Speaker 1: We still need our weekly itch of all things NFL insider Matt Lombardo. Baby, we haven't gotten it yet, but mondays there Tuesday. Whatever the hell the day it is is a better time than any. Boy Green Daily starts out.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna lose my gash turned vanillas.
Speaker 1: Boy Green Daily start snap sweets.
Speaker 3: Buggy Day, Buggy Day, Buggy Day.
Speaker 4: Let's go. Put your seatbelts on, getting ready for the ride.
Speaker 2: We're in a freaking New York Jets. We're built for the ship.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Everybody? Paul Aston Junior aka Boy Green, I'm the New York Jets digital reporter Foreavy dot com. Welcome to Boy Green Daily, a daily New York Jets video show also available where you get your podcasts and people look, it's hang it up. Shout out to the fiance. You gotta zoom in on that one and do one of these on your screen, all right and you can see it. Brett Michaels, Paul Sden and Paul Hesden again. Hop on pop that picture will be there forever. Shout out to an amazing Father's Day weekend which was terrific. I thank you guys for all the commentary of the last couple of days. I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Let's get to our special guest, what a hell of a Father's Day himself. It is our NFL Insider extraordinaire, Matt Lombardo. We have a direct link of the YouTube description down below to his substack. Feel free to get the scuba gear on and dive into the deep end of the bull. Let's bring him in. Matt Lombardo, what's up, Mat.
Speaker 5: Well, good morning, happy pervated Father's Day. And you and I touched on this on off the air last night. We were talking about what we're gonna bring up on the show. Kudos to you and said, taking your father to the concert, I have a little bit of a connection to that region where you guys saw the show to that Nue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, dude, tell.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Probably about eight or ten years ago, my father and I went to see Bruce Springsteen in the East Street Band at Hershey Park Stadium. Decided to head over to dinner at the Hollywood Park Casino where you guys saw Brett Michaels. And you know I've been known to dabble with the ponies, So we took a stroll over to the horse track, the off betting horse track, if you will, and I decided, hey, there's a race at Santa Anita. Let me throw down a three dollars exacta just for the heck of it, just to see what happens. Three hundred and seventy five dollars. Three hundred and seventy five dollars.
Speaker 1: Richard.
Speaker 5: Dinner was paid for and we had a great time at the show in the pit, great time, and I'm glad that you and your father got to experience the concert and have a really special Father's Day weekend as well well.
Speaker 1: Thank goodness, the Lombardo luck was still hanging in the universe as we won the random meet and greet with Brett Michaels after the show, which was so Yes, the Lombardo luck was very much in the air, and appreciate it. Thank you for leaving that there. You didn't have to do that, but you chose to do that. What a guy.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: You have me on the show every week. It's the least I can do to sprinkle some of that good luck over the essence. And now I'm glad you guys had a great time. Seriously, Happy Father's Day to you. And all the dads out there. Sorry we couldn't make it on Sunday. A little bit of you know, family things to attend to. But we're back and before we know it, regular season football is going to be back here as well.
Speaker 1: Paul, that's true, and Matt, quite frankly, what it really just shows is that you're willing to call some audibles at the line of group. You're willing to change your play if it's not going to work, like a boy eight Sunday's not going to work. But gave a little bluebird, red Cobra forty seven, the forty twos, the mic over there, big boom bam. We're here on a Tuesday. So we have the magic of Matt Lombardo here which could lead to unbelievable things moving forward, and I fully expect that moving forward. Speaking of unbelievable things again, between the hashmarks, Matt Lombardo latest NFL news analysis in said from across the league, some exclusive juicy stuff is going on in there. Find out yourself. Go to the substack link down below to support all things NFL Insider Matt Lombardo and if we dive into it, part of your a couple of downs, fourth down, one of my favorites. I had some New York Jets love going on there and a variety of commentary from your sourcing around the league here, Matt Lombardo, and I was fascinated to hear it, including some observations on what we believe, what we're speculating can potentially happen here with the New York Jets during the twenty twenty five season. So let's start diving in. There's a lot of stuff to sort of unpack here with all your conversation on the New York Jets and Matt, we've talked about this before. You're pasted with the Philadelphia Eagles, and it seems like it's not just a connection you have with the Eagles, that perhaps this Jets team could have some connections to the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 4: Man for sure.
Speaker 5: And you know, for the column on Monday, I decided that this was the perfect time of year to survey my contacts, reach out to the sources, the executives around the league to find out who are the teams that are going to surprise people. Who are the teams that missed the playoffs a year ago might have been seller dwellers, but because of what they've done in the offseason could surprise the upside. And Paul I had two different people mentioned in New York Jets, so decided right then, and they're okay, I have a couple of contacts within that building. You know, these people in passing mentioned the Jets that they could be a team, that they could be on the rise this year. So I reached out. I said, okay, here, here's what people are telling me. What are you feeling in that building. What are you guys believing is going to be different this time around? And we touched on this one of the first times on the show that last year the defense was built to protect leads that they didn't really have the chance to do. They wilted down the stretch. A lot of that was because of the poor play from Aaron Rodgers, the turnovers, falling behind, having to throw their way out things. But you know, there's a belief within the Jets organization that the offense is going to be improved this year. And I was told, quote, I guess we're going to wind up looking similar to what the Eagles do on offense. The offensive line and the running game set the table sprinkled in with some manageable third downs, play action shots and design quarterback runs, keep the ball and take the pressure off the defense. Finally, unquote, and it's that final way that's with me there. And you know, you think about what they did in the offseason bringing in Justin Fields. You have Garrett Wilson, You bring in a rookie tight end till you took early on in Mason Taylor. You know, I have two bookends at offensive tackle. Paul, I don't know about you. I'm not sure there's a path to climbing to the postseason this year because I think the AFC is loaded. But I can start to see the formula. I can start to see that if you believe in Justin Fields and what Justin Fields does well with his mobility backed by two really good running backs behind an improved offensive line, I could see a world where we look up in January and the Jets are hovering around five hundred or better, feeling better about themselves than they think. Okay, we have this twenty six year old quarterback, we have the system that works for him. Let's go on in and see what happens.
Speaker 1: Well, the Jets have only been over five hundred by the seasons and once over the last fourteen years, so that'd be refreshing, and why not mix things up a little bit if we could do that. There was a decade ago in twenty fifteen. But you just mentioned it there that if anything like that is going to remotely happen, it's going to come down to a variety of things. One of those things is the running backs in the backfield. Breeshall's entering the last year of his deal. We can sort of get more exploring that in a moment, but just him and Braylan Allen. The thing that I also took away from the column was the tone setting nature that some people expect to be delivered with Bristol and Brailn Allen. Brailan Awen not a lot of people may not know as well as a fourth round pick last year at Wisconsin, the youngest player NFL history, making all these records early in the season last year as a twenty year old coming in. But let me ask you about him, what more can you tell us about? There? You go, Jay Boys saying it here in the comments section. You know, keep putting respect on Agent zero as his nickname is. But let's do that as well. Braylan Allen Breeshall tone setting that seems to perhaps speak into that Aaron Glenn identity he seems to be looking for.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 5: I think it's borrowing a page or even a chapter from the Detroit Lions playbook. I mean, you look at what makes them so successful. Yes, Ben Johnson helped turn Jared Goff into one of the more efficient and prolific quarterbacks in the league, but that offense was built on two dynamic running backs with David Montgomery and Jamier Gibbs. I can see the blueprint for the Jets replicating that kind of plan. I could see Breese Hall being the two down bellcal, the explosive back, the big play threat, and then you bring in this change of pace guy with Braylen Allen, and I think that he's one of the more underrated backs in the league. I think he could be a guy that pushes for six fifty seven hundred yards four or five touchdowns, carves out a legitimate niche in this offense. And there's a lot of uncertainty over Breese Hall's future in New York and what it's going to look like two in three years down the line. Braylen Allen can figure into supplanting him and eventually being the number one back in his own right. I thought there were some moments and some glimpses a year ago from Braylen Allen. If he can replicate that and expand on it behind an offensive line, then now has not one but two bookend offensive tackles, both chosen in the first round of the NFL Draft. This could be a as the executive within the building told me, a run first round and pound offense that sets up the passing game, doesn't put a lot of pressure on Justin Fields, leans into his mobility, and it just seems like there could be a different tone to what the Jets do, leaning into their personnel and what they do best versus trying to build a round owned what the quarterback wants to do, which is what they've been forced to try to do the last two years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of the surprising things. Obviously, there's a lot of content going on right now, not from teams doing things, but from content creators creating things out in the universe. And Pro Football Focus released the quote unquote all breakout team, and for every position, they're like, hey, watch up for this quarterback or these receivers or this, or that they picked one running back in that group. It wasn't Brisaw. It was Braylan Allen, who they said would break out on the scene. And they even hinted at a little bit of what you said. Obviously, he could potentially supplant him if resol plays is here and then just simply leaves. But there was a suggestion in the PFF column that, hey, man, don't rule out Brailon Allen just supplanting Bresaw and being the guy this season with what he brings to the table, and how potentially that could work with this Tanner aank straight offense. So there is a lot of hubbub apparently this offseason for what Brailon Allen could be.
Speaker 5: Right, and again I'm not trying to lean too much on the history of Aaron Glenn in Detroit, but we saw that happen with the Lions a little bit.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: You have Dave Montgomery, who's supposed to be the veteran you draft Jamier Gibbs in Round one, explosive player, kind of a gadget guy, a little bit more than that as a rookie. You look up a year ago and I know Montgomery was banged up, so the door was open for Gibbs, who expand his role. But even before that, Gibbons became the guy, and sometimes you just have to ride the hot hand, especially the younger hand at that position. And you look Allen last year average three point six yards per cary, but he did have some explosive runs and he was still a guy that could force some mistackles in the open field. I happened to like him a lot. I think that Breese Hall has the chance to really do some special things behind that offensive line. But I think you're walking into a season where you have a two headed monster in the backfield with Bres Hall and Brailen Allen. And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we look up by the second half of the year and it's Braylen Allen who's starting to not just set the pace, but chip into and chip away at Reese Hall's previous workload as he becomes the guy moving forward.
Speaker 1: NFO n sider Matt Lombardo joining us again. His direct link to a substack is down below. You heard Matt talk about writing the hot hand. Brett Michaels would say, riding the wind as one of his great songs there on the album. Yes, I work that in there. You're welcome. Speaking of all the running here, Matt, let me get into this because you know I had to google this term. I'm like, Okay, this is a push push palooza. Perhaps that happening for the nyj You know, that's an interesting terminology. Can he dive in more? And how much more could we see of Justin fields and Toush push palooza? Because the Jets were an advocate for keeping the Toush Push in the National Football League this season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paul, this just goes back to those comments from the executive who also told me, quote, it all comes down to winning on first and second downs. Staying in front of the sticks make because third and long is difficult, whereas if you have third and short, it gives you the opportunity to go forward on fourth down. Unquote. And this is just me. The hamster wheels are turning. But if your goal is third and short, fourth and manageable, and you've supported the Tush push and you've voted against banning the play, and you have this quarterback who thrives in the running game, and you've invested in your offensive line. Over the course of the last two off seasons, the stars start to align a little bit to where if you're the Jets and you're facing third and three and it becomes fourth and one, why not put that play into your playbook? Why not add that element into what you do. It's no longer a forty one year old Aaron Rodgers. It is a twenty six year old Justin Fields, who's built for the running game, who might be a little bit more apt to withstand the physical punishment of the tush push.
Speaker 2: Play now and then.
Speaker 5: But if you're talking about relating what the Eagles do, and you've borrowed a chapter from Howie Roseman's Book of Roster Building, which is dominating both lines of scrimmage, especially the offensive line, and you have a mobile quarterback and you want to get into short yardage situations on third and fourth down, I could envision the push push or some variant of it being an element of what they do and how to keep the chains moving and keep drives moving and going strong for the Jets offense.
Speaker 1: Matt, I love our conversations where we'll of course talk Jets. This is a Jets show. Also go overall NFL another part I'd like to explore, and we could just sort of dip our toes in and see how the water feels moving forward. But you, as an NFL in center, that is one of the coolest gigs of all time. It's amazing for you to be able to build sourcing with all these different teams and you can share that information obviously here on the show. You talked about it earlier. Some of your sources, for instance in the Jets building. Can you break down for the fans how do you build sources in the NFL? How does that process work? Are you at a networking event and you're sort of, you know, sharing some whiskey, are like, hey, buddy, and there's something there. Are you both at your you know, your son or daughter soccer game, and then all of a sudden your rubbing UMAs, Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: What is the art of developing sourcing which ultimately helps you with all kinds of NFL insider scoop each.
Speaker 2: Yeah, magician never reveals his tricks, right, That's how I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding. So a lot of it, Paul comes from.
Speaker 5: You know, when I started my career, I was a beat writer, So I was in the Eagles building every day for three plus seasons. I then moved over it was promoted at NJ dot Com to cover the Giants. I was in that building every day for three four seasons. So you get to know people with practices your small talk. You eventually maybe ask for the email address or the phone number, and you keep in touch that way. But so much of it comes during events like the NFL Combine and the Senior Bowl, and you know you're all out. If you're in Indianapolis, there's about twenty different sports bars within a half mile radius of each other, so you're out and about every night. Maybe I might buy a Scotch for a general manager if I see him out there, and maybe we chat a little bit.
Speaker 2: Eventually grab the phone number.
Speaker 5: You know, agents, if I have a question about a player who I'm covering on my beat back in the day, you might forge a relationship about you know, building a feature story around their client. But they represent clients from people all over the league at different position groups, so you kind of bank that information away for when you're talking about a Trey Hendrickson who represents defensive ends, who can I reach out to It's just a lot of text messaging back and forth, a lot of phone tag, a lot of you know, pounding the pavement at events. You know, Hecker flying to Mobile, Alabama. Not too many people go to Mobile, Alabama in January or February, right for the senior. So you're in the airport, you see a dude walking around with a Cleveland Browns hoodie during your connection in Atlanta. Chances are he works for the Cleveland Browns. Right, So maybe you're fortunate enough to land on the plane. You're on the same plane, maybe you're sharing an aisle an ile on the plane, so you strike up small talk at the end of the flight. Any man, can I shoot you an email? Sometimes what's the best way to reach you? So you just kind of build your network that way and stay in touch the best you can. And you know, writing the column each week, it gives me an excuse and a reason to reach out to some of these people to stay top of mind. And once in a while they toss you a scoop and other times they're just great sources out of analysis and insight and extending the story to the next level.
Speaker 1: What an interesting mating dance. It goes on between the inside and then the dance over here, Uscott here working trying to get a number, trying to get an email, trying to you know, smoke signal, pigeon carrier. What the hell's going on now? Very fair?
Speaker 2: Running to Brian Dable at a cigar bar in.
Speaker 5: You know, one of those and these coaches that you meet while you're covering a specific beat, think one to coach other teams, and all of a sudden you start to kind of broaden out that way. But yes, it is an extravagant mating dance and ritual for sure.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know that is fascinating again, and we'll continue to try to dive into that over the coming time. This is something I want to get into. So I'm glad that we got a super chat shout out about this every time we get one of these. Are here from my daughters, Ryolna raw Phill youngfl Film ninety eight member for eleven months on the channel. I can't give you a match, he asks, What is Matt's take on the defense? What is your take on the New York Jets defense? You're Matt Lombardo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think that group could have got any more fortunate than to land Aaron Glenn as the head coach. I mean, here's a guy defensive minded, comes from a hyper competitive culture which really tends to show itself on the defensive side of the ball. I'm a big fan of the front seven. I think Jermaine Johnson, if he can get fully healthy, this could be a big.
Speaker 2: Year for him.
Speaker 5: Will McDonald, I think that he was a guy on the Comma year ago and who can't be enthusiastic about Sauce Gardner and what he does on the back end. I think it's still a little bit of a work in progress. But you know, I keep going back to the quote that resonated with me last year that they were built to protect the leads. They didn't have many of those to do a year ago. They didn't They weren't in a position to play defense the way that they expected and were built to play defense. I really think if they can get to more of a complimentary style of football, where the offense is pulling more of its weight and you can let Aaron Glenn tell his guys pin your ears back and just get after the quarterback, take a few more chances, be a little bit more aggressive I think that that's where you start to establish that identity.
Speaker 2: I think there's a lot of talent there.
Speaker 5: You know, Quinnon Williams one of the top players at his position. I just think that they were put in positions to fail over the past two years. That should be different this time around than moving forward with Aaron Glenn and this offensive stuff.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the question, Philiam. If you guys have super Chat questions or thinks of that nature, feel free to submit them in again. Each week, Matt Lombardo will join us for the first thirty minutes of the show and we'll be getting into a variety of topics. And if you'd like to hear more from Matt Lombardo, why the hell wouldn't you? Between the hashmarks baby, they're on your bleep and screens also a direct link in the YouTube description down below, feel free to check that out as well. And one more thing, let me make sure I put this up on the screen, the QR code baby boom scan that puppy get involved and you could do that just as easy as having that on your screen. We have a couple hundred people in the room like the video. Hit subscribe if you are watching on the YouTube, make sure you do so. One of my favorite bits Matt Lombardo is I'm a big fan of the Richison Show and rich Eys and one of it. And for good reason, of course, why wouldn't we all be on that train? And he has one of these sticks where he does top five on a variety of things, and like, here's one. So Trey Hendrickson, right, there's potential of trade or maybe he's gonna stay. We'll see what happens. But when there's a conversation about trades, which as it goes, all right, let me give you my top five teams that should trade for Trey Hendrickson, I'm like, okay, fascinating. Let's see what it is. And he goes number five, your team, number four, your team, number three, your team, number two, your team and number one. Guess what your team saying that you know, like Trey Hendrickson will use him as the example, you know who should be interested. All thirty two teams, including the Bengals, should be interested in trying to keep this guys. So I turned that over to you, Matt Lombardo, because Trey Hendrickson, you know, a little bit of your mail bag action trying to figure out who would be the right fit. Maybe everyone could be the right fit for sure.
Speaker 5: I hadn executive tell me that if Trey Hendrickson becomes available now, obviously ESPN has reported this weekend that the Bengals and Hendrickson of Zoom talks towards a long term extension, And obviously that's.
Speaker 2: Probably the preferred path for that team.
Speaker 5: You draft Shamar Stewart in the first round, you finally after Mini Camp, get his contract locked down. You get the language right on that deal. So Cincinnati's hope is to keep Trey Hendrickson. You would think to pair those two pass rushers together in that division in the AFC, that's going to be a gong bit. But if this breaks down again and if it comes to pass, as an agent told me about a month ago that if he were representing Trey Hendrickson, he would have him sit out until week eleven or as long as it takes until the Bengals decide to come to the table and meet their demands. If it gets that ugly and teams start knocking and teams start calling, this executive believes thirty one team should be on the phone. And I had a scout, tell me, Paul, there's probably three really good fits. A good fit would be the Los Angeles Chargers with Jim Harbaugh. A good fit would be the Los Angeles with a budding defense of homegrown talent. They loaded up on offense, they bring in DeVante Adams, Matthew Stafford is still there. They were a play away from the NFC Championship game last year with a big drive down the field against Philadelphia. And maybe the best fit of all the Arizona Cardinals. And you look at the Cardinals, you and I have touched on this. I think that Arizona is a team on the rise. If you drop Trey Hendrickson into that defense after going out and bringing in Josh Sweat is one pass rusher, bringing in Walter Nolan in the first round of the NFL Draft as an interior pass rusher. Adding Will Johnson with tremendous value at cornback in the second round after he slid you start talking about Trey Hendrickson on that defense, the power structure starts to shift a little bit in the NFC West. With a defense that has that much talent and a game changer like Trey Hendrickson, Hypothetically in that front seven, they can start to dictate to teams like the San Francisco forty nine Ers, who I think are starting to have some real durability concerns with Christian McCaffrey, with a team like the Seattle Seahawks that are in a little bit of a rebuild, reloading, retooling phase with Sam Darnold but trading away DK metcalf And of course the Rams are still going to be a team that's probably the team to beat right now in that division. But if you want to talk about fits, it's a team that plays a four to three defense. It's a team that has a need pass rusher. It's a team that believes they are a player away from going over the top with a difference maker like Trey Hendrickson. And I think the scout is absolutely right. I mean I could see the Rams, I could see the Chargers, I could see the Cardinals. I could see Detroit kicking the tires. But they have real cap issues going into next year. They have the cap space this year, they have the worst cap situation in the league in twenty twenty six, so that could be a little bit of a hurdle to getting that long term extension done. Maybe that's why they didn't go gangbusters in free agency at the top of the pass rush market. But Detroit would be a fit. Heck, the Jets should probably get involved and put him. Put Trayn into the mix there in that front seven that's kind of on the come as well. But Trey Hunderson's a game changing talent and I think he would have a pretty robust market from people that I spoke.
Speaker 1: To, all right, questions coming in. Everyone is fascinator with your toush push balluta. So we have a super chat here from Asus bade As Spade. We appreciate it every time we get a super chest. He asked you, Matt, does Justin Fields have the leg strength for the juge bush, because obviously that's a big calling card for one Jalen Hurts and his phenomenal strength that he has in his lower body. Does Justin Fields have the prerequisite tools to be able to pull off the touche bush successfully?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I don't know if he in his spare time squat six hundred pounds like Sae Kwon Barkley and Jalen Hurts too. I'm not sure if that's part of the training regiment. But he's two hundred and seventy one pounds, So you think that he's going to be in that mix, to be in the mix to have that sort of two hundred and twenty seve pound Sorry, my brain like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, yeah, that's breaking news. He's put on a wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, Justin Field the two hundred and twenty seven pounds. I don't know that he squats six hundred pounds like Jalen Hurts, but I think he has the requisite size and frame to be able to orchestrate the play, especially if when you start to think about this, I don't know necessarily how much the push element makes that much of a difference. I think it comes down to the leverage of the center and the offensive line. I think it's an expanded quarterback sneak more than anything else. And if you can practice the technique, if you can get the center and the guards working in unison on how they technically, you know, create the leverage against the defensive lineman in that situation, the push kind of puts you over the top, like It's world where they can execute that pretty well. But it all comes down to I'm not in the weight room with Justin Fields. I don't know how much propaganda video we get out of the Jets and that working out, but I think that at two hundred and twenty seven, I think that he has the frame to at least make this an experiment worth trying. If your mentality is continuing to get into third and fourth and short situations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you for the question. I answer to speed Matt. Let's end here. Okay, let's end here. Let's talk some Jets giants here. But first we'll start off with Giants. Who had a very interesting quote from an exec in your column. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was kind of floored by this one as well. The Jets being mentioned twice were kind of surprising. But I an executive tell me quote, I'd watch out for the Giants because of their additions at quarterback, upgrades along the offensive line, and besides, they can't really be worse than they were last year unquote. Now, I agree with the I agree with the ending, right. I agree that it doesn't get much worse for the New York Giants than it did a year ago. But this quarterback situation, right, it's a tightrope that Brian gonna have to walk because on one hand, you have a dual mandate. Right, you have a mandate from ownership to win as many games as necessary to show that you've made progress to save your own job in Joe Shane's job going into next year. But on the other hand, you trade up to draft Jackson Dort at number twenty five overall, when you can talk about red shirt years and holding a clipboard and learning behind the scenes. I don't know how much that jobs in the modern day NFL. When we watch Jaden Daniels lead his team to the NFC Championship game a year ago, when we watch Bo Knicks lead his team to the playoffs a year ago, When Drake May gets meaningful snaps over the second half of a season a year ago, takes a lot of MPs behind the horrible offensive line, but you not only evaluate what he does well and evaluate what you need to improve around him to take the next step.
Speaker 2: But he gets those.
Speaker 5: First steps, first plays, first games out of his system.
Speaker 2: So you're hitting the ground running in twenty twenty five if you're the Giants. I believe there's.
Speaker 5: Value in playing Jackson Dart at some point, and that's where I think that signing Russell Wilson, while it satisfies potentially mandate number one of winning games. It could come at the expense of developing your quarterback, and I thought that it was a little bit of quarterback overload bringing in both Jameis Winston and Russell Wilson. So I'll put it to you, two situations, two different offseasons, two different philosophies, two different visions. Which New York team do you see with more upside? Because I have my feeling here, but I'd love to hear what you think as far as the Giants Jets debate going into twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We'll start with the Giants here for a second, and I will say despite their superstar first round pick app Deul Carter being unable to convince any legend to give him a jersey number and he had to go with the eighth option, just like the New York Knicks with their next head coach, that's neither here nor there. Suppose I would say that the Giants defense looks awesome. You have Sexy Dexi, you have Abdell Carter, you got Brian Burns, my boy Kevon Timbadeau. I loved KT coming out of the draft, Like there is such unbelievable talent. And as long as they keep everybody, I think they can run some insane NASCAR packages and get after people agree. Where my concerns lie is on the offensive side of the ball. I think Bill Parcells is the one who said it, if you have more than one quarterback, you don't have a quarterback. You know, as far as I know, the the you know, technology of combining human beings together into a singular entity has not existed yet. So famous jamis eaton, W's Russell dangerous, Wilson missed it unlimited, and then you have Jackson Dart. They just have a lot of weirdness happening there at the quarterback position. And the offensive line scares the Bejesus out of me. And if you don't have an offensive line, quite frankly, doesn't matter where else anything else goes. And there's some injury concerns. That's positions on that offensive line to the New York Giants. So I love there's nothing more inspirational from that executive that you spoke with, that had all these wonderful things to saying at the end says, you know, come on, they can't be any worse. They like you right. Hell, giants can often say, oh, by Beard, we'll find out altogether. So for me in terms of relevancy, who can push it to me? The thing that makes me feel even more compelled that I believe ultimately that will be the Jets, because I don't think again. It sort of goes to what you said initially about Brian Dables, very dueling philosophies on a coach should not have doing Fosters. He should have one philosophy it's this, but unfortunately his toush is on the line, so he has to do something to win games. But also he wants to show the allure to your point that hey, look, we haven't used the Jackson Dart lottery ticket full yet to just show a peak of it at some point at the end of the season, so the front office is intrigued, say well, we got to keep them so they can see this thing through. I don't think Jackson Dart is gonna get anywhere in there, barring some catastrophic injury earlier in the season, but I think they will show a peak real quick of look at what this looks like, and then hopefully that can buy them time heading into twenty twenty six, all back. So they're going to try to win games with Russell Wilson and Jamis Winston, and I think that will lead, unfortunately to some port result. So I am leaning yj based on offensive line playing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm with you, and that's exactly why you have the two bookend tackles. You continue to invest along the offensive line, and there's a clear philosophy and vision with the Jets, right, and Justin Fields this might be an evaluation and an audition year, but he's not looking over his shoulder. There's no Jackson Dart in that room that you invested a top twenty five pick in that you're trying to fend off. This is Justin Field's playing golf, right. This is Justin Field's playing against himself, playing against the course to audition for that long term con tracked next year and that commitment from the Jets moving forward. You have the running game that you've built up with the two backs that we talked about. You've talked about the defense and how they might be improved and why, and some of the additions they've made there, the philosophical changes with Aaron Glenn coming in. But I looked at the Giants and I had multiple people tell me throughout the offseason that the Giants were going to quote unquote build a veteran team capable of winning enough games to save Brian Dables job. And you saw that with what they did over the offseason, right. I mean, I love what they did with Abdul Carter. I love the NASCAR package. I think that pass rush has danced to be top five, top ten in the league just because of the personnel. But bring in Paulson Adebo, who's really good at breaking up passes, but a major injury concern.
Speaker 2: You bring in.
Speaker 5: Javon Holland, who should be give you some leadership at the safety position, a group that you're trying to fix after letting Xavier McKinney, a home Droune talent, walk out of the building. But you're dropping veterans into these key spots, whereas the Jets, this is kind of a couple of draft classes now beginning to rise to the occasion, rise into more marquee important roles. And that's where I think that that internal player development. A quarterback situation that at least for twenty twenty five, feels pretty stable. It feels like the path for the Jets who aren't butting their heads up against the Philadelphia Eagles, who have the deepest roster in football, against the Washington Commanders, who are nipping at Philadelphia's yields with a franchise quarterback arguably top five quarterback in the league. The Dallas Cowboys are going to be better. Yeah, the Jets have to deal with the Buffalo Bills, and that's a three headed monster and a behemoth and a dragon you're gonna eventually have to slay if you're going to compete. I'm not buying on the Dolphins. I think the Patriots are going to be better. I think they're going to be competitive, but they're not the Commanders, the Eagles, or the Cowboys. So it just lines up not facing the most difficult schedule in football for the Jets to have that clearer path to relevancy in competing than the Giants do going into this season.
Speaker 1: We have three hundred people in the like the video hit subscribe if you guys are watching on YouTube, and with that many people, I will once again suggest that you go down into the YouTube description down below for the direct link to Matt Lombardo's NFL subs deck. He joined us once a week talking all things New York Jets, NFL and being an NFL insider extraordinaire. But you could get even more Matt Lombardo. You know, get the by the over at Vegas go over on the Matt Lombardo viewing and reading experience and you can take advantage of that in the YouTube description down below. Matt, as always, it's a lot of fun again. A happy Father's Day to you. You have a couple going on there with all the love in your life, which is amazing. So Matt, any final plugs of anything you have cooking this week, feel free to tell all of our listeners and viewers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paul, happy belated Father's Day to you, your father, you beautiful family as well. It seems like you guys had a great weekend that I'm thrilled for that and always off coming on talking football, talking jets with the people. I'm boy green, dally pumped to be here. You can check out the substack at Matt Lombardo dot Matt LOMBARDONFL dot substack dot com, the Between the hash Marks podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, through the substack if you will, and if you subscribe to Between the hashmarks on substack this month through the month of June. You also get six months free of Mike Tenures Too Deep Zone and twenty percent of the proceeds go to the Trevor Project so to benefit a great cause during Pride Month for our LGBTQ brothers and sisters out there. So you get two NFL substacks for the price of one over the next six months. We'd love to have you join the uddle and I look forward to these conversations every week, Paul. They're the highlight of my week and hopefully the people enjoy them as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems like they do. Matt. Thanks for joining us and we'll chat later I guess technically later this week slash early next week. Looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: See your Sunday.
Speaker 1: There you go. Matt Lombardo doing a double dip this week. He's one of the best of the gash guard business. Baby again his direct NFL substack link. Please show your support for the people that end up being a guest on our program. I see we have another super chait here before we get to the phone lines. Take flight, Eric Baby setting in this YouTube super chat which we appreciate. Thanks brother, Thank you. Kindly, sir, you now have eight raffle tickets this month for our contest. Again, continue to submit your raffle tickets folks. They are two ninety nine a piece two dollars nine and nine cents or three bucks, and feel free to do that. You can do that by purchasing a membership to the Boy Green Coffee Club. If you're not a member already not necessary for Take Flight Eric. He is a member to the Boy Green Coffee Club. But for those who are not, you guys can join the Boy Green Coffee Club. You can gift out Boy Green Coffee Club memberships. Feel free to do that money sign on YouTube click that final option gift channel memberships. You can give this manage to like. Each one you give is another raffle ticket towards our contest, so take full advantage of that. You guys can also send in super chats and questions just like this. All right, let's go to my boy take Flight Eric who all so he and his dad will be at the Jets Cup Boys tailgate coming up a week five. BG. If our line has good effectiveness, we can have a lot of success on the play action. I agree quite frankly, and I heard people making jokes that the Junts are going to be booty cheeks this year. Who knows, well, we'll see what happens there, but I would say this. I would say this that the reason I feel so confident about this Jets team in twenty twenty five is absolutely, unequivocally the offensive line. We've got youth, we've got potential, we've got star power, we got a veteran in there, and that John Simpson. You look across this unit. I have not felt this good about a Jets offensive line since twenty ten. And that's a god honest truth. Olu Fashiono I think is going to be the left tackle for a very long time. That Jets will have to make some big boy decisions at guard boy. John Simpson and a live Fair Tucker are free agents after this season. Do they resign one, they resigned both? Do they lose both? What's gonna happen? Who knows? You have Joe Chipman, who I'm very excited about. He's a unique center being that incredibly lanky and tall. He's a big dude. Obviously there's some pushing apparently that's happening from Josh Myers. I fully expect Joe Tipman to win that battle, then obviously another top fifteen pick armand gosh yarn membu baby, they're at right tackle. This unit can be really good, and if they're good, that opens up things in the running game. If they're good, that opens up thing of the passing game, specifically to your point of play action. We did not do nearly enough of that last year. And imagine if the Jets are just pounding away in the run game boo yah boo yah boo yah, and all of a sudden, the demons like Jesus, all right, everybody, come on in, come on in, we got we gotta load up the box here. Then Justin Field's on a play action boop and then throws a deep bobski to Old g Dub Garrett Wilson unlock the deep level of the passing game against something else we haven't seen a lot is taking advantage of the vertical element, getting some explosives and that can come off the run game. They are married, they come together. That's what we want to see. So take flight, o Eric, I like the cut of your jippal because that's one hundred percent of the truth unlocking that is unlocking everything else with the New York Jets. Thank you tiqu Flight Eric for that super chat. Thank you, as Tony Aleuxio says, Bookend tackles for a decade, Olu, Fashnu armand Membu. That's incredibly exciting, incredibly exciting. Yes, that group is quite nice. Lane Train too, dude. How do I feel about Aaron Rodgers on Pittsburgh fhim? Okay, if you are not on my team, you are my enemy. Now you want to root for Aaron Rodgers out there in the universe, are Aaron Rodgers Jet fans and root for him in week two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten. I ain't rooting for him in week one. I want him to get smacked around. That's what I want. So how do I feel about it?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: Your lunch meet for Jermaine Johnson and Will McDonald. That's how I feel, buddy, boy, that's how I feel about it. All right, let's see, I think I caught up on everybody's comments, but just wanted to do a quick discount double check, and then we're going to open up the phone lines here on the show. Shout out to everybody here on the program. I appreciate you again. Three hundred plus people in the room. Shout out to Rina Phoe inside of Matt Lombardo. He was having a Father's day with his kids, so he was unavailable here on Sunday, so he was able to call a audible to jump on over here, which I appreciate. Beautiful. All right, we did catch up. We'll buy the phone lines up next your phone calls here on Boy Green Daily.
Speaker 3: Boy Green, Puggy Plugging, Hoping Jets Football man.
Speaker 5: Boy, Budgy Day, Buzzy Day, Buggy.
Speaker 4: D he Old Football Hub.
Speaker 5: All Christine this sl gez watch Chess foot food with my.
Speaker 2: Green Jay Gee Gee yes, Chess chest chest.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Look at all that poor little and big d morning. HEP DJ Dirty coach hit them high notes, baby yeah, HEP so legend crank that HEP Taylor Sterling, everyone getting involved on the HEP jams, the HEP emojis, Terrence Hill has cranking out there. Stephen Fox sing it HEP, We love it. The phone lunch and I'll open as YouTube dot com. Slash Boy Green two five, let's call into the program. That is the pinned comment on the YouTube. Feel free to take full advantage of that. Maybe here on the show and call into the program. Feel free to share your thoughts on a variety of matters coming up here on the show. All of that is quite frankly fair game. Let's let's get to a couple of things first and then we'll kick off the phone lines here on the show, Boy Green Meets Woody. That'll be today at three o'clock. We'll do a the another whack at the top five Jets players under the most pressure. We'll be doing that on Tuesday. In Big News on Thursday, the brother of Quentnin Williams, the brother of Quincy Williams, Giovanni Williams, is joining us live on Thursday Thursday's edition. Excuse me of Boy Green Meats Woody, very much looking forward to it. Shout out to Giovanni. He's going to talk about his Jets, try out, his NFL journey, his brothers. I'm looking very much forward to that. That live video is up for Thursday. Obviously the interview has not happened yet, but you guys can flood those flood that video. Excuse me with any questions you may have for Giovanni. We will give first dips to anyone that sends in super Chat questions for that interview again. That'll be on Thursday at three o'clock. Thank you to Giovanni. We got Geo as a Taylor Sterling asked one hundred percent. Geo follows me on Instagram. He's been joining a couple of my shows as a commenter, and now he will be joining the show. He showed interest, so I'm loving it. I can't wait to talk about his NFL journey, his jets try out, he had his brothers. There's gonna be a lot of fun conversation to be myself and Wooty on Thursday at three o'clock. Big get there and more to come certainly. So we'll have boy Green meets Whitoty today at three o'clock and then Boy Green meets Wooty on Thursday at three o'clock. The Thursday edition, we'll have Giovanni, the younger brother of Quinnin and Quincy. And for lowly Am, big D's right again, could you imagine go el Roy, go el Roy, you know, go Boy Green daily right or like, I don't even know how that song would go. It's just not as compelling. There's just no questioning about it. So well, pour one out for all the el Roy action that couldas should it would have happened. There you go, I don't know. All right, let's go to the phone lines. We got the legendary Eazd here on the program. Let's start off there.
Speaker 4: Good morning, I was everybody today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're on the move.
Speaker 6: So yeah, So did Giovanni may the ninety one or was he just like you know, they just like gave mccurtesy try out.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know, is he actually on the ninety one roster?
Speaker 1: He is not. He is not on the ninety one Okay, yeah, the ninety one man roster. But what I'm curious about, and this is a question I planned on asking him anyway, what did the Jets say when he didn't make the team, Because sometimes they say a variety of things. Sometimes they just say yeah, thanks, but like this is never happening. Basically, they're normally not that blunt. But sometimes they'll say, hey, man, be by your phone right and you get added basically to the emergency list. So if a linebacker goes down, GEO, you're gonna be one of the first ones we call. So I'm sort of curious as he walks us through, how the Jets tryout went and then at the end saying, hey, so what they say when you know it all when the conversation was over, did they say, like, stay by your phone, like it's still possible. Have you been exploring other NFL opportunities. I'll be sort of to hear where that goes.
Speaker 6: I would I would venture to guess that because his brothers are on the team and he wasn't good enough to make the team, they probably told him we appreciate you trying out.
Speaker 4: You know, we would have loved for you to work out.
Speaker 6: It would have been great, but unfortunately, you know, it's you know, this is a business, and you know we have other other people, but but we were We were more than happy to give you the tryout, and don't give up in your dream, keep going, just keep working at that work out with your brothers in the off season, and you know.
Speaker 4: You never know, you never know. Some guys could certainly be exactly.
Speaker 1: What you said. It could be exactly what you just said that they give him a chance and after the chance to like, you know what, you know, it's just not going to happen here. Good luck to prove us wrong, which I've heard on hard knocks all the time, like prove us wrong, go to some other team and kill it. But amazing because I'm sure they would have loved to make the NFL history to have three brothers on the same team. That would have been insane.
Speaker 6: Well, I think there's only like one other team that did that, wasn't it the San Francisco Giants. They have the Alu brothers, uh Felipe Alu and uh Hesuslu.
Speaker 1: That's possible, yeah, because like the JJ Watt, t J Watt and Derek Watt, they were not all on the same team at the same time. But those three brothers were all in the NFL at varying times, but they never ended up all on the same team.
Speaker 6: More likely in baseball, any good players five thirty year career in baseball, I mean, well, maybe not thirty, but you know, well I'll tell you. You know, if if I had the skills and the talent to be in any major sport as a player.
Speaker 4: Okay, it would have to be baseball. It's the least physical.
Speaker 6: It's the least physical because I mean, you make stupid listen, listen, low, you make stupid money in basketball.
Speaker 4: I mean, like absolutely stupid money.
Speaker 6: In basketball, but that sport will absolutely tear your knees to shreds playing on that hard court every night.
Speaker 1: That's true. But you know, here's the thing, right, So in NBA you play eighty two games. In baseball you play one hundred and sixty two games. In the NFL you play seventeen. Obviously, I'm not talking about playoffs. I'm just talking about regular season, but also the physicality for each of them has to be sort of factored into.
Speaker 4: So, well, have you ever played have you ever played softball?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Not competitively like just low levels?
Speaker 4: Well in the league, I'm talking in a league.
Speaker 6: No, No, I've played competitive in the league's And there were games where I was out in like right field or something.
Speaker 4: I got maybe one hit, one hit my way, you know.
Speaker 6: So I mean, so you could basically, I mean, you could play half the season and not see hardly any action.
Speaker 4: And then when you come up to bat.
Speaker 6: Especially in baseball where you're only on base one third at the time, if you're good, yeah, you only have to worry about running and all that stuff, like one third at the time. Well, I mean, you know, what's a good batting average, three thirty three?
Speaker 1: That would be a that'd be a Hall of Fame batting average right there, that'd.
Speaker 4: Be great, right, yeah, well yeah, well very good batting average. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, I mean most of these guys hit around two seventy to eighty. They're on the you know, they with a few walks, maybe hit by a pitch or something like that. You know, they're they're on the They're only actually on the diamond maybe forty percent at a time. And then when they're playing defense, if they're not in the infield, I think the pitcher's job is the most dangerous because he's got the most risk for arm injury and getting his face destroyed by a line drive. But other than that, I mean, most of those eyes they can have a pretty long long career and not really hurt themselves too bad. That in general, in general, I guess right, right, So, if I if I could excel at any major sport, I'd probably pick baseball because it's the last the least amount of getting your body and brain scrambled. Football is like the worst as far as being a pro athlete, with the non guaranteed contracts or partially guaranteed contracts, and the fact that professional football has a one hundred injury rate, meaning if you play professional football, you were guaranteed to have a major injury at one point or a semi major injury.
Speaker 1: That maths tracks, Yeah, that maths tracks.
Speaker 4: I mean, think about it.
Speaker 6: JJ was only kind of following up on a play when his achilles went out.
Speaker 1: Right, He was just right, he did his pass rush by, and then he was going back upfield and then boop fell right down.
Speaker 6: Yep, yeah, it was who's just trotting? I think it was actually trotting still trailing the play. I think the play went to the to the left and he was started trailing from the right hand side, and all of a sudden, he just you know, went up lame.
Speaker 4: So yeah, but uh, that guy you have had on I agree with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think I think, uh, the Jets are going to be surprisingly better than most people think they are. And like we've discussed many times, the coaching staff last year was overwhelmed. I think if they'd have kept Salah they would have had maybe eight wins, nine wins, but one Sola left and Ulbrick had to do everything.
Speaker 4: I think Ulbrick was just like, holy shit.
Speaker 6: I think I really think he had his holy shit moment I think that hurt Ulbrick's career too, because now people don't look a look at him as a potential, you know, NFL head coach. But that really wasn't his fault. I mean, he did didn't have the personnel decisions being being a defensive coordinator, because there were a lot of decisions that Robert Sala should have made in the offseason getting rid of some coaches who really didn't have any business continuing with the Jets because.
Speaker 4: Of their poor performances. You know. His example would be Keith Carter.
Speaker 6: And I know everybody blasts Keith Carter, but I mean the guy has been fired from many NFL teams and he's had many NFL players hate him from many different teams.
Speaker 4: So that is that was he was just not a good fit on our team. And uh and there was some other public things.
Speaker 1: Let me look, let me look where he landed. Yes, he's the he is the he is the assistant offensive line code for the Vikings.
Speaker 4: Right assistant.
Speaker 6: You cannot put that guy in power because he's he's I'm sorry, but dickheads shouldn't have power, and he's kind of a dickhead. I mean, just this, that's you know, it's not like the players hate him. They don't hate hate hate them, but he's kind of a dickhead and he's kind of got an attitude that professional football players that are making millions of dollars don't want to deal with someone with an attitude problem.
Speaker 4: They just don't want to deal with it. They don't have to. They've they've they've.
Speaker 6: Had to deal with high school coaches and doing bull in the ring and doing all those you know, those little punishment drills like doing crabs down the field.
Speaker 4: You remember doing crabs are very painful.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, running on all fours for fifty yards and then making you come back and then making you run win sprints to your vomit.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: That's that's in high school. That was back in the day when I went back in back in the seventies. I mean, it's just like we used to hide pitches of water down behind the backstop because he'd have us run around the whole field and we would all stash like a bag of oranges and in some water because we weren't allowed to have breaks.
Speaker 4: We weren't allowed to have you know, juice or drink or anything.
Speaker 6: Back then, they thought it made you tougher, and they wondered why people used to die on the field, you know.
Speaker 1: And so you said, this was what you said, what you were playing back in the seventies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in high school?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what were you guys graduated?
Speaker 4: No, we weren't wearing leather helmets. But I bet you wore a leather helmet on the short bus.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 4: Ooh, hey, man, you had it coming.
Speaker 1: Man, that's true.
Speaker 4: But but but seriously, no, I'm just i.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: One of the things I wish the NFL would do, uh would be to uh coordinate with some airlines so that people could fly up the games. That would be a nice little thing for the NFL to do. Coordinate affordable travel packages. Hey, I think it would be good for the airlines. I think if they made affordable packages, okay, for for uh, for fans to participate in either away games or to fly back home to see their beloved home teams. Like I'm in North Carolina, so you know, I can't just go to a home game anytime I want. Matter of fact, the one thing I was disappointed in this year was that the Panthers were actually playing the Jets up in New York, because that's one less game that I.
Speaker 4: Could see down here.
Speaker 6: It's like a three three and a half hour drive to Charlotte to see the see the Panthers stuff.
Speaker 4: And you make a weekend out of it, you know.
Speaker 6: You go, Yeah, you drive down on Saturday, you go to Cara Wins, which is a which is a theme park. Uh and then uh and then after that you go to the game the next day.
Speaker 4: It's fun.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a whop.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But anyway, I think to that's gonna do okay this year. I think the defense is gonna be okay this year. I really wish that they would get Clowny though has even signed up yet.
Speaker 1: No, he remains a free agent as far as I know. I'll do a quick goog search to make sure. But yeah, I don't think he has been picked up yet. Let's see, he remains a free agent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think he'd be a great emergency backup because as much as I like Jermaine Johnson, I do not know exactly if he's going to be ready really until week four or five at full strength.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and to have and to have Jadavian Clowney in there.
Speaker 6: Because he does run for run style. He's a good run stopper, which is one of the things that he can even help teach. I mean, he's a run stopper. He's at the age now where he's veteran leadership on showing how an edge player cannot only rush the passer but also participate in the run game.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 6: He is a really good and always has been a blue chip player. I just think he never was able to fit in with the right I just don't think he ever got the right team and the right scheme for him, which I can't understand why someone wouldn't scheme for him being the talent that he is. But sometimes you know, coaches have egos and they think, go I'm gonna make them do me. I'm not gonna do them, and that's why they're not that good coaches. You got to take the talent you have, evaluate what they're good at, and put them in positions to succeed. And that's really all the coaching is is recognizing what your players have to offer and making them and putting them in a position to do the best that they can do. And that's one of the things that I think that Aaron Glenn is going to do. That's why he's very vague. That's why he's not telling anybody what he's gonna do. He's still trying to figure out what he is going to do. I know he's going to be successful at it because he always has been. I mean, look what he did last year. Oh my god, he literally made chicken salad out of chicken ship last year with all the injuries he had. I mean he's I mean, if that team would that team would have won the Super bo Bowl if they didn't have the amount of injuries they had.
Speaker 4: Let me just think about it. There were their best defensive edge rusher was out. So what's the kid's name? The you know what I'm saying, right the kher?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the edge rusher for for Detroit that got hurt, the young kid. Yes, he was out most of the last year.
Speaker 1: Yes, So, I mean.
Speaker 6: Aaron Clint did an amazing job of who we had left and he had he and he had like a lot of injuries. Were like ten or eleven guys that were out, So he's proven he can get it done. So let's hope for the best. Anyway, next up on the list, I'll see you.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm talking about, right, BG? No, no, I have no idea. I sort of got lost there. I give a lot of credit easy leather helmet seventies. Yeah, the Jets. I hope they're doing pretty good this year. Hey, by the way, there's an amusement park over here. Oh is there?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: All right? Nice?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wish the Panthers would have been playing at home against the Jets this year. That would have made a lot of sense. But hey, Paul, look at this drive. Hey, look what I'm at over here. Yeah, this is what's going on. This is what's going on. Boy, whoever wins the lottery for the e ZD drive up for the Jets Cowboys tailgate, make sure you record it. I'd love to hear about it. All right, let's go back to the fellow chat here on the show. What's I bet?
Speaker 3: Hey, Paul, Hey, easy, you gotta go on a dating site and look for a rich American widow.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you go?
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, yeah, man, that'll keep you straight.
Speaker 2: You have stuff to do.
Speaker 3: I mean, you gotta be a little you know, you can't be a cave.
Speaker 1: Man, you know, that's right, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: You gotta understand they have feelings too, you know. So anyway, how's it going, Paul?
Speaker 1: Hey, not bad? Not bad? Hap, We're we're through. We're in another week and again we're getting closer and closer. Jets football. We're about a month ish away from training care returning. It's something like that a month and some change. So hey, baby, it's right around the corner.
Speaker 4: All right, that's great.
Speaker 3: I'm looking for any Do we have we signed anybody, any free agents or anything?
Speaker 1: M Well, we did, I guess we never did a show on it. I'll give a shout out to and let me make sure I have it here. Get all the names appropriately. After mini camp we did have a flurry of action. Let me make sure I see it here. Ah, here it is. Let's bring it up. So we had, you know, technically four moves, but it was just signing to you guys, releasing to you guys. We added Mark hes Hayes, an offensive lineman, and Kingsley Jonathan, who I know, and I'll get back to him in a second of pass rusher and the Jets cut bait was Zach Bailey in defensive back trace swilling, Kingsley Jonathan I covered here at Syracuse, So I don't know how all this Tudd. We're gotting this Syracuse pipeline going on, and I gave a shout out to Kingsley on social media. It's awesome to have him on the team. So he's been a special team and sort of a rotational guy. He hasn't really found his footing in the NFL. He was with the Bills for like three years, so he's a good guy. It's good for the ninety one man roster. We'll see if you can make any noise in camp. But yeah, that was really the only flurry of moves was a little bit of that roster shuffling at the end of Mini caamp and that's been it so far.
Speaker 3: Any reason why we're not getting Clowney in here? Is he asking for like a ton of money or something.
Speaker 4: What's going on with that?
Speaker 1: It's a good question. I don't know. Clowney. At the after he got cut by Carolina, he was speaking with I think it's Joe Persons is the contact down there, and he was just at I got plenty left in the tank. Someone's gonna get like the Panthers are gonna pay for making this mistaken Like someone else in the NFL is about to get like a great version of Gebion Clowney. By the way, I believe it all. So I don't why is he not signed yet. I don't know. Maybe some guys are waiting it out. There's nothing going on for the next month, so maybe no deadlines, no rush or anything from that perspective. Maybe that's it. But again, I would love to add Jenevion Clowney to the mix.
Speaker 4: How old is Clowney, Now that's a good point.
Speaker 1: My guess would be thirty two. But let me try trying to do the math of when he was drafted. Let's see what he is. Bingo was his name, though he is thirty two, born in ninety three. There you go.
Speaker 2: It seems like he's been around forever, right.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Absolutely, And like I said, he one of the most unique number one overall picks ever because he never began a superstar. He never had He has not had to this point a double digit sex season. All of his sacks have been between nine and a half and three and a half basically his entire career. So he just kind of has a nice floor, but no crazy ceiling. He's just been a really good run defender, So I mean, that's a good player in the NFL, But that's not number one overall pick worthy. You know, he had that crazy play in college where he blew that dude's helmet off. I think that Michigan game or something, and then all of a sudden, boom, is stock Rose crazy in that draft. I just think he's a good player. I think he just does his job, does his business. And again with what the Jets defensive line is looking like, again, the Jets must know something I do. They have plenty of money, so what do we Why are we not using it, you know, to help him?
Speaker 3: Character is a character issue?
Speaker 1: Possibly it could be. I guess I have not heard any care issues with Davian Clowney in any of his previous stops, but I guess, you know, it could be possible that there was some rub there. Why why did Carolina pull the plug at the timing of the off season was a little interesting? So yeah, yeah, I don't know, that's a I'll have to try to explore some more on that.
Speaker 3: Finnie's not the guy that stepped on that guy's head early in his No.
Speaker 1: That's Albert Hainsworth.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Andre Gerad, the former Dallas Cowboys offensive line He kicked his helmet off and then like I saw it live and I'm like, that's he's not doing what I think he's about to do. And he did. I'm like, Jesus, you have cleats on you freak what are you doing? Like, it's just I just that's come on, man, you want to fight someone, Manda, Man, you guys take your helmets off. You want to swing at each other's face. Okay, I could sort of respect that trying to cleat somebody that's fucked up. So, yes, that was Albert Hainsworth who did that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I played football in the nineteen seventies and I was running back and the only difference I noticed that was really tough.
Speaker 4: You played, you played hurt.
Speaker 3: Well you did that too, you know you play, Yeah yeah, and it's all about knocking the snot out of the next.
Speaker 1: Guy and you know that's it.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: So anyway, peace out, love it, hep, thanks for the call, and that's the rules. Yes, there's a difference between being injured and being hurt. I always felt like anytime I got banged up, and uh oh, I have more concussions than I can count. That was my biggest injuries. That I had in college, but I was either too stupid, prideful wanted to be a tough guy. I have no idea. I just said we got to do this as a team get up, which is cool. By the way, I'll have to share it to I'll have to share it over here. It's on The Manchut Show boy Green Digital. We posted it last night. If you guys want to hear anything about my high school football journey, it's a small piece of the interview. We're more so promoting the current program, but that's at the end of the interview. My radio partner wants to know, so what was Boygreen like as a teammate? And there's a full interview up on The Manchu Show with boy Green Digital. That's our radio show that's making the transition to full time digital. If you go over to that YouTube channel, it's a audio only. You don't see any video. There's just like a little picture up. But it's our full radio interview with my former teammate Chris Pike, who is our quarterback my senior season. And yeah, he's told some stories about me being a teammate, and so there's some fun stuff in there. If you guys want to check that out on the Manchet Show Boy Green Digital thing, and it was fun. I played running back and cornerback in football, and one time we had injuries or something, so I played middle linebacker at five foot two, one hundred and twenty pounds, and I put on this jersey and like, I don't know, like somehow I had a sense of the plays and I was blowing things up. But sometimes the offense hates because they're trying to go through their process. So if someone's blowing up their plays, that's normally bad for business. And I still have that ripped up linebacker jersey I wore for that practice. That's hanging up somewhere in my closet. I just it forever. It was just cool. They hit Paul linebacker, like all right, sure, I'll figure it out. I had not been playing linebacker, had never played linebacker previously, and to this day, I've not played linebacker. That was the one practice I had to do it for our offense and defense because of injuries. And that was a lot of fun. So some cool stories in there, because check those out again the Man Shot Show with Boy Green Digital. Since we're talking about it, let me see a subscriber account. What are we up to? We're growing quick, so I appreciate everybody that's been hopping over there. There'll just be additional content for you guys to consume, which is really cool. Let's see, all right, we're up to one hundred and twelve subscribers, baby, so we are trending in the right direction, which is awesome at MC show Digital. I'll throw it up here on the screen real quick. You guys can make sure you guys subscribe to the channel. Baby. Here it is. Let me throw it up on the screen for our YouTube video viewers here on the show and also here's it's a big thing. I already booked two of our guests here that are coming up. Okay, we're doing mandatory mini camp reports this week. We have a this one mattered to you guys, but we have our Buffalo Bill sideline reporter books Alcopaccio, and we have our Giant reporter who works for the team, John Schmelt. We'll have both of those up for any Giants or Bills fans, which I imagine we'll not be in here on a Jet show, but we'll also be having a Jets interview over there, so guys, make sure you stay tuned. That won't be on this channel. It'll be exclusively on the Manchata of Boy Green Digital. So again we will have Jets content over there, baby. So yeah, so make sure you guys check that Jets interview out. I just have to finish booking that one over the coming day, so we'll have a Jets mandatory mini camp report that'll be coming out as well. So the Manchut Show Boy Green Digital, you can follow that account on YouTube at mc show Digital. We're gonna have live shows. We're gonna do all kinds of fun content. I hope you guys can make that jump over and again if you missed the press release on Friday. My partner up there on the Giants jersey in the top right hand corner, Jim Lurch has been doing radio for twenty three years and he's retiring from radio and transitioning full time to YouTube, and I will be doing the shows with him. So it's gonna be a lot of fun. I can't wait. I always tell you guys up, I got to run to the radio station, which is something I am gonna have to literally do here in a few seconds. But I won't have to do that anymore. At the end of June here, by the end of next week will be our final radio show and then we will be full time digital. So it'll just be a digital thing moving forward, which will be very crazy, and I'll be working from home more often, and it's going to be a unique journey. So I hope you guys can join us for that journey. Please subscribe to the channel, show your support again. The cool thing. So this channel, this Boy Green channel, is jets all the time. That's what If you subscribe, you know you're you're again. It's Jets, Jets, Jets, Jet's debts over and over again. On this other channel that's on your screen, there's gonna be all kinds of stuff. It's going to be going on, all kinds of stuff, NFL, NFL Draft, it'll be Jets reports, there's gonna be all kinds of interesting interviews that'll be happening. So I hope you guys check it out and show your support. That'd be awesome. So thank you guys so much. We have nearly four hundred people in the room. Like the video, hit subscribe, show the love, baby, appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: We're gonna dip on the program, all right, and we'll see you again at three o'clock boy Green meets Woodie. We'll be talking about the top five jets under the most pressure heading into twenty twenty five. Thanks everybody for tuning in, and we'll see you later. Take friggin care.