Speaker 1: Welcome, Welcome, welcome.
Speaker 2: It's time now for community connection right here on k what the one you drive, Judy, Judy Williams.
Speaker 1: How you doing, young lady?
Speaker 3: I'm good. How about you? Tom?
Speaker 2: I'm hanging in there. Everything's going into the chamber. You guys are nothing but busy.
Speaker 4: Just nothing but busney, busney, busy.
Speaker 3: We had popcorn and perks yesterday afternoon we got that was really good. We had a really good group of people.
Speaker 4: That's and then today we're doing hot topics with Ironwood Consulting. They're they're talking about banishing your burnout. So that's going on right now as we speak. But coming up, there is so much coming up. October the tenth. October the tenth is our Legislative Golf Tournament. Now, the Legislative Golf Tournament brings legislators and other state officials into our community, which is a great which is just a great opportunity. And then you can still get a team together and coming afores them. It's five hundred for a foursome or one hundred and twenty five if you're just an individual and you want to get paired, put into a group of four and play that tournament.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: It's just really a great opportunity to meet our legislators.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna have beautiful weather for it too, Yes, yes we are.
Speaker 3: And it's an Adams golf course.
Speaker 4: And this is your last chance to play at Adams before they do all their renovations.
Speaker 1: Get digging up.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, they're gonna they're gonna re they're gonna revamp the golf course.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So but this was this is your this is the last chance before it closes for for refurbishing, refurbishing.
Speaker 1: Well, this is gonna be great. It's gonna be a good time.
Speaker 2: It's always good time, and especially when you can speak with our legislators in a relaxed you know that's having find enjoying nature and everything else.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep. And and we to golf.
Speaker 1: It's just well this community does.
Speaker 3: It does it does.
Speaker 4: And then on October fifteenth, our Lieutenant governor is coming to town, mister Panell, Matt Panell will be here and he is.
Speaker 3: Also the Secretary over Tourism and.
Speaker 4: Wildlife and things like that in Oklahoma, and so he's going to come and talk about tourism in Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: And that is we're just really excited about that.
Speaker 2: Bartle Wills seen in the whole area has seen quite a bit of a bump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tourism.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, we are happening.
Speaker 3: I think I think I got it.
Speaker 4: Gives a shout out to Maria golf Gus at Visit Bartlesville. She has just worked tirelessly to get our community in the limelight and she's done a really good job of that.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a lot of history here. There's a lot of fun history as well. Well, there is kind of weird history too, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's a great It's a great place.
Speaker 4: Bartlesville is a great place to live, work, worship and play.
Speaker 1: You bet, it just is.
Speaker 4: And so I'm excited about that. We've also got some other things going on with on the twenty ninth of October. That's going to be a busy, busy day. There's stuff going on in between them, but we will do pastries and perks that morning, and the eatery supplies the pastries and Sherry supplies the perks, and she does a presentation with all the benefits of chamber membership. She goes into some of the history of the Chamber in Bartlesville and then talks about the tangible benefits of being in chamber member, but she also talks about the intangible benefits of chamber membership, and those are things that we don't see and know about all the time at what the chamber does at a state level to promote business and to promote our business at the state level.
Speaker 3: And Sherry's really really good at that.
Speaker 4: And so then that same day we will have speed networking that afternoon, and that's always a fun event. I call it speed dating for business, and you where a business leader gets to have oh two or three minutes to talk about their business uninterrupted, and then of course you listen to the next person give their spiel about their business, and it's just a great opportunity to meet and greet and learn about other businesses. October the third, I'm going back up a little bit. October the third is our next business after hours and that will be at Wesleyan Christian School. And I hear that they have a chef that comes and does the food for that, and oh my goodness, I hear.
Speaker 3: It is just going to be fabulous.
Speaker 4: So so that's at four o'clock at Wesleyan Christian School on October third.
Speaker 2: Been at that school lately, it is something else thinking they're growing and they need to grow a little bit more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know their football field, their football field got hit so hard in that tornado in May, and so they're but they're rebuilding that and redoing that and so it's just and they'll tell us more about that on October the third.
Speaker 3: But that's just a great.
Speaker 4: Thing that And I also want to talk about Christmas in the Ville. We can't not talk about Christmas in the vill. I know, I know, I know, it's awesome it is this year, we're adding a week to that. So opening night is November the thirtieth, and we will have food trucks, the Top Train will be there. Of course Santo will be there, and of course you can skate, but that's opening night. Will turn the lights on at six o'clock and I think we have fireworks and it is just a great time to come out. And that's November the thirtieth, and then we can skate until January the fifth, So we've got a full five weeks of skate time and that will be so fun. And we you know, we just pull people from all over southeast Kansas and northeast Oklahoma, and last year, I think we had around twenty three thousand people that we brought into downtown Bartlesville to skate and to eat. They didn't all skate, but they ate downtown. They we have carriage rides all through that time. And it's just a wonderful time to be in a Hallmark movie. It feels like a Hallmark.
Speaker 2: It does, you know when they light that up. I mean you feel like you're right there in Hollywood.
Speaker 4: You hear the kids laugh and the music plays, and they're skating, and the horses are jingle bells and it is just it is just awesome. It's just a wonderful time. And so I want to encourage you to them out for that. Oh yeah, there is one more thing I wanted to talk about.
Speaker 3: Our Community guide Book.
Speaker 4: Our Community Guidebook comes out every January, and so we are shutting the book on that pretty soon.
Speaker 3: It is last call for putting an ad in the book.
Speaker 4: So if you need to do that, if you're interested in putting an ad in the book, just give us a call and we will help you out.
Speaker 3: But we need to.
Speaker 4: Close that up here pretty quickly so that it can get put together.
Speaker 2: You know, those are very popular and I understand that they've been going out very fast. We've got a couple of businesses that are starting to move in. There are people will be with that electric company, and then of course with Blue Whale, Blue Whale and what have you. Those things are what they call fast movers. Yeah, and I remember when my mother moved to town several years ago. She said, why goodness sake, this is nice and comprehensive. I feel like I've been here for a while. I said, yeah, well, you know it. It is very informative and it does take Plus it goes back to a time for her kind of like the Yellow Pages when looking for services. Yes, and she says, well, thank you, She says, I thought that was relegated to the mutu.
Speaker 4: That is just a big part of our community guidebook. The back part of that book is where all of our members are listed by category, and so people can find you easily there.
Speaker 3: Of course, they can find you.
Speaker 4: In our member directory on you at www dot Bartlesville dot com.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's but it is a great book.
Speaker 4: It talks about there's more than ads and the community and the member directory is in there, but it also gives a little bit of history about the Bartlesville and about schools, and about churches and things that are available our health system here.
Speaker 1: To get around.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, so it's a great it's a great book. That book goes out to our realtors p.
Speaker 4: Sixty six cop abb take them for new take them for new hires. But all of our new members get a community guidebook. And so it's a great opportunity to do some good advertising in a really quality book that is going to be seen by people that that you want in your business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is not something that's slapped together. This is something that you would see in the top flight it is.
Speaker 3: It's really a well done book.
Speaker 4: Tesa Cruz does a great job putting that book together.
Speaker 1: Triessa works pretty darn she does.
Speaker 4: She does, so she's a great She is just a really good champion for the chamber.
Speaker 2: So I want to get back a little bit too the Christmas of the bill. All right, this is like you said, this draws so many people in so many different places Missouri and Arkansas. Peeps have been tracked coming into town too. So don't be too uh you know, oh my gosh, where's that license flight from? Well, because this is one of our attention getters. Now, it's a wonderful thing for our community as a whole to celebrate and have fun with. But like our friend Maria will always tell you, it starts with a visit. And I don't know that we've tracked the number of people who may have come here to see this a time or two that.
Speaker 1: Actually moved here.
Speaker 2: But wow, Yeah, But the thing is, you know, I do remember that there were some business people the first time I was out there for the lighting of the tree who moved their small business into town as the result of this. They said, Wow, is this community come together like this a lot? Iid, As far as I know they do.
Speaker 4: It's regular, it is it Bartlesviel's like that.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: What I hear is it's the biggest little city in Oklahoma or the littlest big city in Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: Either way you say it. It works.
Speaker 4: But we've got we've got culture, we've got special events, we've got things for kids, we've got things for senior citizens. It is just like I said, it's a great place to live, work, worship, and play.
Speaker 2: I tell everybody that is looking for a place to move to kind of get away from the riff raff and the hustle and the bustle and just the grind of the city. Right, I said, well, you know, in Bartlesville, you're never ten minutes away from where you need to be, right, And you don't have to fight.
Speaker 3: Traffic, right, that's the big one.
Speaker 2: You don't have to fight a lot of crime. And the folks will actually do something that might surprise you. They might come up to you and say, Hi, how you doing. I know they actually mean it.
Speaker 4: Isn't that the truth? When I first moved to Bartlesviell, it was like that someone. I moved here from a state where people don't really talk to each other a whole lot. And when I first moved here and people said hi to me at the grocery store that I didn't know I was, I was pleasantly surprised. But so now I say hi to people at the grocery store that I don't know son but goes around, comes around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've become a bortion.
Speaker 1: So how do you find you on your website?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Our website is www dot Bartlesville dot com.
Speaker 3: Real real tough one. And then and it.
Speaker 4: Will tell you about there's a community calendar there that will tell you about our upcoming events, everything that's going on in the chamber.
Speaker 3: You can go to www dot.
Speaker 4: Christmas in the Ville also and learn more about Christmas in the Ville and what is going on then. And you can also been on our website. If you haven't joined the chamber, there's a place to join the chamber. There's a member directory there, but there's a great opportunity in there to just see what the Chamber does on a date, what we do all the time. Yeoh, and we're and we're we're a busy chamber. We are our mission statement is to be a leading force for business and community development. And I just feel like that's what Sherry really tries to do. She it's it's the real deal, you guys. We really really care about our community.
Speaker 1: You guys are really really living it.
Speaker 3: So that's just that's what we do at the chamber. That's what's coming up.
Speaker 1: Than you for being here, my pleasure here.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you. This is yeah, Sherry, lets me come over now and then so.
Speaker 1: You got to play hooky.
Speaker 3: I got to play hooky.
Speaker 2: Alrighty folks, you've been watching and listening do our community can I