Speaker 1: Hey, you there, thanks for tuning in. You're ready for another episode of my big Foot sighting. All right, then let's do this.
Speaker 2: Seen a bunch of rundown no horse towns where the church at the backbone, laws and the bow and the fasting melodies coove in with the bomb man rose with the roofs, run deep beyond the nose of the busy streets with the songs of the South of su Then.
Speaker 3: When I hear the promp porch picking down home rhythm bringing out I Don't Run from Banjung music.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you've had a Bigfoot sighting, I would like to be a guest. Please go to my Bigfoot Sighting dot com and let me know.
Speaker 1: Big Foot sightings over the years have caused me to create the Main Bigfoot Foundation as a co founder. And Main Bigfoot Foundation is a nonprofit here in the state of Maine. We actually do outings. Our goal when we started our foundation.
Speaker 5: Was to.
Speaker 1: Get folks back out into the wilderness to learn about nature, to learn about Bigfoot, and you know, get a camaraderie going with all the people around. Our biggest thing was that we myself and the other co founder, her name is Janelle Graff. We had some encounters over the years, and hers was at you know, like ten years old. She had a encounter that her father had had had things thrown at He was a logger and had some rocks and logs thrown at his skitterer by a one and the dad told the kids to stay out of the woods, and they didn't, and next thing, you know, she's out there with her her cousins and she was ten years old and she they went and they found a structure in the woods and it smelt bad, and they decided that it was probably good to run back to the house. And they turned to run back to the house and Janelle dropped something on the ground. She turned around to pick it up, said I'll catch up. As she picked it up, turned around, there's this creature in front of her, you know, eight nine feet tall, and it's looking down at her and it's just massive. Scared of living with Jesus out of her, she ran you know, past it, going to the house. It ran in the other direction, and you know, she had that experience. She tried to share that experience with other investigation you know investigators, and she didn't get no real good vibes. Out of the folks that you know, she was talking with, you know, some listened, some didn't listen. So I had the same kind of experience when I got chased out of the woods in twenty ten, I had an encounter with these creatures over about a month and a half. I had always believed in the bigfoot and sasquatch, say whatever you want to name it. I had been out hunting in an expanded autry zone here in Maine, and you know, my interest had always been there, but I never really dove into it. But I did have an uncle who had been into it. Married my aunt. It was her second marriage, and I met him and he tried to get me into helping him investigate bigfoots because he had done it over the years. And you know, at that time he was probably thirty thirty two years into it or thirty four years into it, and that was in the early nineties when they got married, and you know, when he hit forty five years doing it and his age was getting up there. He kept trying to get me to go, and I ended up hunting in that expanded archery zone and I had a day that I climbed into my tree stand and I heard noise to my left and I looked and saw this creature in the tree or this person. I thought it was a person at the time. It was up in the you know, the y of the tree, about twenty feet up, and I was thinking, why would somebody put their tree stand there? And you know, I kind of wrote it off because the deer trails ran behind this person and I just I sat there and I was getting dark, and you know, every now and then this person would move and you know, it'd make like a scraping noise in a tree. And yeah, I was like, okay, you know, i'll talk to them after we go out of the woods, because you know, I was here obviously for us and it's land with permission only, so I'll just talk with them and you know, see if they can move. And just it was getting dark, I heard noises off to the right and went to look for it and nothing. I wasn't seeing it yet. It was coming. It was coming down the trail and all of a sudden, I hear a thud to the left and I look and this person's walking off, and you know, I was like, holy, that's a top tall person, man, you know, But it didn't have The person didn't have a bow and arrow. They didn't have any kind of hunting gear on. You know, it looked like a gilly type suit that you would you would see on the market, or a soldier ware, long, strangly, scraggly type, you know, vegetation. It looked like hanging off it or hair and I wasn't quite sure what it was. And I watched this person walk away from me and into a thicket, and I decided to try to catch up to him. And I took the shortest route out to the vehicles where the vehicles would be packed if you or hunting that area. And nothing. So I drove up and down the road, didn't really notice anything, couldn't find this person. So I went back the next day. I said, I'll look at the tag that's on his tree stand, so I know who he is, so I can report it to the owner and the owner can contact him. And I went back the next day. There was no tree stand. There was no marks from any tree stands or anything else. So, you know, I just at that time my curiosity peeked a little bit. I was set to hunt, and you know I had you know, I'd done some bigfoot research before, so yeah, I kind of knew different things at that point, and you know, my uncle had taught me a few things, but I was just really you know, into the hunt. It was into the hunt. And I climbed back up that next day into the tree stand. You know, when I noticed they were gone, they moved, so I'm good. And I was sitting in a tree and I'd been there probably about two hours, and all of a sudden, I heard a branch snapped behind me, and it was a heavy branch, and I could I could hear it. This is a branch that ended up. I heard it flying through the air all of a sudden. It kind of made me go into a little bit of a shock, like what the heck is going on? And I turned just as I know, because I heard the branch getting closer and I felt it hit the base of my tree and I looked down the hiss. This branch is probably four inches in diameter, and yeah, it's close to ten to fifteen feet long, and it, you know, it had flown through the woods. So I'm looking around to see where it is, you know, where that could have came from. You know, figure maybe it broke off up high or whatnot. And as I turned and I'm looking and scanning the whole area, I noticed a creature about fifty yards behind me. The first day it was only twenty yards from me. But the second day, this creature was big. This thing was had to be, you know, at least eight and a half feet tall, if not taller. I mean, but I'm up in the tree stands. I couldn't tell. And I got at that point it was what in the heck is that? And I watched this creature move. It would take a step, turn its body and look in one direction, scan around, moving its body at the waist until it was looking you know, down the direction of my tree standing. Then it would look up and it was it was. It was shocking to me at that time, you know, because I wasn't really into the whole deep dive down the rabbit hole bigfoot thing. You know. I I'd go out and look, you know, hey, maybe I'll find a footprint. But more it was more when I was out there before, it was like, I'm walking in the woods. I mean, it's it's peaceful time, you know, I'm out there in the woods. If I find a footprint, great, hey, yeah, did I know about structures at the time. I'd heard things, but it's about it and you know, smells. I'd heard things, and I'd experienced things that you know, kind of related me to that smell. And I really wasn't real deep into it. So when I saw this thing walk, I you know, I was five to ten minutes, and I mean it would take that one step, and then it would turn and look uphill and turn it the ways in front of it, and then turn it a ways to look down towards me and then put its head back with tilt its head backwards like it was looking up at me. Once they got out of you, I decided that day that I was out of there. I climbed right down and I grabbed my tree stand, packed it all up, ran like the dickens, get out of there, and I called. Of course, I called my uncle because we weren't it wasn't even near Doc yet, so I called him, explained to him what was going on. He, you know, he kind of calmly said, you know, it does not want you there for some reason. And of course I had talked to many people about my experience there already, and you know, experiences as far as smells and sounds that I'd heard and other hunters. And after I packed up, I wasn't going to go back there, but my uncle convinced me. He said, go back. You know, you bought a license that cost you extra money to go and hunt. You love hunting. Go out there. You know you'll be safe. Just go on further in on the property. So that's what I did. And on that day when I went in, I met another hunter on the corner of a corn field in there, and I talked to him briefly, and then I went out and around the corn onto the back side of the field. There's two snowmveil trails that come out, and I knew from scouting that the second trail, if I went into it, there was an area that was clear that I could set up a hunting blind. And that's what I had, a hunting blind and you know, chair on my back and just me and my bow and arrow, and I was out there, and you know, I set up the blind and I was watching the trail. The deer come out through the snowmobile trail and through that clearing that I was in to go out to the mainfield where the corn was and I was set up and I was good so being there during the afternoon, I heard different noises and I kind of attributed it to you know, of course, it was September, so I was attributing it to a buck racking his horns on a tree, trying to get the velvet off, you know. And I just let it be and I listened to it. It started to my southeast and went to my northeast. Over the course of the day, I didn't hear any animals. Nothing was moving in the woods. I didn't see no deer, never thought anything out about it. Packed up. It's dark. I turn on my head lamp. I'm headed out of the woods and I get between the first snowmobile trail and the second snowmobile trail. I had something come flying by my face and it was a rock, probably about the size of a you know, a dodgeball, volleyball, whatever you want to call them. I went flying by my face and I turned, and you know, I yelled into the woods that you know, if it hit me, it would have probably killed me. And I said, don't do that again, or I'll be forced to defend myself. And no sooner did I say that. Another rock came by. I mean, the first one was probably about an inch or two off of my face, great at you know, eyeball level. The second one came by, and it literally scunned my nose. Same size rock, same area came out of I said, okay, I'm gonna have to defend myself, and I knocked an arrow to defend myself because that's the only way I could defend myself at that point. And all of a sudden, a growl came out of the woods. A tree that was, you know, forty five feet tall and you know, twelve inches fourteen inches in diameter, just starts rocking back and forth. You know. The growl hit me, vibrated through my body, and that's when I looked at my arrow, and that why I was gone. I ran. It followed me all the way to my vehicle, and when I got to my vehicle, I'm at my vehicle and I'm literally you know, I heard it running the whole way, well, I was running, it was walking. I heard it walking alongside me the whole way, including where it went across a fifteen foot wide screen with only one stride hitting the stream. I'm at my vehicle, I'm looking for my keys. I've tossed my blind and my chair in the back of the truck, and I got my belly against the bet of the pickup truck and I look in literally only a foot and a half off the other side of the bed of the pickup truck. Here's this thing that's nine foot tall, sides of glowing. It looks like three football players put together, legs, you know, as big around as my body. I was just I was stunned, scared and everything else at the time, and you know, I kind of got out of there, called my uncle. Didn't go back there again for a couple of years. But over the you know, over the time before I went back, I got with my uncle and I learned more things. And in that period of time, I met the other co founder of the main big Foot Foundation. Her name was Janelle Krapp, and she told me her experience. And we had had two separate Facebook groups that were small, and we combined them together to make one group. And it wasn't long, probably a little bit, maybe a year. We had had the group, and we contacted by somebody to go and they had questions about Bigfoot mountain lions running together and we went to the property, met this lady. She's two and a half miles off of grid in the middle of the woods on an old town road from the eighteen hundreds, virtually no nobody else around, and she kind of told us the story, and she had contacted some other folks and they never really believed her or came out to see what was going on or anything. And that day we went out, three of us, and during the course of that day we found some footprints that were like a small child footprint, but only wider and you know, almost looked like an adolescent individual, you know, getting nine ten years old type. But this was in October of that year, late in October almost into November, right on the edge of a stream, and there's nobody else living around there, so you know, to figure out how young child's footprints going to go into a stream that's you know, thirty two degrees and just walking around barefoot, you know, it kind of struck us a little bit as odd. And we heard some kids' voices while we were there, which we were told that they had heard this before, but every time they went to look where the kids to see which kids were down there, who was down there? There was never anybody there. We heard it that day, and then we ended up seeing three separate times that day another individually lodger, sasquatch, bigfoot, whatever you want to give it for a name. I mean, we saw this thing when we were investigating the footprints along the stream bed. We were able to look across and see this thing crouched behind a very large tree that had blown over, and of course we could see its movements, couldn't see it fully until I made a move to go up and around. There was a bridge up above, and we went. I went up to the bridge to cross over to the other side of the stream, and when I did, this thing took off, and Janelle and the other gentleman that was with us, they physically saw it stand up and run directly behind the blowdown. So of course we did that whole investigation. We got this lady. We calculated everything because she was scared of the bigfoot, in the bigfoot and the mountain lion running together, and she had a cat that was missing that you know. Once before she called us. And the reason she was concerned was that when the cat had been missing two weeks, she went to leave to go out to a doctor's appointment. As she turned onto a road as an uphill, and on that uphill there was this creature. She said. It looked just like a man, but only much bigger. It stepped out into the road about seventy yardds in front of her and turned and looked at her like it had a sad face. She said, it looked like kind of like, as she described it, a monkey, but a human at the same time. And it bent down. It had its arms out in the cradle type position, and it bent down and laid something on the ground and then stood back up, looking down at her, And she said, I could almost she said, I could see the sadness in its face, but it looked like it was crying. She left it at that, you know, she pulled up the road once it was gone. You know, it took her, she said, five to ten minutes to get herself together to be able to go up there and see what it was. And the creature had literally brought out her pet cat and laid it in the road. And you know, that's why she was concerned whether the mountain lion the bigfoot running together. We did find evidence. We saw a bigfoot three times that day we found the jew of no prints alongside the stream. We found larger sixteen and seventeen inch footprints up on the hillside, so we knew the activity was there. Looked around for activity on the mountain lion. We made we were on the other side of the stream. We found a path that went down to the bottom of the waterfall that's part of the stream right there, and we made our way down to the bottom and we were going across the bottom and we found activity of a cat. But in talking to this lady previously, she had grown up in this same set of woods. There's a swamp there and it's two miles across the swamp and she was on the other side of the same swamp, and you know, she never felt the presence of being watched until the point of seeing the mountain lion the first time. And when we confirmed the mountain lion tracks, we got physical tracks out of the air of a mountain lion. Found the scratching posts mocked in the corner of their territory. The you know, dug up sand on the bottom where the cat had urinated in it, so we knew there was a mountain lion there. So we kind of talked to her and you know, putting one in one together to make that two and come up with an answer. We were able to give her a little comfort, you know, she had. We asked her a bunch of questions when we called her back and asked her, you know, had you ever heard calls? And we played some bigfoot calls, including the Sierra sounds to her when and we asked her, have you ever heard these before? And she says, yeah, I used to hear them all the time when I was growing up on the other side of the swamp. And I said, well, you know, two miles across the swamp is not very far from one of these creatures, you know, and you know, get talking to her, and I says, you know, perhaps when you moved into this property over here when you were grown, it recognized you as maybe it was an young individual when you were young, and that you know, you grew up around it. Didn't know you grew up around it, And now you're over on this side, and all of a sudden there's a danger, and it knows there's a danger with a mountain lion. So you know, you're calling for your cat, you know, looking for your cat, and you know, you know, it knows there's a mountain lion that it grew up around you. It's gonna more than likely it you know, it knows you, and it's going to try to protect you. And that calmed her fears a lot. And that's the point that we decided to go ahead and make a nonprofit. You know, I was sitting in a deer stand the next month and I said, I wrote to Janelle on Messenger and I said, hey, you know, you know, if we're going to go do investigations, why don't we do investigations at no charge. You know, let's be a let's be a nonprofit. Let's be able to take you know, if somebody donates money, we buy equipment, and you know, let's make this into something that's more educational. And that's what we did. And it was at that point that after being chased out of the woods, after making my own Facebook after page about Bigfoot, after getting with Janel and then combining our pages and you know, going out and doing this investigation, it kind of, you know, pushed us to the point of, you know, we know there's organizations out there that do the investigatations, that go out and do all these kind of things and that you know, it's a quick you're gathering the data points, you're gathering the different things, and you're putting it online and then you know the contact is that's pretty much where it ends. And you might do a talk here or there at a different festival or something, but you kind of go with Okay, I'm done with this area. You know, this person's given me the information, and then you know that's where the person kind of goes on the wayside. I've had experiences like that, you know, I've done interviews with other investigators that came over and heard my story of where I got chased out of the woods, and you know, they all said I was very credible, and that was great. But you know, after that point, you're your contact with them becomes very limited. And we wanted to take what we learn out in the field and use it to educate people, you know, whether it be a town hall meeting, talk at a conference somewhere, or talk at a nursing home or in daycare or you know some are wreck camp, you know, just to teach people what we've learned from our encounters. And I started going backwards at that time, thinking about all the different things in the different sounds and noises and smells and lack of sounds that I've had over the years, you know, growing up. I mean, I was in the woods at eight years old, my dad hunting, and you know, I used to go out there and two and a half miles out into the middle of a five mile square between the roads and in a swamp with a lot of magnesium. So I, you know, I get to learn that compasses aren't always perfect, that you need to learn how to get out of the woods. You know, I'd learned all that stuff, and I never really you know, the legend of Boggie Creek came out, I was probably eight years old, and you know, I watched it, and I had a lot of interest in the Native American lore and stuff, so I kind of, you know, I didn't relate any of that stuff until after we started doing the you know, nonprofit, and I started going back through my memories and the different things. I mean, I came to the realization that, man, I've had encounters all my life and I never knew exactly what they really were. And I started backtracking and going over those encounters and telling them all up and it just I ended up with seventeen times that I can physically say where yes, I absolutely saw a one, or I had a smell or you know, seventeen encounters of physically seeing them, you know, and I had the smells were there, and all the different things were just kind of added up to the whole Bigfoot phenomenon. And you know, I dug all the way back to you know, seventy two or seventy three, being in a suburban that my grandfather had bought. We'd gone to a game preserve that they released pheasants on. My father, my aunt, my grandfather, my uncle, and my grandfather's friend were all out hunting pheasants. Me and my grandmother sat in the vehicle, and you know, it's very scary things happen sometimes when you're out there that you know, if you don't realize what it is. But my grandmother had told me to Suddenly I'm playing in the back, the very back seat, and she suddenly tells me that, you know, Michael, take this blanket, get under the seat, don't make a noise, put the blanket over you stay hidden no matter what. And you know, I'm a little kid. I was kind of like, well, what are you talking about? You know? And I did it because she was my grandmother, and I listened to her, and I slowly I watched her slowly reach and lock the door in the back where she was sitting, and then gradually locked the other two doors, and I couldn't figure out why she was doing all this. Then she pulled the other blanket that we had with us over herself as she laid in the back seat. Both seats were bent sheets in the back. And I didn't really think nothing of it. My father came back, knocked on the door. When he tried to open it was locked. My grandmother looked up, opened the door, stepped out, talked to him and told me, Michael, stay there. Of course, you know, now my dad's there. So I'm what's going on? You know, I'm up in the seat and not thinking anything of it. And all of a sudden, my grandfather's there, my uncle's there. You know. They've all just come back to the truck. They've all they're all unloaded, they all load back up. My grandmother locks all the doors. They're looking onto the truck. They're looking in the woods around the truck, up and down the roads. They got their guns loaded, and I'm like, Okay, did a bird come out or what. But now that I've known what I know now, I think back of that, and you know, my grandmother talking and the bits and pieces of the conversation that I caught when I was that young child, was you know, uh looked like man, not sure or scared, you know, things like that caught in my mind. So I look back on that and I go, you know, really, was that my first actual encounter and not you know, I didn't have a visual on it because I was hiding under the blanket doing what my grandmother said. But then that caused me to go through the experiences I had well hunting, you know, seeing things that just didn't make sense at the time when I was hunting. You know, I just want at a time picking these things apart. You shoot a deer sixteen years old, I'm in a tree stand in this two and a half center point of that five mile square, and you know, I shoot a deer. Then I watch what looks to be a person in the gilly suit walk the same trail as the deer. Knew I'd hit the deer. My father comes along fifteen minutes later, it goes, oh, well, walks right where that person was, finds a blood trail. I thought to myself back then, you know, hey, I didn't see that guy carrying a gunne it's November. He's not wearing orange, you know. I explained all that to my father, and my father follows the blood trail, gets to a point where there's a pile of blood but no deer, and the person that I thought I had saw was walked the same trail, went into the same spot where I heard the deer fall. And now the deer's gone. And my father looked for forty five minutes, couldn't find nothing. So you know, I kind of wrote that off, and I stayed, you know, in the tree stand. He said, the deer's gone. The guy must have dragged it off. And I'm thinking to myself, but the guy wasn't carrying a gun. The guy wasn't wearing orange. You know, he who is this guy? You know? And you know, I kind of wrote wrote that one off, you know, So I started going back through and seeing the different things I'd seen out in that patch of woods. You know that I thought I saw something, but then there was nobody there. And at the same time, I had those smells I had. The lack of noise, dead silence in the woods is very unusual unless you get a apex predator around. And you know, it's one of the things that researchers have said, you know, when the woods go dead, quiet, quiet, you get to watch and you know, all those little things that happened out there in the woods. And then I started piling things up and in my mind my thought processes, you know, we're developing this foundation, and I'm going, well, I've seen that, I've seen this, you know. And my uncle taught me different things of what to look for to find tracks because he always he was always casting tracks in the woods. You know, every time he went out, he'd come back new cast, you know, and it just it was crazy. You know, you could see you could look at his cast and you could see the actual design of a foot So, you know, I got into looking more and more at it, and he taught me simple things, don't you know, don't look for a whole footprint. Hearing me, ninety five percent of the time, you're not going to find the whole footprint. You're going to find a piece of a footprint, you know, whether it be the front pot of the foot with the toes or the backpot looking like a heel or something had dug into the ground. You got to go looking for it. You gravel and your clay that's on the ground makes it very hard to find the tracks. And if you're in the woods on an old logging road, you get all the leaf litter, all the pine needles, you know. So learning from him, I got out there and then looking for tracks and whatnot. And you know, the more I went out, the more I found tracks, it became easier and easier for me. I mean, we went out this past weekend. We took a small group out into the woods on a trail. The trail goes from the river's edge up into the area where I actually hunted off this field and get chased out of the woods. So we took that path up in there, and you know, on a couple of different places we found some footprints, footprints with the toes and you know, the whole heel, the whole nine yards. But you were picking up just the front pot of the foot, of the back pot of the foot, and then you look at it and you can see this kind of a shape in there. And we we we can uncovered some footprints and you know I did, I did a call and after the call, I got some whistles back, so you know there was still activity up in that area. And you're talking to many other hunters that are have hunted that area that they've had activity like that, They've had you know, the guy in the gilly sup and he's not hunting, and you know, why is he out there? So you know, I pay attention a lot more. And that's I find that that's the biggest thing with people who don't have encounters. They they don't realize they actually do have an encounter because they're not paying attention to the full picture. They're looking, you know, down at their feet to make sure they're not tripping because they're in the woods. You know, they don't want to trip on anything and fall down hurt themselves. They might be on a rocky trail. They're looking to make sure they get good footing. They're not paying attention to what's around them. You know, I've learned all those things over the years. Slow and steady when you're out there, move along slowly, look with your eyes not just down but in front of you, off to the sides, up into the trees. You know, you've got stories of these creatures being in trees, swinging back and forth, you know, young ones, and you know some of the trees up here, and we were in the woods this weekend with trees that were you know, I couldn't put my arms all the way around them. They were thirty six thirty eight inches in diameter. You know, this huge, massive you know, hemlocks and pines that you know, tower hundred feet in the air. It's just crazy. You know, you've got to understand that these creatures are out there, this is their home. And you know, I teach people that all the time. You know, listen, you know, pay attention. If there's lack of noise, you know, you squirrel ain't running around, or your mouse ain't running around. They're not moving for a reason. The bird's not chirping for a reason. They're you know, everything's staying dead silent for a reason. Even the frogs. I mean I've had times at frogs. You know, they're croaking, croaking, croaking, and all of a sudden you get that rancid smell from one of these things, and the frogs are suddenly dead, silent. There's no birds there's no chipmunks, there's no squirrels, there no noises at all in the woods, and you get this bad smell. Well, you get a feeling at that point you know you there's something wrong. The hair on the back of your neck will stand up, and you know I have I have that feeling, you know, quite often when I'm out there. You know, if I'm out there alone, I can I can sense when they're around because i know what I'm listening for, what I'm smelling, what I'm you know, what's going on. I'm aware of my surroundings. And you know, that's a lot what a lot of people don't do in this day and age when they're out in the woods there. You know, we're in a hurry. The whole world's in a hurry, even you know hunters. I want to get to my deer stand, I want to get set up. I want to, you know, do it as quickly as possible, and I'm not paying attention to what's going on around me. I've watched people walk by deer that, you know, on their way to their stand. They walk right by a deer that's twenty yards away and they don't even see it. So you know, the whole big Quick phenomenon has been quite the thing. Seventeen encounters, you know, is just mind blowing to a lot of people. To me, it's just a normal day in the woods, you know, to have something like that happen. I do I consider myself lucky to have those kind of encounters, Yes, I absolutely I do. You know, I was talking with Vic before we reported the show here, and then I was telling him about an outing that we did with another well known person and you know that was up helping a group out up here in Maine. And before that person even arrived, I went out in the woods and I had one of our board members and I was an investigator, and one of our former board members that was with me, and we went down this trail and we were just you know, it was one after another. This trail has been phenomenal over the years and showing us, you know, the activity that's going on, whether it be footprints or structures whatnot. I mean, we went down the trail and as we're going along, we were counting the different footprints that we identified and what ones could be castable and what wasn't castable. Of course, the ground was hot gravel, old logging road would play that it flowed in over the years. You know, at two hundred and thirty five pounds, I wasn't even leaving an indentation in the ground itself. And we identified one track in the center of a trail, and there's several trails that go off from that from old logging operations. And as we identified that, one of the individuals that was with me, you know it's the investigator, he said, go down and check this next one down. And as he stood up, he looked down the trail that went down beside us, and he looks down there and he says, holy crap, dude. He says, I just saw something big and black go from the right to the left. It was on two legs, it was standing. It was about eight feet tall, and it was it was like just a quick step out and step across, and it was across the trail. Of course, you know, you're only talking to skit a trail, so it's not like a regular road. It's very thin. One step is all it took for this thing to get across that trail. And he's like, well, I'm going to go up to this next road and I'll see if I could look down that road and see it cross. And he goes up there and he looks and he's looking down the road and he sees nothing. So he looks down and he goes, oh, I got a footprint over here. So he ended up casting that footprint because what happened was when he saw the footprint, he says, Okay, I'm going to go out and get my plaster because I didn't put it in my pack, which was a silly move on his part. But he goes out to go get the plaster, and the other person that was with me, the former board member, decides to cast the one that we had found that was potentially castable. He had his plaster with him, he had his water. We mixed it up, you know, he had This is the first time he'd done it. So I instructed him, you know, how the mixture should look like, how careful he should be, what he should do to make sure that he gets the print. And by this time, the other investigator had walked out of the woods, got his you know, rushed out of the woods, I should say, down the trail. You know, we were only probably two hundred yards from camp at this point. So he made the quick trip out, got his stuff, came back in. Said to me as he's going by, he says, it's here. He said, I heard the growling noise that we, you know, have identified as potentially being a bigfoot in the past. And he says, you know, I got the growl on the way out. I get the growl on the way in. I heard it. It followed me out almost to the field, followed me back in. So now I'm standing there with the first guy in the trail, the main trail, and we're casting this track, and the other investigator's gone over he's got to cast his track. And I look up down the trail where he had seen it go from right to laugh and I see this thing step out in the trail and step across the trail. I know exactly what it is. It's where we're only fifty yards from this thing. You can't mistake it. I got the cones shaped head the whole nine yards blocking color. This thing just moves across the sweat street the trail in a smooth movement. You know. It was just like almost like a gliding type movement. There was no glitch in its step, no nothing. It just goes across the trail. It's got these long arms, you know, they go almost down to its knees. And I'm like, holy crap, there's one. And the guy that's casting the track looks down the season the movement going into the brush, and I said, I'm going down and check it out. So they're both over there. They're watching me to make sure, you know, I'm staying safe. And I go down to where this thing crosses and I find a seventeen inch track right there. You know, the grass is still coming back up. I can see the track. The grass is coming up in the track. You know, literally this thing is stepped on the grass and the grass is just coming up. When I get down there and I look to the left and there's a teepee like structure twenty yards away right at the edge of you know a little open space in this patch of woods, and go over. It smells, you know, the teepee smells horrible. We're casting the two tracks. We come back out. Of course, you know, they let the individuals that come to the event kind of go out and do their thing, go check things out, but you know, don't get lost type of situations. Stay on the trail. And they come to you know, stop people from come down the trail because obviously we had cast some tracks we wanted to go at them, sit and the ball before we had cast a twenty and a half inch footprint cast down on this same property, probably about two hundred and fifty odds through the woods from where we were right on the edge of a swamp. So activity level on the property was high, and we just kind of set ourselves in the right spot. You know, when we get there, we go take a walk, we go look for new evidence before we start taking groups out. Before groups are allowed to go out, you know, they give us twenty thirty minutes to get out there and check things out first. And you know, having seen one, you know, the board member that's also an investigator, he had seen one, and then literally, you know, seven eight minutes later, after he's come back in, I see the same but going in the opposite direction. I don't know if it was because it didn't want to cross the trail that he was on the edge of where he could see down that road, but it took the chance, you know, because obviously I'm thinking because we were focused downwards looking at the track that was being currently cast, So you know, I happened to look up at the right time, and you know, we cast those two tracks. Size of these casts, these footprint casts, which have the full toes, the midcastle break, the whole nine yards in them. One was twenty two inches long and the other one was twenty three inches long, with a nine and three quarter across the front on the twenty two inch and almost eleven inches on the twenty three inch for a width, which is consistent with what we were finding for tracks in that area the year before. So the eighteen inch tracks that I found down the trail told me probably a little bit younger. So we cast those tracks. We brought them back to camp. You know, we get them all measured, you got to toes, everything's there, and you know it kind of we did all of that before. The more well known individual that was doing that was there, you know, it was helping out at the event. Was there. Of course they you know, they had a lot further to travel than we did, and we'd always go up and set up early anyway. So but you know, these these encounters, it's random. It's just encounters that you're not expecting. Five percent of time I put an encounter in the category of for some reason, we surprised it, or it surprised us, you know, was it following us with a curiosity to see what we were, did it smell us and had that curiosity to see if we were a danger in their zone? Or you know, did we come up on a downwind side of it where it couldn't scent us. You know, you look at encounters, and a good portion of encounters that people record for these creatures are you know, out of the blue, unexpected. You know, there seems to be a surprise not only in the individuals that are having the owners, but also the creatures themselves. There's you know, things that are hard to explain in a lot of people, you know, their their minds. They don't want to have the realization that there's something else out there. And you know, when they have an encounter and they don't know what it is, they speak out about it and then somebody laughs at them, makes you know, makes fun of them more. You know, it gives them some other explanation that you know, oh, it could have been this, or oh it could have been that, you know, instead of hey, I don't understand what you saw, Yes, it could have been something else. Potentially, but you said it was on two legs, you know, so people write it off a lot more often than they should. I've spoken it, you know, different events, and I can sit in a room at this point, I can sit in a room and I can look around the room and I can say, this person had an encounter. But they're you know, they're the ones that's sitting there and they they're hands are down, they're not raising their hand to ask questions. They're paying attention to what you're saying, but they don't want anybody around them to realize, you know, that there's that they may have saw something, you know, so they kind of hide it away. And at the end of you know, you talk, you ask, you know, anybody want to tell their story, and you get a few people that raise their hand, they tell their story. But then those same individuals that were paying attention to you so steadfastly and they show that interest and they're trying to bring the information into their brain to help them justify what has happened to them in the past. And they just sit there and quietly wait till everybody else leaves. And when everybody else leaves, you see them get up and they might come up at that point and ask you a question. You know, I didn't want to ask it when everybody else was around because I didn't want to sound stupid or something of that nature. You know, fifteen twenty minutes, sometimes an hour later, they'll they come find you, you know, they're walking around at this conference or at this event and they come find you in you know, they might even walk up behind you. I've had them walk up behind me and kind of lean in and hey, I get more questions. I got this is what happened to me, And they tell you this story, and you know, like, well, you know, welcome, welcome to the small group of people that have actually physically had an encounter. I mean, if you look at the worldwide population for people, you know, and the number of encounters that are actually physically reported and recorded, they're they're small, but the number of people out there who have actually had encounters is just it grows every day. Here on my property in Maine, I had a gentleman living in my house with his wife and child at the time, and they didn't have a place to go, and I offered him a bedroom to stay in because they didn't have the money to go and you know, rent a place of their own at the time. And they both of them smoked, and I told them, if you know you smoke, you smoke outside. And one night the gentleman walked out on my out of my back door and he goes down the steps, he goes out on the back lawn and he's sitting there and there's there's a quite a dip in a gully. You know. It probably goes down fifteen twenty feet between my house and my neighbor's house, and it's about sixty seventy yards wide. And he's out there smoking a cigarette. And I was cooking something on the stove and all of a sudden, he comes running in. He's white as a ghost, and uh. He looks at me and he says, dude, I just urinated in my pants, you know. I said why, And he's white as a ghost and he says, well, the gully between your house and the neighbor's house. I said yeah. He says, I turned around and looked down into that gully and he says there's there was somebody standing there, and he says it wasn't a small person. He says, I could see from the waystop and you know at that point, I'm thinking, I look out that back window all the time, you know, out and towards that gully, the grass and the shrubs and that gully four and a half five feet call and you're seeing from the waistop. Oh, you know this thing's huge. He says. Yeah. It was like it was like three football players. It was put together with all their pads on. And you know, the arms were as big around as my leg. And you know, he wasn't a small boy, you know, he had a nice big leg. And he's like, dude, this this thing is get an arm as big as my leg. And he said the legs. I can see the top of the legs in it, almost as thick as my body. And I'm like, all right, I know what that is. And then he says, oh, and it glowed its sizes at me. I run out the back door with a flashlight and I'm running along a.
Speaker 6: Gully going where are you. I'm looking. He's like, dude, that they can rip you apot.
Speaker 1: His wife's now outside.
Speaker 6: She's yelling at me, come back, come back, don't go. You don't have anything to protect yourself as a shut up, you know. So I'm running along the edge of the woods looking for this thing in the gully, you know, and I get to the end of my lawn. There's a field up above that I could follow the gully and I can hear something very heavy footfalls going down through this gully, but I never saw it. So, you know, activity just it seems to follow me around same house. One morning, I hear a howl about one hundred and fifty two hundred yards away across the field, just on the other side of a woodline where there's another field.
Speaker 1: I hear this howl. I howl back. I go back and forth with four thirty in the morning. I'm you know, I'm making howls. It's making hows. I make whoops, it makes whoops. It's it's kind of crazy. And then my wife at the time yells and she says, shut up, you're gonna wake the kids up because it's four thirty in the morning. I'm like, so I kind of put the window down, you know, finish doing what I was doing, getting ready for work, and I go out and I leave my driveway, and of course I'm backing out of my driveway and on the road side of my house, there's some lilac bushes, and you know a lilac bush, how about some of the branches in the middle are probably three and a half four inches in diameter. You know, at this point, I've already tried, you know, breaking lilac branches that were hanging out too far off when I was mowing. I tried snapping them off before, and they couldn't do that, so I had to end up cutting them. You know, I go to work, the lilac bush is in perfect shape. I come home and one of these branches that's three and a half four inches stick is just kind of hanging out off the side of it. And I go in. I asked my wife and says, you know, what happened to the bush? You know, there was no wind today. How that? How did that thing break? That's one of the bigger branches in there. She's like, I don't know. She's I got up this morning and take kids to school and it was like that. So I go out front and I look at it, and this lilac branch had literally been pulled. It was. It was like it was pulled upwoods and twisted because it was never completely snapped off completely, but it was every strand and fiber, and that thing was literally ripped apart with only a very few fibers left holding it in place, and it was literally pulled out from the center of the tree and it was twisted like a candy cane at the center where it had been ripped out. And I just kind of went, well, I think I probably made that guy a gal sasquatch just morning a little upset, because that's the only thing that I can think of that would have that kind of power to be able to do that. And you know, I'm at two hundred and thirty five pounds, and you know, working in the beer industry all my life, I you know, I had some muscles, I had some strength, and it's just I couldn't break a branch, one of those lilac branches half that big with my bare hands. You know. It was a saw or a set of clippers, you know, for the smaller branches. I couldn't even rip one of the smaller, you know, pinky thickness branches off the tree. It couldn't even snap it and break that off of the tree. So, you know, whatever it did, this had to be huge, and you know, it was just there's some my awakening things that you know, you see or you hear, or you feel when you're out there, and you got to understand his power and these things. But you got to understand also at the same time that if they wanted to hurt you, they could. But you don't have a lot of that reported stuff that you know, where they actually physically injured an individual. There's reports out there of them helping individuals in the wild that are injured, you know, stories from different people that report these things that you know, Hey, kid disappears in the wilderness. They do a search. I can't mind the kid. They're doing a grid search of another area, and all of a sudden they find the kid up on a cliff. So this child is up on a cliff. He's on a ledge about halfway up the cliff. And you know, young, young child. He can talk, you know, very few words. And the rescuers, you know, happened to share him when they're at the edge of the cliff on their search, and they hear a voice, a little voice, and they look up the cliff and here's this child on the edge of a cliff on a ledge, you know, And of course they scramble, they find their way up to them. They get to them, they're trying to get them down, and they said to him, they said, you know, how did you get up here? And he just kind of points up, he says bear. And they look up and they see ahead looking over the edge of the cliff down at him, and they note that it's you know, it's not a bear, it's something else looks human. So they didn't know what it was, but literally the child was you know, you know, in conversations with the child later on with his parents there, they're trying to figure it all out. You know, he was lost to this thing found him and kind of led him by hand, I guess to a point, and there was danger. There was you know, well for something a mountain lion or something I can't remember what it was that was around, and it climbed the cliff with him and set him on the ledge and kind of finished climbing up the cliff, and you know, it was watching over him, you know, to make sure he was safe, you know, because at that point the rescuers were getting there when it climbed the cliff the rest of the way and it just kind of watched him, and you know, they saved this child. So you know, stories are out there, we just don't hear them all. We don't hear a lot of encounters. You know, every time I announced that the Main Bigfoot Foundation is going to to do some kind of live event or something like that, I always get replies of, Oh wow, that's in my area. I've had this happened in my area. What do you think it is? You know, And then next thing I know, I'm getting you know, private messages on messenger to you know, talk about it. And you know, I got a guy in Northern Potter, Maine that I'm I'm working with right now in counter last fall. You know, I got a guy down in the southern pot of Main that I've been working with for three years. He's always constantly calling me telling me, giving me updates of what's going on on activity on his property. And I got people righting the area around me that call and tell me these things. So, you know, the Main Bigfoot Foundation, we try to do events during the course of the summer to take people and get them back out in the woods, get them, educate them about what's out there. Will teach everything from you know, foraging, what you can eat in the forest, you know too, you know what to look for for tracks, whether it be bigfoot tracks or a deer tracks or whatever it might be. And you know, and of course in the fall of the year, we have a festival that we started last year. For the last year. It was our first year with the festival. You know, little town in the middle of nowhere, northwestern part of the state of Maine. Uh. It just we were expecting, you know, maybe a couple hundred people. We ended up with seven hundred and fifty people in town because there's there was no real festivals being held up here in Maine related to the big foot topic. And you know, we promoted the festival. I was one of the speakers, and the Loring Coleman of the Cryptozoology Museum. You've also probably seen on Small Town Monsters and some of the other programs like What's out There I think is the name of the program, and you know he's been on those as you know, talking as as an expert individual who's done research on these things over the years. He was a speaker and we ended up with seven hundred and fifty people roughly come into the town that weekend. And you know, it's a good festival. We're holding another one this year, and this year we have three individuals that you know well known in the bigfoot world. Jason Kenziata British Columbia. He does documentaries on Bigfoot and he's actually coming up and doing a you know, filming here in Maine and they're going to be it's going to be used in one of his documentaries. Then we have Steve Kuls Squatch Detective. He's got a podcast you know called Squatch Detective. He's coming up. He's a well known researcher out of New York. Mike familiar Aunt who is a researcher. He's been doing it since twenty ten when he had a sighting with you know, the creature growing its eyes at him. He wrote a book called In the Shadow of the Big Red Eye and did a you know, a documentary tal type movie about it. He's going to be there and he's one of our speakers as well. So you know, it should be a good festival this year. We're hoping, you know, to close in on that thousand people showing up. Mark We do kids' activities and you know, just like they do out in Whitehall, New York, where not emulating them, but we're doing our own thing and you know where here for education. I got town hall type meanings scheduled for this next year that we're hoping to do and we have outings every other weekend during the summer that we charge people nothing to go to and we take them out in the woods. And you know, our job is education and investigation, trying to document this stuff throughout the state of Maine, to give people an idea of what's out there and what we feel is good for them to do. As far as you know, I should they have an encounter to get away from one of these things if you know, there seems to be some kind of issue, But that's you know, that's where we are, and you know, I can come back on. I plan on coming back on and doing another episode uh here on the podcast and get it done to tell some more of the encounters that I've had over the years, and there's some interesting ones. I'll just drop a couple of tidbits, you know, rock clacking, seen it, heard it, spider crawl by these creatures, seen it, heard it. Sorry, crazy kind of stuff. So that'll be on a future episode. So tune back in and listen. To some more later on.
Speaker 5: Well that's it for tonight show. If you've had a big foot siding and would like to be a guest, please go to my bigfoot Siding dot com and let us know. Thanks for listening, have a great night.
Speaker 2: Seen a bunch of run down your host towns, where the church at the backbone lost and the bow in the fasting melody scoven that the bomb man rose with a roosts run deep beyond the nose of the busy.
Speaker 3: Streets with the songs of the South su Then when I hear the prompboat picking down home rhythm bringing nat hoddn run from Banjung music, Yeah, the sound of a memory brings me back to the bluegrass playing the Madaddy Jack. It's become many been through it, getting through the day on scrugs and skaggs, bucking name bales through this Tennessee jams.
Speaker 1: There's no the way that I do it.
Speaker 3: When I hear the bumpboat picking down home rhythm, bring a nat hadn't run from Banjong music, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Sing coming backwards backwoods and double tub getting there, the sword and the strumbling look and took start. There's nothing in the strumming now could you both living and I hear the prom boats picking down rhythm bringing us battle from.
Speaker 1: From men give.
Speaker 8: The city la trous me wild on the tune.
Speaker 3: Music cars rushing by with the bastes on the stereos to man when I hear the brown boat picking down on them bringing nuts.
Speaker 9: Battle run from bang of music, Yeah, summing golling backwards backwards and double tub getting there the sword and the strumbling looking tuki start.
Speaker 7: There's a the adms trumming down. Could your boy living? When I hit a bum boards picking down? Bring the bringian does battle front the.
Speaker 8: Bro something gloack wars backwards, a double timoking in the soul and the strumming looking tuck start.
Speaker 7: Because of the ancs trumming down.
Speaker 8: Could your boy living.
Speaker 1: And I hit a pump boards picking down?
Speaker 7: Bring the bad chicken boards wan Mona's very sweet tea you kind.
Speaker 8: Of sea front bedom music. That's that's the pos