Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 2: News need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 1: As we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hey, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talks even one three eight two five five. I'm bringing in the studio Mark and sues, and I'm waiting for Jeff Vick camera transmission. I think he's gonna show up for car Friday next summer. Oh, you're he's at the studio. Okay. I thought he was coming to me. Okay, that's good. He's at the studio. I don't see his his funny face, so.
Speaker 4: You got him shine on the back of my head coming off the camera.
Speaker 3: All right, good, all right, good, So you're there. Then then I had sent you a text saying the Bears doc good, excellent, excellent. Let's talk three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Anyway, So I want to talk about this somehow, some way, Mark, you you took a call because the guy sent us a follow up email because I don't recognize the problem, so I figured you did. And for those listening, we take problems questions complaints and work on all kinds of stuff. And I have an update on Drew as well, and let's do it with one wacko dude.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Well, you know Mark, Okay, he's very he is a very strange and usual. But he wrote me a letter and and now he's saying I made a pledge and a promise to him and don't go back on it. What was the pledge in promise? Okay, I did say to him, I want to help you. Give me your username and password. I want to help you. I want to edit your your GoFundMe. I want to make a better a plea for you on that go fund me. But in order he wants me to change the phone number to mine and take the calls. I'm not going to do it. I'd never pledge that. What I said was i'd help him with the description. Here's the problem with Drew. He's not this is not I mean, I know he feels that this is going to be his end all.
Speaker 5: He's going to be out of recap his latest thing. Though I don't think people really know what I know.
Speaker 3: I've known him over twenty years. Okay, he's listened to me when I was in New York and on WABC, and he lives in Jersey and he's followed me for years and years and years, and when I was nationally syndicated out there, he listened to me and I did help him on a few things. Did he bring a big story to you at one point or no? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, And so I forget what it was had to do with investments, but yeah, no, No, the guy is a good researcher and he has a lot of credibility with me. As far as certain issues. There have been times I think that he he just it seems like conflict follows this many and he'll say no, but and he'll say he's attacked because of his standings with his faith and all of that. But I don't want to get into that right now. Here's what I want to tell you. His most recent thing is he had he's in his late seventies, but he said that he was injured. There are two personal injury suits, isn't that right? Day? Two personal injury suits hold on a go Aheazer.
Speaker 6: There are two ongoing personal injury cases.
Speaker 3: Too, And we talked, we researched this, but anyway, bottom line is he said there was a guy backed perpendicular to a curb up on the curb. Now it wasn't alongside like parking parallel. He was perpendicular ninety degrees to the curb. And it was at night. I think he said it was a night or was low visibility.
Speaker 7: It sounded like it was at night, and the guy had his tailgate up or the tailgate was going up and down.
Speaker 3: I don't recall but the exact details, but Drew walked into it and he said that it was negligence on this guy's part, but then he had another personal intrigue, so he said after that he couldn't work anymore. He was, you know, And so he's running out of money and he figures he'll be out of money in December. So they want to go fund me, and gofund me is terrible. The gofund me side he has is absolutely terrible. It talks about Kamala Harris more than anything, and how she made him broke, and it doesn't talk about an out of work preacher who's injured and needs help. And I told him, you know what, you need to edit this thing. But I think he's getting the false impression that I'm going to have some magical power when I do it, and I'm not taking control of his GoFundMe. I'm not going to do it. And when I go in to try to edit the verifications go to his phone number, I can't and I'm not going to change it to my phone number. So he writes me these guilt emails that quite frankly, I kind of I don't like it. You promised, you pledged me, you did this, you did that, you know, And he says, you need to help me. Okay, I'm going to try to help them. And we did research his lawsuits. They're very weak at best and will take maybe five to ten years.
Speaker 8: Tom, I think it's very important for Drew to understand that regardless of the merit of his two personal injury cases, any judgment or any settlement for that matter, well it's far, far, far far in the future, and his financial situation is so dire that neither of these cases can possibly help him get out of this situation, not.
Speaker 3: Now, and I don't think the YouTube will either. I'm just a little distressed over this, So let's let's just keep going here. Man, That's all I can do. Let me take some calls and I'll bring again Mark and Seue's back. It's just truly.
Speaker 1: Oh on.
Speaker 3: Now I got everybody in there. Good, thank you, I even see ugly Doc. And let's talk about your problem. Jessica, how can we help you? And then Mark, I'm going to go over that other one with the rent till. I believe that was sent as a result of a call you took yesterday. Jessica, what's going on?
Speaker 9: Hi, thank you station my call. I am having some issues with Stevens and Lexus of Lakewood some service they did on my car.
Speaker 3: What's going on? Now? You have a Lexus and what twenty ten Lexus? What happened?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 9: So I brought it in for a routine oil change and it was time for a break job, so I had that added on and done as well. They sent me on my own.
Speaker 3: By the way, sh had mentioned, Stephenson is no longer Stevenson. I mean it might be called Stephenson. But okay, so what happened? You took it in for service.
Speaker 10: Yep, that's the.
Speaker 9: Break job done, they said. Everything else looked great. About a week later, I was hearing a noise from my tire and scheduled an appointment to take it back in and on my way there, the tire fell off my car while I was driving it.
Speaker 3: This was a week.
Speaker 6: Later, the tire or the.
Speaker 9: Whole wheel, the whole Yeah, the whole wheel with the somb written.
Speaker 3: This was a week later.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was about two weeks by the time I, you know, had that appointment after.
Speaker 3: Will fallen off? Two weeks later? What do you think, Jack? Wait? Wait, well, wait, hold on one second. When did the noise start? The noise?
Speaker 9: Yeah, the noise started about a week after, and it was it wasn't anything that I was very alarmed with.
Speaker 3: It just sounded like okay, So a week later, okay, she heard a noise a week later, and then a week after that the wheel fell off.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the wheel fell off.
Speaker 11: As I was thinking it back to the.
Speaker 3: Was it why get or anything at any point? And which wheel was it?
Speaker 9: My front driver's side? And they worked on that right, Yeah, they took all the wheels, they did all the breaks on all the tires.
Speaker 3: So so okay. So then Jeff Mark asked Aptley, what what do you think I mean?
Speaker 4: Usually if you have loose lug nuts, it's going to happen a lot faster than that. To make literally happen.
Speaker 3: What would make the noise? What would make that noise? What kind was it? A grinding noise? What kind of noise?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was like a grinding noise that it would only really happen when I was driving slow and it looked like one of the lug nuts snapped off. And then I'm sure all the rest.
Speaker 3: What do they say now though? When you brought it back to them?
Speaker 9: Yeah, when I first brought it back, you know, they said, this is not your fault. We'll take a look at it and see what's going on.
Speaker 11: We're so sorry.
Speaker 9: And then it took them a full another two weeks and they got back to me yesterday and said that my aftermarket rims are the issue and that they don't have proper spacing for my car. But they did not tell me that when I got the job done, So that feels like something they should have told me when I got the job done.
Speaker 4: That's entirely possible, and that's actually really easy to miss when you're miss mixed matching, you know, something aftermarket with something on we am. I have a very good friend with a tire shop, but don't you with several different vehicles where.
Speaker 3: Don't you think they're responsible for this tire falling off or not.
Speaker 4: They should have some culpability. Yes, I don't know that they should share the whole thing, but yeah they do.
Speaker 3: How long did you have those rims prior to bringing it in for the break jap?
Speaker 12: I have.
Speaker 9: I've had the car for six years.
Speaker 4: Can't be tied again.
Speaker 9: I've had them swapped by another tire company. I have two sets of tires.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't.
Speaker 5: So the off set wouldn't be the offset and the bolt pattern.
Speaker 3: What would it be?
Speaker 4: Not necessarily the offset on the bolt pattern. But you know, most lucknuts now are closed off on the top, not like when you and I were kids and which went all the way through like a nut.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So if you run it down at bottoms out before it's got that time that it takes a few weeks if you have just enough tork on it, because you're just when you're talking down a nutther of bulls, you're only stretching the threads. Got it, Okay, So it's going to take some time to back that off.
Speaker 3: I got it. So they're refusing to do anything, is what you're saying.
Speaker 9: Yes, so far, I've been trying to get a hold of the manager just see if there's anything they can do. But they said that it's not they're not liable for any.
Speaker 5: I think we may a call over to the service department, Kelly and see if we can't get them on.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 9: I think I have a number as well if you yeah, give it to Kelly.
Speaker 3: But I mean what I mean, really? What do you think? Tom? Do you think they should be paying for this? I do?
Speaker 5: I do, Yes, she had it six years and these people can't get it right. I'm sure she's had tires put on or tires rotated and whoever that did it right?
Speaker 4: Well, not to mention she's got four of those tires on there, four of those wheels on their one out of failure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you're trying to cover something up. Hey, let's let.
Speaker 3: Who should we give this to to make some phone calls? Doc? Do you want to call over there and Doc? What have you been working on? I know yesterday?
Speaker 13: Hey, I got a great follow up for you, Tom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do that after the break, Okay. And who's that ugly guy sitting where I normally do or where you normally do? Mark? Because geez, that's our new computer experts and things. Oh he's fixing things. Okay, okay, we got he's helping. It's computer frid like in the nineties. I'm just kidding. The y two k bugs ready to kick in and we're all terrified. You know what I like about him? He does everything. I mean, I believe he was the restroom attendant handing out paper towels when I was in there last. Dominic has been around as long well, I would say as long as you have no not quite, but he's been there a long time. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I mean in fact, when I started at that, iHeart he was a baby. Anyway, to hold you, how Dominic? How old are you? Bro? How old are you? He is forty nine When he was four years old, he was four years old. Okay, anyway, three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five, Okay, we do have more coming up. I just want to tell you about Frank durand the real estate Man dot com. Remember get your market value for your home what it will sell for based on his thirty years experience with no obligation. Frank durin the real Estateman dot com. We love the guy whether you're buying or selling, and no obligation to get that price. That's three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three all three seven to seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight Heating dot com. The forty dollars forty five dollars deep clean and they're high efficiency units. If you ever need a new unit, don't get a regular one. They specialize in dual fuel hybrids or high efficiency and they're great people eight eight eight Heating dot Com. I think they've been on a referraless mark Now for twenty years. A Garrett in the team far unbelievable man. In fact, I'm bringing him up.
Speaker 5: I think it noon just for a few minutes, because I have gotten three emails in the past I think three or four days, and I don't think I've ever gotten that on one of the things they're doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah and praise three h three seven seven zero two seven seven six. Okay, so let's go back.
Speaker 13: I got that update for you, Tom.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do that, and then Jessica back to Jessica to see what we can do for her with Stevenson go ahead doc. Which one was this?
Speaker 13: Michelle called out our Cadillac escalation.
Speaker 3: You twenty Cadillacs. She said that at one hundred and fifty thousand miles from Harlan Automotive and Retridge. The next day, the engine light went on misfire. It showed the code said misfire an improper function of two cylinders. Dealers supposedly fixed it. The same day, the engine light went back on, got the same error codes. Two weeks later, the dealer says the engine shot. They will replace the engine, which is amazing because she got no warranty with this whatsoever. She bought it as is. Then the engine light came on again after the replacement engine. Oh my god, this thing. And by the way, the replacement engine was used. So the dealer now says, look, you know what, We'll trade you out of the vehicle if you want, but we've done all we can for you. What's going on, Doc?
Speaker 14: Well, apparently they heard the deputy doc was on the case because after uh I said I was going to take the case, they called Michelle and they are going to She's going to return the car and get all her money back.
Speaker 3: That is the way to do it. You want to know why, because they did not sell it properly in my opinion, because she did not have that the missions voucher. So they're going to undo the deal. They're going to undo the deal. That is. So is she happy?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 14: The thing is, she said she doesn't have a car, So I said, look.
Speaker 3: Well wait wait wait wait, did she trade a car.
Speaker 14: In I she no, I don't think so, I don't know what they did, all right, But she said she didn't have a car, So I told her, look, get a rental car for Friday and Saturday. Go find yourself in another car and get a make sure you get a pre purchased inspection done.
Speaker 13: Don't wind up in the same boat that you are with the.
Speaker 3: Cadillac exactly now, Jessica. So I believe that Stevenson has some culpability here, as everyone in the studio does. So what do you so? What? What? What are they willing to do for you? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean that a lot of the first time they came back to me with the assessment was yesterday. I started calling the manager this morning. But yesterday they said that they're not going to cover it in any way.
Speaker 15: So next steps?
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait, wait, wait, well what do they they just said, hold on? Exactly what did they I don't mean exact words, but did they say, like, basically, we're not responsible for that.
Speaker 9: They didn't specifically say it in those words, but they gave me a quote and a bill, and I asked that they would be covering how much?
Speaker 3: How much to fix it? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Four thy seven hundred to fix it and that's not including some body work that I would also need done separately.
Speaker 3: And they are the only ones that were on that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, within that timeframe, they would have been the only one, Jeff.
Speaker 3: And it was two weeks. Jeff. I mean, come on, man, they can't they can't just wash their hands of this damn thing. Are they saying she should have known better than to ride around?
Speaker 4: Did they, Jessica, did they have a driveability complaint? She would have no reason to step out of the car. Okay, So something like a scraping noise like she was describing before, she wouldn't necessarily understand that that's not even just a stone stuck inside the backing plate. So I think that's, you know, a very weak argument.
Speaker 3: Okay. I think two things.
Speaker 5: One, we put deputy doct or someone on this to make the call over there and see if they'll actually be reasonable, because, in my opinion, if she is telling the truth on everything, these guys, oh were that repair, I think they screwed up. I think Stevenson, if this is the way it's going to go over at Stevenson, now, that really sucks.
Speaker 3: But we give I think, well we do. I agree. I'm going to let let Deputy de call over there.
Speaker 5: But they go to anything, Tom, This is perfect for small claims.
Speaker 3: It absolutely positively is Mark, absolutely, and I think you'd win or I think that they'd settle for some I think just settle all day long.
Speaker 5: In fact, I wish they would go to court on it if she follows through with a small claims action, because then she can come on the air once a week and brag how they tried to screw her and the court said, no, you can't do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jessica, you this is wrong. You know it's not a coincidence that your wheel fell off, and we you know, look, we're gonna we're gonna give this over to Deputy d right now to make some calls. And then what I'd like you to do is, uh is stand by when we talk to you. We may have to have you do a small claims action against them, and I think you'll you'll prevail. But let's take it one step at a time. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five Compass Insurance talking about cars, and let's talk about all insurance. Find out if you're paying too much, if you're undercovered, overcovered, if you have the right amount insurance. They'll give you the honest to god assessments free of charge. Really it's a good it's called the insurance Review. Three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot Com you don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine to zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martino three O three seven one three talk three oll three seven one three eight two five five all right, Mark had a case. Do we have the consumer up or you just want to talk about it early.
Speaker 5: I'd like to get him up. I think Kelly's reaching out to him. But he called up yesterday and he said, hey, I talked to the old apartment manager. Our one year lease was up, and I said, hey, we're only going to be here another month or two. What should I do? And he said that that manager said nothing. You already have language in your lease to where a few stay past the twelve months. It just goes to a month to month. But it's more money. It's like thirty eight hundred a month compared to whatever. So they stayed an extra month, then gave the thirty day notice that this apparent person told them to give when they were on the month to month and moved out.
Speaker 3: Why are they being assess five grand now?
Speaker 5: Well, meantime they got another apartment manager in. The new apartment manager goes, Nope, that's not the way it works. You're breaking your lease and that's going to cost five thousand bucks. So, interestingly enough, Lucas sent me over the email correspondence between himself and Levi, who was the old apartment manager, and sure enough, Levi told him to do exactly what he said on air yesterday. So this new manager is trying to bust his balls. To put it that way, I think we should actually now.
Speaker 3: Know what's interesting. Mark, This is what's interesting. Yeah, Like if someone makes a promise to you, like a manager, right, yeah, and then the manager leaves. We've heard this before. It happened with car deals and a lot of things, of course, and the owners say, hey, he never had authority to do.
Speaker 5: This is so specific on exactly what he's asking, though. I don't think there's a judge in the world that would tell this apartment complex not to pound sand I mean it's that straight up. In fact, Hi, Lucas, you do not need to sign another contract as your current contract has verbiage that makes it automatically roll on a month to month basis.
Speaker 3: Wow Britain. Notice, I mean he exactly.
Speaker 5: I thought he was exaggerating on the air, right, his emails are perfect. I can't imagine if he has shared these with Promenade Place is News manager.
Speaker 3: I think I don't know what they're trying to do. It's that cut and dry. Yeah, you're right, because he said he even referenced the least saying it automatically reversed months to month, and so now what are they're trying to say that they're trying to hit them up for five grand? Yeah, I just don't get it. I just don't get why they're doing this. Okay, I have a couple of texts here. Come on, buddy, I realize to help everyone, but really, like Doc said yesterday, move out of Jersey, go somewhere less expensive. He's talking about Drew now, who needs help. He's running out of money. He'll be out of here December. And by the way, Drew is on a pension disability of some behind. I think you can verify that d right, and also social security. He's on social security plus a pension right.
Speaker 6: I've verified that he's on disability.
Speaker 8: I did not ask about social security, but given his age, he told us.
Speaker 3: I think a combined of seventeen hundred a month or something, and I think that's what he said. But whatever case, he says, everybody thinks that gofund me is like magic. Nobody has any priorities or responsibility. Now, I'll look at Drew is not necessarily dead be but I will tell you this. Some guys said, Am I the only one that picked up on that. I'm not look at I am not attacking Drew, but I will say this, and this guy verified it. He said he did a quick search of Drew on the internet and found many many civil cases where he sues people all the time. Uh, Mark, I don't know what to do. I want to help him with the GoFundMe.
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I wasn't around for that call. I was at a few I said I would log on and I would help him. I want people to go to the GoF No.
Speaker 5: No, what I'm asking someone said it dates back to where he ran into the tailgate.
Speaker 3: What does that have to do with it? Okay, he was working, okay and making some money here and there, plus his disability and his social security. Yeah, then he had this injury and said it stopped him from working completely. The injury.
Speaker 5: Is it the one where he literally walked into a tailgate and blaming the truck?
Speaker 3: Yes, he did, Okay he did. I mean, what do you say to that? So, Tom, if you go to God, everybody needs to know.
Speaker 5: What I'm talking about is picture a pickup truck, the tailgates down, the guys in like a home depot, parking lot or wherever.
Speaker 3: I don't know where he was. Drew runs in, walks, walks into the tailgate and injures himself and it's the tailgate's fault. Well mark, to his defense, to some degree, the truck, the SUV was parked perpendicular to the curve and up on the sidewalk, he said, with the tailgate extended emptying or loading or unloading or whatever. And he says, that's not where you expect to see a tail I mean, but I don't understand for completely.
Speaker 5: That's a good point sidewalk. I'd noticed step over it.
Speaker 3: By the way, if you go to go fund me and you search Drew d R e W Drew Bradford b r A d F or D. You'll see why I wanted to edit his go fundme. I didn't say that, Listen. I'm not trying to down this guy. Really, he's not a bad guy. I mean, but here's what he says. Here's his gofund me. Now why I want to this is why I want to redo it. But but I think he got the false impression I'm going to take it over. He wants me to put my phone number in there and take the emails. I can't do it. Here's what it says. I am being harmed by Tamela or Kamala Harris. Oh hell is allowing to them. You should have led with that. I thought this had to do with the tailgate. No, no, but this is what has gofund me says. Listen, she is allowing me to be evicted, a poor seventy seven year old good samaritan who has helped minority children and people, while she gives free rent to illegal aliens. Now, who's going to donate to that? I am a disabled, good person in need of help. Kamala has put many African American men in jail for pot while she smoked. She has the best smile and the worst heart. Please mail or phone to save me from eviction. Under Kamala, ninety eight percent of my life savings has gone. What you're right, Mark, he never mentions anything about being injured. Hold on, I'm donating to him as we speak. That's nice of you. I didn't know he was. He was one of my people. Oh, by the way, I am going to log in and change that description. Mark, I don't think that's apropos.
Speaker 5: I really well, it means I mean, it's like he's campaigning for Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know what that. I don't know what that is. Now we did talk again.
Speaker 5: We did research one of the steps donated seventy five bucks Man.
Speaker 3: Deputy d you did you did research his case. Okay, there's a slim possibility he may get money, but it could take years. Yeah, and that's only if they Settled's the I.
Speaker 7: Don't think the impression Gate case, well, there are two two cases.
Speaker 8: There are two cases, and I didn't really care about which cases with the this is going to come up first. The super important part is that none of them are to result in a check. If they result in a check, it's not going to come soon enough and not resolve Drew's dire financial sensue.
Speaker 3: It's not going to be a lot of money.
Speaker 6: And no, probably not.
Speaker 3: He looks like somebody and I can't place it.
Speaker 14: Hey, but look, do you think that if he if he's poenias the tail gate into court, he'll win the case.
Speaker 3: I called the tailgate?
Speaker 8: Well, look, here's here's the other part. Here's the part that doesn't look good for for Drew. I just did a search of his lawsuits and I got it. Looks like at least a couple of pages of results of various lawsuits.
Speaker 6: I know from what I see, none of them.
Speaker 3: And he says, I just fight for justice. I mean, I tried to tell him, remember Mark years ago, I said, Drew, it looks like you just picked too many fights. I don't look at I don't dislike the man. Do I think he's disillusioned? Yes?
Speaker 16: I do.
Speaker 3: I don't even gonna any any merit.
Speaker 5: I don't even understand how there could be a court date set over him walking into a tailgate.
Speaker 3: The super date they just filed lawsuits. There's no court date. Okay, we got to take a break anyway and listen. I'm Tom Martinez three or three seven one three Talks seven one three two five five One Clear Choice Garage Doors. It's car day today. Let's talk about garage doors there. Look they're great, right, you can't live without them. You just take them for granted. But when something goes wrong, who do you call? One clear Choice Garage Doors. They take care of everything, every part of the door, every part of the opener, every part. Yeah, they're good people, they really are, and all of their prices are on their website. One clear Choice Doors dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison all Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. NI Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh, three seven one three talks seven one three, eight two five five. I want to get to the phones. Tim has a twenty fifteen Dodge half turn. Yeah, today's car day, so we are taking car calls. But we'll take any calls and talk about anything you'd like. Jeff Vickers with us from Chimera Transmission. So what is happening with you? Tim? How can we help you? I hope we can morning.
Speaker 13: Nuh.
Speaker 12: My son's pickup is in a limp mode right now? Oh, would it be better? Would it be better to take it to a transmission guide to diagnose it or regular mechanic even though it affects the transmission.
Speaker 4: I believe it's transmission related. Then yes, see the transmission specialist. Whether you bring it to me or another reputable shop, that is going to be your starting point.
Speaker 5: Well, most regular shops, Tim, they can look at it and tell you something's wrong, But the bottom line is they're either going to order a rebuilt unit from a company like Jasper out of state or something, then install it. They're not going to tear it down, find the problems, rebuild the whole thing.
Speaker 3: You'll have a warranty in there. That's the main difference.
Speaker 4: And you'd be amazed how many times that transmission of whether they take it out of the truck or they bring me the truck. But that ends up in my shop anyway.
Speaker 3: Really it is.
Speaker 12: So you're saying it is transmission.
Speaker 4: No, I haven't checked out the truck. I can't tell you it's transmission. If you believe it's transmission, then I would just don't know. Use a transmission shop. Well, is it stuck in a single gear?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's like stuck in fourth gear.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That the likelihood is that that's going to be transmission related, and it could be something as simple as a sensor. It could be something that complicated as an overhaul. But a good transmission shop is going to look at it, give you an honest evaluation and an honest price to go along with the repair.
Speaker 5: Hey, when you say a sensor on something like that, Jeff, I guess I don't understand that part.
Speaker 3: So on that truck, is it like a tree or what is it?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 3: What twenty fifteen Dodge.
Speaker 4: I'm assuming you probably have the six speed. It's not the rotator dial, right, it's not the eighth speed.
Speaker 5: So the sensor, like if it breaks and it's in a certain gear, it just can no longer move it yell, and.
Speaker 4: The computer can no longer a value. You'll make decisions. So you say the input speed sensor goes bad. It recognizes that the output speeds sitch is moving. It knows the truck's rolling, but it doesn't know how fast in the front of the transmissions.
Speaker 3: Moving, so it doesn't know what gear to be is it.
Speaker 4: Gets scared, so it goes into limp fourth gear. We've got enough power where we can legitimately get away from a stop and if we have to when we're on the highway. We haven't locked this thing up when it goes into limp, so it gives you the ability to get to a shop to get a checked out.
Speaker 3: So actually it's kind of designed. If that sensor goes out to go into fourth gear, it does a program fail. Wow, Tim, you might get off easily, brother, I don't.
Speaker 12: Know, man. Yeah, we're hoping. We're hoping though, but you know what, my son looked it up and it could very well be an electrical issue that but that's the final deal is that put it in that mode.
Speaker 3: No matter what, no matter what's wrong with it, we're gonna have Kelly give you a Jess number. Yeah, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. I'm Tom Martinez. Stick around, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Ripped up.
Speaker 3: New need that's so you don't have to come.
Speaker 2: Run in just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Tom Martino, Welcome to the second hour of the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. This hour brought to you by Genesis Tootalexteriors dot com. They do a line siding which is like a lifetime siding. You can get even dark colors that won't warp, won't ship, won't peel, way better than vinyl. Not much of an upgrade price either. It's really a great siding, a lifetime siding. Genesis tootalexteriors dot com. Welcome to the show. Jeff fixed with us from camera transmissions. Today is car day. I do have some texts on that and we will get to those and we'll get to any calls. It doesn't have to be car related, of course. And we have a full gang today and let me get to the let me put them up on the studio. Here we have Jeff vic over there on screen left. We have deputy Doc in the background above Jeff, and then we have Sues at the main desk chair and then Major Mark Major to the right screen and then welcome. That's if you're streaming, and that's YouTube Troubleshooter Network. But most of our people are on radio and we love you and call in with any problems, questions or complaints. Here's the text about transmissions. The woman mentioned a grinding sound. Other people mention other sounds, Jeff, somebody should put out an index on what sounds mean. That's interesting, So let me ask you. Yeah, what do sounds mean? How do you know if it sounds coming from the transmission or from the motor or don't you know?
Speaker 4: Well, most of the time, when first of all it's coming from the transmission, it's going to almost be like a muffle. You know, it sounds like it's inside something that's not going to sound external. So you like, if you have a break noise, or if you have a belt squealing, you can tell that that's outside of a component, it's not housed inside anything. Then transmissions will typically be you know, is it going to be going along with road speed? Doesn't match engine speed? That'll give you an idea whether we're looking at the input side of transmission output side of the transmission.
Speaker 3: So if it changes with rpm, what does it mean.
Speaker 4: Well, it still doesn't mean that it's transmission, right, It just means that whatever those components are making the noise the relative to the engine speed. But it's more dependent on the drive side as opposed to the driven side.
Speaker 3: Now, let's say it it doesn't change so much with rpm, but it does change with speed.
Speaker 4: Well, then the likelihood is I mean, if you pretty much eliminated an engine, but it could still be a transmission, you could still be looking into differentials transfer cases.
Speaker 3: Do they call that? What do they call that part? That's not the engine, but it's the tranny and the axles and all that.
Speaker 4: Well, you have the transfer case and that's what gives you four wheel drive capablity, Okay, and then you have the differentials, which is what diverts the power to individual wheels.
Speaker 3: So in any case, can we all agree that noises are not natural from I mean.
Speaker 4: We actually are, you know, and you know, so when we have customers come back or come in complaining to certain gear noises, oftentimes we send away and tell them it is normal. Gears are made for durability, not for stealth.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay. Now, as far as temperatures, cold, hot, whatever, what is the deal when it comes to really, when it comes to the outside temps, when we tend to have more would we have tend to have more trouble or less trouble with a tranny?
Speaker 4: You'll tend to have more trouble during the summer when the ambient temperatures are really yeah, because you're still trying to you've you know, thermal management is huge and any on a mechanical device with transmissions. They are very, very dependent on working at specific temperatures. Transmission is fluid itself, will break down after about two hundred and thirty degrees. You get up to sixties to sixty to seventy and you rapidly deteriorating the life of that transmission.
Speaker 3: When do you need a transmission cooler?
Speaker 4: You know, primarily most coolers is used. You know what, I'd like to see them on trucks, on RVs, anything that's pulling a lot of weight, so you can get that heat away from there.
Speaker 3: Can anyone add a transmission cooler to any vehicle, bab.
Speaker 4: I would say on some of the older vehicles, yes, you definitely could. The plumbing was a lot more simple. The plumbing on today's vehicles a lot more complicated. If you don't know what you're doing, you can cause yourself big issues.
Speaker 3: Very interesting three oh three seven to one to three talk seven one, three, eight, two five five. Lucas is the one that talked to Mark yesterday, and uh we were discussing that a little earlier in the show, and to I want Lucas to recap his problem and Mark can take that, and so, uh, let's talk about it. Lucas you called yesterday and just really for those listening now, just recap your problem in general.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Sure, So it ended a lease at a property recently and they we were on a month to month lease, and despite that fact, they're trying to charge us an early move out feet even though we have email documentation stating yeah, you're good to go, there's no pot.
Speaker 3: Well, when did your This is what I didn't understand. Then I'll let it's Mark's case here. When was the lease up? What date was the lease up? Looks like September first, one September?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 3: Or is that on the thirty day?
Speaker 18: That was after the thirty day?
Speaker 3: When when was your actual lease up August first? Are they claiming that when you stayed after August first, it reverted to a new one year lease.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 15: I think they're just stating we didn't give them proper notice, but we define.
Speaker 3: Okay, And what would proper notice be according to the lease.
Speaker 16: I have to look back, but it may be.
Speaker 5: I think it's thirty days because the lease, the lease converts to after twelve months. The lease, if you do not give them notice that you're moving out, converts to month to month at a higher rate.
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 16: Correct?
Speaker 3: And then you need to get thirty days then you need to then what then? Where did they even come up with early termination?
Speaker 15: Because they corresponding to any call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they switched managers, is what I believe. He but it makes hey, it makes.
Speaker 5: The old manager Levi? Levi was the old manager, correct, But I understand that.
Speaker 3: But either manager can read that he had a month to month lease and had to give thirty days notice. So what the charge that they gave you? Are they claiming you you left early on the month to month or left early on a year.
Speaker 15: They're not making any kind of claim. They're simply giving me an invoice.
Speaker 3: And not talking. Okay, well, on the invoice, how does it delineate mark? Did we actually get a copy of that invoice? How does that see the invoice? Yeah, that's what I want to How does it delineate the charges to come up with that charge?
Speaker 18: Yeah, it just says early termination fee.
Speaker 3: In addition to is that the only thing you're being charged early termination?
Speaker 15: There's some for rated rents and utilities, but that's basically.
Speaker 5: It, and then early termination, but there is no early termination. He actually asked, listen to this.
Speaker 3: This is may eighth.
Speaker 5: Hi, Levi, our plan is to carry the lease to the end of August, so we would do the month to month lease for July and August. Can you let me know what we need to sign to.
Speaker 3: Make this so?
Speaker 5: And then Levi, the current manager at the time, replies, you do not need to sign another contract as your current contract has verbage that makes it automatically roll to a month to month basis unless written notice is provided that.
Speaker 3: You're moving out. The only thing we need from you is a notice to vacate.
Speaker 5: This can be provided thirty days prior to you moving out of your apartment.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 15: That's right.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, so now what action have they taken.
Speaker 15: The new management company has contacted me about the fee ands of you an invoice, you know what.
Speaker 3: I tell him, They haven't actually taken anything. Did Did you get your deposit back?
Speaker 5: No, if you took out the if you took out the termination fee and you applied the deposit to other stuff.
Speaker 3: Do they owe you a deposit or not? They do? How much of it?
Speaker 15: The majority a couple hundred dollars deposit?
Speaker 5: Okay, so we're talking about a couple of hundred bucks. Did you move into your new place. Yet I tell them to pound sand ensue me, and then if they actually go through with it, I can't see in a million that's.
Speaker 3: Right since they didn't take the money yet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, talking a couple hundred bucks, and if they do sue you, then you counter sue them for them.
Speaker 3: Mark, what do you mean a couple of hundred In other words, he would have gotten a couple hundred, is what you're saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he only would have got a couple hundred back. In fact, I might even go a step further. If I really didn't like these people, I might actually sue them for the deposit.
Speaker 3: I might just do that.
Speaker 5: Reading all the correspondence between you and the old management, I have no idea why the new management is even trying.
Speaker 11: To do this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, makes no sense, But dude, you're in the driver's seat. Man, You're one hundred percent in the driver's seat. With the exception of a couple hundred dollars. They're not going to put anything on your credit. If they did, they'd be crazy. If they took you to court and won, then they could put something on your credit, but they'd.
Speaker 3: Have to do that. All right, Hold on and we'll come back we'll have more coming up. Three oh three, seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Room for excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two seven one to three talks seven one three eight two five five, and you'll see we got a studio full. We also have people as guests, so we got yummy, yummy pizza coming well, so do I. Hey people, Friday's Pizza Day, so you can all order your own and we all eat together. It's like Thanksgiving. Yeah, it's like the Troubleshooter Communion COVID like DoD All by Zoom three seven one three talkers. Speaking of Communion, would you think about Harris not going to that Catholic charities deal. Oh did you hear the jokes Gathikan made he was? I love that comedian he is. He's good.
Speaker 5: Did he ever get me too? I forget it wasn't him. I think it was no, no, never, never in that africant. He's also pretty damn clean.
Speaker 3: I love him. I love his comedy. He normally never talks about politics, really and he really didn't what he said, but what he said was pretty funny. He said, you know, where's Kamalay? He says, we have a room full of Catholics and Jews in New York City. He says, that's a layup for a conserv for a a liberal. Oh god.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And by the way, why didn't she go there? Does anyone know?
Speaker 5: Because she can't think on her own, So I mean, she's that to be very impromptu, although the funny part is she probably does have some of the best comic writers in the world.
Speaker 3: Did her fingertips? So I think it was a blown moment. Yeah, Now, Lucas, this deputy D has a question. Let me bring us up here, Okay, go ahead, D. What did you want to ask him on? So for those listening, he has an apartment and the lease expired, reverted month to month. He moved out, gave thirty days notice after two months and following the lease expiration, and they're charging them with five grand.
Speaker 6: So go ahead, lookas what date do you actually move out of promenade?
Speaker 15: September second?
Speaker 3: So what was that September second?
Speaker 8: And what threecond and what date did you give them notice of your intent to move out on September second?
Speaker 18: I believe it was July thirty first, Yes.
Speaker 3: Did they?
Speaker 4: How did you say?
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, wait a minute. July thirty first, you gave him thirty days notice, which you should have done so then at the end of August you would have been moved out.
Speaker 5: I'm staring at the email guys July thirty first. Yea, he wrote, we are currently on a month to month lease. Our last day will be September one, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: But he moved out September second.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then he even put total clarify beginning September second, we will no longer be in the apartment.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But let me explain something to You're not allowed to pick the rental period. If the period ran I don't know when it ran, mark, but listen, if it ran from the first to the end of the month, and you start another rental period, it is another month. Okay, just you know which would mean this this is their this could be their reasoning. So if you're starting another month September second, that would obligate you for September, and if you did not give thirty days notice for that, it would obligate she for October.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but this was written on July thirty first, so he gave them thirty days notes, right.
Speaker 3: Mark, he did thirty day's notice, And if the rental period was at the end of August, he should not have stayed there September first and second unless they allowed him to and charged and pro rated rent. But many times they don't allow you on a month to month. He actually said, there's pro rated on his invoice. Did they pro rate for September first and second?
Speaker 15: Yeah, Well we did leave on the first, by the way, but it was pro rated for the first.
Speaker 3: They charged you for the day you left, right, yes. Can I ask you something, Why didn't you just leave at the end of August.
Speaker 11: Like you said, timing with the moves to a new Okay, all right, all right?
Speaker 3: So they did charge you for that one day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the guy replied the current manager, thanks for sending this over. I will put your notice in. Please send me your new address. I mean, Mark, it's crazy, he.
Speaker 3: Replied, before he held over September first. I get what you're saying, Mark, but what I'm thinking is they're automated. They're looking at this thing. They see Wait a minute, month to month he left September first, that's another thirty days. How much was your rent every month?
Speaker 15: Oh, about twenty six hundred caracole exactly?
Speaker 3: I think that, okay? And how much are they charging you for early termination? Fifty one.
Speaker 16: Eighteen.
Speaker 3: That's so, that's exactly what they're doing. Hey, they're charging him for the month for September and for the thirty days for October.
Speaker 5: I know exactly what they're charging him for. But that's not what the old manager agreed to. But the old manager the manager agreed.
Speaker 3: That he would be out at the end of August, and he stayed till September.
Speaker 1: First.
Speaker 5: One, you have all the emails too, Yeah, but Mark, the emails tell the entire story.
Speaker 3: I don't know why we see it so differently. Mark, listen, please listen. I'm not disagreeing with you. I agree with you that the manager acknowledged he would be out at the end of August. Enough said, now that manager.
Speaker 5: Leaves all of a sudden, Well, he never says the end of August. He never says that anywhere. It's always September first. Okay, You're not allowed to.
Speaker 3: Pick what if he said I'm gonna be out September sixth, You're not allowed to simply pick your exit date. It's thirty days from the beginning of the next cycle. It's not just any thirty days you want. Go check the law. I'm positive on that. I am absolutely positive unless the lease allows it. So if he gave thirty days July thirty first, it was for the next thirty day period of the rent period, not any thirty days he wanted, and it would end it at the end of August. That previous manager said, okay, okay. Even though the guy said I'm going to be out September first or second, that is notice. But it doesn't It doesn't release him from the next holdover period unless they allow him to win the lease. I don't really know the its, ends and butts of every single word of that lease. So we agree he gave proper notice to be out at the end of August, he gave proper notice? Did he give proper notice to be out by the end of September? I'm not sure I did. Then, why would they charge him for the pro rated day. No, that they're going to charge him for the pro rat You're absolutely right. That would indicate you're right. That would indicate that they accepted that term.
Speaker 5: Say email, let me read this one. I just you just sent over a three and six month lease option. I wanted one or two month lease period.
Speaker 3: What do I need to do this?
Speaker 5: I'm paraphrasing, and it says, once your contract has gone month to month, you can continue you on month to month without being locked into a contract any further, let me know if you'll be any of any of assistance.
Speaker 3: And he's not locked into a contract meaning a term. But when you revert from a written lease to a month to month, the previous terms of that month of that lease apply as far as notice and rental period. You can't just make a new rental period. For example, at the end of July at the end of his lease, he can't if the period went from the first to the thirtieth or first to thirty First, you can't at the end of your lease say from now on, I'm going to go from the fifteenth to the fifteenth. You can't do that. It takes on the same exact characteristic. But it doesn't matter. You're right. They charge him for one day. It kind of indicated that, okay, you you held over an extra day, we're charging him for that day. Then they talk, on top of it, basically are charging him for another sixty days. That part I don't understand. I do think he's going to win because it's ambiguous at best, and I think that's the part that you have strong. But what we were trying to do is figure out what kind of reasoning did they have behind it, because at first it seems so arbitrary that they were charging him an extra fifty two hundred bucks. And then I realized these people in their minds are saying, well, you stayed for September by staying an extra day, and you didn't give us thirty days for October, so you stayed for October two. I think it's ridiculous. So I do think he'll win. Lucas let us know how it works out, though, and les Mark said, if you want to refute it. Don't refute it. Just wait for them to come after you and put up your defense. I think that's good advice. Three oh three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Barbara has a question on a transmission. Barbara, Jeff fixed with us from kimmera transmission. What's going on?
Speaker 19: Well, I have a twenty fourteen Subaru outback. There's nothing wrong with the transmission. But what I'm curious about is that it has the paddles, so you can make it an manual or you can leave it automatic. And I wondered if I should put it in the manual on to months.
Speaker 3: Or you know, that's a good question, Jeff, exactly what does that do? Well? I have paddles too. What does that do?
Speaker 4: Yeah? It gives you control, or somewhat control override of the computer itself, because the computer's making calculated decisions when to create a shift, depending on load demand, depending on whether you're cruising, whether your foots on the brake, so on.
Speaker 13: And so forth.
Speaker 3: What if I shift down and it's going too high of an RPM.
Speaker 4: And the computer will override you in order to save that car? The computer is designed to say, you know, what. Tom's an idiot. Don't let this guy drive this car and I'm going to take over.
Speaker 3: You don't give me an idea when it wouldn't take over and when I would do most.
Speaker 4: Of the time, you know, because I use mine quite a bit too. I also have engine breaking on mine, the exhaust break.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 4: Inside the mountains, you know, you're pulling down hills or whatnot. You want to control your speed without riding the brake, pull it down the gear Let the truck or the car actually help keep you from descending too quickly. Same thing when you're when you're going up and down hill, up and downhill, and that transmission is getting really really shift busy. It's going into fourth and it jumps into fifth. It can only stay there for a few seconds. It dropped back to the fourth. Well, you know what, take the computer out of it, drop it in the force, eat the gas a little bit, and save that car.
Speaker 14: A little.
Speaker 3: Okay does that sound right to you, Barbi? Do you understand what you're saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Can I live in the mountains, and I was just wondering if.
Speaker 4: I should use that like a manual, especially in the mountains, that things from it saves your brakes when you're pulling hills. It's you believe it or not. It sounds like you're going to use more gas when you know because you're not using fifth or you're not using fourth, but you'll actually save because you're not deep into the throttle trying to keep that car going.
Speaker 3: So you're talking about both going down the mountain and up the mountain.
Speaker 19: Yes, but even though I've lived up here for forty years, I know the I know the terrain, but I just didn't know if it was good to use the paddles.
Speaker 4: That's what they're there for.
Speaker 3: So what Jeff, Jeff, what you're saying. So, when climbing a mountain, if I'm going up the mountain and it shifts the fifth gear or fourth gear, whatever my highest gear is, I'm keeping I am the engines working harder than it would if I let it down.
Speaker 4: Shift to those cases where you're pulling the hill and you know, shifts the fifth and then you actually start to lose speed, so it drops the fourth, ketchup speed and then it goes back.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Okay, that's when.
Speaker 4: You want to pull it down and just hold a consistent speed with a car's comfortable, okay.
Speaker 3: But if you go too fast, it'll switch anyway. Even if you have the paddle right.
Speaker 4: On today's newer cars, the fourteen, it's not quite as sensitive. But you know if you're driving in around a twenty, yeah, you know that that thing's going to tell us. It's going to know that you're moron, and it's going to shift.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Barbara. We got more coming up. I'm Tom Martine go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until your content time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So what's going on? How can we help you? It's car Day today. Brenda has a question about small claims core Hi, Brenda, what's going on with you?
Speaker 10: Well, I've talked to you in the past, and I've got my Small Claims court. It's come up for mediation next week.
Speaker 3: Now, what did you call? Did you talk to us about the case itself in the past.
Speaker 10: Yes, it basically was. I moved from an apartment complex, gave them all the notice. They never returned my deposit. A year later, when I tried to move again, I found that they also put a derogatory comment on my rental history saying I owed them money, but they.
Speaker 3: Never contacted you after you moved out one way or the other.
Speaker 10: No, they said that they put a copy of it on the door for the apartment of the old apartment, but it was after I had already vacated it and I had given them my forwarding address. I have proof of mail through postal service that I didn't get anything from them in the timeframe the sixty days or anytime after that. So I'm getting ready small Claims court and Rapo County was sixty or six months. My mediation is next week, and I found out that they're going to have an attorney that's representing there at the mediation, trailing me.
Speaker 3: A little nervous. No, it doesn't matter. It's still the same relaxed rules that that doesn't matter. Do not let that scare you, Okay, okay, so hold on, hold on. Are you suing for the trouble damages? Yes? Okay?
Speaker 1: And and for them to.
Speaker 10: Remove that derogatory comment because I was not able to move to another apartment in May of two thousand.
Speaker 3: Where does that derogatory comment show up? Rental history had.
Speaker 10: Had to show up in rental history?
Speaker 3: What does that mean? Mark? Excuse me, I'm not sure what that means. I don't know of any place where people go to see a rental list. I would assume Lexus and Exus Brenda. Where is it showing up? Is it showing up? Is it on your credit report? No?
Speaker 10: No, it's not on the credit report. When I applied, the property manager that I applied to the new place with said that they found something in my history that said.
Speaker 3: That that's interesting. You know, I wasn't actually I wasn't actually aware of that. If landlords communicate on a portal or I'm sure it's either Lexus and Nexus or core Logic or something along those lines. Absolutely. In fact, experience might even have that. Okay, so keep going. What's going on, Brenda?
Speaker 10: So we're going to do the mediation. I'm pretty confident that I'm going to win this.
Speaker 5: Pease, let me interrupt you real quick. What you need to do when it comes to the treble damages. Did you pull down the actual statute about treble damages in the deposit?
Speaker 10: I didn't pull it down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you need to pull it down, print it out, and just keep harping on it.
Speaker 5: They had to return that money within thirty or sixty days, and if they didn't, that's all you care about right now.
Speaker 19: Okay.
Speaker 10: But they're also saying that I owe them money and they sent me.
Speaker 3: How much do they say you owe?
Speaker 10: Like thirteen dollars?
Speaker 3: Boy, they better have I wonder how there's supposed to communicate, is it?
Speaker 5: What are they claiming? They left literally a notice on your door? Was that before you moved out?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 10: They left a notice on after I moved out? And what's funny is gone?
Speaker 3: I mean, how do you even judge it? Are there really?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 3: Wait, hold on a second. They would literally say that to the judge, we put this notice up after she moved out.
Speaker 10: Well, they're saying that they sent it but I have proved through I did a forwarding, a drill through the mail, you know, from the old address to the new address, and I have pictures of everything that came in through the from.
Speaker 3: The hold on a second. Okay, so so so I think you're going to win, well.
Speaker 10: I am, But the question I have, the second question was it's a it's an apartment complex. Even if I win and get a judgment to have them remove the derogatory comment and I can show that to people, how do I ever get money collected from these people or get anything even if I get a judgment.
Speaker 3: Well, well, no, if you get a judgment, you probably will collect from them easier than you would an individual. Oh really, Oh absolutely, Well, A couple things you can do. You can hire an attorney to do it on contingency, a collection attorney, or you can do what's called interrogatories, where you ask she's going to get paid?
Speaker 5: I mean if they say treble damages, unless if it's like some individual landlord it's gone bankrupt or something. But what you do on the credit part, you need to figure out where it came from. You got to figure out was it Lexus and exus, was it one of the other ones.
Speaker 3: Hey, Mark, what I'm looking at here is uh, you didn't you mention core logic? Did you mention that? Yea core logic? How do you know?
Speaker 1: Hold on?
Speaker 3: How did you know about core logic? It's called safe rent core because have you used it before? I've never used it. But they also do like banking history okay, okay, And then there's something called real Page, and there's something called TransUnion, Smart Move and Experience Rent Bureau.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they all have their own, but it doesn't come up under your credit history is completely different, same with banking. But what you got, let's say it came from Lexus and Nexus. You need to dispute it just like you would anything else. So if you win this case and you get to treble damages or even win it in mediation and they write it up, the judge signs it, then you'll go to Lexus and Nexus and you'll upload that and say this is total BS.
Speaker 3: In fact, here's the proof. We gotta take a break, all right, we got to take a break. We got more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Okay, so let's take some calls, see what's on your mind. We have another two hours to go, of course, retward the end of this one. Jeff, I have a couple texts here maybe you can weigh in on and are there, Jeff and you you talked about the constant velocity transmissions? What do you call them again?
Speaker 4: Continuously variable?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, what does that mean? I'm asking that and then I'll go to the text.
Speaker 4: It literally describes what it's doing. So you've got two opposing cones with a belt on there, and they can change size large to small, so as opposed to actually switching gears with a specific ratio, they can move anywhere in between?
Speaker 3: Aren't they more efficient?
Speaker 4: Yes, they can definitely be more efficient, more durable has yet to be.
Speaker 3: But shouldn't they last longer? That's not the text either. I'll get to the text. But in my opinion, if you have this belt going up and down a cone for different drive ratios and you're not grinding gears and switching gears and having clutches and all of that.
Speaker 4: Well you still have clutches inside there. You still have to have forward clutch, you still have to have a reverse clutch.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, yeah, yeah, but I mean you don't have as much moving parts.
Speaker 4: Right, correct, You do not have as many moving parts.
Speaker 3: So why aren't they are reliable?
Speaker 4: You know, with more with more technology and with more engineering that they potentially could be. It's just not that's not what being put on the market.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the text asks are there any of those that are better than others as far as manufacturers?
Speaker 4: You know, I'm actually as far as the average daily driver where you know, you've got people out there in Nissan's toyotas, Honda's Subaru, in my opinion, is probably the most durable CVT on the market. Along with that, wind failures do occur. The price tag goes up on them too. I mean, you'll replacement on a super brow TV it can cost you upwards of ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: I mean to me that it just sounds brilliant to me that you it's not inside.
Speaker 4: It's literally stealing snowmobile technology. But instead of using a magnetic clutch, we've got a torquenverter in order to separate the power from the engine to the transmission.
Speaker 3: Okay, now what about then, let's see that transmission compared to just conventional transmissions. Conventional transmissions, what would be the advantage.
Speaker 4: Primarily of the durability, especially if you're getting in the market.
Speaker 3: And then somebody, then somebody wanted to know. This was a few weeks ago. I put it away about do electric cars have transmissions?
Speaker 4: You know, they do not.
Speaker 6: They're direct drive, so.
Speaker 3: That means it just literally goes straight to the wheel.
Speaker 4: Go straight to the wheel. Now, they're changing a lot of the dynamics as of hell, they're going to be doing that in order to increase the suspension abilities and whatnot. But it's actually really smart technology and a lot of a lot less loss getting to the ground.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you a little power means little slower and more powers faster. That's simple, pretty much. All right, We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. I'm Tom Martino three three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Aligned three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 20: You don't have.
Speaker 2: Come runnious as fast as we can.
Speaker 5: Shooter's gonna help come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: Now, Tom Martino Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three all three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Today is Car Day. We can talk about anything you want, but it is car Day. I'll bring up our friends in the studio. We got all kinds of things going on today. We got Jeff Fick from Camere Transmission. We have Deputy Doc, we have Major Mark Major and sues and also of course Deputy Deal over here with me. So welcome. We are here to help you any way we can. So give us a call. This brought to you by something I'm very proud of and Mark, thank you for the kind We're jes A Wave eight Wealth Management. We are basically I want to tell you this. We're overwhelmed by the response. Thank you, thank you, Thank you people for trusting us, and we are limiting our sives. We will get back to you. I promise you if you've called three h three seven seven to one help. It started out like six years ago. We did a private fund and then I wanted to move into general investing for people based on everything I've done for myself. One hundred percent has been for myself up until the point we got registered with the securities people and became a public firm. So we're able to serve the public and I'm very proud of it. We're very very happy, and I just want to tell you some basic things. We absolutely pledged that all of our own money is invested along with yours. Never would we suggest anything we're not doing, and that's it, and we absolutely positively invest your money counsel you about your money. Let me explain why I say that the financial industry. I'm not saying it's misleading and I'm not saying it's bad. Please listen, But ninety eight percent of all financial advisors, even big firms that you think are financial advisors, they're not truly doing the investing or the counseling of your money. They are asking you questions and they have relationships with you. They're nice people. Then what they do is they get your risk tolerance and your appetite, your goals, your objections, and then what they do is they take that fund you have or the money you have, and they place it with a broker dealer with like money. They do not on a day to day basis deal with your money. I promise you that not ninety eight percent of them. And they're middlemen. They make a spread. Now, sometimes they do a great job for you. That's great people that do that. Then you have people that want boutique like we do, direct communication, limited size. It's really an extension of what I'm doing for myself, and of course it's geared toward your goals. And then you have people like Mark and Ross Kominsky and people who do everything for themselves. Then there are rare people who do that. But trust me when I tell you it takes a lot of time, you know, to do your own stuff like that, and then you have a lot of day traders. We're not talking about any of that. What I'm talking about, basically is what we do is hold your hand and do everything that we do. So if you want help like that, three oh three seven seven one help seven seven one four three five seven that's me and my team. Yes, I am an owner, I am an investor, and I do stand to profit from it, meaning we charge fees that those are disclaimers. I want to tell you three oh three seven seven one help is Wave eight Wealth Management dot com or W eight WM dot com. Mark says, that's get something simpler. But anyway, that's what we have right now. You can also go Waveightcapital dot com. So listen. One thing I want to mention though, when it comes to and I want to, I want to ask Mark about this because I came across this guy and maybe I'll have him on the show sometime. It is fascinating to me, fascinating Mark. He talks about the money anxiety Index. Have you heard of that? The money anxiety index. They I didn't realize you referring to something like the VICS. I don't know if it's called I don't know if if what you're referring to is that, But there's actually a money anxiety Index, meaning they they pull people on how they feel about the economy and about all of the things going on, and they and what this one professor did is he started tracking the money anxiety and how it affects ETFs. The reason he went to ETFs is because they're not exactly like mutual funds, but they are big funds exchange traded funds, and the money that flows in and out has a direct correlation to anxiety indecks, and how they invest has a lot to do with anxiety indecks. And he did a fascinating thing by tracking that, and he could almost damn near predict the outcomes of certain ETFs based on the anxiety index. And he put together a plan, one of the plans that we're following. We love this guy, and also it's one of the strategies to use. But he's proposing something for the future, and I'm gonna get him on the show about it. Listen to this Mark. He's saying that banks around the world, around the country are kind of screwing people when they don't because they either do two things. Some have the audacity to charge people for accounts. I mean, really, to charge you for accounts like you might keep a business account there with thousands of dollars running in and out of it every day. Yeah, and make sure but that's few and far, yes. But then they have some that pay very low interest, right, very few have any right. And then you have some that pay a pretty oker amount of interest. Okay, so you have three categories. People who charge, people who charge pay a little interest, people pay a normal kind of alright, decent interest. This guy had a different theory and and again no one's doing it right now. But when you talk to him, I know you'll like him because he's not a nut. I mean, this guy is a behavioral scientist and a neuroscientist, behavioral scientist that went into economics, and he is proposing that there are that there be bank accounts established that mirror the ETF funds, so banks can actually, so when you have I have a regular checking account, you actually make money as if that money's invested. Well, Charles Schwab has it does stuff like that. Well, yeah, but it may do things like that, but it's not a This is a guaranteed account, meaning that you would not have any losses ever, and it would only grow based on what they return. Okay, Anyway, I just thought it was fascinating, and again there's a lot of fascinating stuff going on in the industry and a lot of people believe. And I don't know how you're feeling, Mark, since you do a lot of your own individual investing, how do you what do you feel? What do you like to do around elections? When it comes to investing, what do you like to do?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Boy, I've gone either way. Two years ago, I actually liquidated.
Speaker 5: Now, when I say liquidated accounts, you got to remember I am never talking about my irais most no, no, of course, of course, I rarely make changes in those unless if I see something really coming up that I want to liquidate one thing and buy another. So what I'm talking about is more or less trading accounts that are qualified.
Speaker 3: So do you like do you like being in the security of cash during elections? No, not necessarily. I have went all cash.
Speaker 5: Probably two years ago I did go all cash and it probably ended up costing me some money, so I have done that this year. It has nothing to do really with the election. But I'm probably going to take some massive gains this year, more or less for tax purposes. I want to get them done and out of the way and take them this year, and I might jump right back into some of those some of those stocks when they go down, because I do think some stuff is way over price that I'm in. I think I can take some pretty good gains right now, and I don't see a downside in it because I'd find them, I'd find it hard to believe some of them are going to go up much higher.
Speaker 3: And if they do, then I'll jump into something else. Okay, Now, do you believe that based on your own portfolios and stuff and your observations without getting I'm not asking what you want or what you like or what you I'm asking you during the four years that Trump was in office compared to the four years of Biden, your stock portfolio and the stock market from your perspective, people we're not talking about We're talking his perspective only. And if you want to give your perspective, you can. But what have you found, Because really and truly, I don't believe the stock market suffered under Biden.
Speaker 5: I've made more the last two years and I did the prior two years. I could tell you that, I'd have to go and look what about under Trump? Well that's what I'm saying. And so I made more under the last two years in the stock market than I did prior to the last two years. I mean, I've had incredible games the last two years, but a lot of that are the stocks I'm in in AI. AI is massive, Microsoft, Walmart is just Walmart and Microsoft have absolutely killed for me. Microsoft, I'm probably up, you know, thirty thirty five percent. Walmart I think I'm almost up sixty percent. It's just some of the stocks have been incredible. Walmart split. I think when they split, my average share cost was around forty. If I recall now it's eighty. That's a double.
Speaker 3: Man. Now listen to this. I'm under Trump. The S and P five hundred rows forty eight percent. Yeah, now listen this, and and you're going to pick up on this. I hope under Biden it rose fifty percent. Yeah, but but let's take a look at what that means. Forty eight percent under Trump versus fifty percent under Biden. But the fifty percent under Biden was after a new low, or not new low like depression, but a low from COVID nineteen. So it's the same thing they do with employment numbers. All that's right, that's right. He came, that's right. In other words, he took it over in such a time. He And when they say Trump left us with this and left us with a bad stock market and bad unemployment, it was COVID nineteen that did that. How can people not take that into consideration?
Speaker 5: And people do take it in too consideration. Yeah, wellmart I don't think that.
Speaker 3: No, not just the smart ones.
Speaker 5: I think the average person listening right now realizes when they say, oh, we've had the biggest job growth ever, Trump ran it into the ground, they know that was COVID.
Speaker 3: They're not morons. They were stuck in their house for two years. Yeah, but you'd when they were having the debate, how I mean, I saw CNN.
Speaker 5: I understand talking points. That's now I'm talking real people, real people that are listening right now know what happened with COVID. My god, you'd have to be dumb not to well, of course, I just have more I think, you know what I think.
Speaker 3: I think the average Joe's smarter than you do. How's that? What do you mean smarter? I think they're smarter.
Speaker 5: They they're more logical than your thinking. I realize I realized the talking points on MSNBC. But I'm telling you, even if people are voting for Harris, I can't imagine they believe the crap coming out of the mouth of these people.
Speaker 3: Here are some raw numbers. If you take COVID nineteen out of the mix and you take raw performance, the S and P five hundred increased sixty five percent under Trump's full term. Sixty Yeah, that's fake math because it didn't happen, big deal, you must agree all that. No, it actually did happen sixty five.
Speaker 5: Percent only over a period of his administration, and Biden's went up forty eight percent. So the S and P a craze over his no mark over his full term, with much of the growth driven by corporate cuts into regulation and.
Speaker 3: Boosted business investments. So it and so in other words, Biden's was forty eight percent. But I would say that people who feel like they're better off this four years than the previous four years, I well, well, I'd like people to tell us. But the problem is people can't tell us without you know, spewing vulgarities and hate.
Speaker 5: The real bottom line is, and this is the part that most people see the price of stuff is so high right now. These prices are never gonna come down. And it just doesn't even matter why. But the bottom line is they spend too much money. I mean, that's true. I'm okay, we got to take a break.
Speaker 7: Mark.
Speaker 3: They're climbing all over me for this, so I'm going to take this break. I'm Tom Martino. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Martino here, three three seven to one to three. Talk Tony. You have a comment, Go ahead, Tony. What's going on with you? Tony?
Speaker 21: Can you hear me?
Speaker 3: I can, sir. What's happening Tony?
Speaker 21: Did either of you watch the Al Smith Dinner last night?
Speaker 3: No? I did not. I watched some of the highlights. Trump did really good.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I got to replay this joke he told it's clean, clean enough for you. Quote Chuck Schumer is here looking very glom. But look on the bright side, Chuck, considering how woke your party has become. If Kamala loses, you still have the chance to become the first woman president. I thought that was a great joke.
Speaker 3: Yes, now listen, what was this dinner we're talking about.
Speaker 21: It's the annual Al Smith's Dinner put on by the Archdiocese in New York.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, wait, wait, wait is that the one where where Gaffikin was Yeah? Oh, okay, I was. I'm sorry I didn't put that together.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So they've done it every every election cycle forever. I think the last time someone didn't show up. It was like Bob Dole or Mondale or someone from years ago Mondale. But I mean, like everybody shows up. Remember how contentious Hillary and Trump were. They both showed up, they took jabs at each other. But Kamala ran scared, decided not to come send a little video.
Speaker 3: And I didn't even watch the little video. It was ridiculous, and the archdiocese was pretty upset at her, and I think she lost a lot of Catholic votes. Honestly, Well that's odd that so that she really just snubbed them, snubbed them.
Speaker 5: Wow, Like how Kramer snubbed Jerry's ex girlfriend.
Speaker 3: God, you remember that?
Speaker 6: Huh?
Speaker 3: Three zero three seven to one to three talk seven one three eight two five five, Mark, you wanted to bring up Garrett.
Speaker 5: I did want to bring up Garrett. Bring up Garrett for us, Garrett I need. I haven't prepped anything with him. I've been talking about eight eight eight heating forever, on and off. In fact, Tom and I both have and I got I'm pulling up my text right now. I got a email. God, I'm so sorry. I this is kind of right off the cuff here. Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, I gotta find it because I want to say it verbatim for the listeners so they what that's special you guys are doing for forty five bucks. Everybody hears these specials all the time, and we honestly, even though we advertise them, a lot of people we know don't even think much about them because they're inundated with them this time of year. But I got an email, Garrett, from somebody that said, okay, boom, I'm going to read it, but I'm going to leave one part out. Just had eight eight eight heating come out for the inspection and clean, and oh boy, do they ever do a great job. The guy Joe Hannah. I assume that's one of your tech s, Garrett. Very good, very knowledgeable, and the clean was over two hours and way more in depth then and I'm not going to say who it was, and probably will use them for all future repairs and give them a five star review. Now, I'm not going to say who that was from, but it's someone I highly respect.
Speaker 3: And then the next day I got another one.
Speaker 5: So I don't know what you're doing for forty five bucks, but I wanted you to tell people because there is no one in the world that should not call for this for forty five dollars, So what's the deal man, Well.
Speaker 11: Thanks for saying that, March, But what we got going is our normal tune up we've been doing for years is just really in depth already, and if we do as much as we can do to make sure your fur instance and operating properly for the winner. But what we're really tired of is like our customers not getting what they pay for anymore. You know, you can go out to eat and everything's so expensive, a bad service. I really just don't like that, right, So we hire people with the servant's heart to train them well. And what we normally did for forty five dollars for your listeners, we're actually going to do it for thirty eight dollars. They can find that actually on my website. But what we decided to add is a complete blower cleaning, and what we've normally charged four hundred dollars for we're actually doing as part of our maintenance now and from here on out, that's what we're doing. So we pull and clean the dirt and debris out of your blower motor, your blower wheel, and still do our technical tune up on all the gas pressure airflow and just make sure everything's running right. But we just want to make sure that our customers and near listeners that got us to where we are to actually get what they pay for. Is do they got a good quality?
Speaker 3: Oh I can't believe for a forty five bucks.
Speaker 5: This guy that emailed me said, your guy was there, tore it apart, cleaned everything, put it back together. Explain the other stuff you guys do, and said, Look, you know, if anything breaks air it wasn't like a sales pitch or anything.
Speaker 3: Actually it is a sales pitch. And you know this as well as I do.
Speaker 1: Tom.
Speaker 5: The bottom line is when you do a special like this and you soft sell it and clean it and give everybody just the best deal they ever got and don't try to like upsell them everything, that is the best sale in the world. Because when they do need something, what are they going to do? Yeah, of course they're going to call it back.
Speaker 3: While we have you on. As long as we have you on, I'm gonna ask you this, and this is really important. I know that a lot of people doing solar, you guys have been doing heat pumps or dual systems meaning gas slash electric And maybe you knew this, Garrett, Do you know that they get to add that to the price of the solar system and get a tax credit on all of it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's a it's a really good deal. And I got to do that for They got heat pump credits on the city of Denver, Colorado, text all sorts of stuff. You just got to look into it.
Speaker 3: And that's in addition to the solar credits. But I'm saying, if you couple it with a solar system, man, it's pretty damn cool. I mean, it's amazing to me. Yeah. So, Garrett, thank you very much. I appreciate it. I know you guys are growing fast. Uh and we we love having you eight eight eight heating dot com. Say eight eight eight heating dot com. It's unbelievable. Three o three seven seven seven two seven seven six, Thank you, Garrett. Uh three oh three, Yeah, it's it's uh eight eight eight heating got tom and I'll give that number again. Three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six. Okay, back to the phones. If you have any problems questioning claims the courts, it's car Day. You can call with anything. You don't have to call with just cars, but I am getting some texts about cars as well. But I want to I want to go uh right after this, I'll go to Drew to talk to him about this and more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Welcome to the show. Three three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I'm gonna bring up Drew. I talked about it earlier in the show. I got an email where he's laying a guilt trip on me for not living up to my promise. I tried to log into that damn thing three or four times. It won't let me without entering without entering a verification code, which is sent to his cell phone, and he said, why don't you put your cell phone in and manage it from there. I'm not going to do that. I'm not going to put my cell phone, nor my email address or anything. I told him. What I would do is edit the description where I feel it would make a better appeal than the one he has. What I might do is simply email him that description and he can copy and paste it. I'm not going to get involved directly in collecting money or having my cell phone or my email on a gofund me site. So, Drew, is that what you wanted to talk about.
Speaker 22: Yes, First of all, time, you did promise you were going to take over the sign, and you were also.
Speaker 3: Going to know no, no, Drew, I never said I was going to take it over once in my life. What I said was give me your login credentials. I will go in and edit it for you and make a better appeal for you, because the one you have up there is too political and incendiary and it's not going to work. I never said I was going to take over the account. I will not do that. And if that's what you heard, that is part of your problem, because you're not hearing correctly.
Speaker 22: First of all, you also said you were going to advertise it.
Speaker 3: I said I would let people know about it, and I will, And I never said, are you going to acknowledge that? I never said I was going to take it over.
Speaker 22: And our last conversation, you gave a strong impression.
Speaker 3: Okay, goodbye, Drew. I never want to talk to you again. Goodbye. I'm sorry. This is it. You know what, Drew, You got a big problem and it's not me. Goodbye, Okay, goodbye, I'm done. I never said I'm gonna take over his GoFundMe. In fact, I even told you it was not going to work. You need to do something else, Drew. You are a walking disaster. For years, you have been suing people and suing people, and suing people and suing people, and now it's all caught up with you. You're injured, you ran out of money, and now you're hoping your latest lawsuits will support you. They will not. Neither will a go fund me site. I will. I will send you by email a description that I believe you should copy and paste to your GoFundMe site. I will do you that. Tell him that Kelly off the air, and then I will block your email because I'm not going to be guilt tripped into that. Okay, I'm not gonna do it. Three three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Man, I just you know, what were you gonna say?
Speaker 13: Mark?
Speaker 3: I told you so, right, I say something, But anyway, Mark was busy with pizza. Oh oh oh okay, anyway, let's go back.
Speaker 5: I heard it in there, man, And the only part I disagree with is you told him you were going to log in and do everything from here out.
Speaker 1: Mark.
Speaker 3: Mark, don't don't even fool with him, because he doesn't. That is not something to do. I know. No, no, seriously, because he thinks that we have some conspiracy against him. Not what I said was. I did say I would log in and I would change the description for him. He needed help making his appeal. I could not log in because it asks for a verification code sent to a Celfih you know, you know what you should do. And I'm sure he'll be listening to this. Seriously, you should write him that front paragraph and send it to him and he connected it. Yeah, No, I'm going to he can copy and paste it. I'm gonna send him a description that would be better than the one he has. The one he has will never get him money.
Speaker 20: Hey, Tom, he's back on the phone. He'd like to address the wuted because we gave him the lawyer's name and phone number and also his phone number, and he hasn't heard anything.
Speaker 7: Guess what we did call the attorney. Yeah, I called the attorney. We did call the attorney, spoke with him, Drew, We called your attorney and we spoke.
Speaker 3: To him for a long time. Okay, Oh, Tom, we did talk to you. Did you hear me?
Speaker 22: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, you know what, Drew. You You do a lot of talking, but you don't do listening. So first acknowledge, did you hear me say we called your attorney?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 3: Do you believe that we called your attorney as.
Speaker 22: Of this morning? Said, we don't want to call them for Well.
Speaker 3: Guess what, he's a liar and you're a liar. Goodbye.
Speaker 8: Let me correct that I spoke with him this morning, Yes, not yesterday. I spoke with him this time. It was nine forty our time, so New Jersey would have been eleven forty.
Speaker 3: Eleven forty New Jersey time. We talked to him, Okay, Drew, mister Van atten ju. We talked to your attorney, so we found out what would the attorney say? Well, okay, the first of all, the attorney said, even though he was given permission to talk to us, he does not want us publishing facts of the case. So he told us about the case enough to know. Here's what we do know about the case. Okay, without good giving specifics, it's going to be a long time before it's settled. If it is. Okay, we do know that, Drew. So it's not something that's going to come to your rescue in twenty twenty five. Okay, so you got a problem. That's what I'm trying to get across to you. You may think I'm being mean to you, Drew, but I'm probably one of the few people in your life that will confront you and tell you the truth. Is he there.
Speaker 22: You don't have to take over the site. I got that impression, but just advertise it.
Speaker 3: I will. I will as soon as I fix the description. I'm going to email you the description so you can copy and paste it in. Do you know how to do that?
Speaker 22: I don't know anything about computers.
Speaker 3: How did the first one get made?
Speaker 22: The librarian did it?
Speaker 3: And Okay, she did not come up with the wording about Kamala.
Speaker 22: Right, it's my words.
Speaker 3: Okay, Then if I send you better wording, would you send it to your librarian to upload it.
Speaker 22: Yes, I'll show it to them. And I want to tell you something. One of your listeners sent me seventy five dollars and sent because they hope that Tom Artino will continue to help me on the go fundme.
Speaker 1: Well you listen.
Speaker 3: Oh that's wonderful, Drew. I want to help you, but you don't understand something. And I'm going to say it once again, this will not be your answer. You need at seventy seven years old with limited income. You have a pension for disability, and you have Social Security. Since you have no other means of income, you need to leave New Jersey and find a place where you can live cheaper.
Speaker 1: Since you can't telling.
Speaker 22: Me, Tom, thank you for telling me. I appreciate it, But I can't leave now. My attorney told me is coming to trial in six months. I can't be two thousand miles away.
Speaker 3: Okay. If it comes to trial in six months, do you understand Dan that that could go on for two to three years.
Speaker 22: Do you know that if we win the jury trial. I think that will end it.
Speaker 3: In the meantime, how much do you think you're going to get drew?
Speaker 22: I've never had this before. I have a crippled right handed right arm. I have two harniated disks okay, and a correct contractor's foot and an injured net.
Speaker 3: And that's all from walking into the tailgate of an suv.
Speaker 22: I didn't walk into the tailgate. Everybody walks between the cars. The guy back to his car over the.
Speaker 3: Side of you were walking and it came down on you.
Speaker 22: I was walking and it came down and hit me in the head where everybody walks.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, wait, no, I really want to understand. We got to take a break, Mark, honest to god, we got to take a break. We're literally going to be into the next hour. Hold on, hit his head, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer. When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Boy, I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Okay, as you see, we got stuff going on, and uh we're running out of time, so we can uh continue this creative saga after the news. But we have basically hard car day and then Mark talked to Drew to get a better idea of the accident. Plus we'll talk to you about your problems, questions and complaints. I promise give us a call three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five go with a sure thing Denvers Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer. When you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two, so you don't have as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 1: Come Man Dix.
Speaker 3: Is the Troubleshooter Show. Now Tom Martinez, Hey, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. Let's uh talk to you about your problems, questions and complaints. It's car Day today, so get your calls in about anything including cars. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five, and we have callers on the line. We'll go right to Kevin. Go ahead, what's going on? Kevin?
Speaker 16: Hey, I wanted to start the ball rolling on drus on charity work, and I call I donated last week. I'm the one that donated.
Speaker 3: You're you know what, you're a very good man, Kevin, very good man.
Speaker 16: Who Well you and I have met, and uh you can you can tell Mark I'm the one that has the son that flies the black Hawk helicopter.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah cool man.
Speaker 16: Well, I wanted to get money donated to him, and I told him to the only thing I said to him was Tom Martinos, the best I've been to a few of his seminars. Hopefully my donation will get the ball rolling. Yeah, please clean up the plea. It will help you more.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now, I just started working on the plea. Here's where I am so far. But why why are you calling?
Speaker 16: Now?
Speaker 3: Are you wanting a refund?
Speaker 11: No, he's come on, come on, well Mark, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: But no, I.
Speaker 16: I'm opposed to his age. I wish I could be more.
Speaker 3: Now here's here's what I started writing. My name is Drew Bradford, a retired pastor who has dedicated my life to spreading the good news of the Bible. I was very active well into my seventies until I was injured by a freak actioncident due to what I believe was negligence. Unfortunately, pursuing damages through the courts could take years. Meanwhile, at seventy seven years old and disabled from the accident, I am unable to work. My income from Social Security is not enough to make my limited expenses, and I have exhausted my savings. Then I'm going to go on and it'll be the end, but it's going to be way, way better than the one that's up there now that talks about how Kamala Harris, because she is giving all the money to illegal aliens, has made him broke. I mean, he never once mentioned being injured his life's work anything, So that is wait, wait, in all honesty, maybe that is what he should have up there. Mark, no one's going to donate to him, Okay, if he has, if he keeps the description the way it is, I'm trying to make an appeal to a broader audience because he's down on his luck. And let me bring up Drew. Drew, that's I got started on it. I'm going to email that to you.
Speaker 6: You can give that to your phone.
Speaker 22: Let me apologize. We had a misunderstanding, and as a Christian, I believe we should just I should forget about it. I appreciate that you're going to try to publicize it and we leave.
Speaker 11: It as that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But by the way, this description that I read, did you hear it?
Speaker 22: It's a lot better than mine.
Speaker 3: Well, yours is too political, and I think it sounds a little angry. And by the way, there's nothing wrong with you holding any belief you want, but when you're making an appeal to people to donate to you. How do you blame Kamala Harris for your financial difficulties?
Speaker 19: Of people?
Speaker 22: Who was in the paper in New Jersey today, the Post and the Daily News the legal aliens are murdering people to get free rent. This one illegal alien is fifteen. He's got nine criminal charges against some separate and they keep letting him out and he gets a free rental apartment. He's illegal, free health insurance, free car insurance, and an old citizen like me, I don't get anything.
Speaker 3: But by the way, that's all being published by the Daily News and the Post and New York will will vote overwhelmingly democratic.
Speaker 22: What can I say? You know your buddy there, Mark. I agree with Mark much of the time.
Speaker 3: Oh, you know you and Mark want to do a show together. I'm going to propose that time. Yeah you proposed that, Thomas. Yes, anyway, Drew, thank you. I'm going to send this to you by email. I gotta go. I wish you the best. I just want you to take other action in addition to this. I would not stick around New Jersey on the hopes that that lawsuit's going to pay out. I'm telling you you can come back if it goes to trial and you need to come back, but you need to go somewhere cheaper. Tyler, you want to talk about an issue with your starter on a twenty sixteen Ford Escape. What's going on? Tyler?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 18: Man, dude, I've been through the ringer? Can you hear me?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: I ken?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 18: Jeez?
Speaker 3: Man? This car has been a well tell me tell me this. First of all, how long have you owned it?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 18: Maybe three is years or so?
Speaker 3: And did you you bought it used then? Right? Yes, of course you did if you only.
Speaker 18: Had twenty sixteen. Yeah, and you say you've.
Speaker 3: Been through the ringer? Now, what's going on with it? We got Jeff Vick with us. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 18: First of all, Like within the first like year and a half, the transmission blue and that was an eight grand six?
Speaker 3: Did you back then when you bought it three years ago? Did you get it checked out?
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 18: I didn't take it to any place.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 18: I figured that they would have done the due diligence of that.
Speaker 3: Well, that's wrong. That's your biggest mistakes. So okay, how many miles were on it?
Speaker 18: About like sixty five thousand?
Speaker 3: Well that wasn't terrible at all. So okay, So you bought a twenty sixteen Ford a scott Escope or Escape for sixty five thousand miles. Yeah, sixty five thousand miles, and you had a transmission and what else?
Speaker 18: That was the main issue. I mean, that was eight grand. I got laid off at the time. Maker can't tell me they weren't renewing the lease. So I got kicked out of my place. What's it called? Yeah, I was making really good money as an.
Speaker 3: How much should you say you spent on that transmission?
Speaker 18: Eight grand?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: The car was thirteen yeh yes, eight grand.
Speaker 4: Depending on where he got it done. And you know, if there's just in stalln boxing this and that's actually a pretty reasonable price.
Speaker 3: And did you pay that tyler?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 18: Unfortunately over it's over half of the price of the car itself.
Speaker 3: Okay, what else then? What are you calling about today?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 18: I was originally calling you guys because you guys were on what's it uh our twelve It's like that donation for cars and stuff, and it was linked to and I was trying to find out the contact information and it immediately led led me to you guys.
Speaker 3: Well, hold on now, hold on, we are associated with some people who have car donations for certain things.
Speaker 1: We don't.
Speaker 3: We don't have people who just donate cars because people can't afford a car.
Speaker 18: It's usually the donation of cars. It's like, it's like what I called an automobile place, and they told me that this company, I mean.
Speaker 3: There is a company that helps people right fix cars. That's right. What's wrong with it? Right now?
Speaker 18: Right now? Within the past week and a half or so, it's been sputtering and and like acting.
Speaker 3: Hold on, guys, can you hye care that for me? Okay, put him on holds, tell him to mind his p's and q's. We'll bring it back. We're gonna have to wait to spool it up again. Let's take a break. Yeah, but I want to say something, Okay, I'm not sure. Look at these low cost auto repair places. I believe it wasn't Hands of the Carpenter one of them.
Speaker 4: Yes, my high school friend operates that entire charity.
Speaker 3: Hands Okay, but isn't it for mainly single yeah, womenly.
Speaker 6: For single mother.
Speaker 3: Not mainly it is.
Speaker 6: It is exclusively for single mother.
Speaker 3: But are he mentioned R twelve? Almost? What's that? Doc?
Speaker 13: Just tell him to identify as a woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he has to be a single mom. Yeah. Anyway, that's going to be pretty difficult. Three oh three seven three Tyler, listen, man, I'm not sure what we can do to help, but let's talk about the issue first. It may not be that major. And I'm really sorry you're running through this. We'll talk to you right after this. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So I've finished Drew's appeal. I'm going to email him. I'm not going to bother reading the whole thing, but I did it, and I'm hoping it will help him a little. Again, I don't think GoFundMe should ever be your go to plan for financial difficulties, as your only plan or your first plan.
Speaker 13: I just got off the phone with Fan Duel. The over under on his fund me is one hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: What is that that mean? He said? Whether it'll make any money? Well, I don't know. Let's see. Let's see anyway, So did we? Uh? Okay? So so, Tyler, in addition to the starter you had for eight thousand dollars, now you're it's sputtering, right, Tyler, This isn't Tyler?
Speaker 11: Just can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yes? I can, sir, go ahead, yeah, Oh my name's Swayne.
Speaker 3: Tyler's gone. Okay, did he swear again? No? I don't know what happened. Yeah, he must have. I'm not sure what happened. Dragon, Dragon, Dragon, He's getting it fixed. We dragon died too, But Tom, I don't think we've told you this. We got to trainee in today and then with that cussing, you know, they have to figure stuff out. But we have Dwayne up ready? Yeah, Dwayne, what's happening?
Speaker 1: How you doing good?
Speaker 3: What's going on? Dwayne?
Speaker 23: I don't listen to your show as much as I'd like to, But I'm on TikTok. I've got a lot of followers on TikTok. I put out some really good skicks that's neither here nor there.
Speaker 3: Well, hold on, I want to look it up, though, I will wait. I want to look it up. What is your TikTok handle?
Speaker 1: Not boring?
Speaker 3: Ten?
Speaker 7: Not what.
Speaker 21: Boring?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I get it? Not boring ten?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, So what about it? What's going on with you?
Speaker 23: You have a thousand followers. I haven't really hit it much, but I have hit it and that's neither here nor there.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of.
Speaker 23: These people that claim to be celebrities, scamming their fans of twelve to fourteen million dollars a month.
Speaker 3: Wait, hold on celebrities meaning on TikTok.
Speaker 23: Now celebrity says like Yellowstone, Kevin Cosner.
Speaker 3: I understand, but what for what format are they? What what platform are they use? Narcock on TikTok? So wait a minute, So, so there would be somebody on TikTok claiming to be Kevin Cosner, Yes, and what is he asking for? This fake celebrity?
Speaker 23: Well, let's have you buy one of my fan cards and VI I P cards and they could go anywhere from five thousand down to a thousand and a few four they say one hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: And how do you know? And are our people that's stupid that they're falling for it?
Speaker 23: Well, they voted for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: They must be.
Speaker 3: Dwain. Dwain, nobody voted for her, yet, how do we know they voted for her?
Speaker 21: I'm off a diehard trumper.
Speaker 3: Anyways, A lot of fake celebrities are on TikTok A lot of them, can.
Speaker 21: Jennifer as well?
Speaker 3: How would you tell if they're that like an X they can have the uh whatever?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't even know what the little symbol is in the blue check mark the blue check mark?
Speaker 3: So does TikTok not have that?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I don't listen to Chinese news, so I don't know.
Speaker 23: Well, they used to have some really good stuff on there and Coda Dave Pablo, which wasn't really coda that started this oh thing? You six eight months of tom as.
Speaker 3: A side note? Do you see what happens when we take Drew calls? Yeah?
Speaker 23: Oh well, anyway, somebody gave me one point two million dollars?
Speaker 3: What do you mean somebody gave you? What do you mean by that?
Speaker 1: I have one point two million dollars in one of my stock.
Speaker 21: Accounts that someone gave you celebrities?
Speaker 3: Now wait a minute, wait a minute, hold on, now you now you got my attention. You're telling me that there is a celebrity who wired you money.
Speaker 23: Yes, why they put They told me to open up an account with a particular stockbroker company. Should I tell you the name?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Grim X Capital? Are I n X Capital okay.
Speaker 3: And and you have you opened an account. Oh, I get it, and now it shows you have one point what is it?
Speaker 23: One million?
Speaker 3: Okay, see what's going on. I'm exactly what's going on.
Speaker 23: Here's the here's the catcher, mister Martino. Yes, in order for me to do anything with that account, I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 3: I was going to tell you, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 23: In order for me to do anything that I tell account, we have to buy some Tesla shares, the Tesla shares.
Speaker 3: Can I let me tell you what's going on so I can just get through it. It's just a fake place, man, yes it is. And and the money in there, you don't really have the money in there, and it's just you're you're just getting taken to the cleaners.
Speaker 18: Well they're trying to take me to the cleaners.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't have any money, you know? That?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 22: That?
Speaker 3: That actually is a pretty good little fishing scheme, honestly. Yeah. If you go open up an account for.
Speaker 5: Free at a fake place, and then you look and all of a sudden you have one point two million dollars and you can access it if you simply buy a couple shares of Tesla.
Speaker 23: That's right, ten share, which is two grand, and I could not I verified the money.
Speaker 3: Well can you use that money or do you have to put your own in? Well? No, I have to use my own of course you Now, why would you have to use your own if you have one point two million in this account? Because you got to verify. And here's let me explain what's going on. Obviously that money is not going to buy stockets going into some scammers pocket. Yeah, of course that in the in the one point too, is completely fake.
Speaker 5: You're on a completely fake website that acts like it's a schwab or something.
Speaker 3: It's totally fake. Exactly.
Speaker 6: You didn't link your bank account to this, did you?
Speaker 3: Did you link your bank account to this yet?
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 3: No, good. You're smarter than you sound. I was. I said you're smarter than you sound.
Speaker 21: Yeah, well, thank you. I was a little bit above Horst gumps.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a compliment that you're smarter than you sound.
Speaker 13: Don't take offense. He tells me I'm dumber than I sound.
Speaker 3: And look, no, you're all right, Doc. You're smarter than you what, You're way smarter than you look. Go ahead.
Speaker 11: Of me, you wish I.
Speaker 23: Could find out if the company comes up on a website. I've talked to people in there.
Speaker 3: It's not true, bro, Why do you you want to go after him? Is what you're looking at? Right?
Speaker 23: No, I'm the one point two million, but I'm not gonna waste two thousand dollars to try to get it to me.
Speaker 3: It's not real, bro, it's not real. And by the way, I tried searching for you, I saw it. I tried searching for not Boring ten and I don't get anything. I saw him.
Speaker 23: Oh well it's on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not Boring ten.
Speaker 1: You know it's the number, no capital N, no spaces.
Speaker 5: You know what we could do for Dwayne or what you could Tom, And I think you should just like you did for Drew. Let's do a GoFundMe for one point two million and you write the cover page and we'll try to get him the money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'll do that for sure.
Speaker 1: It'll be awesome.
Speaker 3: I'm Dwayne.
Speaker 1: I didn't maybe eight eighteen years old eighty Dwayne.
Speaker 12: You know that was the market thing I ever damn did You can call me Tom.
Speaker 3: By the way, you can call me Tom. Hey, not Boring ten. May I ask you what do you post.
Speaker 23: Well, usually jokes and stuff.
Speaker 3: You give me a joke, well, I put on there.
Speaker 23: The Secret Service has a new requirement.
Speaker 1: To join them that have to have roofing experience.
Speaker 3: And yeah, oh gosh, that's kind of funny. Come on, give me one more, Come on, give me one more. I like it.
Speaker 23: Oh well, I was talking about my father when he pathed away. He was seventy three, and he started with this whole skit.
Speaker 1: He says, you know why I'm old slow, don't you?
Speaker 23: And people go, no, why are you slow? He says, well, because I'm old, and he had a farm or a ranch out here in Colorado's fights out Elikot they got burnt. He says, when I die, I don't want to be criminated, and he goes criminated. People go, what the hell did you talk about it?
Speaker 15: He's just criminated.
Speaker 11: It's cremated.
Speaker 1: Seniors cannot say that.
Speaker 21: Word or understand it. And he goes.
Speaker 23: People go white because I blister ofs ill easily.
Speaker 3: And then he's sitting in his whelpair.
Speaker 18: I told this that is eulogy.
Speaker 23: You know what I think, I'm becoming mineralized. You're becoming mineralized. Okay, he says, well, I got these are your teeth.
Speaker 11: Yeah, hold in my teeth and letting my ass.
Speaker 3: My god. Okay, sir, thank you for light, Thank you for brightening our day. We certainly appreciate it. Anybody else want to call it, we'll kind of call it. We're not going to have car Friday. It's going to be nut Day. Today is officially nut Day. So anybody want to all with any other nutty stuff. Anyway, we got Jeff fic kimmera transmission. Not that I mean he's one of the nuts, but he's a.
Speaker 4: Background check.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, So listen, you wanted to did you ask your question about your car? Question? Not yet, I'd love to real quick, yeah, and then we'll answer after the break.
Speaker 8: Hey, Jeff, my car has the beloved A's and A seven fifty transmission. It's a Toyota and as you know, it specifies the Toyota WS fluid. Now, during a recent exchange, I was offered an aftermarket BG fluid, and when I looked at it, it's said that it's compatible with both WS and ATF type T DASH four, which is the previous version of Toyota's fluid. Now my question is this since those two fluids are not compatible with each other. How could a universal fluid be compatible with two things that aren't compatible with each other to begin with, Well.
Speaker 3: That's a good question.
Speaker 4: Well, simply because it has the additive packages, meets the qualifications.
Speaker 3: For either one, they don't conflict.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Toyota definitely doesn't want you using the old stuff. First of all, is cheaper, So I mean, could you get away with the other stuff? Yes, you probably could. It is really you may get some shift complaints because some of the additives, friction modifiers and whatnot aren't going to be the same as the WS, so you can always do better than an old but you know, you usually don't want to use the old and try to get the same.
Speaker 6: No, I would never dream of using anything but WS.
Speaker 4: My question is how we'll definitely qualify for that, because because of the additive packages, and it's not just Toyota, it's also going to roll over to Honda and all the bunch of other manufacturers. There can be cases where those additive packages will give you shift complaints, usually hard shifts or slippy shifts or something like that, so they don't recommend using it. But as long as those additive packages, meet the original and EM you're in a good place.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a good answer. Okay, we have more answers. All we need are questions coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. All right, what's going on in your life? Three oh three seven one three talk? Look what I have? I so I have somebody texted me a picture and I'm going to put it up on YouTube. And they're trying to sell this car and Jeff, he wants to know the best place to sell this car. He calls it antique. It's no excuse me, he calls it classic. I believe it's actually antique. Antique is forty five years right or older? Or forty years older somewhere? Run there anyway there it is? What is that car? But and and those on YouTube can see it, that's.
Speaker 4: A beautiful car. But I mean, that's that's going to be a very special one.
Speaker 3: What kind of car?
Speaker 24: I don't even know what it is. He didn't say what it is. He just said something he should. Actually, my recommendation would be actually to reach out to Rod. He's going to be a better lead on somebody who is going to be able to be honest and help him broker this car. He's not gonna want to sell it on his own. I hope if he did all the restoration on it, he is not expecting to recover his money because you will not with you going to you know, the restoration, the time, the money you put into him, you will never recover on these restoration vehicles.
Speaker 3: I think the auction isn't that way.
Speaker 4: Probably going to be an auction type.
Speaker 3: Did you see it? Mark?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Everybody can. Yeah. So anyway, Dave, you want to hear a story, I don't know what you're talking about, but go ahead, Dave.
Speaker 16: Ask wasn't there uncle game that Mark attended, Whether there was an accident with a woman?
Speaker 3: Yes. I let Susan tell the story.
Speaker 25: Well, oh, Tommy, you know about this at the Raiders game a few weekends ago.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, tell the show.
Speaker 25: Okay, Well, Mark, we were with some friends and they had season tickets. They had the last four at the end, so they scooched in and let me and Mark take the end seats, And of course I let Mark take the end end seat for more room, and he says, Hey, I think someone spit on me. And then like within a split second he realizes this poor woman, she was splattering out her.
Speaker 3: Behind and it like down fifty steps tom. Then she gets to the.
Speaker 25: Bathroom and splatters in there. They had to call the paramedics and throw and shut down.
Speaker 3: I was having a diarrhea attack, right, It was worse than that.
Speaker 25: It was worse than just a diarrhea tack.
Speaker 5: So wet as she's walking down the stairs, her pants are so drenched.
Speaker 3: It's splattering over everybody in the aisle. Oh no, I slipped and fell in it. Yeah, it was so god yeah, I was.
Speaker 25: And people were leaving because it stunk so bad, even though we were outside.
Speaker 3: I had to clear basically the section in disinfect the.
Speaker 25: Light talks waste, right, I mean, come on, it looked like somebody had vomited all down the stairs.
Speaker 1: It was so bad.
Speaker 3: Was this a young woman or an old She wasn't young.
Speaker 13: It sounds to be like a typical day on labor delivery wood.
Speaker 3: Mark. So there you have that, Dave, All right, Wow, hope that makes should put a We should put a hung up. He was eating lunch. We should have a warning on that kind of stuff. Well, Dave, that's the story. You wanted it, You got it. Now, I got a text here. Hold on, let me go to this text for Jeff about a transmission. Jeff, you said eight grand. It could cost eight grand. So this person wants to know the range for rebuilding a transmission, like like on normal cars whatever that means.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if you can call anything normal.
Speaker 3: And you know, give me, give me the highest rebuild you've you've told I'm not talking about like some exotic car, but like the highest rebuild you've heard of.
Speaker 4: The highest I've ever done was probably a fifteen thousand.
Speaker 3: What the hell did you do for fifteen thousand? Without getting vulgar, it was it was on a newer.
Speaker 4: And all actuality Dodge truck with what's called the A S sixty nine r C. I mean they can definitely be lower, but yeah, they can get up boards of fifteen sixteen, seventeen thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: What that that's truly for the transmission?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I've done him for his low as about nine That about like a big Ford F four fifty. Yeah, well, the six R one forty. You're probably talking somewhere around the ten eleven thousand dollars mark.
Speaker 3: Wow, holy crap, I mean that truly is what outrageous? Okay, the most what's the lowest you've ever done? Oh yeah, let's talk exotic. And the lowest I would have been tank. Actually, oh, get out of here, I'm serious.
Speaker 16: I had a guy tank.
Speaker 4: It was a Sherman tank. The guy brought us three core transmissions. He was actually restoring a tank, and so we were able to get most of the parts we were to get there. You'd be surprised what the military still had available for purchase for us to actually can finish finish building this tank.
Speaker 3: Did you even recognize it as a transmission?
Speaker 4: I had never seen any Well, yeah, of course I recognized as a transmission, but I had never worked on this unit before. Obviously, it's the one only time I did.
Speaker 3: And you didn't. You just rebuilt a trans you didn't have the tank.
Speaker 4: Now the tank he was. This guy literally was just bored and so he was going around having people work on this tank refurbish a tank.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: And by the time he was done, this Sherman tank, if you had the munitions, you could fire it. So how he was done, he actually drove around all the shots with this tank on a flatbed. Let us crawl around it, spind the turret and so on and so forth. And then when we were done, he drove it down to Kentucky and donated to a You got him send his.
Speaker 3: Pictures of that.
Speaker 11: Ago.
Speaker 3: So, Jeff, I mean, let's talk about this. We talked about electric motors being a direct drive meaning low, low voltage, you know, low speed to torque about okay, So with a gasoline engine, obviously we used transmissions. But when they first did it was it like the electric where they didn't have a transmission and it was just simply low throttle. You start rolling, and.
Speaker 4: You still had to have a transmission. Obviously they started off with stick shifts, so direct drive, okay, had to be able to shift them back and forth. And then when they first came out with.
Speaker 3: See that's just as remarkable as the as the internal combustion engine. Seriously, the transmission it can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're very complicated and most engine guys won't work on a transmission. Quite frankly, I've been doing so.
Speaker 3: There's no way that you could lay a motor sideways and have a direct shaft. You you just can't do it? How did like a steam engine works.
Speaker 4: Then they didn't have can you just have to be able to a couple or uncouple the power some one.
Speaker 3: Way or another, right, like a clutch or some type.
Speaker 4: So when they first came out with automatic transmissions, you didn't have a torque rever. You had was called a fluid coupler. So instead they had a drive drive side of pump side and a turbine side, so basically it could slip in there you had a big hydraulics.
Speaker 3: Otherwise it would stall out every exactly.
Speaker 4: So then when you took your foot off the gap or off the brake rather, you accelerated it and it just through that fluid of the turbino side and forced it to start turning slowly. They were a dog off the start, but they weren't dream on the highway.
Speaker 3: So can you do that truly with clutches? It would just wear them out all the time, right, Well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the clutch is a wearing part, just like a break.
Speaker 3: Okay, So transmissions were they developed right around the same time that the engines.
Speaker 4: Were pretty much you pretty well, not as engines, but as far as the automobile's concerned.
Speaker 3: Yes, So the Model ten when they took out that model Tea, when they were doing they had they had to do a pretty sophisticated gear range.
Speaker 4: So you had a lot of different engineers working on different parts of the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And when you think about I mean the technology and where we've come today, my goodness. And then you talk about the CBT, it's incredible. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show, Martino. You're trouble Shooter three all three seven month three, talk about seven two five five. Okay, let's go to the phones and find out what we can do for you. And uh, we're going to wrap up the show. Well, not just right this second. I want to talk about this scam Marlene. What what do you think's going on? Marlene?
Speaker 26: Hi, Hi, right, Well, I've been trodded by several different companies, security cameras, plumbing companies. By the way, I'm going to drop down that plumbing company. You just talked about, four plumbing companies, three security camera companies.
Speaker 3: Well, my god, why are you being ripped off so much?
Speaker 26: Well, because I've been isolated. I live up in the foothills, I live alone. My daughter had to move out as a result of these nasty people. And when my husband died, they just kind of came in and wanted me out for whatever reasons. I'm sure it's all about money, right, Marlene?
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: What do you mean they came in and wanted you out?
Speaker 26: They have been harassing me, stalking me, terrorizing me.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, listen, let me ask you that. Hold on one second, just one second. When when did you u When did you get divorced?
Speaker 26: Oh, my husband died in twenty in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Is that when it started? Marlene?
Speaker 15: It's practically the day, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: Marlene, Marlene, listen, please listen, Okay, I promise you. I just want you to listen. I don't want you to jump to conclusions or think that I think that there's something wrong with you. But many times emotional traumas bring on feelings of paranoia, or feelings of persecution, or feelings like this, and sometimes they're exaggerated a bit because of what you have been through. And you say your daughter moved out? Did she? Did she ever mention that some of this maybe wasn't real.
Speaker 26: No, moved out because of it.
Speaker 3: Can you give me an example of how you were being terrorized.
Speaker 26: Okay, okay, last night example, I hate to call the sheriff because to just.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, what happened last night? What happened?
Speaker 26: I had to call the sheriff because there were folks in the backyard. I could hear them, and my dog was born nuts. And I know those animals too.
Speaker 3: We have bars and all that. What were they doing in the backyard? What were they doing?
Speaker 19: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 26: I don't know exactly. I know that I've had tens of thousands of dollars worth of materials stolen from.
Speaker 19: My backyard, my all my deck wood and all my firewood, and.
Speaker 1: I mean a lot of things.
Speaker 3: Just doing Kelly, get her name and number. I want to get her back on the show. Okay, put her on hold right now. We're running out of time. Jeff Fick, thanks for being here. Transmissions Denver dot com. He's at three oh three six nine three fourteen hundred. Remember, folks, save all your problems for me.