Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Word is John Caldera is turning over a new leaf. Let's go ahead check on that. Hey, John, welcome back to the show. Uh, it's always been inside me, don't you know?
Speaker 3: I care. I care about your future. I care about your kid's future. Dan, I'm doing this for you.
Speaker 1: That's why you're taking my tax money because you care about.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: No no, it's not the tax. Oh good, Oh that's what you think. No, oh yeah, I care about your children.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 3: I want to make sure.
Speaker 2: Your children grow up in a world where they can breathe.
Speaker 1: Hmmm. I always had you pegged as an environmentalist. Exactly beautiful thing. So I didn't even know that Nissan made a lyef. I'm and I do have to ask this, John, what what man would drive a card leaf?
Speaker 3: Is there something?
Speaker 5: Is there?
Speaker 1: Some other big announcement coming here?
Speaker 3: So how to put it?
Speaker 2: When the office found out as one woman in my office said, oh you you just don't.
Speaker 3: Want to get laid. And where do you work.
Speaker 2: Independence institute that wonderful Yeah, where you can talk that way. Absolutely No, no, not not at iHeart, but where I work you can talk that way.
Speaker 3: It's actually tell the story.
Speaker 1: It's a fascinating It's got me wanting to go to the car dealer now, you.
Speaker 3: Know it's it's it's ridiculous, all right.
Speaker 2: So the green industrial complex is the most crony form of government we've heard about the the military industrial complex. You understand how cronyism works, and land deals and all the rest. When you think about it, that's nothing compared to what is being given to Excel Energy, what's being given to car companies, what's being built, what we're all paying for in our taxes and in the products we buy. Long story short, I added up all the all the stuff that the wonderful taxpayers of Colorado are paying for me to buy a new car, and I was like, oh man, this is this is basically free. So, long story short, I decided to give it a test. I got a thirty two thousand dollars electric vehicle for fifteen grands.
Speaker 3: All right, So this is this is I and I found out there are.
Speaker 2: Other guys who've done better than I have because they didn't get this little thing or that little thing on it. And if they live in a better zip code that doesn't have sales tax as high as mine in Boulder County, they I know, I got it for under fourteen grand. It's a it's a I only buy. I always buy used cars. I think cars are one of the biggest wastes of money there are, unless there's some car company that would like me to do endorsements, in which case I would track that. Yeah, it's just they're they're they don't make sense to buy new. So I only buy really used old cars, and I drive them until they drop.
Speaker 3: And the reason is because I know what women like. And there's nothing.
Speaker 2: Sexier, you know than a than a guy driving a old dots in two ten without any hair.
Speaker 3: And uh uh, so I keep doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When I looked at this, to get a good used car for fifteen grand, is you know, I guess I could. I would find something that'd be as much as I'd ever pay, But I thought, why don't I just see what this is this is all about? If you're going to give away this much money, and I don't think people realize how that money is given away. One the FEDS gave me seventy five hundred dollars, but you dupes in Colorado gave me another twenty.
Speaker 3: Five hundred dollars on top of that. That doesn't explain.
Speaker 1: Have you ever spoken those words before? Thank you, Jared.
Speaker 2: Pols, Thank you Jared Polis. Remember, by the way, this is the same Jared Polis. The same legislature who doesn't have funding to put people in jail, doesn't have funding to fix our roads, and next year are going to cut our road funding.
Speaker 3: By one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: But they've got enough money to pay white, upper middle class guys who already have a car a second car. If you look at the statistics, most all electric vehicles are owned by some who already has a car, and overwhelmingly they're middle class, white guys. They already have a car. I've got a two car garage and I needed to fill the space and it's just embarrassing. The one part that is not as well known is the subsidy you get for the tailpipe emissions, and it works like this. Why is Elon Musk so very very wealthy, and oh.
Speaker 3: Well it's Tesla. Tesla is great.
Speaker 2: Well, Tesla doesn't make that much money selling Tesla's. They make gobs of money selling tailpipe emissions credits to.
Speaker 3: The other car companies.
Speaker 2: A car manufacturer has to have in whatever they build, has to have x amount of tailpipe emissions per vehicle, and they all go over it, all of them.
Speaker 3: Except one because one company.
Speaker 2: Doesn't make any cars with tailpipes, So they get to sell their tax credits, their pollution credits to their competitors. Think about how sick that hits. So they don't do anything different and they just sell their product. But their competitors have to pay them this money in order to sell the cars you want. So there's an extra seven grand in my silly little leaf that is paid for by everybody else who buys real cars that take gas, because they're paying seven thousand dollars more.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the two obvious questions are when are you writing the check to the treasury? And then does all of you fit in the leaf?
Speaker 2: I've lost a little weight and so it does you know, I've never driven an.
Speaker 3: Electric car before, and how to put it?
Speaker 2: You know that feeling when when you're not feeling well and you might need to, you know, use the bathroom real fast. It's the same feeling when you dri have an electric car because you just don't know if you're gonna make it home in time.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, well, yeah it is. It is kind of an act feeling.
Speaker 2: I mean, because I'm looking at the battery charge and it's kind of like a golf card. It's like, I don't know if this is going to make it. I don't know if this is going to make it. Uh and but so far, so good, you know, and for tooling round car at round town. Now I've got a second a second, wow car, it's more like a Yeah, it's more like a.
Speaker 1: Golf can you take it on the golf course?
Speaker 3: But how do we try? You made a purpose.
Speaker 1: I am up for that, my friend, I am up for that.
Speaker 2: But it really does tell you, you know. I I bought this thing tongue in cheek, and I was like, fine, if you're gonna I I take every tax deduction I get on my income tax form.
Speaker 3: I do what I can to plan. I'm like, wait a minute, the the.
Speaker 2: People we've put into office are going to give me seventeen grand to buy a thirty two grand car?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: No, And I'm so glad you came out on this because I didn't know all that was happening. I did not know all that was happening, and now I'm kind of intrigued. I've never driven an electric car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of you know, it's kind of cool. It's different. It's like a fast golf cart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it can go pretty fast quickly, but it just can't go far.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, my friend, and not to be Danny Downer. I know that it's a Friday afternoon, but you know the kind of work I do, all this catastrophic stuff. What about safety?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: What about because honestly, I was just talking to Amy last night. We have such exciting conversations about how we're seeing so many more of these like big high speed rear end crashes, because you got all these people are drugged up and crazed and they're driving one hundred miles an hour. But is there going to be anything left for what'll be the most widely attended funeral in Colorado history? If God forbid, we lose you in a leaf crash.
Speaker 3: Well, especially if I get hit by a light rail.
Speaker 2: I think that would that would be the biggest celebration in town. The Interestingly, there there are some safety factors you don't you don't think about. Uh, since these things haven't been around that long, you know, we don't know what the lithium batteries do. You don't know what the what has to happen to recycle the lithium batteries. So surprisingly, it has an eight year guarantee on the battery, but after that it goes down pretty fast, which is why the resale value isn't that great. I think they've got the fires under control. So if my house burns down, it's because there's a there's a big lithium battery in my garage. What's odd is that that there's there's uh the amper.
Speaker 3: I think it's the amperage.
Speaker 2: I'm not a I'm not great on the olms versus amperage versus waters thing. But it puts out something like four hundred vaults or something out of it.
Speaker 3: It's to the to the motor.
Speaker 2: So they have these orange cables, and the orange cables under the hood are are very clear, like don't cut this because you'll die. So there's there's that safety. It's less likely to flip over because there's such a heavy car and the batteries are underneath, so that that works.
Speaker 1: You got that going for you? I for one second only because they're against our herd break. Can you come back in the next segment because I also want to ask you about your interview with Sheriff Weekly.
Speaker 2: By by all means yeah, it's a Friday night, what like, I got a date.
Speaker 1: Not when you want to leave. Yeah, John's track, Barrel's with us, and we're going to come back in and talk about his really compelling interview with Sheriff Weekly about gang infiltration in and around Denver and more. You're on the Dankpla Show.
Speaker 5: And now back to the dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 1: One of the many benefits of Donald Trup's victory. Yes, because it's finally a dance everybody can do. Even I can do this dance.
Speaker 3: You can do this dance little fists in the air. Yeah right, It's just like I just thought you were doing this for celebration in my new car.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, another jab Really one of John's most fun columns anyway, Complete Colorado, John writing about getting his new electric leaf, which you and I paid for, by the way, or at least a big chunk of it. So we've had a fun conversation without that.
Speaker 3: You especially, I want to thank each and every one of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, my pleasure. And well, all, uh, what day do we get it? Where's the sign up sheet? We got a texter, says ask John about insurance on the leaf. I heard it's higher with an electric car.
Speaker 3: Oh, that might well be. Oh, I will definitely check that out.
Speaker 1: Well, it's going to be higher than your used car, right, because your used car I think fifteen years old?
Speaker 3: Yeahs who buys new cars? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, And I was going to ask you what's the best used car to buy? Because I did that last time around. I got a used version of a car I'd always dreamed of getting. And like tonight, I'll drive my son's Jeep home he's away at school because it's in the shop again. It was in the shop two months ago for a month and a half. So where do you get these used cars that just keep running?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, since I've been doing this ever since I was a kid, buying used cars because it was all I could afford. I got really good at finding them. But ever since the left's desire to screw over poor people, particularly with the Cash for Clunkers program, and it's been harder and harder and harder to get good used cars that you know, I check out on Craigslist or now on what is a Facebook marketplace, and I could always find something. I mentioned my column a car. I bought it out of college for five hundred bucks and I drove it for three Yeah, I sold it for nine hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And when you're going to task, Yeah, when cash for clunkers came along, and they're they're one man's clunker is another one's freedom machine. And so again the left that constantly says we're here for poor people, jack's up the price of cars. And again, as we explained in the last segment, you now have to pay for the emissions credits that they have to buy, and so cars are still more expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I just want to see the leaf foot color. Is it green? I'm sure?
Speaker 3: No, No, it's a very manly blue.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's in the shop right now. I'm having flames painted on the side. I think I think that don't do it. Amy's gonna dig it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I have no doubt just because she digs you. But but you had quite the interview with Sheriff Darren Weekly about gang infiltration and threats against our law enforcements. So Phil folks in on that if you would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the wa way, check it out on YouTube. It's Devil's Advocate with John Caldero. Just go to thinkfreedom dot org. We have it up there, thinkfreedom dot org. Darren Weekly is the sheriff of Dunco and a really outspoken guy. He spoke at the Trump rally which angered a lot of his constituents, and I asked him about the about the the immigrants who are coming in and causing the trouble, particularly the Nicaraguan doing no I'm flanking out here Venezuelan.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got leaf brain and it'll do it. And he said something just shocked me.
Speaker 2: He said, I heard about this from law enforcement in other states before I heard about it from anyone in Colorado, that the Venezuelan gangs are targeting Denver in the Denver area, and that they were targeting law enforcement, that they had the okay to go after law enforcement, including himself.
Speaker 3: So he's on a Venezuelan.
Speaker 1: Hit list, And why am I hearing about this from out of state before he's hearing about it in state?
Speaker 3: Right? They didn't really hear about it until.
Speaker 2: The media got hold of that incredible film footage at that complex where the Venezuelan gangs don't really live. I keeping up, No, they're not really here. We're arresting them now, but they're not really here. Uh, nothing to see here, nothing to see here. And I was thinking, Wow, so the guys in blue have to get their safety information out of state if it's if it has something negative to do with illegal immigrants.
Speaker 1: Let's listen to this sheriff on that for a second, John.
Speaker 6: Gang leadership had given them clearance to kill police officers in the United States. How do you know that intelligence gathered from various sources?
Speaker 7: And did all police departments in the metro area know this?
Speaker 6: I originally heard it from another agency outside the state of Colorado, and then Colorado Intelligence put it out shortly thereafter.
Speaker 3: But I initially heard it from another state. You heard it from another state.
Speaker 7: Yes, that gang activity is hot in Denver, that they've been okayed by their superiors to kill law enforcement, and that complexes are being taken over by by gangs.
Speaker 1: Yes, so John killers live with us and John, where can people see that full interview?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go to thinkfreedom dot org and there's a link right there at the Independence Institute, Paige, And by the way, or you can check out Devil's Advocate It with John Kelder on YouTube or any of your podcast platforms.
Speaker 3: So that actually makes makes for a great Listen.
Speaker 2: You don't get to see my beautiful face, but Christmas to Yeah, you know, you don't get to see the car crashes, but.
Speaker 1: You can live without that. In our last maybe forty five seconds, John, why do you think law enforcement had to be first hearing these things from out of state.
Speaker 2: I can't prove anything, but immediately you and I probably have the same thought, you know, the same culture of we're going to bring our cops to the border of Denver to stop Trump from deporting folks. Is that we're not going to let any bad, potentially dangerous news seep into Colorado if we don't have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, even if it risks the lives of our law enforcement officers and our citizens.
Speaker 3: And our citizens.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know, I flash back to when the Hickenloper administration, John Hickenloopers said on that information kept it from the public about the vicious serial attacks that were going on in Lodo. And yeah, yeah, just stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But well there with Jenny's Griswold saying, you know, well, we're not going to.
Speaker 2: Tell people that I gave away all of ours because we don't want people to panic.
Speaker 1: Come my lord, how much worse can it get? I think we'll find out. But John, hey, thanks for the time man in great columns. Can you post a picture that of me driving my leaf belief? Maybe after the flames get painted on, I'll.
Speaker 3: Be sure to get it to you. I'm going to make your calendar.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, thank you, have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Take care, Thank you.
Speaker 1: That's our friend, John Caldera. When we come back. Douglas County Commissioner Laura Thomas until recently she just resigned, reading a piece from Colorado Politics citing harassment from fellow officials. Laura will join us after the break on that Dan Capla show.
Speaker 5: You're listening to The Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Suspected CEO killer could be a disgruntled employee or client, so it's interesting that they're starting to narrow it that Way. We'll keep you up to speed on that during the course of the case. Seems to be stuff breaking on that all the time. Thanks to John Caldera who joined us a second to go and a really compelling segment as well with John Casteele at four thirty six on the show today. Beautiful thing happening in Douglas County today with Kendra Castillo Way now being a new major thoroughfare of the old Lucent Boulevard. Let's go to the VIP line. Welcome Laura Thomas back to the show. There has been kind to be with us many times over the years, and Laura, I was wow when I saw the headline today that you've resigned from your role as a county commissioner in Douglas County. Just had to get you on and find out what's going on. So thank you for joining us.
Speaker 8: And thank you for the opportunity. I've known you for a long time. Yeah, and I eve called you three years ago when my fellow commissioners George Chiel and Abe Blayden were attacking me with false narratives about me, to see if you had any advice or legal opportunities to help stop this. If you remember that, So you have been on this four year journey that I have been on, with the hate, the accusations, the censorship. And what happened is on Wednesday, two days ago, George Teele and Abe Laden directed staff to have staff in my office in the County building Monday morning to clear out my office so that Kevin van Winkle, who won my seat in the November's election, to move into my office.
Speaker 1: Now, you're term limited, is that right, Laura?
Speaker 8: That's right, jan I am term limited and I am in I was supposed to be in office until January fourteenth, so I still have had six weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was going on with that? I mean, aren't you entitled to keep your office till the end of your term?
Speaker 8: And now, Dan, I have never heard of anybody being kicked out of their office. And I've been texting commissioners across the state that I have worked with for at least eight years, and they are all shocked at what George and Abe demanded staff to do. They have never heard of anything like this ever before.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, So you resigned today? Boy, it seems like you've been on that board for so long now, So where, if anywhere, does it go from here?
Speaker 8: With this issue, well, with this issue. I think this part goes nowhere. But I did file a lawsuit against George and Abe back in August of twenty twenty three, and we are continuing through the Douglas County courts system on that lawsuit.
Speaker 1: What's the gist of that.
Speaker 8: George and Abe made false and baseless accusations and tried to get the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Department to criminally charge me. I hired a criminal defense attorney because I was facing possible felony charges although I never did anything wrong. A Rapaoa County Sheriff's office cleared me of all wrongdoing. George and Abe are refusing to pay my legal bills, although the state law requires that they do so, and so I'm tired of being bullied by these guys and I'm going to hold them to account.
Speaker 1: Well, silver Lining, it has to be a relief now to be out of the middle of.
Speaker 3: All of that.
Speaker 8: I would think you are absolutely right, Van, I have such a level of peace. I've had people from all over calling me and saying are you okay, And I'm like, I'm sad that I left, that I was forced to leave I had no choice. I was not going to sit in my office Monday morning. Well, employees were ordered to come move my stuff out. Think about how humiliating it for them to move a came?
Speaker 1: Oh sure, very hard on them. Yeah, wow, Yeah, I haven't heard of anything like this before. But had they ever made any effort to say, hey, can we just you know, come up with some kind of plan to get the new guy you know, coming in so he can hit the ground running and then let you leave on a pace that works for you. Had they ever proposed anything like that?
Speaker 8: You know, Dan, I offered to move out of my office on January sixth, and that would have given them whole week could clean my office.
Speaker 1: Here ready, And they wouldn't go for that.
Speaker 8: George and Abe refused to allow that to happen and said, no, staff was going to have to move me out of my office. I could not stay in it.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 8: Well, there was their office available that Kevin could have moved into very easily. And I need to say that Kevin was on the phone call, on the office call when we were discussing this matter, and at no time did Kevin van Winkle say, you know, wait, I'm happy to move into that extra office and let Commissioner Thomas fulfill her term with dignity. Kevin never said that either.
Speaker 1: Well, boy, I'm sorry it came to all that, Laura. But but what's next for you? What's next for you in life? Any politics?
Speaker 8: I don't know about politics. What I know first of all is that I have been beat up for four years by George and Abe, and my soul needs to russ and I will know when I am healed and I am ready to get back into whatever God sends my way. It's really God. I listen to God. He is going to help me know what.
Speaker 3: I do next.
Speaker 1: It is always the right thing to do. But well, I sure wish you the best.
Speaker 8: You know, Dan, you've been a personal friend for years. You're an excellent attorney. Thank you for this quick phone call and know that I still care deeply about my constituous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, thank you, Laura, appreciate the time.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Dan, God bless you guys, you too.
Speaker 1: You take care And yeah, well said that it came to that, But it sounds like Laura has some peace and do Yeah. I've known Laura forever. You've definitely been friends, and our office not in connection with any of this kind of stuff. But our office has provided some legal representation as well. So I've just always known her as a real neat lady and did a lot of good work. And I'm just sorry that this chapter ended this way.
Speaker 9: But.
Speaker 1: I'm sure she will have a much more pleasant next few weeks out of that pressure cooker. Eight five to five for zero five two five five the number. Wow, Hey, let me get to these jam lines. There's so much going on today. Why don't we go down to a beautiful Colorado springs, Colorado. Talk to Warren, you're on the Dan Kapla show.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna ask you a couple of questions. What do you think Trump's going to do for what kind of a What do you think his offer is going to be in this or there in Ukraine that he says he thinks he can do it in twenty four hours? What do you think he's have the idea what he might be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my guess is that Russia is going to get to keep some territory and that Ukraine is going to get security guarantees short of natal membership.
Speaker 4: Okay, well that's what I've been seeing in the news too, and the other question I had for you if you ever do you know a professor named John Mursheimer doesn't ring a bell?
Speaker 1: Is he the guy who gave me the ad? I think they fired a man to that. No, no, no, I don't think so. My friend poor.
Speaker 4: Attempted you may You got a six minute video on YouTube the professor. He's in the Air Force for ten years, way back. But he's really smart and articulate, highly intelligent and well respected throughout his deals international politics. He's got a six minute video called the most Important Video on your Craine. I highly recommend you to watch it. It only takes six minutes of your time.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, Warrenot, I'm guessing he agrees with you on Ukraine. But but I appreciate the call and hope you have a great weekend. We've got this hard break here everybody else on the line. I promise I'm going to get to you right out of this break. To our great Texters as well. Another wild day with you know in the Daniel Penny trial, what a disgrace he was even charged. In the latest on the CEO murdered. Lots more new information today you're on the Dankapla.
Speaker 5: Show and now back to the Dan Taplas Show podcast, John.
Speaker 10: Petterman ultimately working with folks like Elon Musk and for Baked Ramaswami who will be it?
Speaker 1: Yeah again, I.
Speaker 3: Admire mister Musk.
Speaker 10: He's been involved in very important parts of American society, AI, SpaceX and other kinds of things. Yes, he's on the on a different team, but that doesn't make me an enemy. I don't be automatically going to become a critic. It's like, hey, he has made you know, he's made our economy and our nation better, and our politics are different, and I don't agree with some of the things that he might say, but that doesn't make him, like I said, an enemy.
Speaker 1: I think America wants to hear more of that eight five five for zero five eight two five five. Obviously I disagree with Fetterman and a lot of big issues, but I think he's taken the right approach there. By the way, quick, let's call it a trivia question, though not so trivial. How much do you think Elon Musk spent to support the Trump election? Because there's just been some new filings today, how much? What would your number be?
Speaker 3: One hundred million?
Speaker 1: Kelly I would say two hundred million. Yeah, according to the recent filings, and he probably spent more, but a minimum of two hundred and forty million, Thank god for him, and thank god he spent that money. And my guess is that he spent it very wisely.
Speaker 11: So I think I might have asked you a version of this question before, But do you think Donald Trump wins the election without either Elon Musk's full throated support and dollars behind it, or RFK Junior joining forces with him without either of those two things happening.
Speaker 1: My first thought is he doesn't win without both happening, without the combo pack, right? Could he have won without one or the other?
Speaker 11: Maybe?
Speaker 1: And what a great question you asked. Let me take it a step further, okay, because I think both were vitally important. But I think in the end, because of Trump's strength and prior accomplishments, heroic response to the assassination attempt in Butler, and the weakness of Kamala Harris, I think he still wins even without that.
Speaker 11: Well, because you said it from the outset when that happened, as unfortunate and horrible as it was in Pennsylvania, that I agreed with you. I couldn't see any circumstance where Trump loses Pennsylvania after that.
Speaker 1: Now, because so many people then that, yeah, that guy's special. I want that guy in the wall, even those who don't like him. I want that guy in the wall. But Dave, let me mention a headline that's popping up here in CNN that's going to confuse a lot of people. Ryan, it's his headline that talks about sources say the killer may have used a veterinary gun in the killing, and I hope CNNA is explaining that in more detail. Listen, these these veterinary pistols are are very common tools of assassins. And yes, they're used by vets to you mainly put animals down in certain situations. That's why they're called that. But they're also used by and have been for a long time, used by professional killers because of the fact if you pictured it wouldn't look like your standard pistol. It would look like the barrel is much more of a pure cylinder, and it's it's telescoped a little bit, and it it because it has that suppression device on the front. So when you hear veterinary gun, yeah, I think some people may be thinking, Wow, did he modify something that's used to shoot a darter or this or that. No, this is this is a full man sized pistol. It's just referred to that way because vets tend to use it in part because of the suppression of the sound. Wow, excuse me, let me squeeze in another collar here, Rick, you're on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 9: Welcome, damn chuse I'm going to remind you and your crew and everybody out there to put up their flies, if not tonight, for tomorrow. It is December seventh. Uh, poor harbor. Dan yeah r said the famous speech days they will live in infamy. It is what kip I mean, there was the kipping point of getting a lot of our fathers and a lot of people's grandfathers into the war and having to deal with that nonsense. I mean, yeah, you know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, man, Hey really appreciate that. Thank you, and thank you for that call. Heading into the weekend, I'm going to be in a jury trial next week, and so we're going to have this star studded crew hosting the show, and you're gonna have George Brockler and Heidi Gannall and Christy Burton Brown and Deborah Flora and combinations of those folks and others and all the great guests they bring on. So do I just give my key card to you on the way out, because I'm sure it's not going to work when I get back from trial.
Speaker 11: Well, I know Monday is going to be a real hoot because we haven't been able to have George on because he's been running for offices.
Speaker 3: And now that's over, right.
Speaker 11: And I can only assure listeners that you will be in store for a lot of humor and comedy and high jinks and tom foolery and maybe even shenanigans with George and myself and Kelly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And these are all such talented, smart people, oh yeah. And it just goes to the point there is so much great talent in the GOP. Yeah, And so what's it going to take for it to break through statewide? But there isn't It's going to be a fun week on the show. And you know, honestly, it's one of the things I'm proudest of over the decades on air is you know a lot of people, you know, with subs, they want to get somebody nobody would ever want to listen to right, get them back here, get them back into Where's Dan? I've always gone out and got stars to fill in for me.
Speaker 3: Got yeah, you got a good rot? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, I I owe it to the people are kind enough to listen to this show. Get great talent in here it yeah yeah. And so no, that's that's going to be a real fun week. And uh and then depending on when the trial ends, I'll either be back in on Friday or the following Monday. And now we're going to get Pete Boyles in. And you know, there's this new movie out on the horrific murder of Allen Berg and Pete and Allen were very close and and so get Pete in and talk about the movie and talk about related issues obviously that you know, we're living through a moment now when we have a CEO murdered in New York and we've been keeping you up on the latest there and still not at all clear what the motive is there is is it a misdirection play? You know the language on the shel you know that that implies that the killing was carried out in connection with protests over claims handling et cetera. That might have been the motive, or it might be misdirection. You've got to believe authorities have identified the killer at this point, are they following the individual hoping to find out whether whether that killer was working with others. Anyway, I'm sure we'll learn much more each day. Hope you have a safe and wonderful weekend. And yeah, we have the Firm Christmas party tomorrow night, so I'm going to craft it highlight any year. Looking forward to that, Ryan, thank you for all the great work. Kelly, have a wonderful weekend, and hope you're back Monday on The Dan Caplo Show