Speaker 1: Billy Cunning out the Great America and welcome this glorious Wednesday afternoon the tri State. Tomorrow is going to be the hottest day of the year, hotter than the hinges of Hell. And then by the weekend things are going to work out a little bit. REDS Baseball kicks off about five forty to night lost of course last night to one run the Oakland Athletics, too soon to be the Vegas Athletics. I guess we'll see what happens there. But number one, with all this stuff going on with the EEE virus and I supposed to get another COVID shot, Tony Benner tells me he's gonna line up for another COVID shot. Plus we have shingle vaccines going to help with Alzheimer's. So much going on. And Liz Bonus, the health reporter, of course at channel to twelve Local twelve. Where the fireworks will be on Sunday night? Liz Bonus, where will you be for the fireworks on Sunday night? The Western and Southern WEBN Fireworks the forty eighth edition. Where will you be if anywhere?
Speaker 2: Well? I have friends that have the ideal watching plate. They literally one of my girlfriends, uh purposely rents this apartment every year just to watch it right by the river. So I was down in Covington hanging out there, and everyone brings something, and there's like food that literally covers like four house fronts, you know, just to like feed everyone. So I brought like a veggie tray last year, and no one ate it.
Speaker 1: No chicken wings, Margarita's I'm not a vegete.
Speaker 3: You looked.
Speaker 1: You seem to me to be a veggie tray kind of a woman. Is that correct? You would not bring like meat loaf and ice cream, you'd bring a veggie tray, right, Well.
Speaker 3: So I would, because I like vegetables. Like even if I want a burger or something, I still want something like with it to balance it out.
Speaker 2: So I always make sure I bring something I would like. And then I'm amazed that no one else would like that.
Speaker 1: Nobody. What about Zips? You have ever go to Zips and Zips the best?
Speaker 3: You know? I have been to Zips. Yeah, but I tried the meat burger. There they have that, now, do you know?
Speaker 1: There you go? There you go again, the non meat. If you go to Zips, damn it. Get a double chase burger with ketch, a onion and pickle fries on the side and a coke. Would that be possible?
Speaker 3: Well coke no, no cold power.
Speaker 1: Megan Ally, let's get on to this. I saw the other nine on Local twelve. The EEE virus. Explain that to the American people.
Speaker 2: Okay, so there is We've had the first death sadly in the United States. It was a New Hampshire of a forty one year old guy who died from ee E.
Speaker 3: And it is this equestrine.
Speaker 2: Equestrine which is you know, usually horse related we think of or equine, but it's a virus that you get from mosquitoes. And what we know is that we've been looking out for westn Allen all the rest and we've not really.
Speaker 3: Been paying attention to this and so what yeah, what it does.
Speaker 2: It's Eastern equine encephalitis is what they die. But it's something commonly called triple E. And sometimes you hear of it as like the sleeping sickness where you get bit and all of a sudden, all you want to do is sleep. But it's similar to something like West Nile, where a mosquito bites you. You don't know you have it, you start to get fevers and muscle pain, and usually the bad sign is when your mental status goes off and then your body just shuts down. And it's really sad because you don't even often know you have the virus until it's pretty advanced in your body.
Speaker 1: Is that in the Tri State the EEE is had here along with the West Nile.
Speaker 3: Well, so here's what we did yesterday.
Speaker 2: We went out with Hamilton County Public Health and we had them show us how they track and trap mosquitos, and then they send them in the state Health Department. They say, hey, check these for West Nile. And we've got West Nile in most of our mosquito pools in just about every part of the Tri State.
Speaker 3: But they would have to specifically check those mosquitoes then for this EEE. And so far we've not had reports of this. Here's the problem with the EEE. It's that you can have Eastern equine. You can also have Venezualen equine.
Speaker 2: There's all kinds of different That same problem can be have several different types. And so I'm working with something really interesting that we're doing a story on later today. I'm Local twelve Velocity Clinical Research, which has a whole bunch of research studies. They did the COVID vaccines and all that. They're actually working out a vaccine for one type of this EE, and the military really wants it because you know, you're out in like swamps and stuff like that, and it's and they're using have you ever seen those air guns rather than injectables. Whether they'll put it right up against your arm and it shoots it into the muscle without you having.
Speaker 3: To have a needle. Yeah, they're testing it with air guns. Isn't that cool?
Speaker 1: Love it right now? I give myself a high cholesterol instead of taking satins. That was messing me up my muscles. You know, I have a six pack and eight pack, my bulging muscles everywhere. And the more satins I used, the more pain I felt. So carryokas game this injectable deal. I put an injectable deal in my thigh every other week and the pain is gone. It's unbelievable. So I like the injectable As long as talking about injectibles, well, what about these weight loss drugs that are injectable and many men and women are doing them? You know more about it than most is that something we know the results. I think a fen Fen in Kentucky, what happened with Hart Valves when someone used fen Fen? Are these injectable drugs for weight loss? Do we know the long term effects?
Speaker 3: So we do know a lot of them. They started testing.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've been following some of those what they call what they are is GLP ones and they delay the gut emptying. And I've been following that research, I have to tell you for more than a decade.
Speaker 3: So we have some.
Speaker 2: Idea of what will happen if you delay gastric emptying. And essentially usually it makes you feel less hungry and then you eat less and you will lose weight.
Speaker 3: But if you talk to people who just like.
Speaker 2: A shops, they were not prepared for the fact that if you look at there's what they call a number of side effects that we we don't know how or how many people get them or how bad they get them. They're kind of what they call, you know, side effects and numbers unknown, but they'll be things like shaking and fevers and like I feel like I'm going to pass out. There's very weird things that people will tell you that they'll find from the stomach glue, tide or any of those weight loss injections, And that's what we're just starting to see because we didn't know until half.
Speaker 3: The world went on them. The biggest thing is, you know, if you're going to stay on or if you're going to go on those, they have what they call rebound weight game. If you don't stay on them.
Speaker 2: Most people can't even keep it off. And I don't mean to get like kind of gross if you're eating lunch right now, but people will tell you that you start out on that and you get constipated for like you won't go to the bathroom for like nine day, Like it's so bad that a lot of them are like I can't stay on this.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Why, but things like you know this constipation, the stomach pain, hair loss, blistering, burning sensations, like all kinds of weird things that like we don't know really how prevalent they are because not everybody was on it until now.
Speaker 1: Tony Benner tells me about side effects and include flatulence. What can you tell me about flatulence at work? That's always an embarrassing.
Speaker 3: I know that is so true.
Speaker 2: We I grew up with brothers so We rarely had a meal conversation that somebody wasn't talking about passing gas. So I'm very comfortable talking about this. And there's there is a product that's still out there, but a lot of people don't know about it. Yeah, where it's called pino before quiet after remember.
Speaker 3: That after Okay, yeah, bino, And you take it with some of the foods that are gassy and.
Speaker 2: It will write, it'll break down.
Speaker 3: The gassiness that usually it comes from things like you know, brock, glee or fiber. And you know, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: It's not a pleasant side effect. But when you eat the way you should, you probably should have plenty of passing gas going on.
Speaker 1: Well, if nothing but fruit trays and salads, you probably have less flatulence than a double change burner from zips. Is that fair to say that salad doesn't produce flatulence?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Sometimes it does though, because it has fiber in it, So you know, I wouldn't rule that out.
Speaker 3: And that's not a bad thing.
Speaker 1: All right, To go back to GLP DASH one side effects, aren't there a I've read somewhere that there may be positive side effects. In addition to losing weight, you've got to stay on it, maybe for the rest of your life. It was just something I read of the JAMA about positive side effects, much like Tony tells me about viagra, that it was it was developed for one reason and then it had the an effect that, shall we say, enhanced male performance on the other and didn't know about it until they went through it. And so yeah, and between GLP one and viager, I think Tony's trying everything, But what what can you tell me about a positive side effect of GLP one?
Speaker 3: Poor Tony, He's become our experimental person, like it. Let's Tony trying.
Speaker 2: Actually, there's a lot of them. There are sexual side effects, they think. Some people are reporting that it simulates the same center in the brain where you would have an orgasm, and they're better because of that. You'd have to talk to those people who say that, and why that happens, we don't know. There are some people who say they can quit drinking alcohol if they want, or they're drinking less because they don't have the same addiction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, usually you know, those two things you think about going hand in hand. So I thought I'd mentioned this, But and then there's some thought that there's a reduced risk for certain cancer, specifically looking at colon cancer right now, where they might see a difference in people who are on this drug. Now, whether that's because you lose weight and and weight we know influences hormones, and hormones influences cancer, we're not really sure, or whether there's actually something in the gut that gets your gut better balance, because gut balance, now we know, is really important. You know that, right, That's the whole I.
Speaker 1: Worry about my gut balance all the time. I had a pork chop last night from Montgomery, and I was thinking about my gut balance. But damn it tasted pretty good. So yeah, So on this sexual effect on GLP one, does that involve women in addition to men or just men, because you know, sometimes women need a little jump start, according to Tony Bender, So is this something that might get a woman all excited if you.
Speaker 3: Look up the research about what we know? Now, keep in mind, we don't know how.
Speaker 2: Frequent these are because we're just getting them. But both women and men.
Speaker 3: Report sexual side effects.
Speaker 2: Some say that it changes the libido, It can go up or go down.
Speaker 3: Some say that it increases the sensation. Some people say that their bodies have less energy, so they don't have as much dizaz in the bedroom. You know, you have to ask the person that's feeling that.
Speaker 2: I don't think we know enough, but we're definitely seeing it from both genders.
Speaker 3: I will have you know.
Speaker 1: So you need some research. We need some real life research on this. Is that correct? If you ever thought about going to Zips, get double cheeseburger and get some onion rings, maybe fries, and then have a coke, then drive around the corner, go to Greaters and get like a banana split as Liz Bonus ever done that.
Speaker 3: I have not done that. But now that you've planted the idea, maybe maybe I should dry.
Speaker 1: You're in great shape. I'm thinking maybe you need a cheeseburger and some malt now and then. But let's talk about the COVID vaccine. I've taken six versions because according to christ Hospital, I had to, and I'm in the mode now I'm not taking any more COVID vacs. Tell me why I'm right or wrong?
Speaker 2: Well, did you get it yet this summer, because but everybody else did not.
Speaker 1: To my knowledge, I don't know if I got a call. You know, I refuse to test anyway, and I don't want the vacuo. So I might have it, but I don't. I'd rather be ignorant than smart. So I don't know. You know, and I don't know. I don't know, and I don't care, so I don't. I don't know should I, should I get the vax or not.
Speaker 3: So you need to ask your personal position whether you should get it, and I'll tell you why. If you are a person of compromised immunity, we are so far away from the variants that were in the original vaccines.
Speaker 2: We're now into the kp ones, twos and threes, and those previous vaccines don't give you any coverage. The problem is, even if you had COVID before, you might not get any coverage either.
Speaker 3: There are people who say, I got.
Speaker 2: COVID this summer with these new variants, and it was like I got it for the first time, right. And I have to tell you, I have a brother who's a complete no vaxed person, won't do it, and he just got out of the hospital.
Speaker 3: He at a lung clot.
Speaker 2: And the last time he had COVID he got clots. I mean, like we were looking for it this time. But it's be very serious. So I think you need to look at your risk profile. And if you're a person you know what happened to you when the first time you go did end up in the hospital, you might want to consider the vaccine. If you are like, okay, now that you've got your wonderful Heart team following you and they say you're gonna be all right, then you know, maybe you can go without it. But we have a summer surge, I mean, you know, a significant like numbers tripled now, nothing like they were when it first started. But we're going to get a winter surge we always do, of pretty much any virus that thrives when people get next to each other indoors.
Speaker 3: And you know, as you always say, like if you're kissing Tony, we're going to have some problems here because that's gonna spread.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, though the version of COVID now out are putting people in the hospital who otherwise would not have been there. But then if you get the vaccine and you still I know one guy who got the vaccine, he still went to the hospital because he was so sick, sick as a dog. So getting the new vaccine doesn't mean you won't go to the hospital. But it does mean you're like they have less effect. So it was up to you, would you get the vaccine yes or no? Liz Bonus, you're the man. You make it happen, and the new vaccine, yes or no.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've had three. I did not get the fourth one just be hounce, and I just didn't.
Speaker 2: I felt like I wasn't at risk in that I might get this next one moving into the October time, just because I think we're gonna, if it's anything like summer, we're going to have this kind of nasty season of it. So I'm kind of considering it. And it's mainly just because think about where I go. I go into all the hospitals to interview people I go, and you know, some of it is about me saying well, and some of it is like, man, I feel really bad I gave it to you know, one of the people that I'm interviewing that has some kind of compromised immunity, and I, you know, I feel some sense of responsibility for all that.
Speaker 1: I don't feel any responsibility, So that's good. Tony Bonner feels no responsibility. So and and the other thing is, uh, this is going to be around for the rest of our lives. And uh, some people I know got the vax and the vaccine made them sick as a dog immediately. And someone very close to me, a woman got the vaccine three times, and each time she was in bed for a week after getting the vaccine, and she's now saying, look, I'm not getting any more vaccines. And what do you say about that person?
Speaker 2: There are people who say that they get flu like symptoms when they get that, and that usually means that you have actually a pretty strong response to the vaccine, which isn't all bad. It's your body making into bodies to fight back.
Speaker 3: But you know, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I have had very few people tell me that they got so thick that they had to stay at BET. Most people just steel kind of achy and have a sore arm and that kind of thing. And that's why they do a lot of those studies. They can measure that you build up immunity. But some people when they're building that up, you know, you feel kind of crummy, right, So I wouldn't tell you not to get.
Speaker 3: It for that reason.
Speaker 2: I'd tell you that you probably had a pretty good response to it, which means that you should be better protected.
Speaker 3: Are pretty well protected compared to some this winter. But like you said, it's going to be here every year.
Speaker 2: So just like you make a decision about the flu vaccine, right, And you know, if you ever had the flu and you got to crawl downstairs to try to give a glass of water, you get a flu shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I had the flu ten years ago and I never had a flu shot every year. I now get it at Adrian Pharmacy and madeir I get it because I don't want to feel like my body has died. And I thought, oh, and I haven't had the flu since I got it, But I will see what happens. But Liz Bonus, I'm glad you're there. And I guess the number one piece of advice is have trust in your doctor. And if your doctor says yes, do it. If he says no, don't do it. If he says maybe, it's up to you. I always tell my accountant, I want a one armed accountant. Don't tell me on this hand you can do this and on that hand you can do that. I'd like a one armed doctor. Tell me yes or no. Don't put it on me to make the decision. You tell me what to do, and I'll do it. But Liz Bonus, once again, thank you, and we'll be watching Thursday night for the fireworks. I'm sorry. Sunday Night for the Fireworks is going to be a great evening. Liz Bonus, once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Liz Bonus, you're a great American.
Speaker 3: Back at you, Willie.
Speaker 1: God bless America. Let's continue with more flatulence, viagra and more at your home of the Reds playing tonight. Hopefully they'll win by one or two runs. Unlike last night, they called another one up. On news radio seven hundred WLW, Bunny