Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: We're going to end with a bang. We have crammed seven hours of show in two four hours.
Speaker 1: Kanye West has shown up at the Ditty trial, you know, and that's all I'll say about that, because that's all the attention that those two individuals should have.
Speaker 3: What else could you say?
Speaker 2: I guess he's working on he being Kanye is working on music with one of Diddy's sons in New.
Speaker 1: York and other news from TMZ Andtonio Brown is wanted in Florida. We're getting more details surfaced yesterday that he's wanted for attempt at murder of course wide receiver in the NFL made plenty of headlines through the.
Speaker 4: Course of his career.
Speaker 1: Cop say he stole a security guards gun and tried to kill a man outside of a celebrity boxing match last month. So they want him basically to stay at home until his trial.
Speaker 4: We'll see how all of that plays out as well.
Speaker 2: The big international stories we'll get to in just a moment, though obviously the Israeli bombing of just about every single nuclear facility and anybody with four stars on their collar in anywhere in Iran. Is topic is top news. Of course, the plane crash also in India.
Speaker 1: I was just going to say about Israel iron President Trump telling you Wall Street Journal today that he was aware, of course he was, of Israel's plans to attack Iran. Here's the quote, heads up. It wasn't a heads up. We know what's going on. He did urge Iran's leadership to make a deal before there is nothing left, he said, adding that Israel had access to lethal military equipment manufactured by the US and that they know how to use it. So yeah, at the bottom of the hour, we will get in all of the details.
Speaker 4: On that one.
Speaker 2: There was an interesting moment yesterday where for just a few hours it looked like it looked like Avenuwsom had control again of the National Guard.
Speaker 5: These folks are now being commandeered to do ice rates. You've seen the photographs. That ends tomorrow at noon. The courts have ruled on the Guard. It will be back under my command and he'll be relieved. Donald Trump were believed of his command at noon tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So that has since changed.
Speaker 2: Of course, it's a few hours later, their three judge panel on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals basically did away with the temporary restraining order that Judge Briar put in place, and there is a hearing planned for Tuesday. As of right now, the National Guard is still under the purview of the President of the United States.
Speaker 4: We'll go back to sophomore year.
Speaker 1: I believe it was that we got into states' rights outlined in the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution, and that is what Judge Briar found. He said, well, it looks like that Trump when this all pans out, it's going to be shown legally that he did not have the right, according to the Tenth Amendment in the Constitution, to bypass Governor Newsom and activate the California National Guard. That that is outlined as not a federal right, not a federal government right. So they're based off the tenth Amendment. It goes to the states in terms of the Marines. Well, that's another question, isn't it. That's not the California National.
Speaker 2: Guard, right. He didn't even I don't even know if it was. He rejected the request by the state to restrain the Marines because you're right, because that is a completely different issue. You bring in the Pentagon, you bring the Secretary of Defense, etc. As of right now, Judge Bryer said it would be inappropriate to issue any order restricting the Marines' actions when they have not done anything that would violate the Pase Coma Tatis Act. Which is interesting because one of the things that the State was arguing in this case was that Marines and National Guard members were being used in law enforcement opacity, which to this point they have not done.
Speaker 3: They have not been used in that capacity.
Speaker 2: They have stood guard, protecting ICE agents and other Department of Homeland Security investigators, etc. While they were doing their work, but there have been no National Guard detentions that we know of, or the Marines haven't arrested or attained anybody. So that was sort of a they were hoping that it didn't happen, but the judge in that case, Judge Bryer, went along with it. Now, when it got up to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, what they do is they bring three judges out of the what I think there's twenty seven of them on the Ninth Circuit, they pick three judges in this case, two judges that had been appointed by Donald Trump and one by Joe Biden, and two out of the three basically restricted that temporary restriction. So now the power still rests with President Trump control of the National Guard until Tuesday, at least, because on Tuesdays, when they're planning a giant zoom call for everybody to not turn their microphones on.
Speaker 3: Talk about it.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow is the big parade, Trump's birthday and the Army's two hundred and fiftieth birthday parade. There is a fitness competition on the National Mall. We'll tell you all the details of what we know about the schedule and the accompanying protests possibly as well.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM. Six forty.
Speaker 2: Israeli airstrikes overnight hit more than one hundred major targets in Iran, including some of their big nuclear facilities and missile sites. They killed senior military commanders and nuclear scientists in what Iran said was a declaration of war. Israeli officials have said these strikes were the first phase of a larger operation that could last two weeks. Donald Trump has described the attack as excellent He warned that further strikes would be more brutal unless Tehran agrees to back down over its nuclear program.
Speaker 3: We'll talk more about that at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 1: Tropical Storm Delilah, This beautiful, beautiful name Delilah. Yeah, Tropical Storm Delilah set to develop today in the Eastern Pacific.
Speaker 4: Winds speeds have picked up.
Speaker 1: About three hundred miles off the Mexican coast, so they're going to get rain this weekend. They do say the storm is set to great life threatening surf and rip current conditions. It's going to follow the same path as Barbara, which lost steam over after traveling over cooler waters last week.
Speaker 3: I believe it was the Note Kings prote Conway just mentioned it. They're in the promo.
Speaker 2: The Note King's protests are planned throughout the United States tomorrow. At this point, the organizers have said that they don't have any official events taking place near the Army Parade in d C.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the arming parade, we're talking thousands of marching soldiers, dozens of helicopters flying overhead, hundreds of military vehicles. They say, at least twenty eight tanks. Everything's going to be parading through the heart of d C. Again, this is the celebration honoring the two hundred and fifty birthday of the US Army.
Speaker 4: Thank God for that, by the way, thank God for that.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, well, that it's not just the president's birthday military celebration, Yes, you know what I mean. At least there's under a guise of some kind of real reason, right because it is Donald Trump's seventy ninth birthday as well. They say this is expected to be the largest military parade in the capital since the end of the First Gulf War in nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that at all.
Speaker 4: I don't either, zero memory of that.
Speaker 1: In fact, this is the first time I'm reading it, and I just made a mental note to pull up any sort of visuals because I have no memory of that. But there will be musical performances, parachutists, fireworks, street closures, the whole bit. Here is the schedule eight fifteen Tomorrow morning. Of course, this is all DC time. A wreath laying at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington A. Nine thirty to twelve thirty PM will be the fitness competition on the National Mall what does that entail, Gary That.
Speaker 3: I do not know, Shannon, I do not know if they're going to do.
Speaker 4: Uh, maybe have you heard of the murf that's the mile thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's two miles.
Speaker 4: I believe you drink a beer.
Speaker 3: No, that's a different that's the beer mile. Oh, it's a two mile run. It's a.
Speaker 2: Pull ups, push up, one hundred pull ups, two hundred push ups, three hundred bodyweight squats.
Speaker 1: Okay in any squats? Oh my god? Could you imagine? But I don't know what they're doing. I'm just saying that might be one of the things that they do. The Army Birthday Festival will take place on the on the Mall from eleven in the morning to six people. Well, there'd be men and speedos oiled up because remember it's straight man's.
Speaker 4: Speech of summer.
Speaker 3: I doubt it.
Speaker 4: So they just wear like Viori and Lululemon.
Speaker 3: They just wear workout gear. I don't know if they're going to go high end stuff.
Speaker 4: Are they going to wear like red, white and blue outfits? Like is it going to be the Olympics but fit?
Speaker 2: I would imagine they would just wear like their regular PT stuff from whatever military.
Speaker 3: Assuming these are all military members that.
Speaker 4: Are Oh, I see, it's military. It's not like the show from Peoria.
Speaker 3: Could be I don't know.
Speaker 2: And then the parade itself starts six thirty DC times, gonna run along Constitution Avenue, beginning at twenty third near the Lincoln Memorial. It'll finish about a mile down the road near the Washington Monument. And as you mentioned the thousands of soldiers, what I saw already was some of them will be dressed up in period correct uniforms dating all the way back to the beginning of the army, which was that's cool. Listen, there's an aspect of this that I think is cool. The history of the military is fascinating to me, and I will be looking for that for that, for the pomp and circumstance of that, only because of the historical value that is to the men and women who have served this country over two hundred and fifty years.
Speaker 3: Not for the d measuring.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's hard, really tough.
Speaker 1: It's a tough internal battle, not really a battle at all. I'm with you in terms of we are the United States of America. We do not need to show our genitals, let alone put them on the table. For the world to see. But I also think this is cools.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it's a weird, weird place to be.
Speaker 2: Now they're talking about the potential for thunderstorms. It is you know, late spring and DC and thunderstorms are very very common. Lightning is the most concerning potential hazard, not necessarily for the people in the parade or the tanks or the airplanes, but for the people sitting in those metal bleachers. That could be an issue. The large number of people who will be outside in the open spaces a considerable distance from shelter. I mean that the National Mall is just a wide open venue.
Speaker 4: How many people do you think shows show up to this?
Speaker 3: Tens of thousands.
Speaker 2: I And again it's in that weird position because I say tens of thousands, and I was about to say, I hope, I hope tens of thousands of people show up because.
Speaker 3: It is important.
Speaker 2: It's an it's an incredible celebration of the United States Army and its history. And hopefully that's where it ends like that that it's that it's that that it doesn't have to be some sort of ego test, because you know, the vast majority of the people who have served do so without their names ever, sort of being known unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Right, emotional support animals are said to be told to be staying at home in case you are playing on, attending with your turtle or whatever.
Speaker 3: Why what? Why?
Speaker 4: Why are they staying at home?
Speaker 2: But who's taking an emotional support animal to a crowd of tens of thousands?
Speaker 1: Oh honey, they take them everywhere now, they put them in strollers.
Speaker 4: It's a whole racket.
Speaker 1: We should one day get into the pets and strollers racket because these are high end strollers. These are expensive strollers.
Speaker 2: Guys, it might be time to put the guy down, the dog down. If you have to take it in there.
Speaker 1: No, no, you don't have to take it. It's not because the dog's not mobile. It's just because it's your baby.
Speaker 2: Dogs are built to be mobile. They're not built to be put in a stroller. You're angry today. I well, yeah, it does fine, It thinks fine, it does matter.
Speaker 4: What's going on.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you later. Okay, I'm trying to think of something. There's nothing going on.
Speaker 4: Is there anything worse? And we'll talk about it later.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: The worst thing, ever, I think goes back to my childhood.
Speaker 3: Or something in front of everybody.
Speaker 4: Talk about it later. We'll talk about it when you get home. We'll talk about it in the car.
Speaker 2: Internationally, Israel has unleashed a twelve pack of whoop ass on Iran and they have threatened to respond retaliate in a big way. We'll talk about what's going on and how Israeli life has been interrupted now as they wait for some sort of a retaliation from Iran bombing Iran.
Speaker 4: This will chair you up, Yeah, this would agree.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty Yep.
Speaker 1: There's General Norman Schwartzkov saluting President Bush on June eighth, nineteen ninety one. Kana dug up the old footage from the nineteen ninety one military victory parade.
Speaker 4: After Operation Desert Storms.
Speaker 3: So weird. I have no memory of, No me neither.
Speaker 1: I mean it makes sense to me you would, though, we would have a memory of that.
Speaker 3: We're old enough.
Speaker 2: I mean I was in college at the time. I guess I could have been busy and distracted by other things.
Speaker 6: Gary, are you that naive to think that nobody's going to try flexing their political power there?
Speaker 3: I know that it's not just for the army. Come on, Gary, get your.
Speaker 8: Head out of your ears.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing. That's what I'm saying is I want it to be just for the army. I want Saturday night for us to go. Hey, nobody even mentioned the fact that it was Donald Trump's birthday. What a great display of the incredible power the all of this, you know, pomp and circumstance that the army deserves for two hundred and fifty years. If that's what I hope. But I know that people are going to make it political and they're going to use it for their own egos.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Gary, Yes, and Shannon, beautiful Friday.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 8: I think Gary might be experiencing the beginnings of andropause. He could have mood shifts and you know, different things going on with his body. Maybe he's getting a little bit of the movide.
Speaker 1: We're not making any more pauses, any more pauses.
Speaker 4: All of this. I need an ailment. I need an.
Speaker 1: Excuse for why I'm aging like a normal person is getting to be too much. Guess what, everyone gets older, we get older. Sometimes it's harder to lose weight. As we get older, you're constantly going through hormonal stages. You don't need a label for every stage of life. For the love of God.
Speaker 4: No, well, probably we all are. What is your problem is? What is it you're going on?
Speaker 2: Apparently it's late onset hypogonadism.
Speaker 1: That's what I don't want to hear about your gonads anymore than I have to. Sorry, please let this not be a thing. No, but you said there's something you're very angry today. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm not angry. No, I just I have a long drive later today and it's going to be you know, going to figure out what we're going to listen to talk to my wife for five hours in the car.
Speaker 1: Well, you guys can put on a podcast or something, rightudiobook, I think is what we're audiobook?
Speaker 4: Do you guys agree on your podcast?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: Hers suggestion was a new book by the author of The Martian. Do you remember that story when Matt Damon went to Mars and they did that documentary about him getting coming back. The author of that book apparently is out with a new book or it's another book that I don't know how new it is.
Speaker 1: I know people who listen to audio books on the regular. I cannot do it. It's a completely different experience for me, to the point of where I have overly big feelings about the difference between reading a book and audiobook. It's so different to me, it's such a vastly different experience that I have a strong opinion against listening to audiobooks unless there's a caveat unless it is a factual nonfiction. If it's nonfiction, if it's you know, let them or what have you, then I can sit there and listen to it and soak it in. But if it's an experience meant to be read where you don't have any other distractions, like I don't know, driving, then it's it's wasted.
Speaker 3: You're you're, you're.
Speaker 1: It's a disservice to the author at that point because you are distracted, there's no doubt about it. Even if you're taking the five up to northern California, you're still distracted. And that's not how books are meant to be experienced. And I know I sound like a total book nazi right now, but it's just for me, that's the way it is. In fact, I've listened to a couple of audiobooks that I thought I would really liked so much more if I didn't listen to them as an audiobook on the way to Northern California.
Speaker 2: If you have a trip planned today, you can download the audiobook that I recorded last year. It's called Veil of Doubt Ah Sharon verse.
Speaker 4: Is it good?
Speaker 3: It's good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, maybe I will do that. My husband and I would ask.
Speaker 2: You don't want to listen to my No, you do not want to listen to my voice for multiple hours?
Speaker 4: Yea, yes, why I don't have so you're not your voice. I have a problem with.
Speaker 1: That was a funny, huge melanie at the center of the plate. But my husband and I have usually pretty different choices when it comes to podcasts. Okay, I think the podcast that he listens to I would not enjoy listening to, and vice versa.
Speaker 4: We have a couple that we agree on.
Speaker 1: But it's easier when you're taking a trip like that alone because you can pull the plug on stuff like that too. Right, you start a podcasting like I'm not really into it, and you're like, yeah, what else is going on? But if somebody else is into it's a whole thing. It's a whole thing.
Speaker 2: I never thought of it that way up next. We got sidetracked. Sorry, I apologize, we'll come back. We'll explain what's going on as far as what we know so far. The Israeli strikes against Iran's top military, nuclear leadership and nuclear facilities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Israel plan for fourteen days of operations.
Speaker 4: So we're in this thing.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KEA A six forty.
Speaker 3: It's popping off in the Middle East. Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of the main underground nuclear sites is now under attack in Iran, FODU four doh Ford and so that is the latest there.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of aspects of this.
Speaker 2: So Israel launched these attacks inside Iran today, dozens of targets, including some of the nuclear sites four dohs one of them, Natans, is one of the others. Michael Lighter is the Israeli ambassador to the United States.
Speaker 6: The infrastructure at the site of Natans, which is the first site for the production of weapons grade uranium, has been destroyed.
Speaker 3: We believe almost entirely.
Speaker 6: This was a project that was implemented by Armo Sad and I think that when the dust settles, you'll find that the Beeper operation in Lebanon and the drone operation of Ukraine and Russia pales to the genius of the implementation of this operation.
Speaker 2: Now, what he's referring to again, that's Michael Lighter, the Israeli ambassador to the US. What he's referring to is apparently Massad had set up I guess if you want to call it a forward operating base or multiple forward operating bases within Iran. So some of the attacks, specifically that happened overnight came from within Iran itself, launching missiles, MASAD agents launching missiles into some of those nuclear facilities. The other thing that they targeted was every member of the military chain of command and a handful of nuclear scientists. Those have got to be hard jobs in Iran. I don't know how they refill those. I don't know what the plan is is Iran has threatened a retaliation of some kind, but we don't know what it's going to look like. One of the things that Israel was targeting in these attacks was the ballistic missile stockpiles and launchers that exist in Iran. They're said to have thousands of them. Major General Jack King is the former vice chair sorry former Vice chief of staff for the army.
Speaker 9: They're very concerned about the ballistic missiles. Iron fired two hundred of them against Israel back in October of last year. Forty of them penetrated. That gives them lots of concerns. That meant Arrow and US SAD was overwhelmed. If Iran comes at them with hundreds of these things and fires are not at air force baces in the desert, but at population centers, Isra would likely have a problem. That's why ballistic missiles on this attack are very important to them.
Speaker 3: Really good.
Speaker 1: I was just going to say that first wave of strikes gave Israel what they're calling the significant freedom of movement, like you said, to really infiltrate Iran for further attacks. Now they say the operation could last up to two weeks. No firm timeline, but it's all contingent upon how Iran responds. By the way, among those killed three of Iran's top military leaders, one who oversaw the entire armed forces, General Mohammed Bagari, one who led the paramilitary Revolutionary Guard at General Hassan's Lami, and the head of the guards ballistic missile program, General Amir alai has A. Now those are three big gets, big kills there. That is a targeted attack. Of course, that is not just that is not just coincidence, and it's proof.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've said it before, Fran anecdotal reasons that Israel has the most robust intelligence service in the entire world, probably, But to be able to execute something like this on not short notice, I mean short notice to Iran obviously, but it's a program that they've been working on for some time.
Speaker 3: Just the idea that they were able.
Speaker 2: To locate and kill at least six these military terry leaders and the nuclear program leaders all at the same time.
Speaker 3: Just think of the infrastructure it.
Speaker 2: Takes, the human intelligence that it takes to just do that, on top of the strikes themselves into the nuclear facilities, into other areas.
Speaker 1: Iran had been censured by the UN's watchdog, their atomic watchdog, a day earlier for not complying with obligations meant to prevent it from developing nuclear weapons.
Speaker 2: That report comes out from the IAEA and Iran does double birds to the entire world and says that's wrong, and we're going to not only continue to refine our uranium, we're going to open another enrichment facility and start that thing up.
Speaker 1: Anybody thought that Iran was going to play by the UN's nuclear rules ever so high.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump issued a warning to Iran, urging them to accept a new nuclear deal to avoid any further planned attacks. The talks are supposed to take place in Oman between the United States and Iran on Sunday, and as we know, yesterday there were a couple of comments when the President was asked about potential Israeli strikes on Iran. All he said was, I wouldn't say imminent, but maybe it'll happen. He knew at the time that they were going to happen. Benjamin and Yahoo and Israeli leadership had told the Americans that that was going to happen. We do know that Yahoo is expected to speak with President Trump today. He's also expected to be on the phone with Vladimir Putin and the Prime Minister of the UK, Keir Starmer. He had discussions with other world leaders late last night, the German Chancellor, the Indian Prime Minister, and the French president.
Speaker 4: All right, coming up next.
Speaker 1: Alex Padilla is probably the least likely to make a political stunt the way he did at the FBI headquarter in Westwood yesterday indicative of where we are.
Speaker 4: In my opinion, as a people.
Speaker 1: If you've got the guy least likely in California to create a political stunt and he's making Hey out of this, we're all screwed.
Speaker 2: Gary and Shannon will continue right after this. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app