Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis, and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Pretty obviously, the American way is at stake here, right The good news is Trump is president. Better news the American people are behind Donald Trump on this. And we're in one of those watershed moments right now where things are going to break America's way and against the left and against this craziness and against this insurrection, against all the insurrectionists. And I'm not talking about legally prosecutable though that's an interesting question. But obviously Mike Johnston has been talking all this crazy insurrection talk here in Denver. It's what the left is doing across the country. Double middle finger to the federal government. If we don't like a federal law, we're not going to enforce it, particularly immigration. So now in Colorado, Colorado elections across the country, the choice between a Democrat and publican is the choice between insurrection or obeying the law, a choice between enforcing immigration law or not enforcing immigration law. It's that's simple. Three all three se one three A two five five the number if you want to savor this, which is aged pretty badly for the mayor.
Speaker 2: Denver Mayor Mike Johnson is walking back his comments suggesting Denver police would somehow try to stop a mass deportation.
Speaker 1: By federal forces.
Speaker 2: Yet the mayor says he expects the people of Denver would resist, and he says he would too, even if it means going to jail.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See that that is what they truly believe. That's what they intend, and that's what they've been doing. You look at all the different ways that they have been taking the power the people give them in order to block federal enforcement of immigration law. And America has flipped on that. America has changed dramatically, and the Dems they got a big problem. Jay and Parker, you're on the Dan Kapla show. Welcome you, Dan.
Speaker 3: I donated one thousand dollars to the Trump campaign and now I really regret it. All this stuff should be handled at the border. You were going as you're going to see the price of labor in this country go through the roof, which is going to lead to inflation, higher interest rates, and a major recession. They should all be handled at the border. We don't need police squads going around taking people from washing dishes at Applebee's or somewhere and kicking them out of the country. We have given these people EI in numbers, employment identification numbers. We've given them driver's licenses. These people have set up businesses, have families. We gave them the facto permission to be in this country.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, yeah, I just love listening to you talk. But where's the axcent.
Speaker 4: From the accents from Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: I've been out here no long time.
Speaker 1: Don't love it, love it. But in in terms of handling it at the border, well, Trump's doing that right, and nobody's ever done a better job than he's done central election day. So we agree on that. And so you're you're talking about all the people already here, because you're right, both both parties, to various extents, Democrats far worse than Republicans, have facilitated people coming into this country and getting set up and working, you know, illegally, You're right about all that. Now, it seems your major concern is whether the Trump administration is going to go in and now seek out and deport the kind of folks you described who have set up here, they're working here, they're otherwise law abiding. That seems to be your main concern, right, and yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the disruption to the labor supply, Yeah, and relatively cheap labor.
Speaker 1: Now, now let me ask you on that point, Jay, are you referring to taking folks who've been here, working and otherwise baying the law? Is that the disruption of the labor supply or are you also lumping in with that closing the border down, which Trump has done very successfully? Do you think he should leave it over the book?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not. The border should be impenetrable, including the overseas embassy's consults where forty percent of illegals come from through the airports. Yeah, on corrupt visa programs. But anyway, and that guy in the Egyptian guy from the Springs who want us to bould of knowing, asked how he got that tormas lee right, what kind of documents were presented?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: I know this corruption, that's the Cairo embassy.
Speaker 1: And what did Colorado do when he tried to get that weapon? But Jay, okay, so it seems like your big concern that including the labor pool. Is is if President Trump now extends the deportations to folks otherwise living here in a law abiding way, just trying to work, right, that's your big concern.
Speaker 3: And Reagan gave them amnesty. That's what President Reagan, right, So there's some reason Megan never built the walls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there couldn't be any There couldn't be any action against those folks. First of all, Jay, we'll watch it unfold together. I don't think President Trump intends at all to extend deportation to folks who've been here a long time, not committing any other crimes working. I think he'll set up some kind of framework. It won't be easy where they can get some kind of legal status. I think it'll be short of citizenship, but some kind of legal status. So we'll watch it together. But the other thing, my friend, is you need to have your own radio show. You would listen to that show, wouldn't you? Ryan the Jay Show? What would your name? Jay's show? Hey, I think people would listen to it just for the accent.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: But he also talks well yeah, I mean I listen.
Speaker 5: I get his point.
Speaker 6: But we can't just give de facto anaesty the way that Jay's talking, which Ronald Reagan that was probably the biggest mistake of his presidency.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, and that's not going to happen under a Trump or Vance or Rubio or whomever, Scott Jennings presidency. That's not going to happen. I think what we are going to see. What we are going to see is we're going to see a lot of great things happen. We're going to see Trump standing up for federal immigration law and the supremacy of that and enforcing it in LA and across the country. And in some cases it'll be very visible like that. In other cases like Colorado, it'll be through the courts, it'll be through funding, etc. We're going to see that. And then I think we're going to see this sustained effort to identify and root out and deport people who have come here illegally and then committed other crimes. And that needs to never end. That needs to be a sustained twenty four to seven effort for the rest of America's existence. This nation cannot morally justify one human being harmed by one person here illegally who we know has already committed other crimes. So you're going to see that. You're going to see a lot of other things. I do not think we're going to see President Trump or Vance or or anybody else extended to the point where they're now deporting folks who've been here a while illegally, have not been violating any other loss. I think they're going to set up a legal process that does not allow them to become citizens, but allows them to stay as long as they're good citizens. Well I shouldn't say citizen, it won't be a citizenship, but as long as they don't violate other laws, et cetera. So love your reaction to that. I'm not expecting many folks to like that. I just think that's that last part is the reality of where it's headed. But in the meantime, you know these things Trump is doing now to show strength, and we're going to enforce federal law. I think America is cheering. We're going back to Dean and Arvada. Thank you, Dean, floor remains yours. Oh okay, Dan, I thought I was like, well, I guess I got caught up. No, no, no, I'm sorry, I just forgot that got caught up in.
Speaker 4: The moment, Oh you're good, Yeah, no, no worries.
Speaker 1: I was like, why are they a Los Angeles police not allowed to defend themselves against.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah yeahs like you've got your hands, fight behind your back.
Speaker 1: And what it does is it encourages more riot.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna do.
Speaker 1: Any more cars. Yes, Dean, you're one hundred percent correct. I mean, in fact, the break we were in after you started your call, I was watching video in LA of people dropping these bricks on top of police cars, jumping up on police cars and smashing them. And I was thinking, in Chicago, in Chicago where I grew up, anybody tried anything like that. And I'm not suggesting any kind of excessive force. I'm talking about appropriate force. In fact, let me play this hit from Trump when when they when they spit, we hit, says the president.
Speaker 5: Er protests run.
Speaker 4: Into other cities of Chicago, New York for example.
Speaker 2: You be watching the Enjoyed lastly the when they spit that people, you know they spit.
Speaker 5: That's a new thing, that that work. You know what they throw at them?
Speaker 1: Right, and when that happens, I have already taked.
Speaker 7: They say they.
Speaker 1: We hit. Yeah, see that that now it's not quite Dick Daily back in Chicago when he said they were going to shoot to kill looters, but but they spit, we hit. Our police officers should not have to be subjected to people spitting on them, for example. And Dean, you had mentioned my dad Chicago police thirty years great man, great cop, but he was positioned outside the Comera at Hilton during the sixty eight riots Democratic Convention riots. He was in a dangerous spot following the riots, after the murder of doctor King, and the stuff they're subjected to out there. They just shouldn't have to be no excessive force, but but they should not have to sit there and take physical abuse.
Speaker 4: I agree. Thanks for the calling.
Speaker 1: Hey, Dean, man appreciate that. Three or three someone three eight two five five Text d A N five seven seven three nine. Hey let me come back. Some people are talking about something that supposed to happen in Denver tomorrow. Have you heard anything about.
Speaker 5: That, Ryan, Yeah, there's some rumblings, rumblings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see if it does this text or Dan, do you think our governor will hide during tomorrow's la to Denver ice out protest at the state Capitol. Did you notice the protests weren't start until five thirty pm. Can't have a protest it starts and ends in the daytime, though, doesn't it stay light now till about nine eight thirty nine. We're getting to the summer solstice, so maybe they miscalculated there down at Anarchy headquarters. But this we know, and it's fascinating to those new to the area. We have a governor who actually ran and hid like four days when the mob took over downtown Denver following the death of George Floyd. So I don't know, maybe he will again. You're on the Dan Campla Show.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Taplass Show podcast.
Speaker 7: Well, television news is where anything can happen. We know that, but this American newsreader and her reporter have taken the job to new hearts. I must warn you the scenes and this report are emotional.
Speaker 5: Really sure that I've been blessed.
Speaker 1: I mean, I have the greatest parents in the world, have a fun job, more stuff than I have. But I have to take a year ago that was really kind of a crater. I was like, as again, where did you find last year has been the best year of my life, and I I just want to propose to you something list token of that? Wow, where did you mind? I've never done this before, but I'd like to ask you if you'd marry me. I would love to marry you.
Speaker 4: I'm lucky.
Speaker 7: This is true, this is absolutely wonderful.
Speaker 1: Thank you. So I have television US waders proposed. We've been working together a listing. Yeah, let's tell my witnesses. But at eleven o'clock to n Pullwood, we'll be back.
Speaker 2: With n X mind well, it can followed by sports tonight tonight with.
Speaker 6: I had to find that on Australian television Dan, which they Wow. They highlighted your marriage proposal, which is the gutsiest move ever done on live television.
Speaker 1: It worked, it did bottom line business.
Speaker 6: My friend stuck the landing, but it made it halfway across the world.
Speaker 5: Wow, onto Australian news boy.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you it. If if we had a thirty five dollars webcam, you could see the hair in my arm standing up. I have not heard that since I proposed, really never watched it. It was just too powerful.
Speaker 8: It was too too powerful back here literally dying Wow.
Speaker 1: We wanted to play that. Wow, you know, but I was serious when I said, I want to take my headphones off because it's it was just it was such a powerful deal. Never watched it, never heard it, and uh yeah, wow, well thanks sir. Right, that's wild.
Speaker 6: I was just impressed going back and listening to it. Now this is nineteen ninety three, thirty two years ago. That man, there's two things. You kept your composure. You didn't stumble over your words.
Speaker 1: And she said yes, but I have to imagine.
Speaker 5: She did, and she called it bizarre.
Speaker 1: I was understatement.
Speaker 6: But I mean, I've heard you recount the story so many times. But what I'm I'm trying to put myself in your shoes at that moment, the pressure that you had to be in a fog, Right, it was like a blur to you in that moment.
Speaker 5: Or was there like a moment of clarity?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the opposite. Well, it was just one of those moments of like total clarity because as I'd been coming in this station, there were only was there one person who knew it was going to happen or two. I'd asked Roger Ogden, who was the president of the station group, really big time guy, big time with NBC. I asked him for permission to do it, and he had agreed, and then I think I had asked Bill Stewart because it was his you know, he and Amy co anchored that show. But anyway, as I'm walking into the studio Channel four, Roger comes running down the hallway saying, no, don't do it. I've changed my mind. I mean literally as I'm opening the door to the studio, and I just turned and looked at him and said, too late, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Too late. You were already pot committed to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, totally committed. And thank god she said yes, because I'm telling you, man, there would have been nowhere to hide had she said no, nowhere to hide, because it was it was truly worldwide. It was worldwide, and the stuff people sent us from every corner of the globe because back then, you know, I don't know if there was even internet that not really Yeah, so no, back then, it yeah, it really stood out. So it was so cool all the stuff, and Amy saved a bunch of it that we got from all over the world. But if she had said no, I mean, what like plastic surgery, name change, I don't know. I don't think there's anywhere I could have gone.
Speaker 6: No, no oj no. L Cowling's Ford Brown for you, my friend.
Speaker 1: Everywhere you would have gone anywhere in the world, it would have been point laugh.
Speaker 6: I'm wondering how many in our audience, there are a lot of loyal, longtime listeners of yours just happened to be watching that night because there would have been no warning.
Speaker 1: It's not promoted, I said, Matt spot God rest his soul.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm going to watch the news, and that happened. People saw it. Iber how many people remember that.
Speaker 1: It's it used to be at least every week somebody would say it. Now somebody said it last week, like, hey man, I was watching when that happened. You know, somebody said it over the weekend. Because I think it stood out not typical, not expected. I mean, like I told you, I think we had never talked about marriage. The word had never been spoken, never, and so yeah, I just truly think God, she said yeah, but for a lot of reasons, thirty one years worth of reasons as yep, yeah, before Local. Well, I'm trying to remember if we were NBC then, I'm trying to remember. It's hard to keep those years straight. We might have been NBC at that time. But but yeah, no, And I remember she gave me this look. It didn't show up on camera, but right in the middle of it, she gave me this look like have you lost your mind? But she because again we had not talked marriage, not talk marriage.
Speaker 6: But I would have assumed it would at least come up a little like, Hey, could you imagine us, you know, doing that?
Speaker 1: No, I mean the way I can tell you the word had never been spoken.
Speaker 4: You know that.
Speaker 1: The only thing that would have been close to that was one conversation because I lived in Boulder at the time and just loved it, and one conversation once about could you ever see yourself living in bald.
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: But U But no, we had never talked marriage, so it was meant to be right if she could handle that moment so well, because she did. I mean, think about processing that. Zero reason to think there's a marriage proposal coming at all, let alone during the five o'clock news, And she was so calm, she processed it all. She handled it great way.
Speaker 5: You just said that.
Speaker 6: I'm so glad you didn't handle that like ron Berg and go Amy. I have some breaking news that I'd like to share with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, uh, maybe when we knew our vows, maybe we'll have to maybe we'll have to go back on Channel four. Were yeah, but thank you. I can't believe you found that. I've never heard it, never heard it. That is good work. Wow. Wow, hard to believe because that proposal was about a year before we got married, coming up on thirty one years. And truly, I know it's a cliche, but the time has literally flown. I just can't believe it's been so long. But I'll tell you this right now, bring in the polygraph, the stack of bibles. We tend to do those two together. She's even more beautiful now, even sexier. And I probably should have said that. You're on the Dan Caplish.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Dan Kaplish Show podcast.
Speaker 1: My brain still scrambled after Ryan found that video my proposal to my wife. Have never heard it. I have never seen it since the day I've proposed, and thirty two years ago. Well texters rolling in on that. Thank you, Dan. Correction on my previous text, Amy Ai m ee, that's right, that's your spelling. My apologies. By the way, where is Bill Stewart? Now? That from Andy? If you're new to the area. Bill Stuart, tremendous news anchor, great human now down I'm not sure he'd want me to give his actual location, but he's living the life down south and living a great life. He was always he and Larry big fisherman, and Bill is catching a lot of fish. Dan, I remember it, well, your new identity would have been stan Hapless that from Alexa. She says it was still NBC in nineteen ninety three, changed to CBS in ninety five. Thank you for that, Alexa, you recall that correctly. Yeah, that's wild. Yeah, And I don't think my new identity would have been that kind to me. I think my new identity would have been total banishment from any civilized society. Twenty four to seven, ridicule, Dan, I still recall it wonderful, many exclamation points that from Donna. Thank you, Donna, And it was it was wonderful and it was positive and it was it was just something completely positive. And thank you for that. And probably helps that we've stayed together thirty thirty one years. Right. Yeah, Well, that's the other thing. I don't want to be that guy who proposes on air and then you know, six months later there's something in the gospel saying.
Speaker 6: Like one, yeah, she had to say yes, obviously given but the fact that all these years later it has sustained that spiking Oh yeah, right there, bro, Bro, she.
Speaker 1: Did not have to say yes. It's kind of you to say that, but but I mean, for your sake, for my sake. But listen, I truly believe I'll ask her when I get home. But I truly believe that, even though she's such a good hearted person, it was not an act of mercy. This wasn't kind of a mercy. Yes, I really believe, having been there, that she did want to get married. We had just never discussed marriage.
Speaker 6: Was there a way I'm just kind of thinking out loud here, for she wasn't ready in that moment, but she.
Speaker 5: Didn't want to say no, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: That she could have punted and said we'll talk about this later.
Speaker 1: There had been one second's hesitation, like a pause for dramatic effect. I'm done, I'm toast. First of all, I probably would have just my heart would have stopped beating, right, I just would have been a carcass on the set. But no, there was no hesitation right into it, and anything less than that and I'm destroyed.
Speaker 4: But no, I.
Speaker 1: Really do think she meant it when she said yes. And thank god, it's been a great thirty one years. Let's see, Dan always loved your marriage proposal. It is out on the internet. Alexa. Thank you for that, Alexa. Yeah, no, it was all positive. It worked, It launched a great thirty one years. Hopefully it'll be sixty one years before we're done. Let's go to Becky in Evans, and it spawned a lot of copycats. There were then a bunch of on air proposals. Becky, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hi. I have to say I met your wife once before it when I was a toll booth attendance on E four seventy. Yeah, and you are absolutely right. She has a heart of gold.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you for she really does.
Speaker 4: She was just even as a person who just sat there taking money, she was so kind and giving and just yeah, I'll pay so long dur night.
Speaker 1: But that is who she is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is. And now I was really calling about I just wanted to remark about mister Brooklyn. I couldn't remember his first time. I really seemed really yeah, he seemed to think that getting rid of illegal criminals is going to cause our workforce problems. And I just have to say, I'm a colorad a native. I've grown up and lived here my whole life. But when my daughter went to college in Washington, I moved there with her to support and so I was blessed enough to meet someone who took me around in Washington where the migrants actually do work in the field, and they take care of their migrants. They have clinics. They you know, they're not like an illegal who came here unlawfully. You know, they get work contracts to work, and the farmers treat them very well out there. But my thing is, I've seen what illegal aliens in our country can do to a workforce that doesn't need them in it. And I don't know if anybody's commented about this before, but I'm going to My son was a welder in the oil fields Natural Gap and he was making one hundred and fifty an hour as a subcontractor that he lost that job to illegals. And I don't know if anybody's researched these explosions that continue to occur, but I don't believe that we should be able allowing welders working for weld companies in our state if the people that they hire are not certified.
Speaker 1: Well, Becky, let's take it back a step further, and you raise an important safety issue. Very legit, and I'm sorry about what happened to your son, but taking a step back further, no American citizen should lose a job to somebody who's here I legally, And that's kind of the starting point. And that's why as this all gets worked out in terms of the massy legal immigration that there's been, I think that the obvious starting point, right, and Trump's doing it and it should never end under any president. It is twenty four to seven, rounding up the people who committed other crimes and get them out of here. Then I think that the big question you're commenting about with Jay, and I've got a lot of text on it, is Okay, what do you do with the other folks who came here illegally and are not committing other crimes? So well, this comes back to your point, Becky, No Americans should lose a job to some somebody who's here illegally. So then the question becomes, Okay, at what point can you have a system where people who've come here illegally but have not committed any other crimes, are allowed some kind of legal status, because I do think that's where we're probably eventually headed. Whether we like it or not, or should or not or whatever. I think that's or we're probably eventually headed. But all I'm saying, Becky, is part of that balance has to be what you're talking about, and it has to be a case where there's a determination that allowing somebody here illegally to stay and obtain legal status has to be in the best interest of the nation, and that includes the labor force, and that isn't any disrespect to the inherent human dignity of that individual that came here I legally, the entire process has to be approached with respect for the inherent human dignity. But in the end, the nation has to do what allows for you know, that the nation to be stable financially to move forward in a sensible type way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because on the flip point of this, that same son is married to a wonderful woman and he has two children with her, and they're non law am illegally, and but he is married to an American. Yeah, she works in a field that I agree Americans don't want to work in like a CNA.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, And.
Speaker 4: She isn't a criminal, and if something happened to her, it would devastate our entire family. Like my son would give up one hundred and fifty dollars an hour job to save non law.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: So we've experienced both sides of this coin. And I don't want people that are good for our country to be ripped from here, but I do want the criminals gone. And I don't know how you balance that unless maybe somebody like this must but get nice with Trump and create a system for those that are here that aren't here legally fully but aren't criminals don't have things like that where they can register.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's what.
Speaker 4: There's this fear. So I don't know what you do, Becky.
Speaker 1: I got to tell you, this is one of the most compelling calls on this I've ever heard, because your family has experienced the full cycle of this, right, oh, we have, and then it comes back. It comes back to a place of love and humanity, but also recognizing kind of the practical considerations for the nation. Tremendous call, Becky, really appreciate it. Thank you. You take care Wow. Oh cool? Three or three?
Speaker 5: Someone?
Speaker 1: Three? Eight, two, five, five the number? What's your solution to this? You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 8: Podcast could turn very volatile if you move law enforcement in there and the wrong way and turn what is just a bunch of people having fun watching cars burn into a massive confrontation and.
Speaker 1: Altercation between officers. And I guess with legalized marijuana, right, and I guessing Dan's Mark Brown ABC seven.
Speaker 5: Joe was a wee little lad.
Speaker 6: Don't you remember taking him to go watch the neighborhood car fires and having fun?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: We would start him. Yeah, absolutely absolutely. I mean, man, I grew up in Chicago. There was some tough, tough stuff in Chicago, but we didn't go burn cars for fun. Wow wow. And Newsom here and again this is why they're so freaked back there. Listen to Newsome, where's your decency, mister president? Stop for sen disorders illegal and unconstitutional? And I said it. They're freaking because this is an existential threat to Democrats because they have been whether it's Mike Johnston in Denver, you know, calling for police to resist the federal government enforcement of immigration law, people to flood the streets tens of thousands to stop the Feds. You have had this kind of open insurrection. I'm not saying criminally prosecutable, but this open insurrection from the left across the country saying we're not following federal law. We're not following any federal law we don't like, including immigration, and we're going to prevent you from enforcing it. That's insurrection, at least in spirit. And so now what do you have. You have Donald Trump standing up and say no, we are enforcing federal law. And guess who's going to win? And they know it. Trump's going to win. Trump's going to win in California, and this is going to be the model for his presidency across the country, and it's going to help the next Republican win the White House and the Republican after that. Because America has reached a tipping point on illegal immigration. The polls show it. And if an election comes down to a choice between an insurrectionist versus someone who will infor worst federal immigration law, an awful lot of Americans, especially for the White House, but other places are going to elect the person who's not the insurrectionist, the person who will enforce immigration law. So this is an existential threat to the Democrats politically and personally because right now this is like a slow motion public pantsing of Gavin Newsom that's going to go on for days and for all of these Democrats. By the way, Ryan, have we heard a peep from Polis or Bennett or hicken Looper on Trump deploying now troops and listen, the troops aren't going to interact with protesters. They're going to protect buildings. If any of these protesters are psycho ingough to attack a federal building, they will interact with marines. But then you're talking about National Guard troops. They will interact with protesters who violate the law. But have you heard a comment from Bennett or Hickenlooper or Polis they're probably terrified to this.
Speaker 6: Well, you're right, and the reason is because we've gotten this kind of rumblings like I said earlier about there could be similar protests erupting in Aurora, Denver, and Colorado Springs. And if they do, yeah, the same thing's going to happen here and they're going to have to prepare themselves for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So It'll be very interesting to see how they conduct themselves because they know even in deep blue Colorado, they're vulnerable right now. If this election cycle in twenty six comes down to a voter choosing do I want somebody who's going to enforce federal immigration law or protect criminal illegals, Democrats could lose in Colorado. Texter, says Dan, houses and benefits for illegal aliens, furloughs equals furloughs and layoff for Denver employees, and cuts in programs for the citizens of Denver. You're one hundred percent right about that, and people are starting to see it. We're going to deep dive that tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Dan.
Speaker 1: Letting these riders use deadly force against law enforcement only encourages more riots. Why can't law enforcement use deadly force to defend themselves, Well, they can if they're faced with deadly force. But put yourself in the position of a law enforcement officer. Now in Los Angeles, deep blue Democrat, far left controlled Los Angeles, if that's my dad out on the street, which he did for thirty years in Chicago, I'd be scared to death for him, because they will make you. The left will make you, and leftist prosecutors will make you a human sacrifice in a heartbeat if it advances their cause politically. So if you're an officer now in Los Angeles and you use any kind of force at all, you know you think that that government's going to have your back, You think the prosecutor's going to have your back. They'd burn you at the stake in a second if they thought it would get them another vote. So law enforcement out there in a very very tough spot. But as everybody knows its the law, you can only use deadly force against deadly force. But that doesn't mean, and this is where I like Trump's approach, none of our law enforcement anywhere in America should have to take any kind of physical abuse, and you can only respond with the legally permissible amount of force. But this idea that our officers have to sit there and be spit on, or is it spat one way or the other, it's obscene, be spit upon, spat upon in any other way physically abused, Have bricks dropped on their police cars from bridge overpasses. No, none of that, None of that should be tolerated. Dan, did you change your mind about the cyber truck purchase? It is on hold, it is not old.
Speaker 5: That's a great callback. Nicely done, Dan.
Speaker 1: What evidence have you seen to let any illegals stay here? That's nuts where a country of laws listen. My point isn't an argument that everybody here illegally who is not committed a crime should be allowed to stay. I'm not making that argument. I'm talking about, Okay, what is actually going to happen in America. Let's say that Donald Trump was president for life, and I love what he's doing right now in LA. I love what he's doing to deport all the criminal illegals. This is great for this country. And whether it's Jade Vance next or Marco or somebody else, what realistically is going to happen? Do you really think we're gonna get to a point where everybody here illegally is going to be deported as a practical matter, I don't think we're ever going to see that. So then what then should be our realistical Well, it obviously starts with twenty four to seven never ending in America. Everybody here illegally who's committed another serious crime has to go, right, we start with that, and then we'll put some more meat on the bones tomorrow, Bryan, tremendous job is always thank you for finding that sound. My brain is still scrambled. Kelly, you're the best. Please join us tomorrow on The Dan Kapla Show