Speaker 1: Here comes the Minnesota goodbye. Let's get started with an email from Katie sent to Ryan Show at Katie, but youbeat dot com? Are you curious to what Katie wrote? All right? Here she goes, Hey, friends, I had to write about something. It always makes me laugh a little when it comes up on the show. When you guys play games on the show, you always draw names or whatever out of a hat. I think it's recently turned to his tyrofoam cup. It resonates with me because that's how my husband and I picked both of our son's names out of a hat. I'm so indecisive. That seemed like the best way with our first and with our second, we let our older son pick the name out of a hat. It also makes for a great fun fact. Anyway, have a happy hump Day and keep on dart licking, Katie from Virginia. That's funny and that does make for a great story. As you just told us just now, what a weird way to choose your kid's name, right. You know, it's funny because we first named Alison Heather, and then when she came out, she didn't look like Heather. She was not Heather. Heather was the baby that we pictured, but here was this other baby, and so we didn't have a name for her for a day or two, and all of a sudden, I remember, it came to me in my sleep or just I was about to take a nap in the hospital, and I thought Allison. And once I came up with Alison, I knew, and she is totally in Allison.
Speaker 2: And that's such an interesting concept because obviously I've never birthed a child, so I can't imagine like seeing a child and be like, no, that is not the name that fits them, like you'd think, like, how would you know?
Speaker 1: You just knew? Though. I think the thing was is we always said, oh, Heather's kicking, Oh, Heather's got the hiccups, But when Alison came out, that was not Heather. Heather was the baby that we imagined.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did her face not look like a Heather?
Speaker 1: I don't remember, Yeah, I remember. I remember she stank though, Oh yeah, she stank really bad, really and I don't know what the problem was, but Alison had the water broke early and there was some sort of not infection, but something in the and she stank really bad. Oh, and so I remember we they they they did the sea section. They washed her up a little bit. They said, baby's got an odor. And if you're in Guino or nursing or whatever, maybe you know what that means. Baby's got an odor. So they wrapped her up, wash her. They put her on a little cart and they take her into the nursery. And I'm in the nursery, Susan still getting stitched up. She had a sea section. So I'm in the nursery with little Allison, and I'm so excited and happy. I don't notice anything. But the couple next to us was like, you know, playing with their baby. And they went and they took their baby and rolled her across to the other side of the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah that bad.
Speaker 1: She's stunk. Yeah, I don't know what she smelled like, because I didn't smell anything.
Speaker 3: That's a good story though. I like that. My mom said, when I came out, I was cross eyed. She cried because she thought there was something wrong with me because I had cross eyes.
Speaker 1: I think babies come out sometimes lit cross eyed or their head is smushy. So what's funny is that it never went back with you. Your guys are still.
Speaker 3: Cross still a little cross And I don't.
Speaker 1: Know whether you're looking at me or looking at Jenny.
Speaker 2: Which one do you normally look when you look at Bailey.
Speaker 1: Her left eye, that's the one he usually looks at me.
Speaker 3: I look at both of you at the same time.
Speaker 1: So oh, actually, Bailey, actually you're one of your best features are your beautiful twinkling k eyes. Thank you wow, So thank you Katie for the email. Next one this is which is from Kristen and she says, which fictional Animal Friends sidekick would you choose to have in real life? Mine would be Marrichute, the giant golden eagle from Rescue is John under flying around and feeling so safe and free? Would be Incredibles, Love you guys, slow Mode, dart Lick and Action from Kristen. Mine would probably be Scooby Doo because he's fun and we both love treats.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What was fictional?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Just character?
Speaker 1: Animal friend or sidekick?
Speaker 3: Garfield? Probably because he's a fat orange count that's my favorite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he likes to nap and eats the lasagna and me too.
Speaker 2: And I think I would do Snoopy just because Snoopy is very like happy go Lucky, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, good one thank you. I appreciate that. Totally random, but I love that one. Rachel writes in, this is so sweet, and I wish I could show you the picture, but it is very sweet. So let me describe this email or read the email. Rachel writes in, you guys were talking about blankets and stuffed animals from your childhood. When I was about two, my grandpa gave me a stuff brown dog, and I named him creatively, brown Puppy. I brought that puppy with me everywhere until I was probably eight or nine. He stayed in my room in a special place, and he always moved with me to my college dorm, my first apartment, and my now husband to our first house. He has been kept in our closet up until a few months ago. A few months ago, our two and a half year old toddler moved to a big kid bed was having trouble getting used to his new bed, so I pulled brown Puppy out and gave him to our toddler and said, brown Puppy was mama's puppy, and he's been lonely for a really long time, and he needs a new friend to play with and sleep with at night. Our little boy took to it so well, and now the little boy and brown puppy are inseparable. It filled my heart and brings tears of my eyes frequently watching him love this tough animal the way I once did. I emailed a few weeks ago that I'm newly pregnant. So on Monday, I had my first ultrasound at eight weeks and we showed our two and a half year old the ultrasound picture and he ran to get Brown puppy and said, I show brown puppy. I show Brown puppy. And so in the picture that she attached is a picture of a little toddler holding an ultrasound up to brown Puppy's nose so brown puppy can see. Now I'm going to swing it around so you two can see. But this is not something that you know. I mean it is basically it's a little toddler with brown puppy.
Speaker 3: Cute. That's so cute.
Speaker 1: Is an adorable story, Rachel, thank you for sharing that story.
Speaker 3: Brown pup puppy looks like pretty good for ware. Honestly, he does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the same thing.
Speaker 3: Dang.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Alison had a little baby bunny and he had jelly stains on him, and the bow around his neck was missing, and maybe an eye was missing. I don't really know, but brown Puppy pretty darn good show.
Speaker 3: I say, teddy bear with an eye that's missing. But I bought him at a garage sale when I was fifteen, so I was too old, but I saw him and I thought, this teddy bear has seen some things and I want to take him home. He smelled like mothballs, so he had to live in the garage for a little bit to air out. But he still sleeps on my bed. He's so stinking cute and he's like people size, so you can hold him in.
Speaker 1: Oh aw adorable. Ah Uh, this is funny and distasteful, but I'm gonna read it anyway. You ready for funny and distasteful? Yeah, don't say my name. Hey guys, it's been a while since I've written in I have a public has surch for his announcement for everyone, wash your damn butthole. My work has one single stall bathroom for the four females that work there. Every time I go to the bathroom after one employee just in there, the entire bathroom stinks like butt like girls. Seriously, wash your ass. It should not be smelling like that every day. And no, she didn't just get done pooping. Otherwise I would at least have the smell of shit flowers to cover up that stench. That is all love you, guys. I wish Wannita would have been the one to read this email out loud on her weekly ramp. I will say that we back in Ohio, there was we called it the DJ bathroom because there was a big bathroom in the office building that had to go outside down the hall around the corner. Blah blah blah blah blah. But there was a one unisex DJ bathroom twenty steps away from the studio. But people who were not DJs would use this bathroom frequently. And there was one woman. And I hate to sound I hope it doesn't sound sexist at all, but everybody knew that after she was in the bathroom, it was bad. And I don't know what it was. It was like dirty butthole or you know.
Speaker 3: Kidney, or your folds kind of Stinkwell, yeah.
Speaker 1: But you did not want to go in there after her because it was and it wasn't poop. It was just like a like.
Speaker 3: A yes, like a like a spicy stink.
Speaker 1: Not even spicy, more of like somebody clubbed you in the face with a cushion baseball bat. Not a hard baseball bat, yeah, but a cushion baseball bat.
Speaker 3: Great, that's so gross.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's sexist at all. It means that she clearly had issues. But it's funny to hear, Like you can tell the difference between a poop smell and you didn't wash your butthhole smell. I feel like they would be pretty simpler.
Speaker 3: See, Okay, this is kind of gross, but Jenny, you'll probably get this that there is a difference between like poop smell and then like you have your period smell. Yeah, because that's the smell that gets me is when you go into the bathroom and you can tell whoever was right before you has their period bad and hasn't wiped in like a hot minute.
Speaker 1: This is all new to me. I don't I don't know anything about this.
Speaker 3: It's just like a very specific, like earthy, spicy stink. And if you get a period, you know it, you know it, and it's bad, you do know. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've lived all these years of my life and I never knew this.
Speaker 3: Well, you're welcome. Sorry for being correlat of things that.
Speaker 1: I didn't need to know. Moving on, Sarah writes in Hello Morning Crew. First of all, Dave, I'm sorry to hear about Josie. Losing a pet is so hard. Thinking of you, Thank you, and thanks to anybody who's reached out. It really is comforting to know that so many people go through this. If we all do, if we have a pet, we've been through it or we know that it's coming, hopefully a long time from now. I also shed a tear hearrying about Carson's baby blanket story. I told the story yesterday. Carson got a baby blanket from the receptionist here at the time, Kim, when he was born, a little boot blue blanket, and he loved it, and he carried it with him to college, to vacation. If we went to like I don't know, if we went to out of Wisconsin Del's, he took it along. He slept with it. He kept it under his blankets in college so his roommates wouldn't know about it. I don't think he took it to boy Scout camp, but he might have. I don't know, And he believe it or not. Last year around this time or in the fall, he took it with him to China on the Louve tour and he forgot it in a hotel and we called the hotel, but with the language barrier, they didn't really quite understand and they said they would look for it, but we're not sure they even understood what we were talking, so we never heard from them. Yeah, so he lost his blue blanket and he hasn't brought it up really since then, but it was really hard for him. She said, I've had one since I was a baby. I am now forty seven, and I still sleep with it every night. No shame. In my game picture of it is attached. I've seen better days. Now I'm going to describe this blanket rather than show it to because I can say, oh, Jenny and Bailey, look, but I'm going to describe it. You spill water on the k encounter, you grab a cheap paper towel and you wipe it up. Now your paper towel is full of holes, corners are torn off. It doesn't resemble a new paper towel at all. It is kind of shredded. Yeah, that's what this blanket looks like. No, it doesn't look stained.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it is. I mean, seriously, this looks like it belongs in a museum under plexiglass somewhere, because I don't know how she keeps it even round. A quick question for you guys. Do you ever have any recurring dreams? I do. My dream is always some form of I need to pack up and get somewhere, but I'm having trouble packing up. My stuff is scattered all over the place. I can't find my suitcase. We got to get to the airport in another twenty minutes, and oh my god. Or I have the one where I'm late for school. Yeah, and it's like, okay, school starts in a half an hour. I got to get there. My car's out of gas. I don't know. I have dreams where I'm trying to get somewhere and have trouble get They're the worst.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're the worst. Yeah, I don't. I don't have those like often, but I'll have those every once in a while. Mine is that I don't have enough credits to graduate college on time. I have that one. I haven't had it in a while, but I used to have it pretty frequently and it's so frustrating, and I'm like, what, I just spent all these years and now I'm not going to graduate like on time, and now I have to pay more for tuition to do another whole semester of college.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Mine, mine is I'm at my dad's house and it's nighttime, and I have to get away from a bad guy. I don't see the bad guy ever, but I end up trying to evade him in my dad's house and then I finally get outside, and then I just run down the street in the neighborhood and I start like going through other people's yards to try and thwart off this bad guy, but I never actually see them.
Speaker 2: As you wake up, Cepy, do you wake up with like a heart racing.
Speaker 3: It's weird because it's it doesn't feel like a nightmare. It just feels like I'm running and running and running away from something. But it's always at my dad's house, and it's always at night time in the summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a lot of dreams that take place at my parents' house that I grew up in in Colorado, and I don't know why. I mean, it's a very special place to me. But like once in a while, I'll be working at the radio station. But it's in my old bedroom. Yeah, And for some reason, the radio station's like right there and it makes total sense, and it's there in my bedroom. Or it's night time and I get you ready for the morning show and I'm in my old bedroom. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm pretty thankful that I don't have like dreams in general much anymore. Like I sleep pretty decently because sometimes, like when you're in a bad bed, woof, you like sleep and dream constantly.
Speaker 1: I think I dream constantly, but they're all mostly very comforting.
Speaker 2: Oh Dan, Yeah, yeah, my dream all the time. I are not though, I just know it's because I have anxiety.
Speaker 1: Last email, I was listening to older episodes of the show on the iHeartRadio app. I think it was May of last year. You were trying out new taglines and slogans for the show, Dave. You would read them and make a joke about how stupid they were. At one point, Dave called Rich to joke about how terrible they were, and Rich got really serious and said, say them anyway, because Corporate paid a lot of money to research good slogans for the show. I remember that they were just ridiculous slogans. I wish I still had them written down, but they emailed like, say these slogans on the show, and it was something like a little burst of sunshine every morning, the Dave Ryan Show popping up on your radio to bring you a little joy in your life. Something. Yeah, fucking stupid. And I would read them sarcastically, and I'd be like, I can't believe we got to read this stuff. And Rich called in and he said, stop making fun of the slogans. Our research department spend a lot of time and money to research these. So I would read them as straight faced as I can. And then Rich called later that day and said, you fucking dummy, that's a joke something like that. Yeah, do you remember that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember it. I think this was the in between time of me stubbing and me on the show, so I didn't.
Speaker 1: Hear any was here early.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was here. Yes.
Speaker 1: So it was all a set up, Richard. Apparently you and rich had written up these awful stupid taglines yep, and I had to read them. But it was all a joke to see whether I would fall for it, and I did, but I didn't, but once he chewed me out, then I did what I was supposed to do and it was a joke. Anyway, my question is what happened to those lines and was Rich really upset with you for calling him to make jokes about them or was that part of the bit. No, it was. I've explained it, so now you get it. So oh, you guys, you're so funny. Minnesota, Goodbye. Send your emails to Ryan's show at KADIWB dot com.