Speaker 1: It's time for what you watch it Wednesday. The following program is brought to you in living color, but you're watching in the Americans love television.
Speaker 2: They win their kids USA television.
Speaker 3: You've been watching too many of those live television shows.
Speaker 1: Well, Hacks season four trailer is out. I just watched. It doesn't really tell you much.
Speaker 2: No, but it's back to where everything right. They're now at each other's throats again.
Speaker 4: Yes, which is always fun, and then they make up, and then they're back at each other's throats and then they make up. And it's the seasoned veteran and the new one who wants to be a disruptor, and they both learn from each other and it's beautiful and it's funny.
Speaker 2: I believe that show was, at least in recent memory, is the one that I was least looking forward to and have been most pleasantly surprised by. Well, you don't like women part of it? Part, that's part of it. I have two lead roles with my golf.
Speaker 4: And they don't even get nakedly doing it, folks.
Speaker 1: But no, it was.
Speaker 2: It was incredibly smart and I don't mean that to play on jeans. You like, you like the writing Yeah, the writing is great, some of the characters are unusual, and.
Speaker 4: You weren't insinuating that a show about women would not be smart, is what I'm trying.
Speaker 1: To clean, right. I would never say anything like that out loud. That would be all I'm like Reacher, that's a real mensa convention.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I gotta be honest with you. I'm trying. I'm trying to get to Alan Richson is just a weirdly beast of a man, but I just.
Speaker 5: Is.
Speaker 2: And this is the thing is the source material is so good. The Lee Child's whole, the whole series of Jack Reacher novels are really great.
Speaker 1: They're fun to read. It's just it's easy to get into.
Speaker 2: Man paring it down to an eight episode something where the production value just isn't as high as I would have expected it to be. It's not it's not great.
Speaker 1: I remember my uncle Jim.
Speaker 4: He loved reading those books, love Jack Reacher, and was apoplectic when Tom.
Speaker 1: Cruise was cast in the movies because.
Speaker 4: He's like the antithesis of how Jack Reacher is described in the book, which is this character.
Speaker 2: Well, we've talked, We've talked many times about in top gun. They had to put Tom Cruise on boxes. I mean they had to bring in extra stage equipment. He's a Canadian because he's not very tall, and he had to appear like he was going to be tall enough to fly in flying a fighter jet like that. I just finished. Okay, this was on Netflix a few weeks old, two three weeks old, so I get it. But Robert de Niro, Angela Bassett, Connie Britton, Jesse Plemmons, all of these great actors in Zero Day. The basic synopsis a terrorist attack, a cyber attack actually just for one minute, ends up killing a few thousand people in the United States, where everything gets shuts off. It gets shut off and then turned back on, and the current president played by Angela Bassett, brings in the former president played by Robert de Niro to come in and lead the commission that's going to do the investigation. Eight episodes, pretty good, or it's six episodes. Sorry, it's six episodes, each of them about an hour long, so it's it's easily digesting the course of a week.
Speaker 1: They like, there's things that happen, there's.
Speaker 2: Things that happen, there's characters that you can't quite figure out. Are they good guy bad guy kind of stuff? So some of that is is good. De Nio does fine. It's interesting because he's been making headlines more for his political stances lately and his feuds with President Trump, and he gets to play the president or in this case, a former president. But it's it's good. It's not the greatest thriller that I've ever seen. It's not even you know, there's there's more interesting terrorist attack style, you know, high level of government doing the Did you.
Speaker 4: Find it to be dumbed down more so than it would have been if it was a major motion picture.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: In fact, I think they would have to dumb it down more to make a picture. Okay, yeah, to cut out because you know it's six hours total. If they did it in two two fifteen, some of it would have been dumbed down even more.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Lizzie Kaplan plays de Niro's daughter in this who happens to also be a congresswoman.
Speaker 4: I just feel like there's this thing that's going on, and maybe it's just my skewed opinion, but shows like Paradise, the Agent.
Speaker 1: Show, What was the Agent Show?
Speaker 4: Something A Night Agent, it's like they're taking these concepts of secret agents or national security, and it's almost comical how much they are dumbed down when you're you know, the communication and how things would work and.
Speaker 1: All of it, the.
Speaker 4: Logistical pla all, it's just so dumbed down. And I don't know if that's just because these are streaming shows, so there's or if we've just been completely spoiled with wonderful show Homeland or what have you that are super smart and the writing is on point, and it's it's it's you got to your head's on a swivel and you're you're constantly thinking when you're watching these things.
Speaker 1: If we've just been spoiled with a number of those, it's I don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 2: But if you just look at the difference between Night Agent, which is on Netflix, and Zero Day, which is also on Netflix, Night Agent looks like it's done by a a very low level production.
Speaker 1: Company a lot and that's not Netflix.
Speaker 2: I mean, they have plenty of money, because Netflix also did Zero Day, which had incredible production. Yeah, and it's just weird of the difference. And I don't know if a lot of it has to do with the source material, you know, whatever story creator came up with the ideas, and.
Speaker 4: Then I point to, you know, the Mark Wahlberg movie Flight Risk, same thing, super dumb, no budget, bad writing.
Speaker 1: AI could have done it, And I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, what this had the This had the potential to be something really great. It just seems like there's like a phoning it in kind of element when it comes to how smart things are.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Yeah, hello, I just don't know if I missed the bus on this one, but I guess it's what you watch on Wednesday. Just checked out the movie on Netflix. On the line, mel Gibson, pretty pretty interesting, anyways, have a good day.
Speaker 2: On the youtwo on the line referring to like a caller on the line, I've seen it.
Speaker 1: I watched it.
Speaker 2: Elvis Clooney is this shock jock in La He and his wife leaves his wife and daughter to go to work overnight at a radio station, and Elvis played by mel Gibson, gets a call from somebody named Gary claims to be at his house holding his wife and daughter hostage.
Speaker 4: It was yeah, I mean, listen, I don't want to knock anything you enjoy, but it was pretty bad. It's pretty predictable and kind of weak and I mean again, it's like the Mark Wahlberg movie. I love mel Gibson and in movies, and I love Mark Wahlberg. It's just sometimes when you get a big name like that, you don't feel like you have to do much else more. What you watch on Wednesday? When we come back to Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 1: That little guy the Penguin? Is that what you've been doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gary and Shannon KF I am six forty Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. A couple of big deals that we're watching. When it comes to what you watch on Wednesday? What are you watching?
Speaker 3: Hey, Gary, Shannon, this is Kevin from Tullavista. Kevin, I'm really enjoying Paradise on Hulu. Me too, have a good day.
Speaker 1: I like that. I just finished it. Tell me is it a thriller? I can't. I know nothing about it. James Marsden and Sterling k. Brown.
Speaker 4: It is a thriller and it gets you from go. I'll say that like, it's not one of those you have to watch four episodes to get involved. It gets you from go. And if you like Stirling Kate Brown, that's really all you need to know. And who doesn't like him.
Speaker 1: Just James Marsden play the president. He does and he's great to love James Marston.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hey, guys, for what you watch on Wednesday. I literally just binged a Running Point on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Loved it.
Speaker 6: Phenomenal comedy, hilarious, It's just really well written, it's smart, and they just renewed it for season two, so that's great.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 6: And if you like Arrested Development or anything in that vein, you'll love this.
Speaker 1: Se Gary and Channon, This is David and OC.
Speaker 3: I've been cracking up watching Running Point with Kate Hudson on Netflix. Turns out Mindy Kaling shows are hilarious when she's not in them.
Speaker 1: Hope you guys check it out. She's a great writer.
Speaker 4: I mean, she's so good at what she does, and it's you watch a Mendy show and you know it's her behind it.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 4: I love anything Kate Hudson is in, so I'll watch Paint Dry if she's in because she's just I just really adore her.
Speaker 2: My wife and I came to the conclusion that Kate Hudson reminds us of your sister.
Speaker 4: Oh really, Yeah, I can see what you're talking about in this particular show.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah, I can see that Kate Hudson is the daughter of a patriarchal family that takes over her father's basketball franchise. Yes, it is modeled after the Lakers, that Genie Buss took over after doctor Buss died, and that there are other brothers that are involved in the whole thing. It's because Genie Buss is one of the executive producers on the show, so it's clearly modeled after that.
Speaker 1: It's fun. It's just fun. And I blew through it in like a day.
Speaker 2: Another one of those that's a half an hour episode of it's so easy to get through.
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, for what you're watching Wednesday, I know you're big fans of Tombstone as am I and I found a documentary on Netflix called Wye erp and the Cowboy War and it goes into great detail about the actual events that went down, and it's interesting to see what they got right in the movie and what they enhanced or got wrong completely. So check it out. I think you like it.
Speaker 4: That would get the AIDS nonon And.
Speaker 5: I know it's early, but for what's your watch and Wednesday, I just watched Last Take, which is the documentary on Hala Hutchins, the cinematographer from Rust. Oh my goodness, holy hell. It should be viewing for every person.
Speaker 1: Ever involved on a film set.
Speaker 5: It is tragic, horrifying, but really a good watch for her.
Speaker 1: All right, have a great day again.
Speaker 2: It's called Last Take Rust and the Story of Helena. And this is, of course, the woman that was killed when Alec Baldwin shot that gun on the set.
Speaker 1: I haven't taken a look at their reality.
Speaker 2: Show, so I saw about fifteen minutes of it, and first of all, he looks really old, really old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she does not well.
Speaker 2: And his kids are all, like every single kid looked like they were four or five years old, and there's a million of them, and he just seemed annoyed at all of them.
Speaker 1: He always seems like that, doesn't he It's.
Speaker 2: Just if you're going to put yourself on a reality TV show like that, don't be an a hole to your own kids. Ninety five percent of the time. She also seems she has that sort of have you seen any of the Megan I don't know what it's called, The Megan Show on Netflix now, Princess or whatever, married to Harry Yea, she seemed they seem cut from the same cloth where they're trying to make it sound like, Ugh, I just adore my children, and I've always found that the best way to treat them is with a rainbow platter of sliced fruits or something like that. Just completely fake, completely out of touch with reality, and able to afford a lot of help for their kids, to make it seem like they're doing at all, doing it all. Yeah, wow, I wouldn't if you want to. If you want to get your you know, your your dander up, watch that ball.
Speaker 4: I love getting my dander up. And then I'm going to get my dander up a little bit later. I haven't decided yet