Speaker 1: Good morning to you and happy Tuesday. It is, Ah, you know, it's one of those speculative days, right, You're gonna have everybody and their mother's gonna be sitting around doing panel hits on CNN and Fox and MSNBC and anywhere else, you know, some of the alternative media, and they're all gonna be talking about what's going to happen at the debate, how it's gonna go, and in in true fact, probably none of them will be right. I don't know that anyone's predicted how something was going to go in in a debate. Now I know all of you, Like I knew Joe Biden was good, it was going to be bad. Did you think it was going to be that bad with the amount of protections they had curbed in there? Because what you what I thought is you were going to see things where.
Speaker 2: It's like a roar.
Speaker 1: Every one of these things is like a Rorshak image, you know what I'm saying, Where you look at it, and unless you're what's that punk to year old kid that gets paid by the DNC Harry No, yeah, Harry sistm Yeah, unless you're him, everybody who cast eyes upon that thing went oh, my gosh, which is what prompted the backlash, right because they're like, I can't believe you've been lying to me this all this time, and I know you're thinking about, well, how did you not see it? There's a lot of people walk around every day they don't know who the president is. They don't know, or they do and they think they haven't figured out. Those are the worst people. I would prefer you're one of these bubblehead beach blondes or bleach blondes that you know they find when they go on the Santa Monica pear and start talking to people and they're like, does the sun rotate around us?
Speaker 2: Or is it the other.
Speaker 1: Way around there? And they don't know, and they had but they have a bachelor's right, and and that's what I would prefer, because I understand that person. Some do you understand the amount of jealousy that I swim in ross swims and probably many of you who are very very into this, you ever thought, for just a moment, you know, it'd be nice did not know who any of these a holes are.
Speaker 3: I think about it like every day, and I've had conversations about it. I am so jealous of people that are just so oblivious to everything going on, and they seem like they're very happy people, but they are.
Speaker 1: But then you're in the box card You're like, I should have paid attention, right, right, that's how that works.
Speaker 2: What were you gonna say?
Speaker 1: What were you saying?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I mean, it was such a bad debate. It set a bar for how bad a debate can be. And people that say, oh, I predicted it, You didn't really predict it. You hoped it because you hoped that every other debate that he had been in since twenty twenty, right, because like, we all saw the signs and we knew what was really going on. We knew he was hiding in the basement and he was having cognitive decline. But they juiced him up on whatever they juiced him up on, or adderall or steroids or whatever the hell it was, and then they they reversed the sleeping pattern and he went out there and he could perform for like two hours and get out of there. This was different, though, because finally what we thought was going to happen happen. It was like, oh, it's happening. It's that Michael stopped me right Like.
Speaker 2: But it didn't happen a little bit where you got all.
Speaker 1: That's the part of it you have they make everyone looked at it when like like you just came upon a car crash and there's body parts in the road, You're like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Right, it was historic and it set a bar for from now on to the end of time, as long as we are a country or republic, it is going to be He's it's gonna be like when you are a candidate and you're you're on national television going for the presidency, you're gonna hope not to pull a Biden. He became he that's the thing. Now, you don't want to pull a Biden. That's how bad it was.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it is. I'll say it's the US bar.
Speaker 1: I sud to remember that there was a story over there in the Balkans where a dude shot another dude during the day.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he killed him though, didn't he win?
Speaker 1: Well, it's a strong response, isn't it, mister Olavn or whatever your name is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fiscal text policy.
Speaker 1: And my retort is yeah, yeah, let's faint. Well, I don't even know in the US, I mean, do you classify a Senate debate in the well of a Senate as a debate because you know, there's been some stuff.
Speaker 3: Like people talk about Biden's legacy, like they say, like that's why is that's why you know, doctor Jill didn't want to pull him out, right because like we were thinking about his legacy, Joe Biden's legacy besides destroying the country inflation, all this, his legacy going on ten years from now is going to be that debate and people are not going to want to quote pull of Biden. That is going to be a thing.
Speaker 1: It's and you know, it becomes a thing when and they have to there's a cooling off period and it probably will be after he passes away plus a year or something, and it'll be interesting because MSNBC Russ is right, MSNBC's yet they will some guests will work that in because he thinks it's edgy, and then it will be a thing. You understand that, right, And and every president, you could argue, has a thing that they're known for, even if they're popular that frankly they were probably wish they weren't known for. And the bad ones they have like a unique characteristic where they talk about do not emulate this. Richard Nixon is probably the best example.
Speaker 3: You're right up to this point. It was Richard just a sweating against JFK. But I'm even like myself. Every time I watch a presidential debate from now on, I'm gonna be like, he gonna pull a Biden? Is he gonna be? Is it gonna be so bad that they that they remove you like an incumbent president they were, They remove him off the ballot, they switch him out. Yeah, that's crazy bad. Do you understands alive?
Speaker 2: And he's alive. To be fair, they have switched nominees before, but there was you.
Speaker 1: He died.
Speaker 3: That's how bad it was. It went from Oh, this guy's great, he's gonna whoop Trump to maybe he shouldn't be on the ticket, to let's just remove him and throw him on a beach in Delaware's it.
Speaker 2: That occasionally wheel him in at.
Speaker 1: Midnight in his little tiny desk, Tell him it's the resolute. Oh you look so resolute today. You're a big boy. Who's a big boy. And again here's the thing. Dislike Biden. All you want absolutely cruel and unusual. Everyone around him, I don't care that you're protecting stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't care that.
Speaker 1: He probably said, no, you know, we're gonna we're gonna keep trucking absolute cruelty, to keep pushing the you know, pushing this guy around, hitting him with hitting him with applause line, simple applause lines, and then screaming like banshees whenever anyone asked him a question.
Speaker 2: You did that.
Speaker 1: That will be your legacy. That's the other part of this ross. That's gonna be Jill's legacy. Whether it's fair or not. Who knows. Maybe behind the scenes she's like, don't do that. That's it, that's your legacy. Elder abuser or the way that they will couch it is somebody who's so thirsty for power they were willing to allow that to continue and push it forward. Power's addicting. So yeah, that's uh, that's the thing that's happened today. And who the who the heck knows they have the rules. Kamala has both been absolutely got awful in debates, but or she has the gotcha moments.
Speaker 3: Yeah we saw it with the bus. She has the gotcha moments when the mics are hot.
Speaker 2: Well that's she does. But also to be fair.
Speaker 1: The bus thing with Biden was when it was her turn to speak, but yes, you're correct, and that was that was the day she called him a racist. And then she's like this VP, So, how that's gonna work with Trump? You can't just called you can't just call Trump racist. He's heard that before. This is fun.
Speaker 3: This is why she wanted she did, you know, her campaign from everything we're here and it's like they don't want the mute and mics because they want the back and forth. And the one reason that the Biden stuff really stood out where everybody was like, wow, he's pulling a Biden, like this is going to be historic, is because you didn't have that typical cross talk with Trump interrupting, right, he let him dig himself in his own hole and just stood back in America watch it and right, And it's the same thing man, when you can't have that back and forth, which I hate in debates because personally, like you know, I'm loading audio in the morning and it's you can't understand what anybody's saying because they're all talking over each other and it's loud. It's like, once again the Michael's got loud noises, right when that's not there, and you just have to present your case, your answer. You end up being the South Carolina candidate. Remember the girl talking about geography or maps or whatever. It was like she became a.
Speaker 1: Muzing shitty update with that, you're not allowed to talk about her anymore.
Speaker 3: I'm not why not because.
Speaker 1: She wrote as she wrote a thing that she she thought about killing herself every.
Speaker 3: Day after that. Yeah, but it becomes that bad, right, Like you're sitting there and kamologist has to what is your answer? And then she just has to talk for like how how long is it? How long do they have? Like a minute or two?
Speaker 2: It's gonna be it will to pay.
Speaker 1: It'll be like you'll have opening statement maybe two minutes, and then you'll have your primary sixty seconds and like a thirty second rebuttal.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you are there for everyone to see and everybody to stare at you, and there is there gonna be an audience prime like there's no audience, right, No, there is an audience. Okay, yeah, yeah, okay, so that'll be okay, that'll be a big difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah unless I unless, I mean that was where they stood. I don't think they adjusted it. So yeah, dude, it's it's gonna be a whole thing. And speaking of audio, we got some audio. We got to get to the We have the craziest story over by north NC State. I need to know how we got to where we got to. And if you don't know what it is it involves, it would be vigilante or a dude who thought he found an amazing pickup line. I will let you be the judge. Ross, did you think of it through that filter when you were looking at that story with the dude down in the NC State? Is that the horrible that one of the things I thought is he's nuts or he's he's hard up. I'll let you be the judge. Are you in the details, We'll do it next. Hang on, you just got me right at the moment. I'm in the Greensborough studio today, and when it's not your regular studio, there are nuances that could be very frustrating at o dark thirty in the morning, like all of the insane levels of unnecessary security. Once I'm already on an internal network for no reason other than to annoy me, when I'm trying to play you the audience the audio, you should be offended all right. Well, that or maybe I'm just kind of not paying attention and if I just take the time to actually write stuff out, it'll go ahead and work, all right. So with that in mind, I'm a blame shifter. With that in mind, we're gonna go ahead. And uh, I don't need audio for this story. But uh, I was reading this thing yesterday and it's you know, I try to all right, so what's going on? Try to understand the story. And if there's a part of the story where it's it's unclear, and there are several options, I like to make sure that when we're breaking the story down, I throw out all of the possibilities that I think maybe going on because I did. That's fair, especially when you're trying to understand something. It's just really really, it's just strange. And it has to do with a guy that was arrested, a young man who's twenty four. I was young man, younger than me, but he's twenty four and sounds like things are going well. I was a law student at Campbell University worked at the Way County District Attorney's office. He's not currently employed there. I don't know if it's a a result of this incident sounds like it might have been something before, and so the way that everyone's talking about this, I get the impression that there might be some there might be some issues going on of of mental health variety. You know, early to mid twenties is a really really interesting time for the presentation of certain behaviors, especially people who may be dealing with schizophrenic issues things like that. So it's important when you see somebody in that age range doing something that sounds insane. It might be but in a literal sense, in a non derogatory sense. But then because I'm a jerk, the thought that actually popped into my brain for a for like before that was icebreaker, as bad as that sounds. So here's what happened. A carry man is facing charges. He accused of bringing a pistole to North Carolina State University.
Speaker 2: And this was on Monday.
Speaker 1: This wasn't this wasn't you know, during the football game or anything. This was what twelve to fifteen am. Yeah, So I mean this is like Sunday night into Monday morning. Really, you know, not a not a busy time, but around a college campus, you got kids out doing the stuff. And so he is let's see here, he's there. At twelve to fifteen, police receiver a report of a man waving a handgun in the air near Chipotle on Hillsboro Street. Do you think it's because they shortened him on the guawk. That's another thought that crossed my mind, But no, police. NC State Police later took the man into custody on Dan Allen took the handgun from him. So he zach Olsen charged with felony carrying a gun on educational property, misdemeanor carrying a concealed weapon. What do you have at Ruger Max nine? All right? So what's going on? Why is he waving a gun around at the Chipotle? Why at twelve fifteen in the morning on a Monday, or there's so many people out there, and obviously do we know anything more about the motivation. According to the state's testimony, Olson approached two women on Hillsborough Street right after midnight asking for their help in identifying and finding the rapist fraternity.
Speaker 2: What a question?
Speaker 1: Also, why did you go ask those two women? What are we doing with our lives?
Speaker 2: People?
Speaker 1: I will explain why here in just a moment, I got to finished this story about what happened over at NC State or near end Sea State. Well, I guess technically on but yeah, So twelve fifteen in the morning, twenty four year old guys over there. You know, you got people going and going to the restaurants that are open lay. You got some you know, post bar stuff going on. Even on a Sunday into a Monday. Around a college campus, there's going to be a crowd. And then you have this dude. He just walks up to these two women and he says, hey, could you point me in the direction of the rapist fraternity on campus? And I can't imagine what was going through their heads. I mean maybe for a second I thought this dude was joking, but then it became clear he wasn't. All he told the woman his name, zach Oles had told the woman quote he was feeling the pain of sexual assault victims, and even though he might be misguided and stupid, he wanted to get vid ulante justice. What was there a specific incident. It doesn't sound like he just means in general, like a.
Speaker 2: Scale of.
Speaker 1: One to ten of a quote. This is his quote, rapiness or rapist? Which fraternity would it be? And then he also explained to the woman or the women that he was also burning himself with matches to also experience the pain of sexual assault victims. He then announced he was going to teach them a lesson and waived a gun. Olsen then walked away towards the fraternity house's fraternity row over there. I guess fraternity circle. They're set up over there, and the women called nine to one one good COURTI prosecutors. Olsen had just purchased the gun Sunday ammunition in the car and again LOSTU to Campbell. And I had interned or worked in some capacity at the the Wake County DA's office, but it's unclear if it was the separation was a result of this incident or perhaps prior to that. I can look, there's one hundred different ways to slice this thing to this strange story. If there's not something else going on, it could just be a dude who got tuned up and thought that he was going to impress women. And before you go, Casey, that is crazy. No guy would be crazy enough to do something like that to impress women. Ask Reagan about that. Ask Reagan whether somebody would do something to impress women? And I could go on with this list, but you should check into that. And you know, in the non presidential attempt at assassination pool, there's also sometimes dudes are just stupid.
Speaker 2: This is not stupid, This is dangerous. I just to be clear there.
Speaker 1: But the other side of this, and this is why I couch these things, is because this guy's right at the age where sometimes some significant mental health issues are you know, come forward. And if it's that, then I guess my question would be, it appears obviously he's got a bunch of people around him or had a bunch of people around him who arguably deal with folks who.
Speaker 2: Might be dealing with something like that.
Speaker 1: So did they just like when he started to have it, when they started having a problem, Like there needs to be more here, because remember we're all about secondhand accountability now. So if this guy was appearing to look like he was a danger so much so that they separated him from employment, what else did you do to follow up?
Speaker 2: That would be my question. But yeah, like I.
Speaker 1: Said, just very very strange story. Don't fully know what's going on there, And uh, the way it was reading was just a little cagey. This next story annoys me so much. Ross, You're a bit Number one in the world is something number of all the world the world. The audacity of that statement, to be number one at something in the world.
Speaker 3: I don't think so in the world to be fair, because you'd probably have heard about it by now numerous but you did. But you're not one to brag, So I'm not one for self promotion, that is correct. Yeah, yeah, but no, not that I know of.
Speaker 1: Well, if your dream was to be the numberumber one breakdancer in the world, unfortunately you're gonna have to You're gonna have to have a dance off against somebody. You ready, you ready, with your animal impressions. And here that's right. The Australian breakdancer Rachel raygun gun has A has claimed the top ranking in the world breakdancing rankings.
Speaker 2: You have some questions, don't you?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: How?
Speaker 2: How how is.
Speaker 1: She number one in the world breakdancing rankings.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you. Apparently what she what she did here?
Speaker 1: And I'm sure everything is all about the skill.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: She competed in the Oceana the what is specifically the for the Paris Olympics. Her next thing was the World Dance Sports Federation Oshana Championship. So Oceana when they say that's New Zealand Australia. Yeah, I mean, you know this has been in case somebody doesn't. And she had competed the previous year, and the previous year, you remember, she won the thing, which is how she got in. She won the thing that was arguably more of a popularity contest than anything else. But because it's a predominantly it's a predominant I guess region that she comes out of, and they assign a thousand points. She now, mathematically, after doing going to these things twice and somehow winning against what looked to be far superior breakdancers, is now ranked the number one breakdancer in the entire world. Let me ask you a question, and this is just a possible ability for all you lunatics. Obviously, they voted for her because they want to send a message. They voted for her because some would argue that maybe the whole thing's a little rigged down there. But can you imagine being a breakdancer in New York in trying to innovate where it was created back in the seventies or I guess you know story it rose to promise the seventies and obviously into the eighties and you're doing that, you're doing You're like, I'm going to defy because this new move where I defy gravity, it doesn't look real. This was the first Olympics where the AI was so good. It actually is helpful to athletes because once you find out something, you're like, there's that's AI. There's no way a human body does that. And then they're like, no, it's not AI. That's a person who I don't know, got superpowers or something.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 1: It's even more amazing. It's even more amazing. Meanwhile, this thing here people killing it now. Obviously didn't win the Olympics because the judges were not having any of it. But it seems she seems to win a lot down in her little region, and because she wins so much in the region, she has you know, she has a huge points lead. But yeah, they just they just said she's the new number one raked Jim breakdancer. There's a whole world's losing it, man, each and every day, just losing their damn mind.
Speaker 3: Sounds like it's just like a popularity contest, is yeah, isn't it like her husband one of the judges too, or was that not true? All right?
Speaker 1: So, like like everything else, they took some stuff that was of concern and then somebody crafted, uh, that same post that everyone put out.
Speaker 2: And what it allows them to do.
Speaker 1: Is to look at all those things where they're talking about the husband was the was the head of the Olympic breakdance team, and they did this and they did that, and because people just couldn't let that narrative be there, they created a conspiracy story that included things like they were the founders of the organization. They were not. They're not even on the board of it. However, they're clearly friends with everybody, and so they go and they debunk it. They'd be like, and that's the part they would debunk, and then everything else would kind of get ignored there because Ross is right, it's a popularity time.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's like body and mcboat face.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent, you know, and now it's some fun meme.
Speaker 3: It's like if I'm like competing in cliff diving, and every and like everybody else like jumps off the cliff into the into the ocean. Right every time I get up, I jump off the cliff and go face first into the cliff right well repeatedly, like that's what I become, not like, oh my god, here's Captain cliff Face. You know what I mean. I would vote vote for him number one. He's amazing.
Speaker 2: You know what it is.
Speaker 1: It's the William Hunging of society. Yeah, and look, I'd be here for the lulls. Don't get me wrong, right, I think some of that stuff's funny. I think some of that stuff is really funny. The problem is she takes it seriously. Do you know what I'm saying? And then the moonbats come out and they take you well, you're just saying that because she's a woman.
Speaker 3: I'm like, she's a woman's division this a woman takes it so seriously or she was like a PhD and like yes, and.
Speaker 1: It comes out and is professionally offended. Can you read her paper? She's like, you, what a struggle. I'm a woman trying to make it a breakdance And I'm like, I think the pro of the struggle is you can't breakdance. That's like, that's like me, go, oh, look, I just got signed by the Yankees. Ross. Did you hear, by the way you have said I got signed to the Yankees. I can't hit a ninety mile an hour curve. But that's not my fault. That's the answer to the opposing picture's fault. I look, I look really good in pinstripes. That should be enough. This is the William Hunging of America, but it's the serious version and not the not the the Jesse Camp version, whatever that was. I always make reference to that, and I realized a bunch of our audience probably doesn't remember who that dude is. Did you ever see when they were trying to be the next This was like one of the very.
Speaker 3: First Yeah, I told you, I remember that I had a job. I watched that live and then I interviewed him, and to this day that remains one of the craziest interviews I ever. Because I had to go to UH. I don't know if it was like Lalapalooza. It was some sort of music festival. I had to go from Omaha, which was around the time this is going on to UH to Kansas City for a music festival, and I was on a very strict timeline and I had to find the acts that I had to record on mini disc to bring back to the radio station to play right, And one of the person in my docket there was was Jesse Camp, who.
Speaker 1: If you don't know Jesse Camp is There was a contest of be the next VJ on MTV.
Speaker 7: Right, and.
Speaker 3: They brought in a ringer who was a DJ from Boston who was supposed to win. He was the guy that was supposed to secret Yeah, Dave Holmes, I believe was his name. And he was incredibly knowledgeable and he was great on camera, and he could speak and he was a pro and he was the guy that was supposed to win. And they brought him in and it was supposed to be a contest and people would vote like tr L and he would get on and that was the guy you were supposed to vote for. The other ones were just sort of kind of there or for entertainment value from you know, a producer put him on. And one of those guys was Jesse Camp. And Jesse Camp was a heroin addict. He was he was the dude was that.
Speaker 1: The crazy hair like uh yeah, like the Amadeus movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah. He was a train wreck. And the guy could barely speak, like hey would ask him a question and they'd be like, Jesse, what do you think about flock of seaguels or whatever, like he couldn't the dude could not speak, and everybody at home instead of voting for Dave Holmes, damn for the guy that couldn't speak. You know why, because it was funny. Everybody at home voted for the guy that couldn't speak because it was funny.
Speaker 1: It was funny, and they felt that you were telling them what to do with.
Speaker 3: Homes, right like, because and I.
Speaker 2: Think they learned from that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hell, that was almost a Hillary mistake, partially the Hillary.
Speaker 3: Mistake, because people could see through what they were trying to do. It was so blatantly obvious the attention they were giving Dave Holmes, and they ended up giving by the way, they ended up giving Dave Holmes a job even because that was the guy they wanted to hire for the job, right like, they already had their their winner in their in their mind who was supposed to win. But the audience was like, ha, ha, we're voting for for This is your.
Speaker 1: Problem now because you you made the rules, you got to hire them.
Speaker 2: So and so you interviewing this dude.
Speaker 1: You guys are talking about what Middle East policy? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I'm walking around the venue, and I'm looking for him and I had no problem finding everybody else, and I'm like, I'm going to try to find Jesse Camp. And I ran into the record rep and I'm like, hey, I need to speak to Jesse I need to interview him. Do you know where he is? And they're like, oh, yeah, he's over there, and they point over to a bouncy like a bouncy castle that they had set up, okay, And Jesse Camp is jumping up and down on the on the bouncy castle and at the time, he was wearing those big Jenko jeans, like the big, the big, the jar and he's jumping up and down and the dude and he's he's going, yeah, the dude is peeing on himself. I'm not I'm not. I'm not exaggerating. I'm not even sarcastic. It's not any hyperbola. The dude is jumping up and down and there is a wet patch on his pants that starts to get bigger and bigger, and he is peeing himself on the bouncy house. And then he they take him down and they put him in front of me, and he stinks. He stinks like pee because he peed himself on the bouncy castle, and I'm trying to interview the dude and it is none of it, is you the air, none of I'm shocked.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked.
Speaker 3: Worst interview I've ever done.
Speaker 1: Right right, right right, yeah, because you got that story. But jeez, man, that's it. People love this thing, this thing that they do. And so as as this is, yes, I understand why she's the world number one.
Speaker 2: That's that's people going.
Speaker 1: The difference is people back in the day they did it for funny reasons, and maybe some of it's that, but I think a good chunk of hers is for woke.
Speaker 3: Reason and now they do it for like social justice.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and that's not funny, that's not bad, that's not funny. And then you know, sometimes the body mcbouface gets played out, but at least that was meant to be funny. It's different, all right, six six fifty one Casey O Day Radio program coming up on the show. Uh, we talked about Elton John Actually, uh, we have the the top one one hundred AI influencers. We'll see if you can spot any bias. And I had to consult a physician on this one story.
Speaker 6: That will.
Speaker 1: I I once I learned where where all these things were, it's even more confounding.
Speaker 2: Plus Senator Ted Buddell join us.
Speaker 1: That'll be coming up at eight oh five, So busy, busy, we'll be back hang on coming up one hour from now. We will will chat with Senator Ted budd Lord knows we've got enough to go over. We got the debate coming up tonight. And then of course, you know you just got Congress getting ready to get back in there and spend more of your money or not spend your money, or lie about how your money's being spent, and then watch you get stolen with no accountability. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll pick his brain, see where they're gonna go. They have options.
Speaker 1: So that's that's your in one hour summer saying Time magazine displaying a little bit of bias.
Speaker 2: I'll let you be the judge.
Speaker 4: And and.
Speaker 1: The bodycam footage from the Tyreek Hill incident has emerged.
Speaker 2: I have some.
Speaker 1: Thoughts all around, and I think that it's important to understand that the bodycam footage doesn't include everything. And I think you have to have the totality of all the different elements of it. If you're going to give an honest assessment, and people are immediately reacting like the cops did nothing wrong, or the cops did everything wrong. And if you're not bringing all of the informat or and Tyreek kill did everything wrong or he didn't do anything wrong, Like if you're jumping one hundred percent of that and you can't even cite what are the at least the parts of it that we do understand, and then compare and contrast it to the way that that is handled with somebody who's not Tyreek Hill. Who look, most people that police pull over not driving McLaren's worth more than all the houses you've ever owned. Okay, but it's also Miami, and if they're you know, so, they see a lot of that, They see a lot of that crazy stuff, and they, you know, so, they deal with very wealthy people. Maybe not as much in Miami gardens up there, but that's where the stadium is, and so it's not their first rodeo, so to speak, pulling over a dude in a hot car. But in the video that was released, you see from the moment the officers rolling up on Hill's vehicle and the way that Hill was portraying what happened was he's a fan of law enforcement. Maybe he is, I don't know, and that he was trying to do everything to be accommodating, and they they needlessly just decided to pull him out of the car and put and lay him down, put him in cuffs.
Speaker 2: And that's not accurate. That's not accurate.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean that necessarily it was handled correctly, but that's not accurate. And so when you're lying from the jump, people are gonna they're gonna have questions. I gotta tell you, before I had really no outside opinion of Tyreek Hill other than I didn't want to play against him. I don't want Tyreek Hill running around destroying my horrible secondary even more than it already gets destroyed some weeks. I hear the dudes fast. Can you imagine having to play him twice a year? Holy crap, I'd hate to be those guys. But that's, you know, that was the level of I know that there was an accusation that was made against him by uh if it was a girlfriend or just the mother of his kid or whatever, that he was abusive, but then she withdrew it, and people are like, see, he's proven innocent, and I'm like he was he but nothing ever came of it. So that's the way that works in the country. And I, frankly I didn't know enough about the whole thing, but I remember that little incident. But with Tyreek Hill. In the video, you see the officer roll up there. Immediately he's going to conduct what looks to be a regular traffic stop, but he is clearly amped the police officer, unquestionably, and there's and there's like three motorcycle cops that are immediately all on him in the traffic stop, like the backup city there, and it's because the game is coming up, so the area is crawling with police to provide security, traffic control and everything that they do. And the cop is, you could is unequivocally pod man. But that context really isn't in there as much as it probably should be. The reason the cop was so p oed is that, and I is that there was apparently, and this is alleged, they had they had been a I don't know if they clocked him or how they got the number, but basically they were accusing him of doing a one hundred miles an hour in like a forty five, which I can see that that. You know, a lot most of the roads there in Miami are straight because it's all grid stuff, and if you got a hot car, it's easy to open it up. But I don't think i've ever seen a police show cops or any of the rest where if somebody was when you're super speeding, when you're doing something that crazy. I've seen a ton of incidents where cops are they are flying out of their cars in a lot of states. If you were to break the speed at that extent you're moving to you're moving up to very high misdemeanors or perhaps felonies if there's people around, because what you're doing is so reckless. It's to do one hundred miles an hour in a forty five next to a place where tens of thousands of people are congregating, right they're trying to drive in there, walk in there, get tailgate stuff set up, all of that. You can kind of see how busy it is in the background there, and uh, but it's you know, it's far enough ahead of game time then police are going to notice and and they're going to be upset. And people go, well, that's an ego thing. It just kind of is there's a little bit of a my authority thing there, But I don't know that it's not justified, because in my mind, I'm like, why would you do one hundred and forty five in a in front of cops? Like the sheer audacity of.
Speaker 3: That the whole So I just watched the video. You told me about it earlier, and I found it and I posted it on the Twitter of Exitcounty at Casey Radio, and I didn't watch it because I didn't know anything about the body.
Speaker 2: Can I anything past just the speed part.
Speaker 3: And all jokes and buffalo bills, you know, and lock them up jokes aside, all that aside. Yeah, he has a history, man, And when when things keep happening and you keep sometimes and things keep happening to you, maybe the problem is you. And the way that he's reacting to this officer, it's so entitled, it's.
Speaker 1: So And that's the second part of this.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying.
Speaker 1: I wanted to explain why because the other stuff did hadn't happened yet, and the people going, well, the officer came up there in a bad mood, yes he did. But if he if this dude was doing one hundred to forty five. A little bit of that being like, why, I can't believe you would you would disrespect me maybe in the back of his mind, but the office, that's crazy. If somebody did a hundred in your neighborhood, I just want you to think about this for a moment. You walk out, you're one of these people who's got that weird My kids are playing here neon green thing that you push in the middle of the street. And then ironically, when you're leaving your neighborhood you drive through my neighborhood over the speed limit.
Speaker 2: I'm watched.
Speaker 1: I know who you are.
Speaker 2: You're bad neighbors.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so now somebody's doing one hundred, what happens is somebody's doing ten over in your cull to sack this this guy's accused of doing that. So again that's an accusation. They'll often adjudicated. But that's one part, and we're trying to figure out, Okay, why is that officer officers, but one in Porteure, why are they so amped walking up to that, Because it's really from there you run into escalation, de escalation. It's a whole thing, and police don't always get it right, but not every situation necessarily is going to be is going to fit in with training, because some people don't care and they're not willing to de escalate. So now the traffic stop begins, and they didn't they were gonna pull him out of the car, do any of that. They wanted him to, you know, conduct a traffic stop. I don't know, maybe it would have ended there, but they start doing the traffic stop and immediately dudes doing the thing where he's rolling his window back up.
Speaker 2: Now there'll be a lot of these U.
Speaker 1: First amment auditors I see, or people post videos of themselves in traffic stops, or they've done a loophole in the law, and they can hang a little plastic thing out that says, I don't speak all of that, and that is kind of true. You know, different states have different stuff, and you don't have to aid in anything that's going to incriminate you. But depending on what it is, there are certain things that you're going to have to do and you're going to have to be able to maintain communication with that officer because it's part of the driver's license experience in the same way that in a lot of states if you don't submit to testing, they auto kick your license for a certain amount of time. And you could think that's unfair, right, You could be like, I'm a constitute, you can And frankly some of the stuff like DUI checkpoints and whatnot, the whole thing ruws me the wrong way from a Fourth Amendment perspective. That being said, the communication is to allow the traffic stop, but more important, the ability to kind of see what you're doing being hampered.
Speaker 2: Weighs on an officer's mind.
Speaker 1: And that vehicle, understandably so had really really dark tint and I don't know what the what the level is in Florida, and I don't know whether it met it, but from the video and I'm sitting there looking at it, and he keeps rolling his window all the way up. So not only is it not a communication issue, he the officer is gonna have trouble seeing what's going on in that vehicle.
Speaker 2: And that's a big no no, you know.
Speaker 3: And before seeing the body cam footage, and I saw Tyreek Hill at the press conference and he's like, you know, what if I wasn't Tyreek Hill, as if he's trying to say that, you know, he was pulled over because he was a black man in a very fancy car.
Speaker 1: He tried it with them. Did you hear did you see that part in there where the officers like they're like, we're all Hispanic, right, we're all Latino, we're people of color too. Don't run that.
Speaker 4: Game, right.
Speaker 3: Plus, your your windows are super tinted. We can't see inside. We have no idea who you are. And that's why we want to keep your windowrow because we don't know what you're doing in that car. And you were just going with one hundred in a forty five or whatever was forty.
Speaker 2: Five or fifty, I can't remember. It's a little unclear. But but you're speeding, is the accusation, but not just speeding, you're like super speeding.
Speaker 1: So all of those elements are going on, and then you almost immediately we go to it, and officers also are having to deal with other players. You have an SUV that's got another dude there. I think they put a hymn cuff for a few minutes, one of the linemen and they've got some other people because they're stopping. They're stopping and calling Drew Rosenhouse, who's apparently all their agents, which I'm sure Tyreek killing and I'm sure Drew Rosenhaus has a couple players calling them all the time over stuff. This obviously was a bit of an elevated incident, and they're calling, they're calling through Rosenhouse, but they've parked down, They've blocked an entire lane of traffic.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you know this. Officers also really don't like it.
Speaker 1: If let's say you're you're kind of caravanning somewhere and one the cars gets pulled over, don't pull don't pull over right up on that police officer. They're not gonna like it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: I've seen where people have stopped down the road. That's gonna come down to officer discretion. A lot of it's gonna come down to how the traffic stops going. And everything that was going on with his traffic stop was you could tell was not going to it was not moving in a positive direction.
Speaker 2: So the officers pull him out.
Speaker 1: He also they when they sit him down after they cuff him, he's like, he's he's complaining because he just had knee surgery. Uh, didn't the dude put up a gazillion yards like an hour later? So I Yeah, there's that. Now, even with all that going on in the entitlement that you see there, do you think that the officer should have made more of an effort to de escalate?
Speaker 2: Is a fair question.
Speaker 1: You can go ahead and ask that question, because those officers give zero. They're done with the discussion phase of this until at the very least they've been able to secure the inside of that vehicle and the occupant of that vehicle. Now, obviously they didn't end up arresting them, and and it's for him for him to sit there and argue that they what happens. If I wasn't Tyreek Hill, one of the answers would be you would be in jail probably, Ross, would you agree with that?
Speaker 3: To answer his question, Yeah, if you weren't Tyreek Hill, you'd be behind bars right now. Yeah, because it's unacceptable the way you were behaving.
Speaker 1: So, you know, if we're gonna throw that question out, I think we have to analyze it from all directions. Now, way, hold on, now, I got it's not called super speed, it's called operating to endanger you know what? Maybe it is in Massachusetts their boss to Paul probably pronounced weird, but uh, you know, every state's different. So one I'll tell you the guys that I see that that really irritate police or the or the crowd rocket dudes. Man, they get a hold of one, I'm not gonna lie. I knew a dude who whenever they go to pull him over, he just he just opened it up.
Speaker 2: He had a ninja. Yeah, a guy in Wyoming.
Speaker 1: I knew, you're not gonna You're gonna be shocked to learn he ended up going to jail for a while. But yeah, he'd uh he had a ninja. And uh, back in the day, when those crowd trockets first started getting hot, he'd drive around, he'd do stuff, didn't care about traffic loss cops would light him up, and uh, he'd be in the next county in about thirteen seconds because you know most of the vehicles that the for the police or SUVs up there in Wyoming, and he'd just straight run from him. Ended up getting caught, and uh, they beat the crap out of him, and not in like a weird Rodney King kind of way. They like he started he was just a just a enter it. But I remember they were talking about the officers being mad, and I'm like, all he does is run from them, and then he was screaming about murdering their kids or something like yeah, yeah, you know, people are still human. So that's you know, that's how that whole thing played out. I'm curious what you think eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Do you think that the officers could have could have de escalated? Do you think that I don't know how you would justify rolling up that tin and window to the point of not being able to speak, but then the audacity to hold a press conference and and and said, no, I love police and all that. Maybe you do, but I don't feel like you do. I feel like you realize that, you know, as far as this goes, you have a very unique opportunity, being who you are, to roll in and sit down for a press conference and have every little bit of what you wanted to say, you know, put out there for everybody. And that's, you know, that's a pretty good gets as they say, all right again eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four, all right, we'll get into that. The ABC stuff a little preview and we got some audio from Elton John. Okay, we'll get into that, and then we have the Comma audio too. Okay, I'm just kind of looking at the stuff here, so well, we'll get into that. And we got again a whole half show to go, so stick around. We got lots of stories to get to here on the CaCO Day Radio program, Ross.
Speaker 2: That was the word you used.
Speaker 1: I think was a pretty good word, entitled, right, entitled, And I think that that's pretty accurate with the it was entitled. But it was also very dismissive, which I guess is kind of entitled thing. But it was rolling your window back up. And then again, the incident that is reported to have triggered this, which you obviously don't see on the body cam footage and the little clips that are going out there, is that Tyreek Hill may have been doing literally one hundred miles an hour in like a forty five or something. And the and so by the time the officers who were on motorcycles got to them, they were they were not in a good mood. And here's the thing. There are people out there who think that you are owed a good mood during any law enforcement interaction. I want to be clear here, in some instances, I feel that you are because and I know the police hate this. You work for me, and it's not just that, it's I want I want the law enforcement facing part of my community to be efficient, but I also want them to be bad ass when they need to be. But I also want them to be, you know, to conduct business and interact with people in a way that is perceived as positive because I feel like in many situations you holds more results. And I think the good law enforcement officers probably agree with that. The problem is sometimes that ain't gonna work. And when you have a guy who keeps rolling a window book back up at you and you can't see inside that vehicle, I don't know if that they recognize Tyreek Hill. I don't know that. You know a lot of people would. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. I didn't see any indicator that they did. They just saw some really really rich dude in a really expensive car who was not who had just done allegedly done something that if somebody did it in your neighborhood, you would lose your damn mind. Ross experiment on your way home today, Could you do one hundred on White Street and let me know what the reaction of your neighbors is. I want to know if anyone gets upset and maybe peel out while you're doing it, so you get their attention before they come out of your house to see you doing a hundred. Because I feel like maybe that's not going to work out for you. And I'll do it right here on Trade Street in Winston or in high Point hit by the studios here and we'll see how that goes. I feel like it's going to be negative reactions. And yesterday I met three three police officers over at a gas station. They saw the vehicle, blah blah blah. We had a nice conversation and then ross you know what happened. Right after the conversation, they drugged me out of the.
Speaker 2: Car and and tased me.
Speaker 1: So it was no, they didn't do any of that, right, they didn't do any of that, and that was the right response for that, now, you know.
Speaker 2: Or they could just ignore me because they're busy doing stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't care, but you know, that's part of the community policing thing which I subscribe to.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 2: I think that that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: However, when you have somebody who's willing to do something allegedly so reckless, police are going to approach that in a different manner because they rightfully think you don't care.
Speaker 2: About what the law is. They rightfully think that there's a possibility.
Speaker 1: That you're not all there, whether it's through a substance or mental health issues, or just your general attitude.
Speaker 2: It's gold. That's how this is going to play out.
Speaker 1: And you know what, if you really want to spin it, since obviously Tyree tried to make it about race, do you.
Speaker 2: Know who lives there?
Speaker 1: You know who lives on one hundred and ninetieth or whatever that is of Miami. Talk to people from Miami. I was having a conversation yesterday with somebody from Miami. That's not a nice part of town.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Granted our iHeart studios are not far from there, but when you get when you start climbing, climbing those numbers. Basically, there's two spots a right northwest Northwest Miami and northwest Miami suburbs which were bad, which were dangerous places. You ever hear of pork and beans through some Miami people. People lived in Miami. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Google pork and beans. It's not the thing in the can that you want to eat. It's the Cabrini green attitude, legend, legacy of parts of Miami. Now, granted this is not pork and beans. They're very far away, but I always thought that was an interesting names. But it's basically, it's the other. It's the other thing. So where he's ripping through, potentially at one hundred miles an hour, consists of yes, dolphins fans, which probably are a lot of kids that are nearby, but also the people who live in that area, even though it's getting pretty gentrified with building, you know, because they're just expanding out. That is that was primarily an enclay for lower socioeconomic residence, and because it crossed so many thresholds of backgrounds from Hispanic to black to you name it, there was a lot of conflict there. So that's a rough neighborhood. You're in a rough neighborhood doing something like that. Yeah, if you want to go down that road, all right, let's get a call here, Yeah, David, what's up?
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, Casey, how are you morning?
Speaker 1: I'm good, sir.
Speaker 8: I just uh I have a question for you.
Speaker 5: But I have some comments that I haven't really heard from uh just or or read online about about Hill and his attitude and and the things that his actions before.
Speaker 4: He clearly was speeding. I saw his black car flash by twice the speed of the previous two vehicles that went in front on that dash cam of that motorcycle officer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and at the very beginning he rolls his winded down, he looks at the cop and defiantly says what and it's told that he is speeding to pull forward, and then he shouts.
Speaker 8: How fast I was going? Did you catch that?
Speaker 6: That's the very.
Speaker 4: Beginning, before he even comes to a complete stop. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, some would say that's an admission that you the very least think you were speeding.
Speaker 6: So yes.
Speaker 5: And then and then when he rolls his window down after he's automatically starts all saying dock on my window, but he says it six times. When he hands it his license, he says, do not knock on my window. And then when he rolls his window back up, it's up for twelve seconds.
Speaker 6: Go back and check the video.
Speaker 4: I've already looked at it like twenty times.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I'm fascinated about this, but yeah, I'm also fascinating because you know what, if you know a really easy way not to have your window knocked on. Put it in its protective case. Cald your door, right, you know, window.
Speaker 4: That's great man, Yeah, that's a great point. And one one, just one more thing, and then I really do want to know what.
Speaker 8: My question for you is, why are these things that I've already mentioned in.
Speaker 4: This last thing that I'm going to mention. After the twelve second count of rolling his window up, the cop repeats himself for a third time to keep his window down. Bill rolls his window down. Maybe what about three inches?
Speaker 8: Four inches?
Speaker 4: Matt, Yeah, and with a raised voice, you clearly hear him say, don't tell me what to do. And he's and he's he's kind of hollering. He's not screaming, but he's hollering. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And that's when So all those things that I just.
Speaker 5: Mentioned, I'm not hearing a lot of the details, you know, of the people that are talking about this, But all of those things that we just mentioned, that I just mentioned happened before any actions from that cop that Hill's trying to.
Speaker 4: Turn this into a race thing.
Speaker 8: And and one last thing, one last.
Speaker 4: Thing, So I believe that he is a man with a lot of testosterone like the rest of us. He got busted speeding, and he was very upset, and he was in a rush to get to the game, to get to work, and and he didn't want.
Speaker 8: To suffer the consequences of it. So he turned around and he acted like a horse is behind and and that's why I take this race thing whatever is being said or he's what line he's trying to because I haven't could I didn't watch him.
Speaker 4: This morning. Yeah, yeah, but he's upset because the brother got caught speeding, just like the rest of us have been caught speeding, and you have a decision to make.
Speaker 1: I don't even want.
Speaker 4: Or do you want to make it worse?
Speaker 3: And he made it worse.
Speaker 2: Do you have a speeding ticket? David's making accusations.
Speaker 1: I don't have a speeding ticket, so I've never gotten caught, sure, because I am much faster than you.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I hear yeah.
Speaker 1: And frankly, I don't even think as complex as that. I think the dude realizes because they have obligations that they have to meet for showing up to stuff. I think he was irritated that this was gonna this was because he was gonna have to hear it from his coach and maybe even you know the team going well, why weren't you here? Whether he consciously escalated, I don't know that. I believe that. I think he's I think he's an entitled dude who was driving a McLaren. I you know, I'll tell you what we do, a social experiment, raced agent from the Weather Channel. Can you get me a McLaren. I'll drive it around for a while and I'll see if my attitude gets poor?
Speaker 6: Is what it was.
Speaker 1: I wanted to test this.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't do the whole Tyreek kill things crazy, but it's the only football story to talk about.
Speaker 7: So well, why Vikings win? And as I well, I guess I wasn't the one.
Speaker 1: I was thinking out, what's the man?
Speaker 4: What was the what?
Speaker 1: What was the one? What's the one where the seventy eighty year old man flushed a quarter billion dollars down the toilet?
Speaker 2: Did you see that story?
Speaker 3: I did not see that.
Speaker 1: I think he was old and confused, and he's like, I got too much money in my pocket, Let's flush it down a toilet. And then that's what he did. Now it's going to take him four years, but probably maybe less to flush at all, but uh yeah, a.
Speaker 7: Story I would say, so I'd say, where's the toilet?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, probably in Dak's new Giant mansions. Yeah, feeling about that, feeling about that, that all of this drama off season, and then Jones gives Dak and and Ceedee Lamb exactly what they want. You guys could have been you have had to deal with none of this.
Speaker 7: Well, I just it is what it is.
Speaker 9: And it's not just me saying it. I'm not and I'm not doing this like I've discovered anything. But there was really no real good quarterback play this weekend, right, So he didn't play. He played, Okay, I mean come on, And then he says, it's not about the money, it's about what the money represents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is looney, that is.
Speaker 2: To not comply with police.
Speaker 9: And then another thing is yes, is they say you know, well, they say it's not about the money, and I love playing and it's all.
Speaker 7: That's what it's all.
Speaker 9: Then you hear some of these guys saying, well, you gotta you gotta pay him to the market, and I'm like, yeah, whatever said, you know what I get paid for performance?
Speaker 6: Like I do or don't do?
Speaker 7: You know, yes, yeah, whatever, but that will never happening.
Speaker 9: And it's all about the owners anyway, just seeing who's got the bigger wallet and all that.
Speaker 7: So anyway, I think there's a lot of that into it too. But anyway, yeah, I've got some ideas of how the season is going to go. The poor Falcons.
Speaker 1: I don't boy your boy Jeff was your boy. Jeff was down in the mouth yesterday.
Speaker 7: I don't know what he would have expected.
Speaker 9: I didn't think Cousins was gonna honestly, and I think they knew something and that's why they drafted who they drafted quarterback.
Speaker 7: So we'll see what happens in the coming weeks. I think he's got a short leash.
Speaker 9: But anyway, pretty quiet weatherwise, warm, dry, pleasant mornings, some fog in some spots, fifties during the morning hours for the rest of the week until about Friday morning, when we get back to the little bit sixties. Daytime highs between eighty and eighty five. Start to see a little more cloud come in, and then Friday Saturday in the weekend, Friday Saturday, Sunday the weekend, maybe some showers. Right now, I go up through say, say, pretty confident forecast. What happens with Francine, which is now a tropical storm with sixty five mile power winds in the southwestern Gulf as it comes on shore tomorrow after it was a hurricane on Louisiana coast. What happens with that moisture right now remains to be seen. We're probably on the eastern edge of it as it goes to depression status and weekends, but still there could be some showers in there that could be tied to that. So more than just football to talk about, maybe in the middle part of the week.
Speaker 7: So oh wait, that's no.
Speaker 2: No, Now we're in talking about football, So sure, that's.
Speaker 7: Fine with me.
Speaker 3: The program.
Speaker 9: What if they would have left Caid in the game for the second half, I mean the second half of the third quarter. I was sitting there, I'm like, yeah, I'm ready to go home, but so and yeah.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I just want to I just want to warn our audience real quick.
Speaker 1: Then next week, raised aging is going to be unbearable for many of you, And I apologize in advance. Okay, those of you who choose to don the red, it's nine it's gonna be uh.
Speaker 9: Well bye week first. Yeah, that actually I'll be happy for that. Yeah, going to that one.
Speaker 7: But we'll see, I mean, we'll see see NC State coming up.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, imagine what you're gonna do when you lose. All right, Oh look at that.
Speaker 7: We gotta go, so yeah, I gotta go.
Speaker 1: I'll go on there, sir, seven forty nine raced age there. We'll be back in a few hangout. That's not the only thing going on. And to help me expand as Congress gets back to doing or not doing whatever it is they will do or not do. One of those folks that would be Senator Ted Budd joins us. Oh, we got to fight an echo, so yeah, I'll be going now, oh there we go, yep. Yeah, all right, So I'm gonna have to put you on hold real quick, Senator and Ross are you hearing that? You don't hear that? Okay, So that's just me on this. Okay, I'm in my well, I'm in my Greensboro studio today and Ross is back at Raleigh HQ. So it's just me. So we'll go ahead and do this thing. Sorry about that. We're excited for you, excited for the debate. You guys all sit around. Is there a watch party with members of Congress where you sit around in jeer and jeer and throw popcorn and stuff or what do you guys do?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm sure there's some uh, you know, there's some folks playing drinking games somewhere and we're just gonna go get together and a couple of us watch it and you know, do play by play.
Speaker 6: So looking forward to issues?
Speaker 1: Can I ask who you watch it with? For some reason that would be fascinating to me? Is it all Republicans? Or do you ever watch it with a Democrat?
Speaker 6: Some of these ideas, I just don't see that happening. I know in some rainbow laden the world people would just love to see us all together like that. But I'm not going to see that happening tonight.
Speaker 1: No, I want to see it, but I wanted to escalate to a Jerry Springer show and then I want it on a film.
Speaker 6: That would be fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah for us, Yeah, for us, it'd be fun.
Speaker 1: What do you think the most important topic that should be addressed? And I don't necessarily mean from a strategy standpoint, what do you think has to be addressed that ABC would be remiss and not asking well.
Speaker 10: The whole thing has to center around two issues. That's unsafe and unaffordable. That's what this all boils down to. And so ABC not prone to really being fair. But Trump will do just fine. He'll stick to the issues. He's disciplined, and I look forward to a great outcome. But we've got to talk about inflation, and we got to talk about crime and just general unsafety. I mean, if you want to think internationally from the afghan withdrawal and what happened three years ago when they pulled out of Afghanistan, just an absolute train wreck on the global stage. Or you can talk about you know, if you're living locally and you're talking about fentanyl, if you're talking about the local sheriffs and new crime, all that is lays right at Kamala Harris's feet. And so we got to talk about crime and we got to talk about inflation. Those two things are what people that I'm hearing in North Carolina are concerned about.
Speaker 1: There is a particular story and it's getting a lot of mean, I'll say, but it's part of a larger issue. You know, people can make cat and and and duck beams all that they want but what it speaks to is a situation where and you know, locally, they just wrote a story about this, where the FEDS will relocate people as part of this migrant program and just basically pick a spot and here's a thousand, or here's eight hundred youth in the case of the Greensboro facility, or here's twenty thousand people from Haiti up in Ohio, and you know, whether they're sharing goose and duck recipes or cat recipes or it's it's more. It's just more about this change that people are noticing and they don't feel that it's represented and that people are looking out for them. Simultaneously, I understand that there's people who come here because of the hell holes.
Speaker 2: That they live in.
Speaker 1: I've spent a lot of time down in Central America and South America, and I wouldn't want to live in a lot of these places. So how do you balance that with people's fears and what are legitimate fears of One day they wake up and they have three thousand new neighbors who don't speak their language, there's going to be conflict, there's going to be concerned. Is there a way to handle this or we don't have to dehumanize people. But also we can stand our ground.
Speaker 10: So what's happened is the problem has shifted under Biden, has not been solved under Trumpet will solve. You secure our border and then it keeps the pressure where the problems actually are and we can deal with it in Haiti, we can deal with it in Cuba, or we could deal with it in Venezuela. But they need to be dealt with at home. It's it's horrible socialistic, totalitarian collective governments that cause people to want to exit and then come here. But I'll tell you what, if Kamala Harris and Joe Biden had their complete way, it's going to be a whole lot.
Speaker 6: More like Venezuela. It's going to be a whole lot more like Cuba.
Speaker 10: I mean, that's the logical conclusion of what their policies actually stand for.
Speaker 6: Their totalitarian their collectivists.
Speaker 10: They're over over government overreach. That's the kind of place that people want to leave, not come to. But it really comes down to securing our border. But I'll say if that happened not in Ohio but in North Carolina, our first question would be, is it Tamato based, or is it vinegar.
Speaker 1: Preast well people think about it, or is it the apple jack moonshine, or do you go with the peach based or even further into the mountains some of the berries. I mean, these are important questions admittedly, So what do you what do you do in that situation? Because now you have you have twenty thousand relocated folks. They're not leaving Springfield, Ohio or whatever, it's Springfield, right, They're not leaving Springfield. I mean that's just and the impact that that has in a community that size, it's almost an inflationary impact.
Speaker 6: Oh sure.
Speaker 10: I mean you know you've got ten people living in a bedroom. You've got crime issues. I mean I'm not talking about just stolen pets here that that tragic in itself, but crime people that have not come in the right way, they don't.
Speaker 6: Speak our language. This is a horrible issue.
Speaker 10: So one, you've got to enforce the law locally, and that puts a huge strain on local law enforcement.
Speaker 6: But that's number one. The second is people got to get out and vote.
Speaker 10: I mean, we're less than sixty days away from November fifth, and if people thought this was somebody else's problem and now it comes home to your small, you know, medium sized town here in Springfield. Now it's their problem, or in our communities here in North Carolina, it's our problem. It goes back, and I've shared this with you before when I travel around the state and I just got through visiting all one hundred counties, but Sheriff all Over is saying that every single county in North Carolina is now a border county because of Joe Biden and now Kamala Harris's policies. So I mean, it's not somebody else's issue down at the border now, it's Springfield, Ohio and its towns and counties all around here in North.
Speaker 6: Carolina too well.
Speaker 1: And Iril wrote or a PolitiFact at a piece actually on that, and they would tell you that that's all wrong. Crime rates are down. We can get into why crime rates have been manipulated from a reporting perspectives.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they before hotspots. Yeah, So.
Speaker 1: When you have the media that's going to come in and continue to be that dishonest, it's only going to be what people see around them, and I think it's really going to trigger them. It's why it's so effective. When you go to a grocery store right now. I swear I swear under my breath literally every time I at the store doing big shopping.
Speaker 10: Senator, Yeah, yeah, you feel a lot stronger because you can carry a hundred bucks of groceries, you know, a lot easier. Oh yeah, come man, man, yeah absolutely, I mean yeah, you see people putting stuff back on the shelf. I mean, now you kids are back in school, you see them saying, hey, maybe you know we're going to go to Goodwill this year rather than to Walmart.
Speaker 6: People are really rethinking about.
Speaker 10: Their budgets and they're having to because just stuff just costs so much more. You got too much money chasing too few goods. And all of that comes directly from Kamala Harris, Joe Biden's policies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they say in the business I do in the business, you do heart strings and purse strings. And it's true. It's one hundred percent true. And right now I think per strings are winning out. But you know, let me give you example. You guys are back from your vacation. I don't know if driving one hundred counties is vacation. Do you ever wish that you ever wish you were with a Senator from like Rhode Island.
Speaker 6: Just it'd be like a county visit every weekend. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, it'd just be so easy. Russ is just he had to drive like the length of North Carolina a few weeks ago, and I'm like, last time I did that, it took me all the day, all day to drive from Raleigh to Chattanooga, and I'm like, I could see North Carolina and I've spent all day driving.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's eight hours, Murphy Domanio. It's a it's a long haul.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what do you what are you guys working on other than Chuck Schumer telling you it's on arrival. If you want to actually have people prove their legal to vote, as it's attached to funding, how's that going.
Speaker 10: Well, that's the main thing we're watching. Say what is the House going to send us? I know they're going to put something together this week, so we don't know what that's going to be.
Speaker 6: I love first of all, I don't.
Speaker 10: Like continuing resolutions or cee ours because it spends at our current level.
Speaker 6: We need to go back to pre COVID.
Speaker 10: Levels of spending, and with the level, you know, with the size of our economy, that would put us on a great track to eliminate. You don't reduce the deficit. You eliminate the deficit, and then you start working on the debt. So I hope people keep those two things in mind, but I don't know what they're going to send us. But Chuck Schumer doesn't believe in the Save Act, which is about voter integrity. I think it's a brilliant idea. We just need the House to fight for it, and I'm not sure they will.
Speaker 1: The Let's talk about what else is in the Save Act. Let's talk about those common sense things. One of them is obviously verifying that somebody's legal to vote. Now, the Democrats say that thing's hunky door. You guys are making much do about nothing, and you're trying to make it more difficult to vote. That's the standard line. Sell me on why this makes it more secure but without inhibiting, you know, legal voters from reasonably being able to vote.
Speaker 6: Well, this is about voter registration. It's not the day you show up to the poll when you register to vote. It requires proof.
Speaker 10: Of citizenship in person when an individual registered vote, and it requires states to remove non citizens from their existing roles, so it cleans the roles and it makes people who want to go vote, It makes their vote count, it's not diluted by illegal or problematic voter roles.
Speaker 6: That's huge.
Speaker 10: I don't see why any but reasonable person, and that's the key is reasonable person would have a problem with this. But I just think if you're not a citizen, you should not vote in US elections, or if you're a tourist coming here from Europe, you should not be able to vote.
Speaker 6: And this is a legal loophole, and the Save Act closes that.
Speaker 1: And let's talk. And it's not just people who are there. I have lived in five states or I've had the right to vote California and Wyoming, Minnesota, North Carolina, and Colorado. I've resided long enough in each of those states at some point I shouldn't be on the roles. And a lot of purging that happens in states are people who were perfectly legal to vote, who are no longer residents and able to vote in that state. I can't believe anyone of I shouldn't be able to vote in Minnesota. I haven't lived there in over a decade.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but they'll keep you on the rolls.
Speaker 10: There's no clean way, and this is. I mean this is that we can solve this with technology. It's not rocket science. Right now, when somebody is illegal to vote in another state, it's just not enforceable. You know, you've got folks that have moved. They just don't have a good way of cleaning it up. And I think that should be first and foremost what we do. You have people in North Carolina and registered in Pennsylvania and Minnesota, all these swing states, and then you know, doing absentees and two out of the three states in live voting in the other state. So that's that's what we're trying to eliminate.
Speaker 1: Although I should point this out. The Washington Post yesterday referred to what you're talking about as ethnic cleansing. Is that what you understand ethnic cleansing to be? As Jen Rubins suggests, I.
Speaker 6: Think they're scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Speaker 10: Usually when they hit the when they hit the races and ethnic cleansing type stuff, they're just out of arguments and so they grab for whatever they can. Usually that's something related to racism, which means they don't.
Speaker 6: Have any good ideas for defending their bad ideas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I wouldn't disagree with you anything else called what are you guys working on over on the Senate side, you guys specifically, Well.
Speaker 10: This is a you know, nominations. So when they send us, when the president sends us nominations, uh, you get a lot.
Speaker 6: Of we've got We've got across our desk this week. Oh my goodness. Yeah, one was going to Venezuela.
Speaker 10: Uh you know, with three trips to Venezuela paid for by the Venezuelan government. Yeah, we'll be wotting that down this week and seeing them in a in a hearing.
Speaker 1: So, Venezuela is beautiful, beautiful Caracas and the mountains there that it's beautiful from what I've heard.
Speaker 6: So if you look at it, if you look at Ohio and all these other towns.
Speaker 10: Where everybody's moved, there's nobody there in Venezuela to mess it up anymore.
Speaker 1: God yeah, what about that? What about the allegation with Venezuela. I'm sorry to stop you here. And and this is something that Trump suggests, and historically we've seen this. I'm looking back at Cuba back in the day in the boat lift and all that, where we have had countries that knew that they were they were losing people to us, and so they kind of selected who was going to go. And now they say that there's over a thousand of those Venezuelan gang members in the United States.
Speaker 2: Do you believe that to be accurate?
Speaker 1: And I know you've seen the video of them going and going into those apartment buildings in in in Aurora, Colorado and now South Chicago, which, by the way, have you seen the videos of some of the chic Hoigo gangbangers saying that this is our spot. You could have a damn turf w in Chicago, which is the last thing they need. Like is do you think that those numbers are accurate? And how do you deal with that? That seems like a huge problem to me.
Speaker 6: I think they're accurate. If not low it's a horrible problem.
Speaker 10: Law enforcement is overwhelmed or they're not even going into these areas for fear of their life. So this is going to require some major intervened convention to make sure.
Speaker 6: People are here legally. And that's look. Deportation is going to happen in layers. It's the worst that happens. First, it's these.
Speaker 10: Gang members, it's MS thirteen, and there's other.
Speaker 6: Gangs that are here.
Speaker 10: You start with them, You start with the worst, and you get them out of here, and then you start going down through and.
Speaker 6: Those that don't belong here, they need to leave.
Speaker 10: And I think President Trump will take care of that and our crime will drastically fall as a result of that, and I think it's one of our top priorities.
Speaker 6: People are scared to death.
Speaker 10: I mean, you look at a shot Center parking lot. People don't feel safe. It's not just down near the border, it's local as well.
Speaker 6: They won't shop at night.
Speaker 10: You know, we're getting ready to days are getting shorter. People don't want to go grocery shopping after dark. And you can't blame them, but that's not the way it should.
Speaker 6: Be here in this country.
Speaker 1: Now, I hear you there, and I think that, I think that. Do you think today I just got about a minute. Do you think today's debate will be as important and game changing as that Biden debate or is that not even possible? Forty five seconds, Yes.
Speaker 6: It would absolutely be important.
Speaker 10: People want to make sure because they looked at Kamala up more favorably and now they need to realize no, she is a younger version of Joe Biden in the policies that she holds are just as bad, if not worse. She is the number one most liberal senator and has been ranked that way. She wants to take away your gas cars, she wants to get rid of your private health insurance, and everything she does makes life worse for us here in this country.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're just saying that because she was the Green New Deal senate sponsor. Listen to you. All right, all right, I got a role, Senator. Thank you very much for the time, and we'll be doing our own watch party. We'll talk soon. Okay, all right, there you go. Senator Ted Budd here on the CaCO Day radio program. Hang on, I think Elton John, even though he has he has been a part of some political stuff, I don't think he gets into it. And frankly, I was reading something where they argue that Elton John was probably a Tory dude, which is basically that's their their their conservatives over there, which I think is really funny because he's kind of the last dude you would think being a LGBT icon and you know, all of those things. But also he strikes me as a dude who just kind of takes it as it comes, and I thought it was interesting because they did the thing that they always do. But of course they did it to a brit which annoys me, not just because they're British, but to anyone outside of the country. I'd norm I here's the thing. It's not that I normally don't care. I think it's very revealing about people. But I don't understand why you do it. I don't understand why you're interviewing some guy in Australia or whatever and they're like, so, what do you think of Trump? Everybody? I don't care what they think of Trump. I don't know if you've noticed that. I don't know if you know this. In Australia right now they're having a big to do where they're having a debate over the electoral college.
Speaker 2: They don't have one.
Speaker 1: They're having a like a political debate after one of the prime minister down there, who remember was building camps, was building camps because he heard people like camping with COVID under threat of force and that's razor wire like this dude, and he is not a fan of of Trump.
Speaker 2: And the guy's a giant moon batman. I told you all during COVID.
Speaker 1: Every single day it was some new story where I'm like, I thought Australia was more like us, and now I'm terrified of what they're doing down there. So they go to Elton John and they try to hit him with the uh, what do you think of Trump? And specifically what do you think of Trump and his interaction with Kim Jong Un? And the answer they won from him is he's a lunatic. He's going to start World War three, even though he started no wars, started no wars during his during his time in office.
Speaker 2: And I was not prepared for Elton John's response.
Speaker 11: Not a supporter of Donald Trump's he loves your music, how did it feel when he took the lyrics to rocket Man and he used it as a nickname for Kim Jong Un And then he gave Kim Jong Un.
Speaker 12: Good on you, Donald, I'm the rocket Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, that is a normal response for person who is not doesn't have derangement syndrome over one or other or the other political parties, Right, That's a human response. I thought it was funny and on a week, you know, a week after I got to listen to Dave Grohl act like they stole his catalog or something, even though he you know, the the campaign produced the literal license that they had to air anything within the BMI catalog.
Speaker 2: It's refreshing to hear so many of music.
Speaker 1: Though not only did I not mind, I actually evaluated it and I thought it was funny.
Speaker 12: Donald's always been a fan of mine and he's been to my conscious many many times, so I mean, I've always been friendly towards him, and I thank him for his support. Yeah, when he did that, I just thought it was hilarious.
Speaker 11: It was maybe laugh He gave he gave Kim one of your CDs and signed it. That was that was one of the books about him because Kim, I guess, didn't know the song.
Speaker 1: So he gave Kim John the sign CD you know which.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I know, because he hasn't heard him, he can do him be very surprised to be had. I've never toured in North Korea and I have no intention of doing so. But it was I thought it was a light moment and it was fun and and.
Speaker 1: And frankly, I feel like we those days have passed largely. But that's the proper response to it. Yeah, it was funny. Always he's a fan of mine, even though I have expressed political views that maybe don't align with is okay, I'm gonna go be Elton John and I'm gonna go be one of the most famous singers to ever do it.
Speaker 2: And by the way, have you ever been to an Elton John concert?
Speaker 1: I have. It's freaking amazing. He puts he put on a great concert.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I wasn't sitting there going I wonder what Elton John thinks of this issue. I was like, oh, this is amazing. I remember I got to see Elton John and the original reassembled Fleetwood Mac in like a three month span. That's not even necessarily the music of my era, but I will remember going to those concerts a long time. Do I care what Lindsey Buckingham thought, I don't, or Stevie Nicks. I don't get up and do twelve minutes of Tusk with costumes like it's the opening of the Broadway Lion King, because that's the thing that happened at that concert, and I loved every minute of it.
Speaker 2: And we don't have to go down that road. And what makes me so upset is it being forced upon me.
Speaker 1: And sometimes it's Hollywood people and music people showing out right. They do it because they want to curry favor and show how woke they are with everybody else, so they have to have their turn at the at the trough. And then I'm like, you're forcing me to sit here and have to reevaluate when I think of you. DeNiro's the best example. I could deal with de Niro for the most part, and I found, as much as I hate it, because I love so many of the movies he's in, he has subconsciously made me avoid rewatching stuff that I normally would rewatch. It is and I and I don't even I don't even take myself for somebody who necessarily does that. I try to just ignore the noise with this stuff. You're forcing my hands. So yeah, Elton John wants to come out. What do you think He let's you know what, Ross we need to send Elton John our version of Rocketman that we did when that story was breaking.
Speaker 13: He wave out He's flagged to each night the outright zero hour nine am, and I'm gonna launch a high.
Speaker 3: Right over Japan.
Speaker 13: Our rule the Earth someday, I bet my life.
Speaker 1: Our wind. Lisa ms Rays.
Speaker 6: It's such a man.
Speaker 4: Fight.
Speaker 2: That was pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was pretty good.
Speaker 13: And I think I'm gonna go a long wrong time.
Speaker 3: This show down bring me around a get to five.
Speaker 13: I'm not a man they think a man home. Oh no, no, no, I'm a working man, a working man, a little man with a huge nose cone and also very big hair. And I think I'm gonna rule a long long time.
Speaker 3: This show down breaks me around a.
Speaker 7: Get to five.
Speaker 13: I'm not a man they think a man home. Oh no, no, no, I'm a working man. The dear leaders of what get a little bad with a huge nose cone.
Speaker 1: And by the way, just let me go ahead and head off the email. Not that it'll probably do it, because every time I play that song, some of you, Oh, I can't believe you can't do that.
Speaker 2: You're parroting all Asians. No I'm not, do you Roz.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the moment you heard Kim Jong UN's voice when that summit was going on. It was like the Krasn steam moment I had the other day. I started laughing because you're taught. You know when you don't hear somebody like that, And what you know about them is they feed you to dogs.
Speaker 2: They'll turn you to mist with a missile or a mortar.
Speaker 1: You start to in and of itself, those acts force you to start thinking about this ruthless, murderous almost you know, kind of that Putin esque image that's out there, even though you know there's a there's a level of ridiculous in literally everything.
Speaker 2: That they do there in North Korea.
Speaker 1: And then I and then you heard him talk as translated, but you heard his voice there, and I would I'd be dead in North Korea during in one struggle session, right, I'd be gathering that big square fake crying with everybody for whatever, and then he'd get on the mic and I'd start laughing and I'd get mortared immediately. So, yeah, I wonder if Felton John likes our version.
Speaker 2: We'll have to find out. Raced agic he likes.
Speaker 1: His version of the weather.
Speaker 2: Some folks have taken issue, but the last time you were on the air.
Speaker 7: I bet they did well.
Speaker 1: But it's not what you think. It's not what you think of Our listeners were really hung up on a statement you made that you're paid on performance and you're a weather man, and they were wondering if you're financially stable.
Speaker 7: Oh yes, well I am your family.
Speaker 9: Okay, do you guys have food or do you need something? Okay, good, everything's good, everything's good. Still everybody's getting paid for their tuition and everything. Can't wait till that's over with. But yes, we're okay, we're okay. It's not sixty mil.
Speaker 1: You can't, you can't.
Speaker 7: It's not sixty mil. But you know what, we're surviving here. I'll survive. Yeah, I appreciate. I appreciate everybody's concerned, but listens.
Speaker 1: Looking out for you, looking out for yeah, I means look out for us in return. That's all we ask.
Speaker 9: We do, we do, And it's tough to get these wrong when you see plenty of clear sky and sunshine. So no rain over the next three days a little mid eighties. Some may stay closer to eighty than others, especially as you get into the mountains, maybe staying in the seventies. And then shower chances go up Friday, a few showers and about eighty degrees, and then over the weekend some showers. Listen, since we brought that up, I don't want to throw salt on my own wound, maybe, but you know, I go beyond three days, And I always say to everybody, listen, three four days out. Really, you've got to take anything beyond that grain of salt, especially in the situation coming up with a landfalling tropical system hurricane tomorrow on the Gulf coast, probably around Loffaya at least the center, but impacts will be felt away from the center. Everybody knows that drill, and it could have some of that moisture get here later in the weekend or over the weekend as showers, maybe some thundershowers. So I take anything past Thursday night as a subject to change, so pretty confident through that it will stay dry.
Speaker 7: How much ray we get remains.
Speaker 1: To be seen.
Speaker 9: So gives them a good reason to tune back in, not only for our expertise on the gridiron, but also on our expertise and other things.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying is, and if we get a thunderstorm in the next seventy two hours anywhere, your house gets reboed, right, But that is exactly what Okay, you know what we're gonna do this whatever happens.
Speaker 7: Man, whatever happens every two weeks. The money's still there.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, all right, yeah, all right, all right, I appreciate it, thank you very much. Okay, all right, I have a good one there, raced Agic from the Weather Channel. Uh oh, what's going on here?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Really is that? Oh wait, hold on, I gotta I gotta take this real, Phil, just real quick.
Speaker 2: Tell me this fact.
Speaker 6: I did not know. Yeah, so Elton John played Rush Limbaugh's When You Married Katherine.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I didn't, you know what, Maybe i'd heard that before.
Speaker 1: I did not know that. I just remember the pretenders being but hurt over Limbaugh. But I didn't know Elton played his wedding. All right, thanks for the call. I'm tied against the clock.
Speaker 5: Er.
Speaker 1: I talk some more, sir.
Speaker 2: We got to get back to Bellinger. But there you go, Jeff Bellinger next.
Speaker 6: Hang on.
Speaker 14: Oh good morning, Casey. I said your name three times, and there you were in my headphones.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 2: And I won't even shrink your head. So that's that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you for that.
Speaker 14: Stocks rebounded at the start of the new trading week. The dial then ASDAK and the S and P five hundred each game one point two percent. Monday trading. Stock market futures are higher now. They were rather vold till this morning, but they've settled into a positive pattern S and P futures up seventeen Nasdaq futures or up sixty six. Our futures are up fifty. Boeing could still see a machinist strike. The company and the machinist union reached agreement on a tentative four year contract, but acceptance by the rank and file is not assured. Wages will increase twenty five percent over the life of the pact if it's approved, but there has been some backlash. Consumers took on more debt over the summer. The FED reports borrowing rows more than expected in July, the increase of twenty five and a half billion dollars the biggest since late twenty twenty two. Apple is hoping artificial intelligence features will reverse a recent slump and demand for its iPhones. All four iPhone sixteen models revealed yesterday have the chips that are needed for new AI powered features, but buyers won't see the features immediately. Apple says they'll be activated gradually through future software updates. Small business owners became less upbeat last month. The National Federation of Independent Business reports its small Business Optimism index declined by the most in more than two years, and artificial intelligence said developers case have a chance to become real American heroes. The Federal Communications Commission is asking the AI community to submit ideas for products that can detect spam messages, analyze phone scams, and predict future robocalls so they can be blocked. The FCC also wants to know how deploying such tools might affect our phone bills.
Speaker 3: Casey like in a negative way.
Speaker 1: That's because mind just went up again. But okay, all right, well, thank you very much. Appreciate it too. Okay, have a good day, take care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll do so you're that all right. Couple quick things.
Speaker 1: First, sad news, James Earl Jones has passed away the age of ninety three. Obviously, obviously I don't have to remind you all the James Earl Jones stuff, but it is interesting to always see the legacy character that emerges and you can imagine its voice of Darth Vader, which is kind of interesting if you think about it, right, because James Earl Jones was in a ton of stuff. I think the thing that other than you know, Darth Vader, that most people would think of with James Earl Jones and correct me if I'm wrong. Is Field of Dreams?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: I'm assuming that's the go at least for my generation. Obviously he's his his work spanned you know, a half century. But yeah, very sad to see that. A lot of a lot of Star Wars, a lot of Kathleen Kennedy jokes. I made one myself, So yep, that is that's the one they're going to remember him for. And frankly, that seems incredibly appropriate. And finally, Rossa, I was just inspired listening to your story of covering Lollapalooza and Jesse Camp earlier. And now I'm thinking we got to send you to Firefest too.
Speaker 3: They're doing it already. I already bought my tent. Yeah, oh you did. Yeah, it's nice?
Speaker 1: Is it nice?
Speaker 2: It's so about the food? Was it gourmet food?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I've just been told my my tent was devoured by island wolves. Oh I have any island wolves off the coast of Mexico already? That one more reason to feel very nervous going to Mexico there. So if it's not cartel members on jet skis with automatic weapons. It's island wolves.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's extra because the tickets range from fourteen hundred to one point one million dollars, which, by the way, that will get you. They're doing it off this island and apparently they're gonna have yacht mooring and then you can get a super duper yacht for one point one million for the week and.
Speaker 6: Do all that.
Speaker 3: So being put on by the guy that did the original, right, the same guy that I thought was in prison. So he got out of prison and then he's like, I'm doing fire festival too, and everybody's like, I need to get me tickets for that.
Speaker 1: He's a weird dude. Did you see the interview Tosh did with him? Tash has an interview show Daniel Tosh. It's very interesting that show.
Speaker 3: I saw the the documentary and the guy who had to really work for the water for the island. Remember that guy, Yeah, what was he?
Speaker 2: He put in extra hours, right,