Speaker 1: He'll be a go be beer.
Speaker 2: It's the Internet. You're busy.
Speaker 1: Let's do this for August ninth, twenty twenty four. For the next hour or so, let me help you sort through the world of gaming on Game Mess Mornings Live with Me Jeff Grubb today Take two keeps pointing at the GTA six and twenty twenty five signed to keep investors from worrying. But first please join me and welcoming today's co host the Game Mess Mornings.
Speaker 2: It's tomorrow. Who's saying? Everybody, Tam, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm here and I'm randomly getting blinded by my.
Speaker 1: Light light it's blasting you. Is it just turning on by itself? Is it haunting? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So this this is weird. Like these lights they have like a channel and a group and that kind of stuff. And originally when I lived with Chastity on the East Bay, she had the exact same lights, and obviously we would Yeah, we're both working at games aout the same time, so she'd be doing things and sometimes I would know when she's about to film something because my life were randomly turned on. She's like a sharing channel.
Speaker 2: Rather I'll turn on the network.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that shouldn't happen now, but somehow it still happens. So maybe there's someone in this building that is making content at am in the morning on a Friday.
Speaker 1: That's that. That's incredible. Also, yeah, this is the problem with these internet if they let mean, is it possible that like Chastity still still has like access to it or something and it's like turning it on for herself or something and she doesn't know it's turning on yours.
Speaker 2: That's incredible.
Speaker 3: She lives very far away from me, so good luck to hope. Yeah, because it's not even like it's not even like Internet enabled. It's just like I wanted to turn it on and off. I have to use like an old school remote.
Speaker 1: Oh it's one of those Okay, Yeah, I thought that's how the game Scent worked. And now that game Sin is connected to the Internet. So Dan had the power and we had to unplug it and do a curse on it to print it from attacking me anymore. Uh, drags day Tamn, we're here, it's uh, it's Friday. I am had a busy weekend last weekend, mostly.
Speaker 2: Just having Dan. Right, you're in your home.
Speaker 1: You just get a certain point you got to just get that funk out. So I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend.
Speaker 2: How about you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am looking forward to a quiet weekend. I hope too. Got at least one activity planned, which is right. I'm going, yeah, which is going to be fun. I'm going to a smash room. You ever had a smash rooms?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But I can imagine a room.
Speaker 3: Where you were two people smash.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's all right, never mind, Then I was wrong.
Speaker 3: It's a room where six people smash. Okay, smash. I mean they go in there and they're given a giant hammer and they just get to destroy everything.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if we if we had an office that we did giant bomb stuff, then I would occasionally ask us to build a rage room or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, smash room.
Speaker 1: Yeah that that that's okay, that sounds fantastic.
Speaker 2: Are you expecting, Catharsis? Is this like you're gonna go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna hopefully good, it's gonna feel good. Like it's also like half an hour slot. So I'm gonna go there, smash for half an hour, great stamina, and then just like get some food and then come back and hopefully not leave my apartment for the rest of the day.
Speaker 1: What what are like the safety protocols do you have like goggles and stuff you have to wear?
Speaker 3: I think so they give you like a full rate of safety equipment and like they kick you out with it. And it's funny because like you can select different packages and each new package has like each each package has like a variety of different like things you can smash, and it can be like, oh, you want to pay for the vinyl add on where you get to smash loads of fine. Yeah, it's like I think the I think the the one that we have has like at least one games constant.
Speaker 1: Oh really, okay, well for a second, yeah, you just you froze for three seconds and then you apparently re entered the discord and it did that. You're my.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh wow, that's that's wild. I mean, maybe my maybe.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: My smasha Holics package includes four E plates.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's four.
Speaker 3: Premium electronics, gaming console, monitor, printer, four smaller electronics office film, keyboard speakers, furniture track attire, Bluetooth speakers to play your music, along with all the safety equipment required.
Speaker 1: Okay, pretty good, And all those things are things that I would be like, I don't mind destroying any of this stuff.
Speaker 2: People are like, I like destroying a console.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, I don't know if I have the heart to do that, even like like vinyl, even if it's like you're trying to think of like what kind of vinyl, Like I'm gonna imagine maybe old like public domain, uh, instructional records or something like that. I guess I wouldn't feel too bad, but still such about me. It was just like it would give me a little bit of the heabes.
Speaker 3: I imagine you wouldn't even know because they will probably take it out the sleeve, right, because if you're smashing, you don't want to be in the sleeve. But if I if it was a console you could smash with a sledgehammer, which one, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I I do know the way that vinyl breaks is pretty satisfying, So I would probably feel pretty good about that. Now, if I had to smash a console, If I had to smash a console, what would I smash? That's tough. I guess I would want to see how an Atari jaguar like what it looks like inside, because it looks like it's mostly hollow, looks like I want to see the inside. I want to see its guts.
Speaker 3: I'm smashing a Nintendo sixty four like easy, easy. That thing looks like it would smash really well.
Speaker 2: I would hard, I would smash. Actually, it looks sturdy.
Speaker 3: I would smash in the Tendo sixty four console out of curiosity. I would smash the Tendo sixty four controller out of like, just in rage, because I continue to maintain that it's the worst console ever created by humankind, like the control followed followed slowly followed closely behind by the GameCube controller. And I think that if you are like, oh, I love the game control. I think it's a fantastic controller. Shut up.
Speaker 1: I don't have to say anything because you will now be attacked online for saying that.
Speaker 2: Don't care. I don't care.
Speaker 3: I've been I'll get attacked for much worse than that. Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: That's a good film. Holding in sixty four controller. D you wonder why making controllers don't.
Speaker 3: Need to have a dick controllers don't have I mean, I don't need it, but I don't need bomb my GameCube controller to be eight different sizes, don't.
Speaker 2: Mind, I don't need it.
Speaker 3: Why is there one fat button, one small that's like a fucking little semi circle, and then another one.
Speaker 2: We used to have everything. We used to have six face. That was pretty good.
Speaker 3: I'd fucking the picture price ass controllers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well that's a fair criticism. Actually, uh what before we get everything, we're gonna have a shirt new the Giant bomb Esports Jersey is going to be joining the store pretty soon. I've decided how I'm gonna Yes, he's gonna have a Vegeta there.
Speaker 2: Uh here, here it is. There's the shirt and everybody there you go.
Speaker 1: This will be up for sale soon.
Speaker 3: Ish.
Speaker 1: I took up picture so we could put it in the store and stuff like that. So yeah, we'll have this if.
Speaker 3: You want to. If you want to buy my warn Vegeta shirt, I won't wash it. Let me know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, meet Tam at the seven eleven in the Bay Area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this is this is that's the one that you're wearing. Is really nice.
Speaker 2: So it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: I really like we We tried a couple of different variations on it, were this one. We were really happy with the color color and skigs. We kind of feel like red and black, pretty close to the maybe the official colors of Giant Bomb Sorely eye logo looks really good on here. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And also I really like the way this feels.
Speaker 1: It is light, but it's not so light that it like hugs my body, and I like, I have such like touch sensitivity issues that I was kind of worried about that, and I don't have any problem with that, So pretty happy with the results here.
Speaker 3: I will say, if you're ordering it, maybe order one size above. You think that's right, that's exactly right. Yes, that's slightly.
Speaker 1: I think I'm a DOUBLEXCEL usually and this is kind of hugging my tummy a little bit, so kind of just keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: Oh I can't go with that.
Speaker 3: If anything is hugging my temmy, I'm having an emotional breakdown.
Speaker 1: Yep, exactly. I'll just go go to my mommy. All right, let's explain what we do here most weekdays, I, Jeff Greb, will help pace your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you are watching live on Twitch, welcome. You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Game Mess Mornings, or find the RSS on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Hello YouTube.
Speaker 1: Alright, so we have a lot to get into, so let's start the Morning Mess.
Speaker 2: With GTA six remains set for fall twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: And yes, I put this first because gt is six does well with SEO. This is from Eddie McCoo at game Spot. That's part of take Tho's latest earnings briefing. The company reconfirmed that rock Stars Grand Theft Auto six, one of the most highly anticipated games in the coming years, remains on track for release in fall twenty twenty five. A slide in the company's earnings release states that the game has not shifted, a slide as in like they were showing this to investors. Basically every Rockstar Games title over the past decade has been delayed beyond its originally announced date, but as of yet, GTA six has not yet slipped, at least not in terms of publicly announced states. There was rumors that it could come out this year or like early in twenty twenty five. But yes, there's been a lot of speculation that GT six could be delayed due in part to rock Stars enforcement of a return to office policy, but.
Speaker 2: The game as it now remains on track.
Speaker 1: There were some people who like, we're going to leave the studio because they didn't want to go back to the office. The ongoing video game actor strike, which cites concerns over AI, does not currently affect six, at least that's according to Strauss Selling making a couple of interviews in conversations with investors, Yeah, they're saying this in part because it probably is accurate right now. Doesn't mean it won't slip. Probably still could slip in the twenty twenty six pretty easily. This is rock Star. And at the same time they're out there saying this because you know, the earnings are down a little bit for Take two. The things are slowing down for their sales. They're not in trouble or anything like that, but I think they want to keep investors like with the expectation that GTA six is right on the horizon, So you want to stay invested now because as it gets closer, it's the GGA stocks just or the Take two stocks just gonna be worth more because GT six will be even closer. So they're saying this, I don't know how much I like fully am on board with believing it, like a buy or sell.
Speaker 2: Are you buying this or you're selling it, tam, I.
Speaker 3: Am setting it. Wait, no, I'm setting it. Yeah, I'm selling it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think like there is a very good chance that they could just stick to that release date. I think that if it, I think it will get delayed. I don't think it will get delayed a wild amount, like maybe a few weeks, maybe at most a month. And I feel like if I was the maker of GTA and I knew that I could get away scot free with a delay every single time and have zero pushback, and in fact it be potentially a an uptick in my pr for this game, because I would do it every single time. Because most people, when GTA gets delayed, they're like, ex make it better, make it even better, good stuff, keep at it, whereas everyone else every other game would get delayed and people are like kill them, kill them all. So like I feel like they right now are going to be like this is when we're coming out, please, you know invest et cetera, et cetera, don't go anywhere, and then closer to the time, they'll be like, hey, we have made the wildest game. You have no idea how wild this game is. We just need a few more weeks to make the horse testicles wing a bit right.
Speaker 1: And then every during this they're in here too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, say yes, added last testicles to every sample vehicle in this game.
Speaker 2: What makes the same joke TAM's gonna do, I'm gonna stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, game development's not linear, right, so they've taken a long time on this game, but that has sort of no bearing on like, oh, so they've spent this much time. Therefore, they've had enough time to get this game complete for the date that no, Like, as they approach the end, new issues will arise because it's messy and they've discovered things late, and the polish that they try to do runs into issues, and they run they create new bugs. I suppose, Yeah, it's it's not linear, so they as they get closer to the end, things will pop up and cause new problems. So I wouldn't be surprised if again, we get some sort of delay. I would even think that early twenty twenty six isn't out of the question, like March twenty twenty six, but I agree it won't be much longer than that. We're not talking about going from Holiday twenty twenty five to holiday twenty twenty six. I think they want to avoid that by all costs, all all costs. And again, they were originally expecting this game out this fiscal year, based not they didn't say that publicly, but based on what they were saying to investors, on how much money they were expecting to make this fiscal year. I think we're thinking this game could come out by March of twenty twenty five. So a March to March twenty twenty six release date I think would be like that full year delay already without them having to make it feel like a full year delay to most people who weren't paying attention to that. But yeah, I also agree with you that I expect them to have a lot of little technical things to build up and talk about. And you're making a face. What's up to wash my cat shit on the ground?
Speaker 3: Oh, kitty, don't do that, Hey stop that, Get away from that.
Speaker 1: Oh is this is this moon salt? What's the presence? This is?
Speaker 3: Miko? I think she was in the little box. He took his ship then and was like, oh no, so she did a bus I I need to get rid of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand, Yes, powerful powerful stintrum cat poop everybody. I don't know if you're aware of that. They could bury it. It's fine. If they don't do that, it's a real problem. My cat Will has long hair, and he goes go in there, and he's afraid of his own bowel movements, so he kind of like he like buries it real quick, and then he sprints out of the out of the like the rumor the litter box, is as fast as he can. And sometimes he does not quite finish the job and it gets stuck to his long fur, and so he'll like leave. He'll leave the dingle berries around the house for me to find occasionally, which is a fun game. That's a fun time. Cats are great cats. Cats are also really weird, but that's what I like about them.
Speaker 2: Uh GTA six.
Speaker 1: We can probably expect to still see this game on the schedule that they were originally meaning to show it off.
Speaker 2: You know, we got that one trailer.
Speaker 1: We'll probably get some update on it here in the next six months, But I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised if like we get to like summer next year and that's when they really start showing it off in earnest. All right, you're gonna survive. That's you got to do. That has matt suit on.
Speaker 3: She looks so guilly. She looks so sad as well. She looked at me like, I mean.
Speaker 2: They are real shame about that stuff.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, all rights, remember when that do you think that person leaked the GTA six like video and everyone was like, wow, the graphics sucks so bad?
Speaker 3: Remember that?
Speaker 2: I do remember that? Yes, yeah, oh so what.
Speaker 3: Do you think that happened to that? Lika? Do you think he's dead? Oh? He's dead.
Speaker 2: He's dead, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: You know, if you like go into their office and they have like decremental like like skulls somewhere, one of those is real and it's his.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's like just that person hanging upside down and it's like dripping blood and it's going into is going into like one of those like fucking weird floor ritual things, and then that underneath it.
Speaker 1: That when it goes into like the development PC from like the remaining Houser and cools.
Speaker 3: The CP just goes down into a PC that has the word bully written by.
Speaker 1: Kevin's back jack. Everybody stand back, all right, let's keep going here. A new Borderlands game is in development. Gearbox reveals big surprise if this is from Blair Marnell at game Spot. It's been nearly five years since Borderland three released and fans have been waiting to hear news about the next sequel, and since the Borderlands movie is out this week, gamers are once again looking for any word about the follow up. The good news is that Gearbox Software has finally confirmed that the next game is in development. During an interview with Epic Game Store, which apparently does interviews, Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford was specifically asked if the companies was working on the sequel.
Speaker 2: Pittford replied, of.
Speaker 1: Course, we are. There's a moment where we're where we're ready and we can when we can and will announce something because that moment's uh, that's the moment to make a public promise. We're working on lots of Borderlands, We're working on lots of Brothers in Arms. Wait what really? That was? More Over, it was a more overt hint about Borderlands for than the previous update that Pittud provided in July twenty twenty four, where he said that there are so many great things coming with Borderlands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, a.
Speaker 3: Man, your movie is complete ass. What do you What do you have to say about that?
Speaker 2: We'll make a new, poor, new game. Don't worry about that.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: Did you think he knows that the movie's bad?
Speaker 3: No chumps?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I bet you he thinks this is Yeah. I think he's like, uh, I'm waiting to win my Oscar for this. Yep, Well we're gonna win oscars. Are we gonna do crazy no numbers on this? It might do crazy numbers, but god damn, I have not met a single human being on the planet Earth that's been like a good film.
Speaker 1: Do you think there's a chance we get to like middle next week and people are like, actually, it wasn't so bad. Do you think we get any sort of defense for this movie? I am, I'm it doesn't even feel like that.
Speaker 3: No. I feel like that's what This is one of those movies where even if you try and defend it, like, people are just gonna be like you're insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you keep it to yourself. Yeah, you keep that.
Speaker 3: Shit to yourself. Don't tell people that that's crazy people think. But you will definitely find it on Twitter. People on Twitter love being like people are gonna be farming for clicks because that's how current Twitter works, where it's like you gotta get someone's gonna be like, I genuinely think that this Borderlands movie is worthy of a you know Oscar or like, I think this is one of the greatest songs ever made. And watch the watch the clicks come in, watch the pennies come in, and by the time they're done, the rage you will have amounted to two dollars and that'll be it when you when.
Speaker 1: You go do your Baptist thing. Is it the games and the movies at the same thing or do they have a separate thing for Bafter games and a separate thing for baft movies.
Speaker 3: No, BAFTA has a separate team for games, and it's a very very disclosure. I am a member of BAFTER, so I partake in this stuff and also like I evangelize and talk about Bafter for them because it's an important part of the British games industry and the global games industry. But even without that, it is quite impressive how thorough they are in making sure the stuff that gets nominated and then also wins is is like really really well taken care of in terms of who who speaks to it and that kind of stuff. So there's people from various corners of the industry. Usually when we do like deliberations, in a deliberation meeting, it'll be like someone like me who's on like the media side, but there'll be developers and writers and sound designers and like people who would never normally take part in any other video game kind of judging process for an award. But it's entirely just the games. There's sometimes crossover with films where you have people who you might see working on the film side popping up in like you know, events and that kind of stuff, But for the most part, it's just specifically games.
Speaker 1: So there's no chance that, like if Borderlands won the Bafter for like special effects, that you would end up in a situation where you had to like give the trophy to Randy Pitchart or something.
Speaker 3: I would honestly if they said I had to do that, I would do it with glee. I would be so I would be so happy. I would like, as I'm giving it to him, I would just whisper, this thing sucks and then give it to you. I'll just be like, do better.
Speaker 1: We have such a story about that which we could tell someday, someday, everybody.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm excited for a new Borderlands game. Not excited, I'd take it. I retract that. Actually, I'm not excited about it. I am intrigued by it. I would love to know it. I'm really excited to see what the writing style is for this one, because that insufferable.
Speaker 2: It's gotta like that a little bit.
Speaker 3: It's it can't like people are done with that, ye, Like they are not gonna take tiny Tina just to be like annoying and fucking every meme possible and like, oh god, I hope it's not.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think.
Speaker 3: Borderlinds writing is the worst outcome of Joss Whedon.
Speaker 1: And I think that Borderlands can, like should still be a little obnoxious, like that's I think that's the best. Like Chat described it that way, like they just got to evolve the obnoxiousness, right, it needs to be a new brand of that to a certain extent. I a lot of people played that Tiny Tina game and I never really talked to them, but they seem happy with it, so it can.
Speaker 2: They could probably do this. They could probably pull it off. But you're right.
Speaker 1: For me personally, I probably need to see a lot more evolution.
Speaker 3: The thing is like that they need to write for the TikTok generation now, and the TikTok generation is incredibly fickle. Yeah, and they move one like, by the time you put that Borderlands game out, your skibbity toilet joke is gonna land flat on its face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the time you like to make anytime I would make a reference to something I saw on TikTok on Twitter, that's like the equivalent of like when you would used to see something on Reddit and then a month later your mom would send you an email about it and be like would forward do the email? Like That's what I'm doing now with the people on TikTok. So yeah, it happens fast. All right, let's move here. We'll just get the story about the Taketoo's earnings. But basically we kind of know where they're at. We've talked about it a little bit. They do have like stuff like Civilization seven coming things like that that will make them quite a bit of money, But in the meantime they are still waiting for grand theft Auto six. All right, Doom plus Doom two is a great excuse to jump back into Hell for free or for ten dollars if you don't already own it. This is from Kevin Purty at Ours Technica. I have only one criticism of the definitive newly enhanced versions of Doom and Doom Too. You could pick up now in a ten dollars package, excuse me, or free as an upgrade if you already owned one of those two games. Mike grapes, it's entirely your own fault when you get hit by enemies. On a PC, Xbox or Xbox X or S or PlayStation five, you could play Doom at one hundred and twenty frames per second at four K. You are moving so ridiculously fast speed skating across those marine bases and or healthscapes that the imps of tossing fireballs at you feel like they're apparent gently coaxing their kids to catch a softball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is amazing, this.
Speaker 1: Is really cool. Yes, so I do believe it is actually Night Dive that helped with these along with ID obviously and Machine Games seems like they might have done some work as well, or is that that might be the Quake version here let's see here, Ell, you'll know there's an entirely new episode for another. It's a real bundle with both games, a huge number of classic add on maps, including John Romero's Sigil in an entirely new episode Legacy of Rust made by the folks from Night Dive, ID Software and wolfensteinl Tour's Machine Games. They had previously done the same thing with Quake, so now they did this with Doom. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: How nice of them to release this the moment you finished Da Katana.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, Yeah, listen, I got it, and I am actually in the mood to be like, okay, give me the good John Romero, because I really have a soft spot for John Romero now despite what he did to me with Da Katana, and so yes, maybe I should go play some of this Doom. Doom and Doom two great games, having this definitive edition fantastic. Uh. And it's pretty cool that.
Speaker 3: Review these games. But I ack like this is the first time they've ever been released.
Speaker 1: That's a good idea.
Speaker 3: I like that, think that'll be pretty ful good time.
Speaker 1: I like that a lot. Uh we just like just do that, like I said, as a work, they're in a whole like quick look kind of thing where it's like we're just like talk about, Hey, the new game from from ID Software. Yeah this, yeah, so this is available now. Obviously quack Con is happening. This is where they announced that.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I like this style of sort of keeping these games fresh and updated where it's like, give it a little bit of love in terms of the polish the definitive edition, that's great, but having they having a whole like new episode that people can play through that is completely fresh for everybody that also is like it's just such a really good idea and it's I hope it's a good use of like machine games is time. You know, they did this with Quake, and my thought was like, Okay, they did that with Quakes because.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're going to be the ones to make a new Quake game.
Speaker 1: But now that they're doing this with Doom, it's like maybe this they're just doing this kind of thing. I hope that while they're also making Indiana Jones that this is a good use of their time. But I'll say that I get excited about it, and I'm glad that they keep kind of coming back to this.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I do not know how there hasn't been a Doom Quake acrossover game from machine games like Doomslayer Enters Quake Universe, Like, come on, that is like free money, come on.
Speaker 1: I would I would seriously like that quite a bit. Yeah, I think I don't remember much the story of Doom Eternal where that left things off. But the obviously the New Doom going back to medieval times or whatever, being medieval Doom, that is a really good idea that you could see how easily you would just like, uh, instead of from Dune twenty sixteen where you would go through this portals and play original Doom, like going through a portal in this this Doom medieval what's it? What's it called again? A camera with the name of the subtitle This new Doom one is Dark Ages, Yeah, Doom the Dark Ages. Yeah, you could go through a portal there and you end up you're like, oh, I'm now it's a crossover with Quake. That would rule yes, or like.
Speaker 3: You just you're playing Doom and you just see, like split second, some fucking dude do a rocket jump the yeah come by and you're like, what the what was that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: You never explained ever again. Yeah, it's a little needle gun going past. You're like, oh shit, yep.
Speaker 1: They have a lot of fun stuff that they could do with these with these properties. And you know, there was that dark period there for a little bit for Doom between like three and when they eventually got twenty sixteen out. But now they have a real strong grasp on what this brand is and uh and like how to treat it right? And I hope that they just keep trying new ideas and don't get stuck in a rut. And it seems like that's exactly what's happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sega.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Sega says it's games Com lineup includes an unannounced game. This is from Chris going at VGC, Segays revealed it's Games Comp twenty twenty four lineup, including a previously unannounced game. The publisher will have three playable games at this year's show, but only two of them are known to the public. Sonic Cross Shadow Generations will be playable at the show, making its first playable appearance in Europe. Sega will also have a playable build of Atlas's metaphor refund Haasio, which is also making its playable debut in Europe. However, It's It also notes that completing the lineup of playable titles on the Sega stand is in as yet unannounced project. Sega says it's games comm stand all will also feature numerous photo opportunities.
Speaker 2: Sonic will be in.
Speaker 1: Attendance, so everyone co can go meet their online or take their OC to go meet their boyfriend and all that stuff. I don't know any ideas of what you want Sega to be dropping, because it's like, uh, I'm like I would start to try to guess, but I don't even really know where to begin with thinking like what this could be?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's it could be. Do you think it's another one in the in the entry of like we're bringing old Sega games back, right, we have what Crazy Taxi in development?
Speaker 5: Shanoby Shanoby is still U Streets of Rage, Ye, Streets of Rage rage Golden Axe. I think the Golden Axe, Yes.
Speaker 3: I maybe it's one of those old school games, well old school franchise, Like but if they have jet Set coming right.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, And there's rumors like that and pretty much confirmed rumors that there are several more games in that series of Hey, we're bringing back old games that they're working on that they haven't announced yet. Uh that that would be cool. So if it's unannounced and it gets revealed here and then is playable, that would be I would love to have a huge number of people get hands on with one of these games to see, like, what the quality level is.
Speaker 3: Well, if it is the long Way, it's equelit pro call.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that seems inevitable, right, It's gonna happen at some point.
Speaker 3: It has to happen at some point. One of the greatest games of all time?
Speaker 2: What's the one?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, what's the biggest? Most the same? Because someone's cha said Skies of Arcadia two like.
Speaker 3: That that would that would blow up the Internet in a very small corner, Harry Swell corner would actually explode. Yeah right, yeah. I don't know, like other than like trying to think of what it is in their old school kind of uber that it might have. But I imagine it might be like some of the early sixteen bit days, one of those franchises coming back. J J keeps saying Victor Man.
Speaker 1: He does keep saying Vector Man. We try to ignore him, but I think we have to just acknowledge it and move on. Yeah, for the.
Speaker 3: First game quotes Sunset Riders, Is that what it was called? Yeah, there is quoted something else somewhere. No, Sunset Riders is just a fantastic game. Absolutely, Yes, you make another one of those who made that game, was that Sega and that's Konami. Yes, yeah, I never have.
Speaker 2: I love Sunset Riders. Damn. I think it's the first one or one of the first ones.
Speaker 1: You mentioned.
Speaker 2: A Virtual Fighter.
Speaker 1: I think I think it's time.
Speaker 2: It's time.
Speaker 1: I would love to see Virtual Fighter come back. And uh, that's one that like it's kind of in between maybe one of those. Yeah, it's an old game coming back, but it's like, you know, fighting games are a going concern more like more now than they have been in a very long time. And I think then being like, no, this is Virtual Fighter, it's back and we're giving you a way to play it. That would be cool. It could even be like a reducts of a previous Virtual Fighter, but updated and with better online net code. I would take that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I think I've done that a couple of times now as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there were some rumors that they might do it again, So yeah, I would love to see that. All right. Let's see here, Uh, Sony plans to optimize overall structure at Bungie following Destiny layoffs. Theirm Steven t Wright at GameSpot. This is basically kind of them finally coming out at Sony and confirming exactly what's going down.
Speaker 2: It is in line with.
Speaker 1: A lot of the stuff we talked about in previous weeks and that we've talked about in other reports. Destiny two fans are still reeling from the news that that developer Bunchie laid off around two hundred and twenty people in July, or roughly seventeen percent of its workforce. Speaking on an earning It's Call, Sony president Hiroki Totoki discussed the Destiny the Destiny Studios restructure in greater detail, stating that it came from a desire to optimize overall studio structure. For a report of the call posted to social media, Totoki said that the back office functions of Bungie will be integrated into other Sony studios, and that the studios resources will be focused on Destiny To and the Marathon reboot. His comments would seem to indicate that Sony is taking a more active role in the studios direction, making it a more integrated part of the existing constellation of Sie studios, which is exactly what's happening. This isn't the first time that Totoke has expressed a desire to see improvement from Bungie. Back in February, he said during a financial results called via VGC that while he was impressed with Bunchie's creativity and knowledge of live service, he felt that the companies need The company needed to improve some areas of its business, including use of business expenses and accountability for development timelines. Yeah, this just feels like, hey, the rubbers met the road with the whole Sony wants you to cost less basically, and now you have it cost less and you haven't made all of your milestones. So Sony's going to come in there and sort of strip you down and make you more streamlined. But also means that, yeah, anything you were working on other than Destiny To updates and Marathon are not going to be going concerns any more of themselves other than that that mobile game that they were working on with a new studio inside a Bungee that's getting moved over to Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation studios continue over there. This mostly is like putting a bow on this story, Tam for now, what do you think? Like, how are you feeling about all this now that maybe the dust has settled a little bit?
Speaker 3: I mean not great, kind of felt inevitable once the acquisition happened. I feel like even if Bust if Destiny had performed well, there was going to be an element of streamlining the overall structure and optimizing. It's regardless, that's just how it's gonna happen. Wasn't Bungie like over a like a thousand people or something like that, ver a.
Speaker 1: Thousand people and and always described to me and this is not just to me, but we've seen this elseware very generous pace packages, like the people. It was great that people were really well compensated for working at Bungee. It's like it just kind of it seems like I got a little out of hand once they've had once they had too many people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Sony is the kind of company that comes along and is like, uh uh ah, we're gonna We're gonna cut some corner's hair and strip the fat and as better as we can to that make the whole operation a bit more lean considering that they're making They were effectively making one game for a bunch of that that's a rough cell, and I feel like you, it feels like they never had a shot like this was going to happen. This optimization was inevitable, and now it's happening, and it seems quite severe. The issue that is more concerning to me as someone who likes Bungee and Bungie's games is what this does to the identity of the studio, which is something that a lot of people have been talking about, which up until now at least Bungie had some control over it. I'm sure that the internal politics of a thousand people working on a video game IP meant that the identity was being pulled in a bunch of different directions, and everyone had their own ideas for them. But ultimately, at the end of the day, it was Bungee in charge of what that could be. You know, when all was said and done, that is no longer the case. This is also a moment where Sony is fully taking away the autonomy of that studio and now Bungie becomes and is whatever Sony says it is and tells it to be, which is a major moment in the history of Bungee and video games as a whole, because let's not forget this is the studio that redefined video games in a major, major way multiple times, multiple times. The first time with you know, Halo, And I don't know if people some of the people in this chat. I assume that most people here were around during the Halo days, but it's hard to overstate how much of a iron grip Halo had on the video game world, and most first person shooters that exist in the way that they do right now owe a debt to Halo and the multiplayer for that game. So that was a major, major influential moment for video games that will be felt until probably the end of time. No one's going to reinvent console shooters in the way that they did. And then the second time was was Bungee doing Destiny right like Destiny is in many ways the progenitor and the creator of the games's service model. Which again defines the modern landscape or video games. So those are things that Bungee accomplished in between making good games. Destiny was a good game. It has ups and downs and its flaws, and Destiny too, in a similar way, was had some issues. But both of them are undoubtedly excellent video game experiences. But you know that is so unlikely to happen again now, Like firstly, because you know it's hard to you know, strike lighting, strike lighting three times or whatever it may be. But now with Sony in kind of like holding the reins of the studio, that's not going to happen. Like if Bungie comes along and says, hey, we've got this crazy idea to reinvent the way we play video games, do you think someone's going to be like, hell, yeah, brother, let's do this. No, no, they're going to be like, oh, hell no, make that game as the service title. If it sucks, I'm a stabut, and if it's good, I'm a stabut. You a little lighter.
Speaker 1: Yep. And you know that is Sony's reaction. But that is Sony's reaction to the to the basically the deal that Pete Parson's put together for Bungie's acquisition, so it does go back to him like putting this company in a situation where they were going to end up here sort of no matter what. As you started off by saying that, like, no matter what, they felt like they were going to end up here, and here we are. There's also the question of you know, two hundred and twenty people laid off in this round. People laid off last time, of course in October, so not that long ago. Honestly, it's all just one big thing. So just a huge portion of the team has been cut. Then another one hundred and fifty people in this round are moving from Bungie to Sony Interactive Entertainment, and you know the way they you know, I haven't heard a ton, but the way I've heard is like that is still a very nebulous thing. There's a lot of uncertainty. People still don't have great answers, and that goes for the people moving from Bungie to Sony Interactive Entertainment. It also goes for the future of Bungie itself. Like, yeah, they talked about these things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead, now, I'll just say the concern for me is the future of Bungee currently, it feels very very fragile because it's hinging on a business model that the effectiveness will be proved by other games that come before it in Sony's stable, like Marathon. What happens to Marathon will in some part be defined by how Concord performs and the responses, because that's how these companies work. If Concord comes out and it's shits the bed completely and no one plays it, Sony is going to step back and look at every.
Speaker 1: Other game going the whole process.
Speaker 3: Yeah, vaguely like Concord and Marathon is from what we've heard, very similar in objective and maybe it's not exactly a because it's was supposed to be like a survival shooter or a one of those types of extractions extraction shooter. It's not the same, but it's still the business behind it is pointed in that same direction. So if Concord flops, and it's a big enough flop that it like raises eyebrows in Sonny, which it would do, Bungie is now at the mercy of you know, the performance of other games on its way there for him. Yeah, Yeah, that's that's not a situation that that studio is used to or has been in before. They've always been the golden child and they've always had the faith of people investing in them. Whether that is you know, it was Activision that published but Halo originally not Halo, right, Destiny Halo Destiny Sorry, yeah, yeah, So, whether it's that even in that era, like Activision gave them benefit of the doubt and a lot of ways because they're Bungie, they at this stage don't have that anymore. So it's a very precarious place to be in that I do not envy at all. And there's going to be more cuts leading up to, you know, the release of Marathon for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean if the Destiny to new plan of smaller content packs twice a year, if fans don't show up for that, there definitely will be cuts. If Marathon doesn't perform, they'll there definitely will be cuts. If both those things work out perfectly, maybe they start working on something exciting and new, like a Destiny three that is a really big maybe and it's it's fin yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: They still it's sad because they have to basically re establish themselves as a top tier bankable studio before they can get the good will to try and do new IP and that kind of stuff, because right now, this is not their primary business model. It's not their primary kind of bread and butter. Their primary bread and butter is cinematic single player games which are being made by One and the golden children for that are Naughty Dog. But to a bigger extent, insomniac like you, you are. You are now playing in a completely new genre where you not only have to prove that your game is good, you have to prove that your game is good enough to sustain that business model, and then you have to make a case for making a brand new IP and to be treated on the level as of a insomniac or even a sucker punch, you know, m hm.
Speaker 1: And it's it's ironic that I think what led us down this path as an industry is was this promise that things will be more steady, they'll be more predictable. Live service means a regular amount of revenue coming in each month. But I think what we found is is that these companies never are satisfied. So even like when Destiny is a success, like activisions like can you just make a new video game? Actually, can you make a Destiny two, Can you make a Destiny three? And bunches like no, that the whole point was to not have to do that all the time. And it's like the industry sort of craving going back to let's spend four or five six years making a big game and just putting out that and not we like, and then they really also wanting both, right, and then they also want the live service revenue and not realizing how that is so much more complicated and will take you so much more time trying to do both at the same time. It's like, okay, yeah, the industry just is once again forcing itself into a corner where it hates where it's at, even though it's bigger than ever and everything did work out the way everyone wanted it to, but it's still not good enough. All right, we're gonna take a quick break when we get back, just a handful more headlines to get to on this Dregstay everybody right after this. All right, we are back, Let's hit this one real quick. Max Pain one and two remake are in full production, or I guess it is in vol production. It's like one thing, I guess, and then Control two is now in a playable state. This is from Jordan to the VGC. Remedy Entertainment has provided updates on several of its upcoming titles, including Max Pain one and two remake, Control two, and Condor. According to a developer, Control two has progressed to the production readiness stage. The game is now playable as the team excuse me, reaches an important milestone in the game's development. The development team is working towards scaling up the production of the project. Remedy says Max Paying one into remake, which Remedy is working on as a co production with Rockstar, has also progressed from production readiness to full production stage. According to Remedy, the team is currently working towards a version of the game that is playable from beginning to end. Remedy also provided an update on its project cod named Condor. The development team has worked on multiple maps and different mission types, and we have organized a growing amount of internal limited external play testing for feature validation and feedback. The developer said, Yeah, the busiest studio in gaming stays busy, but they looks like they continue progressing on all these projects. I always am like standing back to being like man. They seem like they're working on a lot. I'm expecting the next update to be like listen, were putting this to the side, but it's always like, no, everything's going pretty well, controlled too Progressing Max Pain wanted to remake Progressing even condor Yeah, we're making the strides over there. Do you think the studio can keep juggling all of these projects.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think they can. It's it's hard to say, really because it's unclear the level of scope that these games are in. Like we can we can say, oh, we can think, oh, you know, they're in full production. That means major teams, but Remedy as a studio isn't very big to begins, Like, yeah, the the the most impressive thing about Remedy is they make games that look and feel like they were made by a thousand people, but were made by considerably fewer people. So I think that what ultimately needs to be, what ultimately will define how they kind of a process is how shrewd and how smart they are with resource movement and management, And from what I can tell, they're pretty good at it. Like, I don't know how big the Max Pain on two team is, but I imagine it's not as big as the control team currently is considered controls next up on the docket, I imagine, But there's got to be like a I mean, there always is kind of like a scaling system here, and I think that more importantly, the studio is small enough, and I think smart enough to know not to overreach, and also smart enough to adjust when they feel like they need to. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a case of, like in in a situation where they feel like they're up against it and can't really control it. Instead of being like, oh, we're just going to hire a crazy amount of people to help us, they shift their kind of priorities a bit to be like, Okay, let's focus on control right now and keep a smaller crew working on condor or whatever it may be. And I mean, like that's not to say that they won't like increase a starffing, but generally I feel like studio in Europe are less about that life, especially like actual Europe Europe. They're less about like, let's stuff up and then lay off a bunch of people. I don't hear much of that coming from studios in Merop.
Speaker 1: I mean, labor probably make that more complicated. I don't know exactly, yes.
Speaker 3: Exactly exactly. Yes, the labor laws would make that incredibly difficult. And it's the same with Japanese debths, right they especially, they don't they don't do that system where it's like we'll have you in for a project and then get rid of you the moment the project is done. So I feel like they need to be a little smarter with how they portion their resources. So is it sustainable on paper? No, But when you consider the way that Remedy operates, the kind of guidelines they have to operate within legally, and you know, just their general approach to treating their developers and their projects properly as good as they can, I think that it is sustainable because they hopefully fingers crossed knock on Wood will do the right thing in situations where they have to reconsider how they were approaching this stuff.
Speaker 1: Yep. I you know they also mentioned here in this story Alan Wake two is you know, just now kind of recouping most of its developed development and marketing costs, which you know would be about it would be a lot of money. You know, Allen Wake two a game that did do very well critically. There was some concern that it didn't do especially well commercially right out of the gate. Part of that I always think is maybe related to not being on Steam. You know, obviously Epic published the game, so that it is a big part of that, you know, not having a physical version, right there was there was also that case, right they didn't have a physical version in stores for retail. That also was going to hurt it. So the fact that they are still kind of getting to that milestone despite those disadvantages is a good sign. And I am a believer that they can really sort of brute force their way into making this series franchise bigger and bigger each time. And if they get through all these and then if they were to come back to an Allen Wake three, I think that there would have been a growing sort of word of mouth campaign among fans for Alan Wick that will make that next one much bigger massive, And if they have some advantages in their corner at that point, I think they could really cash in and that at that time. And in the meantime, the fact that they are diversifying and doing a bunch of different things is I think a good sign and a good thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also like the quality of their games is probably you would hope helping them make these partnership and agreement agreements and with other companies like I imagine like if if alan Wick two net you know, ends up performing well for Epic, Epic would be like, yeah, we'll sign up to do another one of these, like with you guys. I mean, presumably that's why Rockstar got involved with max Pain one or two. They looked at what remedy is capable of and looked at what it results in, and they're probably like, yeah, this is a fit. Like they put out bangers and they're not like doing ridiculous things with billions of dollars, So let's give it a go.
Speaker 1: Uh. Final story here, Borderlands movie is predicted to make a record loss. This is from Marcus Pearson at Game Reactor. It has been a long and arduous climb for the Borderlands movie, whose production has been front with problems from rewrites to reshoots and delays. It hasn't been helped by the fact that those who were given the opportunity to see the movie before the premiere mostly had negative feedback to give. Reviews have generally not been kind either, and many industry experts predict that the movie will be a huge loss for the studio. That's because it cost a lot of money to shoot the film one hundred million dollars to be exact, and in the US early figure suggests that ticket sales will bring in around thirteen to eighteen million at most during the opening weekend. Because with its huge production costs, Borderland needs to make close to two hundred to three hundred million dollars to avoid being a flop. And I will say that I was watching the USA basketball game them a defeat a Serbia yesterday was a boucking goodness.
Speaker 2: I was losing my mind.
Speaker 1: I was like, my boy the chef cooking yep, everyone like kind of had their best game so far.
Speaker 3: Embi finally doing something high.
Speaker 1: And KD sort of like in all of the most crucial moments, putting the game on his back.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, KD still.
Speaker 3: Then Katie went on Twitter at five am. I was fucking tweeting people being like, my mind is a troll.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh absolutely, yes, I love it. It was a great game, but I was watching it.
Speaker 3: I've seen that tweet from Kevin Durant, which is why I love him so much, where he just tweeted your huntson I will drink your boss more.
Speaker 2: Yes I have, and I think about it a lot at the moment.
Speaker 1: Anyway, during during this big game that had to be one of the highest rated things that the Olympics is going to have so far, there was several commercials for the Borderlands movie, and then I was watching something prime time later last night. I think I was watching Sports Center and I saw some some Borderlands commercials. That's a lot of money. That's a big marketing budget, so they are trying to make this thing happen. But I think what they're doing is actually digging a bigger hole for this movie that is by all accounts, not just not very good, but actively bad in a lot of ways. And people described it as sad empathetic, which is just not going to get anyone out of their homes and into the theaters.
Speaker 3: I mean, like the worst part of this probably is that, like you said, the long term impact is if you keep shoveling money into this and trying to force your way into a success or some sort of you know, rising the metric of you know, ticket sales or whatever, just to have a thing where you can say, actually, we saw this much and the movie is as bad as it seems to be. You are killing outright any future future potential to make Borderlands exist as a trans media franchise or property, like I would be after like the flurry of adverts people who go to watch this saying this is dog shit. You will never get anyone being like, yeah, well we will take another Boadlines movie or a TV show like it's not happening, like it's it's crazy. This is one of those examples of it feels like a very like two thousands even nighties era attitude towards making a movie around a video game where someone it didn't need to be made. People probably didn't want it to be made, but there were just enough people who wanted to trush this through probably Randy Pitchford it happen, Yeah, and to make it happen. And I'm not being rude, but like I think a considerable number of people could have told you day one, this is not going to do well like this. This seems like it's a mess, Like you have all the the pieces to make a ship movie lined up like it's impressed and not being rude, but like, why is Kate Blanche in this movie.
Speaker 2: It's where she's trying her best.
Speaker 3: Bless her but like, I don't see that and go, oh shit, this is a real deal movie. They they got Kate Blanchet and Jamie Lee Curtiz. I see that and go oh they gave them a lot of money, which means they are not checked in for this movie. Dog like it is out like it is. Congratulations to the cast of Borderlands for getting that bag as quickly as well Jack Black, that story of him being like I never seen those fucking people. I have never been on that set. I rolled up to a recording studio, did my Jack Black thing and walked away. Congratual, you got you finessed Randy Pitch in a way.
Speaker 2: That no one you know, Randy finished himself.
Speaker 3: Has never pulled off a magic trick that good in his life. He got finessed. Kevin Hart and Jack Black made millions disappear before him very eyes, and he just had no idea. He's still trying to figure out how that works.
Speaker 2: There will be.
Speaker 3: Well done to you.
Speaker 2: I respect it.
Speaker 1: Good job, yeah, and take too by In that darnings call we talked about earlier, was like, just give it a chance, give it the movie a chance, and I don't know if it's a good idea, be like, go watch it, because that doesn't feel like that's gonna help this movie. Telling people to actually watch it. It feels like people are going to tell their friends, I that was a waste of money. Please don't do that.
Speaker 2: Don't do it.
Speaker 3: I just you know, when you open the fridge and you see that, you'll cotton of milk is out of date.
Speaker 1: Just give it. You never know it. Just stick your nose right in there and get the milk particles right on it and see how you feel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who knows?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, all right, that does it for the headlines, everybody, we got a pull question from yesterday. Let's see here. Oh and it's related. Are you going to see the Borderlands movie this weekend? Ninety five percent have said no, five percent of said yes. I voted yes because Jane said we're going to talk about it, so I think i'd be a good BCR next week. Maybe we can even record it earlier in the week or something. So I'm gonna try to see this movie, maybe even tonight.
Speaker 3: This is the kind of movie that makes me think about redownloading a bit Torrent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, clients. Yeah, I wouldn't mind actually seeing a caam of this. Yeah, yeah, that might be the that might be the ideal way to watch it. Actually, do you.
Speaker 3: Find out illegal now?
Speaker 1: Yeah you never, but like I'll tell you what it's like, and even that might be too much for you to hear your virgineers.
Speaker 2: All right, that's that's that pole question.
Speaker 1: We have a new pole question coming up in a second that we'll get to for next week and all that stuff. But in the meantime, Tam, let's tell people where they can find you on the internet, what we have going on, all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: You can find us. You'll find me at tomorrow. H and I'm everywhere. There are going to be twist streaming, so keep saying it, but I will get to it. We have upf coming later today, which is we said what it's going to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I did a switch sports Olympics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I will be slightly relate to that because do you know a couple of people who have decided they want to put some mes on my calendar and don't care about when other things I'm doing. So you hate to see that, but that would be fun. We're recording a Jeff Jeff. Next week, it's the week before games Com. Game come gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: Games is gonna pop off. Yeah, you see there him for me.
Speaker 3: Say hello, we will have a bunch of us there. Jan's gonna be there. We're gonna be having a good time. We're gonna record some videos. Jan's gonna We're gonna record like a travelog, which maybe might come out. I feel like our travelog publishing hit rate is not great, but.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do our best. Well, we will send it. We'll just send it to Sean and tell.
Speaker 1: Him to go do stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe maybe that's the way to do it. Inshalla Train blog will one day come out. I don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: I'll listen.
Speaker 2: I've seen it. I don't worry about I've seen the training.
Speaker 3: I do you know what we were talking about this the other day. I can't remember who we and I can't with one hundred certainty tell you whether the Trained blog came out or not. I remember I remember watching something where I was in the train with Lucy and Jan, but I can't remember if that was in the if that was the train blok and I just missed it, or if it was like another video.
Speaker 1: Ah, Jan likes Yeah, that was Jan incepting you, I think a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, scene from a trained block, which I respect.
Speaker 2: I love it of course without a doubt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well, a lot of stuff happening there were there will also probably have a presence at PAX West that's getting figured out as well. Uh so a lot of fun stuff coming up. Also a lot of games starting to come out. We'll do our best to keep on top of all the coverage. Next week you can expect a mostly normal week, except we won't have Blight Club. But Doug Tomas done. I don't give a shit anymore. I'm free. So it feels good.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, it feels good.
Speaker 1: All right, newpoole question, have you ever been to a gaming convention like packs or games come, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Yes or no?
Speaker 1: Excuse me. We will discuss the results of that on Game This morning is on Monday on Giant Bomb. Once again speaking to Giant Bomb. If you're here, should stick around not too long from now. I guess after Jan gets back from going to Target to get new joy cons, because you need to do that, we'll start We'll start the game or we'll start at upf no no BCRX. We did a power BombCast this week, so we're gonna take a little bit easy tam one more thing from you, please, I.
Speaker 3: Have an announcement I would like to make. I have begun a new journey. Some may describe it as a midlife crisis.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sure it's not accurate.
Speaker 3: I have started purchasing cards. Oh okay, never, Okay, you're getting into I am getting into the one piece trading card game.
Speaker 2: Oh hell yes, okay, so a true midlife crisis. Hell yes, I am getting in.
Speaker 3: I have heard things about this one piece trading card game. I had a day where the one worried about you came up like four times in one day, just unpromised getting you into it. This is a sign. This is a sign. And I was like, I love one Piece. I've been in. I've been one piece since since I was a young boy, So this feels like the right next step. And I went on YouTube and people are popping off about how much fun this one piece is, like competitive stuff. And now let me tell you, I've spent probably too much money sight unseen. I've got starter X coming, I.
Speaker 1: Have Okay, I was gonna ask, Okay, so we're doing starter packs and booster packs. You're not doing the Turbo Shawn method, which is he just only buys the cards he wants you.
Speaker 2: You want some of that thrill of the chase. Huh.
Speaker 3: I need I need the the kind of like the the surprise.
Speaker 2: Let's be clear by the.
Speaker 3: If is any one piece TCG players, fans in in the in the community, just you know at me on uh you know, Twitter or Discord or talk.
Speaker 1: Uh. Well, good luck to you on this new endeavor. I'm worried, but I believe that you have the strength to see this through.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be the King of the pirates being trading cause formed.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what I want to hear. You've always within the King of the Pirates to be not illegal.
Speaker 1: Pirates, not I've never done anything a legal but still the king and just like everybody in the audience is a king and a queen to be. You're the best audience in gaming, Tam. Thank you so much for spinning today talking with me about video games. Man. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Let's do it. I love it.
Speaker 1: We'll try and make it happen again next week and until then, until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself, and goodbye. Where's my mouse curser?