reduce the first world nations down to a second world status. So we're all sort of collectively miserable.
Speaker 3: We are all the same, which is a fundamental tentative Marxist philosophy.
Speaker 1: According to his ability, yes, according.
Speaker 3: To his need, to his needs. And that is one of the problems I have. I don't have any problem with us being fair and equitable as far as opportunity is concerned, that's different. That is different, right, But equity means equivalent out come. I would love to be an NBA basketball star.
Speaker 1: That's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: That's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I won't be one either.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think that's that's I'll voutsay that. But that's a you know, that's one of the fundamental policy differences we have. And you know, if we look at how important energy has been next to the cost of ourselves and raw materials, it's what makes or breaks a society. And if we look at Europe right now, especially Germany after their failed green policies and the ultimate reliance on Russian oil and gas.
Speaker 1: What twisted reality that turned into.
Speaker 3: It has turned into. They have now sky high energy prices because they were not energy independent, and we are seeing significant reductions in their GDP and loss of industrialization. They don't they're losing their factories, they're losing their ability to make things. And I think it's a tail tale sign for America.
Speaker 1: Canary in the coal mine, folks see unfold in real time. It's kind of like a watch in Venezuela. Right here. Ther point you go from a sort of a free market reality to pure socialism nationalizing oil companies, and the place turns into hell in a handbasket, and every single person with the ability to leave has already left. Sir SEV fifty five K City Talk Station More with Briga McGowan coming up. Speaking of energy, USA Installation's Premium Foam is an energy saver. You're going to save money on your energy bill. The bill keeps going up for a variety of reasons. Draw your own conclusions, but you're paying more for the same quantity of energy this year than you were last year, and it's going to continue in that direction. I think we can all rest assured that that's gonna happen. Premium Foam and the extray walls of your home will reduce your energy connumption consumption, ie, save you money. It will also immediately make your home more comfortable. It takes less than a day to foam the average home. You pay for the walls. USA will four free insulate your attic so you're fully insulated comfort. You will noticeably you have noticeable improvement and comfort the very day they do it. And then again every single month you'll be saving money in your energy bill. And then here's your dangling care from the federal government next year when you're doing your taxes is if you do the phone this year, they're going to give you a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit, which is like taking twelve hundred dollars off the top of the cost pays for itself. Call for the free inspection under insulated homes or non insulated homes. You're both going to benefit extraordinarily so from USA. So go to us insulation dot net to learn more. Three eight one three sixty two sixty five one three three eight one foam.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station would and limping a turn.
Speaker 1: Here's your nine first forty one to four CASS. Go to be mostly sunny day to day with a high of eighty three down to sixty four overnight, the clear skies. Tomorrow humid. I have eighty six. It'll be nice overnight with partly cloudy skies in the lowest sixty four eighty seven in the high on Thursday, with a slight chance of showers after two pm. Looking at sixty five degrees right now. It's not for traffic.
Speaker 2: Chuck from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 4: Nearly sixty percent of the Americans waiting on an organ transplant from multicultural communities give the gift of vibes. Sign up today to be an organ donor. Chris, continue to work for the wreck North Pound seventy five left Blane's block just before you get to the bridge at traffic now backing up pasts buttermilk and over a ten minute delay in growing. There's a request Pound two seventy five sramp to Mothstellar and cleaning up on Union Cemetery at Montgomery. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven two. If you have KRCD talk station, can you find them on line at Hudson dot org. You find them a line at Charged Conversations the podcast to search where you find your podcast, you'll run into my guest today, Brigham Account from the Hudson It's too talking energy policy, among other things. If we exhausted the topic, we obviously know we need abundant energy. Artificial intelligence is going to absorb I think all the new energy we can produce. See today's Wall Street Journal on the impact on your personal electric bill for the realities of artificial intelligence coming to the equation and banning fracking and drilling and everything else related to this so called evil fossil fuels would ruin our economy and set us up for well, I suppose it's an It provides an opportunity for threats from abroad to take advantage of us as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really does.
Speaker 3: And I think the bottom line is if you look back to pro energy presidents, you see lower fuel prices. And I think I just gassed up the other day at three point fifty. That's outrageous, right, and that's for regular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I led I pump premium, so mine was more like four to fifty.
Speaker 3: And last weekend in California, I gassed up at almost six. So if you want that, well.
Speaker 1: You know what, Yeah, that's exactly when you're getting you know. I always go back to this when Obamas started on all this crap, we married the country to this green New deal al Gore inspired nonsense. His point was the price will necessarily go up. The point of all these policies was to make it go up. See you quit driving your damn cars. They wanted to ruin you financially. They didn't have any substitute for transportation back then. But boy, they were happy to take all those gas guzzler cars. Those older Let me underscore affordable used cars from the market and destroy them and take them from out of your grasp.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very simple. Government policy, right, picks winners and losers. If we like you, we give you subsidies. If we don't like you, we tax you, we regulate you, We figure out ways to make your cost of doing business go up. And you know, Biden will take credit for Hey, we have more oil and gas being produced this year in America than ever before. But that's in spite of his policies. You know, we wouldn't have three fifty dollars gas.
Speaker 1: Private land. Oh, if you can only get his hands on private land, all that fracking that was done on in Pennsylvania. My wife grew up in an area where they had abundant fracking, and trust me, the area residents around Little Avella, Pennsylvania are really really happy with the royalty checks they are getting. They all got new tractors, they all built new barns for their farms. They also have brand new roads and new infrastructure brought to them because of the fracking companies that came in and bought the mineral rights for the various properties around there. So you know, it works and it puts a smile on people's face, and gee, we need the energy.
Speaker 3: We do, and it grows that economic pie, which means there's more for all of us.
Speaker 1: Crazy crazy that there's your equity. One more of Brigham McGowan. We will talk Middle East. We come back because I want to get to thoughts on the well, it looks like war's getting ready to break out some forty five but if I care see the talk station. Emory Federal Credit Union was there yesterday for the Emery Golf outing, a great showing and for a wonderful cause. Emory's all about helping out the local community and that was the Children's Hospital Charitable Care Fund that benefited from that wonderful golf outing. I hope everybody had a great time. Good seeing mo Egger over there, our sports guy, and uh Mo's actually speaking for Emory now as well, so good he's on board the team, and with good reason, because Emory is a better way to bank. And they opened the doors eighty five years ago, and in celebration of that, they're doing discounts and public events, and one of those going on right now. What a great thing. Booster savings deposits with a certificate rate as high as five point two percent for six months. Five point two for six months is one of the things they're celebrating about and passing along the celebratory mood to you. Certain restrictions apply. It is a limited time offer. So to get all the details and learn about other events and specials going on and the benefits of banking with Emory, go to Emory FCU dot org. EMORYFCU dot org NMLS number four zero one zero. It's seven federally ensured by NCUA, Equal Housing Lender fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Going to be clear in sixty four, Warmer with more humidity in a high of eighty six Hartley, cloudy sky's over nineteen of sixty four and sunny with a chance of hours after two on Thursday eighty seven for the high sixty seven degrees now ayber traffic from.
Speaker 2: The UC out Traffic Center.
Speaker 4: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transvanner from multicultural communities give the Gift of life. Sign up today to be an organ donor more problems northbound seventy five, A new accident in two seventy five and Erlinger blocks the left lane. Cruise just cleared the wreck just before the bridge that was blocking the left lane. You're looking at over a twenty minute delay between Florence and downtown southbound seventy five slows from Shepard through Wachland westbound two seventy five, getting reports of an accident on the ramp to Montgomery Road.
Speaker 2: Chuck Ingram and fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty fifty five ker Seed de talk station coming up off the cover of the Our News's going to hear from Joe Paul Wrightbird, a senior editor at large, and we'll get the bright part inside scoop. Who really has the momentum, Kamala Harris or Donald Trump? And meanwhile trying to get Trump to stay on message rather the name call be more important. He could talk energy policy as we are right now with Brigham account from Hudson Institute, but they could also talk about the deteriorating situation in the Middle East, and I wanted to get your thoughts and comments on that as we send a new carrier group over and a Tomahawk launching submarine and projecting and letting everybody over there know that that stuff is on the way or they are already. We heard from my submarine or friend Curbage Mike, who served as country Nobly about that submarine. He said, those things are wicked and they are stealthy, and they really can launch those one thousand mile range tomahawks and virtually no time. So that is certainly a deterrent effect you're on. But what's your take on what's going on over there right now?
Speaker 3: Well, it's always been an area of significant instability right in my entire life. And you know, I was in Desert Storm. I think that was a righteous fight to expel Hussaying from Kuwait. I regret that, you know, we went back a second time, I think.
Speaker 1: Under false pretense.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I think there was a lot of confusion the second time, But if you look at it, I think the senior Bush got it right. Hussein may not be, you know, buying girl Scout cookies, but he was a hedge against Iran, and it kept the power equilibrium stable over there, and when you don't have that, you have a vacuum, right, and Iran nothing against the Persian people, the citizens, but obviously a very antagonistic government who wants the destruction of Israel, who wants instability. I think we have to keep in mind and stop trying to talk like people like it's you or I having a conversation with our values. The enemies of America do not share the same values. They don't want there to be peace because they reject a US led global world order and how we view these things. So the fact that you know, Trump had maximum pressure with Mike Pompeo during his term on Iran.
Speaker 2: We moved the embassy to Jerusalem.
Speaker 3: Where it had been law for I don't know, twenty thirty years, and nobody had the gumption to do it, and we had Iran on the ropes. Since then, this administration is unfrozen billions of dollars in Iranian funds. It's encouraged bad behavior. And you know, it is indescribable that Iron launched hundreds of weapons against Israel, and Biden says, take the win, and now we're back for round two, and guess what it's going to be bigger.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's what everyone keeps saying. You know, it's almost like any moment hell, it could have started while we were talking this morning. Yeah, And you know, I don't know whether they're right or not. I know they have intelligence and they can do satellite and look at where troops are moving and where equipment's being moved, and a lot of that's going on. It'll be based on the reporting I read this morning, But you don't know what it's going to happen. But you're right on that they don't share our perspective. So while one might think that appeasing the Iranians and freeing up their funds and their assets and trying to play nice with them might help welcome them into this collective we had and we can we can all negotiate peace and Israel can exist and you guys can trade with each other. I mean, the idea of that is so foreign to them. It's like denying Christ to a Christian. You know, you just that's just not going to go anywhere.
Speaker 3: It's not And and and you know, we learned our own lesson in that. Oh, if we just invade Iraq, we can make them all you know, they'll vote and they'll be it doesn't It doesn't work, guys, And so you have to deal with people where you find them. I hear that from my friends on the left all the time, and with the case of Iran, you do yeah, and you need to talk to them in their language. You need to explain to them they like Russia, China, respect powers. It's the doctrine of massive retaliation created by the Israelis. I call it the Chicago way. If you go back to the nineteen twenties and you meet force with overwhelming counter force, that's how you stop bad behavior.
Speaker 1: Indeed, and considering the size and relative strength of our militaries, it shouldn't be a real issue. I mean, I say that knowing Rush has now been fighting Ukrainians for three years with all the best hardware and whatever's about available and out there on the open market for arms. But I'd like to think we could dispatch Iran very quickly and hopefully before they get a nuclear weapon. And I in passing since we can bring this full full circle back to energy policy. They're talking about how this is going to impact this widening Mid East war impact global oil supply, and that any Iran launch and our retaliation could result in embargoes on Iranian crude exports, which apparently don't have going on right now affecting one and a half millions of barrel per day supply on the global market, Meaning the Iranians are selling that evil commodity oil which we won't even allow ourselves to drill on our own land here in the United States. It's on the open market right now. We could sanction them right now, we could take that away from them, their ability to trade it, and yet we don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we haven't.
Speaker 3: And by the way, that Keystone pipeline that never got built, that's about a million and a half barrels a day.
Speaker 2: Right there.
Speaker 1: There you go, another questionable question mark over as we put it back to Kamala Harrison, what is her energy policy? Well, you know what she's voted for in the past. You know what her on record statements are. Don't be fooled by the mainstream media who is trying to recharacterize her as something that she is not. Bring him out and always a pleasure man. Keep up the great work. We're checking out your podcast, Charged Conversations, where you do a far more in depth analysis of this kind of thing. And I'll look forward to having you back in studio. Thanks Brianton. Hopefully I appreciate it. Thanks brother. Coming up bright part inside Scoop Joel Pollock, who has the momentum. That's next. Hope you can stick around. It's what motivates your vote.
Speaker 2: The Democrat the racious now and.
Speaker 1: They were the racious back.
Speaker 2: In fifty five krs.
Speaker 1: The talk station this report is spawned