Speaker 1: Minnesota. Goodbye, Bailey, Tell me about your kidney infection.
Speaker 2: I got a kidney infection. I had a fever starting halfway through Friday, and it went into Saturday and got really bad Saturday night. So I went to urgent care on Sunday and they told me I had a kidney infection. So they gave me a massive shot in the leg that hurt like a bitch.
Speaker 1: Shoh.
Speaker 3: Someone said that you get it in the butt.
Speaker 2: Said, They said, you would get it into like any main like muscle system or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So they I'm sure they could have put it in my butt, but I said, here's my leg.
Speaker 4: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: They could have put it in they.
Speaker 2: Wanted to, but they didn't. It's in my leg. So now I have my left leg hurts from my new tattoo I got. My right leg hurts because of this giant shot I got. And then I picked up my prescription yesterday and so I am on antibiotics as we speak.
Speaker 1: Okay, now is it from the rough loven? Because I don't want to get too personal that it's probably like I'm probably not allowed to ask that because if you work it, let's say Huntington Bank, and let's say Suzanne comes in and she's got a U TI or whatever. You don't say, Suzanne, was it from the rough Loven? But I will go ahead and risk being an HR nightmare and say, Bailey, was it from the rough Leven.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was from the rough Loven. I mean, maybe it was from the loven, but it wasn't rough so period.
Speaker 1: In general, you're panicking, Jenny, what's wrong?
Speaker 3: No, AV was just doing something.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I think he was confused. I had to toggle that down because it teased Jonathan Fogel.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the behind the scenes, now there's something going on. Now you hear a walkie talkie and a male alert coming out right in the middle of the whole rough.
Speaker 2: I what you were talking.
Speaker 1: I was really bummed. So you think it was from the loven? But not There was no rough loven.
Speaker 2: There wasn't any rough loven. I think I just have sensitive lady parts. To be honest. I have had UTIs in the past, but I usually know what they feel like, and I did not think I had a UTI. Uh so, and the UTI is, I mean a kidney infection is like caused by UTI and they if it gets bad enough, it like you know, can turn even worse from a kidney infection to like steps it.
Speaker 1: But my mom's sapsist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my mom's conceptic twice from kidney infections. So I thought it was just genetic when they said I had a kidney infection, but it's apparently probably from the loven I.
Speaker 1: Think, you know there, I dated a girl that I think when she's very very sensitive lady parts, and I think she said that her urethra was too close to her vaginal opening. Sure, and and I don't know whether that's even a thing, but that's what she said. And she said that she was prone to UTIs. And the same girl also like if she got like soap or conditioner or something in the lady part area, she had to run down to it. Back then, there was no cvs like Minute clinic or whatever. You had to go wait in line of the emergency room. And so we would spend a couple of nights in the emergency room. Yeah, while she waited for them to give her because they pretty much do it like you walk in, you go, I got a UTI and they give you a couple of pills now right right, and a casual.
Speaker 3: I feel like they have to test you somehow.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think like anytime I've had a UTI, I just take enough, like I guess ibupro villain. Yeah, okay, just like ibuprofen and then cranberry juice and it goes away on its own. She cutis can just go away on their own. I didn't know that, Like, if you don't treat it, then it can spread to your kidneys. So apparently that's what happened to me. But like I didn't realize I had a UTI, or else I would have done something about it before it spread to my kidneys.
Speaker 1: So okay, yeah, well seriously, And I'm not trying to be like salacious now I ask you about that because I don't care about your sex life. I'm curious about it, but I don't care. But I'm glad you're having one now. But I think that people relate when like Fallon talked about her hemorrhoids. She was the first woman in American radio to ever talk about hemorrhoids on radio, and she said, they're like the size of a bundle of grapes hanging out of my asshole.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And I said, wow, that's that's a lot of hemorrhoids, and so she took us through the whole journey of you know, like I don't know the treatment and the surgery.
Speaker 3: She had surgery, right, Yeah, she had to have She's had to have hemorrhoids removed to her three times.
Speaker 2: Doun.
Speaker 3: There was one morning that she was in so much pain in here that I had to end up posting an event she was supposed to host that afternoon because she left right after the show and what and got them removed? It was like an emergency hemorrhoid.
Speaker 1: From wild Well, it reminds me when I was a kid, My dad had hemorrhoids and he said, go down to Kmart and get me some preparation, h and get the kind with the applicator, because if you don't, when you get back home, you'll have another job to do.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I stole that joke.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was like, your dad would never No.
Speaker 1: I stole that joke from a comedian who I don't think is around anymore, called wild Bill Bower. And wild Bill told this joke several times on our show, and we'd be like, tell that hemorrhoid joke, and I thought it was very funny. He's like, okay, get the kind with the applicator. When you come home, you'll have another job to do. That made me laugh. Okay, nobody has hemorrhoids though I don't.
Speaker 3: I know good. I had one before. Yeah, yeah, but it went away on its own.
Speaker 1: A lot of the time with preparation. H you can like it'll go away on its own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but sing with like the UTI goes away on its own. And I'm locked and loaded now. I bought Cranberry supplements. I brought probiotic supplements. I bought cranberry juice. I have liquid IV. I am like set. And the worst thing that I will take to my grave is being on the phone with my mom yesterday and she said, remember you have to pee after sex, and I was like, thank you, yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Women do tend to get up and run to the bathroom to pee. I've never gone in there and said, hey, what's up? Why what is that a natural urge?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, I feel like you know that you're supposed to go and do that, So I feel like that's one on one, Like if you're doing it, you know that that's what you're supposed to do, so you don't get a uti. But having my mom tell me that kill me. I want to die. I've never ever talked about doing any loven at all with my mother, as far as she knows, immaculate conception if I was pregnant.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting cause some moms. I know a mom right now who's got a daughter, and she's like, oh, I said, does your daughter have sex? She's in high school. She's like, yeah, she's having sex. I said, how do you feel about that? She's like, well, she's gonna do it anyway, whether I know about it or not. So they got her on the implant. Maybe is that possible? Yeah? And they And I'm like that just weirds me out that you have such an open discussion with your daughter sure about having sex at sixteen years old. She's like, she's gonna do it anyway. I'm glad she tells me that.
Speaker 2: They're talking about it, because my mom wouldn't say jack shit to me when I was growing up.
Speaker 1: So that's so interesting. All right. We covered a lot of stuff there. Have you got any comments on UTIs, peeing after sex or having a sexual discussion with your mother, then send me your comments. I'm sure it probably triggers some thoughts for you. All right, let me go to the email here and see what we got. Hello, gang staff writer Janelle. Here, I just wanted to let Dave and you all know about a company I use when I had to make a hard decision to put my dog to its final rest. It is called Pet's Remember. They come to your house and they do it there inside of instead of at the vet. With my Chloe, she was most calm at my folks where she was raised. They have vets in whatever area you live in. They are super caring. They came out and put our Chloe to sleep in the backyard. They gave us so much time as we needed to say goodbye and explained everything she was doing. After it was done, we laid next to her. It could hold her as long as we wanted to. She then took her away in a basket and her remains were ready the next day to be picked up. It was the best experience for this sad decision. Oh my gosh, I'm going to tear up when it's time to say goodbye to your Josie. Please consider this option, Janelle. Thank you, Janelle. I absolutely will pets remembered. You think I'll remember that.
Speaker 3: You should remember it, or at least remember that that's an option, because Andrew wishes he would have done that with Mickey instead of going to the vet. Yeah, it was. I mean, I've never put a dog down before, but like now I'm going to get teary eyed talking about it.
Speaker 1: You were destroyed.
Speaker 3: When so hard? Oh my gosh, it was so hard. And I feel like if someone would have come to the house, it would have it would have someone very hard, but it would have been a little bit better because like, honestly, to see like the fear. Every dog's scared of the vet, so it's like you already can see that they're scared, and then you get.
Speaker 1: A yeah, yeah, ah, Jenny, I'm sorry we brought that up.
Speaker 3: I can only give you dogs.
Speaker 1: The only pet I've ever put sleep was our cat, Willie. And Willy was an interesting cat. He was not a friendly cat. He never really quite bonded with the family. He just lived there. And then he got old and he'd pee everywhere and he wouldn't eat or whatever. So I took him down to the vet and and it was very sad because even though he wasn't super bonded with the family, he's still our buddy, and you know, we were all he had. So they put him to sleep, and then I did not know that once they're gone, their limp. Yeah, so I went to pick him up and hug him, and I had a limp dead cat in my arms, and I realized, don't pick your cat or your dog up after they've been euthanized, because they're limp and it's not a pleasant feeling. So hug them and hold them before they go, and then after they go maybe like, you know, cradle your arms around them. Are you going to cry?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry now I'm thinking about my cat. So I don't want to talk about it. Well, okay, I down so many pets and so like my favorite cat in the world, and I was there when.
Speaker 4: He died and it was just so sad.
Speaker 1: So I don't want to talk about it though, because baileg and cheer you up really quick though, ready cancer cancer cancer, Bailey trying to cheer you up, Bailey cancer. Bailey and I have a stupid joke and it's kind of an inside joke where we'll bitch is like, oh, what's wrong, you don't feel good?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I get something on my neck cancer.
Speaker 2: Cancer, which is what you said to me when I was in urgent care. I was like, by the way, I'm an urgent Karen, cancer, I hope it's nothing bad.
Speaker 4: Cancer.
Speaker 1: Well you write it in all caps with an exclamation point.
Speaker 3: Cancer, All right, Alien, I cycles have syncd up or something because we're both over here.
Speaker 1: Like are you both cry?
Speaker 3: I tell you something balling during not bawling. But I was emotional during Christmas wish yesterday. I like they just it just hit me out of nowhere and I couldn't stop.
Speaker 1: Cancer.
Speaker 4: Cancer. Here we go, cancer.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be a wreck when Josie goes. I probably will not be able to come into work that day. Yeah, just this lets you know, because that is my girl. That is the only dog I've ever raised by myself, from puppy hood to old old age. And she is an old girl, but she is still happy and full of love and loves retreats and loves scratches. So next email, this from Chris says, I'm only writing in case you need emails. Okay we do, or maybe because I like hearing mine read on the Minnesota Goodbye? Where did the minute and a half of ads at the beginning and end of every podcast come from. I like to wait till the end of the week to binge them at work. But fuck, there's a lot of time in the ads. Just curious. I don't know anything about the ads on the podcast. I don't listen back to the podcast, and I would never suggest you fast forward through them. But I will only tell you that I listened to a podcast. Somebody recommended a podcast called I'm gonna pull it up for you, and I fast forwarded through the ads. But the podcast that I'm listening to is called ah God, I'm gonna have trouble finding it here. It's called Believable. The Coco Berthman story. Coco Coco Berthman was a woman who she was a big influencer and you probably look her up on Instagram. She's probably still there, Coco Berthman, And she claimed that she had terminal cancer, so she raised a lot of money. Turned out she did not have cancer. Then she claimed that she was a victim of sex trafficking and her mother sex trafficked her as a child for money. And then I'm not far enough into it, but they think she made the whole thing up. Oh kind of like the woman it was so fascinating. The woman who claimed that she was in one of the towers on nine to eleven. Oh yeah, and it's called the Woman who Wasn't There. And it turned out she was missing an arm from a childhood disease or accident, but she said she lost it in nine to eleven and her fiance died in the other tower, and she made the whole fucking thing up. She wasn't even in the United States. Me, what's that?
Speaker 2: Those people are so weird to me, Like, that's a choice that you're making to like, say, you know what, I want attention, So I'm gonna say that I was a part of this.
Speaker 1: So isn't that astounding that somebody would go? Yeah, it is one of the best books I've ever read. The Woman who Wasn't there, and she was just lying about the whole thing, and people believed her, all right, continuing on with the Minnesota Goodbye, let me tap on this and then we'll tap on this one. Here comes Juanita with her random rant y'all already, I'm ready, okay, we're gonna push this button, push this button, and here comes Juanita. Shout out for your contribution to the Minnesota. Goodbye, here we go.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's me. So this rant is about unruly kids.
Speaker 5: So I went to Tarja one day and when i there was a lady who walked past me, and there was a little boy that was walking behind her. Now, I swear to God, this little boy couldn't have been no more than between eight and nine years old, eight and eleven, I mean, so as he's walking behind hers, he's steady yelling at her, saying.
Speaker 4: You bitch.
Speaker 5: I hate you, you bitch. I don't even know why dad married you because you're such a bitch. Oh my god, I'm like, you gotta be fucking kidding me. So throughout the store you could still hear this little kid yelling out bitch and how he hated her and all this kind of stuff. Everybody in the store was saying the same thing, I can't believe. And she not one time, not once, even you turn around and looked at this little kid. So everybody's saying the same thing that they can't believe. This little boy is saying that they can't believe that this parent is allowing him to get away with this. So I'm in line, and by the grace of God, the Lord must have knew that she needed my help because she got in the same line as me. So as when she's standing in line, the little boy said it again. I hate you, you bitch. You knew I didn't want that. Why would you buy that?
Speaker 4: Anyway? You bought that because you're such a bitch.
Speaker 5: So I went and looked past her and I said, you got one more time to call her a bit, and I'm gonna snatch a fucking tongue at your mouth. And I'm a wipe with a cloak's wife. He looks at me and he goes, well, who the hell are you? I said, I'm your fucking wors' nightmare.
Speaker 4: Parents. Don't let your fucking kids get away with shit like that.
Speaker 5: That is so fucking disrespectful, because I want to choke that little boy to the fucking eyeballs popped out, put them back in and ask them, did you see that?
Speaker 4: You see that? God? I hate fucking unruly kids. Well that's this. We love you guys. Talk to you next week. Oh my god, that might be one.
Speaker 3: Yes, that might be wana bro.
Speaker 4: Your side.
Speaker 1: The passion, The passion is amazing. I think that Susan and I were talking about this last night, because there is some I don't want to get any but you know some people who are not doing the best job of raising their kid. And I said, that's what happens when you are raised by somebody who doesn't know how to raise you. You learn from your parents how to raise a kid. But if your parents don't know how to raise you, you're not going to know how to raise a baby. And I think sometimes that's kind that sounds like what happened there, Like this mom didn't have any idea how to raise a baby because maybe she was not raised or maybe she's just stupid one of the other. I'm really sure. Okay, there's one that I wanted to find for you because it made me laugh, and it was an audio clip hold on one second of somebody talking about me on their podcast. Now, of course I can't find it, but let me see stall for me for a second.
Speaker 2: Anybody, Jenny, you look really pretty today.
Speaker 3: Your hair looks really billowy.
Speaker 1: Billowy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a cloud. I actually like, did it nice for Thanksgiving? And I haven't touched it since. So what Today's Tuesday? So that was Thursday? That a girl must be right? It still looks like this it's because I haven't worked out, though I am going to work out today and so I imagine it'll be disgusting.
Speaker 2: I was wondering why your muscles looked like they were an atrophy, so.
Speaker 3: They're not doing you want to step into the gym.
Speaker 1: Good word. So somebody sent this in and they say, Dave, I was waiting for you to come back to town to share this with you. The hosts of the Wine and Crime podcast talked about you in their episode that came out November twenty first. Maybe somebody who's already sent this to you know, but I just thought it was very funny that my favorite radio podcast host was talked about on my other favorite podcast. They do poke funny you a little bit, but I know you have a sense of humor. Enjoy. Here we go from a podcast called Wine and Crime.
Speaker 6: It's a smart club for dorks.
Speaker 4: I want to be in MENSA.
Speaker 7: We can't.
Speaker 6: I know, we can't be in MENSA. If there was a MENSA for like people who knew a lot about cats.
Speaker 7: We could be in mensally ill.
Speaker 6: Podcasters club.
Speaker 7: Ryan in the Morning Show is a MENSA member.
Speaker 6: What that's not true. It's on his Instagram that has got to be a joke.
Speaker 2: I don't think it is.
Speaker 6: I believe it. You believe Dave Ryan of Katie WB is in mensa. It's on his instagram Dave Ryan mensa. You asked him yesterday, he wasn't there.
Speaker 7: Oh, he wasn't there, morning radio host, author, motorcycles, pilot, magic ukulele Dad mensa.
Speaker 6: He also capitalized it as about an acronym about Dave Ryan.
Speaker 7: From the website, it says, did you know that Dave Ryan is a member of the High IQ Society mensa? If not, just stick around for five minutes and he'll mention it again.
Speaker 6: He's very proud of it. But he capitalized it. It's not an acronym, so fucking what.
Speaker 7: I love that You're going to be a Dave Ryan mensa truther as if any he's in.
Speaker 6: Mensa texting fallon, No, you're not.
Speaker 4: If I did not share your number with her or her number with.
Speaker 1: You, Okay, okay, that is cute. You What I what I found most compelling or interesting about that is she refuses to believe that a DJ could be smart enough to be in MENSA. And I think I kind of understand that because DJs are really not known for being super bright. I mean, the cliche DJ is like a Hey, everybody, here comes the brand new Taylor Swift on WDG wise, Spanky on the bandit thank what's the name of the DJ? Spanky and the bandit Spanky and the band. It's just the one that I've clung to, Okay, And I think that I kind of get that you wouldn't expect a DJ to be in mensa. But here's the reason I did because I fifteen or so years ago, I somebody said you don't have a college degree, you only have an associates degree. And I felt rather insecure about that. So not long after I went on the mensa dot org website whatever, and I took the test. And if you take the test and pass it, then you can re quest an invitation to take the in person test. So I go down to Burnsville on a Saturday morning. I sit in the library with a couple of nerds that are supervising the whole thing to make sure you don't cheat, and they watch you take the test and it's about a two hour test and it's like, you know, something like leaf is too tree, as cotton is too blank, or finish the next number one, three, six, nine, twenty two, what's the next number?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And it was all a bunch of stuff like that, or why is this picture? What's next in the sea, and a lot of not knowledge stuff at all, but just like how sharp can you think? And I thought I did, okay, And then you wait about a month until you get the letter. And it was one of the biggest days of my life that I got into Mensa.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And so I used to bust that out all the fucking time. And I would tell intern John, like, you don't argue with me. I'm in Mensa because I'm just more smarter.
Speaker 2: More smarter than you.
Speaker 3: Did they give you like a scoring, like is it.
Speaker 1: Like an no score? No, that's the interesting thing. They talk about IQ scores and the Mensa people don't really believe in IQ scores, sure, because you can take one one time and get a one eighty two, and take it another time and get a sixty four.
Speaker 3: Sure, So it's just that you were in. That's it.
Speaker 1: Just that I was in.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 1: So I'm a lifetime member because I don't want to ever have to retest. So if I retest, i'd probably fuck it right up.
Speaker 2: Probably, Yeah, Yeah, you've gone batty since then.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So that was very very cute. What's the podcast called again that I Whine and Crime, Wine and Crime. I don't know if it must be a local podcast.
Speaker 2: They knew who you were, they said, KATWB, and that's its.
Speaker 1: Send your thoughts into Ryan's show at katwb dot com. Maybe you want to talk about yeast infections, uti s peeing after sex, discussing sex with your mom, me discussing sex with your mom because me and your mom were on the phone last night for a long time talking about sex.
Speaker 3: We got to do that to the people listening right now, trying.
Speaker 1: To get it, trying to provocativity, Yeah, for pockativity, for pocketty exactly. That's it. Bye.