Speaker 1: Just keeps getting better and better.
Speaker 2: Here at ninety seven point one the Eagle, we're hanging out at her Toto Barbecue, and out of the corner of my eye, I see our old friend, huge Wainer, Jeremy.
Speaker 1: This is kind of wandering around the parking lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe he'll be coming inside here in a second.
Speaker 2: This segment is brought to you by roller Town beer Works, which is the brewery. Oh yeah, let's get getting nutty for that. That's the brewery that Ben and I are partners in, and that's the brewery that I'm going to tomorrow afternoon at three o'clock. I'm gonna do some day drinking tomorrow. We have Nectar on Dawn on tap. It's one of the twenty fresh local beers that we currently have on tap, and I'll be throwing down that now. They're doing a release party tonight. I got Mad Duty. But Cousin's main lobster food truck is there. They got live music. And then of course we're here at her Tottle Barbecue and they have two different Rollertown beers on tap. They got the Juice Herum, the Delicious Juicy Hazy Ipa, as well as the big German, our colt style ale that has minimal hops with a smooth finished. So come on out here and join us, drink some Rollertown beer works right here at her Toado Barbecue and the Dallas Farmers Market, and keep in mind here in seventeen minutes, we'll give away those disturbed tickets, and then at five point thirty will give away two pair of map tickets for tonight's game, Dang MAVs versus the Pels, and you can come, you can win the tickets, and then just head on over there, and heck, while you're over there, you can drink some Rollertown big German because they sell that at the arena, they sell it at chop shop, they sell it happy or a Hero, all those places right over there by the arena. All right, So why don't we do this, Why don't we do the today game? Okay, but let's do it in a table around, table table talk style. Oh yes, to give each candidate what they truly deserve, including, for example, the first candidate that I would like to talk about.
Speaker 1: Do you want to play the intro?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I didn't know.
Speaker 1: If you want to say it, that's fine, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Okay, on this day in history throughout time, how magical things have.
Speaker 1: Happened Here in a proof, it is the only radio show with the courage to look history dead in the mother. It's time to play the today game.
Speaker 4: It's a day today.
Speaker 1: Let's go take it away, you jack wagons. Jeremy's here, Look at him. What's up, Doug.
Speaker 4: She's your parking taken care of. We were really.
Speaker 1: Concerned or are you just getting blazed out there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Come see our friend Jeremy. Uh and win MAF tickets. Those things are unrelated. First of all, today, in honor of Jason Terry, it is the thirty first birthday of Ranger super fan Amber. Yeah, all right, we all love Amber. She's a good friend of all of ours. And actually it's funny. During the break, I got a text message from her dad and here's what he said.
Speaker 1: You guys tell me if you agree with this or not.
Speaker 2: He said, glazing is used by crypt Twitter all the time, and it means fan girling or giving them their props. Then I got a text message from the very questionable Ziggy or other friend. Yeah, he said glazing is pumping up something mid or hyping something which is not as good as they're saying it is. So I feel like when you're sucking up to somebody that doesn't deserve it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think Lebron deserves gid But is it that?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: But Amber's dad's saying they deserve it.
Speaker 2: He's saying, Crypto Twitter is saying it's I mean, maybe crypto Twitter is different than the kids in the world.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know much about We are the three least qualified people to talk about that.
Speaker 3: You're the one who brought it back up. I wanted to let the glazing thing pass.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to give Amber her props, and I felt like that was a way to do it because I could have mentioned a text from her from her popular But if you see Amber out there celebrating things, she's thirty one today. What about on this day? Twenty two year years ago old School hit the theaters?
Speaker 1: Wow, is the last time you saw that? You said, twenty two years ago?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so two thousand and three, yep, Wow, last time I saw it probably like yesterday.
Speaker 1: It's on TV all the time. Really, you said you watched it? Yes, that's the Brutalist.
Speaker 4: You watched that and the Brutal It's on literally all the time.
Speaker 1: What how does it compare to The Brutalist in your opinion? Oh my god, it's so much better. Yeah, which movie is funnier? Oh? The Brutalist?
Speaker 4: Okay, especially at that alley scene you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Old School two thousand and three. So how what were you thirteen? Christina did?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I didn't see it when it first came out. I honestly didn't see it until college.
Speaker 1: You didn't see it at the crandall multiplex?
Speaker 4: No, we did not have a movie the year.
Speaker 1: Did Did y'all drive into town to see Old School?
Speaker 4: We would go to AMC and Mesquite to go see movies. Oh yeah, did not see Old School?
Speaker 1: Though? Did it make you want to rush? No?
Speaker 4: I've never wanted to.
Speaker 3: I mean, the idea that they could actually pull that off is not, like not, maybe it is, maybe it has happened before.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's basically it's kind of Animal House. It's just they did it with old people. Hey what you know, Hey what Animal House was funny? Let's do that with old people.
Speaker 1: It's kind of what they did. There's a funny part now. Sorry. Also, Revenge of the Nerds.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen that no, So it's like the nerds don't get accepted, so they start their own.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a this was again I saw within the last couple of weeks, just one part of it on and then I moved on.
Speaker 1: But it was.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Vince Von is like explaining, like yeah, and yeah, I mean take it slow, man, it's gonna get better than I goes on.
Speaker 1: And he talked about I.
Speaker 3: Got a music act coming, and Luke Wilson is like, well, did you say like some college band or whatever. He's like, I own Speaker City.
Speaker 1: It's Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 3: It's there like in his green hat, Like how much did you pay Snoop Dogg to come play that party?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty money. It's uh. It's one of those movies that every time.
Speaker 2: I mean, I didn't realize it was on as often as you said, but if I'm flipping around, the one I stop on no matter what, every single time is Wedding Crashers. Like Wedding Ashers is a level higher for me personally than Old School.
Speaker 1: But I'll watch Old School when it's on. It's funny, that's great.
Speaker 2: This probably means more to me than anyone else in here. Jerry Harrison is seventy six.
Speaker 1: You know who is Hey, he's in the Talking Heads? Okay, very good? Is he the Are there any Talking Heads fans here at all? Got him?
Speaker 4: He just got there.
Speaker 2: I went to high school, Daron. He he knows, he knows. His son's a huge Talking Heads fan.
Speaker 3: They're great, man, go back, start to start to finish. Who is our catalog?
Speaker 1: Who is Sophie Turner?
Speaker 3: Okay, Sophie Turner is the ex wife of Joe Jonas, but she's mainly known as Game of Thrones Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: But is she the one that trains the dragons?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, she's a stark?
Speaker 1: Is she she was a lady? Okay? Is she a dwarf wolf?
Speaker 4: I said she's not a dwarf.
Speaker 1: Oh you could be a dwarf wolf.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's actually uh, that's actual, say a new series, it'd be interesting.
Speaker 1: I would adopt the dwarf tonight on Dwarf Fool.
Speaker 4: All right, fine, No, yeah, she was the uh the one that you kind of hated it first because she's like, oh my god, I'm gonna marry a prince. That's what I'm supposed to do. And you're like you're an idiot?
Speaker 1: And then yeah, is she? Is she the one whose hair and skinn are the exact same color?
Speaker 4: Oh no, you're thinking of the Targarian.
Speaker 2: You're thinking of from Danny te Man, the great Danny Targarian. His dad coached at UNLV for all those years. Someone liked that basketball college.
Speaker 1: Basketball Jake, thank you? Uh?
Speaker 2: Jordan Peel is forty six? Which one is he?
Speaker 3: He's the one who you won't see in every commercial.
Speaker 1: Okay, So he's the one directing like get Out and all that get Out? Yeah? Did a Twilight Uh, a Twilight Zone like reboot a bunch of He likes doing some horror movies.
Speaker 4: Okay, still haven't seen that last one he did where there's like a UFO and in a ranch somewhere in a field.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the trailer was amazing, and then.
Speaker 4: I'd probably still be spooks by it.
Speaker 1: Though. What's the name of the dude that did the sixth sense? No? No, no, no no. The guy who created not Bruce Willis.
Speaker 3: Uspoon Hower, spoon head spoon.
Speaker 2: Are we gonna play spoon Man next? I can't remember the guy's Okay, so is that going to happen to Uh? Jordan Peel where eventually he just keeps making the same movie over and over and everyone.
Speaker 1: Might have already happened, I think, is what. Yeah, you know who he's married to is Sophie Turner. No, no, No, he's married to a gal who was on She.
Speaker 2: Had Targarian Brooklyn n Chelsea PERETTI don't know who that is a huge nose, okay, but I think her brother is the guy who created BuzzFeed.
Speaker 1: Get out of here. So there's your layers.
Speaker 2: That's great, man. Everybody give it up for Evan. Kevin just went on a wild tangent. Give it up for him.
Speaker 4: There's your layers.
Speaker 1: That's how Jordan Piller and King and Michael Keegan.
Speaker 3: Michael Kegan, Yeah, that's how they worked though, because they're very opposite, Okay, very opposite. Beau Like, dude, he is literally King and Michael key is like in every commercial, stop set.
Speaker 1: I like. I like that.
Speaker 2: Christina just pointed out whenever you just kind of ramble for a little while, you can always just wrap it up with them.
Speaker 1: There's your layers. I didn't know really, and he's like, oh, yeah, he's right, those are the layers. I just called out.
Speaker 4: Good point.
Speaker 2: I can't believe this. Alan Rickman would have been seventy nine.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the one that gets Ben going because that's the guy from die Hard, right.
Speaker 3: I never saw Diehards there it comes to what.
Speaker 4: No, I'm sorry, dude.
Speaker 1: You should watch it next Christmas. Did you see it? Is it great?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's great. I've seen Diehard multiple times.
Speaker 1: There's some funny Diehard movies, though.
Speaker 4: I think of him more for Snap Harry Potter.
Speaker 3: Oh, the guy with the he's like a snake.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that's no.
Speaker 1: I know what it says the name, but that's what that's.
Speaker 2: Whenever you want to go and discredit a rumor on the internet, you go to snapes, right, thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was Nopes. That was good.
Speaker 2: They like oh the same people that like the Turcanian joke.
Speaker 1: I think, dude, we need to get you on the nursing home circuit. Oh my god, yeah, that's what some comedy. I can't believe this.
Speaker 2: In eighteen seventy eight, the world's first telephone directory was published.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that. Eighteen seventy eight. Yeah, we had phone numbers back then, yeah, but not enough to need a directory. You had to have that. Really, I don't think anybody had.
Speaker 2: I mean they they knew them, they knew it existed, but no one was using it yet.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like, uh, Tesla's ten years ago? The phone was invented in seventy six? Was it really?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: What year was that set? One hundred years later? I guess that makes sense? No, eighteen seventy six. Oh yeah, two years later. There weren't enough phone numbers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're probably right. You know, the phone numbers back then were just like, you know one.
Speaker 4: It's just Thomas, yeah, Thomas Edison.
Speaker 2: It was a pamphlet with ten numbers on it. Because think about it, back then, it took like four weeks for anybody to get any news because some guy just wandered off.
Speaker 3: Yelling it God, those are the days. Can I imagine that the new cycle was like four weeks. That'd be so good, dude. I would love to learn about the Luca trade next month. You would still be happy right now, Everything's great. You wouldn't have even known that he got hurt on Christmas Day?
Speaker 2: Figured out, did you guys see Lucas triple double that happened in October?
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, man, Uh, you.
Speaker 2: Guys probably never went down the Nina Simone wormhole, did you?
Speaker 1: You haven't had time?
Speaker 2: That means you're not going to anybody. Can hear a Nina Simone fan?
Speaker 1: Wow? This crowd.
Speaker 4: She's got a great voice. So I looked up a song obviously to play for the Today game. She's got an amazing voice.
Speaker 1: She's badass. She is a badass artist.
Speaker 3: Her album, Simone says is great. And finally, finally, uh, yeah, he he's freaking me down. You're more of a dad joke guy than I am.
Speaker 1: Get out of here. You're pun guy? You are your pun guy?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Christina? Is he pun guy?
Speaker 4: Tweets?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Ah? And finally, uh, Kelsey Grammer Kat, go ahead and do that thing where you drag him through.
Speaker 3: Okay, So here's the deal with Kelsey grammars. He has had a tough go of it. Yeah, he lost two of his younger siblings to a shark.
Speaker 2: Attacks are gonna laugh at that, are you.
Speaker 3: They only detected the remains of one of them, but it's pretty much assumed that the other brother was killed by the shark too, and something even worse, believe it or not, happened to his sister. Yeah, and that's why he was kind of an a hold everyone and on drugs and drinking a lot.
Speaker 1: But he's right now. Fraser. Yeah, yeah, time you went and saw Fraser. It was good. I'll never forget it.
Speaker 4: Have you all watched the reboot of Fraser?
Speaker 1: Okay, strip mall, Steve would be the only guy on the planet. Have you seen it? No?
Speaker 4: I haven't, But I love the original Fraser, So I don't know why I haven't watched it.
Speaker 1: I think I should.
Speaker 3: He's doing radio. I was wondering, like, why I never got into Fraser.
Speaker 1: He's doing Radio.
Speaker 2: I actually never watched it, but from afar, I assumed every character on.
Speaker 1: The show was gay. That's Will and Grace.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, all right, that's gonna do it.
Speaker 2: For the Today game for Today, February twenty first, live from her Toto Barbecue. All right, in the next five minutes, we're gonna give away Disturbed tickets. Then thirty minutes after that, we are gonna give away two pair of Math tickets. If you're driving around or you're nearby the Dallas Farmers Market, come on through now you still have a chance to win these tickets. Get you some delicious hertato barbecue. Maybe drink you of beer? Coming up next?
Speaker 1: What's happening in the weekday Update there?
Speaker 3: Man, I have so much stuff and I'm gonna kind of tell you what's going on in DFW this weekend as the temps warm up.
Speaker 2: Ah, that sounds very vague. That's next right here on ninety seven point one, The Eagle