Speaker 1: In the Sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine the Games, Mike the Bulldog beyond you on JR R. Dog. We are hoping you're gonna start off with an emphatic come on.
Speaker 2: How did that taste? You nailed, bron How did that taste? Luca? How did that taste? You? Hated Lakers? Yes, Magic statement game.
Speaker 3: Last night, Welcome to the Night the Magic Kingdom Boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah Yeah.
Speaker 2: On a night Dwight Howard was inducted into the Magic Hall of Fame. The Franz A and Pallo ban Caro looked like future Hall of famers last night. The Franz had thirty two, Pallo had thirty. Magic Club the Lakers one eighteen to one oh six. By the way, I was there last night. What a crowd. It was a lot of Lakers fans are there, by the way, but a record crowd nineteen thousand and five hundred and thirty eight. That place was electric last night. I love seeing the Magic win, you know that. But it's also beautiful to see the hated Lakers struggle the way they are. They were destroyed by the Bulls the other night. They were manhandled by the Magic last night. They're three and seven in their last ten games, so the Magic. By the way, they've won two in a row now for the first time since Christmas. They've won three of four, including statement wins over the league leading Cavaliers and the hated Lakers. They are just a game and a half behind the Hawks for the top play in spot. The Magic are Back, Ladies and genmal with this team, this is a team nobody wants to play in the playoffs. I'm declaring it. That's my bulldog bite, Magic Are Back. I got a bulldog bite. We did we got to how that taste? It's what more could you ask for on a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Although I slightly suspect Bulldog may still be operating off of the adrenaline filled atmosphere last night at the Kia sim Yeah, hey, Bulldog. Other big story, how about Florida Citrus Sports full speed ahead on trying to lock in the Jags here in Orlando for the home schedule.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, they got the They got the ten million dollar funding from the tourist development or the yeah, the tourist development tax. So yeah, it looks like it looks like now the Jaguars still have to approve it. The NFL has to approve it, but it looks like this is one of the final formalities before the Jags play here in twenty twenty seven, so we'll see what happens. That was good news yesterday. So it looks like we're gonna have an NFL team, at least temporarily in Orlando in twenty twenty seven. When the Jaguars in Jacksonville are refurbishing their stadium up there, they're essentially tearing it down and starting over again, so they're gonna have a brand new stadium.
Speaker 1: Are the Jags still considering Florida Fielder? Now?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, it's that it's down to uh this Camping World Stadium and Florida Field the swamp. But everybody seems to think it's going to be Camping World Stadium, especially with what happened yesterday. So uh uh yeah, I think it's gonna be Camping World Stadium. Everything I'm hearing is it's going to be Camping World Stadium. I've talked to the Jaguars team president Mark Lamping. He hasn't said, uh officially that it's gonna be, but you can just tell they they want to. They want a stadium for that season that they can call their own. Camping World Stadium has no tenants obviously Florida Field and the Swamp has the Gators, and you know you'd have to get it could be a quick turnaround that the Gators are playing a night game and.
Speaker 3: Uh, lamping rhymes with camping. They're coming to Camping World Stadium, And hey, all, so bulldog, you have to admit you've been to enough Gators game as if. I not like I'm a fan or anything, but just good my kid goes there. But that that town would be a cluster with the NFL coming into it.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny you bring that up, Bob. I ran in and I was curious. When the wife and I visited Savannah a while back, we were in a bar in the playot and there was a group of folks there from Jacksonville who were Jags fans because they had Jag I asked him just out of cure, and I said, hey, you guys were season ticket holders. I said, if you have your choice of going to watch those games during the refurbishment and going to jackson going to Gainesville or Orlando, all of them said, we'd rather go to Gainesville. Really all of them.
Speaker 3: I just know that. Man, you can't even get bulldog, you know, for like a parent's weekend or a big home game. It's hard to get rooms there, and they're and they're like six hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Although NFL fans don't travel like college football fans, a lot of those are opposing fans coming into Gamesville. But yeah, you're right, I mean they don't have the amenities that Orlando has. They don't have the hotels. Uh, even the stadium. When when Camping World stadiums refurbished, and it will be about twenty twenty seven, then you know it's gonna be. It's gonna be. It's not gonna be an NFL you know, bells and whistles stadium, but it'll be nicer than the swamp. The swamp needs some serious renovations now. You know.
Speaker 1: The only thing I can imagine if you're a Jags season ticket holder from Duval area that if you're if you're going to a game as a day trip, you're not staying overnight. Obviously you'd rather drive the games at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably probably an hour closer. Why they answered that way to you when you met him at the bar, I have to what about you boys, But uh, I'll go to a Jags game.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, I'll go to every every home game to the Jag. Yeah, at least tail geame for at least the season.
Speaker 1: Once there's press box. Hot dogs absolutely away.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the Bulldogs, so when Dwight Howard, they had his induction ceremony yesterday afternoon before the game, so you know, he's it was it was great. He was emotional, he was contried. He you know, essentially said I've had a zillion second thoughts about why I left Orlando. He apologized to everybody, He thanked the fans. He even apologized to the Bulldog. He apologized to the bulldog. What because we were talking at a media gathering his little press conference after the actual induction ceremony, and he said, and I'm quoting, there were a lot of times in the past, Bianchi, I wanted to knock your head off, but now I realize you were just doing your job.
Speaker 1: Wow, nice bulldog?
Speaker 3: Did he ask you out to dinner afterwards for some butt play?
Speaker 1: Stop? Stop? Sorry? All right? Bike? The Bulldog? BYANCHI smooth things with Dwight. Apparently that's a that's a good thing. Here you can hear more from the Dog weekday mornings on AM seven forty and FM ninety six ninety The Game where he hosts Open Mike, and of course taking time out of his show to join us for the Sports page here each morning on jrr oh oh
Speaker 2: Luis and I go on demand to download the iHeartRadio app