Speaker 1: It is the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle. It is Luca Day. Don't forget. We'll have the game right here on the Homa Dallas Mavericks Basketball nine some point won the Eagle. Pregame starts at six. Game starts about six forty three if you want to be super exact. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: And now it's time for Basis week Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt Fontweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 3: All right, the story involves the city of Mesquite and surrounding areas. Here in DFW, let's go to Fox four Steve Eager and Heather Hayes.
Speaker 4: My crew you a new company that will soon be able to deliver up to eight pounds of groceries is now over Mesquite.
Speaker 1: Fox for Lori Brown has.
Speaker 5: The story Autonomous drones are providing a new way to get instant deliveries and Mesquite.
Speaker 6: Because there's nobody flying the aircraft yet, the system does itself.
Speaker 5: Instead of lowering the drone and dangling a box, zip Line has engineered a secondary device, a high tech cooler equipped with a propeller.
Speaker 6: An air comes very gently down to your backyard and it releases the package and it's back up before you even know it.
Speaker 5: The zipline drones remain at around three hundred feet at all times during the delivery, high enough that it can barely be heard when it is above your home.
Speaker 3: Okay, I get a little more of I want to stop it right there. So it's a drone, it's got cooler in it. And then when it knows that it's above your house, it's three hundred feet up, so a football field, right then a zipline lowers the package down onto your front or.
Speaker 1: What is this? Okay? So when I think of a zipline, I think of something that's connected to two points. This is just a drop rope.
Speaker 3: It's a rope that's strong enough to hold the up to eight pound package.
Speaker 1: It's like Navy seals drop it out of a helicopter. Yeah okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: And it looks cool, but there's not a chance in hell that this is going to be flawless bright.
Speaker 7: No, no way. Just crowding the airspace alone is complicated. Where it lands, is it easy for someone to steal it? At the end of March, I saw they were testing a drone that was delivering a car battery, and they dropped it and it fell through a windshield after a lady had just put her toddler in the back seat.
Speaker 1: They crushed the windshield.
Speaker 7: Luckily everybody was okay, But I'm like, this is by no means a figured out situation. I would also say that this is not a practical situation. What is eight pounds of groceries get you?
Speaker 1: Like that is gonna be someone that's just kind of ordering something daily. I'm glad you.
Speaker 3: Said that this actually ends up making a little bit of sense to me. Okay, and again keep in mind though the three hundred feet thing, yeah, football, like, how high are we have now? We're three floors.
Speaker 1: Up, so it's about ten feet of about thirty thirty.
Speaker 3: Feet, so yeah, and that means it doesn't make noise, so you won't even hear it. So you're gonna hear a lady in a second come in talking about how she has used this.
Speaker 6: Your app would have told you that if you're inside cooking right now, that your package is on your back door and the Zipple depart you for you have even realized it.
Speaker 5: The deliveries for missing ingredients or last minute birthday party gifts can arrive in minutes, and the zip can still deliver during rain and certain levels of wind.
Speaker 8: I've done several orders. I was cooking breakfast the other day and I needed bacon. I had ran out and some biscuits I can order. I can just go online, and I did it within twenty minutes. I had my bacon, my biscuits and finish my breakfast. It was It was wonderful.
Speaker 3: Right now, if you live with it, Okay, Now, here's what I do when I need something. I drive my ass to the store.
Speaker 9: See, yeah, I know that's what I thought. It was, like, how long does it take for her to go to the store pick it up? But this is just like us uber eating when we could go out and get it ourself.
Speaker 1: But this is also this is a test market, like they're prepared for her to order this in the middle of her breakfast. You're mean to tell me that if every one of the Metroplex suburb skits that Walmart, whoever's right on the case, they're gonna have to have a lot of drones. They have to have a lot of drones and a lot of people. They're loading up the drones. I understand what they're promoting. I don't, no, man, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: So here is what Walmart is doing right now. This is in Mesquite. Now this is going to be a moving to other stores. But hear this part.
Speaker 4: Hey, Now, if you live within it two miles in the Mesquite Walmart and you order through the zipline app, the delivery service is free. And soon it's going to be expanded to within ten miles of not only the Mesquite Walmart, but several other North Texas Walmart locations, but Walmart has not yet said just how long the service will remain free. In Sunny Bill Lori Brown, Foxpoorn News.
Speaker 1: Charge your ass.
Speaker 3: Well, there's about five dollars delivery fee on that if you want your bacon and biscuits.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but if you're already cooking and you need immediate emergency bacon and biscuits, I could do it.
Speaker 1: I could see myself doing it.
Speaker 9: I just said two miles within the Walmart. Though you live two miles from the Walmart and you can't just drive.
Speaker 7: You've got other things cooking, or you can't leave. What if you've got like a toddler or something, it's just taking a nap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to know more about an emergency biscuit situation. Dude, Sometimes you gotta get them, you gotta get them immediately. Yeah, you guys. Oh my god, best guts. Sorry, where's the best guts we've ever planned?
Speaker 9: Damn it.
Speaker 3: I'll say this happens every once in a while when there's some homemade guacam all we made or something, Oh, we don't need chips, and then I get in the car and I go to the store and I'm back in five minutes with the chips. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I kind of like it. I like the idea of KT racing the drones. You know what I'm saying. We can really check for efficiency.
Speaker 7: All right, Uh, good stuff there, Yes, thanks everyone, All right now, you're doing a wonderful job.
Speaker 1: KT.