Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Basically, back to work for everybody after the holiday weekend, including myself, and back to work for Dan. I think he's in trial today from the trial prep he was doing last week when I filled in, So I think I'll be covering for Dan today and tomorrow, and he'll probably be back in studio Wednesday or Thursday. I don't know for sure, but that's the way trial work goes, and fortunately I don't do that work. I just do the prep work to prepare people to go to trial, sometimes or arrest them before they go to trial, I guess is a better way of saying it. Two different kinds of law that are practiced. Dan does a lot of civil law. I have my realm in the criminal law side, but sometimes they cross over. So anyways, Dan will be back with you at some point this week, just not exactly sure what day that is. Coming off of the holiday weekend. Boy, it's tough to get back into the workflow. I had a four day weekend, as many of you probably did, but it was a great busy weekend as I hope many of you have had the same experience with fireworks and celebrating Independence Day, and we'll get to a little bit of that. But I think it would only be, I guess, disrespectful to not cover the news of the weekend, which is the events down in Texas, down in Kerrville, Texas, with the massive flooding that has taken place down there and the loss of life count I think is up to around ninety four now, with obviously many more bodies that will probably be discovered over the days and weeks to come. And that's just a tragic incident. And unfortunately it's being made political by certain individuals on both sides of the aisle. You know, there's Democrats that are blaming Trump and there are Republicans that are blaming you know, the previous administration. When ultimately this comes down to an act of God, and whether we like it or not, you know, sometimes you just can't. You can't beat mother Nature. She plays the ultimate card sometimes, and you know, I spent some time in that area of Texas in two thousand and five attending Polygraph School down in Austin and the Guadalupe River, you know, it runs right through that area between Austin and San Antonio and up from the Curveville area. So on the weekends we would go and float that river. The students in my class, you know, trying to get away from Polygraph School, which is a son of a gun. If I'm sure there's not many of you out there that have ever gone through it, but it's an eleven week school and it's it's full time. I mean, there's no there's no joke about it. It's it's a tough class to go through. So on the weekends we try to unwind a little bit. And it's a big thing down in that area. To go float the Guadalupe River. You go down and rent tubes. You can rent a cooler that's on a tube also, you know, load it up with your favorite beverage and float down the river for a few hours. And you know, most parts of that river, and I've floated many, many my of it over the weekends that we went down there. Most parts of that river you can get out of your tube, touch the ground. You know, it's maybe five or six feet deep at the most. A few places where it gets deeper, but oftentimes you're picking up your tube and you're walking it along the creek because there's just not enough water for you to float certain areas. And so when you see this video, you know a lot of people say, well, why would you build a house that close to the river. You know, why were they camped that close to the river. It's just uncommon for anything like this to occur. But where that rain hit was right in the hill country around Kerrville. And when they say hill country in Texas, you know, it's kind of small mountain ranges if you will, and they're very rocky. They're not going to absorb a lot of water. And when it rains, it rains hard and fast down in that area. And you basically just had a funnel effect that went into the Guadalupe River, with accounts being that that river rose as much as twenty four to twenty six feet in an hour's time frame. Well, no matter how much warning you give people, that kind of act from Mother and Nate is just unbelievable. And I think the top of the river got up to thirty two feet at its crest, to kind of tie that back into the local area. In twenty thirteen, we had the floods in Boulder and Larimer and Weld County and then out to the east, and I think the highest the flood levels got during that time was eleven feet and we had three days to kind of see that flood coming. And you know, there's still a lot of property damage, but I don't believe I don't remember any loss of life, not at least in Weld County. There may have been a few people that were taken by the tragedy in Boulder County, if memory serves me right, But regardless, nothing like what we're seeing in Texas. I mean, you got ninety four kids, twenty or ninety four people missing, twenty seven of them from the Mystic Ranch Christian camp. I mean, these are seven to nine or ten year olds that were swept away in the middle of the night from a cabin that they thought they were safely sleeping in. It's just a tragedy all the way around. While we always hope that these things don't get made political, obviously they will, and that's the unfortunateness of where we're at in this state of the world. At this point. But you know, we have to pray for those people and hope that hope that some survivors are still found, and hope that the people that are left behind, you know, they can figure out a way to move on with their lives. And uh, just such a tragic situation. And for the people in that area, like I said, that Guadalupe River is a major it's a major issue, a major part of their culture. That's that's part of their recreation, that's part of just kind of their daily lives of what they do and where they go camp and you know, float the river and all that kind of stuff. So, man, you just hope for recovering that community. It's a very sad time. And those of us who have been through some other natural disaster understand that sometimes you just you're just at the whim of mother nature and it's unfortunate. That being said, if you have comments you'd like to make about the incident, feel free you can text in at text Dan at five seven seven three nine, or you can call in a three O three seven one three eight two five five and we can definitely discuss the similarities of that incident to what we've seen here in the past and even back in I think it was nineteen seventy six when the Thompson Canyon flooded, you know, down from Estes Park through Larimer County and again out into other parts of the Eastern Plains. I think from what I'm seeing here from a text from last week, that took about one hundred and twenty lives. And you know that you look at where they're at at the with the issue in Texas today, and it's probably going to be much worse than than where it is at this point obviously, But you know, that's the bad news over the weekend, and you know, you always look at tragedy and say, we gotta we got to deal with it head on and at least acknowledge that it exists. But we also had our Independence Day celebrations over the weekend, and John Caldera in the previous show on the Ryan Schuling Show was talking about, you know, popping fire works and doing all the fun stuff, and that's what That's what I really hope you guys will call in and talk about. Are those things that anchor you to the Independence Day weekend? What is it that is just part of your tradition that you say, you know, I got to do this thing, and for me, I got to check off a whole lot of those boxes this last weekend. It was. It was quite a busy weekend, you know. I will say there was a new tradition that was added. Trump signed the Big Beautiful Bill on July fourth and did so with a lot of fanfare, B two flyovers, you name it. I don't know if that's something to celebrate or something to worry about. At this point, the Big Beautiful Bill has been signed and we're all going to see what the ramifications of that bill are. It's caused Elon Musk to kind of lose his mind a little bit. He started his own American Political Party or America Political Party. I don't know exactly what he aims to gain with that, but he's involved in politics now and we're probably going to see him around for quite some time. So we'll say he's been triggered from the signing of the Big Beautiful Bill and the passage of the Big Beautiful Bill. But regardless, that's not a tradition of the fourth of July. That's kind of a one off.
Speaker 3: For me.
Speaker 2: It was the chance to take my thirteen year old up to see his grandmother and his step grandfather up in Nebraska and pop fireworks for hours. My mom and stepdad went out and bought I don't know how many dollars worth of fireworks, and then when we got there, of course that wasn't enough, so my thirteen year old had to hop in the truck with his step grandpa and go out and buy some more fireworks because you know, five hundred dollars worth wasn't enough, so we needed up that to have her much more. And they had an arsenal. So between my thirteen year old son and my nephew, I think they popped fireworks NonStop for about two hours in what looked like a war zone out of a out of Fallujah, and you looked at the scenery of everybody else that was popping fireworks. And again that was in Nebraska, so what we were doing was legal in that particular state because they still believe in some tenets of democracy, I guess, unlike Colorado, where everything's illegal if it has any risk to it whatsoever, it seems. So I had to take my kid out of state so he could experience fireworks and have a chance to connect with his youth. But we also did some rodeos. I went to the Greeley Stampede Parade on the fourth of July, walked with some political candidates supporting Matt Turner to replace me as the Weld County Sheriff. I went to a Parker McCollum concert at the Greeley Stampede, which was so and also did our family tradition of attending the demolition derby at the Greeley Stampede on July sixth, which is just Americana all in and of itself, because who doesn't like watching cars intentionally crash into each other and knock the snot out of one another for hours? And I think one heat in particular, the Unlimited Class or something like that, there were thirty two cars and they went for a full hour before they finally got down to just one car. It was a marathon, but it was a great weekend. Again, got a chance to reconnect with some family up in Nebraska, pop fireworks, have a great time. What are your traditions? What are the things that you got to check off the box every year on the fourth of July before you can officially say that you've celebrated your Independence Day. Correctly.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I have a question.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to a rodeo.
Speaker 2: Well, I did go to a rodeo. I went to a rodeo. Yeah, we checked off the stampede, all of it checked off everything. Cowboys, you know that's not the thing. Yes, you can't have a rodeo with a.
Speaker 4: Different reaction to cowboys.
Speaker 1: Probably you do.
Speaker 2: Well, then you should probably come up to the stampede or twice I have been. So it was great. I mean they have, you know, all the all the traditional events and then you know, a little bit of bull riding at the end. That was tough. Not too many bull could make it. In fact, I think only one had a qualifying run, so obviously he won for the night.
Speaker 3: Did they do mutton bus They did.
Speaker 2: That during one of the slow times, and that's the best, right, My.
Speaker 1: Kids did it at the National stock shows.
Speaker 2: It's the best vagonal Western stocks. They should just make an event totally for that age brackets and all that instead of a feeling. It's so much fun to watch and those kids get so excited, you know, they make it five six seconds on the on the sheep, and man, they're just they're pumped, you know, jumping up and kicking the dirt. Yeah, it's great. So those are our Fourth of July, my family's Fourth of July traditions. But what are yours? You know, I know sometimes you guys are a little shy, but you can text in text Dan at five seven, seven, three nine or call in three O three seven one three eight two five five. Today's show, we're also going to cover kind of some of the out of the box stuff. You know. I told you guys, I always like to try to get the governor's candidates on. So we're going to have one who I think has done some interviews on our sister station over at eight fifty. His name's Joshua Griffin. He'll be on with us at four thirty six. He's got a pretty extensive website. I'd encourage you to go take a look at it before we have him on for the show, just so you can kind of get some background text in some questions you might want to want to ask of him, And you know, we'll kind of prep for that in our next little segment before before we have josh on. With that, we'll cut to break. When we come back, hopefully your text and your phone calls will start lining up and we'll engage with you guys and say, all right, how are we going to get our next governor's candidate in the seat? And also what is that thing you got to have for the fourth of July in order to just say I had a successful holiday. We'll cut to break. You're listening to the Dan Capless Show here on six thirty k how with Well Kenny Sheriff, Steve Reims and the guest seat.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Or substitute today. As Dan's off doing some trial work, be here today and tomorrow, and I think Dan will be back with you Wednesday or Thursday. I'm only committed for the first two days of the week. So if you just got to survive my time on the radio and wait for Dan to get back, that's what you got to look forward to.
Speaker 1: Stop He's on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough, We've got you for the next two days, which is awesome.
Speaker 2: And then we have Heidiganal okay, well there's quite a change in pace, so we can go Yeah, that's cool. Heidi. You's always got an interesting message or two. She kind of goes around in the bigger circles of the Washington d C. Stuff. So who knows. We'll see what her show has to bring on Wednesday, but I will not be here that day. You got me Monday and Tuesday, and then hopefully Dan's back. After that. We went to break. We were talking a little bit about holiday traditions. What do you got to do in order to make your Fourth of July complete? And apparently you guys, you're not real engaged in that issue. So we'll switch gears. Let's go to something that I think will trigger you guys for sure, and that's the Epstein files. So you know, for years we've been told that, hey, Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself, and there's a bunch of folks who have said, I think you probably did. I can tell you as a person who runs a prison or a jail, there were some circumstances around Jeffrey Epstein's death that made me think, eh, you know, they definitely had a very unlikely calamity of errors, with guards falling asleep, cameras not working, all those kind of things. It just it seemed very we'll say, concerning that all those things could line up. And then you had cash Patel and others who were coming out in the news. Dan Bongino back in the day saying, oh, it's definitely you know, the evidence shows that this was a This was not a suicide. It was a homicide or some other weird kind of death. And as the presidency is kind of unfolded, you know, Donald Trump has hinted that through Pam Bondy they were going to release a list. We were going to see all this stuff. And I think Dan did a couple of shows, maybe even a couple of days back to back, where it was brought up of where's the list, And I know Ryan's been beating the table. Where's the list. We want to see the list. I want to see the list. And it's hard for me to believe someone like Jeffrey Epstein, who's accused of all the horrific things that he did, and you know, having sex with people under age and holding them captive potentially on his island, and just some really grotesque things. I've watched a few documentaries about him that just make you scratch your head how someone like that could exist in the world, and how he got to where he is, and how he got connected with so many people other than you know, just the pure money. Well, now we find out that there is no list, or that's what we're told today. There is no list, and there's video footage that monitor Jeffrey Epstein for like the last eleven hours leading up to his death, and there's nothing suspicious about his death. And that's coming from from the current administration, through Pam Bondi, Cash Betel. What say you as the listener? Do you where do you fall on this issue? And is it even a concern anymore? Do you care? I have to tell you, as a law enforcement person, it makes me scratch my brain a little bit and say, all right, this was such a big political issue. We were all supposed to find out, you know, where's this, where's this smoking gun? Conservatives were triggered that we weren't getting the truth. And now we have conservatives in power who are saying no, that that was the truth, and we're all supposed to just swallow it and go on and it's no big deal. And again, I'm not big into conspiracy theories, but when you start looking at a series of events surrounding one person, it definitely definitely makes me concerned. And when we when we talk about triggering you know, there are a lot of Republicans that were just absolutely upset at the prior administration saying, you know this, this can't be true. You're not telling us the truth at all. And now you know the shoes on the other foot, and are we going to throw those same rocks back at this administration, the Trump administration, the cash betels, the Pam bondis. Where's this going to go? Do you belie leave that Jeffrey Epstein didn't have a list. You can text in text Dan at five seven seven, three nine or call in three o three seven one three eight two five y five. I'd really love to hear your opinion on this, because anybody who's doing that much nefarious activity, all the things that that that he was accused of doing, that Jeffrey Epstein was accused of doing, it's hard for me to believe that they can locate no evidence of who was at his island, there is no list. Suddenly it's gone. I mean, we we even have some flight logs showing who flew on his plane, the Lolita Express, but suddenly we don't have a client list. That just I don't know something. Something isn't right in the world in my mind there, And again, is it a national Is it a national security issue?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 3: Not.
Speaker 2: I mean, this guy was a disgusting pervert. But we also know that there were a lot of folks connected to him, to include some former presidents, and of course Trump was accused of being connected to him in some ways, at least having flown on his plane a few times. There's also a lot of evidence that Trump, once he figured out what Jeffrey Epstein was all about, he said, I don't want you anywhere around my clubs. Stay away. But again, you know, this new administration is telling us there's nothing to see here, move on, And I can't believe that conservatives are just going to take that and believe it. So we'll have plenty of time to talk about that as well throughout the rest of the show. We're going to cut the break. When we come back, we'll have a governor's candidate, Joshua Griffin on with us. And again, you know, this is a chance for candidates to have a little bit of a platform. We'll see what all josh is about. If you're listening to The Dankplace Show here on six point thirty k How with Well Kenny Sheriff Steve Raims setting in and as your guest host.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dan Plus Show podcast.
Speaker 2: And I love that Bumper music because that's actually one of my favorite songs by r Em. I can remember listening to that with my dad when that song first came out. In fact, my wife and I were talking about that song not too long ago and just kind of the goofiness of it. But for whatever reason, it caught fired and it was great. So enough of that. But we have with us on the line another candidate for governor. I think we've gone through about eleven or twelve of them at this point, because there's a field of fifteen. And that's not to speak light of any of the candidates. We want all of them to have a platform to send their message out to the listeners. But with us on the line is Joshua Griffin. Josh how are you doing?
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me?
Speaker 2: You bet Joshua? If you would is Joshuacare? Do you prefer Joshua?
Speaker 3: It's fine either way. I'm from the military.
Speaker 2: Okay, you've been called a lot of things. Then, yeah, I know the feeling from being in law enforcement, so you know, kind of what's a little bit about your background, informed the listeners about you know, who you are, kind of where you come from, and maybe what made you start looking at this race.
Speaker 3: Yeah, certainly so. I mean this is always the worst part about running for offices talking about yourself, right, but yeah, just keep it plain and simple. Born and raised in Houston, Texas. Come from a military family, very proud patriots, and joined the military. Did auswe years, majority of that with special operations. The main unit was with the one sixtieth Nights Soccers. Retired as a infantry officer and currently I am a I guess you would say a tech company owner where we do a lot of innovative technology, really saying our main target audience is the military. Why am I running for office is because, I mean I'm not to be critical or just be mean towards the other candidates, but I mean I really believe that we're the only ones that have a chance in the general and quite frankly, you know, we are the only ones that actually have a plan not only how to win, but to bring this state back to some sense of normalcy and in national dominance.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I looked at your web page quite a bit Josh, and again thank you for your service to the US military. You were in the army. I believe so, and looking through your page, you've put a lot of work into it, There's no doubt about it. What would you say your top few priorities if elected or when elected as governor? Uh? You know what, what are those things you're going to focus on for the state of Colorado?
Speaker 3: Well, when elected, I am definitely going to first and foremost take a step back and look at everything that I personally can do without the legislature and whatever I can streamline cut with it, you know, use of spending in the budget, fluff positions. That's gonna be the first thing, and also make sure that we bring in a strong administration with us. The second thing gets just normal stuff. But I think every governor should be be doing. You know, let's look at the books to make sure everything is good on that and then that's at the same time, let's restore our constitutional rights, you know, and the things that have been happening right now. But again I can't stress that that's not just a governor's position, it's going to be ours because we definitely have to start fighting to put more common sense people in the legislature, but also make sure that the AG that gets elected, would that be somebody who is willing to play lawfare just because they have a crop with the president.
Speaker 2: Sure, I understand that the stuff that our current AG is doing right now is kind of mind numbing at times. So you're basically looking at doing a little bit of a doge if I will, for the state of Colorado as the governor, you want to clean up spending. So from that point, you know you want to focus on government efficiency. If I'm not putting words in your mouth, but what are some of the ways that you see turning Colorado in a different direction? I mean, how do we get back on a path where the common voter feels like they have someone representing them in their own interests.
Speaker 3: Well, stop playing partisan politics. Number one starts understanding that when you are elected to represent the people of Colorado, you're not supposed to be beholding to the party first. And I know that sounds weird. It sounds, well, well, you know what about the Democrats. Well, I don't care about the Democrats. What I care about is the people. And if we learn to actually address people as the person that they are instead of the party they represent. I'm almost assured that we will be able to come to some kind of common ground. They will allow both Democrats and Republicans divorce themselves from the far fringes of each been separate parties.
Speaker 2: Well, on your web page, you decide are you define yourself as I think you said, a center right type person, not necessarily on any of the fringe areas, not extreme right wing or obviously not le left wing, which is probably what has to resonate in the state of Colorado. But I guess the secondary part of that is how do you get out to those voters who are unaffiliated? How do you get your message out to Republican voters because we know that in the past, our current Governor Polis has just written checks in order to get his voice out there. Maybe you're independently wealthy like he is, but writing, you know, fifty million dollars worth of ad time is not something that most of us can do. So how do you break that barrier? How do you get your message out there? And what's your strategy?
Speaker 3: Well, we are very blessed financially here, so I mean we're not maybe fifty million dollars blessed yet but we are definitely blessed me and all compare, so we definitely have the funds to strategically go out there and you know, place ads to the voters themselves. But you know, quite frankly want to do is is that in the beginning of next year, we want to do a tour. We're gonna probably we're gonna start a podcast and we're gonna do a tour. We're gonna highlight the small businesses along the way. We're gonna go out to the rural counties. We're gonna actually go and talk to people and naturally not even talk to them, but listen to them. Because most politicians, and I don't consider myself want to consider myself a statesman. You know, all they want to do is tell you what they want to do. They don't really care what the people want to say, because nine times out of ten, once they get in office, they know who the real bosses. And that's gonna be the donors, and that's going to be the party establishment. We're not running on that. You know, I'm what you can say bad about polls or not, but I'm going to put my own money into this. And yes, we're going to fundraise. But more importantly, we're going to go to every place in Colorado. I'm talking to them, and yes they even includes the Progressive and in the Democrat domains as well, because guess what, when I become governor, we become the leader of the entire Colorado. So just because you belong to a different party, that doesn't mean I don't have your best interest in mind.
Speaker 2: So, so far in the race, I believe there's fifteen candidates, and that's not to say that there can't be more that get in or maybe a few that drop out. Have you been engaging in those those political debates, the political events, and if so, what kind of response are you getting?
Speaker 3: No, I have not to be quite frankly, and I don't want to be rude, but it's just worthless to build there because everybody's right now is just fighting to be you know, the parties, you know, a puppet or candidate right and let's be let's be h. You know the frank here that that doesn't work here in Colorado, the biggest population is unaffiliated, you know, And unfortunately, because of our past and our inability to actually market ourselves properly in speak to the voters, and what they want. The Republican Party has had such a tumultuous time that some would even say that the GOP is irrelevant at this point. So, no, we are running as Republicans, but you might want to say that we are operating as independent because we understand that the true boss in the state are the people, and so we're focusing on the people right now versus the party.
Speaker 2: So you're you're registered as a Republican, running as a Republican because that's the party that you most affiliate with as a as as far as values go. But you don't necessarily you don't necessarily believe in the machine. If you will, and I use that loosely in air quotes, that is the Republican Party. Is that Is that a fair statement?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I'm my own man, I stand on my own two feet. I don't I don't do anything based on someone's endorsement of me or my endorsement of another person. You vote for me, you're getting Joshua Joseph something something Griffin I got you.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a that's a non traditional approach, I'll say that. So that that tells me that your your plan is not necessarily to go through the state Assembly, but maybe more of the petitioner oute to access to the ballot. Is is that accurate or if you've made that decision yet?
Speaker 3: Yes, we ever made a decision, and the unfortunately I'm not saying anything that no one else knows. The party is in a disarray, you know, from the last chair. You know, no one has any no fidelity in integrity and the Venter party right now. So we're not going to go through that as Assembly. I would love to, but unfortunately I'm not going to put my time and effort in a place where, unfortunately it has been wanted for quite some time.
Speaker 2: So your your plan is to access the ballot through the through other means, the petition process, and go out directly to the voters, the Republicans. The Republican voters will be the ones that have to sign your petition. But you're trying to access every voter when you're out pounding the pavement. I guess, is that is that fair?
Speaker 3: That's true? No different in the general.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what kind of success, what kind of feedback are you having so far?
Speaker 3: Very very and quite frankly, it's it's a lot of great feedback from the unaffiliated independence that you know, they they like the understanding that someone is actually looking to run the state not as a party puppet, but as an executive, clearing unnecessary committees, putting directors, former leading you know, like even with water, right, let's talk about water. Everybody's going to talk about water and say, oh no, we just need to preserve height. We preserve what you don't get, you know what I mean, So we're our ideas not preserved, but to increase same thing with taxes and funding and stuff like that. And when we can talk about the one point one billion dollars that you know have been just taken because of just bad governance and ilegal immigration, but also the solvent Wealth Fund where we actually will bring in you know, commerce and revenue, so we can eliminate income tax, we can lower property tax. We can also expand the living footprint of Colorado, thus increasing the supply and lessening the demand that will actually lower the calls for housing. We're coming this with a practical executive approach, and people actually are finding that very refreshing.
Speaker 2: Well, so you mentioned the legal immigration. I mean, that's a that's a topic that's going to be part of running for any any statewide seat in the state of Colorado. What do you think of the current administration's plan for removing illegal immigrants from the United States and specifically Colorado.
Speaker 3: One thousand percent behind it. But you know, let me let me prefence this with something that a lot of people have lost the understanding and definition of is nuanced. Yes, one thousand percent. We should not be putting people in front of the line who have not ever know, produced or given anything to our economy. That's number one. Number two. You know, you're in the law enforcement, I'm in the military. Pretty much is the same spirit, but in a different church. So we understand why are we prioritizing age fighting men to come to this country when they should be out there fighting for their own people. We definitely have salt hearts for women and children, right and I'm not always going to have a salt heart for women and children and find anything that's moral ethimately found in order to help them in any kind of way. But most importantly, you know, I'll say this, when my son had a one hundred and six degree temperature at the age of eighteen months and we went to UC Health emergency and their staff was barely there because they are prioritizing illegal pens over the citizens. You know, I look at him, and I look at these other beautiful babies and not saying that they're better than any other child. By how dare we prioritize somebody else and then put our own children at risk? So you dog, you dog on straight. I'm going to be fighting to go with the federal government to in a more ethical way and moral way get these people back home where they belong. But first and foremost, let's go just on the criminals first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, I got you. I got you.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: So I guess that you don't necessarily agree with the governor Polus when he says Colorado is not a sanctuary state. I'm gathering that from your from your comments. Totally not Well, we had just a couple of seconds here. Josh finish out with telling the listeners how they can find you out in social media world Internet. How can people get a hold of you if they want to find out more about your campaign?
Speaker 3: Yes, please just visit us at j Griff for Colorado. That is J Griff g R I F F letter four c O. That's our Twitter or X handle. And also Joshua Griffin for the letter.
Speaker 4: Four c O.
Speaker 3: Is our website and we would love for you to look at it and just think about what Colorado can be, you know, when there's actually somebody who's looking for you and not trying to get into that office based on how much they love or hate somebody else.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for the time, josh and good luck to you in this race. If I'm filling in in the future, we'll try to get you back on again again. Thanks for being on the show. And with that we're going to cut the break. You're listening to the Dan Capless Show here on six thirty k how with Will Kenny Sheriff, Steve Dreams.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Taplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Or Steve Reams. I just got done with our interview with Joshua Griffin, candidate for governor. Definitely an untraditional approach to his candidacy for governor, and you know his strategy for accessing the ballot. We'll see how successful that is. You know, I've run for political office a few times, and there's no succinct way of saying this, but you're going to need Republican voters and you definitely, if you're going to run as a Republican, you need the Republican voters, and sometimes that assembly process is the make or break for whether or not you're going to be taken seriously by your own party. But who knows. We haven't had a win in the governor's race or a statewide race even for the Republicans and quite some time, so maybe he's onto something. Also, before we had josh On, we were talking about the Epstein files and whether or not you believe the federal government's line of yep, you've seen everything and there's just nothing here. I can tell you. As a law enforcement person, I'm a bit skeptical, But you know, maybe I'm just wrong. It seems like either there was not either there wasn't a very good investigation done and evidence wasn't maintained the way it should have been, or we're all just filling in gaps that never were really there. I don't know, it just something doesn't seem quite right. But a few texts rolled in. One of our favorite listeners here, Steven Littlton says, Sheriff, I'd like to believe the current Epstein narrative, but I just feel there's much we're not being told. And man, that summarizes it great, Steve. I couldn't agree with you more. There just seems like there's some gaps here, and that sometimes happens in a big investigation. You know, things just get missed and the conclusion doesn't necessarily come out the way you thought it was going to. And maybe that's what we're seeing. I don't know. Here's another one, pretty pretty on point for the Epstein stuff. It says, where's the list, follow the money? He didn't do anything for income, but he was worth nearly a billion. And you know, the only thing I remember a little bit of Epstein's way of making money was he was a financier. He was an investor. He did some stuff with the owner of Victoria's secrets, and he started his own finance company of some kind. But never really could explain where his income came from. And I just, I don't know, something doesn't sound quite right. I'd love to make billions, almost well almost a billion or over a billion dollars and never really be able to explain where it came from. Wouldn't that be great? And then here's one a little bit of feedback about our governor's candidate. Like I said, you text them, We read them. This governor's candidate is a full Did he just insult all the people that work hard on the committee and he really should learn to speak proper English. If he's going to run for governor, well you send him, we'll read him. We're going to go to break. When we come back, we'll have Carlos Baron on with us at the top of the hour. He's going to be the new Republican whip down at the Statehouse. You're listening to Dan Cafleas show here on six point thirty k HOW with Well County Sheriff Steve Riams.