Speaker 1: Turn that off right now? You're not allowing to watch Instagram videos? Well, we're about to do a show.
Speaker 2: Why because do you like my hat?
Speaker 3: He refuses to start engaging with the show until it's actually already happened.
Speaker 1: Or until the topic turns to him.
Speaker 3: No, he just like he's still on break more until like five seconds after we were already started.
Speaker 2: Hi, Eric Grimmer, what do you want?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Why are you so mad? I mean this week should be like happy? I love you too, and I do love your hat?
Speaker 2: Thanks?
Speaker 1: Do you wear that out?
Speaker 2: And about sure?
Speaker 1: Or just for the show just to let you know how things are. Well, I'm sorry for you about that. I'm Laura Kane. This is Laura Kane. After Dark producer Brian runs. Everything he does, he does his best and he does a great job. And today tonight, whenever you're listening or watching, we are going to focus on being single in San Diego. Because my roommate number one Marie, my roommate number two Antonio, the three of us are single. So we did a thing this weekend where it was like speed dating, but it wasn't. It was something a little different. And you have to buy tickets. I think they're like nineteen bucks apiece, and it was at a brewery and it was like a meet and greet sort of dating thing, something out of the box. We decided, all three of us we went together to experience it. And I met the woman who is the marketing person for this place, for this company called Jigsaw, and they put on a bunch of events for singles all throughout the year. And so we're going to talk to her and interview her. But I wanted to give you some stats about singles in San Diego.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, they're all depressed.
Speaker 3: They're all very lonely.
Speaker 1: Do I seem depressed?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do I no?
Speaker 2: Deep down?
Speaker 1: Deep down? Well I am on antidepressant. So there's that. So there is.
Speaker 3: So you're right, but I one of those things requires the other.
Speaker 1: The only reason is because they put them on that. They put me on them when I was in rehab. And my philosophy is I'm just going to keep taking them because I'm too afraid to see what happens if I go off of them. So why not. That's what they're for, a big deal.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm calling on that. Okay, whatever.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So in San Diego County currently there are four hundred and thirty three thousand and seventy four single women. Sounds a little ass from the internet. I looked up who knows?
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, so we know it's the best available information.
Speaker 1: This is the information I just got.
Speaker 3: On the site of your sources, Laura.
Speaker 1: Fifty two percent of the two point five million people twenty years and older in San Diego County are unmarried. Doesn't mean they're single, but they're unmarried.
Speaker 3: Fifty two percent of the two point five millions.
Speaker 1: People who are above twenty and older okay in the county are unmarried. Okay, fifty one point one percent of those are men, so it's very even.
Speaker 3: Wait, so half of all adults are single in San Diego.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I just wrote down. I don't.
Speaker 3: Okay, anyways, continue don't confuse me.
Speaker 1: So there are many ways to not be single. There are many dating apps. I've tried many of them, including sugar Daddy ones. We won't go back into that. It was many, many years ago when I was work a lot more stupid than I am now. I've tried bumble, I've tried plenty of fish, I've tried hinge, I've tried e harmony, I even did that way back in like two thousand and eight, because I thought that would be the best one because you have to fill out like pages upon pages upon pages of things about your personality and.
Speaker 3: You were desperate, and.
Speaker 1: I thought it was the best one.
Speaker 2: Because what's the one that the the women say hi to the men and every time he said hi to guyd'd send you a dick peck?
Speaker 3: What bumble hinjs? Are you talk about one where the chicks had the message first or.
Speaker 2: Are you just talking about well, every single it seemed like every single time she messaged the guy and said hi, they did oh it was hook up. They didn't even say hello, they just sent a dick pic. Yeah, and then she would be like, oh my god, she'd send it to me and I'd make it into it like a lollipop or be careful with that.
Speaker 1: You know what you should do because he covers them up so well with his artistic drawings.
Speaker 3: We cannot show it now, you can't tell it. No, we can't show it. That's illegal.
Speaker 1: I would really love to show, like do a gallery art.
Speaker 2: No, it's so illegal.
Speaker 3: We cannot do that. Don't ever show anyone that stuff. It's so illegal.
Speaker 1: Well, I haven't gotten a dick pick in a long time. But actually I shouldn't even have said that because I don't.
Speaker 2: I really know they're not really going to get a bunch.
Speaker 1: So this company is called Jigsaw Dating San Diego and they have happy hours they where they play games. The game that we played was like a Bingo and and you had to go around and like mingle with people and then ask the questquestions on this bingo sheet and you had to write down the name of the person that answered it and then if you got bingo, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was my god, I want to create one of those Bengo sheets. The questions like what kind of questions?
Speaker 1: Really a horrible one?
Speaker 2: Yes, have you ever had chlamydia? Oh?
Speaker 1: My god?
Speaker 2: Like do you like anal?
Speaker 1: So I pulled the woman who is the marketing person for Jigsaw, and I pulled her aside and I did a little interview and I said, would you be on our show to talk about this company and the different ones that you represent in dating in San Diego and being single in San Diego in general, And she said, of course. So we're going to call this number right now. I call Her name is Carolyn Mattini. She was super nice and when I was annoyed talking to some of the men that were there. Oh, by the way, that's why I had to lie about my age because it was forty five, was the app But I didn't want to be in the fifty to sixty five year old group.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but plus I wanted to be with Marie in my roommate. She's twenty nine.
Speaker 3: I think the age pool that you guys are interested in, at least it should be different.
Speaker 2: That age pool is called deadpool.
Speaker 3: That's so mean, except yeah, that's Laura's.
Speaker 1: I Actually, the reason I did it is just for the experience and.
Speaker 3: Just to see it trying to snack a twenty five year old.
Speaker 1: You know, I do like them young, not that young, though, Oh I do. I can't help what I'm attracted to. Okay, for teacher, not that young though, My god, you're years younger.
Speaker 2: Graduate lord.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this is Carolyn.
Speaker 2: And does Carolyn know that you took ten years shape ten years off your life?
Speaker 1: No one, she won't know that, Okay.
Speaker 2: She will. I tell her. What she watches herself on is.
Speaker 1: My phone up? Is the is the sound up? Because here we go it's not connected. Why is it not who it is?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I always do this, I always get confused.
Speaker 2: Well, Hi Laura, Hi.
Speaker 1: Carolyn, you are on Laura Kane after Dark. Welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 4: Thank you, pleasure to be here. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Hye, Carolyn.
Speaker 1: That's Eric Rimmer, my co host.
Speaker 4: Hi Eric, how dooey?
Speaker 2: Good? How are you?
Speaker 4: And this is producer the earthquake? You too? Did you? Guys?
Speaker 2: We did?
Speaker 1: Are you okay? Did you survive?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I didn't even feel it at all. I was evacuated from work for like one minute. We went out by that was it.
Speaker 1: And you didn't even feel it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, it was very short, but Brian felt because he was close to the closer to the epicenter. But anyway, the reason we have you on the phone is because we had such a great conversation at the event on Saturday at the Brewery, and I thought it'd be great to have you on to talk about being single in San Diego and the different things that are available now to meet other singles in this county. And I really thought that the event was unique. And I love the idea of speed dating, and I know that that's something that's out there as well. But I was hoping Carolyn Mattini that you could talk about what it is Jigsaw does and the different events that you're involved in and that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely, Yeah, that was a lot of fun this weekend. It was great to see you there. And yeah, so Jigsaw is a new type of dating app that's not just wiping through photos because as you know, it's really difficult to meet people nowadays, you know, online you're hiding behind the screens and you never know what you're going to get and it's nerve wrecking having to you know, just chat back and for message message keep track of all the emails. But Jigsaw is actual, you know, it's an online app, but it's also you know, in person events that they have nationwide in every major city and several times a month there is a Jigsaw meet up. There's a mid day happy hour mixer, there's a painting and wine event, there's the you know, speed dating at different cafes. There at really really fun venues all over the city. And this past weekend it was at the the Brewery. The Oh I'm drawing a blank and I've got to say their name because they were an excellent venue.
Speaker 1: It was I remember I was drawing a blank too, Mesa. It was really nice.
Speaker 4: It's on the tip of my tongue, okay it so anyways, Oh Ballast Point, Yeah, sorry, Ballast Point. They have amazing We did one at their location in Little Italy and the past weekend it was at the other Carmel Valley Carrol Canyon Road location and it's such a big space, great venue, great food, great drinks, and people had a lot of fun. So you know, you get to actually see the people in person, and it's great networking and it's just you know, expanding your social circle and putting yourself out there. And it's a lot of fun because at each of the venues, you know, there's just like we did one at the Aero Club and Mission Hills and it's like Chucky Keys. You know, you're just playing a lot of fun games and you know, getting to know people. So it's like it takes the edge off up and Jigsaw provides all these tools, like these fun ice breakers cards and the speed dating is very structured, so it's like you get this dedicated time with each person. The the men will sit down across from a woman and then you'll have like, you know, a few minutes to have a conversation. You can use the ice breakers or just kind of improv and you know, make up your own conversations and then at the sound of the bell, the men stand up and you know, rotate to the next person. And it's also you know, we have every population, age group and persuasion too, so you know, we're we have LGBTQ events. We have just a little something for everyone, and so you know, it's just it's something different because how can you really, you know, get a feel for who that person is just through you know, the app and it's and.
Speaker 1: The cat fishing possibility and everything like that. That's always a scary thing because you don't really know at least you see.
Speaker 4: So I saw people have been vetted through the app, and it's that's great.
Speaker 1: There was a man who was there who was he looked very, very shy, and of course I went up and I talked to him because you know, I wanted to, you know, break the ice with somebody. But what would you say to somebody who thinks this is a good idea and says, you know what, I really want to do it, but it is shy? Is a person that doesn't normally put themselves out there. Why should they do this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we we have the support. You know, we're like really good wingmen or wing women, and so we we get a lot of that. Like I have seen so many you know, people with social anxiety, and you know, they'll show up and they'll tell me that and you know, they're not really used to this, and we just kind of were there to support and you know, we we really do a lot of like you know, coaching, and we help them through it and and by the end of it, they're like, I'm so glad I did this. You know, at first I was nervous, but you know, and then they keep coming back and they just kind of get more comfortable with it, and they make new friends and they go out on dates and they just you know, a lot of people, I've had a lot of successful you know matches, a lot of people I've run into. I'm like, oh, I haven't seen you at the Jigsaw events and they're like, yeah, I met this. You know, I'm dating this person through Jigsaw and you know we're exclusive now, and so it all works. Yeah, the statistics really have shown, Like I saw one study that said people that meet through you know and online and dating app they're more likely. I think it was something like in the ninetieth percentile of success rates of really you know, finding their perfect match that they're really satisfied with and in a committed relationship long term. So so yeah, it's it's a great way to do it because as you know, we get in our comfort zones, we get in our you know routine where we're just you know, work home, watch Netflix, and we don't go out, you know. So it's yeah, and even if you do go out to the bar, you don't know if that person out there is really you know interested with their relationship status is So having that dedicated spase of you know, knowing this group of people are you know, people that are have been vetted, they've got great careers or they've got you know, great personalities, and they're you know read and interested in a relationship.
Speaker 1: So if somebody wants to know when the next event is, where should they go and uh and find it?
Speaker 4: So they should download the Jigsaw app or go to the Jigsaw website and just sign up and you'll see all the fun events that we have coming up. And like I said, they're in every major city nationwide.
Speaker 1: Oh jig science. Yes, yeah, are you a single person?
Speaker 4: I am dating and I host the events and so I am you know, with someone exclusively, but you know, I am a very good wing woman and I would love to help people and so yeah, so I'm just the host of the event. So I am just there to to support and facilitate the games. Last weekend we had the fun bingo scavenger hunt type game. So yeah, all kinds of things like that. So that's that's my role in the Jigsaw Dating app world.
Speaker 1: Well that's a good one, and thank you for doing that, absolute and thank you for being on the phone with us, Carolyn Mattini and Jigsaw Dating App. That's what we were talking about, and we really appreciate your time and your knowledge, and uh, good luck to you in the future events and hopefully I'll see it one.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Yes, absolutely, Okay, I have a great night. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Bye Carolyn.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we sat around this table. Okay, this is totally something I would do because I was getting uncomfortable because there it was there. It was men heavy, believe it or not. I thought it was gonna be a lot more women men I.
Speaker 3: Feel like I'd see more men of these things.
Speaker 1: So there was a big round table and I, Marie and I set ourselves down and we each had those cards where you ask the questions or whatever, and they were like they were such softball questions. I'm like, I'm gonna spice this up a little bit.
Speaker 4: Oh no.
Speaker 1: And there was this one guy that just kept talking and hogging the whole conversation. So there was some other men that I was like, I feel like they need to participate. So I was coming up with all sorts of questions. So I felt like, all right, everybody, we're gonna go around the table.
Speaker 2: I totally was so BOSSI is bossy.
Speaker 1: I don't even what were they doing working, Like what was my problem? But I'm like, all right, go around the table, and I want you each to say one word describing yourself best. And then I did a lot of other things like that, and then people started to get up and leave the tape.
Speaker 2: Oh I colored, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I also want to tell you about something that Marie did, which I think is great because as a single young person in San Diego with a business, she runs three restaurants, she has no time.
Speaker 3: She's such an ambitious dater or too.
Speaker 1: She really is. She gives it, she tries, she does, but she also you know, she's from France, she's been here for a while. She has some friends, but she also wanted to meet new people. But how do you meet new people when you're running a business and you have no time? And where do you go to meet like girlfriends? So she found this site, this group of people, and she met up with them. It was like a breakfast meeting and it was like networking and also exchanging numbers and meeting new friends, meeting new friends. It was like a friendship meeting service. So I thought I'd give you a couple of different ones that I saw online because I think this is a great idea, because how do you meet people? Well, she's young, but like at my age, how do you.
Speaker 2: Meet me at funerals?
Speaker 1: That's what I do, other people's funerals, like are friends that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Geez, So you're like so so sorry to hear about so and so what do you think when do you think you'll be ready to date again? Well?
Speaker 1: I wish she was home, which she's she works so long and so late. But she really enjoyed it. She got a lot out of it. She got some phone numbers and it's just really special. So sorry, have you been taking your medicine? Okay. One of them is called City Swoon. The other one is Creative Mornings San Diego Dreamers, San Diego Adventure Hub, girls who walk like if you if walking is your thing and you want to find a fellow person who likes to do the same thing hiking, There's all sorts of people who like to paint people girls pint out. If you just want to go drinking with somebody, there's the worst names I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Are bad, bad names.
Speaker 3: I would no offense. I would not join any of these on the names alone.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like creative Mornings. I would change mornings to spell m O. You are yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this says to me, this is a morning meeting because for those of you that work in the evening, it's perfect and it's creative. I like it.
Speaker 3: It's but you're way too optimistic for anything. It's so hard to convince you.
Speaker 2: Is Brian and I have Hearts of Stone girls pint out. That's awful.
Speaker 1: That is actually the most.
Speaker 3: Yes, but so cringey.
Speaker 1: It seems like that would be the most one of the most popular ones because it's you have something to ply yourself, Brian.
Speaker 2: We should we should communicate. We should do a men's one, and I'll just call it circle jerks.
Speaker 3: There was one I didn't because it's funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see look at that. Look how creative I am.
Speaker 1: There was one on here for San Diego puzzle enthusiasts. Oh there's something for Everybody's what I'm trying to say. So if you are find yourself at an age where you're like working so much and you need a girl, you need your tribe. As a woman, you need your tribe. And if you have lost some friends along the way, or you things have happened and you need some more women in your life, I would look into this. Just google you know how to meet friends in San Diego, and there's all these things pop up.
Speaker 3: Look, the only so many things to do now. The only dating service you need is craiglist. Men looking for women and women looking for men or men looking for men.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do I'm going to do one called like like dong molding molding classing class or something.
Speaker 1: There's a funny story about God.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'll Oh, God just tell it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's about somebody I used to work with, and she's hysterical, and she went on Craig's list to actually look for oh like a little part time job gig.
Speaker 2: Hell ya.
Speaker 1: So she comes in, Oh no, and she's like, you, guys, I found this job that pays four thousand dollars by night. Yep, but I don't know what this means.
Speaker 2: Oh no, And.
Speaker 1: She's like, what's book hockey?
Speaker 2: Oh no, she.
Speaker 1: Was swin astern and she had no idea.
Speaker 2: And she signed up for him.
Speaker 1: No, she did not yet. She wanted to know what that meant. She's like, is that like some kind of OREGONI yourself, you're all kind of But that's where when I think of Craigslist, I think that things.
Speaker 2: Like that looking like a human, Crispy Kreme donut.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, maybe that's where I can go and find my cheap car rental Craigslist.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, just don't mind the dead body in the trunk that, you know.
Speaker 1: And then I also heard that Facebook dating is no Boyno, you know how the wait what there's singles on Facebook? Like you can there's like a oh god, are you kidding? I heard that that is like kind of a little bit on the shady side. I don't know. Maybe no, I know, well, I know you because you're apparently perfect and your life is perfect. I forgot that I'm the only messed up one in this place.
Speaker 2: I just didn't even realize Facebook had a dating thing on it. Uh huh, that's how little pay attention to it now.
Speaker 3: I bet the demographic is right up your alley, Laura. Oh yeah, Laura told old man.
Speaker 2: We should we should do a bit. Since they have it, let's do a profile for you.
Speaker 1: Marie and I made a pact that when she got home from her trip where she just got home from her trip, we were we were going to be completely serious and create an online dating profile and be uh make it, make it really good on purpose. And we haven't figured out which site we want to use yet, but I'm going to do it.
Speaker 2: I'm not help you.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't want it to be like I want it to be real and authentic and also creative, but like I want to be I want this to be serious. I'm not doing it for just kicks.
Speaker 2: I'm going I'm going to work, Brian, let's do this. We'll help them. And I mean I've already got the picture, like you'll be dressed like a Catholic school girl and she'll like she hopped off.
Speaker 3: Of We just need to go out to like a hip place where young and old people like gather and do it the old fashion way.
Speaker 1: I would love to do it the old fashioned way, but I just doesn't seem to be warm just this.
Speaker 3: I don't know that it is working well.
Speaker 1: Or I'm spoke. Oh here's Marie right now. Oh yeah, she probably won't want to go on, or my psychic told.
Speaker 3: Me that I was going to meet some God no please, no, Marie.
Speaker 1: I just talked about the friend group that you went to. Do you feel like talking about it or do you I talked about it for you, But did you enjoy it? Would you do it again? And I think, yes, okay, see yeah, I think it's a great idea. And she came home, well you need friends.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh I know how it works.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying that's not where i'd go to play the game.
Speaker 1: And so they were just kind of like feeling it out, not really serious about it.
Speaker 3: That's a separate issue, but that is an issue.
Speaker 1: So in order like do it if you're really serious you go somewhere cool, you find someone attractive, and you go and ask you go and talk and ask their number. That sounds so easy, but it's not.
Speaker 2: No, it is that easy.
Speaker 3: And now it's uncomfortable, but it is that easy.
Speaker 2: Laura. I'm going to go with you the next time, and I'm going to be like basically your suitcase pimp. I'm going to go around the guys to be like, hey, what do you think about this? Let's just go out. It's not it doesn't have to be a complicated. Okay, you're going with us?
Speaker 1: Do you want to come? All right? The four of us are going to go out.
Speaker 2: Wait, I have a recommendation. I went.
Speaker 3: I went to University Heights this last weekend. Dude, great place. It's like North Park.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no homeless people. Oh, there's no trap park and it's quiet.
Speaker 1: Where did you go?
Speaker 2: What parking rec? Oh, parking rec.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the music was awful that night, but it's a great place.
Speaker 1: All right, here's what you're gonna do. You guys are going to be seriously our wingmen. You're going to help us out and the and we will come home with a phone number.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, I can't promise Laura that.
Speaker 2: But oh I can all of a sudden, you can be Marie's wingman. I'll be Laura's and she'll have She'll have like a purse full of numbers, because I'm going to tell people that you can put your knees.
Speaker 1: All I don't want it to be a joke. This is gonna be.
Speaker 2: No. God, let's trust me. Let's not make any promises.
Speaker 1: Let's all right. We're going to hit the town to do it the.
Speaker 2: Old thing and are going to need to take the front door off and just put a turnstyle in.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be like, oh my god. Okay, this is it is on, It is, it is on.
Speaker 2: Game on.
Speaker 1: We will get out Eric's paper calendar. We're going to set a date. We're gonna have a dude by the end of May.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't get too ambitious.
Speaker 1: But all right, all right, end of twenty twenty five, man, end of summer. How about that.
Speaker 3: You can make that go for yourself, okay, and of summer?
Speaker 1: Sure, bingo? All right. Anyway, I hope that helped somebody that maybe was looking for something like that. I thought it was a cool thing, and I I want to I miss having somebody in my life. So this lonely, but I kind of.
Speaker 3: This is about to get depressing.
Speaker 1: I'm not depressed.
Speaker 2: Well, here's there's some bullet points that I'm going to like I could even do what like I could do even like one of those presentations with like the little you know what would you.
Speaker 1: Put up on your power points?
Speaker 2: Excuse me, on my on my power point. I could just bring like a laptop up with me and you know, have your picture. One of my bullet points to be that you have no gag reflex.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're not We're not pipping her out now. I'm gonna be honest with you, though you're gonna face you're gonna face a little more challenges because.
Speaker 2: You're on the older side.
Speaker 3: Understood, it's gonna be a little tougher for you.
Speaker 1: Well, I think then, you know, obviously your job is to find the older guys in maybe job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, job discot, Marie, I've got you.
Speaker 3: We but we need to we might need to hit more like restaurant bars, not just bars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe like a buffet.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, not buffet, but like classy restaurants they also have a large bar in them.
Speaker 1: University Heights will have something.
Speaker 2: Maybe we could go to Lafayette.
Speaker 3: Lafayette is a young man's place, but we can't go there because I do love the Lafayette.
Speaker 2: Hey, Laura's just ten years younger overnight. True, So there we go.
Speaker 3: But we can do University in North Park because they're all on the.
Speaker 1: Same Yeah, all right, are you up for that challenge? Well, for her, it won't be a challenge. She's like, no, it's just such a catch.
Speaker 2: We're gonna we're gonna have to start at like two o'clock in the afternoon, Okay, because you know.
Speaker 3: How you don't nothing starts until eight pm?
Speaker 1: Oh God, talking about himself. He wants to be in bed by like forget.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but you know where we could go for Laura. We could go to Walmart. Yeah we could. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: I've been there many times. I have not seen any potential.
Speaker 2: That's because you're too busy. Tried to get Elvis out before he ships in a nisle. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I went to peb this last weekend. So yeah, and I wasn't drinking because I was driving.
Speaker 2: Awful that. I don't know how you can.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you can just stand being in peeb without being hammered. It is awful.
Speaker 1: I've met I never connected with the PB scene even when I.
Speaker 2: Was in college.
Speaker 3: It's like, I mean, it's, first of all, it's so trashy, it discussed so trashy. And there's a million lines to get in, Like the line is like an hour to get in anywhere if you like. And the bars aren't even nice, they're disgusting.
Speaker 1: What about Little Italy?
Speaker 3: Is that a good Oh, it's good, but it is that's a little classy restaurant place.
Speaker 1: Not there's gonna be a bar ishaly to go out to dinner.
Speaker 2: Okay, North Park is a good safe bet. I like the University Heights.
Speaker 1: I like that idea.
Speaker 2: Oh, Marie, what do you think about this? Here's another ballpoint that I would have for me. Yes, I would say, because you're on the older side, you're a little nervous and your handshake, so you won't have to really, you know, put a lot of effort into a hand.
Speaker 3: John, that's so not Wow, that's so classy of you.
Speaker 1: He's been like this all night.
Speaker 2: She's gonna she's gonna wide up with a good one. Marie.
Speaker 3: You know you would think that for Eric that he would be good at talking to men, but clearly he can't sell a woman to a man. And to save his life.
Speaker 1: Oh your lord, you guys are not going to have a problem. I am, because he's not gonna take this seriously.
Speaker 2: I will, I will be game on, I be all business.
Speaker 3: Okay, form hold on for guys, it doesn't For guys, it's not hard. It's just expensive. You gotta buy chicks drinks.
Speaker 2: It's not which is Oh, you better start saving your money when you broke into that safe, did you have any sort of a backup?
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's gone. It's it's empty, and it's broken and I had to buy a new windshield.
Speaker 2: So then you better wear a T shirt that says thirsty on it, because no, it is on.
Speaker 1: I'm excited. We'll pick a date and this is gonna be good. I love it. I love the idea. Anyway, Thank you Carolyn for being on our show.
Speaker 2: Here's another here's another bullet point, brain, she can't get pregnant, dude.
Speaker 3: He actually he makes a good point there, but I wouldn't lead with that on the on the.
Speaker 1: Don't leave with any of the sexual stuff, or don't even don't even lead with rehab, even though I have oftentimes done them and I don't you should?
Speaker 2: Why would you? Why?
Speaker 1: I get nervous and I talk too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah so you. Yeah, here's what we're gonna do. Okay, So here's let's say we're in a bar. Okay, we're we're in a We're in a bar. Brian is my prospect for you? Okay?
Speaker 1: Is he his age?
Speaker 2: No, I'm older. No, he's older. And I see him across the bar and I'm like, oh, this is this is the guy for Laura.
Speaker 1: What if I say, Okay, he's cute, I'm into it. What's next?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm gonna go up to him and I'm gonna be like, hey, single, see the girl over there? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this would not work?
Speaker 2: What this would not work? Why, I'll first thing out of the gatles I'll be like, hey, she can't get bringing it. No. No, here's what you have to lead with.
Speaker 3: You have to leave with, Hey, my friend thinks you're hot, because otherwise oh.
Speaker 2: True, Wow, you're gonna be in a lot of trouble. Like I better work on your game.
Speaker 1: You better work on your game too, and make it serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we both because we're both been out of Well, I've been out of the loop for a long time. So okay, well Leon, what this is gonna be good practice for all of us.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say, do you have a leaf blower for the cobb for the cobwebs and the tuble weeds.
Speaker 1: That's really gonna they don't get.
Speaker 2: A cob just a broom will do?
Speaker 1: You know what? Before we end this episode, I want you to give me three good bullet points, serious bullet points that you would share with a prospect.
Speaker 2: You have the best personality in the entire world. You have to be true.
Speaker 1: Yes, they have to be true.
Speaker 2: Start again, Eric, Okay, you have a great personality. Okay, great body, super super funny and down to earth not quite funny.
Speaker 1: Uh, You're not going to say anything about a body.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to touch that with the tem foot pole.
Speaker 2: Did you not hear me?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Yes, he said. She she's ahead on two legs.
Speaker 2: Just she's all legs. She has no torso. I just disagree the funny because you don't laugh at anything like that is.
Speaker 3: A bunch of comedic. Yes, sometimes you make other people laugh.
Speaker 2: You're more of like the laugher, not like the joke. Teller, you know, and I'm picking out here's the other thing. I'm picking out your outfit and your makeup. Are you interesting?
Speaker 1: Are you going to be more conservative? Are you going to sex me up?
Speaker 2: Are you going to I am not going to sex you.
Speaker 1: Up, all right, I'm not going to look preppy.
Speaker 3: You know, you have to do like tiny tease. I would say mostly classy though, yeah, classy. You don't want to be like y teas Like, there's gotta be a little bit of teas there.
Speaker 2: Like you don't look like a prude, right, and with your hair like the Beachi waves, you know, like your hair and the Beachi waves.
Speaker 1: I do a dress or like jeans and now hot cute top, boot.
Speaker 2: Jeans, jew top. You need a going out outfit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, jeans you're like a cool like trousers.
Speaker 2: I would recommend jeans.
Speaker 1: Like nice pants, okay, nice pants, pants or a long thing.
Speaker 3: I know, I was just out. I actually don't know. It's more about the top. The top is more important.
Speaker 2: What to show off the girls.
Speaker 1: Yet well not.
Speaker 2: Conservatively a little bit, a little.
Speaker 1: Bit as a man, a straight man, besides the face, what attracts you like? What outfit would attract you immediately. If you saw some girl, what would you what would you like?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: This is nice.
Speaker 3: I mean this is subjective. I'm not a fan of super revealing. Like it's sure, it's fun, but like someone you Yeah, well it's just not someone I actually would like. That's not it's probably not something long term that I would be interested in.
Speaker 2: I think most men like the mystery of it.
Speaker 3: I don't think it depends if someone's just looking for a one night thing.
Speaker 2: No, they don't need to be a mystery that. I just think that. I just think it. I don't think it matters if it's guys or girls.
Speaker 1: Leave something today, Yeah, I mean you don't.
Speaker 2: Need to see everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's not just about imagination. It's just like I mean, I don't want to be too like I'm objectifying here, but like no one, no one wants someone who's just you know, looks like a street walker.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure, male or female?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, absolutely. You don't want to look trashy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I have a lot of good you're gonna pick it out.
Speaker 2: Trash does not compete with class.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I would like to be known as a classy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a classy. You're a classy dame.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I try to beat occasionally. All right, anyway, thank you guys. I hope you have a great weekend. I hope I see you this weekend. You probably will plan our little outing. Yes soon, we'll give you details. And uh, thank you guys so much for taking part in our podcast. We love you. You're our family, and I just think it's the best thing ever. And I think you're the best thing.
Speaker 2: I think you're the best thing since big bread.
Speaker 1: Really that's beige. I like that bread is.
Speaker 2: Age and the best thing since brown rice.
Speaker 1: I think you're great too. I really appreciate you, and I think that you're super smart and I love having you on the show.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty cool like that you are. Thanks cute.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that's before this gets too far.
Speaker 2: Love your podcast, Love your podcast.
Speaker 1: I love you, my sweet sweet babe.
Speaker 3: Love you Brian, bye, Thank you, love best.
Speaker 2: I love you, oh my baby. Bye.