Speaker 1: It's nice eyes.
Speaker 2: Une Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: Just take a minute here if I can, at the top of this hour to pay tribute to a nightside listener for many years a friend of mine from New Jersey, Hank Hank Papoor, who lived a very full life, was your quintessential New York, New Jersey guy who UH lived life to the fullest. Uh. He was involved as an insurance executive UH and later in his career had a very successful sports memorabilia store in Brown Mills, New Jersey. You can find that on eBay if you want just eBay, I guess eBay dot com U s p R for sports and Hank's cards. And Hank, who was a huge fan of everything New York. We had plenty of conversations, both my brother and I with him about why where we agreed and disagreed on certain things. But he also became a great night side listener and he would be texting me sometimes when I would let a call or go a little too long and cut him off, got him off, and he wanted Rob's job. He wanted to be my producer, I guess. But a year ago he had a medical seizure and had come back from that slowly but surely, and actually felt pretty good up until about a week or so ago and things went downhill fast. And so we lose listeners all the time in this business. And I think of some of my most memorable callers and friends who were loyal listeners of this program. But every once in a while one stands out, and Hank Purpora certainly did. And I just want to wish him. I want to wish his family, you know, you know, peace with what has happened. None of us get out of this place alive. I guess that's one lesson we can learn from all of this. And as David Brudnoy used to remind reminded us before he passed, it's always good to tell those who you are close to how much you love them, and whether they are family or friends, because sometimes there comes a point in time when you can no longer express that that sentiment to them face to face. Uh. And we certainly loved Hank Purpor of New Jersey, both as a listener, as an occasional caller uh and uh and as a quintessential New Yorker. And the jury, I mean, if they ever had cast a movie and they and they needed a guy to play somebody from New York in Jersey. It was Hank. And again our thoughts and prayers go to his family, and particularly to his son Jim, who will carry on the family business. But the world is is a poor place. I mean, he had a great sense of humor, and he loved sending me trivia questions and challenge my my knowledge of any sport. And he was a He was a great friend. I wish I had known him earlier in my life and had spent more time in contact with him, But we had a good three or four years. And rest in peace, friend, Rest in peace you You you ran the marathon, and and you you smiled a lot more than you cried, that's for sure. And a lot of people are crying for you tonight and flear in a far better place. So I don't do that often for listeners, but he was a special guy, and I thank you for allowing me to do that. Now. I want to get back to the topic we're talking about, and I think this is an important topic. You know, I often try to challenge my audience. Could I could do topics here every night of the week, you know, tell me your favorite pizza, tell me your favorite color. We sometimes do those sort of lighter topics on a Friday at eleven o'clock or a Friday night at ten o'clock, but this is one that the president elect has issued an ultimatum. This is what this is on truth social basically said to Hamas, and I guess to ran As Will from Long Island, I think astutely pointed out if the hostages are not released prior to January twentieth, twenty twenty five, the date that I proudly assume office as President of the United States, be all hell to pay in the Middle East, and for those in charge who perportated these atrocities against humanity. That's directed to Hamas. In my opinion, those responsible, and here's where iron comes in, will be hit harder than anybody has been hit in the long and storied history of the United States of America. Release the hostages, now, that is a very strong statement. Now, if this strong statement were to work, and AMAS were to decide to release those hostages, I think it would be remembered as a brilliant, brilliant challenge. I'm not sure that Hamas will comply. And the reason I'm not sure they will comply is one they don't think they care. I don't think that they worry. I think that they see their role in this world quite differently than any of us can even understand. In view of what they did on October the seventh, they have no more compass whatsoever. Their only compasses for survival. And I suspect that the presence of some of the hostages still being alive is their ticket to tomorrow, because as long as there are hostages who are alive, we value the lives of everyone differently that Hamas values them. Hamas looks at these Israelis and Americans who are still in captivity as of chips in a war that, in their mind, will never end. So I don't think Donald Trump is going to get the concessions that he's looking for. I hope he does. So then the question is what happens if he does take that oath of office? What action does he take? So that's the question I'm asking. I think it was a brilliant idea to issue this this threat, this promise, and maybe Hamas will look at him and say, hey, we can't trust him. Let's ask for safe passage out of here. Let us get to a country which will allow us to live there, and we will reconstitute ourselves. That would be the way that I think a pragmatist within Hamas would be thinking. And maybe maybe there's some intelligence which suggests to us that that will strike a court. I don't know. My question to you is what do you think Donald Trump does if they don't release the hostages? And now it's day one, day two, day three, day four, day five of the second Trump administration. I think the President elect has kind of backed themselves into a corner where unless Harmast does something very significant, they will be able to turn around and say, hey, we would stood the we would stood the threat, and we're still standing. So the wisdom of the ultimatum, and it is an ultimatum, it's an or else ultimatum, there's no doubt about that. Now, again, he is not the president of the United States yet, but he will be. I think it's at this point forty six days maybe if I'm doing my math correctly, twenty five twenty six days left here in December, twenty days in January. That's it. That's it. That's the end of Biden Harris presidency, and it's the start of the forty seventh president, Donald Trump. So whether you like Donald Trump voted for Donald Trump, can't stan Donald Trump would never vote for Donald Trump. He has played a card here that maybe to work. I don't know. My question is do you agree with what Donald Trump did here? I don't think he broke any US law at all by suggesting this. He's just sent a message to Hamas. He's not negotiating with a foreign power. And what does he do? What does he do if Hamas does not comply? What does he do if that portion of the ultimatum or else is not fulfilled by Hamas? Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I'm hoping you'll think, and I'm hoping you'll join the conversation. We're back on Nightside right after a couple of very brief messages, So dial right.
Speaker 4: Now now back to Dan ray Line from the window World night Side Studios on WBZ the news radio.
Speaker 3: Back to the phones. We're go. I'm going to go to Joe and Lynn. Joe, thanks for calding through the news. You are next on Nightside. Did I miss Where's Joe? Let's put Joe on hold? If Joe's not there, he held through the news. Laurie is an idah, Oh, Laurie, how are you tonight?
Speaker 1: I'm doing well.
Speaker 5: Nice to have you back.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm happy to be back. I'm here tomorrow night, I'm off Friday, and then I'm here for two weeks right till the twentieth of December. So you're gonna have a lot of me if you want me, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Lord.
Speaker 5: So I'm kind of the opposite of back himself during the corner. I feel more like he's walked into the walking into the room, talking and carrying a big stick.
Speaker 3: Okay, So let's assume Hamas does the right thing and gives up the hostages. Even if they do it, do some sort of a deal whereby they're given free passage to another Middle Eastern country. I think he comes out looking pretty good. What happens if they don't and they say, hey, mister President, it's January twenty first, next move is up to you.
Speaker 6: What happens then, well, I can't believe that Trump and mister don't don't already have kind of a plan in that way, and maybe Pakistan wouldn't want any part of it and send them packing.
Speaker 3: Would you say about Pakistan?
Speaker 5: No, I wouldn't know, not Pakistan. Whose other I mean, who who's landed Hamas actually on?
Speaker 3: Well, well they're on what they call Palestine. Oh oh yeah, but it is is an area that is run by had been run by the Palestinian authoritys ousted them in an election earlier this century. Uh, and I think it was in two thousand and six if I'm not mistaken, and then they've never had another election. It's like they're in perpetuity.
Speaker 5: There's nobody that can really kick them off of where they're living.
Speaker 3: Then, well, who is talking about Israel? Israel would love to kick him off.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just saying that when when President Trump or President elect Trump used the phraseology here that those responsible have hit harder than anybody who has been hit anybody who has been hit in the long story history of the United States of America released the hostages. Now, I have no idea who he might Oh that.
Speaker 5: Could have been Iran.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, Well.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe they've Yeah, I don't know, but I just think he's I think he's making a little bit of a noise walking in the room. And if that goes away, before he gets in office. That will be one lest thing he has to deal with. And it also makes, you know, America look like it's being strong again. And I think it's good for Perozrael to know that they're being supported. And also all the family members that have hostages over there, alive or dead, have a right to know.
Speaker 1: What's you know, I.
Speaker 3: Guess to put it in simpler terms, he's setting a tone, Yes, a new tone. Hey, Laurie, let me ask you. Yeah, I believe that you did get the WBZ nightside tote bag from our friends at College Hype than I did for your kind of note today. I guess you'll like it.
Speaker 5: Well, I do it. Yeah, It's it's a really nice bag. And like I said, the handles are long enough that I can put it over my shoulder if I don't have it full of stuff. And I'll appreciate the little gift notes you said on the little the little the papers that the invoice to color packing with the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So since you've endorsed that, I think what I'm going to do is, uh, maybe give away another one or two tonight our friends at college Hype people if they're looking for Christmas gifts they can go to nightside gear dot com. They're on Nightside hooded sweatshirts and T shirts and uh and mugs.
Speaker 5: Oh, I've got to play. Sure, I've got I've gotten a huge shirts thanks to you. But it is a very good quality toe bag. It's very nice side and it's very good material.
Speaker 3: That's great. That's great. Well, you know, I'm sure some people and I who are gonna say, who is Nightside with Dan Ray?
Speaker 5: Let me tell you and you can get him on your irt radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got it. I knew that's why.
Speaker 1: Lauren.
Speaker 3: Great, great to your voice. I know we'll talk to you before Christmas, but yeah, i'd like we don't have a very merry Christmas and we will. We'll talk before the twentieth of December. Thanks Laurie, as always, thank you, appreciate it. All right, got a couple of open lines, folks, and again, if you call in from now on you may be gifted with a Nightside tote bag if you're interested in purchasing one. As they said, just go to knightside gear dot com. All proceeds go to support the Shadow Fund, which is the favorite charity of Nightside. Let's go next to Joe and Lynn. Joe, we had you, we lost you, and thank goodness you have come back. How are you tonight, Joe?
Speaker 2: Oh well, I'm doing the best I can. Wish me luck. I'm going to Dana Farbur a couple of weeks, but just wish me luck. I heard the commercial. I love that they were very the.
Speaker 3: Best medical hands. I think we're all very blessed.
Speaker 2: They were kind to me that They said to me, we don't blame you with alternative. We can discuss it. He says, you'll like the doctor when you meet him. They were kind to me. At least they're open minded. Dan and I hope. I'd love to buy one of those bags if I had to, but I can't use the website. I'm not that good of the website. Now, getting back to this, I think Trump should do it, not yet Yea who I can pronounce his name yah bomb pronunciation bomb Helmas out of existence, because that's the only way they're going to get rid of them. I mean, we may or may not lose the hostages, but first try and take down their structure. That he may have to do that. And because I heard net Ya who say that one time. He says they should be gotten rid of, and that's the price we pay, you know what I.
Speaker 3: Mean, Well, we're not paying that price the hostages would be paid.
Speaker 2: I mean that's that's unless we can get get rid of them without hurting the hostages. But I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that the hostages, however, many remain. However, many are still alive, and I think that the number of the maximum number would be one hundred because some have been rescued, a handful of rescued by Israeli soldiers died during the conflict, and some have died in captivity. The belief is one hundred at the outside. There were two hundred and fifty people taking hostage at the beginning, so they're down to forty percent of what they had. Yeah, I don't know that Hamas is going to rise to the occasion and do the right thing here, because I think, like anything else in a hostage situation, they are chips that Hamas might need to pay, need to play cards, they need to play, and I unless they're going to work a deal, I mean, what if Hamas said, look, give us safe passage for the leadership that's left your twenty five Hamas leaders, We get to go to the Arab Emirates or Cutter or somewhere that would take them, and we will leave the hostages for you to come and rescue.
Speaker 2: Oh well, Dan, I don't think that will work because no one wants those people. Am I correct? Is They're not like throughout the Middle East?
Speaker 3: Or I think that none of these countries wanted the refugee issues of all the Palestinians. I don't think that no country wanted to absorb that. But you might get a Cutter or a United Arab Emirates to say, Okay, we will take you know, twenty people or whatever. I think. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean the reason I say that because our people go over to those countries sometimes and visit. They have to be careful. I don't know. I don't think that's going to work any of.
Speaker 3: Those countries at this point. Joe, you have to be yea as an American. Look, you go anywhere in the world, and you have to be careful as an American unless you go to some country, and even if a country that's friendly.
Speaker 2: To us, well, I don't I don't know. That's may or may not work, But I don't know. I think that Trump has no choice but to do whatever he wants to do, and I hope he doesn't disappear. I hope he does it. And I did have a decent Thanksgiving this year. I visited my friend who invited me. But I'll probably be alone in Christmas. But that's the way it is, I guess, all right. That's the social work was very nice to me. He understood how I felt. I talk to you, and at least he's open minded. Now that's what you need.
Speaker 3: You know, absolutely, Joe. You've got a battle on your hands, but I think you're a tough guy and you're gonna win it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well I don't know how tough I am, but all right, thanks Joe, thank you, Bye bye.
Speaker 3: Let me go to Sidney. Gonna get Cindy and Fitchburgh in here. Cindy, you are next on night side. Get you in before the news at the bottom of the hour. How are you.
Speaker 7: That's wonderful, Thank you, thank you for having me. I'm okay hearing the ultimatum and taking it at face value. It's a It's a frightening thing to think about. And I think about my grandkids who are eleven and thirteen, who could read the quotes and take it even further. How do we how do we deal with this ultimatum? And how do we communicate this in a common way to those around us? How do we how do we help each other deal with this?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Care it's scary, but the world is a scary place. And you put yourself in the position of the families who have hostages there. I mean that have lived now what fifteen months or so fourteen and a half months, knowing that they're not knowing of the fate of their loved ones. The bad guys here are Hamas. It's not the Palestinian people, but it's Hamas who did this. Some of these hostages have been killed. And Donald Trump issued an ultimatum. And let me tell you, as one of our other callers said, once you're right the check, sometimes you have to pay the bills. So I don't know what he has in mind, but he certainly made it very clear that he intends to extract quite a price if these hostages are not released by January twentieth.
Speaker 7: So there's no common thought to go with this, is there. This is a fact, and this is.
Speaker 3: Stakes. Yeah, I mean, I mean, if they're released, the only thing I see is if you know, Israel has in the past traded up to one thousand inmates members of Hamas for one single Israeli soldier. I mean, that's the value that Israel puts on the lives of their citizens and members of their military. So maybe maybe Hamas reaches out and this is intended to break the logjam, and Hamas says, look, you give us free passage out of here. You know, twenty people, twenty five people, whatever leadership has left, and we will provide you give us free passage. We want to go to you know, pick a country, United Arab Emirates, Cutter, any of the countries in the Middle East, and we will have the hostages ready to be released as soon as we cross out of out of gossip.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't that be something what I said, wouldn't that be something?
Speaker 3: It would be and it would be something for Donald Trump to say, hey, it was it was his initiative. It's like a log jam now. But are they And again I think that everybody has focused for a long time on the Ukraine War, which is which is important. But I think what's going on in Israel is is critical.
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, yeah, yeah, I agree. Well, thank you for taking my call. I guess there's just no comforting way to think about this, and it is what it is, and I'm afraid of the worst case scenario. So time will tell.
Speaker 3: What's the worst case scenario in your mind?
Speaker 7: That that when Trump takes office, they will not have been released and he will unleash Holy hell.
Speaker 1: I guess that's what he said.
Speaker 3: That's the quote all hell to pay, There will be all hell to pay. You're right, and I believe him.
Speaker 7: I did not vote for him, but I believe when he says something like that, and that scares me. All right, well, thank you so much. I've never called before. I've listened for many years. I was in grade school listening to Larry Glick.
Speaker 3: You know, all right, well look, okay, you what sent you? Your first time calling Cindy. And since I'm in.
Speaker 7: A giving to get a bag, do I get a Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you gotta get a.
Speaker 7: Oh that's wonderful.
Speaker 3: Thanks at College Hype, Jack Dougherty and Kathleen Hickey and Joe Foley. Great great company. They produced all nightside gear. Just go to nightside gear dot com. You'll see the bag. You'll see hooded sweatshirts, T shirts, coffee mugs.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: If as a as a listener, if you're a longtime listener, as you say, you should have a piece of Nightside apparel so when you're out and about you you can show out it out proudly that that you listen to this. I want you to stay there, I want you to take you give your address to Rob a daytime phone number. Uh and we'll get that out in the next day or so. Uh.
Speaker 8: Christmas.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much, thank you, thank you, thank you so see. I got happy with this call anyway.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well Cindy, you keep listening to Nightside and become a regular caller. Okay, thanks very much. All right, we are up against the break here at the bottom of the hour, I may have one more Nightside talk bag to give away. You check it out, by the way, you can purchase one for yourself or for friends. Just go to nightside gear dot com. That is our website with College Hype, who have been so great to us over the years. Jack Dougherty and those people just incredible. They're a great company in Dorchester. Uh. They do quality work. And if you're in any sort of a group or an organization that needs you know, materials, shirts, jackets, they do high end as a matter of fact, they do jackets for all graduates of places like Harvard Business School, and they do you know t shirts for kids on Little League teams. Just a great, great organization and great people. And Cindy will get hurt black with white lettering nightside tote bag. Anyway, let us take a break. I got wide open lines if you want to give us a call, which would be great six one, seven, two, four, ten thirty six, one, seven, nine thirty. I think this is a great topic. You may not uh and ultimately your your thoughts are the ones that prevail here. I'd love to talk about this until midnight. Has Donald Trump written a check that he cannot cash, as I think Roger from Melrose suggested in the end of the ten o'clock hour, Or is this the sort of statement made by a different sort of president who's about to take office on January twentieth that might break the logjam in the Middle East and produce freedom for whatever hostages remain and remain alive. Let us hope so we will see You have the number six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. My name is Dan Ray. This is Nightside. Come on back. We'll be talking to you in a moment.
Speaker 4: If you die away, It's Nightside with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: Wow. That's that's not good news for the Austin Brighton neighborhood, is it now? Maybe we'll talk about that tomorrow night. Uh geez, that was a very interesting development. I haven't followed that closely, but wow. All right, back to the phones we go, gonna go next to our pal Gary in New Jersey. Gary, you were next on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Welcome Dan, Good to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Good to talk to you, my friend always to talk to someone from Jersey. Take it well tonight.
Speaker 1: Well, you know I am. I'm a conservative Jew.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I follow the laws down to the dietary laws. How I've done it for the last fifty years with my wife, I don't know, but I did good by you. What I'm saying though, See, I look at the opposite way. One. We're America. We've had a weak, lily livid president and administration that's almost openly hostile to Israel. Now there are only real solid allies. There can't count on the Saudies can't count on none of them. My feeling is not only should he write that check and doing the twenty five, but he needs to get a message to him. And I know this is just me. You know it's not going to happen, but in a world with the best of all things, I would take their why shoot them right along with them? To show any future terrorists not only aren't you going to get away with it, but your family's going to pay the price. I think if you did that one, yeah, that would be enough.
Speaker 3: I do that that that would be considered a war a war crime.
Speaker 1: So well, you know what, how come we always have to play by the rules, rules of engagement? Rules are this? Rules of that? Look, and I know what I said is hypothetical.
Speaker 3: I'm agreeing with you on rules of engagement because I think the rules of engagement often put our troops in unnecessary dudge. Absolutely, okay, we're with you totally on that. But I think that you know, if if let's say we went in at the night that they got Osama bin Laden, if we then went around and finished off everybody else in the house, I don't think that would have been a That's not well.
Speaker 1: I look at it. And again, if it's just my opinion, Dan, I look at it that if we did that, October seventh might not have happened. And that's the thing. They have to pay a higher price than what they did.
Speaker 3: And you know, but but you let me ask you this, Okay, should have we executed Nazipow's.
Speaker 1: What do you mean during World Well, they were soldiers. Do I think we should have executed SS? Absolutely? Absolutely? Do I think anyone who had anything to do with concentration we did?
Speaker 3: Of course, you know after the Nuremberg trials I'm talking about just should have we gone? Let me ask you this, should have we gone and executed the wives of the SS officers?
Speaker 1: Well, I got to be honest with you, if they enjoyed the spoils, I mean, would I really have cared at that time? And you know I wasn't there. I don't know. Would have really bothered me if we killed a Nazi leader at the camp comming down at Auschwitz and took his wife out because she enjoyed all those benefits, not at all?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, and I'm not trying to be cold. I'm not trying to be cold.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, but you are very consistent, and I disagree with you, you know, and I'm okay you immensely, but I do think that that we have a level of respect and honor in most parts of the world. Maybe not everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well one of the things though, you know, even what you said before, it's not the Palestinians full And I just leave you with this question. You grew up in Boston. I know that you went to that, you know, the Latin school, and I don't know where your kids went. But if a group of terrorists were using your children for shields, would you not try to get some of the other dads and moms together and say we got to arm ourselves because they're using art kids. I mean, I know if that was happening to me, I think I would do it.
Speaker 3: Don't do it there, I get it, I get it. I don't think it's it's to go after family members is a step that ever taken, because well, you know, but again that's a hypothetical. You raise it. I'm not trying to change your mind. I'm just telling you. I only the only thing that I really owe you, my friend, is my honest opinion. I really fine, okay, And and I will never patronize even someone like you, who I respect immensely. I know a lot about you too, your career, your military experience, and so you know I I respect. I just would say that, no, that would not be something that I think would be in our best interest. Gary, I got to keep rolling here.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: We're talking at holidays. Do you celebrate Monica?
Speaker 1: H we celebrate, but we got crucifixes and missus all over.
Speaker 3: Well, uh what we do? Happy Merry Christmas? Everything that you celebrate, my friend, it's.
Speaker 1: Damn right, it's married Christmas. I hate that happy holidays stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're we're, we're, we're we joined at the hip on that one. I just think that's that's weak stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, well, best to you and your family. You know you're the only one I listened to.
Speaker 3: Well. I appreciate that, I really do.
Speaker 8: I can't tell you.
Speaker 3: There are people around the country who I've gotten to know like you. You know, Laurie and Idaho, never met any of you. Hank in New Jersey, who I mentioned at the top of the hour, I got to know him really well. You would have loved the guy. I mean, he was, he was New York and New Jersey to.
Speaker 1: The court just like I can say New York and was busy digging my Christmas tree out.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks man, We'll talk to Gary. Okay, call me for before the end of the next week.
Speaker 1: Okay, talk to you well, Thanks buddy.
Speaker 3: Okay. I went a little along there with Gary. I got I got Paul, I got Christine, I got Mary. We're coming right back on night said, we're going to get everybody in. I got some open lines if you want to try, but I can't guarantee it, but I guarantee for Paul, for Christine and Mary. You're all set. We'll be back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 4: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Back to the phones we go. Let's go to Mary in Somerville. Mary, appreciate you calling in. You're next on Nightside.
Speaker 9: Oh, Hello, Hi, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 3: You're more than welcome. So what do you think about the president's ultimatum?
Speaker 9: Oh, I'm I hadn't heard about it, so thanks. I listened to you in the car a lot, and uh, I think it's I tend agree with the man who said, what's he going to do right now that Israel hasn't already done. But I think more than that, my feeling is the Tamas is not going to back down. You know, that's my instinct. I have no basics, have.
Speaker 3: Shown a much inclination and do that previously. I agree with you on that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and I don't. I don't get real frightened like a lot of my friends do about what's going to happen. But I worry that the Middle East is so angry at and not just you know, I mean the whole group of countries I can't name them all, at what's being done to the Palestinians that and this is like now be like the doom sayre. I feel like something like this might provoke them to say, okay, okay, let's it's time to show the Americans what this is like, because they've got plenty of war power, and you know it's we're we're funding this massive killing whatever you want to call it, whether you call it genocide or not. And so I worry. My main point is I worry that a statement like this, they're going to say, let's show Trump what we have and come to the United States, not just with terrorists, but with with you know, weapons of what, war planes and all that.
Speaker 3: I don't think that I don't think that's going to happen. Certainly there are terrorists who have committed the country and they could be they could the sleeper sales could be activated. But Europe, that's possible. Let us hope not, that's for sure. Mary, I got three more. I'm going to try to sneak in here. So thank you so much. Please continue to call the program.
Speaker 9: Okay, yes, thanks, have a great night.
Speaker 3: Let me go next to Paul in Plymouth. Paul, you next on Nightside right hit Paul Dan.
Speaker 8: I just want to I just want to bring up the fact that and in this case I agree with incoming president Trump. But in normal conditions, it seems that the incoming president shouldn't be getting involved in foreign policy before the outgoing presidents because you don't know what they've got going on. But I think in this case in the president administration is so ineffective that they might not have anything going on.
Speaker 3: So well, you know the old phrases that foreign policy differences stop at the shore, and that in the past. You know, look, if Donald Trump were to negotiate with a foreign government, that is way over the line that's not supposed to happen, but for him to make sort of a what he would characterize as a humanitarian plea to release the hostages with the implication that if they're you know, he's basically saying he arguably he could. He could be saying, look, I want them to be released during President Biden's time in office. That's why I'm asking this. He could, he could. He could spend this one pretty favorably in my opinion.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, Well, I would also add to that, you know, he should go one step further and say, say, you know, the people of Iran and uh, you know, rise up against the oppressors.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sure we're going to hear a lot of that, and I think that there are there are people in Iran who are ready to do that. Look, you they've had the Green Revolution and uh over time. Yes, there's a lot of people in Iran who are chafing at the at the treatment that they have received. I think that's a very astute observation. Paul, Thanks, I got two more. I'm going to try to sneak in here before the night is over.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, good night, Dan, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Paul, appreciate it. Let me go to Christine and den him. Christine, you're next on Nightsiga. Right ahead.
Speaker 5: How you doing, Dan, I'm doing great.
Speaker 3: Getting a little tight on time here, Christine, like to get you in one more in go right ahead, okay.
Speaker 9: I I am so terrified of all that that you know that this could oh god, it's scary to think what could.
Speaker 8: Happen, you know, Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 3: I think I'm more worried about Ukraine because I think that the you know, the you know again, I hope that Putin would not act crazy, but you never know, you just never know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm right now my nephew zubblin Germany starving with the army, and it terrifies me, it really, it terrifies me.
Speaker 3: Well, I think you're an intelligent person, and I think that that there's there's need to be concerned. But at the same time, what are we going to do about it? There's got to be something that we got to change the dynam in the Middle East in my in my opinion, that's for sure.
Speaker 9: Yes, I just hope he that he wants he's not gonna do something. You know, he's saying our hell could break lost.
Speaker 5: I hope it's not true.
Speaker 3: Yep, Christine, you're a very loyal nightside listener and a caller. Have you ever been bestowed a present from nightside or no?
Speaker 7: I have not?
Speaker 3: Well you ha. Now you're going to get a nightside tolke bag. You stay there, give Rob all the information I need and I want you to put that under the Christmas tree.
Speaker 9: Okay, thank you so much. If you're not doing it any Friday night, they have a not tree lighting at the German hommeyam.
Speaker 3: All olcome to com Yeah, no, I appreciate that. I actually am off, but I have a commitment on Friday night. Okay, we'll keep you posted. Thanks Christine, stay there. Rob will take you all the information for you. Okay. Last call of the night is Terry in Harwich.
Speaker 8: Terry.
Speaker 3: I only got about thirty seconds. Go ahead, Terry.
Speaker 10: Hi Dan, how you're doing doing great?
Speaker 3: Terry?
Speaker 9: How are you well.
Speaker 10: I'm recovering from some arm surgery that was pretty intense actually.
Speaker 3: But I'm sorry. I'm sorry, thank you.
Speaker 10: But I'm recovering, so that's good. I'm not an expert on the Middle East, but from my perspective, words matter. The whole world is watching. This is the president of elect of the United States of America. Now he's drawn a line in the sands. Yes, he's gonna have to happen one way or the other. I'm going to get a precedence for every single other terrorist and group out there. This is a very concerning situation.
Speaker 3: I hope he does the right thing. Terry, you know what I want to do. You're a special friend, and I'd like to get you a tell you Okay, now you hold on. Rob's gonna have to get your information as well.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 10: You are incredible and I hope you have the merriest Christmas ever to you and your family, and thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Welcome Terry, You're welcome. Thank our friends at College Hype College Hype dot com. Hang in there, Terry and Rob will take care.
Speaker 10: I am all right.
Speaker 3: Don't get a robe. Get all the information to the other callers. They wish it called earlier. But we're done for the night. We'll get back to all of you tomorrow night. I'll end as always. All dogs, all cat thank Robin. I'll thank Marita. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why Pell Charlie Rays, who passed fourteen years ago on February. That's where all your pets are past. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. See again tomorrow night on Night's side. Everyone, have a great Thursday. Everyone. See you on Facebook in just a couple of minutes