Speaker 1: Five oh five. But if you're not k r C the talk station Friday eight years.
Speaker 2: Some say.
Speaker 1: A vacation and that's the way.
Speaker 3: The news going it is, And wow, am I surrounded by a lot of news. Not that today is any different than the other day. Happy uh Friday Eve. Brian Thomas here inviting phone calls. There has always five one three, seven hundred eighty two to three talk or found five fifty on your AT and T phones. Uh, coming up with fifty five krcy morgans you one hour from now six oh five with Jack Windsor, editor in chief of the IOH Press Network and host of The Windsor Report. We're gonna be talking with Jack about medicaid fraud here in the state of Ohio. He's been following that issue very closely in his capacity as an investigative reporter for the Windsor Report. It's got a lot of information on it, and none of it is pretty I think we will be given a pretty clear picture of gross incompetence here in the state of OKAIOA when it comes to the waste, fraud and abuse going on to medicaid to the tune of about six billion dollars. Yeah, on that topic as well, coming in at seven thirty for a full hour. Ohio State Representative District forty five's Jennifer Gross. She's on the Medicaid board, so she probably has some answers to the questions and issues raised by Jack Windsor in the prior segment and one of the few Republicans that didn't vote for the budget. And of course it being Thursday, I heard media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe. We had a topic list that could last us an hour and a half with Jay today. So that's as I view that as a wonderful thing. I really enjoy our exchange every Thursday. Five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty eight hundred eight two three talk you care to call? Real quick word? Thank you to everyone that made it to Mattrie yesterday at Summit Park. What a cool location, free flictening to Matrie. It's a brand new facility, It's huge, and the beer is great. I knew the beer would be great because I'm a big fan of Mattree anyway, but wow, great surroundings, plenty of room, the food was great, the festivities, the fellowship, everything was fun. If you were there, I hope you had a good time, at least as good a time as I did. I try to make the rounds and interact with everybody. I'm not quite sure I was able to talk to everybody, but I try. And it was great seeing some new folks there. Every listener months we get some folks who've never been and always enjoy when when new people stop by. So great seeing everyone, and it's three in a row for me with cribbage Mike, I beat him yesterday.
Speaker 1: Oh that was fun.
Speaker 3: And thank you to his grandson who roots for me, although he did look a little bored. Garbage of Mike. If you're out there, I really enjoyed. It's the great seeing you and your better half as well as your grandson. Anyhow, all the things going on in the world, you got the battle between now Elon Musky and Donald Trump. Donald Trump not happy with Elon Musk, who's against the Big beautiful Bill because it spends two damn months. Donald Trump wants to eliminate the debt ceiling completely, scrap it. I'm not thrilled with that push. Personally. We spend too much, and at least it access some sort of check on government spending, not an effective one. I might add, but our elected officials don't like to vote to increase the dead ceiling because it puts them on paper, makes them they have to stare at themselves in the mirror every morning and say, yeah, we spend too much, and now we don't even have a dead ceiling to sort of prevent us from spending beyond our means. I wanted to start here in the state of Ohio with property taxes. Props to Paula Christian over DoD CPO for reporting on an issue that's going to impact every homeowner out there. You'all happy with the most recent tax increase, property tax increase that we went through. A lot of people got what thirty percent increase, many people ten, making homes even very make some photos unaffordable for like seniors for example, who are on fixedups. You end up getting like an eight thousand dollars property tax, Like wha, what in the hell where did that come from? And you got to find the means and resources to pay it? And guess what bad news is coming our way? Property taxes across all all operative word in the sentence, all Ohio counties could increase as much as twenty five percent over the next few years. That is, Oh, I know, Joe, thank you for the appropriately time sound effect. That is, unless date lawmakers approved dramatic reform by late June. That the warning from Matt Dolan or Matt Nolan rather apologies Matt Matt Nolan, president of the County Auditors Association also Warren County Auditor, quoted as saying, you have to call your legislators and frankly, it has to happen now. The more you can reach out to them and say this is my number one issue. This is going to shift my vote if you don't do something on this that has an impact. And you know he's right about that. Every politician I talk to there's very little outreach from the electorate out there. I mean, they're your people, They're supposed to represent your interests, and very few people will take the time to reach out to them by way of sending a letter, sending an email, picking up the phone and call in the office and expressing your frustration over any given issue. But the more that happens, you get a week when a whole bunch of people call in on the same topic demanding the same thing, they tend to sit up and take notice. Wow, We normally only get a couple of calls a week. How is it that we ended up getting inundated with phone calls on this? So do it. It does have an impact. Uh, Corn and Nolan, You're going to see what you saw in your last year in Hamilton County happen again. You're going to see a twenty five to thirty percent value increase wherever you live. Claremont, Butler, Warren, You're going to see that level of value increase, and if you're going to see your taxes go up by a similar amount. And almost every school district in that area is going to be at the twenty mill floor, so they're going to experience the largest property tax increase they've ever experienced. Yeah, my sentiments exactly.
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 3: He tested at the Ohio Senate Finance Committee last week, urging lawmakers to expand the homestead exemption program, cap how much school districts can get from property taxes, and stop a non business tax credit reward for out of state companies that buy up properties to rent out. I will call them absentee landlord words. Now, the last round of massive increases created this grassroots group that's out collecting signatures to put a constitutional amendment on November ballots who eliminate property taxes altogether, raising a whole lot of questions about how things would be funded, something that Pierce Township Trustee Alan Freeman noted in being interviewed by CPO on this. I mean he said that property tax is how we fund police, fire road repairs, any number of township services. If you get rid of property taxes completely, they're not going to be able to respond to a nine to one one call. Would it be that dire or could they come up with a different funding mechanism. I'm not putting the blame at Alan Freeman's lap, but he's pointing out something that is a practical reality. Nolan said, it used to be the values went up and rates came down, and your taxes really didn't go up that much. That's all changed. Now you're seeing values go up double digits, almost twenty percent. This cycling. To be honest, I don't see that changing anytime soon. Hamilton County is going to go through a reevaluation next year. We'll go through one, and I think it's going to be very similar numbers twenty five thirty percent value increases and twenty percent tax increases and we can't sustain that. I think the we he's referring to is the homeowner concerned about homeowners being so overburdened with high property taxes which do fund school districts, primarily that they'll reject new levees for police and fire services, which is already happening. They point out in the article about Pierce Township overwhelmingly shot down the police levee in May. I understand what they're saying, he said. They're saying, I've been taxed enough. I can't afford to do any more. But I don't know how to put I put a police force out without that levee, said the trustee. Freeman any pointed up township is going to put that levee back in the ballot in November.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to. There's no choice.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: The sentence version of the budget that was released this or this past Tuesday, does have some proposals aimed at property tax relief, but both Nolan and Freeman said it's just not enough, calling them good minor steps. He said, I hope the Conference Committee looks at real relief for tax payers. What's including the Senate budget gives no real immediate relief to anyone. It only kicks the can a little down the road for future increases. So gird your loins, folks. I don't know I have any tea leaf readers out in my listening audience that want to opine as to whether or not the Senate might.
Speaker 1: Provide real relief.
Speaker 3: Whether that's going to go through, But in the meantime, you might want to start stockpiling some additional money to cover the additional presumably twenty percent increase you're going to see in your property tax coming up soon. Geez, it is unsustainable. But you know what, moving away from property taxes, I think we'd get taxed enough. Maybe we've got a spending problem, and I don't know. We found out they had four point seven billion dollars in unclaimed fund in the state of Ohio, from which they pulled six hundred million dollars to give to the Cleveland Browns Complex. Is there any way that can apply the rest of the four point seven balance to maybe providing us some relief from our property taxes. I don't know how that would work, the devils and the details, But as of right now, all I can say is brace yourself five sixteen fifty five krs the talk station. We've got plenty more of talk about coming up. I love to hear from you. If you've got a the meantime hang out of you right back. Can't roll it out, it may rain, which also suggests it may not well the forecast ever right, you guess say occasionally get it right. It seems like a cosmic crapshoot, whether you can rely on it or not. Anyway, two kind of related stories. First to go to Arizona, where a Democratic Governor, Katie Hobbes veto to bill that would prevent China from buying up land next to strategic sites like military bases.
Speaker 1: Sent up.
Speaker 3: Minority leader there Denay Shamp said the politically motivated veto utterly insane, and calling the governor an obstructionist against safeguarding our citizens from threats. Governor Hobbs, for her part, said the Senate Bill eleven oh nine was ineffective at counter espionage and did not directly protect American military assets. Everybody's got some concern. It's Manna's all kinds of bills out there. According to the Chinese focused nonprofit, twenty seven states currently considering eighty four bills aimed at restricting foreign property ownership in some way. Congress also considering seven separate bills addressing the same issue. Twenty two states have already passed bills restricting foreign property ownership, seventeen to which were passed in just county year twenty twenty four. So this is just one among many people have concerns about that CEO and founder of a state armor action. A guy named Michael Lucci quoted is saying Governor Hobbs veto this bill, hangs and open for the CCP sign under Arizona's front door, allowing communists China to buy up land near critical assets like Luke Air Force Base, Palo Verdi Nuclear Power plant in Taiwan, semi conductors, growing fabrication footprint, he said, Allowing communists China to buy up land your critical assets as a national security risk plane in simplel Governor Hobbs is substantly and completely wrong when she says this bill is ineffective at counter espionage and does not directly protect our military basis. And of course everyone I'm imagining is thinking immediately of Ukraine's recent drone attacks, moving drones in close proximity to the air bases where this Russian aircraft were located made it easy for them to actually hit their targets, giving Russia literally no time at all to shoot down the drones. Look, it's right there. That's a concern. I think it's a legitimate one. And in not related news, but sort of kind of related news, this was scary. Two Chinese nationals charge was smuggling a pathogen into the United States. Cash Mattel said, this case is a sobering reminder that the CCP is working around the clock to open to deploy operatives and research to infiltrate American institutions and target our food supply, which could have grave consequences, putting American lives and our economy at serious risk. Charges foul against Jian Yung Queen and Lou Jiang Xiangyong close enough. According to the complaint. Lee researcher currently in China, applied for a B two VSA in March last year, brought the pathogen a fungus known as Fusarium garminarium into the United States. Gordon Patel this pathogen is an agro terrorism agent, his words, and the fungus can cause head blight, a disease that can devastate wheat, barley, maize, rice and cause health problems in humans and livestock. The other guy charged John, a postdoctoral research fellow at the Molecular Plant Microbe Interaction Laboratory at the University of Mission, offered her a fellowship position in twenty three. According to complaint, she also applied for a visa a Jay one visa. FBI agents found an electronic document in John's cell phone describing her membership and loyalty to the Chinese Communist Party to charge with visa fraud, conspiracy, making false statements, and smuggling goods into the United States corner cash retellent statement. Smuggling a known agro terrorism agent into the United States is not just a violation of law, it's a direct threat to national security.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Senator Ashley Moody, member the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs, sits on the House Appropriations Committee, said this case highlights the need to pass their legislation. It's a CENTERPILD ten eighty six and House Resolution twenty one to forty seven, the stop CCP Visa's Act body on AX. This is insane. These ccpeeling foreign nationals are weaponizing student visas in attempt to poison our country again again, all in caps with dual exclamation points. It's time to pass the Stop Ccpvisa Act is now. That legislation would amend the Immigration of Nationality Act to banned the admission of Chinese nationals as non immigrant students. And of course that comes along the heels of Donald Trump banning travel to the United States from several countries in order to stop foreign dangerous foreign actors from showing up. Why those countries either refuse to cooperate with US in terms of identifying the individuals or have no mechanism to identify them background checks, etc. They also are high risk terrorism countries Afghanistan, Iran, Somalia, Lilia, Yamen, all deemed very high risk, also of Venezuela, Cuban lawos partial restrictions and referred to as common sense. Press Secretary Abigail Jackson saying these are re restrictions, common sense and targeted at countries that, in her words, lack proper vetting, exhibit high visa overstay rates, or fail to share identity and threat information. At least someone's aware of a problem. In trying to do something about it, five twenty six. Right now fifty five ks of the talk station. Oh, Scott, I do see that you are on the call screen. If you don't mind holding, I will take your call right after the quick break here.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station. In this week's Marketers.
Speaker 3: Procation, it is five twenty nine and a happy Friday eve to you.
Speaker 1: Eightwo to three talk.
Speaker 3: I had a couple of callers online. I promised Scott he'd be first. Scott, thanks for calling and holding over the break. It's good to hear from you today.
Speaker 6: Hey, good morning, Brian. We were down to listeners lunch yesterday and had a great time. Like my wife and I is like our third one we've been to. We're from up north.
Speaker 1: Around Greenville, Ohio.
Speaker 6: But we were blessed just to be able to sit and have lunch with Mississippi James and his wife.
Speaker 1: He's a good guyn't Yeah.
Speaker 7: He is.
Speaker 6: We just enjoyed our time, you know, all day long with him, and he just wanted to give him a shout out, and it was just nice to meet someone like him. You hear him on the phone every day almost it seems like and then you get to meet him and it was nice. We had a really nice time.
Speaker 3: See you made a friend, isn't that great? That's why I love listening lunches. And there are tables of people there and you probably could spot a big table with the city and you know, they all sit together and they've been doing that for years, and it just warms my heart to know and that I was able through these lunches to facilitate the formation of friendship. So it's just it's awesome and I'm glad you're able to talk.
Speaker 6: The Times sub Marine and Mike again too. That was you were just getting ready to You were just getting ready to play cribbage with him.
Speaker 1: And I beat him. Yeah, that's three in a row, Scott in a row, Three in a row about a roll.
Speaker 6: Well, just want to shout out. So we had a great time. Hey, I'll get off there.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot, next man, maybe I'll see it another one down the road. We're waiting for confirmation. I did not have and I still don't have absolute confirmation, but as of right now, all signs are indicating we are going to be at Wandering Monsters Brewery and they have a nice menu there as well. But I'll confirm it and let everybody know as we get a little bit closer, and we're gonna have it not on the second of July because of the Independence Day holiday two days later. We're going to kick it to the following Wednesday. And I'll be sure and emphasize that regularly as we get closer to the next listener launch. Great hearing from me, man, I'm glad you're able to make it. Tom Good morning, welcome to the fifty five KC Morning Show.
Speaker 8: My friend, Yeah, good good morning, and my lovely bride is up this morning, and you kicked the hornets mass with this whole property tax U. Oh yeah, she sees all sees all work. This is this is one of her You know, everybody's got two or three subjects that you know what. Don't bring this up around so and so, because if you do, you're not going to hear the end of it. That one of those from my wife is the property tax issue. And you know it bugs me too, but I'll I'll blurt down a couple of exploders and move on. But oh, this this just launches her into a tire rade, and rightfully so, because I mean, this is absolutely ridiculous. How they can just randomly whatever they feel like it raise the value of your property. I mean, you think, think about that. These these people are just going to arbitrarily raise how valuable your property is so that the tax they put on it is more. I just I find that to be stunning.
Speaker 3: Frankly, Now, I will tell you Tom that you know I because like, for example, Dusty Rhodes, who used to be already he was at lunch yesterday and I'm thinking of him as I say this, and I know he's retired, but he would argue that, no, it's based upon the market valuation. And like the next door neighbors sold their house and they sold it for one hundred and fifty thousand dollars more than they bought it for, and they use that to compare the value of your house. Same size, same shape, same number of square feet. They look at geographic sales and they determine property values and then come up with what they believe to be the appropriate valuation of your property. Even though you've been there for like two decades or three decades, as the case may be, and it's never been sold, they can still determine what it's worth and so that's how they come up with a valuation. It's not a perfect formula, and that's why they have an appeal process. You can go in and find your own comps and valuations and tell them that they were wrong. But right, it's not our It's not completely arbitrary, I guess, is the point I'm trying to make.
Speaker 8: Okay, well, well still, it's that's not enough knowing that our property value is going up. That's not enough. They got to also jack up the rate. So yeah, we're getting We're getting hosed every which way, and I don't know, I frankly get fluckered sometimes what can we do about it? I mean it because I was talking to General off airs, like, what happens to these people when they get elected to office? All of a sudden, they change, they change their mindset of how they're going to do things, and they completely forget about your representing a group of people. You're supposed to be representing their best interest, and all of a sudden, as soon as you take office, that goes out the window. That's what it seems like, and that's absolutely ridiculous, and that goes we're both sides of the eyes. But obviously especially in the left, So don't vote Democrats. Have a great day.
Speaker 3: Thanks Tom. Yeah, I was immediately thinking of since a City Council and the Hyde Park Square deal, and then I also I am thinking of the so called Big Beautiful Bill, which doesn't go far enough to cut government spending. The Republicans are the ones that created this. Democrats are one hundred percent lockstep against it, and Elon Musk was making a decent point, this doesn't cut enough. Now some people are saying that he's against it because it takes away the EV credit or whatever, and I'm not quite sure that that's one hundred percent of what it is, considering the work he was doing over the Department of Governmental Efficiency. But I suppose in the final analysis, if you can to raise the debt ceiling four or five trillion dollars, or as Donald Trump is calling for it now, scrapping it completely, you are giving up a fundamental principle of what used to be Republican philosophy and platform reduced government spending. If they would follow through with any commitment they've ever made to the American people over the years, at least I wish they would do that.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 3: No, we're gonna stop. We're not gonna spend as much. Never seems to happen, doesn't, So we find ourselves thirty six coming up on thirty seven trillion dollars in the hole. Anyway, speaking of home ownership, and of course the ever increasing property tax bill goes along with that. It does go along with certain expenses. Home ownership does come along with repairs and things you need to do and plumbing problems. And that's why I recommend my friends at Plum Type Plumbing. They know you deserve better than they deliver on better, better customer service, better prices, and excellence, excellent plumbing work done to your satisfaction as always, no service, fees, free estimates a plus of the Better Business Bureau. So, whether it's you some pump going belly up or your water heater tank, and I think it's an ideal time to consider the tankless water heater Plump Type Plumbing the Tri State's number one installer with tankless. It's lower energy bills, it's a space saver. It's like to point out, it's like the like a size of a suitcase and it hangs on the wall, so you can get rid of that giant tank and for those folks got a lot of kids and people living in the house. You never run out of hot water. As long as that tap is on running hot water, it's going to continue to spit out the water, so that's not an issue any longer. With tankless, plus, they last longer than a traditional tank at least five years, maybe even more ten to fifteen years, longer north of twenty at least for an on average tankless life, with only ten to fifteen for traditional So great for growing families or houses with multiple bathrooms that are use all the time. Go tankless with plump Tight plumbing online, plump tight dot Com, t TE, plump tight dot com five one three seven to two seven tight five one three seven two seven, eighty four eighty.
Speaker 9: Three fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Five forty one if IF.
Speaker 3: Five ker City talk Station Happy Thursday. Try to make it happy anyway and trigger warning. I'll alert you ahead of time. I think I have stumbled upon in this deck is stupid the all time winner of the Biggest Issue of the Universe award. I haven't been keeping track, but I don't think I've found anyone who is more deserving than this, unless, of course, this case involved eight child, which could only make it that much worse. But this is just, this is incomprehensible. Got a forty year old Tennessee, Tennessee man going to be spending the rest of his life without possibility of parole after he sadistically kidnapped a twenty two year old woman, forced her to fatally overdose on a whole truckload of drugs as a part of a what is described as sadistic, yes, indeed, revenge plan because the victim reported that he had raped her his days earlier our winter. This morning, La Tawayne Osborne formerly pleaded guilty to one count of first degree murder, three counts of attempted first degree murdered one kind of aggravated sexual bouty for the horrific twenty twenty four slang of a woman named Danishka Molina Sabaja Mahia. This plea deal ensured that he would not face trial and the possibility of the death penalty. Knox Kinty Criminal Judge Hector Sanchez then ordered him serve the sentence of life without possibility of parole in the state correctional facility. According to report from the News, the woman Mahea April third, twenty four report of the Knoxville Police Department that Osborne had sexually assaulted her. She told police that a few days earlier, she was at his house where she fell asleep after drinking alcohol and smoking weed. Waking up partially undressed. Other details indicated she had been assaulted. I will not mention them. Went to the hospital. DNA evidence reportedly confirmed that, yes, indeed, Osborne had raped her. The night after reporting the rape, Osborne and two others broke into her home, where they first forced her in. Two others, a woman who was nine months pregnant, and her boyfriend, both twenty three years old, into the basement. Osborne initially tried to force me he had to execute the boyfriend, but she refused. Then he forced her at gunpoint to snort a bag of drugs until she passed out. Prosecutors said that after she had passed out, Osborne forced what they described as a cocktail of more drugs into the unconscious woman's mouth, fentanyl, cocaine, methamphetamine, and heroin, simultaneously using his cell phone to film the ordeal. Osborne's alleged co conspirator's twenty one year old Marquis Ellison, thirty two year old Edward Wilson awaiting prosecution on first degree murder and other charges. Prosecutors said that after Osborne first forced her to snort the drugs, the three men were making jokes about how long it was taking her for her to die, before Osborne reportedly placed a bag over her head and struck her in the face several times. After ensuring that she was dead, the trio shot the couple that was with her. Both amazingly survived and were able, to, of course, testify to the crimes to investigators. During the home invasion, one of Osborne's alleged co conspirators actually shot Osborne in the leg instant karma to a small degree. He went to the local hospital for treatment, and when question told authorities that mahe had overdosed and he was trying to render aid when an unknown as Salem broke into her home and shot him. Then they stole her car, which they later set on fire near Knoxville College. After Osborne's arrest, investigators seized the cell phone and found images and videos of Mehia's murder and of Osborne groping and raping her several days earlier. I think it's a well deserved war.
Speaker 1: Jobe series.
Speaker 3: The biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the top, the pinnacle of Deusdom.
Speaker 1: Good going, Deu. Your dreams have come true.
Speaker 3: Ten times a day for the rest of his life, Joe. Anyhow, health is important, of course. If you have pain, pain, arthritis, pain, knee pain, hit pain, joint pain, and you want to look beyond pills and steroids, and you want to avoid surgery to feel your best, of course you do.
Speaker 1: How about.
Speaker 3: Doing something that doesn't involve surgery or pain, pills or steroids because you know the pain is going to come back. It's QC Kinetics. They're different, not quick fixes, this revolutionary treatment that works to give your body long term relief. Met face to face with QC Kinetics medical team and they will explain how their regenerative treatments take your body's own healing power and help heal and restore your damaged tissue. Well respected protocols that include potent and powerful cellular level treatments. They've helped with tens of thousands of people and we've got them right here in the greater Cincinnati area, and a lot of people in the greater sincinnat they've already been down the QC kinetics rod are living pain free, So no masking the pain. They're going right after the source of it. So say goodbye to that chronic pain. Live your best life. Take them up on their offer of a free consultation because it may be right for you, and if it isn't, they'll let you know that it's not right. So CALLCUCA Kinetics up and set it up and find out if this treatment may be the solution to your ongoing problems. Here's the number five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine one more time five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 9: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Don't let the popsick. Here's your ten or nine first morning weather forecasts.
Speaker 3: Rounds and rains and showers a day, a few strong storms possible eighty for the high overnight clear actually cloudy, but clear from rain. Get a little break, and then it shows up again on Friday in the afternoon and evening along with us some storms eighty for the high tomorrow sixty five overnight with rain likely and some storms possible, mostly cloudy Saturday seventy seven. Rain has not been ruled out seventy one right now, Typer.
Speaker 1: Traffic from the UCL Tramping Center.
Speaker 10: Millions of Americans are living with Alzheimer's or other dimensions. Find answers from leading brain health experts, and you see help learn more at uce health dot com. Highway traffic do we okay this morning? No accidents to deal with. No weather issues inside the two seventy five loop as of yet, but that's going to change in the next couple of hours. Northbound four seventy ones under five minutes to seventy five to town. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 3: Five fifty one fifty five KA City Talk Station. I am very happy Thursday to you. After the top of the our news, get some time with Jack Windsor. He is the host of the Windsor Report and has been following as an investigative reporter the whole situation with medicaid in the state of Ohio. And yes, there's billions and billions of fraud in the medicaid program. Jack after the news on the phone right now, Jay Jay, Welcome to the Morning Show. Good to hear from you this morning.
Speaker 11: Hey, good morning, Brian. Hey, I want to do I've got a little bit of your conversation with Tom, and I want to build on it about the process by which your property tax is assessed. I live in a call to Sack about eight houses.
Speaker 8: I bought the.
Speaker 11: Smallest house, least expensive house, and a pretty nice call to Sack. And I am sure I've seen the houses sell for about three four hundred thousand dollars more than mine is worth. I'm sure that's a solid number. I took a look at my property taxes and those of my neighbors, and I saw that I was second highest charged in that call to Sack. So I got a hold of a tax guy, put together an assessment, said, look, I'll.
Speaker 4: Pay the average.
Speaker 11: Just charge me the average. But my house is the smallest, least fancy house in this call to Sack full of very nice houses. It came out and took a look and went we went through the appell process and he said, well, the reason your taps are so much higher because it's a single story home. I said, explain that to me. I said, what's the rationale? With that, he said, well, I put a one point five factor on a second story. I said, then you're making my case.
Speaker 4: I said, so.
Speaker 11: Every square foot on the second floor is one point five cents to a dollar in the first He says, yes. I said that a second story would be much more expensive than a first story using basic map. He says, no, it's the point. It's point five. I said.
Speaker 8: He said, no, it's half.
Speaker 11: I said, well, then that would be point five factory. So now I see that this thing is firaling bad. I said, can you just give me the equation that you use it, because I'm kind of a faction and data guy. He said, well, he says, I use my opinion, which is the same as facts and data.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 11: And I told him no, your facts and data are are are light years away from opinion. In facts and data are light years apart. Can you not give me the formula? Well, my opinion is the formula. He went back and thought about it, and shockingly, I've got a response in the mail that says was carefully considered. Your proposal to pay the mean of all those bigger houses.
Speaker 4: In your neighborhood rejected.
Speaker 11: We'd rather go with our opinion, and that's up in Springboro, Ohio, between Springborough and Waynesville, just in case anybody's listening in that area. That's how your taxes are being assessed.
Speaker 3: Oh that's bat crap, insane, And I think that flies in the face of the way they're supposed to conduct the assessments, which is comparable homes in the general area, and if yours is some smaller square feet, they should be comparing years to the sales of homes of comparable size in your community, not the ones on the street, which obviously are all much larger and therefore presumably more valuable.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 11: So, dunda, this is me being a public service announcement. They do not have a standard formula.
Speaker 8: I'm convinced.
Speaker 11: Did they use some comparable to my house?
Speaker 8: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Probably, but but.
Speaker 11: Compared to what other houses are on the street. There was a there's a lot of twists and turns, And whenever he told me his opinion or facts and data, that's what told me. There is no map behind us, there is no standard process. I think it depends which guy you have and who shows up and what he feels like that day.
Speaker 3: See, I'm out of my element to know about the like if there is a lit not that you want to go to court, but if there's some sort of litigation where you can you know you've been denied the reduction in property tax value. They obviously are pulling figures from their sphincter as opposed to relying on documented calm. So I thought they were supposed to pull out the comparable properties that they use to assess your home, Like here's the stack of the ten houses we looked at that sold within the last year or so. Uh, and this is what we valued it on and use it with supportive, objective data like that as opposed to again, some guy's random opinion. It just sounds fundamentally unfair.
Speaker 1: And so I just there was a board hearing.
Speaker 11: He said, if you would like to come down to the board hearing and schedule that, And I don't know if there was a fee. I think there was to do it. And but you know, honestly, I declined after thinking if he's if this is the guy that they hired, he's hired by the board in fact, and opinions are bad, our opinions are okay and not frowned upon. I honestly felt at that point this is so damn broken this, This won't even this is going to waste my time and money to go down there and argue it. So perhaps shame on me for not following it through. But the process was said, damn busted, Brian. I felt like, this is this is a complete waste of time. This is this would be like one and standing in front of a board of second graders with the second second grade math. They're trying to convince them the factor in data. If this guy has the job, how good can it be?
Speaker 3: Well, honestly, you know, I I if you know as your a journey, I would have recommended you gone through the entire process, even if you're going to be out some money. It would have a record documented. You have other people looking and listening at what you were told. That guy would probably be there, and I can't find I can't imagine anyone finding that to be an appropriate mechanism to evaluate the value of a property. One dude with the random opinion about the value of the home. It's supposed to be again based upon that's to my knowledge, some objective criteria like comparable sales in the general neighborhood. So I don't know, Man Bill here you go.
Speaker 1: Jay.
Speaker 3: Apparently, within the next year or so, according to Matt Dowan, the County Associate Autitors Association, your property tax bill is going to go up another twenty percent. Maybe you'll have another shot at contesting it. And I would recommend seeing it through the whole process to find out where it goes. And you could probably get some local reporter to listen in on that and report it widely to the general public that they're pulling figures from their butt. That might make the news, and you might get some satisfaction or relief, maybe even just by threatening that. Five fifty seven fifty five krcit the Talk Station. I know Jay's want of Faja's favorite topic is medicaid waste and abuse here in Ohio. And Jack Windsor, editor in chief of the Ohio Press Network and host of The Windsor Report. We'll join the program after the top of the our news to talk about that.
Speaker 1: Be right back us. Happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour.
Speaker 3: Not gonna be complicated, and it's gonna go very fast.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the Talk Station. If you're into truth, Hey's Brian Thomas.
Speaker 3: Please to welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show Jack Windsor, who's editor in chief the Ohio Press Network, host of The Windsor Report, and a bit of an investigative reporter, and he's going to join me to offer and you his expertise on medicaid fraud as well as the Ohio budget. Let's dive on into medicaid fraud. Apparently there is a ton of it going on here in the state of Ohio, to the tune of billions of dollars. I mean, we talk about budgeting and short, oh we don't have enough funds to do this except for giving six hundred million dollars to the Browns. But we don't have somebody for this project or that project. But if they would just crack down on fraud, waste, and abuse, it would free up literally billions of dollars. What is the current figure they estimate right now? Jack Windsor, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Well, Brian, first of all, thank you for having me. It's an honor to be here. And State Representative Mike Devilla started a probe into Ohio's medicaid system and what he found within one beneficiary population segment known as the aged blind and disabled. If you were to extrapolate that number out to the whole system, we're talking upwards of six billion.
Speaker 1: Dollars Brian, six billion dollars with a bee.
Speaker 7: Yep, billion with a bee. And here's how he did it. If you don't mind, I'll dive into that real quick, please.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: He started this probe back in April, and what he said was give me records from twenty twenty three. And when I asked him about that, he said, because twenty twenty three's calendar year, all of that information should be finalized, audited. I didn't want to look at twenty twenty four because we're so early yet in twenty twenty five. I didn't want any excuses. I wanted to know a full year where everything should be there for us. So he started auditing, and he talked with the Hot Department of Medicaid and of course their third party vendors. One of their third party vendors as a company and many of us has probably heard of, called Lexus and Nexus. He found that in twenty twenty three, they reported that twenty nine percent of that ABD that Aged blind and Disabled Medicaid beneficiary group, those folks may have been ineligible and you go, okay, well what does that mean. That means that they had assets well above the threshold that would qualify them for Medicaid. And I always remind people there's Medicare and Medicaid. Medicaid is for people who, in my mind, we think don't have a lot of assets, don't have a lot of resources, and they need some assistance. And we're not just talking a little bit, Brian. There were over four thousand people who had assets between one hundred thousand and nine hundred thousand. There were twelve people that had assets over a million dollars on Ohio's Medicaid payment system, and that really was what Devilla's appetite, and he said, Okay, we've really got to start diving into this. He published the first story at the Ohio Press Network. You can read it at the Ohiopressnetwork dot com, and you're going to get the first look here, Brian, because we're going to publish story number two probably later today or tomorrow. But Ohio Department of Medicaid responded to Davilla, and I'm sorry to give you the spoiler alert. It's a lot of bureaucratic gobbledygook that they've provided him, so his investigation continues.
Speaker 3: I am shocked that you would get gobblygoog in response to the hard number of reports that he uncovered.
Speaker 1: And that was just a sliver, Yeah, a.
Speaker 3: Sliver of the entire medicaid population from one year, a couple of years ago. So and I guarantee you, and I'm sure you feel the same way, Jack Windsor that probably things have only gotten worse, but they certainly haven't gotten better since County.
Speaker 1: You're twenty twenty three.
Speaker 7: Well, a couple of things have happened in twenty twenty three. If you remember, we were just coming out of COVID, so there were people on the rolls in twenty twenty three. They estimated about three and a half million O highlands. Think about that, three and a half million highlands. We're receiving medicaid payments, our populations probably just north of eleven points or maybe close to eleven point seven million people, So three and a half million people, that's a pretty sizable number. Now, my understanding is that that that number has been pared down a little bit because of the pandemic era qualifications, so on and so forth. But here's the troubling part when we looked at the lexus Nexus number one hundred and six thousand, five hundred and forty nine people. That was the number. And by the way, lexus Nexus only audited about fifty eight percent of the entire beneficiary population of that ADM segment, so it's just one segment of that one hundred and six thousand Brian. What we found in the follow up letter, this is what we'll publish today or tomorrow, is that of those one hundred and six thousand people flagged, only six thousand, twenty three were disenrolled. So you go, okay, there are one hundred thousand people that were flagged for having assets well above the threshold. What in hades happened to them? And the answer de Villa keeps getting from the Oha Department of Medicaid is twofold. I don't know if you've ever seen that mame of like four or five spider men standing around. They're all pointing at each other. You did it, you did it, you did it. It's kind of like that. The director at the state level says, well, we don't have those numbers. We can't provide that data specifically because the Department of Job and Family services. At the county level they take care of all of that, and all by the way, the federal Social Security Administration they audit the rest of it. Now, Devilla did some digging and he found that Social Security Administration, according to numbers that he received, only audits about eighteen percent of their population. So when you start crunching those numbers together, you go, man, I don't know if it's going to be six billion in waste, fraud and abuse money going out the door, but it's billions of dollars that are being paid without proper oversight. And when you're talking about taxpayer dollars, you're probably like me, Brian, I want to make sure that if my money's going out the door, that it's going to people. And I think we all agree on this. The people who need it should get it. There are people who don't need it or getting it. That's a big problem.
Speaker 1: Well, it's part of the big beautiful bill requiring folks who are able bodied and not really truly qualifying for a program it's supposed to help the disabled and and and needy elderly folks. They're they're glombing under the system without having to participate. I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Don't understand how we've gotten to this place. Honestly, sir, I really don't. But going back to Lexus and Nexus, they're able to know, they know how much money people have, they're they're able to crunch those numbers. So when Lexus Nexus, who you described as a third party vendor, they are a vendor for the State of Ohio. This isn't some random outsourced, you know, think tank entity that did some separate number crunching. This is something the State of Ohio relies upon. Correct it is.
Speaker 7: And let me tell you what's really weird about this. So Lexus Nexus is actually, I guess, a subcontractor of another third party that the state partners with. Nonetheless, at the end of the day, our tax dollars are paying Lexus Nexus for their service, right. And so when I read the Department of Medicaid's letter two things, the director Corcoran said, well, Lexis Nexus kind of has this wrong and shame on them. And I'm thinking, they're your partner, You're paying them, what are you talking about, right? And they identified twenty nine percent is the number that I keep going back to, and they flagged those people to be removed. I guess my question to the Ohio Department of Medicaid would be and I don't think that they've answered it directly in any of their responses. If you're paying Lexus Nexus to flag people that are ineligible, why in haites are you not removing them?
Speaker 1: That was the follow up question.
Speaker 7: Yeah, why are we paying a company that'd be for service that we're we're not following up on and we're not putting into practice. The things that they're telling us might be problematic.
Speaker 1: Well crazy.
Speaker 3: If you disenroll them, you send them a letter say we've identified that you have far too much income to qualify for Medicaid. You are hereby disenrolled or otherwise disqualified from the program. They would have an opportunity to then.
Speaker 1: Go whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 3: I don't know where you got your numbers, but I don't have that kind of money and make an argument over it.
Speaker 7: Right, that's right. Well, two other stunning things I want to make sure I unpack here. Based on my preliminary investigation. Lexis Nexus isn't just small potatoes. This is a company. This is stunning to me, and this might be another story down the road. They have eighty they have access Brian to eighty eight percent of all banking account information in the country. That means if you have a name and a social Security number, they're going to find your bank account. And so it's not as if, like I said, they're small potatoes and you know, they're just some podunk, duct tape and bubblegum company in the back room. I mean, these folks know what they're doing when they're searching for assets. Here's the other problem. The Oha Department of Medicaid says, well, Lexis Nexus isn't really used to qualify or disqualify people because when they're identifying assets, it could include cars and homes and trust funds, and some of those things are excluded. And again based on my preliminary investigation, Brian, that's wrong. Lexus and Nexus identifies cash assets. So when we say that somebody there are four thousand people that have somewhere between one hundred thousand to nine hundred thousand dollars in assets, we're talking cash. We identify twelve people who are millionaires. We're talking cash. So that to me is the blood on the hands of ODM that we're going to have to dig into and get clarity.
Speaker 3: On ODM which is passing the BUCKS saying it's not their obligation to remove unqualified people from the Medicaid roles.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's right, and so Devilla has said, look, I'm going to write legislation to compel you to follow. I'm going to open investigations because the General Assembly has oversight authority to bring them in and question them in subpoena records. But I think what's really going to happen because of the way that they've talked to him and Lexus and Nexus, he's probably going to hope that it heads role. I think that we probably need to gut that department and get new leadership that takes seriously the oversight of our of our tax money.
Speaker 3: It's phenomenal to me, and you know, it's just illustrative of the broader problem with the government generally speaking. They're not in business. They don't need to earn the money they take. They just take it from us, and then they have no incentive to really follow the money trail or keep track of our money. There's no fiduciary obligation by elected officials or people working behind the scenes over at ODM.
Speaker 7: That's right, and I think there are about seven hundred employees, Brian and I think probably the third follow up report we do, we're gonna let everybody to know how much money they make. I think people are going to be appalled at the money that these folks make. If you're doing your job, that's one thing. But if you have potentially even if it's two billion, because that's what Lexisnexus said just in that one segment in twenty twenty three, we've identified two point two billion, and you extrapolate that over everything at six billion, you have seven hundred people that can't audit six billion dollars worth of cash payments. You're doing it wrong.
Speaker 3: Yes, you are six thousand stacks of a million dollars we're talking about here. It's just the amount of money is amazing. And all right, Well, this story is going to continue, and it's got legs for sure, and I sure hope that they're successful in writing this ship and for the sake of the American tax payer. Let's pivot over to the IHIO budget. I know the Sentence proposal came out with a two point seventy five percent flat tax and a new way of giving money to the Cleveland Browns in the form of just handing over money out of this this fund that they've collected from dormant bank accounts and uncollected assets, and like they got four they've been sitting on four point seven billion dollars. Now I don't know how they didn't use that money for other purposes, but amazingly they can pull six hundred million dollars out of it and handed to the Cleveland Browns for this project. The whole concept of doing that is it just insults me, Jack, Honestly, it really does. I could say, how come the Bengals don't get any, but I don't want any tax money going to the Cincin any Bengals either. I mean, these are well healed, wealthy development groups and owners. They if they want a six hundred or multi one point two or two points, I don't know how big this project is, but they want it build it yourself. You know, if it's going to generate that much tax revenue that you can get the taxpayers of Ohio to shovel some money in because they think it's going to generate enough revenue to pay it back, then fine, you do it, and you take the revenue. And I know that's just one component of the budget, but that's the one that's gotten under my skin. It's more importantly, maybe we focus on the flat tax, which is going in the right direction.
Speaker 1: VV.
Speaker 3: Ramas Swimming, who I Ramaswamming, who I believe will be our next governor. He's in favor of getting it down to zero, so or at least moving in that direction.
Speaker 7: Jack, Yes, two point seventy five percent flat tax is what we will see. And I think it's going to be the second part of the biennium, which I think just means twenty twenty seven. So we're going to ratchet down one bracket and then we're going to get to that two point seventy five percent flat tax. Now, everyone that I talk to, the economists, the people who crunch the numbers, say that's very attractive for industry, for businesses to relocate here, because it's attractive for workers. If you say, hey, it's Ohio has a flat tax. They have a very fair, very simple income tax structure. That's alluring and so that's good news to me. What I want to find out, Brian. And by the way, you have the best in Donovan O'Neil with Americans for prosperity. They're all over this. So Donovan's a great dude, and I'm sure they have some insight on this. I need to find out today if there are people who don't pay income tax up to a certain threshold, right, and so then is that two point seventy five percent for everybody or is there still that standard whatever it is, If you're below twenty six thousand dollars in income, you don't pay taxes. Nonetheless, two point seventy five percent flat tax is pretty attractive. Now here's the other component that I think is really important. You'll get it right, Many in the mainstream press won't. We're actually spending war on education because if you read many of the mainstream newspapers over the past month, they said, oh my gosh, they're cutting in the education budget, and that's government speak. They wanted eight hundred million dollars in increases. They only got two hundred and sixty or two hundred and thirty and they call that a cut. Last I checked, increasing space two hundred million dollars is actually an increase. But they're increasing spending six hundred and thirty three zero point nine million dollars over the next two years. But it's going to be merit based, so schools that have higher performance numbers are going to have access to more of that money. And then districts because there's one in East Cleveland, for example, that have dropped in enrollment by thirty eight percent over the past five years, and Brian, they kept getting money, so they had fewer students. They kept getting not only money, but more money. Well, that's going to change. So if enrollment drops, then the amount of money you get drops. And to your point about the Cleveland Browns, Sorry if I'm going long here. I grew up a Browns fan, which means that, you know, I guess in some way I'm a glutton for punishment and I'm patient, but I'm with you. I don't think sports teams have any business taking tax payer dollars. Although I will say this, the last person I talked to on this said, we're not increasing taxes, We're not giving them direct bonds. We're going to leverage money that's already sitting around. They're going to put a bunch of money in the pot. That way, if we don't meet our return projections, the Browns will actually pony up money. So I guess at the end of the day, it might be the best way to finagle it. But I'm with you. I mean, hey, I own a news outlet independently, and I want to look at my senator and go, why don't you give me money? I'm doing a public service. I just think it's crazy when we start taking tax payer dollars and handing it over, handing that money over to sports teams.
Speaker 3: Well, and the predicate it was that this whole complex is going to generate enough revenue I guess from purchases fifteen dollars, beer sales and everything like that to basically pay the pay Ohio back and form of tax collection. Literally every business out there generates revenue in the form of income tax for the state of Ohio. They generate revenue with foot traffic. If it's a restaurant, they generate sales from the sale of food. Everybody to one of my listeners call up the other day and say, where does the line form for all the rest of the businesses out there to stand and get a high I owe taxpayer dollars for their business.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I caught tax cuts, Brian. That's why we've got to be one hundred percent bullish on a flat tax. And you know, there's going to be a lot to I think there's there's gonna be some stuff in there about property tax too, and making sure that schools are very fair with how they advertise and promote their levies and put them on the ballot. So that's good. I know that Americans for Prosperity I mentioned Donovan earlier, they've been working really hard to untangle the complex tax web here in Ohio, so that I am excited about because I like keeping more of my own money.
Speaker 1: Ay Man.
Speaker 3: Jack Winsor, editor in chief the Isio Press Network, host of The Windsor Report on ninety eight point nine FM, Columbus. I'm sure you can stream it. Check him out.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 3: It's been a pleasure having you on my show man. Maybe we can do it again real soon.
Speaker 7: I'd love it. Brian, God bless you brother.
Speaker 1: Take there have a great week to you.
Speaker 11: There.
Speaker 1: It is your chaman. I first one and one forecast.
Speaker 3: Today, we've got rounds of rain and showers to strong storms are possible eighty for the high OVERNIGHTLUS sixty seven clouds with no rain. Tomorrow, a mostly cloudy day starting out dry the afternoon. In the evening, showers of storms will develop eighty for the high rain continues over Friday night, maybe storms as well. Sixty five for the low and mostly cloudy day on Saturday, seventy seven, seventy one. Right now, time for traffic update check from the UCL Traffic Center. Me and some Americans are living with Alzheimer's or other dementias. Find answers from leading brain health experts that you see help learn more ad you see.
Speaker 1: Health dot com.
Speaker 10: Cling slate down the Highway so far this morning, no accident, instant deal with and I've not seen any delays into downtown northbound fourth seventy one continues under five minutes to seventy five to the bridge chucking Ramon fifty five krs.
Speaker 1: The talk station.
Speaker 3: Six thirty one and a happy Friday to you one hour for now. Jennifer Gross, representing District forty five House Representative Gross in studio to talk about Medicaid. She is on the Medicaid board. Maybe she can solve some of the problems that we just addressed with Jack Windsor and one of the few Ohio Republicans who didn't vote for the budget, and since taxes are going to rise again, started out the program talking about that that'd be property taxes. Gerd you'r luins folks. Maybe we'll get a word or two on whether we can get some relief from Columbus on our property tax bill and pivoting over to local stories. We'll call it a local stories because some people weren't awake when I brought this up in the five o'clock hour. Property taxes across all Ohio counties apparently could increase by as much as twenty five percent over the next couple of years unless we get some relief from the lawmakers. Interviewed by w CPOs Paula Christian, Matt Nolan, president of the County saw Auditors Association of Ohiland, Warren County Auditor, said, you have to call your legislators and frankly, this has to happen now. The more you can reach out to them and say this is my number one issue, this is gonna shift my vote if you don't do something about this that has an impact quota of saying, you're going to see what you saw last year in Hamilton County happen again. You're going to see a twenty five to thirty percent value increase wherever you live. Claremont Butler Warren, You're going to see that level of value increase, and you're going to see your taxes go up by a similar amount. And most every school district in that area is going to be at the twenty mil floor, So they're going to experience the largest property tax increase they've ever experienced. He testified at the Ohio State Finance Committee last week, begging urging lawmakers to expand the homestead exemption program, cap how much school districts can get from a property tax and stop non business credit that goes to out of state companies that buy up properties to rent out. You know, there's a petition circulating around after this last increase that is seeking to eradicate property taxes completely as a constitutional amendment, and that's got some people worried. Interviewed also Pierce Township trustee Alan Freeman. I think he's serious right about this, But so that property tax is how we fund police, fire road repairs in any number of township services. If you get rid of property taxes completely, then we're not going to be able to respond to a nine to one one call. That is, unless we get some relief from Columbus that con solve that problem, and I'm not quite sure how that relief would be created. No one said it used to be the values went up and rates came down. Now your taxes don't really go up that much. That's all changed. Now you're seeing your values go up double digits, almost twenty percent this cycle, and to be honest, I don't see that changing anytime soon. Hamilton County is going to go through a reevaluation. Next year. We'll go through one, and I think it's going to be very similar numbers twenty five thirty percent value increases and twenty percent tax increases. And we can't sustain that. They starts socking away the money right now, folks, I'm not optimistic that Columbus is going to provide us with any relief. Metro Board of Trustees got a new fare structure. If you're a bus rider, this will impact you. Fair increases proximately ten percent across all service types under the new structured local fares two dollars and twenty cents Express root fares now three bucks. They say it supports Metro's continued investment and enhanced service reliability customer experience, while maintaining one of the most affordable fair structures in the region. They're got a new fare for children too, updating the child fare policy children under fifty five inches tall. It's gonna be like a King's Island ride, ride for free with a fair paying adult to children per adult limit. Children over fifty five inches will pay the fare full fare support the charge change. Each bus is now going to feature a height indicator at the fifty five inch mark. Do you think it's going to be like one of the characters that they used to have at King's Island, Joe? You stand next to it, you think it's going to be a fifty five inch tall aftab per of all cutout that's a possibility and held out at fifty five inches.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: Update based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization, which report the average height of a ten year old child is fifty four point five inches regardless of gender. They'n't had to add that in there. What about the quick growing kids? Aren't some kids out there that grow a lot more quickly than others anyway? Also, a tap and save payments a new thing that simplifies how riders pay their fares, ensuring that they always get the best deals. So instead of buying a pass upfront, writers can load funds onto their smartphones or smart cards, tap or scan it when they board. The system will then track daily and monthly spending, then automatically cap the costs at the equivalent of a twenty four hour or thirty day pass. Means once writer spends the daily or monthly cab, additional rides are free during the period. It makes transit more affordable and accessible for frequent riders. So new fare structure Corey's online Correy're gonna have to on amount of time. It is six thirty six already. Time just does fly, doesn't it? And an opportunity for me to mention just a wonderful product USA Insulation. It's a true investment in your home and a true investment in comfort and savings. It's a noticeable improvement in comfort, and USA has been at this for decades and decades. Thousands of homes are now enjoying the benefit of USA's premium pham. And the one regret you're going to have is a damn it, I wish I'd have done this sooner. They inject that foam into the exterior walls of under insulated or uninsulated homes improving the day they do it, you're going to notice the comfort improvement. Then every month you're using your HVA system, you're going to save money. And in the case of my daughter and her fiance, they haven't even used their air condition but one time this year, and I found out the only reason they turned it on that one time is just to see if it worked, so an unbelievable comfort of their home. That's why we bought the phone form as a housewarming gift. And they are really pleased they've got it, and you will be too. So they'll check and see if you're under insulated. If you know you have some insulation in those exterior walls that may be old, it may be tooted, it may have settled, and your builder may not have put it in correctly in the first place. So give them a call for the free inspection and free quote. It's only ninety nine bucks a month interest free, and you probably will save more than that, most notably since energy bills are going through the roof as well, in addition to your property taxes five one three three eight one three six two six five one three three eight one foam online USA Installation.
Speaker 9: Dot Net fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: The metal on the forecasts the rain in his return, expect arounds the rains of showers today, maybe some storms, stronger storms. Eighty for the high Today, overnight no rain but cloudy skies, and then we get rain tomorrow afternoon and evening along with some storms. It'll be cloudy all day. Eighty for the high. Overnight, continued rain, sixty five for a low, and Saturday just mostly clouds. They said they can't rule out some rain over the weekend. Saturday is high seventy seven seventy.
Speaker 1: One right now. And let's get an update on traffic.
Speaker 10: From the UC Health Tramping Center. Millions of Americans are living with Alzheimer's or other dementias. Find answers from leading brain experts at U see help learn more, d you see heelp dot com. Highways continue to look pretty good this morning. No major problems on inbound seventy four that's running less than ten minutes from to seventy five at the coal Rings split to the seventy five ramp to seventy five. Looks good across the top past months doubler Chuck Ingram on fifty five kr SE the talk station.
Speaker 3: It's six forty one. I heard me the abas. Next work, Jay ratt Love, he'll be on at eight thirty. We'll get here from Jennifer Gross will be in studio High State Representative Representative Growth Gross seven point thirty two eighty thirty one. We'll hear from Jay thereafter. In the meantime, over to the phones. Let's see what Corey's got this morning. Corey, Happy Thursday to you.
Speaker 1: Welcome, Hey, Happy Friday. Is the there Ryan, Thanks.
Speaker 12: For couble re quick on property text? What Jay the song got earlier? The auditor value in his property. If he goes gets his own appraisal, I go get a home equity loan. That's what I did. Found out my you was one hundred thousand dollars less than what the county said. Yeah, Homeport, that might be one way to do it.
Speaker 3: You are absolutely carry, You are absolutely right. That is I failed to mention that. It obviously wasn't in the forefront of my mind when I was mentioning the comps and the other sales in the general neighborhood. So that is an excellent idea, and it is something you can do to take in when you make your case, appreciate that.
Speaker 12: And then the secondly, I think as far as property tax, I think there's it's an American for there property tax on the residential property from something you bought, be taxes for to it sports a recurring thing. That state can take your home that you paid off and lived in for years because say a thousand dollars of vote back taxes. I think that's an American And I support elimination of property tax or residential properties, and I think that somebody would present that. I think it'd be a winning, winning bill.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what that ballot petition is being circulated, is right now be a constitutional amendment to eliminate property tax in the state of Ohio. And I'm sure if one of the petition circulators comes to your front door, I imagine you probably will sign it. Question is the follow through if that were to pass and they did eradicate property taxes along the lines of what you want, how do we go about reef or funding all of the different things that rely like the parks, the schools, the fire department, the police. How do we go and restructure their funding mechanism? Is it going to be from a state tax. Do we increase the income or rather the not the income tax are just going to flatten that out? Do we increase the sales tax redistributed? Then there's the how does it get redistributed? Is it going to be fairness in that with each police department fighting over some sort of limited bucket of money the devil's and the details on that. And then the other argument is counter to what you are saying. Yes, it seems fundamentally unfair to tax someone to the point where they might lose the house they lived in and paid for and own outright for fair to pay property taxes, But that homeowner does get the benefit of the services that are funded by the property tax. For example, if the house caught fire, the fire department would show up to put it out. If there's a crime, of course you call nine one one in hopefully the police will arrive before your dead. I know it's overstatement, but you get the idea. So people who live in their homes do rely on funded government programs and they get the benefit of those, so it's not like they're you know that there's no free ride in essence, So if someone can figure out a better funding mechanism so we don't have to rely on property taxes and the seemingly arbitrary manner in which they are calculated. I welcome the suggestions because then we can start demanding that our elected officials in Columbus get on it and start doing something about it. But man, it's a huge red flash. After all the pain people went through in Hamilton County and the other counties had this thirty percent increase in taxes, and mine went up too, and you know it's coming again, at least that's what we've been warned. How long can this go on? I mean, the only thing that could happen that might end up lowering them is if the bottom falls out of the real estate market and you're now let's say two hundred and fifty thousand dollars home ends up having a value of one hundred thousand dollars, because well, we are living in a recession or a maybe a depression, and I don't think anybody wants to go through that in order to get their property taxes down. Six forty five right now, fifty five care see the talk station, chimneycare, fireplace and stove. It's great time to call chimney Care, fireplace and stove because you're probably not using your fireplace, your free standing stove, your self feeding wood waste pellet stove, none of that. It's summertime or springtime anyway, So have it taken care of with a complete inspection from the Chimneycare fireplace to stove. Now for anybody with a chim protect your chimney from water damage. They will come to your place and inspect it for free. I love the word free. So a free exterior evaluation off over the Chimneycare fireplaces stove just to see if you've got water damage problems and something you may not have any idea is going on. So the do a thorough inspection and let you know if there's a problem. If there is a problem, there the ideal folks to fix the problem because they've been around since nineteen eighty eight a plus with a better business fear and they do know what they are doing. Now, if you have a woodburner, take advantage of the Woodburning swep in Evaluation special discount one hundred and sixty nine dollars and ninety nine cents get a full video camera inspection, a certified chimney sweep will sweep it out. Make sure everything is safe so you can confidently use that fireplace or free standing stove when the weather temperature drops. And you really should have that inspected because you know kreosode build up will cause a chimney fire. You don't want your house to burn down. And so for one hundred and sixty nine dollars and ninety nine cents you can avoid that. Call them up five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. Book the appointment online and learn more about the company of what they do in their showroom. It's Chimneycare Co. Dot Com, fifty five car the talk station.
Speaker 1: This is Choke.
Speaker 3: Channel nine, first one and one to forecasts. Got some rounds of rains, showers shown up today, maybe even some strong storms. Today's high eighty overnight, no rain, but a mostly cloudy night with a low of sixty seven. Rain kicks in afternoon evening time tomorrow and showers and maybe some storms. Its eighty for the high overnight low sixty five with rain likely and a mostly cloudy Saturday. It's just a slight chance of rain, but seventy seven to be the high end. It's seventy one degrees right now. It's time for a traffic update from the UCF Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: Millions of Americans so I living with Alzheimer's or other dimensions, find answers from leading brain health experts, and you see health learn more Age, you see health dot Com.
Speaker 1: North Bend, seventy five.
Speaker 10: All of a sudden, I'm seeing some very having traffic through the cut, and I'm looking for a problem near twelve Street. It's an accident in the sloaning traffic on two seventy five, especially eastbound near Winton Road. Let lanes blocked on both sides of the highway. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRS deep talk station.
Speaker 3: Six point fifty one. It's coming up on the fifty five KRCD talk station. Looking forward to having Representative Jennifer Gross and studio to talk about medicaid in Ohio and the budget that's going on. We'll get her thoughts and comments about what we can do about property taxes anyway. Shall be in the studio for a full hour beginning at seven thirty, So looking forward to that. And then of course I always love talking to Jay Rattliffe. I heard me the aviation expert that takes place every Thursday at a thirty.
Speaker 1: This is a very.
Speaker 3: Disturbing thing that I read Matt margolis O, a PJA media reporting on this, and I think everyone can admit and acknowledge that the level of violence waged against people is getting is escalating political violence. Most we got violence and anger expressed against Jewish people merely because they happen to be Jewish, got executives being gunned down and then applauded for doing so. It's a de evolution of society and pivoting over to ICE agents, immigrations and customs enforcement doing their job enforcing the law. You can disagree with the immigration law, but we had an overwhelming invasion of our country during the Bide administration. I don't think anybody can argue against the addition of ten to twenty million new people in our country that came in here illegally, not following the laws and processes in place, let in and practically well and literally invited in many cases by the Biden administration, with two million known god aways, their motives completely unknown, their identity is completely unknown. And now I find out that ICE agents have now become target of left wing left wingers, harassing, doxing, and threatening them simply for doing their job and of holding the law. In a recent press conference, Acting ICE Director Toddlines talked about this growing danger that his agents facing not just from violent criminals, but from radical activists who want to expose and intimidate them into silence, maybe even not to not do their job. He said a lot of agencies were invited to come out two weeks ago in Los Angeles where we ran an operation where ICE officers were docksed. People are out there taking photos of the names, their faces and posting them online with death threats to their family and themselves. He pointed out one case, ICE worked with the Secret Service to arrest an individual who had been actively targeting agents and their families, saying, we arrested someone that was going online taking their photos, posting their families, their kids, Instagram, their kids facebooks, and targeting in them and he pivoted over to outrage. It's expressed by these left wing activists that the ICE agents are now covering their faces. And I'm sorry if people are offended by them wearing masks, but I'm not going to let my officers and agents go out there and put their lives on the line and their families on the line because people don't like what immigration enforcement is. He was pressed further, he challenged the priorities is is that the issue here that were just upset about masks? Or is anyway up said about the fact that ICE officers families were labeled terrorists they report the story gets even worse, not just ICE agents and their families being targeted by left wing activists, but now Democrats in Washington are openly threatening to docks ICE personnel themselves, aiding and a betting those who want to intimidate in danger in silence federal law enforcement. House Minority Leader Jakeim Jeffreys quote, every single ICE agent who's engaged in this aggressive overreach are and are trying to hide their identities from the American people will be unsuccessful in doing that. This is America, this is not the Soviet Union. We're not behind the Iron curtain, this is not the nineteen thirties, and every single one of them, no matter what it takes, no matter how long it takes, will of course be identified. House Minority Leader, How came Jeffreys, why so he's part, I guess of this growing group who wants these agents harassed, docksed, and maybe even murdered.
Speaker 1: He didn't have anything to.
Speaker 3: Say about Antifi or the other protesters out there, you know, waging war in the streets with their masks on the violent pro Palestinian actually pro Hamas folks who are regularly showing up fully masked and engaging in violent and angry confrontations with Jewish people. Not a word. And as Matt Margoli's notes, considering the lead in to his comment Soviet Union, we're not the iron curtains in the nineteen thirties. Comparing Ice agents federal officers lawfully enforcing an immigration policy to Nazis and Soviet secret police isn't just vile, it's calculated and dangerous. He's deliberately smearing these agents to justify their public targeting and harassment. It's not just reckless, it's an open invitation for extremists to hunt down law enforcement officers and their families. This isn't leadership, its incitement, and it speaks volumes about the radical, unhinged direction of today's Democrat Party.
Speaker 1: Amen Matt.
Speaker 3: Six fifty six fifty five KRCD Talk Station. Feel free to call me back back after the news.
Speaker 2: News happens fast, stay up to date. At the top of the hour, We're moving very quickly. Fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: This week.
Speaker 3: Sevenh six fifty five kr CD Talk Station, a very happy Thursday slash Friday Eve to you and I hope you can stick around. We've got a little time between now the bottom of the air when Jennifer grows So High State Representative District forty five joins the program. Sho'll be in studio for a full hour. We will talk about Medicaid since she is on the Medicaid Board. Perfect timing considering Jack Windsor from the Windsor Report was on. He's been investigating this and following the money and apparently it's a terrible situation in terms of fraud, waste, and abuse here in Ohio based upon the actual numbers, Jennifer, are you talking about that? We'll talk about the budget votes. She was one of the few Republicans who did not vote for the budget. And maybe get a word or two about property taxes. Someone that former auditor for Hamilton County Dusty Roads knows something about score to the phones and see what he's got to say. Dusty, welcome to the program, my friend. Great seeing yesterday listener, laun Jope, you had as good a time as I did.
Speaker 13: It was fabulous as always good time. The problem with the property tax they solved it in the nineteen seventies, I believe. And what they did was when values jumped, they rolled back the millage of every voted levy so that you're voting for money, not millage. And if your value doubled, your taxes went down. Most of them, everything above the first ten mills, and that's most of eighty percent of the taxes. The problem is the schools pushed a twenty mili floor option in to the mix in the late eighties, and they were crying that they were getting no benefit from inflation when they had to go back for levees all the time. So with the twenty mil floor, they exempted the school tax from the rollback. And what happens is when real estate jumps like it does, it doesn't track inflation. The taxes go way up in those school districts that are at the twenty mil floor, and the schools can jigger their budgets to get onto the twenty miil floor. There's a about seven or eight Hamilton County, including violent old Kills, and all the schools in Butler County are at the twenty mili floor. So every time they get a big jump in values, the taxes go up and the school has got a win fall unvoted tax money. And that's the answer. And nobody will talk about the twenty mili floor in Columbus.
Speaker 3: Well, and wonderful explanation, and I appreciate it, but I'm going back to the now. I believe twenty year old Supreme Court decision was just says the way we fund schools here in the state of Ohio is unconstitutional, and they haven't done anything about it in twenty years.
Speaker 13: Well, that's another issue. I'm talking about the fact that property taxes aren't supposed to blow out of sight when values go up. There's a kicker in there that rolls back the levees and the schools evaded with the twenty mili floor option, and the property owner gets screwed. I mean, it's that simple, and I know the Supreme Court ruled in the legislature order. That's another issue. I'm talking about property taxes and they're not supposed to go up a lot when values go up, and the schools got around it and they don't have to pass a levee and old kills for the next whatever because they're getting unvoted tax increases. And that's the secret, and the legislators won't address it and won't even talk about it. But that's the boogeyman in this whole thing. Is the twenty mili floor exemption for schools.
Speaker 3: Well, Dusty, none of this is a curveball if you can address or do you have any thoughts or ideas about it. I mean, all of this massive increase in property taxes as a result in this grassroots group collecting signatures to put a constitutional amendment on the November ballot to eliminate property taxes altogether. Is that even something that's feasible? Is there a way? I mean, if that were to pass and we were eradicated property taxes, the whole funding structure for police, fire, the school's parks, I mean, you name it, all of that will be turned on its head. Is there any workaround should something like that go through and pass.
Speaker 13: I don't know, that's the problem, and you put your finger on it Ramaswami said he was going to end property taxes, but he didn't say he always going to replace the income So that's a problem. But on the other hand, they brought it on themselves by getting around that rollback and taking unvoted tax increases, So they brought it on themselves and lots of luck. I mean, you could put a fifteen percent sales tax on everything, I guess raise the income tax. But it's like the old here you alone, don't tax you doing text me, text that man behind the tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well, and you know that.
Speaker 3: I would actually, you know, conceptually, even consider a sales tax increase as long as it wasn't outrageous to do it that way. But the problem with that is it's like federal tax dollars. They take them from us here locally, it goes to Washington, d c. And then anytime you want to get the money back, it comes with strings attached, or it's not fairly allocated. Someone's always left out, And so every year there'd be this scrap and fight between you know, this township, that township, this police department, that police department. You didn't give me enough, you gave too much to Cleveland because they're too well connected or whatever. So the redistribution of the pot of money from the additional sales tax will be fought over, and I think that would represent represent an on goaling battle and challenge for everyone for sure.
Speaker 13: For sure. But the property tax they solved it. Uh, and then the school's got a work around in the late eighties and that up end of the whole thing. If that rollback was an effect for all every voted levy, the increase wouldn't have been that much it was in miniuschool. But that's the problem, and nobody wants to mess up, so lots of luck to them. Ask your state representative guest what she thinks about the twenty milter floor, and that's the solution, and good luck to the people. I mean, I hate property taxes, but like you say, what are you.
Speaker 1: Replace them with? Yeah?
Speaker 3: But so now the spear real quick does before we part company. And so the idea would be to reduce the twenty mil floor down to what ten Just repeal that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I repeal it. Let the school taxes be treated as every other tax. The fire department didn't get any more money when the values were not because their levy rolls rolled back. The police department didn't get any more money, but the schools, if they were under this funny mill floor, got a wind fault.
Speaker 3: Well, you answered the question for our listeners. I'm glad you were out there, man, because I'd been scratching my head over the whole reality of this, and I figured you were the man. Hell, you were at the Helm for such a long time in the auditor's department, you at least have the answer to why we're dealing with is right now. Great seeing you yesterday, man. It's always a pleasure to have you in our company, and I'm sure my listeners enjoyed having you there as well. Seeing another one down the road, but Dusty.
Speaker 13: I'll see you then, Brian, thanks a lot.
Speaker 3: Thanks brother. Great hearing from you today. Five three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three talk found five fifty on the at and T fund.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I added that to my list of topics for Jennifer grows And speaking of listener lunch, it is confirmed I found out from Debbie who has been kind enough to take on the responsibility of lining up listening lunch. We will be I love the name of this place. Wandering Monsters Brew and Barbecue. They're located on Beachmont Avenue, so that will be for the ninth of July were I know it's always the first Wednesday, but the first Wednesday is July second, and I don't want to interfere with people's Independence Day plans since it's two days later, So we'll kick it off to the following week, July ninth, Market on your calendar, and we can all enjoy Wandering Monsters Brew and Barbecue together at the next listener lunch. And thanks again to Mattrie. That Summit Park location that was outstanding. We will definitely be back there again. They treated as nice. I got a lot of wide great reports about the food, although I wasn't able to eat. I spent my whole time walking around the room and talking. But I did win my cribbage game three in a row. Mike, that's three in a row, Buddy seven fifteen thirty five care CD talk station. Heap loads of money talking about it all the time, and I know a way you can save it.
Speaker 1: Lots like I have.
Speaker 3: Go to affordable imaging services to get your mri CT scans, echo cardiograms and ultrasounds for a just a mere fraction of the hospital imaging department thirty five hundred bucks for an echo cardiogram, you probably wait around a month to even get in. They're backed up at the hospital imaging department, at least by all accounts, that's what they've told me or I've heard. So rather than spending thirty five hundred bucks, spend five hundred no enhancement, five hundred bucks eight hundred with an enhancement MRI thirty five hundred bucks. NIOP, don't need an enhancement or a contrast, it's only four hundred and ninety five bucks. Yeah, and the one that blows my mind. A CT scan at a hospital cut you about five grand. Affordable imaging services four fifty without a contrast six hundred with all of the services at affordable, every image comes included in the price, with the board certified radiologists report. I've gone there, I've had MRI, I've had CT scans quite a few of those. Never a complaint by my physician. So it's the same equipment, it's the same kind of people operating it. They've been at this for years, so rely on them. Save yourself a lot of money. Five one three seven five three eight thousand, five one three seven five three eight thousand low overhead. I will admit, but what are you looking for? Looking for the right equipment and competent people and you get that find them on the website Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: Here is your ten nine first one to weather forecast. We have rounds of rain and showers today, maybe some strong storms in the mix as well. Eighty for the high sixty seven overnight, no rain, just clouds. Mostly cloudy tomorrow as well, with afternoon and evening showers and maybe storms. Eighty for the eye overnightlow sixty five with rain continuing and then disc clouds on Saturday. They said they can't rule out rain for the weekend, but slight chance anyway, seventy seven Saturday's high seventy one.
Speaker 1: Right now, time for a traffic updates from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: Millions of the Americans are living with Alzheimer's and other dementias. Fine dancers from leading brain health experts at you see help learn more ADU seehelp dot com. Two rex he Spound two to seventy five, the first near Winton left lane block traffic backspast Hamilton Avenue. The second at mass Stellar right lanes block traffic backs past seventy five inbound seventy four, So slow go from above Montana Chuck Ingram Moon.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven twenty fifty five KRC Detalk Station Friday. Jennifer Gross waiting in the wings should be joining me at the next segment and spending a full hour in studio talk about matter here in the state of Ohio, including medicaid, including the budget, including the twenty mil four of the Dusty just brought up. Unless she's ready for that, we're gonna get it anyway. Bobby, welcome to the program, Thanks for calling this morning. Good to hear from you.
Speaker 1: Good to hear you, my friend.
Speaker 4: I got some information about the EPA and FEMA and everything with East Palastine just came out in the last couple of days, but the unmet needs reports were never issued. All this information is coordinated by FEMA, the White House, EPA, National Security Council, and the Department of Justice. Emails are coming out now from Lee Selden and everything. I'm just wondering what our governor in the state of Ohio and the state EPA didn't want to publish the information.
Speaker 1: Your term about Palestine.
Speaker 3: Yes's Palestine's Yeah, if you said that, I didn't, It didn't register in my thick skull, so I thought, yeah, you know it.
Speaker 1: It is really damning.
Speaker 3: The information we so far about what they didn't tell us is damning. And you know, you stand around, you go, wait a second. You got people's lives at ask you here. You got livestock dropping dad, you got waters polluted, You got a bunch of people who are worried with this top literally undeniably toxic intentional burnoff. And then they find out that cancer clusters are a problem, and yet they don't bother let anybody know.
Speaker 4: They knew it in the very beginning. They just didn't want it out in the public sphere. But you know, that's the whole thing. But my question is, what did Mike Dwine know and what did that lady in the EPA in the State of Ohio though, Why wouldn't they release the information to the public.
Speaker 3: I agree completely. Regardless of the names of the individuals, they are elected officials. They are supposed to be looking up for their constituent's best interest. Why wouldn't you give the information out? Obviously there was a you can call it a cover up or a refusal to provide value information. But what's the motive behind denying us access to something that's so critically important?
Speaker 4: They didn't want people to know how severe it was?
Speaker 3: No, again, I go, but why not? What's what's wrong with letting us know the truth? I mean, we can handle it. I mean, that's that's the part that really always irks me when something like this is held from public, you know, from from the public. Why is it held? I mean, why don't we have all the Kennedy documents yet?
Speaker 1: Why do?
Speaker 3: I mean, there's a million different areas that the federal government sits on information that I think we can handle if we're just told the truth. All I want is the damn truth, you know, whatever it happens to me.
Speaker 4: They bear false witness number one. Yeah, and if you don't, a man with that word has no honor, You have no honor, you have no soul. I mean, look at him right now. They're not a lot of these individuals. They're nothing but a bunch of liars and hypocrites. Those are the worst too, that you can get well.
Speaker 3: And I undeniably agree with you on that. But again, the big looming question for me in the room is always why are they just sitting on the information that we could use. Why weren't we told they knew the COVID nineteen vaccine caused myocarditis early? Why didn't they let us know? And you could easily come maybe draw a more clear conclusion on that one. There could be some nefarious reason behind that. This this is where conspiracy theories come from, Bobby. You find out later in the game, after people run around and talk about, well, these days these vaccines could be dangerous. You're damn right, they could be dangerous. They didn't do a full clinical trial study. It is throw them out of the general world. But you see the information about the downside. We get that when we'll watch a pharmaceutical commercial. Do not take this drug if you're allergic to the drug. This drug could cause cancer in certain individuals. Do not take if you're breastfeeding. All of that, we go, Okay, I heard what you said.
Speaker 1: You warned me.
Speaker 3: You got studies which show in a certain number of people that this drug will cause this problem, but it still may cure my problem or solve the pain that I'm dealing with, So you know what, I'm going to take a calculated risk and take it anyway. I just want the information so I can do that. It's like food labeling laws tell me what's in the product I'm eating, so I can decide whether or not I want to put it in my body. So information's good and we can all digest it and make rational decisions based on it. But when they just simply do not tell us valuable important things, like you know what, this is a really carcinogenetic plume that's out there and we may have to be studying and looking out for cancer risks. I might want that information so I could talk to my doctor about it, so he's on alert that you know, this person could very well get cancer because they breathed the air in East Palestine and drank the water there after the train derailed. I'm entitled to that. I don't know why. I suppose it's a form of lyying, but withholding the truth can be viewed as a form of lyne But simply withholding the truth without any conceivable reason behind it, why wouldn't they let you know? And yes, you can implicate the wine praps. You can imp implicate the EPA. You can implicate anybody in the Biden administration who had it but didn't let us know. That's fine. Those are the actors who have it but won't let us know. I still want the answer to the question of why not. Seven twenty five Jennifer Gross representing District forty five in studio and she's ready to go first. But Herbert Motors, the great people at butt Herbert Motors. Lawn equipment is what they do. They do it the best. They only carry the finest brands, knowledgeable about what they sell and is beyond line equipment. I like to point out I've been over to the but Herbert Motors website. These stell some pretty big tractors too, So you know, I always think of my daughter and they're five and a half acres, but they've got them solves of John Deere and uh, it's a pretty big tractor. It's kind of cool. But if you need something like that, you work with the best people Butterberd Motors. You will be working with a Herbert family member, fifth generation family in operator. The Herbert families running a tight ship there. They can sell you the great products. They can steer you in the right direction, whether it is maybe a John Deere, x Mark, Steel, Honda power equipment. They carry all those and more. You can go to the website and find out about it. They'll deliver it to your door. They'll service what they sell you. Just across the board. The only folks to deal with. And please, Dear God, don't make the mistake of going to a box store to get your lawn equipment. Get it from but Herbert Motors. Learn more but Herbert Mootors dot com two locations, Just call one phone number though five one three five four one thirty two ninety one five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 14: The Medal of Honor is the highest MILI.
Speaker 3: Time for the nine first morning one forecast, we have rounds of rain and showers.
Speaker 1: I love it when they put that word in there.
Speaker 3: Anyway, also maybe some storms, so I watch out for that. Eighty for the high today overnight clouds, no rain though sixty seven for the low. Rain returns tomorrow afternoon in the evening and storms could develop as well. It'll be mostly cloudy day and a high eighty overnight Lowes sixty five with rain likely and Saturday mostly cloudy day. They say they can't rule out rain for the weekend, but it doesn't look likely.
Speaker 1: Saturday SI seventy seven. It's seventy one right.
Speaker 3: Now, in time for a traffic updates.
Speaker 10: From the UCLP Traffic Center. Millions of Americans are living with Alzheimer's or other dementias. Find answers from leading brain health experts at UCE help learn more at ucehealth dot com. Cruise continue to work with a couple of accidents eastbound two seventy five left hand side near Winton that backs traffic past Hamilton Avenue, then at Mostellar on the right hand side. I'm no longer seeing in delay from seventy five northbound seventy five is heavy out of Saint Bernard. Making your way towards Lachlan chuck ingramon fifty five KR.
Speaker 1: See the talk station.
Speaker 3: It's seven thirty one, fifty five Ker City Talk Station. Real exciting day for me in studio representing District forty five here in the state of Ohio. Jennifer grows Always great to see. It's been too long since I've seen you, but it's a real pleasure having you here today.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Thank you, Brian. It's good to be here.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Since we were on the topic of property taxes, you were listening, we heard Dusty, and I know there's a budget going on now and all these things. We're going to talk about the budget. We're certainly going to talk about Medicaid because you're on the Medicaid board. And I don't know if you heard my conversation with Jack Windsor earlier. He got the report regarding the Lexus Nexus dive into income levels and how terrible that was that all these people out there, some people with a million dollar plus resources, still on the Medicaid system. Medicaid fraud, wasting abuse has been a known problem here in the state of Ohio for a long time. So for my listeners, we will definitely.
Speaker 1: Get to that.
Speaker 3: But I want to start with the property tax thing. As you know, there's that petition being circulated just eliminate it all together. And I'm struggling with how I mean, While it sounds like a wonderful idea because I hate looking at my property tax bill, which has gone up dramatically since we built a house, but I don't know how funding for anything would work in the absence of that since everything is built around that property tax, so putting that issue aside. There is that petition circulating, but in terms of what we were warned about this potential second round of Matt Nolan, president of the County Auditors Association, speaking with Paula Christian Ever at CPO, said, listen, you embrace yourself.
Speaker 1: It's coming again.
Speaker 3: You're going to see another twenty percent jump, right, and there are seniors out there. I feel so sorry for seniors on a fixed income and they've been in their house, it's all paid off. They think they've got nothing to worry about except maintenance and upkeep, and then boom, you get a property tax bill that's jumped by a thousand dollars or something crazy like that. So how do we address this? Dusty said, this is the genesis of this, was that twenty mili floor that the school which allows them to get an ever increasing larger and larger amount, which is why our tax bills keep going up.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 1: What's your takes all?
Speaker 15: Well, First of all, Brian, you know we know that homeowners are being crushed by by property tax, and especially our over sixty five who've given largely they've lived in the community's twenty thirty forty years, but they have unrecognized gains on their homes, and so a lot of people we can we can't wait for them to move and say move to somewhere else and use your record, your unrecognized gains. So it's an issue that the House is very very aware of. And we do actually have a bill, it's HB one eighty six. But let me say, we have a group of bills and we're calling this from the House. Just came out yesterday in Columbus at a press release with Representatives Roma and Representative David Thomas, and we're calling it the Property Tax Relief Now Act. So HB one eighty six is the one that addresses the twenty mil floor. And what it would do is it limits the growth of the school district twenty mil floor to the rate of inflation. So what that means is the only increase the schools would get. Remember how Dusty was talking about the wind fall again, Well, this would limit it to the rate of inflation.
Speaker 9: Now, I understand that the.
Speaker 15: Average person who works for a capitalistic company and not the government doesn't typically get a three point five percent raise every year. However, it will limit the schools, that that bill will limit the schools to a and the rate of inflation, which will greatly help because we do see that in January we will have another windfall of property tax increase and we can't have that.
Speaker 3: No, we cannot. But you know, in terms of addressing the schools, Oh my god, what are we going to do. We don't get an increase. We can't keep up with inflation. Problem solved, that's right. Oh, yes, that's right. And fortunately, at least right now, projections indicate and we've already seen the inflation is down. Now, it's going to be terrible in years where you have like nine percent inflation. But if you're looking at a two, which is what the FED usually is looking for in terms of acceptable desirable, it's like two percent. Most of us can swallow that.
Speaker 9: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: I can swallow a two percent increase of my property tax built, but not a thirty percent increase, that's.
Speaker 15: Right, and it will be recalculated. You know, there's a It creates a property tax credit that's equal to the amount of the tax generated by the twenty mil floor. And I can't get into particular details. This just came out yesterday, but I'd encourage everyone to talk to their legislator.
Speaker 9: But this is a whole entire package.
Speaker 15: So not only does it adjust the twenty mil floor, but it also addresses those that are on the homestead exemption. It gives local government the opportunity to match what the state does, so so the funding. Remember that your local property tax. Let me be really clear to every single listener, all of your local property tax stays local. The state makes the laws that affect those taxes, but all of the taxes you pay stay local. None of it goes to the state when it's your property tax. So we need to remember that we have to address the local spending. You had mentioned early earlier, Brian, that you'd be okay with paying some maybe an increased sales tax, and.
Speaker 1: That way everybody participates well.
Speaker 15: And that is something that I've heard from my constituents. They talk about, how you know, we have a school levy and everybody votes yes on the levee except for maybe some of our elderly who are on a homestead exemption. They don't want their property taxes to go up, but everybody votes yes.
Speaker 9: School levies pass. But here's the thing.
Speaker 15: If you don't own property, there's no skin off your teeth in this way. It will require local governments because there's more coming. We'll talk probably more about this today, but it will require potentially counties to consider an increase in sales tax and also potentially an income tax for the school systems because there is an opportunity for them to do that if they so choose, but the people get to vote on that.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, let's pause. We'll bring Jennifer Gross back. We got a whole hour with her, and this has been enlightening, to say the least so far. Seven thirty seven fifty five KRCD Talk Station. Let me steer you in the right direction. When it comes to dentistry. A lot of people don't like the dentist. I was like to say, I love going to dentists because I go to doctor Fred Peck. And doctor Meghan Frus teamed up with doctor Fred Peck. She met his rigorous vetting standards and that speaks volumes of doctor Meghan Frew and the listeners who've let me know that they've gotten dental treatment from doctor Freu just talk about how much they love her. She is such a nice lady and of course an eminently qualified dentists working on her way to accreditation with the American Academy of Cosmedic Dentistry, following Fred Peck's steps. Fred is a fellow with the American Academy and Cosmetic Dentistry. And now you see the before and after pictures of the work that he has done transformative cosmetic dander dentistry. We're talking about life changing dentistry. So, folks, you hate your smile. You one of the people who keeps their hand up in front of their mouth when they're talking because you're afraid that people are going to see your eth You need doctors Peck and Freu, trust me on that. And for general dentistry, it's always the most state of the art clinic, all there for your well it's for your benefit. Sedation dentistry, yes, they do that. The team, the staff all wonderful people. So you're in the right place for all things dentistry with doctors Peck and Fru. To learn more, check out the website Peck pec Kpecksmiles dot com. Call for an appointment five one three six seventy six sixty six six two one seventy six sixty six.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 11: Are you.
Speaker 3: Here's your channel nine first one of weather forecasts rain and showers and maybe some strong storms in waves today, eighty for the high. Overnight it's going to be no rain, that it'll be cloud he's low sixty seven. We have afternoon evening showers and storms developing tomorrow. Otherwise a mostly cloudy start. Eighty for the high tomorrow overnight low sixty five. Rain continues, and then Saturday shouldn't get any rain. That are to be mostly cloudy with the highest seventy seven seventy one degrees.
Speaker 1: Now, let's see what Chuck.
Speaker 10: Has on travel from the UCLP Traffic Center. Millions of Americans are living with Alzheimer's and other dimensions. Find answers from leading brain health experts that you see help learn more you see health dot com.
Speaker 1: Rex are clear.
Speaker 10: He spend two seventy five at Winton and Moss Stellar northbound seventy five continued slow buttermilk into the cut and from above seventy four into Lachland. That's a fifteen minute to lay alone. Southbound seventy five break lights through Lachland as well Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRS.
Speaker 1: The talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven forty two fifty five KRC Detalk Station. Brian Thomas, Jennifer Gross, State representatives some District forty five talking property taxes. Welcome, refreshing a dose of information here. We have local tax commissions and how do they factor into this property tax equation?
Speaker 1: Is your mic on?
Speaker 9: I don't know you are now it is it on? So?
Speaker 15: Well, the local and I'm not an expert in all things all things, but there's a local tax commission at every county and they have the ability to work within your sales tax and raise revenue that way. So Representative Thomas and others have been trying to go around the state and say, hey, you can take a little prop you can take a little pressure off of your homeowners by working within sales tax. But commissioners don't typically want to raise taxes, right, No.
Speaker 3: Unless it's for a stadium. Yeah, sorry, I get that in there.
Speaker 15: Because you're from Cincinnati. I'm in Butler County. We don't have to worry about some of that. I don't take county issues, but yeah, so they can be working on sales tax and that gives buy into everybody in the county, and it increases revenues so that it can take pressure off the homeowner. And that commission usually consists of three people. And I don't quote me on this everybody, but I believe it's a commissioner, the prosecutor, and the auditor maybe those three.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so we have some possible relief in sight. I mean, do you have any idea what this might translate into in terms if this bill passes, or this Property Tax Relief Bill Act and all that's involved with it, the sort of work that's right, what that might translate into in terms of reduction in tax and property taxes.
Speaker 15: The average homeowner in Ohio should see eight hundred and fifty dollars removed from their property tax. It provides approximately three point five billion in direct property tax relief to Ohioans.
Speaker 9: Immediately.
Speaker 1: Well, that's going to be welcome. Welcome.
Speaker 15: Prevent spikes and unvoted property tax I mean, there's multiple bills that can rattle them off. Maybe we'll talk about them in this hour, but it aims to keep taxes and revenues low. It empowers local government to provide direct relief to the how is most vulnerable through a local homestead exemption match that they can add to the state exemption, and it empowers voters to eliminate most unvoted, unvoted taxes for local governments, and it reduces the over reliance on property tax which, as you stated earlier, was determined to be unlawful.
Speaker 14: And yeah, and we need to address that right now. Well, that's the Supreme Court case that I was mentioning earlier. This our school funding mechanism has been deemed unconstitutional for the last twenty years. And yet it's like people complained about Donald Trump defying the courts, and you're going, oh, he's defying the courts.
Speaker 3: This is the downfall democracy. Well, we as a state have been defying our own Supreme Court now for two decades.
Speaker 13: True.
Speaker 9: True, a lot of people level.
Speaker 15: We also have the death penalty in Ohio, but we've had no people that have had to pay for that so during the the wine years.
Speaker 1: So I'm not a fan.
Speaker 3: Of the death penalty because I don't believe in the state's ability to take a life away because you know what, sometimes they screw up.
Speaker 9: True, that's the.
Speaker 3: Reason for not I know, there's some terrible people out there that I would love to see struck down by God in a bolt of lightning, or run over by a truck, or die in some horrific meat grinder incident because they committed a horrific crime. But we know of a lot of cases where their death penalty has been overturned because somebody lied. Witnesses were lying, prosecutors were lying, police didn't do their job right, and then you can't the state shouldn't be able to take a life. I don't want to go down that way.
Speaker 15: That's another example lot of us not following some of the laws of the land.
Speaker 9: But I hear you on that.
Speaker 3: All right, let's continue with Jennifer will ultimately get to medicaid and uh more on the budget is sort of all within the budget, and she will be talking about these six hundred million dollars for the Cleveland Browns Complex. I will ask her about that. Assume you shouldn't bring it up beforehand. It's going to happen. Stick around, folks, right back. Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning, those are the folks to call. They do great work, Zimmer does. They can take care of whatever kind of system you got. Maybe got a problem, a little bump in the road a maintenance issue. They have a maintenance program by the way, and you can get on that and they'll come over to your place on an regular basis, you know, I think annually or maybe bi annually and just keep the system running efficiently, safe, efficient and comfortable is what Zimmer has been doing for homes for more than almost eighty years. But if you get the bad news, part of being a homeowner is sometimes your HVAC system goes belly up. If it happens, it's a good time to get in touch with Zimmer because you get a Carrier Comfort system rebate of fifteen hundred and fifty bucks, take the sting out of heavy to replace the unit. Plus Carrier makes an awesome, awesome system. So brand new system from Carrier fifteen hundred and fifty dollars savings, all done by the trained professionals at Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. So give a call till Chris Zimmer and the crew. Brian said hi, when you do it five one three, five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five ninety eight ninety three check them out online. You can schedule appointment right from the websage and learn more. About what they do, and they do a lot. Go Zimmer dot.
Speaker 9: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: When the power goes out, You're.
Speaker 3: Lucky, John I tell us a following story about the weather. We got rain and showers and waves and then also maybe some storms. Eighty for the high today, overnight cloudy in sixty seven, no rain. Rain starts in the evening Tomorrow. We'll have a cloudy day up until Ben and we get some showers and some storms developing. Eighty for the high range. Continuies overnight with storms expected fit sixty five. The overnight low and highest seventy seven on Saturday with mostly cloudy skies seventy one right now traffic time from.
Speaker 1: The UCUP Tramping Center.
Speaker 10: Megans of Americans are living with Alzheimers and other dimensions. Find the answers from leaving brain health experts. Hey, you see help learn more and you see help. Rex are clear. East pound two seventy five at Winton and Moss Stellar. North pound seventy five continued slow, but a milk into the cut and from above seventy four in the Lachlan that's a fifteen minute to lay alone. South pound seventy five break flights through Blochman as well Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 3: Five to fifty one, fifty five KRSD talk station. I'm sorry seven to fifty one here, I'm looking at the five in fifty on my account or my clock here.
Speaker 9: I'm distracting.
Speaker 3: You are distracting me, Jennifer Gross is a distraction in studio, but a welcome distraction anyhow, Jennifer from District forty five were too breaking things down. So we really did a good job of the property tax thing. Let's start. We'll just get do the tip of the iceberg in this segment as we introduce a more far reaching conversation on issues related to Medicaid. Now, when I talked to Jack Windsor about this, he was looking at that one segment of the Medicaid population, the blind, disabled, and is it elderly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, the ones that most needed Yes.
Speaker 15: The ones that I walled off as a chair and didn't even touch because I thought, I mean, how do I go back to your listeners and the people and say, well, we're going to cut the age, blind and disabled off Medicaid.
Speaker 9: You'd have my head on a platter, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, theoretically, if anybody's going to be deserving of some assistance, it would be them, Yes, But if they've got a lot of money, then they don't need to be in a public assistance program. That's where the public assistance programs comes from, or the need comes from.
Speaker 1: Duh.
Speaker 3: Then I'm not man explaining, but I'm just so disturbed by what our state's third party vendor, a company contracted out to do this kind of work, and that's Lexus Nexus, according to Jack Windsor, and by all accounts have access to eighty five percent of every everybody in the country's bank accounts. They took looked at one slice I think it was twenty five percent of.
Speaker 15: The fifty six percent and found twenty nine percent.
Speaker 1: That's where outside.
Speaker 3: So they look at a little over half of the entire blind, disabled, elderly community and determine that twenty three percent of them have more income, they are not qualified to be in the program. And so he goes back to the High Department of Medicaid and it's like, what's the deal here, And they gave him some long winded, wordy goofy response. He's published it today, but which basically said nothing and my question to him is like, wait a second. They're are vendor. We trust them with the information. They're who we rely on to determine eligibility. In the first place, they determined they aren't eligible, why not send them a letter and so you're kicked out of the program. And if they said were like, what, I don't have that kind of money, they can come back and try to present evidence that it's not their money or they don't have it, or Lexus and Nexus was wrong. That's this simple solution that would result in billions of dollars in savings.
Speaker 1: What in the hell?
Speaker 15: Yes, and let's pull that out. Four thousand Ohio Medicaid beneficia areas were found to be holding one hundred thousand to.
Speaker 9: Nine hundred.
Speaker 15: Nine hundred ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety nine in assets, and twelve people had over a million dollars and they were on Medicaid.
Speaker 9: Let's break that down.
Speaker 15: For that population, they're getting in benefits twenty four hundred and ninety nine dollars a month. So the taxpayer is on the hook for those four thousand people who do not qualify, or twenty nine percent at two thousand, four hundred and ninety nine dollars a month times twelve times every year they were on.
Speaker 9: You can do the math.
Speaker 15: That's where the billions of waste is coming from.
Speaker 1: That would address a lot of claimed budget shortfalls.
Speaker 15: And their legs and property tax. I mean, like we should be moving now. We need to be clear. The federal government matches. We pay thirty five cents on every dollar the federal government.
Speaker 9: We call it a pull down. I do not like it.
Speaker 15: Ohio is thirty to thirty five percent dependent on the federal government. And we could talk about this in the budget.
Speaker 3: It's our neighbors in every other state the tax. I mean, I don't care. It's federal government money. That's our money. I don't want people in Kentucky for paying for our fraud, waist and abuse. I mean, that's what pisses me off so much. I just see I'm getting unhinged here, Jennifer. I mean, it's always well, the federal government's gonna pay. Well, you know, go ahead and expand medicating your state, because the federal government's gonna cover ninety percent of the expansion.
Speaker 1: Damn it. That's taxpayer dollars.
Speaker 9: The federal government we are That's right, that's right. People forget We're gonna draw that down.
Speaker 15: And don't even get me started on snap benefits that are spent in Orlando, Florida.
Speaker 3: See again, if they would more closely look at that, if we would more closely looked at if all the states out there would finally say, no, Moss, We're gonna do a deep dive on this. Now, welcome to the world of artificial intelligence. It's made the job of ferreting this out so much easier. I'm sure some geek like Elon Musk could put it into a computer and have it spit out in like five seconds. Got the list of people who aren't eligible, regardless of which program we're talking about, and weeks all save we could probably cut a trillion dollars out of the government spending every year.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, you aren't kidding even more.
Speaker 3: Let's bring Jennifer back. It's seven fifty five coming up in something fifty six. More to talk about in the next hour ahead, And they spent another half hour with Jennifer here in studio. I'm looking forward to that. Stay around, be right back.
Speaker 2: Another update coming up. The day's top story's at the top of the hour.
Speaker 9: Important issues that are facing this country.
Speaker 1: On fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 9: Now Russia and Ukraine, US terrorists in the market every day, every.
Speaker 1: Day happens here on fifty five krs the talk station eight oh five.
Speaker 3: I fifty about KRC Decaux Station, having a really enjoyable conversation here, cutting through the chaff and focusing on the week with Jennifer Gross High State Representative District forty five. Outspoken she is, and I really appreciate your conviction. You know, it's it's nice to have a politician who knows exactly where they're coming from and why they're coming from where they're coming from. So in our on air and off air discussions, that's come through very loud and clear. You know, there's little term Barbara Streiss and BS. There's a lot of BS politicians out there, and you have no idea whether what they're saying is the truth a lie. They're just trying to appease you for the moment to get you to leave them alone. But you know there's Congressman Massy out there who you know exactly where that guy's going to vote, you know exactly why he's going to vote, way ahead of time. You don't need he doesn't need to utter a symbol. Still, will you just show me a piece of legislation I could look at and say, Massy's going to be a yes, or Massy's going to be another Congressman, Davidson, that's very similar.
Speaker 15: My congressman, best congressman in Ohio if I don't say so myself. Yeah, And Massey with his debt clock, I mean, how do we how do we we need a debt clock in Ohio to be able to show or not in debt?
Speaker 1: But Trump wants to scrap the debt ceiling outright.
Speaker 9: Spending.
Speaker 3: I mean it's saying you know, I'm usually in line with what Trump wants to do. And you know, anytime I criticized Trump, oh my god, I'll get an earful temple. You know I do. But you know, it's like listeners are called. We say, Brian, I agree with like eighty eighty percent of what you say. I believe that I agree with about ninety percent.
Speaker 1: Of what you say.
Speaker 3: I f it's a pretty good batting average. I'll take that, and I expect everybody who agree with me one hundred percent of the time.
Speaker 15: Your wife does your wife agree with you? One hundred percent mine doesn't.
Speaker 3: Of course, she's listening right now.
Speaker 9: My husband's listening.
Speaker 3: You know, if she does disagree withment something, it's going to be something so trivial because we don't fight about anything. We have nothing to fight about. We get along great. Thirty three years this.
Speaker 9: Month, wow, twenty two for me.
Speaker 3: We've been together longer than thirty three years. We started dating in eighty seven.
Speaker 9: So we have a bill.
Speaker 15: We have a bill that that was sponsored by Representative Beth Lear and Josh Williams that focuses on the foundation of the nuclear family with a mom and a dad. The month between Mother's Day and Father's Day is natural family month. Oh well, we're working on legislation for that doesn't discount o their families, right, but it does. It does focus on the solid foundation of There.
Speaker 3: Have been so many studies reflecting that. You know, part of the problem in America is the the the eradication of the nuclear family. And you know the Johnson administration is largely responsible for that because they would only give welfare benefits the single moms. There was no in senator to get married, no one senator to have a guy around the house. Anyway, moving back to Medicaid. Since you're on the Medicaid board and we've already identified one of the problems, which is no one apparently ever gets thrown off in spite of the fact that they don't qualify. How do we fix this? I mean, I keep hearing, oh, that's the county's responsibility, or we don't do that here, and you know, somebody's got to do it. Somebody's got to pull the trigger, and then somebody's gonna have to go through and look at all the working age people who are receiving Medicaid benefits. I mean, but it's complicated, but we're talking about a return on investment that is so huge the problem just can't be ignored any longer, especially since it's coming to our everyone's attention, most notably in that small segment that we just talked about that equals billions of dollars.
Speaker 9: That's right, Brian.
Speaker 15: One of my goals as chair of the Ohio Medicaid Committee has been to open up the vision for people to see what's actually going on. One of the problems with bureaucracy, no matter where it is in government, and that includes Ohio Medicaid, is lack of transparency. So we really need to doge Ohio Medicaid. And we have a director, Director Jada Brady. She's the director over the Joint Medicaid over Site Committee and in my part of the budget, which unfortunately several of those things have been removed. Now I'm hearing in the Senate version of our budget increases transparency. Now, why we would want to decrease trans parency in the Ohio budget as curious to me, as you had stated earlier. With Republicans in charge, I can't answer that, but I have a call to one of the senators on Saturday morning and I'm going to ask them about that. But we have I increase transparency in the budget for Director Braid to dobble.
Speaker 9: We'll see what's going on.
Speaker 15: The current director of medicaidas shall we say, not as transparent as I would like.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe because that person doesn't want to see how poorly and inefficiently the system is run.
Speaker 15: But you know, Brian, I mean, if someone's an alcoholic and they realize they have a problem, that's when we get somewhere right, that's when they go get treatment. So if we and we know that we do in huge government programs Transparency will only help us get well. Transparency helps us fix the problem. You know what, we know we have a problem. It's like we know there's something going on, and.
Speaker 3: Quite often under those circumstances, there will be an intervention.
Speaker 9: Y's right.
Speaker 3: People, the family members are responsible in this particular alcoholic related type scenario. Are the representatives and senators in Columbus that need to intervene. This is one department within state government, and you all know who the problem is, and you all know where the problem is. It's time to stand up and have a sit down conversation and say you need to get your blank together and start saving you know how taxpayer dollars and everybody else in the country's dollars by not wasting so much by letting the problem fester.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 15: Well, Representative Davilla has been the one started the intervention.
Speaker 3: Jack Whitwindsor from early in the program got his information and that was at least he got the ball running. That's right, man, and I hope he scores it.
Speaker 15: Can can I just say Representative Davilla is a Navy commander. I mean those of us who've been in the military are we are used to working hard, and we're also used to government, but we also are used to accountability. And I love that Representative de Villa through people that have helped him in his district. They're the ones who brought this, you know, to his attention and showed him where to go. You know, it's a government of the people, for the people, and buy the people. Davilla acted because he had someone behind him saying, hey, you probably ought to look at this. So he looks at it, and so we get transparency. We need to have that. And he's the intervener. And again as Director of Medicaid, if I can have people and other legislators bring not the Director of Medicaid, the chair of the Ohio Medicaid Committee, bring bills forward to reform this program.
Speaker 9: Every little bit helps.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: I think it's a topic we can probably address in the remaining three minutes of this segment before we go to break. So six hundred million dollars for the blank in Cleveland Browns Complex. I don't want the Bengals to get state taxpayer dollars that you might talk in earlier about our local tax commissions. That's where the tax came to build a stadium in the first place, that was our decision as Hamilton County voters. We made We made the wrong decision. Perhaps we made the right decision, doesn't matter. That's where it came from. I don't know if we ever got any state money for that, but I find the concept of giving private owners of businesses and mean, oh my god, it's the Bengals. No, it's a business. You know, you're not giving the guy down the street with the mom and pop store, the convenience store, whatever, state tax payer dollars. There's no line to stand in for them to hold their hand out and say, hey, can I have a part of the money. So why is it that we're supposed to pay for that in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 15: And why should people in southwest Ohio be taking out a bond for a Cleveland stadium?
Speaker 3: But here's that was the worst proposal because the bond would have been paid for over twenty five years with interest rates, and it would have been to be more like a billion dollars. So they've thrown that out in favor of raiting this this fund that no one knew we had.
Speaker 9: I was unclaimed fund one seven billion.
Speaker 1: I read it was four point seven.
Speaker 9: Wow, Okay, baby, you're right.
Speaker 3: They got a pile of money. Oh was this grab it from that? Like wait a second. First off, you had that that pile of money, and apparently you're allowed to take from it to give it to the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 9: And shouldn't we save that for property tax?
Speaker 1: See that's welcome that.
Speaker 15: Let me tell you, let me go back though that's six hundred million though, Ohio people are on the hook for that. So not that a billionaire is going to default on a loan or a bond, which is a loan right to them, But they're putting fifty million dollars of earnest money down like buying a house six hundred million. But if they defaulted on that loan, the Ohio people would be on the hook for the five hundred and fifty million.
Speaker 9: That's the truth about that.
Speaker 1: That's kind of like student loan for business.
Speaker 15: So so my sixty five and over who just retired are having a hard time paying their property tax, are giving a loan to the Cleveland brown stadiums the stadium there.
Speaker 3: So quickly, do you have any idea who has the pictures of the people who proposed this and voted for it, because clearly there's some information out there that wants to be kept hidden otherwise, I don't know how the Cleveland Browns ends up with all that money to the exclusion of literally every other sports team you know, minor league or professional. You know, Ohio State's got a football field, they got a great team, since at Bengals are there, we got FC Cincinnati. I mean, the list is seemingly endless of people could have their hands out in the sports realm alone. So how is it that they got it?
Speaker 15: Well, I believe that there was pressure obviously in the Ohio House of Representatives to support this, But the day before the vote, I got a request from Paycorps, right, they want some you know, a different version, and then FC Cincinnati, so we of course do.
Speaker 1: And then you're handing out money to sports teams.
Speaker 15: You're going to ask everybody else is going to want it too, So that was part of the reason we didn't. It's not that we don't like Cleveland. I mean, we love the Bengals better down here, of course, but but we don't. But we don't believe as conservatives that that this money should really go in that direction.
Speaker 3: So that's my only point. It is not against the Cleveland Browns. I got no problem with the city of Cleveland. People who live there. I think they're they're they're Ohioans, they are my neighbors, exactly. I've been to Cleveland, you know, I don't care about that. If it was Columbus, or if it was hell War in Ohio was getting this kind of money.
Speaker 1: I'd still asked the same damn question. It's not right principle.
Speaker 9: Let's go back.
Speaker 15: So the Senate is changing that funding from a six hundred million dollar bond in the House budget to taking the money from the unclaimed funds pile in.
Speaker 1: No, but that's to me, beyond the point or beside the point.
Speaker 9: Right, right, It's it's Ohio money.
Speaker 1: It's Ohio money.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 3: It's my taxpayer dollars. It's your taxpayer dollars, and it's going to one family.
Speaker 9: It shouldn't happen.
Speaker 3: It shouldn't. Somebody was threatened behind the scene. I bet there has to be a reason for this. It just it just burns my eye. Eight sixteen fifty five KRCD talk station. If you want your kitchen model, you want to real remodel, right, you want to you want to work with a guy you're gonna love working with. And you know that's Prestige and Tiers specifically John Ryan. He is the company. He's the one that you will will be your partner from initial design to final installation, with you every step of the way. So give John a call and have him come over to your place and check it out easy. And you know, small projects like cabinets and countertops, you're in the right hands. And if you want to gut the whole thing, like my wife and I did working with John, that turned out great. And he's got tons of word of mouth referrals too. I think there was one neighborhood he did like five or six kitchens, so everybody loved the work John did. You will too, a plus with a better business barer. Remember the National Kitchen Bath Association online, it's Prestige one two three dot com, Prestige one two three dot com five one three two four seven zero two two.
Speaker 9: Nine fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: This September twenty one, call Many twenty two.
Speaker 3: We got a few minutes left with Jennifer Gross again representing District forty five here in the state of Ohio, doing a great job. This morning Jennifer and enjoying our conversations and then topic near and dear to your heart. And I just sent Maureen an instant message saying, hang around. You're gonna love this because she just sent me a message. Maureene listens in Florida, but she is all over and has been all over the whole COVID nineteen, the vaccine, the cover up information, and YadA YadA yah. It's one of her favorite topics. And she shows, I got another conspiracy for you. So she's self deprecating in that regard because a lot of things she's told me over the years of like, there's no way anyway. One of the things we learned during COVID nineteen is that the pharmacies were not allowed to fill ibermactin prescriptions. And I found that quite offensive, and I didn't realize that they were able to interfere with a physician's practice of medicine. The physician is a diagnostician. There is such a thing is off label use of drugs. We've been doing this forever and if the physician and his infinite wisdom, after talking with his or her patient about the potential downside risk, and we've tried this that hasn't worked.
Speaker 1: We tried.
Speaker 3: I've got an idea. Maybe this will help you get the relief you need. They were stopped from doing that.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 1: Cold, No, you're gonna lose your license. That to me, that blew my mind.
Speaker 9: That's right, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 15: So my answer to that in Ohio was HB twelve, which is due to be voted out of the Ohio Health Committee this week. So if you have a representative in your district, or even if you don't, and you like a bill, it's called the Jeff, Dave and Angie Right to Try Act. And Jeff Smith was a man who died in Westchester hospital. His wife had to sue the hospital to get ivermectin and then unfortunately she paid seven thousand to get it, and then the local judge took it away, and then Jeff died in the hospital, and so and then Dave and Angie also up north. They also died in an Ohio hospital. Patients were requesting averramectin, hydroxychloroquin budestinied numerous other drugs Brian but there was only one drug and that was remdy severe and a ventilator and Unfortunately, physicians lost that opportunity to say, you know, I think we ought to try this. I have doctor witnesses that have come up to the state House and spoken about how they were not allowed to utilize different treatments, and this bill protects that patient provide a relationship, the sacred relationship. Also allows the physician to have free speech, which was vetoed by the governor last year with a similar bill like this one of mine, and so we came back again. I believe that patients and providers need to have a private, safe grid relationship, and that pharmacists the important part of the team and collaborators with the team, are not the prescriber. They don't examine the patient, they don't look at the patient, they know their history and and so there are there are a lot more details to the bill. Main opposition is the Ohio Pharmacists Association. Oh shocking, and that's unfortunate. But not all pharmacists are against it. I mean some pharmacists did dispense but but but a lot of people did not, and there was pressure for them not to. And when a patient gets prescribed to medication, Brian, who do they return to if that that medication is rejected, they go back to the physician who prescribed the treatment. Now, this bill allows if the pharmacist says, hey, this is going to kill the patient, they don't drug interaction.
Speaker 3: That's what pharmacists are for. No, you're taking that medication. If you take this one on top of it, you're going to die.
Speaker 15: And that is protected in this bill. They still have the ability to do all of that, but they don't get to tell a physician I'm not going to give this because I don't I don't agree with your plan.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to give you this because Moderna came up with a vaccine. Well, that doesn't mean you have to take the Moderna vaccine. You're entitled to try something alternative and that, you know, especially with a demonstrably safe pill.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, I remeke them.
Speaker 3: It's been around for decades, it's solved all kinds of problems, and you may reject the idea that it's going to help you with your COVID and you're allowed to be in that camp. That's where the informed decision comes in. No, No, I believe what everybody's telling me, that you're crazy to take a orse warm pill or whatever. But it's been well documented that you know, in the final analysis it did actually kind of work for a lot.
Speaker 9: Of folks, and it's over the counters.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why the pharmaceutical companies hate it. Because it's no longer subject to a patent. It can be manufactured inexpensively and cheaply, and.
Speaker 15: People don't understand that sometimes. And I want to remind your listeners that twenty to sixty percent of all prescriptions prescribed by providers are off label. So doctors see that it works for something else that it wasn't originally indicated by the FDA, but the FDA determines any drug that's out there is safe for human consumption.
Speaker 3: Well, that's how you got vi ager because it was supposed to be a blood pressure medications, right, And they pet guys were coming in and going.
Speaker 1: Hey, can I get some more of this?
Speaker 3: Like well why Like they discovered, oh my god, it really does work, Amen, and making made billions and billions and billions of dollars stumbling upon it as an off label use. Jennifer Gross, this has been a wonderful conversation. You can come in anytime. We'll talk again more. And I appreciate your time with my listeners of me today. Thank you Brian stick around, I heard me the aviation next where Jay Ratlowe joins the program. Next we have a long list of topics with Jay and I hope, I hope you'll wait around for that.
Speaker 1: I'm listen on the drive home to catch up on my den.
Speaker 9: I listened for the traffic here I'm a news junkie and the weather.
Speaker 1: I listened all day at work.
Speaker 9: I listened because they talk more than just politics.
Speaker 1: For every day going to work. The traffic, the talk shows are pretty fun for everyone.
Speaker 8: In the weekends and the garages I work on my car listen.
Speaker 9: I listen for free the news and the webbing traffic.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love the top on air and on the iHeartRadio. I wish I could listen more on fifty five KRCZ talkstation. All right, Gary, sobad, It's time for the weather.
Speaker 3: Channel nine says we've got rain, rain and showers kind of on and off, maybe some storms as well. High have eighty over night, low sixty seven with clouds.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We get a cloudy day up until the afternoon evening hours when the showers and storms will develop. Eighty for the high Tomorrow during the night time. We have a sixty five low and rain and some storms are expected Saturday.
Speaker 1: They say maybe a.
Speaker 3: Little rain but just a possibility, but otherwise mostly cloudy with high of seventy seven.
Speaker 1: Seventy three Now traffic time from the UC Help Trampic Center.
Speaker 10: Millions of Americans are living with Alzheimer's or other dimensions. Find answers from leading brain health experts that you see help learn more at you sehelp dot com. Northbound seventy five continues to run close to an extra twenty minutes from above seventy four to a broken down semi in the left lane near Galbren. Southbound seventy five break rights through Lachland Butterworth Roads blocked off above Loveland near Mainville Road due to a tree down. Chuck Ingram on fifty five to Euroce the talk station.
Speaker 3: Hey, thirty one, fifty five carsite talk station. I love Thursdays at this time because you get talked to. iHeartMedia, aviation, extort and all around. Great guy. Jay Rattliff, Welcome back, Jay, my friend. Pleasure to have you on as always.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's a highlight of my week. Brother. So yeah, I'm glad it's.
Speaker 3: Thursday, and we have a seemingly unlimited number of topics to go through today based upon the list you gave me. I didn't know you do you know why I did that? Though, Okay, you didn't mon any curveballs.
Speaker 16: There you go, nineteen different topics. There's no way I'll get a car. Forgive me for underestimating your curveball ability.
Speaker 1: My friend, that's okay.
Speaker 3: You have any boy, but you always hit him. You always hit him. I mean, you know, I'll tell you a curve ball, you hit it. Ye listen, it doesn't matter whether it's a slider or Yeah. I real quick without having to go down that road. I saw Boeing's paying one point one billion to avoid prosecution for the seven thirty seven knots crashes.
Speaker 16: No criminal charges. We're not gonna, you know, we're not gonna say that we did anything criminally. We're not gonna blah blah go to court where it might be drag out and a lot of this stuff be rehashed. But you know, you and I talked about that's exactly.
Speaker 5: What was going to take place.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, look, look when President Trump was elected and I saw Boeing and all the airlines lining up to donate one million.
Speaker 5: Dollars to the Trump Inaugural Fund.
Speaker 16: My thought, here we go again, Yeah, because they're going to be allowed to pull this crap time and time and time again and once again yeah Boeing after admitting they did things, in my estimation criminal criminal.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that.
Speaker 16: No, no, absolutely, I mean other than money. And the families are just like beside themselves thinking what does it take to get justice or just deliberate over an extended period of time that.
Speaker 3: Should have resulted in a massive punitive damage award. Anyway, Why would United Airlines want to delay additional cockpits safety requirements? You think that they be all over that.
Speaker 16: Well, you know, the thought is right now, the safety and it's just not United, it's it's several airlines, but it was right now. The safety protocol is if one of the crew members in the cockpit needs a laboratory, you've got the flight attendant who gets the beverage cart and they block access as best they can to the galley area into the cockpit as the door opens and shuts. And the thought has always been, we've got to have something that is more secure than just a male or female flight.
Speaker 1: Attendant beverage cards. It does so kind of half assed, but.
Speaker 16: Again it's it's the best we can do. So it was decided in now two thousand and nineteen, but then finalized in twenty twenty three that we would have a secondary cage door, if you will, that flight attendants could pull locked shut right there at the beginning of the galley that would in essence prevent anybody from getting where near that hallway between the galley and the cockpit, where someone could exit the cockpit, go the lavatory and come back out without any worry at all of anyone being able to access the cockpit during a time when that door is open. The Airlines were given in twenty twenty three a two year deadline until August of twenty twenty five to have this underway. Any surprise that they're nowhere near that August twenty twenty five deadline, So right now they're asking for two more years, and I suspect in two years, my friend, you and I are gonna be talking about them requesting another extension, because here's my thought, Airlines, if they can take a pickle off of a sandwich to save X amount of fuel per year, they're.
Speaker 5: Going to do it.
Speaker 16: Now they're being told to add a very heavy security cage to the aircraft, when many of them may think this is Jay's speculation. Here, Wow, what we're doing works. Why do we have to add extra weight which costs us extra money blah blah blah to the airplane when what we have right now works. So that's why when a lot of these bozos talk about safety, is are number one priority? I just want to throw up or throw something at the TV or whatever I'm watching, because I'm thinking, no, it's not. If it was guess what two years ago, this would have been a priority. It wasn't, not one bit. And the thought process is that eventually Airbus m Boeing will be at least offering on their package of options, the ability to buy an aircraft with one of these you know, caged yeah type, which is a secondary barrier to the cockpit door which is already locked, and then you've got something else that, when needed can be put into place simply swing and locked and when not needed swings right back right.
Speaker 1: You know, at least you can say that it's the way it costs issue. Period.
Speaker 3: In the story, they're not again security they're just against moving in that direction because of the thing.
Speaker 16: If you want it delayed, can you not say that you're not as security minded as as we like? And again that's my speculation, that's my opinion. That may have nothing to do with it. But if airlines are consistent, and believe me they are, you'll look at a lot of things that the FAA recommends, Hey, you should do this because the engine has had issues. Well, no, right, you're not being forced to, so they're not in you know, contray or any contradiction with an FAA mandate they were offered.
Speaker 5: They said no, yeah, but believe.
Speaker 16: Me, safety is still are number one priority. The engine blows up and they're like, oh, yeah, I guess, I guess we'll check there.
Speaker 3: The door flies off. Eight thirty seven will continue after these brief words, there's a lot of stuff happening, peace steals, trade deals, tax deals.
Speaker 1: And stuff like that. And you've got a lot of stuff to do, work, family stuff. I got some health stuff.
Speaker 2: So will stuff at all into news updates.
Speaker 1: This is really serious stuff. At the top added bottom of the hour, one big beautiful.
Speaker 3: Bill getting the economy going again.
Speaker 1: Harrow stand off with China Russia and Ukraine a severe weather threat.
Speaker 2: Paper conclude, checky and often for all this stuff.
Speaker 1: You need to know this stuff on fifty five krs.
Speaker 3: Channelin weather rain, rain, shower, storms, fossil eighty for the high Thaudi over night sixty seven. Got some rain in the evening afternoon hours tomorrow. Maybe some storms eighty for the high rain likely over night Friday as well. Storms are expected in a Hello of sixty five seventy seven high Saturday with mostly fatday skys. It's seventy three right now.
Speaker 1: Traffic times from the.
Speaker 10: U see up Traumphics Center. Millions of Americans are living with Alzheimer's or other dementias. Fine answers from leading brain health experts that you see health learn more at you see health dot com.
Speaker 1: Northbound seventy five.
Speaker 10: Just a few break fights between buttermilk and piles, then very heavy above seventy four. Good for an extra twenty minutes into lock on thanks to a broken down a gap where that box them up lane Chuck Ingram on fifty five KARC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been in a cockpit before? Hey? Forty one fifty about KRCD talk station.
Speaker 3: Jay Ratliff has I ared me the aviation expert going through the topics. I want to jump ahead on your list because I'm wildly curious to know why the TSA is warning travelers against using airport charging stations.
Speaker 5: They're being hacked.
Speaker 4: Oh no, what happened.
Speaker 16: What happens is a lot of times when we travel, most of us carry with us the devices we need.
Speaker 5: To recharge our electronics.
Speaker 16: Sure, but sometimes you go to an airport and they'll have the central charging station with a lot of different outlets that's provided by the airport, and you go up and you know, just plug it in and go right. Well, apparently some individuals, through technology that I don't understand, have the ability to utilize these charging stations, and if somebody charges the device, there's a way.
Speaker 5: That they can hack into that device while.
Speaker 16: It's there, allowing them to gain access to everything that's on your device, which means passwords and financial information and anything else that you might have happen to have that you use that device for. So the TSA thing being very careful as you do this, because several people have reported this taking place.
Speaker 5: It's a lot like the ATM.
Speaker 16: Sometimes people slap something on there that looks like where you would put the card, and when you do, it's not to access the ATM or whatever. It's for somebody to read the information, get your information, then use that to steal from you. And it's a similar type approach here where these charging stations are being used as a conduit for people to access some of our private information.
Speaker 3: A little advance into tech. Friday's Day Hatter. Every Friday at six thirty.
Speaker 16: I'll leave that dar brother Dave to go deep in the weeds there. That's as far as I can go.
Speaker 3: That's great, Okay, Now, how is it that airlines are charging solo travelers more than couples?
Speaker 1: I mean, don't.
Speaker 3: Aren't tickets purchased individually, whether you're going as a couple or an individual.
Speaker 16: They are, But then you're you're giving airlines far too much credit. If there's a way that they can zing us, they're gonna do it, because what happens is a lot of times when you have people that are traveling, let's say on a couple, they're traveling, they're cost conscious and as such, what happens is they'll look for the cheapest fair and they're not as interested in schedule as much as they are in the cheapest fair. But individuals are traveling by themselves. Many times it's for business and they're secondary cost conscious, primary the schedule. So what has been found out is there have been occasions where we've had airlines that are charging for if you had a couple flying round trip on a specific route, it might be two hundred and sixty six dollars per person round trip. If you put in a search for one person traveling on the same dates, same flights, same airline, it's not two sixty.
Speaker 5: Six, it's four to twelve.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 5: And the thought is, wait a minute, time out here.
Speaker 16: We're all on the same airplane, we're flying at the same time, and checking what airlines are doing is saying, you know, that business traveler has to be there, so let's you know, I had a little premium to that man or woman's fair. So it's it's something that you know, forgive me for saying this, but it's true. It would never have happened under the Biden administration. This kind of crap where airlines are blatantly doing things, is that the Bide administration would have done something about it. It just you know, and I told you, I said the bide. Deministration drove me crazy. There was nothing I liked about it other than they held airlines accountable. And the Trump administration, which I'm thrilled he's our president. The airlines are going to be given some latitude. So if I'm traveling by myself on an upcoming trip, I'll be checking the airline's website as well a third party website, and I will be checking for two people flying from here to Vegas or wherever I need to go to on business. And then I'm going to change that search from two people to one, and I'm going to make sure it's the same.
Speaker 1: Fair There you go.
Speaker 16: American Airlines, American Airlines, United and others have been caught excessively charging passengers and they're gonna say whatever craft They're gonna say as far as well, it's based on demand, blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's based on.
Speaker 16: Them trying to squeeze every penny out of us as they can't. And when you catch somebody doing that, if they're your airline of choice, maybe find another airline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. Appreciate the pro tip there too. Day it's eight forty five, will continue, won't get through the whole list today, though we've got some good stuff to go over. One more segment with day Ratliffe a series of events.
Speaker 2: The most important event make four eventful days the Middle East making.
Speaker 5: Peace deals and trade deals.
Speaker 7: Gatari funded air Force one.
Speaker 9: It's a great gesture.
Speaker 11: Cutting pharmaceutical drug prices in these eventful times.
Speaker 9: More time to pass this big beautiful bill.
Speaker 1: Buying time with time.
Speaker 13: In any event important events, I'll press it into events.
Speaker 1: Checky everything that's happening in real top fifty five krs the talk station. Final look at the weather.
Speaker 3: Rain, showers and some storms are possible and kind of in waves eighty for the high. Overnight low sixty seven with clouds Tomorrow in the afternoon and evening hours.
Speaker 1: String showers and storms will develop.
Speaker 3: We'll see high at lead Overnight rain is likely, maybe some storms sixty five for the low and mostly cloudy Saturday, high at seventy seven.
Speaker 1: Closing out at seventy two. Time for final traffic from the uc UP Trampic Center.
Speaker 10: Megans of Americans are living with Alzheimer's and other dementias. Fine answers from leading brain held experts that you see help learn more and you see help dot com northbound.
Speaker 1: Seventy five slows a bit fun.
Speaker 10: And to Carlo's been very heavy above seventy four to a broken down semi in the left lane, New York Cowbern.
Speaker 1: That's over a twenty minute delay.
Speaker 10: I found seventy one slows a bit at Redbank, Chuck Ingram, I'm fifty five krcs.
Speaker 1: He talked station Hey forty nine.
Speaker 3: I think about Kersee talks DAS one more with IRMDIA aviation expert Jay Ratliffe. Jay Dave had it from interest I to you is listening. You know what that concept is called juice jacking. Juice jackie, juice jacking. So when somebody's still.
Speaker 5: Going to steal that, I know, No, don't like it was my word.
Speaker 1: It's a thing.
Speaker 3: I mean if if Dave says it, it's a thing, I don't think he's pulling up the whole cloth.
Speaker 5: So he's gonna steal his words. Juice jacking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can.
Speaker 16: Guarantee you I will get it wrong and say something totally stupid.
Speaker 5: It's close to that, but well we'll see.
Speaker 1: But thank you, Dave.
Speaker 3: You get a phrasing button from Joe on that as well. All right, just because it's a funny story, and even though I will be sixty in September, it still sounds like something I'd like to do. The two year old at Newark Airport.
Speaker 16: Cue the music mission Impossible music.
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Mom and dad are checking in at the Jet Blue ticket counter and this little two year old is doing what two year olds do, just you know, everywhere. Next thing, you know, he kind of gets away from mom and dad, who apparently their attention was elsewhere, and he goes over the little step over behind the ticket counter.
Speaker 5: The Jet Blue.
Speaker 16: Agents, yeah, I guess they don't seem he remains invisible, and he gets on the baggage.
Speaker 1: Belt and down he goes.
Speaker 16: He's down and turning the corner before he disappears, before anybody really spots him, and by that time it's too late. Now, this isn't a toboggan kind of ride, because what happens is those bags have security codes on him, or codes that the labels that as it's going through there, they had these large arms that are calibrated for bags that could be forty to fifty pounds that move those bags with some force to other belts that are going in other places, so that the bags can be directed where they need to be. Now, seriously, if a toddler was down there, one of these calibrated arms were to activate prematurely and strike the child, it would kill him.
Speaker 3: Oh oh yeah, it's oh so it's not as it's not as comedic as I was thinking it would be because we.
Speaker 5: Know the kids.
Speaker 16: Okay, no, but because we've had some we a lot of times. You'll see them put the really really small bags in a in a toboggan thing and the because the reason for that is when the arms hit, we want the carrier to take the force of it because if not, you're gonna damage. Bag claims go lower as those bags go flying off the wall. But what happens is there's a video that's gone viral of a TSA room. They're screening bags, several agents. It's black and white, and here comes the belt down from the ceiling bag bag two year old toddler, bag bag bag and then everybody grammer to go grab him, and fortunately he was okay, reunited with the careless parent.
Speaker 1: Careless parents, Well, look.
Speaker 16: Every one of us have momentarily lost track of our kids. You just don't want it to be in a point where they can be in that kind of danger and believe me, could have ended that way. But if you if you want to a chuckle and I hate to use that word, you can go to YouTube and there's several examples of kids that just.
Speaker 5: Went for a ride.
Speaker 16: One poor lady who thought that the bag behind the counter was the moving sidewalk to her gate and she stepped on it and wrote it around until the wall kind of knocked her down and she disappeared on the other side of the wall. It was an elderly lady. Fortunately she was okay. But wow, yeah, those things happened.
Speaker 1: I guess they do. I understand.
Speaker 3: Atlanta Airport is changing the way they screened their crew members, the airline flight crews. What's this one about.
Speaker 5: It's called non crew members.
Speaker 16: It's a program that allows if you and our pilots in uniform active duty lighting sentence as well, we can actually go through a separate line at the airport for screening. I found that most of the time, most of them, we're not gonna be screened, okay, which be sure, I D Boom will go right through. Occasionally the FA is gonna pull one of us out for screening. It's called random screening. That FAA loves random screening. I hate random screening. But anyways, because I always say, if it's such a good idea, my friends at the FA, let's do with passengers. And of course we'll love to do that. But in Atlanta brand they're finding all these pilots that have loaded firearms. Oh wow, whoops, excuse me. So they're saying, I guess this random stuff isn't working like we thought it should, so they are going to drop that go to a different crew members screening type program. It's probably still gonna have some random nature to it, but something that is going, in essence require more screening for the crew members. And it needs to remember Atlanta was the place that also did not screen employees from the time they went from the parking lot to the ramp. It was random. And they found out that there was a gun smuggling ring by some Delta agents between Atlanta and New York, and they decided, hmm, maybe we should start screening every single person. It wor only handful of airports in the country do it. And you I've talked about it forever, and I've been talking about it for thirty years. You have airports that have collectively across the country, probably a million people a month that touch airplanes that aren't screened. If we're talking about catering, if we're talking about the fuel, talking about the ground agents. Now they are randomly screened, and I always get mean emails from the FA anytime I say it, are not screened, But I'm sorry, I don't look at random as an effective means of security. Ladly, one of these individuals could be coerced bribed into putting something they think is non dangerous on an airplane, only to find out it very much is. Yea, and those types of things. And again, we spend billions of dollars inside the security for airports, and we showed we should totally do that. But there's other measures we need to be taking. In Atlanta, they're going to be making one of those changes.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, all right, as we do. We have to part company, which I don't like, but we do. So let's end on hub delays.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that's the quite fastest segment of the week for me, Detroit, Dallas and Charlotte. And I think Charlotte's going to be the absolute headache of the day. So if you're connecting on America through Charlotte.
Speaker 5: Make sure they have Boay to get a hold of you.
Speaker 16: Get to the airport a little early because we're going to be seeing some flight delays through that hub today.
Speaker 3: Really enjoy our time together, Jay. I look forward to next Thursday and doing it again. And as always, best of health and loved you and your better half. Take care of my friend.
Speaker 5: You too as well.
Speaker 3: Thank you, heyf you five if you bub Kennasity Talk Station, wonderful line up.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Joe Streker, Jack Windsor, editor in chief of the Ohio Press Network and kind of investigative reporter hosts The Windsor Report. We talked about medicaid fraud, which is a great springboard of my conversation full hour with Jennifer Gross, representating District forty five here in Ohio. We did talk medicaid, we did talk about the the six hundred million dollars and other aspects of the budget, and we talked a lot about property tax. So well worthy conversation with Jennifer's pleasure heaven Or in studio and answered quite a few questions. Plus Jay Rattliff you podcast all that fifty five KRC dot com. Thanks again, Joe Stricker for everything you do. I'll look forward tomorrow with Tech Friday's Dave Hatter, who's out there intrust it dot COM's rEFInd Dave and learn a lot. Every Friday at six point thirty, folks, I hope you have a wonderful day and don'lkle wegg Lenbeck's next.
Speaker 2: Stay on top of the day's biggest stories at the top.
Speaker 1: Of the hour, and that's so important.
Speaker 2: Another update coming up on fifty five KRC, the talkstation.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by A Tree