Speaker 3: Uh, here you go.
Speaker 1: We have a partly Sunday with a chance of showers and storms. They say it'll have an afternoon if we get them. Ninety one for the High. More showers and storms likely over night down to seventy two, another chance for those tomorrow, otherwise partly sunny in eighty seven for the High down to seventy overnight with likely showers and storms. Follow by another chance of sowers and storms on Saturday, with the mostly Sunday day otherwise and I High eighty six seventy four right now. Time for traffic from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 2: No matter the injury, you see how Arthur Pedix sandsplots medicine, redefines recovery to get you back to doing what you love. Called five one, three, four, seven, five eighty six ninety North Bend, seventy five crews are working with an accident near Richwood Road that has the left lane blocked off. Traffic slows a bit to get five, then slow again, buttermilk into the cut. That's a wreck northbound two seventy five above Kilby that's slowing traffic and a wreck down just outside eleven and on forty eight at Cook Chuck Ingram Month fifty five KOs see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey thirty one see boy Kersey Talks Station Love this time a week because get talked to. iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay or Ratlive also stock Trader extraordinary. That's his business man. He teaches people how to trade stocks and that's where he makes the money. Jay Rtliffe. Always great to have you on my program. And my reason I mentioned the stock thing again at the outset is because of the FED statement. Yes, it looks like we might get a rate cut in September, conveniently in advance of the November election.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be fun to watch because Jerome Powell, I do not believe, based on his pass as a fedchair, has been swayed one bit at all with regards to any political pressure from either side. And if they do drop something in September after years of not having any interest rate cuts, if they do it, it's gonna tick off the Republicans. If they don't do it, it's gonna tick off the Democrats. So it's gonna be interesting to see in September how things go. But Brian, there's a lot of real estate between now and then and this is a This is a historical week you and I are talking in because the tal the to infinity and beyond buzz light year crowd. We have seen the doll at forty one thousand this week. Yeah, we've also seen the national debt hit thirty five trillion. I hear people talking about the doll which is a couple dozen stocks, blah blah blah. But I don't know at what point you get worried about the debt when you're spending so much on interest that it exceeds what you spend on your national defense. But it just nuts. And of course, of those two records this week, we only seem to be talking about one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I saw a report this morning. I guess one of the auditing offices in the government or whatever was doing analysis of the status of our national defense relative to China, for example, and this whole concept that we may be on a multiple war front and basically said we'd lose, I mean, we could not beat China. And what their suggestion was in this report is brace yourself. The budget for the defense should be between one point three trillion to as high as four point five trillion annually.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See, and if you're worried about it. You're serious. If you're serious, excuse me, Brian, about protecting our way of life and allowing our kids and grandkids to enjoy what we've been blessed with this idea that we can kind of you know, pay for programs at the expense of national defense. I'm sorry, you just can't do it. I wish you didn't have to, but look, this is this is how the world is. It's always been and sadly probably always will be, and you just have to take precautions. And sadly, appeasement and so many other things tend to get in the way of people who want to give everybody the benefit of the doubt. The problem is when you do that and you find out they're not what they're saying, there's something else, it's too late for you to defend yourself, and you know, then you're the point where much of what people have laid their life down on we just let slip through our fingers.
Speaker 1: Yes we do. Anyhow, Moving away from that gloom and doom. Oh look, Delta's out five hundred million dollars because of crowd Strike five. They're gonna sue CrowdStrike, which I understand they probably have to do. Their insurance company would insist on it because something tells me Delta has business interruption insurance, but it probably doesn't kick in until more than ten to twenty million dollars of losses with a large multi billion dollar corporations self insured retention. But this is just the tip of the iceberg for CrowdStrike, because there.
Speaker 3: Was it's unbelievable that so many industries were impacting. Of course, Delta was the airline that was the most and of course you know the CEO for Delta at Bastian who is here with us with calm Arat for a period of time, Who's leading Delta. He was under a lot of pressure because the minute it hit, well, he had a prior engagement to go to the opening Olympics and of the opening ceremony, so he jets off to Paris while the whole airline's just falling apart, and the employees are like, okay, maybe you couldn't do anything, but at least you can be here to be here with us, and instead he zips off. Delta is the airline of the Olympics. I get that, but I think I think a better leader would have said you know what, I'm gonna roll up my sleeves. I'm going to stick with my folks so that and I'll send somebody else to take care of what I need to be doing somewhere else. He didn't, And of course, Delta canceled more flights in a weekend than they canceled normally in an entire year. Yeah, and I mean Delta's gone one hundred days in a row Brian without a single flight cancelation before anywhere in the world, zero flight cancelations, one hundred straight days, and then you've got a period of four to five days where they canceled more than five thousand flights. I mean, it was absolute chaos. And yeah, I mean it's going to be something they're going to be passing on the Department of Transportations also looking into say, hey, why other carriers had twenty two to twenty three hundred cancelations and you guys had two plus times that. You know, why did you drop the ball as bad as you did? And I think that that's a legitimate question that demands answers.
Speaker 1: It is, even though crowdstrikes fault, there is a legitimate question built into that. You just pointed it out. We'll continue with Jay Ratliffe in a moment. Got quite a few topics to go through eight thirty six. Right now, if you have Caricity detoxtation, a strong recommendation and take care of your safety. Right now, it's summertime. You're not using your fireplace at least I imagine not maybe somebody is. But Chimneycare, fireplace and stove. It's the perfect time to get in touch with them, to have them inspect your fireplace, your chimney, the free standing stove, the selfading wood waste pellet stove, inspect it for your safety. I did the same thing when I originally had the builder special insert. I had an inspection and I was told, don't use it. I mean, it's that dangerous. I'm building up too much heat behind it didn't have proper venting. So out with the old in with a new, beautiful fireplace insert and it's got everything I could possibly hope for, plus more, including remote control. Yeah, I got a gas one, but those need to be inspected as well, and they of course inspect gas as well as the pellets and the wood burners. Whether it's a free stand or an insert, you're in great hands with the Chimney Care fireplace and stove experts. They could find water damage on an inspection. It may need to be swept, so take care of that safety right now and have them clean out your dryer event when they're over taking care of your chimney, et cetera. They do it all, including waterproofing, cap and damper replacement, chase top replacement, relining. It's the full line of services, been around since nineteen eighty eight eight plus of the Better Business Bureau. Give me a call five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred, huge selection of inserts and stoves, et cetera. At the showroom located at four thirteen Ward's Corner Road. Located online at Chimneycareco dot com, fifty five car the talk station I'm really excited about Mark carecy talks station. I heart mediaviation expert Jay Ratliffe. Real quick, Jay, I know you sent me a list of topics, and I promise I'm going to get to them after I ask another question unrelated to the topic list.
Speaker 3: Because I know you're fucks please, I expect at least yeah.
Speaker 1: I know we talk about Boeing all the time. We have lots of problems with the Bowing seven thirty seven max, the manufacturing pro and in production problems, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. We got a couple of astronauts that are strand in and outer space.
Speaker 3: What and what's on the side of their space craft a Bowing dicker?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: If that's not tempting fate, brother, I don't know what it is. I would go into space any day of the week. But if there was a Bowie sticker on the side of that, bad boy, I'm sorry. I don't think I could even at the lifelong bucket item list. I couldn't do it. And need poor people, I mean, and they're trying to keep the best face about it, but I mean, are they going to just they ran a series of tests this week on various thrusters, and they've got almost thirty that they were testing to see how things were going and how much they leaked and how much they didn't and everything else. And it's just been nuts. I mean, I was worried about them getting up there. I didn't for the first second worry about him getting back. And I was kidding people saying, you know, Life Alert makes this device that helps if you can't get up. What about if you can't get down? I mean, these poor people have been up there for a long period of time, and is it going to take somebody else to go up and bring him back? I don't know. But if Bowe needed, all they needed was that to go off that hitch and they finally had their single piece of good news for the year. And Brian they couldn't even do that.
Speaker 1: I know it's one of the reasons I bring it out. It's like piling on, but it's all brought about by their own wealth failures. But I mean my understanding is that capsule whatever they're in has a finite life to it, that like maximum ninety days max. And they've already been up there like sixty and to.
Speaker 3: Their credit, they're not wanting to do anything that's going to kind of push that envelope too much. To their credit, they're saying, look, we may be embarrassed out of our minds, but we're going to make sure that it's exactly as it needs to to bring these two people back. And I'm going to celebrate that because those engineers are trying to do everything they can. They only have so many options, and at that point in time, then you're going to have to say, okay, once we pass that shelf life, if you will have this particular vehicle at a single time and space, what's going to happen. I just I don't know, and it's going to be interesting. But I feel for those people, and look, I mean, they may be having the time of their life saying cool. It's like I've been on some of these vintage airplanes that come in, like a B twenty nine to Lamb and somebody's on the runway. They got to fight to go around. It takes twenty more minutes to come back and land. I'm loving it because it's more time in the aircraft. Maybe they're enjoying that extra time in space. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, they would have had to pack in a heap load of value for me to get on that thing to start with, and I would need massive quantities on a daily basis because I'd be freaking out.
Speaker 3: You know, you're a bunch of professionals, and look for a lot of them, this has been a lifelong dream and it's you're getting it, and then you're getting extra time it's you know, if you're wired that way, this is something that you're up there contributing, having a good old time. And I mean the book you can write when you get back I survive Boeing. I think it would be a best seller, fair enough.
Speaker 1: Not me. I'm not signing up for that job. Okay, call me yellow, call me a whim. That's okay. I can live with that. And let's see here, airlines can chalk up a win right.
Speaker 3: Now, temporary when I guess we could call it that. Back in April, the Department of Transportation, after like three years, finally decided that they were going to require airlines to issue all the upfront disclosure fees airline fees back then, everything right up front, so that long before we got to the checkout. Now, wow, where did all this come from? Consumers could make a better decision, which I thought was great. And again I've told you I don't like to Biden administration at all, but I love how the Department of Transportation has gone after airlines trying to make them do a better job in treating us better. Well, the problem is now that we have a US Appeals Court that's blocked that dot new rule on upfront disclosures. They're saying, pending a full review of the regulation. In other words, there's a ton of airline pushback. And initially when this came out, the airline's initial response and this is so laughable, but it's predictable. They said, well, we don't want to do this because we don't want to overwhelm the consumer with too much information. It's like, come on, what make a light? I mean that just I thought, great, yeah, that's about my blood pressure.
Speaker 1: That's the best legal could come up with.
Speaker 3: I guess what are you paying these people for? But they're also saying, look, if we do this, it's going to take millions of dollars in upgrades to our website so that we can provide the information that's needed. Well, I'm sorry. If that's what's required, so be it. So we're going to see where it goes. Brian, I hope that this uh continues because I like the idea that the consumer is armed with more information. And it bothers me big time that the airlines are pushing back successfully and they've got this temporary and that's what it's been called back called right now just kind of a temporary block as everything's kind of reviewed, and you know they're gonna have oral arguments and all the stuff you understand that I get lost in. So we'll see where it goes. But you've got American, Delta, United, Jet Blue, and Alaska Airlines were among the airlines that were joined by a trade group, Airlines for America, which is their lobbying group big Time to try to They started this process legally in May to block these upcoming rules, and now we'll see where it goes.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it bothers me because they have the information in their possession, and how difficult can it possibly be to break down the net figure into a line items which show exactly how they arrived at that figure. It seems like it's an obligation in the consumer.
Speaker 3: It would be, but we're also you and I talked previously about airline computers melting down under stress, so it's not like we're dealing with the latest and greatest in technology here, my friend. I mean these And the funniest part was that one the one airline not impacted was Southwest because their computers were nineteen ninety six. They didn't need that date. And they're jumping around like, hey, not a single one of our flights was impacted walking around like George Jefferson. Yeah, that's because you know you got these super old computers. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We joked about that last time with the five of it five and a quarter. It's flopp drives over at south left. Oh my, well, I hate to part company with you, Jay Ratliffe, but I suppose it is that time out of topics on the list, and I know that we always I.
Speaker 3: Mean, you can, you can you can talk about the Boeing CEO real quick? Oh go ahead? Yeah? Yeah. Kelly Ordberg is the guy's name. He's landing the job as the next CEO of Boeing. I don't know if he's been cursed or blessed, but I've been asked a lot about what I think about this guy in Brenton. I want to like him. I really like what I'm seeing here. He's he's got a degree of mechanical engineering, something that the CEOs in the past have not. They've had accountants before. This is a guy that climbed the ranks over at Rockwell Columns. He's an aviation expert. The industry really respects this guy. His past roles. He's had such a great relationship with unions. He walks the floor, talks with employees, rolls up his sleeves. He's in the mix, trying to find out what can happen. And when I heard about the attorneys for the families of the Boeing seven thirty seven Max families, the attorneys like this guy oh on the opposition, and I'm thinking it's great. And the best line I heard was that this guy has the opportunity to, in essence what they're saying, the turnaround of the century. But if he fails, he's going to be rich. If he succeeds, he's going to be a legend. And Brian, I'm sorry, I'm it's I'm fighting it, but I am cautiously optimistic. Wow that this guy could do something. But like every politician that goes to d C with this idea that they're going to change things when you get there, sometimes things change and we'll see if he's stronger than Boeing or not. But when he worked at I think it was rockwell. He butted heads with Boeing. I just I like so much of this because this might be the temperament that you need. I'm just hoping he changes them instead of them changing him.
Speaker 1: No doubt about well, I won't suggest it's a by opportunity now at one hundred and ninety dollars a share, But if he turns it around, I know what it was trading at a long time ago, and it was a lot better than it is now. Jay Ratliffe Hub delays what's where a good day to travel?
Speaker 3: Chicago Minneapolis? It could be the two hubs that could see some impact on and off the whether it's the lays of an hour or so. Rest of the country though, and in good shape, and yeah, it's gonna be a busy day to travel. So if you picked the day other than those hubs, you pick a good one to fly, show up early, big time, big time always, Jay, rylife until next Thursday. Man.
Speaker 1: That's the health to you and your better half, and have a wonderful weekend while you're at it too.
Speaker 3: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 1: My pleasure eight fifty to fifty five KRCD talk station. It was not my pleasure to get a cancer diagnosi. As a matter of fact, one of the worst days of my life. You know, you got cancer, and you're like, oh my god, what does this mean? Your family's going to feel terribly about it too, So what does it mean? What does it mean? What you need are great cancer doctors. And thank you as always to my friend Joni for saying, Brian, just get in touch with OHC, which exactly what I did. I didn't even hesitate, got in touch with OHC and they did surround me like they will you with the region's top cancer doctors. They will surround you with clinical trials where the leading cutting edge treatments. You will find they're engaged in bringing these innovative treatment options to their payment patient because well they got a simple approach. Surround you with everything you need to focus on beating cancer. So if you get the bad news, I know it's going to be a bad day. If you've got the bad news, there's an opportunity for a second opinion, So either reach out to them at the outset or get a second opinion by calling eight eight eight six four ninety eight hundred eighty eight six four ninety eight hundred. Online you'll find them at OHKRE dot com fifty five KARC dot com.
Speaker 3: Your summer of saving