Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go podcast. What up, Darling? How you doing? My name is Dony Peters. I am joined by Tim Duckworth. How are you doing, sir?
Speaker 2: Good? Great, fantastic?
Speaker 1: Is this our latest podcast today this summer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the wee hours of Tuesday morning.
Speaker 1: Yep, my left eye keeps on watering, which means that it is definitely way too f and late. It is twelve forty am here on what is now Tuesday, June third. We began this day way back on Monday, June second.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's big show.
Speaker 1: Today. The ten k Omaha High Low Championship is down to five. Daniel Negron Daniel Daniel. Daniel is still in, as is Victor Blom. Daniel's going for his eighth Wsop Gold bracelet. Of course, he won his seventh last year in the ultra prestigious fifty KPPC. Blom has yet to win one. A legendary player in his own right, but he's still looking for his first Wsop Gold bracelet. We got to hit on the Mystery Millions because we have a winner there. We also got a winner in the six hundred dollars Deep Stack tournament. We got the ten k mystery bounty final table. It's currently playing out right now. Right before we hopped down the air, there were five players left. The biggest bounty was still up for grass. I know you wanted to like have it wait till tomorrow, but I kind of wanted to happen on the pod so we can hear all the yelling and screaming over. Okay, so let's see if that happens. We'll hit on the fifteen hundred dollars Nolan maduced to seven single draw final table. That is, I think they got five players left. They have bagged up. They're going to come back tomorrow, and then we'll touch on everything else that is going on around Horse You and Paris. As always, I do want to remind you that the poker Go podcast is sponsored by play poker Go. Check it out play poker go dot com. Free fun, authentic online poker. You don't got to have any deposits, there's no risk. You can play whenever you want. There are games running around the clock, ring games, sit and gos, tournaments, whatever you fancy. Get on in there. Play poker go dot com. You can also download it to your iOS device you can download it on your Android, you know. So it's available across all platforms again, that is play pokerg dot com. Find it now and deal yourself in free online poker awaits Okay ten k Omaha High Low Championship. Two hundred and seventeen entries in this one and up took of twenty entries from last year. Tim and I went over that on yesterday's pod. There are now five players left. Victor Blom aka is Solder is in the lead. Daniel Legrand who is virtually tied for second. You know, he is I think fifty k behind. He's going for bracelet number eight. We got Blom going for his first gold bracelet. There is what's the first place?
Speaker 2: Do you know? Four hundred bit yeah, a little bit over four hundred seventy yeah, Holy but Jesus Gass is at the table. Do you know more?
Speaker 1: Oh, fear more yep.
Speaker 2: And then two I guess.
Speaker 1: Max Coleman busted sex.
Speaker 2: I know that. I guess you would say relative unknowns Ryan Uh, I don't really versus Ryan Brambrick, bram Brick, Bambrick, bambric and then Hunter McClelland is a shot Stackgrana is sitting in thirty ships, but I only buy about half a half a bet, so what's the what are they going to come back to? They were playing two hundred k limits.
Speaker 1: So fifty one k on the blinds, one hundred k on the limits. This tournament always seems to take forever. Ever, it is now officially listed as a four day event. They're going to obviously need it because it is a four day event in the schedule. Yeah, no, no, no, I'm saying it is officially listed as a four day event. Yes, you know, it used to be a three day event, but it would always go to four days.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: They played an extra level today, right I think they played yes?
Speaker 2: Oh well yes, eleven minutes of an extra level.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought the level before that was extra.
Speaker 2: Little structure does say played a five? So they were following this structure sheet?
Speaker 1: So okay, well, either way, we got a sweat for d Nags and number eight. I spoke with him afterwards, a short, little two minute interview. Didn't want to keep him too long, but here is that interview now, all right, Dani Final five ten k Omaha e vetter started the day as a chip leader, kind of dipped down a little bit. How you know he finished strong? How did they go for you overall?
Speaker 2: I'd say really really well.
Speaker 3: Like you said, I started with Chipley at one point five and it was just breaking about even I like, no joke. I went through a stretch where I had aces seven times, I got my money back once and I got scooped every other time. And I still was maintaining, you know, because I was doing a what Victor Blohm beat me beat some He I had some monster hands when I'm like, oh my god, I have everything, and somehow I ended up with nothing and he just won with these goofy hands sometimes.
Speaker 2: But I faded it.
Speaker 4: You know, I got down to eight hundred at one point.
Speaker 3: But you know in Omaha eight, seriously, if you have two big bets, you know you just got to get a quarter of pot, stay alive until you hit your rush.
Speaker 1: You often talk about, at least more recently Pelow as your jam. How do you feel like Omaha eight is to you?
Speaker 3: Omaha eight tournaments just really work well for me too, because, like I've said in the vlog a little bit, it's kind of like understanding how much level of pressure.
Speaker 2: Do you so what you have to do.
Speaker 3: Is this You look at a flop, you say, okay, is this a pedal to the metal flop?
Speaker 1: Is this where I go?
Speaker 3: Is this a yellow yellow caution sign where I'm like, okay, well we have some but we don't go crazy, or is it a red we just get out right? And I do a really good job of yellow when a lot of people, I think they just automatically pedal to the metal in spots where it's like you're just overplaying your hands. So because I had these aces seven times and I lost the absolute minimum, because I.
Speaker 4: Never overplayed any spot with all of them. So that's a real key to especially tournament poker, when you're playing away.
Speaker 1: Last year one year seventh gold bracelet in the fifty k, obviously, but it was kind of a long drought, you know, for winning one? Is there like a sense of freedom, relief pressures off?
Speaker 4: I really came in.
Speaker 3: I feel like the model for twenty twenty five is chill ax, relax, Like I'm.
Speaker 4: Not coming in like superstrassed with super rules. I brought wine.
Speaker 3: If I want to drink wine, I'm gonna have wine. You know, no crazy regiment, you know, I'm just gonna enjoy it. I'm like, you know, I'm fifty now and this this summer camp, so I want to make sure that I look forward to it for the last two months.
Speaker 4: I want I just enjoy every day.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: That was Daniel and Legrano. It is interesting to hear that. You know, he kind of feels like there is a bit of pressure off of his back after he was able to his seventh gold bracelet last summer. And you know that came after so so so long when he just could not win another bracelet. You know, it took forever, forever, forever. All of his peers are winning bracelets around him, left, right and center. You know, he had not got one. Finally got the monkey off his back, and it came in his favorite tournament, the fifty k PPC. And then this year, I mean, you guys heard him. He said, he's got wine, he's playing care free, he's just doing whatever, and I'm sure that translates quite nicely to his play. This tournament is a PGT qualifying event. There was the twenty five k Heads Up Championship qualified for the PGT, and then the two tournaments currently running that qualified for the PGG. Well there's actually three, But I'll hit on these two right now. The ten k Omahahilo Championship, and then we already mentioned the ten k Mystery Bounty.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: Kicking off today was the twenty five K Nolan hold Him Slash Plo. We'll get to that later. That is also a PGT qualifying event. But mister PGT, so what's what's what's at stake here? What's going on? Four hundred and seventy k up top? That's four and seventy points, right, Yeah, there's a boatload of points it is.
Speaker 2: And you know what, Daniel, you don't even need to win this to move to top. You can finish second, move to the top of the PGT leader board.
Speaker 1: Where's he that right now?
Speaker 2: Fifth? He is currently eighth, eight hundred and eleven points. He's got a little bit of a million dollars in cash, is ten in earning, sorry ten cashes, and looks like three podium finishes and he can leap frog Eric Blair, who's in first right now with UH one one five seven second place, So better Daniel moves to the top of the PGZ later.
Speaker 1: On crazy crazy crazy stuff. Of course, we cannot also overlook the fact that Victor Blam is here at this final table, in the final five. He is the chip leader. Blom is a legend. Obviously stormed onto the scene as isulder one online. You know, was shot up the ranks as playing the crazy Nose heads up, taking on Ivy, taking on Antonius, you know, just battling everyone that he could get his hands on, whether it was Nolan holding, whether it was PLO, started playing those massive mixed games. The swings were outrageous. Ye watching him back in the day, he is He is much more of a calmed down, subdued Victor Blom. The maturation of Victor Blom, I believe is what I was calling it last summer. But he's still as talented as ever, right, you know, He's just he's a bit more experienced. He knows the drill. He doesn't just sit down and just go off, right. You know. I feel like I feel like the new go off king is Texas Mike Anderson.
Speaker 2: He's the new go off king.
Speaker 1: But uh, Victor Blam is just an absolutely incredible talent when it comes to poker, and it's showing through here in this ten K eight championship as he is the chip leader with five left. They will be back tomorrow or I should say today on Tuesday. The plan is to stream it. That's the plan. We'll see how it goes. Original plan was to stream the ten k mystery bounty. Right makes sense, massive, big bet Nolan would hold them huge first place prize, got the mystery Bonnie Element. Cool, but it's d n Eggs, it's Victor Blom.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I think we got to make.
Speaker 2: The swe and Ryan Bembrick and that is correct.
Speaker 1: Although I heard op your Moore didn't really care too much to play on stream and some players don't, you know, that's just don't. They don't care for that stuff.
Speaker 2: Do you know who? I thought I was going to get the most negative responses from Daniel Why. I just felt like, you can put this on stream. It changed. He didn't complain a little bit about thet time, but I know I felt like he was going to give me a bit more negatives than a female was. But hey, man, putting you all on in the broad lights are going to crown embrace the winner.
Speaker 1: It's what the people want to see. Yeah, that's for damn sure. All day we're fielding questions. You gotta stream this, you gotta stream this. You gotta stream this. The idea was to look at making the switch should it come to it. You know, we had a good idea that even though I know it looked a little bit weird to the outside world that they're playing a final table today. You know, they started with two tables, they get down they're playing a final table. But we all knew, we've all been around this specific tournament. You know, it's a very very slow structure. They have a lot of chips, a lot of big bets, and it's a split pot game. Yeah, so we're gonna be here a while.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: We figured we would end the day with around four or five six players something like that, and we did get down to that area. We got down to five and then they'll come back for day four and as long as we can finish organizing stuff overnight. Here. I know it is past midnight, but it's going to be hitting the Poker Go stream, so be sure to tune in for that. Today's stream was the one thousand dollars Buying Mystery Millions final table, a big old field of nineteen, six hundred and fifty four runners. They came back with seven today. It looked like Michael Oscevedo was gonna run away with this thing. At the start, he could not lose a hand, was just winning, winning, winning, But then all of a sudden, Michael Wilklow just like kind of stormed back. He kind of got even with Oscevedo, and then in heads up play he pulled off this crazy hero CALLI called with what I believe was fourth pair with jack six against an over bet on the river. Oscevedo had king seven, and I believe the seven was a key blocker to a straight. But Wilklow was strong to the test and he made the call, took a big chip lead from there, ended up finishing it off later on, and he is a million dollar winner. Pretty crazy final table took about two and a half hours, give or take a little bit. Kind of a bit of a contrast from the five K no limbit that we saw to kick off the beginning of the series. Just in that tournament, you know, much more slower play, a bit of a better structure. You know, this one is it's kind of crapshooty at the end, which is fine. You know, you got to get through almost twenty thousand players and get to a winner in a respectable time, so it's fine. But there was a lot of excitement right out of the gate. There was fireworks. There was a three a all in double ko at one point. I mean, there's just crazy stuff at this final table. If you missed it, you can find it on pokergot dot com. This one was exclusively on PokerGO dot com, so go check it out if you missed it. It was a bit of fun. We had Michael Wilklow winning the million dollars. Michael Oscevedo took home second place five hundred and sixty three thousand, Daniel Strelitz a third place for almost four hundred and thirty thousand dollars, and he almost won another million inside because he has this the club WPT gold Golden Pass and this is one of those tournaments as part of the promotion that he could go on to win it. Now, I do find it a little bit weird they're picking piggybacking off of the WSP. It's kind of like, can't you guys go do your own thing? In a way, also had representative year that showed up with a giant golden check, like like that was ever gonna fly. I mean it just seems. The reason why I bring this up is because you know, you and I have talked about how it's kind of like this at least, it started, as I would say, a cold war between the WPT and the WSOP, right, they were doing that whole battle in over December, you know, cold war and the fact that it was a little bit quiet behind the scenes. Also the fact that it took place in the winter time, you know. But now it's like front center. I mean, it's like it's kind of just it's very very interesting to just watch it all play out. So I don't know what they had planned for that gold check. I don't know if they were going to like storm the stage and like give it to them like I have that's probably going to do thought that that's what they might do, Yeah, because you can definitely tell from their social media accounts that they're really.
Speaker 2: About, you know, machine things that can go viral.
Speaker 1: You know, not that anything in the world can ever go viral, like it's guaranteed, right, but you can obviousally do the right things to give something the best potential, And that would have been a good potential, like a video clip of them like running up on stage with a million dollars. I mean, that would have been pretty good.
Speaker 2: Maybe some like gold glitter cannons.
Speaker 1: And they just fire them off from this God knows what would happen. But anyway, I wonder how many people have those those gold passes. Yeah, but you're not playing any of those tournaments, so you don't You literally don't know yet how many people have them. Is it like, well you have to is it more like twenty or is it more like two thousands.
Speaker 2: It's more like twenty as of right now. There are definitely ways to win it. You can play a bunch of these sweet points free rolls to earn them. I think if you just final table or there's certain basically like there's different qualifiers to get them, and you can there's also some other promotions with their ambassadors. But yeah, I would say maybe twenty thirty people might have them now. But as these free rolls kick in and people stop playing, and more and more people are gonna earn the little golden tickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I was just trying to think about, you know, what's like the real risk for them, you know, because obviously a ton of people have them. The risk is greater if if not so many people have them. The risk isn't so great. But they did fade this first one. Dane Australia. It's busting in third place. You had Sean Huang out in fourth for three hundred and thirty thousand, Elliott campon two hundred and fifty five k for his fifth place finish, and then Wesley Faye and Linda and go Linda, no sorry they so Wesley took sixth place for one ninety seven, Linda took seventh for one to fifty four. But they busted on the same hand. Yeah, this was a jam in early position. I think was under the gun from Wesley for quite a bit of chips. I think he had around fourteen big blinds. Fifteen big blinds. He just jammed Ace King suited. Thought that would be, you know, a standard raise. It got over to Oscevedo in the small blind who found two ten. He made the call and then Linda Snap called all in with Ace Queen suited, so three way all in out of nowhere the tens hold for Ocevedo. Wesley had more chips than Linda, so he was able to finish one place higher and get some more prize money. There Jeffrey Hong finished in eighth place. Michael Marx got ninth place. Jeffrey Hong and Michael Marx both busted before today's live stream, but still final table runs for them. Yeah, the winner in a six hundred dollars deep sack tournament six thousand and ninety entries. This was up from the year before in a pretty big way, as Tim and I talked about on the last episode, fifty two to seventy one last year, sixty ninety this year, and it is Kenneth Kim who took it down for almost three hundred and nineteen thousand dollars. I did think that was cool that they were playing the other room ad horseshoe, and when they got down to the final table, they moved them up to the main stage. You know, the Mystery Millions was already done. There you go, you can think.
Speaker 2: Put them on the out of the table, said why we got we got the big dog up here.
Speaker 1: And I did hear some of them, you know, comments at like after they busted out, or maybe while they were on break or whatever, just being like it's cool to play up here.
Speaker 2: Every okay, not everybody. So I want to say six of the players as they were getting USh it into the main stage. They came up to the end where the kind of the jib is and the tournament directors like, okay, what's your name? You know, Gary, Okay, your seat four, whatever it was, and all of them had their cameras out now, all filming like a walk like it was like the UFC walking up into their seat. Had one guy asked me for pictures. I took some pictures of him. They all sat down. They they loved it. They were I would say rowdy, you know, compared to what we might normally see up there. I want to say it might have been the biggest rail we've had all summer at some points. I know we were only four or five days in, so it's going to get bigger. But they had lots of family and friends, all your him on. It's a Seaxon hundred dollar buying of course.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's their their time in the spotlight. They're fifteen minutes of fame and getting up being able to play. I cannot speak tonight. I'm I'm so tired of something funny being able to play up there on the main WSP set. Now I know the camera's on on and it's not streaming, but still that is iconic and those players are going to remember that moment forever. The ten K Mystery Bounty Final table. I believe they bagged with five. Can you tell me what's going on?
Speaker 2: I saw some of them leave. I don't know if that means they would.
Speaker 1: Well, I saw I saw some people walking out, yeah, with bags, so that would tell me that they bagged it up. And we don't hear a lot of commotion going on over there, so I think that they're done.
Speaker 2: It is pause. Five left. James Mendoza. He is the chip lead at ten point six million, if these chip counts accurate, Alejandro Pinado, I think is how you said? Six point nine million, Yosa Fox four point seven, Richard Green four point six million, Patrick Kennedy four point two. So we just lost world champion Joe Cattera seventh, Miles Malali in eighth, Jordan Siegel in ninth, Michael Manchak eleventh, Taylor Paul twelfth, Christian Roberts fourteen. So a lot of big names fell short of the third and final day.
Speaker 1: That ten K Mystery Bounty Final Table will play out on Tuesday, So Tim and I will wrap that one up and talk about the winner once that one is complete.
Speaker 2: It is pretty crazy. I know you touched on the top of the show that the biggest bounty because we discussed it yesterday regarding the Mystery Millions, and yeah, reservings maybe the second biggest bounty for the fun table, but this one has the biggest, Yeah it does. And like I was over there at one point, I think it was eight hand and Miles was still in had a couple of friends on the rail, Jeremy Becker, Nick Seward, Frances Anderson, David colem and they were discussing the value of each chip relative to what's left in the bounty, just because there's so much up left. You know, there was over three hundred and eighty thousand I think at that point selling bounties, which is inside to get through. You know, ninety three people are in the money, so they've already given out what eighty eight eighty, you know, seven bounties, and yet the biggest one remains.
Speaker 1: I know, it's wild. You know the in the Mystery Millions, you know those two million dollar bounties were ripped off within the first hour and a half two hours here and get all the way through. The two fifty k is still remaining, so that's going to be a fun sweat for the final five on Tuesday. Another final table with five players left is the fifteen hundred dollars no limit Duce to seven single draw. Hanlu, Brad Ruman, Jun Wang, Yuki Zoo Aka Rich Zoo, and Brian Yun are the five players remaining. They are all guaranteed a little bit over twenty nine thousand dollars. There is more than one hundred and thirty eight thousand dollars up top like that ten K Mystery Bounty final table. These guys are going to come back on Tuesday. They're going to play on down to a winner.
Speaker 2: Very early finished tonight. They got down to five at about nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: So why didn't they just play?
Speaker 2: Structure sheet says back them up for five?
Speaker 1: See, okay, these structure sheets they need to change? Is this now? At probably at some point it said that because of streaming, Yeah, you can't just copy and paste it every year, right it should They should just change all of them to say, like you know, day two or whatever, the second to last day is, like the end time is, like you know at the discretion of the tournament operators or something like and then put that line that says, if this elects to get selected for streaming, you know this the schedule could change or something like that. You know, just leave it open ended, because you get these these tds and stuff and they're like, oh, okay, stop it five. Stop at five. I mean it could be five pm. They like, stop it five y So.
Speaker 2: You know, obviously the TD's were consulting with us because there was so much going on today and they you know, we streaming this, et cetera. Obviously we weren't going to some of the involve Brad Rubin, Brian, You and Yuki Zoo. I think they were, you know, strong candidates to play the ten K Dealer's Choice. Yuki especially said I really want to play that tomorrow, so can we keep playing. But because of the way the truct sheets written, if one person objects, If one person objects and one guy was kind of tired and he says, let's come back tomorrow, it is no limit douce. They were deep, but it is no limit douce. So we may have only played another couple of hours. And the fact that it was so early, I think you know, like you said, there maybe needs to be a tweak in the structure sheets next year.
Speaker 1: You just got you got to make you gotta change that. Yeah, you gotta change that, all right. So that'll finish out on Tuesday, and Tim and I will wrap that one up as well.
Speaker 2: As twenty five K Fantasy sweat, said you, Yuki Brad Rubin all drafted twenty five K Fantasy. It's going to have some I.
Speaker 1: Mean, of course, it's like every tournament has a sweat. So you know, you can't you can't be freaking out. You can't be stressing out too much about what's going on because you know, like I said, every tournament's probably going to have a sweat in it as it relates to fantasy.
Speaker 2: So you know, no, big I definitely got Jamie Beckettson wants to side Bak.
Speaker 1: He does still want a side of me. He continues to call me out. I'm gonna have to just take him up on it at some point.
Speaker 2: But whatever.
Speaker 1: The guy just, you know, just got a bigger mouth than I could ever imagine. The fifteen hundred dollars six max no limit hold them kicked off today. The twenty five thousand dollars no limit hold them. Slash Plo high Roller kicked off today and that one is a brand new event. And then also the fifteen hundred dollars Mixed Omaha started today. So first up out of that trio, let's hit on the fifteen hundred dollars six max NL two thousand, three hundred and fifty four entries down slightly down about what one seventy from last year. Last year had two thousand, five hundred and twenty six. They are in the money. They got in the money a couple hours ago. There is more than four hundred and fourteen thousand dollars up top. Any notables making some names. I walked the field not too long ago. I saw Johnny Vibes, Johnny Marine was in there. I saw Tristan Wade was in there. I saw Joe McKeon was in there. Jesse Sylvia was in there. I saw our guy Uri Reichenstein was in there. But then I also saw him watch a pot or lose a pot as I walked by. So I don't know if he's still in there, but lots and lots of big names. Jeremy Becker speaking of he was still in there. I think David Coleman was also still in there, so.
Speaker 2: So yeah, chip leader wise, no few notable Sandy Pulasani, Aaron Massey, David Funkasa, Michael Letch and yeah they all have top forty chip stacks, but a lot of names I didn't recognize here, So I could see interesting development with how and that plays down Jeremy Beck of sixty ninth and chips thirty three big blinds. There we go.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, this one's a three day tournament, so tomorrow or Tuesday, I gotta fix that.
Speaker 2: I always do that.
Speaker 1: So on Tuesday they're going to play down to I mean, they'll try and get to a final table. If not, you know, they'll company probuth at five. Well they won't go past five, how about that? We wait on that for sure. All right, So there's that that'll that'll finish out in a couple of days. But we'll keep our eyes on that one. The twenty five K no limit holding them slash PLO. I'm gonna need you to look this one up. Last I checked, they had one hundred and seventy eight entries. Registration is open until two fifteen pm local time on Tuesday. How many are they up to?
Speaker 2: One hundred and seventy eight entrants.
Speaker 1: Are they done for the day?
Speaker 2: Seventy players remaining? As you said, you got two hours and a break for registration tomorrow. Chip later, Steven mustacheless.
Speaker 1: Chill, what's up with that? Huh?
Speaker 2: You know what he saw me during USPO. He's like cand of compete with this. I got to cut it off. So cut it off, simple as that. No, he's he's gone to the more normal you know, small beard, very surprised, second and chips, Jared Buznik fourth in chips, sewn Dave fifth in chips, Bryce Yucky and one of our favorites in twelfth, Sweet lou Gaza. Where's Jeremy eighteenth? Okay, ninety one, big blonde? Here he go. He's doing pretty good.
Speaker 1: And then let's go and hear Jeremy Osmas.
Speaker 2: A lot of names we reckon. I'm trying to see if anyone stands out. O carry Kats got into Seth Davies thirty two big blinds.
Speaker 1: Oh, he busted, so he must have reentered.
Speaker 2: So let's re entered. Brian rass randing out the seventy players with one big blind. Ok So he must have lost a hand in the final, maybe the final hand of the night and might see him Boston Riento.
Speaker 1: So this tournament is brand new for this year. Welcome to audition. I think you and I both really loved seeing it on the schedule. I know a lot of the big bet players obviously loved seeing this one on the schedule. All the high rulers loved it. I am a little bit surprised at the turnout. I thought it was for sure draw over two hundred to start and then you know, go up from there, get a bunch of those late registrants to come in. So obviously there are still going to be a bunch of late registers. I just thought that we would see over two hundred on day one, and I thought this one would would just challenge the twenty five k no limit, just because I just feel like anything that has to do with PLO is just super hot right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I've been thinking a lot about this event. I was like, you think it was going to be quite quite large. Now as we walked around, we didn't see those omaha euros that we were kind of expecting, and I started to thinking about it a bit more. And what my theory is that you know, these guys are playing these events and they think that, you know, if I'm a no limit guy, even though I'm going to give up a bit of an edge in the PLO to the PLO players, I think I have enough edge in the hold them and so forth. So that's why we see some of these one game phicionados in it on day one. Now, if your no limit game is maybe slightly weaker, but your PLO game slightly stronger, maybe us thinking, you know what, I'm going to save my entry until day two, so they think, you know, I think we will see quite a few late entrants tomorrow. Obviously, you got players in the six max that you mentioned that, you know, like the David Coleman's of the world that kind of flirts with both probably thinks he has a pretty big advantage in No Limit over some of these guys, so he'll probably jump in late if he doesn't make a run in the six max. But that's kind of my theory. My theory is that I think we'll see quite a lot of late entrance for this, just so they can play, you know, less game, less hands of games than not as strong in So I mean, if you're out there listening to pod. You know, I mean, you can correct me if I'm wrong, but that is my kind of theory with this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't I don't disagree with that, you know. Obviously we'll keep our eyes on it and see how large this field grows. Certainly going to go up over two hundred and then we'll see how big it goes from there. Again, registration is opening in that one until two point fifteen pm on Tuesday, and then Tim and I will continue to track that one as we go. The fifteen hundred dollars mixed Omaha, now this one big, big, big increase from last year. Big last year at eight hundred and fifty three entries, this year twelve hundred and thirty nine. Yeamn, I mean that's nuts. That is a massive Yeah, yeah, that's that's just an absolutely wild jump. But again, like this, it just it just tracks in terms of Omaha. Omaha is hot, like Omaha is the thing, and that's just what keeps on growing and growing, growing and producing these massive field size. So twelve thirty nine and the fifty dollars mixed Omaha one hundred and eighty six paid two hundred and fifty eight thousand, dollars up top.
Speaker 2: What do you got for me? I cannot I got nothing because this is the one kind of glitch about the app is when they start the day two times, I don't push the chip counts of us. So it's just everyone knows there are big lines. They can't really give you much information. Great, Yeah, from the app, alight up the trust the favorite Here my boys over boys and girls over at poconues. So you see some chip couns I've I mean, I guess.
Speaker 1: This is a natural segue to get into I have some Apple thoughts.
Speaker 2: This is this is great. I can't wait. Okay, huh, I can't wait to read these chip counts out.
Speaker 1: No, go read the names out and then I'll get into my app thoughts.
Speaker 2: Okay. Chip Leader James Andy McLeod ops born to sixty thousand, Ryan la Ponte second and Chips three thirty five, the legendary Sammy thirty and Chips three hundred and ten thousand. We got Caleb Firth Bruno, Yeah, Caleb Firth here, James Woods tenth and Chips, Jeff Madison's eleventh and Chips our boy, one of our besties, Ben Ludlow sixteenth and chips. He's making some runs. This world series hasn't it isn't really but he needs not bubble, but he's making it. Speaking the run, he's having it. He's having it.
Speaker 1: Allowed to say he's making runs if he's not actually making a run day one but.
Speaker 2: He's making No, he's not an they let me say on onesday. I thought that made Then I have.
Speaker 1: Like these weird rules. Okay, you can't say somebody's deep if they're not actually deep.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, they're like fifty from the money, but.
Speaker 1: You also, like, you're not making a run.
Speaker 2: It's sixteenth chi.
Speaker 1: Even if they get into the money in a three day tournament, you have to be like halfway through day two, okay to like make a run. In my opinion, like you can't just like, oh yeah, I'm making a run. I'm the levet free chip leader.
Speaker 2: You know, done works and he has like ops and stuff and he has a little track of we need to producer rich so have Donnie's rule, and then like right, that was Donne's rule. Yeah. Some other names with chips mentioned. Benlaw Rowland is for.
Speaker 1: Ash Control f John Shortman.
Speaker 2: No, woa, what wait, maybe this's two pages.
Speaker 1: That that's that's also tilting the pageification of this chip compangy.
Speaker 2: I mean, what do we keep it to? You don't like to break it down? The no, it's ridiculous. Yeah, he has zero chips.
Speaker 1: He must Maybe he's in the the other one, the twenty five K.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I thought he was somewhere with a healthy stack or whatever. Let me get into my app thoughts, because I was walking through some of these tournaments today and one of the things dawned on me. The dealers are still yelling floor. Can't we just press a button on the app and it pings all of the iPads for the floor people, and it shows up on the table. When I was out in the floor for maybe ten minutes walking around, I heard four or five floor calls, Okay, almost all of them. I think only one said the table number. They're obviously supposed to say floor, you know, table whatever, eighty three, And then they say floor the floor y else where?
Speaker 2: What table?
Speaker 1: You know? So it's like, well, but there was just a button you could press on the iPad that's on the table and then it just pings the other iPads. Like why isn't this a thing?
Speaker 2: I think people are just used to saying floor, right.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you can say floor, But eventually they're gonna get they're gonna get trained, you know. I I think that the dealers have really picked up the app very well, like they're all using it, like they're all picking it up.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of them that I've seen like, yeah, maybe they're like still kind of learning and going through it, but they pick it up very quickly. You know, it's not it's not that hard.
Speaker 2: The end thing I've seen with the app is that you know, I'm not sure what the rules are here, but are they supposed to do chip counts on break? We have saying a lot of you know.
Speaker 1: I think it's been about like seventy five to eighty five percent of the time they do the chip counts on.
Speaker 2: The break because we're saying, you know, on this main stage, we don't have the iPads up there, but you know, we've moved tables up in the you know, there has been chip counts forgotten. I'm like, oh, yeah, we should put them in tell the floor to you know, add them. So I don't think that is uh ingrained in the process yet that ship count pop. But I'm assuming, you know comes.
Speaker 1: That's also one of those things where when they go on break, you know, the floor just needs to announce hey deal.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: And I've heard that a couple of times, but it's not like it's a constant message. So the definitely need to work on that.
Speaker 1: But I think the flour calls could be on there, you know, you ping the they everyone's iPad gets pinged shows what the table number. And then also they could kind of be like if there's let's say there's six table calls at once, flour calls at once, like the app automatically orders them, so, you know, right, so it's like, Okay, I gotta go over here first, I got to go over here second, like all that sort of stuff. So I think that that is is a good thing. The second thing has to do with those chip counts that you just mentioned. Poker News should just assign someone to just take the chip counts that are updated in the app and update their own chip counts. There is a massive, speaking of the word massive, massive discrepancy at times with what's on Poker News for the chip counts and what's updated and in the app. I was looking at the fifteen hundred dollars six max and there was multiple players. They were into the money late on day one, multiple players having you know, between let's say six hundred and fifty k and seven hundred. Now on Poker News, the biggest stack was not even above five hundred, which told me that they probably went on a break the dealers in the six hundred did the update, so because obviously they have much more chips now, right, but Poker News is still far behind. Poker News should just be updating on those. So like maybe on a break you pull them in. Maybe you have one of your shadow editors who isn't even on site, just go through and just update them like whatever it is. Maybe you just have you know, the developers, just build a feed to just pull the chip counts when they get updated, you know, something like that. Because this is what I'm going to when we were talking about yesterday is how can you use the app to make you better at your job? This is one of those ways I.
Speaker 2: Think we discussed a bit. I don't think Poker News in WS plus side on a partnershit, whether it'd be like an auto integration about the live updates.
Speaker 1: I mean, you don't need an auto integration. You can still do it other ways. I mean, I'm just saying, like this is this is it's information that's out there, it's coming through the app, so you should just populate your live updates website with that information like that. It's just very simple, you know. I don't know why there has to be massive discrepancies between the chip couns on both places, you know, like it just it would only make sense. And if you are Poker News, it makes you look better, sure, yeah, like it makes you look up to date. You know, you don't you don't want people out there saying like, oh, you have to go to the app and said you can't go to Poker News, Like that's what you don't want. You know. Well, if you just you know, stay on top of it, you know, and do this sort of thing, then I think it can only you know, make your product better because the app doesn't have I know, the app has like that story section right where people can put their stuff in, but the app doesn't have like written hand histories you know, from the writers and what not. So you still have a leg up in that regard. And I do think that the app or sorry that Poker News is still more widely known to the public viewing from the outside. You know, the people here obviously have the app. Yes, but you know, so that's just you know, kind of one one thought there, or what two thoughts? You know, One was the floor call. I think you just put it in the app, and then two I like the fact that or I would I would lean on the app a bit more, right, you know, I would almost probably just like assign one person and be like, hey, your job today is just update via this thing. And then as the summer goes, whoever that is is just getting better and better and better at it. They're constantly updating, and you could have one person because you know, every tournament goes on break every two hours, right, so now let's say it two thirty, you got one tournament going on break. At three o'clock, get another tournament going on break. So it's like you kind of always have constant work throughout the day. You just bounce around from the different tournaments and update the chips. So those are my thoughts there. What do you think, sir? You probably don't even care, but it's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fine, don't quite anyway, Yeah, can you please explain to me this hat. Well, remember I did say we're going to mix it up. You know, you got mad at me for wearing the same glasses a couple of times in a row. Don't have that many. But I said I'll bring something new. I wear something new every day, so this is my new thing. It's a new red hat. I think it's not going to last more than a day.
Speaker 1: And tell the people why. I know why, but I want you to tell the people why.
Speaker 2: I walked in the day wearing this and people thought I was wearing Not that I have anything against making America great again, but they thought I was.
Speaker 1: Wearing You better say that we're going to kick your ass off you that's for sure.
Speaker 2: An eagle picked me up by the talents and throw me, throw me across the border. Yeah, they thought it was a Marga hat. And you know, I don't have anything against Trump or anything. But then I was like, oh, yeah, that's the red Yeah. I just wanted a red hat, and I wanted the word dalon across.
Speaker 1: I mean, anytime anyone sees a red.
Speaker 2: That's I think it's Today is probably the end of the day. It's going to get one, and I'm probably gonna retire it. There's someone that actually in mind that wants it. Some might actually just give it. Damn. So it's probably the last time you're going to say it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm coming up tomorrow or sorry today. I get so mad at myself when I make those stupid.
Speaker 2: Areas going to sleep though, So to me, it's still tomorrow, sep. I know, I know that's the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also I need to this is something that even not even this summer, but past summers, because I know that this is going to be listened to good tomorrow. Yeah, so I should say today so that the people out there are like, oh yes today, right.
Speaker 2: I just I think they're pretty smart.
Speaker 1: I understand that we have very smart listeners. I'm totally with it. You know, you, You and I are the idiots. Like everyone out there is very stretch for yourself. Look at look at the hat you're wearing. Okay, okay, look at the hat you're yes you look you look at a stone cold moron. Okay, all right, Tuesday, we got a six hundred dollars plo deep stuf act. That's gonna be bananas here, absolutely bananas in here. You've got a two K no limit hold them. That's gonna be pretty fun tournament. That's also going to be bananas.
Speaker 2: Yes, you've catched that one, right, Yeah, I'm playing it again.
Speaker 1: This is no I can't. I got I got commentary on Wednesday of Venetia got it, so not gonna be doing that. And then you got the ten K Dealers Choice Championship, so that one will be that one. That one's the big Guns, and then I mean, I guess you can count the the twenty five k Nolan Holmes Slash po high Roller because late reg does roll through for a couple of hours on day two, so that those are all the tournaments that people can get into. And yeah, it's it's gonna be a big day. You know, it's it's now we're in the in the part of the series. You know, you have those first few days when it's it's kind of slow, it's kind of picking up. It's kind of picking up, you know, every single day. But now there's like there's five, six, seven tournaments running. There's tournaments in all different sections of the room, all the rooms, you know, there's multiple final tables happening, like all this sort of stuff. Slow, We're in it, Okay, I do feel like it is been extremely efficient, you know, I just feel like I feel like this app thing is just really working out. Another thing about the app is what I was thinking today is there was an interview. I don't even know where it was from. It I want to say it was from WSP, but they were talking, oh somebody. They were talking to Jamie Gold. I think he brought up the app. Is the story of the twenty twenty five WSFP the app?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 1: Okay, Now do you want it to be the app? If you're the operators, shouldn't the story be something that happens at the series, like Daniel mcgroni winning so and so winning Player of the Year, so and so winning the like whatever it is, Like, do you want like in ten fifteen years, like when we look back on it, we'd be like, oh, yeah, that was the year they brought the app. Not that it's not a part of the story, right, you know. It's just I don't know if it should take all like the headlines all the time, or the talking points, and I think we are talking about NonStop.
Speaker 2: I think it matters about how the app is viewed in a few years, Like how positive is the app? You know, we're talking very positive.
Speaker 1: Going to be like big blind Ante where we're like, I can't believe we didn't have this thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or is it going to be ready for it? If you and I remember this, Remember the Poker Peak cards? Remember those we had those ridicul on the corners the next big thing?
Speaker 1: How can you put the peak cards?
Speaker 2: Finish? What was wrong with? Let me finished? My point is I'm saying that we all think the app is great, and at that time people all thought the Poker Peek cards were great.
Speaker 1: No they did. No who thought that they were great?
Speaker 2: Love because you're an idiot. But what I'm saying is, you know, how will the app be viewed in a few years. If it's viewed positively, right, then for sure it's for sure going to be viewed and we'll say, yes, that's the year of the app. Oh, like I think it has to be very polarized, you know, like talk about Friday. We said, yeah, that was the year like Friday happened. So depending how that goes, and it seems like it's going to be pretty positive. Yeah, and I think that's not a horrible thing. You know, even if Ivy wins another bracelet, and Phil wins another brace or something when we do like the retrospective in ten years, you know, twenty twenty five will be launch of the WP plus app and Phil helm with one bracelet number this, and Phil Ivy one bracelet number this, etcetera. And I don't think that's bad from an operator because it shows, you know, that they're growing as a company. The game's evolving, the way players interact with WSP and you know in the tournaments and CE updates is all evolving. So I don't think it's a bad thing if that is the number one story at the end of this year or this.
Speaker 1: Decade, Chip tick Man Watch. I think it was just too well.
Speaker 2: Bring back the poker peak because it was it was ahead of its time.
Speaker 1: I like you should find it. You should find a deck on Oh my god, you should bring those in for our flips that we do bring the poker peaks in.
Speaker 2: No, I can't ruin those.
Speaker 1: Find one on eBay or something.
Speaker 2: You're probably going to be like you say, thousands of dollars.
Speaker 1: It's research and development just invo.
Speaker 2: Oh man, if we could have a research we would be busted.
Speaker 1: This something you said whatever kind of triggered another question in my mind, I was. I looked at the clock for the fifteen six four. I looked at the clock for the fifteen dollars six max, and it's said E at number thirteen. So I started thinking, you know what, at what point, like what event number? Are you kind of worried that we're not going to get Like I mean you're a Phil Helmuth fan, like like are you is it like event thirty and like Helmet hasn't done anything or you're just like what the heck is helping doing?
Speaker 2: Gone cash? No?
Speaker 1: I know, but like on the I'm saying when I say done, something like something big, like we have Negrony Sweat right on Tuesday, like he's in the final five, Like so you know when is it like like okay, the way that I look at it as it relates to twenty five K fantasy Jeremy Osmas, right, we spent a boatload of money on Now. I think he's going to be fine over the course of a one hundred event schedule that last seven weeks, you know, but he only has two min cashes so far, SOT, Like, at what point do you say, like, okay, it's just not his summer, Like it's just not working out this year, right, Like, is it like event forty? Is it event like seventy? Is it event twenty?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: You know kind of, I thin.
Speaker 2: Guess when the main event when we basically hit July, because you got the main event obviously, and you have only a handful of events following that. Now obviously, hey, look fill home with could break every event to the main event winner, and you know it's a busy, but you obviously still are never drawing dead at the World Series of Poker, got events up until the final day. But I think you know, once you hear it turned you know, once the calendar turns over to July, you're having a pretty bad summer. You're going to be considering, I kind going to play the main and then that might be it because you know, it's just not my year. You're not going to come back next year. So I think, yeah, I think July is when you start kind of thinking about that stuff.
Speaker 1: Did you see this thing about Jesse Loonis and like he's like sixteen to one to win the main event or something.
Speaker 2: It seems yeah, true, odds, I think that's pretty pretty locked in, true, bro, it's Jesse loonis dead on favor.
Speaker 1: I mean, first of all, Jesse said something along the lines of like what did he what did he say? Poker News didn't interview Jesse lawns, And then they said that's what we call a steel. I mean, are they joking? They also said should be ten to one if you ask us if anyone on Poker News wants to book it. Happily, you and I were going into business. We are bookmakers.
Speaker 2: Now I'm thinking Jesse's side.
Speaker 1: Okay, we can book it for whatever you want, infinite money, what like, we got.
Speaker 2: A couple bucks in my my wallet. I mean no, I mean, look, he's just riding the heat up, just letting, He's just riding the aura. The Jesse loonis aura. Right now. We obviously know that's not the true odds.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just it's simply outrageous that those odds. You know, of course you did.
Speaker 2: Of course you're putting right here on the table with us.
Speaker 1: Lovely, absolutely lovely. All right, Well, we've been rambling for a little bit too long and we need to get out of here. Is now past one am on Tuesday morning, so we're gonna wrap this one up for Tim Duckworth. My name is Donnie Peters and we will talk to you guys next time, so you
Speaker 2: Expres